» Toyota

Reviews for 33 Toyota models:

Toyota Reviews and Owner Comments

Toyota Owner Reviews (33 reviews)
    Toyota Toyota Camry Owner Reviews (see 247 reviews)
  • 2012 Toyota Camry
    Visitor, Columbus, GA, December 24, 2014 19:17
    Purchased in late 2011 has few problems. The car has been acting up lately like won't start loss acceleration and A/C smells like mildew. Took in this week to shop because engine makes a loud noise at 30 mph mechanic did some coils but nothing showed also experience transmission problems the car will get stuck into 3rd gear I am taking in to a specialist about this problem. I bought this car because had a 1991 Corolla that was a darn good car but now Toyota quality has falling down in last couple years this is first and last Toyota will ever buy. I'm switching to Honda.
  • Toyota Toyota Corolla Owner Reviews (see 166 reviews)
  • 2014 Toyota Corolla
    Visitor, Joliet, IL, December 23, 2014 00:32
    I had a 2007 with 234K miles bought a 2014 LE Eco Plus love this more sportier car has all new bells and whistles. CVT is perfect in city driving gets excellent fuel economy throughout city/highway it is a awesome car love navigation, heated seats, blue tooth, and rear view camera fits in a better value one of a kind.
  • Toyota Toyota Avalon Owner Reviews (see 66 reviews)
  • 2000 Toyota Avalon
    Visitor, Largo, FL, December 05, 2014 09:13
    My 2000 Toyota Avalon has 232,000 miles and runs and feels great, I have a 2003 highlander with 96,000 miles but prefer the Avalon because is a better ride and have no problems with it. The Avalon is my regular ride every where. I am the second owner, the music system and a/c are excellent. Is a XLS 6 cyl. The high millage does not matter as long I take good care of the car and do the fluids changes and tune ups my self.
  • Toyota Toyota Sienna Owner Reviews (see 64 reviews)
  • 2005 Toyota Sienna
    Toyota Forum, Moneta, VA, August 02, 2014 09:59
    I bought my 2005 Sienna LE new in March 2005. It now has 192000 miles on it. I've had routine maintenance done on a regular schedule. I've used Mobile One synthetic oil in it since it's first oil change. A weak point is the paint finish. I have a rust spot on the hood, rubber gasket around the base of the windshield is coming loose. Hence my reason for only 4 starts on body. Interior has worn very well, in fact it shows no sign of wear. I will admit, a lot of the mileage is long distance driving. HOWEVER, the brakes are another story. I've replaced the pad and rotors three times. Right now, I get a thumping when I apply the brakes firmly. I pulled a front wheel off and the pads have plenty of life left and the rotor is very smooth and shows little if any sign of wear. My QUESTION: what could be causing the thumping if the brakes are OK? ? ? Other than brakes, this has been a GREAT vehicle and I plan to buy another new one in 2015. Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.
  • Toyota Toyota Tacoma Owner Reviews (see 63 reviews)
  • 2010 Toyota Tacoma
    Visitor, Great Barrington, MA, June 25, 2014 15:42
    I have now owned 2 new Toyota products along with a newly purchased "Certified" Toyota Prius C. My purchase of the Prius came very, very prematurely. Right as Summer is upon us in the northeast my AC compressor decided to die at under 29,000 miles in my 2010 Tacoma. Of course 3 years has passed on my warranty but I was well under the 36,000 miles. It would have been at least $1900 before a hefty CT. sales tax to do the fix, and even then, who knows what else may have been at play. I could not see dumping that kind of money into a vehicle issue that should be covered by Toyota. The Sales Manager worked with me and got me into a pre-owned 2012 Prius with 47,000 miles on it. The trade was a wash and all I paid out of pocket was a doc fee, sales tax, reg/title and a pre-emptive platinum wrap warranty. I originally bought the Tacoma without even entertaining such an added expense, but now my confidence in Toyota is tarnished and I hope my latest car purchase will bring my confidence back into the fold. Had I had it fixed out of pocket or forgone the fix and gone to any other dealer or sold privately, I would be extremely unhappy with my losses. I feel like the dealership handled the situation as best they could and I feel I got a fair trade. At the end of the day, I know I will miss my truck and can only hope that the gas savings and new car settle my discontent.
  • Toyota Toyota 4Runner Owner Reviews (see 63 reviews)
  • 2012 Toyota 4Runner
    Visitor, Lynchburg, VA, December 22, 2014 23:36
    Great road handling. Best SUV ever owned has 45k miles no problems gets good gas mileage will never get rid of my 4runner a great SUV with comfortable and great features.
  • Toyota Toyota Solara Owner Reviews (see 51 reviews)
  • 2002 Toyota Solara
    samanthafox, Oak Creek, WI, December 04, 2014 17:39
    had my toyota for 3 yrs,i love my car,now its rattling on the right side of engine,on the outside of it, i need to know what it could be, and how much too fix it, it makes a little rattling when on and parked and when i start giving gas at the begining and when i stop.
  • Toyota Toyota RAV4 Owner Reviews (see 41 reviews)
  • 1996 Toyota RAV4
    Visitor, Fresno, CA, November 17, 2014 09:12
    Over 150,000K, 4x4, 2-door. The only significant problem were two separate CEL issues. Trusted local mechanics were unable to fix either problem after multiple tries. Finally, took it to the dealer and, yes, they charged me through the nose each time, but both times it was fixed the same day. Lesson learned: there really are some things the dealer can do better (assuming they're on the up-n-up with you)!
  • Toyota Toyota Sequoia Owner Reviews (see 36 reviews)
  • 2003 Toyota Sequoia
    Visitor, Bethesda, MD, December 22, 2014 23:44
    Great dependable truck has the 4WD still a comfortable refined sport utility the kids are grown but I can't sell it because it's a great SUV. I do get brakes and calipers replaced offer also heard about recall with the ball joints on Sequoias so took to dealer for a fix. Since its older now found an reliable mechanic who does great repairs on my Sequoia driving it now at 218,000 miles never have had issues with nothing it does drink a lot of gas but totally a dependable horseman
  • Toyota Toyota Land Cruiser Owner Reviews (see 33 reviews)
  • 2005 Toyota Land Cruiser
    Visitor, Ponca City, OK, December 16, 2013 13:24
    This is my second Landcruiser, the only reason we replaced the first is beacuse a low miles one rarely comes up - so we traded up a couple years. The AC blows my husbands new Tundra out of the water- acceleration in passing is powerful, rides quiet and smooth- would not trade it for ANY other SUV. THE best vehicle we have ever owned- now driving Landcruiser for 12 years!
  • Toyota Toyota Pickup Owner Reviews (see 32 reviews)
  • 1991 Toyota Pickup
    Visitor, Wake Island, HI, March 27, 2014 21:53
    I have a rav4 2001 model, Got tapping noise as if its a loose tappet don't know about these is it true the oil pick up on these block easily,ran engine cleaner through it twice and did make little difference. Is it true that they don't have the usual set up and you cant just tighten the tappets by taking off the tappet cover or what ever top cover on motor joined to head is called on these things. Any advice would be much appreciated,ASAP Please
  • Toyota Toyota Celica Owner Reviews (see 28 reviews)
  • 1999 Toyota Celica
    Visitor, Tacoma, WA, February 11, 2014 05:44
    can a rav4 engine fit a celica ???????
  • Toyota Toyota Prius Owner Reviews (see 27 reviews)
  • 2008 Toyota Prius
    Visitor, Woodland Hills, CA, June 13, 2013 18:47
    The air conditioner compressor is defective in these cars and they should be recalled. They are expensive items(2,000repair.) For that kind of money they should not fail. Toyota needs to address this problem. They fail at about 70,000 miles.
  • Toyota Toyota Highlander Owner Reviews (see 27 reviews)
  • 2005 Toyota Highlander
    Visitor, Peabody, MA, June 30, 2014 21:12
    Bought new in 2005 v6 AWD Toyota Highlander, now have 148,000 miles. Best vehicle i have ever owned, and i have owned a few nice vehicles before and during owning this vehicler. I have replaced regular stuff like tires, pads, rotors, wipers, battery... normal stuff. Other issues have been that something went on with hot/cold knob where it would not turn to cold. i now have a minor, but still existent exhaust leak. My moonroof stopped working at about 100k and i just leave it closed and never bothered to fix it since Toyota wanted $1400 to fix. I do not know why seeing that i could install a moonroof in a car that doesn't have one for about that price. But that is it, i would recommended this vehicle to anyone
  • Toyota Toyota Tundra Owner Reviews (see 23 reviews)
  • 2012 Toyota Tundra
    Visitor, Vaughnsville, OH, December 22, 2014 23:29
    Love my Tundra owned a 5 yr old F-150 before buying the Tundra a sweet double cab didn't get all bells and whistles as my 2007 F-150 but is a dependable truck. It tows things well and rides smooth. At now 68,000 miles get serviced at dealer which offers excellent service plus have the Toyota Maintenance Care Plan works great too.
  • Toyota Toyota T100 Owner Reviews (see 23 reviews)
  • 1997 Toyota T100
    Visitor, Hampstead, MD, March 01, 2014 07:50
    my t100 has 173.000 miles on it bought it brand new...reg.t100 problems..only thing I wish I what have done was get an stainless stell exhaust.. I want thru 4 so far...still runs like brand new...only one front end all. because I had to replace a tie rod end..but over all I got my money worth I think...I hate to guess how much I spent in gas the lat 17 teen yrs..lol the truck is really rusting out bad..i guess when the wheels fall off I get another car or something..that get good mpg...people stop your bitching about how your t100 frame rails have rust on them...if you were this old on the east coast any truck would hsve rust...doug
  • Toyota Toyota Matrix Owner Reviews (see 21 reviews)
  • 2007 Toyota Matrix
    Visitor, Tabernacle, NJ, November 02, 2014 14:12
    Bought new in March 2007 and now have 165,000 miles... NEVER needed a single repair. In fact this car has never seen a mechanic except to have new tires installed. On my third set of tires and third set of brakes. I have easily maintained it myself, only needing oil change/tire rotation every 5k miles and an occasional air filter change. At 100k I changed the Transmission fluid, coolant, spark plugs and belt. That's it. I have not been easy on this car, but it has never failed once. The Matrix has a Corolla engine... without a doubt the most reliable engine ever built. If the maintenance schedule was followed from new, a Matrix should last well over 300k miles. Mine still looks good and is still fun to drive. I wish they still made this car.
  • Toyota Toyota Echo Owner Reviews (see 20 reviews)
  • 2000 Toyota Echo
    Visitor, Oshkosh, WI, August 12, 2014 16:59
    I bought my Echo with 172,000 miles on it. Shortly after purchase , I had shift cable freeze up. Not Toyota' s issue. It was pinched in an exhaust connection, by a dumb mechanic. Replaced leaky water pump & a weak alternator, shortly after purchase. Other than that, it's been oil & filter changes, & air filter & spark plug. All brake pads & shoes replaced along with tires. Now at 225,000, I am replacing the power steering high pressure line, Due to wear from a rough Wisconsin winter. Very reliable car. Tough, too! 6 minor accidents & very little damage to show for it.
  • Toyota Toyota Yaris Owner Reviews (see 16 reviews)
  • 2007 Toyota Yaris
    Visitor, Azusa, CA, August 27, 2014 09:54
    So I bought my car from carmax. Its a 2007 4 door sedan. I love this car. Its great on gas, its easy to drive and i feel safe driving it. This car is perfect for workers or students. I currently live in Azusa and I work 2 jobs, one job in Glendale and the other in Pasadena. Ive had my car a year now, and I haven't had to do anything but change the oil when needed. Ive also driven my car to Vegas and San Diego, and I didn't worry about gas. I recommend this type of car to any one. Even is your making payments, its not a lot of money out of pocket. I am glad to be driving a Toyota Yaris.
  • Toyota Toyota Tercel Owner Reviews (see 15 reviews)
  • 1996 Toyota Tercel
    Visitor, College Station, TX, September 20, 2012 21:56
    I have been using since 2009 to date almost four years but changed only battery,refill gas.Toyota Tercel 1996.
  • Toyota Toyota Paseo Owner Reviews (see 12 reviews)
  • 1992 Toyota Paseo
    Visitor, Wake Island, HI, December 02, 2013 15:55
    Great car - fantastic reliability We have had this car for 6 years and it is now on 230,000 kms Only changed battery & tyres plus oil Doesnt leak creak or over heat fantastic
  • Toyota Toyota Previa Owner Reviews (see 10 reviews)
  • 1991 Toyota Previa
    Visitor, Paris, KY, February 15, 2012 15:12
    I bought my Toyota Previa new in 1990... a 1991 model. Since then, my children and I have put 489,000 miles on it. Today I learned that I may need a differencial. Other than that it's an amazing vehicle and I intend to replace the differencial...but I need to locate a used one somewhere. This will be the first major repair to my awesome vehicle. I love driving it just like I did when I drove it off the lot! If anyone knows of place to get an inexpensive differencial for it, please advise. Thanks.
  • Toyota Toyota Camry Hybrid Owner Reviews (see 7 reviews)
  • 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid
    Visitor, Dallas, TX, April 12, 2013 08:12
    I couldn't have been any happier than I have been with this car! The fuel economy, dependability, speed, handling, and durability have far surpassed all my expectations. It helped me save a life as I had no choice but to rush a teenage hit and run victim to a hospital late o e night. It was steadily accelerating past 130mph. I was completely shocked and even more grateful for getting me there within mere seconds before he would've been hopeless. I never thought I would appreciate a car so much, but I'm glad I was wrong.I plan on keeping "Cammy" until I have absolutely no other choice. Chris R.
  • Toyota Toyota MR2 Spyder Owner Reviews (see 6 reviews)
  • 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    Visitor, Moorestown, NJ, February 17, 2013 21:57
    A blast to drive even at 102K and fuel economy remains at factory specs (26/32 mpg) even though a tune up has yet to be done. Low maintenance and nary a repair the whole while. Finish remains bright and shiny even though parked outdoor year round. This car corners and handles like a dream. Headlights could provide more field of view, but the brakes are fantastic are the the transmission, suspension and build quality throughout. Highly recommended.
  • Toyota Toyota Venza Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 2009 Toyota Venza
    Roses49, Gulfport, MS, June 11, 2014 11:13
    I've owned a Venza since September 2009 & have not experienced any problems. The Road Noise is too loud, so more insulation ?? may be needed. Leather seats are still in great condition & very comfortable. Electric seats still functioning well. JBL sound system is very good. The storage area is very ample. The back seats fold down, allowing for very long items. when We have taken trips, we found the vehicle to be comfortable, roomy & fantastic on mileage. We actually experianced average gas mileage on the interstate of 33.1/mpg (amazing!).
  • Toyota Toyota FJ Cruiser Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Visitor, Greensboro, NC, January 14, 2013 12:25
    I love my baby. Got her in 2011 with 26,000 miles on her. She was and is still like new. I have no problem taking her to the dealer for regular maintenance. Handles like a sports car. Smooth ride like a touring sedan. Just sweet.
  • Toyota Toyota Highlander Hybrid Owner Reviews (see 3 reviews)
  • 2009 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
    edmarch, Spokane, WA, December 20, 2010 05:22
    This vehicle is my first Toyota . It functions as advertised but it really doesn't have that technology leap that I expected buying a "hybrid". its has obtained an average overall MPG of approx. 21.4. The hybrid system performs better in warmer weather (a function of the battery electrolyte reaction) than cold. Its run as an electric vehicle (EV) for less than a mile at speeds less than 15 mph in traffic congestion but battery depletes an it take time to regenerate sufficient energy levels to drive in EV mode again. The EV mode is more of a novelty than really functional. The suggested EPA MPG rating is optimistic at best. Overall impression so far is that its a bit pricey ($45000) and has never really measures up to hybrid standards. Its a stop gap "hybrid" that falls short of real world green expectations.
  • Toyota Toyota Supra Owner Reviews (see 3 reviews)
  • 1997 Toyota Supra
    Visitor, Stafford, VA, April 12, 2013 06:15
    Engine cranks but will not start;getting 12 volts with ignition switch in on position, drpos to 8 volts during cranking. I have replaced the battery
  • Toyota Toyota MR2 Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 1995 Toyota MR2
    suzkarmah, Dallas, TX, February 03, 2010 15:17
    I had the pleasure of owning 3 MR2s, the 1st year, 1985, the 1989, last year of the orig body style and finally, the creme de la creme, the 1995 Turbo package 2nd body style, last year for the car in the US. I will always love the MR2, the car is so well balanced, the engine never overstepping what the cornering capabilities are, etc. There is plenty of room for storage and passengers without bumping into each other. The car accelerates to 110 quickly and smoothly and exhibits no noise, no rattles at 127mph, the fastest I ever got it up to, and even after a decade the car was solid as it was when I bought it. If I found a premium 95 MR2, I'd be very tempted to trade my Boxster S for it. I love the MR2.
  • Toyota Toyota Celica All-Trac Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 1993 Toyota Celica All-Trac
    Visitor, Diamond Bar, CA, May 04, 2010 01:48
    Nice looking car, sharp handling, precise steering with good feedback, short distance braking, nice interior, comfortable driving position, practical liftback trunk. A little bit heavy, not so powerful below 2700 rpm. Problems: Overheating & need new head gasket, AC not cold & need new compressor, electric antenna stuck. Overall, it's the best Celica ever with good reliability.