» Toyota

Reviews for 33 Toyota models:

Toyota Reviews and Owner Comments

Toyota Owner Reviews (33 reviews)
    Toyota Toyota Camry Owner Reviews (see 253 reviews)
  • 1991 Toyota Camry
    Visitor, Conway, AR, January 22, 2015 15:25
    My 91 now has almost 260,000 and is still going strong and looking good. Just now replacing a couple of motor mounts and the radiator just developed a seal leak around the top, but parts for all this cost me only about $150. Overall this has been THE best car I've ever owned hands down. Not fancy but ALWAYS runs. CHange the oil and fluids and the absic maintenance items (alternatorm starter, master cylinder, plugs, cap, rotor, wires, PS pump, wheel bearings). I did the CV's myself which was a pain and don't recommend but the new ones will last longer than the car. Hoping to get 300,000. These cars are amazing
  • Toyota Toyota Corolla Owner Reviews (see 167 reviews)
  • 2006 Toyota Corolla
    Visitor, Burnsville, MN, January 19, 2015 15:48
    88,000 miles on my 2006 Toyota Corolla. Great car up to this point with no repairs except for general maintenance. Recently had problems with the engine racing after shifting, taking time for the car to respond. Also happened when going up inclines on freeways, with the engine racing for several seconds before the car would respond. Toyota service found the clutch to be bad. Repair costs - $1500.00.
  • Toyota Toyota Avalon Owner Reviews (see 66 reviews)
  • 2000 Toyota Avalon
    Visitor, Largo, FL, December 05, 2014 09:13
    My 2000 Toyota Avalon has 232,000 miles and runs and feels great, I have a 2003 highlander with 96,000 miles but prefer the Avalon because is a better ride and have no problems with it. The Avalon is my regular ride every where. I am the second owner, the music system and a/c are excellent. Is a XLS 6 cyl. The high millage does not matter as long I take good care of the car and do the fluids changes and tune ups my self.
  • Toyota Toyota Sienna Owner Reviews (see 65 reviews)
  • 2011 Toyota Sienna
    feldridge, Whitesburg, KY, January 20, 2015 04:31
    This is my 2nd Sienna, I have a 2004 and 2011. Back sliding doors on both (one electric, one manual) have caused me to change my mind completely about my next vehicle. It will definitely not be a Toyota. The steering squeals as well as the brakes and I have been told by the dealer this is normal NOT. Very dissatisfied with Toyota at this point and scared the electric doors are going to open and allow my grand children to fall out. They really need to recall at this point before some one gets killed.
  • Toyota Toyota 4Runner Owner Reviews (see 64 reviews)
  • 1997 Toyota 4Runner
    Visitor, Potwin, KS, December 28, 2014 05:49
    430000 miles would drive to California love this truck
  • Toyota Toyota Tacoma Owner Reviews (see 63 reviews)
  • 2010 Toyota Tacoma
    Visitor, Great Barrington, MA, June 25, 2014 15:42
    I have now owned 2 new Toyota products along with a newly purchased "Certified" Toyota Prius C. My purchase of the Prius came very, very prematurely. Right as Summer is upon us in the northeast my AC compressor decided to die at under 29,000 miles in my 2010 Tacoma. Of course 3 years has passed on my warranty but I was well under the 36,000 miles. It would have been at least $1900 before a hefty CT. sales tax to do the fix, and even then, who knows what else may have been at play. I could not see dumping that kind of money into a vehicle issue that should be covered by Toyota. The Sales Manager worked with me and got me into a pre-owned 2012 Prius with 47,000 miles on it. The trade was a wash and all I paid out of pocket was a doc fee, sales tax, reg/title and a pre-emptive platinum wrap warranty. I originally bought the Tacoma without even entertaining such an added expense, but now my confidence in Toyota is tarnished and I hope my latest car purchase will bring my confidence back into the fold. Had I had it fixed out of pocket or forgone the fix and gone to any other dealer or sold privately, I would be extremely unhappy with my losses. I feel like the dealership handled the situation as best they could and I feel I got a fair trade. At the end of the day, I know I will miss my truck and can only hope that the gas savings and new car settle my discontent.
  • Toyota Toyota Solara Owner Reviews (see 51 reviews)
  • 2002 Toyota Solara
    samanthafox, Oak Creek, WI, December 04, 2014 17:39
    had my toyota for 3 yrs,i love my car,now its rattling on the right side of engine,on the outside of it, i need to know what it could be, and how much too fix it, it makes a little rattling when on and parked and when i start giving gas at the begining and when i stop.
  • Toyota Toyota RAV4 Owner Reviews (see 42 reviews)
  • 2013 Toyota RAV4
    Visitor, Garden City, NY, December 25, 2014 18:55
    I have a 2013 RAV4 XLE AWD very pleased am at 43,000 miles. Purchased in December 2012 there are few shortcomings be listed about my RAV4 - Screen display has a glare, the ride isn't too smooth and very clumsy driving through snow suspension is so weak. Interior has plastic on dash console center have had problems with air conditioner got fixed at dealer even Toyota Maintenance Care Plan they wouldn't cover the cost. Trans shifts smooth but kind of hesitates at low speed but gets normal again don't know what causes that problem happens after vehicle is starting up . Fuel economy not so great gets 18 mpg lower I tried everything nothing doesn't help switching to several gas stations didn't help either other than that love the vehicle. I would get another Toyota but not a RAV4 with problems had out one have but its very reliable with an good horsepower engine and comfortable seats.
  • Toyota Toyota Sequoia Owner Reviews (see 37 reviews)
  • 2001 Toyota Sequoia
    Visitor, Orlando, FL, January 10, 2015 06:39
    I loved my 2001 Sequoia. It does have issues though. People really need to look at the reports on NHTSA. My ASC would go off randomly on dry roads going anywhere from 5 mph to 65 mph. Never was I skidding. This eventually led to the demise of the vehicle. On 1/6/15 an electrical fire started in the engine while I was driving my son to school. The brakes went out at a red light and then embers were coming out from under the truck. Thankfully we were able to get out. It eventually imploded the windshield into the car and the flames were a good 20 feet over the car. We are shaken, but alive. The car is a total loss due to issues Toyota has refused to recall. Yet the 2002 Sequoia had the same issue and got recalled. Anyone thinking about buying one of these needs to read blogs and complaints filed with NHTSA.
  • Toyota Toyota Land Cruiser Owner Reviews (see 33 reviews)
  • 2005 Toyota Land Cruiser
    Visitor, Ponca City, OK, December 16, 2013 13:24
    This is my second Landcruiser, the only reason we replaced the first is beacuse a low miles one rarely comes up - so we traded up a couple years. The AC blows my husbands new Tundra out of the water- acceleration in passing is powerful, rides quiet and smooth- would not trade it for ANY other SUV. THE best vehicle we have ever owned- now driving Landcruiser for 12 years!
  • Toyota Toyota Pickup Owner Reviews (see 32 reviews)
  • 1991 Toyota Pickup
    Visitor, Wake Island, HI, March 27, 2014 21:53
    I have a rav4 2001 model, Got tapping noise as if its a loose tappet don't know about these is it true the oil pick up on these block easily,ran engine cleaner through it twice and did make little difference. Is it true that they don't have the usual set up and you cant just tighten the tappets by taking off the tappet cover or what ever top cover on motor joined to head is called on these things. Any advice would be much appreciated,ASAP Please
  • Toyota Toyota Celica Owner Reviews (see 29 reviews)
  • 1993 Toyota Celica
    Visitor, Chester, VA, December 30, 2014 19:54
    I have a 1993 Celica GTS and it has been a great car. It had 17,000 miles on it when I got it and it now has over 208,000 on it. It has been my main driver since '93 and I have had very few problems with it over the years. It's still a sharp looking car after over 20 yrs. and very reliable.
  • Toyota Toyota Prius Owner Reviews (see 28 reviews)
  • 2013 Toyota Prius
    djrj, Murrieta, CA, January 25, 2015 12:14
    we were shopping for a small SUV like the Venza, but the Toyota Rep took my wishlist and showed us the Prius V and I was sold instantly! I love the height of the seats so getting in and out is much better than a sedan. I love the roominess of the hatchback on the V, and the gas mileage can't be beat, esp. compared to the Venza at about 19mpg! I'm not too techy so the nav/bluetooth/etc is just a bonus. I do like the handsfree driving on the phone. The ONLY major complaint is the Visors! Yes, the sun visors! They are not long enough to block the sun from the side window position, and just a tad shallow for the front position. Even if a slider were added, that would help, but it's kind of a big deal for me. We are a small family, hubby is 5'11" and he even loves the roominess in front and back. In Cali, we commute and drive at about 25000 miles per year. This has not failed us and have had zero problems. The bonus is the Toyota dealership in Temecula, CA is awesome! I even take our Ford F-150 and Honda Accord to them for routine maintenance!
  • Toyota Toyota Highlander Owner Reviews (see 27 reviews)
  • 2005 Toyota Highlander
    Visitor, Peabody, MA, June 30, 2014 21:12
    Bought new in 2005 v6 AWD Toyota Highlander, now have 148,000 miles. Best vehicle i have ever owned, and i have owned a few nice vehicles before and during owning this vehicler. I have replaced regular stuff like tires, pads, rotors, wipers, battery... normal stuff. Other issues have been that something went on with hot/cold knob where it would not turn to cold. i now have a minor, but still existent exhaust leak. My moonroof stopped working at about 100k and i just leave it closed and never bothered to fix it since Toyota wanted $1400 to fix. I do not know why seeing that i could install a moonroof in a car that doesn't have one for about that price. But that is it, i would recommended this vehicle to anyone
  • Toyota Toyota T100 Owner Reviews (see 23 reviews)
  • 1997 Toyota T100
    Visitor, Hampstead, MD, March 01, 2014 07:50
    my t100 has 173.000 miles on it bought it brand new...reg.t100 problems..only thing I wish I what have done was get an stainless stell exhaust.. I want thru 4 so far...still runs like brand new...only one front end all. because I had to replace a tie rod end..but over all I got my money worth I think...I hate to guess how much I spent in gas the lat 17 teen yrs..lol the truck is really rusting out bad..i guess when the wheels fall off I get another car or something..that get good mpg...people stop your bitching about how your t100 frame rails have rust on them...if you were this old on the east coast any truck would hsve rust...doug
  • Toyota Toyota Tundra Owner Reviews (see 23 reviews)
  • 2012 Toyota Tundra
    Visitor, Vaughnsville, OH, December 22, 2014 23:29
    Love my Tundra owned a 5 yr old F-150 before buying the Tundra a sweet double cab didn't get all bells and whistles as my 2007 F-150 but is a dependable truck. It tows things well and rides smooth. At now 68,000 miles get serviced at dealer which offers excellent service plus have the Toyota Maintenance Care Plan works great too.
  • Toyota Toyota Matrix Owner Reviews (see 22 reviews)
  • 2007 Toyota Matrix
    Visitor, Harsens Island, MI, December 31, 2014 08:04
    Bought this car new in 2007. I live in Canada, and drive it year round. Have 202000 km on it and still runs like new. I have rust proof the undercarriage, and the body still looks immaculate. Except for a tranny flush and regular maintenance the car is amazing. Work with buddies who have Hyundai's with all the gadgets and they are constantly visiting the dealer to get something serviced under warranty. I personally have done all the maintenance for this car, and it still amazes me. I love that I can put an 8 foot ladder in this car and drive. My car was built in Canada and I am happy it helps build our economy. The newer model matrix might look a bit more sporty, but the full back side windows reduce the piller and you get a great view of your blind spots. This car is a winner in my books.
  • Toyota Toyota Echo Owner Reviews (see 20 reviews)
  • 2000 Toyota Echo
    Visitor, Oshkosh, WI, August 12, 2014 16:59
    I bought my Echo with 172,000 miles on it. Shortly after purchase , I had shift cable freeze up. Not Toyota' s issue. It was pinched in an exhaust connection, by a dumb mechanic. Replaced leaky water pump & a weak alternator, shortly after purchase. Other than that, it's been oil & filter changes, & air filter & spark plug. All brake pads & shoes replaced along with tires. Now at 225,000, I am replacing the power steering high pressure line, Due to wear from a rough Wisconsin winter. Very reliable car. Tough, too! 6 minor accidents & very little damage to show for it.
  • Toyota Toyota Yaris Owner Reviews (see 17 reviews)
  • 2010 Toyota Yaris
    Visitor, Milwaukee, WI, December 30, 2014 17:12
    Bought a 2010 Yaris with 28K miles as a certified used Toyota. The AC barely works if it is above 90 degrees out. Since this last summer was weak, the dealership stated they couldn't find anything wrong. Now that it is winter, the automatic transmission doesn't want to shift into the last gear even while on freeway speeds. The RPM's will rev over 4K and it will not down shift. Once the car is warm then it finally does. Took it to the dealership and they hooked it up and stated they couldn't find anything. They refused to let it get cold, so I could show them the problem and they declined. Wilde Toyota of Wisconsin is doing everything they can to not have to warranty these problems. Once the Transmission blows, which will be past the 12K warranty, they will say how it wasn't something they could predict. I am not a fan of Toyotas and now I will never buy one from Wilde in Wisconsin.
  • Toyota Toyota Tercel Owner Reviews (see 15 reviews)
  • 1996 Toyota Tercel
    Visitor, College Station, TX, September 20, 2012 21:56
    I have been using since 2009 to date almost four years but changed only battery,refill gas.Toyota Tercel 1996.
  • Toyota Toyota Paseo Owner Reviews (see 12 reviews)
  • 1992 Toyota Paseo
    Visitor, Wake Island, HI, December 02, 2013 15:55
    Great car - fantastic reliability We have had this car for 6 years and it is now on 230,000 kms Only changed battery & tyres plus oil Doesnt leak creak or over heat fantastic
  • Toyota Toyota Previa Owner Reviews (see 10 reviews)
  • 1991 Toyota Previa
    Visitor, Paris, KY, February 15, 2012 15:12
    I bought my Toyota Previa new in 1990... a 1991 model. Since then, my children and I have put 489,000 miles on it. Today I learned that I may need a differencial. Other than that it's an amazing vehicle and I intend to replace the differencial...but I need to locate a used one somewhere. This will be the first major repair to my awesome vehicle. I love driving it just like I did when I drove it off the lot! If anyone knows of place to get an inexpensive differencial for it, please advise. Thanks.
  • Toyota Toyota Camry Hybrid Owner Reviews (see 7 reviews)
  • 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid
    Visitor, Dallas, TX, April 12, 2013 08:12
    I couldn't have been any happier than I have been with this car! The fuel economy, dependability, speed, handling, and durability have far surpassed all my expectations. It helped me save a life as I had no choice but to rush a teenage hit and run victim to a hospital late o e night. It was steadily accelerating past 130mph. I was completely shocked and even more grateful for getting me there within mere seconds before he would've been hopeless. I never thought I would appreciate a car so much, but I'm glad I was wrong.I plan on keeping "Cammy" until I have absolutely no other choice. Chris R.
  • Toyota Toyota MR2 Spyder Owner Reviews (see 6 reviews)
  • 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    Visitor, Moorestown, NJ, February 17, 2013 21:57
    A blast to drive even at 102K and fuel economy remains at factory specs (26/32 mpg) even though a tune up has yet to be done. Low maintenance and nary a repair the whole while. Finish remains bright and shiny even though parked outdoor year round. This car corners and handles like a dream. Headlights could provide more field of view, but the brakes are fantastic are the the transmission, suspension and build quality throughout. Highly recommended.
  • Toyota Toyota Venza Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 2009 Toyota Venza
    Roses49, Gulfport, MS, June 11, 2014 11:13
    I've owned a Venza since September 2009 & have not experienced any problems. The Road Noise is too loud, so more insulation ?? may be needed. Leather seats are still in great condition & very comfortable. Electric seats still functioning well. JBL sound system is very good. The storage area is very ample. The back seats fold down, allowing for very long items. when We have taken trips, we found the vehicle to be comfortable, roomy & fantastic on mileage. We actually experianced average gas mileage on the interstate of 33.1/mpg (amazing!).
  • Toyota Toyota FJ Cruiser Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Visitor, Greensboro, NC, January 14, 2013 12:25
    I love my baby. Got her in 2011 with 26,000 miles on her. She was and is still like new. I have no problem taking her to the dealer for regular maintenance. Handles like a sports car. Smooth ride like a touring sedan. Just sweet.
  • Toyota Toyota Supra Owner Reviews (see 3 reviews)
  • 1997 Toyota Supra
    Visitor, Stafford, VA, April 12, 2013 06:15
    Engine cranks but will not start;getting 12 volts with ignition switch in on position, drpos to 8 volts during cranking. I have replaced the battery
  • Toyota Toyota Highlander Hybrid Owner Reviews (see 3 reviews)
  • 2009 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
    edmarch, Spokane, WA, December 20, 2010 05:22
    This vehicle is my first Toyota . It functions as advertised but it really doesn't have that technology leap that I expected buying a "hybrid". its has obtained an average overall MPG of approx. 21.4. The hybrid system performs better in warmer weather (a function of the battery electrolyte reaction) than cold. Its run as an electric vehicle (EV) for less than a mile at speeds less than 15 mph in traffic congestion but battery depletes an it take time to regenerate sufficient energy levels to drive in EV mode again. The EV mode is more of a novelty than really functional. The suggested EPA MPG rating is optimistic at best. Overall impression so far is that its a bit pricey ($45000) and has never really measures up to hybrid standards. Its a stop gap "hybrid" that falls short of real world green expectations.
  • Toyota Toyota MR2 Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 1995 Toyota MR2
    suzkarmah, Dallas, TX, February 03, 2010 15:17
    I had the pleasure of owning 3 MR2s, the 1st year, 1985, the 1989, last year of the orig body style and finally, the creme de la creme, the 1995 Turbo package 2nd body style, last year for the car in the US. I will always love the MR2, the car is so well balanced, the engine never overstepping what the cornering capabilities are, etc. There is plenty of room for storage and passengers without bumping into each other. The car accelerates to 110 quickly and smoothly and exhibits no noise, no rattles at 127mph, the fastest I ever got it up to, and even after a decade the car was solid as it was when I bought it. If I found a premium 95 MR2, I'd be very tempted to trade my Boxster S for it. I love the MR2.
  • Toyota Toyota Celica All-Trac Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 1993 Toyota Celica All-Trac
    Visitor, Diamond Bar, CA, May 04, 2010 01:48
    Nice looking car, sharp handling, precise steering with good feedback, short distance braking, nice interior, comfortable driving position, practical liftback trunk. A little bit heavy, not so powerful below 2700 rpm. Problems: Overheating & need new head gasket, AC not cold & need new compressor, electric antenna stuck. Overall, it's the best Celica ever with good reliability.