Newest Reviews:
  • 2009 Chevrolet Malibu I bought this car in Dec. 2008, not realizing it was a new remodel. I hate this car so much now. Worst turn radius ever. Something new is broken on this piece of crap car every time I look at it. Replaced the battery cables, the battery has been replaced twice already, headlamp replacement fiasco (have to remove the damn bumper to change the bulb), visor fell off, radio buttons don't work, ABS is touchy, driver seat track loose ($800 to replace by the way), driver seat buckle stuck in locked position, replaced rear window insulation four times...my car only has 38,000miles on it. My brother has the same car, bought a week later - he had all the same problems as well as a cylinder going bad and his front right tire fell off while he was driving. DO NOT EVER BUY AN 09 MALIBU LTZ
  • 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis Bought 97 Marquis for son 7.5 years ago for $2700. It had 73,000 miles on it. We just sold it for $800 and it has over 248,000 miles on it. Original Engine and Original Transmission. The problems that we have had seemed to be common to everything I read on the web. We had the following. At 143,000 miles I had to replace the manifold which is common. I bought one from rock auto and repaired myself. It cost less then $200 which included coolant change, a couple hoses and new thermostat. Haven't had a problem since. Have had driver side power window assembly fail twice, but cheap repair, replace myself and have lifetime warranty on the part. Biggest problem with the cars has been with ball joints, have had to replace upper and lower and tie rods. If you have a car like this and can do the work yourself it would be wise to replace the upper and lower ball joints & tie rods. For the lower purchase a control arm with the ball joint installed and it just becomes a matter of bolting everything on. You can get the control arm assembly for about $68 at Rock auto (Dorman)The upper Dorman you can get for about $43. If you hear one going bad replace all 4, front shocks, tie rod(inner and outer $56) and take it in for an alignment. Front seatbelt buckle assembly broke. Got one at junk yard for $20. Had a rear wheel bearing go. Another thing about this car is that you have to change the plugs and wires every two years. At the time of sale the car with over 248,000 miles with the original transmission and engine doesn't have any codes. I have had to replace O2 sensors. One time I had the code for catalytic converter and read on the internet could be an oxygen sensor and that is what it was. Car has original exhaust is still quiet. I did replaced a couple of the rubber hangars that I was able to get from Advanced Auto. Car does not handle well in winter but rides smooth in summer. Original Air conditioner equipment is still working. Overall this car has been very cheap, Have had for 90 months and it cost $2700 - $800(sale)=$1900 That is about $21/month plus only had it insured for State minimum which was about $40 month for son. For parts and maintenance(including tires) have probably spent less then $3000. I figure our cost of ownership for everything was about $90-$100 a month not counting gas.
  • 1991 Toyota Camry My 91 now has almost 260,000 and is still going strong and looking good. Just now replacing a couple of motor mounts and the radiator just developed a seal leak around the top, but parts for all this cost me only about $150. Overall this has been THE best car I've ever owned hands down. Not fancy but ALWAYS runs. CHange the oil and fluids and the absic maintenance items (alternatorm starter, master cylinder, plugs, cap, rotor, wires, PS pump, wheel bearings). I did the CV's myself which was a pain and don't recommend but the new ones will last longer than the car. Hoping to get 300,000. These cars are amazing
  • 2003 GMC Envoy last night my wife noticed the battery light on and so i changed the battery checked the alternator which read 14.6 volts. This morning she took our soon to school went inside to drop son off came out and car started but gauges did not work. she made it home and when turned car off heard an electrical pop. Could this be the alternator?
  • 2014 Mercedes-Benz C350 I purchased a 2014 CPO C350 with 2,000 miles. during the first 700 miles the car seemed OK and I decided to keep it. When I started to travel back and fourth to work on a regular basis I found that the rear suspension very harsh, even the smallest bumps are amplified and the read seems to bounce excessively. I have taken my C350 back to MB service. The changes the tires, and were very accommodating with test drives but after all was said and done they said the car is operating as designed. I have owned many other sport cars and have never experienced a ride that is so uncomfortable. It's OK for short trips around town on very level streets but not for long rides on poorly maintained California freeways. My feeling is that there is something wrong with the rear suspension a mismatch of spring and struts or some other issue MB service is not willing to replace. At this point I am contacting a Lemon Law Attorney for assistance.
  • 1997 Mazda 626 I just bought this car has 118,000 miles no problems did fixed CV joints/alternator. The 626 gets good fuel economy very comfortable to drive. Owned a newer car but destroyed because of DUI had license revoked for several years found the used car under $600 starting driving again like car so far. It was last purchase in Nov 2014 now put over 132,000 miles no signs of breakdowns the car is getting all low maintenance plus 6,000 mile oil changes. 626 very flawless runs like a champ better than starting off on another car note already paid off by original owner who brought it brand new of Dec '96 as 1997 model still original in and out have all service records and manufactured date of the vehicle. I've noticed trans was slipping but fixed at lower price while using 5w30 Lucas Tranny Oil helped solved the issue this car will run forever I believe having less problems even mechanic who found to do routine maintenance says it has lots of life even Original Owner/driver told me same don't have to worry about nothing will serve me down the Colorado mountains without stalling or breakdowns this gentleman took very great care of this car like it was his own child being a dependable car somewhat nice 1997 model ever here in Boulder I've seen on the road lately.
  • 2013 Nissan JUKE I love my "Juke". I have not had one ounce of trouble with it. BUT……saying that it has a smell. I may drive it a hour and shut it off to go into the store and it has an AWFUL smell when returning. I have had it checked out and sprayed BUT it doesn't help. This does not do it all the time just when you least expect it.
  • 1999 Dodge Caravan I bought this 1999 Van Caravan new in Dec 1998. I have kept it serviced and changing oil every 4000 miles. I have 248000 miles on it, replaced transmission at 231000 miles replaced water pump 232000 miles replaced radiator at 233000 miles and replaced fuel pump at 247000 miles other than the usual upkeep and maintence This vehicle has really served me well.I would not hesitate to buy another but I probably couldn't get the service out of it that I got out of this one, I`ve never had a problem with the air conditioner, altanator or any other problem.
  • 2011 Toyota Sienna This is my 2nd Sienna, I have a 2004 and 2011. Back sliding doors on both (one electric, one manual) have caused me to change my mind completely about my next vehicle. It will definitely not be a Toyota. The steering squeals as well as the brakes and I have been told by the dealer this is normal NOT. Very dissatisfied with Toyota at this point and scared the electric doors are going to open and allow my grand children to fall out. They really need to recall at this point before some one gets killed.
  • 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 besides my current problem with the 4wh. drive, i absolutely love my avalanche... i will never not have one. it is by far the smoothest ride, the back seats are just as comfy as the front, and it is the best drive in movie vehicle ever... with traveling coolers built in. Love this truck!!
  • 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 This is my second ML350 and these cars are unreliable and very costly to repair. The parts prices are outrageous and brakes and rotors' prices are just ridiculous. Struts, mounts and engine mounts are $3500. The dealer, Mercedes Benz of San Diego was terrible and fixed nothing. I will not buy another Mercedes truck again. BTW, my 2008 CL65 with 21,000 miles needed front brakes and rotors and a suspension hydraulic hose broke. Total repair bill $5,000. If you buy a Benz be prepared to buy an extended warranty or you will bleed to death slowly.
  • 2006 Toyota Corolla 88,000 miles on my 2006 Toyota Corolla. Great car up to this point with no repairs except for general maintenance. Recently had problems with the engine racing after shifting, taking time for the car to respond. Also happened when going up inclines on freeways, with the engine racing for several seconds before the car would respond. Toyota service found the clutch to be bad. Repair costs - $1500.00.
  • 2008 BMW 550i I love the car. I have had zero problems with the exception I am on my 3rd battery.
  • 2006 Nissan Murano Had this 2006 only a short period of time and it already required 2,000$ worth of work. Power steering went out, bushings were gone, needs brakes, AWD light stays on, have a feeling this is a lemon, only 50,000 miles on it. Wouldn't buy again.
  • 2001 Lexus ES300 The car is just so comfortable to drive, sharp body style, full of luxury features. I'm planning on keeping it for a long time.
  • 2008 Chevrolet Aveo I bought 2 late model year 2008 AVEO LS Sedans w/Manual Trans. new. They run great. One has 117K on it now, and the other has 50K. Both cars still get 34 MPG. All highway use and you will get 34 even at 75-80mph. If driven hard combined HW/City is 29-31 MPG. Replaced shocks and struts early, added K&N air filter, and rest is stock. Tires last about 30-35K miles but they are cheap. Overall good value for the money. These have been the lowest maintenance cars I have ever owned.
  • 2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sold on Mazda. The 3rd Mazda3i I owned very good cars it's very safe drive gets great performance has lots of upgrades loving the value of this car. Automatic transmission has excellent ratios while fuel economy very comfortable love infotainment, blue tooth, navigation etc. Overall this is the best car I have ever owned besides (2 3is) this new model best than them all rides better and looks gorgeous in and out.
  • 1990 Hyundai Sonata We got this car from my grandpa. It might look like junk but a dependable car wish photo could be available love this car a bunch has over 350,000 miles on original engine. I did put money on some repairs but the car is flawless for a 1990 Sonata the V6 engine is strong gets 30mpg including interstate driving am looking for a 2015 model while will keep this older model as the timeline of history when this generation first came out in 1989 to U.S as a Korean car. LOVE MY SONATA will never sell or get rid of this car just won't die though beat this car all up still never gave me a problem while blowing up with our kids in back (LOL).
  • 2008 Toyota Camry First and last Toyota for me. I have a 2008 Camry LE with 106,000 miles around 80,000 + miles starting smell like burnt rubber or antifreeze took in to local mechanic said I needed an new engine replacement. My car using a lot of oil which dipstick boned dry and all spark plugs etc., are melted because engine is ruined in $$$. Don't have money also contacted Toyota Corp who wouldn't solve my case but I am expected to take money out of my pocket buying a new engine. This car might be the cheapest Camry had features like an upgraded model but I religiously take excellent care of all my cars I buy and keep until 200,000 or up but don't believe will keep this one not too long. Money I spend getting new engine replacement could be on a new car payment hate to say but I can't stand Toyota at all this company is horrible look at unintended acceleration and engine sludge problems who knows what else this company is hiding not telling consumers that buy these cars thinking would last me forever. I am going to sell this car off to a junkyard and put a down payment getting something like Hyundai or American made automobile. Never I own another Toyota not even my family won't drive them either if I had the money definitely get a lawsuit with Toyota because this is ridiculous having to pay something is not your fault. Know most people don't take care of their vehicles as should but me I am a strict person who stays on top of maintenance doing oil changes between 3,000 - 6,000 miles bought this car new now starting to be like a beat up car. I'm done!!!
  • 2003 Buick Century We have had fairly good luck with our '03 Century. Had lifters replaced at 50,000 miles because of clatter at a Chevy dealer in Sandy. After 1000 mi or so it was as noisy as before. Were they actually replaced? Get better A/C on passenger side. Power window problems, but all in all its been a good dependable car. Its nearing 100,000 miles. p.s. replaced catalytic converter recently.
  • 1990 Nissan Maxima I have been very pleased with my Maxima. Bought this car over 21 years ago as a pre owned certified never had one mechanical problem with nothing. I've replaced couple things but minor only the car has original tranny/engine at now 250,000 never once I did have it in the shop for nothing. I am looking for a 2016 Maxima as new replacement hope it be like my 1990 Maxima as well loving this car.
  • 1995 Nissan Maxima bought this car for my son. He had it since January 2011 with 83,000 miles now driven it through the ground in the last 4 years purchase. The maintenance wasn't bad plus oil changes were very cheap though car was showing some wear and tear bought it in Pennsylvania off craigslist from a lady who got second handed from the previous owner who had since new. Overall it's a very reliable car now my son sold it got an 2010 model he loves even more with all of the upgrades compared to his 1995 version. I believe could trust Nissan vehicles within last couple of years my son have had his Maxima never gave him a problem he has driven that car from Michigan to Arizona put over 234,000 miles didn't leave him stranded driving long trips. The mechanic who I used to let serviced it said that car had lots of life wouldn't breakdown at anytime sense these are great cars last told by mechanic. Which I saw that when buying my son a 1995 Maxima with low miles it was the best car I have ever bought he drove it to death but never one time stopped on him. I'd recommend a Maxima any day.
  • 2003 Volvo XC90 Do not EVER buy this car. I don't think I'll ever get another Volvo. Just spent $6400 to fix the transmission, the leaking seals and on and on.
  • 2009 Volkswagen Touareg dealers do not stock any parts,not even a lightbulb which takes 2 wks to get and $20. went on a trip and was stranded in another state because nobody stocks any parts for vw,not even dealers. spoiled our trip and was very expensive. took over a week to repair an alternator which should have been an easy fix. will not ever buy a vw product again.
  • 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt I bought a used 2006 Cobalt coupe back in 2009 for my daughter with 63K on the odometer. Nearly 6 years later, we just traded it off with over 170K on the little thing. Had issues with the ignition switch and power steering but both were covered under recalls. I initially paid for the ignition switch repair but was reimbursed by GM following the recall. Minimal problems in nearly 110,000 miles of use. Had a lower control arm bushing go bad, the climate control module was replaced because the fan wouldn't work, put in a battery, 2 sets of tires and 1 set of brakes. Always started good, ran well, got exceptional mileage and drove smoothly. The interior was cheap but it wan't a luxury car. The thing still has no rust on it and that is saying something for spending it's life in MN. I was very happy with it and I still got about 1/3 of what I paid for it on trade. Some of the things I read on these reviews don't sound like real problems (ignition cylinder sticking? Huh?) and some just sounds like GM bashing. In my opinion, most modern cars will deliver reliable service if you just take care of them.
  • 2001 BMW 540i my 2001 540i M sport has 155 plus thousand miles and runs like a dream- Change the oil religiously/every 5 k miles regardless with Castrol synthetic oil- 8 qts- worth it..Changed wheels and tires to continental high speed ,z rated tires-6 speed manual on its second clutch,third radiator,new timing chain, new coils, invest a couple of grand and the car is good good for a qtr. million miles--shift with out the clutch up and down , just feel it and time it -BMW's are the Best- Race Me...
  • 2010 Toyota Camry I purchased my Camry new, but have had some surprising problems with it. As others have noted, alignment is a BIG problem. It always wants to pull to the left and I've had several alignments at several different places with the same result. My struts leaked and had to be replaced (all four). That was an expensive repair for something that came prematurely. I had premature brake wear on the rear brakes and had to replace them. I haven't touched the front brakes yet which indicates another problem...I have never had a car where the rear brakes wore out before the front brakes. Lastly, oil consumption is starting to be a problem. Unfortunately I kind of consider this car a clunker. I had expected to keep this car for many years but I can see that won't happen. Toyota's quality reputation is undeserved in my opinion.
  • 2002 Acura TL Bought TL-S in 2010 with 100k miles for my high school twins. I have put in 5 transmsission for which I paid for 2. Very important to get cooler for the transmission fluid. Handles like a dream very quite, wonderful sound system. m just paid $180 to get a HID headlight buld replaced. MPG is about 18 which is tuff with $4/Gal premium, better now. My son does not trust it for relability and will prbably sell after college graduation. Or I might keep it.
  • 2013 Hyundai Tucson I have a 2014 limited tucson. At 7000 miles I reported that it sounded like a Mack Truck the dealer said it was normal. At 18000 miles they replaced the engine. At 26000 Miles they changed it a 2nd time. Also soon after that my directional would not go off even with the car off and the key out. They replaced the BCM which I'm told was a major job. It also has a continuous transmission problem that when I go to take off its like in 2nd or third gear. It didn't happen the two times I took it in so it continues to be a problem. Hyundai is a garbage vehicle and the US should not allow them to be imported
  • 2004 Toyota Camry I bought a 2004 Camry from a relative who bought it new. It currently has 110K miles. It had been a great car up until the last month. On e long road trip, after a brief stop, the car would not start again. I had it towed, they said that it started fine for them and nothing was wrong. SO while cruising down a busy highway in torrential rain, the car shuddered a few times and turned off. Therefore no steering at 70 mph, in the rain, narrow shoulder by a deep ravine. Had it towed to a dealership where they said it need 3K worth of various work (I have been meticulous with maintenance), but that it has turned off because of low battery power causing an error code. No one has been able to explain why an 'error code' would just turn a car off at 70 mph. After talking dealership #1 into what I needed to continue with our trip, they said battery and serpentine belt. Car ran okay for another 1,500 miles home. Then while driving locally, the car turned off again, replicating the same issue I'd had "repaired". I towed it to a local dealership due to warranty on the battery and got a completely different diagnosis. This time it was a crank shaft problem linked to a 'crank code' caused by dead sparkplugs. I took it from the dealership, who would not touch on why there were two different answers to the same exact problem. I took it to a local mechanic that I trust and so far, so good. At this point I am 2K in the hole for a "great car". I will never buy another Toyota. Ironically I received a $22 check from Toyota 3 months ago referencing a class action settlement with no further details and that by cashing the check, I was releasing them from liability. I did NOT cash the check. After the debacle of the last few weeks, I am glad because I suspect something big is about to come out.