» Mercury

Reviews for 16 Mercury models:

Mercury Reviews and Owner Comments

Mercury Owner Reviews (16 reviews)
    Mercury Mercury Grand Marquis Owner Reviews (see 81 reviews)
  • 2009 Mercury Grand Marquis
    Visitor, Scottsdale, AZ, July 20, 2014 08:30
    just purchased with 33k miles and runs like a champ. much safer than other cars previously owned.
  • Mercury Mercury Sable Owner Reviews (see 57 reviews)
  • 2002 Mercury Sable
    Visitor, Sells, AZ, April 03, 2014 13:01
    The 2002 Mercury sable is a all around reliable car. However I did encounter a few problems. Recently I had to replace the alternator, the Power Steering pump leaks a little, I need to replace the Inner Tie Rods and possibly the outter ones, and after putting in fuel treatment/injector cleaner several times over the past 6 months, Im still getting poor gas mileage??
  • Mercury Mercury Mountaineer Owner Reviews (see 55 reviews)
  • 2006 Mercury Mountaineer
    Tony ran 61, Dunnellon, FL, June 04, 2014 05:26
    well it was good when we brought it new but now we had to replace rotors cracked cooling system now the drive train is acting up and the dealer wants 500 dollars to drop the pan and another $500 to change the transmission fluid,they wanted $498 to change the brakes and roters and so I did it my self for $160 with a friend and utube This SUV sucks when it hits over 100,000 miles it starts making the dealer money.dont buy one!!
  • Mercury Mercury Cougar Owner Reviews (see 25 reviews)
  • 1991 Mercury Cougar
    CaryE, Memphis, TN, October 19, 2012 11:14
    My dad was the second owner. I bought it from him at about 85,000 miles. The doors are long and heavy and after many years, they will sag. I have shimmed mine up and everything is fine. Brakes are good, but mine only has drums on back. It has the 3.8L and I replaced the head gasket twice by 150,000. Ford's 3.8L had a head gasket problem no matter what they were in. I finally replaced it with a 98 Mustang 3.8L. After 97 they had redesigned the decks and they don't have the problems anymore. It is bulletproof. It has over 250,000 with the original transmission and 7.5 rearend. Put an oil cooler on any Ford with an AOD. It used to slip out of overdrive when it got hot or when I drove it hard (all the time). Not a problem anymore with an oil cooler. It still has the original exhaust pipes. I put new catalytics on it several years ago. AC was originally R-12. Works fine with R-134a. Just flush it, evacuate and fill it. Heater cores are problems and very difficult to change. It is buried under the dash. I have been putting off doing it again. Get one from Ford or somewhere really good. Not going cheap this time. The suspension and steering is a lot of what set the T-birds and Cougars apart from every other American car in their day. Front and rear independent suspension with unequal length control arms (or short-long as they call it these days). It is the reason I love these cars.
  • Mercury Mercury Mariner Owner Reviews (see 25 reviews)
  • 2009 Mercury Mariner
    Visitor, Beloit, KS, March 28, 2014 19:56
    Had the mariner for 7 months now and I am really pleased with it. The V6 has plenty of pep for me and I really like the 30+ miles per gallon. I like the visibility and the head room. Tried a chevy equanaux and could not get in without bumping my head. I had a 03 mariner and it was about the same but not as good gas mileage. I think I will stick with mariners.
  • Mercury Mercury Villager Owner Reviews (see 22 reviews)
  • 2001 Mercury Villager
    Visitor, Cincinnati, OH, September 16, 2013 11:35
    how to repair waterpump
  • Mercury Mercury Mystique Owner Reviews (see 20 reviews)
  • 1998 Mercury Mystique
    Visitor, Colorado Springs, CO, May 04, 2014 11:57
    I LOVE MY MYSTIQUE! Bought my car for $2,500, 2 years ago. It only had 98,000 miles on it. I've replaced the timing belt, had front and rear brakes done, put on a couple new tires, and put a new battery in her. I'm calling to get the new instructions for adjusting headlights. I do have problems with the blinkers and brake lights. I have the GS model and I just love the get up and go power it has. I've owned about 15 used cars and this one is the BEST so far.
  • Mercury Mercury Tracer Owner Reviews (see 14 reviews)
  • 1997 Mercury Tracer
    Visitor, Toledo, OH, March 08, 2013 17:57
    Bought this car in 2012 with over 200K miles. while it does run well, many parts even after repaired still break. For instance the exause was broken and even after having broken parts replaced two different time it remains broken. Also motor problems persist after fixing. These are decent cars yet do have lots of problems later in life.
  • Mercury Mercury Milan Owner Reviews (see 11 reviews)
  • 2007 Mercury Milan
    Visitor, Indianapolis, IN, December 28, 2011 07:36
    The Mercury Milan is a excellent car! I was bout to buy a Audi A4 and im glad I came a across this vehicle. I bought the premier v6. excellent american (made in mexico) car. :-) The power,interior and handling are great. I would highly recommend this vehicle.
  • Mercury Mercury Montego Owner Reviews (see 10 reviews)
  • 2005 Mercury Montego
    Visitor, Hermitage, TN, January 29, 2014 18:59
    I own two mercury montegos'the 2005 has the oringal brakes on it.it has 11200 miles on it.the only thing I have done to this car is change the battery.what a great car.my 2006 mercury montego just rolled to one hundred thousand miles,the only thing I have done to this car is change the brakes and battery,that's it.love these cars. .
  • Mercury Mercury Monterey Owner Reviews (see 8 reviews)
  • 2004 Mercury Monterey
    Visitor, Germantown, WI, April 15, 2013 17:23
    I bought a 04 mercury monterey with 60,000 miles on it. The carfax was impressive. Every maintenance record EVER from the dealership. I now have 75,000 miles on it and for some damn reason it randomly sputters and dies... Now the rear latch has stopped working. I took apart the rear hatch skin and everything is HEAVILY rusted. The body is also showing rust all over the rockers. I will never buy another ford or mercury again!!
  • Mercury Mercury Mariner Hybrid Owner Reviews (see 6 reviews)
  • 2010 Mercury Mariner Hybrid
    Visitor, Big Spring, TX, June 14, 2012 11:42
    Monday, went to open the car, and neither remote would work. The touch pad on the door also would not work. Opened the door with the key, and the motor would start, but could not get out of park. None of the digital/electronic displays worked. Windows nor locks would work. Air conditioner and cruise did. I was able to drive the car by disabling the "Park/Transmission" lock switch. The dealer doesn't seem to have an idea as to what is wrong.
  • Mercury Mercury Capri Owner Reviews (see 4 reviews)
  • 1992 Mercury Capri
    Visitor, Suffolk, VA, June 13, 2010 07:38
    got a 92 non turbo only 100hp makes it a little slow but it shifts nice runs good too, 18 years old and the body is amazing condition, downfall is the top was worn out pretty badly but they are kinda cheap to the most part. most defenently worth getting one if you find one. I only payed $800 for a good condition car with only 78,000 miles on it. deal so far.
  • Mercury Mercury Topaz Owner Reviews (see 3 reviews)
  • 1990 Mercury Topaz
    Visitor, Norwalk, CT, April 20, 2013 16:58
    I have a 1988 Mercury Topaz, but I am having problems with engine leaks and my Fan will not shut off. WHAT CAN I DO AND WHAT DO I NEED TO REPLACE?
  • Mercury Mercury Marauder Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 2003 Mercury Marauder
    Visitor, Crossville, TN, August 14, 2013 10:24
    love my Marauder-I just had my power steering pump replaced-the rack replaced and the sensoe and the car is still not fixed. It it pulling to the left and comes and goes with driving. They put in a napa pump and now changing to a ford pump-is there something else going on? thanks