» Toyota

Reviews for 33 Toyota models:

Toyota Reviews and Owner Comments

Toyota Owner Reviews (33 reviews)
    Toyota Toyota Camry Owner Reviews (see 256 reviews)
  • 2008 Toyota Camry
    Visitor, Bangor, ME, February 19, 2015 16:20
    I have a 2008 Camry and will never own another. It is a piece of junk. Eats oil, eats gas, hesitation, brakes and rotors gone, mildew smell in heater/AC, AND THE WORST PART OF ALL - WAY TO MANY BLIND SPOTS WHEN DRIVING - I DO NOT FEEL SAFE IN THIS CAR..
  • Toyota Toyota Corolla Owner Reviews (see 169 reviews)
  • 2007 Toyota Corolla
    Visitor, Aberdeen, WA, March 28, 2015 17:42
    Ok--have been reading the reviews on the 2007 Toyota Corolla, and and now will give mine ! Bought the 2007 brand new, in less then 2 years the water pump went out (still under warranty, thank goodness) then in 2014 the water pump went out AGAIN !! Had to pay this time, not happy about it going out the second time. Well the AC is not working now.Would not recommend this car to anyone as I have only 56133 miles on it. Consumer reports give it a bad rating, sounds like Camry and Prieus is the best .
  • Toyota Toyota Avalon Owner Reviews (see 66 reviews)
  • 2000 Toyota Avalon
    Visitor, Largo, FL, December 05, 2014 12:13
    My 2000 Toyota Avalon has 232,000 miles and runs and feels great, I have a 2003 highlander with 96,000 miles but prefer the Avalon because is a better ride and have no problems with it. The Avalon is my regular ride every where. I am the second owner, the music system and a/c are excellent. Is a XLS 6 cyl. The high millage does not matter as long I take good care of the car and do the fluids changes and tune ups my self.
  • Toyota Toyota Sienna Owner Reviews (see 66 reviews)
  • 2004 Toyota Sienna
    Visitor, Nashville, TN, February 23, 2015 04:28
    Bought new in 2004 & currently have 200K+ miles At 130K miles I replaced timing belt, water pump & flushed all fluids & rear braes(routine maintenance) replaced front brake rotors Had the radiator replaced under a recall I had the same issue as others in regards to premature tire wear which was remedied by upgrading the rear shocks to the ones used on the AWD van. I had to replace the main a/c relay ($35 from Amazon) This has been the most reliable & cost efficient vehicles that I've ever owned.
  • Toyota Toyota 4Runner Owner Reviews (see 65 reviews)
  • 2007 Toyota 4Runner
    997PDK, Streamwood, IL, February 07, 2015 20:37
    I bought my 4.7 V8 4Runner new in 2007. This may be the best auto I've ever owned! The 4Runner belongs to a select few that is body-on-frame construction, giving you more control and rigidity in off-road conditions. At 78,000 miles I haven't had a single mechanical or electrical problem. Absolutely ZERO issues. There are no rattles or shakes, even when driving on rough terrain. The components are solid and still look quite new. Trans shifts all five gears seamlessly. The i-Force V8 is smooth but powerful. Performance in rain and snow is like no other. It remains solid, confident and willing. Lock the differential and go 4X4-low and you'll be able to have more fun. The down-hill-assist is a nice option for steep down hills. This SUV, built actually by Hino, may not be for everyone but its build quality and performance may impress. I am a very happy 4Runner owner!
  • Toyota Toyota Tacoma Owner Reviews (see 64 reviews)
  • 2001 Toyota Tacoma
    Visitor, Bow, NH, February 07, 2015 14:39
    i have owned my this truck for 3 years when i bought it it had 68,000miles now has 100,000. it is also lifted 6 inches with 35in tires, also has upgraded bumpers and sound system truck has been great nothing has gone wrong with the motor and i have put it through some rough times only thing i have ever had to replace was breaks, and installed new ranch struts which factory ones just didn't give a good enough ride with the lift.. over all would recommend this truck to anyone who's looking for a reliable and well build truck.
  • Toyota Toyota Solara Owner Reviews (see 51 reviews)
  • 2002 Toyota Solara
    samanthafox, Oak Creek, WI, December 04, 2014 20:39
    had my toyota for 3 yrs,i love my car,now its rattling on the right side of engine,on the outside of it, i need to know what it could be, and how much too fix it, it makes a little rattling when on and parked and when i start giving gas at the begining and when i stop.
  • Toyota Toyota RAV4 Owner Reviews (see 44 reviews)
  • 2014 Toyota RAV4
    Visitor, Prineville, OR, March 08, 2015 12:47
    2014 RAV had the RAV at the coast for 2 weeks the rear brakes developed rust so that a continuous low thumping was heard when applying the brakes. Dealer said it was a problem for them on the coast. Cost $140 to have them polish the rust off-after that no thumping. Probably cheap china part.
  • Toyota Toyota Sequoia Owner Reviews (see 37 reviews)
  • 2001 Toyota Sequoia
    Visitor, Orlando, FL, January 10, 2015 09:39
    I loved my 2001 Sequoia. It does have issues though. People really need to look at the reports on NHTSA. My ASC would go off randomly on dry roads going anywhere from 5 mph to 65 mph. Never was I skidding. This eventually led to the demise of the vehicle. On 1/6/15 an electrical fire started in the engine while I was driving my son to school. The brakes went out at a red light and then embers were coming out from under the truck. Thankfully we were able to get out. It eventually imploded the windshield into the car and the flames were a good 20 feet over the car. We are shaken, but alive. The car is a total loss due to issues Toyota has refused to recall. Yet the 2002 Sequoia had the same issue and got recalled. Anyone thinking about buying one of these needs to read blogs and complaints filed with NHTSA.
  • Toyota Toyota Land Cruiser Owner Reviews (see 33 reviews)
  • 2005 Toyota Land Cruiser
    Visitor, Ponca City, OK, December 16, 2013 16:24
    This is my second Landcruiser, the only reason we replaced the first is beacuse a low miles one rarely comes up - so we traded up a couple years. The AC blows my husbands new Tundra out of the water- acceleration in passing is powerful, rides quiet and smooth- would not trade it for ANY other SUV. THE best vehicle we have ever owned- now driving Landcruiser for 12 years!
  • Toyota Toyota Pickup Owner Reviews (see 32 reviews)
  • 1991 Toyota Pickup
    Visitor, Wake Island, HI, March 28, 2014 00:53
    I have a rav4 2001 model, Got tapping noise as if its a loose tappet don't know about these is it true the oil pick up on these block easily,ran engine cleaner through it twice and did make little difference. Is it true that they don't have the usual set up and you cant just tighten the tappets by taking off the tappet cover or what ever top cover on motor joined to head is called on these things. Any advice would be much appreciated,ASAP Please
  • Toyota Toyota Prius Owner Reviews (see 30 reviews)
  • 2004 Toyota Prius
    Janstheman, Greenwood, IN, March 26, 2015 17:55
    I am the original owner of a 2004 Prius. I have 153000 miles on her. She has never left me stranded. It will be eleven years on the 15th of April. The electric water pump has been replaced three times under warranty. The headlamp leveling sensor has been replaced once and I am on my third set of tires. My windshield has been replaced three times. The front of my car has survived many hits from rocks, stones, bugs and God only knows what else. The paint is chipped but no rust what so ever. Would I buy another Prius? Sure I would, I love my car and will eventually get another newer Prius. But for now, I will continue to drive this one until I can't afford to drive it.
  • Toyota Toyota Celica Owner Reviews (see 29 reviews)
  • 1993 Toyota Celica
    Visitor, Chester, VA, December 30, 2014 22:54
    I have a 1993 Celica GTS and it has been a great car. It had 17,000 miles on it when I got it and it now has over 208,000 on it. It has been my main driver since '93 and I have had very few problems with it over the years. It's still a sharp looking car after over 20 yrs. and very reliable.
  • Toyota Toyota Highlander Owner Reviews (see 27 reviews)
  • 2005 Toyota Highlander
    Visitor, Peabody, MA, July 01, 2014 00:12
    Bought new in 2005 v6 AWD Toyota Highlander, now have 148,000 miles. Best vehicle i have ever owned, and i have owned a few nice vehicles before and during owning this vehicler. I have replaced regular stuff like tires, pads, rotors, wipers, battery... normal stuff. Other issues have been that something went on with hot/cold knob where it would not turn to cold. i now have a minor, but still existent exhaust leak. My moonroof stopped working at about 100k and i just leave it closed and never bothered to fix it since Toyota wanted $1400 to fix. I do not know why seeing that i could install a moonroof in a car that doesn't have one for about that price. But that is it, i would recommended this vehicle to anyone
  • Toyota Toyota T100 Owner Reviews (see 24 reviews)
  • 1995 Toyota T100
    Visitor, Bulverde, TX, February 21, 2015 23:25
    Bought my 95 from the original owner, I drove it for two years and sold it to my brother. He drove it for 2 years and sold it to his coworker. I just bought it back from him. Truck had 177k miles on it when he blew the engine. He put a new Toyota engine, new clutch, flywheel, radiator, water pump, hoses, belts, fluids, brakes.. Just like a new truck again. Happy to have it back and only paid 3k for it.
  • Toyota Toyota Tundra Owner Reviews (see 23 reviews)
  • 2012 Toyota Tundra
    Visitor, Vaughnsville, OH, December 23, 2014 02:29
    Love my Tundra owned a 5 yr old F-150 before buying the Tundra a sweet double cab didn't get all bells and whistles as my 2007 F-150 but is a dependable truck. It tows things well and rides smooth. At now 68,000 miles get serviced at dealer which offers excellent service plus have the Toyota Maintenance Care Plan works great too.
  • Toyota Toyota Matrix Owner Reviews (see 22 reviews)
  • 2007 Toyota Matrix
    Visitor, Harsens Island, MI, December 31, 2014 11:04
    Bought this car new in 2007. I live in Canada, and drive it year round. Have 202000 km on it and still runs like new. I have rust proof the undercarriage, and the body still looks immaculate. Except for a tranny flush and regular maintenance the car is amazing. Work with buddies who have Hyundai's with all the gadgets and they are constantly visiting the dealer to get something serviced under warranty. I personally have done all the maintenance for this car, and it still amazes me. I love that I can put an 8 foot ladder in this car and drive. My car was built in Canada and I am happy it helps build our economy. The newer model matrix might look a bit more sporty, but the full back side windows reduce the piller and you get a great view of your blind spots. This car is a winner in my books.
  • Toyota Toyota Echo Owner Reviews (see 20 reviews)
  • 2000 Toyota Echo
    Visitor, Oshkosh, WI, August 12, 2014 19:59
    I bought my Echo with 172,000 miles on it. Shortly after purchase , I had shift cable freeze up. Not Toyota' s issue. It was pinched in an exhaust connection, by a dumb mechanic. Replaced leaky water pump & a weak alternator, shortly after purchase. Other than that, it's been oil & filter changes, & air filter & spark plug. All brake pads & shoes replaced along with tires. Now at 225,000, I am replacing the power steering high pressure line, Due to wear from a rough Wisconsin winter. Very reliable car. Tough, too! 6 minor accidents & very little damage to show for it.
  • Toyota Toyota Yaris Owner Reviews (see 17 reviews)
  • 2010 Toyota Yaris
    Visitor, Milwaukee, WI, December 30, 2014 20:12
    Bought a 2010 Yaris with 28K miles as a certified used Toyota. The AC barely works if it is above 90 degrees out. Since this last summer was weak, the dealership stated they couldn't find anything wrong. Now that it is winter, the automatic transmission doesn't want to shift into the last gear even while on freeway speeds. The RPM's will rev over 4K and it will not down shift. Once the car is warm then it finally does. Took it to the dealership and they hooked it up and stated they couldn't find anything. They refused to let it get cold, so I could show them the problem and they declined. Wilde Toyota of Wisconsin is doing everything they can to not have to warranty these problems. Once the Transmission blows, which will be past the 12K warranty, they will say how it wasn't something they could predict. I am not a fan of Toyotas and now I will never buy one from Wilde in Wisconsin.
  • Toyota Toyota Tercel Owner Reviews (see 15 reviews)
  • 1996 Toyota Tercel
    Visitor, College Station, TX, September 21, 2012 00:56
    I have been using since 2009 to date almost four years but changed only battery,refill gas.Toyota Tercel 1996.
  • Toyota Toyota Paseo Owner Reviews (see 12 reviews)
  • 1992 Toyota Paseo
    Visitor, Wake Island, HI, December 02, 2013 18:55
    Great car - fantastic reliability We have had this car for 6 years and it is now on 230,000 kms Only changed battery & tyres plus oil Doesnt leak creak or over heat fantastic
  • Toyota Toyota Previa Owner Reviews (see 10 reviews)
  • 1991 Toyota Previa
    Visitor, Paris, KY, February 15, 2012 18:12
    I bought my Toyota Previa new in 1990... a 1991 model. Since then, my children and I have put 489,000 miles on it. Today I learned that I may need a differencial. Other than that it's an amazing vehicle and I intend to replace the differencial...but I need to locate a used one somewhere. This will be the first major repair to my awesome vehicle. I love driving it just like I did when I drove it off the lot! If anyone knows of place to get an inexpensive differencial for it, please advise. Thanks.
  • Toyota Toyota Camry Hybrid Owner Reviews (see 7 reviews)
  • 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid
    Visitor, Dallas, TX, April 12, 2013 11:12
    I couldn't have been any happier than I have been with this car! The fuel economy, dependability, speed, handling, and durability have far surpassed all my expectations. It helped me save a life as I had no choice but to rush a teenage hit and run victim to a hospital late o e night. It was steadily accelerating past 130mph. I was completely shocked and even more grateful for getting me there within mere seconds before he would've been hopeless. I never thought I would appreciate a car so much, but I'm glad I was wrong.I plan on keeping "Cammy" until I have absolutely no other choice. Chris R.
  • Toyota Toyota MR2 Spyder Owner Reviews (see 6 reviews)
  • 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    Visitor, Moorestown, NJ, February 18, 2013 00:57
    A blast to drive even at 102K and fuel economy remains at factory specs (26/32 mpg) even though a tune up has yet to be done. Low maintenance and nary a repair the whole while. Finish remains bright and shiny even though parked outdoor year round. This car corners and handles like a dream. Headlights could provide more field of view, but the brakes are fantastic are the the transmission, suspension and build quality throughout. Highly recommended.
  • Toyota Toyota Venza Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 2009 Toyota Venza
    Roses49, Gulfport, MS, June 11, 2014 14:13
    I've owned a Venza since September 2009 & have not experienced any problems. The Road Noise is too loud, so more insulation ?? may be needed. Leather seats are still in great condition & very comfortable. Electric seats still functioning well. JBL sound system is very good. The storage area is very ample. The back seats fold down, allowing for very long items. when We have taken trips, we found the vehicle to be comfortable, roomy & fantastic on mileage. We actually experianced average gas mileage on the interstate of 33.1/mpg (amazing!).
  • Toyota Toyota FJ Cruiser Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Visitor, Greensboro, NC, January 14, 2013 15:25
    I love my baby. Got her in 2011 with 26,000 miles on her. She was and is still like new. I have no problem taking her to the dealer for regular maintenance. Handles like a sports car. Smooth ride like a touring sedan. Just sweet.
  • Toyota Toyota Highlander Hybrid Owner Reviews (see 3 reviews)
  • 2009 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
    edmarch, Spokane, WA, December 20, 2010 08:22
    This vehicle is my first Toyota . It functions as advertised but it really doesn't have that technology leap that I expected buying a "hybrid". its has obtained an average overall MPG of approx. 21.4. The hybrid system performs better in warmer weather (a function of the battery electrolyte reaction) than cold. Its run as an electric vehicle (EV) for less than a mile at speeds less than 15 mph in traffic congestion but battery depletes an it take time to regenerate sufficient energy levels to drive in EV mode again. The EV mode is more of a novelty than really functional. The suggested EPA MPG rating is optimistic at best. Overall impression so far is that its a bit pricey ($45000) and has never really measures up to hybrid standards. Its a stop gap "hybrid" that falls short of real world green expectations.
  • Toyota Toyota Supra Owner Reviews (see 3 reviews)
  • 1997 Toyota Supra
    Visitor, Stafford, VA, April 12, 2013 09:15
    Engine cranks but will not start;getting 12 volts with ignition switch in on position, drpos to 8 volts during cranking. I have replaced the battery
  • Toyota Toyota MR2 Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 1995 Toyota MR2
    suzkarmah, Dallas, TX, February 03, 2010 18:17
    I had the pleasure of owning 3 MR2s, the 1st year, 1985, the 1989, last year of the orig body style and finally, the creme de la creme, the 1995 Turbo package 2nd body style, last year for the car in the US. I will always love the MR2, the car is so well balanced, the engine never overstepping what the cornering capabilities are, etc. There is plenty of room for storage and passengers without bumping into each other. The car accelerates to 110 quickly and smoothly and exhibits no noise, no rattles at 127mph, the fastest I ever got it up to, and even after a decade the car was solid as it was when I bought it. If I found a premium 95 MR2, I'd be very tempted to trade my Boxster S for it. I love the MR2.
  • Toyota Toyota Celica All-Trac Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 1993 Toyota Celica All-Trac
    Visitor, Diamond Bar, CA, May 04, 2010 04:48
    Nice looking car, sharp handling, precise steering with good feedback, short distance braking, nice interior, comfortable driving position, practical liftback trunk. A little bit heavy, not so powerful below 2700 rpm. Problems: Overheating & need new head gasket, AC not cold & need new compressor, electric antenna stuck. Overall, it's the best Celica ever with good reliability.