Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

I bought my Expedition in July 2001 has 305,452 miles. Never had problems except for brake wear plus had a light indicator on dashboard but mechanic fixed couple things as lasted for 16 years. Rides, drives and comfortable still peppy its probably better than newer Expeditions might be wrong - I absolutely love this SUV. Everything is great on this SUV very fast with lots of power have done on plenty of trips plus been through chains still very dependable. Did get routine stuff done after my 100,000 mile scheduled maintenance its working even engine and transmission are both still original. Overall I really have so much fun driving the Expedition though single its the best ever owned after owned few cars in the past Expedition is my favorite vehicle had.
I loved the look of this car & the power when I first got it. However now I have more to say negative & most are little things but they are super annoying some unsafe & add up ! The seats do wear fast. have to change brakes too frequently with just normal travel. Last year the back driver side brake had apparently got stuck, although I had no clue ( I just replaced them a 5 months before this )& had to replace the rotor as well, even though the other side was fine! Had the issue where they key wouldn't come out found out it was (small pc of plastic from the silver ring on the shifter button was broke off inside) not allowing it go fully go into park even though it said it was. Removed that & it released the key immediately. Front end squeaks especially when I turn. Door handles are garbage!! (inside)cracked & eventually broke. The driver door has never locked electronically. it is done manually, even after i replaced the broken door handle. Trunk sticks won't latch shut, you simply hit the unlock button on your key chain and then the trunk button & it will close. Also the lights on the radio screen are so dim I can't see it & sometimes the volume goes up & down a few k notches on its own! Now the wrench & engine light are coming on. Starts acting up not shifting no power after running for about half an hour & the fan kicks on. It does not read hot but After it cools down it will run fine again. Today it was so hot out it started acting up sooner so i shut it off & it wouldn't start. I'm seeing some owners say it is the throttle body so I'm having this checked out tomorrow. Thanks to all who have commented about this car as you have saved me money & stress a few times!
I love my 2000 Monte Carlo bought it in '02 now roughly got 235,245 miles. Oil always changed with 5w20 Synthetic and spark plugs serviced at 10,000 miles. The car is very reliable driven to California and Vegas the ride still solid and interior of car are like new. It has plenty of power love my Monte Carlo its a sporty car driving if Chevy brought back these cars again would buy another. Wouldn't sell or trade for nothing - ASAP its a good car than ever owned for me driving around town gets fully serviced at 5,000 miles.
Expensive to own and maintain. BMW can NOT build an interior that holds together to save its corporate life. Can't drive the car past the repair place without leaving it there for a couple of days and writing a check for $1,000+. Have owned three and this is the story on used BMWs. If you think you're smart about money don't get a used BMW. It will bleed you dry. The trick with BMWs is to buy NEW, then get rid of the car after two or three years before the problems start and the car gets expensive to own.
I purchase a 2007 lincoln mkx a month ago, im a lincoln fan for years so i fell into this lincoln mkx. the only thing that i don't like is that lincoln dont have a vent to let fresh air in and i have the awd its quick in accelleration but i hear clicking noise when i come to slow down.my 6 disc changer is common to jam and mine is,so i use my i pod so i do have music. my a/c work kinda crazy the drivers side blow warm air while the passenger side blows cold air. ive been working with it.
Best car I've ever owned. 215K miles @ 9 years old and have done little to it. Front brake pads first time @ 150K miles. Exhaust pipes @ 170K 1 Rear Shock blew at $165K (so replaced both). Catalytic converter code just came up at 212K miles and suspension is only now just sounding like it may need attention. Body is in great shape, no rust, and car lives outside in coastal CT. Still average 44-47 mpg. What more need be said?
This is the 3rd and LAST HONDA ACCORD that I will own. I feel in love with my husband's (then boyfriend), 1987 Accord Coupe, we married, had our first child and even after being flooded by Hurricane Floyd, had it repaired, with no problems and got over 240,000 miles. We wanted a Sedan, so I got a 2000 Accord...I drove it and got close to 290,000 miles BEFORE (drum roll), this 2008 Honda Accord. NOTHING BUT TROUBLE...from brakes, replacing headlights (which is a task in itself on this model), to my the VS system, which I was told was a timing chain, replaced the entire entire. I then find out there's a recall. So, $3000 later, I can't get it inspected because my dash is lit like a Christmas Tree and I've been told that I need a 1500.00 Internal Computer Module, AND this morning, it wouldn't crank AGAIN...The battery is good, the mechanic is saying its the starter, and that, because of the labor involved with taking the intake manifold off to replace the starter motor....
Auto purchased in 2002 (new) @ Banner Chevrolet and till this day have been having problems with the Steering Shaft Knuckle which had to be repaired on numerous occasions. Other than that, the vehicle is in excellent condition. I have 109,707 miles. Love it.
I love the look and style real comfy and drive s well ,BUT' I have had to have engine rebuilt at 73000 mile`s and still have the ABS LIGHT,STBILITRAK LIGHT AND ALL WHEEL DRIVE ,and the parking assit is allways coming on and now is sucking up anti-freeze I have only made 5 payments on this and drove it maybe 2 months s olid does not look like I can trust it
We purchased this van used less than a year ago. I did research so I had an idea of what to expect as far as hiccups in performance. I love this van, though the engine light coming on for the gas cap is annoying. Currently dealing with the ABS and Traction Control light and service message. Luckily, my father and brother can help me out with servicing and I can avoid costly repair fees.
I have an LT. The interior is leather. It has run perfectly for nearly 3 years, although I don't put high mileage on it. The only problem I've had is that I replaced the original intake with a cold-air intake and it wasn't mounted tightly enough. Be sure to follow the instructions as to shifting in and out of 4 Wheel Low. It is surprisingly nimble for so vast a vehicle. It is not as powerful, or at least it seems so, as older Suburbans; however, it's only a 327 c.i.d. so that's expectable.
I bought the car used one year ago. I started with 55K, now at 68k. It is an EX-L V6. I have not experienced the problems listed below; however, the prior owner may have lived through them. I change the oil every 5k miles. The only areas where this car could have been better include body integrity (rattles) and brake noise (the lining is fine - just noisy ~ which I have experienced with other cars). Based on thoughts below, I suppose time will tell.
I purchased my Chevy in 2014 with 96000 miles on it I've had a few issues with wiring in the fuse box under the hood now having issues with transmission not shifting in to 2nd gear I hear these trucks have a lot of wire problems
Bought a used 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ in December 2014. My Stabila track light comes on, then it hard shifts in 1st gear. Check engine light comes on now and then too. Have multiple sensors replaced, then the Camshaft sensor (1200.00), 4 weeks later it's doing it again. Now they want to replace the camshaft sprocket sensor for another $600. Burns a lot of oil too. We have no idea what is wrong with this truck. We are putting a lot of money into chasing down this problem. No idea what to do. Feel duped.
Cost to repair this car is more expense than the current price. many light in dashboard appear in my Prius 2007 with 84,000. According with the Tech repairs from Headquarter Toyota the ABS assembly was damage. to repair this piece of that car cost me more than US$3,600.00 Between other pieces to running again on this hybrid car I have to place US$4,900 in the table to fix. The current price for this car in the market is in average US$6,400.00. And Toyota USA never recognize to replace that ABS piece since they made other recalls on this cars on 2,012, year when I purchase this expensive car.....saving money on gas, but to repair is more money for Toyota???????
I have had my 2003 Sunfire since 2004, I bought it from Enterprise Car Rentals, I have had nothing major, my A/c Compressor went out in 2011 had it replaced, Breaks one or 2x's, runs fantastic, great gas millege 14mpg, my Power Window on passenger side has gone out 2x's once were both, now just passenger side motor. I am having the Crankshaft Seal replaced next week. Besides all these Transmission is very strong and I am very happy with it
I am the 3rd owner of this vehicle. It is a 2.5l 4cyl. so it has a weaker transmission and rear axle due to a low amount of power. had to replace whole rear end mechanically 4 years ago. Body/interior is fairy OK for it being 17 years old, but with the design it easily gets rock chips on the grill and windshield. Brakes have been great, only had to replace once in the 7 years I've owned it, mainly because it is so light and I don't hit the brakes hard. Electrical has been fine, just a short somewhere for my light above the spare-tire (not required so why put time and money into it). Engine has been great. I've developed an exhaust leak somewhere under the hood, which I didn't think I'd have to worry too much about getting because it's only a 4 cyl. heating is fine. suspension still stock, but recently developed a power steering leak, and it seems like it is both in high and low pressure areas, yet still gradual. Seeing if oil with stop leak will help.
I bought my 2006 Taurus in 2007 with 8,000 miles. It was a dealer show car. It has ran very well. Had to replace the starter at 100,000 miles. Have done regular maintenance, oil, tires,etc. Now has 110,000 and starts with no problem, milage is still right on, runs like a charm. It has been a good car.
had to to major front end work at 61000 had to replace the computer at 62000 had to replace the EGR servo valve at 65000 engine also has a knocking rod, i chose to trade it in and not repair, i have driven a couple of park avenues and the lucern is not the same quality, it is crap i traded this lemon in and got a new Nissan maxima, the difference in quality is astounding, GM will not survive, Obama will pump billions into to it until it dies.
Bought my 2003 XC90 brand new and have had nothing but problems! I have serviced it through the dealer and have kept it in a garage when not in use.Its now 12 years old with only 66,000 miles and the dealer is telling me that it needs a new engine!!! I will NEVER buy another Volvo
Granted I am going off of my own personal 1999 Yukon Denali which had about 82,000 miles had a brand-new 350 crate motor put in it by Chevy before I bought it , I did change the exhaust with magna flow true dual plus highflown cats and a can and cool air intake I get fantastic power and considering the weight I get great gas mileage . Breaks I had met with this size and weight of vehicle the brakes could be larger , as far as electrical it has been known that the Denali will have some electrical problems concerning the windows ,Windshield wipers ,and stereo as they are connected together, the drivetrain is fantastic the first thing I did when I test drove the vehicle was taken out four wheeling it does come with two will hi for Wilhide four-wheel low and all-wheel-drive and is a fantastic four-wheel-drive system considering if you are in snow we're dealing with rain or icy roads four-wheel-drive my Dinali climbs incredibly, I love the interior the seats are fantastic considering I am on disability and do have chronic back pain the seats are very comfortable and make it possible for me to do long trips , the air-conditioning of the vehicle I have no complaints the controls for the back cool Authorware the vehicle break quickly and the Franckles off quickly as well considering I do live in southern Nevada in the desert and we do get 110 215° in the summer is still an all-around great vehicle , please you have to figure the 1999 Yukon Denali was painted black and had a Cadillac emblem placed on it and was called the Cadillac Escalade in 1999 , so if it's good enough to make a Cadillac out of its greatest far comfort as far as four-wheel-drive and you're climbing or harsh weather such as mud or snow or ice the four-wheel-drive system is better than that of the Tahoe like I said I'm going by my personal vehicle , and I never really liked GMC or big on Chevy except for the cars until I bought my Yukon Denali . But one should consider before you spend the tens of thousands or $100,000 on a Cadillac Escalade look at a Yukon Denali first, you get the comfort of Cadillac but you get the durability and the drivetrain of an awesome four-wheel-drive.
Bought this car with roughly 10k miles in 2013 since then I've had 1 recall for ignition and now needs sensors replaced, interior fabric looks cheap but the woodgrain dash is eye catching! Car has a bad blind spot that I had to get used to and to me it seems the car drinks a lot of gas! This is.my 4th Chevy and I think this has been the worst. I Dont foresee myself purchasing another one.
Looks like a cool car I would like to try out.
We actually just rented this thing for a family vacation. I had never been a fan of big vehicles till this one. it was so roomy, handled really well, pot holes and speed bumps did not faze this thing, its like they where not even there. Ran well fast response. I would recommend it.
I bought this when my Mustang gave out. bought it brand new. I always heard Hondas where good cars but I was pretty impressed with how well this car handles, its a V4, with econ button, so I get on average, 34-37 Miles to the gallon, (its my work commute car) its got a great dash board, mostly digital, sept for some reason the rpm gauge. It has a hidden usb connector in the center console, where I plug in my flash drive and have 20 Gigs of my own music that it handles just fine. (wish it would display the music art, as it displays when I plug in the Ipod..) but its a nice system. All in all I would buy another Honda.
We got this one brand new, for an economy car it has lasted us till now, I now finally had to do some big maintenance related things to it, the oil was starting to leak out and had to replace the water pump, radiator, and thermostat. ran with its original parts till now. 2015 great little economy car.
I had, a 1996 Ford Mustang, it was a great car, I had it for 13 years, it was dependable, it ran great, even though i did not do a lot of upkeep for it. No complaints about it, just the last years I had the car, it started finally falling apart. Had to day good bye to it. I would get another Mustang.
This car is an absolute nightmare of repairs. You constantly fear something is going to go wrong. Not worth the logo. Thousands of dollars in repairs from putting on under 15k.
I love this car and it's performance as it looks more like a star fighter space ship, nice lines, etc. and mine is all black, all black interior with the dark light covers on the rear lights. 6 speed 5.7, but with nitrous (NOS)is more than I need. Lot's of custom upgrades for performance before I got it. Now engine light is on with poor performance so looking for info like where is OBD hookup? Seems like a plug or distributor problem (rough idle/poor acceleration with backfire) but there is no true distributor. Helpful hints on web are gas cap (but that won't cause backfire/poor performance?) or the two air injection check valves (where are those?)or PVC valve, the simplest solut6ion to start with. Custom air filters seem OK, but another thing that should be eliminated.
Best van every made.