Newest Reviews:
  • 2000 BMW 328Ci Rear driver side subframe cracks and the repair is 4900 dollars. They replace the subframe from the beginning of the backseat to the rearend. After the crack you can loose 1/2 in. In height On drivers rear. The problem is the car Chassis is for a 325 2.5. Engine and they install a 2.8l engine which produces more torc on three rear in. They had a class action law suit filed for all E46's. From 1999-2005 the letter went out to owners who were In the 328ci and the letter advices them too take their car into BMW. Service center to inspect and have a free repair. The settlement ended in 2009 and was open for all cars until 2010. After that it is on a case by case basis. They usually will do a percent off how long you have been a Customer. Even then it it's only. 50 percent.
  • 2005 Dodge Neon Owned this car for ten years now. No problems. It is my favorite car. I can't upgrade, they stopped making these nice cars. I owned 3 neons and loved em all..they are great. Low maintenance, cheap repairs..
  • 1997 Saturn SL2 This is my first car I love it. It only takes $20 to fill the tank. It's got more than enough room for my kids and I to be comfortable and It drives smooth the only thing I would add is a cd player other then that no complaints. It is of course a used car other then a few interior issued from the previous owner that won't cause much to restore it's a good relaiable vehicle.
  • 2003 Mercedes-Benz C240 4MATIC Love love love my C240 4-matic. In being the original owner for 13 years I have only dealt with 2 major services at MB and fixed incidentals and oil changes at 10k with original parts for less than the suggested $300 at the dealership. It is a matter of the dealerships having proficient techs who know what they are doing or are not expected to break stuff to get you to trade-in when your car is just broken in. All in all for the 127K miles I have driven 7K in repairs or maintenance is no biggie over 13 years considering you can never really leave the Honda dealership without dropping at least $200 every 5-7K or 3 months depending how you drive just for oil changes,washer fluid, air filter every single time. This car is a work horse I would not trade for anything. My goal is to run it to 300k. It rides great, doesn't miss a beat and other than missing the ipod jack and navi it has everything that most cars have today except I've enjoyed it for 13 years!
  • 2008 Chevrolet Aveo One gets what one pays for. Low air tire pressure light on since I've had it. Putting air in tires does no good. Have changed serpintine belt twice. Over 65 mph car squeals like a pig. Heavy wind causes hard driving to keep on road. Passenger front door starting to rust in middle of door. Had to have two sections of exhaust replaced. Front end needs alignment. Garage wants $1350 says everything is worn out? Reputable place so I wonder? Check engine light comes on. Checked and it comes back rear oxygen sensor. Light goes on and off sometimes stays on a month stays off a month. Finally bought the part and when I walked out of store and started car light went out. Its been a couple months now light has stayed off have not changed sensor, still have, needs special open end socket. Past summer changed brakes and put on new rotors, right after alignment started giving me problems. Engine, very little power. Winter time takes long time for heater to put out heat.
  • 1996 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup I have a 1996 Chev C/1500 it has 295625 miles on it and runs like a dream. I have had to do a few repairs over the years but nothing major it has had synthetic oil since new I had a mechanic do a compression check and it is as new.
  • 2007 Ford Focus I bought one year old.I have only had to do minor repairs.My biggest problem is driver door lock won't lock with key fobo r interior door lock.All the other doors lock just fine other than this , I wouldn't trade it for anything.It has 90000miles on it.
  • 2009 Chevrolet Malibu This is the worse car ever. Be aware everything falls apart before the car is paid off. Its not worth the time energy and headache. I absolutely HATE my Malibu!
  • 2005 Chevrolet Colorado I wasn't planning to write a review, but after reading the many negative reviews here I thought I'd relay my positive experience. I bought my 2005 Colorado early in 2008 L5 3.5L. I traded in a 1999 V6 Ford Ranger which I owned for 7 years. I drove both trucks for the same amount of time, traded them both in at about 100,000 miles. Both were good trucks, but the Colorado got better fuel economy (25-27 MPG highway), towed my 2,500 pound boat and trailer much easier, and maintenance and repair cost over over the time of ownership on the Colorado was much less than half than on the Ranger. I did have to replace the vent valve, which seems to a problem spot. About the only negative for me is the turning radius, which seems wider than necessary. I spent the last year looking for a newer Colorado, settled on low mileage 2012 model, hoping my experience with this one is as good.
  • 2004 Pontiac Grand Am I bought this car fully loaded and gently used with 29,000. Now, 9 years and 140,000 miles later, it has been inexpensive to own and has required mostly routine maintenance. At 165,000 there are some very minor issues that I don't find necessary to repair just yet. 1) The 'Service Engine Soon' light will come on, especially in cold weather, when the thermostat/temperature gauge does not reach 200F in the expected time frame. 2) The back light on the shift has gone out, so in the dark you cannot physically see that you are in Reverse-Neutral-Drive-Overdrive. In terms of tires, WINTER TIRES WERE A MUST in the snow covered Midwest states. The car is phenomenal IF it has a good set of winter tires (I have LOVED Blizzak WS80), however when I tried (multiple sets of) "all-season" tires, I slid off the road every winter and could not navigate through more than a few inches of snow. I would not hesitate to buy this car again if Pontiac were still producing vehicles. EASY TIP: If you hear a clicking sound coming from the dashboard area, especially in rainy weather, a part under the steering wheel needs to be cleaned. It's a free, easy fix that you can do yourself if you search for the video in YouTube. Worth every minute to get rid of a VERY annoying clicking sound.
  • 2003 Nissan Xterra First, if you have one, go to the dealer and get all of the recall work done immediately.I had a 2003 that I bought with 17,000 mi. Great SUV when properly maintained. LOVED it. The steering broke (a recall problem), causing a wreck which broke the frame. Nissan wouldn't pay. Big surprise! (It now has 106,000 mi, and is still parked in driveway). I loved it so much that I just bought another 2003 Xterra with 93,000 mi. The "new" one got 10 miles and needed 2 oxygen sensors ($550) and needs a Knock sensor (estimate of $600). Mechanic says it can wait. The one I just bought had one owner, but no wrecks. My mechanic says it has had the front repainted, so don't count on Auto Check or CarMax for real info. Take a used car into your mechanic and have him check it. I knew better, but based my experience on my earlier car to judge the quality of the new one-big mistake. My question: Is there any economical way to use parts from my old Nissan, which is mechanically wonderful, on the one I just bought? I don't know a "Shade Tree Mechanic" to pull parts for the one in need. Any suggestions? The junkyard will only give me $500 for my wrecked one.
  • 2002 Buick LeSabre Bought this Lesabre used at 90,000 miles, now has 270,000. Had two of the most commonly found problems: 1) windows stick, requiring replacement of motor; and 2) fuel pump went bad, probably because I drove it to almost empty every fill-up. No transmission or engine problems. On cruise control it does better than the EPA estimate: at 65 mph gets 33-34 mph. One of the best full-size sedans.
  • 2014 Chrysler Town & Country driving in winter the snow cakes up into the bumper and rips the wiring harness to the sensors out. design flaw? anyone else experience this?
  • 1994 Nissan Pickup (D21) Have had this truck 15 years. Bought with 59k miles. Always pretty reliable. Runs strong. Great 4wd v6 auto vehicle. Mpg is just ok. 18 19 mpg. Still very strong drive-train. Can go through 10 inches of snow. Limited slip 4wd posi drive-train. Bang for the buck I recommend this truck. Buying another is ridiculous. Since they keep jacking the price of the new trucks. I will just drive this hardbody for another 5 years.
  • 2002 Infiniti G20 G20 02 - Very good car overall. Minimal Problems. 33 mpg - comfortable. Corners well, ride is good. Radio is good. Sunroof nice. With base car which is loaded usually. Cheap to buy tires, 15 size. Cup-holders stink - one weakness area to many power steering lines, that are numerous. must be 6-7 hoses. Have changed 3 so far. Other wise no major trouble with car. Like all new cars not as easy to work on and replace things. I miss my dodge dart where everything was accessible.
  • 2013 Dodge Journey We bought our dodge journey 2013 last august 2013..I was so happy to drive new vehicle that i thought its reliable coz its brand new. Not even one year yet i got the problem, the power steering was broke, so we took it to the dealer in fort sainth john, bc. they fixed it. After 5 months the car got problem again, even worst problem coz you cant even drive the vehicle. So we called the chrysler and they adviced that they gonna towed it to fort sainth john dealer. And its because it was long weekend, the next working day the fort sainth john dealer called me and asked why our vehicle was towed to their place. My husband told them that there is a problem on that vehicle need to fix. They told us that they cant fix it so we need to wait maybe 2-3 weeks. The next day they phoned again and told my husband that the vehicle was fixed and they want us to get right away, My husband said we cant get it right away coz we are 400 kms away to that dealer ( atleast 4 hours drive). But the customer service answered rudely that we need our vehicle to be out of their place right away or else they gonna put it out of thier property... WOW, what a service they gave..Until now we did not get our vehicle back yet...
  • 2011 Toyota Corolla Car only has 55000 miles and the alternator died!!!expensive repair!!!
  • 2005 Subaru Forester This is our 2nd Subaru that we bought new, (1995+2005). I think an above average car. Still, I think all of us would like to think that our cars would be exceptional (In the car reviews we only see a few that stand out with low maintenance.) Leather seats... Low quality leather seats, and driver seat didn't wear well. Not the best support either. This is my wife's car, (I wouldn't buy a Subaru). Still, it is exceptional in the snow, as we run with 4 snow tires in the winter. Regular fuel...20 around town, and 28 on the turnpike. When the car was new the automatic transmission would shift a bit rough, the dealer put an "additive" in it and so far at 107,000 it still works ok. The engine runs strong, but with limited power. Fuel system is good, but the car has a gas oder where you add fuel, this started around 70K, (the 95 Subaru had the same problem). At around 80K we had to replace the whole exhaust system, (except for the catalytic converter). Replaced the rear struts around 70K, not the best handling car, lots of body roll going into turns. The car has been well maintained.
  • 2004 Kia Sorento coolant fan will not shut off, doors lock an unlock by themselves. Call me crazy but I love my KIA
  • 2008 Volvo S80 No caster adjustment capability. Accurate wheel alignment is impossible. Brand new tires every 15,000 miles. 82,000 miles and 4 sets of new Continental tires. EXPEEENSIVE. Local "wheel alignment shops all say "is well within specs". Hard pull to right, then a new alignment to make it go left, then nasty front tire wear. Impossible to align car with a center line of steering. Very disappointing. Car is always in a controlled skid and in a state understeer, then over correction, then back to understeer and on and oon and on.
  • 1996 Nissan Altima This car is horrible
  • 2008 BMW 328i I BOUGHT A 2008 328I 104K MILES HARDTOP CONVERTIBLE 9/14. DROVE IT NON-STOP FROM ALABAMA TO SAN DIEGO (30 HOURS) RAN LIKE A TOP AND GOT 27 MPG AT HIGH SPEEDS. REPLACED REAR WHEEL BEARING AND REAR SHOCKS THAT HAD A LEAK. I LOVE THIS CAR
  • 2010 Honda Insight In September of 2010, I chose to buy a car HONDA INSIGHT, as between the various brands that offered similar vehicles with low fuel consumption and equipped with innovative technology, I decided to put the utmost confidence in this car maker who enjoyed, and enjoys an excellent reputation worldwide. In order to buy the car, I went to the Honda's Agent, at that time, present in my city, after a few months, unfortunately, neither the aforesaid Agent, nor any other new Agents, accounted any more HONDA! The discomfort was remarkable because, in order to perform routine maintenance on my HONDA INSIGHT, I had to ask every time a day off to get to the nearest Honda authorized workshop, since needing driving 170 km away for round trip. I continued, however, to be fully convinced of the purchase that I made, and even in spite of the commercial assessment of the vehicle that, after only two years, had already fallen to about seven thousand euro against the euro diciottomilacinquecento paid. I didn't care about that assessment, because I preferred the aforesaid car with conviction, since I always felt very satisfied, I would never wanted to sell it. A few weeks ago, just Monday, October 13, 2014, the car suddenly stops and no longer working the speed gears, neither forward nor backward; it creaks, but nothing to do, does not move! I call the tow truck and not knowing where to turn in the city, having, among other things, go to work, I decide to park the car in front of my house and, simultaneously, hire a new car. In the following days, since HONDA assistance was not present in the city, I asked advice from some mechanical technicians, whom working for other car manufacturers, they agreed on a possible speed gears breaking, or clutch breaking, solvable by an authorized Honda workshop by costing of nine thousand Euros plus VAT and labor. What to do? Which hypothesis to consider? a) Look for a diagnose by an authorized Honda service center, and then, to do so, require the help of a tow truck for 170 km. and, most likely, I will have to decide whether to repair a car, currently worth about four thousand Euros, spending about double, if not the triple, of value of my car; b) Demolish the car, after only four years of purchase, with an immense displeasure and the deep feeling of having got a real cheat, which inevitably produces a great desire to spread out around the world, and in all languages, what has happened to me; c) Claiming of my rights since the car in question does not have the quality and performance which are normal in goods of the same type that the consumer can reasonably expect, given the nature of the property and any public statements (advertising etc.), by the seller or the manufacturer. (... In fact, it was impossible to foresee that I was buying a car that, after only four years of use, it would submit malfunctions such to have to be scrapped). However, considering that probable it's an exceptional event, before choosing, I asked for two times, amicably, a support to "HONDA MOTOR EUROPE LTD" explaining what happened and asking for their cooperation, their suggestions, their recommendation or, perhaps, only one word, that maybe it could at least assist me in reaching a point of care HONDA, where you can determine with certainty the type of breakdown that occurred. None of this, Honda Italy, neither concessions virtuous, nor even an answer! NOTHING about anything! Honda has decided to regard his client NOT worthy of consideration, as it were transparent, insignificant. EVERY THING ABOVE WRITTEN IS DOCUMENTED! PLEASE YOU USE ONE’S OWN JUDGEMENT, IS HONDA A SERIOUS COMPANY? I CAN ONLY SAY: WARNING, IF YOU THINK TO BUY A CAR, DO SO IN ANY WAY, MAKE SURE THAT IS NOT AN HONDA. HONDA IS NOT THE A RELIABLE COMPANY HONDA VEHICLES ARE NOT RELIABLE AT ALL - BAD SERVICE. BEWARE, WHAT HAPPENED ME, CAN HAPPEN TOMORROW TO YOU. HONDA IN MY CASE HAS DONE A CONDUCT IN ALL ITS DEPARTMENT TO VERY LOW LEVEL. HONDA DID NOT CARED ABOUT PRESTIGE THAT ALSO A SINGLE CUSTOMER CAN GIVE TO A COMPANY. HONDA, HAS TAKEN ME AWAY EIGHTEEN THOUSAND EUROS WITH THE SALE OF A "CAR" THAT HAS REVEALED TO BE A REAL SCRAP. JUST STAY AWAY FROM HONDA! EVERY THING ABOVE WRITTEN IS DOCUMENTED!
  • 1999 Lincoln Town Car I bought this car used.Now has 185,000 miles. Runs good but very poor gas mileage at 10.1 city, 22-23 hwy. I hear of people getting better city buy no one seems to have an answer how to boost my city mileage. Any answer out there I would appreciate. I am 78 years old and lot of city driving shopping and Doctor appoinments. ANY ONE HELP !!! Its a 1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series.
  • 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer I know this is a review only forum. However, I'm at a loss where to go. I bought my 2004 TB (as the 2nd owner) in 2007. Still had the mfg warranty from Chevy. It now has 173,746 miles on it and overall I love it. I've had to replace a few wheel bearings and ball joints. I've had the differential redone and the exhaust manifold repaired. I've had the transmission lines redone, a tune up , fuel pump replaced, replaced shocks and struts only once so far. Most of my repairs have occurred after the 100,000 mile mark and they have been "one time only" repairs. The one exception of a repeat repair happens to be the water pump. I've had the dealership and another trusted mechanic who have replaced 6 water pumps in a period of 5 years. I would like to know why?? One could argue that the replacements were not GM parts. The counter argument is why would AC delco water pumps continously fail? The dealership told me that the next time the AC delco water pump fails there will be no more warranty,that the warranty is a "one time"offer. Meaning even if it fails within the mileage noted, I will be paying all over again. This of course will be a conversation to have at that point and trust me I will be ready to have the lemon law conversation with AC delco. Ok moving on. For the last two weeks or so I've noticed that there is what I call a slight "sway" in the rear end while driving on straight freeway and after going over bumps. I've had the sway bar links,bushings and bars replaced in 2010. Of my two trusted mechanical sources, the dealership said the sway bar system does not need to be replaced and the other mechanic said that it did. Naturally I want to believe the dealer because I would hope that that as the dealer they would have mechanics more qualified to determine such things. Has anyone else felt the "sway" in the rear end? I should note that the state I live in has some awful roads and I am not totally convinced that my TB is at fault completely. Does anyone have any suggestions of what the "sway " could be? At the end of this though I do wish that GM would start building the TB again. The cars they have now are way to " computerized", which leads to more money on repair when you have to repair them and they just don't look as nice. Please bring back the Trailblazer :)
  • 2003 Saturn Vue Got 230,000 with the v6 front wheel, nothing major exept having to replace those darn wheel barring TWICE on ever side. Had to patch exhaust, thats getting ptryy rusted out
  • 2002 Saturn SL2 I love my Saturn SL2. Yes there have been some issues, I bought it used but I have had it over 6 years. It is the best car I have ever had. The biggest issue I have had with it is, I have had to have the AC repaired every year. It will work for a season and then will stop working when I have to start switching on the heat. (crazy right!) Also I have had to have the key assembly in the steering column replaced twice because the locking mechanism keeps malfunctioning and locking up so my key would not turn when I tried to start the car. Other than that just normal car repairs and maintenance. Funny fact- This car is almost impossible to break into unless you actually break a window to get into to it. Also just an FYI if you ever have to "break" into your car, say you are stranded on the side of the road and have a complete blonde moment and lock you keys in your car, the best and cheapest window to break is the front or back windshield. And for the love of Mike DO NOT break that tiny little window that does nothing in the rear door. It is the most expensive window to have replaced.
  • 2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Never buy a 2004 sport trac with vortex engine. There is 3 thats 3 timing chains on this engine.If any one goes bad means engine replacement is the cheapest way to fix it.my advise from experience don,t buy a sport trac
  • 2003 Acura RL Bought a 9.5+ condition '03 RL w 47,000 miles on it last fall. Looks just like the one in the picture above. These cars are made in Japan and bulletproof. Plenty of room in the cabin and the trunk, very comfortable and easy to drive. Great ergonomics! The CD stereo in my '03 totally rocks, AC is freezing. Not hot rods, per se, but totally reliable luxo-cruisers. If you can find a clean one with low miles, grab it! I had a white pearl '96 that I drove to 189,000 miles(!) with zero issues, don't know now why I got rid of it....
  • 1991 Toyota Camry I currently built and drive a 1991 DX 3SFE 5sp. Purchased as a beater to keep city miles off of my Cummins. I have had 1986 (SOHC is super reliable but lacks power), 1987, 1989, 1997, 1998, and 2010 Camry, with a 2004 in the family that I maintain. 1986 and 1987 were purchased new in the family and my 1986 lasted to 268K and the 1987 still runs with a broken speedo showing 232K. I wanted another 2nd gen because the build quality from Japan is far superior to what we have had this decade from Toyota. I am 3rd owner of this car, first owner took excellent care of her, 2nd owner was a college girl who probably didnt change the oil... ever. Bought with 142K, replaced all of the maint items (clutch, timing belt, seals, distributor shaft o-rings, ICV, ball joints, tie rods, brakes, struts (at a shop), full tune up and all gaskets) for around $3K. I even put new rubber on my old 15" Enkei RF-1s I bought in 2003 for a 1991 Celica that were in a relative's basement for years and they look like they were meant for this car. I put this time and effort into an older car because our 2010 3.5 SE (6th gen) was such a disappointment, I know the reliability of the 1st/2nd/4th gen Camry with the expectation this car will be tip top for at least another 100K, and I also wanted OBDI for maintenance reasons. It is running 28mpg in 80% city traffic, costs $25 to fill from fumes, and does well enough in the snow. Aside from a seat rail that is going to be handled very soon, I am pleased with my investment.