Ford Reviews

Ford Reviews and Owner Comments

I bought this truck almost 9 years ago. I don't abuse it but made it work hard. T-boned a GMC SUV with it (totaled it) I had to buy a new bumper $135. When they say Ford tough they are not kidding. I have the V6 and pulled a 30 ft RV across 2 mountain ranges and it still runs good. Had to replace an axle assembly at 220,000 miles. and the ABS pump is gone but I would and do trust it with my life all the time. The traction is good so I don't have any problems in bad road conditions. This is a simple 2wd, AT, 6Cyl basic XLT on paper but on the road this is a bad ass vehicle. If the wheels fell off of it tomorrow, I'd go get another one.
I have a 1998 f150 Lariat 5.4 auto trans I was planing on buying a wrecked 2002-04 with a 5.4 and trade out the motor and trans would I have to change anything else like on board computer and so on. Thanks
I leased a 2015 Ford F150 in February 2016. At this moment, it has 6164 miles on it. Last week, I left my house to run errands and got about 5 minutes from home. I stopped at a stop light and when I accelerated to go, the truck started shimmying and I lost acceleration. Thankfully, I was at a place that I could pull over and get off the street. I turned off the truck, sat for about 5 minutes to see if the error would reset but it didn't. I tried to again put it into drive but still no acceleration frontward or backward. Called Ford roadside assistance and waited an hour and half to be towed. Called Northgate Ford, Cincinnati, OH to let them know my vehicle was on its way there to be looked at. I explained the problem and the service writer stopped me in my description and told me to call roadside assistance and have it towed. REALLY? I told him it should be pulling into his lot any minute. I asked for a rental or a loaner but was told they didn't supply them. This was in a Fri afternoon and I had a ton of things to do over the weekend. I had to argue with the service attendance, the service manager and went all the way up to the GM of the dealership. Reluctantly, he approved a rental for the weekend.....I am a single woman and being told that I was going to be without transportation being that my 6 month old truck was in the shop for repairs did NOT set well. All three men that I spoke with were rude and very disrespectful. Today is Wednesday and they called this a.m. to tell me my truck was ready. I drove to the dealership to get it and asked what the final diagnosis was. The attendant handed me the paperwork and told me to read it for myself. The paperwork said it was the throttle body and motor assembly. I wanted and needed an explanation about what this was but he called to have my truck brought to me and I left. I made it home in the 45 minute drive but I am scared to death to drive it very far from home. The sad thing is I have another two and half years on the lease and I can just about predict that this won't be my last repair.....ugh!!!
I have had this car since 70,000 miles one other owner well taken care of brake booster went out around 90,000 at a 100,000 I have since replaced a melted coil on primary a all the spark plugs both catylitic converter replaced the car has cost me over $3000 already only to find out the the ecm or pcm is faulty which has no recall yet definitely not bad due to wear and tear the car has almost been in the shop ever since I got it and am currently still having it worked on I am very disappointed in this car falls short of being at American made vehicle standards it looks pretty but parts are cheaply made
Transmission leak seems to be common. 200,000 hits on YouTube
I bought a 1993 Ford Explorer from my brother. He recycles vehicles. I drove this one, I thought it ran too good to just be cut in peices and recycled. Boy was I right!!!.. Don't even know how many miles this thing actually have. But I know it has lots more to go!!! Took it for a 3000 mile road trip!! Up the Rocky Mountains.. No problems!! Noticed it climed hills better with midgrade or premium gas.. I gotta fix the 4x4.. But I still take it camping in the mountains.. Hasn't got stuck yet!! Looking to replace the clutch and water pump pretty soon.. She is such a good car for so little money.. So capable of doing so much.. So roomy on the inside.. My 6'1 son rode in the back seat on the road trip.. He said it was very comfortable.. I've basically done routine maintenance.. Replaced tires.. And made it legal to drive again.. I use the Good stuff on an oil change, and some 50 weight.. She is such a good vehicle!!!
I have owned 2002 t bird since it was and have had problems with a/c three times, other than that it is a very good car
If my daughter ever buys another Ford car I will hurt her. This car was ok at first but now it's possessed. It does what it wants to. The transmission jerks, it idles on it a own and the lights are a nightmare. Can't drive at night because the lights goes on and off. I really want here to be included in a class action lawsuit against Ford. Ford is a joke but they really need to recall and fix this problem for all Ford 500 owners.
My car stop while sitting waiting for a train to pass i pushed in the lighter wated for it to pop out then the car made a thump and quit.Now the dash light up when you turn the ignition key on but it want do anything what should i do or check?
I love my '09 GT. Of course, it has had a couple of issues, like a mysterous buzzing in the rear. I figured out that it was the trunk tension springs. I fixed the problem with felt spacers. I love the sound of this car. This is the fourth GT I've had and have loved them all. All had minor problems, but so has every car I have ever owned regardless of marque.
Unless I hit the lottery, I will likely always own a Mustang GT.

I have a 01 Ford Windstar with a 190,000 miles AC still blows ice cold and I live in Michigan where they use tons of salt don't know what else you could ask for from a van been great to me replaced in the last hundred thousand miles only the alternator brakes and front end suspension nothing out of the ordinary
Bought my truck from a family member who owned it for 15 years. As soon as I bought it, it had a few problems, but I put about $700 or so into it and it's been running great ever since. Love my truck and I'm super glad I bought it.
2005 Ford Escape.....Biggest P.O.S. vehicle I have ever owned. YOU SUCK FORD AS USUAL. Didn't want to purchase vehicle, but I was in a pinch and needed one asap. Having to put a couple courts of oil in it every week, with no leak found. And it being hard on gas. 4 months after purchasing, out of the blue, it starts running like it's running on 3 cylinders and then just stalls driving on the interstate. Took to a dealer and they run diagnostics on it and tell me the ignition coils, plugs, amd ecu (computer) need replaced. 2000$ JUST FOR PARTS at the dealer.
At auto parts store: Coils=430$ Plugs=32$ Computer=525$ Total=987$. I bought everything and installed myself which took maybe an hour. Computer I purchased is supposed to be ready to go. Already flashed, no key, no programming, no dealer needed. I install, and anti theft light is flashing on dash. Car won't start or even so much as crank over. Parts store gave me another replacement telling me it was wrong computer, and as of this very moment, same issue as first one. I HATE FORD AND I HOPE THEY GO UNDER!
DEBILITATING VEHICLE! This is a piece of junk! Driving this vehicle for a month is having me at the chiropractor now. My back hurts constantly now during the week when driving this garbage. This should have never been manufacturered. I was a Ford guy until I drove this long enough. I will never own another Ford because of this debilitating rolling turd!! Ford Transit Connect is F"Ed up! $hit!
Who puts leaf springs and a seat as comfortable as 2x4s on a vehicle... Oh! Ford does! That's how stupid they are! The AC works though when it's not smelling like dirty socks or burning anti-freeze! Piece of junk! You screwed up this time Ford! thos vehicle is so bad, that the torque kicks in going down a hill. It's stays confused kicking in and out several times going up a hill as well. Mechanics say"that's just their design" and "nothing wrong other than its a transit".
Well, great! Now my vehicle is the brunt of mechanic jokes as well! I hate this vehicle!
Hello i have a 2002 power stroke F 250 what a great truck 210 ,000 still looks great except a rust issue on rear wheel wells size of 4"x 8"
I have replaced a few things alternator power steering lines and few other things but i can say it a awesome riding and durable truck i love it and want to get the rust fixed $3,000 to take outer skin off and redo , Maybe finder flairs are a option ?
It was well taken care of I bought it with 245,000 on it other than a couple minor rust spots on it for Minnesota $1100.00 I replaced the alternator, one rear brake caliper one relay by the way all the same $16. I thought I had battery issues it ended up being anti-theft issues you have to turn the key 8 times on and off within ten seconds to reset 1999 Ford Expedition . So it seemed to have a dead battery after it sat over night
I paid $6,000 cash for my 1998 Pacific Green Expedition Eddie Bauer with tan interior in 2005 with 134,000 miles on it. I now have 297,000 miles on it. The repairs I've done to it is $600 on rebuild front end, bushings and alternator. Changed bout 4 COP's and maybe two plugs and also trailing arms. The interior and body are great. I change the oil every 3 months. No spitting out plugs with those aluminum heads either. This car runs great and people can't believe it has this much mileage on it. I took it to the Ford Dealership to get No. 4 cylinder COP and plug, because I couldn't get to it. Everything works except the moon roof, needs adjusting, so I disconnected it. I'm really happy with this car. Maybe it was built on a good day. I fix what I can myself, like brakes, oil changes, etc.
I purchased my F150 Supercrew XLT 5.4,with tow package new on Easter Sunday 2004, it has been a good truck,used extensively for towing a toy hauler fully loaded to the desert for years,used for projects around the house ,hauling heavy loads of landscape/building materials,etc! I have not abused the truck,but I have put it to the test as it was built to do and it has not let me down. I have always done the scheduled maintenance as required by Ford, I have grown up with Ford trucks and I am on my 4th Ford truck, first F150,however,I am disappointed in the Ford Motor Company with the "spark plug" issue that has plagued so many unsuspecting consumers. I had not experienced the hardship that so many have had to deal with until I changed my spark plugs at the 100,000 mile mark, while removing the spark plugs, 2 of the 8 came out with no problem, the other 2 had a portion of the spark plug lodged in the cylinder. I rented a spark plug extractor tool from Autozone, followed the instructions and successfully removed the the remaining piece(s) of spark plug,from what I have read, I was one of the lucky few to have only had the expense of the parts and a full Saturday to get this problem handled, again,I feel for the folks that have lost wages, time with family and everyday activities while their F150 is sitting in a shop/driveway/roadside at the mercy of the Ford Motor Company.
Like most of us common folks, I can't afford to just go and buy another vehicle and take on another long term note....Ford,please restore the trust of your loyal customers and make things right!!!
Lucky one.
Overall the car is great. I'm less than pleased with the Flexfuel mapping. My 2012 ran extremely well and was not a flexfuel. 2014 engine reminds me of my '84' Wellcraft with the old Chevy "Iron Duke" 4 cylinder engine. I will most likely get a new one (2016?) when SYNC 3 is the tech.
I love my Eddie Bauer ! I've had it for 10 years and it's had a few repairs but I am willing to pay what for any repair it may need. It's been so reliable and easy to drive in bad weather. We love taking it on the back roads using 4wheel drive. I recommend that anyone who owns in to keep it instead of buying something new. It's worth it!
This is my 3rd Ranger XLT and my 1st with 4wd - extended cab with rear doors Have had very good experiences with all three vehicles (1988, 2001previously). The only problem I've had with this truck is the transfer case shift control motor quit working a couple of years back. Tech stated I would have to cycle the switch on a regular basis or the motor stops working through disuse. He rebuilt it for $50 - no other problems other than rust in the bed. Still has its original battery and tires. Will have ALL fluids changed this spring as its been in service since March, 2006. Currently has 32k miles. Has most factory options and many dealer installed options. Was (and still is) the highest stickered Ranger I've viewed at a dealer. Use E0 87 octane fuel.
An interesting car. Car still has its original tires and the original battery and wiper blades were changed out in 2013. I bought this auto trans car from the original owner back in 2011 with 6k original miles. It was kept in a garage, covered, still smelled and looked new but it kept killing the battery. I bought it for a song after totaling my 1998 GT but that's another story. Did some research on the electrical problem and found it was common with the early models of this generation. Solution? 1. Always turn the radio off before turning the key off. 2. ALWAYS connect the battery cables (and jumper cables) positive first and negative last. Always disconnect in the correct reverse order. Why? Parasitic power loss will be around 100mA vs. 30mA.

Next problem was the speedo quit working - found that gauge failure was a common problem with these cars. Solution? Pulled the pod myself and shipped it off to a speedo shop that specialized in rebuilding these assemblies - very fair price with a lifetime warranty.

Next problem was the leatherette door panels delaminated and flopped over on the armrests. Common problem. Solution? Had them recovered with the same material by a local auto upholstery shop - reasonable price and lifetime warranty. Rear window defroster stopped working recently. Light comes on but no sound from the relay and no window heating - checking into this at the moment. No other issues and thoroughly enjoy driving and owning this car.

Next problem was the fuel fill issue that also manifested during 2013. Would only fill half way - another common problem. Found out this car already had the replacement fuel tank. I did several slow fills with the nozzle handle at the 2 o'clock position - problem corrected itself.

Had ALL of the fluids changed out last year on its 10th anniversary of first going into service in May of 2005. Use E0 Shell Supreme fuel (has Superchips premium fuel tune with K&N cold air kit). Most factory options and many dealer installed options on this car. This car is the spiritual successor to the 1998 GT I bought new and totaled in 2011.
Buy any other car and you'll probably get something better! Recently traded my 2013 Focus for a Toyota after the Focus (at only 39,000 miles) decided it would occasionally stall and not restart. Two Ford dealers couldn't fix the problem, let alone figure out what was wrong. Besides that, the car suffered from rattles, noises in the front end, trim and molding coming loose. I thought I would avoid the transmission issues and opted for the 5 speed manual but I still had problems with the clutch "shuddering" similar to the way the PowerShift transmission acts (I've rented quite a few of these too). Bottom line - this is a junk car. It may be mildly fun for the first 10,000 miles, but don't expect much after that. Ford has lost a customer for life with me.
1997 F-250 7.3 may be the best truck ford has ever produced
This car the most unreliable piece of junk I've ever been unfortunate enough to own! It should/will be recalled. Some gremlin in the wiring or computer system randomly causes errors frequently; dash light warnings come on when nothing is wrong, doors will not open or close at times, loses power while driving, abs engages when not needed. Several mechanics can find nothing wrong with it. ..motor and trany lights constantly light up but check out fine...this usually precedes a plethora of other malfunctions including power loss while driving (dangerous and scary) and lights going out (both dash and headlights) SUPER SCARY! The Internet is full of thousands of similar complaints from owners of this car with no advice on how to fix it. The freestyle is a lemon DON'T buy one!
Nowadays cars are usually equipped with a chip that prevents it from "auto-locking" if the keys are in the vehicle. But this happened last night and the owners manual containing the default manufacture's unlock code, is in the glove box! Called a locksmith and they couldn't even get in it. Now my only option is to pay to have it towed to the dealer where they'll hook it up to expensive machines to unlock it but all of it being an "out of pocket expense!" FORD.... (Found On Road Dead).
The Fox Body Mustang is a small car that could be had with a big engine in its day. It remains a popular enthusiast's car today given the large number of aftermarket and performance parts that are available for Fox Mustangs. There was a big difference in the "seat-of-the-pants" acceleration between the automatic overdrive and the T-5 transmission models. The T-5 offering a lot more efficient delivery of engine power to the rear wheels. The biggest drawback of the Fox Mustang was a weak unibody that flexed way too much and plagued the car with squeaks and rattles due to its stiff suspension. The front seat frames were poorly constructed by Ford with most becoming broken over the years. The powertrains in the Fox Mustangs were fairly durable taking plenty of abuse from spirited drivers. Unmodified cars are hard to find today, with most not being worth the time or effort to restore.
I have owned my Bronco for ten years,I am a woman. So ,I did get my oil changes regularly and have had to do the usual repairs , you know when something small goes, or brakes ,some front end work.I love this Truck it has always been reliable and I don't care about the mileage because of the safety part and getting through the snow. I am 5 feet tall 64 years old and I have a stool for when ever I need to check anything. Yes it is funny to see but I am safe. I want another one,mine has over 300,000 miles and the only thing wrong with it is the body is rusting off of it. The non Ford people or men keep telling me I should not and I am having a hard time finding one but I hope to find one soon,before snow.

Not just the 2010 but all F-150s are amazing only getting better. The 2010 is the best lookig running and braking truck in its class. The ideas and thoughts just in the inside ofbthe cab. Says it all than one the best drivetrains. Just an amazing truck.