Mercedes-Benz Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from Mercedes-Benz owners like you.

Mercedes-Benz Ratings Overview
784 car owners like you reviewed their Mercedes-Benz. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
Mercedes-Benz
Displaying 1 - 30 of 784 reviewsFilter
By on 7/7/18 | Belton, TX | Car Owner
Above Average
E350 Bluetec drives well, is comfortable and gets great mileage on the highway. I get between 34 to 38 mpg. However! You will eventually have to replace the Rear Main Seal, the Oil Cooler Seals, one if not all of the NOX Sensors, the EGR Valve (or constantly clean it), the EGR Pressure Sensor and (potentially) the EGR Cooler (or clean it... working out that piece now). Bottom line, this is a high maintenance car. The engine takes almost 9 quarts of oil for an oil change and because of the amount of soot that quickly builds up in the engine, you have to use a specific type of synthetic oil, which you will generally not find at any oil change station. The MB dealership will have it but they charge over $200 for an oil change. I do most of the servicing on the vehicle, provided it’s something I can do over a weekend so I same money on labor but parts are not cheap. Despite how well the car drives, I don’t recommend the diesel version of the E class... or any MB Bluetec.
No, I would not recommend this car.
By on 7/4/18 | Long Beach, CA | Car Owner
I have to say I got a real deal on Facebook for this gem of a car. 72,000 miles and nearly 20 years old, it has been sitting in a garage in Sherman Oaks, California in dry mild climate weather -- which means the seals are like new, the gaskets are fine, and the lady that owned it kept all the service records for all 20 years.

One of those real finds.

So I am reading some of the reviews on here, and I am seeing a few different camps and I think to some extent they reflect climate/environmental conditions and how heavily they were driven.

I looked at about 12 cars before selecting the one I bought and what influenced me the most was:

1 - Price
9 - always garaged in dry cool locations in Southern California
10 - owner willing to let me pull a Carfax on the car

I hope this helps you!
By on 2/28/18 | Ontario, OR | Car Owner
I love my car it is a champ. I feel like it will go forever as long a I do the routine matnenece
By on 2/21/18 | Montgomery, TX | Car Owner
Good car , cost more to buy and keep !!
By on 2/1/18 | Felton, DE | Car Owner
I purchased this car 2yrs ago with 69k it now has 89k and I love the feel of the safety being in it and the issue I've had was just normal wear and tear that's just regular repairs.This has been one of the best cars I've ever owned.
By on 1/9/18 | Huntington Beach, CA | Car Owner
First off the guy in these reviews who daily drives a Lexus .....or I should say a Toyota (because thats all a Lexus is - is a glamorized Toyota) is comparing apples to Oranges my Fiance Grant has a 98 SL600 that is so Awesome his car blows away Lexus and Infiniti and Acura cars all the time along with the Camaro's, Mustangs, Chargers, Porsche's, BMW's, Audi's, and every little Rice burner out there. If you have an SL600 you are in possession of something very special. His car gets people staring at the car all the time I think the R129 Mercedes are by far the best looking Roadsters Mercedes has ever made.
If you want a daily NO THRILLS BORING Car buy a Lexus, Honda, Kia or any American car. But if you want a really HOT SEXY FUN as HELL CLASSY and FAST car then buy a Mercedes SL600 or even an SL500 that I drive
Christy Lattanzi (or at least soon will be : )
By on 1/9/18 | Costa Mesa, CA | Car Owner
First off people who are considering buying this car need to understand this car is an Exotic - How many cars out there on the road do you see have 12 Cylinder engines? - Just so you know 12 Cylinder engines are Exotics because of the rarity of the engine. Cars that do have 12 Cylinders are Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Vector, and BMW (750 I & 850 I) now often do you see these cars on the road? even the BMW's I listed you rarely see. This should tell you if you have an SL600 you have a very special car. The car gets looks wherever I go, and always gets a lot of questions about it. Of all the cars listed Mercedes has managed to create an Exotic with Honda reliability, its incredible how little maintenance my car needs. The car is so Fast !! I beat Mustangs, Camaro's, Chargers, Porsche's, Audi's, BMW's on a regular basis - The car has so much Torque and what makes this car special is the torque is across the board no matter what gear your in. this car was engineered to perform !!
By on 12/30/17 | West Palm Beach, FL
Hi every one i have had 2 years with a 2008 Mercedes-Benz CLS550 and i would like to say the first year with the car was good we brought the car July 2015 the car did have an issues with it we brought it with 65,000 miles the car was a immaculate that year we only had one issue and that was the battery but that was in winter. In 2016 we had a belt beak which made the car come to halt almost in the middle of an intersection but we found a parking lot all was well but the issue was the bearing witch had a imperfection in it witch cause the belt to beak (this happened on two occasions). In the first Qu of 2017 is when the car really when down hill the car started to show suspension air bag leakage on the right back side but every time you would start the car up it would pump and be fine then the belt broke again witch in tune we replaced for the second time know i want to say about the 2nd week in august the right back side suspension air stop pumping all others would but not that air bag the interior was fulling apart and if your asking yourself did we take good care of the car we did if you thinking about purchasing a w219 CLS i would recommend a late 2008 to 2011 not even a 2007.
By on 4/19/17 | Jupiter, FL
Above Average
At or about 15000 miles the accelerator stopped responding. The car could only accelerate by using the cruse control lever. Took the car to West Palm Beach Mercedes. Ten days later It was ready for pick up. The car drove normally with proper acceleration for one day when on I-95 I was passing a car and moved in front of it at Donald Ross exit when it failed to keep the speed and the accelerator stopped responding. Fortunately an accident was averted. I took the car back to service. This time they kept it for over two weeks. The accelerator works now but when the car is in traffic in slow speed it moves forward with ever so small but perceivable jerks. I did not take the car back to service. The initial enthusiasm and fun to drive a diesel Mercedes is over. It takes me to work and brings me home.
By on 1/15/17 | Bronx, NY
1991 300 SE 4 door

The car rides like a tank...unstoppable great car... a/C PROBLEMS AND SUNROOF off track...
6 cylinder great engine M103-- my only complaint is right rear floor has water getting there somehow...
195,000 miles.. was $55,000 in 1991 when new.
Mercedessource.com has most of any help you might need.These guys are experts far away from NY..but they sell parts..
Where on long island can someone fix this car is beyond me besides the dealers (crooks)
By on 11/23/16 | New York, NY
Hi I own a 2008 CLK350clk Avantgarde. First registered Dec 2009. Bought second hand in 2013 with 58,000km, now (Nov16) done 78,000km. I love the car. However it has had more than its fair share of issues for such a fancy car!
1 Oil cooler replaced 2013 58,000km
2 Front discs brakes and pads all round replaced (warped?) 2013 @ 65,000km
3 Self adjusting headlight's sensor rod on stabiliser trapped making lights shine down 213 60,000km. Freed and Okay.
4 Air cooler compressor failed and replaced @ 70,000km 2015
5 Sunroof plastic catches and breaks, replaced at 70,000km 2015. Have to hold close button until fully closed or else it reopens partially.
6 Intermittent droopy RHS front self levelling headlight sometimes does not come up when engine has started. Repair offered is to buy a new headlight ($3,000!) I live with multiple engine restarts which fixes it - mostly!
By on 11/6/16 | Bremerton, WA
I bought my 1992 300SL 5 months ago,May of 2016.and from the start while driving the car from CA to WA it had rough start problems.The brakes were spongy and even after having the master cylinder replaced and the entire brake system checked twice the brakes are still spongy.The factory radio failed long ago and I replaced it with an aftermarket unit.But the most chronic problem of all is high speed stalling.On the freeway,uphill,downhill,all of a sudden the motor stalls and is not easy to restart.It happened again just today,Nov 06-2016,in a most dangerous situation.We were driving down a steep grade and suddenly the car stalled when I let up on the gas pedal.The car would not start and we were now going down a very steep grade without power brakes or power at all.We were lucky I found a turn-out to stop and even then it was very nearly impossible because the brakes are very difficult to use without the motor on.This condition is now scaring me and my lady friend now refuses to ride in the car.Can anybody help me with this serious problem?The car has 174K miles and is still a very clean car.Could this be an ignition problem?Thank you for reading my review.
By on 10/22/16 | New Castle, DE
Reliability Rating: (3.5/5)
Above Average
I bought a 2012 ML350 bluetec in 2015 with 38,000 miles. The driver's side seat belt does not always work and the cigarette lighter does not work at all. The rear brakes had to be replaced at 52,000 miles at a cost of $800. Now, at 68,000 miles, the oil cooler is leaking and will cost over $5,000 to repair. The vehicle is out of warranty and the extended warranty I purchased will not cover the oil cooler repair. If anyone else has had to repair their oil cooler, please share what it cost to repair. Otherwise, this vehicle drives like a dream and gets good mpg which is the reason I purchased the vehicle in the first place. My second reason for buying this vehicle is my mistaken impression of Mercedes Benz quality, durability, and reputation. I am disappointed.
By on 10/4/16 | Juncos, PR
I buy these car in 2007 with 10,000 mi and I think this is reliable. I change oil and filter every 6000 miles and now is 160000 and is running like new the engine. I never change transmission oil and run every time in sport mode with no problems. I will change next week!! One time have a problem with the intake manifold a plastic piece that controls vacuum. I remplace myself with a metal one that sells in ebay that's about 100000miles.
Remplace alternator because I dropped oil when change the motor oil that's my fault!. Remplace front disk and brake pads 2 times. Air conditioning need some gas but the guy dont bill me because was few. Car paint is original red and is glossy but all plastics part start scratching few month ago, car never sleeps on carport. I put 2 batteries including the oem. The two oxygen sensor at 140000. Front suspension change about one year ago buy $349 kit on ebay and $150 for alignment and labor and the car run like new again. Interior are black and the seats are like new steering wheel and plastic part have some scratch part have cheap construction.
By on 10/2/16 | Ogden, UT
I have only owned my 2003 SL55 AMG
for about a week and these reviews scare me. I hope only those who have problems write these reviews and that many of these SL55s are very reliable and don't have many problems. If any of you reading this have had good luck and not many problems, please comment before I decide to sell mine, I love it so far but these comments scare me, I'm not rich. Drives and handles beautifully and I hate to park it and get out of it.
By on 9/22/16 | Brooklyn, NY
Above Average
bought a 2011 C300. When it came to extended warranty, I was told that it was a 2010 late model and therefore warranty expires in 2015.
Needs new ABS/ Traction control module. It has a total of 25,007 miles. I was told not covered under warranty. Service managers response: Mercedes is not responsible for quality of parts. Had to pay over $2000 to fix this.
Never heard of such module going bad. Mercedes should stand behind their product and fix it even outside of warranty..
By on 9/5/16 | Beverly Hills, CA
AVOID! Mercedes vehicles are nice when they work, but they spend most of their time getting piggie-back rides from tow-trucks. Just under 120K miles and total engine failure. Advised to replace cam magnets, replaced plugs also, codes went away - then suddenly blown engine! Balance shaft jumped timing, total engine loss. Before this, converted troublesome air suspension to conventional springs. Problems with climate control panel. Panoramic work stopped working, big $$$ to fix. Intake manifold arm broke on the outside, no replacement parts - $1000 just for the intake manifold, let alone labor to replace. Cost of repairs at dealership more than value of vehicle. If you aren't a DIY avoid, avoid, avoid! Even if you are, it is not worth the trouble. Mercedes has clearly made it a priority to keep non-dealer mechanics away. More that 50% of the average Mercedes dealerships income is in service! Took in my rock solid BMW X5 for this junk R350 because the middle row was roomy for baby seats and toddle seats - huge mistake! Want to be stuck on the side of the road with young children? Then buy a Mercedes. What you can get from an OBD II scanner and what the dealer Star tool provides is different. OBD II under reports. Star tool is thousands and thousands to buy and not for sale to private perople so a handy person can't properly diagnose. They go to the trouble of making the intake manifold out of magnesium, but fill it with cheap plastic! PCV valve dumps huge amounts of oil into the intake. All the flaps internally broke off in the intake! Bushings fell out so massive vacuum leak. Electrical system is total junk! Average vehicle these days had 4-5 CPUs - Mercedes has over 40 modules. You disconnect the battery wrong and one of the "smart" modules fries. Even the fuse box is a "smart" fuse box, which actually means it's idiotic. Embarrassing how so many solid-state components fail in these cars. Then there's the transmission - 6 speed "7g tronic" - just look it up - early failures, requires thin fluid and was proclaimed as "sealed for life" by Mercedes. They quickly backed out of that one a couple years in due to failures. But you can't just drain and fill like other cars - there is no ATF dipstick! You have to drop the pan, replace the filter, and pump fluid in. Then with the car running, you have to watch the fluid coming out change from gushing to more of a drip. Is this what German engineering means these days? Oh and the transmissions shift module fails. Look at how many Mercedes with awd have to be dragged onto a flat bed. The shifter is a servo, so if the module goes bad, your battery dies etc, you are totally SOL - you can't shift into neutral!!! Power steering leaked because the hose clamps were cheap crimp, not screw clamp, coil packs fail. It's hard to recall what doesn't break honestly. I've owned and worked on Audi, BMW and Japanese cars and Mercedes is now the worst in my opinion. I will not buy another Mercedes again!!!!!
By on 6/24/16 | East Rockaway, NY
I brought this car with 100.000 miles for $18.000 the car was in unbelievable condition fast comfortable perfect ,if experienced a couple of minor problems but I have a very good mechanic , I'm very happy with this car
By on 4/27/16 | Des Plaines, IL
I have owned my 06' C230 Sport V6 model for over 8 years(10yrs old now) it only has 63,000 miles April 2016. I love this car, I picked it up used for 19,700 with 21k miles in 2008, bought an extended warranty 75k/5yrs for 1800.00 total. Great deal, this car is amazing!!
It has lots of pep! for a little 2.5 liter V6@201hp@6200rpm(the pistons must be tiny)! Has the 7 speed automatic transmission with Sport or Custom shift options, every available option including: 12 speaker Harmon Kardon speakers/stereo with 6 Disc changer in glove box, moon-roof, rear window roll up tint, heated and electric seats!
I've had only a few problems with it requiring maintenance, replaced the alternator/generator, master cylinder went bad at 42k, these were covered in my extended warranty 100%.
Recently, I had some front suspension work done, ball joints, lower control arm links, new tower struts, etc. I've done couple B maintenance's, trasnmission fluid service and 2x A maintenance's, front/rear brakes once. I always had the dealer do all the service. Great car, very reliable! I'm a Lyft driver and having a great handling car is a must. I hate to trade it in with such low miles but the 2015 C250 is calling my name!
By on 3/11/16 | Peoria, IL
I love my 2008 Mercedes CLS. It does everything I need it to do and serves as a great daily driver. I bought it used in 2011 and have had great luck with it on repairs to date.
By on 1/29/16 | Taylor, MI
Great vehicle. I have a 2002 ML320 with 440,000km. Use it cross country few times even drove it through Mexico. Currently, we just drove it to New Orlanes from Windsor Ontario Canada in Jan. 2016. I have done yearly maintenance at dealer since 2002 without any big problem. All parts are original. There are some repairs but they were minor. Love the car 100%. My next car will be Benz - M class. Took vehicle for bi-yearly Emission Test (oil was year old) and passed no problem.
By < of on 1/27/16 | Beaver Falls, PA
Above Average
The C-class is a great introduction into the Mercedes brand. I think you get plenty of car for the price. It's safe, reliable and a little classy. It's no AMG or SL but it's a great start.
By on 1/14/16 | South Bend, IN
Reliability Rating: (3.5/5)
Above Average
Hands down the worst car buying experience in my life. This was my 16th new car purchase, and needless to say I am living a nightmare. The car leaked oil since it had 600 miles on it. I had it to the dealership I purchased it from locally numerous times, still without a resolution. Performed routine maintenance. Without warning with slightly under 26,000 miles the engine seized. Full of sludge, not reparable. I have $18,000 in repairs in it so far. It was a lease so MB took it back. I know receive an invoice for an additional $11,000.00. I have found one other couple here locally with same year/model with the EXACT same issue. Looking for anyone with similar issues. Thank you.
By on 10/3/15 | Cape Coral, FL
I bought this car used 3 months ago with 70k original miles. It is beautiful, and rides and drives like a dream. It averages about 26mpg. I am very happy with it so far.
By on 10/1/15 | Chevy Chase, MD
Purchased as Starmark vehicle in low 20k mileage range. Repaired a number of issues the first year under warranty. Over the next six years I spent at least $7,000 fixing broken parts, components, leaks etc of all types and flavors.

Loved the driving experience, smooth and quiet, but hated the poor quality of the car itself. I maintained the car religously and spared no expense when it came to maintenance, but its the component quality that sucks. Leave the Mercedes for people who need to prove they have the discretionary income to keep making car repairs. Buy a Honda, Toyota or Nissan for quality and reliability.
By on 8/1/15 | Los Angeles, CA
Above Average
I purchase the GLK350-W2 car last week from Keys European and I fell in love with the performance. The ease of getting in and out of the car. sit up higher than my previous E350-C super super smooth ride and luxury is its statement. comfort seating so much space and very satisfied. keeping in mind the Benz dealer always take care of their costumers no matter what.
By on 7/26/15 | Morrow, GA
Traded my 01,Lexus Is300 for the 240 6-speed... Car had 77,000 miles on it I've put brakes n rotors on it and a Ac compressor the first year I had it. So far it's been 4 months since n No problems car now has 89,000 on it. No lights on but I Tried to trade it in and was Low balled at 1800 by 3dealers. Guess it's resale value is garbage I thought I would at least be off 4k..
By on 7/16/15 | Tampa, FL
2006 c-230 74,356 miles. These are all common complaints on this year and model. They have happened to me.

Interior driver side door handle breaks off (Mercedes Benz quality) Class action law suit on the balance shaft inside the V6 engine. Mine went bad at 73,xxx miles, Transmission on the seven speed automatic, may shift, may not, may just stay in one gear. Very dangerous when making a left turn with oncoming traffic. Could be the only way I can get rid of this piece of junk is to have it hit and totaled.
By on 7/10/15 | South Lebanon, OH
Paid 2500 for it. I've had it almost three years all I've had down is replacement of lower front control arm and bought a battery. Love it rides great. Air condition didn't work when I got it but the heat is a beast and the ride is so smooth even at 120 mph
By on 6/30/15 | Seattle, WA
This car has been nothing but trouble and a money pit. I have spent over $5000 in repairs in the last 2 years. Would not recommend this make and model to anyone. Had issues with crankshaft and alternator-replaced twice. In the shop now becuase check enging light came on again..waiting to see what is wrong and how much it's going to cost.