Car Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from car owners like you.

2008 Ford Taurus
Top Rated Car
Displaying 31 - 60 of 14684 reviewsFilter
By on 12/27/17 | Toledo, OH
Excellent
The electrical system in my Chrysler 200 is giving me some problems, I purchased this car January 6, 2017; I shouldn't be suffering the issues I'm having with this autombile, it's not making any sense to me.
By on 12/23/17 | Morton Grove, IL
Total piece of junk. There should have been a class action lawsuit against Chrysler for all the rusting problems. Went to a junk yard and saw hundreds of these things all with the same rust issues. Brake lines rotted out, strut towers rotted out, gas filler necks rotted out, rocker panels and wheel wells rotted out. Total crap. I bought one from a friend. He bought it new in 1999. He paid $33,000 for it. He sold it to me for $300. I own a repair shop for over fifty years and have seen dozens and dozens of these minivans all with the same rot. Year doesn't matter. They are junk even into the 2010 model years. Why people buy these junks is beyond me. Also very poor design. The ABS controller is right behind the LF tire. Total bitch to get at. I cut holes in the floor to access it. With all the salt the brake lines on it rot out all the time. I could go on for hours.
By on 12/23/17 | Granville, OH
Excellent
2013 Ford Edge AWD with 36k miles.
PTU failure and Ford would not honor powertrain warranty repair because expiration of 3 business days before they found a defective transmission unit (even though problem reported a month ago). Please google "Ford AWD PTU problems" to see the numerous Ford models with this issue. Ford doesn't even have a technical bulletin for dealers to check this common problem when they are serviced,

MySync does not work very well with iPhone6 and very glitchy with voice commands. Dealer will not address this problem and suggests that I fix this on my own.

No more Ford cars ever again !!!
By on 12/21/17 | Chambersburg, PA
Love the Body and Interior of the vehicle, but this is truly the worst vehicle i have had. I am constantly spending money on repairs. Not that great on gas. The Driveshaft actually fell off the vehicle while driving it. This car has been so unreliable.
By on 12/21/17 | Chambersburg, PA
Love This Vehicle. Got a brand new one and still drive my Toyota Matrix daily. Have 300k + miles and all its ever required is oil changes and tire rotation. This car is an absolute pleasure. i was actually looking to buy the same vehicle. the gas mileage is amazing. I can fill up my tank with $30 and that usually last me 2 weeks and that's driving to work and picking up the kids from school everyday.
By on 12/18/17 | Allentown, PA
Hello everyone, im not here to write a review. im here to seek some help. I have this really nice looking Mazda 6, % speed manual transmission just sitting in my yard. family member of mine got wasnt patient enough to do the engine repair it needed so he just left it there. My question is if i should take on the fiancial responsibilities of the car and just repair it and if it would be worth it in the long run? The car runs but when its on idle or comes to a complete stop it starts shaking really bad then turns off a few other problems here and there but im unsure if i should fix it up and keep it myself. any recommendations?
By on 12/11/17 | Roy, WA
The reason the check the gas cap light keeps coming on or why the car smells like gas is because the fuel pressure line is probably leaking gas but only when the key is on n when u fix that issue then the smaller return hose will start to leak gas next. It's on the fuel pump assembly
By on 11/28/17 | Elmhurst, IL
I've just read all of the reviews that people have posted on the BMW X5. I'm on my fourth X5 and I must be the luckiest person int the world. I've purchased them brand new and used. The one I currently have is an '04 which had 163K miles on it when I purchased it 2 1/2 years ago, and it now has 185K miles on it.Since i purchased it, I've put on new tires, battery, windshield wipers, changed the oil, and had the AC recharged.
All of them have been the 3.0 model for 2 reasons; 1) the transmission that they have installed gives you plenty of acceleration with a 6 cylinder, and 2) every mechanic I have spoken to has told me NEVER to buy the 8 cylinder model used because the engine develops more torque than the transmission can handle for a vehicle that weighs almost 2.5 tons, which when beat on as many people think it's a sport SUV, will be inclined to do which results in transmission issues.
Another suggestion I have is that in this day and age, once your vehicle is off warranty, virtually any repair shop has the ability to work on these vehicles for a majority of maintenance issues. I would avoid going to the BMW dealer at all costs. I had a front blinker light go out, and the dealer wanted $300 to replace it, but when I took it to NTB, they charged me $5 to replace it when I had the tires replaced.
You can purchase a diagnostic device call Blue Driver for $99 that will be able to function as good if not better than most equipment that mechanics have. I had issues passing my emissions test in IL, I took it to a mechanic and he told me to take it to the dealer because his equipment couldn't sort it out. I took a chance and spent the $99. You plug it in to your emissions OB2 and install the software on your phone. It will give you the possible issues that you are dealing with in order of commonalty. It turned out that all I needed was a new air filter, and I passed my emissions test. It will also reset all of the service indicators once you have corrected them.
Another suggestion is to source your own parts on Amazon or Ebay. I can get an OEM set of rotors and brake pads made in the US for under $250 (all 4 wheels) and have the mechanic install them if they are legit, because they aren't concerned about hitting a home run off of you for parts. If you purchase one of these without a pre-inspection or a good Carmax record, you only have yourself to blame.
By on 11/25/17 | Bowling Green, KY
Purchased my 2002 Alero car 3 weeks ago used from a car lot. I love the sporty style of it n how it performs on the road. I did a review of it before I bought it. It had minor problems that I had fixed by my son. It needed an oil change which I had done. I love my car n very pleased customer so far.
By on 11/22/17 | San Jose, CA
Glad I found RepairPal as a website to express my experience with the cars I drive. I bought the 1995 Mazda 626 brand new, and while most of you will not buy the exact make and model, I truly think Mazda vehicles are not reliable as an auto manufacture.

Several years into it, with almost 50,000 miles, the car started shaking on the freeway. I didn't know what caused it, but a year later, the engine stopped working (with more than 75,000 miles). Each visit to the mechanic costed us more than just an oil change. I think overall, not including tires and oil changes, we spent over $4500 on all mechanical issues. We finally sold it to a mechanic, and bought a Camry instead. I once heard, "If you still see cars from the last decade with over 100,000 miles, you know that is a reliable brand." It is still true today. We see plenty of Honda, Toyota, and BMW from the early millennial.
By on 11/21/17 | Uncasville, CT
Excellent
As of Today's Date (11-21-17), My 2014 Sonata Hybrid (w Upgrade Pckg, Pan.Sunroof & GPS)....is Performing Well & as Expected @ 44,085 Miles. Since Purchase on May 5, 2015,(2 1/2 yrs), This Vehicle Has Saved me A lot of...($$$)Gas Money & I Have Only done Semi-Reg. Oil Changes with Synthetic Oil (Royal Purple), every 8-10,000 Miles, & Replaced Cabin & Air Filters every 15,000 Miles. All is Well & I am Very Pleased with this Vehicle !!!
By on 11/20/17 | Milwaukee, WI
I am having low oil pressure issues and air bags. I replaced both sensors but still having issues. Anyone else know of this?
By on 11/14/17 | Carlsbad, CA
i have had a lot of trucks iam an electrical contractor and when I bought this truck in 2001 my brother in law told me how powerful the diesels are. I have a 2001 f-350 7.3 with a full service box and rack on it. I put in a gale banks system that gave me 720 foot pounds of torque that use to be stock at 520. I live in Carlsbad Calif. and use to go to lake mead all the time with my family and just smoke cars trucks etc. up the steep hills with no problem even towing a 28 foot boat. My truck has gone through two transmissions and a few other things but all in all its been just awesome. .. I now have 384,000 miles on it and runs very very strong. I change my oil every 3,000 miles and also fuel filter every 10,000 or sooner. Iam ready for a new truck but cant leave this one it has been so good to me. Still have original starter in it. so have a lot of friends purchase the 6.0 and EVERY ONE HAS CRAPPED OUT THEY ARE JUST THE WORST ENGINE EVER BUILT, TERRIBLE ENGINE. RATHER HAVE A MAKITA MOTER IN IT?
By on 11/12/17 | Springfield, LA
What is the problem my cavalier 1998 will not go in gear first it was sitting right and then it stop completely what is the the problem
By on 11/10/17 | Bronx, NY
I rate it so high because a few years ago like in 2011 my dad was driving this car with me and my mom there was a big cargo truck in front of us. My dad is a "Rush" Guy, so he use to drive fast and sometimes cross red lights he never got a ticket. so he hit the cargo truck with his lexus es 300 1999 and the truck went flying and crashed.we go away with it because after my dad took us home. so this shows the cars strength. I mean its a sedan that beated a cargo van. The more funny part is he buyed the car used and its still stronger than a truck. He gave it away :(
By on 11/10/17 | Highland Park, NJ
. wowo so the car fell apart at not even 40000miles had to get thw ehile engine done and air conditioned compressor had to get a new one at not even 60000 miles . i go no where with this car please dont buy kias they are over priced and fall apart soon ......right lights having trouble with visor fell out not even 20000 miles i have spent at leaset 3000 grand through out the ten years i have had it . well .i wouldnt sell it or trade it in thats for sure i put four new tires on it and gonna drive it until it cant drive no more i like my money in my pocket ,,,,,,DONT BUY KIAS thats all i can say ......

By on 11/6/15 | Charlotte, NC
Update 11/7/2017. Vehicle now has 150,000 miles on it. I am done spending money on this vehicle. It is one thing after another. I fix something a month later something else breaks. I have evap codes, thermostat code (had this replaced less than a year ago), transmission code, brake code, code code code......
Trailblazers are JUNK PERIOD!

Bought my 2006 Trailblazer in 2010/2011 with 68k miles on it and initially liked it (first two years), but four years later (127k miles) nothing but trouble. This Chevy is a piece of JUNK IMO. Terrible design, cheaply built, junk parts, etc. I get it the vehicle is almost 10 years old, but come on. Does every part HAVE to be designed to fail after 100K when you pay 30+ thousand dollars brand new? ridiculous!

I am going to think long and hard before buying another GM product when the time comes and warranty will be EVERYTHING important as the brand. This is the second GM vehicle I've owned (I'm 35) and as soon as they hit 100k it seems like you might as well buy a second one and rotate them back and forth to the shop. TONS of costly repairs in my experience. Let me list a few for perspective buyers who are thinking about buying this vehicle used (they stopped making TBlazers back in 2009).

Remember these are issues and parts I've had to replace in just the past two years. Replaced: 2 Water pumps (AC delco thing probably a lemon), fuel pump, 2 hub bearings, ac condenser unit & compressor, 2 ignition coils, windshield wiper pump and failed door locks).

Issues I'm currently having: malfunctioning interior lighting, rear stereo speakers malfunctioning & shorting out, rear defrost totally failed, leaky intake manifold, leaky radiator and malfunctioning alternator. There are a few other items I can't think of at the moment, but you get the picture. This vehicle has cost me THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of dollars the past two years and it has been on thing after another. OEM parts suppliers and dealerships are making a fortune off people who keep these beastly vehicles outside of the warranty period.

Performance wise it gets terrible fuel economy (even for an SUV/truck at barely 14 mpg with a 6 cylinder engine), features a clunky prehistoric era transmission, terrible uncomfortable seats typical of GM vehicles (not sure how they can't figure this out) and the list goes on. I'm disappointed and not happy. This might be my last GM product.
By on 10/28/17 | Virginia Beach, VA
I bought my 06 colorado from rick hendricks in va, it was a 06 with 9,800 miles in 2014 great deal, one month later truck wont start, took it in after three days there mechanics could not find nothing, the same event happend over and over called the dealership they wanted over a hundered to look at it , finally look in book my security light was coming on it was anti theft protection, i called and they could not help me without paying within a year, and now fan motor works on number 4 speed, number 1, 2, and 3 don't work unless you wiggle the wiring harness behind glove box, hit a bump and it stops working I grew up with chevy with the experience I received with this one and the service from chevy and rick hendricks I probably will look at toyota they take care of there customers I am 52 years old bought my first chevy when i was 15 had 10 more later and now probably pass on from buying another
By on 10/24/17 | Emeryville, CA
Excellent
I love this car. its fun to drive, looks cool, many, many compliments. I've owned it for a year no problems . It's a basic car no frills 1.8T Beetle sedan.. Gas mileage is not as good as I expected but I do short trips on city streets i'm getting about 28 mpg.

By on 10/24/17 | Clinton, MA
Owner of a '02 Millenia S purchased new here in MA. Loved it from the get go and still do. Daily driver for 5 yrs, then as a 2nd car. Taken to FL several trips but mostly local mileage. Now has 45000 +/- mi on it. Hasn't been to a dealer since first 5K checkup. Self serviced carefully and frequently. Runs and looks new. Going to premium shop Alpha Cars for a complete brake job this wk. Looking forward to at least a few more yrs of trouble free driving from this fine vehicle.
By of on 10/17/17 | Rockford, IL
Chicago, IL: 2000 Honda Accord LX 4Cyl - Taffeta White - 276,000 Miles.

Little rust in the quarter panel, but clear coat seems to be drying off. Had a minor accident on the rear bumper causing a scraps and cuts, but have not fixed it for more than 5 years now. Paint seems to be holding up well. Transmission gave up at 260,000 miles and replaced it with a used ones with 110,000 miles. Flex pipe have been replaced twice so far. one at 98,000 Miles and other at 270,000 Miles. Other than that, everything is original factory (shocks/struts, Mufflers, Engine, Radio, and Electronic) , no modification.

Great, yet reliable car I've ever owned!
By on 10/12/17 | Mesa, AZ
2007 Honda Odyssey fully loaded and full of trouble. 13 miles, brand new purchased off the lot. From day 1...nothing but repairs - doors go out, Windows stop working. Constant engine problems that are, thankfully, covered by warranty. Some repairs are done twice because the replacement part was faulty. All repairs done at the dealership. And, amen, that we bought the extended warranty as at 62,000 miles the entire engine blows! Upset that an engine with 59,000 miles was put into my van, but happy I didn't have to pay the $14,000 tag for repairs.
Still, to this day, trouble, but budget does not allow for a new vehicle.
Will not purchase Honda again.
By on 10/11/17 | Roanoke, AL
2004-1/2 chevy 2500 hd Duramax LLY
I love my truck it had 8 miles on it when i went and picked her up she has 406501 miles , ii i
i installed Banks 6 gun the first year . i don't think a man could ask for a better truck, only problems i have had replaced front wheel hubs 3 times about every 100000 miles and replaced the fuel regulator, had to replace the batteries a few times changed oil every 7000 miles , transmission fluid 100000 miles , transfer case fluid at 200000 and front & rear differential lube the seats are torn up the body is beat to hell ,but she keeps on going never has let me down, starts up every time . i have pulled race car trailers up and down the east coast never got stuck in the mud, pulled a lot of fords out of the infield . The only thing i can say about this truck is i want another one just like it only 2018 model but i don't think GM can do it again. (will see)
By on 10/7/17 | Haslet, TX
Reliability Rating: (4/5)
Above Average
Don’t buy an equinox. Our problems started 1 year after we bought it. In and out of the shop constantly for engine problems after 10,000 miles...had to have the engine replaced at 50,000. Also had to have 2 transmissions totally replaced. Had to replace the exhaust manifold...broke in 2... and replace the air conditioning condenser. Like the body and interior, but if you are looking for a reliable car, this is not it... I will never buy GM again...
By on 10/6/17 | Madison, WI
Excellent
I bought my car in 2013 with 22,000 miles on it. 2011 Hyundai Accent 2dr hatchback. Worked great until all four engine coils went. 1st was at 24,000 miles, 2nd at 28,000, 3rd at 35,000 and 4th at 87,000. I have spent so much money replacing, loaning cars, paying tow trucks, using roadside assistance and nothing has been covered under the warranty they said would cover me until 50,000 and 100,000 for the powertrain. I have had nothing but problems and issues with this car for the last three years. Super disappointed and ZERO accountability. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM HYUNDAI AGAIN.. like it matters to them anyway.
By on 10/3/17 | Olathe, KS
I purchased my Geo Metro (5 speed) new in 1991. I wanted three things in a car; and in the Metro, I got all of them. One was cost, and with the first time buyer incentive of $1000, I paid only $6000. Second was mpg. I got an average of about 55 mpg for both city and highway. If I ever got a mere 50, it was a bad day. Third was reliability, and I had virtually zero problems until 145,000 miles. I did oil changes, and recommended maintenance, and that was it. At 145,000 miles, the engine went out. And soon after that, my husband and I had our third child, so we went to a larger car.

I sometimes wish, though, that something comparable was available now.
By on 9/30/17 | Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reliability Rating: (3.5/5)
Above Average
Worst car i ever had, very fun to drive, very nice and fancy... but you have to assume that a big repair of about $1000 a year will be needed. That is the average i had during last 4 years. Now 70M miles and will try to sell asap.
The rear window unglued because the fabric top stretch due to sun and water, so Mini said that has to change entire roof at $4000!!!!! Also, oil leakage, engine light on, interior defects, and issues with fuel pump.
Hope to get some money from it and will buy a real car.
By on 9/29/17 | DeWitt, MI
I've owned my 2004 LS430 for about 10 days. I needed something to give my wife a comfortable ride on trips. Wow, did I find it. The plus for me is it's a joy to drive. I'm the second owner, it has 150,000 miles, and is in pretty much perfect condition inside and out. I hope to put another 150K on the odometer.
By on 9/28/17 | Saint Peters, MO
Bought the car new in Feb 2017. A few weeks ago the check engine light came on. After the third fix I email GMC customer service to complain. I received an email that said I would be contacted w/in 1-2 business days. A WEEK LATER, someone finally called. After the third fix did not take care of the check engine light and a promised phone call that wasn't made, I got ahold of the customer service agent and asked about getting my money back. She said she did not make those decisions, but she would route the request up. Last night I received a call from the agent stating that GMC would not give us our money back. I asked why not and she said she did not make those decisions. I expressed how I though that it was messed up that I was given an answer, but no reason for the answer. She said again that she does not make those decisions. When I asked about getting the contact information to the person or department that makes those decisions I was told - NO. Apparently a ghost runs that department.... I recommend STAYING AWAY from GMC!
By on 9/28/17 | Littleton, CO
I have owned my blazer for 13 years. It had 77k when I got it and it now has almost 230k. Repairs in that time have been ball joints, idler and pitman arms, front wheel hub/bearing assemblies (4 times each side), oil cooler lines, 4WD computer, 4WD encoder/motor, 2 sets of shocks, intake manifold, water pump, radiator, fuel pump (twice) and I recently had to disassemble my wiper motor to repair it because my wipers wouldn't shut off if I turned them on. The front suspension has been slightly problematic but that is a known problem area for blazers.

The powertrain itself is all original. My rear end is beginning to whine and my tensioner pulley is whining as well so I'm sure its going to fail in the near future. Fuel economy sucks at an average of about 14 -16 mpg but the 4.3L vortec v6 is a definate workhorse. I have towed with it numerous times and have been near its rated towing limit many of those times and have exceeded its tow limit once or twice. The V6 handles these occasional heavy loads with ease and the transmission does as well (I do have an aftermarket transmission cooler though). I have used it to pull numerous cars out of the ditch and the 4wd does great in the snowy months.

All in all, I am not looking forward to the day when it comes time to retire my blazer. It has been a very good and reliable vehicle and I'm confident shes got a few years left in her still. 300k... here I come!