Reviews for GMC Envoy years:

GMC Envoy Reviews and Owner Comments

GMC EnvoyOwner Reviews (42 reviews)
    Visitor, Grant City, MO, August 16, 2014 11:46
    Love this vehicle. We purchased used with 32,000 miles. At 50,000 we had it back to our dealer for work, but do not recall what was repaired. 177, 000 miles now and still going. Have done most past warranty repairs in our shop, which required the purchase of some tools we did not have. At about 100,000 miles we replaced the throttle body assembly. At about 150,000 we replaced plugs and plug wires, and both front CV joints. The door panels and lower seat panels have plastic clips. Wish the clips were metal. On the drivers side, where use is heaviest these clips broke after about 50, 000 miles. We used JB Weld to do our own repair to the clips and have not had any problems since.
    Visitor, Lake City, FL, July 18, 2014 13:41
    I've had mine for six years and have loved it for six years. I drive it like i stole it and have not had any issues. However, i am now discovering that if you would like to save money by replacing parts yourself get ready to add several specialty tools to your toolbox. So far everything i have replaced has required a special tool.
    Visitor, Vandalia, IL, May 21, 2014 05:09
    This car is the worst problem I have ever had. I would never recommend this car to anyone. The car always has something wrong with it. They even know my car already when I go in the parts store. I think that speaks for itself. I completely understand normal maintenance but this car goes way beyond normal maintenance.
    geocat68, Youngstown, NY, October 13, 2013 14:11
    I have had problems with my envoy that the service center had no idea what was the problem. Paid money too have the electrical system checked and two days later my alternator checked out.....and they said it was good......be careful if your engine light comes on its a warning the alternator is checking out....beware spending money to have them nothing is wrong.....good luck....envoy owner....
    Visitor, Foxboro, MA, July 31, 2013 16:18
    My 2002 envoy needs a new gas tank also it has some fram rot which needs too be replaced I just found out due to its at the upper control arm .Does any one know how difficult it is to replace a gas tank ?
    Visitor, Jacksonville, FL, July 22, 2013 10:01
    One of the AC panel doors under the dash just started to make noise like it is trying to close. Is this a vacuum problem and how can I repair it
    naw, White River Junction, VT, June 02, 2013 10:05
    I bought my GMC envoy new in 2006 and now has 160k on it. it has had a couple ove minor problems like wheel bearings at 80k always by the timkin ones as they last longer.and the stablility control is intermitent but the problem with that is the stearing sensor not wheel sensors. yes abs wheel sensors are tied in with the stablity control system. other then that I will keep this car untill it wears out. I still does not burn oil . drive train is great it can hall my 30' camper with no issues.still the origanal exhaust. and no body isues as I live in the north east where they use salt on the roads. do Oil changes and lub on time with synthetic oil,and this car will last at least 10 years. and on trips I can get 25mpg out of the car.
    Visitor, West Haven, CT, January 17, 2013 08:15
    I have a Gmc and its great im selling for $500.00 the only thing thats wrong with it is the brakes just squeak i little the milage on the car is 367,875 if you want it just give me a call 203 589 1941
    Visitor, Neenah, WI, August 30, 2012 05:20
    At 124,000 miles and cool air intake system. Brakes a little spongy, but letting air out works!
    Visitor, Winston Salem, NC, June 04, 2012 13:07
    My 2002 GMC envoy has 320,000 miles and all I have done is change the alternater,starter and water pump. This vehicle is the best car I have ever owned. Its so nice not owning a Chrysler
    Visitor, Astoria, NY, April 18, 2012 09:48
    I have a 2006 envoy so far the fuel level sensor had to be replaced (32800 miles) cost me 527.00$ GMC dealer. 4000 miles later it failed again, replaced n/c. ( now they offer me half the cost ) Air cond. leaks (can't find). Rear hatch struts leaking, front struts leaking. The car has 41000 miles and I do not abuse it, always owned a chevy or GMC vehicle, going sell it before any thing else fails. WILL NOT BUY GMC AGAIN. They treat their loyal customers badly.
    Visitor, Oxford, WI, March 14, 2012 11:22
    I have always driven chevy's and now own a 2005 gmc envoy. I have never had any complaints before but this vehicle is nothing but problems. Now I have a problem with the fuel guage and I got a letter stating to get it fixed BUT they will only pay 50% of the repair AFTER I pay all of it. What is with this????? I like to support them but will reconsider with my next vehicle.
    Visitor, Lynn, AL, March 02, 2012 14:41
    I have had this car for 3 years the air conditioning blower went out paid 300 to fix left brake light keeps blowing now gas hand and half the lights on inside work.Going down the road the other night all lights went out.no GMC dealer wonts to help thay say we will have to pay for all work. My sister in law has a 2006 Envoy and its doing the same thing. Will never own a GMS again and when i wreack due to lights going out Gmc will here from my lawyer
  • 2007 GMC Envoy
    Visitor, Harvey, LA, March 02, 2012 12:57
    Cheap plastic interior parts. The clips on the panel for the electric seat control under the driver seat broke and the panel is just hanging. The door panel comes loose every time I close the door. Had to replace a Tie-rod at my expense. All this with only 21,000 miles. GM told me out of warranty, too bad. And this is the SLT model! Drive train OK so far.
    Lynnn, Fowler, KS, December 27, 2011 07:40
    I have a 2005 Envoy SLT. It has been a decent car. It burns a quart of oil every 500 miles. I have had it into various dealerships and they tell it is normal and they won't do anything until a part failure happens. It has been like this for 3 years. now it has a missfire code. All the dealerships tell me it is not electronic issue put a new motor in it. Well, we have narrowed it down to an exhaust leak in cylinder three. And we found were the oil was going. strait into the spark plugs. GMC would not help us with anything for 3 years. Now I have to rebuild the motor myself because they ignored our complaints and questions. I will not buy a GMC or chevy product again because there is no one there that will help you.
    Visitor, Stilwell, KS, December 17, 2011 08:19
    I purchased a new 2002 Envoy and I love this vehicle. I now have 134,000 miles on it and aside from one complete tire replacement at about 70,000 miles (new tires scheduled for spring 2012) and new brakes it has been hassle-free. I have my oil changed, tires balanced and rotated every 3,000 miles since purchase of Envoy. After my last oil change, the "service 4wd" message appeared. I rarely, even in winter, engage the 4wd and I question if this is a switch malfunction or if the techs who changed the oil could have inadvertently bumped something to cause the message to be displayed at this time. What does 4wd service involve and what is the cost?
    parsleyt, Washington Court House, OH, November 02, 2011 15:31
    Over 144,000 miles on this Envoy. Have replaced brakes, shocks and struts, tires (once O/E Michelins went over 124,000 miles, kept them rotated and at a constant 36 psi) Other than a few odds and ends has been a very good vehicle. Bought it new and planning on keeping it for a while.
    Visitor, Chico, CA, October 26, 2011 09:42
    2006 GMC ENVOY DENALI...LOVE THE LOOK OF THIS SUV! BUT SEEMS LIKE THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING THAT NEEDS TO BE WORKED ON! CHECK ENGINE LIGHT HAS BEEN COMING ON FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS! REPLACED THE 02 SENSORS WITH GENERIC BUT APPARENTLY IT WILL ONLY ACCEPT THE FACTORY ONES, THE WATER PUMP HAS BEEN REPLACED, LIGHTS, AND NOW THE STABILTRAC IS GOING BAD! ALWAYS SOMETHING! PAID ALOT OF $ FOR THIS VEHICLE! WILL BE SELLING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
    Visitor, Noblesville, IN, September 27, 2011 19:03
    I just passed 220,000 miles. Just now experiencing some idle issues .....couldn't have been blessed with a better car....
    Visitor, Haddon Township, NJ, August 08, 2011 14:42
    never again to buy any american vehicle,traded in my gmc envoy with a 2011 toyota venza
    Visitor, Bonaire, GA, May 10, 2011 11:04
    I absolutly love this truck, once I figured out how to bang the tell pipe without burning my junk, I was hooked!!!!! (Incase you have not figured out how yet) Step 1 Turn off ignition! Step 2 Allow Vehicle to cool for approx 2hrs (Depending on the year of the truck) Step 3 Grab poultry themamatore for drawer check temp Step 4 If temps are to high go back to step 2 if not proceed to step 5 Step 5 Put your favorite love making music in the CD player and bang away!!!! Enjoy!!!
    Visitor, Bend, OR, May 08, 2011 16:06
    i have envoy 2020 16000 and i love
    Visitor, Plainfield, IL, May 08, 2011 06:46
    This has been the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I've replaced all exterior lights at least twice. That's not even then biggest problem. I haven't been able to pass emissions testing! The check engine light came on, of course shortly before testing. I replaced the oxygen sensors in accordance with the codes. I also replaced a leaking fuel pump. The check engine light was back on in a day. No one can figure out what it is. This week we'll try checking the secondary air injection system since a friend with the same vehicle and same problems said this was the answer. Also, the car dies randomly. Thankfully it always starts again, but come on!! Sometimes the rpm's drop when I stop and then they surge and I'd better have my foot firmly on the brakes!! Again, I cannot emphasize enough what a horrible car this is. I will never own a GMC product again. Incidentally, I e-mailed GMC with my problem and was ignored.
    Visitor, Boulder Creek, CA, February 16, 2011 16:43
    I LOVE my Envoy! I bought it new and it now has 112,000 miles on it, and I have had zero troubles with it. It's had 2 head lights and 1 tail light changed out. Heating and AC are perfect, and it still has the original brakes (and I live in the mountains!) It has great get-up-and-go. It's comfortable and roomy inside. Not the best gas mileage, I average about 18MPG, which isn't so bad living in a mountain community! I just love it.~such a dependable vehicle!!
    Visitor, Laurel, MD, December 28, 2010 12:53
    MY 2003 BMC Envoy has 110,00 miles on it. I've followed the maintance schedule and have never had any major issues with it. A few years ago, I had to get a new transmission switch or so the dealer said and thats been it. Brake wear and tear has been normal. I have no complaints. I am getting ready to to the reccomended 100,000 mile routine maintance now. I am hoping she will last for another 3 years!
    BarryL7523, Tallahassee, FL, December 12, 2010 06:48
    Great car. 145,000 miles
    Visitor, Graham, TX, December 12, 2010 06:48
    one of the best vehcles that I have ever owned.
    Visitor, Clio, CA, December 12, 2010 06:48
    gmc needs to work on improving the outer look of the envoy other than that its all good
    Visitor, Springfield, MA, November 29, 2010 19:10
    This truck drives ok, but so many problems. The exhaust, cat converter, back up light housung, fuel gauge sensor, brakes (rotors), wheel bearing and stabiatrack. all befroe or around 4 years old. never again by a gmc procuct.
    brock6051, Canton, MA, November 16, 2010 14:29
    Basically, a good vehicle but not without it's problems. Mechanically the 2003 Envoy runs great. In 77,000 miles of driving I have had no engine problems at all. The Envoy is very hard on brakes, and I have had them done twice since new. I have also had electrical problems that occur during the winter that result in the car needing to be jump-started after it sits for more than a day when the temperature is lower than about 30'F. The Envoy's ball joints needed to be replaced at about 75,000 miles, which is early for a problem like that to occur. The Envoy rides well and is spacious and comfortable to drive. Fuel economy is poor at abuot 16MPG city. So far I can say that the 2003 Envoy is a good vehicle, but not great. If I can make it to 150,000 miles with no more serious problems, I'd give the Envoy an A, but for now it's a B-.
    Visitor, Canton, TX, August 15, 2010 19:41
    We purchased car brand new from dealer. Has been the best car purchase ever. Very dependable. Car was wrecked recently with 208k miles and we're sad to see it go. replaced cat converter at 160k miles and brakes at 120k miles. great suv.
    Visitor, Fort Worth, TX, August 11, 2010 22:07
    I love(d) my car. I have a 2002 envoy purchased brand new and is now having trouble. I've never once had to replace my brakes (fingers crossed). the only repairs I've had were fixing the A/C unit, replacing the water pump and now experiencing problems w/engine starting to rumble and lose power. Over all, I can't complain because it's been very good to me this long. With a little over 134,000 miles I guess something is bound to break eventually. Perhaps I'll look into the buying the GMC Arcadia.
    Visitor, Spring, TX, July 20, 2010 12:18
    sI one of most trouble-free car I had!!!
    Visitor, Winchester, KY, April 10, 2010 15:44
    2003 has 115,000 miles my door seals have came off, just replace front right wheel hub, very hard on brakes, gas is ok for a suv, when i role my windows down my headlights dem..parts for this veichale are exspensive love the spaceand how it looks but would not recommend this car
    emhixson, Houston, TX, March 05, 2010 20:39
    This has been one of the most trouble free vehicles we have ever owned. The I6 has good power and throttle response. The gas mileage is less than ideal, but hey its an SUV. The only thing that has gone wrong in 75,000 miles is the heater/AC fan switch quit working on some settings, and had to be replaced. The radio ate a CD back while it was under warrantee. GM replaced the radio free. So, over 75,000 miles I maybe spent about $100 above and beyond what is considered "normal maintenance". Not a bad value. I like the interior too. After 6 years, we want to keep it for 6 more!
  • 2007 GMC Envoy
    Forumpro, Montvale, NJ, January 26, 2010 07:23
    My Envoy is only a few years old (2007) but I have put 84,000 miles on it. I drive mostly on highways at higher speeds but in the east coast where the climate extremes vary from winter to summer. The vehichle has been a good one with little problems considering the high mileage I put on it. I had an issue with a local GM Dealer when my car went in for warranty work. They were dishonest and kept my car for over a week on a one day repair..."milking" GM's warranty. I will never go to this Rockland County GM Dealership again.....especially since the problem was never corrected 100%.
    familyguy, Fort Wayne, IN, December 17, 2009 18:38
    Great truck!
    apollo1, Country Club Hills, IL, October 21, 2009 06:54
    2006 Envoy just clipped 70k. Love this truck & will drive it as long as it last. Fuel gauge failed while under warranty. Just had to replace front right wheel bearing that was most likely from my driving. Two dealers had a price difference of $200, so I just ordered one online and replaced myself, easier than changing brakes and saved myself a bundle of cash. I love this truck. The one thing GM got right was there truck lineup.
    jisoldi, Centreville, VA, October 06, 2009 12:03
    Best highway car/truck I ever owned, great on long trips and holds road when semis whiz past. Small problems like leaky A/C (condensation) and mediocre gas mileage bring it down a notch or two.
    dpowers, Myrtle Beach, SC, August 12, 2009 13:57
    2003 Envoy XL SLE-Overall a great vehicle, Issues: seals on tailights leak & must replace taillights frequently, boot on front CV joint of front drive axle came loose, rear passenger window motor had to be replaced, front driver speaker works occasionally, rear passenger speaker failed, & annoying ticking noise from engine seems to originate from one of the drive pulleys on the serpentine belt baffles most repair shops it clicks for a few min. stops then starts again it is not the a/c compressor & doesn't matter if its on or off. pros-decent gas mileage for its size 7 weight routinely get 16 mpg city and 22-24 highway, smooth ride, good handling, quiet (tires are key), plenty of power, 1 set of brakes front & back so far. 90k miles hiping for 110k-160k more...
    rldazy, North Windham, CT, December 20, 2008 12:32
    I love my Envoy. The 30,000 mile tune up was a little expensive. Had to replace drums and break pads at 30,000. Thought that was to soon. The garage wanted 1000.00 to have them done. Had mechanic do side job. parts and labor less than 400.00
    Russ, Oakland, CA, November 03, 2008 14:48
    The smooth running V6 makes this SUV, and Lots of power. The ride is also good. Only a few minor problems. This truck just runs and runs.