Ford Reviews

Ford Reviews and Owner Comments

My 2006 Ford Explorer just clicked 200,000 miles. Only substantial repairs have been U-bolts and a water pump.
I bought a 2006 Ford Taurus in 2013 about 6 mths in I needed a catalyc converter; about a year after that I needed a starter; Currently my exhaust system is done!!!!! I was also told the suspension will need to be repaired on the front and back. I bought this car with 81,000 miles on it.
I bought my Ford 500 brand new in 2005. This has been the BEST car EVER - the ONLY time it has been in the shop was ONCE - for the a/c compressor. It now has almost 100,000 miles on it - it also has the AWD CVT transmission. I would highly recommend this car. The only brand of car I will drive is FORD- to me - they make the best cars and trucks on the road
I have a Taurus 2000 and it is a good driving car I received this from a relative after he had it for about 6 yrs after purchasing it brand new. He had to replace the engine for whatever reason paid by the factory. No problems there. It is a good driving car but now I wouldnt trust it with too much long distance driving. It needs some repairs its old. Rusting is a problem around the back wheels which I seen on many on the models and with the hard winter, rusting on the sides and underneath would cost a fortune to repair. Some how I hate to replace the car itself it has been wonderful reliable vehicle and could go more miles after 139,900. The problems i now face with repairing is electrical (door), rusting, possibly a wheel bearing (tire making a lot of loud noises, a new paint job on the body to remove hit and miss rust spots and to bring back that nice red color
I'm probably one of the FEW people left who have owned this truck since new...17 years now. I bought this truck at the beginning of the LARGE SUV heyday and gas was a $1.25 a gallon!! Overall, this truck has been SUPER reliable. It has a few design weaknesses, but no real surprises. The things it falls short on, were evident on day one; it guzzles gas and the early models are underpowered and only tow about 1/2 the tow rating well. I have 130,000 miles on it. Pretty low for it's age. I have only fixed and replaced little things. Brakes are a weak point because they were too small from the get-go; they warp disks before the pads wear out. Just replaced the starter after 16 years; it was getting tired. The 4 wheel drive system and powertrain have been pretty bullet proof. A/C system was undersized for this size vehicle, especially in hot/humid climates, but have not even recharged the system in 17 years. I've never had to replace the muffler or even a light bulb. General fit and finish and Ford's lousy paint job complaints are my biggest gripes and all came with the vehicle. If you can afford the gas, there are few vehicles out there with this much overall space and utility!
I bough4 my super used 2006. She now has 85,000 miles on her. I haven,t had any major problems yet other than an alternator. This truck has pulled out other vehicles from the mud/snow banks. (They weren,t Fords) I plan to keep her as this is the best year for the ps 7.3 engine. I have freinds with 350,000 and higher still going down the road. I average about 1,800 miles a year with her and during the winter I will put one ton of pellets in her once a month for 7 months. It,s about 10 miles from the store to home and she handles it all with no complaints. I would never put this much weight in the back on another make of truck. Don,t trust them.
Bought van in 2004. Problems beginning still love it but time let it go can't complain because it was very dependable ever looking at another Ford vehicle.
Trading off a Volvo. I just bought a 2007 Five Hundred SEL its beautiful in and out. Never had high repair cost at repair shops only things get (common) brakes they last only 2 months than got get new ones. Recently done oil changed, this car is very gorgeous looking it has all features. Purchased mines with AWD. Interior is top of the line very comfortable seats so quiet driving car. Exterior styling is gorgeous love my car has tons of power available with good options inside of interior no issues. Purchased my Five Hundred in Jan 2015 a good looking car like it better than my 2002 Volvo its a gem owning this car so luxurious at its best.
I like this car a lot. We bought it brand new now has over 110k miles. Problems only had would be changing brakes pad and getting new batteries. The car is dependable not painless. It rides good have SEL V6 the Fusion is in great condition no other mechanical problems. Love how spacious is with lots of room handles excellent in snow including AWD helps around city driving or suburbs. I really like this car a lot still looks like new as first day bought off lot. Since day 1 our Fusion has done us well gets very low maintenance easy driving has nice stuff all inside. Thinking of holding on to this car until runs 200,000 miles was our first Ford product after trading off a little Honda Civic it's a great running car we've ever owned just love her. My family has owned Fords before never had mechanical problems they ran 350,000 miles hope our Fusion will last us until than. Got all oil changes, tires, fluids and all checkups replaced minor parts either at AutoZone or etc., still it's a good looking car being absolutely the best ever at its best.
Great car I have the SE model. Fusion is a nice looking sporty car before had a '90 Tempo and '99 Contour before buying my 3rd Ford. Never put any repairs into this car runs forever rides decent gets 30 mpg on Lexington roads handles well being bought mines with FWD it's a amazing car. My Fusion SE is Navy blue this car will definitely treat u well although not as good as God but at least know can count yourself having #1 highly dependable car ever as the Fusion.
After coming out of an Infiniti for the Ford F-150 I am miserable I never realized just how bad these trucks were. Serious electrical problems, squeaks really bad, cloth on seats stains really bad, always had issues under the hood.
passenger seat back doesn't in position
No problems with 2013 Edge and at 43K. Overall very happy. Great turning radius.Excellent ride and leg room. Syn nav will sometime lock up. Low marks on interior because there is no place to put your stuff except in the armrest bin. Drink holders needed in lower front doors. Not so sure about the "nitogen filled" tires never needing to be filled. I have had low TP every year. (No leaks or flats involved). AC speeds are like other Fords - very high or very low, no matter what it says.
I bought my 2007 Taurus in Dec. 2010 with 65850 miles. I had a $1200 heater repair in 2012. It only gets 17 mpg but was a comfortable, reliable car which I enjoyed until today. With just under 108,000 miles on it, the transmission is going. I'm really angry as I expected to get 150,000 or more from this car. No more Fords for me.
I love my Ford 500 Limited. I brought it used with 114,00 miles on it. Now 2 years later the only things that I have to replace was the a/c sensor and alternator which was covered by my warranty. It has 155,000 miles on it and still running great. All I can say is to keep up your maintenance up on your car and It will run just fine. Always get your fluids changed at recommended time. It's cheaper in the beginning rather than costly in the end.
I purchased my 07 Taurus SEL as a daily commuter with 55k miles from a nationwide used car dealer in 2012. Three years later I have only had to perform routine maintenance and replaced the mediocre tires with new Michelins. I do use synthetic oil and perform maintenance by the book. Build quality is very good. I wanted creature comforts such as leather seats and sunroof: I also have automatic start - All electrical, engine and drivetrain have performed to expectation. So, far this car has been reliable safe and around town gas mileage of around 20 mpg. I believe my car was vetted by the dealer thus very few issues. I am very pleased given the price point: Good reliable, anonymous transportation with low insurance costs.
I have owned 4 Retrobirds and the same problem has persisted with each: Coil failure due condensation and/or water getting within. The vehicle will hesitate and run very rough; eventually the wrench warning light will appear and the car will go into limp mode. After March 2015 the warranty coverage for this design flaw expired. If you purchase one be sure to investigate extended FoMoCo warranties - Some Ford dealers do still offer them after all these years. It will pay for itself with one coil/cops repair. The same design flaw exists in the Lincoln LS. Otherwise a very nice vehicle.
We bought our Ford Fusion 2014 in September of 2013. Since then we have had to replace the rims on the car because they keep losing their clear coat. We replaced them at 6000 miles and then again at 21,000 miles and now at 40,000 miles the same problem is occurring and they are stating that they can't replace them because the 36,000 mile warranty is up. It has only been 15,000 miles technically on the last set of rims and this should be covered since this is now the 3rd set of rims that have had the same issue. We have kept up on the maintenance of the car, bringing it in on time for all oil changes, tire rotation, warranty work and even replaced the tires through Ford to make sure that we are keeping our car's records with Ford so that there were no questions on our 36,000 mile warranty and our extended warranty.
i was driving with no warning that my brakes were not going to work had to push the peddle to the floor at first had to see if i missed the peddle almost couldnt stop what would cause that ? it seems like we traded one problem for another
It's 4/3/15, To be short and direct, I've dumped right at $4300 in repair costs on this '05 Taurus SE (3.0 V6 Vulcan flex-fuel ) since new, this Does NOT include tires/oil-filter changes, I've got 68K miles on it and I feel the repair costs on this Piss Poor Taurus have been outrageous. It's in the shop now for a new oil pan gasket because it leaks oil, cost estimate is approx. $300. Past repairs include Trans/Torque converter, starter, cam synchronizer thing-a-ma-jig and easily three sets of lower ball joints. Way-WAY Too much repair money - - - WAY WAY too Quick !! !! I wonder if the engine will make it to 75K ? FORD >>> They call 'em FIX or Repair Daily ! ! ! ! !
bought it new, it now has 230,000 miles. only changed the oil, transmission oil, brakes and tires. best car ever........forget the japanese and germans, get one if you still can. the other reviews are from the germans and japanese dealers.
2008 f250 superduty extended cab xlt 4x4 offroad, 5.4 engine,bought this truck less than a year ago,was great at first,superduty my ass,5.4 engine is totally inadequate for this truck,underpowered is an understatement,with its annoying engine tick on the right side of engine near the firewall,mechanic says its totally normal for the 5.4 triton engine,really!then had a windshield leak on the drivers side,only leaks with a very light rain and sitting still,drips off the grab bar onto the dash onto the a/c vent,it comes and goes.then it felt like engine hesitation when taking off,but discovered it was the left rear brake not releasing,today it stuck and smoke was rolling off the caliper and popping from the heat,parked it till i get the parts to fix it,i only wished i would have come here first before buying it and i never would have,should have kept my ram 1500 megacab
2006 Ford Fusion SEL 3.0, 6 spd auto. Today, the car turned 254,000 miles. The original engine, but the transmission was replaced at 190,000. Vehicle has power sun/moon roof, ATC air, but cloth seats. All in all, other than the common cheap inside door handles (rt side broke both inside and outside also), this is one fine automobile. This is only the second vehicle I've owned that has gone over 200k on the speedo. Both were Fords. I've never had a GM make it over 160k, or a Chrysler product over 180k before having major problems. Preventative maintenance is what it takes to keep these cars in perfect shape. If you forget to change the oil (fluids) at the right time, you might be creating a time bomb of repair costs down the road. Stay on top of your maintenance and your Fusion will drive until the wheels fall off. One of Ford's bright spots, along with the F150 (aluminum) and the Mustang since 05.
What a piece of shit will never buy another ford again. JUNK
Had my 2005 Mustang 3.0 v6 Convertible since March 2006. Had 23K when purchased, BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED. Now it's 10 years old and 117K and still looks and drives like a new car. Yes.....only use synthetic oil, treat it like a baby and rarely do I go somewhere with or without the top down - receive compliments. Just sayin'- still love the Retro look of 2005. It's a keeper.
This truck was purchased about 3 years ago .Since this time it has been in the shop every year It has cost on average of about $2400.00 per year.It is never the same thing .Just got out of shop March 6,2015 cost 2213.14 to replace HIGH PRESSURE PUMP HARNESS GASKET ASSY. $323.14 FOR PARTS $1890.00 LABOR
I bought my 2003 Ford Taurus SES in Feb,2009 from Empire Ford. It must be a lemon. The car only had 85,285 miles on it when I bought it, thought with only that many miles on it with 6 years use, the car was built in June 2003, one of the last ones of the '03 models one would think Ford would have got it right after a whole model year. I thought I knew about Taurus's as I bought a 2001 Taurus SES with the OHC engine, it was a program car and only had 23,900 miles on it. Drove it 250,000 miles from June 2002 until June, 2005 when I traded it for a 2004 Ford Taurus SES w/o the OHC motor, a mistake, it had 33,560 miles on it,also a program car I put 190,000 miles on it until it was totaled out, not my fault in an awesome car wreck I was turned upside down and hit a block wall at 30-35 mph upside down, tore a gas meter off the wall and natural gas spewing everywhere. The point I am making is with being able to put that many miles on both of those Tauruses and doing nothing to them except oil changes,air filter replacement, tires and front brakes only I thought I knew them damned cars pretty well. No sir that ain't the case, the 2003 I presently own, bought in Feb,'09 has had to have the transaxle redone or replaced twice, the first time it just quit, seems they had bad torque converters in 'em. That was back in 2012, had trouble with it from the beginning after the rebuild. The second time was recently, Nov 2014, had it done at Allied Transmissions, they did the first one also. They did not rebuild the original that came with the car they put one they had there, it has an 02 tag on the top of the bell housing, no other ID tags on it, they also left a rag on the top of the tranny. The job was done on Dec 19, 2014 a Friday and I picked it up at their closing time. The first thing I noticed was when it from a standing stop and reached the first shift it shifted hard and or with a shudder. On Monday after I got it back I took it to them and was told it was a complete different tranny than the one that came in my car and it would take a few miles for the tranny and the computer to catch up with each other. I was told to drive it 300-400 miles and trhat should do it. Wrong it still had problems. They then said it was the computer, the engine, eveything but their screwup. Now just Sat. Mar. 7, 2015 the radio just quit working. I have tried every fuse in the box, outside and inside to no avail. Oh after the first rebuild of the tranny the radiator busted, the part where the trans cooler is. If anyone out there knows how to get this radio to work again let me know. Now that is why I believe this present Taurus is a LEMON and should be recalled thru the LEMON LAW.
I have a 2012 Ford Escape which was purchased in October of 2011. Last March (2014), I remote started my car and a huge amount of smoke and a loud "bang" came from under my vehicle. Come to find out the A/C broke away from the car and was filled with grime. Only found out about it when the A/C only blew hot air. It was $4,000+ to have it repaired. Thank god I had the extended warranty. Here we are in March of 2015 and I just dropped it off at the dealer this morning with the exact same issue. Will never buy a Ford again and I've already started looking for a new vehicle as this one will be traded in the day I get it back!
I bought my '02 Explorer in 2004, with 36000 miles on it. Something internal in the motor just gave out, at 286000+ miles. It still looks new and until now, I've had NO issues with any part of this vehicle. I'm looking at newer Explorers now because I'm not sure $5500 for a new motor is a good investment. However, the rest of the tuck is still solid, and not having any of the problems being listed, maybe it is.
bought a 2005 ford explorer in 2010. I did have the crack on the back but that was replaced at the dealer. It had 69k miles, most things were great until the 100k marker, that's when the grinding around corners came, I replaced the rotors only to continue to hear it again, I then replaced the front control arm assemblies due to the fact the ball joints were bad, I replaced the rotors again, the noise stopped (for a while) then the thermostatic housing begins to leak, got the part, still leaked, told me the sensor needs to be replaced too, then that solved that problem. Last but not least, the killer was when the bolt for the timing chain broke, out went the timing, valves, a few more things to basically a replacement engine... Out the door it went, dodge and chevy I stay now