Toyota Reviews

Toyota Reviews and Owner Comments

bought this car brand new in 2013. front seats are extremely uncomfortable. long trips are a killer. No real leg room to speak off. Interior dash and door panel looks like cheap plastic. adjusting radio controls can be distracting while you are driving. If seats were any more uncomfortable would have traded in car!
I bought my 2009 Sienna brand new right before i was expecting my 3rd child. Perfect car for a family of 5. I replaced the transmission at 50k miles at a cost of 6000. I now have a van with sliding doors that do not work. I called corporate and my local Toyota dealer and they will not cover it because they extended the warranty for broken doors on the old vans(07 and 08)and not the 2009. I now have 67k miles on my car and between the transmission being completely replaced and the quote of 3000 to fix my doors you can bet i will never but Toyota based on their service and certainly do not buy anything with power doors.
I purchased my 2003 Rav 4 in 2006 with just over 30k miles. It had/has been maintained as recommended. It is a 5 speed manual transmission, which I have driven for more than 30 years of experience driving. I have had to replace two catalytic converters, an O2 sensor, a rear barring, the clutch, and now it is making a rattling noise. Each time I have not wanted to take on a new car payment, but this car has been a lemon. I found out the there was issued an extended warranty due to a defective Engine Computer ECM ECU PCM unit, but it expired at 10 years. This is my third and last Toyota. They should have notified me of the problem and repaired it before I replace 2 cat converters and an O2 sensor.
Owned 2 4Runner's until purchased a 2004 Avalon. I LOVE the ride and comfort of this car I'm at 185,000. Gets excellent services oil changes with 3,500 mile scheduled maintenance. Runs smooth with the 6 cylinder love this car its worth everything in the book planning driving until all four wheels comes off. I recently got T-Belt changed @75,000 so far after 6 years owned my Avalon there hasn't been a major problems out this car. Will continue on servicing at three thousand miles no oil leaks or other issues have had with it but brakes/3 batteries its a good reliable vehicle as my '69 Plymouth Valiant bought used in 1974 this car is amazing with Toyota's Quality.
We bought the car new and it now has 205,000 miles on it. Aside from regular maintenance we replaces the air conditioning condenser at about 150,000 mile. The car is in the shop now for a wheel bearing replacement and a leak at the valve cover. I am having the valves adjusted since the cover will already be off. There is a slight leak in the power steering but the quoted cost for fixing this is very expensive. I expect to get a second opinion and quote. All in all we are very pleased with the Highlander. The interior is in excellent condition and aside from a few dings the outside is in good shape as well. We expect to drive it to (or past) 300,000 miles.
Best car I've ever owned. 215K miles @ 9 years old and have done little to it. Front brake pads first time @ 150K miles. Exhaust pipes @ 170K 1 Rear Shock blew at $165K (so replaced both). Catalytic converter code just came up at 212K miles and suspension is only now just sounding like it may need attention. Body is in great shape, no rust, and car lives outside in coastal CT. Still average 44-47 mpg. What more need be said?
Cost to repair this car is more expense than the current price. many light in dashboard appear in my Prius 2007 with 84,000. According with the Tech repairs from Headquarter Toyota the ABS assembly was damage. to repair this piece of that car cost me more than US$3,600.00 Between other pieces to running again on this hybrid car I have to place US$4,900 in the table to fix. The current price for this car in the market is in average US$6,400.00. And Toyota USA never recognize to replace that ABS piece since they made other recalls on this cars on 2,012, year when I purchase this expensive car.....saving money on gas, but to repair is more money for Toyota???????
Saw my first FJ in 2006 and immediately ran to the nearest Toyota dealer to order the new 2007 VooDoo Blue FJ 4X4 5-speed automatic (a real tough-girl's car)with many extras...have over 100,000 miles now and still navigating the mud and the Chicago expressways with equal ease. Maneuvers better than any two wheel drive American made passenger vehicle I have ever owned. Will never part with it except to buy another one just like it.
My previous cars had more style & swag. However this car is the most reliable and almost carefree. I did change the front disc brakes at 50K. The back brakes should be good until 100K (I have 60K miles on it now). I drive it to Vegas 3-4 times a year, and it runs like a beaut! 39 miles to the gallon and not too much noise on the freeway going 75mph for a 4 cylinder engine. I changed the transmission oil and changed the radiator fluid at 50K. That is all I have done to this vehicle. I will keep it for another $100K and then sell it (I have had offers already because it is in almost mint condition). Great car.
I had my 4Runner since 2002 brand new. There isn't a SUV would drive but a Toyota 4Runner its the best ever. I used to take into a Service Center on S. Prentiss Drive now 222k miles the dealer get serviced Oaks Toyota works on my SUV. Still very comfortably handles, runs and drives great the 6 cylinder is peppy. I did go to O'Reilly changed out spark plugs and air filters but luckily let dealership service oil changes and rotations etc. It's in mint condition never going to get rid of it did get AC repaired in June 2013 but overall very dependable. I would definitely buy another in a heartbeat this 4Runner is great ever driven to Colorado and Tennessee its the best ever had.
bought toyota xle new in feb 2002,in april 2011 at 230000 mi.3 head bolts loosen,had to rebour.at 203000 put first set of new brakes on, since then,new starter,cat,and regular maintance things.have now 349000 on this. excellance car
I had 279,000 miles on mine before a mud bog got me sideways and I had a rollover accident that totalled it. No injuries whatsoever. Owned it for 10 years. My esteem for durability, safety and reliability is vastly more important to me than any concerns about 13 MPG. My experience with brake costs seems consistent with other posts here, also the Birfield joints (CV joint) can be an Achilles' heel. I had the cylinder head machined at 180,000 because a piece of spark plug wiring fell into the combustion chamber during a tune up and I couldn't get it out. The machinist found a 0.04" warp across the face of the head that he couldn't machine out. He suggested just reassembling it anyway, which I did. I put nearly 100,000 miles on that warped head! In the ranks of all-time best utilitarian workhorse SUV's this vehicle belongs on everybody's short list, and certainly at the top of my list. I will buy another one.
I had a 2005 but got totaled now I am driving a 2007 Avalon Limited purchased in 2011. This car is reliable and comfortable driven have silver color as my other one loving my Avalon its a best pick owning one of these. Does great in city driving plus interior feels like a Buick love elegance in/out of it its in excellent condition. I would buy another in a heartbeat I'm driving this one until 200,000 just did regular oil changes and changed spark plugs at 3,000 miles). Overall Avalon is best car ever owned gorgeous looking very quiet driving after 4 years never given me an problem it's amazing than ever to drive being the best ever.
160,000 miles and still going strong - other than brakes, tires and scheduled maintenance, I've had to replace the alternator at about 80K, one ignition coil at 150K, and a leaking AC Condenser at 160K. Compared to other cars I've owned, and that's a lot with 2 kids in college, this car has been incredible. As it also came with a lifetime power train warranty, I'm going to keep it for as long as possible - and when it finally goes, I would buy another Toyota in a heartbeat.
4 wheeling machine but fuck the 3.o
I like my Avalon Limited BUT ..... I just learned that to replace my headlight bulbs they need to remove the bumper ( P&L) runs over $500 for both lights - my older Camry cost $30 for parts and 25 min of my own labor. What kind of car co. would build a car that requires removal of the bumper to change the bulb. Although other elements in the car seem to work well after my 8 years of owner ship I am extremely worried what other lame brain ideas guided the decisions that will effect the owners ability to repair their car as it gets older. My other complaint is the suspension which is getting loose, noisy, and less luxury in feel. ( however part of the blame goes to Louisiana roads which are substandard to say the least ) Hope I won't be on the site in a few years complaining about repair cost for things I don't even image yet. I kind of feel like Toyota ( which I have trusted for my last 3 cars) has let me down, hope to be proved wrong !
I have a 2011 Landcruiser which was purchased new. At 60000 miles the ventilation unit no longer recirculates air and the dealer is asking $2700 to repair it. Wow! I thought a Landcruiser would have better reliability than this.
I brought my highlander in August of 2004 and she is still going. I commute about 100 miles round trip to work and travel to different cities for my daughter club soccer on the weekends. Besides the normal wear and tear repairs my highlander has been excellent. Air conditioning is still blowing out cold air and has never had any problems. She currently has over 243,400 miles with original transmission and engine. I brought a prius in 2013 for better gas but kept my highlander for my teenagers to drive. Dont plan on getting rid of her. Love this car!
steering locks up not good I drive from a wheelchair
Ok--have been reading the reviews on the 2007 Toyota Corolla, and and now will give mine ! Bought the 2007 brand new, in less then 2 years the water pump went out (still under warranty, thank goodness) then in 2014 the water pump went out AGAIN !! Had to pay this time, not happy about it going out the second time. Well the AC is not working now.Would not recommend this car to anyone as I have only 56133 miles on it. Consumer reports give it a bad rating, sounds like Camry and Prieus is the best .
I am the original owner of a 2004 Prius. I have 153000 miles on her. She has never left me stranded. It will be eleven years on the 15th of April. The electric water pump has been replaced three times under warranty. The headlamp leveling sensor has been replaced once and I am on my third set of tires. My windshield has been replaced three times. The front of my car has survived many hits from rocks, stones, bugs and God only knows what else. The paint is chipped but no rust what so ever. Would I buy another Prius? Sure I would, I love my car and will eventually get another newer Prius. But for now, I will continue to drive this one until I can't afford to drive it.
2014 RAV had the RAV at the coast for 2 weeks the rear brakes developed rust so that a continuous low thumping was heard when applying the brakes. Dealer said it was a problem for them on the coast. Cost $140 to have them polish the rust off-after that no thumping. Probably cheap china part.
Bought new in 2004 & currently have 200K+ miles At 130K miles I replaced timing belt, water pump & flushed all fluids & rear braes(routine maintenance) replaced front brake rotors Had the radiator replaced under a recall I had the same issue as others in regards to premature tire wear which was remedied by upgrading the rear shocks to the ones used on the AWD van. I had to replace the main a/c relay ($35 from Amazon) This has been the most reliable & cost efficient vehicles that I've ever owned.
Bought my 95 from the original owner, I drove it for two years and sold it to my brother. He drove it for 2 years and sold it to his coworker. I just bought it back from him. Truck had 177k miles on it when he blew the engine. He put a new Toyota engine, new clutch, flywheel, radiator, water pump, hoses, belts, fluids, brakes.. Just like a new truck again. Happy to have it back and only paid 3k for it.
I have a 2008 Camry and will never own another. It is a piece of junk. Eats oil, eats gas, hesitation, brakes and rotors gone, mildew smell in heater/AC, AND THE WORST PART OF ALL - WAY TO MANY BLIND SPOTS WHEN DRIVING - I DO NOT FEEL SAFE IN THIS CAR..
Car only has 55000 miles and the alternator died!!!expensive repair!!!
I currently built and drive a 1991 DX 3SFE 5sp. Purchased as a beater to keep city miles off of my Cummins. I have had 1986 (SOHC is super reliable but lacks power), 1987, 1989, 1997, 1998, and 2010 Camry, with a 2004 in the family that I maintain. 1986 and 1987 were purchased new in the family and my 1986 lasted to 268K and the 1987 still runs with a broken speedo showing 232K. I wanted another 2nd gen because the build quality from Japan is far superior to what we have had this decade from Toyota. I am 3rd owner of this car, first owner took excellent care of her, 2nd owner was a college girl who probably didnt change the oil... ever. Bought with 142K, replaced all of the maint items (clutch, timing belt, seals, distributor shaft o-rings, ICV, ball joints, tie rods, brakes, struts (at a shop), full tune up and all gaskets) for around $3K. I even put new rubber on my old 15" Enkei RF-1s I bought in 2003 for a 1991 Celica that were in a relative's basement for years and they look like they were meant for this car. I put this time and effort into an older car because our 2010 3.5 SE (6th gen) was such a disappointment, I know the reliability of the 1st/2nd/4th gen Camry with the expectation this car will be tip top for at least another 100K, and I also wanted OBDI for maintenance reasons. It is running 28mpg in 80% city traffic, costs $25 to fill from fumes, and does well enough in the snow. Aside from a seat rail that is going to be handled very soon, I am pleased with my investment.
Just completed two years with the car. Have 20,000 miles on it now and no issues. MPG has been 30 on highway and 26 combined and 20 intown driving
I bought my 4.7 V8 4Runner new in 2007. This may be the best auto I've ever owned! The 4Runner belongs to a select few that is body-on-frame construction, giving you more control and rigidity in off-road conditions. At 78,000 miles I haven't had a single mechanical or electrical problem. Absolutely ZERO issues. There are no rattles or shakes, even when driving on rough terrain. The components are solid and still look quite new. Trans shifts all five gears seamlessly. The i-Force V8 is smooth but powerful. Performance in rain and snow is like no other. It remains solid, confident and willing. Lock the differential and go 4X4-low and you'll be able to have more fun. The down-hill-assist is a nice option for steep down hills. This SUV, built actually by Hino, may not be for everyone but its build quality and performance may impress. I am a very happy 4Runner owner!
i have owned my this truck for 3 years when i bought it it had 68,000miles now has 100,000. it is also lifted 6 inches with 35in tires, also has upgraded bumpers and sound system truck has been great nothing has gone wrong with the motor and i have put it through some rough times only thing i have ever had to replace was breaks, and installed new ranch struts which factory ones just didn't give a good enough ride with the lift.. over all would recommend this truck to anyone who's looking for a reliable and well build truck.