Ford Reviews

Ford Reviews and Owner Comments

I purchased my F150 Supercrew XLT 5.4,with tow package new on Easter Sunday 2004, it has been a good truck,used extensively for towing a toy hauler fully loaded to the desert for years,used for projects around the house ,hauling heavy loads of landscape/building materials,etc! I have not abused the truck,but I have put it to the test as it was built to do and it has not let me down. I have always done the scheduled maintenance as required by Ford, I have grown up with Ford trucks and I am on my 4th Ford truck, first F150,however,I am disappointed in the Ford Motor Company with the "spark plug" issue that has plagued so many unsuspecting consumers. I had not experienced the hardship that so many have had to deal with until I changed my spark plugs at the 100,000 mile mark, while removing the spark plugs, 2 of the 8 came out with no problem, the other 2 had a portion of the spark plug lodged in the cylinder. I rented a spark plug extractor tool from Autozone, followed the instructions and successfully removed the the remaining piece(s) of spark plug,from what I have read, I was one of the lucky few to have only had the expense of the parts and a full Saturday to get this problem handled, again,I feel for the folks that have lost wages, time with family and everyday activities while their F150 is sitting in a shop/driveway/roadside at the mercy of the Ford Motor Company. Like most of us common folks, I can't afford to just go and buy another vehicle and take on another long term note....Ford,please restore the trust of your loyal customers and make things right!!! Lucky one.
Overall the car is great. I'm less than pleased with the Flexfuel mapping. My 2012 ran extremely well and was not a flexfuel. 2014 engine reminds me of my '84' Wellcraft with the old Chevy "Iron Duke" 4 cylinder engine. I will most likely get a new one (2016?) when SYNC 3 is the tech.
I love my Eddie Bauer ! I've had it for 10 years and it's had a few repairs but I am willing to pay what for any repair it may need. It's been so reliable and easy to drive in bad weather. We love taking it on the back roads using 4wheel drive. I recommend that anyone who owns in to keep it instead of buying something new. It's worth it!
This is my 3rd Ranger XLT and my 1st with 4wd - extended cab with rear doors Have had very good experiences with all three vehicles (1988, 2001previously). The only problem I've had with this truck is the transfer case shift control motor quit working a couple of years back. Tech stated I would have to cycle the switch on a regular basis or the motor stops working through disuse. He rebuilt it for $50 - no other problems other than rust in the bed. Still has its original battery and tires. Will have ALL fluids changed this spring as its been in service since March, 2006. Currently has 32k miles. Has most factory options and many dealer installed options. Was (and still is) the highest stickered Ranger I've viewed at a dealer. Use E0 87 octane fuel.
An interesting car. Car still has its original tires and the original battery and wiper blades were changed out in 2013. I bought this auto trans car from the original owner back in 2011 with 6k original miles. It was kept in a garage, covered, still smelled and looked new but it kept killing the battery. I bought it for a song after totaling my 1998 GT but that's another story. Did some research on the electrical problem and found it was common with the early models of this generation. Solution? 1. Always turn the radio off before turning the key off. 2. ALWAYS connect the battery cables (and jumper cables) positive first and negative last. Always disconnect in the correct reverse order. Why? Parasitic power loss will be around 100mA vs. 30mA. Next problem was the speedo quit working - found that gauge failure was a common problem with these cars. Solution? Pulled the pod myself and shipped it off to a speedo shop that specialized in rebuilding these assemblies - very fair price with a lifetime warranty. Next problem was the leatherette door panels delaminated and flopped over on the armrests. Common problem. Solution? Had them recovered with the same material by a local auto upholstery shop - reasonable price and lifetime warranty. Rear window defroster stopped working recently. Light comes on but no sound from the relay and no window heating - checking into this at the moment. No other issues and thoroughly enjoy driving and owning this car. Next problem was the fuel fill issue that also manifested during 2013. Would only fill half way - another common problem. Found out this car already had the replacement fuel tank. I did several slow fills with the nozzle handle at the 2 o'clock position - problem corrected itself. Had ALL of the fluids changed out last year on its 10th anniversary of first going into service in May of 2005. Use E0 Shell Supreme fuel (has Superchips premium fuel tune with K&N cold air kit). Most factory options and many dealer installed options on this car. This car is the spiritual successor to the 1998 GT I bought new and totaled in 2011.
Buy any other car and you'll probably get something better! Recently traded my 2013 Focus for a Toyota after the Focus (at only 39,000 miles) decided it would occasionally stall and not restart. Two Ford dealers couldn't fix the problem, let alone figure out what was wrong. Besides that, the car suffered from rattles, noises in the front end, trim and molding coming loose. I thought I would avoid the transmission issues and opted for the 5 speed manual but I still had problems with the clutch "shuddering" similar to the way the PowerShift transmission acts (I've rented quite a few of these too). Bottom line - this is a junk car. It may be mildly fun for the first 10,000 miles, but don't expect much after that. Ford has lost a customer for life with me.
1997 F-250 7.3 may be the best truck ford has ever produced
This car the most unreliable piece of junk I've ever been unfortunate enough to own! It should/will be recalled. Some gremlin in the wiring or computer system randomly causes errors frequently; dash light warnings come on when nothing is wrong, doors will not open or close at times, loses power while driving, abs engages when not needed. Several mechanics can find nothing wrong with it. ..motor and trany lights constantly light up but check out fine...this usually precedes a plethora of other malfunctions including power loss while driving (dangerous and scary) and lights going out (both dash and headlights) SUPER SCARY! The Internet is full of thousands of similar complaints from owners of this car with no advice on how to fix it. The freestyle is a lemon DON'T buy one!
Nowadays cars are usually equipped with a chip that prevents it from "auto-locking" if the keys are in the vehicle. But this happened last night and the owners manual containing the default manufacture's unlock code, is in the glove box! Called a locksmith and they couldn't even get in it. Now my only option is to pay to have it towed to the dealer where they'll hook it up to expensive machines to unlock it but all of it being an "out of pocket expense!" FORD.... (Found On Road Dead).
The Fox Body Mustang is a small car that could be had with a big engine in its day. It remains a popular enthusiast's car today given the large number of aftermarket and performance parts that are available for Fox Mustangs. There was a big difference in the "seat-of-the-pants" acceleration between the automatic overdrive and the T-5 transmission models. The T-5 offering a lot more efficient delivery of engine power to the rear wheels. The biggest drawback of the Fox Mustang was a weak unibody that flexed way too much and plagued the car with squeaks and rattles due to its stiff suspension. The front seat frames were poorly constructed by Ford with most becoming broken over the years. The powertrains in the Fox Mustangs were fairly durable taking plenty of abuse from spirited drivers. Unmodified cars are hard to find today, with most not being worth the time or effort to restore.
I have owned my Bronco for ten years,I am a woman. So ,I did get my oil changes regularly and have had to do the usual repairs , you know when something small goes, or brakes ,some front end work.I love this Truck it has always been reliable and I don't care about the mileage because of the safety part and getting through the snow. I am 5 feet tall 64 years old and I have a stool for when ever I need to check anything. Yes it is funny to see but I am safe. I want another one,mine has over 300,000 miles and the only thing wrong with it is the body is rusting off of it. The non Ford people or men keep telling me I should not and I am having a hard time finding one but I hope to find one soon,before snow.
SO HAPPY WITH THIS CAR LOW MAINTENAINCE RUNS SO SMOOTH HAPPY WITH THE PRICE . GREAT . RECOMMEND TO ANYONE!!!!
Not just the 2010 but all F-150s are amazing only getting better. The 2010 is the best lookig running and braking truck in its class. The ideas and thoughts just in the inside ofbthe cab. Says it all than one the best drivetrains. Just an amazing truck.
So, picked up a 1997 Explorer Eddie Bauer with 187K on her for less than a grand. I've found that working on it has been a breeze. A couple hick ups here and there but to be expected with an older rig. What I've done so far: blend door valve actuator replacement, air flow sensor replacement, camshaft sensor replacement (full shaft), pulled the entire carpet laid it out in the driveway and used our home carpet cleaner (it looks brand new), had to re-solder the Omeron inside the EATC (A/C wouldn't work), re-solder the light out module board (passenger side head light out), replaced all interior and exterior lights (in dash, in consoles, inside everything, just because), buff/polished everything including the glass, did the brakes, did the plugs and lines, re-upholstered the seats and installed a 2DIN HD, GPS, DVD touchscreen. Total about another $500-$700 (parts only, I did all the work myself) It is CHERRY! Looks, drives, smells brand spankin new!
Good vehicle for a Ford. I am looking into a new transmission rebuilt as the one got is original. My Explorer is a good truck and has done me well at 205,000 miles.
I call my Taurus my 34,000 lemon, as i've had so many problems with it it's not funny. I should have known when I originally picked up the car and had to drive to the service department as the gas tank lid would not work. There is a rattle under the dash, and I've carried it to the dealership (Legacy Ford, Mc Donough) seven times to date and they still have not solved the problem. The speaker on the passenger front side vibrate intermittently, not fixed. There is a recall on the rear door handles and I reported it to them since April, just got one done last tuesday, they say they have been on back order. There was an airbag light on the dash since May, go it fixed on tuesday after 4 visits.I contacted the Regional Customer Service Manager for the region on 05May15 and did not here from her until about 2-3 weeks ago after several failed attempts to reach her. This car has been a big dissapointment, but more so Ford.
This truck is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I bought it new in 2007 and it has cost me thousands of dollars to keep it running. The list of defective parts goes on and on. Replaced the turbo $2500.00 at 34k miles, the EGR and oil cooler $4600.00 with a after market cooler because Ford installed a radiator finned type that clogs up and blows the engine. Aluminum head bolts with steel $3100.00 to keep from blowing the engine. Coolant reservoir cap $5.00 with Advance Auto one which has a stronger spring. The Ford one has a light spring that goes bad there by causing the engine to overheat and blow. Now the truck is leaning down 1-1/4 inch on the front driver side which requires the addition of a shim 3C4Z-5A300-AA Ford recommends. Price unknown at this writing.The list goes on and on.
bought my 2002 sport trac new with 7 miles on it. Still have it 13 years later with 279,000 miles on it. She still runs and rides great. I still enjoy my road trips in it today. I truly believe that if you complete the maintenance when it is due, your vehicle will last a good many years. Ford really messed up taking the sport trac off line in 2010.
I have a 2004 Taurus. Its a nice car in all but we bought it used obviously.it ran great for a week or two then all of a sudden, any time the rpm get lower the car will shut down.I have no clue what could be the problem.this car has already caused t racks dew to the shutting off suddenly.
Nice comfortable car, but expensive problems: 1. Car would shut down to fault mode on transmission at highway speeds. Speedometer would go to zero and digital readout would go off and car would gear down. Problem solved by replacement of two sensors in tranny at $1,100. 2. Brake pedal low and mushy after repeated attempts to bleed electronically and mechanically. Dealer diagnosed problem as anti-lock unit and estimated repair cost of $1,637. Both problems ridiculous on a car with under 90,000 miles. Ford offered no help.
I am over 70 years old and have had so many new trucks that I have lost count. My 2011 250 super duty diesel is the best truck I have ever owned. I pull a 36 foot 5th wheel and have never had a problem going up or down mountains in Colorado or New Mexico. I also get about 11 MPG towing and about 18 MPG not towing. I also replaced the fuel tank with a 50 gallon fuel tank which was one of the best things I have ever done to a truck that pulls a trailer.
Bot 2001 v6 automatic used at 50,000 miles and it had a factory tow package. original owner had it zebarted and took good care of it. I have 225,000 miles. Door handles had to be replaced. When i got it, I drained the transmission and put B&G transmission additive in it along with the correct Motocraft transmission fluid and also changed the transfer case fluids and the radiator fluid (use the green stuff) I need to change the struts. I bot a fuel pump in advance so I wouldn't get screwed at the dealership ( you can change the fuel pump yourself without droppine the tank, access is under rear seat) I use synthetic blend oil (10-40) because of the looseness of the engine.
I purchased this 2008 Ford Taurus Limited in 2008. It was purchased used and had approximately 20000 miles on the speedometer.I only had one small problem with the transmittion and Ford only did a small adjustment and it cured that.In 2015 I finally has all rotors and brakes replaced as I thought that they may have to be changed after trips to New Hampshire,Vermont and pennsylvainia a few times>I can onlysay that I congratulate Ford Motor company and its employees for such a fine auto that has cost me very little to maintain.Also Ford service manager told me that your rotors and brakes did not need to be changed! "REALLY"Gee the brakes lasted almost seven years.This car is definitely not for sale.
I never owned or drove something so worst as the Explorer its a piece of junk ever nor will never buy a Ford again. Had tons of problems with electrical system plus got three batteries all in one year can't believe that a truck only nine years old nothing but problems. Did have a 1992 Explorer lasted 350,000miles now my 2006 is terrible but too ashamed of trading or selling guess going to give up the ghost let it sit right in front of my home until a cement truck or drunk driver comes flying pass by will damaged it for good. The engine is costly in repairs...Tranny blew five times and all window motors have all mind of its own paid so much. The main repairs are very expensive like engine and trannies fixing in high bills one day it left me stranded the mechanic couldn't figure out what is the cause of these things happening to my Explorer. Put lots of faith into my truck because of last Ford I've owned now had nothing but problems after purchased my Explorer in 2007 with 0 miles gave me so much trouble. Spent lot on brakes changed pads/calipers now its another problem got take back into shop for tomorrow something is wrong with brake lines even the ABS indicator light flashing after this last repair will be taking off the tags and dropping insurance off it than look at another really good dependable vehicle until figure out what kind of make and model want to drive as my next new car purchased.
I bought the Taurus in 2000 with 50k miles.) doing that amount of time car was very reliable now here it is mid 2015 as I will say the Taurus is a wonderful car. Replaced air filters at (107K), had 1 alternator went at (85K,) and one of the bearings went (110K,). Car doesn't suffer any burning oil but I did get camshafts replaced in '11 and in early 2013 replaced original crankshaft. People gave the nickname of Ford (FOUND ON THE ROAD DEAD) thankfully my '95 Taurus has really been one of the best vehicles ever owned. Still comfortable car though body/interior are in good shape car isn't beautiful as buying something like a Toyota at least I'm on the '95 original tranny and engine get low maintenance as have regular oil changes 2400 miles not a single issue. Very happy that still driving this car at 285,000 miles as one of the reviewers '95 had 307K, hopefully mines tick at 500K, runs smooth. I can't part with my car dependable ever lasting on roads its all original this vehicle shows no signs of breaking down or retiring at higher mileage this car has on original odometer. Would recommend buying the Taurus as a cheaper affordable vehicle that will last with getting it well maintained doing regular oil changes and changing minor stuff as needed.
Best fun car I have ever had. I am original owner of my 2005 GT Mustang coupe looks like ten years ago purchased off the Ford dealers lot. Now a decade later driving my car 80,000 miles she still rides smooth being a tidy bow ever owned this car is very flawless. Did put in through the test driving to NY but never did disappoint me driving with stainless steel interior with a beautiful maroon color exterior. Has automatic and 6 cylinder the handles beautifully can't believe actually still driving my Mustang. For a sports car gets good fuel economy and with cost of maintenance this car is not bad at all running on Synthetic oil runs forever. I've had several mechanics telling me this car will last another 60,000 miles doing excellent job keeping up the low maintenance does have some hail damage some body parts otherwise car is a beast ever. Overall still having lots of fun driving my Mustang excellent performance replaced just the minor things as a normal vehicle needs after been driving a while. Wouldn't trade my Mustang for another or look getting new vehicle purchased because this car is running fine at now driving it 140,000 miles no mechanical issues out of nothing I would recommend getting this car absolutely love my Mustang best car ever purchased being first Ford product.
Good car and its good on gas. Bought the little Ford Focus used in 2011 with 43,000 miles now this car is most dependable ever never put repairs until getting new A/C condenser. Runs well no other problems with Focus no rust living in Ohio this car might be better than a Civic or Corolla of this effective year. I have automatic tranny shifts smooth no problems out jerking or hesitation gets 35 mpg. Just love my 2007 Ford Focus it was a Enterprise rental but shipped to a small local dealer for me in purchasing a low priced budget car. Steering can be lacking and did get 5th set of brakes changed at 118,000 miles might coming from car being driven as rental getting all brakes replaced but engine is better with lots of good performance for small four banger motor just love my little Ford best purchased I've made.
We purchased our Aerostar new '95 now put 400,000 miles running on original engine/tranny. I did get things replaced as fuel injectors, valves and 2 head gaskets but the Aerostar never once ran hot in the California heat. Absolutely appreciate how the van did us well its comfortable has everything working best even windows goes up/down and cruise control switch still works great. Original paint emerald green forest holding up well has the factory steel hubcaps that came manufactured with van its all best ever. We thinking of now purchasing a new vehicle since driven the Aerostar 400,000 miles but hate get rid of it because somebody might let the crane take it away for cash for clunkers. My wife wants to keep as second handed thinking hard of doing I love this van taking excellent family trips from CA TO NY and across country never once stopped on us mean we had it loaded with families and things on long distances trips its a beast ever owned. THANK YOU FORD!!! Why did you quit making vans?
I brought my 2005 ford explorer love it until at 50,000 had to buy tires, brakes, alternator, fix the auto seat on driver side and now I have that famous crack on the back of the hitch and sat 80,000 I just replaced the transmission. I brought 2 new vehicles from ford in 2005 and I don't think I will buy anything else from them. My 2005 F-150 truck has had a lot of parts replaced and repaired and it has about the same amount of miles on it. Ford you have lost a repeat customer. NEVER NEVER again Ford you SUCK
Currently have 185k miles on my 2WD,2.3L. 5 spd stick, standard cab Ford Ranger. Had 136 k on it in 2013 and drove from WA State to Deadhorse,AK (5 miles from the Arctic Ocean) and back. At Tok Junction ,AK drove onto the scales at 5180 GVW. Got 29.5 MPG from Fairbanks to Seattle ! Ford needs to start building these again.