Mini Cooper Reviews

Mini Cooper Reviews and Owner Comments

I have had catastrophic failures before 45,000miles. I have brought it to the MINI service center for these failures, including: replacing spark plugs, faulty coil pack, catalytic converter failure, on-board computer replacement, total replacement of the transmission and currently, the solenoid valve replacement which is not yet fixed. Researching: WMWMF33518...Engine/Exhaust System Problem/Engine and Engine Cooling Problem WMWMF33548...Engine/Exhaust Systme Problem WMWMF33528...Manifold/Header/Muffler/Tailpipe Problem WMWMF33508...Manifold/Header/Muffler/Tailpinpe Problem
I have a Sept. 2004 model Mini Cooper S and have now driven (as at April 16 2013) 278,000 kilometres throughout Australia. I spend a lot a time on the road, western highways and up the Pacific Coast Sydney, Canberra, Byron Bay, Gold Coast to Cairns, even Cooktown. A fun car and only a few relatively minor annoyances (and only one flat tyre with no run-flats as I got rid of them after first 33,000kms.). But in recent months there is a definite supercharge lag,, engine tends to errrr, even a faint burn smell when I accelerate particularly gears three to six at speeds 80km/h 110/kmh. Any suggestions on problem? email Ross at irbyro@gmail.com
How do you fix the rear seat releases? Should be a recall on these. Please help
LOVE THIS CAR! Awesome in the snows of New England, very reliable and so fun to drive. Made it my only car and haven't had any issues.
DO NOT BUY A 2002 TO 2006 MINI COOPER.... WARNING!!!!TRANSMISSION PROBLEM!!!...
This is a really reliable car. It's not quite as reliable as the 2007, which was a major model upgrade and has much more BMW parts in it, but it's still a great car that doesn't spent much time in the repair shop. Compared to my Mazda MX6, it was more reliable.
Great car. Mine is a Cooper S with the JCW air intake/exhaust add-on. Fun to drive. Plenty of front seat legroom (and I'm 6'2"). Rear seat is usable in a pinch, even by me, if the person in front moves the seat up a bit. The supercharged engine has plenty of pep. In fact, I used to have an early '80s Porsche 911 and this car is almost just as fun to drive as the Porsche! Just be careful of the terrific torque steer to the right when starting aggressively from a standing stop. This thing will squeal the tires in the first 3 gears without really trying. So far, it's been reliable and low-cost on the maintenance. There are some interior rattles, but nothing obnoxious yet. If you are thinking of buying a MINI, you need to know they do NOT come with a spare tire, so they are equipped with run-flat tires that are expensive to replace. That wasn't a deal breaker for me, though.
Overall, this has been a great car for me. I've put a little over 60k miles on it in 5 years and had a few issues in the first couple of years that were fixed free of charge by the MINI dealer. If I recall, there was an issue with the suspension, the rattle under the dash that almost all the MINI's seemed to have at one point or another, and the problem with chips/cracks in the windshield due to the angle of it. Everything else has performed almost flawlessly and it's still a lot of fun to drive.
Handles and brakes really well. Super fun to drive, however I did have the automatic transmission failure that is mentioned here, fortunately it was still under warranty. Gotta love the great mileage too!
One of the best handling cars on the planet sub super car.
I'm very happy with the car's overall performance and love the interior and body design.