Cadillac DeVille Reviews

Cadillac DeVille Reviews and Owner Comments

gas mi. 22 i,ve spent alot of money on up keep 176000 mi on it it runs great only had the car a month.
I absolutely love my 91 Deville, 2 door. Most comfortable smooth ride I've ever owned. Body is immaculate, and when she's polished she's a beautiful sight goin down the highway. Headliner needs replacing, and need to replace window motors on both sides. I'm never getting rid of it, if it breaks, I'll fix it! Stereo original hasn't worked since I bought it, having new system installed next week, radio and speakers. My dream machine! No doubt.
I had this car since new. Common problems be brakes and replaced 3rd solenoid. The Deville runs like a champ purchased it in 2003 brand new of Feb '03 still have all records. Got DHS model look super fantastic just love my Caddy enjoying many more years of life with it.
I have for this car 5 years the car had 5500 miles on it when I first bought it. A little grandma owned this vehicle. The car sat for a long time, never was used that often. I paid $12,000 For this car, the car was like brand-new. she paid $46,000 dollars for it new. The only thing I put into it was a new battery. The battery in the car at the time was five years old, did not want to take a chance. So I changed it. And later on in time I had to put an air blower for the catalytic converter under the drivers Side front bumper. Not expensive at all. The interior still had the new car smell. Which surprised the heck out of me being that the car was five years old at the time. Everything and I mean everything on the car was original. now came the problems, the engine had 39,000 miles on it. After I had the oil changed started to leak, it was six months and 1500 miles after the oil change that I noticed the passenger side front of the engine started to leak oil. Maybe it's the filter or the oil pan plug gasket. I don't know, but I will find out tomorrow because I'm going to get under the car to find out exactly where it's coming from. Also I had replaced all the brakes and the rotors at 40,000 miles. I think it's too soon, I think I should have gotten more miles out of the brakes.The brakes were original equipment when the car was manufactured. Now the passenger-side rear airshock is leaking like crazy to my surprise I never had An air shock like this go so soon with only 40,000 miles on it I am replacing both tomorrow. I can't complain about what I have to do now. I got the car at a fantastic price. The car was like new and for what I paid I cannot complain what I am complaining about is the oil leak that started, the engine is still like brand new, the rear airshock is leaking like crazy and the brakes went to soon and what I mean went to soon, metal to metal there was no indication on the dashboard to tell me this. I had to find out from listening and the feel of the car.
My 2004 caddy deville now has 225,000 miles on it. Being a mechanic for 34 years I know this engine. There are alot of pattern failures on this vehicle each one replaced. Head gaskets , Transmission 741 code ( Solenoid ) etc etc. I fix my own cars and immaculately take care of them. This car with the repairs and failures was a challenge. Don't listen to the manufacturer. Change the Oil and the Filter every 2500 to 3000 miles , drain and flush the radiator fluid , changing the hoses and dexcool. If you do a brake job blow out the Fluid and put new fluid in the system after 100,000. Do your transmission fluid changes every 50000 miles. This car has to be kept cool and lubed. Good Idea to put a good lube treatment in the fuel tank, such as Lucas Fuel conditioner. The fuel today is a very dry fuel because of the lack of lead and the additives such as ethanol.They don't have it precisely correct, it wouldn't be a bad Idea to add this conditioner to the fuel and once every fill up. It will be worth it. It adds Lubricity to the system, great for the injectors and the fuel pump which has an internal jet pump etc. All this needs to be done because it is an 8 cylinder aluminum engine. Fluids are dry, fuel etc. Think of any car as a big friction machine. lube the shit out of everything and you wont have a problem. But there are generic pattern failures with this car that shouldn't happen to a 48,000 to 50,000 dollar car new. It doesn't matter how well you maintain it. It is a heavy car and the light aluminum parts will go sooner than later. Always use a good replacement part,many have upgrades after pattern failures were reported. Use A/c Delco , Denso, Timkin, GM , or Moog Hub bearings Moog Front end parts etc. Always try to get original GM parts but Moog and Denso Standard have upgrades and excellent quality control sometimes better than GM. Enjoy
bs, I got 32 mpg at steady 60mph on freeway stretch whils't checking gas/miles, car had 66k and was running real smooth...................al_gy
I had this car since late 2000. The Town cars and Grand Marquises are discontinued along with Deville. It did need few repairs engine idle rough checked under hood since have a encyclopedia mechanic book so saw one of the coils misfire plus got 3 struts replaced and oil pump but idling came from EGR valve cover solved problem. Deville runs smoothly now since I fixed couple of things very comfortable the Northstar engine is quiet like brand new. Overall it is a nice car very well trustworthy driving I have 180,000 miles never took in shop but for a recall love exterior paint Silver plus got tinted windows. Caddy handles weather conditions so well no problems starts up first turn key this car has never broke down I really appreciate it being a solid car for a Cadillac nice equipped no other work needed but I am thinking might need to replaced manifold intake gasket to me looks plastic but will solve that problem shortly air conditioning needed few work done like one of the vents wasn't blowing air and replaced compressor help solve the problem. It might burn just a drop of oil but not be expensive one thing put money be brakes doesn't last long at all on this car got shoes, calipers, rotors and pads all fixed at same time now they are squeaking again nothing major on car just common problem on these Cadillac's so all original on a 14 yr old car think still looks gorgeous being a 2000 model car.
Purchased quite used in December of 2013. This Fleetwood had 84,000 miles after twenty years! The ride cannot be beat. The mileage is excellent (24MPG) and the power (160 HP) is phenominal. I said many years ago that I'd not ever drive an ugly car. This is the car of my dreams. When something on it needs attention, I don't mind putting the money into's worth it!
My Wife loves Cadillacs so I bought her a Gorgeous (so I thought) 2001 Deville with 69000 miles on it. We didn't have it 2 days when it started leaking transmission fluid and a little oil. Took it to my buddies (so I thought ) transmission shop. He had it 2 weeks and presented me with a $2578.00 Repair Bill. Basically, he rebuilt 1/2 the Transmission and found a cracked oil pan. I'm 65 and this is the biggest car repair bill I have ever had in my life. So, now I call the Car my 14 year old $6600 Caddy. We'll see what happens next ( I can't wait) but I'm already kicking myself in the butt for buying this Car.I'm sure glad I didn't pay $50K for it new. GM should be ashamed of themselves for building and selling these Nightmares. I have an old Yukon I was going to sell but now I'm keeping as a backup for when this Caddy breaks down next. Just got it out of the shop 2 days ago and now a Check Engine Light.Just Great !!
I bought my 1998 Cadillac in 2005, the only thing wrong is the horn went off sometimes during the night without notice, First time police came , second time it happened, they disconnected for me, I have 73.003 miles, getting between 21 & 23 mpg using medium gas, I drove Lincoln's for years and came back to Cadillac for their performance and elegance
burns oil top off every week service engine soon light on solenoid 2x's not going 1 more time over all its a caddy
2001 Deville with Northstar engine,orignal owner. My care runs good until I take the car to the dealership. It doesn't matter what problem the car is having. After pickup another problem is created. Just spend $3000 on brakes replacement, air condition, power steering problem. The original trouble was power steering fluid on driveway. They replaced a 3 ft long metal tube with a filter in the middle. Next day, my air conditioner was blowing hot air. They found a torn hoses. Hose replacement and oil change. Next day after pickup, after driving 20 miles. I heard an audible alarm, display "idle engine" and car temperature was going up. Turn engine off immediately and had car towed to dealership. Waiting from dealership. I love the comfortable of my 2001 Cadillac Deville. Ready to move on to a foreign car. This car has cost an arm and leg in repair bills. Ready to report Dealer ship to BBA and DA.
I purchased my caddy 5 years ago with over 100000 miles on it. I now have 160000.I love the ride, and living in Iowa it gets cold in the winter and it has never failed to start. I love this car in spite of a couple of issues. I have two major complaints; window regulators for one. I have replaced the drivers side front twice, and the rear passenger once. The rear decided to go bad driving down the highway, no one ever sits in my back seat so it wasn't due to use. Now they are bad again.I just located an online parts site where I can purchase four new regulators cheaper than the price of one from a parts yard used. Eagerly waiting for them to arrive. Lucky my hubby was a mechanic before retirement. FREE LABOR! My biggest complaint of all is the rims. I can't seem to keep air in them the leak all the time. Twice it was from cracks in the rims. Costly repalcement. They have not been curbed or driven flat or on rough roads yet they fail. Every two to three months I have to have the tires removed and the corrision cleaned from the rims and a heavy tire glue applied and then the tire replaced. That is good for a couple of months before it has to be repeated. Very costly and annoying when you have to get another ride to work. I feel GM needs to find another wheel manufacturer or a better design. THEY SHOULD BE RECALLED!!!!!!! My big fear is that one will fail when I am on the road and cause an accident. So far it has been a crack and I was in town when I noticed it, a break at highway speeds could kill someone. I think the need to be recalled now before someone is seriously injured if they haven't been already. By the way if you haven't recieved your recall letter yet this model has a recall on the ignition. Remove your key ring and ONLY use the key when operating this model. The extra weight can cause the ignition to shut off and has caused accidents. I got my letter about a week ago so it is not hear-say.
torque control solenoid is a joke replaced three times more to come too damn pissed off right now
car runs good but have problem with oil leak blowing oil and suspension not stable
I have a 2003 Deville DHS that I absolutely love!!!!
I purchased a 2004 Cadillac DeVille. I will admit that the previous owner maintained this car according to the scheduled maintenance plan. It had all the records from the Cadillac dealer when I purchased it. The previous owner had it for 9 years. It was driven just over 14,500 miles per year. The car is like new. I just love it and the only complaint I would have is that the rotors heat up and warped so I am having a higher grade rotor put on. Great Car if maintained well. My gas mileage has been better than I hoped average of 21.5 in town. I don't know why others seem to complain you get what you buy. If you buy a used car check the records and know what you have purchased. It truly matters. I love my Cadillac DeVille.
my power sterring and power brakes stop is there a relay are something
Its a great car mechanically. But is has too many sensors and monitors that with time are going to malfunction. I have a 2004 cadillac deville. 190,000 miles. Im having trouble with old wiring and areas being monitored that still work but are old . Setting off codes like crazy and difficult to clear. I still get 19 miles city and 24 miles highway. Mechanically it rides now changing a tps sensor connector. Im getting a code telling me insufficient voltage. Its off by .5volts and im going nuts with this .5 voltage problem. This is age not a problem with the cars running well.So its a pain in the arse so to speak later on. I didnt like changing the head gaskets with 50,000 miles on it. Very expensive etc.Electric switches on steering wheel lighted burn out, still work but they dont light. little bs things that shouldnt happen with this car.Not for the money u spend. If you still keep this car change the oil and filter every 3000 miles. let it drain well. it will run forever.
I have only 77000 miles on my 2001 Deville, currently having multiple problems with power steering, rack and pinion, hoses and pumps, have installed 4 pumps, with another one due to be installed with a separate cooler, on return line. Have had multiple problemns ever since I purchased it new in 2000. Had to replace both head gaskets at 60000 miles, plus it uses 4 quarts of oil between changes ever since new! I could list many opages for the problems that have occurred through the years! Had to replace roof at 55000 mioles because of rusted hole in it!
THE CAR IS DieD OVER NIGHT one THE CLOCK light STAYS ON WHEN I TURN OFF THE IGNITION. IT HAS THE WRONG BATTERY IN IT. THE CLOCK SET FOR THE HOUR DOES NOT WORK. IS THAT WHAT DRAINS THE BATTERY? Other than that it runs very good. One time owner I have not registered the car yet I would be the second owner to it!!! after today it may have an extra 100 miles added.
ILL FIX WHAT EVER I FREAKING LOVE THIS CAR plus every car will break down or another if it is not maintained or tuned. Ppl take good care of ur cars and they will take care of u
thanks for accepting my question, recently a penny fell into my cigarette lighter, I think it must have blown a fuse, where can I find the proper fuse? I do not smoke, but I need it for gps. thank you for your attentionb
a penny fell into the cig. lighter, I suspect a fuse, where can I find it.
It is unfortunate that this car which my wife loves is such an maintenance nite-mare! Purchased in 2005 with 28K miles, now 8 years later and 107k miles, I have spent $12,200 in repairs, maintenance and tires. Do not purchase a 2000 - 2006 Deville as they are all ranked below average in reliability by Consumer Reports. Without a doubt the worst car decision I have ever made. The upside with this car is the great highway comfort, roomy back seat and the huge trunk that will carry all your stuff to Fl every year.
I just bought my Deville 2002 so far so good all these BAD reviews are worrying me, i had owned a 1997 and fan went out and blew head gasket with in a month of buying it used in 2012 soooooo I'm trying it again with this 2002 Deville. will update if any problems occure
Transmission problems are common and very expensive to fix. The price of a transmission replacement just about totals the car. AC system and PS pump have had to be replaced. No oil leaks, no engine failure thus far at 93k miles. Center console/body trim has several weak spots, specifically the center console is broken. Brakes get this big car to stop very well.
My 95 Cadillac Deville drives fairly well. Smooth on the road, luxurious and spacey interior and it just drives as steady as can be. I purchased this vehicle with a little over 60,000 miles on the odo, but it looks and feels like a brand new car. I am glad to have finally been able to afford one of these pure luxurious cars. I don't think I could ever buy anything else - I am now a happy Cadillac enthusiast. :) My car does have the older 4.9l engine, with the real Cadillac name under the hood. If you speak about this engine you would refer to it as a 'Cadillac' engine. Probably the last engine purely made by GM's Cadillac division. Tips on keeping away problems: 1) Always maintain your Cadillac; especially oil changes and other routine maintenance work. This would certainly save headaches later on. These older Cadillacs are very easy to maintain and do your own oil and filter changes. 2) Use the recommended 91 octane gas! This is required on 4.9l engines and later Northstar engines. Using a lower grade gas will shorten your engine's life and may cause severe engine damage in a very short period of time.
My 1997 Cadillac Deville has 224,000 miles on it and still running stronge, this is my fourth cadillac a 1968 Devill Convertible a 1970 Deville Convertible and 1977 Coupe Deville and I will buy another cadillac, yes they cost more than a Chevy to repair but it's a "Cadillac" and I do most of the repairs on it myself.