Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

I purchased my Lincoln from elderly neighbours. It was always garaged and well maintained. Rarely driven, it had 33 000 miles on it when I bought it two years ago. I had heard that they were super reliable and would run 200 000mi as NYC taxis and airport limos. At 35 000 the rocker arm fractured on the expressway at 72MPH. VERY expensive repair. Now the air has stopped working and the fan roars on AUTO trying to keep the vehicle cool. What a disappointment. At 38 500 no air. Another expensive repair coming up. Considering how long this model has been around, these kinds of repairs are a disgrace to Ford Motor Company. Love the car, wanted one for years, and now just a huge disappointment. Now I do not trust it!
Bought Montego Premier new from dealer in 2006 with CVT and AWD. 141k miles and still running well. Great in snow and ice. Only maintenance has been brakes, tires & fluid changes, including extra special ATF (only available at dealer). Not too sporty, but for our family, this car has been extremely dependable transportation year round.
So, picked up a 1997 Explorer Eddie Bauer with 187K on her for less than a grand. I've found that working on it has been a breeze. A couple hick ups here and there but to be expected with an older rig. What I've done so far: blend door valve actuator replacement, air flow sensor replacement, camshaft sensor replacement (full shaft), pulled the entire carpet laid it out in the driveway and used our home carpet cleaner (it looks brand new), had to re-solder the Omeron inside the EATC (A/C wouldn't work), re-solder the light out module board (passenger side head light out), replaced all interior and exterior lights (in dash, in consoles, inside everything, just because), buff/polished everything including the glass, did the brakes, did the plugs and lines, re-upholstered the seats and installed a 2DIN HD, GPS, DVD touchscreen. Total about another $500-$700 (parts only, I did all the work myself) It is CHERRY! Looks, drives, smells brand spankin new!
would not stop alarming
My Kia rio has started giving me issues as well. I have a 2009 with 86,000 miles on it and today the engine practically died!!!! I will not be purchasing another Kia, of any kind. On top of that, you can not get parts for them except at the dealer. NO after market parts!!! I had to go to the dealer for a LUG NUT!!!
hi i drive a lot of cars i only like the real american car and the Lacrosse cxl is one of the best ! from my opinion i need more cold from the AC unit i would like more Indicators like oil level and oil temp' +vacuum indicator for save gas !!! but this what i bought !!! a lot of power and you can trust the car !!!4.5 star from 5 star
I love everything about the truck except the motor. We bought our 2010 in July 2014 with factory warrenty by November 2014 we started to have oil problems. By March 2015 they did rings and pistons , I asked for a new motor but the dealer said that coukdnt be done. Found out the warrenty people said it should have been done. Now its in the shop again with a knocking and no warrenty.
I bought my 2003 Lincoln Aviator new and it still drives perfect with almost 200,000 miles on it. I haven't made any repairs in 12 years except replaced the radiator once . It's been a great car and still is
I bought my car from a private owner and my car has many problems like it ac fans or need new front fan both of them, needs a transmission,need passenger Door handle, needs abs ligth repair, brake fluid have be flush out, left signal light need to be repair, Driver side bearing need repair,driver side door handle need be repair. inside fabric needs be replace. front windshield needs be replace.What I know I Love my car once you get things fix repair they work wonderful. I got the AC fix i turn the ac on it is Ice Cold in my car and i have too sometimes turn the AC off because I am cold or freezing in my car and the more I get things fix the better the car drive.Most repairs price ranges at $200.00 dollars to $300.00 dollars a repair. So if you do not like spending this kind of money on car repair do not buy this car.
2013 Nissan Sentra Car seems to have a lot of problems. The motor bogs out a lot, making a loud noise. My back tires ware quickly. And it just started recently over heating! The ac also doesn't blow cold air unless you are driving when you are stopped or parked it blows out hot air.
Great tow vehicle. Tow a 26' Flagstaff travel trailer with it. Like all comparable tow vehicles, mileage drops to 10-12 mpg when towing. With no trailer, expect high teens and even above 20 on occasion. Smooth. quiet and reliable. A/C is a bit weak but OK. Ride can be a bit choppy on rough roads. But, this is a heavy duty body-on-frame rig and it is very strongly made. 5.7 engine and trans are excellent. I am very happy with this 2nd Gen Sequoia.
I bought my 2008 Solara Convertible in March 2014 with 63000 miles on it from the Toyota Dealer who sold it to the original owner. Initially the front end shook badly when driving on a bumpy road and I took it back to the dealers service dept several times. Initially they tried to tell me this is normal for a convertible, but I wasn't buying that line. I persisted and they finally replaced both front struts [I also believe the rears need replacing too] and road-force balanced the tires where they found two of the tires had had hard use even though there was still good tread on the tires. Still driving on those tires at 70+K miles 1.5 years later. This is a 9 month car for me-used March-November. Next spring will probably require new tires and if I'm still experiencing body shimmy on rough roads will probably have the rear struts replaced. Otherwise, the car has been great. It's not a "sports car", but at 58 I know I'd have difficulty getting in and out of a true "SC" so this is a comfortable alternative. It is the 5th or 6th Toyota I've owner and although I was a late convert to the brand, I am sold on them now. My 2002 Highlander has 121+K on it and runs like a champ. You can have all the electronic bells and whistles on the newer cars, to me it is just more stuff to breakdown, besides you should be focused on your driving, not your cars "Connectivity"!
Purchased my 2007 Sentra S in 2010. It has been a great little car! That being said, I wish the seat adjusted to where short people can raise it high enough to see over the hood and not be in the steering wheel. The brakes are original (it is at 150K now) and work great, but they squeal when they are wet. I've had them checked by multiple mechanics at different shops and they all say they look great. Gotta love those Nissan engines! They run like nobody's business, but i wish they didn't sound like a wind up toy. :) I've had some issues with it dying when trying to cold start it. Finally it blew up the fuse to the starter that is situated over the battery under the positive terminal. After checking, we found the intake hose had a large hole in it that the original owner had used black electrical tape to seal it back off. These two items I can replace for $150. Last summer I had a terrible squeal in the passenger suspension. It turned out that the boot was almost completely off the shock. I replaced both shocks, the control arms, all three motor mounts (cheap) (which caused a lot of the noise),took it for an alignment and the car drives brand new again. The carpet and upholstery is very durable. I spilled oil in rear floor board and it came up by scrubbing a very small bit of dawn into it and pouring club soda over it. Vacuumed it up and hit it with BleachWhite. It looks the same as the other side now! I love this car!
the breaking bad row material ofmy new corolla is very bad they changed rapidly, also i have a problem with the air conditioning it stoped cooling when the outside temprature is o38, also the acceleration of the car is very bad specially after you reach 120km/h it takes to long time to reach 140km/h
I bought my 2012 Galant in March, so I would hope I didn't have mechanical problems which thankfully I haven't. No problems at all. Maybe wish it would have a bit more HP but that's always something I can do on my own. Great on gas, I recently got married in Vegas, drove from Glendale to Vegas and used only half a tank, so awesome on gas especially with how gas prices keep going up. My first car under my name and I love it, wouldn't change it for another car right now
Purchased a 2-owner Mt. w/73K original miles. It had a bit of rust due to 2 winters in Michigan followed by 12 years in Va. It has the infamous radio light and rear window wiper failures which I have allowed to continue. It has cost me $100s in front end repairs (rust due to Michigan winters, I guess) and modest other repairs but it is a 15 year old vehicle. It got me thru several snows last winter with no problems when others were stuck. The motor is superb still and I now have 90K miles on it with a EGR replacement and tune-up pending. Hopefully no other issues but I LOVE this SUV. Comfort, features and ride are tops and the 5 liter motor is terrific.
Bought my Grand Marquis used 8 years ago. It's otherwise a good reliable car. This was my first car brought never had a vehicle used family members or walked wherever needed to go. I do trust my Grand Marquis know this car is very old but will require in giving lots of maintenance replace manifold intake gasket and ball joints for $40 at NAPA AUTO,) Changed plugs, air filters a new alternator along AutoZone battery had replace at the auto store. First got my car originally had 120,000 miles.,) now I've driven it at least another 30,000 miles running on orig. engine and transmission. Being that it's 18 years old the Grand Marquis really holding up extremely well. Interior and exterior almost like new absolutely love my Mercury comfortable in lots of spacious with huge trunk space. Idles up very well its gone on few trips no worries believed as long keep getting it fully serviced won't have any major issues out of it. I Love these cars so reliable and comfortable cars ever driving my super fantastic I plan on keeping this car for as long as can because it's a good large dependable vehicle ever owned. Didn't pay a note on was a free auto ride so happy that could just hope in my car turn the key and start the motor as taking off. Grand Marquis never ever suffered problems as overheating or felt I was left stranded on side of road it treated me while served me driving around where I needed to go it's a beast. If ever buy one of these would definitely recommend getting the '97 think they are best ever overall with only fewer problems will be holding tight to this car loving my smooth cruiser.
Had just about every repair and service known done over past four years, thus far to Sept, 2015 for this 2003 XC70, but not needed [as yet] repair/replace transmission nor AWD drive mechanisms nor engine itself other than replaced all engine mounts, nor exhaust system as yet. Have 75,600 miles on a now 13 year old vehicle. In the last four years [Sept 2011 to date] have paid $20,000 for service, maintenance and repairs, not counting a new fuel pump that was a factory paid for defect repair. Largest problems have been electrical, incl. replacing the $2,500 computer module, fan, alternator, three batteries, various other computer modules, brake master components, and all new suspension, all parts front and back, sans the coil springs themselves. I figure, next, will be a $4,000 to $5,000 new transmission, perhaps tomorrow, or perhaps in next 50,000 miles ...??? And yet the vehicle gets no off road use nor abuse, just travel from Manhattan to paved road suburbs largely only on weekends with the greatest historical trips to Pennsylvania and Massachusetts. And has always been parked in a heated garage. Go figure? Right now, looking to replace the awful headlights that always gave poor lighting, a design flaw in 2003, as my shop, that customizes in repair, service and restoration of hi-end vehicles, incl. Rolls Royce, as well as the mundane, is looking into HIDs for me. I'd say the the problems with the vehicle have been and are a combination of age related and very poorly designed and engineered components that do NOT stand the vigors of Volvo's advertising nor test of time, the vehicle being nowhere as reliable as any even low end Japanese brand auto, though I do not criticize Volvo safety but have yet to be in an accident with the vehicle. So the answer is simply to drive any Volvo only for life of the full bumper to bumper warranty, whether own or lease, though of course you'd be taking the largest depreciation hit when new unless take out the best bumper to bumper extended Volvo warranty and keep longer, though the warranty can be costly. Or just buy any Toyota or Honda manufactured brand if you want little to no out-of-pocket repairs and the finest quality engineering and manufacture.
I purchased my '11 Accent new, from the dealership, in October 2010. In the almost-five years (and 68,000 miles) that I've owned this car, I've had the fuel pump and charcoal canister replaced (under warranty, at about 20K miles), and the ignition coil has gone out five times. Most recently, the ignition coil went *again* after being replaced four thousand miles ago. This time, it was while I was seven hundred miles from home! I'm glad I had the foresight to pack spark plugs and my socket wrench set, because I didn't fancy finding a reputable shop or limping home on three cylinders to my mechanic. Otherwise, this is a great car for the price. It's perfect for one- or two-person road trips! I usually average 40-something mpg on the highway, so it can go a while before you need to stop for gas. The trunk is big enough to fit suitcases or coolers. The suspension is pretty stiff, so you'll feel every bump and pothole you go over, but it turns on a dime. It's a very light car, so it tends to skim over ice in the winter; I recommend putting a bag or two of salt (sand, cat litter, whatever) in the trunk to help weigh it down a smidge. The heat and AC work quickly at adjusting the temp to what you need! There are big enough gaps in the plastic interior, so it rattles in several places just driving down the road. It's a rather loud car in general, even when you're inside of it. Honestly, it's louder than it has any right to be, since it's only got 110 hp. Speaking of 110 hp, this car does *not* like going uphill, and it complains a lot when driving in the mountains. It's a reliable car in that it's usually just the same thing breaking over and over again, and it's a very easy (and cheap!) fix. Just don't leave town without some spark plugs and socket wrenches, and you're fine. My fiancé wants me to add that this car isn't really built for anyone taller than six feet. I'm 5'4", and I fit just fine in this car. He's 6'6", and has to fold himself into and out of the car. Even with the seat all the way back, his knees rest against the interior on either side of the glove compartment (or on either side below the steering wheel, if he's driving). It's still more spacious than it looks, though!
First minivan. Love the ride and handling, the mileage is acceptable. The brakes are a dangerously unreliable. Brakes stick on and almost ignite into flames ( check them out after dark) Poor, poor design. Coolant fan went at 70 000. new brakes all around at 125000(nuts). I asked the serviceman if it was a know issue about the brakes he said "no" and then I found the service bulletin about it. I lie it but have no faith in the brakes.
Good car I have had for 8 years. Picked as certified car it's a base model with a four cylinder. G6 runs and drives like new good car but things are happening quickly as brakes need replacing more often. Steering pump just went out at 110K, NOW I need to replace 02 sensor and new starter. Interior dash light keeps flickering its the check engine light had several mechanics believe a malfunction as I got several parts replaced but waste money because thought engine required some work that wasn't it. Still runs well guess being a nine year old car must be time getting new car want let that fool me because car is reliable just has its ups/downs most times. I've had a mechanic to run test on most things able drive out of state. It doesn't burn drop of oil one good thing as long runs and drives that ok with that still satisfied.
I had this car for 10 years. It gets me back and forth where I need to go. Bonneville is a solid vehicle purrs at 30 mph and a comfortable car. Living in Wisconsin hasn't rust or corroded so happy with that. At 115,778 miles use Lightweight oil 1000miles change spark plugs between (60,000-75,000miles) very classy car running cond. Believe it or not its a '90 model but looks like a 2015 model year car all original only things got done would be regulator for side window, tires, oil pump/radiator, water pump, struts and shocks etc. Drove to Florida still gets 25 mpg for this midsize car. Color is Lt. blue with navy interior all of my power equipment still works well even cruise control and air conditioner blows ice cold ac as heater toast me up doing the coldest winters ever. I would drive my Bonneville as long has lots of life left in it, changing oil and routine services car flawless these vehicles like this one are very rare finding in pristine condition.
bought mine for $500.00 7 years ago. ran great till now. it has 237,000 miles on it. the coil pack is not getting juice. just stop working in the rain on 95 south. it rumbled then stop working. my neighbor jumped the pack from the battery does not start cranks but does not fire up. i replace the coil. but does anybody know if this year uses fusable links? any help appreciated. thanks!
We purchased our '07 GX 470 with 26,000 miles on it. It was a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle, and in immaculate condition. We hadn't had any problems with it until recently. Our alternator went out. The vehicle now has 63K miles. Initial estimate we were given to fix it was $1,100, but I challenged that after seeing that the parts are $370 for an OEM alternator. Got them down to $850, installed, which seemed fair after seeing all the parts they had to remove to access it. So, we've had the vehicle for 4+ years and that's the ONLY cost we have had. Pretty darn good, and this suv is solid! Powerful, comfortable, quiet, and it even tows 3,500! lbs with ease. I highly recommend it.
sorry dam car I ever own troble troble it got to go it made to f u all that money u pay for it u pay for it again if u keep it nice body all u get an repair bills
I have a 2002 jeep liberty with 185,110 miles. I've driven this car for many years. I am the second owner of this jeep. When I first got the car I can't remember how many miles where on there. but I immediately replaced all the fluids with Royal Purple. flushed the radiator, replaced the trans,engine,front/rear axel oil, power box, front rear drive oil. added purple ice to a 20/80 mix antifreeze/water. got new tires. I've not done anything mechanical to the jeep since I bought it. I've sadly neglected it but have no issues and constantly getting 18mpg average. I'm not able to afford to get another car for a few more years as I've just now paid off the jeep. I'm in a conundrum of fixing it or financing another car which I'm only willing to do if its new however my credit is shot ;( Last year the Ac went out at 150,000 miles. I have almost bald tires. the rear windshield motor went out. I believe my fuel pump is about to go out. I estimate the repairs cost will be about $4300 to replace everything. Now that I don't have a car payment if I took that money each month and used it to repair the vehicle It would take me almost 2 years to finish all the repairs. provided that I don't have any more issues.
I bought my 2005 Lesabre new from dealer. The car has been a piece of mind with fewer problems up until now, noticed that my check engine light is on took into a mechanic told me that the engine needs couple repairs done under (85,000miles). My Buick only burns 1 quart of oil doesn't have any oil leaks or no hesitation but I am replacing more brakes than ever now plus went by a AutoZone getting new master cylinder put in. It rides smooth like couch the interior lights beginning flicker as dash makes small rattling noise even rear headliner seems as liked somebody had fallen on roof of my car because at the edges has come apart looking getting it fix. Transmission still shifts well as engine performs great just only burns 1 quart oil not even haven't oil leaks. Dual climate A/C control quit working last month I had another mechanic looking at it saying I needed a new compressor and AC unit cost ($835.45) since my warranty has expired. The car exterior body is in good shape my Buick does run well having (155,000miles) one thing I really hate on this car is whoever thought about this must didn't think well or maybe a Monday morning after the Super Bowl I have too go in the rear of my passenger seats underneath car replacing a battery think its so crazy on whoever the engineered was at GM! I really like this car hope runs at least (200,000miles) drove this car across several states over the years never a problem up until now with few little minor things. LESABRE is spacious, comfortable, gets average of 28mpg and 23 city love my car its a beautiful vehicle which was the last year this car was made until Buick discontinued it. No matter how it gets my nerves or have to put money into it will keep this car until I drive it through the ground has original engine and transmission though my engine burns 1 quart of oil still runs like new. Buick is a solid vehicle well equipped though I have the Custom edition everything working fine except (wear and tear) I'm started off dealing with now other than the car has been extremely reliable and runs like new least it lasted 10 years.
My husband and I have been ALL OVER the US in our Malibu and I'm constantly amazed at how well it's held up to so much use (and abuse). It now has almost - 3 1 5,0 0 0 - miles on it and we're finally having to deal with the electrical issue that seems to have so many owners frustrated with replacing one part after another. The issue that's forced us to have to finally do something about it is the hazard/turn signal problem, which I'm hoping will be resolved along with the various lights that are not working, the AC fan not working on lower speeds, the cig lighter constantly blowing it's fuse, and worst of all, the car occasionally just dying while driving down the road. I've come to believe these may all be caused by a single issue after reading this comment about the AC fan... "As a service advisor working at a GM dealership for 9 years, I have seen this problem more times than I can count. In my experience, the blower resistor shorts out due to an open in the pigtail harness. A lot of mechanics don't bother to troubleshoot the resistor failure, they just replace the component and move on. Unfortunately, the wire harness has to short several resistors before the mechanic starts to see that something is wrong." ... and discovering all our issues can be traced back to the ignition and wiring in the steering column. So wish me luck, because even with the problems I just mentioned, we still wouldn't hesitate to load up and drive across the country again.
I like this car - Only shortcomings are dealing with be brakes and slippage tranny into 1st gear. Other than love gas mileage the comfortable seats a very spacious cabin with import options in its class. Would recommend but before getting unless got the average model check under Consumer reports or Bulletin about a issue car has otherwise like this car not too many things that seem be a problem just replaced 4 set of brakes not normal for being 8 months old don't drive hard or abuse my car liked said must got averaged car.