» Volvo

Reviews for 22 Volvo models:

Volvo Reviews and Owner Comments

Volvo Owner Reviews (22 reviews)
    Volvo Volvo XC90 Owner Reviews (see 31 reviews)
  • 2004 Volvo XC90
    Visitor, South Yarmouth, MA, July 14, 2014 19:03
    We bought it new in 03. We have 165K miles on it. All service done in Dedham, Mass. Its been a great car. I am planning on getting at least 250K on it. All repairs, service, tires, brakes, exhaust, everything averaged about $1200 per year. I am happy. Can't wait for the new XC90 PHEV. I own 2 other Volvo's and our experience has been the same on both. The Dealer makes a lot of difference.
  • Volvo Volvo S60 Owner Reviews (see 29 reviews)
  • 2009 Volvo S60
    Visitor, Buda, TX, April 01, 2014 12:12
    VOLVO S60 T2.5 2009. Fuel pump failed at 54000 miles. Dealership said I was 2 months out of 5 years warranty. Had to get it replaced at local mechanic, $1300. mechanic said the fuel module showed signs of premature failure and that if there is another fuel problem it will be that and not the Fuel pump assembly. If you buy a Volvo realize that since it is now owned by a Chinese company you better buy the extended warranty to be safe.
  • Volvo Volvo S80 Owner Reviews (see 29 reviews)
  • 2002 Volvo S80
    Visitor, Minneapolis, MN, April 10, 2014 13:38
    very nice car I purchased it two yrs. ago at 145,000 miles but recently been having transmission shifting issues. the car seems to not want to shift to second gear rpm just goes up but no acceleration. I had the tranny flushed and filter changed but it still slips. I took it to a transmission shop but they couldn't diagnose the problem because it's intermittent. It slips on the way to the shop then it starts to run fine right before the mechanic hooks the computer to it. Anybody has a remedy for this problem. I'm trying to avoid taking it to the dealer because they are extremely expensive.
  • Volvo Volvo V70 Owner Reviews (see 22 reviews)
  • 1998 Volvo V70
    Visitor, Tacoma, WA, July 09, 2013 13:07
    I have really enjoyed the drive and feel for my Volovo v70 but im having issues with my speedometer the needle is showing much faster speed to the actual speed the car is doing for example im driving 30mph and the needle on speedometer is showing 40mph/50mph which is worrying I don't no if I have to recalibrate the speedometer if so could anyone tell me how to recalibrate I have took my car the Volvo v70 to the mechanics to get it checked over and was a waste of time did not no what the problem was and told me to buy a new speed sensor which has been installed and still nothing it has also had brand new disc's, shoes, pads and backing plates I just don't no what else to do to fix my speedometer any help will be much appreciated.
  • Volvo Volvo C70 Owner Reviews (see 17 reviews)
  • 2008 Volvo C70
    NorthwestIL2, Scales Mound, IL, July 28, 2014 14:33
    Love it! I got it for a steal. It is a 2008 -beautiful. Great-looking car. "Transformer" hard-top convertible is a show-stopper. Fast, comfy. But handling is atrocious. Terrible torque steer, jittery on bumps. Only concerns were to replace tires, oil, AC refrigerant, and transmission fluid.
  • Volvo Volvo S40 Owner Reviews (see 16 reviews)
  • 2008 Volvo S40
    Visitor, Trabuco Canyon, CA, May 22, 2014 20:42
    I have owned my Volvo S40 2.4i for a little over 5 years now and have well over 70,000 miles on it. I bought it because of the great handling, agility, and aesthetics it offers and of course, safety. The car has treated me well, and i have treated it well. If you take care of your car, it will love you back. I never exceed the engine past 3000rpm, and wash the inside, outside, engine bay EVERY WEEK. I Love my Volvo! . --Problems i do have with it - just normal wear and tear Control arm (rear)- replaced 800 dollars due to lost tension. Trunk - connection in the wires connected to cabin loose so trunk could not open/said trunk lid open. Replaced the wires by myself over a weekend -- now its like new. The tires -- wear waayyy too prematurely Not that cold of AC. Not that great mileage. Not TOO powerful torque wise... (but i have the 2.4i) it still has great power behind it when traveling from 35-80+ mph Volvo 4 life - from Sweden
  • Volvo Volvo S70 Owner Reviews (see 14 reviews)
  • 2000 Volvo S70
    Visitor, Vernon Hills, IL, September 24, 2013 13:17
    we have almost 130000miles on it. however, there are issues with check engine light on around 80000miles cost m more than $1000 to repair the catalyst but the light back on after around 1 year. now the coolant light on, no clue what caused this after changing thermostat, sensor. there were back lights, side lights out, changed them.
  • Volvo Volvo V70 XC Owner Reviews (see 14 reviews)
  • 2002 Volvo V70 XC
    Visitor, San Francisco, CA, May 20, 2014 18:52
    I bought my car in Buffalo NY in 2005 just off lease low mileage. I imported it to Canada..I live in Toronto. I have had to use a US zip code to post this. The car has been wonderful.in the winter I love to take it out after it has just snowed. I have Swedish brand snow tires..drives like a tank through the snow! Lots of fun. With our pot holes during the winter I have occasionally had to do some suspension work. I have just done the front brakes and new summer tires. I am very pleased with the enjoyment we have had with this car with minor repairs and maintenance. It feels safe and is very comfortable. It has 95,000mi on it as of today. We hope to keep it another 5-10 years.
  • Volvo Volvo 240 Owner Reviews (see 12 reviews)
  • 1990 Volvo 240
    Visitor, Tacoma, WA, July 15, 2013 04:15
    My1990 Volvo 240 I have owned this car for seven years. It has now reached 140,000 and and has many more miles in her. All it has had is routine maintenance, Brakes oil changes a new radiator, and still starts first time every time. A brilliant car will go on and on.
  • Volvo Volvo 850 Owner Reviews (see 10 reviews)
  • 1995 Volvo 850
    Visitor, Clawson, MI, March 07, 2014 14:38
    I own a 1995 Volvo 850 turbo with 200,000+ miles on it. It still runs well for a 19 year old car. Only real problem is the air conditioning - after it failed twice i finally gave up on fixing it.
  • Volvo Volvo S90 Owner Reviews (see 7 reviews)
  • 1998 Volvo S90
    Visitor, San Diego, CA, March 31, 2014 16:32
    I have a 1998 Volvo S90, bought it, it was in bad shape except for the engine. put a used transmission in it, went to the junkyard and purchased basically a complete interior, seats, carpet. replaced a few bushings on the suspension and the lower control arms, new brakes, replaced a few bushings on the air pump(found those online)-these wear on all the s90 & 960 models. Replaced as many vaccum lines as I could. these vehicles tend to have vaccum leaks on the evap lines. there were a few cracked lines that were very obvious. always check the line that comes off the gas spout, it runs to a canister under the car, usually this one is cracked (sometimes you will get a fuel type smell) many of the bulbs in the dash go out as well, also got a bunch of those at the junkyard. besides that, these cars are tanks and run great, and feel like your driving a Cadillac.
  • Volvo Volvo XC70 Owner Reviews (see 6 reviews)
  • 2006 Volvo XC70
    Visitor, Palatine, IL, December 25, 2011 11:36
    At 140,000 miles the transmission was shifting hard in the first 3 gears and sometime going into a neutral position when going from reverse to Drive and visa-versa. I had quotes from 1800.00 to 2500.00 for a rebuild and up to $4000.00 for a new trans from Sweden. I had purchased a vehicle protection plan and they ended up covering this repair (took nearly 3 weeks though). Only reimbursed $35 a day for rental car. Cost me an extra $10/day with required coverage. They opted to put a used trans and trans-axle from a wreaked XC70. So far so good. This Protection plan cost me $2600. Presently I'm trying to simply replace some light bulbs and window washer pump motor, which is not covered. The license plate light burned out and that was simple to replace. 1 screw for each lens, pull lens down and then pull back to slide grip plate out of it's socket. Pull bulb straight out and insert new. Reverse assembly. A much more difficult task is to replace the front side marker lights. On the 2006, unless you have very small and strong hands, you must remove the air filter box on driver side and window washer filler tube on passenger side. Both socket turn toward the rear of car for removal. Removal to the wiper juice motor is proving to be a real pain. Anyone have experience with this? All the best, Steve Good luck.
  • Volvo Volvo V50 Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 2005 Volvo V50
    Visitor, Erie, PA, January 15, 2014 07:51
    Bought used 2005 V50 2.4i and have only had two vehicle issues. 2nd issue caused by me. #1 is leaky sunroof causing lots of water on drivers rear side floor. Apparently cracked or broken plastic piece that funnels rain water to outlet tube. $900 to replace but most of that labor to pull seats and dry out carpeting. #2 was I spilled entire glass of green tea on shifter area. Leaked down and basically gummed up module which had to be replaced. In shop for 4 days waiting for new module
  • Volvo Volvo V40 Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 2000 Volvo V40
    Visitor, Lafayette, LA, May 26, 2013 11:52
    Certainly no 1985 240. That was a well built car with good under the hood space to work on things. This Volvo is a mere shell of the former Volvo moniker. Small brake pads wear quick, turbo went out, mass airflow sensor twice, leaks oil from pan, currently dealing with changing the entire cooling system which requires taking far too many hoses and sensors off to do. All the rubber has gone to complete @#$%. The interior of my car also did not make it 10 years. Roof liner came off. So many problems with the piece of crap it's unbelievable. Something new every week it seems. Tie rods had to be replaced twice.
  • Volvo Volvo 960 Owner Reviews (see 4 reviews)
  • 1995 Volvo 960
    Visitor, Aurora, IL, November 25, 2011 08:47
    The Good: Car runs like a top, great engine and transmission, and at 151K exhaust is finally starting to go. Seats are super comfortable. The Bad: Brakes don't last in stop and go traffic. Steering wheel linkage replacement was worst repair. Rear wheel drive, had to get snow tires to make it driveable. Are they really made in Sweden? The LED's on the radio are about half gone. The leather is cracking on the seats. Rack and pinion replaced around 110K. A/C leak in condenser @ 120K. Batteries every 4 years on the dot. Bottom line; Getting really cheap miles in a comfortable,safe car that my kid drives to school every day.
  • Volvo Volvo C30 Owner Reviews (see 3 reviews)
  • 2009 Volvo C30
    tecee, Arlington, TX, November 25, 2012 20:46
    this has been agreat car except for the ac does not get cold enough as all my other cars did
  • Volvo Volvo 940 Owner Reviews (see 3 reviews)
  • 1991 Volvo 940
    Visitor, Oroville, WA, July 30, 2010 12:52
    A tremendous driver on the highway, the car gets up to speed fast fast and is smooth at speed, and sports are very forgiving ride around town. The car is heavy and in town driving fuel economy reflects that. Plastic trim/fitments eventually fall apart, disconnect, become the victims of plastic fatigue, etc. and this is the most noticeably sub par aspect of this model/year. Mine has an automatic transmission. It shifts smoothly, and keeps the car's power band in play appropriately under all driving conditions. The car was rated very safe in 1991, although watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBDyeWofcLY for crash info on today's highways.
  • Volvo Volvo 740 Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 1991 Volvo 740
    Visitor, Cohutta, GA, November 13, 2010 12:22
    Only have 270K miles on ours. We have had since 1991 and it is a tank. Only problems have been auxillary items, such as antenna, power window buttons, power locks, radio, blower motor, A/C. The powertrain is bulletproof. Still put in 5 quarts of oil and 5K miles later drain out 5 qts of oil.
  • Volvo Volvo XC60 Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 2013 Volvo XC60
    Visitor, Avon, NY, March 02, 2013 11:39
    2 days old and in my garage...it's a dream! I love it! Volvo XC60 2013 AWD Premier Plus, Ice White