Reviews for Oldsmobile Bravada years:

Oldsmobile Bravada Reviews and Owner Comments

Oldsmobile BravadaOwner Reviews (44 reviews)
    Visitor, Greer, SC, July 16, 2014 05:51
    ok so some guy writes anything after 1970 is a joke for gm well I find that hard to believe if you check out some of the cars in that era the 75 trans am for instants one of the most famous used in smokey and the bandit and do you thing the bandit would drive junk lol anyway back to my bravada I picked it up for 500 bucks and I love my car it had been sitting for about two years and my buddy told me if you can tow it home its yours so I said why tow it he said its got 2 year old gas in it and a flat tire and probally needed a new battery went over pumped the tire hooked up the jumper cables turned the key started right up haven't had a problem since and that has been about a year ago so don't me mad if you got a lemon gm is still the best in my eyes
    Visitor, Herriman, UT, April 08, 2014 11:33
    Hard to believe so many people hate the Bravada. I bought mine new in 2002 and have a little over 90000 miles on it. This car has been nearly perfect. The only things replaced outside regular oil changes, batteries and two full tire change outs has been new brakes pads and a headlight relay. Maybe I just lucked out and got one of the better ones but I'd like to think some of the bad ones listed in here are the exception rather than the rule.
    Visitor, Aberdeen, SD, January 14, 2014 08:20
    I purchased a 2000 Bravada in 2004 with 59000 miles on it. It has been very reliable and with the smart track gets through the snow great. I have never had engine problems but had to replace two motor mounts at 99000. The leather seats with heat are fantastic. I would trade up but Oldsmobile stopped making this model..to bad.
    Visitor, Horton, MI, January 04, 2014 16:17
    Car giving me nothing but problems starting, new battery distributor rotor sparkplugs cam sensor spider injector and still gives me problems with initial starting. I am at wits end feul pressure is good .this is the worst vehicle I've ever owned. I need help any ideas.
    Visitor, New Prague, MN, December 02, 2013 16:23
    anyone that says they have had no problems with an older GM product after 150000 is just lying. Wheel bearings, fuel pumps oil lines all are destine and engineered to fail. I've owned 3 GM vehicles and they all came unraveled anywhere from 80000 to 135000 miles. They love me at the parts store. I'm a slow learner, but I'll stick with what works.
  • 1998 Oldsmobile Bravada
    Visitor, Roebuck, SC, September 09, 2013 21:24
    373..000 and no issues just routine maintance hard to beat a gm product have driven it acroos country twice excellant ride will get in and go away no worries at all still hjave factory water pump ball joints radiator transmission never rebuilt universals still factory on have replaced wires plugs antifreeze and trans fluid and filter mine is proof of mobil1 products take care of it use quality fluids they last forever my brother has a 79 4 wheel drive chevy small block 350 all factory 4 speed truck with 428.000 no issues daily driver and yes he uses mobil1
    Visitor, Midland, TX, July 09, 2013 22:51
    hate ,hate,hate my bravado!!!! everytime I fix something, something else goes out. be it airbags,radiator,waterpump, batterys, now it is a/c. we do not like each other. worst vehicle I have ever owned!!!
    Visitor, Smithfield, VA, November 25, 2012 17:12
    I purchased a 2000 Olds Bravada new and have paid for it twice in repairs. Too many mechanical problems to list.
    tommy 214, Tarentum, PA, November 18, 2012 17:00
    need advice on replacing my cv drive axles (both) on my 1999 olds bravada or can anyone give me a free price on doing it by others?
    Visitor, Pacific, MO, September 11, 2012 16:55
    after three week security system made starting impossible,fixed that ,,now has a unknown electrical drain new battery is dead every morning absolute worst car ever bought will be parting it out as I couldn't live with myself to sell it to some unsuspecting person
    Visitor, Jeffersonville, IN, August 31, 2012 06:47
    I've owned my Bravada (2002) for the past six yrs and all i had to replace was the air bags with coil springs from (ARNOTTS) and a Starter. then the normal oil change,tune up,tires,. it was a used vehicle but im BLESSED to have made it this far with my baby i love this car and i wouldn't change it for nothing if i can keep repairing it i'll keep her going. (no more car payments for me LUVIN IT.
    Visitor, Eastport, ME, August 11, 2012 11:38
    Have a 2002 for 2 years now, really like it, works well and although a little hard on gas it has been a very reliable truck
    Visitor, Bellevue, NE, July 12, 2012 15:09
    I have a 2001 Bravada which runs great at high speeds but when at a stop it runs rough and the oil pressure drops to zero and check gae light comes on. At idle it acts like a plug is missing. Cap,wires,plugs have been changed. There is no knocking. not sure to change out the oil pressure sensor and the map sensor.Starting the car oil pressure is at 40 psi. IN a few minutes oil pressure drops and car runs rough.
    Visitor, Ponca City, OK, April 25, 2012 08:42
    I have a 2000 bravado with smart track. Its jerks as we go down the road.Mechanic said it was vacuum system,claimed they fixed it.Still jerks going down road had a friend scan it diagnosed e-vac system leak. Whats a person to do??? What does the e-vac system do. Also since mechanic "fixed" it my heater no longer blows hot air.
    Visitor, Dearborn, MI, February 21, 2012 09:47
    I have a 202 Oldsmobile Bravada for about 4 mouths now. I love it, it is in really good condition. I pump gas, change the oil, and drive, it is so smooth to drive. I wish they still make the bravavd's because i would have a 2012.
    Visitor, Waterbury, CT, January 21, 2012 12:23
    I just got the Oldsmobil Bravda about 3 1/2 months ago that was given thru Money Donation from Animale Lovers to Rose Hope Animal Refuge that is located in Waterbury that needed a new SUV to do all our earands for the Animals we save and now we have a problem with the Suspension and it is very exspenive , it is 2002, and I went back to the Dealer to get help there would not help not at all ,can any Any body help with that and we can not buy another SUV
  • 1997 Oldsmobile Bravada
    Ollypop, Wabasha, MN, January 13, 2012 12:52
    Had my 1997 Bravada for just over a month now. Loving it! Noticed red fluid deposit in my parking place, but only a little. Identified it as the Dexron fluid for the transmission. Did a cold 'reference' check which was fine, then a proper hot check, also fine. My mechanic looked at it and identified a seal between transmission and engine. Basically told me that as long as I checked and kept the fluid topped up, I should have no problems and would only be spending a few dollars a year on fluid instead of $1000 to repair/replace. He was rather annoyed that after inspecting it fully, he could not find anything wrong with it that he could charge me for. 14 years old. 136k miles. Averaging 18mpg overall. Happy as a pig in muck!
  • 2003 Oldsmobile Bravada
    Visitor, Akron, OH, November 28, 2011 11:30
    My 2002 Oldsmobile Bravada has been the most maintenance free car I've ever owned. In 2004 I was shopping around for a Chevy Trail Blazer and stumbbled up on the Bravada which must be "kin" (upper crust) to the Trail Blazer. I'm extremely happy that I did switch my preference to the Bravada because for the almost 10 years that I have owned it, I have loved owning it. I am however sorry that 2004 was the last year built (boo hoo hoo) as I would certainly purchase another Bravada without a second thought.
  • 1998 Oldsmobile Bravada
    Visitor, Grand Rapids, MI, November 26, 2011 16:26
    I Love my Bravada so much I have named her and my children and husband consider her part of the family. Though the fuel pump failed not to bad to repair. I neglected the humming noise and the jolt as I would start to drive. Sure enough due to my neglect the drive shaft (rear)ended up on the ground. Cant wait to get her fixed cant wait to get back on the road with good ole trusty.
    Visitor, West Chazy, NY, November 13, 2011 13:38
    bought this vehicle 2 months ago with 187,000 miles on it. I knew it was going to need some work. When we bought it it was getting about 16 mpg. With just doing a simple tune up I now get around 19mpg. Not bad for an AWD vehicle. replaced the tie rod ends and brakes over the last couple of weeks and I can't complain about anything. I LOVE this vehicle and so does my wife who is the one that drives it. I would absoulutely buy another one.
    Visitor, Tampa, FL, November 09, 2011 10:03
    Driver's door glass is out of channel. Having the Devil's own time disassembling inner panel for access. Great car otherwise.
    Rooster8, Fulton, NY, September 05, 2011 08:32
    Great vehicle. Bought it new.
  • 1994 Oldsmobile Bravada
    Visitor, Sidney, OH, April 13, 2011 21:16
    I have a 94 Bravada, they do require routine maintainence and heavy duty parts to stay in shape. When maintained properly as such, these vehicles will remain at a high performance level. I would suggest on the mile fluid changes, Iridium dual tipped bosch plugs, Bosch plug wires and distributor. I would say replace all major components such as fuel pump, starter, water pump, radiator, clutch fan assembly, battery, anything with a lifetime warranty will help. These parts are made better and have been tested further and are worth the money you will not have to spend later by doing so. A transmission rebuilt properly will outlast the original one. This vehicles response is excellent when these conditions are kept in order.
  • 1993 Oldsmobile Bravada
    CalNinja, Jackson, CA, March 06, 2011 00:34
    I like my Bravada, but any advise on why it takes off very slow and where I would be able to find digtal gauge would be helpful.
  • 1993 Oldsmobile Bravada
    Visitor, Jackson, CA, March 06, 2011 00:24
    I like my Bravada,it's quick reponse saved me and my family's life while driving from the east coast to the west coast in march 2010 when we got caught in a blizzard in Flagstaff Az, while the other suv's and cars where running off into ditches my 17 yr old Bravada kept on the road, The only problem I have with it is it takes off very slow and no one can seem to figure out it's problem is, I would think for a Vortec V6 200 hp vehicle it would have more power.
    oldsdriver84, Peru, NY, January 07, 2011 17:40
    Nice vehicle. Watch out for all wheel drive sticking...replaace rear differential fluid with "blue lube". Also keep eye on wheel bearings and ball joints.
  • 1994 Oldsmobile Bravada
    sk8ingnut1321, Valdosta, GA, December 16, 2010 14:20
    This car has caused me so many problems. I havent had the car six months and it has caught on fire, the transmission has become shot now, and the brakes have been gettin shreaded to pieces from the rotors... i have already replaced the rotors twice and the breaks three times..also the car is horrific on gas.. i also had my clutch fan just fall apart and smash my header and radiater, and alse crack my exhaust manifold..DO NOT OWN THIS CAR!!!IT ISNT WORTH IT!!!IM GETTIN RID OF IT ASAP. and gettin me a actual vehicle..cause this car belongs in the junk yard along with all other bravadas
    lost in lucedale, Lucedale, MS, October 06, 2010 13:23
    YEP HAVE ONE! ON MORNING ON WAY TO WORK THE WATER PUMP WENT OUT. LATER I REPLACED IT AND NOW THE THING WILL NOT START-UP OR TURN OVER TO START, ERPLACED EVERYTHING IT IS BAISICLY A NEW ENGIN. EVEN HAVE THE 35.00 MANULE, ANOTHER BAD BUY. OVER IT! O 1 WEK B4 I PAID 500.00 FOR NEW TIRES. ANYTHING MADE AFTER 1970 IS A JOKE FOR THE USA.
    Visitor, Garden City, KS, August 16, 2010 02:55
    man, what else can go wrong with this car th side mirrors suck and also i had to fix the transfer case already that was 1,000 bucks and now the differential is broke and i only have 3 yrs. with this car. uuugggg!!!
  • 2004 Oldsmobile Bravada
    alsnackman, Leominster, MA, August 13, 2010 19:22
    Five stars plus. Never owned a better all around vehicle.
    Visitor, Valley Park, MO, July 21, 2010 10:38
    Mine has 130,000+ on it now. Had to replace the ECM, did it myself in 10 min with a internet rebuild that cost $100. Dealer wanted $650 to do it. Front 4wd senser went out, dealer got $500 for that. Other than that its been tires and fluid changes. The electrical has a quirk or two (side mirrors adjust at random when using keyless entry, and occasionally front AC control won't work correctly) but it's nothing I would pay to fix. Gas mileage isn't super with AWD but it drives great in the snow and heavy rain, saved me from going in a ditch on the highway one time.
    Visitor, Belding, MI, July 05, 2010 12:48
    don't buy one, you'll regret it i do
    LisaBaby22, Detroit, MI, June 12, 2010 11:08
    I have owned this vehicle for over 6 years and it is one of the best cars that I have. The car has close to 205,000 miles on it and could possibly go to 300,000. The radiator was replaced in 2006, brakes in 2005, windshield in 2009. At the end of June 2010, I will have to replace the front wheel bearings because of a grinding noise when I drive at least 17 mph at 1.5 RPM. I know this will cost me a pretty penny, but, in all of my years of owning this vehicle this is the only major purchase. I would buy another one!
    Visitor, Ouray, CO, April 27, 2010 12:28
    MANY Problems w/brakes, power, fuel pump, transmission
  • 1997 Oldsmobile Bravada
    proofed, Auburn, WA, April 26, 2010 12:01
    I have been working on this nice looking and well appointed piece of junk for a year. Bought it used to tow boat and atrailer. Last summer, used once, wouldn't pull boat out of water running so poorly. Short of major overhaul, I have put fuel inj, elect repairs, emission crap at 50 bucks for a 25 cent piece of plastic. I love the looks, but its what is inside that counts. Beware, and get a gooood mechanic! Or like I do, I have a encyclopedia of stuff from the internet to fix things, most which were guesses. God, please help me pass the emission control...
    AFSarge, Greenville, OH, February 07, 2010 17:00
    I have owned my 1999 Bravada for a year now. Have had 94 and 97's also. Love the cars. Wish they still made them. Only problem I have found in mine is the heat does not have control other than the fan speed year round. It always puts out alot of heat. Economy is decent at around 16mpg city and up to 24mpg on a long trip.
    eersfan7778, Morgantown, WV, January 26, 2010 06:28
    The awd sticks when making a sharp turn. Does excellent in the snow!! A little noisy when on the interstate, had engine light come on and it said the engine coolant was running too cool? That could be a number of things. Overall pretty pleased w/ vehicle just wish it was a little less noisy and that the awd was a little smoother when having to make a sharp turn or pulling into or backing out of a parking space. Also noticed that sometimes the fuel gage can give you a false reading. You may have a half a tank when your done driving and get in the next morning to see you only have a quarter of a tank.
  • 2003 Oldsmobile Bravada
    JohnMc, Acton, MA, January 18, 2010 16:03
    GM Olds got it right with this SUV. Drives well, good fuel economy, powerful engine, great traction. Would have liked higher ground clearance for winter driving. Compared to my LR, this one has equal comfort and costs less to maintain (60% less). Too bad they don't exist any more. Problem with exhaust manifold bolts shearing off - cheap bolts from factory. Did GM save a 1$ per vehicle on that one? DUH. Gas tank can spring a leak due to rusting...recalled.
    sullyday, Dayton, OH, November 09, 2009 07:57
    All wheel drive computer shot (twice) comfort control computer shot ($500) passeneger side wheel hub out (twice). Transmission shot ($2,000). Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, it'seen a fine GM automobile.
    kangaroo7777, Las Vegas, NV, November 08, 2009 14:43
    I purchased this car from the General Manager of the dealership with 5,500 miles in august 2001. 6 months later the fuel pump was replaced and then the 3months after new trasmission. A little disappointed with the initial problems. I had a 70,000 7 year warranty and this was the only problems I had with the vehicle until recently - now at 95, 000 miles - just replaced the radiator, but live in the desert. recently I replaced the gas tank - another one of GM's faults, did not know the tank was a re-call the location os the tank rubbed on the body. Now I am replacing the upper/lowe ball joints and lower control arm bushings. Over all for over 90, 000 miles I would but another Bravada - This has all the features including leather and over the years it has been hard to find a car with the features included, most of the time you pay for the options.
    abigailrose, Grand Haven, MI, June 11, 2009 13:13
    Never again will I own another product made by GM! this car has cost me well into $8000 for repairs and that is AFTER the extended warranty paid for $5000. GM's brilliant idea to "kit" parts really sticks it to the consumer when it comes to repairs....you can't just by a simple $5 part to fix an issue...nooooo....it's a $300 encased "part" with a half of dozen things attached to it that have to be replaced all at once...and they wonder why they are going bankrupt. try building a reliable vehicle! To name a few of the major problems: transfer case issues wiper motor issues transmission issues and now some weird clunking happening when I accelerate and stop that actually makes the car shudder...god only knows what is going to fall of this thing now.. don't buy it...even if someone is going to give it to you for free.
    Serrano, East Stroudsburg, PA, March 24, 2009 06:19
    Nice strong vehicle but poorly made by GM...I can understand wheel bearing going out but ball joints??? Unacceptable
    farmer, Ironton, MO, November 07, 2008 08:28
    Have owned this vehicle for just over a year. Have replaced the mass air flow sensor (very expensive), have replaced the front passenger side hub, Twice, and the all wheel drive blows fuses, mechanic cant even figure that one out. Overall, i like the suv, but the frame is crooked and have spent alot of money on this vehicle. scale of 1-10 i would rate it a 7.
    KrazyCatLady, Mooers Forks, NY, September 19, 2008 13:23
    I love this SUV best vehicle i've owned in a long time