Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

I have 2 Volvo's. One is a 2002- S60 and the other one is a '08 XC90. Both vehicles have the same problem. This only occurs in cold weather. Neither of them will shift out of park. They will not move! I have tried heating up the vehicle, wiggling the switch, turning car on and off, pumping brakes, moving steering wheel up and down and everything that I have read to do on the internet and nothing helps. Sometimes it takes it 30 minutes to an hour before it will finally shift out of park and then at time I have to force it. There should be a recall on this since I have read multiple people having the same problem. This is happening with all year, make and models of Volvo! I need some help on what to do and advice on what will resolve this problem.
I bought a 2012 ML350 bluetec in 2015 with 38,000 miles. The driver's side seat belt does not always work and the cigarette lighter does not work at all. The rear brakes had to be replaced at 52,000 miles at a cost of $800. Now, at 68,000 miles, the oil cooler is leaking and will cost over $5,000 to repair. The vehicle is out of warranty and the extended warranty I purchased will not cover the oil cooler repair. If anyone else has had to repair their oil cooler, please share what it cost to repair. Otherwise, this vehicle drives like a dream and gets good mpg which is the reason I purchased the vehicle in the first place. My second reason for buying this vehicle is my mistaken impression of Mercedes Benz quality, durability, and reputation. I am disappointed.
Original owners of our 06 CXL. In 9 years we've replaced alternator-battery-water pump-thermostat-normal oil changes-tail light bulb and third set of tires with 118K miles. Just replaced wheel hubs (preventive), rotors and brakes then drove 2500 miles round trip to Florida with the odometer starting at 115K. Only vehicle problem that occurred on the trip was a anti-sway bar link broke due to the road salt used in home state of New Jersey. Two years ago brakes failed due to rusted brake line also caused by the road salt.
Only "major" motor work was at about 100K had the intake gasket replaced due to leak. Had a code that came on a year ago indicating a tranny problem, shop quoted $1600 to rebuild, our mechanic did some research and found that it was a dirty sensor connection, cleaned it no charge, no code again.
We are VERY happy with our vehicle
I really like my 1999 Pathfinder ,but just found out about all the recalls.
The garage refuses to fix the things on it. They say it is too bad. Ten mins after getting it checked out for a gas leak , I'm getting the bad news. Deemed unsafe to drive. Now I'm getting low balled by Nissan on buy back amount. They are keeping my vehicle and I will have nothing. I asked for them to give me a new front end and let me keep it...
In a word, wow!! I can't believe the funds are in my account already. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You made what is usually a long, drawn out and intimidating chore into a very pleasant and streamlined experience. I can't thank you and Mr. Amazing Loans enough. Mr. Amazing Loans for the terrific system, and you for the wonderful service. You are both quite awesome! if you need an urgent loan you can email them at
Bought used with 47201 on odometer, runs great, look great, really happy with my purchase. Only thing had to replace was the right passenger headlight bulb.
I purchased (rescued) my roughly mistreated baby from a shady dealership in South Gate, CA after being recently T-boned in my 2011 Crowned Jewel of a Camaro, Veronica. She was pronounced dead the following week, but she had been THE MOST RELIABLE car that I have ever owned, never needing even the slightest repair in the nearly 3 years that she was with me.

I knew that if I got ANYTHING other than a Veronica 2.0 I would absolutely loathe it. Unfortunately, my current credit situation has been in a state of flux lately, and although I certainly wasn't planning on needing to buy another car now, or EVER for that matter, my hand was being forced. After being taken for a ride and playing the "it's at one of our OTHER lots" followed by the "it's just been sold, but how about this one?" game, I met The Parabola and found a surprisingly clean CarFax report for her. I could tell that she had been abused by her former driver, and I wasn't able to get up to a fast enough speed during the test drive to find the wobble in the front end, but I could tell that the engine was solid and that she needed a good home. Plus, she was going to be my only real option of getting back into a Camaro as there just WEREN'T any other Black Automatic LS Gen5 Camaros available that I had any hope of being approved for. You don't go from 2.99% to 19.95% unless you are in a bad position, and these guys advertised that they would finance practically ANYBODY. So, it was her or nothing.

More ACTUAL review to come after I've spent more time with her:

She's spent these first couple weeks getting some minor work done, and an alignment resolved the wobble! She now has all new tires and is about to get new brakes. The engine is STILL purring like a kitten when she's relaxed and roaring like an angry lion when she's on a mission, and I can already tell that once the small issues are finally handled that she's going to be just as content and low-maintenance as her predecessor. After all, I may not have been the first to own her, but I AM the first to love her. Cars can tell whether or not you care for them, and they're prone to acting up much more often for drivers who tend to disparage or mistreat them. Just watch Poltergeist 2!
I purchased the 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring in 2005 and have averaged $12,00.00 per year for maintenance. I have 153,400 miles and I have replaced the PAX tires three times at $1,300.00 each time. I think I am about to replace the tires again. I just finished doing a maintenance summary with Excel and I was surprised how much money I have spent on the Honda van.
Excellent car, just passed 100,000 miles in its 10th year. This manual diesel engine is just getting started. Consistently delivers 45-50 miles to the gallon and 550-600 miles to a tank.
I buy these car in 2007 with 10,000 mi and I think this is reliable. I change oil and filter every 6000 miles and now is 160000 and is running like new the engine. I never change transmission oil and run every time in sport mode with no problems. I will change next week!! One time have a problem with the intake manifold a plastic piece that controls vacuum. I remplace myself with a metal one that sells in ebay that's about 100000miles.
Remplace alternator because I dropped oil when change the motor oil that's my fault!. Remplace front disk and brake pads 2 times. Air conditioning need some gas but the guy dont bill me because was few. Car paint is original red and is glossy but all plastics part start scratching few month ago, car never sleeps on carport. I put 2 batteries including the oem. The two oxygen sensor at 140000. Front suspension change about one year ago buy $349 kit on ebay and $150 for alignment and labor and the car run like new again. Interior are black and the seats are like new steering wheel and plastic part have some scratch part have cheap construction.
I purchased my 2007 Kia Spectra in Sept. 2007 and I have had it for 9 years with little to no trouble. It currently has 248,000 miles on it. I have replaced a 02 censor (I think thats the name of it). My cd player has died but I do see that this is common in the car. Recently had trouble with the timing change belt as I never ever had it changed and it was to be changed at a little over 100,000 miles and I never changed spark plugs either so when you know better you do better :) Now the car is up and running just fine! I guess I also got the golden car but my life is just like that song "I've been everywhere, I've been everywhere". Everywhere in my car! I love this car, but I recently bought a new one because it has gotten old. I used this car for work, school and anything else. 1 thing that I do hate is that it did not have cruise control. UGH!
my van always saking
I have only owned my 2003 SL55 AMG
for about a week and these reviews scare me. I hope only those who have problems write these reviews and that many of these SL55s are very reliable and don't have many problems. If any of you reading this have had good luck and not many problems, please comment before I decide to sell mine, I love it so far but these comments scare me, I'm not rich. Drives and handles beautifully and I hate to park it and get out of it.
When its behavior issues are fixed it is amazing. It likes to eat strut mounts the most... If you buy one get it cheep because people dont maintain these well. If you keep up on maintenance you will be ok.... Definitely buy a icarsoft 906i scanner and the necessary tools to work on this car. If you have no clue it will cost a bit more.....
Pearl white's a sleek sporty rocket machine..elegant looking from all angles..performs excellent w/over 200,000 miles, 80 on the fwy is smooth, always put in 89 gas..oil changes every 5K miles, do it myself w/new oil this's so gorgeous!
bought a 2011 C300. When it came to extended warranty, I was told that it was a 2010 late model and therefore warranty expires in 2015.
Needs new ABS/ Traction control module. It has a total of 25,007 miles. I was told not covered under warranty. Service managers response: Mercedes is not responsible for quality of parts. Had to pay over $2000 to fix this.
Never heard of such module going bad. Mercedes should stand behind their product and fix it even outside of warranty..
I have owned two jags in my life time, and I'm a big fan. I've had my current 2005 X-Type with over for almost eight years and have had zero problems. Even with over 150,000 miles it rides likes a dream and has some of the best handling I've seen from any luxury car. The AWD makes it ideal for any climate. The small price tag is perfect for a taste of the luxury life. While parts and maintenance can be on the more expensive side It's hardly ever needed, and is often cheaper than other luxury brands from my experience. I'd recommend a jag to anyone who is looking for a great bang for your buck and wants to look stylish while having great control and reliability.
I bought this truck almost 9 years ago. I don't abuse it but made it work hard. T-boned a GMC SUV with it (totaled it) I had to buy a new bumper $135. When they say Ford tough they are not kidding. I have the V6 and pulled a 30 ft RV across 2 mountain ranges and it still runs good. Had to replace an axle assembly at 220,000 miles. and the ABS pump is gone but I would and do trust it with my life all the time. The traction is good so I don't have any problems in bad road conditions. This is a simple 2wd, AT, 6Cyl basic XLT on paper but on the road this is a bad ass vehicle. If the wheels fell off of it tomorrow, I'd go get another one.
We bought this 2003 PT Cruiser from a Dealership in another state. I'm surprise we made it home and was able to drive it for almost a month before we started having all the problems we've had. One day it just wouldn't started. Took it to our mechanic and they check it and said it was the starter. So we put a new starter in and then about a week later it wouldn't start again, so back it went to the garage and again they said it was the starter and the ignition and our mechanic who happen to own his own garage told us he was going to not charge us for the new starter again or the labor. And he call the parts warehouse where he got the starter and told them he needed a new starter and that he felt like they should have to help with the cost on labor on my car because the starter that they put in the first time was bad. Which the parts warehouse did so with no problem. Then again about 4 days later it stop running again and our mechanic finally said he wasn't sure what was wrong and that it had to be a short or something like that coming from the computer brain. So they rig up a wire where my husband had to open the hood every time we had to go some where. He had to open up the hood and take this wire and touch it to the battery to start the car. Until we could get it into Chrysler and have them test it on there machine that will tell you just exactly what the problem is. Then after that the car started over heating and we had to replace the radiator it was totally clog up. And then we had to replace the heater core and then the water pump and timing belt and believe it or not the car is still over heating if you drive over 50 miles an hour. So now our next item from what we have been told is to replace the computer on the engine cause that is what probably is the main issue now we have and then the car should be fixed. All I can say is my husband and I are both Senior Citizens and we are on a fixed income and I thing that Dealership in Oklahoma did us dirty and thought well now here are a couple suckers. When we are honest and try our best to help anyone who is in need of help. We had a 2005 PT Cruiser and we love it but my ex son in law wreck it and totaled it out. Now we have to wait and try to get the computer for the 2003 PT Cruiser Turbo when we get our next retirement checks if we can swing it if not we will just have to save the money up until we get enough. Why do people and Car Dealerships have to be so crooked. I need help in finding out if we replace the computer on the PT if anyone knows from what all I said was wrong with it that, that will really fix it right.
I have a 1998 f150 Lariat 5.4 auto trans I was planing on buying a wrecked 2002-04 with a 5.4 and trade out the motor and trans would I have to change anything else like on board computer and so on. Thanks
2004 Jeep Liberty is a piece of JUNK!!! So many recalls and now mine wont go into drive, breaks lock up on their own, goes in reverse but will not go forward. I have yet to find a mechanic that can figure out what is wrong with it. I am reading reviews and complaints about the same problem and the manufacture will not recall this vehicle to repair it and someone is going to get killed!!! I would never ever purchase a Jeep again! Then I am reading the Jeep Cherokee is even WORSE!!!! People if you already own a 2004 Jeep Liberty and have experienced this same problem and found someone that knew and did fix it PLEASE e-mail me at and tell me how they fixed it. I am so very upset about this for I paid $32000 for this piece of junk.
I bought my Concorde used and it was with 77,000 miles, about three years ago. I is by far the best most luxurious car I have ever owned. It is a marvelous car when it works and a dragon when its not. Current book I think, about 3500. At that, its worth more to me to play the odds and hope for the best.
In the time I have owned it the brakes leaked once and needed to re hosed. 390 dollars
The cam sensor when sour- 359 dollars and there was a vacuum leak repaired 400 dollars
Now, the transmission solenoid pack is shot and that is costing 800 dollars.
Understand its a complex ECM car, but what else is going to go wrong needing an expensive for me (I am retired) repairs.
So its a love and hate relationship. I know I could not replace it with the money I have spent in repairs, so I love it and its power and luxury. I hate all the repairs.
AVOID! Mercedes vehicles are nice when they work, but they spend most of their time getting piggie-back rides from tow-trucks. Just under 120K miles and total engine failure. Advised to replace cam magnets, replaced plugs also, codes went away - then suddenly blown engine! Balance shaft jumped timing, total engine loss. Before this, converted troublesome air suspension to conventional springs. Problems with climate control panel. Panoramic work stopped working, big $$$ to fix. Intake manifold arm broke on the outside, no replacement parts - $1000 just for the intake manifold, let alone labor to replace. Cost of repairs at dealership more than value of vehicle. If you aren't a DIY avoid, avoid, avoid! Even if you are, it is not worth the trouble. Mercedes has clearly made it a priority to keep non-dealer mechanics away. More that 50% of the average Mercedes dealerships income is in service! Took in my rock solid BMW X5 for this junk R350 because the middle row was roomy for baby seats and toddle seats - huge mistake! Want to be stuck on the side of the road with young children? Then buy a Mercedes. What you can get from an OBD II scanner and what the dealer Star tool provides is different. OBD II under reports. Star tool is thousands and thousands to buy and not for sale to private perople so a handy person can't properly diagnose. They go to the trouble of making the intake manifold out of magnesium, but fill it with cheap plastic! PCV valve dumps huge amounts of oil into the intake. All the flaps internally broke off in the intake! Bushings fell out so massive vacuum leak. Electrical system is total junk! Average vehicle these days had 4-5 CPUs - Mercedes has over 40 modules. You disconnect the battery wrong and one of the "smart" modules fries. Even the fuse box is a "smart" fuse box, which actually means it's idiotic. Embarrassing how so many solid-state components fail in these cars. Then there's the transmission - 6 speed "7g tronic" - just look it up - early failures, requires thin fluid and was proclaimed as "sealed for life" by Mercedes. They quickly backed out of that one a couple years in due to failures. But you can't just drain and fill like other cars - there is no ATF dipstick! You have to drop the pan, replace the filter, and pump fluid in. Then with the car running, you have to watch the fluid coming out change from gushing to more of a drip. Is this what German engineering means these days? Oh and the transmissions shift module fails. Look at how many Mercedes with awd have to be dragged onto a flat bed. The shifter is a servo, so if the module goes bad, your battery dies etc, you are totally SOL - you can't shift into neutral!!! Power steering leaked because the hose clamps were cheap crimp, not screw clamp, coil packs fail. It's hard to recall what doesn't break honestly. I've owned and worked on Audi, BMW and Japanese cars and Mercedes is now the worst in my opinion. I will not buy another Mercedes again!!!!!
I bought this car new in '09, and with my trade in I got it for $8050 with 1.8 miles on it. Being a "boy" and knowing manual transmissions are generally cheaper to repair, I got the 5 speed. To me the CVT trans was too new and not well tested yet. (I've been reading a lot of problems with the CVT in the past couple days.) My car now has 243,000 (yes I drive a ton, lol) miles on it and all i've done is regular maintenance; air filter, trans fluid changes, oil changes, coolant flushes, brakes, and tire replacements (just got onto the 4th set) and rotors once. Keep in mind i just drive it up and down the highway, and at 73 mph, I steadily get 38-39 mpg with fresh oil and air filter. I got the base model as I didn't want any problems with electric locks/windows/seat EVER! I used to be a Honda man, but maintenance is way cheaper than Honda in my experience (I've owed 3 civics, an accord and a prelude). My only complaint is that the AC compressor is small, and if your not moving you don't get the coldest air. The interior is economically built, but I expected that. back seats have some sun fade, but to me I just beat it up and down the highway anyway. I have had this car the longest of all of them, but I suspect that is because I got a new one and it wasn't beat on already and I take pretty good care of it. "Base" is the way to go for me, fewer components, fewer far the best car I have owned for the money spent!! Over seven years with this car and average monthly cost for me to date (without gas) with maintenance is right at $96/month. I just started getting some timing chain noise (chain rubbing the guides) and will be replacing that in the next week or 2.
Bought this car new in Sept 1999. Just love it.
It has great power and a nice quiet and smooth ride.
Love the auto adjusting seats and steering wheel with two separate settings.
The Bose Audio system is amazing.
The paint has held up so nice it looks like new.

The only issue I ever have had was an intermittent misfire when idling. Replaced the Spark plug coils and it is now perfect again. Car now has over 134K miles looks new!

BTW, I like another reviewer was not happy putting Hi test Gas in it which I did for years. But then I tried mid grade. No noticeable difference in Performance. And now I use regular and still no issue. NO Ping no knock and that is because this cars computer adjusts the timing for whatever gas is in it. Not like an old Carburetor that will cause knocking if the timing is off with low test gas. So save money and use regular.

Now if I want the car to look totally new I will replace the Driver seat with a brand new leather cover to factory spec. yep. I am keeping this car until it dies.... and why not its probably worth about $3K now.
My biggest worry is that I get hit and the damage is above the book value and they refuse to fix it. Now THAT will be sad. Cause this car is fantastic. I have checked out Mercedes and BMW's and nothing compares. And I hate all that digital stuff on cars these days. I love the ease of analog controls.

And Infiniti has nothing that compares in Size to this Q. Everything is based on the G chassis which is like a sports car compared to this Luxury car.

I leased a 2015 Ford F150 in February 2016. At this moment, it has 6164 miles on it. Last week, I left my house to run errands and got about 5 minutes from home. I stopped at a stop light and when I accelerated to go, the truck started shimmying and I lost acceleration. Thankfully, I was at a place that I could pull over and get off the street. I turned off the truck, sat for about 5 minutes to see if the error would reset but it didn't. I tried to again put it into drive but still no acceleration frontward or backward. Called Ford roadside assistance and waited an hour and half to be towed. Called Northgate Ford, Cincinnati, OH to let them know my vehicle was on its way there to be looked at. I explained the problem and the service writer stopped me in my description and told me to call roadside assistance and have it towed. REALLY? I told him it should be pulling into his lot any minute. I asked for a rental or a loaner but was told they didn't supply them. This was in a Fri afternoon and I had a ton of things to do over the weekend. I had to argue with the service attendance, the service manager and went all the way up to the GM of the dealership. Reluctantly, he approved a rental for the weekend.....I am a single woman and being told that I was going to be without transportation being that my 6 month old truck was in the shop for repairs did NOT set well. All three men that I spoke with were rude and very disrespectful. Today is Wednesday and they called this a.m. to tell me my truck was ready. I drove to the dealership to get it and asked what the final diagnosis was. The attendant handed me the paperwork and told me to read it for myself. The paperwork said it was the throttle body and motor assembly. I wanted and needed an explanation about what this was but he called to have my truck brought to me and I left. I made it home in the 45 minute drive but I am scared to death to drive it very far from home. The sad thing is I have another two and half years on the lease and I can just about predict that this won't be my last repair.....ugh!!!
Brought the 2006 Santa Fe 2.7L on 11/19/2015 with 98k from original owner, she did most of the regular scheduled maintenance on the car and was in good shape. This is one of the best cars I ever owned! Now with 107K miles on it, of course it's starting to need things like: front axles, brakes and rotors, spark plugs and wires, struts and shocks, wheel bearings, fuel pressure regulator, radiator and hoses. No big deal, between rock auto and eBay most of these parts are fairly inexpensive, that's one of the best features of this car. All of the above have been replaced and most have lifetime warranties with the parts, I save the boxes. Car is over 10 years old, what would you need if you were a car and drove day after day, especially on hard pavement with bumps and potholes and some people who don't know how to drive? Hey Hyundai, great job putting a good Suv together and for the affordable price. Just a suggestion peeps, they call this scheduled maintenance for a reason! Rock On America and remember, DO MORE TO HELP OTHERS...
Hi, I got my geo prizm 1995 with 120,120 milles. That was back in 2012, the previous owner had abused the car. But I put some love and care too it. Currently it has 2017,120miles run strong but consume oil too. I put a lot of new staff on this car and I am find it hard to let go. It has plenty of rust but trusty. With this car, it has made me mechanic inclined. Most of time I do all the work on my geo prizm and it makes me happy.
I have had this car since 70,000 miles one other owner well taken care of brake booster went out around 90,000 at a 100,000 I have since replaced a melted coil on primary a all the spark plugs both catylitic converter replaced the car has cost me over $3000 already only to find out the the ecm or pcm is faulty which has no recall yet definitely not bad due to wear and tear the car has almost been in the shop ever since I got it and am currently still having it worked on I am very disappointed in this car falls short of being at American made vehicle standards it looks pretty but parts are cheaply made
240,000 still running strong. Replaced auto transmission due to bad input shaft seal leak, but wouldn't drive anything else! The luxuries of this car for a '98 are so amazing! Recommend this car to everyone!