Newest Reviews:
  • 2007 BMW X5 Nothing but issue after issue. Lights ,valve covers,radiator, water pump you name it.3 batteries in 4.5 years.Bought the car in 2010 with 36,00 miles on it. Great car when it isn't acting up. Problem is that it has repair issues all the time.
  • 2008 Infiniti G35 I absolutely love my car! That being said I have had several problems. Transmission went at 70,000 miles, the brakes are terrible, pulsating at high speeds. The rotors have been calibrated twice. Currently my car will shut off without warning when speed ls less than 20mph. The black paint on the steering wheel and the door arm rests is peeling. I have maintained my car well, but now is costing too much. I have enjoyed this car immensely but I think its time for a change.
  • 2000 Dodge Dakota Bought my 2000 Dakota in 2003 with 40000 miles on it. I do the maintenance at the recommended time. The transmission went at 56000miles and was rebuilt under the extended warranty. At 61000 miles the evaporater core went. Has 90000 miles on it now, original 3.9L engine still running strong. No rust on it. Will keep it till it quits.
  • 2005 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 260.000 miles on this commuter car,bought in 2010 with 81.000 miles on it. We are on the 3. turbo replacement, 1. one died at 120.000 2. one died at 220.000 miles.Replacement cost for both about 4,500$. Computer on steering rack died at 250.000, 2,500$ repair.Driver door wiring harness broke at 90.000 miles cost 500$.All in all it is sad the all the $$ we save in fuel have been spend on repairs that should not have had occurred. Our little 96 Vw Golf is still running strong with 250.000 miles on it.Never had those kinds of issues. It seems that the newer the model for VW the lower the quality of construction. It is disappointing because we thought we bought German quality engineering...
  • 1995 Lincoln Town Car even though I'm buying a newer car I love this yacht. The only issues that needed to be improved on in this year are: window gears egr syste rear air bags. I have replaced the air bags with coilsprings, and am constantly cleaning my egr valve. Also do my own repair on window gears
  • 2006 Buick Lucerne bought 06 lucerne with 21k. had the car for 6 yrs. it was in the shop over 30 times with problem after problem. i spent over $12,000 on upkeep and repairs. this is a lemon. will never buy a buick again. this car is a money pit and completley un-reliable. problems included door lock solenoids, always vibrates, paint swirls, power window problem, ratttling noises in the right rear door, transmission lines rotting out twice, wheel bearings shot, front and rear suspencion, water pump, heating and cooling issue,clunking hard shift i the transmission at times, multiple brake problems, air bag problems with the sensores, door handles broke off, antenna broke off, window washer pump broke and on and on and on a real POS.
  • 2007 Toyota Corolla Ok--have been reading the reviews on the 2007 Toyota Corolla, and and now will give mine ! Bought the 2007 brand new, in less then 2 years the water pump went out (still under warranty, thank goodness) then in 2014 the water pump went out AGAIN !! Had to pay this time, not happy about it going out the second time. Well the AC is not working now.Would not recommend this car to anyone as I have only 56133 miles on it. Consumer reports give it a bad rating, sounds like Camry and Prieus is the best .
  • 2012 Subaru Outback I have 64K miles on vehicle. Only 2 complaints. 1) Low beam Headlamps last about 30k miles guaranteed!! My biggest concern is both will go out at the same time. Have also replaced several bulbs in rear. 2) Inside Rear view mirror to big and difficult to see around for us taller folks. Other than a recall on puddle lights, I've got no other qualms..
  • 2002 Jaguar X-Type I love my X-type. It is the best car I have ever had. I have high miles and my husband has been able to fix most problems. Parts are high, but I am keeping this car till it can't go anymore!
  • 2002 Nissan Maxima I love this car its the best ever. Don't take car well it won't take care of you. Purchased my 02 Maxima SE back in mid 2011 with 87k miles driven at least another 30,000 miles this car runs well. Paid off so I'm happy with this vehicle so beautiful in and out its more than in excellent condition planning drive for 200,000 miles has every available option on SE version got with Maxima loving it.
  • 2007 Ford Five Hundred bought it new, it now has 230,000 miles. only changed the oil, transmission oil, brakes and tires. best car ever........forget the japanese and germans, get one if you still can. the other reviews are from the germans and japanese dealers.
  • 2013 Chevrolet Impala After owning my Impala for about a month I am averaging 29 miles per gallon. The car runs well for me. Hard start in the Wisconsin winters though. Very smooth ride which is one of the reasons I picked the Impala. Lots of leg room even in the back seat for a tall person like myself 6'3". Interior contains cheap looking plastic which is fine for me but upsetting to others. Seats on the LS are cloth but you can get one with the front bench seat in the LS trim package. Another complaint is that there are no cup holders in the 2nd row. I wish the seats also folded down which these do not. It does however have a very large trunk to fit more groceries than you will need. Onstar is included for 3 months when buying so it gives you the chance to try it out. I like the turn by turn directions and the onstar application for remote starting/locking/unlocking/horn & lights. Not worth the 300+ per year onstar wants me to pay however. The engine temperature gauge goes up very quickly even in the winter which is very nice but it takes a while to heat the interior of the car because it is a large car. Steering is not the most responsive but I have been driving large vehicles for a long time so it seems normal to me. It is not a small car therefore it doesn't operate like a small car. Overall a very good car for the price and it gets what I consider decent fuel mileage for a large sedan.
  • 2004 Toyota Prius I am the original owner of a 2004 Prius. I have 153000 miles on her. She has never left me stranded. It will be eleven years on the 15th of April. The electric water pump has been replaced three times under warranty. The headlamp leveling sensor has been replaced once and I am on my third set of tires. My windshield has been replaced three times. The front of my car has survived many hits from rocks, stones, bugs and God only knows what else. The paint is chipped but no rust what so ever. Would I buy another Prius? Sure I would, I love my car and will eventually get another newer Prius. But for now, I will continue to drive this one until I can't afford to drive it.
  • 2003 Cadillac CTS Well here we go I bought this car when i turned 18 thinking it would be awesome this is probably the worst mistake of my life im 21 now and i have had way to many problems one the head-gasket blew 900$ to fix 2 the water leaks in through the sun roof and in the trunk currently my trunk is flooded the back plastic peace the covers the licence plate blew off on my way to work one day costs 600$ for a new one the horn just died a few days ago part of the rear interior hangs down and wont go back in place the trunk hinges broke so now its heavy as hell and wont stay open the heat dosent really work at all the motor in the drivers seat died so now it cant move back in fourth the wood grain is starting to crack all around it goes through oil like its a race car it gets horrible radio reception theres a 40$ dollar piece that needs to be replaced regarding the thermostat the makes the check engine light come on and stay on whenever its below 50 degrees Fahrenheit but you need to pull out the entire engine to be able to get to it replace headlights or tailight bulbs is such a pain in the ass and way harder then it should be and now im getting tired of typing but thats about half of the problems ive had with this piece of junk car
  • 1994 BMW 325i I've owned my BMW 1994 325i convertible for four years it had 165,000 miles when I bought it. It had a few cosmetic issues, mostly plastic items,which is to be expected but the engine runs like a clock.I've been replacing parts as I can and now I am at a point where I am very happy. There is 184,000 miles on it now and a problem has started to occur periodically, the dashboard lights all come on and the speed and odometer needles will jump back and forth then the lights all go dark and the needoes drop to zero. All the while the car is running smooth just purring down the road.I love this car! My son will inherent this car when I die but the dash lights are a little aggravating. I hope it's an easy fix.
  • 2007 Mercedes-Benz C230 Bought my Mercedes in 2014, I didn't have it a month and transmission had to be replaced, the alternator, and now brake pads have to be replaced. This car is very expensive to have and I don't recommend anyone buying one because of the expense. I would suggest a Hyandi nice and dependable cars. be careful of the dealerships selling these cars nothing but CROOKS!!!
  • 1993 Mercedes-Benz 300SE Love this car, I have owned many cars over the past 45 years.This one with the exception of a few small problems has been the best. 193,000 miles, still running strong,looking great, and getting compliments.no one believes the age and the comfort is beyond compare.I'm sold on M.B.
  • 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 I own a 2002 Ext cab Silverado 2WD 4.3 L V6 Automatic. Fuel MPG averages 19 - 20 mpg combined. It has 235K original miles and still going strong. It stranded me one time, I had to replace the fuel pump. That was about 90K miles ago. The front rotors and pads were replaced 40K miles ago. My rear brake pads are still good. I Put in 2 batteries and I am on my 3rd set of tires. Transmission has been no problem. It has always had a weird engine/drive train vibration right before the gear shift at about 42mph when shifting up. Rarely, I mean rarely on the up or down shift, 2nd and 3rd gears, it will feel more like a clunk and slip than a vibration, but this is rare and it never happens predictably or repetitively. Again, trans is doing fine. No burnt tranny fluid or other signs of trouble. Wheel bearings are still good. My steering and front end have never needed repair or alignment, still as they were set at the factory. The suspension is original and still good. I have a cooling system leak but I can't find where it is leaking from? All of the hoses, radiator, fan and water pump are factory original and still good, I did put a new thermostat in it about 120K ago and changed out the coolant. All the belts, tensioners and pulleys are still good. The front engine seal is leaking oil pretty good, the pan and valve cover gaskets are seeping a little. I have to add a quart of full synthetic between my 5K mi routine oil changes, as needed, to keep it full. I run full synthetic 5W30 or 10W30 and a Delco P47 oil filter. NEVER used the shop's bulk oil or filters, I bring my own. I have one valve that will tap when starting cold, it taps for about 4 seconds then it stops. Been this way and consistent for a long time, does not seem to be getting worse so it may just be an anomaly, but I hate the sound. The AC works fine, never had any compressor issues or leaks. My left head lamp, low beam bulb seems to burn out every 15 months? The dash light that illuminates the heat/AC is out. The very back edge of the headliner is starting to pull away from the ceiling at the rear window. Overall, the truck has run reliably and has not been a money pit to maintain. It is not fancy or macho as pick ups go, but it is a reliable and trustworthy travel companion for a long distance commuter. If you find one for sale that has been cared for and driven gently, consider buying it.
  • 2007 Chevrolet HHR Bought as a company car with 8,000 miles on it. Even after four accident repairs and 107,000 miles, the car is always reliable. Brakes, tires, oil and other normal wear and tear items fixed and changed as needed. Wish the SS was offered that year, as I love the look and turbo offered with them.
  • 2004 Chevrolet Colorado My 2004 Colorado has 169,000 miles. It has all types of electrical problems. From what I hear from other owners, General Motors has known about this issue since 2006 but has not done anything about it. I also have the AC blower problem. The driver side window will go down, but may not go up. I have a shortage in my front turn signal lights. My tie rods have to be replaced. When you put the truck in park, the passenger side door does not unlock as it should. Also the radio will not stop playing if you open the driver side door. It will only stop playing if you open the passenger door. The problem with the blower started at about 75,000 miles. The other problems started after 100,000. Also, if I turn the truck off and come back to start it within a few minutes it will hesitate and sometimes cut off when I start to move. Sometimes it has not started at all after sitting for just a few minutes even after the battery was replaced. Don't get me wrong, I like my truck but I think these are problems that GM needs to address.
  • 2006 BMW 325i Purchased new in 2006 and has handled beautifully during the time I've had it. several problems that are quite annoying but not critical to the operation of the car: Radio lights never work!!! I remember this issue from literally decades ago, Very surprised that the issue persists. so you have to guess the stations. Cup holders do not last long and the repair or replacement is ridiculously expensive, so no liquids in car since. engine wise the transmission had a slight knock every time I came to a full stop at around 75k, didn't think anything of it until it got worse at 100k when the transmission blew. looking at @$4000 to have a rebuilt transmission installed. not what I was expecting since the car has only been serviced by BMW and the maintenance has been kept religiosly. any repair regrettably is very expensive.
  • 1998 Mercury Mountaineer HI, I got my SUV since 2008 is been a really god suv not have any problems since, but lately know I have this: every two months I have to add 1 liter oil why I don´t know she just need it but not have smock or liken , the motor is clean alway, the brake as a regular used, radiator fixed 2 times in 4 years, my cooler doesen´t work they don´t know why the gas just go, but my last problem is the windows sudenly stop working all of them and whitout air well is hard haha well I check everything and not found the problem but I love this car even if I use to much gasoline
  • 2008 Saturn Aura Overall our 2008 Aura has been a reliable, and smooth running car. It is a bit heavy but it rides nice. Just went over 90,000, and still running great. My only complaint's are, the interior cloth is bubbling on the forward posts, and the door locks don't work properly when it gets warm out? Other than that, no major issues at this point!
  • 2001 Buick LeSabre I had an 1985 Buick Le Sabre. With 55 K miles. I inherited some money, so I bought a new Buick Le Sabre. 2001 I do miss the old velour seats. That car could turn on a dime. Better than my new one. On the freeway it really went. How about those old bumper guards. I got rear ended at a stop light. No damage to my car. Hers just bounced off, of my car with front damage. Yes I had a back register wire break. I took it to be fixed. Way too money. So a friend fixed it for free. Just took off the door panel, put on a new register, and that was it. He showed me where the wire had broken. Other than that, I have no complaints. I am 83, and want a smaller car. This one is too big to park in parking lots.
  • 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 I've had mine since new. My first Ram. Before this one was F250's only. I have 187000 miles on it with no drive train or other issues at all. Parts I've replaced: Brakes, U-joints, Updated K&N cold air system, updated exhaust system, 2" front end lift and front wheel bearings. Not bad for 10 years of driving.
  • 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty 2008 f250 superduty extended cab xlt 4x4 offroad, 5.4 engine,bought this truck less than a year ago,was great at first,superduty my ass,5.4 engine is totally inadequate for this truck,underpowered is an understatement,with its annoying engine tick on the right side of engine near the firewall,mechanic says its totally normal for the 5.4 triton engine,really!then had a windshield leak on the drivers side,only leaks with a very light rain and sitting still,drips off the grab bar onto the dash onto the a/c vent,it comes and goes.then it felt like engine hesitation when taking off,but discovered it was the left rear brake not releasing,today it stuck and smoke was rolling off the caliper and popping from the heat,parked it till i get the parts to fix it,i only wished i would have come here first before buying it and i never would have,should have kept my ram 1500 megacab
  • 2005 Saturn Ion Have only had this car for two months and already hate it. The engine sucks having problems everyday that other Saturn ion owners have. I can't wait to get rid of it. The only thing I like is the interior.
  • 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Our 2008 Santa Fe was purchased Jan, 2012 used thru Carmaz Used Car Dealership with 62,000 miles. No coverage from Hyundai so opted for Carmax's Maxcare. Paid cash for vehicle and Carmax did their due diligence with background check on vehicle. Found nothing suspicious. First year we had nothing unusual and kept up with all maintenance and service. Second year and 75,000 it all started. We paid $18,327.58 drive off lot. At this time (March, 2015) we have spent $18,252.58 in service, repairs and maintenance on this money pit. Am addressing with Hyundai Motor America, but is a long, ridiculous process with more run arounds to break us down so we don't continue forward. Worst problem (of all the $9,753.42 that has actually been spent for odd repairs we have not experienced with any vehicles as a whole picture in our 40+ years of ownership)while I was driving, the PCM failed instantly. Lost everything and was miraculous to be entering our subdivision and not where I had been the prior hours...very high speed major highways in Houston. This has become a nightmare and we wanted to purchase a new Santa Fe, BUT if Hyundai cannot honor what they say as customers being their primary concern, we will get out of this somehow and into something else. NEVER try filing a complaint and hoping for action thru their Consumer Affairs Dept. We are at 6 weeks and barely getting any contact from them. Extremely disillusioned by this Company!
  • 1992 Volkswagen Jetta car has automatic transmission. For this reason, the starter is hidden under the exhaust manifold and burns out about every 25/30 thousand miles. At about 130.000 miles, hit a maintenance period in wear, with radiator replacement/starter replacement/water pump leakage/idle air control valve replacement. The on board computer can only be read by a VW/MB and BMW dealer. The car is a Mexico build and quality is not up to German standards. It is a 1992 VW Jetta GL and been in my family since new. My mother gave it to me in 1995 with a bit over 29000 miles on it. Within this time, I have always enjoyed it. One bit of advice that makes these cars sparkle, is to install size 195-60 14 over the standard tire. The other, is to install a front tower brace, this stiffens the pan and the improvement in handling is well worth the cost. It is a gas motor, but always have used 15-40 Shell motor oil. This protects from the Arizona desert heat, it uses about a quarter of a quart of oil every 3000 miles.
  • 2006 Ford Fusion 2006 Ford Fusion SEL 3.0, 6 spd auto. Today, the car turned 254,000 miles. The original engine, but the transmission was replaced at 190,000. Vehicle has power sun/moon roof, ATC air, but cloth seats. All in all, other than the common cheap inside door handles (rt side broke both inside and outside also), this is one fine automobile. This is only the second vehicle I've owned that has gone over 200k on the speedo. Both were Fords. I've never had a GM make it over 160k, or a Chrysler product over 180k before having major problems. Preventative maintenance is what it takes to keep these cars in perfect shape. If you forget to change the oil (fluids) at the right time, you might be creating a time bomb of repair costs down the road. Stay on top of your maintenance and your Fusion will drive until the wheels fall off. One of Ford's bright spots, along with the F150 (aluminum) and the Mustang since 05.