GMC Envoy Reviews

GMC Envoy Reviews and Owner Comments

I have a 2003 GMC Envoy XL SLE purchased brand new. Parked in heated garage, 205,000 miles. Speedometer died at 101k miles tach died at 175k. GMC instrument cluster is ripe with problems so i removed it and had it rebuilt for $150. See youtube for repair shops and how to remove, the removal and installation of the cluster is so easy and took 10 minutes!. Dealer wanted $1,000 4 years ago. I should have done this three years ago, If you get it rebuilt do the complete cluster as eventually all of the gauges will die. Rear speakers have died and i think that is my next fix. I have replaced brakes myself that is so easy as well. New Disk and pads throw away the old and replace with Premium Parts do not use less then premium parts as the brakes will chatter and wear way too soon. The rear Glass tailgate hatch mechanism will fail, i need to learn how to replace that. Help on that would be appreciated. Replaced both the Wheel bearing and did Upper control arms and tie rod ends. that took a few days but i saved over $900. The Rear back up light reflectors will fail, fill with water and cause the socket to require replacement. That was a very easy project and reflector and socket cost less that $30 per side. Engine is 100% great Transmission is 100% great because i have the towing package with trans cooler. I have never towed but the cooler protects and enhances the life of the transmission. My wife and i love this car and lament the day we will have to say good bye. Maybe one of the kids will take it after college.
last night my wife noticed the battery light on and so i changed the battery checked the alternator which read 14.6 volts. This morning she took our soon to school went inside to drop son off came out and car started but gauges did not work. she made it home and when turned car off heard an electrical pop. Could this be the alternator?
I gave the heating and air conditioning rating a 3 due to number 5 doesn't work in my care but still 4 is ice cold. But lets get to the heart of the matter. I'm having a problem with my rear break lights on both sides the middle brake light above the hatch works I also have running lights and turn signals and reverse lights just no brake lights. I've replaced the rear circuit boards on both sides and checked all the fuses and checked the break switch under the dash by the pedal. I'm so stuck that I'm going to loose my mind if I can't figure this out. Please any body have this problem or know of any body that has. I so stressed out about it that i don't even want to really wait to find out on this site I'll do one even better I can be reached at 215-260-7986 my name is Mike please If the car GOD car hear my prayers don't hesitate to call. please and thank you.
Love this vehicle. We purchased used with 32,000 miles. At 50,000 we had it back to our dealer for work, but do not recall what was repaired. 177, 000 miles now and still going. Have done most past warranty repairs in our shop, which required the purchase of some tools we did not have. At about 100,000 miles we replaced the throttle body assembly. At about 150,000 we replaced plugs and plug wires, and both front CV joints. The door panels and lower seat panels have plastic clips. Wish the clips were metal. On the drivers side, where use is heaviest these clips broke after about 50, 000 miles. We used JB Weld to do our own repair to the clips and have not had any problems since.
I've had mine for six years and have loved it for six years. I drive it like i stole it and have not had any issues. However, i am now discovering that if you would like to save money by replacing parts yourself get ready to add several specialty tools to your toolbox. So far everything i have replaced has required a special tool.
This car is the worst problem I have ever had. I would never recommend this car to anyone. The car always has something wrong with it. They even know my car already when I go in the parts store. I think that speaks for itself. I completely understand normal maintenance but this car goes way beyond normal maintenance.
I have had problems with my envoy that the service center had no idea what was the problem. Paid money too have the electrical system checked and two days later my alternator checked out.....and they said it was good......be careful if your engine light comes on its a warning the alternator is checking out....beware spending money to have them nothing is wrong.....good luck....envoy owner....
My 2002 envoy needs a new gas tank also it has some fram rot which needs too be replaced I just found out due to its at the upper control arm .Does any one know how difficult it is to replace a gas tank ?
One of the AC panel doors under the dash just started to make noise like it is trying to close. Is this a vacuum problem and how can I repair it
I bought my GMC envoy new in 2006 and now has 160k on it. it has had a couple ove minor problems like wheel bearings at 80k always by the timkin ones as they last longer.and the stablility control is intermitent but the problem with that is the stearing sensor not wheel sensors. yes abs wheel sensors are tied in with the stablity control system. other then that I will keep this car untill it wears out. I still does not burn oil . drive train is great it can hall my 30' camper with no issues.still the origanal exhaust. and no body isues as I live in the north east where they use salt on the roads. do Oil changes and lub on time with synthetic oil,and this car will last at least 10 years. and on trips I can get 25mpg out of the car.
I have a Gmc and its great im selling for $500.00 the only thing thats wrong with it is the brakes just squeak i little the milage on the car is 367,875 if you want it just give me a call 203 589 1941
At 124,000 miles and cool air intake system. Brakes a little spongy, but letting air out works!
My 2002 GMC envoy has 320,000 miles and all I have done is change the alternater,starter and water pump. This vehicle is the best car I have ever owned. Its so nice not owning a Chrysler
I have a 2006 envoy so far the fuel level sensor had to be replaced (32800 miles) cost me 527.00$ GMC dealer. 4000 miles later it failed again, replaced n/c. ( now they offer me half the cost ) Air cond. leaks (can't find). Rear hatch struts leaking, front struts leaking. The car has 41000 miles and I do not abuse it, always owned a chevy or GMC vehicle, going sell it before any thing else fails. WILL NOT BUY GMC AGAIN. They treat their loyal customers badly.
I have always driven chevy's and now own a 2005 gmc envoy. I have never had any complaints before but this vehicle is nothing but problems. Now I have a problem with the fuel guage and I got a letter stating to get it fixed BUT they will only pay 50% of the repair AFTER I pay all of it. What is with this????? I like to support them but will reconsider with my next vehicle.
I have had this car for 3 years the air conditioning blower went out paid 300 to fix left brake light keeps blowing now gas hand and half the lights on inside work.Going down the road the other night all lights went out.no GMC dealer wonts to help thay say we will have to pay for all work. My sister in law has a 2006 Envoy and its doing the same thing. Will never own a GMS again and when i wreack due to lights going out Gmc will here from my lawyer
Cheap plastic interior parts. The clips on the panel for the electric seat control under the driver seat broke and the panel is just hanging. The door panel comes loose every time I close the door. Had to replace a Tie-rod at my expense. All this with only 21,000 miles. GM told me out of warranty, too bad. And this is the SLT model! Drive train OK so far.
I have a 2005 Envoy SLT. It has been a decent car. It burns a quart of oil every 500 miles. I have had it into various dealerships and they tell it is normal and they won't do anything until a part failure happens. It has been like this for 3 years. now it has a missfire code. All the dealerships tell me it is not electronic issue put a new motor in it. Well, we have narrowed it down to an exhaust leak in cylinder three. And we found were the oil was going. strait into the spark plugs. GMC would not help us with anything for 3 years. Now I have to rebuild the motor myself because they ignored our complaints and questions. I will not buy a GMC or chevy product again because there is no one there that will help you.
I purchased a new 2002 Envoy and I love this vehicle. I now have 134,000 miles on it and aside from one complete tire replacement at about 70,000 miles (new tires scheduled for spring 2012) and new brakes it has been hassle-free. I have my oil changed, tires balanced and rotated every 3,000 miles since purchase of Envoy. After my last oil change, the "service 4wd" message appeared. I rarely, even in winter, engage the 4wd and I question if this is a switch malfunction or if the techs who changed the oil could have inadvertently bumped something to cause the message to be displayed at this time. What does 4wd service involve and what is the cost?
Over 144,000 miles on this Envoy. Have replaced brakes, shocks and struts, tires (once O/E Michelins went over 124,000 miles, kept them rotated and at a constant 36 psi) Other than a few odds and ends has been a very good vehicle. Bought it new and planning on keeping it for a while.
2006 GMC ENVOY DENALI...LOVE THE LOOK OF THIS SUV! BUT SEEMS LIKE THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING THAT NEEDS TO BE WORKED ON! CHECK ENGINE LIGHT HAS BEEN COMING ON FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS! REPLACED THE 02 SENSORS WITH GENERIC BUT APPARENTLY IT WILL ONLY ACCEPT THE FACTORY ONES, THE WATER PUMP HAS BEEN REPLACED, LIGHTS, AND NOW THE STABILTRAC IS GOING BAD! ALWAYS SOMETHING! PAID ALOT OF $ FOR THIS VEHICLE! WILL BE SELLING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
I just passed 220,000 miles. Just now experiencing some idle issues .....couldn't have been blessed with a better car....
never again to buy any american vehicle,traded in my gmc envoy with a 2011 toyota venza
I absolutly love this truck, once I figured out how to bang the tell pipe without burning my junk, I was hooked!!!!! (Incase you have not figured out how yet) Step 1 Turn off ignition! Step 2 Allow Vehicle to cool for approx 2hrs (Depending on the year of the truck) Step 3 Grab poultry themamatore for drawer check temp Step 4 If temps are to high go back to step 2 if not proceed to step 5 Step 5 Put your favorite love making music in the CD player and bang away!!!! Enjoy!!!
i have envoy 2020 16000 and i love
This has been the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I've replaced all exterior lights at least twice. That's not even then biggest problem. I haven't been able to pass emissions testing! The check engine light came on, of course shortly before testing. I replaced the oxygen sensors in accordance with the codes. I also replaced a leaking fuel pump. The check engine light was back on in a day. No one can figure out what it is. This week we'll try checking the secondary air injection system since a friend with the same vehicle and same problems said this was the answer. Also, the car dies randomly. Thankfully it always starts again, but come on!! Sometimes the rpm's drop when I stop and then they surge and I'd better have my foot firmly on the brakes!! Again, I cannot emphasize enough what a horrible car this is. I will never own a GMC product again. Incidentally, I e-mailed GMC with my problem and was ignored.
I LOVE my Envoy! I bought it new and it now has 112,000 miles on it, and I have had zero troubles with it. It's had 2 head lights and 1 tail light changed out. Heating and AC are perfect, and it still has the original brakes (and I live in the mountains!) It has great get-up-and-go. It's comfortable and roomy inside. Not the best gas mileage, I average about 18MPG, which isn't so bad living in a mountain community! I just love it.~such a dependable vehicle!!
MY 2003 BMC Envoy has 110,00 miles on it. I've followed the maintance schedule and have never had any major issues with it. A few years ago, I had to get a new transmission switch or so the dealer said and thats been it. Brake wear and tear has been normal. I have no complaints. I am getting ready to to the reccomended 100,000 mile routine maintance now. I am hoping she will last for another 3 years!
Great car. 145,000 miles