» Toyota

Reviews for 33 Toyota models:

Toyota Reviews and Owner Comments

Toyota Owner Reviews (33 reviews)
    Toyota Toyota Camry Owner Reviews (see 236 reviews)
  • 2008 Toyota Camry
    Visitor, Fairview, NC, August 17, 2014 10:55
    At around 55,000 miles, my 2008 Toyota Camry started drinking oil. Using approximately 1 quart every 800 miles. According to the Toyota owners manual this is acceptable so they won't do anything about it. I have to carry oil around in my trunk all the time, just in case my oil light comes on. Not much use in changing the oil since it is always "new". Now my dam sun visor is broken on the drivers side and it won't stay up! I WILL NEVER buy a TOYOTA AGAIN!
  • Toyota Toyota Corolla Owner Reviews (see 158 reviews)
  • 2002 Toyota Corolla
    Visitor, Fort Worth, TX, June 28, 2014 16:19
    I bought this car new in Dec. 2001. It has been totally reliable. Changed the oil as needed and followed the service manual until the warranty expired. Still change the oil as indicated. Have only had to do the usual services such as new battery, tires, a couple of light bulbs, and brake pads. I think there might have been a couple of minor warranty issues but all good. Has almost 120,000. Been a great car. Still looks great.
  • Toyota Toyota Sienna Owner Reviews (see 64 reviews)
  • 2005 Toyota Sienna
    Toyota Forum, Moneta, VA, August 02, 2014 09:59
    I bought my 2005 Sienna LE new in March 2005. It now has 192000 miles on it. I've had routine maintenance done on a regular schedule. I've used Mobile One synthetic oil in it since it's first oil change. A weak point is the paint finish. I have a rust spot on the hood, rubber gasket around the base of the windshield is coming loose. Hence my reason for only 4 starts on body. Interior has worn very well, in fact it shows no sign of wear. I will admit, a lot of the mileage is long distance driving. HOWEVER, the brakes are another story. I've replaced the pad and rotors three times. Right now, I get a thumping when I apply the brakes firmly. I pulled a front wheel off and the pads have plenty of life left and the rotor is very smooth and shows little if any sign of wear. My QUESTION: what could be causing the thumping if the brakes are OK? ? ? Other than brakes, this has been a GREAT vehicle and I plan to buy another new one in 2015. Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.
  • Toyota Toyota Avalon Owner Reviews (see 64 reviews)
  • 1997 Toyota Avalon
    QuirkyJoe, Maryville, TN, July 01, 2014 21:20
    I got this car second hand. The original owner worked for a local Toyota dealer and his wife drove it for 13 years. In that time they had the rack and pinon replaced and had the engine rebuilt due to a recall for engine sludge for this model. When they got into the engine they discovered this car didn't have the same problem and was in great shape. I have all the original service papers/receipts. I bought the car in Jan 2010 and have only had to do the regular maintenance and replace the battery due to the door switch (engine off) not shutting off my lights after opening the drivers door (sunny days a failed to notice the lights not turning off and it cost me a new battery). It's do for rear breaks and system flush. I should also flush the radiator soon. I've only driven it about 15,000 miles over the past 4+ years.
  • Toyota Toyota Tacoma Owner Reviews (see 63 reviews)
  • 2010 Toyota Tacoma
    Visitor, Great Barrington, MA, June 25, 2014 15:42
    I have now owned 2 new Toyota products along with a newly purchased "Certified" Toyota Prius C. My purchase of the Prius came very, very prematurely. Right as Summer is upon us in the northeast my AC compressor decided to die at under 29,000 miles in my 2010 Tacoma. Of course 3 years has passed on my warranty but I was well under the 36,000 miles. It would have been at least $1900 before a hefty CT. sales tax to do the fix, and even then, who knows what else may have been at play. I could not see dumping that kind of money into a vehicle issue that should be covered by Toyota. The Sales Manager worked with me and got me into a pre-owned 2012 Prius with 47,000 miles on it. The trade was a wash and all I paid out of pocket was a doc fee, sales tax, reg/title and a pre-emptive platinum wrap warranty. I originally bought the Tacoma without even entertaining such an added expense, but now my confidence in Toyota is tarnished and I hope my latest car purchase will bring my confidence back into the fold. Had I had it fixed out of pocket or forgone the fix and gone to any other dealer or sold privately, I would be extremely unhappy with my losses. I feel like the dealership handled the situation as best they could and I feel I got a fair trade. At the end of the day, I know I will miss my truck and can only hope that the gas savings and new car settle my discontent.
  • Toyota Toyota 4Runner Owner Reviews (see 62 reviews)
  • 1992 Toyota 4Runner
    Visitor, San Bernardino, CA, May 03, 2014 23:39
    My 92 has never had a problem /She keeps going even when its something wrong. So this truck is like one of the kids apart of the family, strong till the end!!!!!!
  • Toyota Toyota Solara Owner Reviews (see 50 reviews)
  • 2005 Toyota Solara
    JWM234, Lakeland, FL, August 05, 2014 18:42
    My 2005 Solara was a beautiful car, but now it looks ugly and in need of new paint, new dashboard, new glove box. The leather seats are separating and peeling. The arms rests are flat and very unattractive. I'm embarrassed to have any one ride in my car. As of now the car has almost 60,000 miles and runs really well just looks really bad. Debating having the care painted or just trade it in ? Also have put on new brakes.
  • Toyota Toyota RAV4 Owner Reviews (see 40 reviews)
  • 2010 Toyota RAV4
    Visitor, Plano, TX, May 06, 2014 10:06
    At 65,000, drives as well as new. No major problems. A few flats and problems with tire valves. One set of front brakes. Have been keeping it out of gear whenever possible (red lights, long coasts). Some plastic parts under/around seats breaking off. 2010 Rav4 V6 base, white, bought new, 0%.
  • Toyota Toyota Sequoia Owner Reviews (see 34 reviews)
  • 2002 Toyota Sequoia
    allformelv, Fontana, CA, May 29, 2014 03:58
    I really enjoyed the Toyota the first two years then the rear power window stopped working. Then the power antenna stopped working. The third row is only for kids. I also had Trac lights come on the dealer was of no help. My driver door handle broke off on the inside.
  • Toyota Toyota Land Cruiser Owner Reviews (see 33 reviews)
  • 2005 Toyota Land Cruiser
    Visitor, Ponca City, OK, December 16, 2013 13:24
    This is my second Landcruiser, the only reason we replaced the first is beacuse a low miles one rarely comes up - so we traded up a couple years. The AC blows my husbands new Tundra out of the water- acceleration in passing is powerful, rides quiet and smooth- would not trade it for ANY other SUV. THE best vehicle we have ever owned- now driving Landcruiser for 12 years!
  • Toyota Toyota Pickup Owner Reviews (see 32 reviews)
  • 1991 Toyota Pickup
    Visitor, Wake Island, HI, March 27, 2014 21:53
    I have a rav4 2001 model, Got tapping noise as if its a loose tappet don't know about these is it true the oil pick up on these block easily,ran engine cleaner through it twice and did make little difference. Is it true that they don't have the usual set up and you cant just tighten the tappets by taking off the tappet cover or what ever top cover on motor joined to head is called on these things. Any advice would be much appreciated,ASAP Please
  • Toyota Toyota Celica Owner Reviews (see 28 reviews)
  • 1999 Toyota Celica
    Visitor, Tacoma, WA, February 11, 2014 05:44
    can a rav4 engine fit a celica ???????
  • Toyota Toyota Highlander Owner Reviews (see 27 reviews)
  • 2005 Toyota Highlander
    Visitor, Peabody, MA, June 30, 2014 21:12
    Bought new in 2005 v6 AWD Toyota Highlander, now have 148,000 miles. Best vehicle i have ever owned, and i have owned a few nice vehicles before and during owning this vehicler. I have replaced regular stuff like tires, pads, rotors, wipers, battery... normal stuff. Other issues have been that something went on with hot/cold knob where it would not turn to cold. i now have a minor, but still existent exhaust leak. My moonroof stopped working at about 100k and i just leave it closed and never bothered to fix it since Toyota wanted $1400 to fix. I do not know why seeing that i could install a moonroof in a car that doesn't have one for about that price. But that is it, i would recommended this vehicle to anyone
  • Toyota Toyota Prius Owner Reviews (see 27 reviews)
  • 2008 Toyota Prius
    Visitor, Woodland Hills, CA, June 13, 2013 18:47
    The air conditioner compressor is defective in these cars and they should be recalled. They are expensive items(2,000repair.) For that kind of money they should not fail. Toyota needs to address this problem. They fail at about 70,000 miles.
  • Toyota Toyota T100 Owner Reviews (see 23 reviews)
  • 1997 Toyota T100
    Visitor, Hampstead, MD, March 01, 2014 07:50
    my t100 has 173.000 miles on it bought it brand new...reg.t100 problems..only thing I wish I what have done was get an stainless stell exhaust.. I want thru 4 so far...still runs like brand new...only one front end all. because I had to replace a tie rod end..but over all I got my money worth I think...I hate to guess how much I spent in gas the lat 17 teen yrs..lol the truck is really rusting out bad..i guess when the wheels fall off I get another car or something..that get good mpg...people stop your bitching about how your t100 frame rails have rust on them...if you were this old on the east coast any truck would hsve rust...doug
  • Toyota Toyota Tundra Owner Reviews (see 21 reviews)
  • 2003 Toyota Tundra
    Visitor, Napa, CA, December 13, 2013 20:09
    Hello my 2003 toyota tundra's motor cap has a little bit of withe stain i dont know if that is normal?
  • Toyota Toyota Matrix Owner Reviews (see 20 reviews)
  • 2005 Toyota Matrix
    Visitor, Ripon, CA, June 28, 2014 01:13
    I bought my Matrix new in Jan. 2005. I have well over 200,000 miles on it and I've actually had very little trouble with it. On the downside, it seems like I have to have my brakes repaired a little more often then other cars that I've had, the air conditioning in my opinion is very poor, it doesn't keep it cool much at all in the front seat with the vents pointing right at me, I doubt it gets the back seat very cool. The gas mileage is decent, I don't notice having to put anymore tires on it that any other car I've had. The seats are comfortable and there is quite a bit of room in it. It's no cadilac, but I didn't expect it to be. It's been very reliable for me. I put a lot of miles on it in nine and a half years,and it's still going strong.
  • Toyota Toyota Echo Owner Reviews (see 20 reviews)
  • 2000 Toyota Echo
    Visitor, Oshkosh, WI, August 12, 2014 16:59
    I bought my Echo with 172,000 miles on it. Shortly after purchase , I had shift cable freeze up. Not Toyota' s issue. It was pinched in an exhaust connection, by a dumb mechanic. Replaced leaky water pump & a weak alternator, shortly after purchase. Other than that, it's been oil & filter changes, & air filter & spark plug. All brake pads & shoes replaced along with tires. Now at 225,000, I am replacing the power steering high pressure line, Due to wear from a rough Wisconsin winter. Very reliable car. Tough, too! 6 minor accidents & very little damage to show for it.
  • Toyota Toyota Tercel Owner Reviews (see 15 reviews)
  • 1996 Toyota Tercel
    Visitor, College Station, TX, September 20, 2012 21:56
    I have been using since 2009 to date almost four years but changed only battery,refill gas.Toyota Tercel 1996.
  • Toyota Toyota Yaris Owner Reviews (see 15 reviews)
  • 2007 Toyota Yaris
    tomjs, Adrian, MI, July 22, 2014 08:53
    Just found this site and wanted to crow about my 2007 Yaris 4-door sedan, bought new out of desperation after my 2002 Intrepid DIED. Hadn't heard of these before going to the dealer. No bells or whistles - manual windows and door locks. I drive 150 mile/day round trip to work - mostly expressway and paved county roads. LOVE this thing. Just turned 327,500 miles. The only non-maintenance work done: New alternator and CD/radio unit. Believe it or not: Still running original brakes. Fun to drive, approx. 40 mpg, still looks practically brand new, and tight as a drum - no rattles. This thing is unbelievable.
  • Toyota Toyota Paseo Owner Reviews (see 12 reviews)
  • 1992 Toyota Paseo
    Visitor, Wake Island, HI, December 02, 2013 15:55
    Great car - fantastic reliability We have had this car for 6 years and it is now on 230,000 kms Only changed battery & tyres plus oil Doesnt leak creak or over heat fantastic
  • Toyota Toyota Previa Owner Reviews (see 10 reviews)
  • 1991 Toyota Previa
    Visitor, Paris, KY, February 15, 2012 15:12
    I bought my Toyota Previa new in 1990... a 1991 model. Since then, my children and I have put 489,000 miles on it. Today I learned that I may need a differencial. Other than that it's an amazing vehicle and I intend to replace the differencial...but I need to locate a used one somewhere. This will be the first major repair to my awesome vehicle. I love driving it just like I did when I drove it off the lot! If anyone knows of place to get an inexpensive differencial for it, please advise. Thanks.
  • Toyota Toyota Camry Hybrid Owner Reviews (see 7 reviews)
  • 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid
    Visitor, Dallas, TX, April 12, 2013 08:12
    I couldn't have been any happier than I have been with this car! The fuel economy, dependability, speed, handling, and durability have far surpassed all my expectations. It helped me save a life as I had no choice but to rush a teenage hit and run victim to a hospital late o e night. It was steadily accelerating past 130mph. I was completely shocked and even more grateful for getting me there within mere seconds before he would've been hopeless. I never thought I would appreciate a car so much, but I'm glad I was wrong.I plan on keeping "Cammy" until I have absolutely no other choice. Chris R.
  • Toyota Toyota MR2 Spyder Owner Reviews (see 6 reviews)
  • 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    Visitor, Moorestown, NJ, February 17, 2013 21:57
    A blast to drive even at 102K and fuel economy remains at factory specs (26/32 mpg) even though a tune up has yet to be done. Low maintenance and nary a repair the whole while. Finish remains bright and shiny even though parked outdoor year round. This car corners and handles like a dream. Headlights could provide more field of view, but the brakes are fantastic are the the transmission, suspension and build quality throughout. Highly recommended.
  • Toyota Toyota Venza Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 2009 Toyota Venza
    Roses49, Gulfport, MS, June 11, 2014 11:13
    I've owned a Venza since September 2009 & have not experienced any problems. The Road Noise is too loud, so more insulation ?? may be needed. Leather seats are still in great condition & very comfortable. Electric seats still functioning well. JBL sound system is very good. The storage area is very ample. The back seats fold down, allowing for very long items. when We have taken trips, we found the vehicle to be comfortable, roomy & fantastic on mileage. We actually experianced average gas mileage on the interstate of 33.1/mpg (amazing!).
  • Toyota Toyota FJ Cruiser Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Visitor, Greensboro, NC, January 14, 2013 12:25
    I love my baby. Got her in 2011 with 26,000 miles on her. She was and is still like new. I have no problem taking her to the dealer for regular maintenance. Handles like a sports car. Smooth ride like a touring sedan. Just sweet.
  • Toyota Toyota Highlander Hybrid Owner Reviews (see 3 reviews)
  • 2009 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
    edmarch, Spokane, WA, December 20, 2010 05:22
    This vehicle is my first Toyota . It functions as advertised but it really doesn't have that technology leap that I expected buying a "hybrid". its has obtained an average overall MPG of approx. 21.4. The hybrid system performs better in warmer weather (a function of the battery electrolyte reaction) than cold. Its run as an electric vehicle (EV) for less than a mile at speeds less than 15 mph in traffic congestion but battery depletes an it take time to regenerate sufficient energy levels to drive in EV mode again. The EV mode is more of a novelty than really functional. The suggested EPA MPG rating is optimistic at best. Overall impression so far is that its a bit pricey ($45000) and has never really measures up to hybrid standards. Its a stop gap "hybrid" that falls short of real world green expectations.
  • Toyota Toyota Supra Owner Reviews (see 3 reviews)
  • 1997 Toyota Supra
    Visitor, Stafford, VA, April 12, 2013 06:15
    Engine cranks but will not start;getting 12 volts with ignition switch in on position, drpos to 8 volts during cranking. I have replaced the battery
  • Toyota Toyota MR2 Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 1995 Toyota MR2
    suzkarmah, Dallas, TX, February 03, 2010 15:17
    I had the pleasure of owning 3 MR2s, the 1st year, 1985, the 1989, last year of the orig body style and finally, the creme de la creme, the 1995 Turbo package 2nd body style, last year for the car in the US. I will always love the MR2, the car is so well balanced, the engine never overstepping what the cornering capabilities are, etc. There is plenty of room for storage and passengers without bumping into each other. The car accelerates to 110 quickly and smoothly and exhibits no noise, no rattles at 127mph, the fastest I ever got it up to, and even after a decade the car was solid as it was when I bought it. If I found a premium 95 MR2, I'd be very tempted to trade my Boxster S for it. I love the MR2.
  • Toyota Toyota Celica All-Trac Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 1993 Toyota Celica All-Trac
    Visitor, Diamond Bar, CA, May 04, 2010 01:48
    Nice looking car, sharp handling, precise steering with good feedback, short distance braking, nice interior, comfortable driving position, practical liftback trunk. A little bit heavy, not so powerful below 2700 rpm. Problems: Overheating & need new head gasket, AC not cold & need new compressor, electric antenna stuck. Overall, it's the best Celica ever with good reliability.