Buick Reviews

Buick Reviews and Owner Comments

best car iv'e had, only afew minor issues 100,000 miles
bought 06 lucerne with 21k. had the car for 6 yrs. it was in the shop over 30 times with problem after problem. i spent over $12,000 on upkeep and repairs. this is a lemon. will never buy a buick again. this car is a money pit and completley un-reliable. problems included door lock solenoids, always vibrates, paint swirls, power window problem, ratttling noises in the right rear door, transmission lines rotting out twice, wheel bearings shot, front and rear suspencion, water pump, heating and cooling issue,clunking hard shift i the transmission at times, multiple brake problems, air bag problems with the sensores, door handles broke off, antenna broke off, window washer pump broke and on and on and on a real POS.
I had an 1985 Buick Le Sabre. With 55 K miles. I inherited some money, so I bought a new Buick Le Sabre. 2001 I do miss the old velour seats. That car could turn on a dime. Better than my new one. On the freeway it really went. How about those old bumper guards. I got rear ended at a stop light. No damage to my car. Hers just bounced off, of my car with front damage. Yes I had a back register wire break. I took it to be fixed. Way too money. So a friend fixed it for free. Just took off the door panel, put on a new register, and that was it. He showed me where the wire had broken. Other than that, I have no complaints. I am 83, and want a smaller car. This one is too big to park in parking lots.
Purchased this car when we were in MAINE.It was a program car from DETROIT,MI and had 5240 miles on it Rides like we are on a couch. Had to replace both front wheel Bearing Hubs and the usual Brakes.Gets great gas mileage 28-32 so can not complain for this size car. I now have 171,000 miles on it and hope to continue keeping it as compared to all these new cars all getting recalls.Best car I ever had. Thanks GM !!
I bought a used Buick Lucerne in 2011 with 30K miles. Right away it started to have a rotten egg smell. I took it to the Chevrolet dealer in my town and they couldn't smell it. I continued to return it and at that time they smelled it and said they to use high test fuel and they cleaned out the fuel injectors. Problem still existed. Back to the dealer. They smelled the sulfur coming from the car and installed a catalytic converter. Smell continued. Back to the dealer and the service department installed another converter. Meanwhile, the door handle just came off in my hand. Had to pay for that to be fixed. Just got the car back from the service department and was told the problem was because we didn't drive it enough and should take the car and drive it on long trips. We were told by the service writer that he could go on the lot and drive any car out there and it would do the same as ours. They loaned us a 2015 Chevrolet Impala which was only driven a total of 30 miles in two days and not once did it have the rotten egg smell. Our old '97 Buick Le Sabre was a wonderful car. It had well over 130,000 miles and still ran and drove like a new car.Leather interior, good steering, good gas mileage and very dependable.And now Buick is selling a car that stinks, not leather all around the seats, steering isn't that great and the worst of it is... The service department can only come up with "It smells because of sulfur in the gasoline, it's not driven that much and all the cars are doing that. Don't believe it. Lest I forget, we had to have the rack and pinion replaced.
Bought this Lesabre used at 90,000 miles, now has 270,000. Had two of the most commonly found problems: 1) windows stick, requiring replacement of motor; and 2) fuel pump went bad, probably because I drove it to almost empty every fill-up. No transmission or engine problems. On cruise control it does better than the EPA estimate: at 65 mph gets 33-34 mph. One of the best full-size sedans.
Car has had it's minor problems but has always got me from point A-B. I also have been rear-ended before, hard, and the back of the car held up very well.
I just brought a used 2004 with 180000 miles on it....I have had a few small problems with it..but I love it and it a great driving suv..
Ive owned two buick park avenues. A 1994 and a 1995. Both beautiful cars. Such a smooth drive, gets great gas mileage for the size of the car, V6 engine, and so much space to spread out compared to newer cars. My dad got the first one for me and my brothers for its extremely large engine and strong frame for more protection if we ever got in a car crash. Great for teen drivers. Both buicks had pretty much the exact same problems. One of my biggest pet pevs is the electric system. The first buick had a wiring system that was over heating the car so much that it would shut down. I have had to replace numerous electrical parts in the car-most common: seats, power steering button, trunk button, and windows. I would say the only main problem is the electrical system. I dont know why but my battery would always die (replaced 3 times between both cars) I would say be prepared to replace electrical every now and then. The engine did go on me with both buicks-after 100,000 sum miles. The great thing is that in wisconsin there are so many buick parts that it didnt cost to much to find a newer engine- havent had a problem after that. But other than that the car is beautiful. Great in winter conditions- heaver so it doesnt get stuck so easy. Once its moving it just coast. Make sure to regularly change the oil, fill up the tires, and baby it. Itll run like a champ if you keep up to date with it. In the past 2 years I have only had to make 2 repairs on it due to rust. -Tamara
Car has 43,000 miles,always serviced before it's called for and the transmissions gone, needs replacement, had all sorts of problems with lane sensor, side obstacle sensors, on star and ignition switch, but nothing like the huge expense of having the tranny rebuilt. GM just isn't what it used to be. Beautiful car but not built to last and it wasn't cheap either.
We have had fairly good luck with our '03 Century. Had lifters replaced at 50,000 miles because of clatter at a Chevy dealer in Sandy. After 1000 mi or so it was as noisy as before. Were they actually replaced? Get better A/C on passenger side. Power window problems, but all in all its been a good dependable car. Its nearing 100,000 miles. p.s. replaced catalytic converter recently.
Purchased this 2013 Enclave AWD (loaded) brand new two years ago. Currently has 33,000 miles on it, and I have had no problems with it. It rides great and I have been impressed with Buick ever since. Engine and drivetrain ride smoothly and has plenty of torque for towing trailers of "stuff" from Ohio to Florida, thru the mountains and valleys of West Virginia. I am a new car freak who has owned many, many new vehicles over the years and the Enclave is the best in class for US automakers. Only real complaints: 1) MPG is about 18.5 so far, and 2) I believe the brakes are undersized for this heavy of a vehicle especially because I had a factory towing package included when I ordered it.
I will never buy a Buick ever again. General Motors knew problems with these cars never put on a recall I have a 2006 Buick Lucerne its been nothing but problems with doors not closing properly and engine has tons of issues my car is low mileage (98,000 miles) burns oil like crazy took into shop no oil left into engine because of faulty pre cats I am looking into a salvage engine. The brakes aren't good have replaced 3 sets already so sick of this piece of junk want to get out of this money pit. Bought used with 32000 miles 4 years ago now its a lemon time push over cliff I like elegance styling but characteristics a very unreliable car I also got 6 wheel bearings replaced. Body isn't good the whole front bumper has come apart I don't drive hard or abuse vehicles seems like this car was in a Crash Test Program even transmission slips into 2nd gear now wouldn't go into drive had me stopped right in middle of my driveway had a neighbor help push it back into driveway until call for somebody help me I've spent $2345 on a new transmission now seems problem happening again because feel some hard jerking I absolutely hate this car. First and last Buick hopefully find an auto dealer take in my trade so get out of this junk.
This was my grandparents until they passed away. I inherited their 1997 Lesabre Custom with 85,000 miles didn't drive many places since elderly people. The body is in good shape stereo with Delco cassette plays impressive very comfortable buckets, fixed one of the headlights wasn't working it still runs like new bought in 2005 as a free ride. I own this car now, thankfully hasn't made me put no expenses into high expensive repairs vehicle has 104986 miles 3.8L engine idles very quiet I always used a car cover staying in decent condition interior is very clean though have smaller kids no tears or rips everything works great on the Buick. It has been a well maintained car all these years even when my grandparents owned it my grandpa took very excellent care of it when first bought late '96 of a 1997 model year car love this car. I'd wouldn't hesitate in getting one of these couldn't pass reliability with a Buick might be for an elder person but truly reliable with decent ride, great sound system, spacious and very low maintenance.
Other than manifold head gasket it is a pretty well good car love it to death. Thank u Jesus I have 200,000 miles on the odometer has not shown any significant problems of quitting yet. Will drive until run it through ground no costly repairs but only minor thing having out vehicle be headlight bulbs doesn't last long have to get some so keep whenever one of the lights go out. Regal is a flawless car gets 24 miles per gallon round trips around city looks beautiful in and out absolutely love this car. Engine runs well replaced oil and change fluids making it last I believe u want find a clean '95 Regal around Lexington in good running condition its the best car I have ever had.
Bought my SUV used in 2010 love what counts on my Rendezvous CXL no issues still peppy took few trips out of town plus gets decent gas mileage. I got spark plugs changed at 102,000 miles and set of new tires drives solid has awesome handling believe long term reliability is no problem. Good sound system love the comfortable seats materials are nice came with a sunroof . I like the style of this SUV it is a nice Buick bought used all my maintenance are cheap getting things done on it. It would make a great family SUV being more affordable for the buck never left me stranded took a trip down to Atlanta this Rendezvous handle interstates very well I appreciate all monies worth getting out of my Rendezvous.
Very pleased with my Rendezvous purchased it new. She has 240,000 miles no problems I just bought a Enclave since love Buick's for life u just can't pass their reliability.
The car might look bad but it's reliable purchased in 1998 from a friend who took his kids around my son's drove it but they have abused my Lesabre looks like been in a crash dummy that is what you get handling over the keys to teens. I am getting it fixed up still reliable just in bad shape it won't die. My friend bought this car new he kept it up now looks like a rag on wheels planning to drive until motor quits.
One of the best Big gems ever on the road. Buick gave it the right name Road master love the tight ride with the LT1 engine has good punch to throttle. These cars last forever owned a 92 sold off recently bought a clean 1995 back in 2010 last went 300,000 miles no problems hope this last me believe it will can trust the cars they are built like tanks.
Love the car has some electronic issues seats quit working and cruise control switch malfunctions but runs well with 3800 engine I did pull the battery because this car would crank real slow plus had a mechanic run some coils but nothing showed about problem. The fuel pump was replaced as alternator but problem occurs which think Rivieras had common problems love the car it's a good car but has some design flaws. I am thinking of doing some mechanical work by hand saving myself some money bought it used last year paid $800 guess the owner didn't want to put anymore work into the car he told me all the things had to be done on car which makes the 4th owner driving it. It is a nice looking car but has lots of mechanical problems it hiccups when driving acts like going to stall don't know if car is on its last leg but will get everything fixed going to Auto parts store getting parts much cheaper.
My Enclave is a lemon. The engine is not reliable and sunroof leaks bought this SUV in 2012 with 83K miles now transmission is shuddering while rpms going over 2,000. Air conditioning system went out twice and have a blown head gasket spend couple bucks getting my car repaired it is not safe at all. I am not going to put my family in danger we will be getting rid of it and looking at Toyota for next car. GM should be shamed want reimburse since out of warranty now I'm stuck with the repair cost but not long at all until we go looking at another vehicle my family isn't getting killed in this lemon would never purchase a GM ever again.
Took this car in few repairs. Mechanic fixed 3 window regulators and got tranny rebuilt at 60k miles it did stall on me several times all times have taken in to Napa and other mechanics one of the engine coils misfired I spent $338 on getting new parts like module, crankshaft sensor and piston work done at 140k miles. The anti theft system had me locked in my car for 2 hours while waiting on assistance come to my needs was an shorted in the electrical wiring had an diagram done but nothing didn't show. The brakes are not good almost rear ended an Mercedes in front of me took to a shop all 4 brakes were 100% out think paid $110 plus with calipers and rotors done which shop kept my car overnight. Truly believe this car is unreliable can't afford new vehicle so keep putting money into this car getting lots of repairs done which not a good thing on my part. So far car can be good when works when wants too but repairs are expensive because seems like everyday its something I have to get fix on this car this is a lemon should have never bought this vehicle or got car fax report on the history before decide getting it causing me to be broke in fixing all repairs might as well take this money put on a car note instead of taking this car to shop more frequently.
Love my car. It is stylish, spacious, quiet and smooth. I have the premium 1 model superb performance gets good gas mileage and love the options. This was the 1st Buick I have purchased love everything on this car.
Bought this 2005 in 2013 with 75k on it. Avg mileage 22mpg HORRIBLE. The care this car received from the first elderly owner was impeccable and now I'm driving it minimally but see no improvement in the mileage. Hwy or city...it doesn't matter. It's HORRIBLE. Where is all the wonderfulness that I've been hearing about?? Yeh, the car is sturdy, smooth, quiet, and reliable. But it's a tank...a gas hog...and I'm going broke on it, driving less than 8k a year?? The latest ongoing saga with it is Nov'13' the gage said I needed a new gas cap/engine light accompanied this; Nov'14' exactly one year later the SAME thing. It took 6 caps, last year, to get the car to stop throwing codes. I hope this time is different, it's been 3 days since the cap was changed and the 2 codes still prevail. GRRRRRRR :(
worst car i have owned. engine surging problems which the dealership claims to not be able to find. replaced both rear bearrings, rack and pinion leaking, rotors and pads. hard idle, car almost wants to die. again dealership not able to detect since no codes set off by it. idle sensor already replaced. sharp looking car but dont let that deceive all the problems. ugh...
Bought this car 3 mos. ago because my last vehicle developed problems that no one seemed able to fix. HA! I should have saved myself the anguish and the repair bills. First there were the shocks and the swaybar bushings, then the headlights were misaligned (far too low, but the dealership said they were fine), then one of the taillights went out, then one of the turn signals, and now one of the headlights. OMG, what's next? I've NEVER had a vehicle that had these kinds of problems one after the other. The Rainier looks great and is fun to drive, but you'll go broke trying to keep up with the failures. I'm starting to wonder if this is just a coincidence, or will I be facing at least one repair every month for as long as I hang on to this lemon. Oh, I forgot to mention how the engine fluctuates and the HVAC system roars. I think Buick stopped making Rainiers because they couldn't keep coming up with good excuses for their design flaws.
I purchased my 2007 Buick Lucerne in July of 2006. It was on the dealers showroom floor and I fell in love with it. After 7 1/2 and 71,000 miles, I still enjoy driving it. It's the best car by far that I have ever owned. The dealer in Summerville SC I purchesed it from is the only place I have ever had it serviced. They preform the required maintenance and don't pressure to have things done that don't need to be done. Thumbs up to GM and the 2007 Buick Lucerne CRS and to our local dealer here in Summerville SC.
I am 29 years old and have owned two 1994 Buick Centuries in my life - the first time as a teenager in high school and just recently bought another (both white with blue interior!). I didn't appreciate what I had as a teenager, but after owning a few other less quality cars in the last 10 years, I knew it was fate when I came across the craigslist ad for a white 94 Buick Century after I totaled my last car. At 20 years old, she has little to no rust, has been perfectly maintained with all documentation, was always garaged, never driven in bad/wet weather and only had 51,983 ACTUAL miles! It is perfect because it is reliable, cheap to fix and maintain and unassuming. The only complaints I have are that the gear shift lever on the column gets in the way of the radio controls and seat covers are pretty much impossible to find unless you have them custom made. Other than that, best car ever. I'm hoping to own a third one some day!
I bought this car 2 years ago with 29k miles. It now has 44k. It has climate control and the AC is on constantly even when I turn it off manually it comes back on when restarted. Had to replace hood struts and rear window regulator. The headlights stay on an hour after sunrise so I cant read the digital display. The outside air temp can take up to 45 min before it registers correctly. The top of the dash cracked in 3 spots on three occasions. When power seems weak, I pull off the road and restart and all is fine. The side view mirror only moves in 3 directions. The center brake light is out and both sections of the back seat need removed to get at it. Something new goes wrong every time I try to sell it. And now I have an ignition recall.
I bought this car from my grandmother before she died. it a 2007 Lacrosse. it only had 22000 miles on it. it has always had a musty, mildew smell. especially after it rained. I started going through the trunk looking for this smell and found out that the trunk leaks water in right above the tail lights. I've made appointment with the dealership. This is defiantly a poor design. Hopefully they fix it. Also clunking when I true the steering wheel.