Reviews for Porsche Boxster years:

Porsche Boxster Reviews and Owner Comments

Porsche BoxsterOwner Reviews (13 reviews)
  • 1999 Porsche Boxster
    Visitor, Staten Island, NY, January 09, 2014 21:05
    i have had about 25 different cars in my time, from jag's, to audi's, to benz, many American cars as well. this porsche is BY FAR the most fun to drive. it drives like nothing else. it can take turns like no other car i have ever driven. i have had very few mechanical issues. mileage is good at 25 on road, 21 in city. there are many great ones for sale & for around $10- $12,000 you can get a low mileage one in great shape, and for that money, it is a lot of car. be sure to service it as required. may be a little more to ride in, but to me it is worth every penny. the car never looks old. lines are classic porsche & timeless. car looks like it is going 100 miles per hour when it is standing still. i repeat it is a lot of car / fun for the money. go get one. you will see.
  • 1998 Porsche Boxster
    Visitor, Canton, OH, July 25, 2012 17:12
    I love my boxster and have made into a project, to get my 98' in perfect running order. First I bought it with 89k. Now 9 months later it has 99k. First I had a 90k inspection done. A small linkage on the front was replaced and a tube leak around the spark plugs. I had had several noises come from the starter, so I had it replaced. Next i made a mechanical insurance policy by having the IMS bearing replaced along with the rear main seal (known problems that can kill any porsche 1997-2008). While having the Trans out to do this repair I had the clutch replaced with only a parts bill since the clutch had to come out anywhey. They made note of cracking coils after this latest repair. 2300 miles later the car ran rough and I had it towed to the shop. And of course the coils went bad. Now the car runs better than ever and I am real happy. I now feel safe to drive this car anywhere. You could have a muscle car and never have any of these problems, but it would just be a car and not very good on windy roads, just good from a red light. On the road I get 25-30 mpg.
  • 2002 Porsche Boxster
    Visitor, Saint Petersburg, FL, March 31, 2012 13:49
    2002 Boxster. I bought my boxster S with 18K miles on it a yr ago and have driven 9k. The car looks great and i get a lot of compliments when I drive it. Unfortunately, I've had to replace the ignition switch, oil seperator, headlight(normal maintenance), stereo and i'm on my way to the to the mechanic to discuss pulling the engine to address a low oil pressure problem..........very disappointing. I do not recommend buying a porsche unless you have money to burn.
  • 2004 Porsche Boxster
    Visitor, Stillwater, MN, September 02, 2011 05:56
    I've had the 2004 Boxster S for over a year, love it, can't say enough good things about it. I've had no problems what so ever with it.
  • 2010 Porsche Boxster
    Visitor, Atlanta, GA, December 15, 2010 08:47
    Fantastic. Porsche is like no other car manufacturor, from the way they treat you at the dealership to the small details of the car's construction, everything stands out as superior. We have had our Boxster for 6 months. It is our only car and we have put 10,000 miles on it in all conditions. It has been wonderful. It is dependable, beautiful, fast, and unbeleivably responsive. Driving this car was hard at first, because it is so quick to respond to all inputs. Now that we are accustomed to this car, driving other cars is hard. We remain totally thrilled with this car and highly recommend it.
  • 1998 Porsche Boxster
    seoexpert, Decaturville, TN, November 19, 2010 16:57
    Once you drive it, you don't want to change it. Take this advice from someone who have changed around 30 cars so far. You will love Porsche for ever. I have a Boxster 10/1998 and I feel very happy about it. It never let me down so far.
  • 2000 Porsche Boxster
    Visitor, Miami, FL, August 03, 2010 11:11
    A little more power would exellent. The vehicle is great and lot of fun to drive. no real major problems with the car, handles beutifull, love the car .
  • 2002 Porsche Boxster
    Visitor, Edinboro, PA, July 29, 2010 10:59
    Have had my 2002 Porsche Boxster for just over a month (2,000 miles now--about 50/50 highway to local roads) and I will now ALWAYS own some Porsche. Am already looking for another one...another variety of Porsche. :-) No problems. Dealer treats people differently than a Chevy or Ford dealer. Much higher level of respect. This Boxster (and I'd imagine all of them) handles amazingly well. The speed is frightening. It is tiptronic so I don't have a clutch, but it is flawless. Smooth shifts. Can always use that tiptronic to downshift as needed, but it does that automatically too. I've had it go 105 and it didn't mind that at all. I have noticed that if it doesn't get out now and then and go 75-80 it seems to hesitate a little at lower speeds. Must be some of that horse(power) getting bored. lol Buy one of these Porsche vehicles and you'll find reasons to take drives. I know that I have... In fact, it's time.
  • 1999 Porsche Boxster
    Visitor, Plant City, FL, June 25, 2010 15:02
    I just have problems after I wash the car I keep getting a misfire on the @2 piston. I love this car and can't explain what a ball it is to drive.
  • 2001 Porsche Boxster
    Visitor, Evergreen, CO, June 07, 2010 08:12
    I spent a lot of $ getting this car repaired, but I love it. Had electrical issues, oil separator issues, and fuel pump problems
  • 1997 Porsche Boxster
    Visitor, Clifton Park, NY, May 22, 2010 14:03
    IVE OWNED MY 97 BOXSTER FOR A LONG TIME I HAVE 80K AND IT RUNS GREAT. I HATE TO HEAR ALL THIS DISSATISFACTION WITH OTHER PORSCH OWNERS IF YOUR CAR FAILS YOU BRING IT TO A CERTIFIED DEALER, I HATE TO SEE PEOPLE WHO CAN'T AFFORD TO FIX THEM, DRIVE THEM, OF COURSE IF YOU DRIVE A PORSCHE WITH PROBLEMS THEY WONT GO AWAY ON ITS OWN. SO SAVE YOUR MONEY, TAKE IT TO A PORSCHE DEALER AND FIX YOUR PORSCHE THE RIGHT WAY. REMEMBER THIS IS A PORSCHE NOT A TOYOTA. THIS IS THE NUMBER 1 ENGINEERED CAR IN THE WORLD, IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT RIGHT, SELL IT. WHEN I DRIVE MY 97 PORSCHE IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE THE KING OF THE ROAD. YOU CAN TELL BY THE WAY PEOPLE DRIVE AROUND YOU THAT YOUR NUMBER ONE. I HAVE HAD MY COILS REPLACED BRAND NEW AND MY INJECTORS BRAND NEW AND MY WATER PUMP REPAIRED BRAND NEW. TOTAL COST $2800.00 BUT GUESS WHAT IT RUNS GREAT AND MY PORSCHE DEALER LOVES MY CAR. GO PORCHE.. DOMINICK
  • 2004 Porsche Boxster
    suzkarmah, Dallas, TX, February 03, 2010 13:41
    it is important to note that i owned 3 Toyota MR2s, the last one being my decade long partnership with a lovely 1995 turbo, which now lives in Austin. The MR2 being nearly flawless (and vastly cheaper) here goes: The Porsche is a gorgeous car with a beautiful & powerful engine. I love flipping a lever,pushing a button and having the top go down. Leather trimmed out map holder behind the seats intead of pleather is also a nice touch. The Bose system is quite nice, with a CD and good subwoofer. I have the 2004 special edition and the dark chocolate leather, with the GT Silver trim out to match the cars ext body is very easy on the eyes. Cornering is beautiful, engine sound is beautiful, car appears to be very robust and solid. My pet peeves? I stand amazed at the lack of room, even for a handbag of any size. My car is not much larger than a handbag. There is no tape deck, just a CD player, the driver door creaks when it is cold outside, rare in Dallas, but it is cold right now, so today I heard it creak as I opened and shut the door. The interior periodically rattles such as when I drive on a bumpy surface. And I apparently have a leak in my windshield washer reservoir. I refuse to fix this leak because, frankly, it should NOT freaking be leaking!!!! Even the Triumph GT6 I owned,gorgeous Brittish junk,did not have that problem. SO I keep filling up the reservoir with new pricy Porsche wash fluid and every week, whether I use the fluid or no, I need a new refil. Hell will freeze over before I fix it and pay to fix it...Porsche should pay for this. SO..it is NOT a Toyota MR2, it is much much faster than the MR2, corners just as well, although it does communicate the cornering and the road similarly but in its' own Porsche way to you, which is quite nice. I love the car and have made my peace with owning it and giving up my MR2...however, for 50k used, I think the bloody thing should not rattle one iota or leak anything, even something as benign as washer fluid. I've owned it 4 years, bought it with 15k mi on it and now it's got 38k miles; it is my only car. I had 50k, 101k and 92k miles on 3 MR2s, had all of them for sev years, none of which rattled and all looked and acted brand new when sold to someone else. For twice the cash, I am loving the cup holder, the seat warmer, a full top down feel and big engine. 127 mph in 5th gear the car was not at all straining, was not at redline and I still had another gear to shift into. I swear the car yawned at me. The turbo MR2 at 110 was smooth as silk, but 130 was about top end for it. Oh, and why can I NOT view this engine? The Porsche is lovely,reliable, comfortable considering the smallness and the accidental touching my hand to the passengers knees (because it is just that small). Germans are not as good with their ergonomics as the Japanese. I think Porsche thinks about the "driving experience" and just focuses in on DRIVING. But to my mind, the driving experience also includes refinements such as a tad more room, and no rattles(even though my rattles are quite small and infrequent)Lastly, an engine such as this, should be on display or at least under a hood that can easily be raised to view it.
  • 2003 Porsche Boxster
    UnKnown Name, Peoria, IL, January 14, 2010 16:42
    This is a wonderful porsche. The 2003-2004's were the best boxster's. These are affordable and easy to drive. This is my 2nd porsche and I will not be selling it ever.