Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

My 2004 Colorado has 169,000 miles. It has all types of electrical problems. From what I hear from other owners, General Motors has known about this issue since 2006 but has not done anything about it. I also have the AC blower problem. The driver side window will go down, but may not go up. I have a shortage in my front turn signal lights. My tie rods have to be replaced. When you put the truck in park, the passenger side door does not unlock as it should. Also the radio will not stop playing if you open the driver side door. It will only stop playing if you open the passenger door. The problem with the blower started at about 75,000 miles. The other problems started after 100,000. Also, if I turn the truck off and come back to start it within a few minutes it will hesitate and sometimes cut off when I start to move. Sometimes it has not started at all after sitting for just a few minutes even after the battery was replaced. Don't get me wrong, I like my truck but I think these are problems that GM needs to address.
Purchased new in 2006 and has handled beautifully during the time I've had it. several problems that are quite annoying but not critical to the operation of the car: Radio lights never work!!! I remember this issue from literally decades ago, Very surprised that the issue persists. so you have to guess the stations. Cup holders do not last long and the repair or replacement is ridiculously expensive, so no liquids in car since. engine wise the transmission had a slight knock every time I came to a full stop at around 75k, didn't think anything of it until it got worse at 100k when the transmission blew. looking at @$4000 to have a rebuilt transmission installed. not what I was expecting since the car has only been serviced by BMW and the maintenance has been kept religiosly. any repair regrettably is very expensive.
HI, I got my SUV since 2008 is been a really god suv not have any problems since, but lately know I have this: every two months I have to add 1 liter oil why I don´t know she just need it but not have smock or liken , the motor is clean alway, the brake as a regular used, radiator fixed 2 times in 4 years, my cooler doesen´t work they don´t know why the gas just go, but my last problem is the windows sudenly stop working all of them and whitout air well is hard haha well I check everything and not found the problem but I love this car even if I use to much gasoline
Overall our 2008 Aura has been a reliable, and smooth running car. It is a bit heavy but it rides nice. Just went over 90,000, and still running great. My only complaint's are, the interior cloth is bubbling on the forward posts, and the door locks don't work properly when it gets warm out? Other than that, no major issues at this point!
I had an 1985 Buick Le Sabre. With 55 K miles. I inherited some money, so I bought a new Buick Le Sabre. 2001 I do miss the old velour seats. That car could turn on a dime. Better than my new one. On the freeway it really went. How about those old bumper guards. I got rear ended at a stop light. No damage to my car. Hers just bounced off, of my car with front damage. Yes I had a back register wire break. I took it to be fixed. Way too money. So a friend fixed it for free. Just took off the door panel, put on a new register, and that was it. He showed me where the wire had broken. Other than that, I have no complaints. I am 83, and want a smaller car. This one is too big to park in parking lots.
I've had mine since new. My first Ram. Before this one was F250's only. I have 187000 miles on it with no drive train or other issues at all. Parts I've replaced: Brakes, U-joints, Updated K&N cold air system, updated exhaust system, 2" front end lift and front wheel bearings. Not bad for 10 years of driving.
2008 f250 superduty extended cab xlt 4x4 offroad, 5.4 engine,bought this truck less than a year ago,was great at first,superduty my ass,5.4 engine is totally inadequate for this truck,underpowered is an understatement,with its annoying engine tick on the right side of engine near the firewall,mechanic says its totally normal for the 5.4 triton engine,really!then had a windshield leak on the drivers side,only leaks with a very light rain and sitting still,drips off the grab bar onto the dash onto the a/c vent,it comes and goes.then it felt like engine hesitation when taking off,but discovered it was the left rear brake not releasing,today it stuck and smoke was rolling off the caliper and popping from the heat,parked it till i get the parts to fix it,i only wished i would have come here first before buying it and i never would have,should have kept my ram 1500 megacab
Have only had this car for two months and already hate it. The engine sucks having problems everyday that other Saturn ion owners have. I can't wait to get rid of it. The only thing I like is the interior.
Our 2008 Santa Fe was purchased Jan, 2012 used thru Carmaz Used Car Dealership with 62,000 miles. No coverage from Hyundai so opted for Carmax's Maxcare. Paid cash for vehicle and Carmax did their due diligence with background check on vehicle. Found nothing suspicious. First year we had nothing unusual and kept up with all maintenance and service. Second year and 75,000 it all started. We paid $18,327.58 drive off lot. At this time (March, 2015) we have spent $18,252.58 in service, repairs and maintenance on this money pit. Am addressing with Hyundai Motor America, but is a long, ridiculous process with more run arounds to break us down so we don't continue forward. Worst problem (of all the $9,753.42 that has actually been spent for odd repairs we have not experienced with any vehicles as a whole picture in our 40+ years of ownership)while I was driving, the PCM failed instantly. Lost everything and was miraculous to be entering our subdivision and not where I had been the prior hours...very high speed major highways in Houston. This has become a nightmare and we wanted to purchase a new Santa Fe, BUT if Hyundai cannot honor what they say as customers being their primary concern, we will get out of this somehow and into something else. NEVER try filing a complaint and hoping for action thru their Consumer Affairs Dept. We are at 6 weeks and barely getting any contact from them. Extremely disillusioned by this Company!
car has automatic transmission. For this reason, the starter is hidden under the exhaust manifold and burns out about every 25/30 thousand miles. At about 130.000 miles, hit a maintenance period in wear, with radiator replacement/starter replacement/water pump leakage/idle air control valve replacement. The on board computer can only be read by a VW/MB and BMW dealer. The car is a Mexico build and quality is not up to German standards. It is a 1992 VW Jetta GL and been in my family since new. My mother gave it to me in 1995 with a bit over 29000 miles on it. Within this time, I have always enjoyed it. One bit of advice that makes these cars sparkle, is to install size 195-60 14 over the standard tire. The other, is to install a front tower brace, this stiffens the pan and the improvement in handling is well worth the cost. It is a gas motor, but always have used 15-40 Shell motor oil. This protects from the Arizona desert heat, it uses about a quarter of a quart of oil every 3000 miles.
2006 Ford Fusion SEL 3.0, 6 spd auto. Today, the car turned 254,000 miles. The original engine, but the transmission was replaced at 190,000. Vehicle has power sun/moon roof, ATC air, but cloth seats. All in all, other than the common cheap inside door handles (rt side broke both inside and outside also), this is one fine automobile. This is only the second vehicle I've owned that has gone over 200k on the speedo. Both were Fords. I've never had a GM make it over 160k, or a Chrysler product over 180k before having major problems. Preventative maintenance is what it takes to keep these cars in perfect shape. If you forget to change the oil (fluids) at the right time, you might be creating a time bomb of repair costs down the road. Stay on top of your maintenance and your Fusion will drive until the wheels fall off. One of Ford's bright spots, along with the F150 (aluminum) and the Mustang since 05.
I bought 2008 Jeep Patriot 2.4Limited 2wd brand new. No major issues first 5 years at all and I was very happy. Last year I had to take my Jeep to dealer for leaking hose to CVT and throttle body needed to be cleaned, this cost me around $1000. This year after fueling and turned the key, all went black and car wouldn't start. Now the jeep is in dealer for 2 weeks and still no resolution. First they said the starter is bad, then burned wire, then main fuse box, now something with computer but still have no car or information when it will be fix or even what it is. It was my only new car and I think it'll be my last. But in conclusion, being a patriot and trying to buy US product don't pay off. I will go back to more reliable car made overseas. Hope that Jeep manufacture can sleep good at night.
Bought my 2003 VW Beatle Turbo S in 2008 (automatic) with 19,000 miles on it from a Honda dealer no less! I am fanatical about maintenance on any car I have owned. I do regular oil changes and have followed the dealer's maintenance schedule all these years. I did have the timing belt and water pump replaced on schedule ($3,000, whew!). Two or three recalls for parts replacement under warranty. I now have 80,000 miles and no major problems. Tires, brakes and timing belts are all normal maintenance in my book. Hopefully, she keeps on truckin'! My biggest concern is having the turbo fail, as all mechanics have told me that turbo on any car will fail before any major engine component.
What a piece of shit will never buy another ford again. JUNK
I really love my 1999 signature series Lincoln Town Car 5 years I have had this one this is my third one I spent $3,800 total I plan on running this for a few more years and then I will look for a signature L maybe in 2011 because not making them anymore truthfully I cannot see myself not having a town car in my life I recommend before getting one do your homework and check your car faxes make sure it's from a reputable company they will last highway miles a great in my city it's fair would like a little better but I use it when I need to use it's Hollywood white and is really pretty car awesome right I have it set up baby limousine styleI wish I could post a picture
extremely happy with my VR6 CC 2013
I researched and rented 8 different cars before deciding on this one. My first brand new car ever purchased. I'm disappointed that all materials read on this car were just fluff. My prior car was a Chrysler mini van. My CX-5 Grand Touring $29,950 front wheel drive, has inferior seals around the doors and windows. Up here in raining north that means when it rains for a day, 5 days later when you roll the window down and up there is still water in the door and the window drags it up. I suspect a giant mold problem. I started keeping it in the garage. The inside door frame collects huge amounts of water, dirt and mud. Constantly wiping it down. Heated seats, not so heated. Can't see out of side of windshield. The bar is too wide and angled. Have to take those right and left hand turns slow as I have almost hit a pedestrian more than once. Really bad up here on a rainy day. Windshield cracked almost immediately. Had noticed what appeared to be water leaking down the inside of the windshield but thought no, that can't be happening. Windshield cracked again 4 weeks later. Refuse to replace it again. Rear view camera fogs, but more importantly has a blind spot. super easy to back into another car if you are angling in. Don't rely on that camera, keep checking your mirrors. Side mirror warning if too close to cars? I notice it's not beeping at all these days so I have to take the car in and get it checked out. Never again will I buy a car without gigantic windows. I want to see what I'm going to run into or run over. So far brakes are ok but occasionally make a weird noise. Drive train thunks occasionally, won't shift down, stays at high RPM's when it doesn't have to. TomTom. Geez good luck. North points south, have to use a lot of opposite side brain to figure it out. Use my phone now. Have to manually change channels on radio. Engine is super slow to accelerate. Not an uncommon problem. Heating:never warm in the right spots, always cold feet, takes foreverrrrrrr to warm up inside. If you have recirculating air on, windshield is foggy, and air conditioner stinks. My daughter hates riding in the car says smell gives her a headache. Suspension: Wow, the change from the Chrysler to the Mazda was bone jarring. Really thought I would get used to it but can't. Road noise, forget about using your fancy bluetooth hands free phone speaker. Road noise is so loud. I have to blast the music (Bose Speakers? I don't think so) to drowned it out. Super disappointed that I spent so much time researching this car and waiting for it to come out. I am wondering if this is a tsunami car. Owned it for 30 months, going to pay it off and dump it.
ask about the windows and the ball joints and the oil leaks
I bought used with about 40,000 mi. I know you're all having coil trouble and you keep paying for coil replacement. I have what sounds like the same trouble about every 4000-8000 miles. I've just been changing the plugs and that seems to do the trick. There must be a deeper problem that's causing the issue. If anyone knows more, please let me know. The only other problem is that the spring to help the gasoline door to pop open when you pull the lever is missing so sometimes it won't open unless you help it. I do everything I can to get good fuel mileage. In the cold Minnesota winter, I get from 25-30 mpg. In the summer, I get about 27-36.
I love my HHR, had 3 Miles on when I got it. 2 years ago there was a lot of water inside my car, they said it was the Airconditioner flap, bang $600. My inside light (like a lot of owners) never did work. Now its in the Shop again. Advanced Auto told me it is the crankshift sensor ($39) oh ok I thought, they told me see a dealer. went to the Dealer the car is with them now 3 days and they told me it is Crankshift itself not the sensor, so from 39$ to about $ 1000 big difference, the thing is I do NOT have any problems with my car, the check engine light came on that was it. Do they rip off a grandma or could it really be? they told me it is one of the common failure with the HHR, is it? But I love my HHR.
I love these cars, I have owned 6. I have a 2000 executive and before this i had a 2000 signature. Ive learned alot about them..grease grease grease!. Ford wasnt clever with the front ends, no grease fittings. I have learned to grease everything on the whole front steering/suspension system, bushings..everything. If not, you get all the typical creeks and things wear out alot faster. Change the antifreeze and flush the system every year..otherwise youll be in for a huge labor job with having the heater core replaced..and any little mistakes and u might end up with your heat/ac stuck on high. the wet floors arent always the heater core, and ive never had the moonroof leaks..but the gasket under the hood up near the windshield can cause wet floors. also the doors get filled with gunk..take out the plugs, otherwise your electrical stuff...window motors..can short out when the doors fill with water lol. only replace balljoints with ones that have grease fittings. I love my towncars, and wouldnt drive anything else. They run great, keep the oil clean and you can easily get 500k miles. oh did i mention some little tranny issue..they sometimes jerk or buck ..as long as your fluid level is right..its fine.a few more things, grease the tracks for the power seats, and sometimes the wire just needs a jiggle if seats wont work. If your rear air ride suspension goes..convert it to regular shocks..the cars sit higher in the back, look nicer and i dont think it rides any different.
Bought one brand New in 2001 Have driven accross country twice. 120,000 miles and going strong. Replaced Tires, Brakes and a clutch.Thats it The clutch was at 100,000 miles.With regular oil changes every 3000 miles this was the most reliable car I ever had for under $10,000. You can't beat the price.
Serious problems with the transmission. Hard shifting from day one in between 4 down to 3 and sometimes other gears. Ongoing hesitation, partial stalling, and jerky starts when started from standing still. The car has 2500 miles on it and the MBUSA and the local dealer still cannot find what is wrong with the car. This is as if enough testing was done by AMG or MB and the car was released with these drive train problems. The problem is not disclosed to the potential buyers.
Bought my 07 Trailblazer in Oct of 2013 from a local used lot. No warranty of course. Seemed O.k. but I found out when the weather got cold that the rear defroster didn't work and the rear washer doesn't spray the window, it leaks out the bottom of the tailgate. Radio and/or speakers are shorting out. 1 works most of the time others go in and out, sometime all are nothing but a slight mumbling at full blast. My gas gauge goes to empty after about 88 miles, this just started happening in the last 2 months. Other than these issues it drives fine, goes in the snow great, me and wife both drive over 50 miles to work in a day, so love it for that.
overall I've been satisfied with my tracker. it's simple and easy to work on. so far, after 2 years I have only had to buy a battery and tires. in some places the paint is coming off.normal.
We purchased our 2006 Sebring Convertible (V6) with 9,000 miles on it at 1 year old for my wife. It was a ex-rental car. I have to say that until this past year we did not owe the car anything. Other than a hinge on the driver's door, it needed no repairs other than brakes, and regular services. The troubles all started at about 80,000 miles (right after the extended warranty ended). The horn was first with that crazy on-off whenever it felt like it problem, so I disconnected the horn. Odd to not have a horn but it has not been a concern (we do not have safety inspections here).The coolant system was next with the housing breaking causing an overheated condition. The hinge problem has come back also. Alternator went once. Brakes have been done again (regular pad/rotor change out). We noticed this past week that one of the radiator fans is running very rough causing a vibration noise. That will need to be changed when it dies. We are now about ready to have the 100,000 mile work done with engine tuneup, transmission service, inside engine cleaning, etc. Oil changes have been done at 3,000-5,000 intervals. Overall a good car as far as cost of ownership. Cars will last if you take care of them.
Had my 2005 Mustang 3.0 v6 Convertible since March 2006. Had 23K when purchased, BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED. Now it's 10 years old and 117K and still looks and drives like a new car. Yes.....only use synthetic oil, treat it like a baby and rarely do I go somewhere with or without the top down - receive compliments. Just sayin'- still love the Retro look of 2005. It's a keeper.
I got this car 4/2005 @ 25000 mi. driven mostly on highway, performance was excellent. 17-19/city;25+hwy. love my land boat. I've replaced cat conver.& hdlight module. other than that normal maint. I'm having problems with rear brakes sticking, having that looked at now. 126000 and climbing!!!
Owned since new. Great car. Have 171k miles on it. Have replaced struts all around, engine and transmission mounts, and alternator. Front wheel bearings are making a bit of noise and will get replaced this week. Great in snow. Plan to drive it until it hits 300k and then give to one of the grandkids.
1 Bad ASS truck, 160,000. Best for the money.