Toyota Reviews

Toyota Reviews and Owner Comments

In a word, wow!! I can't believe the funds are in my account already. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You made what is usually a long, drawn out and intimidating chore into a very pleasant and streamlined experience. I can't thank you and Mr. Amazing Loans enough. Mr. Amazing Loans for the terrific system, and you for the wonderful service. You are both quite awesome! if you need an urgent loan you can email them at
First off I love this car !!! It is a huge improvement over my 2009 Corolla S . I was in the market for another car in 2015 and came across this sharp grey Corolla S 6speed manual with every option you can get on a manual. I was told by the saleman that the car was ordered by original buyers who wanted it with a manual transmission and within 2400 mile he traded it in . I made out on the sale price and am so glad I picked this thing up. My only issue with the car has been the navigation randomly cutting off . The only complaints I've have with it is the power , or lack there of . It needs like another 40-50 hp to make it a bit more fun to row through the gearbox. I have just under 30k on it and still am happy with my purchase.
____ + I own a 1997 Toyota corolla CE (Classic Edition) with 147,000miles. I am the Second Owner of this vehicle. Color is Beige. It runs with a 1.6L
(4A-FE) Engine and transfers the power to the wheels on a 5 speed manual (C50) transmission with synchronizers.
____ + The Drivetrain is awesome on this vehicle, but the cv joints are leaking grease which makes me believe they can fail soon that's why I rate drivetrain 4 stars.
_____ + The body has no rust because Toyota did an excellent job on rust proofing this 7th generation vehicle, but the cup holder is too small and sensitive which ends up breaking every time that's why I rate body, interior 4 stars.
_____ + Bulbs stop working on the taillights, so far the driver taillight brake light bulb on the right side is a pain in the neck I ended up just ignoring it, and the speedometer assembly has had two light bulbs go out, I ended up ignoring those too and one day they decided to wake up that's why I rate electrical 3 stars.
_____+ Engine is in great shape it purrs but I think one valve might be a tiny bit out of adjustment because if I put my ear on the valve cover I hear something on one side of the engine, other than that the engine consumes a tiny bit of oil on 4000 mile oil change intervals- quite normal. And runs strong without any problem that's why I rate engine 5 stars.
_____ + It does NOT smoke I have had someone follow me while I accelerate quickly and no smoke, it is clear of engine lights and has passed two inspections with me that's why I rate exhaust and emissions 5 stars.
____+Heating works great and A/C was not cold but the car is so old that I added half a can of R-134 refrigerant to the A/C system and works better, but is not as cold as other cars ive been in that is why I rate A/C & Heating 4 stars.
____ + Front suspension is not so good as my car does not have the front stabilizer bar, when I go into turns at 8mph with a road hump like in an apartment complex parking lot, either tire right or left jumps and slams the inner fender side as the strut assembly fails to do a good job. I pulled a stabilizer bar from another corolla vehicle at the junk yard and plan on installing when I replace the control arms which show a little wear on the rubber. I have replaced two front struts and one rear strut assembly. I know I am supposed to change both sides together but the back struts require the removal of a brake hose therefore requiring a long brake procedure, this is why I rate suspension and steering 3 stars.
_____ + ALL IN ALL this car is awesome altogether.. in my opinion it is the most reliable car out there.. why? because it lasts long before something breaks compared to others and when something breaks no worries, this car was the highest selling car in the world in 1997 therefore more cars out there leading to cheaper parts because there is more demand for them.. a lot of people don't know the Idea of this car but it is quality that's what the designer wanted and he made it.. 1998 corollas and up focused on economy, they are horrible they burn so much oil and have cheap internal parts, I had a 1998 corolla before.. if you want a corolla get a 1997 or earlier year.. don't get too old and inspect the specific vehicle to be in good condition.. also automatic transmissions for these vehicles 1997 and older where badly made :(..
Purchased used in 2005 with 60k. Currently at 218,000, splitting mileage with a 2006 Tundra. The car has been a solid performer with the exception one major issue (more later). The brakes issue is real. I have not upgrades and intend to check with the dealer after earlier posts mentioned some sort of recall. Interior quality is good to excellent, and had not given any problems. Minor irritation mentioned in earlier posts are the loss of some indicator lights, in particular the "D" and some of the instrumentation that would be helpful when looking for knobs in the dark. My major issue is a gremlin, I think. Somewhere around 150k I upsized the tires to Pirelli Scorpions, P265/75-16 plus added Bilsteins. Not a big deal, right. shortly thereafter I started having serious issues with a shaking in the fron end, so bad I thought I was losing the front end. Toyota said it was the tires. This made no sense but I put the Pirellis on the Tundra and went to a stock size Michellin. No change. after what seemed like half-a-dozen trips to Longo Toyota I finally got one of the Japanese techs to agree it was the electronic traction control sensor. Replaced (my dime, big bucks), no problem. Fast forward 6 years, new tires, same upsized Pirelli's. Starting to get a rattling sound that my research seems to indicate may be the ATC(?) traction control. Point is, I think there is some issue with the electronic traction control. It is inconceivable to me that you cannot make a slight size change on this vehicle without creating these issues. Not sure what I will be dong next.
Just traded in my 1st Tundra 4wd TRD only had 315,000 miles ! Engine and trans still strong but began having to replace/fix too many things that are expected to go over time. Bought 2013 Tundra TRD 4wd, need I say more. Wife has 4runner with 300k+ still running fine. My only complaint is my front driver side speaker is blown, anyone know if it is worth having Toyota dealer fix or is there better options, any help appreciated.
I have an 01 Sequoia and it has the new trans and is getting the new computer now. Everyone who is one this board needs to make sure they call Toyota- not just your local dealer- because the girl I talked to said that they determine recalls partially based on how many complaints they get from the!
I'm just giving a run down of most of the service I've had done to my '07 V6 Camry (which I bought new) to show how expensive it has been to keep it running properly. I really didn't think I'd have this many problems. I've previously owned 2 other Camry's and did not have this many issues.

118,000 - both alternator ($740) AND water pump need replacing (pump not replaced yet)
115,000 - replace 19 lugs nuts because they were "swollen and tough to get off" according to the Toyo dealer ($66)
103,000 - replaced rear disc rotors and pads ($420)
98,000 - replaced cabin air filter AGAIN ($50)
92,000 - replaced hood latch ($206)
91,000 - replaced front disc pads and resurfaced rotors ($325)
85,000 - replaced cabin air filter ($68)
61,000 - replaced positive battery terminal, rear brake pads, resurfaced rear rotors, replaced steering shaft ($700)
61,000 - 60,000 mile service ($490)
15,000 - 15,000 mile service ($260)
Paid cash for my 94 base cab 2x4 the day after Christmas in 1993, so it was fresh! Has served me well for the last 23 years or so. Odometer now reads over 240k . I've got the 22re. 5 speed manual. Custom shell installed just after I bought it. It came bare: no ps, no pb, no air, no radio, no cigarette lighter. One belt on the engine to deal with--for the alternator. I have gotten up to 45 mpg at times. Somebody asked me the other day if I wanted to sell it. I said sure......for 20k dollars! My little Toyota will probably outlive me and I hope it does.

Maintenance during that time? On my fourth battery. Fourth set of tires. Had the radiator replaced. New front rotors at 200k. Changed the timing chain for the first time at 200k. I have personally changed the oil every 3000 miles. Today it runs like new.
I bought my used 1995 Toyota Camry LE sedan 4-cyl with 82K miles- maybe in 2008. The inside was in great condition, but was that dated light blue color. I immediately replaced the water pump & timing belt because the previous owner had not - that was about $600. Still, I got a good car for a total of $3500. It has never had any rust. As of 2016 this car has been a trooper, it has 171K. The A/c is super cold & the defrost works great. It is not the most prestigious looking car on the road- is not equipped with the latest USB ports or sirius radio, and my large husband does not think it is all that comfy to drive. BUT this car runs. I have, over the years replaced the struts, fuel pump, distributor, radiator, master cylinder, plus regular stuff. It has had a bit of an issue where the gear shift doesn't engage the switch so the key will turn, but I have had that worked on, seems to be way better now. Lately, I have noticed a slight hesitation in the the automatic gear shift when accelerating at around 50 mph. I just ease off the gas and it usually shifts fine. The maintenance costs have been minimal compared to paying several hundred dollars a month (plus higher car ins. & taxes) for something that only decreases in value. I have heard the 1995 V-6 is not such a work horse, perhaps more of the other reviewers will specify which engine is being reviewed. I do not think I will ever get rid of this car, even if/when I do have more $ to put into an automobile. This car is just a great little find if you are lucky enough to come across one that has been well maintained. A car is just to get from point A to point B, and is not worth going into mega debt over. Thanks for reading my review.
I have 108,000 on the 2005 Solara SLE. HARD to beat this car. JBL sounds top-down clear, always starts the same, has sat long periods and always came out of sitting well. I've changed belts, battery, brakes, and tires. Bridgestone Turazas don't wear out and ride well. Had the computer tell me I needed an oxygen sensor in 117 degree Tulsa summer heat, but after I bought one, I still have it, as it no longer asks for it, curing itself I guess. I used to run higher mid grade gas, but now run regular. Not an issue. My wife left the car running all night in the garage, and came to bed and it shut itself off eight years ago. No biggie. I reach under the hood and replace the oil filter every 3,000 synthetic miles because you can... With your barehand... Wow! Thanks Toyota! And it won't leak on the garage floor !!!
I want to buy another car, but why? Maybe because I'm a guy driving my late wife's car... I guess that's why they stopped making the car... It became a gender thing... Men have no identity driving this black beauty... But real men don't care ..., and real men don't always drive trucks... So be it!! Take me to 300,000 Zorro!
I purchased my 1995 Toyota Tacoma 2 Will Dr. in the year 2000 and had 146,000 miles on it somebody used to haul their hourly now I've been using it for work every day and travel often and it has 425,000 miles on it and the only thing I've ever had to replace was the brakes in the clutch like they say this is the best four-cylinder motor ever made
I bought my Corolla in 2008 brand new. I figured by the time my child was able to drive this car would be in great condition at 7 years old. Boy was I wrong! Within a year I had to get a brand new set of tires as the factory tires were horrible. I have literally had close to 10 light bulbs go out in the car. Currently the light under the gears is out. If it is dark I have no idea what gear I am in unless I look up at the main panel. Not great for a new teen driver! Light bulbs should not go out like they do in this started about 3 years after I bought car. Dealership first told me I probably used my brakes too much! I have had too many recalls to count. My AUX device messed up and I had to have that fixed to listen to music on a phone. I had paint chipping and rusting after only two years of having. I am so disappointed in this car. There are other things that have messed up way before they should have but I can't remember them all! I need to buy a new car for myself so my child can have this car, but I can't afford a new car AND keep up with the maintenance on this lemon.
Great car but difficult to understand complexity and if dealers would be consistently honest and affordable this car would be more of a pleasure to own.
I bought my 2004 Camry in 2009 with 40,000 miles. Still going 158,000 miles later with regular maintenance and very little repair. Plan to keep my Camry as long as it runs! Love my Camry!!
Bought 2003 Corolla CE that had 90K miles in 2006 for only $7600, and our family put on another 100K miles in 9 years (total 191K miles). Engine and transmission has been solid with zero issues. Basically, I did the typical maintenance (oil, trans, tires, brakes, filters, etc.) and it is such a reliable car. However, the only problem is I thought I save few bucks by changing oil every 5000 miles instead of 3000, and I think that caused my catalytic convert / O2 sensors to go bad. Dealer wants $1600 to replace them, but cars too old to spend that much money. So I'm looking to sell it as is or just get $100 after market catalytic converter and have someone cut out the old one and weld the new on back on. And I can replace the O2 sensors myself. This will only cost me about $400 total. Even with the check engine light on, the car starts and runs reliably. Some noticeable interior quality issues were things like both front door inside plastic lining by the window base have lifted up, and some sidewall carpets have come off, and center dash door wouldn't close and eventually fell off, But these are minor cosmetic issues for a car that's 12 years old. Overall, I got every penny (and then some) out of this $7600 car over 9 years and change. FYI...this is 6th Toyota (Camry and Corolla) that we've had, and nearly all of them have been (boring to drive but) superbly reliable car to own. If you are value minded car owner, then Corollas and Camrys should be top contenders in your decision.
I am driving 2007 Toyota Camry XLE and it has over hundred thousand miles. No big repairs, just regular oil change etc. I find out from a good Technician that if you are buying any Toyota or Lexus Cars try to buy a car which VIN Number starts from JTB.... because those cars are made and assembled in JAPAN. I had Toyota Corolla before this Camry with the same VIN number starting from JTB... and had more than Two hundred thousand miles, it was still running like a new horse until got into an accident and had to total that car. Toyota makes really good cars and they can run for ever if you maintain them well.. I love my 2007 Camry.
I am the 3rd owner of my 2004 Camry XLE and until 150,000 miles hit, there were few issues. Most recently was the issue of my purge valve needing to be replaced. The check engine light kept coming on and I tried everything but replacing the catalytic converter and purge valve. At 98k miles, the A/C needed to be recharged and a whole new system leading up to the radiator (but not the radiator itself) had to be replaced due to old tubes, hoses and various wear and tear. The fan controlling the A/C compressor would not gain enough pressure to spin fast enough. Only when doing about 60MPH for about 5 minutes, did the air start blowing cool. I've had no motor issues, and for what it's worth, still one of the best cars I've bought, especially used. I think it'll last at least another 25k miles if I keep up with my seasonal maintenance.
239K miles 300+ miles to the tank. No major services ever. Runs great though now I will be. Needing a new compressor. Has never left me or my college aged kids stranded. Think a lot of mechanics scare you into repairs due to lack of business. I was told 4 years ago that I had a transmission problem and needed work inside transmission to this day I have not had any problems with my vehicle nor ever has required to have the transmission serviced. Only general maintenance. Proud female Matrix owner. 12 years and still running strong. Hallelujah!!!
would not stop alarming
Great tow vehicle. Tow a 26' Flagstaff travel trailer with it. Like all comparable tow vehicles, mileage drops to 10-12 mpg when towing.
With no trailer, expect high teens and even above 20 on occasion.
Smooth. quiet and reliable. A/C is a bit weak but OK. Ride can be a bit choppy on rough roads. But, this is a heavy duty body-on-frame rig and it is very strongly made. 5.7 engine and trans are excellent.
I am very happy with this 2nd Gen Sequoia.
I bought my 2008 Solara Convertible in March 2014 with 63000 miles on it from the Toyota Dealer who sold it to the original owner. Initially the front end shook badly when driving on a bumpy road and I took it back to the dealers service dept several times. Initially they tried to tell me this is normal for a convertible, but I wasn't buying that line. I persisted and they finally replaced both front struts [I also believe the rears need replacing too] and road-force balanced the tires where they found two of the tires had had hard use even though there was still good tread on the tires. Still driving on those tires at 70+K miles 1.5 years later. This is a 9 month car for me-used March-November. Next spring will probably require new tires and if I'm still experiencing body shimmy on rough roads will probably have the rear struts replaced.
Otherwise, the car has been great. It's not a "sports car", but at 58 I know I'd have difficulty getting in and out of a true "SC" so this is a comfortable alternative. It is the 5th or 6th Toyota I've owner and although I was a late convert to the brand, I am sold on them now. My 2002 Highlander has 121+K on it and runs like a champ. You can have all the electronic bells and whistles on the newer cars, to me it is just more stuff to breakdown, besides you should be focused on your driving, not your cars "Connectivity"!
the breaking bad row material ofmy new corolla is very bad they changed rapidly, also i have a problem with the air conditioning it stoped cooling when the outside temprature is o38,
also the acceleration of the car is very bad specially after you reach 120km/h it takes to long time to reach 140km/h
Good dependable car. I purchased new of '02 now has over 234K miles. Only things have changed be the maintenance care as the timing belt at 75,000 miles and Synthetic oil at 2,500 mile. I have never experienced nothing expensive replacing except minor small exhaust leak in 2012 won the lottery still driving this old car. Still comfortable, replaced brakes, tires, CVs, oil filter and 2 belts etc. So far my Avalon is a solid car it will go for another 100,000 miles as my '85 Cressida lasted 350,000 miles so know Toyotas are trustworthy cars keep on going and going.
I am 78 years old purchased Toyota Camry since 1984. Just got my new 2015 Camry SE absolutely love this 4th model. The car got good braking distances/smooth highway ride and gets 35 mpg to gal. Believe it or not car looks more luxury than being the daily midsize car very quiet like everything at best on my new Camry. Seats are comfortable, new fit and finish materials does not look cheap looking overall car is just perfect in every way all know it's a Toyota and planning driving until it belongs to someone else after I pass away leaving this earth.
I bought the Sienna new of 2013. This makes 3rd Sienna love all them only thing on last one is passenger sliding door wouldn't closed called my dealer as they had the tow truck towing to the dealer. I got the van back couple days later came from a motor went bad replaced under extended warranty. So far there hasn't been no other issues. Sienna is reliable van I have 34,000miles has good road handling and features are best as TV/DVD for kids as have small nieces and nephews. It drives well the automatic tranny shifts smooth no indicator warning lights or anything am having trouble on anything. My last 2004 Sienna went 200,000 mi before replacing the timing chain other than that was very good reliable van in running condition. Comfortable for rear pass as driver seat has nice comfort so everything is perfect on Sienna except my right passenger sliding door wouldn't closed back was raining that day at least the seat didn't get damaged doing a T-storm. If this van keeps going many miles I would considered buying another with good quality as all of them were dependable.
I traded a 2011 Grand Cherokee because minimal problems. In Feb of this year bought a 2015 4Runner there are two things slower gear and lacks of power. Big key the SUV is overall best love every bit of feature standard the SUV is great believe bought for great priced after getting out my lemon of Jeep.
Not a fan of this gen of Sienna anymore. Dash is full of cracks. Hard to get perfect alignment as am told no way to adjust rear wheels or needs some sort of rear camber/caster? kit. I keep it as close as possible for tire wear/tear. More and more problems keep popping up as Sienna ages. This has been a "hyper-maintained" Sienna since Day One of in service. Owned it over ten years before reaching 100K miles so less than normal wear and tear miles. Replaced the timeing belt, plugs, water pump and all seals and gaskets early about 89K miles. Then steering rack went out, then was told needed new steering pump, now AC evaporator case in dash has a leak and was told it will be $3000 to replace??? Trying to get AC fixed for less and get rid of this lemon.
I have a 2005 Camry xle v 6 3.0.liter. The car overall is great except for the door lock actuater went out on the driver door. The main issue i have is the alignment.First, I've had the alignment done 3 times and shortly after being fixed the car goes in either direction to the right or left. This occurs when I get the tires rotated and the allignment goes to the left, it's is this endless cycle of turning hard to the right or hard to the left after tire rotations. I don't want to spend any money until Im certain the cause of the problem.Second, when the car is travel over 65 to 75 the steering wheel vibrates violently. Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated . Thank you
2011 Brake Master Cylinder assembly failed at 45,000 miles, not on warranty cost in excess of $3,000 dollars. What a piece of crap.
bought this car brand new in 2013. front seats are extremely uncomfortable. long trips are a killer. No real leg room to speak off. Interior dash and door panel looks like cheap plastic. adjusting radio controls can be distracting while you are driving. If seats were any more uncomfortable would have traded in car!