Chevrolet Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from Chevrolet owners like you.

Chevrolet Ratings Overview
1351 car owners like you reviewed their Chevrolet. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
Chevrolet
Displaying 1 - 30 of 1351 reviewsFilter
By on 9/21/18 | Ewing, NJ | Car Owner
In 2013 after selling my cavalier (bad investment do not buy one) my mom got a new car and she passed down her Malibu to me. She had the car for 9 years and it was still going strong at 163,000 miles. The car ran like brand new. Never had issues despite the high mileage. The only reason I don't have the Malibu now is because I stupidly lent it to my brother who totaled the car two weeks after I lent it to him. I was devastated. however after the accident we found that the airbag on the drivers side was faulty which is why it didn't work when the accident occurred. besides that it was a good car
By on 9/21/18 | Ewing, NJ | Car Owner
This car is a money pit. I had the unfortunate experience of owning one. it was a 2002 and I bought it in 2006, 52,000 miles for $5,500. Within a year it was in the shop at least 2-3 times every year. constant issues. I put 10,000 dollars worth of repairs just to keep it running for 7 years. complete money pit. after the 7th year of owning it I got fed up with the car being such a money pit that I got rid of it. best decision I ever made.
No, I would not recommend this car.
By on 8/4/18 | Phoenix, AZ | Car Owner
I have been driving a 2017 Camaro for almost 6 months and its an upgrade from my last car, a 2015 Chevy Camaro that i drove for about 2 years. I have no complaints about either. They are solid cars and everything thar i expected.
By on 7/13/18 | Eads, CO | Car Owner
Reliability Rating: (4.5/5)
Excellent
at this time my aveo has very little power, it surges, it goes about 10 mph, the fue lpump shows 61lbs pressure , no vacuum leaks, shows good ignition, replaced the map, it shows a 172 code, po 102, po113 ,po597, po420, this car a 2010 lxv I guess I will replaced the fuel pump. I think Chevrolet should recall all aveo. they are a piece of junk why hasn't the gov. made GM recall these cars the are un safe.
No, I would not recommend this car.
By on 5/13/18 | DeMotte, IN | Car Owner
I got my 2006 Cobalt at 165,000 miles and I have made it to 195,000 miles with simple maintenance and fixing normal wear and tear. This ecotec will last me until my grandchildren have grandchildren I swear. I drive very conservatively to stay away from serious mechanical issues. The car has only had issues recently and all have been resolved with some TLC and elbow grease. Here is all I have done since owning the car:
180,000mi- the car's tranny started acting up. I replaced the filter and fluid and no issues since.
190-192,000mi- car went through complete power failure. It happened to be a combo of cat clogged, ignition ECM and coil unit failure, and throttle body being dirty.
I also replaced the wheel bearings for cabin noise dampening and replaced the serpentine belt because it was getting dry-rotted.
This car is a 10/10 I tell you. Simple to work on, gets 35mpg, starts every time, will probably last forever and looks decent. Worth every penny.
By on 5/6/18 | Shelbyville, KY | Car Owner
With our kids mostly grown now, our latest spring break trip to Myrtle Beach with all five "kids" will probably be our last. We reminisced on the many vacations and road trips we've taken with our van. Although the mpg have been pretty low at 14 city and 17 highway, it's been well worth it. We have been spoiled by our 12 passenger Chevy Express because of the sprawling-out room for everyone including all their sleeping bags/luggage, and also the way we just hit the road and never even worry about a breakdown. Regular maintenance has been done religiously, but this vehicle has given back more than we deserve.
By on 4/20/18 | Beech Grove, IN | Car Owner
This has been a good vehicle it's done me well I would buy another one if I could get one like it not too many problems all vehicles breakdown eventually but I have been very satisfied with this vehicle 100000 MI
By on 3/30/18 | Grand Island, NY | Car Owner
First 120,000 were mainly trouble free.
By on 12/31/17 | Sandstone, MN
Bought my 07 Silverado with 45,000 miles on it in 2015.
It has been a good truck. The following complaints are my observation after driving 45000 miles.
Love the lower rear end power. Compared to my 2005 Silverado, the traction is incredibly greater. However, this luxury is paid for with horrible higher RPM at 70 mph. 17 mpg at best.
The interior has plastic covers on a hinge that cover the interior power outlets. They broke within a year. The interior is somewhat cheap, but okay.
The ride is very good. I Keep the recommended Bridgestone tires on it.
Plenty of traction, and low road noise.
I am happy with the truck.
By on 12/11/17 | Roy, WA
The reason the check the gas cap light keeps coming on or why the car smells like gas is because the fuel pressure line is probably leaking gas but only when the key is on n when u fix that issue then the smaller return hose will start to leak gas next. It's on the fuel pump assembly
By on 11/12/17 | Springfield, LA
What is the problem my cavalier 1998 will not go in gear first it was sitting right and then it stop completely what is the the problem
By on 11/6/15 | Charlotte, NC
Update 11/7/2017. Vehicle now has 150,000 miles on it. I am done spending money on this vehicle. It is one thing after another. I fix something a month later something else breaks. I have evap codes, thermostat code (had this replaced less than a year ago), transmission code, brake code, code code code......
Trailblazers are JUNK PERIOD!

Bought my 2006 Trailblazer in 2010/2011 with 68k miles on it and initially liked it (first two years), but four years later (127k miles) nothing but trouble. This Chevy is a piece of JUNK IMO. Terrible design, cheaply built, junk parts, etc. I get it the vehicle is almost 10 years old, but come on. Does every part HAVE to be designed to fail after 100K when you pay 30+ thousand dollars brand new? ridiculous!

I am going to think long and hard before buying another GM product when the time comes and warranty will be EVERYTHING important as the brand. This is the second GM vehicle I've owned (I'm 35) and as soon as they hit 100k it seems like you might as well buy a second one and rotate them back and forth to the shop. TONS of costly repairs in my experience. Let me list a few for perspective buyers who are thinking about buying this vehicle used (they stopped making TBlazers back in 2009).

Remember these are issues and parts I've had to replace in just the past two years. Replaced: 2 Water pumps (AC delco thing probably a lemon), fuel pump, 2 hub bearings, ac condenser unit & compressor, 2 ignition coils, windshield wiper pump and failed door locks).

Issues I'm currently having: malfunctioning interior lighting, rear stereo speakers malfunctioning & shorting out, rear defrost totally failed, leaky intake manifold, leaky radiator and malfunctioning alternator. There are a few other items I can't think of at the moment, but you get the picture. This vehicle has cost me THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of dollars the past two years and it has been on thing after another. OEM parts suppliers and dealerships are making a fortune off people who keep these beastly vehicles outside of the warranty period.

Performance wise it gets terrible fuel economy (even for an SUV/truck at barely 14 mpg with a 6 cylinder engine), features a clunky prehistoric era transmission, terrible uncomfortable seats typical of GM vehicles (not sure how they can't figure this out) and the list goes on. I'm disappointed and not happy. This might be my last GM product.
By on 10/28/17 | Virginia Beach, VA
I bought my 06 colorado from rick hendricks in va, it was a 06 with 9,800 miles in 2014 great deal, one month later truck wont start, took it in after three days there mechanics could not find nothing, the same event happend over and over called the dealership they wanted over a hundered to look at it , finally look in book my security light was coming on it was anti theft protection, i called and they could not help me without paying within a year, and now fan motor works on number 4 speed, number 1, 2, and 3 don't work unless you wiggle the wiring harness behind glove box, hit a bump and it stops working I grew up with chevy with the experience I received with this one and the service from chevy and rick hendricks I probably will look at toyota they take care of there customers I am 52 years old bought my first chevy when i was 15 had 10 more later and now probably pass on from buying another
By on 10/11/17 | Roanoke, AL
2004-1/2 chevy 2500 hd Duramax LLY
I love my truck it had 8 miles on it when i went and picked her up she has 406501 miles , ii i
i installed Banks 6 gun the first year . i don't think a man could ask for a better truck, only problems i have had replaced front wheel hubs 3 times about every 100000 miles and replaced the fuel regulator, had to replace the batteries a few times changed oil every 7000 miles , transmission fluid 100000 miles , transfer case fluid at 200000 and front & rear differential lube the seats are torn up the body is beat to hell ,but she keeps on going never has let me down, starts up every time . i have pulled race car trailers up and down the east coast never got stuck in the mud, pulled a lot of fords out of the infield . The only thing i can say about this truck is i want another one just like it only 2018 model but i don't think GM can do it again. (will see)
By on 10/7/17 | Haslet, TX
Above Average
Don’t buy an equinox. Our problems started 1 year after we bought it. In and out of the shop constantly for engine problems after 10,000 miles...had to have the engine replaced at 50,000. Also had to have 2 transmissions totally replaced. Had to replace the exhaust manifold...broke in 2... and replace the air conditioning condenser. Like the body and interior, but if you are looking for a reliable car, this is not it... I will never buy GM again...
By on 9/28/17 | Littleton, CO
I have owned my blazer for 13 years. It had 77k when I got it and it now has almost 230k. Repairs in that time have been ball joints, idler and pitman arms, front wheel hub/bearing assemblies (4 times each side), oil cooler lines, 4WD computer, 4WD encoder/motor, 2 sets of shocks, intake manifold, water pump, radiator, fuel pump (twice) and I recently had to disassemble my wiper motor to repair it because my wipers wouldn't shut off if I turned them on. The front suspension has been slightly problematic but that is a known problem area for blazers.

The powertrain itself is all original. My rear end is beginning to whine and my tensioner pulley is whining as well so I'm sure its going to fail in the near future. Fuel economy sucks at an average of about 14 -16 mpg but the 4.3L vortec v6 is a definate workhorse. I have towed with it numerous times and have been near its rated towing limit many of those times and have exceeded its tow limit once or twice. The V6 handles these occasional heavy loads with ease and the transmission does as well (I do have an aftermarket transmission cooler though). I have used it to pull numerous cars out of the ditch and the 4wd does great in the snowy months.

All in all, I am not looking forward to the day when it comes time to retire my blazer. It has been a very good and reliable vehicle and I'm confident shes got a few years left in her still. 300k... here I come!
By on 3/30/17 | Westlake, OH
Above Average
2012 Equinox LTZ--Had to replace the timing chain and water pump at about 80,000. A couple of weeks later, a cam sensor. All Warranty....but would have been $2700 otherwise. Burned a lot of oil...was told to bring it in prior to 120,000 and they would replace the pistons under extended warranty to solve the oil burn. When I got there they said it wasn't covered and they wouldn't/didn't do it. I have 3 payments to go, and the car will be 5 years old in May. March of 2017 the engine had a catastrophic failure (136,000). Over the last 35 years, neither my wife nor I have ever had a car with a catastrophic engine failure. I was forced to put a new engine in and opted for a new one with a 100,000 mile warranty. $5000.
By on 3/21/17 | Maplewood, NJ
while driving temp gauge stops working when i turn off engine
cooling fans stay running 2 minutes start car in morning fan motor
makes noise 1 minute disconnect battery at night when i get home in morning reconnect
problem gone for a day or two problem then returns
By on 3/16/17 | Naples, ME
Reliability Rating: (4.5/5)
Excellent
2011 chevy Malibu great car except for ESC & traction control light keeps coming on and car jerks , bought at 30,000 after it was hit ...GREAT CAR until recent issues....but it seems faulty wiring may be an easy fix just frustrating
By on 3/4/17 | Medford, NY
Bought 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500HD with 8.1 496 CI and Allison Transmission with 179,00 Miles from Texas. The Body and chasis is 100% Rust Free (Why I went for it besides having the 8.1 and Allison Tranny) Upon getting it - there was a hole in the Radiator. Starter went within 1 week. A week later the water pump started leaking. Okay it's not that bad. I love this truck. Put in Billstien Shocks, Came with new GT Dextera DH2 Tires from Walmart Excellent Highway Tires. (Going to Ad Nokian Rotiva All Terrains eventually) Had new wires and spark plugs. I changed out front and rear Differential Fluid "Amsoil" put in Wagner Severe Duty Break Pads and rear Rotors.
Changed out front Bumper, Valants, Grille and lights as well as rear lights. The truck looks amazing aside from a small dent in rear and could use a new paint job in time. This truck is a BEAST - it's fast and has a ton of torque I think over 440 ft of Torque. It will tow a 32' RV Trailer easy. Gas mileage is about 9ish but it's gone up to 12.5 MPG I used Redline Fuel System Cleaner full bottle for the first 2 fill ups and now adding 4 oz of Lucas Cleaner/Conditioner every fill up. Truck runs MINT! Whoever sold it did take care of it but I'm certain what I replaced were all original parts that were 15 years in the making and just had done their time. No more Tundra's or Fords - The 8.1 with Allison is going to be a very sought after Classic. Just wish the seat went up higher - I set the steering wheel a bit lower but just wish I could raise seat a bit. Plenty of head room in this Pickup. Drives Nicely. Defroster could be stronger. Best Truck I've owned.
By on 1/28/17 | Lehigh Acres, FL
I bought my 2007 chevy 2500 hd 4x4 used from a toyota dealership in ft myers florida. i spent a whopping 32,000 for the truck when it had 60,000 miles on it . i have had it a year now it has 106,000 miles on it and its a paper weight i owe 20,000 dollars left remaining on it. i was driving like any other day ythe oil light came on oil pressure dropped to zero i had it towed to a shop and they were baffled only 106,000 and engine shot tapping in bottom end. im not a happy customer.
By on 12/21/16 | Fort Defiance, AZ
I bought my 2002 ls 4x4 suburban 5.3l flex brand new i had to replace the knock sensors and intake manifold at 100000 miles the fuel pump and all bwheel bearings and rearend at 185000 i also just replaced the catalytic converters with flow master cats and dual exhaust a k&n cold air intake and polished the throttlebody. the abs started grabbing at random at about 100000 i see the recall i called the local dealership in moses lake wa they refused to do anything so i had to pull the abs fuse so now im driving without abs also paint on dash peeled offin sheets transmission was replaced at 220000 i love this rig it has been through alot and i dont baby it it gets rodded i still am driving it now with 317000 miles on the original engine dosent burn oil has tons of power unbelievable great rig
By on 12/3/16 | San Bernardino, CA
2004 Chevy Venture that has over 370,000 miles put in it. I was given last year as a gift. It is my first vehicle ever driven I now had driven it for one whole year. It does have lots have miles on it, so I don't expect it to have the best performance, but it's my first vehicle and gifted. So I am really trying to stay up with the vehicle, so it has life for more years to come.
By on 10/8/16 | North Hollywood, CA
Above Average
I purchased (rescued) my roughly mistreated baby from a shady dealership in South Gate, CA after being recently T-boned in my 2011 Crowned Jewel of a Camaro, Veronica. She was pronounced dead the following week, but she had been THE MOST RELIABLE car that I have ever owned, never needing even the slightest repair in the nearly 3 years that she was with me.

I knew that if I got ANYTHING other than a Veronica 2.0 I would absolutely loathe it. Unfortunately, my current credit situation has been in a state of flux lately, and although I certainly wasn't planning on needing to buy another car now, or EVER for that matter, my hand was being forced. After being taken for a ride and playing the "it's at one of our OTHER lots" followed by the "it's just been sold, but how about this one?" game, I met The Parabola and found a surprisingly clean CarFax report for her. I could tell that she had been abused by her former driver, and I wasn't able to get up to a fast enough speed during the test drive to find the wobble in the front end, but I could tell that the engine was solid and that she needed a good home. Plus, she was going to be my only real option of getting back into a Camaro as there just WEREN'T any other Black Automatic LS Gen5 Camaros available that I had any hope of being approved for. You don't go from 2.99% to 19.95% unless you are in a bad position, and these guys advertised that they would finance practically ANYBODY. So, it was her or nothing.

More ACTUAL review to come after I've spent more time with her:

She's spent these first couple weeks getting some minor work done, and an alignment resolved the wobble! She now has all new tires and is about to get new brakes. The engine is STILL purring like a kitten when she's relaxed and roaring like an angry lion when she's on a mission, and I can already tell that once the small issues are finally handled that she's going to be just as content and low-maintenance as her predecessor. After all, I may not have been the first to own her, but I AM the first to love her. Cars can tell whether or not you care for them, and they're prone to acting up much more often for drivers who tend to disparage or mistreat them. Just watch Poltergeist 2!
By on 8/5/16 | Oakdale, CT
Purchased this 2004 Chevy trailblazer used with 108300 miles on it biggest piece of junk I have ever owned I regret purchasing with in 3500 miles replaced All brakes rear rotors, front Hub assemblies,ac compressor,ac cutoff switch,clutch fan ,tstat and gasket, the steering rack started leaking. today the blower fan stopped working . having owned over 70 vechicles in my lifetime to date don't waste your time or money and buy 1 of these pieces of garbage.honestly folks what a pos
By on 8/5/16 | Wantagh, NY
I bought a 2001 5.3 4x4 tahoe 2 years ago with 92k. Have 111k on it now. Bought from original owner with extensive maintenence records. Northeast truck so it has some rust underneath but nothing crazy. Paint shines like new and the interior held up and looks new also. Has no oil leaks anywhere....knock on wood. Shifts perfectly. Has a little clunking noise when shifting into reverse but it is normal for these trucks. Although mine is fine the transmissions are a weak spot on these trucks but if you don't abuse it, keep up with transmission fluid changes and tow with the tow/haul option you will probably have little to no problems. A few hundred dollars a year in maintenence is better than several hundred a month on car payment for a new one. It is also the most comfortable driving car I have owned. Relatives borrow it to move things around and pull a trailer or boat now and then. Moves the kids back and forth to college no problem and eats up the snow during the norteast winters. Feel like I'm driving in the living room sofa. If the truck has solid maintence records and the price is good you can't go wrong.
By on 7/9/16 | Nash, OK
Purchased my 2005 Chevrolet Colorado new and have had very few problems with the overall vehicle. Had any items corrected that had a recall on it and I am still using it as a daily driver today with roughly 241,000 miles on it. One of the best vehicles I have owned and will continue to drive it until its ready to retire. Only issue I have dealt with on a routine basis is the higher than normal engine temperature but it has never gone pass the 3/4 mark on the temperature gauge. They definitely don't make radiators like they use too. These have a 1 row radiator with plastic tanks which I am not a big fan of but hopefully by adding a secondary electric cooling fan I can get the cooling system to work alot better than it has been. Overall a very good vehicle and love the gas mileage!
By on 7/7/16 | Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reliability Rating: (3.5/5)
Above Average
Purchased this car brand new and have had nothing but problems. I have had an issue with every part of the car. Each time I bring it in for repair i am back in a couple of days for another issue. I will never buy another Chevy and would not recommend to anybody else.
By on 6/1/16 | Oxon Hill, MD
I bought my 2006 HHR new in May 2005. It's served as a first car for two teenage sons. They each drove it pretty hard. It is still a daily driver for my wife and another son. Currently it has 250,000 miles on it and starts and runs well. In the past 11 years I replaced the front rotors 2x, the battery once, the starter 2x and replaced the cheap plastic door handle once. Overall the car has been excellent.
By on 4/29/16 | El Paso, TX
Above Average
Had to replace wheel sensor for stabiltrack at 3000 miles not covered under warranty! &725.32 and same problem showed up at 40000 miles, not replacing this time!!!!

$10.00 Quart of oil every 1000 miles, Chevy replaced 1 (ONE) piston, gasket and timing chain!

Runs worse then before, idles at 500 rpm and has no get up and go,,, funny still has the same problem!

I will NEVER buy another Chevy again!!!!!!!! Am now trading it in for a foreign made car~
Chevrolet Reviews by Model