Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

Despite regular maintenance I had a blown head gasket, replaced two catalytic converters, the AC never really blew cold after 50K miles. The heater is a joke on cold day if you drive slower than 60mph. The engine constantly burnes oil keep at least 2qts in the trunk. I’m at 230K miles and the catalytic converter and O2 sensor is out again plus the engine is over heating after I drive it 30 minutes. With a state vehicle inspection coming up soon it looks like $4000 just to get it to pass. Never really a good car, stylish.
I bought used in 2010 with 54,000 miles. Roomy and it's more comfortable than my 1996 traded on another used certified Honda put trust in the reputation. I see many of these on highways. I truly love my Accord got the LX which basic model but it's a good reliable car ever. In 2015 finally put 185K on odometer never once had this car to left me stranded on traveling CA freeways. It's dependable, affordable and runs like a new car like styling better than newer Accords in the later years this is the best car no minimal repairs it runs and drives sharp gets excellent mpg. Plan on driving my Accord until 400K love every bit of it maybe next couple more years when the newer Accords aged as my 2006 probably grow on me at the time did get a certified as did with my used one still runs like a new car or better.
Gets good mpg I believe purchased a good vehicle. I have had my 2003 Honda Element since new never once ever got $$$ things fixed in it all oil changes and checkups I'm good to go. It's a very reliable little SUV took 25 trips around the country even drove to Canada on one tank of gas left before filling up on way back home. Wish Honda never discontinued them because I would get another now have 158,000 miles runs as a brand new seems older cars much bulletproof than newer cars in 2015 if I'm wrong but my Element is a great vehicle drives excellent has lots of great things about it.
original owner: 2005 Hyundai Sante Fe AWD -V6/2.7 engine. Prior 100,000 miles, warranty everything possible. Short horn, short driver door lock, short hitch connection, struts/springs needed replacing -causing premature/uneven wear on tires. More serious at 140,000 miles - AC compressor - twice froze, AC condenser, power steering pump, windshield washer motor, cam gear inner fell apart/broke? Please give input - why cam gear broken inside timing belt area....
a/c went out. lines broke.Very expensive to repair. Transmission slips when cold. Will be expensive to repair if needed. This a 2010 premier Milan.
Got the car 12/2009 and had issues with the steering from the beginning. I love the room and it is good on gas but it wasn't well though out. The AC only benefits front seat passengers. The sun visors are too short for window coverage. They should have put in a front passenger seat arm rest. The tire pressure light has been going off from the beginning. I have had my tire rotated too many times and I am over pressurizing them. For the last few month the gas gauge has not been registering the correct amount of gas so I am scared that I will end up stranded somewhere. An recently the airbag light just started to flash out of the blue. I contacted Nissan USA and the will not fix it. I don't understand how an airbag suffers wear and tear. I pray that it does not go off suddenly and smacks me in my face. The blinking light scares me. Should have waited and bought an older model or gone with another brand.
I researched all the cars in this class before I bought my civic lx coupe...and fell in love with Honda. Sure, it doesn't have as much ground effects as the Corrolla, but it is the safest car in it's class in the off center crash rating as well as other crashes. I agree with the very first review on this site in that if there's more than one person in the car, you can really tell the weight difference. I bought this car to commute 60 miles (one way) to work and LOVE THE DRIVE. The bluetooth phone and audio works flawlessly. The speed controlled volume is great. The 5 speed manual model has plenty of get-up and go...and you can really tell when the VTEC kicks in (even with the 1.8L). I loved it soo much that my fiancee bought a sedan and looked everywhere for a 5 speed sedan (of course that's about as easy to find as a honest politician). I would reccomend this car for someone on their own, with one other passenger or for families with very small (but not in car-seat) children. Sporty, Safe, roomy inside....LOVE IT.
Car drinks oil like a fish drinks water! Gear shifter locks whenever it wants to! I HATE THIS CAR!!
I would not buy another. In 12 years I have spent over 7000.00 in repairs and most of them I did myself. The transmission was done by others. Very poorly built truck. Everything is rusting out including brake lines and fuel lines. Only good side is the ride.
hahahah I just sold my S-10 to some kid in Michigan and I had to put duct tape on the radiator hoses because it was almost ready to explode. It was something like 5 degrees outside I felt bad but took the $10 he paid me for the truck and invested it in a couple of cold pabst blue ribbons at the indian casino and with $5 left I put it in the slot machine and got 1 million bucks!!! That chevy S-10 was the best truck I ever owned.
We bought the car new and it now has 205,000 miles on it. Aside from regular maintenance we replaces the air conditioning condenser at about 150,000 mile. The car is in the shop now for a wheel bearing replacement and a leak at the valve cover. I am having the valves adjusted since the cover will already be off. There is a slight leak in the power steering but the quoted cost for fixing this is very expensive. I expect to get a second opinion and quote. All in all we are very pleased with the Highlander. The interior is in excellent condition and aside from a few dings the outside is in good shape as well. We expect to drive it to (or past) 300,000 miles.
2007 Dodge Nitro R/T....Paid 28K cash Great car? Whaaaaaat? I bought my Nitro the introductory year 2007, biggest mistake I have ever made. How many recalls issued on this vehicle in 4 frickin' years? 12? How is it not considered a lemon? I brought my car to the dealership for an oil change and some recall repairs...They replaced the wiper motors and resealed the roof rack....4 weeks later the engine blew.....The filter they put on the car was defective plus there was no gasket when then ruptured filter was removed. They replaced the engine under warranty, that was good....However, I had to return the car 4 times becuz while in operation, the engine would quit and the electrical system would fail...No power steering and no brakes, great in a Chicago winter. This all becuz of bad computers, 4 of them. Then the wipers failed with their new motors....The roof rack seal is not only gone, but the rack is cracked in 3 places....I don't use it!!!!!!!! I have three windows I cannot lower becuz the motors have failed, the drivers side door handle has broken, the emergency brake engages in cold weather and etc, etc......So many problems with this car, I have returned to the dealership multiple times for repairs, only to have the issue arise again....The Nitro was a piece of JUNK!!!!!!! I paid cash and wish I could afford to get rid of it now....I seriously hate this car and it's worth nothing at trade in....Less than 3 years after buying the car, it was only worth 5k at the dealership....Dodge knew they built a POS!!!!!! Why only run it 4 years???
Overall I really like my SUV. Has 140,200 miles. I am second owner with 27,000 miles. Spent money on the brakes. But now my problem is the lights. The automatic running lights will not turn off at times. Some time the dome lights will stay on and sometimes the lights won't come on. The Repair I use said that they can fix it but this problem has to be done at the Dealership. So, I am trying to find out the cost. I hope to drive it a few more years.
I wrote a review awhile back with my 1990 model. Bought my '15 Limited two months later their no words expressing but WAY TO GO HYUNDAI!!! Just love this car definitely worth excellent value than most vehicles I have put 4,000 miles on it already very careful since more top of the line with great options ever in its class. Its more technology with everything even available panoramic moon roof am getting 35 mpg lots of room very smooth on rough Indianapolis roads includes blind spot warning its too much of a car. I still have my 1990 use as a daily commute at times but really love my '15 Sonata its a great car ever no problems with a thing. Overall glad bought this car was worth $$$ spending getting this new Sonata hope rubs 350,000 miles like my 1990 did but has almost 372,000 miles without breaking down. HYUNDAI RULES!!!
I brought my 2005 ford explorer love it until at 50,000 had to buy tires, brakes, alternator, fix the auto seat on driver side and now I have that famous crack on the back of the hitch and sat 80,000 I just replaced the transmission. I brought 2 new vehicles from ford in 2005 and I don't think I will buy anything else from them. My 2005 F-150 truck has had a lot of parts replaced and repaired and it has about the same amount of miles on it. Ford you have lost a repeat customer. NEVER NEVER again Ford you SUCK
Currently have 185k miles on my 2WD,2.3L. 5 spd stick, standard cab Ford Ranger. Had 136 k on it in 2013 and drove from WA State to Deadhorse,AK (5 miles from the Arctic Ocean) and back. At Tok Junction ,AK drove onto the scales at 5180 GVW. Got 29.5 MPG from Fairbanks to Seattle ! Ford needs to start building these again.
My Transmission is going out, I have talked to several people that have had the same problem, I love my car but I think a weakness is in the transmission of these cars.
Van is a cash cow seems to be in shop every other week. Engine mounts are the newest problem with van. Brakes and rotors have been replaced 3 times within one year. Passenger sliding door clips all broke causing door panel to fall off. Drivers side door lock broke. Van no longer beeps when using key throb and change key throb numerous times. Heater makes a noise sounding as if a door is opening and closing. Van is very loud with rattling noises. Cup holders have broken off on passenger seats. Dash board light always shows tires are low and sensors have been replaced twice. Wear on tires very bad have replaced tires (not cheap tires) 2 within a year. Van engine is now getting stuck in gear causing engine to rev extremely bad making me think it is the transmission. So many little things that are not normal keep up on van. Very disappointed with van. Loved the look of van and the inside of van but extremely extremely disappointed with van in whole. Will never ever purchase a Nissan again
bought it new in 2008, the car is too heavy for the rotors so you find yourself replacing those a lot. power steering went out about 50,000 but thats a ele assist motor. replaced timing chains at 200,000 it now has 241,000 on it has some small issues going on with it, but I would not get rid of it
I bought it used in '00 now has 234,422 miles on original motor & tranny but had it shares up/down. Brakes, transmissions and oil problems. Just paid a good $245.00 on new parts for engine it smelled 1qt of oil but that's not it - I had to pay mechanic extra $233.76 for replacing whole new crankshaft kit well it almost broke me but will complain until now after putting lots of miles onto the engine its still original. Interior and power equipment are still working but I will buy another Dodge after got $$$ worth in this one. I still see lots of these around the mid south so means they are very dependable mines be reliable so far though later put expensive repairs until in 2010 but van is running strong for me.
Nothing to complain about on it. I am the original owner and current driver that purchased my 2010 Sebring Touring no other words expressing. The car is excellent on gas & never had one problem with anything. I've religiously taken very great cared of everything on my car still comfortable and its unique than ever I buy another Chrysler for sure but 5 years sent off last payment don't want to start if have too but absolutely thankful this car runs like the day drove off the lot at now has 86,000 miles.
Engine: Bought the 2004 FX35 used with 80,000 miles for $8000. 2 monthes later, the engine cut out while driving. Car started up after about 10 minutes, drove another 5 minutes, and the engine cut out once again. The repair shop diagnosed a faulty crankshaft sensor using the ECM even though the check engine light never came on. Electrical: Sunroof does not stop in the closed position (have to manually release button at exactly the right time to ensure seal). All the power door lock, window, and side mirror switches failed and replaced for $2000. Brakes: The front brakes make a terrible high-pitch squeal while backing up. Apparently this is "normal" adjuster noise. The brakes work very well otherwise, and do not squeal going forward. Comfort and Ride: The vehicle has many annoying blind spots and limited rear visibility compared to my Acura MDX. The stylish, triangular-shaped side mirrors do not help much because they taper right where it would have filled in the blind spots. The FX35 rides a lot stiffer feeling every little bit of road roughness as a jolt so the previously smooth roads (in my MDX) ride like a harsh kidney shaker in the FX35 even with the Yokohama Prada Spec-X tires. Steering is much heavier than my MDX and the steering radius is larger. If you like an ultra-stiff sportscar-like suspension feel and rumbling exhaust noise, then this is the sporty SUV for you. My MDX rides like a luxury sedan by comparison.
I love my Verano solid & comfortable it rides like a little luxury car gets 30 + MPG a great car for last 3 years. Loved interior dashboard and got On star system there is nice seat support plus car has four cylinders. Great on road trips very smooth on roads handles like a dream nice looking in & out its a great car.
I bought my Expedition in July 2001 has 305,452 miles. Never had problems except for brake wear plus had a light indicator on dashboard but mechanic fixed couple things as lasted for 16 years. Rides, drives and comfortable still peppy its probably better than newer Expeditions might be wrong - I absolutely love this SUV. Everything is great on this SUV very fast with lots of power have done on plenty of trips plus been through chains still very dependable. Did get routine stuff done after my 100,000 mile scheduled maintenance its working even engine and transmission are both still original. Overall I really have so much fun driving the Expedition though single its the best ever owned after owned few cars in the past Expedition is my favorite vehicle had.
I loved the look of this car & the power when I first got it. However now I have more to say negative & most are little things but they are super annoying some unsafe & add up ! The seats do wear fast. have to change brakes too frequently with just normal travel. Last year the back driver side brake had apparently got stuck, although I had no clue ( I just replaced them a 5 months before this )& had to replace the rotor as well, even though the other side was fine! Had the issue where they key wouldn't come out found out it was (small pc of plastic from the silver ring on the shifter button was broke off inside) not allowing it go fully go into park even though it said it was. Removed that & it released the key immediately. Front end squeaks especially when I turn. Door handles are garbage!! (inside)cracked & eventually broke. The driver door has never locked electronically. it is done manually, even after i replaced the broken door handle. Trunk sticks won't latch shut, you simply hit the unlock button on your key chain and then the trunk button & it will close. Also the lights on the radio screen are so dim I can't see it & sometimes the volume goes up & down a few k notches on its own! Now the wrench & engine light are coming on. Starts acting up not shifting no power after running for about half an hour & the fan kicks on. It does not read hot but After it cools down it will run fine again. Today it was so hot out it started acting up sooner so i shut it off & it wouldn't start. I'm seeing some owners say it is the throttle body so I'm having this checked out tomorrow. Thanks to all who have commented about this car as you have saved me money & stress a few times!
I love my 2000 Monte Carlo bought it in '02 now roughly got 235,245 miles. Oil always changed with 5w20 Synthetic and spark plugs serviced at 10,000 miles. The car is very reliable driven to California and Vegas the ride still solid and interior of car are like new. It has plenty of power love my Monte Carlo its a sporty car driving if Chevy brought back these cars again would buy another. Wouldn't sell or trade for nothing - ASAP its a good car than ever owned for me driving around town gets fully serviced at 5,000 miles.
Expensive to own and maintain. BMW can NOT build an interior that holds together to save its corporate life. Can't drive the car past the repair place without leaving it there for a couple of days and writing a check for $1,000+. Have owned three and this is the story on used BMWs. If you think you're smart about money don't get a used BMW. It will bleed you dry. The trick with BMWs is to buy NEW, then get rid of the car after two or three years before the problems start and the car gets expensive to own.
I purchase a 2007 lincoln mkx a month ago, im a lincoln fan for years so i fell into this lincoln mkx. the only thing that i don't like is that lincoln dont have a vent to let fresh air in and i have the awd its quick in accelleration but i hear clicking noise when i come to slow down.my 6 disc changer is common to jam and mine is,so i use my i pod so i do have music. my a/c work kinda crazy the drivers side blow warm air while the passenger side blows cold air. ive been working with it.
Best car I've ever owned. 215K miles @ 9 years old and have done little to it. Front brake pads first time @ 150K miles. Exhaust pipes @ 170K 1 Rear Shock blew at $165K (so replaced both). Catalytic converter code just came up at 212K miles and suspension is only now just sounding like it may need attention. Body is in great shape, no rust, and car lives outside in coastal CT. Still average 44-47 mpg. What more need be said?
This is the 3rd and LAST HONDA ACCORD that I will own. I feel in love with my husband's (then boyfriend), 1987 Accord Coupe, we married, had our first child and even after being flooded by Hurricane Floyd, had it repaired, with no problems and got over 240,000 miles. We wanted a Sedan, so I got a 2000 Accord...I drove it and got close to 290,000 miles BEFORE (drum roll), this 2008 Honda Accord. NOTHING BUT TROUBLE...from brakes, replacing headlights (which is a task in itself on this model), to my the VS system, which I was told was a timing chain, replaced the entire entire. I then find out there's a recall. So, $3000 later, I can't get it inspected because my dash is lit like a Christmas Tree and I've been told that I need a 1500.00 Internal Computer Module, AND this morning, it wouldn't crank AGAIN...The battery is good, the mechanic is saying its the starter, and that, because of the labor involved with taking the intake manifold off to replace the starter motor....