Ford Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from Ford owners like you.

Ford Ratings Overview
1392 car owners like you reviewed their Ford. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
Ford
Displaying 1 - 30 of 1392 reviewsFilter
By on 5/22/18 | Moncks Corner, SC | Car Owner
I have owned this car for 10 years and it has never left me stranded one time. I have had to replace the battery three times, and normal wear things like struts and brakes. However these things will need to be replaced on every car after a while. It is very comfortable to drive long distances and I should know, because I broke my back several years ago. The controls are laid out in a way that they are all easy to use. I had a class 2 hitch installed to pull my motorcycle and it pulls my trailer and bike nicely. It has a very strong v6 with a timing chain and not a belt, that would need to be replaced every 80,000 miles. The car has great visibility with minor blind spots. The stereo in it has very nice and full sound. There is lots of cup holders with two of them in an arm rest that comes down for the rear passengers. While doing highway speeds it is nice and quiet inside the car with minor road noise. Overall I love this car and will drive it as long as I am able to.
By on 5/19/18 | Chestertown, MD | Car Owner
Now at 72,000 miles with regular maintenance I have no complaints. Synthetic oil every 6 months or 3,000 miles.
By on 5/12/18 | Cleveland, OH | Car Owner
For a ford product I wasn’t happy with this truck. Cost me tons of money but the body looks great. I put my company logo all over it and now it’s a paper weight for our front lol. I have three ford tow trucks 7.3 diesel love them won’t buy nothing but a ford. But the Explorer was a bad bad design and many faulty parts
By on 4/23/18 | Gaithersburg, MD | Car Owner
I love ford explorer
By on 4/11/18 | Baltimore, MD | Car Owner
I love my windstar it’s 18 years old so I expect maintenance issues but I will say I see windstars every day riding strong I look for used parts at the junkyard plenty of Honda’s Toyota from that era but no windstars.There may be a few bad apples but K notice that this is usually when you don’t do scheduled maintenance.
By on 4/11/18 | Kirby, OH | Car Owner
$3 POS part cost $125 and caused $400 damage
to alternator and remove replace install cost
DONE WITH FORD ....TOYOTA USA FROM NOW ON
By on 4/8/18 | Clarkesville, GA | Car Owner
Owning this car has been a pleasure. Only wish the ride was smoother and more like my old caddy, LOL
By on 4/6/18 | Beebe, AR | Car Owner
Safer than most vehicles and saved our lives I would buy this truck again.we were in a head on collision this truck saved our lives
By on 3/31/18 | Langley, OK | Car Owner
I tried to find a problem and I couldn't... Love this ride except for the MPGs ... But I can fix that.
By on 3/28/18 | Marion, MI | Car Owner
Exelant car, though the transmission is a CVT and lends to hesitate. This is part of owning a CVT with such a heavy vehicle. This is the second Freestyle I have owned, my first was a 2005 AWD and ran for 325,000 with us and is still on the road. The 2006 is. FWD and I am not as happy with it, I purchased it with 169,000 and it has required more work than the 05 did at this stage.
Perfect for families as there is a full frame in it and speaking from experience will take a large impact and continue to drive. (05)
By on 12/23/17 | Granville, OH
Excellent
2013 Ford Edge AWD with 36k miles.
PTU failure and Ford would not honor powertrain warranty repair because expiration of 3 business days before they found a defective transmission unit (even though problem reported a month ago). Please google "Ford AWD PTU problems" to see the numerous Ford models with this issue. Ford doesn't even have a technical bulletin for dealers to check this common problem when they are serviced,

MySync does not work very well with iPhone6 and very glitchy with voice commands. Dealer will not address this problem and suggests that I fix this on my own.

No more Ford cars ever again !!!
By on 11/14/17 | Carlsbad, CA
i have had a lot of trucks iam an electrical contractor and when I bought this truck in 2001 my brother in law told me how powerful the diesels are. I have a 2001 f-350 7.3 with a full service box and rack on it. I put in a gale banks system that gave me 720 foot pounds of torque that use to be stock at 520. I live in Carlsbad Calif. and use to go to lake mead all the time with my family and just smoke cars trucks etc. up the steep hills with no problem even towing a 28 foot boat. My truck has gone through two transmissions and a few other things but all in all its been just awesome. .. I now have 384,000 miles on it and runs very very strong. I change my oil every 3,000 miles and also fuel filter every 10,000 or sooner. Iam ready for a new truck but cant leave this one it has been so good to me. Still have original starter in it. so have a lot of friends purchase the 6.0 and EVERY ONE HAS CRAPPED OUT THEY ARE JUST THE WORST ENGINE EVER BUILT, TERRIBLE ENGINE. RATHER HAVE A MAKITA MOTER IN IT?
By on 3/18/17 | Yonkers, NY
Reliability Rating: (4/5)
Above Average
This is one of the best vehicles I have owned. The ride is very comfortable and is easy to get in and out of. I have back problems and my wife has server dificulty walking and getting on and out of vehicles but not in our explorer We bought it as precertified from Scarsdale Ford just minor problems interior and licsenes plate lites WE WOULD RECOMMEND THIS VEHICLE AND DEALERSHIP to anyone there service department is suburb
By on 1/26/17 | Cornelia, GA
Reliability Rating: (4/5)
Above Average
My 2013 2.0 Taurus SEL is a piece of junk. I have had so many issues with it I could pull my hair out. The turbocharger went out 6 months ago and after replacing it, the gaskets for it, the vacuum pump, fixing the wastegate, and other hoses I now get to replace the turbocharger yet again. I have taken this car to Ford several times and called them at least twice a week to no avail. No-one can tell me what is wrong with this car. DO NOT BUY A FORD. YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!
By on 1/1/17 | San Diego, CA
I bought this truck from the original owner with 140 thousand miles on it. Now, has 240,000 miles on it. And just never let me down basic maintenance replace the battery and alternator brake pads normal stuff love
this truck woudnt trade it for anything.
By on 9/20/16 | Williamsburg, NM
I bought this truck almost 9 years ago. I don't abuse it but made it work hard. T-boned a GMC SUV with it (totaled it) I had to buy a new bumper $135. When they say Ford tough they are not kidding. I have the V6 and pulled a 30 ft RV across 2 mountain ranges and it still runs good. Had to replace an axle assembly at 220,000 miles. and the ABS pump is gone but I would and do trust it with my life all the time. The traction is good so I don't have any problems in bad road conditions. This is a simple 2wd, AT, 6Cyl basic XLT on paper but on the road this is a bad ass vehicle. If the wheels fell off of it tomorrow, I'd go get another one.
By on 9/11/16 | Leland, NC
I have a 1998 f150 Lariat 5.4 auto trans I was planing on buying a wrecked 2002-04 with a 5.4 and trade out the motor and trans would I have to change anything else like on board computer and so on. Thanks
By on 8/24/16 | Hamilton, OH
Excellent
I leased a 2015 Ford F150 in February 2016. At this moment, it has 6164 miles on it. Last week, I left my house to run errands and got about 5 minutes from home. I stopped at a stop light and when I accelerated to go, the truck started shimmying and I lost acceleration. Thankfully, I was at a place that I could pull over and get off the street. I turned off the truck, sat for about 5 minutes to see if the error would reset but it didn't. I tried to again put it into drive but still no acceleration frontward or backward. Called Ford roadside assistance and waited an hour and half to be towed. Called Northgate Ford, Cincinnati, OH to let them know my vehicle was on its way there to be looked at. I explained the problem and the service writer stopped me in my description and told me to call roadside assistance and have it towed. REALLY? I told him it should be pulling into his lot any minute. I asked for a rental or a loaner but was told they didn't supply them. This was in a Fri afternoon and I had a ton of things to do over the weekend. I had to argue with the service attendance, the service manager and went all the way up to the GM of the dealership. Reluctantly, he approved a rental for the weekend.....I am a single woman and being told that I was going to be without transportation being that my 6 month old truck was in the shop for repairs did NOT set well. All three men that I spoke with were rude and very disrespectful. Today is Wednesday and they called this a.m. to tell me my truck was ready. I drove to the dealership to get it and asked what the final diagnosis was. The attendant handed me the paperwork and told me to read it for myself. The paperwork said it was the throttle body and motor assembly. I wanted and needed an explanation about what this was but he called to have my truck brought to me and I left. I made it home in the 45 minute drive but I am scared to death to drive it very far from home. The sad thing is I have another two and half years on the lease and I can just about predict that this won't be my last repair.....ugh!!!
By on 8/17/16 | Crimora, VA
I have had this car since 70,000 miles one other owner well taken care of brake booster went out around 90,000 at a 100,000 I have since replaced a melted coil on primary a all the spark plugs both catylitic converter replaced the car has cost me over $3000 already only to find out the the ecm or pcm is faulty which has no recall yet definitely not bad due to wear and tear the car has almost been in the shop ever since I got it and am currently still having it worked on I am very disappointed in this car falls short of being at American made vehicle standards it looks pretty but parts are cheaply made
By on 8/1/16 | Blaine, WA
Transmission leak seems to be common. 200,000 hits on YouTube
By on 7/12/16 | Vancouver, WA
I bought a 1993 Ford Explorer from my brother. He recycles vehicles. I drove this one, I thought it ran too good to just be cut in peices and recycled. Boy was I right!!!.. Don't even know how many miles this thing actually have. But I know it has lots more to go!!! Took it for a 3000 mile road trip!! Up the Rocky Mountains.. No problems!! Noticed it climed hills better with midgrade or premium gas.. I gotta fix the 4x4.. But I still take it camping in the mountains.. Hasn't got stuck yet!! Looking to replace the clutch and water pump pretty soon.. She is such a good car for so little money.. So capable of doing so much.. So roomy on the inside.. My 6'1 son rode in the back seat on the road trip.. He said it was very comfortable.. I've basically done routine maintenance.. Replaced tires.. And made it legal to drive again.. I use the Good stuff on an oil change, and some 50 weight.. She is such a good vehicle!!!
By on 6/21/16 | Windsor, VA
I have owned 2002 t bird since it was and have had problems with a/c three times, other than that it is a very good car
By on 6/21/16 | New Zion, SC
If my daughter ever buys another Ford car I will hurt her. This car was ok at first but now it's possessed. It does what it wants to. The transmission jerks, it idles on it a own and the lights are a nightmare. Can't drive at night because the lights goes on and off. I really want here to be included in a class action lawsuit against Ford. Ford is a joke but they really need to recall and fix this problem for all Ford 500 owners.
By on 4/30/16 | Memphis, TN
My car stop while sitting waiting for a train to pass i pushed in the lighter wated for it to pop out then the car made a thump and quit.Now the dash light up when you turn the ignition key on but it want do anything what should i do or check?
By on 4/27/16 | Sahuarita, AZ
I love my '09 GT. Of course, it has had a couple of issues, like a mysterous buzzing in the rear. I figured out that it was the trunk tension springs. I fixed the problem with felt spacers. I love the sound of this car. This is the fourth GT I've had and have loved them all. All had minor problems, but so has every car I have ever owned regardless of marque.
Unless I hit the lottery, I will likely always own a Mustang GT.
By on 4/20/16 | Tecumseh, MI

I have a 01 Ford Windstar with a 190,000 miles AC still blows ice cold and I live in Michigan where they use tons of salt don't know what else you could ask for from a van been great to me replaced in the last hundred thousand miles only the alternator brakes and front end suspension nothing out of the ordinary
By on 4/19/16 | Fredonia, AZ
Bought my truck from a family member who owned it for 15 years. As soon as I bought it, it had a few problems, but I put about $700 or so into it and it's been running great ever since. Love my truck and I'm super glad I bought it.
By on 3/22/16 | Bannock, OH
2005 Ford Escape.....Biggest P.O.S. vehicle I have ever owned. YOU SUCK FORD AS USUAL. Didn't want to purchase vehicle, but I was in a pinch and needed one asap. Having to put a couple courts of oil in it every week, with no leak found. And it being hard on gas. 4 months after purchasing, out of the blue, it starts running like it's running on 3 cylinders and then just stalls driving on the interstate. Took to a dealer and they run diagnostics on it and tell me the ignition coils, plugs, amd ecu (computer) need replaced. 2000$ JUST FOR PARTS at the dealer.
At auto parts store: Coils=430$ Plugs=32$ Computer=525$ Total=987$. I bought everything and installed myself which took maybe an hour. Computer I purchased is supposed to be ready to go. Already flashed, no key, no programming, no dealer needed. I install, and anti theft light is flashing on dash. Car won't start or even so much as crank over. Parts store gave me another replacement telling me it was wrong computer, and as of this very moment, same issue as first one. I HATE FORD AND I HOPE THEY GO UNDER!
By on 3/8/16 | Enterprise, AL
Excellent
DEBILITATING VEHICLE! This is a piece of junk! Driving this vehicle for a month is having me at the chiropractor now. My back hurts constantly now during the week when driving this garbage. This should have never been manufacturered. I was a Ford guy until I drove this long enough. I will never own another Ford because of this debilitating rolling turd!! Ford Transit Connect is F"Ed up! $hit!
Who puts leaf springs and a seat as comfortable as 2x4s on a vehicle... Oh! Ford does! That's how stupid they are! The AC works though when it's not smelling like dirty socks or burning anti-freeze! Piece of junk! You screwed up this time Ford! thos vehicle is so bad, that the torque kicks in going down a hill. It's stays confused kicking in and out several times going up a hill as well. Mechanics say"that's just their design" and "nothing wrong other than its a transit".
Well, great! Now my vehicle is the brunt of mechanic jokes as well! I hate this vehicle!
By on 3/5/16 | Charlottesville, VA
Hello i have a 2002 power stroke F 250 what a great truck 210 ,000 still looks great except a rust issue on rear wheel wells size of 4"x 8"
I have replaced a few things alternator power steering lines and few other things but i can say it a awesome riding and durable truck i love it and want to get the rust fixed $3,000 to take outer skin off and redo , Maybe finder flairs are a option ?