Honda Accord Reviews

Honda Accord Reviews and Owner Comments

1997 HONDA ACCORD LX - AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION: Have had numerous major costly repairs with the Honda Accord LX, 4 cylinder, automatic transmission. Complete transmission failure at 55,000 miles, upper camshaft seal shifted, causing major oil loss, new starter, new radiator, near A/C compressor, new transmission solenoids, new altenator (replaced twice), and replacement of steering rack due to leakage from Honda continuing to use "rubber" instead of "silicone" which lasts much longer. Would NOT purchase another Honda Accord LX - 4 cylinder, automatic transmission, with so many known issues by Honda Corporation, especially premature automatic transmission failure. In my opinion, Honda Accord is no longer considered a reliable vehicle or good used car to purchase. Please review NUMEROUS premature automatic transmission failures for all years of this model before considering purchasing.
I have 70,000 miles on my 2008 honda accord. Every 20,000 miles I have to replace brakes. I have A/C problems, blows hot air (off and on). I had VTC changed under TSB at 55,000 miles and now the same engine problem is occuring, which i will have to pay for. It goes through oil (consuming) it. I have to add a quart every 2,000 miles. Recently, the starter went out $500 and the power steering pump was replaced ($400) because they said it was leaking too bad and would cause an engine fire. Both not under warranty or recall (honda said) I contaced NHTSA as well as Honda America. Honda America is ignoring me.....I HATE MY HONDA ACCORD.....and i will never buy another one. I HATE HONDA AMERICA !!!!! HORRIBLE CAR. I plan to sue them......
test review
Bought new in 1999, and now has 130K miles. I have replaced the ignition coil ($60), radiator ($240), two inside door handles ($40 ea.) and 3 sets of tires. All scheduled maintenance has been done. It needs McPherson Struts right now, but am putting it off (they are $350 to $400 installed). Frankly it has been a GREAT car. I consider it VERY low maintenance. Plan to drive it another 50K miles.
Have a 2009 2-DR V6 EXL accord and I LOVE it! I've had it since 2010-cert. pre-owned from Manchester Honda and cannot say one bad thing!! Came with 8K miles. Now has 70K. I've had to replace all 4 brakes, needed new batery last winter but that is about it! All that is basic car care. Oil has been fine. So far this car has been worth every penny. I plan on selling next fall (2016) only because it's a 2-dr and we plan on starting family. If it wasn't for that, I'd have this car as long as I could!!
This is a piece of junk I will never buy a Honda again. Took into dealership the A/C blows hot air after warranty was up had to spend $145 on a new compressor. At 87,000 miles my car is burning oil did smell antifreeze mechanic said that my dipstick was dry needed oil rings and pistons still didn't help. The brakes are the main problem besides anything else on this car spent money getting new brakes it's sad we buy cars but don't tend be reliable as I thought Hondas were made to last should have never got this car. I really in processing of trading it in on Toyota and never buy another Honda again they are not what they used to be.
I have 2006 Honda Accord, the car is perfect, actually, just having 2 weakness points in it: Engine: Despite its power and fast response, it is not quiet engine, you always hear noises coming from the engine although adjusting the valve clearance, and using different grades of oil. I found out that all 2003 till 2012 V-Tech Engines are noisy by default. Heat: when you drive for a long way, or getting up hills, the console under the Parking Brake Pedal gets warm/hot coming from the Catalytic Converter Exhaust that is under it, i have solved this issue by adding an extra heat shield for it. Generally, the car is perfect, nice features, nice Clusters ill lights, poor low CD stereo sound, powerful, reliable, nice tail looking with LED lamps, wide seating interior, well sealed when you close the windows, low fuel consumption, safe, noise beeping reminder on 120KM (on some models).. My problem is i'm an Accord fan, my next will be the 2013-up Accord. Hope i was useful.
I love my 2012 Honda Accord EXL. Very pleased!!!
My 2000 Honda Accord LX is a great car!! Very dependable!!
I thought my brand new 2008 Honda accord would be my dream car but I was wrong. I too have problems with the rear brakes, air conditioner, a $700.00 repair to fix a sensor light but my biggest disappointment is the cheap interior console trim. At first it got stretchy then just tore apart. Dealer said it's normal wear and tear (??) and a letter and pictures to Honda's deaf ears....would I recommend a Honda...think not
I wish I never traded in my 2005 Honda accord that car was the best I own 2009 ho.da accord and it's terrible it goes threw oil like there's a frieking hole and the brakes went two times already now my car turn on then shuts right off going to shop tomorrow oh and the switcher went so even when my car is off the brake lights don't shut off and if you don't unplug the battery the battery dies its the worst car I have ever had and its my fourth but 3rd Honda I can't wIt to trade in
Bought 4 cylinder new. Within a few months a/c would only come out at my feet. Dealer had to rip out entire dash to replace a part that controls air flow. Repair worked but had minor side effects that diminished the new car feeling. Car now has 113K. Replaced front and rear brakes and rotors twice. The interior headliner is falling apart. Had to use screw in tacks to hold it up so I can see out the back window. No other major repairs but the transmission is starting to shake when shifting from 3 to 4 and from 4 to 5.
Bought new in 1996. I'm the only driver. Just turned 80K miles. Damn good car. Scheduled maintenance only, for the most part.
You can solve the brake issue by purchasing cross drilled rotors and ceramic brake pads. Honda brakes run hot. Since replacing mine, I have not had a problem with warping rotors & haven't had to replace brake pads more often than regular wear & tear requires.
91 wagon. I love it. One of the most reliable vehicles I had. 300k miles and I take it every where. Replaced distributor in past year. Parts are plentiful if the problem arises. Super easy to maintain as well. Everything works.
Two issues: front and rear brake rotors are crap. I do a lot of mountain driving and the front rotors have warped several times. The rear rotors have cracked. I just installed drilled and slotted rotors on the rear and all is good. I had one issue with the car going into limp mode after returning from a trip to Vegas. Literally happened as I turned down my street. Pulled the code and it was the VTEC sensor. Common problem, $60 part at Honda. Easier to change than a spark plug. All is good. It does consume more oil than my prior Honda. 5 spd manual is fun to drive. Definitely would buy another, but I only have 100K miles on this one.
I had a used 99 Civic for ten years. No major hiccups. I decided to upgrade into an 09 Accord EX, 4cyl in 2009. Initially there were problems with the car. Battery went dead, rear brakes were replaced, I think all before 8K. I am a road warrior, but I don't drive my car rough. The brakes are extremely noisy even after having new ones put on and running them through the wash to rid them of dust. They are just noisy. The wheels feel a little wobbly at times, especially in the rear. There is a grinding noise when I crank the car if it has been off for a long while, almost like a pan rattling underneath. This occurred just after 100K. I live in the Metro DC area so getting from point A to B could mean a MINIMUM of 30 one way. Now that I'm at 112K, the AC just STOPPED working. I noticed the two fans are not running in front of the engine. This NEVER happened with my Civic and she had 210K on her. I'm not very happy with this car even though I was happy with my Civic, which is why I stayed with Honda. Other minor issues, the rear brake light failed (never on my Civic), the interior lights ALWAYS go first (even in my Civic), I heard a loud snap when I pulled my visor down one day and now it doesn't press flush against the ceiling of the car. I've replaced the leather arm rest and now the arm rest in the door is splitting. (NEVER use ARMOR ALL leather wipes!!) I would guess that it damages the car's interior because it is NOT leather. The driver's window was acting up a bit, like it didn't want to go all the way up, but I'm not having any issues out of it. The lumbar support stopped working and I have intermittent back problems. I MAY get an Acura, but I'm sort of leaning toward a Lexus. I'm VERY disappointed with HONDA. I expected to have this car until about 2021...but no. She may get traded this year.
I have a 2000 honda accord v6 72000 miles good car I love it
I bought a high mile 1995 Accord EX in 2012 after an accident totaled my 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer. I was not financially prepared at the time to buy another car so I needed something very affordable and reliable to get me to work for a while. I knew this meant I would be looking for an older high mileage car. I found the Accord for sale by a private seller for $1200. The speedometer hadn't worked for some time (the only thing that didn't work), but he estimated the mileage was around 250k. The car had been meticulously maintained with records to prove it. I took it for a drive- it ran like a champ and I bought it on the spot. For the price I paid I couldn't be happier. The biggest downside for me was the car's appearance. I live in Minnesota, where years of winter road salt had rusted parts of the body pretty severely. Particularly over the rear wheel wells (a common area for rust on this car) and the bottoms of the doors. A year and a half later, after repairing the body rust damage myself, replacing the resonator (exhaust) pipe, and continuing to change the oil ahead of schedule- it's still running great and I am happily continuing to put off a car payment for as long as this car will keep on going. I am truly impressed with its reliability.
The 2008 accord ex-l v6 is my third accord. Unfortunately this is my last as it is very clear that honda's dedication to building rock solid, trouble free cars has gone south in a big way. Brake issues, key issues (2 sets, same problem, stopped working, replaced batteries in both, one now works, the other does not). The VCM is horrible, engine runs rough, shifting his horrible, engine may be missing also. I have 60k on this vehicle. Honda is severely damaging their reputation, not only will I not buy another honda, the word of mouth advertising will be less than appreciated by Honda over time. I am looking to step it up a notch with my next purchase but Acura is now out as well. Too bad really, Honda used to rock, now they suck. Possibly new leadership, or maybe they've become so profit oriented that they've cut costs to join the ranks of manufacturers who deal in junk for maximum return. Screw that.
my 2012 Honda accord that had no problems on its last diagnostic test three months ago and now needed a rear wheel alignment with this service appointment. I am the only driver and had no unusual incident to caused an extraordinary condition
We bought a 2007 Honda Accord new with leather interior and 4 cylinder engine. We love the car most of the time until the brakes are applied. With only 17000 miles on the car, the brakes chatter so badly going down a long hill that the steering wheel vibrates violently and the whole car shakes enough to blur the instrument panel. The car will stop fine, but my wife's knuckles are white for a long time after that downhill run! The only other minor problem is that our old 1988 Toyota Camry's seats were a lot more comfortable on long trips. Despite these problems we still love our Honda, most of the time.
Been driving my 2007-Honda Accord EX for 6 years now. No major repairs :) Keep up with the required service maintenance and it will last you a long time. It has 153,000 miles and running great ! Next car.... of course... A HONDA! :)
2004 accord ex v6 rebuilt trans twice changed power steering hose then had a recall 2013 replace power steering pump twice.
The power door locks lock and unlock themselves constantly while I'm driving. This happened originally at 36,500, now all door are dead at 46,000. Dealer service are very bad at Diamond Honda. If you want to buy Honda, please review this over. I plan my other car can be any but not Honda.
Bought my 07 EX-L new in 2006. 108,000 and engine light just came on today. Never any major problems. Only regular oil changes when indicator shows less than 5% (every 5-6,000 mi). Best advice if you don't like the road noise or bumpiness: buy the tires designed for the car (EX & above). They're sports car tires ($1000/set @ costco, but I've only bought 2 at a time, no rotating). FD seat heater went out around 35K, my fault, and short circuited some interior lights. All minor repairs done w/ help from online videos. Just saving to buy another one before expensive problems start. Really solid car. Rides better than a luxury car.
I have owned at least ten Honda's and this one fares worse than an old Chrysler I had. The condenser on the air conditioning went, I had to repair a freon leak 2 years ago. I have needed three remotes, the gasket around the driver side door keeps falling off, I have gone through 2 sets of brakes and I only have 50,000 ,miles. The gas mileage is awful. The leather is wearing and I am very gentle with my things. A sensor went on the engine. In the past week I had almost $2000 repair bill at the dealership.
I will never buy a honda. I have a 2005 honda accord 2010- rebuilt motor @ 75,000 miles 2012- rebuilt transmission- less than 100,00 miles 2013-Just put in a door lock actuators 137,000 miles
This is my first Honda Accord and I have had great experience with it. I have over 130,000 miles and have not had to replace much expect for general wear and tear. Like other reviews I did have premature wearing of the brakes which were repaired by a honda dealership who did a horrible job. I later had them repaired by a local auto repair shop, and they did fabulous work. My ac does run a little slow, and could be better but overall I am very pleased by the reliability of this car, and plan to purchase another honda accord.
2008 Honda accord the worst car I ever drove. I will never buy Honda Accord in my life..