» Volvo

Reviews for 23 Volvo models:

Volvo Reviews and Owner Comments

Volvo Owner Reviews (23 reviews)
    Volvo Volvo XC90 Owner Reviews (see 32 reviews)
  • 2003 Volvo XC90
    Visitor, Grapeview, WA, January 18, 2015 00:15
    Do not EVER buy this car. I don't think I'll ever get another Volvo. Just spent $6400 to fix the transmission, the leaking seals and on and on.
  • Volvo Volvo S80 Owner Reviews (see 31 reviews)
  • 2008 Volvo S80
    Mudhustler, Dayton, OH, February 13, 2015 21:20
    No caster adjustment capability. Accurate wheel alignment is impossible. Brand new tires every 15,000 miles. 82,000 miles and 4 sets of new Continental tires. EXPEEENSIVE. Local "wheel alignment shops all say "is well within specs". Hard pull to right, then a new alignment to make it go left, then nasty front tire wear. Impossible to align car with a center line of steering. Very disappointing. Car is always in a controlled skid and in a state understeer, then over correction, then back to understeer and on and oon and on.
  • Volvo Volvo S60 Owner Reviews (see 30 reviews)
  • 2013 Volvo S60
    tute, Potwin, KS, November 03, 2014 15:58
    I am very disappointed and heart broken with my S60,Volvo, 2013 It is not 1 year old yet. Just to name a few things. car's front end vibrates badly when just riding on the beltway, at any speed. Vibration can also be felt inside front on drivers side and even worse on passenger side front. When you pull off from a stop with little pressure on the gas pedal, front tires squeal, when you turn to the left with a very sharp turn, more squealing, from the tires. If you try to stop at a reasonable speed on the wet or dry surface, the brakes seems to pull the car to the side and a pulsation is felt in the brake pedals. This if frightening. Also, I had a leak, inside the car, front driver side. Too much, too many squeals from tires from any direction at any time.
  • Volvo Volvo V70 Owner Reviews (see 23 reviews)
  • 2004 Volvo V70
    Visitor, Atka, AK, February 07, 2015 14:56
    This review is sent from Thailand where I bought my Volvo V70 in 2004. The first thing that ever went wrong with the car in eleven years happened in January 2015. One of the bulbs of the headlights blew. That is the only time I have ever had to take my Volvo V70 to the garage other than for its regular service - in eleven years. I also have a Mercedes C200 station wagon, which is a few years older. The electronics / electrics failed and the car had to crawl home at about 5 mph in its third year, the air-conditioning fan control switch malfunctioned and had to be replaced in its fourth year, the ceiling fell down (detatched from the roof)(!) and a new one had to be fitted in its seventh year, and there is an incurable rattle in the back door. Apart from that, it is fine. I would like to buy one of the latest Volvos but fear I would be replacing an amazingly reliable car with one that perhaps is not. I just do not think I can ever part with my Volvo.
  • Volvo Volvo C70 Owner Reviews (see 19 reviews)
  • 2012 Volvo C70
    Visitor, Sayreville, NJ, November 14, 2014 09:17
    I bought my C70 brand new from the dealer. I have the upgraded turbo version. At 23,000 miles I started to feel a rattle - by 27,000 miles I thought the tires were going to fly off the car. I've had to have 3 rims repaired and replaced all 4 tires due to "feathering". The dealer has told me it's due to Jersey roads, potholes, and my driving. We'll see. I think it's a bit much to have to replace 4 tires at such low mileage. I LOVE everything else about the car - very comfortable - great trunk space (can fit my son's baseball bag + a cooler and still put the top down. Time will tell if the tires issue is due to me or something internal in the car.
  • Volvo Volvo S40 Owner Reviews (see 18 reviews)
  • 2006 Volvo S40
    Visitor, San Carlos, CA, September 18, 2014 22:48
    I have a 2006 S40, bought it at a Lexus dealer second hand. Went through previous repair documents and car fax. Car was and is still in Excellent condition, and has only 55K miles. However, 2 months after the purchase, the engine light appears on/off intermittently. Now it will not pass smog. Replaced oxygen and pressure sensors, Volvo dealers have had the car for a week and still cannot diagnose the problem. They suspect it is the electrical harness which cost over $2000 part only. Don't know if this will do the fix, I want to stop the bleeding and don't know what to do about it. Any suggestions….?
  • Volvo Volvo V70 XC Owner Reviews (see 14 reviews)
  • 2002 Volvo V70 XC
    Visitor, San Francisco, CA, May 20, 2014 21:52
    I bought my car in Buffalo NY in 2005 just off lease low mileage. I imported it to Canada..I live in Toronto. I have had to use a US zip code to post this. The car has been wonderful.in the winter I love to take it out after it has just snowed. I have Swedish brand snow tires..drives like a tank through the snow! Lots of fun. With our pot holes during the winter I have occasionally had to do some suspension work. I have just done the front brakes and new summer tires. I am very pleased with the enjoyment we have had with this car with minor repairs and maintenance. It feels safe and is very comfortable. It has 95,000mi on it as of today. We hope to keep it another 5-10 years.
  • Volvo Volvo S70 Owner Reviews (see 14 reviews)
  • 2000 Volvo S70
    Visitor, Vernon Hills, IL, September 24, 2013 16:17
    we have almost 130000miles on it. however, there are issues with check engine light on around 80000miles cost m more than $1000 to repair the catalyst but the light back on after around 1 year. now the coolant light on, no clue what caused this after changing thermostat, sensor. there were back lights, side lights out, changed them.
  • Volvo Volvo 240 Owner Reviews (see 12 reviews)
  • 1990 Volvo 240
    Visitor, Tacoma, WA, July 15, 2013 07:15
    My1990 Volvo 240 I have owned this car for seven years. It has now reached 140,000 and and has many more miles in her. All it has had is routine maintenance, Brakes oil changes a new radiator, and still starts first time every time. A brilliant car will go on and on.
  • Volvo Volvo 850 Owner Reviews (see 10 reviews)
  • 1995 Volvo 850
    Visitor, Clawson, MI, March 07, 2014 17:38
    I own a 1995 Volvo 850 turbo with 200,000+ miles on it. It still runs well for a 19 year old car. Only real problem is the air conditioning - after it failed twice i finally gave up on fixing it.
  • Volvo Volvo S90 Owner Reviews (see 7 reviews)
  • 1998 Volvo S90
    Visitor, San Diego, CA, March 31, 2014 19:32
    I have a 1998 Volvo S90, bought it, it was in bad shape except for the engine. put a used transmission in it, went to the junkyard and purchased basically a complete interior, seats, carpet. replaced a few bushings on the suspension and the lower control arms, new brakes, replaced a few bushings on the air pump(found those online)-these wear on all the s90 & 960 models. Replaced as many vaccum lines as I could. these vehicles tend to have vaccum leaks on the evap lines. there were a few cracked lines that were very obvious. always check the line that comes off the gas spout, it runs to a canister under the car, usually this one is cracked (sometimes you will get a fuel type smell) many of the bulbs in the dash go out as well, also got a bunch of those at the junkyard. besides that, these cars are tanks and run great, and feel like your driving a Cadillac.
  • Volvo Volvo XC70 Owner Reviews (see 7 reviews)
  • 2003 Volvo XC70
    Visitor, Bar Harbor, ME, October 03, 2014 15:04
    Great car, but don't buy it to save money. Get one and keep your Corolla or Civic for when gas goes up and for when its in the shop..-Gordon
  • Volvo Volvo V40 Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 2000 Volvo V40
    Visitor, Lafayette, LA, May 26, 2013 14:52
    Certainly no 1985 240. That was a well built car with good under the hood space to work on things. This Volvo is a mere shell of the former Volvo moniker. Small brake pads wear quick, turbo went out, mass airflow sensor twice, leaks oil from pan, currently dealing with changing the entire cooling system which requires taking far too many hoses and sensors off to do. All the rubber has gone to complete @#$%. The interior of my car also did not make it 10 years. Roof liner came off. So many problems with the piece of crap it's unbelievable. Something new every week it seems. Tie rods had to be replaced twice.
  • Volvo Volvo V50 Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 2005 Volvo V50
    Visitor, Erie, PA, January 15, 2014 10:51
    Bought used 2005 V50 2.4i and have only had two vehicle issues. 2nd issue caused by me. #1 is leaky sunroof causing lots of water on drivers rear side floor. Apparently cracked or broken plastic piece that funnels rain water to outlet tube. $900 to replace but most of that labor to pull seats and dry out carpeting. #2 was I spilled entire glass of green tea on shifter area. Leaked down and basically gummed up module which had to be replaced. In shop for 4 days waiting for new module
  • Volvo Volvo 960 Owner Reviews (see 4 reviews)
  • 1995 Volvo 960
    Visitor, Aurora, IL, November 25, 2011 11:47
    The Good: Car runs like a top, great engine and transmission, and at 151K exhaust is finally starting to go. Seats are super comfortable. The Bad: Brakes don't last in stop and go traffic. Steering wheel linkage replacement was worst repair. Rear wheel drive, had to get snow tires to make it driveable. Are they really made in Sweden? The LED's on the radio are about half gone. The leather is cracking on the seats. Rack and pinion replaced around 110K. A/C leak in condenser @ 120K. Batteries every 4 years on the dot. Bottom line; Getting really cheap miles in a comfortable,safe car that my kid drives to school every day.
  • Volvo Volvo 940 Owner Reviews (see 4 reviews)
  • 1994 Volvo 940
    Chuckswededriver, Reeds Spring, MO, January 31, 2015 23:57
    Bought the car new in 95 with one purpose in mind; protection for my wife and kids. Through the years, the Volvo has saved life limb and trauma on two different occasions. (auto crashes ie; being plowed into by other vehicles. Only until recently, our volvo has had minimal mechanical/electric problems...but now, pushing on toward 300K and into another twenty years of service, is "she" faltering. I raised three boys in the back seat of that car..picture it in your mind..yeah shes taken a beating inside and out..But I'm telling you, the 940 Volvo wagon is still as much of a world class car today as the day I drove it off the lot. Its paid for itself a couple of times and is proudly my wisest money spent ...ever. Bury me in my wagon. Million miles, here we come.
  • Volvo Volvo C30 Owner Reviews (see 3 reviews)
  • 2009 Volvo C30
    tecee, Arlington, TX, November 25, 2012 23:46
    this has been agreat car except for the ac does not get cold enough as all my other cars did
  • Volvo Volvo 740 Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 1991 Volvo 740
    Visitor, Cohutta, GA, November 13, 2010 15:22
    Only have 270K miles on ours. We have had since 1991 and it is a tank. Only problems have been auxillary items, such as antenna, power window buttons, power locks, radio, blower motor, A/C. The powertrain is bulletproof. Still put in 5 quarts of oil and 5K miles later drain out 5 qts of oil.
  • Volvo Volvo XC60 Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 2013 Volvo XC60
    Visitor, Avon, NY, March 02, 2013 14:39
    2 days old and in my garage...it's a dream! I love it! Volvo XC60 2013 AWD Premier Plus, Ice White