Ford Reviews

Ford Reviews and Owner Comments

Best fun car I have ever had. I am original owner of my 2005 GT Mustang coupe looks like ten years ago purchased off the Ford dealers lot. Now a decade later driving my car 80,000 miles she still rides smooth being a tidy bow ever owned this car is very flawless. Did put in through the test driving to NY but never did disappoint me driving with stainless steel interior with a beautiful maroon color exterior. Has automatic and 6 cylinder the handles beautifully can't believe actually still driving my Mustang. For a sports car gets good fuel economy and with cost of maintenance this car is not bad at all running on Synthetic oil runs forever. I've had several mechanics telling me this car will last another 60,000 miles doing excellent job keeping up the low maintenance does have some hail damage some body parts otherwise car is a beast ever. Overall still having lots of fun driving my Mustang excellent performance replaced just the minor things as a normal vehicle needs after been driving a while. Wouldn't trade my Mustang for another or look getting new vehicle purchased because this car is running fine at now driving it 140,000 miles no mechanical issues out of nothing I would recommend getting this car absolutely love my Mustang best car ever purchased being first Ford product.
Good car and its good on gas. Bought the little Ford Focus used in 2011 with 43,000 miles now this car is most dependable ever never put repairs until getting new A/C condenser. Runs well no other problems with Focus no rust living in Ohio this car might be better than a Civic or Corolla of this effective year. I have automatic tranny shifts smooth no problems out jerking or hesitation gets 35 mpg. Just love my 2007 Ford Focus it was a Enterprise rental but shipped to a small local dealer for me in purchasing a low priced budget car. Steering can be lacking and did get 5th set of brakes changed at 118,000 miles might coming from car being driven as rental getting all brakes replaced but engine is better with lots of good performance for small four banger motor just love my little Ford best purchased I've made.
We purchased our Aerostar new '95 now put 400,000 miles running on original engine/tranny. I did get things replaced as fuel injectors, valves and 2 head gaskets but the Aerostar never once ran hot in the California heat. Absolutely appreciate how the van did us well its comfortable has everything working best even windows goes up/down and cruise control switch still works great. Original paint emerald green forest holding up well has the factory steel hubcaps that came manufactured with van its all best ever. We thinking of now purchasing a new vehicle since driven the Aerostar 400,000 miles but hate get rid of it because somebody might let the crane take it away for cash for clunkers. My wife wants to keep as second handed thinking hard of doing I love this van taking excellent family trips from CA TO NY and across country never once stopped on us mean we had it loaded with families and things on long distances trips its a beast ever owned. THANK YOU FORD!!! Why did you quit making vans?
I brought my 2005 ford explorer love it until at 50,000 had to buy tires, brakes, alternator, fix the auto seat on driver side and now I have that famous crack on the back of the hitch and sat 80,000 I just replaced the transmission. I brought 2 new vehicles from ford in 2005 and I don't think I will buy anything else from them. My 2005 F-150 truck has had a lot of parts replaced and repaired and it has about the same amount of miles on it. Ford you have lost a repeat customer. NEVER NEVER again Ford you SUCK
Currently have 185k miles on my 2WD,2.3L. 5 spd stick, standard cab Ford Ranger. Had 136 k on it in 2013 and drove from WA State to Deadhorse,AK (5 miles from the Arctic Ocean) and back. At Tok Junction ,AK drove onto the scales at 5180 GVW. Got 29.5 MPG from Fairbanks to Seattle ! Ford needs to start building these again.
I bought my Expedition in July 2001 has 305,452 miles. Never had problems except for brake wear plus had a light indicator on dashboard but mechanic fixed couple things as lasted for 16 years. Rides, drives and comfortable still peppy its probably better than newer Expeditions might be wrong - I absolutely love this SUV. Everything is great on this SUV very fast with lots of power have done on plenty of trips plus been through chains still very dependable. Did get routine stuff done after my 100,000 mile scheduled maintenance its working even engine and transmission are both still original. Overall I really have so much fun driving the Expedition though single its the best ever owned after owned few cars in the past Expedition is my favorite vehicle had.
I bought my 2006 Taurus in 2007 with 8,000 miles. It was a dealer show car. It has ran very well. Had to replace the starter at 100,000 miles. Have done regular maintenance, oil, tires,etc. Now has 110,000 and starts with no problem, milage is still right on, runs like a charm. It has been a good car.
I had, a 1996 Ford Mustang, it was a great car, I had it for 13 years, it was dependable, it ran great, even though i did not do a lot of upkeep for it. No complaints about it, just the last years I had the car, it started finally falling apart. Had to day good bye to it. I would get another Mustang.
My 2006 Ford Explorer just clicked 200,000 miles. Only substantial repairs have been U-bolts and a water pump.
I bought a 2006 Ford Taurus in 2013 about 6 mths in I needed a catalyc converter; about a year after that I needed a starter; Currently my exhaust system is done!!!!! I was also told the suspension will need to be repaired on the front and back. I bought this car with 81,000 miles on it.
I bought my Ford 500 brand new in 2005. This has been the BEST car EVER - the ONLY time it has been in the shop was ONCE - for the a/c compressor. It now has almost 100,000 miles on it - it also has the AWD CVT transmission. I would highly recommend this car. The only brand of car I will drive is FORD- to me - they make the best cars and trucks on the road
I have a Taurus 2000 and it is a good driving car I received this from a relative after he had it for about 6 yrs after purchasing it brand new. He had to replace the engine for whatever reason paid by the factory. No problems there. It is a good driving car but now I wouldnt trust it with too much long distance driving. It needs some repairs its old. Rusting is a problem around the back wheels which I seen on many on the models and with the hard winter, rusting on the sides and underneath would cost a fortune to repair. Some how I hate to replace the car itself it has been wonderful reliable vehicle and could go more miles after 139,900. The problems i now face with repairing is electrical (door), rusting, possibly a wheel bearing (tire making a lot of loud noises, a new paint job on the body to remove hit and miss rust spots and to bring back that nice red color
I'm probably one of the FEW people left who have owned this truck since new...17 years now. I bought this truck at the beginning of the LARGE SUV heyday and gas was a $1.25 a gallon!! Overall, this truck has been SUPER reliable. It has a few design weaknesses, but no real surprises. The things it falls short on, were evident on day one; it guzzles gas and the early models are underpowered and only tow about 1/2 the tow rating well. I have 130,000 miles on it. Pretty low for it's age. I have only fixed and replaced little things. Brakes are a weak point because they were too small from the get-go; they warp disks before the pads wear out. Just replaced the starter after 16 years; it was getting tired. The 4 wheel drive system and powertrain have been pretty bullet proof. A/C system was undersized for this size vehicle, especially in hot/humid climates, but have not even recharged the system in 17 years. I've never had to replace the muffler or even a light bulb. General fit and finish and Ford's lousy paint job complaints are my biggest gripes and all came with the vehicle. If you can afford the gas, there are few vehicles out there with this much overall space and utility!
I bough4 my super used 2006. She now has 85,000 miles on her. I haven,t had any major problems yet other than an alternator. This truck has pulled out other vehicles from the mud/snow banks. (They weren,t Fords) I plan to keep her as this is the best year for the ps 7.3 engine. I have freinds with 350,000 and higher still going down the road. I average about 1,800 miles a year with her and during the winter I will put one ton of pellets in her once a month for 7 months. It,s about 10 miles from the store to home and she handles it all with no complaints. I would never put this much weight in the back on another make of truck. Don,t trust them.
Bought van in 2004. Problems beginning still love it but time let it go can't complain because it was very dependable ever looking at another Ford vehicle.
Trading off a Volvo. I just bought a 2007 Five Hundred SEL its beautiful in and out. Never had high repair cost at repair shops only things get (common) brakes they last only 2 months than got get new ones. Recently done oil changed, this car is very gorgeous looking it has all features. Purchased mines with AWD. Interior is top of the line very comfortable seats so quiet driving car. Exterior styling is gorgeous love my car has tons of power available with good options inside of interior no issues. Purchased my Five Hundred in Jan 2015 a good looking car like it better than my 2002 Volvo its a gem owning this car so luxurious at its best.
I like this car a lot. We bought it brand new now has over 110k miles. Problems only had would be changing brakes pad and getting new batteries. The car is dependable not painless. It rides good have SEL V6 the Fusion is in great condition no other mechanical problems. Love how spacious is with lots of room handles excellent in snow including AWD helps around city driving or suburbs. I really like this car a lot still looks like new as first day bought off lot. Since day 1 our Fusion has done us well gets very low maintenance easy driving has nice stuff all inside. Thinking of holding on to this car until runs 200,000 miles was our first Ford product after trading off a little Honda Civic it's a great running car we've ever owned just love her. My family has owned Fords before never had mechanical problems they ran 350,000 miles hope our Fusion will last us until than. Got all oil changes, tires, fluids and all checkups replaced minor parts either at AutoZone or etc., still it's a good looking car being absolutely the best ever at its best.
Great car I have the SE model. Fusion is a nice looking sporty car before had a '90 Tempo and '99 Contour before buying my 3rd Ford. Never put any repairs into this car runs forever rides decent gets 30 mpg on Lexington roads handles well being bought mines with FWD it's a amazing car. My Fusion SE is Navy blue this car will definitely treat u well although not as good as God but at least know can count yourself having #1 highly dependable car ever as the Fusion.
After coming out of an Infiniti for the Ford F-150 I am miserable I never realized just how bad these trucks were. Serious electrical problems, squeaks really bad, cloth on seats stains really bad, always had issues under the hood.
passenger seat back doesn't in position
No problems with 2013 Edge and at 43K. Overall very happy. Great turning radius.Excellent ride and leg room. Syn nav will sometime lock up. Low marks on interior because there is no place to put your stuff except in the armrest bin. Drink holders needed in lower front doors. Not so sure about the "nitogen filled" tires never needing to be filled. I have had low TP every year. (No leaks or flats involved). AC speeds are like other Fords - very high or very low, no matter what it says.
I bought my 2007 Taurus in Dec. 2010 with 65850 miles. I had a $1200 heater repair in 2012. It only gets 17 mpg but was a comfortable, reliable car which I enjoyed until today. With just under 108,000 miles on it, the transmission is going. I'm really angry as I expected to get 150,000 or more from this car. No more Fords for me.
I love my Ford 500 Limited. I brought it used with 114,00 miles on it. Now 2 years later the only things that I have to replace was the a/c sensor and alternator which was covered by my warranty. It has 155,000 miles on it and still running great. All I can say is to keep up your maintenance up on your car and It will run just fine. Always get your fluids changed at recommended time. It's cheaper in the beginning rather than costly in the end.
I purchased my 07 Taurus SEL as a daily commuter with 55k miles from a nationwide used car dealer in 2012. Three years later I have only had to perform routine maintenance and replaced the mediocre tires with new Michelins. I do use synthetic oil and perform maintenance by the book. Build quality is very good. I wanted creature comforts such as leather seats and sunroof: I also have automatic start - All electrical, engine and drivetrain have performed to expectation. So, far this car has been reliable safe and around town gas mileage of around 20 mpg. I believe my car was vetted by the dealer thus very few issues. I am very pleased given the price point: Good reliable, anonymous transportation with low insurance costs.
I have owned 4 Retrobirds and the same problem has persisted with each: Coil failure due condensation and/or water getting within. The vehicle will hesitate and run very rough; eventually the wrench warning light will appear and the car will go into limp mode. After March 2015 the warranty coverage for this design flaw expired. If you purchase one be sure to investigate extended FoMoCo warranties - Some Ford dealers do still offer them after all these years. It will pay for itself with one coil/cops repair. The same design flaw exists in the Lincoln LS. Otherwise a very nice vehicle.
We bought our Ford Fusion 2014 in September of 2013. Since then we have had to replace the rims on the car because they keep losing their clear coat. We replaced them at 6000 miles and then again at 21,000 miles and now at 40,000 miles the same problem is occurring and they are stating that they can't replace them because the 36,000 mile warranty is up. It has only been 15,000 miles technically on the last set of rims and this should be covered since this is now the 3rd set of rims that have had the same issue. We have kept up on the maintenance of the car, bringing it in on time for all oil changes, tire rotation, warranty work and even replaced the tires through Ford to make sure that we are keeping our car's records with Ford so that there were no questions on our 36,000 mile warranty and our extended warranty.
i was driving with no warning that my brakes were not going to work had to push the peddle to the floor at first had to see if i missed the peddle almost couldnt stop what would cause that ? it seems like we traded one problem for another
It's 4/3/15, To be short and direct, I've dumped right at $4300 in repair costs on this '05 Taurus SE (3.0 V6 Vulcan flex-fuel ) since new, this Does NOT include tires/oil-filter changes, I've got 68K miles on it and I feel the repair costs on this Piss Poor Taurus have been outrageous. It's in the shop now for a new oil pan gasket because it leaks oil, cost estimate is approx. $300. Past repairs include Trans/Torque converter, starter, cam synchronizer thing-a-ma-jig and easily three sets of lower ball joints. Way-WAY Too much repair money - - - WAY WAY too Quick !! !! I wonder if the engine will make it to 75K ? FORD >>> They call 'em FIX or Repair Daily ! ! ! ! !
bought it new, it now has 230,000 miles. only changed the oil, transmission oil, brakes and tires. best car ever........forget the japanese and germans, get one if you still can. the other reviews are from the germans and japanese dealers.
2008 f250 superduty extended cab xlt 4x4 offroad, 5.4 engine,bought this truck less than a year ago,was great at first,superduty my ass,5.4 engine is totally inadequate for this truck,underpowered is an understatement,with its annoying engine tick on the right side of engine near the firewall,mechanic says its totally normal for the 5.4 triton engine,really!then had a windshield leak on the drivers side,only leaks with a very light rain and sitting still,drips off the grab bar onto the dash onto the a/c vent,it comes and goes.then it felt like engine hesitation when taking off,but discovered it was the left rear brake not releasing,today it stuck and smoke was rolling off the caliper and popping from the heat,parked it till i get the parts to fix it,i only wished i would have come here first before buying it and i never would have,should have kept my ram 1500 megacab