» Toyota

Reviews for 33 Toyota models:

Toyota Reviews and Owner Comments

Toyota Owner Reviews (33 reviews)
    Toyota Toyota Camry Owner Reviews (see 238 reviews)
  • 2008 Toyota Camry
    Visitor, Spring Creek, NV, September 09, 2014 09:30
    We have a 2008 Camry SE, this car has been phenomenal so far. It currently has 94,000 on the clock and we bought it new. Yes it has had some minor flaws, the visors did break (eventually covered under a recall) and the brakes do wobble a little coming down long mountain grades. Other than that I have changed oil and tires and that is it. I am still even on the original brakes. Fuel economy for the V6 is close to 30 on the highway. My water pump is starting to make a little noise, but for 100k miles and the only issue is a water pump? I will take it. Don't let these couple of complaints keep you from this vehicle. Toyota sells thousands of these cars annually, if they sucked that bad then people wouldn't be driving them. Oh buy American you say? Some of my WORST vehicles were from Govt Motors, I drive a Ford to work everyday and it seems to be okay, but our mining roads are rattling it apart.
  • Toyota Toyota Corolla Owner Reviews (see 161 reviews)
  • 2004 Toyota Corolla
    Visitor, Fishers, IN, September 12, 2014 13:00
    I have a 2004 Corolla LE with 237,000 miles on it. there has only been one issue, the AC stopped, the fan still worked. I looked online and found some info about a relay that would occasionally fail, I went and got one a local parts store and replaced it. 2 hours and $13 later it was all better! This car has been a real trooper and I have no idea what I would replace it with, whenever that times comes. It could be a while, I have a friend with an older Corolla with 350,000 on it. I change the oil every 3000 miles and keep up with all the recommended maintenance items.
  • Toyota Toyota Avalon Owner Reviews (see 65 reviews)
  • 2002 Toyota Avalon
    Visitor, Palmdale, CA, September 07, 2014 18:09
    Bought our 2002 Toyota Avalon XL at the end of 2001. It was expensive but proved to be well worth the price. I drove it the first few years and absolutely loved it's power and smooth ride. My husband then "took it over" and uses it to commute 80+ miles each day to work. It has over 300,000 miles on it and we only gave it one major tune up (timing belt, spark plugs, engine filter)in the last 12 1/2 years we have owned the vehicle. We change the oil every 7,000 miles and my husband replaces the brakes as needed on his own. My motto, "Never take your car to the dealership to get worked on!" It is just now starting to show signs of slowing down a bit. We plan on getting one last major tune up in hopes it will last us another 100,000 miles. :) It's only downfall has been its pearl white paint job which seemed to be like static cling to dirt and the seat control knobs that have all broken and fallen off. Other than that it has been the best car we have ever owned. Unfortunately from the sounds of it, they are not building them the same anymore so like the saying goes, "All good things must come to an end". It was a nice ride!!!
  • Toyota Toyota Sienna Owner Reviews (see 64 reviews)
  • 2005 Toyota Sienna
    Toyota Forum, Moneta, VA, August 02, 2014 09:59
    I bought my 2005 Sienna LE new in March 2005. It now has 192000 miles on it. I've had routine maintenance done on a regular schedule. I've used Mobile One synthetic oil in it since it's first oil change. A weak point is the paint finish. I have a rust spot on the hood, rubber gasket around the base of the windshield is coming loose. Hence my reason for only 4 starts on body. Interior has worn very well, in fact it shows no sign of wear. I will admit, a lot of the mileage is long distance driving. HOWEVER, the brakes are another story. I've replaced the pad and rotors three times. Right now, I get a thumping when I apply the brakes firmly. I pulled a front wheel off and the pads have plenty of life left and the rotor is very smooth and shows little if any sign of wear. My QUESTION: what could be causing the thumping if the brakes are OK? ? ? Other than brakes, this has been a GREAT vehicle and I plan to buy another new one in 2015. Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.
  • Toyota Toyota Tacoma Owner Reviews (see 63 reviews)
  • 2010 Toyota Tacoma
    Visitor, Great Barrington, MA, June 25, 2014 15:42
    I have now owned 2 new Toyota products along with a newly purchased "Certified" Toyota Prius C. My purchase of the Prius came very, very prematurely. Right as Summer is upon us in the northeast my AC compressor decided to die at under 29,000 miles in my 2010 Tacoma. Of course 3 years has passed on my warranty but I was well under the 36,000 miles. It would have been at least $1900 before a hefty CT. sales tax to do the fix, and even then, who knows what else may have been at play. I could not see dumping that kind of money into a vehicle issue that should be covered by Toyota. The Sales Manager worked with me and got me into a pre-owned 2012 Prius with 47,000 miles on it. The trade was a wash and all I paid out of pocket was a doc fee, sales tax, reg/title and a pre-emptive platinum wrap warranty. I originally bought the Tacoma without even entertaining such an added expense, but now my confidence in Toyota is tarnished and I hope my latest car purchase will bring my confidence back into the fold. Had I had it fixed out of pocket or forgone the fix and gone to any other dealer or sold privately, I would be extremely unhappy with my losses. I feel like the dealership handled the situation as best they could and I feel I got a fair trade. At the end of the day, I know I will miss my truck and can only hope that the gas savings and new car settle my discontent.
  • Toyota Toyota 4Runner Owner Reviews (see 62 reviews)
  • 1992 Toyota 4Runner
    Visitor, San Bernardino, CA, May 03, 2014 23:39
    My 92 has never had a problem /She keeps going even when its something wrong. So this truck is like one of the kids apart of the family, strong till the end!!!!!!
  • Toyota Toyota Solara Owner Reviews (see 50 reviews)
  • 2005 Toyota Solara
    JWM234, Lakeland, FL, August 05, 2014 18:42
    My 2005 Solara was a beautiful car, but now it looks ugly and in need of new paint, new dashboard, new glove box. The leather seats are separating and peeling. The arms rests are flat and very unattractive. I'm embarrassed to have any one ride in my car. As of now the car has almost 60,000 miles and runs really well just looks really bad. Debating having the care painted or just trade it in ? Also have put on new brakes.
  • Toyota Toyota RAV4 Owner Reviews (see 40 reviews)
  • 2010 Toyota RAV4
    Visitor, Plano, TX, May 06, 2014 10:06
    At 65,000, drives as well as new. No major problems. A few flats and problems with tire valves. One set of front brakes. Have been keeping it out of gear whenever possible (red lights, long coasts). Some plastic parts under/around seats breaking off. 2010 Rav4 V6 base, white, bought new, 0%.
  • Toyota Toyota Sequoia Owner Reviews (see 34 reviews)
  • 2002 Toyota Sequoia
    allformelv, Fontana, CA, May 29, 2014 03:58
    I really enjoyed the Toyota the first two years then the rear power window stopped working. Then the power antenna stopped working. The third row is only for kids. I also had Trac lights come on the dealer was of no help. My driver door handle broke off on the inside.
  • Toyota Toyota Land Cruiser Owner Reviews (see 33 reviews)
  • 2005 Toyota Land Cruiser
    Visitor, Ponca City, OK, December 16, 2013 13:24
    This is my second Landcruiser, the only reason we replaced the first is beacuse a low miles one rarely comes up - so we traded up a couple years. The AC blows my husbands new Tundra out of the water- acceleration in passing is powerful, rides quiet and smooth- would not trade it for ANY other SUV. THE best vehicle we have ever owned- now driving Landcruiser for 12 years!
  • Toyota Toyota Pickup Owner Reviews (see 32 reviews)
  • 1991 Toyota Pickup
    Visitor, Wake Island, HI, March 27, 2014 21:53
    I have a rav4 2001 model, Got tapping noise as if its a loose tappet don't know about these is it true the oil pick up on these block easily,ran engine cleaner through it twice and did make little difference. Is it true that they don't have the usual set up and you cant just tighten the tappets by taking off the tappet cover or what ever top cover on motor joined to head is called on these things. Any advice would be much appreciated,ASAP Please
  • Toyota Toyota Celica Owner Reviews (see 28 reviews)
  • 1999 Toyota Celica
    Visitor, Tacoma, WA, February 11, 2014 05:44
    can a rav4 engine fit a celica ???????
  • Toyota Toyota Prius Owner Reviews (see 27 reviews)
  • 2008 Toyota Prius
    Visitor, Woodland Hills, CA, June 13, 2013 18:47
    The air conditioner compressor is defective in these cars and they should be recalled. They are expensive items(2,000repair.) For that kind of money they should not fail. Toyota needs to address this problem. They fail at about 70,000 miles.
  • Toyota Toyota Highlander Owner Reviews (see 27 reviews)
  • 2005 Toyota Highlander
    Visitor, Peabody, MA, June 30, 2014 21:12
    Bought new in 2005 v6 AWD Toyota Highlander, now have 148,000 miles. Best vehicle i have ever owned, and i have owned a few nice vehicles before and during owning this vehicler. I have replaced regular stuff like tires, pads, rotors, wipers, battery... normal stuff. Other issues have been that something went on with hot/cold knob where it would not turn to cold. i now have a minor, but still existent exhaust leak. My moonroof stopped working at about 100k and i just leave it closed and never bothered to fix it since Toyota wanted $1400 to fix. I do not know why seeing that i could install a moonroof in a car that doesn't have one for about that price. But that is it, i would recommended this vehicle to anyone
  • Toyota Toyota T100 Owner Reviews (see 23 reviews)
  • 1997 Toyota T100
    Visitor, Hampstead, MD, March 01, 2014 07:50
    my t100 has 173.000 miles on it bought it brand new...reg.t100 problems..only thing I wish I what have done was get an stainless stell exhaust.. I want thru 4 so far...still runs like brand new...only one front end all. because I had to replace a tie rod end..but over all I got my money worth I think...I hate to guess how much I spent in gas the lat 17 teen yrs..lol the truck is really rusting out bad..i guess when the wheels fall off I get another car or something..that get good mpg...people stop your bitching about how your t100 frame rails have rust on them...if you were this old on the east coast any truck would hsve rust...doug
  • Toyota Toyota Tundra Owner Reviews (see 22 reviews)
  • 2006 Toyota Tundra
    Visitor, Phippsburg, CO, August 23, 2014 15:55
    189,000 miles and have only one issue to report. The plastic front bumper/nosecone assembly has be come very loose. The plastic tabs holding it on are mostly broken off. I can move the whole assembly up and down about 1". It rattles a bit on rough roads causing the factory fog lights to wiggle. Other than that I have had ZERO issues with this truck. Every switch, knob, button and component of the truck still functions like it did the day I drove it off of the dealer's lot. One parking light bulb burned out two years ago and one back up light bulb went out last year. That's it. The stock brake pads and shoes even lasted 180,000 miles. This is my 5th Toyota truck. I've driven them a sum total of right around 800,000 miles and have had a total, across all the trucks, of $1700 in repairs.
  • Toyota Toyota Matrix Owner Reviews (see 20 reviews)
  • 2005 Toyota Matrix
    Visitor, Ripon, CA, June 28, 2014 01:13
    I bought my Matrix new in Jan. 2005. I have well over 200,000 miles on it and I've actually had very little trouble with it. On the downside, it seems like I have to have my brakes repaired a little more often then other cars that I've had, the air conditioning in my opinion is very poor, it doesn't keep it cool much at all in the front seat with the vents pointing right at me, I doubt it gets the back seat very cool. The gas mileage is decent, I don't notice having to put anymore tires on it that any other car I've had. The seats are comfortable and there is quite a bit of room in it. It's no cadilac, but I didn't expect it to be. It's been very reliable for me. I put a lot of miles on it in nine and a half years,and it's still going strong.
  • Toyota Toyota Echo Owner Reviews (see 20 reviews)
  • 2000 Toyota Echo
    Visitor, Oshkosh, WI, August 12, 2014 16:59
    I bought my Echo with 172,000 miles on it. Shortly after purchase , I had shift cable freeze up. Not Toyota' s issue. It was pinched in an exhaust connection, by a dumb mechanic. Replaced leaky water pump & a weak alternator, shortly after purchase. Other than that, it's been oil & filter changes, & air filter & spark plug. All brake pads & shoes replaced along with tires. Now at 225,000, I am replacing the power steering high pressure line, Due to wear from a rough Wisconsin winter. Very reliable car. Tough, too! 6 minor accidents & very little damage to show for it.
  • Toyota Toyota Yaris Owner Reviews (see 16 reviews)
  • 2007 Toyota Yaris
    Visitor, Azusa, CA, August 27, 2014 09:54
    So I bought my car from carmax. Its a 2007 4 door sedan. I love this car. Its great on gas, its easy to drive and i feel safe driving it. This car is perfect for workers or students. I currently live in Azusa and I work 2 jobs, one job in Glendale and the other in Pasadena. Ive had my car a year now, and I haven't had to do anything but change the oil when needed. Ive also driven my car to Vegas and San Diego, and I didn't worry about gas. I recommend this type of car to any one. Even is your making payments, its not a lot of money out of pocket. I am glad to be driving a Toyota Yaris.
  • Toyota Toyota Tercel Owner Reviews (see 15 reviews)
  • 1996 Toyota Tercel
    Visitor, College Station, TX, September 20, 2012 21:56
    I have been using since 2009 to date almost four years but changed only battery,refill gas.Toyota Tercel 1996.
  • Toyota Toyota Paseo Owner Reviews (see 12 reviews)
  • 1992 Toyota Paseo
    Visitor, Wake Island, HI, December 02, 2013 15:55
    Great car - fantastic reliability We have had this car for 6 years and it is now on 230,000 kms Only changed battery & tyres plus oil Doesnt leak creak or over heat fantastic
  • Toyota Toyota Previa Owner Reviews (see 10 reviews)
  • 1991 Toyota Previa
    Visitor, Paris, KY, February 15, 2012 15:12
    I bought my Toyota Previa new in 1990... a 1991 model. Since then, my children and I have put 489,000 miles on it. Today I learned that I may need a differencial. Other than that it's an amazing vehicle and I intend to replace the differencial...but I need to locate a used one somewhere. This will be the first major repair to my awesome vehicle. I love driving it just like I did when I drove it off the lot! If anyone knows of place to get an inexpensive differencial for it, please advise. Thanks.
  • Toyota Toyota Camry Hybrid Owner Reviews (see 7 reviews)
  • 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid
    Visitor, Dallas, TX, April 12, 2013 08:12
    I couldn't have been any happier than I have been with this car! The fuel economy, dependability, speed, handling, and durability have far surpassed all my expectations. It helped me save a life as I had no choice but to rush a teenage hit and run victim to a hospital late o e night. It was steadily accelerating past 130mph. I was completely shocked and even more grateful for getting me there within mere seconds before he would've been hopeless. I never thought I would appreciate a car so much, but I'm glad I was wrong.I plan on keeping "Cammy" until I have absolutely no other choice. Chris R.
  • Toyota Toyota MR2 Spyder Owner Reviews (see 6 reviews)
  • 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    Visitor, Moorestown, NJ, February 17, 2013 21:57
    A blast to drive even at 102K and fuel economy remains at factory specs (26/32 mpg) even though a tune up has yet to be done. Low maintenance and nary a repair the whole while. Finish remains bright and shiny even though parked outdoor year round. This car corners and handles like a dream. Headlights could provide more field of view, but the brakes are fantastic are the the transmission, suspension and build quality throughout. Highly recommended.
  • Toyota Toyota Venza Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 2009 Toyota Venza
    Roses49, Gulfport, MS, June 11, 2014 11:13
    I've owned a Venza since September 2009 & have not experienced any problems. The Road Noise is too loud, so more insulation ?? may be needed. Leather seats are still in great condition & very comfortable. Electric seats still functioning well. JBL sound system is very good. The storage area is very ample. The back seats fold down, allowing for very long items. when We have taken trips, we found the vehicle to be comfortable, roomy & fantastic on mileage. We actually experianced average gas mileage on the interstate of 33.1/mpg (amazing!).
  • Toyota Toyota FJ Cruiser Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Visitor, Greensboro, NC, January 14, 2013 12:25
    I love my baby. Got her in 2011 with 26,000 miles on her. She was and is still like new. I have no problem taking her to the dealer for regular maintenance. Handles like a sports car. Smooth ride like a touring sedan. Just sweet.
  • Toyota Toyota Highlander Hybrid Owner Reviews (see 3 reviews)
  • 2009 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
    edmarch, Spokane, WA, December 20, 2010 05:22
    This vehicle is my first Toyota . It functions as advertised but it really doesn't have that technology leap that I expected buying a "hybrid". its has obtained an average overall MPG of approx. 21.4. The hybrid system performs better in warmer weather (a function of the battery electrolyte reaction) than cold. Its run as an electric vehicle (EV) for less than a mile at speeds less than 15 mph in traffic congestion but battery depletes an it take time to regenerate sufficient energy levels to drive in EV mode again. The EV mode is more of a novelty than really functional. The suggested EPA MPG rating is optimistic at best. Overall impression so far is that its a bit pricey ($45000) and has never really measures up to hybrid standards. Its a stop gap "hybrid" that falls short of real world green expectations.
  • Toyota Toyota Supra Owner Reviews (see 3 reviews)
  • 1997 Toyota Supra
    Visitor, Stafford, VA, April 12, 2013 06:15
    Engine cranks but will not start;getting 12 volts with ignition switch in on position, drpos to 8 volts during cranking. I have replaced the battery
  • Toyota Toyota MR2 Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 1995 Toyota MR2
    suzkarmah, Dallas, TX, February 03, 2010 15:17
    I had the pleasure of owning 3 MR2s, the 1st year, 1985, the 1989, last year of the orig body style and finally, the creme de la creme, the 1995 Turbo package 2nd body style, last year for the car in the US. I will always love the MR2, the car is so well balanced, the engine never overstepping what the cornering capabilities are, etc. There is plenty of room for storage and passengers without bumping into each other. The car accelerates to 110 quickly and smoothly and exhibits no noise, no rattles at 127mph, the fastest I ever got it up to, and even after a decade the car was solid as it was when I bought it. If I found a premium 95 MR2, I'd be very tempted to trade my Boxster S for it. I love the MR2.
  • Toyota Toyota Celica All-Trac Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 1993 Toyota Celica All-Trac
    Visitor, Diamond Bar, CA, May 04, 2010 01:48
    Nice looking car, sharp handling, precise steering with good feedback, short distance braking, nice interior, comfortable driving position, practical liftback trunk. A little bit heavy, not so powerful below 2700 rpm. Problems: Overheating & need new head gasket, AC not cold & need new compressor, electric antenna stuck. Overall, it's the best Celica ever with good reliability.