Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

I bought my 08 accent used at 123,000 km and let me tell you.....this car is the worlds biggest piece of shit! I am now at 234,000km and everything and I mean EVERYTHING is failing! I have done all the maintenance, replaced all my coils 4 times! My alternator, ball joints wheel bearings (the first replacement they didnt even last 10,000km). The heat doesn't even get warm in the winter ( I live in Canada) it handles like a loose sloppy whore even with snow tires, and now my power steering is gone..... now I know it sounds like 234,000km is alot.....not really I have a Plymouth voyager last me 750,000km! I do my own work, ive been around cars my whole life, every nut and bolt is replace properly and tourqed to spec, so its not my workmanship it is just a serious piss poor product. Hyundia can serious take this car and shove it up their collective asses! Im going back to Ford!
I have had my car since 1997, I bought it used, the previous owner/mechanic did not take care of the cooling system, thus I had to replace the engine, however, since then, it's new owner, my son has been enjoying it for the past three years with a few minor problems. I am replacing the clutch cable, for the first time, and am having trouble connecting it to the clutch pedal...
My very first car: a 2006 VW Beetle. About 101,000 on it when I bought it. I got into a small fender bender back in early April that required me to change the headlight and replace the front bumper. No problems. Except this is November now.And I am still having issues. Replacing the headlight took several months (because the first headlight replacement fell out in traffic on the feeder) and I still often get pulled over because it's gone out, and I have to demonstrate to the police that I have to either push or kick it back into place. I am constantly coming out of pocket for repairs - so often that I can't afford to pay off the car, nor can I save up any money for anything else. By now, I've paid more in repairs than the worth of the car itself. Nobody wants to do anything to try and do extensive repairs on it except for Volkswagen dealerships (which I can't afford). A mechanic actually told me that I essentially punched a hole in my wallet by purchasing a Volkswagen, because once they start having issues, they just keep piling up and never go away. I can't see myself ever purchasing one again, much less recommending one to a friend.
Bought my cirrus for 500 dollars drove for 1 1\2 years with only having to put tires on it now I think the fuel pump has went out of it haven't decided whether to fix it or just get rid of it. But has been a very dependable car.
The Fox Body Mustang is a small car that could be had with a big engine in its day. It remains a popular enthusiast's car today given the large number of aftermarket and performance parts that are available for Fox Mustangs. There was a big difference in the "seat-of-the-pants" acceleration between the automatic overdrive and the T-5 transmission models. The T-5 offering a lot more efficient delivery of engine power to the rear wheels. The biggest drawback of the Fox Mustang was a weak unibody that flexed way too much and plagued the car with squeaks and rattles due to its stiff suspension. The front seat frames were poorly constructed by Ford with most becoming broken over the years. The powertrains in the Fox Mustangs were fairly durable taking plenty of abuse from spirited drivers. Unmodified cars are hard to find today, with most not being worth the time or effort to restore.
A comfortable car delivering good fuel economy, low tailpipe emissions, excellent cargo space and reasonable reliability. Despite restyled Malibu models, GM continued to produce this car as a classic model due its desirable size and economy. GM had achieved consistency in manufacturing quality with this model. Virtually all 1999 3.1 liter J-code Malibu's exhibited the same component failures such as brake problems, leaking intake manifold gaskets, air conditioner control head failures and many more The interior of these cars was better finished than newer models of the Malibu and held up well over time. The clear coat pain was also improved from prior years delivering nearly 15 years of durability before burnout. Despite improved quality over prior GM models, Malibu durability in the long run was still lacking with most ready for the scarp yard at or before 150,000 miles.
Great car but difficult to understand complexity and if dealers would be consistently honest and affordable this car would be more of a pleasure to own.
I have a 2011 Jetta TDI, turbo went out at 103,000 cost ~$1100 the particulate filter is about to need replace, cost near ~$1200 for just filter, timing belt kit ~250-$380 w/ water pump, recommended. All this only estimated cost. The labor cost for these works approximately $4000. So all together you are looking to pay about $7000-$8000 for these services. These issue my come one after the other closely after the 100000 miles. Before this millage point no single issue with my car. I would say this mileage your car worth about $9-12K I am not sure how anyone can justify paying these high maintenance cost, which comes after each other or altogether. VW does not document all this hidden expensive services. I would say if the car was originally was about $100K this maintenance cost might be expectable, but not for this category car. I have not mentioned the $300-$400 cost every 40KMiles forth e transmission. So think twice before you buy these and might be other VWs. I would recommend looking Toyota or Honda. Good luck.
I just got rid of my 2010 acura mdx at 140K miles. For the last 2 years I have had to spend $4K a year in repairs. Recently I noticed that the transmission lost 2 quarts of fluid in less than 40K miles and the engine oil level went down 2 quarts in less than 4K miles. I couldn't wait to get rid of this. It was a money pit. I thought this would last at least 200K miles. I could have/should have purchased a ram 1500 or ford truck. I would have gotten at least as good if not better gas mileage and had a more durable vehicle. On top of that the luxury levels for the price of the truck vs the acura mdx would have been very close... Lesson learned though... I will NEVER EVER buy another Acura again. Even the Acura dealership, where I always got it serviced at, said it was only worth $2K to $4K. What a joke... Also I had to upgrade the high beams to HID because they were not bright enough. IF you only plan on keeping it for less than 80K miles then there is no issue...if you plan on keeping it for longer then you better have a large cash savings to pay for the repair bills. Oh yeah... I forgot to mention that the engine was knocking hard...either a piston or rod was failing in the engine. I could understand this if I didn't maintain it properly...I did take it to the Acura dealership for all services.
Engine get warm maybe the SAE 5 30 is too thin for the engine. My coolant tank had to be replaced as the float stopped working. The car drinks the engine oil too and also consumes the coolant. Catalytic converters went bad (2400 parts + 500 labor + 150 diag). I was covered in the Federal Emissions warranty of 70,000 miles and thus lucked out. CATS system fault which is a cheeky suspension fault costed me 1500$. And Now I have another engine light on :) Unfortunately, I love my car and thus like its design. I hope the newer models have resolved the issue. OH the 19" cool rims are fragile and susceptible to damage easily and causes air leaks.Its a huge bummer !
I have a G37 2010 convertible with 20000 miles and the dash is crack in different dash area.
I had nothing but constant problems with my vehicle. I purchased in it 2011. Got rid of it in 2015 4 years later. 1000 invested but continued problems. oil pressure sensor failed, car stuck in park , it would not shift out of park position, service air bad light, traction and stability control has been my worse problem cause the engine ti reduce power. It stopped on my husband as he was on a n incline in the middle of the street. The car would accelerate when he pressed the gas. The traction control and stability control lights comes on continually. Every 3 minutes of driving. The transmission started to go bad. Rear defroster stopped working. I would NEVER by this car again! Nothing but expense problems. Then final straw was failing transmission and air bags.
I bought my 2004 Camry in 2009 with 40,000 miles. Still going 158,000 miles later with regular maintenance and very little repair. Plan to keep my Camry as long as it runs! Love my Camry!!
Loved this little car. Only complaints were that air conditioning was weak and the low profile tires, while good looking, make the ride a tad rough. I know it's a sporty little wagon but you definitely felt it on poor California roads. Oh and the rear view mirror causes a huge blindspot at four-way stops! Especially for this long-torso guy!
I have a 2011 Nissan Versa with only 77k miles. Check engine light kept coming on but then go off. I also noticed the oil was reading low often even after oil change and topping it off. The next time the check engine light came on it was blinking and engine started to run rough. I had it towed to a reputable mechanic in town to get a diagnostic and found out the #3 cylinder had very little to no compression and the spark plug was full of oil. That's where my oil was going and why it was reading low. I now need a new engine! During my research I noticed similar issues not just with Versas but with other models so I contacted Nissan USA to find out what they're doing about this issue. Customer service issued me a case number and told me to take it to an authorized Nissan dealer for diagnosis and of course had to pay for again. That way Nissan consumer affairs will review my case. I did that and Nissan consumer affairs will not do anything to help repair my car. Says they are not able to financially assist at this time. What the heck does that mean? Nissan does not back their product nor do they care that their vehicle has already gone to crap at under 100,000 miles. I will definitely never ever recommend Nissan. If anyone has similar issues please reply to my email at I am not done or willing to accept Nissan's response and will be putting up a fight on this and could use all the help I can get.
Bought my 2006 Trailblazer in 2010/2011 with 68k miles on it and initially liked it (first two years), but four years later (127k miles) nothing but trouble. This Chevy is a piece of JUNK IMO. Terrible design, cheaply built, junk parts, etc. I get it the vehicle is almost 10 years old, but come on. Does every part HAVE to be designed to fail after 100K when you pay 30+ thousand dollars brand new? ridiculous! I am going to think long and hard before buying another GM product when the time comes and warranty will be EVERYTHING important as the brand. This is the second GM vehicle I've owned (I'm 35) and as soon as they hit 100k it seems like you might as well buy a second one and rotate them back and forth to the shop. TONS of costly repairs in my experience. Let me list a few for perspective buyers who are thinking about buying this vehicle used (they stopped making TBlazers back in 2009). Remember these are issues and parts I've had to replace in just the past two years. Replaced: 2 Water pumps (AC delco thing probably a lemon), fuel pump, 2 hub bearings, ac condenser unit & compressor, 2 ignition coils, windshield wiper pump and failed door locks). Issues I'm currently having: malfunctioning interior lighting, rear stereo speakers malfunctioning & shorting out, rear defrost totally failed, leaky intake manifold, leaky radiator and malfunctioning alternator. There are a few other items I can't think of at the moment, but you get the picture. This vehicle has cost me THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of dollars the past two years and it has been on thing after another. OEM parts suppliers and dealerships are making a fortune off people who keep these beastly vehicles outside of the warranty period. Performance wise it gets terrible fuel economy (even for an SUV/truck at barely 14 mpg with a 6 cylinder engine), features a clunky prehistoric era transmission, terrible uncomfortable seats typical of GM vehicles (not sure how they can't figure this out) and the list goes on. I'm disappointed and not happy. This might be my last GM product.
Currently driving my #7 Beetle ! And proud of it at 70 ! All the Beetles I've purchased for myself and my children over the years have been WONDERFUL. I currently drive a 2002 Beetle hatchback. I've read the comments and complaints, may I suggest. .....Research and find a reliable repair shop. Do ALL THE maintance as scheduled, use the CORRECT gas, oil and such. Maintain and care for your car. Don't let things go. I've had brand new cars and I've had some neglected wrecks. The secret is to maintain and care for your car, regardless of where it was made. Car care is like raising children. ..keep a close eye, work together, don't let things go, show lots of love and appreciate.
I am disappointed with the 2013 Santa Fe with the life of the rotors and pads so far as I know just the front end. I noticed a low growling sound when I would apply the brakes at speeds over 35 MPH so I took it to my mechanic iv'e been with and trust for 18 years, and he tells me that my front rotors and pads need replaced. The issue I have is there is only 20,000 miles on my car. I took it to the dealer and they said that no way are my rotors shot that whoever said this was trying to make money on me. When I told them how long I had been with this mechanic and that he had taken the time to show me the specs for the rotors in the book and then showed me the measurement on the rotors he said that there must have been a defect in the rotor material for them to fail so I said so this will be covered under Hyundais wonderful warranty and he said, of no, brakes fall under normal wear and tear. I said didn't you just contradict what you just said before when you told me there must be a defect in the material of the rotors so that would not be normal wear and tear and he said, without looking up from his screen, sorry but it falls under normal wear and tear. Obviously I can't wait to fight hyundai over the issue because they need done yesterday, but I am going to take it up with the Manager and if he says it's not covered then I will open a complaint with Hyundai Corporate. I should have just kept my 2010 Santa Fe but with the body and interior restyling I couldn't resist. Live and learn
Bought this car 5 months ago with 89k miles on it. Now has almost 94k miles. This car drives amazing, and driving became such an enjoyable thing ever since I had it. Maintenance and repair cost are pretty expensive. I have changed alternator and drive belt for $1k, changed blower motor (~$150) by myself, installed LED angel eyes by myself, throughly cleaned intake manifold + changed intake manifold gaskets + replaced MAF sensor + replaced all spark plugs by a repair shop (cost me another grand), replaced oil filter housing gasket ($15) by myself. The front brake pads and rotors are also at the end of their lives. Owning this car with 100k miles is really not a cheap thing to do. All these issues are common but they are ridiculously expensive to fix, and that's why I started to do the job by myself. In a word, I haven't regretted buying this car yet. It looks like a dream and it drives like a dream. MPG after cleaning intake manifold and replacing MAF sensor is much better than before. I'm getting around 25 in mixed driving.
Bought 2003 Corolla CE that had 90K miles in 2006 for only $7600, and our family put on another 100K miles in 9 years (total 191K miles). Engine and transmission has been solid with zero issues. Basically, I did the typical maintenance (oil, trans, tires, brakes, filters, etc.) and it is such a reliable car. However, the only problem is I thought I save few bucks by changing oil every 5000 miles instead of 3000, and I think that caused my catalytic convert / O2 sensors to go bad. Dealer wants $1600 to replace them, but cars too old to spend that much money. So I'm looking to sell it as is or just get $100 after market catalytic converter and have someone cut out the old one and weld the new on back on. And I can replace the O2 sensors myself. This will only cost me about $400 total. Even with the check engine light on, the car starts and runs reliably. Some noticeable interior quality issues were things like both front door inside plastic lining by the window base have lifted up, and some sidewall carpets have come off, and center dash door wouldn't close and eventually fell off, But these are minor cosmetic issues for a car that's 12 years old. Overall, I got every penny (and then some) out of this $7600 car over 9 years and change. FYI...this is 6th Toyota (Camry and Corolla) that we've had, and nearly all of them have been (boring to drive but) superbly reliable car to own. If you are value minded car owner, then Corollas and Camrys should be top contenders in your decision.
I got stuck buying from Dons used cars. He is a buy here pay here dealer. It is a 2004 Kia Optima and i was in a rush as they just done detailing the vehicle. So after i got the car home and checked KBB i found out he was charging me 4K over the book value! $7K for a vehicle with 166K miles on it! And its starting to break down! I put 4 new tires on it and that's all im going to do! Sometimes I get into it and she cranks up and stalls out?? Stay away from this guy! I ever asked if they could help me fix the problem and they said NO! Only good thing about this vehicle is the gas mileage! Nuf Said!
Truck has 30,000 miles. Rides/Runs great.4.0 liter strong and gets as good mileage as my toyota 2.7 liter. I use synthetic oil only. I haven't heard any unusual noise from timing chain area but I will pay special attention to this area
Awesome car!!! Bought it with 85,000 miles on it in 2006 and now have 322,000 miles on it and aside from scheduled timing belt replacements it has, basically, been only brakes, wipers, a couple of headlights and tires, It has all original equipment except radiator as my mechanic saw some bits of rust so I just had him replace it. Original alternator, ignition, transmission, steering etc. Have used Plus (87) gas and every 3 months treat it to a premium (93) and it runs great. I put about 25k per year on it and looking forward to 400k in about 3 years or so. Great car!
2007 Subaru never gave me problems until the check engine light came on and cruise control light was flashing. I have 120,000 miles and now was told to replace timing belt, head gasket and fuel tank and straps which cost me over $4,000. I don't understand why everything is failing and I don't think I am done yet. Always brought into dealership for maintenance and none of this was identified prior to this mileage.
I just purchased a 2002 Accord EX (4cyl Auto w/163000miles) from my sister last month. She purchased it new and had all service done at the dealer. She kept meticulous records in a binder on everything she had done to the car. Was I impressed. For the price I couldn't pass it up for a 2nd bang around car. Jury is still out on reliability, but so far it runs like a champ. If the tranny goes south, I'll just get out from under it. I have nothing to loose. Who knows I just may fix it.
Purchased a 2001 540I 6sp Manual w/Sports Suspension in 09. Car had 128,000. It now has 191,000. It's the 2nd best car I've ever owned. My best was an 89 BMW 535I 5 speed manual. The car is a blast to drive. Would NEVER own a BMW without a true manual transmission. Corners like a dream and the ride is as smooth as silk. It's the closest thing to owning an M5. The only difference is the 100 extra horses under the hood. This car has all the power you'll ever need. Since owning I've installed Bilsteins, front & rear suspension components, and had the timing chain guides done. At 150K if you do not replace the timing chain guides on a 4liter V-8, you might as well be playing "Russian Roulette". It's the one fatal flaw with with this particular engine. If the plastic guide fails and the timing chain skips a tooth, kiss the car goodbye. Also pay attention to the cooling system. It's a wise idea to replace the water pump w/a metal impeller. Why BMW continues to use plastic ones is beyond my comprehension. A new radiator, expansion tank & hoses are also recommended. Since the days of my old 72 Bavaria, BMW has always had issues with cooling. Besides these idiosyncrasies the car is top notch.
I understand that this car has a reoccuring problem with Seat belt pretensioner. Fixing it only last months. Isn't there a recall...who do I contact over this. I will not fix this again. Pull fuse and drive. Total disreguard for safety. Good job,Ford!
I have owned my Bronco for ten years,I am a woman. So ,I did get my oil changes regularly and have had to do the usual repairs , you know when something small goes, or brakes ,some front end work.I love this Truck it has always been reliable and I don't care about the mileage because of the safety part and getting through the snow. I am 5 feet tall 64 years old and I have a stool for when ever I need to check anything. Yes it is funny to see but I am safe. I want another one,mine has over 300,000 miles and the only thing wrong with it is the body is rusting off of it. The non Ford people or men keep telling me I should not and I am having a hard time finding one but I hope to find one soon,before snow.
Just purchased the car used with 90,000 miles and it looked very well taken care of but noticed some oil on the engine. I mentioned it to the salesman and he had a B.S. excuse but I already see more oil. Then I came here and saw all of the leaking oil issues. I am still in warranty so hope I can get it fixed. I really like the car except for that issue.