Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

It's 4/3/15, To be short and direct, I've dumped right at $4300 in repair costs on this '05 Taurus SE (3.0 V6 Vulcan flex-fuel ) since new, this Does NOT include tires/oil-filter changes, I've got 68K miles on it and I feel the repair costs on this Piss Poor Taurus have been outrageous. It's in the shop now for a new oil pan gasket because it leaks oil, cost estimate is approx. $300. Past repairs include Trans/Torque converter, starter, cam synchronizer thing-a-ma-jig and easily three sets of lower ball joints. Way-WAY Too much repair money - - - WAY WAY too Quick !! !! I wonder if the engine will make it to 75K ? FORD >>> They call 'em FIX or Repair Daily ! ! ! ! !
I have had electrical, cruise control, front wiper transmission wiper motor ABS system, and water leaking in the front and can't find where it is coming from, but the worst part is the body rust. Overall the van has preformed relativity well considering I have 445,800 miles on it and its still going.
Bought my 2007 new May 2007. It now has nearly 110,000 on it. Still runs like new. Never been in the shop except for routine maintenance. Tows my trailer like a champ, room for all the kids and the dog. Very comfortable seats. 4x4 handles anything it encounters. Looks great on the road. I would recommend to anyone. Only downside is typical poor gas mileage with the V8.
Was given this car from my Dad, because the dealer at trade in would only give him $500. He has owned this car since new and he did not put a nickel into it except for tires and Brake pads/Rotors. It had just under 200,000 miles on it when I got it. I have put another 20,000 miles on and it that time I replaced the water pump (216,000),repaired hose leaks in power steering,replaced head lamp covers (fogged up),left front outer wheel Bearing (simple job 3 bolt whole assembly comes off), The only other problems i can see coming down the road is Cat. convertor (code lights on/off occ.) Back heater drivers side quit working butt still good and just developed slight leak in trans. BUT for 220,000 miles the car is solid and rust free and we winter in OHIO. SO don't mind a few dollars into it.. It gets a solid 19 MPG.
I have a Malibu ltz 2010. I have heard klanking when driving over bumpy roads. I have had the esc lights come on occasionally but once the car is shut off and back on this corrects the problem. But twice this week the esc came on and then it flashed power steering. The second time this happened my power steeering went out. Supposedly there have been recalls on this but not my car model or vin. I was told to contact the dealership and follow up with gn with my case number. Has any one have any idea what why's could be. Once I shut the car off and back on I had power steering again. I am afraid to drive this car at this point and a little upset that I may be paying to have this repair when clearly this is an issue gm as recalled other models and years but not mine.
steering locks up not good I drive from a wheelchair
bs, I got 32 mpg at steady 60mph on freeway stretch whils't checking gas/miles, car had 66k and was running real smooth...................al_gy
I bought car used with 100,000 miles, Interior is cheap for a car that cost this amount of money new, Its not leather its' pleather(plastic) my little dog slides like she is on glass on it. The GPS stinks, Now the good part, 38.5 miles per gallon on the freeway, and about 26 city, very nice stereo, handles great, I have the fold down seats, great for long cargo, sun shade in the back keeps car cool when I park it, the air condition is weird have yet to quite figure it out, it just not like most climate control units, blue tooth works great for the phone,can't figure why they put controls for the sun roof front and rear. But all in all a very nice car, paid 10,200 and could have done a lot worst. Oh did I mention its fast, the only car Mercedes makes that is faster, 0-60, is the AMG, and cost a lot more.
I've been relatively happy up until now. Car is starting to show the use of cheap materials as it ages, 140,000 miles. Replacing Air Bag "clock spring" today. The "tubing" that aligns the door frame is pulling away and I was told this is somewhat common on my age vehicle. $500 to replace.....sorry, but that's BS. Interior noise is bad and becomes horrible with back windows open. I've never had these types problems with Honda or Isuzu in the past....and will not be looking at Hyundai for future purchases at this point......
Have owned this Miata since 1999 when it had 30,000 miles on it. Ours has the fiberglass hardtop(best of both worlds). It has been a great little car with few problems. Have replaced the radiator, AC/drier and compressor, and seat covers. The biggest problem we had was squeeling brakes. After 3 brake jobs, we discovered to grease the hold down pins and, presto, no squeal. We have had it painted once and done 2 tune ups. Replaced water hoses, filters, battery, and tires. That's it! Now has 75,000 miles and running good still!
Nothing but issue after issue. Lights ,valve covers,radiator, water pump you name it.3 batteries in 4.5 years.Bought the car in 2010 with 36,00 miles on it. Great car when it isn't acting up. Problem is that it has repair issues all the time.
I absolutely love my car! That being said I have had several problems. Transmission went at 70,000 miles, the brakes are terrible, pulsating at high speeds. The rotors have been calibrated twice. Currently my car will shut off without warning when speed ls less than 20mph. The black paint on the steering wheel and the door arm rests is peeling. I have maintained my car well, but now is costing too much. I have enjoyed this car immensely but I think its time for a change.
Bought my 2000 Dakota in 2003 with 40000 miles on it. I do the maintenance at the recommended time. The transmission went at 56000miles and was rebuilt under the extended warranty. At 61000 miles the evaporater core went. Has 90000 miles on it now, original 3.9L engine still running strong. No rust on it. Will keep it till it quits.
260.000 miles on this commuter car,bought in 2010 with 81.000 miles on it. We are on the 3. turbo replacement, 1. one died at 120.000 2. one died at 220.000 miles.Replacement cost for both about 4,500$. Computer on steering rack died at 250.000, 2,500$ repair.Driver door wiring harness broke at 90.000 miles cost 500$.All in all it is sad the all the $$ we save in fuel have been spend on repairs that should not have had occurred. Our little 96 Vw Golf is still running strong with 250.000 miles on it.Never had those kinds of issues. It seems that the newer the model for VW the lower the quality of construction. It is disappointing because we thought we bought German quality engineering...
even though I'm buying a newer car I love this yacht. The only issues that needed to be improved on in this year are: window gears egr syste rear air bags. I have replaced the air bags with coilsprings, and am constantly cleaning my egr valve. Also do my own repair on window gears
bought 06 lucerne with 21k. had the car for 6 yrs. it was in the shop over 30 times with problem after problem. i spent over $12,000 on upkeep and repairs. this is a lemon. will never buy a buick again. this car is a money pit and completley un-reliable. problems included door lock solenoids, always vibrates, paint swirls, power window problem, ratttling noises in the right rear door, transmission lines rotting out twice, wheel bearings shot, front and rear suspencion, water pump, heating and cooling issue,clunking hard shift i the transmission at times, multiple brake problems, air bag problems with the sensores, door handles broke off, antenna broke off, window washer pump broke and on and on and on a real POS.
Ok--have been reading the reviews on the 2007 Toyota Corolla, and and now will give mine ! Bought the 2007 brand new, in less then 2 years the water pump went out (still under warranty, thank goodness) then in 2014 the water pump went out AGAIN !! Had to pay this time, not happy about it going out the second time. Well the AC is not working now.Would not recommend this car to anyone as I have only 56133 miles on it. Consumer reports give it a bad rating, sounds like Camry and Prieus is the best .
I have 64K miles on vehicle. Only 2 complaints. 1) Low beam Headlamps last about 30k miles guaranteed!! My biggest concern is both will go out at the same time. Have also replaced several bulbs in rear. 2) Inside Rear view mirror to big and difficult to see around for us taller folks. Other than a recall on puddle lights, I've got no other qualms..
I love my X-type. It is the best car I have ever had. I have high miles and my husband has been able to fix most problems. Parts are high, but I am keeping this car till it can't go anymore!
I love this car its the best ever. Don't take car well it won't take care of you. Purchased my 02 Maxima SE back in mid 2011 with 87k miles driven at least another 30,000 miles this car runs well. Paid off so I'm happy with this vehicle so beautiful in and out its more than in excellent condition planning drive for 200,000 miles has every available option on SE version got with Maxima loving it.
bought it new, it now has 230,000 miles. only changed the oil, transmission oil, brakes and tires. best car ever........forget the japanese and germans, get one if you still can. the other reviews are from the germans and japanese dealers.
After owning my Impala for about a month I am averaging 29 miles per gallon. The car runs well for me. Hard start in the Wisconsin winters though. Very smooth ride which is one of the reasons I picked the Impala. Lots of leg room even in the back seat for a tall person like myself 6'3". Interior contains cheap looking plastic which is fine for me but upsetting to others. Seats on the LS are cloth but you can get one with the front bench seat in the LS trim package. Another complaint is that there are no cup holders in the 2nd row. I wish the seats also folded down which these do not. It does however have a very large trunk to fit more groceries than you will need. Onstar is included for 3 months when buying so it gives you the chance to try it out. I like the turn by turn directions and the onstar application for remote starting/locking/unlocking/horn & lights. Not worth the 300+ per year onstar wants me to pay however. The engine temperature gauge goes up very quickly even in the winter which is very nice but it takes a while to heat the interior of the car because it is a large car. Steering is not the most responsive but I have been driving large vehicles for a long time so it seems normal to me. It is not a small car therefore it doesn't operate like a small car. Overall a very good car for the price and it gets what I consider decent fuel mileage for a large sedan.
I am the original owner of a 2004 Prius. I have 153000 miles on her. She has never left me stranded. It will be eleven years on the 15th of April. The electric water pump has been replaced three times under warranty. The headlamp leveling sensor has been replaced once and I am on my third set of tires. My windshield has been replaced three times. The front of my car has survived many hits from rocks, stones, bugs and God only knows what else. The paint is chipped but no rust what so ever. Would I buy another Prius? Sure I would, I love my car and will eventually get another newer Prius. But for now, I will continue to drive this one until I can't afford to drive it.
Well here we go I bought this car when i turned 18 thinking it would be awesome this is probably the worst mistake of my life im 21 now and i have had way to many problems one the head-gasket blew 900$ to fix 2 the water leaks in through the sun roof and in the trunk currently my trunk is flooded the back plastic peace the covers the licence plate blew off on my way to work one day costs 600$ for a new one the horn just died a few days ago part of the rear interior hangs down and wont go back in place the trunk hinges broke so now its heavy as hell and wont stay open the heat dosent really work at all the motor in the drivers seat died so now it cant move back in fourth the wood grain is starting to crack all around it goes through oil like its a race car it gets horrible radio reception theres a 40$ dollar piece that needs to be replaced regarding the thermostat the makes the check engine light come on and stay on whenever its below 50 degrees Fahrenheit but you need to pull out the entire engine to be able to get to it replace headlights or tailight bulbs is such a pain in the ass and way harder then it should be and now im getting tired of typing but thats about half of the problems ive had with this piece of junk car
I've owned my BMW 1994 325i convertible for four years it had 165,000 miles when I bought it. It had a few cosmetic issues, mostly plastic items,which is to be expected but the engine runs like a clock.I've been replacing parts as I can and now I am at a point where I am very happy. There is 184,000 miles on it now and a problem has started to occur periodically, the dashboard lights all come on and the speed and odometer needles will jump back and forth then the lights all go dark and the needoes drop to zero. All the while the car is running smooth just purring down the road.I love this car! My son will inherent this car when I die but the dash lights are a little aggravating. I hope it's an easy fix.
Bought my Mercedes in 2014, I didn't have it a month and transmission had to be replaced, the alternator, and now brake pads have to be replaced. This car is very expensive to have and I don't recommend anyone buying one because of the expense. I would suggest a Hyandi nice and dependable cars. be careful of the dealerships selling these cars nothing but CROOKS!!!
Love this car, I have owned many cars over the past 45 years.This one with the exception of a few small problems has been the best. 193,000 miles, still running strong,looking great, and getting compliments.no one believes the age and the comfort is beyond compare.I'm sold on M.B.
I own a 2002 Ext cab Silverado 2WD 4.3 L V6 Automatic. Fuel MPG averages 19 - 20 mpg combined. It has 235K original miles and still going strong. It stranded me one time, I had to replace the fuel pump. That was about 90K miles ago. The front rotors and pads were replaced 40K miles ago. My rear brake pads are still good. I Put in 2 batteries and I am on my 3rd set of tires. Transmission has been no problem. It has always had a weird engine/drive train vibration right before the gear shift at about 42mph when shifting up. Rarely, I mean rarely on the up or down shift, 2nd and 3rd gears, it will feel more like a clunk and slip than a vibration, but this is rare and it never happens predictably or repetitively. Again, trans is doing fine. No burnt tranny fluid or other signs of trouble. Wheel bearings are still good. My steering and front end have never needed repair or alignment, still as they were set at the factory. The suspension is original and still good. I have a cooling system leak but I can't find where it is leaking from? All of the hoses, radiator, fan and water pump are factory original and still good, I did put a new thermostat in it about 120K ago and changed out the coolant. All the belts, tensioners and pulleys are still good. The front engine seal is leaking oil pretty good, the pan and valve cover gaskets are seeping a little. I have to add a quart of full synthetic between my 5K mi routine oil changes, as needed, to keep it full. I run full synthetic 5W30 or 10W30 and a Delco P47 oil filter. NEVER used the shop's bulk oil or filters, I bring my own. I have one valve that will tap when starting cold, it taps for about 4 seconds then it stops. Been this way and consistent for a long time, does not seem to be getting worse so it may just be an anomaly, but I hate the sound. The AC works fine, never had any compressor issues or leaks. My left head lamp, low beam bulb seems to burn out every 15 months? The dash light that illuminates the heat/AC is out. The very back edge of the headliner is starting to pull away from the ceiling at the rear window. Overall, the truck has run reliably and has not been a money pit to maintain. It is not fancy or macho as pick ups go, but it is a reliable and trustworthy travel companion for a long distance commuter. If you find one for sale that has been cared for and driven gently, consider buying it.
Bought as a company car with 8,000 miles on it. Even after four accident repairs and 107,000 miles, the car is always reliable. Brakes, tires, oil and other normal wear and tear items fixed and changed as needed. Wish the SS was offered that year, as I love the look and turbo offered with them.
My 2004 Colorado has 169,000 miles. It has all types of electrical problems. From what I hear from other owners, General Motors has known about this issue since 2006 but has not done anything about it. I also have the AC blower problem. The driver side window will go down, but may not go up. I have a shortage in my front turn signal lights. My tie rods have to be replaced. When you put the truck in park, the passenger side door does not unlock as it should. Also the radio will not stop playing if you open the driver side door. It will only stop playing if you open the passenger door. The problem with the blower started at about 75,000 miles. The other problems started after 100,000. Also, if I turn the truck off and come back to start it within a few minutes it will hesitate and sometimes cut off when I start to move. Sometimes it has not started at all after sitting for just a few minutes even after the battery was replaced. Don't get me wrong, I like my truck but I think these are problems that GM needs to address.