Newest Reviews:
  • 2010 Mercury Grand Marquis trunk light/indicator malfunction, it shows trunk open even wen trunk is shut.it is frustrating.and sometimes the trunk doesn't close in one try, again very frustrating and sometimes embarrassing.
  • 2008 Honda Odyssey I have had my Odyssey since 2008 and have driven over 100,000. It has been a good car overall but now it is starting to have some problems. First of all, My Nanny crashed the car. Minor accident from stationary at a light and she did $7000 worth of damage and the front was destroyed. That's very concerning that the bodywork is like paper. I am concerned how this would hold up under a real impact. Secondly I have the issue with the brake judder when breaking. It's annoying but at least my breaks haven't tried to stop by themselves...... yet. I have had issues with the air conditioning since last summer when the car overheated out of the blue. It was stationary running in my driveway and all of a sudden it just overheated. The AC has been funny since. On top of weird AC, the electrical system seems to be breaking down. My central panel keeps overheating, switching off my navigation system/entertainment and a couple of weeks ago I had a leak through my ceiling where the water just literally Poured into the car. No windows open at the time of the leak. The leak seems to have destroyed more parts of my electrical system, the sliding doors no longer work, the indicators and temperature gauge to name a few things are not working. We left it to dry for a couple of days and now the car wont start at all. It appears that a cell in my replaced battery is not functioning. This car is becoming a money pit now and it's not that old!!...... It's very worrying. Also, I'm now terrified of fire. I have heard arcing in my dash for a while, and now I realize that the doors won't open when the electrical system screws up. I am actually wondering how on earth I would get my toddler out of the car in the case of fire. Think we might be a bit screwed there...... I don't think I would buy this car again......
  • 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe OVER ENGINEERED, COMPLICATED, MAINTENANCE NIGHTMARE
  • 2007 Toyota Camry ..MY CAR HAS BEEN BURNING OIL BAD..I FOUND OUT IT WAS THE ENGINE..I TOOK IT TO A COUPLE OF TOYOTA DEALERS..DONE WHOULD ADDRESS THE PROBLEM SO I TOOK IT BACK TO WHERE IBROUGTH IT ..THEY DID A OIL CONSUMPTION TEST ON MY CAMRY AND FOUND IT WAS BURNING ALMOST 5 QUARTS IN LESS THAT 900 MILES..THEY CALL THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND GOT IT APPROVED TO BE FIXED..IT WAS THE PISTINS..IT WOULD HAVE COST ME 2900.00 THEY WILL FIX IT BUT YOU HAVE TO FIRST TAKE IT IN TO GET IT TESTED......ALL DEALERS ARENT GOING TO DO IT. SO YOU HAVE TO BE PERSISTENT. ALSO FOUND OUT THAT MY WATER PUMP NEED CHANGING..YOU HAVE TO DROP THE ENGINE TO CHANGE IT...SINCE THEY WERE ALREADY FIXING THE ENGINE..I GGOT A BIG BREAK ON THE REPAIR PRICE FOR THAT. I DONT WONT T O MENTION MY DEALERS NAME..MY CAR IS GETTING FIXED AS WE SPEAK. BUT THEY ARE GREAT!!!
  • 1997 Toyota Avalon I got this car second hand. The original owner worked for a local Toyota dealer and his wife drove it for 13 years. In that time they had the rack and pinon replaced and had the engine rebuilt due to a recall for engine sludge for this model. When they got into the engine they discovered this car didn't have the same problem and was in great shape. I have all the original service papers/receipts. I bought the car in Jan 2010 and have only had to do the regular maintenance and replace the battery due to the door switch (engine off) not shutting off my lights after opening the drivers door (sunny days a failed to notice the lights not turning off and it cost me a new battery). It's do for rear breaks and system flush. I should also flush the radiator soon. I've only driven it about 15,000 miles over the past 4+ years.
  • 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe This vehicle has been a lemon since day one. Bad A/C switches, Bad exterior Paint. Bundled cables in engine compartment issues. Seat Belt & Seat issues. Terrible gas mileage. 11 mpg. Just had injectors cleaned. no change. Wish we would have bought a Rav4 or 4 Runner from Toyota. Planning to trade this in soon on a new car purchase. Too many problems to list here. Just want it gone.
  • 2011 Mercedes-Benz E350 Bought this 2011 E350 last month. 42k miles. She's a beaut. I have owned Merc diesels in the past and was looking for a Bluetec, but settled on the V6 4Matic. I love this car's looks, everything about it. I've missed having a Mercedes for a number of years. I owned an 'E' class in the early 80's that was a 4Matic and almost bankrupted me for that very reason. This go round, I purchased an extended warranty up to 100k miles. The Comand mouse knob had to be replaced under warranty. That's about the only thing I could find wrong. Someone stripped the car of the owner's manual (I'm sure it's on EBay now) and the first aid kit. You know what a car is worth when there's an EBay demand for the owner's manual. At any rate, this car gets a lot of compliments and I love it.
  • 2005 Toyota Highlander Bought new in 2005 v6 AWD Toyota Highlander, now have 148,000 miles. Best vehicle i have ever owned, and i have owned a few nice vehicles before and during owning this vehicler. I have replaced regular stuff like tires, pads, rotors, wipers, battery... normal stuff. Other issues have been that something went on with hot/cold knob where it would not turn to cold. i now have a minor, but still existent exhaust leak. My moonroof stopped working at about 100k and i just leave it closed and never bothered to fix it since Toyota wanted $1400 to fix. I do not know why seeing that i could install a moonroof in a car that doesn't have one for about that price. But that is it, i would recommended this vehicle to anyone
  • 1992 Cadillac Fleetwood It´s my second Fleetwood since 2006 with now 180.000 miles and still a amazing car. On German Highways (I´m living near Munich, Bavaria - Germany)it´s the perfect car for long distance rides;-) Our 3 kids love this car with a lot of space. Everything is working fine after 22 years. For Germans parts are cheap and easy to change. 12.0 liters of Gas at 140km/h ( 3.2 Gall at 80mph - its a need of 19.5 miles per Gall)on Highway is perfect. A Mercedes S Class with a 5.0 L V8 Engine needs more Gas. Only one point of critic is- the inside roof lining is a desaster. Lots of Bumps and dents are not fine. Just looking for a idea to fix this problem. Nevertheless a beautiful and smooth running car.
  • 2008 Nissan Versa I bought my 2008 Versa new in 2009 (leftover on the dealer lot). Had a few very minor problems at first (tire pressure warning light, gas door latch) that took too many trips to the dealer to get fixed, but otherwise things were okay until a few weeks ago. Catastrophic failure (oily antifeeze all over the engine compartment). Had it towed to the dealership because there was one month left on the drive train warranty and then waited two weeks before we even got a loaner car. Kept telling us they were waiting for the guys upstairs to approve the repair. Two days later I was told that a failure in the radiator had caused coolant to leak into the transmission, destroying it and the radiator and that because the problem originated in the radiator it wasn't covered under the drivetrain warranty. $4400 repair. I trade it in as is on a Kia instead. Nissan may have saved themselves a repair bill but they lost a customer for life.
  • 2008 Honda Accord You can solve the brake issue by purchasing cross drilled rotors and ceramic brake pads. Honda brakes run hot. Since replacing mine, I have not had a problem with warping rotors & haven't had to replace brake pads more often than regular wear & tear requires.
  • 2002 Toyota Corolla I bought this car new in Dec. 2001. It has been totally reliable. Changed the oil as needed and followed the service manual until the warranty expired. Still change the oil as indicated. Have only had to do the usual services such as new battery, tires, a couple of light bulbs, and brake pads. I think there might have been a couple of minor warranty issues but all good. Has almost 120,000. Been a great car. Still looks great.
  • 2005 Toyota Matrix I bought my Matrix new in Jan. 2005. I have well over 200,000 miles on it and I've actually had very little trouble with it. On the downside, it seems like I have to have my brakes repaired a little more often then other cars that I've had, the air conditioning in my opinion is very poor, it doesn't keep it cool much at all in the front seat with the vents pointing right at me, I doubt it gets the back seat very cool. The gas mileage is decent, I don't notice having to put anymore tires on it that any other car I've had. The seats are comfortable and there is quite a bit of room in it. It's no cadilac, but I didn't expect it to be. It's been very reliable for me. I put a lot of miles on it in nine and a half years,and it's still going strong.
  • 2010 Ford Focus I have a 2010 Focus with about 45000 miles and the air conditioner when out. The ford services quoted app. $1900 to repair. Is anyone else experiencing problems with the air conditioner going out so early? Headlight had to be replaced at 40,000 miles. I bought the car brand new so I am the only driver. No accidents.
  • 2011 Hyundai Accent Bought a 2011 Accent brand new and have had to get coil changed 3 times now. I will never buy a Hyundai again this is costing me a fortune. I did all preventive maintenance and paid over $600 this month just in that. Of course the coils keep failing repeatedly after my warranty is up, and i have to pay $160 every time. I believe it is time to go back to Chevy
  • 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD I have the 6L gas engine and I have 79,000 miles on my Silverado and I really like this truck. I get compliments by many people and so far I did the brake pads twice I put in 2 new starters, had to replace the oil pump as well as the rear tailgate supports. The truck clanks now I think its the throw out bearing and it leaks small amounts of oil not sure from where and the transfer case leaks tranny fluid so I have to add fluid once a month or so and the blower only worked on 2 and from having to jiggle the wires for so long it melted the 2 wire clip so I have to hard wire it and only work on high That might be it but I still love this truck!! I get 10 mpg??
  • 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD The speaker have fallen apart on the passenger side in the door and the sound quality was poor from the start. The lights for the heater switch fail right after the warranty ran out. The first problem was the front wheel bearings they went bad within the first 20,000 thousand miles, shortly after the O2 sensors failed twice and were replaced under warranty.
  • 1999 BMW 540i I am absolutely enamored with this car. The headlights do not give enough light on low beams. The electric coils seem to go bad to often and are expensive to replace
  • 2010 Toyota Tacoma I have now owned 2 new Toyota products along with a newly purchased "Certified" Toyota Prius C. My purchase of the Prius came very, very prematurely. Right as Summer is upon us in the northeast my AC compressor decided to die at under 29,000 miles in my 2010 Tacoma. Of course 3 years has passed on my warranty but I was well under the 36,000 miles. It would have been at least $1900 before a hefty CT. sales tax to do the fix, and even then, who knows what else may have been at play. I could not see dumping that kind of money into a vehicle issue that should be covered by Toyota. The Sales Manager worked with me and got me into a pre-owned 2012 Prius with 47,000 miles on it. The trade was a wash and all I paid out of pocket was a doc fee, sales tax, reg/title and a pre-emptive platinum wrap warranty. I originally bought the Tacoma without even entertaining such an added expense, but now my confidence in Toyota is tarnished and I hope my latest car purchase will bring my confidence back into the fold. Had I had it fixed out of pocket or forgone the fix and gone to any other dealer or sold privately, I would be extremely unhappy with my losses. I feel like the dealership handled the situation as best they could and I feel I got a fair trade. At the end of the day, I know I will miss my truck and can only hope that the gas savings and new car settle my discontent.
  • 2000 Audi A4 have an audi 2000 a4 the rain water is pooling in the battery housing and then leaking into the drivers side floor area. the water then goes into the rear floor board. have had the car for several years and have had minimal problems but this new one is frustrating the crap out of me. where is the drain for this area??? any ideas??
  • 2004 Audi A4 have a 2000 a4, have been having trouble with the rain water pooling in the battery housing and leaking into the interior of the car. the drivers floor is soaked and then the water goes into the rear seat floor board. any ideas on how to fix problem? where is the drain for this area?? sooo very frustrating
  • 2000 Jeep Cherokee overheating changed cap last year worked fine need a radiator flush or drain due to age 150000 miles now flush may not be best considering age an miles
  • 2003 Dodge Ram Van 1500 LOVE my conversion van 114000 miles on it just recently however my dash lite said nobus aan it stopped dead REplaced ny battery recently it was third one in 1 month an finally van running until nobus lite have it at firestone will let you know results...
  • 2002 Chrysler Town & Country 140,000 miles and still dependable. I bought this one 6 years ago and have put over 60,000 miles on it. Only problems I have really had where brakes and rotors wearing quickly and having to recharge ac at least 2 to 3 times every summer. I have searched for leak and cannot find it. Other than that very reliable. It is the limited model.
  • 2012 Nissan Armada Our Armada has been a great vehicle until today when my wife was driving it to work and started hearing a clicking noise and then all of a sudden the back tires locked up and skidded, bringing her to a stop. She pulled off the freeway and the vehicle was not wanting to drive. She pulled into a gas station and waited for me to get there and discover that the emergency brake cable had somehow been pulled out and wrapped all the way around cv axle on left side and then pulled cv axle out. I have two other friends this has happened to their Armadas also. The dealer said they have never seen it before but I have talked to a few people who work for Nissan dealers and they say it is happening more and more, I believe it should be a recall for the design but they are acting as if it is a very rare situation. The dealership is now telling me it is not covered under warranty, even though I have 60,000 mile power train warranty it is not power train related they say. This is where my 100,000 mile bumper to bumper extended warranty should kick in but they have to send an adjuster that cannot come out until Friday, today is Monday, so I am without a vehicle until they can make a decision if it should be covered. I guess with Tim Dahle Nissan out of Sandy, Utah they do not have to provide a loaner car until they decide if your vehicle is their responsibility to fix even though it is a Nissan warranty and they sold me the extended warranty directly through the dealership, good thing I spent the extra $6500.00 for nothing.
  • 2013 Kia Optima Great car exception gas millage isn't what they say at least not on my car 2013 optima ex average is about 18-22 mpg locally. thatsback on country roads. other then that great car. drives, handles great, excellent excellaration, very fast pickup , love the standard features although my has some s on a options, stops on a dime. rides smooth. would buy another instantly, would and have recommended to friends and family as well as others, traded a 2008 toyota camery in on by far out does the camery. very happly pleased.
  • 2002 Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG I will never by a Mercedes Benz again. This car is a nightmare! It has one problem after the other! Can't wait to get rid of it! The ABC System is horrific! Never again! Moving on!
  • 2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Bought my 2002 F-250 4X4 V-10 new. Now has 74,000 mi many of which were driven with a full sized Slide in Camper in the bed. In all these 12 years the one and only issue I've had is when the passenger door lock would not respond to the remote door lock signal. That is all. No leaks, no spark plug blow outs or seizing - (knock on wood)as some folks are having. I previously had a 1998 F-250 light duty (F-150 with extra leaf spring)which was junk, so having this truck be so trouble free makes me think is all about luck of the draw. No regrets.
  • 1995 Chevrolet Blazer Mine was the half year Guinnee Pig not to mention the 666 in the vin# have a wonderful mechanic that has manufactured a part to fix the egr problem that these vehicles had... new computer and tune up with genuine GM parts...rossary hanging from the rear view...lol
  • 2007 Toyota Corolla I bought this car new in 2007. I love this little car. It has been brilliant. Ultra reliable. I have just under 100k on the odometer and have only had a problem with the water pump. So, I spent 15k on a car, drove it for 6-7 years, and replaced a water pump for about $450. I call that a good deal. I hate the Toyota dealerships though.