Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

Bought this car with roughly 10k miles in 2013 since then I've had 1 recall for ignition and now needs sensors replaced, interior fabric looks cheap but the woodgrain dash is eye catching! Car has a bad blind spot that I had to get used to and to me it seems the car drinks a lot of gas! This is.my 4th Chevy and I think this has been the worst. I Dont foresee myself purchasing another one.
Looks like a cool car I would like to try out.
We actually just rented this thing for a family vacation. I had never been a fan of big vehicles till this one. it was so roomy, handled really well, pot holes and speed bumps did not faze this thing, its like they where not even there. Ran well fast response. I would recommend it.
I bought this when my Mustang gave out. bought it brand new. I always heard Hondas where good cars but I was pretty impressed with how well this car handles, its a V4, with econ button, so I get on average, 34-37 Miles to the gallon, (its my work commute car) its got a great dash board, mostly digital, sept for some reason the rpm gauge. It has a hidden usb connector in the center console, where I plug in my flash drive and have 20 Gigs of my own music that it handles just fine. (wish it would display the music art, as it displays when I plug in the Ipod..) but its a nice system. All in all I would buy another Honda.
We got this one brand new, for an economy car it has lasted us till now, I now finally had to do some big maintenance related things to it, the oil was starting to leak out and had to replace the water pump, radiator, and thermostat. ran with its original parts till now. 2015 great little economy car.
I had, a 1996 Ford Mustang, it was a great car, I had it for 13 years, it was dependable, it ran great, even though i did not do a lot of upkeep for it. No complaints about it, just the last years I had the car, it started finally falling apart. Had to day good bye to it. I would get another Mustang.
This car is an absolute nightmare of repairs. You constantly fear something is going to go wrong. Not worth the logo. Thousands of dollars in repairs from putting on under 15k.
I love this car and it's performance as it looks more like a star fighter space ship, nice lines, etc. and mine is all black, all black interior with the dark light covers on the rear lights. 6 speed 5.7, but with nitrous (NOS)is more than I need. Lot's of custom upgrades for performance before I got it. Now engine light is on with poor performance so looking for info like where is OBD hookup? Seems like a plug or distributor problem (rough idle/poor acceleration with backfire) but there is no true distributor. Helpful hints on web are gas cap (but that won't cause backfire/poor performance?) or the two air injection check valves (where are those?)or PVC valve, the simplest solut6ion to start with. Custom air filters seem OK, but another thing that should be eliminated.
Best van every made.
A peice of junk
Brakes went at 19,000 refused to cover warrenty numerous ball joints, tie rods issues under recall for igintion problems sometime some things like windshield wipers heating do not work. high cost of maintence last american car i will buy
2012 dodge advenger 86,000 miles. Had the car for 2 years. Love the room and style. But huge blind spot and major front brake issues. Even taking to les scwab and needs new brakes after a month. Even with regular oil changes a knocking noise from engine compartment. Foul smell when ac is on even after replacing the ac Filter. Just yesterday all my dash lights went crazy and my tranny wouldn't shift and the max speed I could drive was 35mph. Possible battery issue or pcm issue, waiting to hear. I have the 2.4 liter 4cyl and I like the power. Haven't had any major repair issues til know but brakes get expensive changing often. My model only shows 1 recall with head restraint. Overall so far been good but thinking of trading it in after issues everyone else is having.
I bought my 2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible with just 14,700 miles on the odometer. I'd owned the 99 Sebring Convertible, with a 2.5L engine before and enjoyed it very much. This one is heavier, and has a 3.5L engine. The interior of the 99 was nicer, as were the rims. The 2008 handles very well, and I like the "heavier" feeling on the road. The 99 had limited trunk space (only one bag of golf clubs filled the available space) because a sizable portion had been carved out to store the convertible top when it was down. The 2008 design corrected this by storing the top in the trunk lid when it's down. It does have a very large trunk - even for a hard top car. The first time I put the top down and observed the "transformer" like, convoluted engineering they came up with to stash the top in the lid to the trunk - I knew that would be the first thing to break - and it was. The second thing to break was the plastic "ears"(which contain sensors) on the convertible top "carriage" that must be in place on the trunk sidewalls for the convertible top to operate. Mechanically it has performed very nicely. It has solid acceleration which I appreciate when passing or merging onto the Interstate or turnpike. It lost it's solid "holding" the road at around 75000 miles and required new struts to correct the sloppiness and poor tire wear. Once the struts were replaced the solid, road hugging characteristic thankfully returned. It is timing belt driven, and I had that replaced at 86000. All in all I've enjoyed the car very much.
I bought my WS6 new in 2001. As of 2015, my car has 210,000 miles. My car is still completely stock. During the first 100,000 miles - I had to replace the AC compressor while still under the factory warranty. The only other item under the hood the went bad is the alternator. I replaced both headlight gears with brass gears. I had to replace the turn signal light housings multiple times because they would crack and fill with water, causing the lights to stop working. Finally, I drilled drain holes in the bottom and have had no more issues. I had two Monsoon woofers blow and the replacements were supposed to be upgraded. They have not been a problem since. My volume knob on the Monsoon radio is not working as it should but I have steering wheel controls and replacing it will not prevent it from going bad again. The knob is a poor design. I replaced the clutch slave cylinder and installed a new clutch while I was there even though it didn't need it. I had to replace the passenger window motor which is strange because that window is almost never used. The second 100,000 miles - I had to replace the water pump and the power antenna motor. My alarm no longer functions as it should. I cannot lock the car or it sounds the alarm. The Monsoon is beginning to have problems reading CDs on occasion. The differential gears are starting to whine so I need to have the gears adjusted. Here's the big one - the pilot bearing went bad and chewed up the input shaft of my transmission. I had to have the T56 rebuilt. After 200,000 miles - My AC compressor is starting to make noise so it will need to be replaced soon. I also had to have my sail panel replaced because the paint was bubbling. It turns out the GM started using an inferior glue in 1998 the leaches through the composite and will destroy the paint. There is no fix other than full replacement and if your car is an LS1 it WILL happen eventually. This problem actually started when the car was still under the corrosion warranty and GM would have replaced it for free if I had known. It never occurred to me that it was something they would warranty. It would have been nice if they sent a letter to owners to let them know, since this issue is fully their fault. Of course I still have the typical LS1 piston slap when the engine is cold. My car has no squeaks or rattles except for a very slight noise from the t-tops. I do have a little wind noise but I still have the original weatherstrips. The interior has held up very well with only moderate wear to the leather driver's seat and the Hurst shift handle. Overall, its been a good car. Some of the complaints or poor ratings I have read just make no sense to me. For example to say the AC is 'fair'? The AC is excellent! Plenty of force from the fan and 41 degrees in the middle of hot humid Texas summers. I tracked my mileage with every fill up for the first 100K and I have a spreadsheet with all of the data. I saw around 20-22 mpg in town (This is with the skip shift eliminator) and have seen a best of 31 mpg strictly on the highway, on multiple occasions. The worst I have ever seen is 17 mpg after a night at the race track followed by town driving.
My 2006 Ford Explorer just clicked 200,000 miles. Only substantial repairs have been U-bolts and a water pump.
I bought a 2006 Ford Taurus in 2013 about 6 mths in I needed a catalyc converter; about a year after that I needed a starter; Currently my exhaust system is done!!!!! I was also told the suspension will need to be repaired on the front and back. I bought this car with 81,000 miles on it.
Saw my first FJ in 2006 and immediately ran to the nearest Toyota dealer to order the new 2007 VooDoo Blue FJ 4X4 5-speed automatic (a real tough-girl's car)with many extras...have over 100,000 miles now and still navigating the mud and the Chicago expressways with equal ease. Maneuvers better than any two wheel drive American made passenger vehicle I have ever owned. Will never part with it except to buy another one just like it.
I purchased a used 2008 BMW 135i in September 2012. After two weeks, I started having trouble with the adaptive headlights and the dealer wanted $4000 to replace them. From all the research I have done, it appears a lot of other 135i owners have had similar issues with their headlights. Before I could have the headlights replaced, one of the turbos went out and the water pump stopped working. After I paid $2000+ to have the turbo replaced, I found out that BMW had been repairing them at their expense. I contacted BMW and requested reimbursement but they refused. Every two or three weeks, something else goes wrong with the car. BOTTOM LINE, buy this care at your own peril. Save yourself a lot of headaches and expense and DON'T!!!!!!
My previous cars had more style & swag. However this car is the most reliable and almost carefree. I did change the front disc brakes at 50K. The back brakes should be good until 100K (I have 60K miles on it now). I drive it to Vegas 3-4 times a year, and it runs like a beaut! 39 miles to the gallon and not too much noise on the freeway going 75mph for a 4 cylinder engine. I changed the transmission oil and changed the radiator fluid at 50K. That is all I have done to this vehicle. I will keep it for another $100K and then sell it (I have had offers already because it is in almost mint condition). Great car.
I bought my Ford 500 brand new in 2005. This has been the BEST car EVER - the ONLY time it has been in the shop was ONCE - for the a/c compressor. It now has almost 100,000 miles on it - it also has the AWD CVT transmission. I would highly recommend this car. The only brand of car I will drive is FORD- to me - they make the best cars and trucks on the road
I have a Taurus 2000 and it is a good driving car I received this from a relative after he had it for about 6 yrs after purchasing it brand new. He had to replace the engine for whatever reason paid by the factory. No problems there. It is a good driving car but now I wouldnt trust it with too much long distance driving. It needs some repairs its old. Rusting is a problem around the back wheels which I seen on many on the models and with the hard winter, rusting on the sides and underneath would cost a fortune to repair. Some how I hate to replace the car itself it has been wonderful reliable vehicle and could go more miles after 139,900. The problems i now face with repairing is electrical (door), rusting, possibly a wheel bearing (tire making a lot of loud noises, a new paint job on the body to remove hit and miss rust spots and to bring back that nice red color
I'm probably one of the FEW people left who have owned this truck since new...17 years now. I bought this truck at the beginning of the LARGE SUV heyday and gas was a $1.25 a gallon!! Overall, this truck has been SUPER reliable. It has a few design weaknesses, but no real surprises. The things it falls short on, were evident on day one; it guzzles gas and the early models are underpowered and only tow about 1/2 the tow rating well. I have 130,000 miles on it. Pretty low for it's age. I have only fixed and replaced little things. Brakes are a weak point because they were too small from the get-go; they warp disks before the pads wear out. Just replaced the starter after 16 years; it was getting tired. The 4 wheel drive system and powertrain have been pretty bullet proof. A/C system was undersized for this size vehicle, especially in hot/humid climates, but have not even recharged the system in 17 years. I've never had to replace the muffler or even a light bulb. General fit and finish and Ford's lousy paint job complaints are my biggest gripes and all came with the vehicle. If you can afford the gas, there are few vehicles out there with this much overall space and utility!
Dash and gauge lights are too dim... New switch does not fix the problem...
My dad bought me this car used. I love it but its a money pit. There are always problems. It 's nice on the inside and out I just wish it would work regularly. I will not be buying any Isuzu's in my future.
I am the original and only owner of my 2003 Chevy Tracker LT (2.5 ltr) model and now have 169,852 miles on it. I am very happy overall with this vehicle. At 155k did I start to have oil leak issues, stemming from my valve cover gasket. The only low mileage issue I had was the battery cables to the engine go out and that cost me $290. Other than wear and tear on brakes, no big issues. I change oil regularly and do not abuse the vehicle. The exterior paint is peeling off, and I noticed that at around 145k, but that depends on waether and how often it is washed/waxed, but really think it's just he way paint is. This suv has been extremely reliable!
I had my 4Runner since 2002 brand new. There isn't a SUV would drive but a Toyota 4Runner its the best ever. I used to take into a Service Center on S. Prentiss Drive now 222k miles the dealer get serviced Oaks Toyota works on my SUV. Still very comfortably handles, runs and drives great the 6 cylinder is peppy. I did go to O'Reilly changed out spark plugs and air filters but luckily let dealership service oil changes and rotations etc. It's in mint condition never going to get rid of it did get AC repaired in June 2013 but overall very dependable. I would definitely buy another in a heartbeat this 4Runner is great ever driven to Colorado and Tennessee its the best ever had.
I had the car for 13 years - its at 120,000 miles still looks luxury all in the interior cabin. Never had problems few minor things luckily my BMW 530i has been very dependable. Just had a new starter replaced. Gets BMW scheduled maintenance every five thousand miles - change spark plugs at 5,000) get my routine maintenance. My BMW is comfortable runs and drives beautifully not a single problem have from this car. Original everything no oil leaks or dings the paint that was factory on car looks like new in Bronze mist metallic. It rides while it is definitely the Ultimate driving machine. I've got all services records and date in purchased the car get oil changes - fluids changed at five thousand miles there aren't any minimal problems out of my BMW absolutely love it.
Car runs forever this is the best car ever. I purchased it new has 90,000 miles fully serviced very comfortable and looks luxury all inside got everything except nav. System overall love my LS430 such an beautiful car.
My first GM truck went 150,000 miles with only minor repairs(1995 Cheyenne) It is still on the road today! My 2008 GMC 4x4 has had one issue after another. Stuck active fuel management lifter=$3000, bad power windows switch on all doors but Driver, Bad Power mirror switch on the driver, Bad break light switch. The Service Traction Control light comes on at random. The driver side rear door fills with water. The dash has cracked in 2 places and I have had it for 25000 miles. I bought what I thought was a good used truck and have 100000 miles on it now, but this will be my last GM purchase.
this is a great van, I don't understand why they stop making this van. very low maintenance needed to this van if drive properly.