Ford Reviews

Ford Reviews and Owner Comments

The Fox Body Mustang is a small car that could be had with a big engine in its day. It remains a popular enthusiast's car today given the large number of aftermarket and performance parts that are available for Fox Mustangs. There was a big difference in the "seat-of-the-pants" acceleration between the automatic overdrive and the T-5 transmission models. The T-5 offering a lot more efficient delivery of engine power to the rear wheels. The biggest drawback of the Fox Mustang was a weak unibody that flexed way too much and plagued the car with squeaks and rattles due to its stiff suspension. The front seat frames were poorly constructed by Ford with most becoming broken over the years. The powertrains in the Fox Mustangs were fairly durable taking plenty of abuse from spirited drivers. Unmodified cars are hard to find today, with most not being worth the time or effort to restore.
I have owned my Bronco for ten years,I am a woman. So ,I did get my oil changes regularly and have had to do the usual repairs , you know when something small goes, or brakes ,some front end work.I love this Truck it has always been reliable and I don't care about the mileage because of the safety part and getting through the snow. I am 5 feet tall 64 years old and I have a stool for when ever I need to check anything. Yes it is funny to see but I am safe. I want another one,mine has over 300,000 miles and the only thing wrong with it is the body is rusting off of it. The non Ford people or men keep telling me I should not and I am having a hard time finding one but I hope to find one soon,before snow.
Not just the 2010 but all F-150s are amazing only getting better. The 2010 is the best lookig running and braking truck in its class. The ideas and thoughts just in the inside ofbthe cab. Says it all than one the best drivetrains. Just an amazing truck.
So, picked up a 1997 Explorer Eddie Bauer with 187K on her for less than a grand. I've found that working on it has been a breeze. A couple hick ups here and there but to be expected with an older rig. What I've done so far: blend door valve actuator replacement, air flow sensor replacement, camshaft sensor replacement (full shaft), pulled the entire carpet laid it out in the driveway and used our home carpet cleaner (it looks brand new), had to re-solder the Omeron inside the EATC (A/C wouldn't work), re-solder the light out module board (passenger side head light out), replaced all interior and exterior lights (in dash, in consoles, inside everything, just because), buff/polished everything including the glass, did the brakes, did the plugs and lines, re-upholstered the seats and installed a 2DIN HD, GPS, DVD touchscreen. Total about another $500-$700 (parts only, I did all the work myself) It is CHERRY! Looks, drives, smells brand spankin new!
Good vehicle for a Ford. I am looking into a new transmission rebuilt as the one got is original. My Explorer is a good truck and has done me well at 205,000 miles.
I call my Taurus my 34,000 lemon, as i've had so many problems with it it's not funny. I should have known when I originally picked up the car and had to drive to the service department as the gas tank lid would not work. There is a rattle under the dash, and I've carried it to the dealership (Legacy Ford, Mc Donough) seven times to date and they still have not solved the problem. The speaker on the passenger front side vibrate intermittently, not fixed. There is a recall on the rear door handles and I reported it to them since April, just got one done last tuesday, they say they have been on back order. There was an airbag light on the dash since May, go it fixed on tuesday after 4 visits.I contacted the Regional Customer Service Manager for the region on 05May15 and did not here from her until about 2-3 weeks ago after several failed attempts to reach her. This car has been a big dissapointment, but more so Ford.
This truck is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I bought it new in 2007 and it has cost me thousands of dollars to keep it running. The list of defective parts goes on and on. Replaced the turbo $2500.00 at 34k miles, the EGR and oil cooler $4600.00 with a after market cooler because Ford installed a radiator finned type that clogs up and blows the engine. Aluminum head bolts with steel $3100.00 to keep from blowing the engine. Coolant reservoir cap $5.00 with Advance Auto one which has a stronger spring. The Ford one has a light spring that goes bad there by causing the engine to overheat and blow. Now the truck is leaning down 1-1/4 inch on the front driver side which requires the addition of a shim 3C4Z-5A300-AA Ford recommends. Price unknown at this writing.The list goes on and on.
bought my 2002 sport trac new with 7 miles on it. Still have it 13 years later with 279,000 miles on it. She still runs and rides great. I still enjoy my road trips in it today. I truly believe that if you complete the maintenance when it is due, your vehicle will last a good many years. Ford really messed up taking the sport trac off line in 2010.
I have a 2004 Taurus. Its a nice car in all but we bought it used ran great for a week or two then all of a sudden, any time the rpm get lower the car will shut down.I have no clue what could be the problem.this car has already caused t racks dew to the shutting off suddenly.
Nice comfortable car, but expensive problems: 1. Car would shut down to fault mode on transmission at highway speeds. Speedometer would go to zero and digital readout would go off and car would gear down. Problem solved by replacement of two sensors in tranny at $1,100. 2. Brake pedal low and mushy after repeated attempts to bleed electronically and mechanically. Dealer diagnosed problem as anti-lock unit and estimated repair cost of $1,637. Both problems ridiculous on a car with under 90,000 miles. Ford offered no help.
I am over 70 years old and have had so many new trucks that I have lost count. My 2011 250 super duty diesel is the best truck I have ever owned. I pull a 36 foot 5th wheel and have never had a problem going up or down mountains in Colorado or New Mexico. I also get about 11 MPG towing and about 18 MPG not towing. I also replaced the fuel tank with a 50 gallon fuel tank which was one of the best things I have ever done to a truck that pulls a trailer.
Bot 2001 v6 automatic used at 50,000 miles and it had a factory tow package. original owner had it zebarted and took good care of it. I have 225,000 miles. Door handles had to be replaced. When i got it, I drained the transmission and put B&G transmission additive in it along with the correct Motocraft transmission fluid and also changed the transfer case fluids and the radiator fluid (use the green stuff) I need to change the struts. I bot a fuel pump in advance so I wouldn't get screwed at the dealership ( you can change the fuel pump yourself without droppine the tank, access is under rear seat) I use synthetic blend oil (10-40) because of the looseness of the engine.
I purchased this 2008 Ford Taurus Limited in 2008. It was purchased used and had approximately 20000 miles on the speedometer.I only had one small problem with the transmittion and Ford only did a small adjustment and it cured that.In 2015 I finally has all rotors and brakes replaced as I thought that they may have to be changed after trips to New Hampshire,Vermont and pennsylvainia a few times>I can onlysay that I congratulate Ford Motor company and its employees for such a fine auto that has cost me very little to maintain.Also Ford service manager told me that your rotors and brakes did not need to be changed! "REALLY"Gee the brakes lasted almost seven years.This car is definitely not for sale.
I never owned or drove something so worst as the Explorer its a piece of junk ever nor will never buy a Ford again. Had tons of problems with electrical system plus got three batteries all in one year can't believe that a truck only nine years old nothing but problems. Did have a 1992 Explorer lasted 350,000miles now my 2006 is terrible but too ashamed of trading or selling guess going to give up the ghost let it sit right in front of my home until a cement truck or drunk driver comes flying pass by will damaged it for good. The engine is costly in repairs...Tranny blew five times and all window motors have all mind of its own paid so much. The main repairs are very expensive like engine and trannies fixing in high bills one day it left me stranded the mechanic couldn't figure out what is the cause of these things happening to my Explorer. Put lots of faith into my truck because of last Ford I've owned now had nothing but problems after purchased my Explorer in 2007 with 0 miles gave me so much trouble. Spent lot on brakes changed pads/calipers now its another problem got take back into shop for tomorrow something is wrong with brake lines even the ABS indicator light flashing after this last repair will be taking off the tags and dropping insurance off it than look at another really good dependable vehicle until figure out what kind of make and model want to drive as my next new car purchased.
I bought the Taurus in 2000 with 50k miles.) doing that amount of time car was very reliable now here it is mid 2015 as I will say the Taurus is a wonderful car. Replaced air filters at (107K), had 1 alternator went at (85K,) and one of the bearings went (110K,). Car doesn't suffer any burning oil but I did get camshafts replaced in '11 and in early 2013 replaced original crankshaft. People gave the nickname of Ford (FOUND ON THE ROAD DEAD) thankfully my '95 Taurus has really been one of the best vehicles ever owned. Still comfortable car though body/interior are in good shape car isn't beautiful as buying something like a Toyota at least I'm on the '95 original tranny and engine get low maintenance as have regular oil changes 2400 miles not a single issue. Very happy that still driving this car at 285,000 miles as one of the reviewers '95 had 307K, hopefully mines tick at 500K, runs smooth. I can't part with my car dependable ever lasting on roads its all original this vehicle shows no signs of breaking down or retiring at higher mileage this car has on original odometer. Would recommend buying the Taurus as a cheaper affordable vehicle that will last with getting it well maintained doing regular oil changes and changing minor stuff as needed.
Best fun car I have ever had. I am original owner of my 2005 GT Mustang coupe looks like ten years ago purchased off the Ford dealers lot. Now a decade later driving my car 80,000 miles she still rides smooth being a tidy bow ever owned this car is very flawless. Did put in through the test driving to NY but never did disappoint me driving with stainless steel interior with a beautiful maroon color exterior. Has automatic and 6 cylinder the handles beautifully can't believe actually still driving my Mustang. For a sports car gets good fuel economy and with cost of maintenance this car is not bad at all running on Synthetic oil runs forever. I've had several mechanics telling me this car will last another 60,000 miles doing excellent job keeping up the low maintenance does have some hail damage some body parts otherwise car is a beast ever. Overall still having lots of fun driving my Mustang excellent performance replaced just the minor things as a normal vehicle needs after been driving a while. Wouldn't trade my Mustang for another or look getting new vehicle purchased because this car is running fine at now driving it 140,000 miles no mechanical issues out of nothing I would recommend getting this car absolutely love my Mustang best car ever purchased being first Ford product.
Good car and its good on gas. Bought the little Ford Focus used in 2011 with 43,000 miles now this car is most dependable ever never put repairs until getting new A/C condenser. Runs well no other problems with Focus no rust living in Ohio this car might be better than a Civic or Corolla of this effective year. I have automatic tranny shifts smooth no problems out jerking or hesitation gets 35 mpg. Just love my 2007 Ford Focus it was a Enterprise rental but shipped to a small local dealer for me in purchasing a low priced budget car. Steering can be lacking and did get 5th set of brakes changed at 118,000 miles might coming from car being driven as rental getting all brakes replaced but engine is better with lots of good performance for small four banger motor just love my little Ford best purchased I've made.
We purchased our Aerostar new '95 now put 400,000 miles running on original engine/tranny. I did get things replaced as fuel injectors, valves and 2 head gaskets but the Aerostar never once ran hot in the California heat. Absolutely appreciate how the van did us well its comfortable has everything working best even windows goes up/down and cruise control switch still works great. Original paint emerald green forest holding up well has the factory steel hubcaps that came manufactured with van its all best ever. We thinking of now purchasing a new vehicle since driven the Aerostar 400,000 miles but hate get rid of it because somebody might let the crane take it away for cash for clunkers. My wife wants to keep as second handed thinking hard of doing I love this van taking excellent family trips from CA TO NY and across country never once stopped on us mean we had it loaded with families and things on long distances trips its a beast ever owned. THANK YOU FORD!!! Why did you quit making vans?
I brought my 2005 ford explorer love it until at 50,000 had to buy tires, brakes, alternator, fix the auto seat on driver side and now I have that famous crack on the back of the hitch and sat 80,000 I just replaced the transmission. I brought 2 new vehicles from ford in 2005 and I don't think I will buy anything else from them. My 2005 F-150 truck has had a lot of parts replaced and repaired and it has about the same amount of miles on it. Ford you have lost a repeat customer. NEVER NEVER again Ford you SUCK
Currently have 185k miles on my 2WD,2.3L. 5 spd stick, standard cab Ford Ranger. Had 136 k on it in 2013 and drove from WA State to Deadhorse,AK (5 miles from the Arctic Ocean) and back. At Tok Junction ,AK drove onto the scales at 5180 GVW. Got 29.5 MPG from Fairbanks to Seattle ! Ford needs to start building these again.
I bought my Expedition in July 2001 has 305,452 miles. Never had problems except for brake wear plus had a light indicator on dashboard but mechanic fixed couple things as lasted for 16 years. Rides, drives and comfortable still peppy its probably better than newer Expeditions might be wrong - I absolutely love this SUV. Everything is great on this SUV very fast with lots of power have done on plenty of trips plus been through chains still very dependable. Did get routine stuff done after my 100,000 mile scheduled maintenance its working even engine and transmission are both still original. Overall I really have so much fun driving the Expedition though single its the best ever owned after owned few cars in the past Expedition is my favorite vehicle had.
I bought my 2006 Taurus in 2007 with 8,000 miles. It was a dealer show car. It has ran very well. Had to replace the starter at 100,000 miles. Have done regular maintenance, oil, tires,etc. Now has 110,000 and starts with no problem, milage is still right on, runs like a charm. It has been a good car.
I had, a 1996 Ford Mustang, it was a great car, I had it for 13 years, it was dependable, it ran great, even though i did not do a lot of upkeep for it. No complaints about it, just the last years I had the car, it started finally falling apart. Had to day good bye to it. I would get another Mustang.
My 2006 Ford Explorer just clicked 200,000 miles. Only substantial repairs have been U-bolts and a water pump.
I bought a 2006 Ford Taurus in 2013 about 6 mths in I needed a catalyc converter; about a year after that I needed a starter; Currently my exhaust system is done!!!!! I was also told the suspension will need to be repaired on the front and back. I bought this car with 81,000 miles on it.
I bought my Ford 500 brand new in 2005. This has been the BEST car EVER - the ONLY time it has been in the shop was ONCE - for the a/c compressor. It now has almost 100,000 miles on it - it also has the AWD CVT transmission. I would highly recommend this car. The only brand of car I will drive is FORD- to me - they make the best cars and trucks on the road
I have a Taurus 2000 and it is a good driving car I received this from a relative after he had it for about 6 yrs after purchasing it brand new. He had to replace the engine for whatever reason paid by the factory. No problems there. It is a good driving car but now I wouldnt trust it with too much long distance driving. It needs some repairs its old. Rusting is a problem around the back wheels which I seen on many on the models and with the hard winter, rusting on the sides and underneath would cost a fortune to repair. Some how I hate to replace the car itself it has been wonderful reliable vehicle and could go more miles after 139,900. The problems i now face with repairing is electrical (door), rusting, possibly a wheel bearing (tire making a lot of loud noises, a new paint job on the body to remove hit and miss rust spots and to bring back that nice red color
I'm probably one of the FEW people left who have owned this truck since new...17 years now. I bought this truck at the beginning of the LARGE SUV heyday and gas was a $1.25 a gallon!! Overall, this truck has been SUPER reliable. It has a few design weaknesses, but no real surprises. The things it falls short on, were evident on day one; it guzzles gas and the early models are underpowered and only tow about 1/2 the tow rating well. I have 130,000 miles on it. Pretty low for it's age. I have only fixed and replaced little things. Brakes are a weak point because they were too small from the get-go; they warp disks before the pads wear out. Just replaced the starter after 16 years; it was getting tired. The 4 wheel drive system and powertrain have been pretty bullet proof. A/C system was undersized for this size vehicle, especially in hot/humid climates, but have not even recharged the system in 17 years. I've never had to replace the muffler or even a light bulb. General fit and finish and Ford's lousy paint job complaints are my biggest gripes and all came with the vehicle. If you can afford the gas, there are few vehicles out there with this much overall space and utility!
I bough4 my super used 2006. She now has 85,000 miles on her. I haven,t had any major problems yet other than an alternator. This truck has pulled out other vehicles from the mud/snow banks. (They weren,t Fords) I plan to keep her as this is the best year for the ps 7.3 engine. I have freinds with 350,000 and higher still going down the road. I average about 1,800 miles a year with her and during the winter I will put one ton of pellets in her once a month for 7 months. It,s about 10 miles from the store to home and she handles it all with no complaints. I would never put this much weight in the back on another make of truck. Don,t trust them.