Newest Reviews:
  • 2009 Mercedes-Benz R320 BLUETEC I am the owner of canadian version of this car. I totally agree with the previous review. Excellent, heavy, robust, beautifull car. But there's allways something wrong with it. In two years I've paid more than $3000 on repairs only. I've even had a leakage from the steering wheel power unit. One simple gasket = $1700 to be repaired. Unbelieveable. Plus maintenance. This car, drains money out of your pocket. Real shame for Mercedes.
  • 2012 Mercedes-Benz S550 Purchased 2012 S-550 with 18,000 miles within first month had stall converter replaced in transmission and speaker replaced. Car pulls to right and back tires need replaced every 10,000 miles. At 40,000 had to replace front rotors and brake pads. Very happy with cars performance but replacing tires every 10,000 miles and having to replace brakes at 40,000 is upsetting.
  • 2006 Lexus LS430 That isn't an '06 in the picture. This is a fantastic car. I have owned mine since 2009. Great handling, a phenomenal ride that is like floating when you drive at high speed on the highway, tons of trunk space and leg room in the backseat for an actual adult. The LS also has a first-class engine. Tons of power, very fast even with four people, and an engine that has vehicles with over 1 million miles on the road. JD Powers best in class for more than 15 years ! It was also rated "best vehicle ever made for north America" on one major site. And the best yet, is that they are very reasonably priced used for a vehicle you could easily drive for 10 years and not be bored. Still gets looks when I drive it. Most foreign luxury cars have slipped on quality since mid-2000's, so this car is even more valuable. Good Luck, really can't go wrong here.
  • 2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK320 Have had the common problems , replaced the crankshaft position sensor, and the engine management relay, both were simple DIY fixes. Had the tail light units replaced under a recall notice. Love the car. Handles and drives great. The Chrysler Crossfire shares 80% of the mechanical components with the SLK320. It is very helpful to buy a factory Crossfire service manual(2-3 vols).
  • 2014 Toyota Prius After 8 or 9 months I noticed performance decreasing I used to do well with gas mpg but am only getting 36 mpg after 1 year. I am not happy with this car at all. I could have spent half of what I did to get this kind of performance. dealership in limerick pa gets all defensive when I mention this problem and tells me their are all kinds of factors for poor performance and they can not controll that.I should be able to get at least 40 mpg they claim it can get 52 mpg. I think it is poor customer service. I suggest not going to Limerick PA Toyota!
  • 2013 Ford Taurus overall i like my 2013 taurus limited. torque is low,the ride is not all that great, but i after marketed the air intake.i seem to get a lot more horespower now. i dont really like the dashboard controls.
  • 1995 Buick Park Avenue Ive owned two buick park avenues. A 1994 and a 1995. Both beautiful cars. Such a smooth drive, gets great gas mileage for the size of the car, V6 engine, and so much space to spread out compared to newer cars. My dad got the first one for me and my brothers for its extremely large engine and strong frame for more protection if we ever got in a car crash. Great for teen drivers. Both buicks had pretty much the exact same problems. One of my biggest pet pevs is the electric system. The first buick had a wiring system that was over heating the car so much that it would shut down. I have had to replace numerous electrical parts in the car-most common: seats, power steering button, trunk button, and windows. I would say the only main problem is the electrical system. I dont know why but my battery would always die (replaced 3 times between both cars) I would say be prepared to replace electrical every now and then. The engine did go on me with both buicks-after 100,000 sum miles. The great thing is that in wisconsin there are so many buick parts that it didnt cost to much to find a newer engine- havent had a problem after that. But other than that the car is beautiful. Great in winter conditions- heaver so it doesnt get stuck so easy. Once its moving it just coast. Make sure to regularly change the oil, fill up the tires, and baby it. Itll run like a champ if you keep up to date with it. In the past 2 years I have only had to make 2 repairs on it due to rust. -Tamara
  • 2003 Honda CR-V I HAVE PROBLEM MY CAR DIED EVERY OTHER NIGHT. CHANGE BATTERY AND ALSO ALTERNATOR. CHANGE THE ALARM CERBERUS. I DON'T NOT WHAT ELSE TO DO,I TRIED EVERYTHING PEOPLE SUGGEST ME.
  • 1994 Volvo 940 Bought the car new in 95 with one purpose in mind; protection for my wife and kids. Through the years, the Volvo has saved life limb and trauma on two different occasions. (auto crashes ie; being plowed into by other vehicles. Only until recently, our volvo has had minimal mechanical/electric problems...but now, pushing on toward 300K and into another twenty years of service, is "she" faltering. I raised three boys in the back seat of that car..picture it in your mind..yeah shes taken a beating inside and out..But I'm telling you, the 940 Volvo wagon is still as much of a world class car today as the day I drove it off the lot. Its paid for itself a couple of times and is proudly my wisest money spent ...ever. Bury me in my wagon. Million miles, here we come.
  • 2004 Chrysler Crossfire Purchased my Scarlet 2004 Crossfire in Aug 2014 (100154 mi.) at Manheim's Auction Haus in NC after having had 2 Ford Explorers since 1996. The only problem I saw was that the headlights were foggy, but not that bad. I would like a figure out how to clean them without having to pay through the nose to get them fixed. But other than that, and the fact that the gas tank is really small, everything was great until it wasn't. The tire sensor light never goes out, but I actually do have to air up the passenger front tire weekly. And I hear squeaking everytime I rolled over the railroad tracks. I found out that it could either be struts or the swaybar. Either way, I'm looking at having to take it in to dealer. My glove box decided it wouldn't close anymore too and I have NO idea how to keep it closed. Somehow the the AC dial broke and not its stuck on HOT and it gets really hot! and the driver side seat warmer doesn't work!! But perhaps the worst thing about owning a car made on a Benz platform is that I can't read anything on the engine!! EVERYTHING'S IN GERMAN!! I don't know where anything goes! If I did, I'd D-I-M (do it myself). I appreciate the tip on sucking the oil out through the dip stick because I noticed it's running more like a put-put now than the vroom-vroom it was sounding like before it got cold. That cover below the engine holds water and I am skeptical about going under it. And I know that cant be good. I really wish I could find a video on how to install the crankshaft positioner and EGR valve. That way I could use that $$ on two new front tires. They are worn more on the outside than inside. Should I have them rotated or get new ones? I don't want to get rid of it. But I will definitely have to get a vehicle that isn't so hard on my wallet.
  • 2003 Volkswagen Beetle I've owned VWs all my life and love my 2003 beetle since I bought as second hand with 13,000 miles on. It is a great city car, easy to park and maintain; we've traveled to Canada, around the East Coast and so far, so good ... Sorry for the people that did not have such a good experience but I have to say that I am as happy as I was when I first got it. About to replace the battery and looking to get advice and/or suggestions. Thanks!
  • 1990 Ford F-150 This is my 1st Ford and my 1st used truck. I really like the truck. Its 25 years old and like everything else, things wear out. Im impressed how solid this little is truck. I have the 5.0L with the long base and I really like. The fact that I can work on it is great, now adays just about everything requires the need of a computer and Im a hands on type of guy. My problems seem to revolve around the fuel and tank assemblies. However, I look at this as challenge and enjoy finding and fixing stuff like this. I have no real complaints.
  • 1996 Acura TL my 96 tl just decided it did not want to start anymore. after process of going into every possible cause, discovered that the fuel pump relay went bad( the relay thats up at the top but behind the fuse panel on the drivers side, very hard to find- the relay had cold solder joint cracking, and I just desoldered 4 spots, and resoldered the 4 points, put it back together, reinstalled it behind the fuse panel(where they hid it so you couldn't find it) and the car started right up and has been running great, again, and will for another 320k miles, I am sure (Yes, thats 320 thousand miles on the odometer, and she is not ever hinting of a rebuild, yet. When that time comes, I will rebuild the engine, and keep this car until the end of time! its been the best running, most reliable, and still damn fast, (she will STILL squalk the tires when it shifts getting on the freeway) and although I have been a firm Chevy owner for the past35 years, this Acura is every bit as reliable as all my Chevys were,(which is very reliable). so if you have an '96 Acura Tl 3.2, keep it, you will not find another vehicle that will take care of you like these, and I wouldn't chance it on another vehicle unless you have another transportation vehicle back up. And, my Black '96 Tl 3.2 is the best looking of all the years, all the newer ones just look like all the other cars on the road, but the '96 has that mean but nice look to its front end.
  • 2005 Pontiac Sunfire Bought used 13k miles now 98k. One of the best cars I.ve ever owned.Great car to drive.
  • 2010 BMW M6 I am really enjoying my M6, with its 6 speed manual transmission...!!!!
  • 2005 Toyota Camry My car has 98,000 miles on it. As a stay-at-home mom, I use it sparingly during the school year, and on long-distance car trips each summer. It's been a great car for us.
  • 2004 Nissan Xterra I bought my 2004 Xterra from the first owner. It's been reliable. Problems I have experienced are common for the vehicle. I live inner city. From time to time in the winter I get a check engine light.Scanning showed a loose gas cap.Locking gas cap does not keep people from siphoning gas.If electrical comes on but car refuses to start then move shift lever with the brake depressed and reposition into park. The lock out switches on this version are touchy.I have less than 100kmiles and already have had to replace the alternator, and rear springs. That dual catalytic converter replacement is going to be spendy and mine is on the way out.If they go through calipers frequently make sure to buy a pre-loaded caliper and a must do is to change out the rotors at the same time.Bad rotors will wear out brake pads and calipers very fast.My most recent problem is the dash lights went out as well as the tail lights. Nissan wants a grand to rip my dash apart to change the harness.I am retired and don't have it.I guess I will only be driving in the daylight hours from now on. The fuses are all okay. I read that if one of the tail lights or running lights is out it'll do the same thing and no one has to rip the vehicle apart to change the part.I will try to check the light bulbs myself and then recheck the tail light fuse. The dash lights are connected to the tail light and those fuses are located in the box next to the battery. My other option is to go to the vo-tech when they are doing wiring and have them do it for parts money.
  • 1999 Cadillac Seville SLS i bought my sls two years ago. had security system fixed, ( was the ignition switch). it now has 221,933k miles on it and runs great.shocks all bad though and cost more to replace than blue book for car.what a shame.other down side to this car is the low beams. lenses yellowed, like the shocks,very expensive to replace
  • 2009 Buick Lucerne Car has 43,000 miles,always serviced before it's called for and the transmissions gone, needs replacement, had all sorts of problems with lane sensor, side obstacle sensors, on star and ignition switch, but nothing like the huge expense of having the tranny rebuilt. GM just isn't what it used to be. Beautiful car but not built to last and it wasn't cheap either.
  • 2013 Toyota Prius we were shopping for a small SUV like the Venza, but the Toyota Rep took my wishlist and showed us the Prius V and I was sold instantly! I love the height of the seats so getting in and out is much better than a sedan. I love the roominess of the hatchback on the V, and the gas mileage can't be beat, esp. compared to the Venza at about 19mpg! I'm not too techy so the nav/bluetooth/etc is just a bonus. I do like the handsfree driving on the phone. The ONLY major complaint is the Visors! Yes, the sun visors! They are not long enough to block the sun from the side window position, and just a tad shallow for the front position. Even if a slider were added, that would help, but it's kind of a big deal for me. We are a small family, hubby is 5'11" and he even loves the roominess in front and back. In Cali, we commute and drive at about 25000 miles per year. This has not failed us and have had zero problems. The bonus is the Toyota dealership in Temecula, CA is awesome! I even take our Ford F-150 and Honda Accord to them for routine maintenance!
  • 2006 BMW 530i My 2006 BMW now has 167100 miles and I have been faithfully maintaining it since its original purchase. It has rewarded me with impeccable performance although I've experienced some repairs: a water pump at 50K miles, a radiator at 154K miles, a new oil pan, regular brakes repairs, a hairline break in a wheel, a starter at 130K miles, a trunk actuator + light replacement, a front headlight, an average $120/month maintenance cost(not including tires) and an excellent MPG(up to 34 MPG at 75 MPH with no air conditioning running). I love the finish in this car and the smooth purring engine, unlike any other car I've owned. This is my 4th BMW and I intend to stay loyal to the brand as its performance-price- comfort ratio is quite competitive. It still looks like new(dark metallic blue color)and I enjoy it every time I jump in the cabin! Recommended......
  • 2008 Chevrolet Aveo 2008 Chevrolet Aveo Bought this car for my wife, 29February2008. She agreed that she wanted this 'Silver Girl'. Just arrived from SE Georgia to Rhode Island, January2015, 58K miles. The car's performance was very impressive, thanks to front wheel drive. It treated us very well. I would recommend this model car to anyone. You are right though, it goes through 50K tires in 25k. I was told, "it's because you haven't rotated them, every oil change". Guess what, it's worked. Now as for the low tire air pressure light, you have to do a re-set when you rotate the tires according to the manual. One other problem that we're having is the passenger air bag light will not go off? I know that there is a mechanic 'out there' that knows a trick or two (probably could make some extra $$$) or just share with all of us (save us the dealer unwanted & unwarranted to them $$$) how to solve this problem "at home". Thanks Bennett Chevrolet. It was either the Aveo or the Cobalt... HE > i...
  • 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer I have a 06 trailblazer and I have had problems with it since I got it. The belt broke then the gear shaft the lights will dim and when I mash the gas they brighten up, the car cuts off when I stop at a stop sign and the speakers work when they won't to then when they do work its one then another its never all four of them.
  • 2005 BMW 645Ci All these comments from somewhat believable, caring ppl, with these issues with this BMW? Wow...Has anyone ever said these BMW's started out with a price tag well above $60k, $70k & $80k?...These specific 645ci 2004's, 2005's were designed, enginered and launched out (for sale by BMW dealers around the world) to a population of Baby Boomers, Mellinial's and X-PAC's with the ability to absorb the initial price tag yet later sub-allocate the BMW 645ci as an inherited vehicle (with some issues) that was built and produced well before it's time.
  • 2007 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 2007 Suburban LS. Its the 9-seater (has 9 seatbelts) although we never use the front middle bench.. pretty cramp. Anyway.. bought this in November 2006.. and in January 2007.. the first snow fall in my town in New Jersey.. the car would not engage in 4 wheel drive. Annoying.. but went to the dealer, and it was covered under warranty, had to have what they called an actuator replaced. Right then, I thought oh boy.. this is going to be a lemon... but surprisingly we drove it back and forth from NJ to Florida perhaps 6 times... NJ to the Carolina's.. to Lake Placid.. to Montreal.. and basically a great comfortable ride with the long wheel base and comfy seats for the family of 5 we have, and plenty of cargo space for luggage, boogie boards, ski's and what have you. Love the truck.. then almost exactly 7 years from the day we bought it.. had it serviced, a major one.. costing like $1k.. tune up... oil.. 4wd checked...and transfer case serviced, etc. I told my wife, that we should consider trading it in.. as the new Suburban model was coming out. Rather, we decided that we get another SUV.. and traded in her Honda Accord for a 2014 Durango R/T with AWD. We figure .. just in case, we have a back up SUV we use the 2007 Suburban for only long haul travel. Sure enough, on the way to Clearwater Florida in August 2014, a check engine light went on.. and $866 service from Dimmit Chevrolet (during vacation), to clean up oil build up which prevent oil circulating to the top of the engine.. mentioned a second clogged oil filter there was just clogged... then on the way home.. in Jacksonville, car would no longer go past 50 mph, engine light back on... we simply shlepped slowly back north and at Paramus Chevrolet, had $1,800 to fix.. timing chain stretched, and chain tensioner broke.. which needed replacing... Thinking all is well.. on day before Thanksgiving, it made it to Montreal Canada with 4wd working flawlessly in a huge snowstorm in the east.. no problems.. feeling smug again.. then on the first week of January.. got a "service air bag" sensor light go on.. and on a day of about 3 inches of snow.. the 4wd would not engage again... scheduled an appointment for Jan 19th but never made it.. on the way home Jan 10th from Red Bank NJ... the transmission started slipping and just died. Stuck at the Gardenstate Parkway at 2am... had the Suburban towed to the nearest Chevy dealer.. Circle Chev in Shrewsbury, NJ. well its Jan 24th, picked it up lastnight, the bill . $4,328. New tranny, front sensor for air bag behind bumper replaced.. had the front brake pads and rotors done.. another replaced Tcase actuator for the 4wd done (the car's 3rd one !.. I only used 4wd perhaps a dozen times in its life!)... so here I am today. Car runs great again... I love the ride.. the cargo is awesome, more than the newer Suburban model.. more than the new Expedition EL too. Perhaps this is it..should I keep it.. I'm already about $8k is service fees in past 14 months.. no more worries ? or not. Suburban has 81,400 miles.
  • 2013 Honda Insight Have a little over 60k miles after 2 years and we bought it new December 2012. Great gas mileage and I find it fun to drive. Short wife drives it mostly ... a little small for me, I am 6'4" and very fat. But I still love this car. Only regular maintenance done with exception of an oil pressure switch replacement at 60K which I frankly think should not have happened. I do pamper the cvt changing filters and fluid sooner than manufacturer recommendation. We are in coastal Georgia where it is flat and not much traffic. Note that in economy mode the air switches off when stopped ... a little inconvenient in the sweltering Georgia summers. I looked at a Prius first and hated the Prius. I would buy again ... if they had not discontinued the 2nd generation Insight. I have read that at 120k these begin to burn a little more oil ... guess will see about that since I drive my cars until the wheels fall off ... figuratively speaking that is. By the way the price you can get one for now is a screaming deal for this realiable quality car. Granted you do eventually get stuck with the cost of the hybrid battery eventually but if you drive a ton of miles the gas savings kind of make up for it I would think.
  • 2006 Ford Freestar I have a 2006 Ford Freestar #3 cylinder is misfiring Is What The Code Reader Is telling me and the Engine light is on Cowboy Carl
  • 2011 Mercury Grand Marquis We bought this car in late 2010 now have 73,000 miles lots of spacious and rides like sitting on a couch. Only problems had out the car be brakes went at 23,000 miles and passenger window regulator wouldn't roll down but at time still had extended warranty. Gets 25 MPG and 452 Miles to Empty wish the car had navigation but it's a great large full size yacht always take trips down to VA and D.C very quiet driving the car. I wouldn't trade the car anytime sooner like the controls and digital dashboard is best. Grand Marquis has excellent handling the engine is definitely more powerful than ever absolutely loving this car. Overall though these cars are discontinued forever will keep this car until hits 400,000 miles love extra room fits six passengers even driven other people on long rides to Manhattan everyone rode in this car truly loved the Grand Marquis this car has got low maintenance and scheduled oil changes does well in snow I replaced ALL SEASON TIRES after first bought the vehicle. Believe rather keep my Grand Marquis than driving a Toyota or Honda plus any vehicle out there we are middle aged people in our mid 40s but my parents drove large yachts so now I grew up learning to drive in Dad's Buick even drove a 1985 Grand Marquis to college in Chicago back in the 90s loved that car all my friends made fun saying that was a grandpa's car but whenever they needed a ride they all loved it because it beat their little duke cars having more power to a V8 engine. Our 2011 is very reliable have another friend who lives in Boston bought a 2011 used in 2013 he loves as well even both of us always chat on Facebook saying how we rather drive these cars than small vehicles because they are the safest he added a dual flow master exhaust pipes and tinted the windows but his wife doesn't like the vehicle which she owns a BMW but she doesn't complain when needed more room for their children driving to school or etc. I love this car will always drive it until it dies on me we also bought a 2015 GMC Yukon Denali wife SUV but use when taking longer trips across the U.S but drive Grand Marquis around town or short trips it's a great car.
  • 2009 Chevrolet Malibu I bought this car in Dec. 2008, not realizing it was a new remodel. I hate this car so much now. Worst turn radius ever. Something new is broken on this piece of crap car every time I look at it. Replaced the battery cables, the battery has been replaced twice already, headlamp replacement fiasco (have to remove the damn bumper to change the bulb), visor fell off, radio buttons don't work, ABS is touchy, driver seat track loose ($800 to replace by the way), driver seat buckle stuck in locked position, replaced rear window insulation four times...my car only has 38,000miles on it. My brother has the same car, bought a week later - he had all the same problems as well as a cylinder going bad and his front right tire fell off while he was driving. DO NOT EVER BUY AN 09 MALIBU LTZ
  • 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis Bought 97 Marquis for son 7.5 years ago for $2700. It had 73,000 miles on it. We just sold it for $800 and it has over 248,000 miles on it. Original Engine and Original Transmission. The problems that we have had seemed to be common to everything I read on the web. We had the following. At 143,000 miles I had to replace the manifold which is common. I bought one from rock auto and repaired myself. It cost less then $200 which included coolant change, a couple hoses and new thermostat. Haven't had a problem since. Have had driver side power window assembly fail twice, but cheap repair, replace myself and have lifetime warranty on the part. Biggest problem with the cars has been with ball joints, have had to replace upper and lower and tie rods. If you have a car like this and can do the work yourself it would be wise to replace the upper and lower ball joints & tie rods. For the lower purchase a control arm with the ball joint installed and it just becomes a matter of bolting everything on. You can get the control arm assembly for about $68 at Rock auto (Dorman)The upper Dorman you can get for about $43. If you hear one going bad replace all 4, front shocks, tie rod(inner and outer $56) and take it in for an alignment. Front seatbelt buckle assembly broke. Got one at junk yard for $20. Had a rear wheel bearing go. Another thing about this car is that you have to change the plugs and wires every two years. At the time of sale the car with over 248,000 miles with the original transmission and engine doesn't have any codes. I have had to replace O2 sensors. One time I had the code for catalytic converter and read on the internet could be an oxygen sensor and that is what it was. Car has original exhaust is still quiet. I did replaced a couple of the rubber hangars that I was able to get from Advanced Auto. Car does not handle well in winter but rides smooth in summer. Original Air conditioner equipment is still working. Overall this car has been very cheap, Have had for 90 months and it cost $2700 - $800(sale)=$1900 That is about $21/month plus only had it insured for State minimum which was about $40 month for son. For parts and maintenance(including tires) have probably spent less then $3000. I figure our cost of ownership for everything was about $90-$100 a month not counting gas.