Reviews for BMW 325i years:

BMW 325i Reviews and Owner Comments

BMW 325iOwner Reviews (122 reviews)
    Visitor, Moorpark, CA, December 14, 2014 21:30
    I have had the cable break on the driver's front window 3 times also 2 times on the front passenger side and 1 time on the left back window.
    Visitor, Bethesda, MD, December 03, 2014 09:24
    I wrote a review here in Oct 2012, Well I'm happy to report the 325i is still running great! I did have to replace the fuel pump at 175k and the injectors, but after that its been like having a new car. I've since replaced my 325es and 330 convertible with a Mini Cooper convertible aka tiny race car BMW as my 3 year old calls it and a 2007 jeep Grand Cherokee, which was free. The 325 is still the best ride out there. I'll report back at 250k
    Visitor, North Andover, MA, June 07, 2014 09:20
    Bought 2006 BMW 325i in 2010 with 60K miles. Bought extended warranty that covered a few issues. It covered both rear window regulators, small tranny leak and coolant leak. Worked great until it hit 100K miles. Since then, I replaced water pump at 115K mile and starter at 125K miles. Everything else runs great. Rear drive axle just cracked due to terrible roads in Massachusetts cost me $475. Other than that, it now has 137K miles and I plan on keeping until it hits 200K or my daughter wants it in a few years.
    Visitor, Mcdonough, GA, February 24, 2014 18:05
    I have a 2003 325I ,with 90,000 miles. My aunt bought it new and had all the scheduled work done by dealer.She gave me the car with 39,000 miles. I have spent about 5,000.00 dollars in repair ,since i am not mechanical inclined,no repair is ever less than 500.Currently only one power window works,dealer wants 2500. to repair. The engine overheats if driven more than 10 miles. The car is beautiful inside and out,but just a nice looking pile of crap.If someone ever offers me a free BMW I will run the other way.
    Visitor, Las Vegas, NV, February 23, 2014 01:27
    I bought the car in late 2005 always having problem with rear windows on both side they won't go up even after dealer fixed them and the cup holder for driver side won't open for the last 2 years every time I fill up the gas and park in the garage there a strong smell of gas for few days and the trim on the door always pup out event I keep changing the screws
    Visitor, Cypress, TX, October 15, 2013 16:04
    what do you do if you changed the pvc valve hoses and the car was running but won't stop now what s the problem Anthony of Houston texas
    security problems, Oak Harbor, WA, June 20, 2013 09:59
    security system battery has gone dead security system will not allow me to start car .what can i do to over-ride the security system to start my car I bought the car second hand and it does not have the original radio and would that be a problem
    Visitor, Youngstown, NY, May 31, 2013 10:09
    in the car of middle has leak ,smell like gas , when it stop the car , after about hour half it was stop leak. use start the car that it happen again why... what happen..
    Visitor, Glendale, CA, April 18, 2013 18:34
    I love my car but it has had minor fix that have been pricie! Until I recently,I found this cite called RockAuto.com The only problem is my seat is stuck all the back and dont know what to replace!
    Visitor, Long Beach, CA, March 23, 2013 18:20
    I have a 2002 BMW 325i and its great 185000 and just breaking it in. I just have this recent problem, I was for a drive and out of no were my radio just turned off and since then I haven't been able to turn it on since its now going on for three days now. I've checked the fuses and there are fine. Has anyone had this problem and if so what is the problem and how to fix it?
    Alejandro Vargas, Fort Lauderdale, FL, March 21, 2013 12:58
    I bought my 2003 325i in April 2008 with 40K. Today with 165K, I have had to replace: 3 water pumps, 2 radiators, 2 cooling expansion tanks, one window regulator, 2 front bushings, 1 cooling fan, 1 gas pump, 1 alternator, 2 brake pads, and 1 battery . The cost of maintenance including oil changes, and repairs is close to $0.08/mile. Otherwise the car is a joy to drive, and it's very economical 25 MPG average on regular gas (Do not use premium). My last repair was caused because the cooling fan exploded and damaged the radiator, expansion tank, water pump, etc, and cut the hood ($600.00 for patching and painting). When I got the car I discovered it was a Demo (never, never get one), and a CPO, which wasn't very useful. I took the car to the dealer 6 straight times to fix a coolant leak, they couldn't. After my CPO warranty expired I had to replace my first water pump ($850).
    Visitor, Phoenix, AZ, March 18, 2013 22:56
    What does it mean when your 325i bmw rear right weel locks up and does not let the car go in drive or reverse
    Visitor, East Earl, PA, February 28, 2013 19:38
    I purchased my 2002 325i new in Dec of 02. Been driving it like a maniac ever since (now 2013). 242,000+ miles. I am getting a 2011 328i next week (company car..what can i say). The 325i though has been a fantastic car. Replaced the valve cover once, that's the farthest I've had to go in the engine. Other than that, replaced the alternator once, battery once, and all of the window regulators at least once (my only gripe). Also replaced the blower motor resistor numerous times (well I guess I had two gripes). Tires every 40,000, brakes every 40,000. Full synthetic every change. Nothing but high test. If I could find one with low mileage, I'd buy it in a heart beat. I love this car.
    AuburnTiger, Santa Fe, NM, February 14, 2013 23:42
    I absolutely LOVE this car! Sure, it has every problem common to this year model, but I was expecting it. Repairs [can] be expensive - even outrageous - if you are not comfortable with DIY. An example: power steering pump went out (known issue) and the dealer wanted $1070 to fix. I bought an improved pump that addressed the problem for $350 and installed it in about 2 hours. This fix was even easier than a GM. Yes, known problems with relatively inexpensive and quick fixes IF you are remotely competent with tools. I love everything about the car - performance, style and even making repairs. It truly is the "Ultimate driving machine."
    Visitor, Blaine, WA, December 05, 2012 16:25
    I bought my 2001 Bmw 325i and it is amazing I tested a race with my 2011 Honda Accord Ex-L 3.5 v6 and the 325i beat it big time and it only has a 2.5 V6. AMAZING CAR
    kenmaggard, Waco, TX, November 16, 2012 19:06
    Purchased a new 2006 325i in 2006. Factory warranty great til it runs out. The car has had nothing but problems: Interior-cup holders will not come out, stuck in closed position. Tried to get replacements at dealer, the replacements parts are no match for the originals according to the dealership. Engine: water pump goes out with less than 100k miles, cost $1200. Note: I have a 2001 Chevy suburban with 231k miles and I just replaced the 1st water pump at 221k. Electrical-both left and right blinkers went out due to faulty headlight assembly-repair cost $800. Both rear window regulars go out at the same time as the water pump, rear windows stuck in open position,(Note: the rear windows have never been rolled down), cost to replace windows regulars $1300. This car has not been abused it driven to and from work and some trips out of town, all service has been preformed at the dealership where we purchased the car. All of these repairs happened with in a 6 month period with a car with less than 100k miles. "Ultimate Driving Machine" I think not. One of the worst cars we have ever owned. This was our 1st BMW and it will be our last, we will go back a GM vehicle. Ken/Texas
    Visitor, Orange, TX, November 01, 2012 20:35
    I have a light vibration that starts around 25 MPH the dramatically increases as I accelerate. The car pulls out into a smoot run around 33 MPH then no more problems. Feel nothing as I decrease the speen so I know that its in the drive line but I took a look underneath the car and my God the driveshaft is located under the exhaust under a fire wall so before I tear into it I'd like to have a little conformation that the U-joint connecting the transmission from the driveshaft is the culprit. HELPPP
    Visitor, Bethesda, MD, October 12, 2012 07:24
    I bought my 325i brand new. I have also owned a 325es and a 330 convertible. However my 325i check engine light came on while on the freeway and I immediately pulled over. I had it towed to the dealership where they claim the engine lost compression due to a crack or warping. They claimed it was also the colling system. so after $2500 for an all new cooling system nothing worked and the thats when the claim that the engine block had craked or warped arose. BMW wanted $15,000 at the time to replace the engine. I lost my mind over that. So I searched online for a used motor. I found one with les mileage and a shop that would install it. So far its running great, a little louder that the original engine but we are looking into that. Also because I let the car sit for a year all passeneger regulators went bad. I had to replace those as well as all of the brake rotors and pads. Next is to get the rear lights fixed hopefully via the recall that I just happened to see on this site. Even with these issues I'd still recommend the BMW. The 325 had over 300,000 mile before my daughter totaled it and I'm sure I could of got another 300,000 if I kept it. The 330i had a head gasket issue but once fixed it was awesome. Nothing rides better than a BMW and having one repaired even to 60% of its value in this economy is a lot cheaper than buying a new one or even a used one.
    Visitor, Germantown, OH, October 10, 2012 01:11
    Purchased 2002 325i with 150k on it in 08. Since then I have put 70k miles on it and have had only minor problems since. What REALLY matters in purchasing a used vehicle (BMW) or otherwise is if the previous owner took care of the car. There are always occasional lemons for every make and model. Overall this has been "Anne" excellent vehicle. I have no complaints. Cheers!
    Visitor, Midlothian, VA, August 25, 2012 19:43
    I'm the original owner of a 1994 alpine white 325i. It's getting close to 150,000 miles, but still running the original exhaust (has been slowly going for 10 years) and clutch. How radical is that? Still no leaks whatsoever. Time is just beginning to deteriorate some items that weren't meant to last for 18 years. Still servicing it when the computer indicates, and installing a new set of tires every 55,000 miles. This car is amazing!
    bimmer4636, South Glastonbury, CT, August 18, 2012 10:49
    Contrary to other reviews this car has been extremely reliable. It has only needed oil, fluids and bushings. The power from the 184hp engine is amazing and transmission is as smooth as silk. The AC is surprisingly very cold and all electronics work great. The steering is tight and the car handles like a dream. The styling is timeless. All in all an excellent car.
    cityboy1, El Paso, TX, July 15, 2012 18:14
    Purchased when three years old with 35K, now at 91K. Replaced: Battery Starter Windshield pump Fan belt pulleys hydraulic pulley tensioner Three rubber type engine hoses Heater valve Heater temp. senser Reprogrammed door lock relay Sys. Thermostat Water pump Cooling expansion tank expansion tank thermostat VANOS Hose Oil filter housing gasket Two window regulators Problems with inside/outside trim Sorry, no more room.
    Visitor, Easton, PA, June 22, 2012 10:51
    boufgt used with 200000 miles so far no problems keep u updated
    Visitor, Ludowici, GA, June 12, 2012 14:43
    I bought my 2001 325i from a BHPH dealership, ya i know but really i have had non major problems and i drive constantly, i made freaquent trip from FT. Campbell to FT Stewart 9 hr drive and couldnt ask for better miles to gallon, on ly one fill up everytime. Recently had ignition coils replaced yet costly but has restored all lost power. Only problem now is i have this leak when i top off the gas tank and dont know if i can afford to take it in, wondering if someone has same problem and how to fix it..? thank... I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Visitor, Duluth, GA, June 10, 2012 20:22
    I bought new in 2001. I have 58k miles on, first 5 years with minor problems fixed in the dealer. Then replaced three regulators and one is bad again. water pump changed two years ago, I have been told it is leaking again, air conditioning is not functioning now. And its engine service soon light is on now. If fix it all it will cost more than 3k~4k. Mileage is so low, it seems I have to give it up.
    Visitor, Louisville, KY, June 04, 2012 10:30
    I bought my BMW new in 2002. I have 47K miles on her. I have replaced all four window regulatorsand am on my third battery. I love driving my car but I am also having the problem of it stalling when I am going very slow like to make a turn or pull up to gas pump. It always starts up again but this is very annoying and unsafe. When it stalls, I lose my power sterring. Repair shop did diagnostics but does not know why this happens. I hope to drive it ten more years!!
    Visitor, Culver City, CA, May 27, 2012 19:15
    My brother gave me his 93 BMW 325i and at first it was working good no problems what so ever in the first couple of years. or so i thought, until it started to give me some problems. first of all the car would turn on great but after a while when you wanted to turn it on again it wouldn't turn on anymore. At first i thought that it was the battery, but i knew that it couldn't be that because my brother had bought a brand new battery for it. That was one problem that occurred, after that i didnt use the car for a while and when i turned it on to let it heat up after it hadn't been on in while the car seemed to accelerate it self with the touch of any button and signal lever. till this day i have not been able to fix it due to the fact that i am still unsure of what the problem may be.
    Visitor, Glendale, AZ, May 25, 2012 12:31
    when engine is running no power to ac compressor,sunroof, power windows,blower motor and srs light on.engine off every thing get powers.
    Visitor, West Covina, CA, April 29, 2012 09:25
    I am the original owner of my '06 325i. Has 74,000 miles! First four years great with warranty, but hated taking in the car for constant issues. The BAD: Head gasket leak, $800. Brakes, $500 back, $650 front. Transmission oil leak, $800. Now, valve sensor went out, told a very common problem on these, $1000-because the head gasket has to be removed, I just paid for that! Windshield wiper pump failed, haven't replaced yet, Run flat tires replaced with regular tires, hope I don't get stranded one day. The worst part, warning lights keep going off. Even if you repair or maintain the car other than the dealer, lights remain on, Urghh! The GOOD: amazing handling, especially with the sport package I upgraded to, takes turns and curves like a porsche! Descent gas mileage. Love the bluetooth. Phenomenal handling and steering. Good safety, lots of airbags, curtains too, nice to know as I'm always taking my kid to and from school, soccer practice etc. I love the car, but I'm starting to have constant issues. Even the smallest repairs cost hundreds, hope I can afford to keep it, don't want another car payment.
    diggs, Kingsland, GA, April 10, 2012 07:24
    hi guys i have an 02 325i and just so you guys know the window regulator in this car is probably the easiest ive ever seen to replace oreilly auto parts sales the reg for about 60 bucks and there is three bolts holding it in all in all it took me about 20 mins to swap out the regulater and install the window motor very easy also for you enthusiast who want to squeeze a little more power out of the 2.5 add a k an n airfilter and cutoff the rear muffler and straight pipe it out the back not only does it free up a little horsepower but it gives it a great sound i must hand it to bmw they build a great motor and the sound mine has now is exactly how i want it to sound you see those cars on top gear and hear them and say man i wish mine sounded that way just cut huge muffler out and there ya go eventually plan on add a 3.0 twin turbo motor to mine
    Visitor, Long Beach, CA, March 17, 2012 02:01
    i flushed my car keys down the toilet. how much would it cost to get my car keys replaced?
    Visitor, Willow Street, PA, March 15, 2012 11:12
    I have a Black 1994 325is and its the best car i ever owned. My sister had a 2007 cadillac cts and my car will put it to the test,and thats years apart.The Body shape and overall design is great looking and it drives as good as it looks. I drove a bmw325ix 2006 adn my 94 was a way better drive. Awsome car!!!!
    Visitor, Fowlerville, MI, March 06, 2012 05:15
    Bought new and still have with 54K miles, it has been a great car other then a few here and there just like any other car. I tend to believe that those that had big issues with this car bought used, I wouldn't buy a used BMW as it is always expected that the previous owner in most cases leased it and drove it hard knowing that they are not keeping it. Buy new and you'll be happy, take care of it and it will take care of you!
    Visitor, Brooklyn, NY, March 02, 2012 19:29
    I purchased a 1991 325i that was not even running with 143k miles. I had it towed from the owners house to a shop to determine the problem. The mechanic said that the timimg belt had broken. He said, after changing the belt, the heads has to be serviced. I was told there were two burnt valves and has to be relaced. The mechanic estimated a cost of $1,500.00 to get this car running decent. I agreed to have it fix. Then I was told to change the water pump, that I had to pay for extra. The mechanic calls and tells me that the temperature gauge is not working and now its' a problem that an electrician has to repair, and mowe money out of my pocket. Now I feel like I'm being robbed because, I as the question, is it best to fix the problem, or install another engine. I figure for that price the car should be superb. Can anyone relate to this problem? Please respond.
    Dennis S, Kingwood, TX, January 29, 2012 16:43
    Bought a new 2003 325i. The car was fun to drive but the quality of fit and finish was terrible. The car came with the "premium package" which included leather seats and some "wood" trim on the doors. The trim fell off frequently and had to be repaired. The floor mates lasted about a year. This car was recently re-called to fix a grounding problem in the electrical system that caused the tail lights to burn out frequently. They finally found the problem after 8 years. Also, this and other years of the 325i are involved in a class action suit that claims the body separates from the frame under normal use. Finally, the dealers are the worst. The car comes with a 48K mile warranty and service included, but then the dealer tells you it doesn't need any. Oil changes at 15K miles and no tire rotation.. that's a joke. I sold this car in Jan 2012 with 52K miles on it and got $9,000. It had a few bumps and bruises; but not many. Carmax turned it around for almost $15K in a week or so. God help the poor bastard who owns it now. I bought a 2010 Acura TL with 17K miles and 3.5 year bumper to bumper warranty. We'll see how it goes.
    virenr, Waynesville, MO, January 11, 2012 06:34
    Purschased new now have 130,000 runs good and handles exceptionally well. have had 3 of the 4 regulators repalced for $900 so be expecting you too wil have the opportunity to visit your local Bimmer dealer. I too have brake light and battery indicator lights on the dash come on and off at times, also agree with the cost to service at the dealer is crazy, my mercedes service is cheaper than the BMW and the mechanics are TRUE experts. QUESTIONS: has anoyone heard a very failt noise from the center dash area with the key out and everything off? almost sounde like hissing very very faint. Also anyone know if it is possible to fix the radio on off volumn knob. Mine will not turn off until you try 10-20 times or more, volumn is ok. Thanks all keep the Bimmer Faith.......... virenr
    Visitor, Wichita Falls, TX, December 25, 2011 21:25
    Bought my 2003 325i the end of 2008, loved it for the first year. Every now and then it would make a wierd noise when I rolled the window up or down, no big deal. Then one day the window wouldn't roll down any more. Had both front windows repaired. About one year later rolled the back window down one day and it wont go back up. Close to the same time dashboard keeps flickering on and off that my exterior lights aren't working. Some days there is a delay when it starts. Then my windshield wiper fluid wont spray, and today out of nowhere my car wont start. The pic for the battery is lit, when I bought the car I replaced the battery so it shouldn't be bad????? Really tired of all the problems I'm having with this car. I will NOT ever purchase another BMW, way too many problems that are way to expensive to fix. At least my Hubby is a mechanical genius so instead of having the dealership charge me $500 dollars to fix the window since my warranted has now expired, he can do it for the price of a couple parts(I think he said about $50)
    Visitor, Mc Lean, VA, December 02, 2011 11:18
    Well I bought this car for my son and this is his first car. Yes I have to say it maybe some thing I would want now but I am old. It is a 325i convertable with 172,062 miles and runs pretty well. Not a car that is fast or quick off the line which made it easier for me to say this is a great car for my son. There are small problems and I have fixed all. My question is the Hazard lights. First of all the button will not stay pushed in and so you have to hold it and even then only the left side will flash and nothing on the right side. now both sides turn signals work fine. Has anyone had this problem or an answer?
    Visitor, Paso Robles, CA, November 13, 2011 17:01
    I have a 93 bmw 325i.. it has over 200,000 miles on it... who ever owned it before me must have lowered it somehow especially in the front... i mean its a cute car but expensive to fix.... its in need of a rear wheelbearing replacement and thats one thing i am sure of.. it makes a really loud howling noise while driving.. and its constant... im also pretty sure i need to replace the brakes.. i have already put alot of money replacing things on this car and cant affored right now to fix the other problems.... but im sure contining to drive it in its condition is probably not good and could maybe be makin the problems worse.... ahhhhh
    Visitor, Louisville, KY, October 23, 2011 16:23
    The window regulators had to be replaced on 3 of 4 windows. Car has 120K. Bought parts at Autozone/Ebay and installed myself. Care taken when removing door panel.Dealer wanted about $325. Got parts for around $90. Used existing window motors.
    Visitor, Irving, TX, September 29, 2011 14:21
    Bought it at 83000 miles in 2010. Having 93K today, i did not see any window regulator problem yet, but after 6 months i noticed that fan is over engaging and its loud sluggish and also i feel like i m lacking power. Went on like that for a while and finally frustrated and got it diagnosed and found that i need to change the fan clutch(don't buy OEM) and thermostat. What a difference car is back to normal, again its fun to drive. Comments above about the window regulators are scary, i didn't have any yet, but looks they will fail on me some time down the road. Pros: Funnnn to drive Cons: Many minor things fail
    Visitor, Mount Vernon, WA, September 26, 2011 11:03
    purchased a 1995 325iA with 170,000 miles on it and have been loving it. Some kid had owned it before so a few poor quality aftermarket parts had to be stripped, and the radiator was held in with zip ties, but after a few dollars on the proper parts and a little maintenance it runs and drives like a dream. I have owned a few cars in my time but the 325 is probably going to be rebuilt so it will go another 200,000. I really like this car!
    Visitor, Newcastle, CA, September 12, 2011 07:56
    I have owned my 2006 325 going on 5 years. bought it used from carmax with 22k on it.It now has over 65k. Had one engine concern that could have been a hugh expense, a bolt head had broken off to an oil port. The oil was pouring out of the front of the head/block..I was lucky and had a local independant shop(Tri-Star) repaired it..I replaced front brakes, used Napa rotors with factory pads and sensors..cost alot less..Gets good gas mileage, 25mpg plus..Has been a great car..
    Visitor, Santa Clara, CA, September 10, 2011 14:54
    Got the car brand new in 2002, with automatic transmission and the deluxe package. It's been a pleasure to drive and it's hard not to get carried away by many of the well thought out design elements. After 10 years, I only have 68K miles on it and it has been fairly reliable with the usual maintenance. No major issues with the engine and transmission, but the smaller issues do take away from the full pleasure of owning this car and make you wonder if you should get a BMW again. These are irritating problems that you do not expect to see in a premium car. (a) The biggest problem you will hear from anyone is the crappy window regulator design. And I mean crappy with a Capital C. The "regulator" is just a fancy word for a mechanical linkage that connects the window motor to the glass. One fine day it decides to start shreiking and die. The window refuses to move or just drops down into the door. In the regulator design there's a small plastic part that guides the steel cable and the part inevitably breaks or _melts_ due to heat. I have had to replace 3 windows so far and the 4th now needs repair. 99% of the time I drive the car alone and the windows don't get any stress. The first happened a few months into buying the car. It costs anywhere from $200-$600 to fix depending on where/who does the work. (b) The second problem is the electrical wiring. Apparently, BMW decided to use a lower gauge wiring than required, which means the wire can burn out and leave you with a perennial "lights out indicator" on the dash, or worse, signaling lights that won't work. BMW finally 'fessed up and issued a recall for this in September 2011 due to it's safety implications. (c) The third problem has been the window gutter near the roof. In the 325i, this is plastic (chrome on the 330i) and apparently just stuck to the car using adhesive. I have had it come slightly loose, enough to pick up wind noise while driving or let in water in a heavy rain. I asked a shop to fix it and first they weren't sure if the part was available, then got an estimate for $400 to fix one side. (d) Other people have mentioned that the wheels pick up a lot of brake dust. This is very true, but I will give it a pass because the BMW brakes are very good. (e) The biggest issue you will have with owning this car is the dealer. Any issue from a simple oil change, transmission fluid change, battery replacement to anything larger is going to cost you 2X to 3X of what you would pay for another car. And knowing this, you are always weary of going to a dealer and looking for smaller independent shops. And these shops may claim BMW expertise, but sometimes it becomes apparent that they don't. Went for a battery replacement and the guy pops the hood and starts scratching his head because he can't find the battery. The battery is in the trunk. Or getting an oil change done and the guy can't reset the service indicator. (instructions are on the web). BMW really needs to fix the Window issue, it's beyond the normal failure rate for any car, let alone a premium car. The rest I will let slide.
    Visitor, Haverhill, MA, August 13, 2011 19:50
    bought my 2002 bimmer with 138000 beatiful inside and out two previous female owners i think alot of the problems with these cars have to do with previous owners i love it n have alot of fun with tight handling n steering would like to add a couple bolt on parts for more power but for a 2.5 liter it really is amazing what a driving machine it really is cant wait too get in an m3 next
    Visitor, Southington, CT, July 18, 2011 21:02
    Owned since new. After 4 yrs and no longder under warranty only short in rear lights,known problem, I wont pay outrageous amount to fix it, hubby packed it in, now works but the dash claims it is burned out. Now @ 94K miles, the power steering pump- blew up, yes it blew. BMW no longer has that pump avail so guess what had to update it to the new part, and therefore lots of expensive other parts to retrofit...almost $900 in parta labor under $100-thank god not done at bMW, they would have charged over $1500+......still only repair ever needed.
    Visitor, Los Angeles, CA, July 08, 2011 01:59
    Well I have had this car for 5 months now, it is a 2006 325i and had 43,000 miles on it when I bought it. The module for the xenon headlights went out and cost me $600, recently had the brakes replaces, new rotors and a new brake sensor... down $557 bucks, something is wrong with the stereo so you can barely see what is says (sometimes) so that needs to be replaced.... It's just one headache after another... Ugh
    Visitor, Indianapolis, IN, July 07, 2011 16:22
    For parts cheaper than what you can buy local for a bmw 325i. I found my parts @ PartsGeek.com out of N.J. Most items shipped with in two to three day's depending on your location. I highly refer this sight to anyone that needs parts for a bemmer.
    Visitor, Paterson, NJ, July 05, 2011 11:59
    I've wanted this car for as long as I can remember, finally I got it 4 months ago and it was the biggest mistake of my life I have to fix all most eveything :(
    Visitor, Arcadia, CA, June 26, 2011 13:13
    Good car to drive but lots of minor mechanical problems that are expensive to reapir.
    Visitor, Los Angeles, CA, June 25, 2011 17:07
    Great car but if you dont have the money its a pain in the neck, wallet and maybe your heart. I bonded so much to it that it hurts to send it for repairs.
    Visitor, Arlington, VA, June 22, 2011 14:31
    purchased new, now 5 years old with only 44k miles, but lots of city driving. at 20k or so, i needed a new engine - the coolant leaked inside it. other new-car issues were the lights on door handles going out. both handled under warranty. post warranty, at 44k, needed new front bushings. generally been very dependable - i hope my new engine lasts! while i love the engine's responsiveness and the steering (especially), i marked both down above because of issues noted in write-up. i hope i don't get the problems others on this board get! it is a very expensive car to keep re: maintenance. oil changes are expensive. as is everything else. I replaced run flats with reg tires, with air pump and slime in the trunk - it worked on the one flat i got with this car.
    Visitor, Augusta, GA, June 20, 2011 12:56
    Purchased this car as a CPO for local dealership and it has been the worst $34,000 I have ever spent. It's great as long as it is under the full warranty, but even with BMW taking care of the costs there has still be a ton of issues. Run-flat tires stink, radio system had to be completely replaced, both back window motors have failed causing the windows to fall down on their own, driver-side mirror falls out of place every time door shuts, paint peels off the black "sides" on the roof and interior door handle peels constantly. I can't believe I spent this much money for this much headache!!! Regret ever purchasing car...first BMW and last BMW!
    Visitor, Northridge, CA, June 08, 2011 10:12
    Great paint body
    Visitor, Middle Village, NY, May 26, 2011 11:08
    I own my 1994 BMW325i RED Convertible for 7 years now. I purchased it from a Mercedes pre-certified dealer it had 34K miles and everything was immaculate in and out. At first I continued to maintenance at the BMW dealership but found a private Mercedes/BMW Repair shop (Star Repair shop Margate Fl) who is awesome with my car. Does absolutely everything I ask him to do regardless how small & detailed. Had both window regulators changed, Trunk CD changer was replaced twice - and rear directional/tail light inserts needed to be hard wired to stop false readout on dashboard (still works normally with this done). Run of the mill repairs. Fuel Pump, Brakes, hoses/belts and such. Oil changes and tuneups regularly as needed. All in all I love my car - everywhere I go and any auto shop I visit always brings new admirers who want to buy my car. They say 'whenever' you want to sell it pls call me first... Only thing right now is that my convertible top (which looks absolutely spanking brand new) is shrinking a bit at the rear quarters and the plastic window, although very clear and clean is beginning to dry out a bit. I need a new rag top (undercovering is still brand new). Since the 1994 model was the only year the convertible top was made with relief pockets at the rear quarters it's hard to find a new one. This car engineering is the best and the paint job is awesome and therefore the car always looks and runs great! Even if I buy another car - I will still keep this one..... Lily
    Visitor, Effingham, SC, May 25, 2011 15:33
    i have regreted ever getting this car...it has been one aggravation after another and very expensive...BMW stands for BUST MY WALLET!.. electircal issues are the worst issues i have had.
    Visitor, Los Angeles, CA, May 20, 2011 10:43
    I've had this car for five years now and I have definitely become very close with my mechanic. I am honestly almost a part of their family now. They drive me to work when my car is getting repaired, offer to feed me as I wait...all of this to say that I've been there a lot. This is not what I was hoping for when I bought this car. Being a higher end vehicle I thought that I'd have to do less but it's been the opposite. It looks good, but the parts as I was just told, are all plastic, hence the constant repairs. I've had to fix my rear back window once due to the faulty regulators others mentioned, and the side window is going too. I just don't put it down for now because I've been too busy fixing the turning signals oh about five times now, the radiator, water pump, hoses, crank starter thingy, and too many other things to mention. I had a Toyota before this (bottom of the line Tercel), and all I ever had to do with it was oil changes, brakes, and a front axle because California roads are so bad. I had that car for 12 years and I didn't have to do a quarter of the things I had to do with this one in just five. Granted, the car is 10 years old total, but it only had about 58,000 miles on it when I got it. Either someone lied, or this car is just more trouble then it's worth. It looks good though.
    Visitor, Waynesboro, MS, May 14, 2011 12:33
    power steering pump on my 2003 b m w 325i has failed three times in the last three years. Whats the problem with these pumps.
    Visitor, Gallup, NM, April 27, 2011 23:58
    I have a 1995 BMW 325i, and i parley but on 105,000 miles. It is a great car and very well maintained.. I love it have plan on buying another very soon.
    Visitor, Salt Lake City, UT, April 27, 2011 08:28
    This car has been great for me. I purchased several years ago and have had only minor problems that you would expect from a 20 yr old BMW. This car is solid, I plan on doing a full rebuild and keeping the car for years to come.
    Visitor, Pensacola, FL, April 20, 2011 15:50
    This car is an absolute pleasure to drive. The handling and feel of this car is truly impressive. I saw a post where it said there was limited cargo space. That's a total lie. For a car this size the trunk is quite large. Cup holder placement is a bit odd but that's about my only gripe. I find it comical that people buy a high performance foreign car that is known to be expensive to repair, if you did any amount of home work then you would know this. Then they complain when it's expensive to repair, it's like hitting your head with a hammer then getting mad and surprised that your head hurts, you silly people you LOL. Many things I see being reported smack of a shady repair service. Hardly the cars fault. At least half of what you spend at a dealer is for labor costs. Many of these things can easily be fixed by YOU for much less if you ever care to get out a repair manual and a set of tools. O2 sensors, window issues are all child's play. You know if your engine light is on you can go to almost any Auto zone or other such service and as long as your engine light is on they will read the problem for you for free? Why? Because they want to sell you the part to fix it. Granted this does not apply to all of your issues but it does cover a fair amount of you. Be smart, do your home work and pick up a friggen book and a wrench every now and then or get a KIA. I'll be the guy in the BMW zipping past you and laughing. :) Catch you on the flip side!
    Visitor, Dallas, TX, March 30, 2011 08:21
    Purchased the car new as a "demo" car. Within 6M miles the front shield and outside temperature gauge near the tires broke- I had to pay even though BMW claims warranty- Next I hear that the undershield in the BMW needed repairs- Appears that the dealer who sold the car had accident not reported to TX and fixed the car poorly to sell. Then in 2009, I had the generator replaced with a battery at the Woodlands BMW dealer for a fortune. A few thousand miles later when I do a regular fluid check, I found the bolts to the battery stand in the engine and had to replace it myself because the service was not quality checked to make sure all bolts and nuts are put back to secure what was removed for the service. So be very careful of the service centers that do not care- And that is because there is no customer service in the main BMW NA center that oversees all these dealers and service centers So watch for these sleasly dealers and BMW NA does not respond favorably for help and has minimal customer service- actually no service help or assistance- HONDA is much better and cheaper to maintain and has excellent customer service from the national service center. Honda values their customers unlike BMW. Even though the car has been pretty good since the above initial problems, I would not recommend a BMW to anyone else because of extremely poor customer service after a purchase or after a service that was done poorly.
    Visitor, Springfield, MA, March 12, 2011 16:03
    All I can say is BMW why can't you admit to a faulty VANO's system,did every thing to try to figure out stalling problem on cold starts, this is my last option hope it works rebuilding it now with new "improved o-rings"
    vinsanity_3, Marina, CA, March 10, 2011 16:08
    This car is a joy to drive, and if you take care of the engine and drive train, it will take care of you. A lot of miscellaneous issues for me though: window regulators, HVAC fan, actuators, sun roof, etc. These things can add up, but worth it for such a great vehicle. Good gas mileage for a performance car as well.
    Visitor, Acworth, GA, March 07, 2011 07:17
    just got this car its great i love it and its great for hotboxing
    Toledoblue, Santa Monica, CA, February 14, 2011 17:54
    I bought this car in '02 with 120k miles on it and drove it for about 4yrs before I crashed it (I was driving drowsy on the fwy when I lost control, spun and crashed, rear ending the center divider) @170k miles. It wasn't maintained well when I got it but it still was a solid performer. It needed many repairs through the years - from worn out shock absorbers to bushings - and it was well worth the expense. While the exterior is still the best looking car, in my opinion, the interior sagged and rattled annoyingly as it aged. The engine was in excellent shape even after the crash and it seemed it would have easily done another 150k miles. What impressed me the most was when I crashed the car, it automatically shut the engine, lowered the windows, and turned the emergency light on - all by itself - while I sat in there dazed. Right away, the highway patrol traveling on the opposite direction saw me and came my way, zig-zagging to slow the traffic, and I was able to walk away without a hitch. Impressive car all the way through!!
    Armando Cordova, Phoenix, AZ, January 26, 2011 21:15
    I am in need of the pack passenger rear brake sensor. Also i need to get a hold of a ambiant air control temperature located underneath front passenger side bumper. required to pass emissions
    subemail, Redwood City, CA, January 25, 2011 12:22
    Great overall car but... - poor window regulators. Mine have been replaced 3 times already on all windows. And they are expensive ($350 on average per window) - Electrical problems (fan blower, lights etc.) are frequent - Clutch replaced at 120K miles - Fuel pump failed at 70K miles
    Visitor, Erlanger, KY, January 24, 2011 11:25
    Beautiful car with great gas mileage; However had problem with electronic steering lock (required steering column replacement ~$1000). Now have transmission fluid leak without any way to check level (told I need to have mechatronic seal replaced ~$500). Also have a clicking sound coming from blower motor at low speeds and have excessive brake dust collect on rims. I have converted to radial tires because I hated the run flats, but there is no compartment for a spare tire. These problems make me regret the purchase of the car.
    Visitor, Springfield, MA, January 21, 2011 14:44
    bought the car 2010, 79,000 miles bought new tires,new brakes, one year later stalling problems,by the way it's a stick, found vacuum leak fixed it ,problem persists,stalling on cold starts, bring it to BMW dealer to read fault codes, it the computer ,now to find one and have it programed for my car, by the way dealer wanted $1600 just for the part , good luck with that,other options?
    Visitor, La Grange, IL, January 05, 2011 12:49
    Purchased car used in 2010,had to replace leaking oil and transmission gaskets. Heating stalled for one full day,windshield fluid dispenses inconsistantly. Possible computer glitch.
    rvirk, Alamo, CA, December 27, 2010 13:48
    My favorite car out of all ones I owned so far
    Visitor, Malibu, CA, December 24, 2010 10:15
    The transmission wennt out 2000 miles after warranty. The car had a complete inspection at 99000 miles and the dealer saw nothing wrong. Dealer wanted 8000 to replace the transmission with only 2 year new warranty.
    Visitor, Chicopee, MA, December 07, 2010 11:51
    I've had this car a couple years now. I've had to spend some money in maintenance and repairs, and have been struggling with a persistent 02 sensor problem, but I can't help but adore the car. It just feels so good to drive it. And the more I learn about it the more I appreciate the work that went in to designing it to perfection. I've never had a car that was just "Regular Maintenance", there is always some work involved, especially with the roads the way they are in this country, but this car has been good to me.
    Visitor, Gresham, OR, December 05, 2010 21:15
    I previously purchased my first BMW new in 1987, it was a BMW 325 is, which I drove for 12 years and about 185,000 miles. I absolutely loved everything about this car, which had no problems - other than replacing a seat belt. It was a gem - extremely reliable and it drove great. This lead me to purchasing my second BMW. I purchased a new 2004 325 i - in late April of 2004, and it has truly been a nightmare vehicle! I' ve had more problems with this car than I can list. Almost from the beginning my car had problems with the engine and/or engine cooling system, (towed to dealership at least 4 -5 times for this alone.) the fuel system, fuel pump, gasoline delivery, radiator hoses, housing unit replaced, tail lights, turn signals, hazard lights, and door locks/latches sticking. I've been stalled along the highway, and in rural areas far too many times to count and towed to my home and/or the dealership around 6-8 times total. I have spent a small fortune on far too many repairs. Mostly, what frustrates me is the unreliability of this so-called very expensive luxury vehicle I purchased. I do not neglect my BMW, I schedule it for regular service appointments and follow the recommended guidelines of the owners manual. My BMW has a history of the service engine light coming on and the car's cooling system - overheating. I was recently stalled (again), where my BMW overheated. The dealership replaced the auxiallary fan, thermostat and a few others parts, totaling over $1,700. I had the vehicle home less than 12 hours and I was stalled the following day - again. Without going into a detailed account of my recent incident, the dealership stated that I need a new engine. My car has 105,000 miles on it with a service record a mile long. I do not want to put another dime into this vehicle. Nor do I want to get too far from home.To replace the engine will be around $3,800 to 5,000 - with minimal warranty. I recently paid my vehicle off (Jan. 2010) and was enjoying no car payments. After reviewing "the maintenance, recalls and technical service bulletins" on my 2004 325 i sedan - (the list of problems is almost 8 pages long) I believe my car is a lemon. I want the dealership to "man up" and replace my vehicle with a reliable car, at no charge to me. Does anyone know if a BMW dealership has any recourse with BMW (manufacturer) North America? Doesn't the dealership have a responsibility to fight for their loyal customers. I KNOW that I'm not the only one with problems, the list of complaints is lengthy. Any advse or suggestions?
    matte, Oakland, CA, December 04, 2010 13:57
    My dad has a BMW 325i, and I want to steal it. Fun to drive, it's been very reliable, and he hasn't spent much on maintenance and nothing on repair. The brakes are expensive, but they were under warranty. The oil changes are expensive, but you only have to do them once a year or less.
    Paco57, Miami, FL, December 04, 2010 13:57
    Very easy to drive, you can feel the power and control at same time
    Visitor, Renton, WA, December 04, 2010 13:56
    I bought my 02 325i in september of 09 with 90k on it. the only problems I've had with her are: the "check engine" light spontaneous turns on and off, when she's cold the power steering has a tendency to go out, the suspension bushings come loose often, and she likes to burn motor oil, I always use Mobil 1 synthetic and half way between oil changes I have to add several extra quarts, luckily motor oil is cheap at Wal-Mart! Cons aside, when I turn my car on, she returns the favor.
    Visitor, Ellisville, MS, December 04, 2010 13:56
    i love this little car money want buy
    Visitor, New York, NY, December 04, 2010 13:56
    The best car ever I love it for ever
    Visitor, Los Angeles, CA, December 04, 2010 13:56
    Overall the car is great. Make sure you have a warranty. Broke down on me once but BMW took care of the tow and repair.
    wlw4281, Rock Hill, SC, December 04, 2010 13:55
    The BMW325I with the sport package is very responsive and quick.
    pbinax, Fayetteville, NC, December 04, 2010 13:55
    purchased used. GREAT car.
    Salesman548, Kittanning, PA, December 04, 2010 13:55
    I absolutlely LOVE my Beemer!!! I'll never go back to a domestic vehicle again. The feel and telegraphing of the road, the care and craftsmanship of the entire vehicle is unsurpassed in my opinion. What an ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE!!!!!
    dennislang, Gilbert, AZ, December 03, 2010 04:47
    2001 BMW 325i This baby is a blast to drive and handles like a slot car car going around curves. Get extended warranty or trade in after 50k/miles. In shop way too much. AC: defective water pump; rear window regulator;exterior trim falling off; front suspension control arms; steering box; camshafts sensor failure; faulty head gasket; just to name a few repairs. Be prepared to be on a 1st name basis with your mechanic and volunteer for overtime hours at works to get get money to pay for repairs. Other than that great car.
    drm09, Shreveport, LA, December 03, 2010 04:46
    I have owned a 2001 BMW 325i for a little over a year now. It definitely has its high points, such as the brakes and such. I bought the car from an owner who didn't know to actually take care of a car, and now I'm taking the repercussions of what he did (i.e.- drove the car like a maniac, let the car sit out in the sun, let the tires get so low in air pressure to the point of nearly blowing up). It is a very nice car, but you have to actually take care of it. Right now, I've gone through over $10k worth in repairs because he was careless about the car. Overall, the car is reliable, even after all of the repairs. I would recommend it to anyone.
    Visitor, Burbank, CA, December 03, 2010 04:44
    what a great car i had this car brand new since 2001 i had no problem with 125,000 miles suddenly the check engine light came on and i develop oil leaks ,crankshaft and camshaft sensor light problem soon after i replace these parts every thing was ok the key here is maintenance regular oil changes every 4,000 miles
    Visitor, Sugar Land, TX, November 28, 2010 21:59
    bought the car new and drove little first few years. they do burn through brakes but stop ona dime. they do wear out thrust bushings but handle like n rails. the plastic does fall off car; buy some good glue. the window regulators fail, no reason for that just poor design. The idler pulleys are going now... with 49k miles all these have needed repair. All I can say is BMW builds a great car to drive but you will pay a price for it. If you like to drive and what you drive these things are great. The purr of the inline 6 reminds me of my old 280zx. You can run the pants off these things and they wont wimper a bit. If you want mtnce free better look to the rising sun (japanese.) they engineer for reliability. Nissan is making great cars again. Will I do another Bimmer? sure. Not new though. the economy and wife's debilitating injury requires we watch the budget. You can buy them used cheap! Buy the tools and the book.
    Visitor, Crestview, FL, November 26, 2010 08:17
    Love the way it handles...has a nice get up and go for a low end luxury, but the never ending problems and the price to fix them is forcing me to trade. Gas mileage is 30mpg with a heavy foot. Daily commute about 100 miles round trip. Drive is really fun, repair bills are horrible!!!
    Lukkon, Elmwood Park, NJ, November 25, 2010 10:25
    Amazing first car, if your good with cars and know a thing or two they are also very cheap to fix since parts dont kill your wallet if you buy online. Amazing handling and for a 18-year old car with 176,000 ... it is very fast.
    Visitor, Sunnyvale, CA, November 21, 2010 00:25
    learn to fix yourself or pay $1000 a year things that will need service Auto tran 70000 3k h2o pump 60000 1k radiator 80000 * with above smog 85000 1k suspension 90000 2k
    Mr Thrifty, Arlington, VA, November 16, 2010 22:03
    This car has some weak points that cloud the overall ownership experience. My problems so far: Rear window regulators. It seems like there is a 100% failure rate on the the rear window regulators and at $350 a window this is not trivial. Front window regulators: The fronts have not failed yet but are slow and as a result I avoid using them. Cooling system: This year has a tendency towards cooling system failures. My fan clutch had to be replaced and the service advisor is recommending replacement of the water pump and reservoir to head off the inevitable failure at 60k miles. Lights: The side marker lights fogged up and had to be replaced. The interior door switch failed and required replacement. Brakes: brake life is not long and complete replacement at $1300 is a heavy price to pay. Mystery stalling: If I make a U-turn and don't keep the gas on, the car stalls. Sometimes it just stops on a bridge or making a left turn out of my development. This is a scary problem that so far has no diagnosis. My car also has the weird fan speed problem in which the fan pulses at high then low speed. This is annoying but apparently there is a fix for this. The ride has lost the compliency that is so good when new. My other BMW has 127k miles and rides better than this one! Summary: an expensive car to own. Look at alternatives that can provide similar quality with lower costs from Lexus or Acura. This car can make you truly miserable with repair costs. If you do own one, make sure you trade or sell the car when there is some service agreement and warranty left.
    Visitor, Thousand Oaks, CA, August 21, 2010 16:50
    I bought this car new in early 2003. So far the car has been freakishly reliable. I think there was a bushing replacement early on and a taillight went out once. Oh yeah, the player is on the fritz. I have babied and respected this car; I suspect a lot of folks beat on these cars and they are surprised when they have problems. Its a lovely car and fun to drive.
    Visitor, Denver, CO, August 15, 2010 00:27
    having constant issues recent,,,needing a really good mechanic!
    Visitor, Lake Forest, CA, August 13, 2010 15:06
    We bought this 2003 325i new in hopes of acquiring an even better level of car than our dependable Accord EX...Wrong. This "babied" car has died with no reason on my wife--repair cost 600.00. Makes a weird sewing machine noise when excellerating--repair cost 1100.00. Makes a horn-type sound in the front suspension when we pull into our driveway--couldn't fix it. Water leaks into passenger side door when going through a car wash. Now the AC/heater blower has stopped working this summer, so I'm about to head to a mechanic for that, too.
    Visitor, Cordova, TN, July 28, 2010 19:40
    good car , luv this car .
    Visitor, Mobile, AL, July 27, 2010 16:03
    We bought this car in Monroe, GA about 2 months ago. Had almost $52k miles on it. Today the ac started smoking and went out. Took it to our local BMW dealership to get it checked out, not only was the a/c out but we were told it needed a crankcase vent valve, hoses, evaporator, dryer, a/c line, intake boot, oil filter housing, rear brakes and lower control arm bushings. The estimate was over $5,600!!!! I seriously doubt I'll ever buy another use BMW.
    Visitor, Woodland, CA, July 26, 2010 16:02
    I love the way this car drives however the cost of maintaining it is too much for me. I have so many problems with the SRS lights coming on. I have spent almost $1500.00 in the last two months and they are on again. The sunroof is another problem. Every problem is very expensive to take car of.
    Visitor, Houston, TX, July 25, 2010 14:56
    I purchased my 2003 325i in 2005. It drives very well and I have experienced minimal maintenance problems. I will definitely purchase another BMW!
    Visitor, Whittier, CA, July 20, 2010 16:46
    bad transmission.oil lick
    Visitor, Woodstock, GA, July 06, 2010 18:57
    I like the car, overal looks and performs well - now at 110,000 miles. Although I don't expect perfection at this age there are a number of little things that have failed, some because of poor design or inferior parts/materials; all of which add up very quickly; e.g., taillight bulb assembly board, HID headlight went out (few hundred $'s in repairs), inside trunk release, lower control arms, leaking valve cover gasket, and leaking door seals. Despite these annoyances, this is my third BMW (3 series) and is unlikely to be my last.
    Visitor, Lynchburg, VA, June 21, 2010 19:52
    I LOVE THE 325I 6 CYL. IT IS VERY PEPPY ESPECIALLY IN 3RD GEAR. MY CURRENT DILEMA IS WITH HAVING TO REPLACE THE WIPER MOTOR. I NEED A PICTORIAL. ALSO LOVE THIS PAGE.
    Visitor, Victorville, CA, June 09, 2010 15:48
    Overall I think the bmw 325i convertable is friking awsome!!! looking car with the long front end they have just sets them apart BMW did a great job on the cars body to bad they didnt cary it on to the 2000 model convertible so I hade to buy a vette but still love my 1994 bimmer !!. ill never get rid of it!! Dont get me wrong I like the sadans to!!
    Visitor, Kissimmee, FL, May 22, 2010 12:21
    This car has been trouble. Let me list... Breaks, taillights, headlight lenses, power steering pump, window washer pump, a/c compressor, front passenger window, even replacing bulbs in the car is not easy. We had to order the taillight bulbs off the Internet because no parts stores carried them and the BMW dealer wanted a small fortune for a set! I have a 2000 Dodge Dakota. I've changed the brakes and scheduled fluids. It runs great! I will not buy another BMW.
    mse, Chula Vista, CA, May 21, 2010 14:12
    Purchased my car new. No problems until 2008, when I had to replace tires. In 2009, had window motor on passenger side replaced. May 2010 I had the power steering pump replaced and left back lights fixed...total cost $1,011.00. Car does not look dated and is fun to drive; however, it is very expensive to repair.
    Visitor, Portland, OR, May 19, 2010 21:29
    Bought this certified used in 2004 with only 10K miles. I've put 85K miles on it and have had no real issues. Only normal maintenance, which I do myself. Car is on its third set of front brake pads and nearing another change so it does like to eat brake pads. I'll try ceramic pads next time. Only non-maintenace part replaced was the thermostat. Car is fun to drive, especially on windy roads. Wish it had more power. AWD is a life saver in the snow and even when its just wet. I'm extremely happy with this car.
    Visitor, Charlotte, NC, May 09, 2010 12:25
    Had every electrical problem mentioned in the previous reviews. Replaced all 4 window regulators. All 4 turning lights had problem, bulbs are fine. Local BMW dealer wanted $400 dollars to "fix".
    Visitor, Mesa, AZ, April 29, 2010 10:45
    I got my car with 38,000 on it. At 72,000 its had a radiator hose, belts, one wheel bearing, windshield spray pump, front and back rotors replaced(upgraded to cross drilled rotors and ceramic pads). Other than the spay pump thats mostly wear and tear parts. It has had no problems with the motor at all and I love this car. It looks as good as it drives.
    Visitor, Lynnwood, WA, April 26, 2010 02:37
    love this car more every day.
    Visitor, Panorama City, CA, April 21, 2010 19:51
    I am very dissappointed. I'll never buy BMW again. My past cars and vans were Toyota and had no problem with them. With my BMW, the moment the 4 year warranty elapsed, all problems occur. Both front and rear brakes were replaced, clutch and flywheel replaced, window motors replaced. It cost me almost $10,000! Now, the airbag sign is always on and I'm scared to bring it to the dealer for repairs! I might get ripped offf again. It's not worth it to own a BMW-you are just paying for the brand. Quality wise, it's a complete failure!
    Visitor, San Mateo, CA, April 20, 2010 09:16
    perfect
    Visitor, Floresville, TX, March 30, 2010 11:44
    We have an 05 BMW 325i with 89K miles(owned it since 20K) and approx 60K are highway miles. I'm religous about my scheduled maintainance(dusty TX conditions). Great car to drive... be prepared for mechanical (peripherals) and/or electrical issues when the warranty runs out. We've had 3 confirmed oil leaks, head rest mechanism broke replaced(45K) and are wearing out again(we DON'T even adjust them)... i notice a trend. Front passenger window gear is malfunctioning, rear taillight lens cover leaked and shorted out the tail light assembly(replaced). Alternator fried and overcahrged the battery(leaked acid in the battery pan)... fun mess to clean out of the truck when it exploded. Now the A/C compressor stopped working. I'm fed up with this car. The last few things have happened in the last 3 weeks. I have a dodge truck that's two yrs older with nearly double the mileage and the only things i've needed to replace were the Exhaust o2 sensors and I did that myself. I maintain my vehicles very well and BMW makes it next to impossible to work on those vehicles with every speial tool known to man!!! You best be able to afford the warranty and/or afford to trade in on a regular basis! Not what I expected in the way of quality!
    Visitor, Pasadena, MD, March 30, 2010 03:17
    This was a great driving car but then the steering started that shimmy and it has been an uphill battle. Next stop, front control arms to try to correct it. It has been a major issue. Replaced bushings, steering rack etc and still not fixed. I talked with a bmw dealer and they know this has been a problem. BMW should have issued a recall on those control arms. Will be the last bmw I will ever buy because of that.
    Visitor, Germantown, TN, March 26, 2010 21:49
    good
    sellinwood, San Ramon, CA, February 17, 2010 11:32
    I don't drive the car hard. Only 37K miles in 6 years, but so far no problems, just routine mintenance. One oil change. Still on the original set of brakes. Only quality problem is exterior trim. Glue that fastens brackets to window trim is failing and falling off. No way to repair except buy a new trim piece.
    jasonss03, Clermont, FL, September 27, 2009 17:11
    03 325i with 87k. lots of problems that i am finding are very common with these bmws
    gscott1204, Windsor Mill, MD, September 21, 2009 14:23
    All problems listed in most of the comments i have had, brake issuses,window issuses,light issuses,but i still love my car -go figure
    marymary16, Baton Rouge, LA, August 27, 2009 09:14
    I have loved this car from the moment I turned the key to test drive it, then put 30,000 miles on it in the first year because it is so much fun to drive - drove from Louisiana to Ithaca, NY and back, taking back roads and two-lane mountain roads when available. When I finished the trip, I realized that I had not even turned on the radio or stereo the whole time, just was in the driving zone of this tight car and the road. The only problem I have had with this is a front end collision which had undiscovered damage to the coolant system, ruining the engine. It is now getting a new, rebuilt engine and I will be on my way again. I can't wait to get my baby back. I loved the 3-series so much that in the meantime, I purchased a 1996 3-series convertible for my second car (just to have something to drive). That one has 177,000 miles on it and drives beautifully.
    The Rod, Philadelphia, PA, June 25, 2009 04:59
    My 325i 2002 is nice had to put a little money in it to keep it up & riding good, overall Fun to drive beemmer!
    yafine, Newcastle, CA, April 08, 2009 10:05
    As with the 2002 models there are many expensive and disappointing problems. I love drive this car but find the clutch jerky and although I had it replace before it was time, it is still clunky. The problems with the window lift controllers is very annoying, obvious defective designs should be resolved by the manufacturer under a recall. The dealer told me that the sunroof falls of its track and there is a retrofit kit for $1500, i have never used the sunroof and find that outragous (BTW he also said that before the kit was available the repair cost was $2500). The last trip to the dealer for the 50K service netted me an estimate of over $5000 for repairs to defective parts. I get 31 mpg on the road and 25 around town which i like but the gas savings don't come even close to the cost of repairs.
    Joelius, Locke, NY, February 07, 2009 13:45
    The only problems I have with the car are as follows: The right side of the dash lights went out plus the one on the thermometer and clock, the speedometer/odometer have quit working for a while every once in a while but they come back when you start the car again usually, the sunroof froze up on me and won't slide open, and the steering has a slight rattle on bumpy roads. That said I love the car. It is amazing in so many ways. Good gas mileage, power, and style. It's German engineered. It's Reliable. It's everything you could ever ask for...just add a CD/mp3 player.
    sarahe, Laguna Beach, CA, January 02, 2009 11:53
    I owned a 325i for 2 years and loved every minute of it. Not once in two years did I experience even the smallest problem whatsoever with my car. Even more, I loved the fabulous service provided by BMW dealerships and service professional. Oh BMW, how I'll miss you.....