Honda Reviews

Honda Reviews and Owner Comments

I love my 2000 Honda odyssey. It has 292,754 miles and still running. Only have one issue and it's with the dash lights staying on followed by total loss of power. Hoping it's just the alternator. My odyssey has been a life saver and for it being 16 years old with high mileage and only having this one issue IM SOLD ON THE HONDA ODYSSEY!! My family wont own any other mini van.
I purchased the 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring in 2005 and have averaged $12,00.00 per year for maintenance. I have 153,400 miles and I have replaced the PAX tires three times at $1,300.00 each time. I think I am about to replace the tires again. I just finished doing a maintenance summary with Excel and I was surprised how much money I have spent on the Honda van.
Great, tough, car! Have wrecked it twice once in back and once in front and you can hardly tell if at all. Great gas mileage, about 25-30 mpg. Cheap to work on, rarely ever has problems and when and if it does it's usually minor, or just a little kink. Very reliable transportation. Fun to drive, great for learning stick shift if you're a beginner (car I learned on, had no idea how to drive 5 speed and learned within 1-2 weeks) Great for a first car, basic but nice interior. Only complaint I have is there's no storage at all (no cup holders, no door holders, small glovebox) other than that it's a great, fun, nice, comfortable, peppy little car. Drives nice, accecelorates nice and fast, and is great for customizing or changing stock to aftermarket. I absolutely love my 91 Civic and look forward to having it for a very long time, if you take proper care and maintanence it will last forever. I've known people close to 300,000 miles whose still drove like new. *based off of 1991 Honda Civic Dx Sedan 5 Speed Manual
we love our 2010 CR-V, we bought it new and has 68k miles, so far no mechanical problems, just a dead battery issue once, which was weird, because the were no warnings and we were driving it, then we stopped for gas and after it would not start, needed a jump start, replaced the battery and no problems since.
I have owned my 06 exl with nav for 3 years. It's been a great car. I do make sure to flush transmission fluid every 5k miles just to be on the safe side. It is generally reliable. I have replaced the power steering hose and an o-ring and rear brake rotors as well as front pads/rotors. Nothing major. Will definitely consider buying another Accord.
I just purchased a 2002 Accord EX (4cyl Auto w/163000miles) from my sister last month. She purchased it new and had all service done at the dealer.
She kept meticulous records in a binder on everything she had done to the car. Was I impressed. For the price I couldn't pass it up for a 2nd bang around car.
Jury is still out on reliability, but so far it runs like a champ. If the tranny goes south, I'll just get out from under it. I have nothing to loose. Who knows I just may fix it.
I have a 2013 Honda Accord (lease) with 17,000 miles on it. I have already replaced the starter (covered) and today was told the reason my air conditioning does not work is because of two holes in the air conditioning condenser caused by "road debris." The cost to fix this problem is approx. $600.00. Mostly labor. This is not covered by the 3 yr./36,000 mile warranty. In my research, it appears the damage caused by a design flaw. The condenser is too close to the grill allowing stones to damage the condenser. In 2012 Honda was sued, in a $40 million dollar class action law suit (Alin v American Honda Motor Co., Inc.) regarding this issue and yet no fix seems to be in the works. I could fix this today and have it happen again the way home. It seems Honda does not want to re-design and spend their money but have no problem taking mine. This is my last Honda.
Excellent car - I bought my 2012 Civic sedan new gets 38.4 mpg the car is solid. Very efficient and great handling being small car definitely roomy in class. Love my Civic no problems almost @ now 53,000 miles I've done nothing but scheduled routine oil changes and maintenance as is tire rotation, fluids and had all new brakes replaced/original. The Civic a peppy little car very comfortable rides decent & has excellent performance for four cylinder vehicle. Digital dash is unique it's a excellent car to be commuter around it was built well as a Honda product is supposed to be as this 2012 Civic LX Sedan so superb fantastic more reliable & efficient subcompact car.
Best little car I've ever had. 160K miles, and three real repairs: airco compressor failed (Honda replaced it), heater/airco fan failed a couple of years ago, and the clutch master cylinder went out last month. That's about it. Uses no oil, starts right up in below-zero weather. I've driven it over washed-out roads in the Colorado Front Range and the Dan Ryan Expwy. in Chicago. No surprises -- it just goes. Really can't say enough good about the Element.
AS MUCH AS I HATE TO ADMIT TO THIS - WE GOT A LEMON! WE'VE HAD OUR VAN SINCE 2007 AND HAD TO REPLACE THE COMPRESSOR 4 TIMES THE PAINT LOOKS BAD, HAD LOTS OF TROUBLE WITH ENGINE. WE REALLY THOUGHT HONDA
REPRESENTED QUALITY BUT WE LEARNED THE HARD WAY.
I bought the car in May of 2014 after my 1995 Mercury Cougar was in a accident. Love the Accord its a good dependable well made Japanese automobile ever made. The 4 cylinder is very powerful it runs and drives excellent. Within only one year my Accord has never experienced nothing bad did get few things all repaired but its a reliable car. Interior is like new and runs and drives smooth gets 30mpg has the EX-L package. I am the 3rd owner of this car purchased off ad for $3,580 was a good deal buying my Accord love every bit of this vehicle. Overall very fun driving no numerous repairs looked under hood believed last owner took excellent cared of this car even the spouse had let their teenager drive this car back in college. Got all the service records and maintenance the car needed couple things but after bought few little things happened so far its a sporty looking car with enough performance very reasonably to drive well maintained and believe it will go forever as have 224,000 miles all original without a single problem. I will always buy a old used car as a car like this one because they are trouble free built bulletproof with nothing but changing oil, plugs, tune ups and batteries replacements its a very highly reliable car probably better than my '95 Mercury which was a good car too.
I have had nothing but problems with mine. I had to put in a new transmission at 110k miles, new transfer case, new clutch, water pump, alternator, wiper motor, rear differential issues and had to have it drained and refilled a few times to clear out the sludge in it. I could go on and on. I have spent $8,000 in 4 years on repairs. Not including tune ups, valve adjustments, tires, oils changes and other regular costs. I want to sell it but every time I get it fixed I can not justify selling it after spending so much on it. I would never ever buy another Honda.
I bought my 2005 Pilot brand new and have had routine maintenance on it as suggested by the owners book. Just had the knock sensor harness replaced because some critter got to it and chewed it into two. Right now it has 215,000 miles on it, and still runs well. We like the car so much that we just bought the 2015 model. Gas mileage around town is crummy at 18 MPG, but we bought it because of its crash worthiness. Know of two people that owned one and theirs was totaled but they each walked away with minor injuries. Hopefully will not have to share any personal experiences.
I bought used in 2010 with 54,000 miles. Roomy and it's more comfortable than my 1996 traded on another used certified Honda put trust in the reputation. I see many of these on highways. I truly love my Accord got the LX which basic model but it's a good reliable car ever. In 2015 finally put 185K on odometer never once had this car to left me stranded on traveling CA freeways. It's dependable, affordable and runs like a new car like styling better than newer Accords in the later years this is the best car no minimal repairs it runs and drives sharp gets excellent mpg. Plan on driving my Accord until 400K love every bit of it maybe next couple more years when the newer Accords aged as my 2006 probably grow on me at the time did get a certified as did with my used one still runs like a new car or better.
Gets good mpg I believe purchased a good vehicle. I have had my 2003 Honda Element since new never once ever got $$$ things fixed in it all oil changes and checkups I'm good to go. It's a very reliable little SUV took 25 trips around the country even drove to Canada on one tank of gas left before filling up on way back home. Wish Honda never discontinued them because I would get another now have 158,000 miles runs as a brand new seems older cars much bulletproof than newer cars in 2015 if I'm wrong but my Element is a great vehicle drives excellent has lots of great things about it.
I researched all the cars in this class before I bought my civic lx coupe...and fell in love with Honda. Sure, it doesn't have as much ground effects as the Corrolla, but it is the safest car in it's class in the off center crash rating as well as other crashes. I agree with the very first review on this site in that if there's more than one person in the car, you can really tell the weight difference. I bought this car to commute 60 miles (one way) to work and LOVE THE DRIVE. The bluetooth phone and audio works flawlessly. The speed controlled volume is great. The 5 speed manual model has plenty of get-up and go...and you can really tell when the VTEC kicks in (even with the 1.8L). I loved it soo much that my fiancee bought a sedan and looked everywhere for a 5 speed sedan (of course that's about as easy to find as a honest politician). I would reccomend this car for someone on their own, with one other passenger or for families with very small (but not in car-seat) children. Sporty, Safe, roomy inside....LOVE IT.
This is the 3rd and LAST HONDA ACCORD that I will own. I feel in love with my husband's (then boyfriend), 1987 Accord Coupe, we married, had our first child and even after being flooded by Hurricane Floyd, had it repaired, with no problems and got over 240,000 miles. We wanted a Sedan, so I got a 2000 Accord...I drove it and got close to 290,000 miles BEFORE (drum roll), this 2008 Honda Accord. NOTHING BUT TROUBLE...from brakes, replacing headlights (which is a task in itself on this model), to my the VS system, which I was told was a timing chain, replaced the entire entire. I then find out there's a recall. So, $3000 later, I can't get it inspected because my dash is lit like a Christmas Tree and I've been told that I need a 1500.00 Internal Computer Module, AND this morning, it wouldn't crank AGAIN...The battery is good, the mechanic is saying its the starter, and that, because of the labor involved with taking the intake manifold off to replace the starter motor....
I bought the car used one year ago. I started with 55K, now at 68k. It is an EX-L V6. I have not experienced the problems listed below; however, the prior owner may have lived through them. I change the oil every 5k miles. The only areas where this car could have been better include body integrity (rattles) and brake noise (the lining is fine - just noisy ~ which I have experienced with other cars). Based on thoughts below, I suppose time will tell.
I bought this when my Mustang gave out. bought it brand new. I always heard Hondas where good cars but I was pretty impressed with how well this car handles, its a V4, with econ button, so I get on average, 34-37 Miles to the gallon, (its my work commute car) its got a great dash board, mostly digital, sept for some reason the rpm gauge. It has a hidden usb connector in the center console, where I plug in my flash drive and have 20 Gigs of my own music that it handles just fine. (wish it would display the music art, as it displays when I plug in the Ipod..) but its a nice system. All in all I would buy another Honda.
I have 170,000 miles on my 2006 Ridgeline. Only two minor recalls and no major repairs to date. Drove the first timing belt to 135,000 miles. The water pump was leaking but the belt looked good. Just now having some suspension work, new shocks and anti-sway clips replaced. Overall very, very happy with this truck. Runs smooth and quiet even today. Most friends want to buy one after riding in it. Love the driver's seat adjustments.
Do not buy this car if you have more than one person riding with you the backseat is horrible and in general the seats are uncomfortable my dad has one and I'm sorry to say that I miss the 1991 model we had much more room and Definitely more comfortable I'm all for the exterior design but the inside needs some work.
Bought this brand new in 05 and have loved it with 220000 miles on it,it just keeps going I'm definitely going to look at the 2015-2016 models.
1997 HONDA ACCORD LX - AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:
Have had numerous major costly repairs with the Honda Accord LX, 4 cylinder, automatic transmission.
Complete transmission failure at 55,000 miles, upper camshaft seal shifted, causing major oil loss, new starter, new radiator, near A/C compressor, new transmission solenoids, new altenator (replaced twice), and replacement of steering rack due to leakage from Honda continuing to use "rubber" instead of "silicone" which lasts much longer.
Would NOT purchase another Honda Accord LX - 4 cylinder, automatic transmission, with so many known issues by Honda Corporation, especially premature automatic transmission failure.
In my opinion, Honda Accord is no longer considered a reliable vehicle or good used car to purchase.
Please review NUMEROUS premature automatic transmission failures for all years of this model before considering purchasing.
Excellent savings on fuel. Love the hologram speedometer and built in G.P.S.. Engine does shudder at times. Overall, love this car. Love the Bluetooth function and dashboard set up. Not meant to carry 5 adults long distant. Love the U.S.B. plug in, with speaker plug in for cell phone or tablet. So far, has been a very reliable car. Owned it over 2 and a half years, have put over 70,000 miles, brought it with about 35,000 miles.
I have 70,000 miles on my 2008 honda accord. Every 20,000 miles I have to replace brakes. I have A/C problems, blows hot air (off and on). I had VTC changed under TSB at 55,000 miles and now the same engine problem is occuring, which i will have to pay for. It goes through oil (consuming) it. I have to add a quart every 2,000 miles. Recently, the starter went out $500 and the power steering pump was replaced ($400) because they said it was leaking too bad and would cause an engine fire. Both not under warranty or recall (honda said) I contaced NHTSA as well as Honda America. Honda America is ignoring me.....I HATE MY HONDA ACCORD.....and i will never buy another one. I HATE HONDA AMERICA !!!!! HORRIBLE CAR. I plan to sue them......
Owned since new. Great car. Have 171k miles on it. Have replaced struts all around, engine and transmission mounts, and alternator. Front wheel bearings are making a bit of noise and will get replaced this week. Great in snow. Plan to drive it until it hits 300k and then give to one of the grandkids.
we bought the car new 1998 it reached 196000 no problems for the last 15 years average cost normal maintenace last year changed radiator my fault did not remembered to change antifreze,easy fixed did it myself thanks to you tube for info.
love my honda ,people follow me to buy my honda will not sell even after 16 years ,it is paid off who wants to spend 36000.00 again convinced my husbend to by civic for him, he loves it
Bought new in 1999, and now has 130K miles. I have replaced the ignition coil ($60), radiator ($240), two inside door handles ($40 ea.) and 3 sets of tires. All scheduled maintenance has been done. It needs McPherson Struts right now, but am putting it off (they are $350 to $400 installed). Frankly it has been a GREAT car. I consider it VERY low maintenance. Plan to drive it another 50K miles.
In September of 2010, I chose to buy a car HONDA INSIGHT, as between the various brands that offered similar vehicles with low fuel consumption and equipped with innovative technology, I decided to put the utmost confidence in this car maker who enjoyed, and enjoys an excellent reputation worldwide.
In order to buy the car, I went to the Honda's Agent, at that time, present in my city, after a few months, unfortunately, neither the aforesaid Agent, nor any other new Agents, accounted any more HONDA! The discomfort was remarkable because, in order to perform routine maintenance on my HONDA INSIGHT, I had to ask every time a day off to get to the nearest Honda authorized workshop, since needing driving 170 km away for round trip.
I continued, however, to be fully convinced of the purchase that I made, and even in spite of the commercial assessment of the vehicle that, after only two years, had already fallen to about seven thousand euro against the euro diciottomilacinquecento paid.
I didn't care about that assessment, because I preferred the aforesaid car with conviction, since I always felt very satisfied, I would never wanted to sell it.
A few weeks ago, just Monday, October 13, 2014, the car suddenly stops and no longer working the speed gears, neither forward nor backward; it creaks, but nothing to do, does not move! I call the tow truck and not knowing where to turn in the city, having, among other things, go to work, I decide to park the car in front of my house and, simultaneously, hire a new car.
In the following days, since HONDA assistance was not present in the city, I asked advice from some mechanical technicians, whom working for other car manufacturers, they agreed on a possible speed gears breaking, or clutch breaking, solvable by an authorized Honda workshop by costing of nine thousand Euros plus VAT and labor.
What to do? Which hypothesis to consider?
a) Look for a diagnose by an authorized Honda service center, and then, to do so, require the help of a tow truck for 170 km. and, most likely, I will have to decide whether to repair a car, currently worth about four thousand Euros, spending about double, if not the triple, of value of my car;
b) Demolish the car, after only four years of purchase, with an immense displeasure and the deep feeling of having got a real cheat, which inevitably produces a great desire to spread out around the world, and in all languages, what has happened to me;
c) Claiming of my rights since the car in question does not have the quality and performance which are normal in goods of the same type that the consumer can reasonably expect, given the nature of the property and any public statements (advertising etc.), by the seller or the manufacturer. (... In fact, it was impossible to foresee that I was buying a car that, after only four years of use, it would submit malfunctions such to have to be scrapped).
However, considering that probable it's an exceptional event, before choosing, I asked for two times, amicably, a support to "HONDA MOTOR EUROPE LTD" explaining what happened and asking for their cooperation, their suggestions, their recommendation or, perhaps, only one word, that maybe it could at least assist me in reaching a point of care HONDA, where you can determine with certainty the type of breakdown that occurred.
None of this, Honda Italy, neither concessions virtuous, nor even an answer! NOTHING about anything!
Honda has decided to regard his client NOT worthy of consideration, as it were transparent, insignificant.
EVERY THING ABOVE WRITTEN IS DOCUMENTED!
PLEASE YOU USE ONE’S OWN JUDGEMENT, IS HONDA A SERIOUS COMPANY?
I CAN ONLY SAY: WARNING, IF YOU THINK TO BUY A CAR, DO SO IN ANY WAY, MAKE SURE THAT IS NOT AN HONDA.
HONDA IS NOT THE A RELIABLE COMPANY
HONDA VEHICLES ARE NOT RELIABLE AT ALL - BAD SERVICE.
BEWARE, WHAT HAPPENED ME, CAN HAPPEN TOMORROW TO YOU.
HONDA IN MY CASE HAS DONE A CONDUCT IN ALL ITS DEPARTMENT TO VERY LOW LEVEL. HONDA DID NOT CARED ABOUT PRESTIGE THAT ALSO A SINGLE CUSTOMER CAN GIVE TO A COMPANY.
HONDA, HAS TAKEN ME AWAY EIGHTEEN THOUSAND EUROS WITH THE SALE OF A "CAR" THAT HAS REVEALED TO BE A REAL SCRAP.
JUST STAY AWAY FROM HONDA!
EVERY THING ABOVE WRITTEN IS DOCUMENTED!