Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

We bought the car new and it now has 205,000 miles on it. Aside from regular maintenance we replaces the air conditioning condenser at about 150,000 mile. The car is in the shop now for a wheel bearing replacement and a leak at the valve cover. I am having the valves adjusted since the cover will already be off. There is a slight leak in the power steering but the quoted cost for fixing this is very expensive. I expect to get a second opinion and quote. All in all we are very pleased with the Highlander. The interior is in excellent condition and aside from a few dings the outside is in good shape as well. We expect to drive it to (or past) 300,000 miles.
2007 Dodge Nitro R/T....Paid 28K cash Great car? Whaaaaaat? I bought my Nitro the introductory year 2007, biggest mistake I have ever made. How many recalls issued on this vehicle in 4 frickin' years? 12? How is it not considered a lemon? I brought my car to the dealership for an oil change and some recall repairs...They replaced the wiper motors and resealed the roof rack....4 weeks later the engine blew.....The filter they put on the car was defective plus there was no gasket when then ruptured filter was removed. They replaced the engine under warranty, that was good....However, I had to return the car 4 times becuz while in operation, the engine would quit and the electrical system would fail...No power steering and no brakes, great in a Chicago winter. This all becuz of bad computers, 4 of them. Then the wipers failed with their new motors....The roof rack seal is not only gone, but the rack is cracked in 3 places....I don't use it!!!!!!!! I have three windows I cannot lower becuz the motors have failed, the drivers side door handle has broken, the emergency brake engages in cold weather and etc, etc......So many problems with this car, I have returned to the dealership multiple times for repairs, only to have the issue arise again....The Nitro was a piece of JUNK!!!!!!! I paid cash and wish I could afford to get rid of it now....I seriously hate this car and it's worth nothing at trade in....Less than 3 years after buying the car, it was only worth 5k at the dealership....Dodge knew they built a POS!!!!!! Why only run it 4 years???
Overall I really like my SUV. Has 140,200 miles. I am second owner with 27,000 miles. Spent money on the brakes. But now my problem is the lights. The automatic running lights will not turn off at times. Some time the dome lights will stay on and sometimes the lights won't come on. The Repair I use said that they can fix it but this problem has to be done at the Dealership. So, I am trying to find out the cost. I hope to drive it a few more years.
I wrote a review awhile back with my 1990 model. Bought my '15 Limited two months later their no words expressing but WAY TO GO HYUNDAI!!! Just love this car definitely worth excellent value than most vehicles I have put 4,000 miles on it already very careful since more top of the line with great options ever in its class. Its more technology with everything even available panoramic moon roof am getting 35 mpg lots of room very smooth on rough Indianapolis roads includes blind spot warning its too much of a car. I still have my 1990 use as a daily commute at times but really love my '15 Sonata its a great car ever no problems with a thing. Overall glad bought this car was worth $$$ spending getting this new Sonata hope rubs 350,000 miles like my 1990 did but has almost 372,000 miles without breaking down. HYUNDAI RULES!!!
I brought my 2005 ford explorer love it until at 50,000 had to buy tires, brakes, alternator, fix the auto seat on driver side and now I have that famous crack on the back of the hitch and sat 80,000 I just replaced the transmission. I brought 2 new vehicles from ford in 2005 and I don't think I will buy anything else from them. My 2005 F-150 truck has had a lot of parts replaced and repaired and it has about the same amount of miles on it. Ford you have lost a repeat customer. NEVER NEVER again Ford you SUCK
Currently have 185k miles on my 2WD,2.3L. 5 spd stick, standard cab Ford Ranger. Had 136 k on it in 2013 and drove from WA State to Deadhorse,AK (5 miles from the Arctic Ocean) and back. At Tok Junction ,AK drove onto the scales at 5180 GVW. Got 29.5 MPG from Fairbanks to Seattle ! Ford needs to start building these again.
My Transmission is going out, I have talked to several people that have had the same problem, I love my car but I think a weakness is in the transmission of these cars.
Van is a cash cow seems to be in shop every other week. Engine mounts are the newest problem with van. Brakes and rotors have been replaced 3 times within one year. Passenger sliding door clips all broke causing door panel to fall off. Drivers side door lock broke. Van no longer beeps when using key throb and change key throb numerous times. Heater makes a noise sounding as if a door is opening and closing. Van is very loud with rattling noises. Cup holders have broken off on passenger seats. Dash board light always shows tires are low and sensors have been replaced twice. Wear on tires very bad have replaced tires (not cheap tires) 2 within a year. Van engine is now getting stuck in gear causing engine to rev extremely bad making me think it is the transmission. So many little things that are not normal keep up on van. Very disappointed with van. Loved the look of van and the inside of van but extremely extremely disappointed with van in whole. Will never ever purchase a Nissan again
bought it new in 2008, the car is too heavy for the rotors so you find yourself replacing those a lot. power steering went out about 50,000 but thats a ele assist motor. replaced timing chains at 200,000 it now has 241,000 on it has some small issues going on with it, but I would not get rid of it
I bought it used in '00 now has 234,422 miles on original motor & tranny but had it shares up/down. Brakes, transmissions and oil problems. Just paid a good $245.00 on new parts for engine it smelled 1qt of oil but that's not it - I had to pay mechanic extra $233.76 for replacing whole new crankshaft kit well it almost broke me but will complain until now after putting lots of miles onto the engine its still original. Interior and power equipment are still working but I will buy another Dodge after got $$$ worth in this one. I still see lots of these around the mid south so means they are very dependable mines be reliable so far though later put expensive repairs until in 2010 but van is running strong for me.
Nothing to complain about on it. I am the original owner and current driver that purchased my 2010 Sebring Touring no other words expressing. The car is excellent on gas & never had one problem with anything. I've religiously taken very great cared of everything on my car still comfortable and its unique than ever I buy another Chrysler for sure but 5 years sent off last payment don't want to start if have too but absolutely thankful this car runs like the day drove off the lot at now has 86,000 miles.
Engine: Bought the 2004 FX35 used with 80,000 miles for $8000. 2 monthes later, the engine cut out while driving. Car started up after about 10 minutes, drove another 5 minutes, and the engine cut out once again. The repair shop diagnosed a faulty crankshaft sensor using the ECM even though the check engine light never came on. Electrical: Sunroof does not stop in the closed position (have to manually release button at exactly the right time to ensure seal). All the power door lock, window, and side mirror switches failed and replaced for $2000. Brakes: The front brakes make a terrible high-pitch squeal while backing up. Apparently this is "normal" adjuster noise. The brakes work very well otherwise, and do not squeal going forward. Comfort and Ride: The vehicle has many annoying blind spots and limited rear visibility compared to my Acura MDX. The stylish, triangular-shaped side mirrors do not help much because they taper right where it would have filled in the blind spots. The FX35 rides a lot stiffer feeling every little bit of road roughness as a jolt so the previously smooth roads (in my MDX) ride like a harsh kidney shaker in the FX35 even with the Yokohama Prada Spec-X tires. Steering is much heavier than my MDX and the steering radius is larger. If you like an ultra-stiff sportscar-like suspension feel and rumbling exhaust noise, then this is the sporty SUV for you. My MDX rides like a luxury sedan by comparison.
I love my Verano solid & comfortable it rides like a little luxury car gets 30 + MPG a great car for last 3 years. Loved interior dashboard and got On star system there is nice seat support plus car has four cylinders. Great on road trips very smooth on roads handles like a dream nice looking in & out its a great car.
I bought my Expedition in July 2001 has 305,452 miles. Never had problems except for brake wear plus had a light indicator on dashboard but mechanic fixed couple things as lasted for 16 years. Rides, drives and comfortable still peppy its probably better than newer Expeditions might be wrong - I absolutely love this SUV. Everything is great on this SUV very fast with lots of power have done on plenty of trips plus been through chains still very dependable. Did get routine stuff done after my 100,000 mile scheduled maintenance its working even engine and transmission are both still original. Overall I really have so much fun driving the Expedition though single its the best ever owned after owned few cars in the past Expedition is my favorite vehicle had.
I loved the look of this car & the power when I first got it. However now I have more to say negative & most are little things but they are super annoying some unsafe & add up ! The seats do wear fast. have to change brakes too frequently with just normal travel. Last year the back driver side brake had apparently got stuck, although I had no clue ( I just replaced them a 5 months before this )& had to replace the rotor as well, even though the other side was fine! Had the issue where they key wouldn't come out found out it was (small pc of plastic from the silver ring on the shifter button was broke off inside) not allowing it go fully go into park even though it said it was. Removed that & it released the key immediately. Front end squeaks especially when I turn. Door handles are garbage!! (inside)cracked & eventually broke. The driver door has never locked electronically. it is done manually, even after i replaced the broken door handle. Trunk sticks won't latch shut, you simply hit the unlock button on your key chain and then the trunk button & it will close. Also the lights on the radio screen are so dim I can't see it & sometimes the volume goes up & down a few k notches on its own! Now the wrench & engine light are coming on. Starts acting up not shifting no power after running for about half an hour & the fan kicks on. It does not read hot but After it cools down it will run fine again. Today it was so hot out it started acting up sooner so i shut it off & it wouldn't start. I'm seeing some owners say it is the throttle body so I'm having this checked out tomorrow. Thanks to all who have commented about this car as you have saved me money & stress a few times!
I love my 2000 Monte Carlo bought it in '02 now roughly got 235,245 miles. Oil always changed with 5w20 Synthetic and spark plugs serviced at 10,000 miles. The car is very reliable driven to California and Vegas the ride still solid and interior of car are like new. It has plenty of power love my Monte Carlo its a sporty car driving if Chevy brought back these cars again would buy another. Wouldn't sell or trade for nothing - ASAP its a good car than ever owned for me driving around town gets fully serviced at 5,000 miles.
Expensive to own and maintain. BMW can NOT build an interior that holds together to save its corporate life. Can't drive the car past the repair place without leaving it there for a couple of days and writing a check for $1,000+. Have owned three and this is the story on used BMWs. If you think you're smart about money don't get a used BMW. It will bleed you dry. The trick with BMWs is to buy NEW, then get rid of the car after two or three years before the problems start and the car gets expensive to own.
I purchase a 2007 lincoln mkx a month ago, im a lincoln fan for years so i fell into this lincoln mkx. the only thing that i don't like is that lincoln dont have a vent to let fresh air in and i have the awd its quick in accelleration but i hear clicking noise when i come to slow down.my 6 disc changer is common to jam and mine is,so i use my i pod so i do have music. my a/c work kinda crazy the drivers side blow warm air while the passenger side blows cold air. ive been working with it.
Best car I've ever owned. 215K miles @ 9 years old and have done little to it. Front brake pads first time @ 150K miles. Exhaust pipes @ 170K 1 Rear Shock blew at $165K (so replaced both). Catalytic converter code just came up at 212K miles and suspension is only now just sounding like it may need attention. Body is in great shape, no rust, and car lives outside in coastal CT. Still average 44-47 mpg. What more need be said?
This is the 3rd and LAST HONDA ACCORD that I will own. I feel in love with my husband's (then boyfriend), 1987 Accord Coupe, we married, had our first child and even after being flooded by Hurricane Floyd, had it repaired, with no problems and got over 240,000 miles. We wanted a Sedan, so I got a 2000 Accord...I drove it and got close to 290,000 miles BEFORE (drum roll), this 2008 Honda Accord. NOTHING BUT TROUBLE...from brakes, replacing headlights (which is a task in itself on this model), to my the VS system, which I was told was a timing chain, replaced the entire entire. I then find out there's a recall. So, $3000 later, I can't get it inspected because my dash is lit like a Christmas Tree and I've been told that I need a 1500.00 Internal Computer Module, AND this morning, it wouldn't crank AGAIN...The battery is good, the mechanic is saying its the starter, and that, because of the labor involved with taking the intake manifold off to replace the starter motor....
Auto purchased in 2002 (new) @ Banner Chevrolet and till this day have been having problems with the Steering Shaft Knuckle which had to be repaired on numerous occasions. Other than that, the vehicle is in excellent condition. I have 109,707 miles. Love it.
I love the look and style real comfy and drive s well ,BUT' I have had to have engine rebuilt at 73000 mile`s and still have the ABS LIGHT,STBILITRAK LIGHT AND ALL WHEEL DRIVE ,and the parking assit is allways coming on and now is sucking up anti-freeze I have only made 5 payments on this and drove it maybe 2 months s olid does not look like I can trust it
We purchased this van used less than a year ago. I did research so I had an idea of what to expect as far as hiccups in performance. I love this van, though the engine light coming on for the gas cap is annoying. Currently dealing with the ABS and Traction Control light and service message. Luckily, my father and brother can help me out with servicing and I can avoid costly repair fees.
I have an LT. The interior is leather. It has run perfectly for nearly 3 years, although I don't put high mileage on it. The only problem I've had is that I replaced the original intake with a cold-air intake and it wasn't mounted tightly enough. Be sure to follow the instructions as to shifting in and out of 4 Wheel Low. It is surprisingly nimble for so vast a vehicle. It is not as powerful, or at least it seems so, as older Suburbans; however, it's only a 327 c.i.d. so that's expectable.
I bought the car used one year ago. I started with 55K, now at 68k. It is an EX-L V6. I have not experienced the problems listed below; however, the prior owner may have lived through them. I change the oil every 5k miles. The only areas where this car could have been better include body integrity (rattles) and brake noise (the lining is fine - just noisy ~ which I have experienced with other cars). Based on thoughts below, I suppose time will tell.
I purchased my Chevy in 2014 with 96000 miles on it I've had a few issues with wiring in the fuse box under the hood now having issues with transmission not shifting in to 2nd gear I hear these trucks have a lot of wire problems
Bought a used 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ in December 2014. My Stabila track light comes on, then it hard shifts in 1st gear. Check engine light comes on now and then too. Have multiple sensors replaced, then the Camshaft sensor (1200.00), 4 weeks later it's doing it again. Now they want to replace the camshaft sprocket sensor for another $600. Burns a lot of oil too. We have no idea what is wrong with this truck. We are putting a lot of money into chasing down this problem. No idea what to do. Feel duped.
Cost to repair this car is more expense than the current price. many light in dashboard appear in my Prius 2007 with 84,000. According with the Tech repairs from Headquarter Toyota the ABS assembly was damage. to repair this piece of that car cost me more than US$3,600.00 Between other pieces to running again on this hybrid car I have to place US$4,900 in the table to fix. The current price for this car in the market is in average US$6,400.00. And Toyota USA never recognize to replace that ABS piece since they made other recalls on this cars on 2,012, year when I purchase this expensive car.....saving money on gas, but to repair is more money for Toyota???????
I have had my 2003 Sunfire since 2004, I bought it from Enterprise Car Rentals, I have had nothing major, my A/c Compressor went out in 2011 had it replaced, Breaks one or 2x's, runs fantastic, great gas millege 14mpg, my Power Window on passenger side has gone out 2x's once were both, now just passenger side motor. I am having the Crankshaft Seal replaced next week. Besides all these Transmission is very strong and I am very happy with it
I am the 3rd owner of this vehicle. It is a 2.5l 4cyl. so it has a weaker transmission and rear axle due to a low amount of power. had to replace whole rear end mechanically 4 years ago. Body/interior is fairy OK for it being 17 years old, but with the design it easily gets rock chips on the grill and windshield. Brakes have been great, only had to replace once in the 7 years I've owned it, mainly because it is so light and I don't hit the brakes hard. Electrical has been fine, just a short somewhere for my light above the spare-tire (not required so why put time and money into it). Engine has been great. I've developed an exhaust leak somewhere under the hood, which I didn't think I'd have to worry too much about getting because it's only a 4 cyl. heating is fine. suspension still stock, but recently developed a power steering leak, and it seems like it is both in high and low pressure areas, yet still gradual. Seeing if oil with stop leak will help.