Reviews for Cadillac DeVille years:

Cadillac DeVille Reviews and Owner Comments

Cadillac DeVilleOwner Reviews (110 reviews)
    Visitor, Cartersville, GA, March 13, 2014 10:51
    I purchased a 2004 Cadillac DeVille. I will admit that the previous owner maintained this car according to the scheduled maintenance plan. It had all the records from the Cadillac dealer when I purchased it. The previous owner had it for 9 years. It was driven just over 14,500 miles per year. The car is like new. I just love it and the only complaint I would have is that the rotors heat up and warped so I am having a higher grade rotor put on. Great Car if maintained well. My gas mileage has been better than I hoped average of 21.5 in town. I don't know why others seem to complain you get what you buy. If you buy a used car check the records and know what you have purchased. It truly matters. I love my Cadillac DeVille.
    Visitor, Kansas City, MO, December 04, 2013 10:08
    my power sterring and power brakes stop is there a relay are something
    Visitor, Plainview, NY, October 27, 2013 08:01
    Its a great car mechanically. But is has too many sensors and monitors that with time are going to malfunction. I have a 2004 cadillac deville. 190,000 miles. Im having trouble with old wiring and areas being monitored that still work but are old . Setting off codes like crazy and difficult to clear. I still get 19 miles city and 24 miles highway. Mechanically it rides great.im now changing a tps sensor connector. Im getting a code telling me insufficient voltage. Its off by .5volts and im going nuts with this .5 voltage problem. This is age not a problem with the cars running well.So its a pain in the arse so to speak later on. I didnt like changing the head gaskets with 50,000 miles on it. Very expensive etc.Electric switches on steering wheel lighted burn out, still work but they dont light. little bs things that shouldnt happen with this car.Not for the money u spend. If you still keep this car change the oil and filter every 3000 miles. let it drain well. it will run forever.
    Visitor, Woodway, TX, October 19, 2013 09:58
    I have only 77000 miles on my 2001 Deville, currently having multiple problems with power steering, rack and pinion, hoses and pumps, have installed 4 pumps, with another one due to be installed with a separate cooler, on return line. Have had multiple problemns ever since I purchased it new in 2000. Had to replace both head gaskets at 60000 miles, plus it uses 4 quarts of oil between changes ever since new! I could list many opages for the problems that have occurred through the years! Had to replace roof at 55000 mioles because of rusted hole in it!
    GODHERWALK, Oakland, CA, June 30, 2013 11:10
    THE CAR IS DieD OVER NIGHT one THE CLOCK light STAYS ON WHEN I TURN OFF THE IGNITION. IT HAS THE WRONG BATTERY IN IT. THE CLOCK SET FOR THE HOUR DOES NOT WORK. IS THAT WHAT DRAINS THE BATTERY? Other than that it runs very good. One time owner I have not registered the car yet I would be the second owner to it!!! after today it may have an extra 100 miles added.
    Visitor, Houston, TX, June 30, 2013 07:57
    ILL FIX WHAT EVER I FREAKING LOVE THIS CAR plus every car will break down or another if it is not maintained or tuned. Ppl take good care of ur cars and they will take care of u
    jerrye1942, Cullman, AL, May 16, 2013 16:41
    thanks for accepting my question, recently a penny fell into my cigarette lighter, I think it must have blown a fuse, where can I find the proper fuse? I do not smoke, but I need it for gps. thank you for your attentionb
    Visitor, Cullman, AL, May 16, 2013 16:28
    a penny fell into the cig. lighter, I suspect a fuse, where can I find it.
    options28, Cape Coral, FL, March 25, 2013 08:55
    It is unfortunate that this car which my wife loves is such an maintenance nite-mare! Purchased in 2005 with 28K miles, now 8 years later and 107k miles, I have spent $12,200 in repairs, maintenance and tires. Do not purchase a 2000 - 2006 Deville as they are all ranked below average in reliability by Consumer Reports. Without a doubt the worst car decision I have ever made. The upside with this car is the great highway comfort, roomy back seat and the huge trunk that will carry all your stuff to Fl every year.
    Visitor, Waycross, GA, February 19, 2013 07:17
    I just bought my Deville 2002 so far so good all these BAD reviews are worrying me, i had owned a 1997 and fan went out and blew head gasket with in a month of buying it used in 2012 soooooo I'm trying it again with this 2002 Deville. will update if any problems occure
    Visitor, Brighton, MI, February 10, 2013 16:27
    Transmission problems are common and very expensive to fix. The price of a transmission replacement just about totals the car. AC system and PS pump have had to be replaced. No oil leaks, no engine failure thus far at 93k miles. Center console/body trim has several weak spots, specifically the center console is broken. Brakes get this big car to stop very well.
    CadillacDriver, Waddell, AZ, February 09, 2013 14:00
    My 95 Cadillac Deville drives fairly well. Smooth on the road, luxurious and spacey interior and it just drives as steady as can be. I purchased this vehicle with a little over 60,000 miles on the odo, but it looks and feels like a brand new car. I am glad to have finally been able to afford one of these pure luxurious cars. I don't think I could ever buy anything else - I am now a happy Cadillac enthusiast. :) My car does have the older 4.9l engine, with the real Cadillac name under the hood. If you speak about this engine you would refer to it as a 'Cadillac' engine. Probably the last engine purely made by GM's Cadillac division. Tips on keeping away problems: 1) Always maintain your Cadillac; especially oil changes and other routine maintenance work. This would certainly save headaches later on. These older Cadillacs are very easy to maintain and do your own oil and filter changes. 2) Use the recommended 91 octane gas! This is required on 4.9l engines and later Northstar engines. Using a lower grade gas will shorten your engine's life and may cause severe engine damage in a very short period of time.
    lklingjr, Saint Amant, LA, December 02, 2012 18:11
    MY DAUGHTER GAVE ME HER 1990 CADDY DEVILLE WHEN ME JEEP LET ME DOWN.IT WAS RUNNING PERTTY ROUGH WHEN I GOT IT,BUT NOW I HAVE WORKED ON IT AND IT IS RUNNING GREAT BUT,THE SERVICE LIGHT IS ON AND IT HASENT GONE OUT BUT TWICE.I REALLY LOVE THIS OLD CAR BUT THE LIGHT IS WORRING ME.
    Northstar97, Philadelphia, PA, October 28, 2012 16:15
    My 1997 Cadillac Deville has 224,000 miles on it and still running stronge, this is my fourth cadillac a 1968 Devill Convertible a 1970 Deville Convertible and 1977 Coupe Deville and I will buy another cadillac, yes they cost more than a Chevy to repair but it's a "Cadillac" and I do most of the repairs on it myself.
    Visitor, Lynchburg, VA, October 24, 2012 19:52
    purchase the 01 cadillac I think 2years ago,used 110,00mile.put back brakes on,water pump and was told before purchase has a small oil leak(quart a week)front brakes,rotaries,starter.factory subwoofer cracked and blown,trunk and gas tank cover fuse blown,now see antifreeze on ground under car,engine light on 2 codes pulled for transmission.i got flushed,screened cleaned,new transmission fluid(changes gear fine)did not follow recommendation from book of maintenance so have to reset to turn off check engine light(hopefully)now it states flush radiator and change spark plugs(got to do it)before it get worst.Have driven on highway with no major problems,since I had it,but at 150,000 repairs are coming up.Parts are not bad but the labor is major price.Won't complain,drives like a boat when taken care of.
    Visitor, Saint Louis, MO, August 23, 2012 08:56
    my air conditioning will not come out of the upper vents. it only blows out of the bottom vents
    Visitor, Tecumseh, OK, July 25, 2012 16:04
    I just recently purchased my Cadillac. It is a great car! Runs REAL good, and for 12 y/o looks almost new. I did have to replace 1 rotor, and a marker light tho. lol. The suspension is crud tho. I replaced the rear air ride with stock shocks. Much better! $675 each for an air shock is way to much. Then install? No way. With less than 90,000m on it, it is the best car I think I have ever owned. (Not including my Dodge Ram truck.. No contest there. Truck wins.) I have had no problems with window regulators, leaks, or anything real serious. It uses a little oil, but upon researching, that engine is designed to. Not sure why others have so many probs. They might abuse theirs more that I do. Well, Im going out for a drive. Toodles.
    Visitor, Houston, TX, June 01, 2012 20:41
    I have owned a 2001 Deville for 6 years now. I put a lot of miles a week on it and it has proven to be extremely reliable. I currently have 185,000 miles. I find the maintenance to be very easy with the OBD system telling you what is wrong. All repairs have been easy and low cost. My Cadillac actually costs less than my bosses honda which is a POS. I am doing some maintenance now that I wish I did earlier such as put new sparkplugs and change the transmission fluid to the new Dexron VI. If you neglect the oil changes your going to pay dearly. I have had to replace all the window regulators and it is only difficult the first time, very easy to do once you have it down.
    ToniC, Woodridge, IL, April 30, 2012 12:49
    Toni back again:!!!!! I bought my Caddy brand new 2000 loved it loved it. Now it is a nightmare from hell. GM better check with their people who have purchased their caddies. I think they make them last until a certain time and then everyting eventually will break down and you would have to sell the car or get a new one (I hope it is not a caddy again) I loved the car and now it is not even worth the repairs (I maintained this car like it was my child). At this time I can not afford a new car or even a used one so I am almost forced to fix the unbelevable prices to fix it. Caddy dealers should tell you that the car will break down guaranteed witin the next 2 to 3 years and then after look out an avalanch of break downs. Soory I am so negative but I am a single woman just trying to make a decent living with a beautiful car that breaks down with something all of the time. Just Me signing off for now. Will let you know if I get truly disgusted and buy a new car (not a Caddy that is for sure).
    Visitor, Waianae, HI, April 22, 2012 01:00
    I have a 99 cadillac deville that keeps getting hot even after changing the thermostat, water pump, fan relays(because fan wasnt coming on)and still it overheats. Any suggestions?
    Visitor, Oak Park, IL, April 21, 2012 21:01
    Hey cadillac owners gues what i bought one of these lacs they call it with 84,000 miles on it.
    hospice nurse, Clendenin, WV, April 21, 2012 10:22
    i have a 2005 deville with over 221,000 miles. we bought this car new and i have to say it has been well worth the money. i've never had any major issues with this car. i've had routine maintenance done, such as brakes and such, and we change the oil every 3-5000 miles and had the transmission flushed about every 60-80,000 miles. i use synthetic oil and swear by this oil. i've had to replace the a/c compressor once, the alternator once, battery once, 2 coil packs and a coil rail, and a wheel hub. other than that i guess i've had a pretty good car. i have to add 1 quart of oil about every 3000 miles which i've been told is normal. i am starting to notice a shifting problem and now that i have read up on this, it must be a typical problem. i used to take my car to the dealer(rip off) for regular maintenance when it was under warranty, but when that ended at 100,000 miles, i take it to my local repair shop. not everyone wants to work on these cars. my mechanic has been great and honest. hard to find nowadays. i just replaced the original spark plugs ( yes, i said original). why fix something that's not broke. i probably could have went more miles with those, but i figured it was about time. everyone around my town tells me that the north star engines are throw aways because they cost so much to either replace or repair and they usually don't last over 120,000 miles. i guess i picked a good one. i will buy another one if and when i have to. i'm worried tho that i won't get as good as one as this one. p.s., i also have an 03 chevy silverado truck with 285,000 miles on it.
    ToniC, Woodridge, IL, April 18, 2012 09:15
    2000 Caddy DeVille: Ran great until 12 years old. Did all the requird maintainance on the caddy - Leaked oil since I bought it brand new. now still leaking heavier, went to auto to check why service engine light soon and now they tell me they have to pull the engine (rebuild engine and trans and fix the oil leak head gasket) why so much only want to keep the car for another 2 years. Car runs like a champ have no problems except for this oil leak. R they telling me the truth or because I am a girl they are taking advantage of me. Wish I could trust someone with this issue, now they want $3,000 to repair the leak. Undecided Toni, I am driving it like this for the past 4 years and nothing bad has happened, what to do. just have to keep putting the oil in and keep on top of this I think.
    pegbest, Amory, MS, March 27, 2012 11:33
    MY 2001 CADILLAC DEVILLE HAS BEEN RUNNING HOT , THE RADIATOR IS NEW I YR OLD I REPLACED THE WATERPUMP, THERMOSTAT, AND RAD CAP YESTERDAY. STILL RAN HOT, COOLANT SOME LOW HAD A HARD TIME GETTING AIR OUT OF SYSTEM AND ENOUGH COOLANT IN TO KEEP AT NORMAL TEMP. BUT DID. I NOTICED A SMALL LEAK LOOKS LIKE BETWEEN MOTOR AND HEATER CORE. DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ELSE I COULD CHECK. I NEED A DIAGRAM OF COOLING SYSTEM SHOWING ALL HOSES.
    Visitor, Minneapolis, MN, March 12, 2012 16:48
    when you get in the car and start you can hear a chirping and the chirping contiunes while the car is on and off for ahwile? and yes the blower on the heat doesn't work
    caratic, Paulsboro, NJ, March 08, 2012 17:33
    got the car wit 42,000 for 18,955 ran good now has 140,000 now starting to give me problems big ones every thing is starting to go at once. when i take it to the shop who ever fix it say these cars are time cusoming to fix and labor is costly parts are cheep but u must have money to get it fix because u brought it to me. but other than that till now 2003 deville is the best model i had out of them all so if u get one get it with low millage and sale it before u get to 120,000
    Visitor, Cortland, NY, February 27, 2012 17:13
    bought new... overall very low maintenance...110,000 miles now and the repairs are starting to outweigh its value..overdrive sensor needs replacing(in the transmission)....air conditioner compressor has a bad bearing....fuel pump is making noise...these are all costly repairs i have been putting off...but overall have been very satisfied with the car...it still looks and drives like new...as far as the window regulators...it's a common problem to ALL GM cars and trucks...having owned several i have replaced a total of 14 window regulators in the past 10 years....
    Visitor, Tualatin, OR, February 20, 2012 12:12
    Wow . . after reading all these negative reports I am so pleased to add mine to the positive ones [if there are any here]. We purchased our Deville new in late 2004. It currently has 184,000 miles on it. It's service to me has been incredible. Brakes once, torgue converter replaced once, a windshield wiper motor replaced. No other car I've owned in 50 years has given us better service with so little repairs. What else can I say?
    Visitor, Mount Laurel, NJ, February 10, 2012 14:25
    I brought this DeVille (2004) used in 2006 with 56,000 mi on it. This was my first Caddy, however it will be my last. The main thing is the replacement of the window regulators,the dealer soaks you for $550 to replace them,what a racket. I had 3 fail on the car,but had the other two replaced by Prep Boys saving $550.I now have 116,000 miles on it. The car leaks inside on really rainy days there is water in the sun roof panel, the knee bolster came off while I was driving,the screws came out of the center console. The a/c makes loud noises,plus the front suspension is quirky over bumps,yes if the road is flat and smooth the car rides great.Also the front left inner rim were rusting causing low tire pressure,so the fix was to put a sealant around the rim to fix the problem. Nexy car will be a lexus. I want to buy American,however the quality of the Caddy brand is terrible.
    Visitor, Covina, CA, February 06, 2012 17:18
    my car keeps turinnig off after like 3 20 min drives an will stay off for 40 min then turn on without a jump ..... help .... my ac blower wont turn off when car is off .... an the far for radiator keeps blowing an its getting hot alot now i replaced both lower an upwer hoes an keep flids inb there an oil good full synthetic help other then that its a strong car 123k miles 2nd tranny first engine
    PeaceMinister, Philadelphia, PA, January 28, 2012 16:09
     Technician
    This is the car that you want if you take long trips, or if you like driving in the city at low speeds. This is by no means a sports car and should be driven by people who aren't erratic drivers. Extreme comfort in this car. The buttons and controls are all easy to deal with. It has some known issues that are basically universal to this engine...it is not terribly easy to work on because of limited space, but is much easier than your German luxury cars. All in all, I love this car, and if you can find a good one, get it.
    samrick, Hollywood, FL, December 28, 2011 22:02
    My 1997 Cadillac deville which only has 72,000 miles has a shot A/C compressor. Don't know why. I read about a recall but want to know if anyone out there can give me information about this or perhaps has had the same problem.
    Visitor, Trenton, FL, December 14, 2011 09:44
    This is my 3rd cadilac. I bought it used in August and I knew it had a few issues to fix then. Nothing I couldn't fix later. The speedometer didn't work and the drivers window only goes down about 4 inches and the drivers side mirror will not adjust from the inside. But other than that, the car is as clean as a showroom car.. I drove it all over for a few months and wouldn't be afraid to drive anywhere in it. I just bought a GPS to tell me what speed I was going instead of fixing the speedometer right now. But last weekend I did have to put a altenater on it. But on a used car, you have to expect things like that once in awhile. No since to be upset yet. I had a 88 deville and loved it and never spent a dime on repairs before a semi ran into me from behind. Then I replaced it with a 91 Cadilac Eldorado and I would have drove the wheels off it had a tree not fell on top of it 6 years later. So I replaced it with a lemon of a van that I put money in left and right for 5 1/2 yrs and finally sold it this summer and bought this cadilac. Seems they were good to me. I don't care that we're supposed to buy cars with 40 mile per hour milege, I want what I'm familiar and comfortable with.
    Visitor, Chicago, IL, December 06, 2011 23:57
    I brought this car from an aucstion in August,2011, The car leaks, oil and has white smoke, now. Smells of anti-freeze, on and off. Mechanic fixed rack and pinion steering,didn;t need. $455.00 oil still leaks, mechanic repaired again, transmission seal leaked, oil pan gasket leaked. car still leaking around the driver side wheel, spots on the ground, spot, spot, spot. sound comes from rear passenger side. should have bought a 1998 sts, smaller, but appears less headaches, thinking of trading, for what, all cars seem to have such problem, made with cheap parts.
    Visitor, Aiken, SC, November 21, 2011 19:42
    I was bequeathed my second lac from my mom in 1999 which she bought new in 1995, it is now 2011 and it still looks amazing, having a lil trouble with the tranny, which is being fixed, and just serviced the top of the motor, new injectors a thorough throttle body cleaning down to the heads, removed center head and replaced valve covers and all hoses. Hey its been 18 plus years of the good life, its time to treat her rite. wouldnt give it up for the world.
    Visitor, Northville, MI, November 04, 2011 10:41
    My 1998 Northstar (Sedan DeVille) gets 31MPG on the highway. I learned after I had the engine replaced, that it has been well established that the early Northstars were prone to develop warped heads and then the coolant leaks, the engine overheats, etc., and eventually the engine just fails. There is a Fix for this, (maybe $100 in parts, plus labor), which GM rigorously avoided until the later years (mid 2000's). Had they put these better bolts in the engines in the first place, there would have been no problem, and the cost would have been negligible. The head bolts are simply a half inch too short on the older Northstars, permitting the heads to flex and warp, particularly as the older gaskets became 'dry' or compressed. Any Cadillac Dealer will be able to tell you (from the VIN number) if you have the defective engine (they won't use the word 'defective'). There is a Head Bolt kit that is available, for retrofits. If I had a Northstar with low mileage, and it wasn't overheating or leaking or chewing up oil, I would pay to have the engine disassembled, remove the heads, replace the Gaskets, and put in the newer/longer head bolts. Then this engine would last forever, so long as you change the 8 quarts of oil every 3,500 miles. This fix is about $1K, but is cheaper than the $4-5K engine replacement.
    Visitor, Bakersfield, CA, November 04, 2011 06:09
    Im 28years old and I love this car. I bought this car a year ago from someone that took great care of the car. only thing I have had to do is replace brakes but with 74,000 miles its to be expected. this is 2011 and almost 2012 and this is my favorite car i also own a 2007 ford expidition fully loaded good suv for the family and wife but after a few days of driving the caddy it makes driving that suv feel like a cheep piece of sh**. Only reason this car didnt get all stars on body,interior, & misc* and electrical and lights is because its 2012 and a lil outdated. will for sure keep this car till she dies.
    Visitor, Scarsdale, NY, September 29, 2011 09:48
    Need help with my husbands 99' Cadillac De Ville. He put too much weight on the back tires and now they have a "buzz sound" and don't drive straight. Our Haynes Repair Manual doesn't shows what kind of bushing he needs for the rear tire (right side). The Williamson Cadillac in Miami, send "lots of nuts" (will not solve the problem).
    buffybuttons, Scottdale, PA, September 26, 2011 10:04
    1994 deville or DEVIL-le.Here is a brief summary of the problems I have or had with mine. Fuel filler neck leaks onto hot muffler. Fuel door sticks closed. Abs sensor wire on front passenger side breaks easily and costs over $100 for 1 wire!Brake lines rust and fail very easily. Cheap plastic radiator causes transmission oil cooler rupture causing transmission to burn up.Egr valve sticks open or closed and costs over $350 for the part. Ecm is noteworthy as crap.Reoccuring code p076 despite 2 transmission rebuilds and extensive electrical testing. Not enough head room. On the plus side you will still look classy broken down on the road. Gm should be embarassed.
    Visitor, Martinsville, VA, September 22, 2011 06:36
    Have a '91 Sedan DeVille that I bought in 2009 from orig owner. Had 74K on it. Wanted a comfortable car for long trips. Beautiful pearl white w/ navy leather. Was kept covered in a garage... No dents, chips, scratches----looks like new. Replaced the a/c compressor---bearings wore out, replaced the brake master cyl & booster, did a tune-up---still had orig wires & plugs on it. Love the ride, love the classic look, love the power. Had to take it out of the garage last year in the snow when my truck wouldn't start---the caddy was like a tank in the snow.... It didn't have the rear fender shirts---I'm looking for a set to install. Great car---love it!
    Visitor, Nashville, TN, August 15, 2011 11:33
    i have a 1999 Cadillac De Ville,its been a great care.bought it from auto action.ran good for abt 5 months then it ran hot, these cars have a problem with the head gasket bolts that cause it to leak and run hot.i put liquid copper in it abt 8.00.i know they say dont put stop leak in it but it works.stop the leak stopped it from running hot.and the check engine light went back off,and it runs good.but you might have to repeat the step abt once a year.just started having a different problem.now when i turn my car off sometimes the ac/heater blower is still on blowing inside the car,it goes back off when i put the key in and turn the switch.
    Visitor, Pinckney, MI, August 13, 2011 16:00
    air only flows in defrost mode. How do I replace the air flow actuator?
    joperry, Minneapolis, MN, August 10, 2011 18:57
    Im a 4 time caddy owner, nothing like deville's , even had 2 escalades cnt beat the ride and it eats up highway.
    Visitor, Syracuse, NY, August 09, 2011 04:42
    Took the car into dealership for preventative maintenance....just wanted the radiator to be flushed/replace thermostat and gasket. Dealership performed a diagnostic test...I recieved the PHONECALL. they told me that I need to replace the coolant tank because the pressure is low,I asked well,wouldn't a complete radiator flush maybe a new thermostat would make the coolant tank hold the presure?Actually,what the heck is the coolant tank(thought it was the plastic resevoir tank)then I was told the crossover gaskets need to be replaced.Frist of all,there is no oil or coolant leaks inside engine or on the garage floor.The low coolant light came on once,that's why I brought it in...the price of the parts,I can deal with that,but the labor is what drives up the cost.Have you ever heard of the frist problem,low coolant tank...needs to be replaced What happens if I just have the car flushed,I don't drive it in the winter.
    Visitor, Camden, AR, August 07, 2011 16:05
    I have a 1999 Cadillac Deville with the North Star Engine. I am having problems with over heating. I have replaced thermostat, water pump, radiator, and it still runs hot. I really runs hot when I run my A/C. If someone has the same problem, please tell me what you did to fix it.
    Visitor, Lafayette, CO, July 28, 2011 21:55
    I just bought my 1998 Cadillac Deville July 4, 2011. It was running great for a day and the check engine came on. Well, it over heated so I had it fixed and they said it was ok. The next day bright and early the check engine came on again and the mechanic is saying transmission issues which to fix is more than the car is worth! I regret buying this car so bad!! I should've known Cadi's were pieces of, well, I think most of you know! A total waste of money!!!!
    jrd8866, Cheswick, PA, June 29, 2011 15:21
    can we do a class action law suite on the 2004 devile, it sounds like the window motors are bad. I have had to replace all 4. and nobody has ever been in the backseat. how the hell could those go bad? the best is i just traded my 2004 s10 4x4 crew cab with 80,000 miles brad new $25,000 and blue book trade in was 7-8 k i got $7500. then my 2004 caddy deville with 60,000miles and new cost $48,500 the blue book trade in 5-6k why the hell would anyone buy a caddy? this was the last straw i will never ever have a caddy again. . i got a nissan titan 5.6l v8 loaded. not going to loose 40k again
    Visitor, Seattle, WA, June 26, 2011 23:04
    fOR A OLDER MODEL CAR IT DOES WELL,I'M AT 174,000MI.CHANGED THE RADIATOR DID A NICE TUNE UP,IT RUNS GREAT.THE PROBLEM I'M HAVING IS THE COMPUTER DETECTION SYSTEM.ITS TELLING ME THE ENGINE HAS LOW OIL PRESSURE WHEN THE ENGINE INTERNAL TEMP REACHES 222F.THE MESSAGE INDICATOR WILL THEN SAY "STOP ENGINE",BUT WHEN I PUSH THE GAS IT RESETS ITSELF BACK TO NORMAL.I DONT KNOW IF THERES A ENGINE PROBLEM OR NOT,THE OIL LEVEL IS FINE,ENGINE IS NOT MAKING ANY UNCOMMON NOISES.IM STUCK ON ITS EITHER THE OIL PUMP OR OIL PRESSURE SENSOR IS FAILING. DEL MACK A DIZZLE!
    Visitor, Charleston, SC, June 08, 2011 09:28
    bought it 2 years ago 165k 1 family car brfore i bought it. was maintained very well. i have put 20k on it with no major repaires. i get 19 mpg when careful..i love it
    Visitor, Milwaukee, WI, May 04, 2011 17:01
    I purchased my 2003 Deville DTS w/ 23000 miles on it. After having this car I highly doubt that I will ever purchase another Cadillac. The day I took the car home the window modulator went out, and since then two window regulators have stopped working, I have to replace my idle control valve, my interior lights won't come on, when I lock the doors with my remote the alarm goes off 10 min. afterward, my stability and traction control indicators come on for no reason at all, when I took the car to get ONE of the regulators replaced they took the door panel off and found MASKING TAPE holding certain parts together...It's a nice car but it's not worth the trouble and money.
    Visitor, Chapel Hill, NC, April 18, 2011 05:42
    the worst purchase i made in my lifetime will never buy one again HEADACHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    Visitor, Stewartville, MN, April 14, 2011 00:09
    I bought this car used. A Cadillac has/had always been my dream car. Sadly, this one has been a nightmare. It has literally been one problem after another. I didn't even get it home from the dealer before the service engine light came on. It has been in the shop more than any car I have ever drove. I should have found a Toyota and took my chances with it taking off and not stopping.
    2dfx, Kansas City, MO, April 11, 2011 20:39
    Owned the car for 4 years, bought it with 45000mi. Have replaced 3 window regulators, cam and crank position sensors, gas cap, blower motor and related electronics, the awful Michelin tires that came with the car, and a wheel speed sensor. It's comfortable, and it looks good. But it's a money pit - plain and simple. There are more reliable cars with similar comfort and convenience for less money. Owned a 94 DeVille before this one, will not own another one again.
    Visitor, Rocky Mount, NC, March 29, 2011 10:50
    i HAVE THIS CAR AND i WANT TO SELL IT. ID RATHER HAVE THE FLEETWOOD.
    Visitor, Lancaster, CA, February 21, 2011 13:37
    My parents this for meit had 130k miles on it, i put on about 12k since, I love this car! nice interior, smooth ride i love flooring it and hearing that 3.2v northstar. keep the fuel level above a quarter of a tank, other wide you'll paying around $500 for a new fuel pump. i can tell the previous owner abused it quite a bit, when i shift it into drive, the car is in neutral, and when it's in 3rd it goes into drive, not that big of a deal, the heater only blows out of the feet, but when the car is warmed up and the heater is cranking on high, it gets to hot! 2 of the three cigarette lighters don't work, but all i need is one for my GPS. it has all the nice little details you would want in a car. upkeep can be a little on the expensive side, but it's totally worth it.
    Visitor, Wheeling, WV, February 04, 2011 05:35
    should be renamed to 'Crapillac"
    Lakeman, Lake Waccamaw, NC, January 20, 2011 12:44
    Rides nice and smooth , love to drive this car. good gas milage
    Visitor, Saint Louis, MO, January 17, 2011 15:52
    This is a pretty good car. I drive a few cars, but this one is the one I drive the most. There is no comparison to my mom's Toyota Corolla; this car blows it away. I only get about 15 city and 20 highway. I have driven it about 10,000 miles in just about a year and I love it. Now I got this car from my grandma and I really wanted to get a 95-03 Mustang GT. They're cheap and pretty fast, and besides I'm in high school. After I started driving the Caddy I could tell how smooth the ride was and how nice the interior was. The entire display is electronic and it has nice climate control. The leather seats are comfy and heated, and the car has so much space inside. I can fit two people in my trunk (alive), and the back seat is like a twin bed. The car has a really nice Northstar v8 which makes even a huge, heavy car like that move pretty quick. Now I was hoping to get a Mustang and add some racing parts, tint the windows, get a new stereo, and maybe add a supercharger to make it faster, but until I'm able to afford all of that, the Caddy does the job pretty well. I love to compete in an occasional stop-light race against the car across from me, and my car does surprisingly well. Now I've beaten a Mustang GT, an old old BMW, a ricer Honda Civic, a Chevy Malibu & Impala, and somehow a Nissan 350z.... still not sure how. But I love the car, its just that its stereotyped as an old-lady car, and it doesn't look too appealing on the outside. I have had very few problems with the car so far. I have only had to fix a turn signal relay, and an engine hose. Overall, its a pretty good car.
    Visitor, Birmingham, AL, January 15, 2011 15:40
    love engine ride everything
    Visitor, Littleton, CO, January 14, 2011 22:57
    great looking car but Suppension suck (air shocks are a joke and cost big $$ to replace) good in the snow bad on gas, i give it 5 out of 10
    Visitor, Charleston, WV, January 02, 2011 16:56
    I have a 2005 that I've driven for 167k miles with nothing more than brakes and tires to be changed. I change the oil about every 4k and mainly run on highways with the cruise control. Best car that I've owned.
    Visitor, Pikeville, KY, December 21, 2010 11:43
    this car is 2005 deville with 30.000 miles on it. it has been taken good care of oil changed every 3.000 miles it looks like new fan motor wont shut off useing oil tires wore out Its nota good deal for 40.ooo thousands doller car no wonder toyota and foreign cars have taken our market olds was the best car GM made
    Visitor, Boston, MA, December 06, 2010 11:38
    I must agree with the majority of reviews and say that these cars were a poor design. I had nothing but problems with it. It was one thing after another and I mean that literally I would fix something and within at most two weeks something else would need repair or replacement. And the repairs and parts are expensive. These cars are a perpetual progect car.
    Visitor, Sumter, SC, December 01, 2010 16:53
    This particular vehicle is an 01 DeVille that was purchased from a lease program with 38k miles. It has been a constant source of cost. Several thousands of dollars have been spent . As of late two window regulators have gone bad in a list of so many others.. The dealership is way too high and this vehicle will be traded for something of an Asian persuasion.
    Visitor, Plano, TX, December 01, 2010 08:48
    This Car like all the previous Cadillac are a an example of bad enginneering. Too much crap on these models Rebuilt at about 60,000 rebuilt trsnsmission and torque converte about 96,000 the ABS control module blu-up and the hot oil damaged the battery and other electrical cables around it. The rear suspension are too weeak for to carry 4 passangers and the outo-leveling suspension leak air. Driven only locally and never stressed with long trips,always garaged. A real crap of bad design. No wonder why Japan and other non USA mfg have a better reputation. Plus the repair cost is high for a domestic car. I think with the repairs I could have bought 3 more reliable foreign cars.
  • 1993 Cadillac DeVille
    Visitor, Decatur, GA, November 11, 2010 12:59
    Good service out of the vehicle for almost 175,000 miles now. Power steering hoses leaked a couple times, but other than that a pretty decent car. handling and ride quality are better than most US made cars of that time period, but not up to the standards of luxury imports from the mid 90s.
    Visitor, Windham, ME, November 09, 2010 17:38
    LOVE MY CADI GREAT GAS MILEAGE (20 LOCAL AND 24-25 ON HIGHWAY) YOU CAN DRIVE THOSE TIN CANS BUT I WANT SOME MEAT AROUND ME,AND I WILL GIVE UP 5OR 10 MPG TO HAVE IT. YES IT IS A LITTLE COSTLY TO HAVE REPAIRS BUT WHAT ISNT.I HAVE 160K ON IT NOW BUT IT STILL FEELS LIKE I AM DRIVING A NEW CAR,AND IT LOOKS LIKE A NEW CAR. WIFE HAS THE STS AND SHE FEELS THE SAME.
    Visitor, Santa Ana, CA, October 29, 2010 11:30
    i like this car but to much problems
    Visitor, Jacksonville, NC, October 26, 2010 21:37
    I bought my 02 Deville DTS for $5,800 earlier this year and it has been a complete nightmare. The alluminum engine heads and block (and alluminum head-bolts as well) are unreliable and prone to cracking, etc. The maintenance so far has cost me approx. $7/8,000.00 just to keep the car registered and running. The car itself is beautiful (Sable Black w/ factory Chrome Rims), but good looks won't get you where you want to go. Needless to say, I'm very dissapointed with GM and this car. I will buy Japanese from here on out ...they're simply better cars.
    Visitor, Columbia, MO, September 21, 2010 08:47
    i love this car and its in great shape you just need to know how to take care of them
    Visitor, Browns Mills, NJ, September 19, 2010 06:59
    Bought this car 4 years ago for commuting and its the best commuter car I've ever had. I travel 160 miles a day with it to and from work, gets in low 20's for mpg at around 70mph. Headliner needs replacing, typical GM issue and I've replaced a couple sensors and a muffler, not bad for a car nearing 200,000 miles
    Visitor, Suisun City, CA, September 11, 2010 09:49
    I Love My 91 Cadillac Deville Touring Best Car I Ever Had
    Visitor, Breaux Bridge, LA, August 18, 2010 11:37
    GREAT on the highway. Big mistake I made was not get extended warranty . Costly but still would get another Cadillac.
    Macho_1, Humble, TX, August 17, 2010 13:56
    I have had my Deville since 2006 and its been good to me so far. i replaced water pump 2 years ago, brakes last year, battery this year and now pully and belt for water pump. Other than that its been great.
    Visitor, Saint Petersburg, FL, August 08, 2010 04:02
    I have a 1997 cadillac deville one major problem the lifeter are bad cannt fix i try everthing other then that great car
    Visitor, Kansas City, MO, August 06, 2010 14:10
    save your money, buy a Lincoln. Bought my 01 with 74,000 one owner miles. Too many problems to list. But the worst. Piston rings are shot and it costs $4,000 to replace them or a remanufactured engine is about $3,000 plus about 1200 to install. I have owned my first and last cadillac.
    autobug, Laurel, MD, August 06, 2010 12:51
    Excellent road car, very comfortable ride. Repairs are expensive and do-it-yourself repairs are difficult or impossible. So far, (owned since new) I have been very pleased with overall quality and durability (currently have 133,000+ miles). It does use more oil than I wold like (1 quart every 2-3000 miles), but then, that's a lot of miles too. Currently am experiencing an emmissions problem (Secondary Air Injection Check Valves) to the tune of $1100 (dealer price) or DIY of about $445. I think I will try it! Overall, I must say it has been a very good vehicle. My wife will not even consider trading it!
    Moonie, Los Angeles, CA, August 04, 2010 05:54
    i love my caddy,repairs are costly.and overheating problem. 180k one owner
    tezludin, Quincy, MA, August 03, 2010 17:28
    These cars are pieces of crap. they need way too much tlc and theres too much crap on them that can break down . way too much electronic garbage on them . these cars are junk boxes
    Visitor, Wahiawa, HI, July 30, 2010 03:08
    i love my lac wouldnt trade it for any other car it may give me some problems time from time put when you fix enough stuff in it will run like a dream
    nickbean97, Aurora, IL, July 28, 2010 19:17
    Brought with 82K on it. Needed minor upkeep....tires, brakes.....oh and rear brake lines. Not cool. Also, I have a problem with the blower motor for the A/C. Replaced the old, worked for bout 2 weeks, now dead again. Take gas like a 4X4 but all around good car.
    Visitor, Clayton, NC, July 22, 2010 15:38
    The engine and drivetrain work great, until electronics mess up. But I don't blame the engine for that. That is why I gave the electrical a poor rating.
    Visitor, Pinckney, MI, July 02, 2010 17:43
    This is definetley an expensive car to keep going. I like it, but it's a love/hate relationship. 3rd owner? It was my husbands' until he got his towncar. 165000-engine runs like a top. Currently sitting in the driveway sounding like the exhaust is >-
    Visitor, Lexington, KY, June 29, 2010 02:53
    Outstanding car. Have had devilles since 1969 have replaced 3 water pumps on the 69 sold it last year w/ 697000 mi -- not bad! Had to replace window motor (first one ever in any of my 8 caddys). I run the hell out of them and service maticiously -- that's the key. What is there to say. Afriend of mine traded for a Lexus -- he can't wait to get into his new DTS! I can't believe that I am the only one who gets the good ones. By the way, my neice just got her honda accord out of the shop for leaks (rain) : this is the 6th time!! This car is 4 yrs old and rust everywhere. I think I'll stick with GM if they survive. I think the Japenese do most of their engineering the same way as the germans -- in their marketing department!
    Visitor, Carmichael, CA, June 19, 2010 05:58
    Original owner: Dealer replaced tranny and computer when new. Car bottoms out on many speed bumps and driveways. Crankcase has leaked oil since 30k miles. Replaced radiator, water pump, surge tank, air pump for rear suspension, alternator . Head gasket still ok at 100k miles. Somewhat high maintenance.
    Visitor, Redford, MI, June 14, 2010 09:13
    1st owner for my 2001 DHS and after 9 years of great service I now have all of these problems. Like I have read I'm burning Oil 2qt per 1000 miles, My SES light in on and offer every 150 miles. My car will acclorate at times ups to speeds of 60 miles per hour if I don't apply the brake. Car stalls to low idle in winter - not able to Idle above 500 rpm. I have to drive with two feet to kee the car from stalling. My left rear stop working in 2007, rear seat warmed in 2008. Just this week I can't get my blower to come on for HVAC. The rear blower still works but only blows hot air.
    Visitor, Fayetteville, AR, June 06, 2010 19:30
    Great travel car if you can afford the repairs. I have owned my 2002 for 2 years now and have replaced: EGR valve, idler motor, water pump and pulley system, air housing box, coolant reservoir tank and sensor, coolant hosing, radiator, and now the head gaskets leak. This car is a mess with repairs and not worth the many thousands for repair work. Not to mention, most of the mechanics where I am refuse to work on the northstar engine.
    Visitor, Corydon, IN, June 01, 2010 10:50
    I have had this car now for 3 years and its amazing I have had to replace the cadilac converter, tune-up, and brakes I have put around 120k miles on it in the three years its now @ 260k miles and runs amazing!!!!!! FOR ANYONE EALSE THAT HAS THIS SMAE CAR I WILL GIVE U SOME ADVICE TO MAKE IT RUN BETTER!!!!!!!! 1ST IT SAYS PREIUM GAS THAT 93 OCTANE USE IT U WILL NOTICE A BIG DIFFRENCE AFTER ABOUT 6 FILLUPS WHEN U FILL IT UP USE LUCUIS FUEL INJECTOR CLEANER IT HELPS WITH GAS MILLAGE AND HELPS THE CAR RUN BETTER!!! 2ND CHANGE THE CADLIAC CONVERTER TO A SMALLER ONE!!! BETTER GAS SONDS BETTER!!! I have have had this car for awhile adn with the milage is on it it runs like a champ AND I DRIVE FAST!!! IM 25!!!! my average gas millage is 20- 22.8 miles for long distance driving across the country it gets about 30-34 miles/gallon remember curse control is ur friend!!
    Visitor, Holyoke, MA, May 28, 2010 08:39
    I purchased the car w/ 38,000 miles 2 years ago and I have 50,000 miles now. I was informed I need major transmission work. The car is in like new condition. I can't believe I have to spend that kind of $$ on a car w/ 50,000 miles. This is my 2nd Cadillac and most likely my last.
    Visitor, Sevierville, TN, May 21, 2010 11:24
    I have had the car for 6 months and have driven it 12,000 miles. Love the car but did have to replace the altenator and batterie. I think the car sat for a long time because it only had 60,000 miles on it. I did purchase a two year warrenty which covered the altenator. I will need brake pads soon.
    Visitor, Sutersville, PA, April 23, 2010 05:27
    love this car however repeatedly replacing brakes, both front and rear, bought new, and at 82,000 miles had replaced rotors "6" times and pads "8" times (not exaggerating) headed towards the 9th set of pads. Dealer states normal wear and issue, My Lexus was fantastic on brakes, and wonderful resale value, which I know I will not have on this Caddy, but oh well wanted another Caddy, nothing like Caddys used to be and were, will most likely go back to foreign (Acura or Lexus) mainly for fantastic resale value and again up keep alot cheaper.
    Visitor, Berlin, NJ, April 07, 2010 15:07
    Bought used with about 40K on it. My 4th Cadillac. Now at 123 K. Always had front-end bottoming out easily with deep dips in roadway intersections and learned to drive it accordingly. Still own and like it. Still looks and drives like new with few repairs needed over the years. One of the better cars I've owned for sure.
  • 1992 Cadillac DeVille
    Visitor, Petaluma, CA, March 31, 2010 21:14
    awesome car with upkeep. rides smooth. gas hog unfortunately.
    Impliable, Philadelphia, PA, March 30, 2010 15:26
    Bought Her in 2006, have had some issues but overall I've it 's a great car. Have invested 4k so far, it's surely a worth while investment. When I do get another car, it will certainly be a Caddy.
    Lumpy, Haysville, KS, March 07, 2010 20:47
    I bought this car new and what a headache.GM had the pan off 5 times for oil leak and replaced engine with rebuilt GM engine . All it has done is use oil big time.Brake module went out $900.00 Door window regulator/water pump motor mount radiator fuel pump just to name a few. Iloved the car but no one in thier right mind would put up with this. NO MORE GM and their over rated JUNK.
    tga3644, San Antonio, TX, March 04, 2010 09:52
    brought vehicle in febuary of 2009 and have one year with it already and pretty good so far.and it was used had 110000 miles on it.no prblems
    heaterguy, Hammond, IN, February 22, 2010 18:55
    Great looking car, but must take great care. I have a 91 coupe deville and the door rests are cracked the ceiling is falling the drivers seat is ripped. The brake redusers need replaced, as well as the gas line to the tank. I still love my car, we have been threw alot of changes.
    fperry9768, Willingboro, NJ, January 18, 2010 20:32
    Purchased in 2004 with 46k miles. Tranny went first, then a head gasket at 67k miles! Now has 138k miles after much maintenance! Premium fuel onnly, many repairs performed. Should have bought that Lincoln Towncar! Resale or trade-in value? What's that? !
    BillnSitka, Sitka, AK, December 05, 2009 10:54
    Had numerous problems with my Deville. 3 fuel injectors replaced twice now, remote entry control module died 4 yrs. ago, active struts quit 10 yrs. ago, front sterio speakers went bad several yrs. ago, replaced power trunk pulldown motor and all attachments 3 tiimes, replaced power antenna/motor, body shop cannot find trunk leak, pass.rear window motor? died 2 months ago, engine pings when warm and driving up hills. ect. Bought 1994 Deville chrome wheels 3 yrs. ago. Since then tires wouldn't hold air for long. Had adhesive put inside of tires to adhere beading. Worked except for one tire.Could keep listing problems but not enough room. All in all, I still love my Deville even though my '91 Towncar never once gave me any problems.
    seggo3, Titusville, FL, November 09, 2009 07:18
    Overall the car is average. All four window regulators failed in the last two years. All the same way, the wire plug pulled out of the 25 cent plastic part. I fixed the last one for $65 by ordering regulator without motor from Rockauto. The dash has warped so edges are not retained at the left and right edges. This is the 7th caddy I have owned ( the best one was the 1979 deVille.) Everything else is still working on the 2000 and the car is a very good driver. I rated it average as to what I expect from a car. I would buy it again.
    jacktw73, Panama City, FL, August 26, 2009 22:53
    All good except the head gasket is leaking into the cylinder, Have to run the car a little above idle for about 30 seconds for the engine to smooth out. I've tried all sealants but when I hit passing gear at high speed it blows the sealant out and we're back to square one. Like the leak is in the exhaust side?
    96 Deville, Richmond, VA, August 01, 2009 17:59
    A wonderfully handling car with excellent performance, however my experience proved the 98 deville a lemon. With over 10K invested to date including a re manufactured engine we still have been unable to keep it on the road. Other problems include over 2K in HVAC and cooling system repairs. Do not go the recommended service interval on Dexcool, I recommend changing earlier. This car has had the stalling problem that was well described in these cars. The engine was replaced after blowing a gasket and I figured getting a new engine would keep it on the road. I figured wrong. Possibly the best handling car I've ever driven, including Benzes, but it has spent as much time in the shop as on the road.
  • 1996 Cadillac DeVille
    96 Deville, Richmond, VA, August 01, 2009 17:30
    This car is hard to beat in terms of head/legroom. The engine is incredibly powerful, made even more so by a Flowmaster exhaust. Unfortunately, the car had had it's share of issues. A great car if you can keep it out of the shop, and it is really hit or miss. A transmission failure occurred, costing 3K. The engine oil gasket leakage happened at 50,000, and would have cost 2K but the dealership picked it up gratis. An EGR valve cost 350. The suspension now is shot, but that can be expected at this car's 130+K mileage. AC also had to be replaced and cost nearly a grand. Brake pads have only been replaced once and this car stops like a sports car. The body is relatively free of rattles, with the only problem being the cheap leather dye cracking and peeling on the armrest, steering wheel and seats. The car has seen a few electrical gremlins and also needed a water pump replaced. The radiator and belts have both cracked, resulting in overheating till fixed. After having this car for over 80K+ miles total repairs, not including regular service have ran over 8K. With the exhaust and a K&N filter I have actually gotten over 30+ mpg highway on Michelin touring tires. With all the complaints, I still would rather be in my car than most new cars on the road- they are too small for me, don't get much better gas mileage. 0-60 in 6.1 seconds. Big, fast, handles better than expected, great for long trips. Great when not in the garage. Like a C&D article said, GM cars bad longer than most cars run at all. I have gotten over 600 highway miles @ 70 on a 19 gallon tank- before the days of E10.
    Elite95Deville, Melvindale, MI, July 19, 2009 10:09
    I just love this car, it is just as fast as my buddys Mustang GT but just floats down the road one of the best cars I have owned.
    Danis_man1987, Louisville, KY, July 07, 2009 15:02
    Its been a good car, but recently replaced 3 power steering pumps before i found out its the rack and pinion, and there she sits. Everything is so hard to get to, changing plugs are rediculous some stuff aint too bad but i do all my own work. Trying to prepare my body and mind to replace the pinion... Uuugh!
    aejones357, Riverview, FL, May 31, 2009 11:03
    This is one of the best cars every built. The Northstar engine can withstand a tank blast. The comfortability is unmatched and the elegance is timeless. The only issue I have is with the air conditioning system. Little complicated but I think it could be crafted a bit better. Blower motor or relays and leaking. Otherwise a great car.
    lesjos, Tucson, AZ, May 24, 2009 14:15
    97,000 miles AT 40,000 under warranty. trans pulled 2 times, ok since. nothing major since. pulled 3 window motor regulators and repaired myself. best auto i have driven and most at long distances. My travel car.. will drive it another 30,000+ miles or 4 or 5 years or longer if it keeps going the way it is. very very comfy on long trips 700 to 800 miles a day with out being tired
    tazzdan, Green Valley, AZ, May 14, 2009 22:20
    I have over 95,000 miles on my 2004 Deville. During the period of time I have owned this car, I have had to have the head gaskets replaced due to oil leakage. I have had the transmission rebuilt twice, the torque converter repaired, the ABS wheel sensors replaced, the front brake rotors replaced, two driver side window regulators replaced, one passenger side window regulator replaced, the seal to the gas tank replaced to resolve a check engine light that kept coming on, the heater/air conditioning fan motor replaced, a speed shift sensor in the transmission replaced, wiper motor replaced and switch replaced and several other repairs. In total this car has had well over $10,000 in repairs done to it under warranty. My warrantly just expired 3 days ago and now the passenger side window regulator gave out today. The Michelin tires that came on the car, had to be replaced with only 24,000 miles on them. Yhe only thing that is still going strong is the rear brake pads, which are original to the car. Would I buy an other Cadillac? I suppose, as you cannot beat the ride nor how the car rides on the open road for long distances. The only suggestion for anyone considering one of the cars, is to take out the maximum warranty you can to take care of all the repairs you will experience.
    biggin, Clinton Township, MI, January 28, 2009 11:43
    Let's see, where do I start. I agree with Russ, in that the Deville is a great car to drive as long as you can keep it out of the repair shop. However, with that being said this car will test you patience and wear out your pocket book. For being GM's elite luxury car line there are too many quality issues and the parts used in this vehicle are subpar at best for this type of car. GM also refuses to acknowledge these issues by turning a deaf ear. If you don't believe me read the nuerous cadillac forums pertaining to window regulators, vibration issues, warped rotors, parking brakes etc. During the warranty period this car was in the dealer numerous times for vibration and electical issues. The cause ended up being warpped rotors and improper tire balance which they fixed. The electical issues they kind of fixed however i can not use the front auxillary outlet to charge my phone or run my GPS because my fuse will blow. So, I'm left with having to plug into the outlets that are in the rear doors. between 36,000 and 40,000 miles I had to replace the crappy michelin tires that came with the car despite rotating them at every oil change. In addition all of the window regulators failed and had to be replaced. The plastic clips that hold up the slide mechanism are too cheap and weak for the weight of the glass. This really irritated me because the only windows that were ever used were the fronts. The rear windows were never rolled down. The kicker is that even though the motor is still good, you have to buy a whole new assembly which cost $450 from the dealer because the motor is riveted instead of bolted to the regulator. Thank God for Ebay. To boot the driver side regulator busted on one of the coldest nights of the year. I was an hour away from home driving on the freeway and the window slammed down so hard inside the door that it shattered. Needless to say I was furious. At around the 45,000 mile mark the air-bags for the self leveling system went bad and had to be replaced. At the 50,000 mile mark 1/2 of the L.E.D.'s on the driveside mirror for the turnsignal went out so that had to be replaced. Also, the front bearings needed to be replaced. Near the 55,000 mile mark the the front axle bushings were replaced due to severe tranny fluid leakage. Shortly after that my parking brake locked up without ever being engaged. I also started to pick up a vibration in the front end again. Lo and behold, warped rotors and a blown caliper. No that the 70,000 mile mark is soon approaching I can only imagine what will go next. Tranny maybe? The thing that really gets me is that I park this car in the garage, dont drive it hard, baby it and maintain it religously and still this car falls apart. Nice looking car Horrible quality. NO More Cadillacs for me. I've had Lincoln's and Crown Vic's and never came close to having these kind of issues. The only reason i went with a caddy was becasue I wwanted a good luxury car that was front wheel drive to give me better handling in the snow. IMOP If you want a quality luxury vehicle buy a Ford product.
    Russ, Oakland, CA, October 03, 2008 13:51
    The Deville is a great car when it runs! Problem areas center around overheating, oil leaks, and ignition system faults. Overheating can be a real issue leading to blown headgaskets. Many of my friends have traded their Devilles in whe the problems get out of hand.