Dodge Reviews

Dodge Reviews and Owner Comments

I have a 2006 Dodge Grand caravan the. Light won't work I have try every thing you can do .can't drive it because. No lights nothing works any body know what to do car dealers won't to much money to fix and.they said not sure they can fix it any one let me know .thanks
First minivan. Love the ride and handling, the mileage is acceptable. The brakes are a dangerously unreliable. Brakes stick on and almost ignite into flames ( check them out after dark) Poor, poor design. Coolant fan went at 70 000. new brakes all around at 125000(nuts). I asked the serviceman if it was a know issue about the brakes he said "no" and then I found the service bulletin about it. I lie it but have no faith in the brakes.
This truck was my husband's "baby" until it let him down. He was driving home from work one day and all of a sudden heard a weird noise and then the truck started to run like crap. Once he finally had a chance, he started to investigate what the problem was. (He is an ASE Certified Mechanic with 30+ years experience) Finally, he found the problem and was very disappointed. One of the pistons shattered. A huge piece of the piston broke off and was just floating around in the chamber. Obviously this has to be a casting defect but we don't know who to contact to see what Dodge and/or Mopar plan on doing to make this right. The truck has less than 100,000 miles on it and should have ran for a lot longer than it did. plus we haven't heard about anybody else running into this problem. Any suggestions on who to contact? Any infor would be helpful, thanks.
Love it, lots of space. Gets 18 to 20 mpg same as most mini vans. Cheaper to own than mini van. Easy to maintain, can do most maintenance myself. The vinyl interior is great with kids and animals. Enough horsepower to tow trailers. Nice to travel in, its like a little RV. This is the third dodge van I've had. Put over 250,000 on first two before I sold them.
I recently bought a neon from my daughter,her husband paid 1200$for it used.They took it to the beach where it over heated in traffic .When the "mechanic"looked at it,he told them it needed a headgasket and told them it would be 1400$to fix it!I'm not a mechanic ,i'm a carpenter but i gave them 400$ for the car and i replaced the thermostat housing unit and poured in a can of Blue Devil 55$ total to fix it!Runs fine,no leaks at all,Great stuff
we bought our Durango (2005) in 2014 and everything seemed fine at first, but the A/C stopped working, then the car would just cut off out of no where. And I recently wrecked it due to the car stalling on me and the steering wheel wouldn't move or the breaks would not work. So needless to say I would not be buying another Durango after seeing all the recalls on them.
bought this truck in 09 because of the life time power train warranty. I still love this truck. I have over 77,000 mile and it still rides and drives like it was new. I took a load of furniture to Texas and got 20 mpg going down and 23 returning driving 70 to 80 mile per hour, so was happy with the mileage. I gave it a 4 on power train because the rear pinion started to howl a little but was fixed under warrant. Love that HEMI power.
Worst car I have bought in 20 years, 2 Years ago I bought this car with only 50,000 miles, so far i have changed more parts to this vehicle then all the vehicles I ever had in my life since i was 20, it is ridiculous, this is the worst place I definitely DO NOT RECOMEND THIS CAR DEALER TO ANYONE FRIENDLY FORD LAS VEGAS ON DECATUR Blvd, PLEASE DONT GO THERE, YOU WILL REGRET IT!! 1st month after I bought it $125 for a new battery, 7 months after I bought it I change the alternator pulley $102 part only, after 11 moths I bought it, change the motor mount 3 of them for $195 parts only, after 14 month I bought it, driver window stop working,16months after passenger window broke in addition to all this problems now as 08/10/15 I have a gas leak WTF??? I am so sick of this vehicle and so tired of fixing it with all the problem I am having with this vehicle is ridiculous, I feel I got majorly ripped off!!!!
I Love my 1993 Dodge Dakota. I am female and have got completely ripped off on repairs. I was lied to ,cheated out of a lot,alot, of money. All say,"its a Dodge" like a problem child. The only problem was they were all liars and thieves and wanted it. So they dogged the Dodge. I still got it and they don't! They(as in "mechanics or just men talking crap about it.),LOL. literally tried to steal it three times on mechanical issues,that were reasonable, if I had gone to an honest mechanic the first time. Had to find one ,it took time and a lot of money later. I paid and paid the thieves. When taken care of ,it is the truck!
My daughter has a 2004 Stratus that we are prepairing to retire. She takes very good care of her car and has all the recommended oil changes, tune ups etc. She got the car in 2011. in the 4 years she has owned the car has had numerous problems including the check engine light going on randomly with no explanation after having it checked multiple times, it makes a loud whistling sound when she accelorates, and her timing chain self destructed last weekend. The body has held up well however.
my 2010 ram is a junker! i bought it new and i hoped it would last. well it uses 2 quarts of oil every 3500 miles since new!dealer said thats normal . lmao! tie rods were replaced at 20000 miles for recall. at 30000 one broke.i used aftermarket replacements the second time and no problem.the front seat fell apart in 50000 miles.the two electric motors that control the blend doors went out so i replaced them to.all out of pocket. my front and rear bumper are super rusty!!!!! the oil pan is just about rusted out!body is rusting and my water pump went out today @ 84000 miles. what a total piece of shit!!!!!!! i will never buy a dodge again ever!! don't buy one!
Good reliable car runs and drives great. We bought the Stratus in 2003 with 40,000 after doing that time never once gave us a problem. I am still happy to be driving this car its at 185,000 no issues with nothing or breakdowns. Took care of everything on car oil changes, filters, plugs, brakes, rotations and more would not retired yet on us being a good little car ever owned. It was 1st car ever had purchased gets good gas mileage very comfortable with nice interior materials all of power equipment still works flawless. Just get engine oil change with using 5w20 Synthetic change plugs and rotate tires the car will last in a heartbeat being road worthy ever driving last up 200,000.
A dodge ram 50 and power ram 50 are amazing trucks. The only thing not the best in them is the transmission. Thats the only weak link they have
2007 Dodge Nitro R/T....Paid 28K cash Great car? Whaaaaaat? I bought my Nitro the introductory year 2007, biggest mistake I have ever made. How many recalls issued on this vehicle in 4 frickin' years? 12? How is it not considered a lemon? I brought my car to the dealership for an oil change and some recall repairs...They replaced the wiper motors and resealed the roof rack....4 weeks later the engine blew.....The filter they put on the car was defective plus there was no gasket when then ruptured filter was removed. They replaced the engine under warranty, that was good....However, I had to return the car 4 times becuz while in operation, the engine would quit and the electrical system would fail...No power steering and no brakes, great in a Chicago winter. This all becuz of bad computers, 4 of them. Then the wipers failed with their new motors....The roof rack seal is not only gone, but the rack is cracked in 3 places....I don't use it!!!!!!!! I have three windows I cannot lower becuz the motors have failed, the drivers side door handle has broken, the emergency brake engages in cold weather and etc, etc......So many problems with this car, I have returned to the dealership multiple times for repairs, only to have the issue arise again....The Nitro was a piece of JUNK!!!!!!! I paid cash and wish I could afford to get rid of it now....I seriously hate this car and it's worth nothing at trade in....Less than 3 years after buying the car, it was only worth 5k at the dealership....Dodge knew they built a POS!!!!!! Why only run it 4 years???
I bought it used in '00 now has 234,422 miles on original motor & tranny but had it shares up/down. Brakes, transmissions and oil problems. Just paid a good $245.00 on new parts for engine it smelled 1qt of oil but that's not it - I had to pay mechanic extra $233.76 for replacing whole new crankshaft kit well it almost broke me but will complain until now after putting lots of miles onto the engine its still original. Interior and power equipment are still working but I will buy another Dodge after got $$$ worth in this one. I still see lots of these around the mid south so means they are very dependable mines be reliable so far though later put expensive repairs until in 2010 but van is running strong for me.
Best van every made.
Brakes went at 19,000 refused to cover warrenty numerous ball joints, tie rods issues under recall for igintion problems sometime some things like windshield wipers heating do not work. high cost of maintence last american car i will buy
2012 dodge advenger 86,000 miles. Had the car for 2 years. Love the room and style. But huge blind spot and major front brake issues. Even taking to les scwab and needs new brakes after a month. Even with regular oil changes a knocking noise from engine compartment. Foul smell when ac is on even after replacing the ac Filter. Just yesterday all my dash lights went crazy and my tranny wouldn't shift and the max speed I could drive was 35mph. Possible battery issue or pcm issue, waiting to hear. I have the 2.4 liter 4cyl and I like the power. Haven't had any major repair issues til know but brakes get expensive changing often. My model only shows 1 recall with head restraint. Overall so far been good but thinking of trading it in after issues everyone else is having.
My Van has sat for four years from 2009 to 2014 and for the most part, the only thing I had to do was replace all 4 tires. It has 100,000 miles and motor runs GREAT! Really RELIABLE vehicle, for sure! New Tune Up and Oil change and she is as good as new! Starts on the first half crank! I recommend this vehicle to anyone who needs a good reliable transportation; it still has at least 150,000 miles left on her to go! Great Job Dodge! I still see allot of the 95 models driving around as testimony of how reliable they really are!
surprisingly nice driving and riding van. the 3.9L v-6 is more powerful (easily out-runs my corolla)and more fuel-efficient than i expected. much easier to work on than any other van i've crossed paths with.
I have a 2002 dodge ram 4.7 4x4 , went to drive it home , had no power RPM went up to 5000 reved high then truck shut down , was able to tow home , but got home and can't move motor I think it's seized or transmission its gone ? Anyone know ?
I have a 1998 Dodge B3500 conversion van by Pleasureway. The excessive rear end sway was nearly totally eliminated by installing 2"spacers on rear wheels and raising air pressure in rear air bags to 75lbs.Front steering problem (wander) improved by replacing all four ball joints, shocks & steering damper. Steering wheal still wanders a bit, but havingit checked on 4-22-15. I'll let all know outcome.
I have a 2008 Dodge Avenger R/T that I bought used. I bought the car in June of 2014 and it had 60,000 miles on it. It is very clean, inside and out. I took it to Midas for an oil change and the mechanic said that whoever owned it before me took very good care of it. It has new tires, new brakes, and the body is in great shape, except for the lip on the front of the hood. The paint is bubbling. It's not rust, because the hood isn't metal. The interior of the car is spotless, the radio is awesome. I love this car. No mechanical issues. I have put 5000 miles on it with no problems. I love this car. My trunk doesn't hold water when it rains either.
i love this truck
I have a low compression on #2 engine cylinder. If you have water coming in your car it's from your rear tail lights! The gaskets are made of form not rubber 2" thick??? The cheap way to fix it,, is with making tape and tube of clear 100% silicone calking. Go around the outside of the tail lights, it will last for years. I have 180,000 miles, real nice car. You can get big cars now with 30 mpg for the same price.
I need help I live in Costa Rica one day coming back home I Park my dodge Nitro 2008 , 2.8 cc Diesel and surprise fire from the Engine... My problems I can't get replacement parts in Costa Rica I have been looking for 4 months and nada used or new parts, the engine still work but I need to replace every thing Buster, alternator, censors, fan, belts all plastic components. Please If you where can I go let me know Use or new
Bought my 2007 new May 2007. It now has nearly 110,000 on it. Still runs like new. Never been in the shop except for routine maintenance. Tows my trailer like a champ, room for all the kids and the dog. Very comfortable seats. 4x4 handles anything it encounters. Looks great on the road. I would recommend to anyone. Only downside is typical poor gas mileage with the V8.
Bought my 2000 Dakota in 2003 with 40000 miles on it. I do the maintenance at the recommended time. The transmission went at 56000miles and was rebuilt under the extended warranty. At 61000 miles the evaporater core went. Has 90000 miles on it now, original 3.9L engine still running strong. No rust on it. Will keep it till it quits.
I've had mine since new. My first Ram. Before this one was F250's only. I have 187000 miles on it with no drive train or other issues at all. Parts I've replaced: Brakes, U-joints, Updated K&N cold air system, updated exhaust system, 2" front end lift and front wheel bearings. Not bad for 10 years of driving.
I have a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 four door. I love the truck only problems I have are the doors catch wind and pull the tuck left or right. The lights seem to dim when I push on the brake to slow down at night. I have owned a Ford before my Dodge and I will say never will I own another Ford.