Newest Reviews:
  • 2004 Buick LeSabre Purchased used in North Carolina in 2008 (It was a NY car originally). Had 47,000+ miles then, has 311,000 now. Main problem is under body rust caused by salting roads) Most other problems caused by towing things since it does not have a towing package. Otherwise biggest problems are the front wheel bearings and o2 sensors, intake manifold will be another. So far it is holding up but is showing signs of needing replacement. Will wait until Fall 2014 to make the decision. If replacing front wheel bearings always buy the ones with lifetime warranty. Bearings are made cheaply so why pay for them more than once. If frame holds up (does not break due to salt) I believe the car could easily reach 400,000. It makes sense why Buick discontinued the Le Sabre ..... it is too good of a car and lasts way too long.
  • 2001 Acura MDX Srs indcator light stay on why
  • 2006 BMW 325i Bought 2006 BMW 325i in 2010 with 60K miles. Bought extended warranty that covered a few issues. It covered both rear window regulators, small tranny leak and coolant leak. Worked great until it hit 100K miles. Since then, I replaced water pump at 115K mile and starter at 125K miles. Everything else runs great. Rear drive axle just cracked due to terrible roads in Massachusetts cost me $475. Other than that, it now has 137K miles and I plan on keeping until it hits 200K or my daughter wants it in a few years.
  • 2014 Nissan Versa bought new 2014. nothing but problems. started at 1500 miles acted like a vapor lock, Had just filled up.twice in the road it just quit. 1 more time it died at a stop light over 1 minute to restart. they got a bullettin that over 100 abient this would happen it had not been over 70abient. next laugh a super tech shows up drives it over a bumpy road=yeh right and gets it to code. lose wire from factory.and watch the service writers they got a game to, took one to the gm and had a talk.the biggest laugh just came they wanted me to drive it with a tech to pinpoint the problem or be able to say customer cannot duplicate. average failure ever 800 mils currently 4000 total
  • 2002 Jaguar XKR This is a great car! I'm the proud 2nd owner with 48K miles on the vehicle. Have had no problems with the vehicle until this week when the timing tensioners wore out and fractured. Attention all Jaguar owners...check and REPLACE the old timing chain tensioners or get ready to spend some $$$. All 4 tensioners and chains needed to be replaced. Went ahead and did the water pump and some other misc service but this is going to cost $5K. Could have save half of that with an inspection and replacement early on if I'd known. Good Luck and Happy Motoring!
  • 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Seriously awesome car. One of the last real Mercedes before the cost cutting accountants and Crysler took over. Feels like its made out of a piece of stone, the quality is awesome and it's seriously quick. I've had Bentleys, Porsches and tuned Sierra Cosworths and this is as good as any of them. The only problem is that it is a total money pit. Parts are really expensive and it's a very complex car, certainly not for back street mechanics or even main dealers for that matter. It has all the computers and sensors but a very basic diagnostics system so repairs can be an expensive process of elimination. Might be more reliable if I drove it slowly but I seem to get possessed every time I get behind the wheel. Need to sell it before I go bankrupt but will never regret owning the best 500sl!
  • 2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK500 Bought this car 4 1/2 years ago and it had 50K miles, since then I have put another 80K on it. I love the way it drives and it still looks almost knew. Just polished it and it really pops! However...it is uncanny how I have had the same issues that have shown up on this site. Stepper motor arm is broken (5 clicks on start up every time for a few minutes), haven't repaired it yet. Head rest wouldn't work properly because of seat controls under passenger seat, fixed it. Passenger headlight doesn't come on all the time ( about 95%), and it usually takes several seconds to come on. Trunk brake light just fell out! Replaced it. Transmission module had to be replaced ($1,200), was told it was a common problem but MB wouldn't do a recall. Tires don't last! I buy high priced Michelins with a high mileage rating, but because they are low profile and on an MB, Michelin cuts the mileage rating in half. Usually get about 20K on my tires. But I like the car and will probably keep it for awhile longer as long as it doesn't need a major repair.
  • 2008 Suzuki XL-7 Brake fluid leaking into engine, $1,650 to repair as parts can only be purchased from Suzuki. I was told by the brake shop to get a new vehicle.
  • 2006 Mercury Mountaineer well it was good when we brought it new but now we had to replace rotors cracked cooling system now the drive train is acting up and the dealer wants 500 dollars to drop the pan and another $500 to change the transmission fluid,they wanted $498 to change the brakes and roters and so I did it my self for $160 with a friend and utube This SUV sucks when it hits over 100,000 miles it starts making the dealer money.dont buy one!!
  • 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis I bought a 2004 with only 23,400 miles on. I have put on 10,000 miles and have had to replace the air ride pump at over $ 600.00. Now the power steering is no working. I have owned a number of Grand Marquis and had put many into fleet service for salesmen. I cannot believe that the Mercury Division has not stood up and recalled these vehicles to make them safe. In addition the bottom of the doors on the driver's side of the car rusts out. I see it on a lot of cars.
  • 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo I bought this car 2 years ago with 86000. I have had to replace 2 wheel bearings, and 1 brake caliper. Only left me stranded once when the key would not work in the ignition. Towed it home, took out the switch, smacked it with a screw driver, and its worked ever since .LOL Great car, good gas mileage, and I look cool driving it.
  • 2013 Cadillac SRX After 30 years of owning nothing but Toyota, Lexus, and Honda and spending $0.00 is repairs (other than batteries and tires), I finally decided to try the "New General Motors." Guess what? It is the same as the old GM. - If you load the car with four adults and luggage, the torque converter groans. - My $200 battery developed an open cell in nine months. - Small corners on the interior fixtures don't align well and have been forced together. - Even though we drive in Economy Mode 100% of the time, the best mileage we can get on the road (driving the speed limit or less) is 20.1 (my 1998 Lexus gets 23.5 and is maintenance free). - The fine print in the "bumper to bumper warranty exempts many things that are likely to fail. (The dealer contacted me to buy an overlay warranty 30 days after he sold the the car with the pitch that it was a great warranty.) I do like the computer software and dash displays and the heating and cooling work well. The seats are comfortable and can be adjusted to fit most people. Overall, this is still the same junky construction that put Detroit out of business during the recession. If you are looking for a quality built car that is unlikely to break down, don't look at Cadillac.
  • 2008 Chrysler Town & Country I have to say this van has been one of the worst owner experiences of my life. Paying 45K for such a lemon makes me sick to think about. Besides the dishonesty of the sales staff when purchasing this thing, we have had nothing but problems. First off, the brakes need to be replaced every 15,000 to 20,000 miles..basically once a year with how much we drive. I have replaced the brakes on my Toyota two times in 12 years compared to five times in the last six years with the same amount of mileage as the Town and Country. The AC has gone out three times costing me over $3,000 just in the last two years. The engine cooling system has blown twice tacking on another $2,000 in repairs not to mention the complete inconvenience of having to tow the thing and rent a car while they try to fix it. One of the biggest inconveniences, though, has been the constant electrical issues, not knowing if the car will actually start because of the "glitches", also experienced by my father and his dodge SUV...and of course the dealer always says "it's fixed" after paying them a fortune, just to return a couple of months later with the same issue...but of course they say it's "something different" causing the same problem and costing me more money? Very peculiar. Finally, it is extremely annoying to listen to water slosh around in the sliding side door from it filling with rain water and not draining properly. I will never purchase or recommend a Chrysler vehicle again!
  • 2009 Volkswagen Beetle Purchased VW Beetle for highway miles commute. Two new AC units under previously purchased warranty (but one dealer said he didn't honor warranty). In 5 times for headlight repair/replacement that cost me time and money. Now clicking on left side of engine block after spark plugs replaced. Have 90,000 miles and otherwise rides great even in snow. Michelin tires are the best for this sweet car
  • 2004 Kia Rio CHECK your timing belt!!!! ours only had 53,000 on it and timing belt went out! Motor is toast! never buy one again!!!
  • 1998 Mercedes-Benz E320 I have owned this car since 2000 and I am very happy with the experience. I purchased it as a two year old lease return. I have garaged it since purchase and maintained it annually. I also have it detailed after each winter inside and out. Feeding the leather annually has kept the leather supple and like new. I live in a non-snow/road salt area so there's no rust. At 16 years old the car still looks new. That said my only gripe is with the transmission and rear window regulators. I've had the transmission replaced once, after owning the car ten years, with an updated version and the rear window regulators replaced three times. The rear regulators are poorly designed in my opinion. I've gotten very good wear, and non of the dust problems, with ceramic brake pads. And have only replaced the rotors once. Prior to the switch I was taking the car in for brakes almost on an annual basis. The engine is bullet proof in my opinion and at 136,000 miles it still feels peppy and strong. Using Mobil-1 synthetic motor oil it's entire life has protected the engine and kept it running very smooth and quiet. I feel very safe in this car. The body feels like a tank. Overall I will buy this model again if I find that Daimler has kept up the quality control on this model.
  • 1995 Subaru Legacy Outback My main problem with this model is an oil leak. It was minor at first, but now leaks a lot. I've been told it is from the front head gasket. I keep check on oil level but it does not take additional oil. What is this? Mileage is low. I am wondering if there will be a sudden collapse of the engine! Otherwise, I have enjoyed the ride.
  • 2001 Jaguar XJ8 The timing belt had to be replaced at 100,000 miles. Otherwise, this XJR was super.
  • 2002 Toyota Sequoia I really enjoyed the Toyota the first two years then the rear power window stopped working. Then the power antenna stopped working. The third row is only for kids. I also had Trac lights come on the dealer was of no help. My driver door handle broke off on the inside.
  • 2006 Mazda MPV The brakes ware out to fast.it not roomy and with the sir on the back doesnt get cool off
  • 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 piece of junk! I go through break pads and boots every 8,000 miles. I'm on my 3rd transfer case. it's always been a lemon from the day I drove it off the show room floor!
  • 2004 BMW M3 Excellent all around performer with 4 seats, and is reliable. What more can you ask for?
  • 1991 Honda Accord 91 wagon. I love it. One of the most reliable vehicles I had. 300k miles and I take it every where. Replaced distributor in past year. Parts are plentiful if the problem arises. Super easy to maintain as well. Everything works.
  • 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT 4X4 DRW Cummins 5.9 Turbo Diesel. I bought this truck used 3 years ago with 119k. I expected to change a lot of wear and tear parts. I bought this truck to try how it work with a cummins inland. I use to be a boat engineer in the Navy and cummins was one of my specialty. So far I got towed once, lift pump replaced and added an auxiliary pump from BD Diesel. I decided to kept the truck. now 159k lifted, oversized tires 20-24 mpg.
  • 2000 GMC Yukon XL 1500 I love my big girl. will differntly purchase another.
  • 2000 Lincoln Town Car I really do like my car, but I have my concerns. Get ready if you have a sunroof, but I am not sure if my water leak in the rear passenger floorboard is coming from the roof. I have tried having the sunroof sealed and still have water in the flowboard when it rains. Next, I have this strange rattling noise in the dash area when you reach 50 mph driving, I also have a delay in my AC starting, and then it starts blowing hot air first. Finally, my dash lights are all out. The seat bottom section will not move upward or backwards, but the top section of the seat will adjust.
  • 2004 Chrysler Crossfire I bought my 2004 chrysler crossfire used at a great price, after doing a ton of research about them. First off the handling - It handles beautifully with the low profile tires and short wheelbase. It is a bred sports car, if you can't handle a bumpy ride there is better cars out there for you but this car does what it is designed to do extremely well. I just replaced the oem brakes after 100 000 kilometers, I did the work myself and it was not any more expensive than any other car. Exterior - Gorgeous. Mine is in blaze red, it changes quite drastically depending on the sun and the car often gets compliments from random people. The looks are subjective but I love it. On the downside though I hit a rock bending a wheel, and the dealership wanted 995$ plus freight to get in just one oem wheel. I could have gone aftermarket but I like the oem style so I found one used on ebay for 300 shipped. Interior - Could use more work. These cars will show their age fairly quickly compared to most because a lot had some problems with the paint/dye on the center console. Not much you can do about it other than repaint or dye a lot of the plastics in the car, this is the route I'm going as I imagine a new console price wouldn't be worth it. The headliner is also known to prematurely sag due to bad glue at factory, it cost me 220$ for a shop to professionally fix that which should now last the rest of the life of the car. Also in 04-05s the seat warmers bottom part is known to go out, just something else to watch out for. On the plus side from the interior, it is very functional and pretty roomy for a two seater. At 6'3 I don't fit in any other two seaters I've drove, never mind be comfortable enough on a a few hour drive. Engine - Powerful enough for the car. The no-start or mysteriously dying issue I've been reading about here is a somewhat well known thing on this car, it is either the crankshaft position sensor failing, or the relay control module not working. Crankshaft position sensor is a 45$ part and takes 15 minutes to change out, I can't see it costing much labour to have a shop change it out if you cant. The relay control module is again a 10-15 minute changeout, costs roughly 300 BUT if you're handy with a solder gun you can fix it yourself in 10 minutes and save yourself the money. These are really the only two quirks with the engine, its proven to be a reliable powerhouse and don't let this scare you away from the car. Both fixes could be done in under an hour if your handy or could be taken care of fairly cheaply at a shop. Don't let some of the minor quirks of the car scare you away from buying one, I would buy another in a heartbeat as it is a unique car you don't often see and is a pleasure to drive. Just be aware of the cars faults before you buy one, this car is no civic. Best place to bring these cars to would be an independent european shop. Mercedes-benz dealerships don't want to deal with them and chrysler dealerships don't know how.
  • 2008 Hyundai Elantra I did my transmission filter change, was easy and save $ 300 from the Dealer. --- Car run smooth and quite, the noise people talking about when driving is the road , cause I tested on new road and it feel wonderful. --- brake switch after replace it 3 times has been working fine, I guess was my wife fault cause women don't care at all about their car, I've seen them how they start the car and fly away with out warming the car first. Tip for all of you : Temperature door actuator is under glove box, at the left side of the passenger left food, easy to replace; don't pay to Dealer. --- Transistor or resistor is just next to the blower motor, against the back wall, very easy to replace, maybe you need to push a little the carper to see it; don't pay to Dealer, is what give different speed to your A/C fan or blower. -- and the last : Actuator mode door, is the responsible of change air flow to different place and turn your fan or A/C, its just under wheel, driver side, close to your right foot, don't pay to Dealer this things are easy to replace, just a little twist your body, screw driver and flashlight and of course patience. I hope I can help some one with this. Remember help others when you have the oportunity
  • 2008 Volvo S40 I have owned my Volvo S40 2.4i for a little over 5 years now and have well over 70,000 miles on it. I bought it because of the great handling, agility, and aesthetics it offers and of course, safety. The car has treated me well, and i have treated it well. If you take care of your car, it will love you back. I never exceed the engine past 3000rpm, and wash the inside, outside, engine bay EVERY WEEK. I Love my Volvo! . --Problems i do have with it - just normal wear and tear Control arm (rear)- replaced 800 dollars due to lost tension. Trunk - connection in the wires connected to cabin loose so trunk could not open/said trunk lid open. Replaced the wires by myself over a weekend -- now its like new. The tires -- wear waayyy too prematurely Not that cold of AC. Not that great mileage. Not TOO powerful torque wise... (but i have the 2.4i) it still has great power behind it when traveling from 35-80+ mph Volvo 4 life - from Sweden
  • 1999 Honda CR-V Bought my Honda CRV new in late 1999. Almost 14 years old, now. I have had hardly any mechanical work done outside of normal maintenance and a minor accident repair. My only gripe is that certain dash lights disappear when headlights are on, which I do during daytime hours because of LOTS of traffic around here. Can't see what the time is, whether airvent is open or closed, what gear I'm in, etc., when using headlights during daytime hours. Steering is still highly responsive after all these years and the interior and exterior have held up very well despite always being parked outdoors when not driven. One can configure the seats to form a cot in order to sleep in the car if one is in the wilderness! Easy to put things in and out of rear flap, even a heavy wheelchair, without straining. Everything still works on this extremely hardy and comfortable vehicle. It's also not a big bruiser, but higher than a sedan, so easier to see ahead and around, uses fuel wisely, and is, truly, the best vehicle I have ever had since I learned to drive 50 years ago! BRAVO Honda CR-V!