Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

I bought this car used 3 months ago with 70k original miles. It is beautiful, and rides and drives like a dream. It averages about 26mpg. I am very happy with it so far.
Bought this as a used car. It has been a nightmare of repairs, even parts that have been changed out they break again. Save your money and do not buy a used 325i.
Purchased as Starmark vehicle in low 20k mileage range. Repaired a number of issues the first year under warranty. Over the next six years I spent at least $7,000 fixing broken parts, components, leaks etc of all types and flavors. Loved the driving experience, smooth and quiet, but hated the poor quality of the car itself. I maintained the car religously and spared no expense when it came to maintenance, but its the component quality that sucks. Leave the Mercedes for people who need to prove they have the discretionary income to keep making car repairs. Buy a Honda, Toyota or Nissan for quality and reliability.
front end suspension wear-out tires. cool morning low tire pressure light comes on. battery have early warning senor .
For the most part, I love my 2005 Buick Ranier but have been having issues with the drive train. I replaced a motor that shifts it in to AWD about 6-8 months ago and am having trouble with it again. It seems to be locked in 4WD. As long as I am driving forward, no turns, it is fine; however, when I make a turn L or R, especially a sharp turn, it jurks on the front wheel. The rear suspension is another issue. It won't hold air unless the vehicle is running.
I bought my 2008 Jeep Patriot in March 2008 brand new. I have has no major issues until 18 months ago; transmission needed to be replaced. Recently I have had major issues with water building up in the back seat floor area on the driver's side; took it to dealer for fixing as well as correct the 4WD light popping in, this is summer still; problem was thought to be fixed, but took it back to dealer after check engine light came on with the 4WD light and continued water, dealer paid full cost this last time as I said I was less than pleased. One week later and the car is back at the dealer for the check engine light, catalytic converter now needs to be replaced. I cannot really complain too much as I have over 250,000 miles and the car has taken be to Arizona and across Texas for a trip and I drive 120 miles round trip just for work not including any stops I may need to make. Wish the dealer noticed the catalytic converter before sending the car back home with me, overall a good car. I rarely ever rate something with the full stars unless I am truly impressed.
This car is great. As much as I love it, I have had several issues with it. I keep up with general maintenence, most of it is just wear and tear for being 15 model years. It has 50k miles on it and I have replaced the alternator, starter 2x, blower regulator, CV joint, and then transmission- which was probably due to sitting at the car lot for 2 years and not being ran. Then the replacement group I used shredded my negative cable when the shoved under the alternator fly wheel, causing numerous electrical issues. I have been fighting this car since day 1, but it runs great when it runs.
gas mi. 22 i,ve spent alot of money on up keep 176000 mi on it it runs great only had the car a month.
I've owned this truck for over 13 years, having bought it from a local dealer. It now has over 225K miles on it and still running strong, although the head gasket had to be replaced recently due to my carelessness in monitoring the coolant level. I also replaced the clutch myself about 8 years ago - it was due, having been put thru some heavy hill use where the clutch had been used to "hold" the vehicle at a stop while facing uphill (that practice has since been discontinued). I highly recommend this rig as long as you don't plan on hauling large loads up and down heavy grades - the 4-cylinder just doesn't have the poop to haul REALLY heavy loads. However, if you don't mind having to slow down/shift down, you'll get there eventually even if you overload it! If folks aren't aware, this is the EXACT same vehicle as a Ford Ranger, which is spoken of in glowing terms by the millions of people who own and swear by (and not AT) them.
I am the 3rd owner of my 2004 Camry XLE and until 150,000 miles hit, there were few issues. Most recently was the issue of my purge valve needing to be replaced. The check engine light kept coming on and I tried everything but replacing the catalytic converter and purge valve. At 98k miles, the A/C needed to be recharged and a whole new system leading up to the radiator (but not the radiator itself) had to be replaced due to old tubes, hoses and various wear and tear. The fan controlling the A/C compressor would not gain enough pressure to spin fast enough. Only when doing about 60MPH for about 5 minutes, did the air start blowing cool. I've had no motor issues, and for what it's worth, still one of the best cars I've bought, especially used. I think it'll last at least another 25k miles if I keep up with my seasonal maintenance.
I bought car new, have had it 7 years and 86,700 miles. Replaced Brakes and Rotors at 56,000 miles, had trans flushed at 60,000 miles Only problem I've had is my leather seats have vinyl on bolsters , driver seat bolster cracked after this last really cold winter. Car had 80,000 miles on it.I got rid of the original garbage YOKOHAMA tires at 35,000 miles, put on Cooper 's and there still perfect. I do maintain it well, and it has taken my wife and I all over the country, and 26-28 mpg on highway. Everything still works perfect on it. I am going to trade it in on a new Dodge journey AWD , after the last few winters.
I bought car new, it has 86,500 miles and has been best car I have owned. Put brakes and rotors on at 55,000 miles , I had a problem at 84,000 miles where gauge said I was overheating, it wasn't , it was a bad sending unit. It has taken us all over the country , and we made it into Chaco Canyon New Mexico with it. The ranger couldn't believe it got through. I service it regularly, changed trans fluid at 60,000 miles. Only complaint is front seat is split, I just found out bolsters were not leather but vinyl. This just happened as it turned 7 years old and 86,000 miles
239K miles 300+ miles to the tank. No major services ever. Runs great though now I will be. Needing a new compressor. Has never left me or my college aged kids stranded. Think a lot of mechanics scare you into repairs due to lack of business. I was told 4 years ago that I had a transmission problem and needed work inside transmission to this day I have not had any problems with my vehicle nor ever has required to have the transmission serviced. Only general maintenance. Proud female Matrix owner. 12 years and still running strong. Hallelujah!!!
I have the 2014 A4. It rides well. I take it to Midas for any mechanical needs due to the HIGH COST at the dealer. I have 58,000 miles and I just experienced a check engine for low oil light. This seems kind of impossible because I just had the oil changed at Midas. I will stop by the Midas shop to see what the problem is. Audi needs to put a better maintenance plan with the cars they are selling.. Audi also refused to re-set the message for needing an oil change because they did not perform the service...
Not just the 2010 but all F-150s are amazing only getting better. The 2010 is the best lookig running and braking truck in its class. The ideas and thoughts just in the inside ofbthe cab. Says it all than one the best drivetrains. Just an amazing truck.
I am a proud owner of my 1999 Acura 3.5RL (White) with Navigation. I acquired the vehicle when i was in College as my previous Acura (Integra) was totaled in 2006. The 3.5RL had about 128,000 from one owner and now i have little over 492,000 and still running strong. I work as a consultant so i choose to drive every where with my RL. In my family we have owned other vehicles like Audi A6 4.2 but i still preferred driving the RL. Have not had any major issue, these are the things I perform as Maintenance: Oil change every 4K (that is about every month for me), ATF change with filter, power steering flush, brake fluid flush and front gear oil (that is every 3rd oil change), Coolant every year and timing belt every 75K. I do all these my self that is why i am doing some way before recommended time. I use all Acura/Honda genuine parts/fluid but i save on labor. The car can still go another few 100k miles. I have to get the rear main seal replaced that i cannot do as i don't have a lift but other than that absolutely nothing else was required. In think this particular generation of 3.5RL were made bullet proof. Message me if you have any questions or need help with repair.
My 2003 Tribute was bought brand new and I still own it. It has now 140 miles. I had to change front & rear suspension. Tune up twice, needed motor mounts replaced and normal maintenence. Now we have an oil leak and the ai conditioning system doesn't produce cold air and we can't figure out why. I would appreciate any helpful comments.
I have a 2013 Honda Accord (lease) with 17,000 miles on it. I have already replaced the starter (covered) and today was told the reason my air conditioning does not work is because of two holes in the air conditioning condenser caused by "road debris." The cost to fix this problem is approx. $600.00. Mostly labor. This is not covered by the 3 yr./36,000 mile warranty. In my research, it appears the damage caused by a design flaw. The condenser is too close to the grill allowing stones to damage the condenser. In 2012 Honda was sued, in a $40 million dollar class action law suit (Alin v American Honda Motor Co., Inc.) regarding this issue and yet no fix seems to be in the works. I could fix this today and have it happen again the way home. It seems Honda does not want to re-design and spend their money but have no problem taking mine. This is my last Honda.
I purchased my Lincoln from elderly neighbours. It was always garaged and well maintained. Rarely driven, it had 33 000 miles on it when I bought it two years ago. I had heard that they were super reliable and would run 200 000mi as NYC taxis and airport limos. At 35 000 the rocker arm fractured on the expressway at 72MPH. VERY expensive repair. Now the air has stopped working and the fan roars on AUTO trying to keep the vehicle cool. What a disappointment. At 38 500 no air. Another expensive repair coming up. Considering how long this model has been around, these kinds of repairs are a disgrace to Ford Motor Company. Love the car, wanted one for years, and now just a huge disappointment. Now I do not trust it!
Bought Montego Premier new from dealer in 2006 with CVT and AWD. 141k miles and still running well. Great in snow and ice. Only maintenance has been brakes, tires & fluid changes, including extra special ATF (only available at dealer). Not too sporty, but for our family, this car has been extremely dependable transportation year round.
I have been in love with Audi's for a long, long time, but after having owned one, I would strongly advice against buying. It drives beautifully, but the maintenance related issues will drain you dry. In the past 5 years, I have spent almost $3,000 / year, not including replacing the engine for about $7k after a water pump failure at 65k miles. 3 years after replacing the engine, the water pump failed again (luckily the engine was fine). Other maintenance related issues includes a failed fuel pump, catalytic converter, window motors, and the list could go on.
So, picked up a 1997 Explorer Eddie Bauer with 187K on her for less than a grand. I've found that working on it has been a breeze. A couple hick ups here and there but to be expected with an older rig. What I've done so far: blend door valve actuator replacement, air flow sensor replacement, camshaft sensor replacement (full shaft), pulled the entire carpet laid it out in the driveway and used our home carpet cleaner (it looks brand new), had to re-solder the Omeron inside the EATC (A/C wouldn't work), re-solder the light out module board (passenger side head light out), replaced all interior and exterior lights (in dash, in consoles, inside everything, just because), buff/polished everything including the glass, did the brakes, did the plugs and lines, re-upholstered the seats and installed a 2DIN HD, GPS, DVD touchscreen. Total about another $500-$700 (parts only, I did all the work myself) It is CHERRY! Looks, drives, smells brand spankin new!
would not stop alarming
My Kia rio has started giving me issues as well. I have a 2009 with 86,000 miles on it and today the engine practically died!!!! I will not be purchasing another Kia, of any kind. On top of that, you can not get parts for them except at the dealer. NO after market parts!!! I had to go to the dealer for a LUG NUT!!!
hi i drive a lot of cars i only like the real american car and the Lacrosse cxl is one of the best ! from my opinion i need more cold from the AC unit i would like more Indicators like oil level and oil temp' +vacuum indicator for save gas !!! but this what i bought !!! a lot of power and you can trust the car !!!4.5 star from 5 star
I love everything about the truck except the motor. We bought our 2010 in July 2014 with factory warrenty by November 2014 we started to have oil problems. By March 2015 they did rings and pistons , I asked for a new motor but the dealer said that coukdnt be done. Found out the warrenty people said it should have been done. Now its in the shop again with a knocking and no warrenty.
I bought my 2003 Lincoln Aviator new and it still drives perfect with almost 200,000 miles on it. I haven't made any repairs in 12 years except replaced the radiator once . It's been a great car and still is
I bought my car from a private owner and my car has many problems like it ac fans or need new front fan both of them, needs a transmission,need passenger Door handle, needs abs ligth repair, brake fluid have be flush out, left signal light need to be repair, Driver side bearing need repair,driver side door handle need be repair. inside fabric needs be replace. front windshield needs be replace.What I know I Love my car once you get things fix repair they work wonderful. I got the AC fix i turn the ac on it is Ice Cold in my car and i have too sometimes turn the AC off because I am cold or freezing in my car and the more I get things fix the better the car drive.Most repairs price ranges at $200.00 dollars to $300.00 dollars a repair. So if you do not like spending this kind of money on car repair do not buy this car.
2013 Nissan Sentra Car seems to have a lot of problems. The motor bogs out a lot, making a loud noise. My back tires ware quickly. And it just started recently over heating! The ac also doesn't blow cold air unless you are driving when you are stopped or parked it blows out hot air.