Newest Reviews:
  • 2009 Chrysler Town & Country I have a 2009 town and country the check engine light would come on and off perodically, my crysler dealer fix it , i also had to have the brakes done, and new keys made,but the light came back on after a few weeks, brought it in a few days ago for routine maintaince, now i am been told that the van is leaking coolant, and i need a new radiator. would never buy a chrysler again
  • 2008 Nissan Rogue nothing but trouble 3 transmissions under 120,000 miles. Shuddering during idle at an intersection so violently it shakes the entire car. Several dealerships no solution no support from Nissan. Notified their consumer complaint division, never got a returned call. Stranded more than once on interstate while on a trip (out of state) multiple problems, no solutions. Will never own another own.
  • 2000 BMW 540i I bought a 2000 a year ago with 145K. Despite 16 MPG (city) I would buy it again! Great Car! (Nice "Classic" look) - Fantastic ride. (Do wish the steering was a little more responsive like the 2003 M5, and that the interior was not so cheap or dated) I did have to make some repairs to it: Replaced Radiator and reserve tank (Apx $150) - For some reason they don't last that long in these cars - and $150 fixed the problem (Even if I have to replace it in a year or so - so what its an easy and cheap fix) Was having problems with the Alternator - BMW quoted me $800 for a new one and I found a rebuilt for $500. BUT after reading the message boards and finding that the Rebuilt ones often have faulty Voltage regulators I decided to replace ONLY the Voltage regulator ($50) and haven't had a problem since. NOTE - It requires the removal of the radiator, Fan, and serpentine belt (serp belt easy to remove with a ratchet placed on a nut and pushed - no need for major effort - Fan requires BIG crescent wrench - that you'll only use twice.) I also had to replace the window regulators (1 on the rear and 1 on the front) BMW quoted me $800 for the rear - I found it on like for $150(?) and got the front for about $50 (Don't get the super cheap ones where you get the set of fronts for $60 - they're junk).
  • 2005 Scion xB My XB has 156,000 miles and gets around 26 MPG in town and 30 on the road. I have 7 friends that have an XB and all get 38 to 40 MPG around town and 42 on the road. Anyone know why some do not get the 42 MPGs? Thanks
  • 2002 Infiniti G20 Good car overall. Cheap on fuel. No power house. But you can run 60-70 all day long. Nice interior. Nice sunroof. Decent radio Not to many cup holders.
  • 2013 Mazda CX-5 I am very disappointed in all the serious reports from previous owners of the Mazda CX-5 on the NHTSA website. These reports are not getting threw to the customers. All the while Mazda purchased all the rotors back from dealers, so there is a national wait list for new replacements. Mazda needs to make some RECALL soon before someone gets killed over the sudden deceleration and exceleration of their new model CX-5's. It just a matter of time before this happens, and I am so glad to have found the NHTSA website that reports VIN# also, We were about to buy a used -certified preowned FWD, the car fax reports shows 26 records under this report, I think its a lemon. ??????
  • 2006 Ford F-150 I am the sole owner of my 2006 F-150 Lariet crew cab truck. I am very impressed with the truck overall. How ever the dealership that I purchased my truck from needs help. 2 years ago I asked them to check on my electronic controls as it would noy get heat. They simply pushed the buttons on and off until it worked. Shortly after, I lost control of my seat,power pedal and mirrors. Now I read there is recall on the body control module ( it could short out and start a fire) , why weren't they aware of this and why wasn't I notified of the issue? I will bet it will be at 500.00 for them to look at and this is after it should have been fixed correct the first time ...
  • 2008 Dodge Avenger I have a 2008 dodge avenger bought n June 2007 no problems out of it till now its November 2014 has 150,000 miles on it now my oil light comes on constantly.Do anyone knows the problem there is no oil coming from no where. Any suggestions.
  • 1999 Ford E-150 back doors seem to always leak on all ford vans. blower motor, blower motor switch and resistor have problems.replaced one of these at least 5 times. front ends on ford vans are notoriously bad. i have had to replace front end twice. rust on bottom edges more than on other vans or cars. also i have had to replace coil pack. other than these problems van is fine.
  • 2006 Toyota Corolla I own a 2006 Corolla LE> This is my third Corolla (had a '95 and 2000 before.) I expect this to be the last car I ever buy. I wasn't looking for "sexy." I wanted reliability.And that's what I have. After about 75,000 miles, I just hope it lasts another 75,000. I do have one problem. My brakes frequently squeal when I start up in the morning, they're fine after a couple of minutes, though. I've had them checked a number of times and the mechanic thinks it's because I live in Florida and park outside.
  • 1993 Isuzu Pickup For a 26 year old vehicle that had spotty maintenance till now, this truck is easy to repair, so worth the investment and worth buying new parts 1 by 1. I just want to know how to get above 20mpg gas milage.
  • 2004 Kia Optima Bought my 2004 Kia Optima LX 4 cylinder in 2008. Had basically NO problems with it at all till 2014. Door locks would occasionally not want to lock or unlock from inside and outside, as well as, with key or door lock buttons. CD player would not always take in CD or would spit it out on it's own. Seem to go through breaks often and gas mileage not what was expected. 2014 - Engine all of a sudden died at 125K. Kept up with maintenance all the years I had it too. Replaced engine with a used 58K mile engine. Nothing but trouble since. Goes through oil like crazy, sometimes just won't start, will need to put it in neutral to get it to start, headlights and taillights will all of a sudden not turn on. Was great before this. Now I wish I would have just bought another car, but now I put so much money into it, can't afford to get another.
  • 1998 Lexus ES300 I purchased my 1998 Lexus ES300 in 2000 as a lease return with 50,000 miles on it and have had a wonderful experience with this car. I still have the original engine and transmission with 455,000 miles on them. I even have the original spark plugs still. I recently replaced the valve cover gaskets but am still experiencing a leak. I plan on driving this car until it drops.
  • 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe I bought the 2007 Santa Fe GLS 2.7 engine. Not much power and fails constantly. Technicians can't ever seem to find what the problems are. Latest problems... front brakes grind and pulse like the ABS is coming on. $400 for a front end brake job. LDW and other lights coming on intermittently; never did find the answer to that one. Brake problem again. Replaced the ABS brake computer module for $2000. Other reviews show the brakes and lights to be a real problem that Hyundai and NTSB don't wan to pursue. Just got rid of that money pit. It actually quit on me 3 times on the way to getting some money for it. Got $8000 for it from a car auction house. In turn I got a 2015 Chev. Equinox 1LT. Leased it for less than $1000 down and $270 monthly payments. Very nice with enough bells and whistles for my taste. The $8000 will get me almost 30 payments. Works for me....get it...the Chev. works for me...the Hyundai didn't. Oooiiyyyyyy
  • 2010 Chevrolet Traverse lacks alot of power. had this vehicle for 4 months and it has been and the shop once every month. Too many problems with this SUV. Mainly driving and performance issues.Looks great has gadgets but not dependable vehicle.
  • 2007 Mercedes-Benz ML350 Not sure why previous reviewer(same make, year, model)Mercedes has such difficulty. Bought mine pre-owned with 30,000 miles and now has 82,000. Rides great, no problems except a few bulbs from time-to-time and then there was the trunk latch replaced. Other than that, great car. Up to 81, 000. Plan to keep way past 100,000. My dad says cabs in Amsterdam uses same car! Previous cars of mine required way more work. I did get the CAR FAX before buying and it was good.
  • 2014 Audi A6 Just an absolutely fantastic car. The technology is superior to Mercedes and Infiniti (both I have owned). Fun to drive. The V-6 engine has a supercharger which puts out an exhilarating ride without any turbo lag.
  • 2003 Lincoln Aviator I purchased my 2003 Aviator "Kittyhawk edition" brand new. I love the looks of the vehicle and overall have had great service from the Lincoln. I just installed a new Ford replacement engine to replace the original which almost made it to 200,000 (missed by only a few miles). The only "issues" I have had with the vehicle are transmission (second replacement), Ford actually has a "kit" for the transmission to repear what appears to be a common problem with these transmissions. I just replaced mine with a new unit from Ford. Had the stifter issue (a recall) that was fixed by dealer. Front power seat issue that has since been fixed, and the door seals need attention. I also have the common crack in the plastic panel below the rear window. I have taken care of my Kittyhawk and people are surprised when they learn it's a 2003, as it still looks great. Overall I would have to rate the Aviator as above average..afterall I did get close to 200,000 out of the engine...that's not bad at all...
  • 2009 Chevrolet Impala I have less than 30,000 mi on my 2009 Impala. On-Star communication module died 1/2 thru 2200 mi trip. Would have been $550 to replace. Bought GPS instead for under $300. Upon arriving home, had local GM dealer look @ on-Star & offered to replace it for $300. They said after 5 years (no warranty), the computers in car can die. Said there are lots of internal computers. Few days after that, the car (w/only a 2-3 yr old battery w/5+ yr life)seemed to struggle starting and warning said auto-lights were on. We let car run & turned off auto-lights. A few days after that, same thing, but this time it said SERVICE AIR BAG. That light remains on. Auto book said to take it to dealer because it means air bag may not go off in a crash OR it could go off @ any time even w/o a crash. Less than 30,000 miles, well-maintained car and now internal computers & electrical equipment is failing???? Remember - 2009 impala had seat belt, air bag, & key ignition recalls. What's wrong w/GM cars these days?
  • 1998 Lexus GS400 My '99 GS400 is now 15 years old with 210,000 miles with nary a problem. Reliable, fast, and smooth. Other than normal maintenance it has never had an issue. A friend has an '01 LX470 (same motor) with 300,000 miles and I plan on getting at least that much out of mine. I have no plans on ever selling it. Fantastic car!
  • 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe I purchased my Santa Fe new and it now has 298,000+ miles. No problems until the last 50,000 or so. Had to replace altenator, air conditioner conpressor, timing chain, and now having trouble with power steering. All said and done, this has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. Interior still looks new, flaking on paint though.
  • 2005 Buick LaCrosse I bought this car 2 years ago with 29k miles. It now has 44k. It has climate control and the AC is on constantly even when I turn it off manually it comes back on when restarted. Had to replace hood struts and rear window regulator. The headlights stay on an hour after sunrise so I cant read the digital display. The outside air temp can take up to 45 min before it registers correctly. The top of the dash cracked in 3 spots on three occasions. When power seems weak, I pull off the road and restart and all is fine. The side view mirror only moves in 3 directions. The center brake light is out and both sections of the back seat need removed to get at it. Something new goes wrong every time I try to sell it. And now I have an ignition recall.
  • 2007 Mitsubishi Endeavor I bought my 2007 Mitsubishi Endeavor in 2012. Shortly after I bought it with only about 50,000 miles on it, the blower motor decided to quit working. Fortunately I bought an extended warranty and was able to get it fixed for a small deductible. I am very unhappy with the braking system. I have had the front brake pads replaced and the rotors turned once since I bought it. The rotors tend to prematurely warp causing pulsation in the steering wheel. The rear calipers are not working correctly and I think it may be caused by poor metal used on them. Unfortunately the vehicle has been on the east coast since it was new and the salt has corroded the calipers and other braking components. I have owned other vehicles and never had problems with calipers going bad unless they had over 100,000 miles and were more than 10 years old. From what I understand there was a recall on braking components and I need to contact the dealer to see if it falls into the recall. T The body is made of cheap metal that dents very easily. Roof racks tend to have the silver paint chip off easily. I have noticed this on other Endeavors as well. Electrical and light components work for the most part, but I have controls that don't light up at all. IE: electric window buttons. Radio display is in poor position along with the way the radio is laid out. Center console leaves much to be desired. Cup holders are not large enough and poorly positioned. Lower lid on console comes off hinges all the time. Engine is too much horsepower for such a light SUV. Uses a lot of fuel. A 4 cylinder or smaller V6 would have been adequate. Exhaust has always been on the noisy side. No holes in pipes or muffler. Heating and A/C work but it takes too long to heat and cool vehicle. Suspension and steering leave a lot to be desired. Struts are noisy and ride is not as smooth as what my Buick Rendezvous was even though it had bad struts.
  • 2007 Buick LaCrosse I bought this car from my grandmother before she died. it a 2007 Lacrosse. it only had 22000 miles on it. it has always had a musty, mildew smell. especially after it rained. I started going through the trunk looking for this smell and found out that the trunk leaks water in right above the tail lights. I've made appointment with the dealership. This is defiantly a poor design. Hopefully they fix it. Also clunking when I true the steering wheel.
  • 2010 Cadillac SRX We two 2010 SRXs. One had major AC problems at 10K that took 5 visits to the dealer to fix. I also had to have all the wheel bearings replaced at 65K. The other SRX had the same bearing problem and now the head lights don't work, we think because of moisture. We have the extended warranties on both and now the dealer is saying the head lights are not included. And it isn't just the bulbs. It is a housing issue. I'll never buy another.
  • 1995 GMC Vandura 3500 I have a 1995 on my second engine no 5 cylinder keeps going bad spent $1500.00 now I can't afford a another one second engine lasted one month not happy
  • 2012 Audi A3 TDI Whats not to like. A splendid car all around for my needs. Doubles on a number of counts. Its roomy utility hatchback to carry a fair size load but stylish enough to take to a gala concert. It has both both great highway comfort, and nimble in city traffic attributes. Plenty of torque for highway entries, power to holdup at speed. No compromise when it comes to build quality, houses sensible group of interior features, very nice sun-roof with extended roof glass. All works very well, love the zone controls and heated seats. Distances its competitors on fuel economy and attention to ever so important eco-friendly/low emission feature. Can't think of any other vehicle that comes close to this excellent design.
  • 2013 Volvo S60 I am very disappointed and heart broken with my S60,Volvo, 2013 It is not 1 year old yet. Just to name a few things. car's front end vibrates badly when just riding on the beltway, at any speed. Vibration can also be felt inside front on drivers side and even worse on passenger side front. When you pull off from a stop with little pressure on the gas pedal, front tires squeal, when you turn to the left with a very sharp turn, more squealing, from the tires. If you try to stop at a reasonable speed on the wet or dry surface, the brakes seems to pull the car to the side and a pulsation is felt in the brake pedals. This if frightening. Also, I had a leak, inside the car, front driver side. Too much, too many squeals from tires from any direction at any time.
  • 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe The master fuse relay went out, stopping the car cold. Fortunately, the Sante Fe had a little less than 60,000 miles on it, so warranty covered the expensive repair. My big gripe is that it is almost impossible to change a burned out headlight. You have to remove the entire headlight assembly (the large plastic piece). I saw a guy do it on Youtube, but while I could get the assembly off, I could not get it back on. I could not get the plastic to tuck beneath the sheet metal. The dealer says they replace headlight for $60! I don't have a quibble with the charge (anytime you get out of a repair shop for under $100 is a blessing) but to build a vehicle in which the consumer cannot even change the headlight is terrible. Based on this alone, I would not buy another Sante Fe (I have owned 2, but the lights on the first one never burned out, so I was not aware of the asinine design).
  • 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Bought a 2007 PT Cruiser base model about 3 years ago for my Son's first car. If you don't read any further at least read this NEVER EVER BUY ONE OF THESE JUNK CARS. I laugh at these PT forums where they think the car is so freaking great. The car looked great, base model, silver, chrome wheels. But in my gut, being an experienced backyard mechanic I knew Chryslers poor quality history but my Son wanted it. I wanted him to be happy. The car only had 37,000 original miles bought privately. Where do I start? I am sure I will forget a dozen things. lol. Assembled in Mexico. Burns engine oil, about a quart in a 1000 miles if you use 5w 20. A/C reeks like cat piss in the summer. Takes your breath away. Button for recycling interior air fails to work all the time. Idles terribly. MPG avg 17. Never ever got 20 mpg. All engine mounts torn and replaced. Tail lights both let water in, leak. Control arm bushings both bad. Complete rebuild front end. Struts went bad. Replace entire new strut units but front end continues to clunk. Could be the drive shafts but I not replacing them. Spare tire is loose, makes noise over bumps even when installed and inflated correctly. New starter. Car needs like another high gear. Engine revs too high on highway. AC lost all refrigerant. Stalls when idling with AC on at times. Rear soft touch hatch release works when it feels like it. Gas cap seal failed, check engine light came on. Other than that highly recommended. lol. Do yourself a favor. Buy a Honda Civic.