Reviews for Honda Accord years:

Honda Accord Reviews and Owner Comments

Honda AccordOwner Reviews (202 reviews)
    Visitor, Douglasville, GA, September 28, 2014 15:11
    I thought my brand new 2008 Honda accord would be my dream car but I was wrong. I too have problems with the rear brakes, air conditioner, a $700.00 repair to fix a sensor light but my biggest disappointment is the cheap interior console trim. At first it got stretchy then just tore apart. Dealer said it's normal wear and tear (??) and a letter and pictures to Honda's deaf ears....would I recommend a Honda...think not
    Visitor, East Longmeadow, MA, September 24, 2014 12:44
    I wish I never traded in my 2005 Honda accord that car was the best I own 2009 ho.da accord and it's terrible it goes threw oil like there's a frieking hole and the brakes went two times already now my car turn on then shuts right off going to shop tomorrow oh and the switcher went so even when my car is off the brake lights don't shut off and if you don't unplug the battery the battery dies its the worst car I have ever had and its my fourth but 3rd Honda I can't wIt to trade in
    Visitor, Evans, GA, August 09, 2014 09:42
    Bought 4 cylinder new. Within a few months a/c would only come out at my feet. Dealer had to rip out entire dash to replace a part that controls air flow. Repair worked but had minor side effects that diminished the new car feeling. Car now has 113K. Replaced front and rear brakes and rotors twice. The interior headliner is falling apart. Had to use screw in tacks to hold it up so I can see out the back window. No other major repairs but the transmission is starting to shake when shifting from 3 to 4 and from 4 to 5.
    Not LIke You, Kirkland, WA, July 20, 2014 10:29
    Bought new in 1996. I'm the only driver. Just turned 80K miles. Damn good car. Scheduled maintenance only, for the most part.
    Visitor, Riverside, CA, June 29, 2014 15:06
    You can solve the brake issue by purchasing cross drilled rotors and ceramic brake pads. Honda brakes run hot. Since replacing mine, I have not had a problem with warping rotors & haven't had to replace brake pads more often than regular wear & tear requires.
    Visitor, Grottoes, VA, May 27, 2014 23:20
    91 wagon. I love it. One of the most reliable vehicles I had. 300k miles and I take it every where. Replaced distributor in past year. Parts are plentiful if the problem arises. Super easy to maintain as well. Everything works.
    Visitor, Fullerton, CA, May 03, 2014 12:08
    Two issues: front and rear brake rotors are crap. I do a lot of mountain driving and the front rotors have warped several times. The rear rotors have cracked. I just installed drilled and slotted rotors on the rear and all is good. I had one issue with the car going into limp mode after returning from a trip to Vegas. Literally happened as I turned down my street. Pulled the code and it was the VTEC sensor. Common problem, $60 part at Honda. Easier to change than a spark plug. All is good. It does consume more oil than my prior Honda. 5 spd manual is fun to drive. Definitely would buy another, but I only have 100K miles on this one.
    Visitor, District Heights, MD, April 15, 2014 10:47
    I had a used 99 Civic for ten years. No major hiccups. I decided to upgrade into an 09 Accord EX, 4cyl in 2009. Initially there were problems with the car. Battery went dead, rear brakes were replaced, I think all before 8K. I am a road warrior, but I don't drive my car rough. The brakes are extremely noisy even after having new ones put on and running them through the wash to rid them of dust. They are just noisy. The wheels feel a little wobbly at times, especially in the rear. There is a grinding noise when I crank the car if it has been off for a long while, almost like a pan rattling underneath. This occurred just after 100K. I live in the Metro DC area so getting from point A to B could mean a MINIMUM of 30 one way. Now that I'm at 112K, the AC just STOPPED working. I noticed the two fans are not running in front of the engine. This NEVER happened with my Civic and she had 210K on her. I'm not very happy with this car even though I was happy with my Civic, which is why I stayed with Honda. Other minor issues, the rear brake light failed (never on my Civic), the interior lights ALWAYS go first (even in my Civic), I heard a loud snap when I pulled my visor down one day and now it doesn't press flush against the ceiling of the car. I've replaced the leather arm rest and now the arm rest in the door is splitting. (NEVER use ARMOR ALL leather wipes!!) I would guess that it damages the car's interior because it is NOT leather. The driver's window was acting up a bit, like it didn't want to go all the way up, but I'm not having any issues out of it. The lumbar support stopped working and I have intermittent back problems. I MAY get an Acura, but I'm sort of leaning toward a Lexus. I'm VERY disappointed with HONDA. I expected to have this car until about 2021...but no. She may get traded this year.
    Visitor, Fort Oglethorpe, GA, April 05, 2014 10:02
    I have a 2000 honda accord v6 72000 miles good car I love it
    Visitor, Minneapolis, MN, February 03, 2014 21:13
    I bought a high mile 1995 Accord EX in 2012 after an accident totaled my 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer. I was not financially prepared at the time to buy another car so I needed something very affordable and reliable to get me to work for a while. I knew this meant I would be looking for an older high mileage car. I found the Accord for sale by a private seller for $1200. The speedometer hadn't worked for some time (the only thing that didn't work), but he estimated the mileage was around 250k. The car had been meticulously maintained with records to prove it. I took it for a drive- it ran like a champ and I bought it on the spot. For the price I paid I couldn't be happier. The biggest downside for me was the car's appearance. I live in Minnesota, where years of winter road salt had rusted parts of the body pretty severely. Particularly over the rear wheel wells (a common area for rust on this car) and the bottoms of the doors. A year and a half later, after repairing the body rust damage myself, replacing the resonator (exhaust) pipe, and continuing to change the oil ahead of schedule- it's still running great and I am happily continuing to put off a car payment for as long as this car will keep on going. I am truly impressed with its reliability.
    Visitor, Prior Lake, MN, December 28, 2013 12:44
    The 2008 accord ex-l v6 is my third accord. Unfortunately this is my last as it is very clear that honda's dedication to building rock solid, trouble free cars has gone south in a big way. Brake issues, key issues (2 sets, same problem, stopped working, replaced batteries in both, one now works, the other does not). The VCM is horrible, engine runs rough, shifting his horrible, engine may be missing also. I have 60k on this vehicle. Honda is severely damaging their reputation, not only will I not buy another honda, the word of mouth advertising will be less than appreciated by Honda over time. I am looking to step it up a notch with my next purchase but Acura is now out as well. Too bad really, Honda used to rock, now they suck. Possibly new leadership, or maybe they've become so profit oriented that they've cut costs to join the ranks of manufacturers who deal in junk for maximum return. Screw that.
  • 2012 Honda Accord
    Visitor, Delran, NJ, October 12, 2013 07:33
    my 2012 Honda accord that had no problems on its last diagnostic test three months ago and now needed a rear wheel alignment with this service appointment. I am the only driver and had no unusual incident to caused an extraordinary condition
    Visitor, Santa Barbara, CA, August 19, 2013 22:50
    We bought a 2007 Honda Accord new with leather interior and 4 cylinder engine. We love the car most of the time until the brakes are applied. With only 17000 miles on the car, the brakes chatter so badly going down a long hill that the steering wheel vibrates violently and the whole car shakes enough to blur the instrument panel. The car will stop fine, but my wife's knuckles are white for a long time after that downhill run! The only other minor problem is that our old 1988 Toyota Camry's seats were a lot more comfortable on long trips. Despite these problems we still love our Honda, most of the time.
    Visitor, El Paso, TX, August 14, 2013 15:40
    Been driving my 2007-Honda Accord EX for 6 years now. No major repairs :) Keep up with the required service maintenance and it will last you a long time. It has 153,000 miles and running great ! Next car.... of course... A HONDA! :)
    b-1, Whittier, CA, July 28, 2013 10:07
    2004 accord ex v6 rebuilt trans twice changed power steering hose then had a recall 2013 replace power steering pump twice.
    No_2_honda, Diamond Bar, CA, June 26, 2013 13:25
    The power door locks lock and unlock themselves constantly while I'm driving. This happened originally at 36,500, now all door are dead at 46,000. Dealer service are very bad at Diamond Honda. If you want to buy Honda, please review this over. I plan my other car can be any but not Honda.
    Visitor, Norfolk, VA, June 21, 2013 11:43
    Bought my 07 EX-L new in 2006. 108,000 and engine light just came on today. Never any major problems. Only regular oil changes when indicator shows less than 5% (every 5-6,000 mi). Best advice if you don't like the road noise or bumpiness: buy the tires designed for the car (EX & above). They're sports car tires ($1000/set @ costco, but I've only bought 2 at a time, no rotating). FD seat heater went out around 35K, my fault, and short circuited some interior lights. All minor repairs done w/ help from online videos. Just saving to buy another one before expensive problems start. Really solid car. Rides better than a luxury car.
    Visitor, Garden City, NY, June 20, 2013 09:48
    I have owned at least ten Honda's and this one fares worse than an old Chrysler I had. The condenser on the air conditioning went, I had to repair a freon leak 2 years ago. I have needed three remotes, the gasket around the driver side door keeps falling off, I have gone through 2 sets of brakes and I only have 50,000 ,miles. The gas mileage is awful. The leather is wearing and I am very gentle with my things. A sensor went on the engine. In the past week I had almost $2000 repair bill at the dealership.
    Visitor, Fort Smith, AR, June 11, 2013 10:57
    I will never buy a honda. I have a 2005 honda accord 2010- rebuilt motor @ 75,000 miles 2012- rebuilt transmission- less than 100,00 miles 2013-Just put in a door lock actuators 137,000 miles
    Visitor, Lake Havasu City, AZ, June 08, 2013 15:53
    This is my first Honda Accord and I have had great experience with it. I have over 130,000 miles and have not had to replace much expect for general wear and tear. Like other reviews I did have premature wearing of the brakes which were repaired by a honda dealership who did a horrible job. I later had them repaired by a local auto repair shop, and they did fabulous work. My ac does run a little slow, and could be better but overall I am very pleased by the reliability of this car, and plan to purchase another honda accord.
    Visitor, East Setauket, NY, May 23, 2013 13:39
    2008 Honda accord the worst car I ever drove. I will never buy Honda Accord in my life..
    Visitor, Mountain City, TN, May 07, 2013 20:15
    Ihave a honda accord v6, five months now it has used six qt of oil Iwill never owne Another HONDA
    Visitor, Raleigh, NC, April 05, 2013 10:46
    Just purchased a 1990 Accord LX coupe with 58k miles. I've had Hondas in the past and find the 1990-93 the best model ever built. Have a small water leak coming from the driver's side automatic seat belt track area. Anyone looking for a GREAT used car, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND a 1990-93 Accord.
    Visitor, Syracuse, NY, March 24, 2013 16:32
    horrible, horrible brakes, particularly the rear pads, caliper design. front brakes a bit better, but much worse than what i expected from honda. had rear rotors and pads replaced before it reached 25k miles. dealership tried to tell me it was due to driving in the snow and salt....i almost died laughing, eventually had honda replace them, but ran into problems again within 15, miles. rear defroster is anemic, barely strong enough to take care of fogging, cannot handle ice or frost. OEM battery a joke, finally replaced with non OEM. seat heater buttons are placed poorly and there are two setting, not warm enough and burn my ass off hot. sunroof controls should be placed on roof rather than hidden on dash near driver window. other than that, it's a great car.
    Visitor, San Jose, CA, February 23, 2013 15:59
    I am currently driving CIVIC that I was loaned when my 2009 Accord engine light started flashing 120 miles from home. Since purchased new, Honda has replaced the battery, the rear brakes(and they didn't tell me there was a recall) and spark plugs twice. I was told the second time that if the plugs went again, I would need a new engine. I am home and my car is 120 miles away. They say they are going to charge for the loaner but I plan to argue. They also implied that I would have to pay for the machining that was done by a machine shop. I have no idea what they are actually doing to the car and when I have to drive 120 miles to get it. They have had it for 1 week today!
    Visitor, Fort Worth, TX, January 30, 2013 14:23
    I have a 2004 Honda. I am the only driver and take very good care of my car and always have routine main. done on it. The bushings are worn and torn right now. Only 102,000 miles on it. Their is a problem right now with the axle maybe. It is in the shop now. Told by another shop Honda is notorious for problems on the car that wear your tires out. I have been told their is a problem. The doors lock on me at times without notice and have read their were transmission problems on the 2004. The Honda dealer prices are way up there and there should be a recall on the bushings and the axle if it is indeed a problem now. Don't think I will buy another Honda. I am furious that this car has these problems when it is suppose to be such a good car and I have taken such good care of it.
    Visitor, Jasper, AL, December 09, 2012 06:40
    I have replaced a oxygen cecsor,brakes not too often.Sometimes I get cool air coming from the right side and warm from the left.I have had something wrong like it may be the tort in transmission.My car shakes at about 40 miles an hour.Honda want change the transmission fluid,they says it may not drive after.No one can really say what is wrong.It gets good gas mileage.I am pleased with it other wise.My right seat belt is off don't know what is wrong.
    Visitor, Fort Walton Beach, FL, December 03, 2012 10:16
    Comfy and Dependable! Bought it in '94 from my in-laws. Original paint didn't last very long, repainted it twice at local paint shop for less than $500 (those jobs last ~8 years). Over the years had most common problems: AT computer died $200, camshaft seal oil leak $450, A/C condenser cracked $400, radiator cracked $250, ignition switch quit $100, "igniter" $75, CV joints $250, plus a few other nit-noids. Original exhaust. Put synthetic oil in it for the first time and it started leaking oil which it never did before (right on the exhaust pipe!) Have 220,000 miles, daily driver, left me stranded twice in 18 years. Average about $250/year repairs and maintenance (mostly done myself). Need to switch back to dino oil.
    Visitor, Riverside, CA, October 10, 2012 08:36
    my accord has 215000 on it, so far ive put $400 into it that consisted of a tune up and new battery. im on my third set of tires. the only other maint. ive done is brakes and oil changes.
    Visitor, Saint Paul, MN, August 15, 2012 07:09
    My I-4 SE 4 door with a manual transmission has almost been flawless. I really do not understand why people complain about rear window motor noise, as I rarely open the rear windows. I am approaching 125,000 miles and have the original brakes and rotors on the rear wheels. In 36,000 miles of owning the car, I have replaced a right rear wheel bearing, and had Honda do the valve adjustment. My only gripes with the car is that I wish it was an EX and I do not like how the A/C makes a clunking sound when I turn it on. I believe this may be the next problem with the car. Buy hey, the A/C pumps out freezing cold air on 100 degree MN days.
    Visitor, Westover, MD, August 05, 2012 09:54
    Bought new and now has 330,000 miles just put 80,000 mile tires on it. Super car rides smooth and great on gas. Plan to keep till the wheels fall off.
    Visitor, San Anselmo, CA, August 02, 2012 00:50
    First off, my drivers side (manual)door lock failed to open with key' I feared someone might have tried to break in. Now my passenger side fails to open with key. LOcksmiths and autobody shops say its common on Hondas and quote $300.00 each to repair. Front brakes gradually exhibited rotor problems. Now my starter motor (which requires alot of labor ) had to be replaced, along with my less than two year battery at a cost of $650.00. My extended warranty just ran out and I got a notice to bring it in on a transmision safety recall.
    Visitor, Dover, OH, July 14, 2012 12:48
    Rear brakes replaced at 24,000mi. Local dealer replaced on warranty as unusual wear. Door arm rest has bubbles in the finish and leather seats are showing unusual amount of wear. Of course the third brake light rattle has been fixed twice now. Awaiting power steering pump to be replaced due to hard steering at slow maneuvering speeds into parking slots. Parts on order. 69,000 miles now on this V-6 EX-L 2008 Accord. Replacement for a 1999 Accord with 127M that never had any problems. Quality is really slipping.
    Visitor, Evanston, IL, July 12, 2012 21:48
    Purchased my 2002 Accord Coupe EX in 2005 at 34,600 miles. Since then, the major purchases I have made have been as follows: 2007 new front and rear brake pads, 2007 new transmission (@77K Miles - covered under powertrain warranty), 2008 new ball joints, 2009 new transmission ($89K Miles - covered under replacement transmission warranty! phew! here i think the dealer may have tried something dirty to sell me a new Honda, but they didn't check the service records to find that I had a warranty, so the guy who authorized this got fired, is my guess), 2009 new front and rear brakes with rotors, 2009 new rear wheel casing, 2010 new timing belt, water pump @105K miles, 2012 new front and rear brake pads. 2012 now the muffler needs replacing..after 7 years of ownership and 11 years of total driving and @162K miles! :) Air Conditioning, Shockups, Cabin Upholstery, Front Windshield, Body Paint are all original and in excellent shape still. With 26-27 mpg (75% highway miles) I am very pleased with the efficiency too. All in all, I'm very satisfied with my 2002 Accord and would love to step up to a Hybrid or high fuel efficiency car, and hopefully stick with a Honda.
    jazzmaniac08, Warren, MI, June 23, 2012 22:43
    I got a 1994 Honda Accord 2nd hand from a relative. I've been driving it five months. It is the manual model. The good thing about this car is that most of the repairs so far have been minor. All in all, it has been a terrific car, except for three serious issues/ quirks: There is something wrong with the ignition system. This means that sometimes I have to hot wire the car in order for it to start. One mechanic evaluated it to be an "electrical problem". I have no idea what could be the problem with it. The second thing is that sometimes when it rains heavy, the inside of the cabin will leak. It's always from just underneath the visor right where the roof of the car and the windshield meet. I dread rainy days because I always arrive with a puddle in my lap. The last problem is recent and I'm certain it will be costly. This is my first manual transmission. While learning to drive this car, I have stalled, ground gears and driven while hot. (With a day or two of assistance from a friend and some Youtube videos, I had to teach myself had to drive this car). Until about last week it had never given me a problem, but now acclerating has been groggy and just... rubbish. It wants to stay at 55 and resists going any faster. All in all, for 300 bucks, it's been fantastic I have driven quite far in it and I intend to drive much farther. Stay up on your maitenence and it'll run.
    Visitor, Belleville, NJ, May 15, 2012 17:21
    I received my 1992 Honda Accord LX from my best friend like my brother sister.I received it for free,it has glue to repair the left mirror no dents and 187,000 miles on it.I put a new battery in it and got a full tune up on it in January 2012.It's May and the only problem i had with it was the alternator, and the catalytic converter just came off today.I love this car and I'm a keep going with it.It just passed the state inspection with flying colors.
    Visitor, Northfield, OH, April 25, 2012 09:45
    My 2002 Honda Accord EX is in the shop with warped rotors again! $495 to resurface. Honda Dealership replaced all four rotors 20,000 miles ago (August, 2012). They tell me the warranty is 12 months OR 12,000 miles so too bad for me. They always tell me too much rust - car is garaged when not driven. Yes, I do drive a lot. Original owner with 189,000 miles on car. I have never had a car where I have replaced so many brake pads and rotors. I am 60 and have not changed how I drive - so I think there is a design or material issue. May have to sell before 200,000 miles - not going to pay for another timing belt - way too expensive for value of car.
    Visitor, Dayton, OH, February 23, 2012 11:07
    Someone please tell me why I had to replace the... clutch - pressure plate - throw-out bearing - resurface the fly-wheel on a LX-P model at 51,000 miles? Dealer and or "Honda" will not cover under warrenty. I had a 2001 Ford & 1995 Ford each with over 150 to 160 THOUSAND miles on them...... never had the clutch go out/needed to be replaced?
    Visitor, Adel, IA, February 14, 2012 08:13
    The cost of owning and repairing my Accord is considerably more than any of my preceeding 8 Ford cars that I've owned. For those who swear by Honda, ask them how much they spend on "required/periodic maintenance" and you'll be shocked. Quality of the interior, exterior body, electrical systems, and AC are much lower than anything else I've owned. I'm not saying it's a piece of junk, but it isn't build as well as Ford cars (since the early 1990's). If I spent 1/2 as much on maintaining my Ford cars as I have on my Honda, the Fords would probably keep running past 500,000 miles. Save your money and don't throw it at a Honda.
    Visitor, Los Angeles, CA, February 11, 2012 11:49
    Crashed on the freeway, man-- this car saved my life. Nothing all too bad to the car, fixable. But, cost-let's not discuss onto that. Overall always great with me. I will ONLY love this Honda.
  • 2011 Honda Accord
    Visitor, Louisville, KY, January 22, 2012 12:28
    I purchased a new 2011 Accord EX-L 4 cyl and after 6 months I noticed a severe shimmy while driving on hwy. I took the car back to the dealer 5 times since then and they did several tire balancing each time but they were not able to resolve the problem. Now after driving for 6 months with the shimmy they claim this is "normal" for the model/engine that I have. The tires on this model a pretty good Michelin Pilot but the dealer is refusing now to even look at the car claiming nothing is wrong. If this is the Honda quality I would gladly go back to my old Nissan which did not have such issues. This is my first Honda and my last for sure.
    cmsmit05, Royal Oak, MI, November 14, 2011 22:32
    129k. Could have bought a brand new Accord after totalling up the cost of all the repairs. Had a 1989 Civic, too, that only made it to 100K, despite being well-maintained. Towards the end of it's life, the Accord developed a rear engine seal leak, that I deemed too costly to repair considering how much the car had already cost me. Brakes, battery, tires, radiator, axles, ball joints...Very disappointed. Why didn't either of my Honda's last like everyone else's? I have managed to make my other cars last. Then again, my husband's Cavalier sure has had it's share of issues. On the positive, neither Honda's ever left me broke down and stranded, I always made it into the repair shop parking lot even if just barely, lol.
    Visitor, Conway, AR, November 10, 2011 21:02
    LX 4cyl - 198,000 miles. Overall good car. Same minor issues as others: rear window motor noise, brake rotor shimmy.
    Visitor, Bowie, MD, November 07, 2011 18:13
    I'm the current owner of a 2009 Honda EX 4 cyl. Accord. After hearing about the rear brake commotion, I had a Honda dealer (Honda of Bowie) check their conditions at 20k and was told it would last me till 34k miles...had to have them replaced at 28k. Even more frustrating is that they're using the settlement as an excuse for owners to pay for some of the repairs ($50 of the $200) when it should be covered 100% by the 3yr bumper to bumper warranty. During the brake replacement, I had my vehicle's software updated for excessive oil consumption (oil burn?) issue which ironically gave my vehicle the issue they were trying to fix as this wasn't an issue before. Like clock work, I was replacing my oil every 8.3k miles. Now at 32.4k (last changed at 24.9k), my engine was nearly depleted of engine oil...I was lucky enough to notice the very brief indicators and check the oil levels at the right time. The low oil pressure indicator wasn't even reliable as it only flickered on a couple of times for a split second. With potential to damage to the heart of the vehical (the engine), this is another critical problem to go back to the drawing board. Another noticeable issue is that the engine sometimes "lags" meaning it takes it about 2 seconds to accelerate the vehicle at all after depressing the acceleration pad. In heavy traffic when trying to get past an intersection, this can be a fatal discovery. Interior, electrical/lights, heating/cooling, and suspension/steering are about class averages with no issues yet. A better design would be to go for a six speed transmission instead of five. I can't speak much to the emissions as I haven't had to get this tested yet.
    Visitor, West Chester, OH, October 14, 2011 02:21
    2k Accord EX V6 with 105K. Overall a good car. Replaced the Delco alternator with a Bosch unit at 50K miles. SRS light comes on continuously - can be reset - some have fixed with a seat belt buckle change. AC expansion valve replaced. Various front / rear lights & interior lights have gone out including the clock. Odometer LCD intermittent / unreadable when cold. Engine idles rough & hesitates intermittently. Repainted car at 100K due to "acid rain" etching. 4-5 times the Auto trans has gone haywire (wont up / down shift for a few seconds under hard accel).
    Visitor, Omaha, NE, October 09, 2011 18:20
    I bought this car new and I have over 250,000 miles on it. It has been the best car we have ever had. I can't bring myself to part with it. I know I will need to someday, but I hear so many bad reviews on all the newer models. I have replaced the timing belt, ignition switch, tires replaced 3 times. Brakes replaced 3 times. It runs better than my daughters Audi and her previous luxury cars. It only has one problem. It shimmys when I press on the brake. But it doesn't do it in cold weather.
    Visitor, Modesto, CA, September 30, 2011 09:45
    Accord Ex four door 4cyl, the airbag lights keep coming on once in a while after you start then stays on. Don't know when it turn itself off. Happens 4-5 times a month. And the engine light keep come on every few months after you shut it down or after it has been mantainced. Second thing issue, the bottom on the gear shift where you pust the bottom in, in order to shift to reverse or drive, it won't push in after you start the car. Either you keep onturning off and restart to try to make it work or keep on pumping the break and let it go to see if you can push the bottom in to shift the gear. Find these two options works or push the bottom next to the shift gear down to shift the gear to neutral and then start the car in order shift the stick. Really suck this car. The front bumper falls off easily due to the cheap bumper was put on the car after few grinds on the cement during parking. All the connection between the bumper to the car where so cheap. I have to screw new screws on new place places to make it tight to hold. The electric window always fail, either the left or the right. Mine is the right. Seen the motor too week to open and close the window.
    Visitor, Kennesaw, GA, September 19, 2011 21:37
    Bought car new in July 07 and now at 47K miles. I do basic maintenance using Honda parts and oil saving dealer labor cost. Brakes are typical Honda junk and replaced rotors and pads here at 47K (160.00 versus 600.00 at dealer). I will agree on lots of blogs on Honda rotors being absolute junk (both OEM and replacement). I am surprised the shaking didn't loosen the screws that hold the rotors to the hub. Will let dealer do trans service and major tuneups. Let dealer perform trans recall software update today, 9/19/11. There have been no problems with transmission I might add. Overall, car is excellent as I enjoy doing the basic maintenance and brake work myself. Great on gas (27/36) and as long as car is driven as designed, no problems. Keeping car serviced is key. I will buy an Accord next go around.
    Visitor, Austin, TX, September 18, 2011 13:30
    I absolutely HATE THIS CAR!! it has been nothing but repair after repair! Had to replace brakes at $25000 at my cost only reimbursed partial. Then Honda put in wrong brakes so I need to do it again! Now air conditioner/blower went out has never worked right in first place. Leather is of poor quality!!! Very disappointed!
    Visitor, Bluejacket, OK, September 05, 2011 10:53
    2009 Accord EX 38,000 I have not had an issue with brakes but did receive a recall notice in the mail. But... I have the tan leather package and the front drivers seat leather cracked and has been replaced by the dealer but the replacement is also cracking after less than 18 months. The driver side door arm rest/handle "leather type material" also also torn. The console "leather type material" looks like it is getting ready to tear and seems to be wearing thin. Seems to be a common trait on other forums Of course it is out of warranty. So now I have a 2 1/2 year old car with tan duct tape on the door handle. If it was 10 years old I could give some consideration but only 2 1/2 years?
    Visitor, Wooster, OH, September 02, 2011 10:54
    1998 Honda has been a great car! My third accord, the only real complaint is paint issue had peeling of clear coat. I did a repaint and is going strong. Plan on driving for quite awhile
    jfjoel1, Jericho, NY, August 30, 2011 06:02
    2004 Accord radio comes on by itself....the car is off....radio is turned off...... i have had to replace the battery........ even my local mechanic can't figure this one out no electrial problems otherwise
    Visitor, Livingston, CA, August 30, 2011 03:17
    has a red light on, in dash looks like a man with the seatbelt on and looks like an airbag in front of him, what does it mean ?
    moparbob498, Homer City, PA, August 25, 2011 06:46
    by the way--i forgot to mention about the--honda-nissan-toyota-subaru thing,..they come in for..oil & filter change...rotate tires... and a..umm..america has really dropped the ball with the auto industry..if Japan can build cars like that,.we sure as hell oughta be able to build them better-were America for God's sake-- anyhow--well i have to re-write quite a bit,.(my story disappeared) #1-bought a new-2001 Accord EX-2.3L-..-5-speed (for wife)..it has over 156,389 miles--had the 7 year + 100,00 mile warranty,.onlt thing needed replaced was a right front wheel bearing (natural wear item & they stood behind it-Thank you Honda Finance)-whom helped me be able to purchase that car--#2-1999 Accord EX-3.0L- Auto tranz..196,456 miles-(bought for son)-minimal routine maintain...Love the car #3-1998 Accord EX-3.0L-Auto tranz 198,440 miles (got for my daughter)--i also have owned-3 Acura integras (2 of which i still have) and 3 Honda Preludes--sold them--but Loved them all.. NEVER left me stranded--and Accord #1 made multiple trips to Florida for vacation--with 2 kids packed in back & all our luggage--& if it wasn't for that Accord saving me thousands of $$--i wouldn't have had any vacations---just like with any car--its all in how it was treated since it left the dealer ship--dont say Honda Accords Suck and for the record im a Mopar nut 1964-1974--Mopar years..and one more thing im also a ASE Certified Mechanic--+ inspection license and Emission inspection license...so i've had my hands in just about every car out there--Gimmie a Honda any day & im a happy camper---remember people--maintain your car & it'll treat you like you treat it--thats all i have to say--sorry so long winded,.but the complaint crap just kills me---NOOBS & NOT KNOWING... Bob Fedder
    Visitor, Oak Brook, IL, August 17, 2011 05:54
    Overall, we enjoy the car. We had the rear brakes replaced due to the premature wear. Most recently, with minimal use, only 30K miles, garage storage day and night, the front leather tan seats started deteriorating. This is clearly a problem not due to normal wear.
    Visitor, Pompano Beach, FL, August 09, 2011 12:21
    this car is a good car I have replaced ,starter,speedsensor an I still have to change door lock actuater an srs need to up graded other than that the car still runs grate.
    Visitor, Hilliard, FL, August 08, 2011 13:25
    This car SUCKS im on my second transmission and my second flex plate and the flex plate just went out again timing belt is trying to go out this car has been nothing but promblems for me ever since i bought it for 500 the worse money that i have ever spent in my life never again will i drive a honda
    Visitor, Hopkins, SC, July 22, 2011 14:07
    I love my 1992 Honda. I'll never get rid of it until it dies on me.
    Visitor, Saint George, UT, July 19, 2011 23:32
    This is my fifth and LAST Honda. The XM radio repeatedly cut out for the first year and a half of ownership. Honda was aware of the problem and was "working on it" according to the Honda representatives I spoke with on numerous occasions. Finally got the new XM unit in time for my rear brakes to go out with less than 20,000 miles. Honda insisted there was nothing wrong and refused to repair them until the class action lawsuit forced them to pay $170 of my $240 repair. When I expressed my displeasure about having to pay for repair of obviously faulty brakes and that this would be my last Honda, the Honda representative told me she would not note that in my file otherwise Honda would not help me at all! My rear deck spoiler rattled loudly, and was the subject of a service bulletin and two more trips to the dealer for repair. My air conditioner, which never worked very well now does not work at all and I was told that it would not be covered under my warranty. I read on-line that hundreds (if not thousands) of Honda Accord owners have the same problem...a faulty design that allows road debris to damage the condenser. The dealer wants $1000 to repair it and says that it will likely happen again! What has happened to Honda quality and service? I'm trading mine in and am going to give the American car companies a try. I have a 2004 Yukon with 130,000 trouble free miles on it. And I might add, I have pulled trailers through mountain passes at freeway speeds and still did not have to replace my brakes until over 100,000 miles! My advice is to not buy this car based on the likelihood of air conditioner condenser repair alone. Too bad, because I like the 6 cylinder engine and the looks of the car.
    Visitor, Richmond Hill, GA, July 19, 2011 12:06
    Another piece of junk from japan
    Visitor, Hialeah, FL, July 15, 2011 10:37
    I purchased my 2004 accord new, it has 72,000 miles and I just did My 2nd Trans Oil change. I've changed the brakes twice & I change my oil every 3k miles. Drives like new. LOVE this car!!!!
    Visitor, Olive Branch, MS, July 13, 2011 05:01
    Overall the car is not too bad, but with the oil usage poor brakes, suspension noise after taking it to the dealer twice while it was still covered under warranty and of course they couldn't hear it. I wouldn't buy another 08. I was pleased with some of the earlier years. The quality has gone down big time.
    Visitor, Redding, CA, July 05, 2011 08:40
    My 1996 Accord V6 has been in the family since brand new. Grandpa bought it off the lot and used it as the 'billy goat' vehicle to get up and down the mountains on logging roads. It lived at 8,000 ft elevation and in below 0 temperatures in the winter. I got it when it had 130k on it, when I was 17. I drove it like a teenager, fast starts and stops on traffic lights. I took it on many, many long road trips. All routine maintainence was done AT HOME, as I can't trust most mechanics these days. I replaced the O2 sensors at 140k miles, and the CV boots at 160k miles. I drove it on a 7000 mile road trip across country, and it rolled to 200k miles on that. She NEVER broke down on me. I drove all over the hills, along rough dirt raods, we have explored most of California together, I treated that car like a truck, with no problems. However, the shifting became a little rough, and she would down shift unnecissarily going up slight grades. At 207k miles, during a engine and trans oil change at home, my dad noticed an increasing amount of metal shavings on the magnet plug in the trans. On my way home from a road trip, my tansmission failed. The poor thing doesn't know park from reverse or nuetral. However, I love my Honda Accord, she has served me so very well and has NEVER broken down but now, after 208k miles, with a failed transmission, and I am rebuilding it to continue going strong. The only sign of wear after all the tough love is a little tapping sound from the engine on cold mornings or hot afternoons. I LOVE THIS CAR and would recommend it to anyone.
    Visitor, Salt Lake City, UT, July 04, 2011 12:20
    engine problems drop off the RPM
  • 1993 Honda Accord
    Visitor, Tucson, AZ, July 02, 2011 11:59
    Best purchase I ever made. Most reliable and enjoyable car I have ever driven.
    Visitor, Lawrenceville, GA, May 14, 2011 19:17
    My mother in law has one, and thankfully it's a lease. She (of course) has no complaints. I'm a master auto technician so I feel my opinions are just a bit more valid. The car now has 15k on it. Rotors warped around 7k. a/c cooing capactiy @ idle is terrible,it also just stops cooling for a few seconds at a time. The interior construction is not anywhere close to justifying 25-35k. The drivetrain is loader that expected and shifts are pretty firm for a gutless wonder . The engine has no low end delivery but the milage is a good trade-off. Handling is decent for a front wheel drive, but the terrible brakes negate that. HONDA FAIL
    Visitor, Mapleton, UT, May 13, 2011 12:38
    I've driven about 100 cars and some I've driven for a while. Out of all of those cars none come close to how good this car is all around. I have maintained this car perfectly and it has never disappointed. The interior is still perfect and the engine runs great. great gas mileage and power. it is 98' Vtec 4 cylinder but it gets up and goes. this car is very easy to fix and not expensive compared to other vehicles. The only cars that i have driven that are better cost about 30,000 more than this one did. Great first car, very safe and yet a great family car and overall beauty.
    Visitor, Mountain Top, PA, May 03, 2011 18:05
    Best car I have ever owned.
    lost in transit, Lebec, CA, April 05, 2011 20:22
    I'm amazed so many people had issues with this car. Mine is 10 years old with 176,000 miles and still gets me into trouble with speeding tickets. I drive the Grapevine in California everyday and never have a problem pulling the grade. I've had to have the water pump and timing belts replaced but so far that's the wrost. For an average of 100 mile a day commute i'm not complaining. I love her! i'll probably cry IF the day comes when i have to get rid of her.
    Visitor, Huntington Station, NY, March 28, 2011 10:41
    At 90,000 the ABS goes then the Master Cyl, now it missfires. The car has been babied and all maintence was performed on time it just starts to fall apart.
    Visitor, Vega Baja, PR, March 25, 2011 15:55
    brakes really bad
    Visitor, Tampa, FL, March 01, 2011 10:38
    We've owned this V6 since new. Other than brakes and tires, we've had almost no problems. Power steering pump is just now starting to make noise (93K miles). Not even a tune up - I put some cleaner in the gas tank every year or so and it runs great, mpg is still where it was when new. What more can you ask for?
    Visitor, Everett, WA, February 26, 2011 15:36
    good and powerful car
    mikeanahonda, Staten Island, NY, February 17, 2011 10:43
    bought this 2004 Honda 4 cycle back at end of 2004 new, great car. Just replacing the brakes now 2011 I'm heavy on it (break's) city diver NYC Staten inland to Brooklyn all in all no problem's yet!! Have 70,000 miles as of today year of 02/17/2011,, just a little noise up front when veh is stop in / at traffic brought many times to (honda)check, said it was normal but like I said I'm happy and so is my wife with the Honda!
  • 2011 Honda Accord
    jtrain369, Flint, MI, February 14, 2011 21:27
    well traded my kia sorento in on a new 2011 accord ex-l..so far i love everything about my new car had only 3 miles on it when i got it..now at 50 will have to see how things go..im sure all will be well since its a honda..
    Visitor, Corvallis, MT, February 13, 2011 00:40
    This is my second Honda Accord, also still own a 1995 Accord Coupe with 180K miles on it and the 5-speed manual transmission - I love that car. This 2002 Honda Accord I bought used with 33K miles on it, its the V-6, automatic 2 door coupe with all the toys (leather, sunroof, spoiler, power seats, etc.,). Worked like a dream except- leather seats wore out on the drivers side, stitching came loose and seams came apart - but my major problem with this car was the transmission failing, of course at 102,000 miles! Right after the warranty expired! I thought Honda's were super reliable - well for the first 100,000 miles they apparently are. Honda wanted $5900 (the car wasn't even worth $5900 at that time) to put a new transmission in, found a mechanic who would put a USED/REBUILT transmission in for $2400; wow, what a deal. This car was mainly drive on Montana interstate - not city traffic, so little stop-and-go stress on the transmission. In the future, if I ever purchase another Honda car I will be sure it's a manual transmission.
    Visitor, San Antonio, TX, February 12, 2011 19:50
    transmission keeps failing..on third one
    Visitor, Freeport, NY, February 11, 2011 18:57
    When I bought this car it was 3 yrs old from the dealer. Its been a wonderful car. Fantastic milage (still 34mi per gallon on the highway). Very realiable. I give it due maintenance and it has paid me back very well. No problems. I love it. A few year ago my husband bought a 2007 Honda accord. Its also great. But I love the 1998 Honda. I love the way it sounds when I turn it on. Very clean, crisp sound. Better than the 2007 model we have. This is the 3 honda in our family. My son has a 1997 Accord .
    Visitor, Murrieta, CA, February 09, 2011 17:11
    I have the Accord EX, with 4 banger, automatic trans, etc. The car is tight, comfortable and still running well at 90,000 miles. The transmission is starting to whine, though. This is the first serious problem. The dealer here in Temecula wanted to blame the oil change place I use, saying they might have put the wrong type of fluid in - I almost rolled on the floor laughing at that lame diagnosis by their service department. Took it to a long-established transmission shop last week and they explained that it's a bearing that's seated in the transmission case. The slot the bearing is seated in wears over time. It needs to be machined, and an oversized bearing installed. $2800+.
    ilogan898, Deland, FL, January 23, 2011 17:45
    Runs like it's designed to. Never given me any major problems. Great car overall.
    Visitor, Kathleen, GA, January 19, 2011 12:07
    I have had my 2002 accord EX (6 cyc) since Jan 2003 and bought it with 17k, i now have 192k and fixing have a routine replacement of my second timing belt. That is the most costly of any maintenance done. I have replaced my brakes and other routine maintenance myslef. I am very very happy with my Honda and am saving for my first new car, which i have decided to make it a Honda Pilot 2010. Happy Honda Owner.
    Visitor, Fort Stewart, GA, January 13, 2011 10:35
    BEST CAR EVER!
    Visitor, Richmond, MA, January 09, 2011 13:53
    fantastic car
    Visitor, Marietta, GA, January 05, 2011 15:35
    other than the o2 sensor, my car is up to 278 thousand folks. hd to change the water pump at 200 thousand, considering i travel between Texas and Ga on regular bases, its a given that i change out the brakes now and then. all check engine sigals are easy to diagnosis and fix in a heart beat. air condit is a problem at idlie at traffic congested areas. got great gas miliage as long as i follow all the maintance rules for the care of the Honda. I would buy another one if I could but I like a broke in car and I am familiar with its history. Love the HONDAS.....p.s . I am a woman that repairs her on issues with this car so what do i know but settle for a Honda anyday.
    Visitor, Los Angeles, CA, December 27, 2010 11:26
    Bought my car 2002 Accord new also. Having problem with the transmission too. Strated at 100k Have about 110k now still running. My mechanic told me of a transmission place in LA who gave an estimate of $1200 to rebuild. Not bad...everyone else wanted $2000 to $2600. Will get done soon - but car's still running.
    Visitor, Long Beach, CA, December 26, 2010 15:44
    I own a v6 which I bought it new. I regularly took this to the dealer for sceduled maintenance. Howevr, transmission failed at 90k miles. Throttle body sensor failed at 100k miles which required the replacement of the whole throttle body rather than only the sensor. Front struts failed at 100k miles. Contrary to my expectations from Honda cars, lots of problems with this car.
    joelburke26, New Castle, PA, December 18, 2010 19:23
    great car,i've only changed oil and brakes on this vehicle.looking underneath it its very clean.
    Anizor, Olyphant, PA, December 14, 2010 13:17
    Purchased 2002 Honda Accord new , garage kept with all scheduled maintenance performed , At 107,000 miles the D4 light flashed and check engine light came on, took it to honda service and was told the transmission was gone....no mention of any known problems with honda transmissions but cost would be $2900 for fix , 2 weeks before Christmas... Ho ...Ho...Ho...Honda was not as reliable as was led to beleive. Next Christmas I will have a new car ,guess what kind it won't be...
    Visitor, Thousand Oaks, CA, December 12, 2010 18:33
    I bought 04 ACCORD V6 brand new and have put on over 160,000 miles. Never have any problems whatsoever with this car . I will drive it until it dies. I also previously owned a 1990 Accord and never had any problems either. It had almost 190,000 miles on it until I got into an accident. I would own another Accord again. Of course, I maintain my car very well as recommended in the owner's manual. We have owned 7 Honda cars in the family. Love Honda cars!!!!
    Visitor, Virginia Beach, VA, December 11, 2010 00:51
    very poor car!!!
    Duke490, Powder Springs, GA, December 11, 2010 00:31
    The only trouble I have had with my Accord is with the brakes. I am not an agressive driver, but, I have to replace the brake pads much more frequently than in any other car that I have owned during my almost 47 years of driving.
    Jim Taddei, Oakland, CA, December 10, 2010 12:55
    Good car, too bad there are not more like these.
    Visitor, Maineville, OH, December 01, 2010 10:26
    I bought my 2004 accord V-6 brand new. I have never had any problems with it at all. It has been the best car I have ever owned. All car manufacturers have their problems and I must say Honda has impressed me. I do love my accord and I am pretty sure my next car will be a Honda also.
    Visitor, Columbia, SC, November 28, 2010 14:58
    Second gear design flaw was "fixed" with the kit in 2004. In 2006, the car experienced a catastrophic transmission failure. Honda said they would pay for a replacement transmission but not the $700 labor. Then they refused to honor the free replacement of the defective radio controls and lighting module. Then they charged me $1000 for a timing belt change that actually costs $350. No more cars from a manufacturer who lies and steals.
    Visitor, Warner Robins, GA, November 28, 2010 08:34
    Brakes are my main problem. 26k miles and the rear brakes have worn prematurely down to the screeching tab. There is a class action lawsuit but you still have to pay parts and labor. You have to send the bill to the lawyers handling the case. When the case is settled you should get your money back --we'll see. The front brakes are ok according to dealer. Also had trouble with the remote key not working. Tech says it was just moisture. She opened it and removed the moisture and its working fine now. Maybe they should work on water proofing the remote. Other than this it has been a solid car.
    missymaryjane, Stockton, CA, November 28, 2010 02:51
    I have never been as dissatisfied with any vehicle as I am with my 2001 Honda Accord EXL. For the most part, this car has been good to us. We used it very seldom and have only accrued 57,000 miles on it. I am absolutely disgusted that the transmission has failed. A list of symptoms: Leaking fluid Slipping Jerking (especially when cold) D4 light blinking Check engine light is on At the dealer now diagnosed with transmission failure. American Honda refuses to do a good will replacement as we are a few months outside of the extended warranty (which should have been a recall). As there are so many cases of this listed on the Internet, there must be a way for us customers to fight back. Class action anybody? If you are a lawyer with knowledge in the subject willing to hear me out, please contact me. If you are a pissed of Honda customer with similar problems, please contact me. Let's put our heads together and make them do what is right by their customers. It has to start somewhere... Personal email missymaryjane at sbcglobal dot net. Thanks!!!
    00VTECV6, Greensboro, NC, November 28, 2010 02:48
    The paint quality is subpar, the brakes are not large enough and warp fairly easy. The V6 transmissions are fragile and no amount of service keeps them happy (on my 4th) The interior illumination lights go out randomly and the bulbs are expensive! The driver seat has begin to wobble. The EGR port clogs up from time to time and catalytic converter needed to be replaced around 140k-that was costly. The A/C almost gives up in stop and go traffic on the hottest days Most things are minor, the transmission is my only grief about the V6 Accord. 10 years old with 185k on it and it's still a strong performer. No major/unexpected repairs aside from routine maintenance.
    gllerner, Memphis, TN, November 25, 2010 09:03
    honda accord ex v6 4-door *3000 miles-replaced rear brake pads and turned rear rotors *21000 miles-replaced rear brake pads and rear rotors, after numerous calls to honda--aka auto nation they paid for them *23000 miles-brake problems again-all rotors turned front and rear also the torque converter is being replaced to stop shuttering when switching gears btwn--20 and 40 mph. *have owned numerous hondas---this is by far the worst experience i have ever had.... *note--the service manager is great, but i wish i never needed to ask for favors or special treatment.
    Visitor, Astoria, NY, November 23, 2010 06:56
    very reliable car
    tipple_1999, Apple Creek, OH, November 21, 2010 10:04
    Awesome car! Smooth ride and excellent acceleration. Mine has 300,000 miles and still runs like a champ. Easy to fix and easy on the wallet. Parts are cheap and generally in stock. I dislike the power seat belts, their motor burnt out a while ago and the interior does not hold up to wear and tear well. But they are very dependable cars! I have seen alot of complaints about break vibration....turn your rotors or get new, it helps! Also I have seen complaints on the paint/lemons/major issues on used hondas......get the car fax reports on ANY used car! Most used cars have not been kept up on maintenance...this will GREATLY increase your issues and as well with cars being repainted after an accident.
    Visitor, Ann Arbor, MI, November 18, 2010 07:06
    This is my third Accord EX (2008 model) and I've had more problems with this one in the two years I've had it than the other two cars (1990, 1999) combined..... rough loud engine, unexplained noises, brakes, lack of visibility of back end of car (very unsafe), bad wind noise etc. I can't believe that the old trusted reliable Honda has sunk to such low standards. I will be selling this car soon and will not ever buy a Honda again. Where is the quality that was once a priority in the Japan made Honda?! Honda has lost it's niche as a high quality manufacturer. So disappointed.
    Visitor, Travelers Rest, SC, November 17, 2010 11:06
    I loved my new accord and my wife and i were in an accident and there was quite a bit of damage the front was pushed in the hood buckled uo and the drivers side fender destroyed.and to top it all my air bags failed to deploy>MY wife and myself have never been in such pain I have bruises from the seat belts and we both are very sore i even have bruises on my knees.What i would like to know is where the heck was my protection the air bags did not deploy.and we hit about a 400lb buck.Honda has yet to call me back or even have my car inspected.I think this car has failed me and I'am afraid that if this ever happened again will my air bags fail me again?I have a lemon as far as protection they should replace my car.
    Sniffy, Duluth, GA, November 16, 2010 22:09
    Great car for the money. The 6-cylinder with Navigation and leather has all of the benefits of the Acura without the price.
    1kailuaguy, Carlsbad, CA, October 28, 2010 20:35
    I had bought my Accord EX-L with approx. 39K on it, second-hand in July 2002. I had kept it up with the periodic oil changes; replacing timing belt, rotors/spark-plug wires, starter (recently), brake pads/rotors, and tires as needed. It was given a K&N Filtercharger a few years ago and noticed quicker pick-ups. I also use XLP brand (concentrated) fuel systems cleaner for extra boost for the regular gas I use here in CA. It makes the fuel burn much more efficiently and ups the mpg. Other than the parking lot combat it has sustained and the chrome finish chipping off the interior door handle; the car is a decent performer on our highways, looks good, and has great visibilty. However, I cannot say that about the other drivers. I now have approx. 205K it and I plan to be driving it for another 50K to100K more miles if everything stays together. Thanks.
    Visitor, Middletown, NY, October 25, 2010 12:00
    Super. Bought new. All factory still except brake work,filters, whipers. Knock on wood...for another 200k+
    Visitor, Absecon, NJ, October 25, 2010 11:32
    Great car, brakes replaced at 25000. Received partial refund from the suit brought about for this. I can also use it one more time. A little noisy on cement roads but no real problems.
    Visitor, Patterson, NY, October 23, 2010 19:29
    My 2007 honda accord Lx I least new and went way over the mileage so i opted to buy it. I love this car. I have owned numerous models of Accords and 1 Civic. The first problem I have had was a recall, where the rear window motors had to be replaced. They still are horrible and noisey.The front brakes are ridiculous. The crunching noise and the petal to the floor is absurd. Everywhere I bring it too says they are fine. 1 set of rotors and 1 set of brakes so far at 76 K. The paint is pretty cheap also. The car handles great, so as usual I'll keep it until 200K. Hey it could be worse I could have bought the newer model 2008 which has terrible reviews on their rear brake system. Honda has to step it up. I love their products. I currently own 2 Hondas. 2010 Pilot, Love it too.
    Visitor, Eden, NC, October 17, 2010 11:25
    very long lasting car has 260,000 runs great i dont ever regret buying this car
    bkschumann, Spring, TX, October 16, 2010 05:41
    Gotta say, I'm surprised!!! Read through all the reviews and can't believe all the issues. Honda is supposed to be solid, but it seems otherwise. My brakes did make it to 50k before replacement, and the rotors lasted till 75K. But, now that it's 8yr old with 155k, it's all falling apart. AC issues, and just replaced transmission $$$$$$. The interior and exterior holding up well, so new tranny better get me another 100k, but reading all these reviews i'm not so sure. If need new tranny, make service manager ask Honda for Assistance, they will put up some of the cost. 20% for me. Helped a little. Good luck.
    Visitor, Arp, TX, October 01, 2010 08:45
    Had a 2008 Accord 5 speed with absolutely no problems. Totaled it anf felt completely confident in getting a 2009 Accord. Got a 2009 Accord 5 speed. I complained about the brakes everytime I took it to the dealership. I have also complained on 3 occasions about a "popping sound" in the steering column, but they never heard it. Finally I took it in this past week. They now say the rear brakes are 90% worn and need to be replaced (will cost me 165) and they "popping in the steering" is something wearing so they replaced the entire steering column. Also there is rattling in the back dash that has been "fixed" on multiple occasions but comes back after a few months. And a strange smell if you have the room temp air blowing without the A/C button on. I am very disappointed in this car and would not recommend Honda to anyone mainly because what should be considered a recall or covered under bumper to bumper warranty is going to cost money out of my pocket. And replacing the brakes may not actually solve the problem if they decide next year that the rotors are causing the excessive wear on the brakes, not the brake materials.
    bummer115, Salina, KS, September 26, 2010 16:28
    I bought this car for my sons first car. It has been exactly what I thought it would be. The car had over 100,000 on it when we bought it and have put roughly $1000.00 in it for typical repair items on a car of this age and mileage. 1. Water pump and timing belt, do both as they have to remove the timing belt to replace the water pump. 2. Replaced the starter, did myself and saved over $100 bucks. 3. Replaced radiator, the thing just disintegrated, it was weird, replaced myself and again saved over $100 bucks. 4. Replaced brake pads myself and saved a bunch of money. 5. Replaced window lift motor and power antena, did both of these myself. I am not a mechanic by trade have a limited knowledge but the willigness to do these things myself. Hondas are typically easy to work on just need some basic tools. We have enjoyed this car for several years now. It has been a great first car for a high school student.
    Visitor, Independence, KY, September 23, 2010 16:31
    I love my accord and everything, but it seems like I am needing to fix a lot of things on it. I have to fix rust, the exhaust, the speedometer & the AC/Heat. Other than that, its a great car
    DaveJHM, Benicia, CA, September 16, 2010 01:06
    My 2010 Accord is very practical and reliable. It is "good", but does not do anything "great". Not a car to get terribly excited over. Mine is a 5 speed manual transmission EX, so it's more entertaining to drive, even with the anemic 4 cylinder engine. The 160 watt radio leaves an awful lot to be desired. Still, the car is solid, has nice lines, heats and cools well, drives well, and is safe.
    Visitor, Aiken, SC, September 14, 2010 15:23
    Bought my 04 Honda V6 new and have not had any problems with it other than I'm just now replacing the rear brake pads. I replaced the tires earlier this year and it really increased my MPG. I LOVE this car and will drive it until it dies.
    Visitor, Van Nuys, CA, September 13, 2010 19:45
    i bought my used in 07 but feels new the transmission does slip at times but still going at 112,000 miles replaced the steering pump it gave out and 1000 dollors at the dealer for the timing belt what a gip that was the last time i take it there they rip people off.other than the the car is great recomended to all good on gas and reliable..
    Visitor, Evans, GA, September 12, 2010 12:19
    Bought this car new. "Value Package" with 4cyl manual. 72k miles and never been in the shop. Except for regular oil changes, everything is still original. The car is really zippy even with the 4 cyl. We average about 28mpg around town.
    Visitor, Kent, WA, September 08, 2010 19:26
    21k miles. So far so good. First Honda for us, performs well with plenty of power for 4cyl 2.4 V-Tec. Road noise rather high, and noisy rear pwr' window motors. Great gas mileage, 36 MPG highway on cruise control 23-24 combination MPG. Hard to get at oil filter for changes. Overall we hope it compairs w/ our previous car, 90' Subaru Legacy Awd wgn, kept for 16 yrs and 160k mil.
    Visitor, Gradyville, PA, September 08, 2010 14:12
    My 2004 Accord V6 is great - Except the AC blows cold on the right and left is warm. Had it to the dealer and they are telling me the condenser is clogged. My questions is if the condenser is clogged why do I have ice cold air on the right and warm on the left. They want over 2,000 to replace everything. OMG
    Visitor, Long Pond, PA, September 04, 2010 08:02
    i own a2001 honda accord. its a graet car bought it used with 70,000 miles. runs great very comfortable and roomy.
    Visitor, Alhambra, CA, September 02, 2010 15:26
    For the most part my car has had some problems from purchase from dealer in Aug,2006. 1. The whole rear suspension replaced under warranty 2. I engine has a nasty noise at cold start and only when I push down on the gas peddle. i was told that the drive train or an exhaust leak may be the problem and i am in the process of repairing it. The car now has over 60k miles and have had valve adjustement and it make it a little quiet, but still makes the nasty noise.
    Visitor, Olympia, WA, September 02, 2010 09:11
    Bought a Accord Coupe V6 MT last October. For the last month or so I've been having trouble with the car not wanting to go into 3rd gear when it's cold. Honda says they don't know anything about it. I've only owned manual transmission cars, I've gone out of my way to make sure I'm not "shifting lazy". Maybe there's a problem with the transmission?
    xoquixxoqafxo, Richmond, VA, August 30, 2010 21:29
    This car has been in my family since June 2007 with 66k and today it has nearly 114k, only problems it gave me are front rotors that tend to warp often giving you the dreaded steering wheel shake when braking from highway speeds and a really bad oil leak from the rear main seal which was pricey to repair. Other than that I love the car, love the smooth and strong shifting transmission (which is original on mine). Dark Emerald Pearl paint still shines beautifully that it fools people into thinking my car is only a couple years old instead of ten. 3.0L 200 hp V6 still revs smoothly and silently and is decently quick and fuel efficient. Car drives like a new car and is a pleasure to drive. It has made me a Honda lover for life and I could not see myself driving any other make. Sure its got its issues but what 10 year old car doesn't have minor ones? Only problem right now is the alternator that has a whine at idle whenever my cars lights are on so I am worried that the bearing may be failing but its is original and if it manages to give me another 2 years I'd be happy.
    Visitor, Richmond, VA, August 30, 2010 20:52
    Only major problems this car ever gave me was front brake rotors that had a tendency to warp often and an oil leak from the rear main seal that was costly to repair. Transmission on mine is original at 114k and shifts strong and smoothly. Engine is still smooth as silk and powerful with decent gas mileage with the 200hp J30A1 V6.. Car is still pleasing to look at and a pleasure to drive. Dark Emerald Pearl paint still shines beautiful and people think my car is still a new car constantly. My alternator does make a whining noise at night when the lights are on so I am afraid the alternator bearing may fail soon. Overall, very please with my car, it has been in my family since July 2007 with 66k and other than those 2 problems its been regular maintenance.
    Am Family, Wylie, TX, August 29, 2010 15:30
    Bought it as brand new car. Till now had no problem. Brakes are still running good at 53k miles. About time to change tires. Its just very nice car.
    Visitor, North Little Rock, AR, August 29, 2010 00:04
    Brakes, front and rear, are a disaster. Rear pads didn't even make it 20,000 miles before they had to be replaced, and front rotors and pads were shot not long after. Where's the government-ordered recall? Somebody's going to get hurt. And I gave up a a very reliable Toyota Tundra with a sound braking system for this grief?
    Visitor, Guilderland Center, NY, August 26, 2010 07:15
    I've got this car since 1998... overall the body was seem to be cheap. after just 5 years, visible rusting in side panels occurred. power windows is so slow when it moves, interiors doesn't seem great. feels very spartan and plastic. engine knocks, valve cover leaks, distributor failure, ECU failure, alternator twice, and etc. what a headache.
    Visitor, Miami, FL, August 12, 2010 11:30
    Bought a 2010 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6MT, I put 6k miles on it and all hell broke loose. While driving at 40 mph the engine started to sputter and 3 warning light came on. Took it to Brahman Honda who identified misfiring on all 6 cylinders. 12 days later...the misfirings continue and they still have NO CLUE what to do with the car. I'm studying about lemon laws since that seems the only option I have.
    Visitor, Girard, PA, August 03, 2010 11:39
    This is one of the most dependable cars anyone can own, the engines last for over 200k miles if treated right and the brakes can stop better than most new cars. General maitenance is all thats required for owning this car, depending on the area you live in, some slightly pricier items may need replacing quicker due to wear and tear, but nothing huge and bankrupting. My car has 141000 miles on it and still runs smooth. Note that this type of car isnt made to have fancy suspension or noise isolation of a luxury car, it is simply a durable everyday car.
    Visitor, Philadelphia, PA, July 24, 2010 10:33
    I bought this car 5 months ago. Im not sure how to review it because of course the guy that sold it to me said nothing was wrong with it, I drove it down the road to get gas, and the hood was smoking a little. I assumed since it had just had the oil changed it was spilled oil burning off...I drive home another 30mins away, and my father looked and seen the radiator was ROTTEN! It obviously had not been taken care of, having only about 56,000miles it wasnt driven often either. Replaced the radiator and things were fine. It also made a slight rattling noise underneath, I was told it was my catalytic converter cover...inside the car you can hear another "buzzing" noise that almost sounds like the spoiler is loose, but its not. I started noticing at long stop lights my brake pedal would start slowly going down to the floor, and I would drift forward!! I would put the emergency brake on and still drift (slower but still drifted) Now I had the calipers, brake pads, and rotors replaced on the passenger side so far only because my mechanic literally ran out of time since he ran into some rust and bolt problems and one side took about 4 hours, and my guy knows what hes doing!! Oh, and about a month ago my starter went out too! Lovely huh? So far this has all cost me about $550. Other than all those issues it has great gas mileage, nice interior, nice exterior (only one small rust spot for it being over 10yrs old) Im sure if I wouldnt have bought such a problematic car it would be great. Thats just a chance you have to take I suppose. Ive heard nothing but good things about Hondas, and my situation really wants me to change my mind. I guess I should be glad all of my repairs so far have been cheap, and common with older vehicles. (knock on wood!!) Hopefully after all of my brake issues it should be as good as new. Thinking about just replacing the timing belt, and water pump soon Im sure that'll be the next to go!!
    no commet, Pomona, CA, July 19, 2010 10:44
    Anonymous,Covina,Ca,7-24-10 I have 56123 miles on my accord it handles more like an old GM car from the 70s than an honda. This my 3rd honda the last 2 were both accord ex's I think the accord needs a more sports car feel.The older accords handled better they need to repair the brakes.
    Visitor, Stroudsburg, PA, July 17, 2010 12:19
    i had many problems with this moneypit car. the transmissions are very weak mine went with only 103000 miles on it. very dissapointing.
    Visitor, Somers, CT, July 14, 2010 16:43
    My 08 Accord only has 27K miles. Right now it is in the shop for both front and rear brakes, and the oil pump apparently needs to be replaced... I cannot believe a new car with little miles would have these issues. I know about the lawsuit which means honda will fix the breaks for free, but what about the oil pump??
    Visitor, Chaska, MN, July 14, 2010 10:42
    I love this car! Bought new 12-2000 this car now has just over 200,000 miles on it without really anything ever going wrong. Basic repairs and up-keep is all it has needed.
    Visitor, Piscataway, NJ, July 13, 2010 11:40
    I own the 4 Cycle EX. This car has been fantastic. I just replaced the original brakes at 72K and still had some life left. The brakes do make alot of noise. Original tires still on the car. I change my oil regularly at 3K miles. This car is great on gas in the 30's highway. My commute is mixed but more highway.
    Visitor, Haslett, MI, July 12, 2010 10:31
    dependable car
    Visitor, Kenner, LA, July 12, 2010 10:05
    I have also had to replace rear brakes and even had an accident because of them. Now my a/c compressor has locked up. I'm worried about what next.
    Visitor, Newark, DE, July 11, 2010 09:57
    This is the worst car i have ever owned. I will never ever again buy a Honda. I have had more problems with just this car then any other of the cars i have owned combined. Everyone of course already knows of the constant brake problems with this year and model. Not to met ion the loud noises coming from my engine. Now my car has stalled out twice on me. Never again..
    Visitor, Duluth, GA, July 05, 2010 17:00
    Transmission sucks had to replace twice
    TessLevenque, Riverside, CA, July 03, 2010 20:22
    I have a 2006 Accord EX-L with Navi. It has been a great car for 75000 miles and will continue to serve me for several more years, I'm sure. This is my second Accord. The only complaint I have is that the body seems made out of butter. The body & paint are quite delicate, dent & scratch easily. I have also had to replace the brakes twice, which I never had to do at all on my 2003 Accord even after 70,000 miles.
    Visitor, Provo, UT, July 02, 2010 12:48
    Bought this car for my wife new and 39k miles later still as sweet as the day we bought it. We drive like we stole it anywhere and everywhere. She daily drives it and we still use it for weekend getaways great car, we got the V6 and can get a solid 30mpg on freeway with a/c turned on. We are long time Honda owners and that is why we chose this one but I like the Camry's front end alot more than the accord, and may get one of those next time....
    tlowtiger, Tracy, CA, June 15, 2010 12:57
    In response to all of the Brake isues with Honda. They have come out with an updated rear brake which they just released to all of the Honda dealerships. If you call your local Honda dealership they should have it available for you. Also there is a class action lawsuit regarding the rear brakes, If you have replaced your rear brake pads already then you might qualify for reimbursement. You can visit the website www.accordsettlement.com for more information
    Visitor, Pflugerville, TX, June 12, 2010 08:26
    I can't tell you how much I love my Honda. The only thing I've ever need to spend money on, outside of regular maintenance, was the a/c unit. This car is 9 1/2 years old and still runs like a dream. I was hit from behind last December, and the Mercury that hit me was totalled- pieces everywhere. My Honda? The bumper was scratched. I am proud to own a Honda, and will squeeze every ounce of life out of this one (177k miles and still running great!), then I'll buy another Honda.
    Visitor, Hemet, CA, May 20, 2010 12:03
    I have 70k mi. and getting ready to install the cars 2nd set of brakes from uneven wear.Has a lot of road noise,rr window makes noise,the plastic clips for the seat material broke exposing the foam from the back on both seats,this started less than a yr after I baught it.The car is also practically wrapped in foil as you have to be very careful about the body being dented.I totally feel scammed,would expect this from A Chevy but not Honda.
    Visitor, Erie, PA, May 14, 2010 02:17
    Bought in Feb. 2009 with 66,000 miles.black coupe special edition is a very good looking car.Maintenance reminder light has come on with 71,000 miles on car.This is my daughters car but I take car of it for her and can honestly say it is one of the best i've ever owned!This is a excellent wounderful car,i also own a 07 Civic LX coupe and a 2004 Honda Pilot EX-L.I WILL ONLY BUY HONDA NOTHING ELSE!
    Visitor, Quincy, MA, May 03, 2010 14:40
    9 out of 10 stars for all out car worth the money you put into it with unlimited possibleitys
    shilaman, Carmichael, CA, May 01, 2010 21:51
    I HAVE A 91 MY DAD GAVE ME, ALL IN ALL I RATE THIS LITTLE CAR WITH 4 - 5 STARS, OUT RAN MY 4CYND MUSTANG BY FAR. YOU TAKE CARE OF IT AND IT WILL GET YOU THERE AND BACK, PASSING NEW CAR AT TIMES ON FREEWAY.
    Visitor, Buffalo, NY, April 27, 2010 05:24
    I purchased the 99 Accord w/ 80,000 and have owned the car for 6 years.It currently has 140K. The Brake lines are made of carbon steel and rusted through, I lost all the brake fluid while driving and narrowly avoided an horrific accident due to complete failure of the brakes. They were replaced with Stainless Steel. I am very surprised there is not a Honda recall on this. The A/C Compressor, Rear sway bar, Exhaust, Clutch, CV Joints, Hydralic Pump, Timing Belt, Water pump were all replaced at around 100K. I basically think Honda is a well made auto, however this particular car seems to be a lemon. I also own a 2003 Dodge Grand Sport with 125K and I have invested practically nothing in repairs. The Accord is killing me with repair costs. I am just glad the resale value is above average !!
    Visitor, Pittsburgh, PA, April 25, 2010 10:49
    I have had electrical and engine problems with car costing over $3000 in repairs. Rear brakes need replaced every year and sometimes twice a year.
    Visitor, Claremore, OK, April 24, 2010 20:31
    30000 Miles most on the Highway. No problems with brakes. EX-L 5 speed Manual 4 cyl. Drives well, handles well. Don't like the lid on the power outlet in front of the Shifter. The outlet in the center console is useless if there is anything else in there. A clunk in the gas tank when it is full. But I love the car, good performance and reliable. Good gas mileage, I avg 27+mpg, 24 if I am in town a lot. Worth the money.
    Visitor, Harrisburg, PA, April 24, 2010 03:24
    Junk worst car I`ve ever owned!!!!! It`s been to Honda 6 times cost me over 1200.00 dollars and it`s still not fixed...JUNK period. also for sale very cheap.serious inquiries onlyonly 52k leather coupe auto cruise control side air bags brand new tires and inspection red with black leather and spoiler
    Visitor, Southgate, MI, April 22, 2010 16:16
    Hope a rock does not hit your a/c condenser because it will be a $600+ repair. It is not covered under warranty, although I am not the first nor the last person to ever encounter this problem..
    Visitor, Orinda, CA, April 17, 2010 22:39
    Excellent car. Highly recommended.
    Visitor, Redondo Beach, CA, April 03, 2010 11:33
    This is without a doubt the MOST troublesome vehicle I have owned in over 40 years of car ownership. (1) Horrible rear brakes; replaced at
    Visitor, El Paso, TX, March 27, 2010 21:06
    2008 Accord LXP with 26500 miles. Replaced rear brake pads at 12500 miles and again at 20980 miles. Air conditioning is ice cold then compressor will cycle and air will come out warm for a few seconds and then get cold again. Happens every minute or so no matter how hot or cool it is outside. Honda evacuated and replaced freon thinking it could be contamination and it still does it. Im thinking a/c puts too much strain on the 4cyl engine. Other than these two glitches-brakes/air conditioning, its been a great car.
    RJC1954, Gladstone, OR, March 27, 2010 09:10
    Had the car since new. No issues or problems, just regular maintenance.
    jamnagle, South Bend, IN, March 21, 2010 20:53
    Love this car. Very dependable!
    jimflutes.com, Stockbridge, MA, March 19, 2010 12:33
    I have had four Hondas,this is the very best of them all. This is a Accord EXL coupe. I wanted to buy the new body style(08),but the more I looked at it I just did not like the style. So I found this 2007 coupe with 8000 miles and I think this style is better than the 08. This car has everything you could want ,all climate air,heated seats and mirrors,6 disk,running day lights, lighted steering wheel ,fog lights,daynight mirror. Going on 45000 miles and no problems.
    Pseudo2010, Lake Charles, LA, March 18, 2010 09:38
    hello I noticed that alot of people were having Transmission problems... I did to however I took it to the local Honda Dealer and he told me that I needed to replace my transmission but it was UNDER EXTENDED WARRANTY so it did not cost me ONE CENT... I suggest that everyone that has a Honda please check out the extended warranty, there was alot of problems with the transmissions and you shouldn't have to pay for the replacement... (btw my car had 36 200 miles when it was replaced... ) Good Luck.
    stripemister, Philadelphia, PA, March 14, 2010 17:43
    EX-L V-6, it's been a great car. Roomy both front and rear, and very comfortable. I see many 06-07 Accords on highway. Wish Honda made this body type for five years like they do with rest of models. The colors silver, and red are real classy.
    OConnell, Baltimore, MD, March 07, 2010 05:12
    Excellent car with very few problems
    sbord1, Highland Park, IL, March 03, 2010 18:00
    My third Honda. Each has gotten over 200,000 miles with very little repair / heavy maintence. The newer the model the better the car. I haven't replaced my muffler as an example.
    Kan0011, Alpharetta, GA, February 19, 2010 05:57
    I am not sure about Brakes
    freon, Houston, TX, February 04, 2010 12:28
    Over all our $33,000 Accord is good but i was and am unhappy with the body and paint. Although the midnight bk paint looks great, it is sorry in its durability! if you just look at it crosseyed the paint will come off. It seems to be one of the cheepest paints i have ever seen on a car. (we bought it new) Maybe they sold us one that had been repainted! Also the metal is so thin and easy to dent that we have a hundred dings all along the body front to back on both sides due to other cars doors and shopping baskets. The brakes are weird. They have a weird feel when stopping, and wear irregularly. We have had it checked many times and no one finds anything wrong. I believe there is air in the hydrolic lines causing the irregular wear. The computer screen we have for music, maps, audio, and a/c is cumbersome and boaring. Engine good, and heating and air are good. It is also one of the noisyest cars we have owned. it is loud to drive...you hear the road and tire sounds very loudly. If these problems are not attended to we will not buy another one.
    jessicas04honda, San Diego, CA, January 18, 2010 19:21
    I bought a used 04 Accord four months ago. I had a mechanic run through the car before purchasing the vehilce ( due to the fact that the previous 98 accord I had purchased from dealer needed frame work, etc). He said it was fine an clean no less then a week later did the seat heater for passenger seat stop working due to the fact the electric seat had run the cord over to send power to the switch. Second it started making strange noises while steering due to fact it needed a steering rack. Third my tranny started slipping and next thing u know i almost get into a car accident because transmission fails in the middle of two very busy merging freeways during peak traffic hours. I also found out that it needs a new power steering pump. Honda = Reliable?? I am starting to think not!
    geoff18, Long Beach, CA, January 18, 2010 12:43
    My biggest issue with my car is break vibration. I don't consider myself to be an aggressive driver, or hard on my breaks. Other than that, I am very pleased with this car.
    kchonda, San Marcos, TX, January 10, 2010 21:32
    Great car! I had to rebuild the transmission at 110,000 and had to replace the brake rotors at 150,000. Other than those two repairs I have not had any major problems. The small repairs have been starting to add up recently, but overall a great car.
    eaterb, Carlisle, PA, December 28, 2009 10:33
    I have owned three Accords and the 2008 is by far the worst from a mechanical perspective. I had the front rotors and pads replaced at 5100 miles. The rear pads were next at just over 10,000 miles. Now I am replacing the rear pads again at 22,000 (not at the dealership). This is unbelievable. I have had two SUVs and a full size truck that needed less brake work than this car. It also took 4 tries for the interior trim to be repaired. Honda has always been the first place I look when it comes time for a new sedan...no more.
    christopherhaig, Norristown, PA, December 27, 2009 23:00
    Owned my 97 Honda Accord since 2001. Drove it cross country from LA to Philadelphia without a hitch. Been driving it ever since. I've had several problems the last few years with electrics - the driver side window stopped working for a while, once it was fixed, the back passenger side window went dead. Also, the radio has gone funny, and only plays AM dependably, to get FM stations to work, i have to manipulate the lights or other buttons on the dash. Currently, the car is in the shop for distributor repair and its costing me a pretty penny. I do love the car and its been reliable, never breaking down on the road (knock on wood) and only the occasional tire blow. I would definitely buy another Honda.
    Eduard, Cordova, TN, December 21, 2009 09:49
    Brakes are terrible!!!! Check the web, you will see that thousands of customers complain about premature rear brakes wear (at 15000 - 18000 miles!!!) and Honda makes people pay for it. The front brakes on my accord 2008 are squeaking from 3000 miles. It was 5 visits to dealer, several repairs but it is still very noisy. Remote key entry stopped working after 1 year (new battery didn't help). Dealer claims that it is my fault and I have to pay for new keys. Although Honda says about 32 MPG and more on highway with I-4 engine, my best is 24-26 MPG. Definitely, 7 visits to the dealer withing a 1st year of ownership for a brand new car for repairs is too much. I wouldn't consider buying Honda in future.
    wipeout8, Vancouver, WA, October 27, 2009 21:40
    Have loved this car, but have had multiple problems with heating and A/C which seem continually to be in need of repair.
    cavewill, White Plains, MD, October 02, 2009 06:24
    18 mo and 25000 mi, eng is running rough and low power poor acceleration.
    flyha, Minneapolis, MN, September 18, 2009 11:14
    This has been the best car of 4 that I've ever owned. Three of them were Hondas. The only things that I felt needed early maintenance were 1) the brakes and 2) the exhaust, which used to be common to Hondas. I'm currently on 168K miles and no major problems other than maintenance. The only reason I might change brands is to find a hybrid mini SUV.
    Rob Sturtz, Walnut Creek, CA, August 12, 2009 13:37
    This car is great vehicle. My Accord has been very inexpensive to repair and drives well. The only issues I've had are some bulbs that have gone out in the dash and a check engine light because of a bad oxygen sensor. The faulty 02 sensor is covered by an extended warranty so I don't have to pay for it. If you need an inexpensive, reliable ride, this is it!
    dvanwagoner, Chagrin Falls, OH, August 11, 2009 05:59
    Love my car! 5 speed manual LX is fun to drive, looks good, and great mileage. Consistently 29-32 mpg around town and on the highway.
    handylc, Gainesville, FL, August 04, 2009 13:33
    Drives and performs daily, nice ride, BUT I need to mention the noisy brakes, awful gas smell from AC (chemical smell) and the dealer can't replicate, it happens sporadically. Slow remote to open door. Overall, i feel discourage to have issues so soon. 3000K
    hleonard, Kingsport, TN, July 31, 2009 16:30
    Have really enjoyed this car. I did recently have a problem with the air conditioning - needed a part replacement. Of course this occurred when the temp was high. Had to wait almost a week to get the part in but they had somehow gotten it to work temporarily until the part came in. I was pleased with that. Also had the motor in the rear window replaced because of excessive noise. Was told this was a common complaint. Oh yeah, now that I think about it, the glass in the moonroof cracked but was covered by warranty.
    cristin, Saint Joseph, MO, July 26, 2009 08:42
    We will NEVER buy another Honda! Car has transmission problems which result in failure. Honda has service bulletins out on this and there was a class action lawsuit. Honda NEVER notified us of that they had service bulletins and this year of car fell within the problem years. (2001-2003 for the trans failure. Transmission had been worked on by Honda before, and problems started again. They extended warranty to 109,000 miles but mine failed at 110,000. Honda's response? Too bad, it'll be $3000 to repair. The runaround and denial by American Honda Motor Co and their customer service dept has bee deplorable ; since they KNOW there's a problem and don't let people know.
    joet, Commack, NY, July 25, 2009 20:10
    The car is great. Acceleration's great! no lag. But the brakes are squeaking when braking between 30 -40 mph. then the squeaking dis appears.turning ratio is good. no leaks or rattling. good for commuting as long as can ignore the squeaking brakes, just shut the window and turn the radio loud. I brought it to the dealer and they said I needed new pad. I just go the car, and I check the pad and it stil 3/4 inch thick no thanks. Not ready to drop 250 bucks for new pads, maybe next year!
    marlene smiles, Chinchilla, PA, July 22, 2009 16:34
    well i'm sorry i bought a lemon, my honda has broken down every where, from small items to power windows, locks wiper motors radio, ac and more...
    HolyHonda, Lucerne Valley, CA, July 17, 2009 20:19
    I just love my Accord!
    sbreinig, Franklin, TN, July 02, 2009 06:11
    Had the car for about a year now. Drives great no problems at all I look forward to driving it everyday.
    dblcrss, Burlington, NC, June 12, 2009 14:38
    I own a 1992 Accord LX (with 288000 miles on it)and a 2000 Accord EX V6. My 1992 is the most dependable and fun car in my driveway. I have owned this car over 5 years and have not had one mechanical issue to report out of routine maintainance. I only hope the 2000 has the longevity of this one.
    Mbrinks, Tucson, AZ, June 07, 2009 15:21
    Very good automobile for both touring and around town. No complaints. I love my Honda.
    cessnapilot, Buford, GA, June 02, 2009 13:46
    This car has 185K miles and has changed little since I inherited it with 24K miles. The engine will sometimes completely stop while driving, but just shift into neutral, coast to the side and it will restart immediately. In all these miles, only replaced one CV drive line, the ingition switch and the alternator. Fresh air vent adds a little heat even when knob is in fill cold position so this cuts down on AC effectiveness. Only problem with car is seat is very close to ground, entry and exit is awkward especially for 60+ YO large guy but that is not the car's fault.
    mkallas, Elburn, IL, May 28, 2009 16:04
    Don't buy a 2009 Honda Accord. They have serious brake noise and premature wear issues. Honda has no fixes for consumers either. If you don't believe me, Google it. Seriously. For a car that is supposed to be one of the best in quality, Honda sure dropped the ball. Save your self the money and the headaches. Buy from a differnt manufacturer all together. I have had my car in three times for these issues and i only have 2,317 miles on it. I am not alone you will find hundreds of others online posting the same issues. Don't buy a 2009 Honda Accord! You will regret it!
    matthewshom, Red Lion, PA, May 26, 2009 11:01
    long term inexpensive transportation
    ViM, Citrus Heights, CA, May 16, 2009 19:41
    very nice car
    gram26, Fresno, CA, April 20, 2009 17:24
    My 2003 Honda Accord EX 4cyl. has been very reliable other than the brake & rotor problems experienced on all '03 models. The dealer readjusted the distance between rotors and pads and problem solved. Never use the plastic visor extender, once you do it will rattle forever. The power blower resistor in the dash had to be replaced when the ac/heater fan simply quit. Other than that it's been a very good car and I would buy another Honda. I have over 87,000 miles on it now.
    Pepino, Philadelphia, PA, April 11, 2009 21:25
    Great car so far
    LesterCook, Stockton, CA, April 10, 2009 17:38
    This is a 6cyl Honda Accord ES. We have had no warranty work done on it and have the oil and filter changed by the Honda dealer. We had another 1998 Honda Accord 4 cyl on which there was only 46,000 miles when I purchased a Honda S2000, 1997 model. All vehicles are serviced by the Stockton Honda dealer. The 6cyl one will soon be due for a timing belt replacement. It has a little over 90,000 miles on it. As things stand now we would not purchase any other make than a Honda. We always purchase the top of the line model for the engine type that we get and only buy new vehicles.
    rak, Gainesville, VA, March 31, 2009 16:45
    I bought this car new, and drove it for work, averaging about 30,000 miles a year. I now have retired and the car has 170,000 miles and still runs like new. The only problems I had were brakes wearing fast and a serious transmission problem which was replaced under warranty. It has been a gem!
    daddyLUVSwagon, Mesa, AZ, March 16, 2009 22:42
    I recently purchased a 97 accord ex wagon. i love this car! best honda Ive ever owned. the ride is smooth, excellent on gas, looks real good, just a joy to drive. the only things i don't like is that some of the interior parts aren't very strong. other then that, the car is great. the engine has some power when i need it. i would recommend this car to anyone.
    Busta, Walnut Creek, CA, February 21, 2009 23:24
    Great car, suspension is kinda soft! Very reliable
    marceloss, Dover, DE, February 20, 2009 15:15
    Very reliable, I would buy another one next time.
    acurax, Arcadia, CA, February 11, 2009 18:14
    I own a 2002 Honda Accord SE Sedan and a 2009 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe. My honda accord SE is preety well only 92k miles hah the air conditioning dosent seem to be as cold as the civic we also own. and the acceleration pedal is always feeling sticky and all the brakelights all break after i replace the next but all in all i love the accord! There fun to drive and the resell values are holding up good :D
    vermontrican, South Burlington, VT, January 24, 2009 15:31
    I purchase this S/W 4 years ago for $600.00 after replacing the alternator, timing belt and rack and pinion, I have nothing else to this car except for maintenance. Living in Vermont a lot of snow and mountain and this car is a tank, never left stranded or stuck in snow. If I could replace the body with one that don't have rust or last longer I would keep it for ever. Have 240,000 miles and outstanding car.
    brickracer, Martinez, CA, December 22, 2008 08:49
    The Accord has been a pleasure to own. It drives smoothly, has pretty good acceleration (I have the V6) and has been very very reliable. I did get a check engine light once which turned out to be a bad catalytic converter so that needed to be repaired. That was replaced by Honda at no charge because Honda has an extended emissions warranty. I definitely will consider buying another Honda in the future, or maybe an Acura!
    Chalice, Kissimmee, FL, November 14, 2008 18:29
    Awesome car!
    Freshroasted, San Francisco, CA, November 04, 2008 10:56
    I love my Accord, I'm the second owner and have put over 100k miles on it without incident. I had one issue at about 60k total miles with the engine computer however it was under warranty and was replaced free of charge. Otherwise I have had no real problems with it despite being rear-ended on the freeway a few years ago the car looks and drives like new with over 140k miles (from SF to LA to Vegas to Tahoe) on it. Love it.
    paulapie, Capitol Heights, MD, October 22, 2008 04:19
    Unlike the other reviews I haven't been so lucky with my Honda. Bought it used and at 47K miles my transmission had to be replaced. Due to the extention of the extended warrenty as a result of a Class Action suit, Honda had to replace it at no cost. When I reached 120K miles the replacement transmission died. I would love to say that this car is reliable but 3 transmissions before 120K miles is unsat.
    leenie, Antioch, CA, September 24, 2008 11:21
    I loved my 96 accord! It was so reliable, and never required any repair, but I hear most hondas don't have many problems. I never had a problem with mine, and it never had to go into the shop except for the routine checks.
    Bsaldr, Matthews, NC, August 22, 2008 08:54
    Excellent car. Have owned 25 Honda's in the past. Wouldn't drive anything else. 41K miles and never seen the shop for a problem. Can't get any better/