Honda Reviews

Honda Reviews and Owner Comments

I have 70,000 miles on my 2008 honda accord. Every 20,000 miles I have to replace brakes. I have A/C problems, blows hot air (off and on). I had VTC changed under TSB at 55,000 miles and now the same engine problem is occuring, which i will have to pay for. It goes through oil (consuming) it. I have to add a quart every 2,000 miles. Recently, the starter went out $500 and the power steering pump was replaced ($400) because they said it was leaking too bad and would cause an engine fire. Both not under warranty or recall (honda said) I contaced NHTSA as well as Honda America. Honda America is ignoring me.....I HATE MY HONDA ACCORD.....and i will never buy another one. I HATE HONDA AMERICA !!!!! HORRIBLE CAR. I plan to sue them......
test review
Owned since new. Great car. Have 171k miles on it. Have replaced struts all around, engine and transmission mounts, and alternator. Front wheel bearings are making a bit of noise and will get replaced this week. Great in snow. Plan to drive it until it hits 300k and then give to one of the grandkids.
we bought the car new 1998 it reached 196000 no problems for the last 15 years average cost normal maintenace last year changed radiator my fault did not remembered to change antifreze,easy fixed did it myself thanks to you tube for info. love my honda ,people follow me to buy my honda will not sell even after 16 years ,it is paid off who wants to spend 36000.00 again convinced my husbend to by civic for him, he loves it
Bought new in 1999, and now has 130K miles. I have replaced the ignition coil ($60), radiator ($240), two inside door handles ($40 ea.) and 3 sets of tires. All scheduled maintenance has been done. It needs McPherson Struts right now, but am putting it off (they are $350 to $400 installed). Frankly it has been a GREAT car. I consider it VERY low maintenance. Plan to drive it another 50K miles.
In September of 2010, I chose to buy a car HONDA INSIGHT, as between the various brands that offered similar vehicles with low fuel consumption and equipped with innovative technology, I decided to put the utmost confidence in this car maker who enjoyed, and enjoys an excellent reputation worldwide. In order to buy the car, I went to the Honda's Agent, at that time, present in my city, after a few months, unfortunately, neither the aforesaid Agent, nor any other new Agents, accounted any more HONDA! The discomfort was remarkable because, in order to perform routine maintenance on my HONDA INSIGHT, I had to ask every time a day off to get to the nearest Honda authorized workshop, since needing driving 170 km away for round trip. I continued, however, to be fully convinced of the purchase that I made, and even in spite of the commercial assessment of the vehicle that, after only two years, had already fallen to about seven thousand euro against the euro diciottomilacinquecento paid. I didn't care about that assessment, because I preferred the aforesaid car with conviction, since I always felt very satisfied, I would never wanted to sell it. A few weeks ago, just Monday, October 13, 2014, the car suddenly stops and no longer working the speed gears, neither forward nor backward; it creaks, but nothing to do, does not move! I call the tow truck and not knowing where to turn in the city, having, among other things, go to work, I decide to park the car in front of my house and, simultaneously, hire a new car. In the following days, since HONDA assistance was not present in the city, I asked advice from some mechanical technicians, whom working for other car manufacturers, they agreed on a possible speed gears breaking, or clutch breaking, solvable by an authorized Honda workshop by costing of nine thousand Euros plus VAT and labor. What to do? Which hypothesis to consider? a) Look for a diagnose by an authorized Honda service center, and then, to do so, require the help of a tow truck for 170 km. and, most likely, I will have to decide whether to repair a car, currently worth about four thousand Euros, spending about double, if not the triple, of value of my car; b) Demolish the car, after only four years of purchase, with an immense displeasure and the deep feeling of having got a real cheat, which inevitably produces a great desire to spread out around the world, and in all languages, what has happened to me; c) Claiming of my rights since the car in question does not have the quality and performance which are normal in goods of the same type that the consumer can reasonably expect, given the nature of the property and any public statements (advertising etc.), by the seller or the manufacturer. (... In fact, it was impossible to foresee that I was buying a car that, after only four years of use, it would submit malfunctions such to have to be scrapped). However, considering that probable it's an exceptional event, before choosing, I asked for two times, amicably, a support to "HONDA MOTOR EUROPE LTD" explaining what happened and asking for their cooperation, their suggestions, their recommendation or, perhaps, only one word, that maybe it could at least assist me in reaching a point of care HONDA, where you can determine with certainty the type of breakdown that occurred. None of this, Honda Italy, neither concessions virtuous, nor even an answer! NOTHING about anything! Honda has decided to regard his client NOT worthy of consideration, as it were transparent, insignificant. EVERY THING ABOVE WRITTEN IS DOCUMENTED! PLEASE YOU USE ONE’S OWN JUDGEMENT, IS HONDA A SERIOUS COMPANY? I CAN ONLY SAY: WARNING, IF YOU THINK TO BUY A CAR, DO SO IN ANY WAY, MAKE SURE THAT IS NOT AN HONDA. HONDA IS NOT THE A RELIABLE COMPANY HONDA VEHICLES ARE NOT RELIABLE AT ALL - BAD SERVICE. BEWARE, WHAT HAPPENED ME, CAN HAPPEN TOMORROW TO YOU. HONDA IN MY CASE HAS DONE A CONDUCT IN ALL ITS DEPARTMENT TO VERY LOW LEVEL. HONDA DID NOT CARED ABOUT PRESTIGE THAT ALSO A SINGLE CUSTOMER CAN GIVE TO A COMPANY. HONDA, HAS TAKEN ME AWAY EIGHTEEN THOUSAND EUROS WITH THE SALE OF A "CAR" THAT HAS REVEALED TO BE A REAL SCRAP. JUST STAY AWAY FROM HONDA! EVERY THING ABOVE WRITTEN IS DOCUMENTED!
I HAVE PROBLEM MY CAR DIED EVERY OTHER NIGHT. CHANGE BATTERY AND ALSO ALTERNATOR. CHANGE THE ALARM CERBERUS. I DON'T NOT WHAT ELSE TO DO,I TRIED EVERYTHING PEOPLE SUGGEST ME.
Have a little over 60k miles after 2 years and we bought it new December 2012. Great gas mileage and I find it fun to drive. Short wife drives it mostly ... a little small for me, I am 6'4" and very fat. But I still love this car. Only regular maintenance done with exception of an oil pressure switch replacement at 60K which I frankly think should not have happened. I do pamper the cvt changing filters and fluid sooner than manufacturer recommendation. We are in coastal Georgia where it is flat and not much traffic. Note that in economy mode the air switches off when stopped ... a little inconvenient in the sweltering Georgia summers. I looked at a Prius first and hated the Prius. I would buy again ... if they had not discontinued the 2nd generation Insight. I have read that at 120k these begin to burn a little more oil ... guess will see about that since I drive my cars until the wheels fall off ... figuratively speaking that is. By the way the price you can get one for now is a screaming deal for this realiable quality car. Granted you do eventually get stuck with the cost of the hybrid battery eventually but if you drive a ton of miles the gas savings kind of make up for it I would think.
I have owned two Hondas before with no problem even after ten years of hard driving all made from Japan. I got this lemon made in Alliston, Canada. Bought Brand New and I only have sixty thousand miles on light use. Air-condition gave way, cabin light replaced, tirod replaced twice, switch on power window on the drivers side replaced, Crack on plastic the driver's air bag replaced, front brakes need to replaced with less than 25,000 miles. Keys transmitter replaced and now roof molding need to be replaced cost around 300 dollars. This car is really a piece of crap. Not buying another Honda made in North America.
Have a 2009 2-DR V6 EXL accord and I LOVE it! I've had it since 2010-cert. pre-owned from Manchester Honda and cannot say one bad thing!! Came with 8K miles. Now has 70K. I've had to replace all 4 brakes, needed new batery last winter but that is about it! All that is basic car care. Oil has been fine. So far this car has been worth every penny. I plan on selling next fall (2016) only because it's a 2-dr and we plan on starting family. If it wasn't for that, I'd have this car as long as I could!!
I bought mine brand new in 08 and I absolutely have put it through its paces. Its manual and while the clutch clicks a bit, it hasn't gone out and everything shifts smooth. I replaced the alternator at 80k, other than that, I've only replaced wearable parts (brake pads, tires, batteries). Great car, multiple cross country trips I do a lot of highway driving, probably close to 95% these days. Interior has a bit of a rattle in the back, and I wish I had purchased leather seats for durability. I'm still averaging 30-31 miles a gallon as well.
I bought my Honda civic coupe, used with 38000, miles. I took two trips to El Paso Texas, from Palm Desert Ca. approximately 750 miles. I spent two weeks in El Paso visiting places, the first trip, and one week the second trip, and the trips were about a week apart. I went by myself the first time, and took four people the second trip. Bottom line I put this car to the test. I absolutely love it, paid 15000, dollars. So far no issues. I love the fact that it tells you how long before you run out of gas. It is very classy looking, and shifts very smoothly. I would like to say , its been already about three months, and I just love it. love it love it. Very economical too, at 39/ hwy, and approx 29, city. If your looking for an economy car, other then a hybrid, this is the one for you. only 4 cylinder. Very nice very nice.
Very fast powerful car. I have SI sedan engine is superb love digital tachometer sporty and comfortable automatic trans is smooth while I have agile handling. It is a decent car love everything on it would recommend buying a Civic but now shopping for a Pilot.
Pleased with my Civic VP love it runs like a champ. Bought used 10 years ago very comfortable still in good shape. It has 130k miles got timing belt changed few months ago. Civic rides and drives great has good power with the V-Tec motor lots perfect acceleration. I did get another vehicle a '14 Altima SV but kept the Civic when driving to work used as daily driver love both cars especially my Altima. I would buy imports now they are very dependable.
Vibration at 600 miles no need for a new car to have this problem. I hope Honda comes up with a solution and reimburse their customers I was told by dealers it's normal but I am not pleased with driving a car shakes so badly.
This is a piece of junk I will never buy a Honda again. Took into dealership the A/C blows hot air after warranty was up had to spend $145 on a new compressor. At 87,000 miles my car is burning oil did smell antifreeze mechanic said that my dipstick was dry needed oil rings and pistons still didn't help. The brakes are the main problem besides anything else on this car spent money getting new brakes it's sad we buy cars but don't tend be reliable as I thought Hondas were made to last should have never got this car. I really in processing of trading it in on Toyota and never buy another Honda again they are not what they used to be.
I bought mine new in 1999. I love it, still! Fun to drive, holds everything. Had some issues with the exhaust. Rust belt living, bad repairs?? maybe. It has exceeded my expectations with maintenance. The only real issue is the rear tailgate latch. It fails and locks up needing replacement. Honda has fixed this in newer CRV's. I would love to buy a new one and keep my 1999 as a second car.
I have 2006 Honda Accord, the car is perfect, actually, just having 2 weakness points in it: Engine: Despite its power and fast response, it is not quiet engine, you always hear noises coming from the engine although adjusting the valve clearance, and using different grades of oil. I found out that all 2003 till 2012 V-Tech Engines are noisy by default. Heat: when you drive for a long way, or getting up hills, the console under the Parking Brake Pedal gets warm/hot coming from the Catalytic Converter Exhaust that is under it, i have solved this issue by adding an extra heat shield for it. Generally, the car is perfect, nice features, nice Clusters ill lights, poor low CD stereo sound, powerful, reliable, nice tail looking with LED lamps, wide seating interior, well sealed when you close the windows, low fuel consumption, safe, noise beeping reminder on 120KM (on some models).. My problem is i'm an Accord fan, my next will be the 2013-up Accord. Hope i was useful.
Great Truck. Just turned 475500km on my 2006. I took the risk to do the TB at 160000km and it is going in for its 3rd one tomorrow. It has it's original exhaust and emissions equipment. The engine is still strong and the transmission has never skipped a beat. Other than a few minor interior dash lighting issues this vehicle has never let me down. Just do the maintenance as required with the exception of the timing belt and your good.
Perfect car from honda, powerful,smooth, 160000 no big problem at all
garbage!!!
Bought 2009 Honda CRV new. At 25000, the steering box went. I was into my fourth year so no warranty. Now, at 36000 miles, the heater core is shot. I will never buy another Honda. I drove clunkers for almost 40 years and never had problems like this at such low mileage. Also, had to replace tires at 29,000 miles.
At 292,500 miles, this car is nothing short of amazing. Replaced the rear brakes myself about 9,000 miles ago now have to replace the front pads. These are the original pads! Have replaced the starter (By a repair shop), the radiator and the front engine mount myself, the rear engine mount (By the shop), this car seems to eat engine mounts. Replaced the spark plugs at 225K and the serpentine belt at 250k (Figured I was pushing my luck, but the belt looked new with no cracks in it at all). My A/C just stopped working and the location of the compressor seems to indicate a potential expensive repair. Given the advanced age of the drivetrain, I am contemplating repowering the car and driving it another ten years. I'm a life time Honda fan.
Honda pilot tourning model, drivers side not getting warm air. Was told heater core stopped up, even though I have had all required maintenance done ever since have had it . Bought new,extended warranty will not cover cost unless is defective. $ 1000 to fix + out over $2000 for a extended warranty.
I love my 2012 Honda Accord EXL. Very pleased!!!
My 2000 Honda Accord LX is a great car!! Very dependable!!
Has been a exclent van, have 212,000 M. Just replaced timeing belt, water pump, drive belts, had two broken motor mounts. Cost $1385 dollars. Work was done by Honda. Other things I hear about the odyssey I have not had. My Honda dealer don't charge what other people said they paid for motor mounts. I paid less than $700 FOR 2.
The car is a piece of crap. I have had problems with the car from the time that I bought it. The tires wore out in 6 months, the door locks did not work, the break system failed (at a cost of $3,000) the windows stopped working, on an on. I feel cheated because I thought Hondas were reliable- able to go $200,000 without a serious problem. I will never buy another Honda, ever.
It's a Honda CR-V, so the ride is similar to an amusement park bumper car ride -- very little comfort but it still runs fine. Oddly, the front seats are rubbing against metal each time we sit on them and the cushion is actually being grated away and finely ground cushion is always visible below the outside of both seats... and no, we're not overweight. Recently the passenger door lock has decided to unlock itself while moving and it cannot be locked manually. This is a tremendous security risk and thus far, even though there has been a recall of many other CR-Vs with this issue, Honda is not honoring that recall on my vehicle which seems very odd to me since it's the same issue. I guess I should have stuck with Ford, as my husband wished. This is my second Honda and after my first one seized up due to a timing belt issue that was later recalled, I should have learned my lesson and stayed away. This will definitely be my last Honda.
I thought my brand new 2008 Honda accord would be my dream car but I was wrong. I too have problems with the rear brakes, air conditioner, a $700.00 repair to fix a sensor light but my biggest disappointment is the cheap interior console trim. At first it got stretchy then just tore apart. Dealer said it's normal wear and tear (??) and a letter and pictures to Honda's deaf ears....would I recommend a Honda...think not