Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

I'm just giving a run down of most of the service I've had done to my '07 V6 Camry (which I bought new) to show how expensive it has been to keep it running properly. I really didn't think I'd have this many problems. I've previously owned 2 other Camry's and did not have this many issues.

118,000 - both alternator ($740) AND water pump need replacing (pump not replaced yet)
115,000 - replace 19 lugs nuts because they were "swollen and tough to get off" according to the Toyo dealer ($66)
103,000 - replaced rear disc rotors and pads ($420)
98,000 - replaced cabin air filter AGAIN ($50)
92,000 - replaced hood latch ($206)
91,000 - replaced front disc pads and resurfaced rotors ($325)
85,000 - replaced cabin air filter ($68)
61,000 - replaced positive battery terminal, rear brake pads, resurfaced rear rotors, replaced steering shaft ($700)
61,000 - 60,000 mile service ($490)
15,000 - 15,000 mile service ($260)
I bought my 2006 HHR new in May 2005. It's served as a first car for two teenage sons. They each drove it pretty hard. It is still a daily driver for my wife and another son. Currently it has 250,000 miles on it and starts and runs well. In the past 11 years I replaced the front rotors 2x, the battery once, the starter 2x and replaced the cheap plastic door handle once. Overall the car has been excellent.
A 22yr old car with 75.000 miles - At this mileage car developed a continual surge when restarted warm and when put into drive engine would quit. Problem was a partially clogged throttle body air screen. Signal flasher unit quit -parking brake release cable broke - -fuel gauge sending unit failed - horn button surface partially broke - color coat on steering wheel rim wore off - muffler rust perforated - tail pipe from cat to muffler rust perforated- oil pump dive spindle O-ring failed creating minor oil leak. Pros- ride quality - smooth and positive shifting trans - body/interior build quality - brakes - A/C unit. Cons - known problems with oil pump spindle O-ring leakage , lower intake manifold gasket failure. fuel gauge sending unit failure - front seats lack lateral support -drum brakes on rear wheels- mediocre handling. Car now has 82.000 miles with all problems fixed
19.9 mpg until Bush wanted Corn Whiskey in the gas. Then it was 18 from then on.
The gold paint decided to FADE on every piece of plastic around the car all at once.
Tried fuel cleaner and my fuel gauge started screwing up after that.
Putting the car in 4x4 mode would make it extremely hard to turn on street.

Our transmission failed repeatedly from a faulty ECM that was shorting a wire to a HOT firewall that caused 2nd & 3rd gears to shear. That cost $1500 and several trips to the Tranny shop and over two months in the Kia shop previously because Kia couldn't FIX ANYTHING that was causing strange transmission faults... that DIDN'T show up on the computer! There was later a recall on it that Kia refused to tell customers, as I had to ASK them to check on it personally since it was happening for so long, I figured it HAD to have been figured out by then! It wasn't in the computer at the dealer! They had...

Then some kind of debris in the passenger valve cover (completely sealed from inspection, sensors, or correction) blocked the oil return ports and that valve cover retained 4 quarts of oil (for over 3 hours) causing "catastrophic engine failure".

WARNING!!!! Check your oil in this car every month and make sure it's clean as a whistle...

One of the problems with the tranny was strange shifting between 2 & 3rd gears, and it would also LOCK in 5th gear at times.

The Key/ignition was transferred into the Sorento from a faulty car ignition, and mine had to be fixed too.
The electrical to the moon roof stalled open in a rainstorm.
This SUV was #1 in Con-Sumer Rept's for 2004.
Not a good Idea to but a 2005, they changed the tranny, electrical, ignition...

Can anyone help, my xj6 was sitting for three months, everything was working good when parked. when I started it I could not get out of park I pushed on lever by the gearshift and got out of park. But now since I did that tranny is in limpmode, can't figure out how to get out of limpmode. HELP.......
Not very good at engine broke down its a 2.4 litter at 140.000 miles
For the record....BEWARE!!! We purchased this LEMON OF a car in 2013. It was out of commission for 2 stinking years, beginning 2 months after purchase. Engine problems...seriously dangerous...just plunking out in the middle of busy traffic. Out mechanic tinkered with it for 1 year plus....he had a stroke. To another friend mechanic...he had another Santa Fe pulled apart...piece by piece...mirrored our problem. Thought it was fixed...today it dies in traffic. AGAIN. POS....Money pit!!! Someone working on third shift, and drunk put this LEMON together...NEVER EVER WANT TO LOOK A A HYUNDAI EVER AGAIN.
the front seat heating system keeps, overheating other than that I haven't had any major nor minor problems with it.
the only down fault is that the vin number doesn't seem to show up in the American system, since I bought it while on active duty in Germany . I'm now retired and it was very hard for me to get any warranty work on it.
nice car, very comfortable and reliable.
I may had missed a few recalls , if anybody can tell me how to go back and have that check out even-though the bin number doesn't appears in the American system please let me know. thank you.
I have a 2010 Subaru Outback 2.5 with 32,000 miles that I bought used in 2012. Four years later I now have less than 52,000 miles on it. After going to the shop 4 times for chugging on acceleration and the CEL on, I am told I need a new transmission. The dealership at first quoted $10,000 for a new transmission and labor, but I think they are now down to $7,300. Subaru will give me $1,000 for good will, but that seems a lot to me for a car that I paid $23,000 for and only drove for 20k miles. I am a woman who knows nothing about cars. Is a dealership the best option? (My last car was a Rav4 I bought 5 years old with 50k miles on it that I paid $8,000 for. I drove it 8 years then sold it for $6,000. That was a good car!) Help!
My car stop while sitting waiting for a train to pass i pushed in the lighter wated for it to pop out then the car made a thump and quit.Now the dash light up when you turn the ignition key on but it want do anything what should i do or check?
I bought my 2004 V6 2.7 in 2011 at 80,000 mi. It now has 167,700. Not positive if I am the second owner. I love my Santa Fe and will purchase a newer model when I'm done with this one. I have maintained regular maintenance and up till now no serious . Only issue was tail light burninig out frequently. It appears to have had some body work before only noticed when i took the light off to replace the bulb. Light compartment itself seems to not seal properly and will hold water after a hard rain or car washing. Now the radiator has a leak and seems the fan doesn't kick on. But other than that I replaced the ac condensor at 135,000 and berings at 166,000. Still the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Great gas mileage. Definitely plan to be a Santa fe driver for a long time.
Had to replace wheel sensor for stabiltrack at 3000 miles not covered under warranty! &725.32 and same problem showed up at 40000 miles, not replacing this time!!!!

$10.00 Quart of oil every 1000 miles, Chevy replaced 1 (ONE) piston, gasket and timing chain!

Runs worse then before, idles at 500 rpm and has no get up and go,,, funny still has the same problem!

I will NEVER buy another Chevy again!!!!!!!! Am now trading it in for a foreign made car~
At around 40,000 miles everything started falling apart. Moisture accumulated in the headlamp area, causing me to have to replace the bulbs every year. Have to replace at dealer because entire grill has to come off to replace. Cost of approx. $75.00 per bulb. Mirror covers on both visors broke off within the first couple of years (I do not have any small children, broke just by opening them). Leather seats ripped on side of both driver's and passenger's seats. Turn signal lever broke at around 60,000 miles. Electric door locks started going at around 50,000 miles, first driver's side, now rear and front passenger sides both out. Cost to replace approx. $375 each. 85,000 miles the heater started smelling and pushing steam into the vehicle. Steam coming through all vents. Service stabilizer light came on around 70,000 miles and went off next day. Came back on a couple of times a few months part. Check engine light then came on. Had to replace EGR valve. So far service stabilizer light has stayed off but it has only been one week. The air conditioning does not stay on when you shut the car off. When you turn the car on, you always have to turn air back on. This was my FIRST and will be my ONLY GM vehicle. I had a Ford Expedition with 226,000 miles on it that I didn't have nearly the trouble with. My Equinox only has 95,000 miles, but like I said, the trouble started around 40,000 miles, except moisture in headlamps, that started almost right away. I did ask GM to repair because I have seen several others with the moisture and it seems to be a defect, but they refused.
I purchased my 2005 Buick Le Sabre Custom with 22873 miles. She is like new and has been kept in the garage since new. The previous owner just turned 90 and now lives in an assisted living facility. I replaced both Low Beams lamps with new ones since one was burnt out. I've read that you should replace both bulbs for the same brightness. I am having the transmission flushed and replaced with synthetic transmission fluid and filter with a very reputable Trans shop. I've read the transmission should be serviced at 40K, but feel quite good at doing at ten years old, @ 23K miles. I never thought that I would be buying this car, but really, a little ole lady who drove it to church, groceries, and to get her hair done on Thursdays??? We consider her the "Donna Reed" of our little city here in Windcrest Texas, adjacent to San Antonio. I had no idea where the battery was or how to change the headlight bulbs, but thanks to "You tube", it all worked out great. I removed the headlight fixtures rather than scaring up my hands and besides, there's no way in hell, you can keep your hands of that bulb, trying to wiggle it back in. It took a #10 metric socket and I removed both bolts in less than a minute. Thank you "You Tube". I bought a case of 12, "Wix" oil filters for less than 50 dollars (That's less than $5 each) delivered to my door! I purchased Mobile 1 Synthetic at Costco, 5w30, on sale for $26 for 6 quarts. (I don't buy until it’s on sale, and it always goes on sale) I've researched and feel confident “Wix” oil filters are the best at filtering and best oil flow. I found the cabin air filter under the hood, thanks to You Tube! I ordered one from Amazon and it will be here in two days! I got a great deal on this car, and after reading all of your reviews, I feel even greater and am thankful to learn about everyone's experiences. I pumped gas in my teens, changed oil, and have done about 100 brake jobs before joining the Air Force, back in 1972. So, I am probably a little more experienced at working on auto’s, but things have changed and I’m not familiar with all of the new technology, but I do enjoy taking care of the maintenance I can do, because I know it will be done right. Stay tuned!
I have owned my 06' C230 Sport V6 model for over 8 years(10yrs old now) it only has 63,000 miles April 2016. I love this car, I picked it up used for 19,700 with 21k miles in 2008, bought an extended warranty 75k/5yrs for 1800.00 total. Great deal, this car is amazing!!
It has lots of pep! for a little 2.5 liter V6@201hp@6200rpm(the pistons must be tiny)! Has the 7 speed automatic transmission with Sport or Custom shift options, every available option including: 12 speaker Harmon Kardon speakers/stereo with 6 Disc changer in glove box, moon-roof, rear window roll up tint, heated and electric seats!
I've had only a few problems with it requiring maintenance, replaced the alternator/generator, master cylinder went bad at 42k, these were covered in my extended warranty 100%.
Recently, I had some front suspension work done, ball joints, lower control arm links, new tower struts, etc. I've done couple B maintenance's, trasnmission fluid service and 2x A maintenance's, front/rear brakes once. I always had the dealer do all the service. Great car, very reliable! I'm a Lyft driver and having a great handling car is a must. I hate to trade it in with such low miles but the 2015 C250 is calling my name!
I love my '09 GT. Of course, it has had a couple of issues, like a mysterous buzzing in the rear. I figured out that it was the trunk tension springs. I fixed the problem with felt spacers. I love the sound of this car. This is the fourth GT I've had and have loved them all. All had minor problems, but so has every car I have ever owned regardless of marque.
Unless I hit the lottery, I will likely always own a Mustang GT.

I have a 01 Ford Windstar with a 190,000 miles AC still blows ice cold and I live in Michigan where they use tons of salt don't know what else you could ask for from a van been great to me replaced in the last hundred thousand miles only the alternator brakes and front end suspension nothing out of the ordinary
I have never owned a car with this many problems. Have had an oil leak repaired x4 and is still leaking. Had transmission and transfer case replaced. We were told we were lucky the transmission made it to 140,000 miles because they usually go out every 100,00 miles. The electrical is awful. The doors lock on there own. I've been locked out x3 and one time I had to wait 2 hrs for a tow truck to unlock the car, it was running the whole time. The head lights keep going out, the dash lights are out, and most of the time the back lift door will not unlock. Just wonder why they do not have more recalls on this car.
Bought my truck from a family member who owned it for 15 years. As soon as I bought it, it had a few problems, but I put about $700 or so into it and it's been running great ever since. Love my truck and I'm super glad I bought it.
Welp ladies and gents after reading all of the reviews I felt compelled to share. I purchased 2012 Volkswagon CC with 29k miles..,certified pre owned. Everything seemed to going well with the car until the tires started feathering and making noise. Swapped them out for another set of continental tires and the problem still existed. Finally purchased versado noir tires for this vehicle and they are simply amazing!!! No road noise. Etc etc.. Now on to what drove me to write this review. Engine misfire. Initially my mechanic thought it was the spark plugs so I swapped out all 4 thinking it solve the issue. Not a chance. Check engine light back on within a week. Fuel injector failure.....Cylinder #3. Warranty Repair covered up to 120k miles. Dealer only replaced 1 but one would think they would have replaced all 4 injectors instead of 1 considering this is the common complaint on the CC. In addition. The dealer recommended a carbon clean to the tune of $450....why? If the warranty cover this cost to replace the injector why jack up the price when you already have the manifold out of the car!!!!! Wtf, I declined the due to cost and feeling taken advantage of. BIG mistake.... Two weeks later check engine light back on and as soon as I walk in they said. "See I told you get the injectors cleaned but now it's going cost you 1k for the repair versus the original $450 we quoted. Not willing to accept defeat and the new found expensive price I reached out to Vw customer customer and they and became my advocate to help me negotiate a much cheaper price. Final cost $300 plus the my original diagnostic investment. Overall, from what I've read I don't think Ive experienced that last of misfires and check engine light. I'm seriously Considering walking away before my car reaches 60k miles. Moral of this story if your think the dealer is treating you unfairly report them Vw customer care and let them fight your battles. Btw, did I mention I've had to replace multiple headlight and trunk bulbs....ugh.b lol

If anyone reads this review pls take heed to the comments and consider buying a different vehicle. Might save you stress, anxiety and money in the long run over misfire repairs.
I purchased my Kia Sephia in 2000, it had 11 miles on it and the only problems I had were it had not been line up when pulled from the truck, fixed for free. In 2011 my car broke down and right in front of my house, thank God.
had to replace the motor mounts and the water house. I am still driving my Kia the paint still looks good. I made a very good choice when I choose my Kia, it now has over 170,000 miles and still going. LOVE MY CAR!
I recently purchased a 2008 GTI and could not be any happier with its performance. Decent fuel effeciency is not sacrificed by having a turbocharged engine. I can get where I need to go both quickly and economically. Of course, it is also a good-looking car, with many standard features lacking on comparable vehicles. Anyone who wants a smooth, sexy ride that is fast and fun, yet still quite utilitarian should consider acquiring a GTI.
Have a 2006 sorento it runs great go to shift it out of park and no matter what gear it goes on it wont matter wont move whats the problem has 180000 miles on it check engine is on what do i do
I have owned my 06 exl with nav for 3 years. It's been a great car. I do make sure to flush transmission fluid every 5k miles just to be on the safe side. It is generally reliable. I have replaced the power steering hose and an o-ring and rear brake rotors as well as front pads/rotors. Nothing major. Will definitely consider buying another Accord.
I hate this damn vehicle I would rather push my 26 year old ford oh that's right its never left me along side the road less the time I let it run out of fuel
This car has cost me out the *** !! The IACV and ECM for starters...didnt know they both needed to be placed at the same time so I had to replace twice...myself...then you have to do the reprogramming ...now the cats...which have 3...very expensive ...cant seem to get anywhere with this Sh**box..I hate driving it !!
found out i had multiple issuses. two ground wires broken. coil broke inside. now running fine.
I have owned my Sable LS Premium for 11 years, bought it used with 11,000 miles on it. I've hardly had any problems with the car. I had to replace the transmission position sensor on top of transmission, cheap repair. Had to replace ac clutch and pulley last summer. Replaced engine and transmission gaskets due to some slight leaking. The brakes were original to the car and lasted 75,000 miles and still weren't worn down completely but changed them anyway. It now has almost 78,000 miles on it and still drives very strong and is a very dependable car and always has been. I have no complaints whatsoever about my sable!!!
I've had the vehicle for six months. It just went through its first inspection and it only needed tie rods. I consistently have check engine light issues with the gas cap and others that I am unaware of however the truck runs great. I recently installed an "innovative" power performance chip and you can definitely feel the boost . Has anyone installed a performance air intake system, if so is it worth it.
Semper Fi
Paid cash for my 94 base cab 2x4 the day after Christmas in 1993, so it was fresh! Has served me well for the last 23 years or so. Odometer now reads over 240k . I've got the 22re. 5 speed manual. Custom shell installed just after I bought it. It came bare: no ps, no pb, no air, no radio, no cigarette lighter. One belt on the engine to deal with--for the alternator. I have gotten up to 45 mpg at times. Somebody asked me the other day if I wanted to sell it. I said sure......for 20k dollars! My little Toyota will probably outlive me and I hope it does.

Maintenance during that time? On my fourth battery. Fourth set of tires. Had the radiator replaced. New front rotors at 200k. Changed the timing chain for the first time at 200k. I have personally changed the oil every 3000 miles. Today it runs like new.