» Dodge

Dodge Reviews and Owner Comments

Dodge Owner Reviews (54 reviews)
    Dodge Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Reviews (see 144 reviews)
  • 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
    ranger1962, Martinsburg, WV, August 11, 2014 05:16
    I have a 2008 dodge ram 1500 crew cab 4/2 big horn... Problem is front end hear a clunking sound when turning steering wheel left and right... took to dealer all thay told me is EVERY THING IS TIGHT.. I no something is wrong... could it be in the rack.
  • Dodge Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Reviews (see 78 reviews)
  • 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan
    Visitor, Cleveland, OH, April 11, 2014 13:14
    Im very unhappy with my caravan, I have had my brakes replaced twice with new rotors. my bill was for 352.00 , it only has 12,000 miles on it . It is 2010 van, poorley made. I am going to sell it and get a dependable van. I called dodge headquarters aNSORNnd explained it to them, not covered under recall. another problem LEAK IN HOSE FOR CONDENSOR. PUT O AGO RECALLN NEW IGNITION SWITCH,TWO MONTHS NOW THE VAN SHUTS DOWN WHILE DRIVING. FED UP DO NOT BUY DODGE CAEAVAN.
  • Dodge Dodge Dakota Owner Reviews (see 62 reviews)
  • 2007 Dodge Dakota
    Visitor, Suwanee, GA, February 21, 2014 10:54
    I have a 2007 dakota slt quad cab and failure is when you have lost the pedal fall to the rev 0
  • Dodge Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Reviews (see 51 reviews)
  • 2001 Dodge Ram 2500
    Visitor, Ellensburg, WA, August 09, 2014 13:28
    I have a 2001 Dodge 6 speed HO Deisel Ram 2500 4x4. It has 138K miles and has not needed anything major. This truck tows over 13,000 lbs, gets over 20MPG empty and is been bullet proof. I 4x4 over the Colockum Pass which is one of the toughest in all America. I also have towed a 35' triple slide up many passes and done over 50 MPH. You do have to lubricate the fuel like any diesel engine built before 2007. This is so fuel pump will last. Low sulfur diesel is here to stay, so make sure every other fill up to add lubricant to your fuel. P.S. all the mechanics and tow truck drivers in Ellensburg drive a similar truck!!
  • Dodge Dodge Caravan Owner Reviews (see 41 reviews)
  • 2001 Dodge Caravan
    Visitor, Chicopee, MA, December 22, 2013 06:21
    I have a 2001 Grand Caravan Sport 3.3L V-6. The transmission differential just went with 215,000 miles on the van. It was running excellent.just put a new set of tires all around and now this. I have a few buddies that are qualified to fix the problem but none have a working environment,it's not a "parking lot" job ,so I would have to take it to a shop.Anyone have a ballpark figure in what the cost would be.I'm sure labor and part's on this type of job could get steep, is it worth fixing??
  • Dodge Dodge Durango Owner Reviews (see 39 reviews)
  • 2004 Dodge Durango
    lynese727, Farmington, MI, March 31, 2014 15:46
    I bought my 04 in 2008. I had to replace the battery and alternator in 2012. Now I am replacing the fuel pump, pinion seal, the muffler shield bolts have rusted off, and getting a major tune-up - $1,200. Jan 2012 I had 115K miles now I have 180K miles. 65K miles in 2 yrs. I love my truck. But when it need repairs they are costly.
  • Dodge Dodge Stratus Owner Reviews (see 37 reviews)
  • 2006 Dodge Stratus
    Visitor, Mcpherson, KS, December 20, 2013 07:17
    Play has developed in the crankshaft/harmonic balancer area and in turn the front seal is bad and leaks oil. 140,000 miles on car and being told by mechanic that seal replacement by itself is no good. would need to drop pan and replace at least front main bearing along with seal and with the miles probably the timing belt and water pump as well but cost may be prohibitive and may or may not be worth repairing. Anyone else experienced something like this?
  • Dodge Dodge Intrepid Owner Reviews (see 36 reviews)
  • 2003 Dodge Intrepid
    Visitor, Florissant, MO, February 18, 2013 19:21
    I have the option of buying a Dodge Intrepid or a Jeep Grand Charokee, both cars are 2003 and they both are used, Im not sure of which one is more reliable...please help me decide.
  • Dodge Dodge Neon Owner Reviews (see 33 reviews)
  • 2001 Dodge Neon
    Visitor, Missouri City, TX, February 20, 2013 06:13
    the car steering wheel is hard to turn right or left it seems to be locked everything else is good there is 10300,miles can someone help me understand why its hard to turn what maybe a solution to fix this problem my friends said the car still looks new wow
  • Dodge Dodge Ram 3500 Owner Reviews (see 31 reviews)
  • 2004 Dodge Ram 3500
    Visitor, Cromwell, CT, May 27, 2014 20:32
    2004 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT 4X4 DRW Cummins 5.9 Turbo Diesel. I bought this truck used 3 years ago with 119k. I expected to change a lot of wear and tear parts. I bought this truck to try how it work with a cummins inland. I use to be a boat engineer in the Navy and cummins was one of my specialty. So far I got towed once, lift pump replaced and added an auxiliary pump from BD Diesel. I decided to kept the truck. now 159k lifted, oversized tires 20-24 mpg.
  • Dodge Dodge Charger Owner Reviews (see 29 reviews)
  • 2010 Dodge Charger
    Visitor, Visalia, CA, September 09, 2014 18:55
    I have the SXT model with the 6-cylinder 3.5L HO (High Output) engine with the 4-speed 42RLE Chrysler transmission. This car is really fun to drive. Lots of power (250h, which really is impressive for a 6cyl) engine has a nice subtle "purr" to it during normal driving, but at a quick acceleration and WOT (wide open throttle) you can definitely here the engine growl. strong brakes make for a quick and powerful stop, which is great being that this car is pretty heavy. the charger handles well. i would have liked to feel more of a stiff feel with the steering, however, turning at a good rate of speed you can feel the car sway, which is very normal, but seeing that this is in the "sport" class of family sedans, i expected better. still wicked-fun driving on winding roads. Spacious interior. lots of leg room with rear A/C vents in the center console. A/C blows nice and cold, heater can make you sweat. my only issue is that moisture eventually accumulates in the HVAC system which leads to that musty smell. easily fixed with disinfectant/deodorizer. for the men and women that work on their cars at home, changing the spark plugs on this thing is a little more work than usual. it requires removal of the intake manifold to reach the rear plugs. dont freak out though, it sounds more difficult than it really is. other than that, simple maintenance and tune-ups are easily accomplished. oil filter is conveniently located next to the oil pan and easily accessible. this car is "simple" to maintain. overall great car for my family. does a good job getting the groceries and dropping kids off at school, does great out on the open road!
  • Dodge Dodge Avenger Owner Reviews (see 21 reviews)
  • 2008 Dodge Avenger
    Visitor, Atlanta, GA, August 19, 2014 06:37
    Before I start I had the same problem with water retaining in the trunk. I solved this by removing the plugs on the trunk hatch they give the appearance of being hollow but are actually closed once I removed all 4 of them it stopped retaining water when it rains. Other issues are electrical where my air bag light comes on depending on the position of the drivers seat I constantly have to adjust seat until it goes off and even then is may come back on and I have to readjust again. Then there's that constant knocking noise on the right front side of the vehicle it sounds like somethings loose but I've check and can never seem to locate it this started about a month after I got the car and I also get this popping sound when turning the steering wheel left or right after about a hour driving. And they say the only way to get a tune up is to drop or tilt the engine I should say however I have a 2008 avenger SE flex fuel 2.7ltr V6 DOHC I changed the rear plugs by removing the intake manifold or plenum it very tedious but beats dropping the engine once the plenum is removed you have easy access to the plugs on the backside of the engine I'm not sure if this works for the V8 but it should just make sure you have a book for the torque sequence and lbs to apply.
  • Dodge Dodge Caliber Owner Reviews (see 19 reviews)
  • 2007 Dodge Caliber
    Bobj1954, Dracut, MA, September 06, 2014 11:35
    Bought my caliber used, best thing about it is the stereo, it's like the Pinto of Dodge. Disappointed, disgusted and done with Dodge!
  • Dodge Dodge Magnum Owner Reviews (see 14 reviews)
  • 2006 Dodge Magnum
    magooski, Ferndale, MI, April 16, 2012 14:50
    my '06 magnum which I bought used with 61800k had sat for about 14 months and seemed to run well when I test drove it but now the gas petal sticks and will rev to 4k for about 6-10 secs before returning to idle. I have sprayed the pedal arm where it looked like there may be a problem but no help. anybody experiencing a similar problem?
  • Dodge Dodge Spirit Owner Reviews (see 10 reviews)
  • 1991 Dodge Spirit
    Visitor, Lynchburg, OH, April 13, 2012 17:09
    I bot this car for 13,00 dollers and it has ben nothing but problems for me here are the things that dont work turn signols,speed odomator,AC is so roted u cant fill it up anymore and winsheld wipers the car will start sometime and sometimes it will not do nothing and when it does start I will be going down the road and it will stall and it will not start back for about a hour if it does at all I would never tell someone to buy this car
  • Dodge Dodge Nitro Owner Reviews (see 10 reviews)
  • 2008 Dodge Nitro
    Visitor, Ridgecrest, CA, December 18, 2013 11:23
    we have a 2008 dodge nitro. in the summer with the airconditioning running and we come to a sudden stop from say 40mph the trany goes to neutral and dont go back into gear until we out itn park then back into drive. recently we have another problem. when we use the key fob to remotely open the car, the horn beebs irregularly (without any rythem like the panic does) the windshield wipers and fluid sprays and again with no rythem and short bursts, and the lights will flash sperradically. I read this also happens in the dodge caravan. some times the transmision will drive in the tow mode and not change to high gear turning around 3500rpm just to go 50mph.
  • Dodge Dodge Journey Owner Reviews (see 9 reviews)
  • 2010 Dodge Journey
    Visitor, Oroville, WA, July 19, 2014 14:01
    38,000 miles and getting ready to replace third set of brake rotors. First time was re-machined and did not last. Then dealer replaced with newer version of Original Equipment. Now 21000 miles later, same thing allover again. Vehicle initially good value for money, but is now becoming a liability.
  • Dodge Dodge Ram Van 3500 Owner Reviews (see 9 reviews)
  • 1997 Dodge Ram Van 3500
    pianonut, Kalamazoo, MI, July 11, 2013 19:48
    Two 2011 reports discuss steering stability problems. I have recently purchased a 1997 Dodge Roadtrek (an extended van, modified to allow standing in the center and fitted with cabinetry and plumbing). It drove beautifully when we got it, like a car. On our maiden trip, it had some intermittent shimmy so we took it to a local garage we have used before that has sufficient lift capacity and height. They replaced ball joints and front shocks and all four tires. The old tires had good tread but were apparently original and showed considerable sidewall checking. They had recently gotten alignment equipment and so could do so on the van. Now the Roadtrek is quite unstable, making it very difficult to control exactly where it is on the road. It does not pull to either side but tends to wander. It is back in that shop where they hope to fix the problem. Any suggestions from owners with similar problems?
  • Dodge Dodge Ram Van 1500 Owner Reviews (see 8 reviews)
  • 2003 Dodge Ram Van 1500
    angel14, Fairfield, OH, June 24, 2014 08:13
    LOVE my conversion van 114000 miles on it just recently however my dash lite said nobus aan it stopped dead REplaced ny battery recently it was third one in 1 month an finally van running until nobus lite have it at firestone will let you know results...
  • Dodge Dodge Ram Van 2500 Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 1998 Dodge Ram Van 2500
    Visitor, Dahlonega, GA, March 23, 2014 14:50
    My B2500 has 220,000 + miles on it now and I drive it 5 days a week. 5.2 liter (318 CID) still runs smooth and strong. Still looks and drives great. It stays LOADED with tool bins and ladders. I have only performed normal maint on it ( brakes, tune up, fluid/filters). Only recurring problem has been the HVAC blower motor/switch/resistor assembly, but that's not too bad for a 16 year old work van.
  • Dodge Dodge Sprinter 2500 Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 2005 Dodge Sprinter 2500
    Visitor, Galion, OH, September 26, 2012 10:02
    may problems ofter Fyda freight line in columbus ohio worked on more warranty work
  • Dodge Dodge Dynasty Owner Reviews (see 4 reviews)
  • 1991 Dodge Dynasty
    Visitor, Simi Valley, CA, October 04, 2013 13:24
    I NEED help finding a master cylinder for my car. The brake system is ABS and I cant seem to find any anywhere,...all I keep seeing is the regular one...any1 who has any info on how I can get one,the ABS one, and how much it would cost,please mail me ASAP.... byrouchi@hotmail.com
  • Dodge Dodge Ram Van B250 Owner Reviews (see 4 reviews)
  • 1994 Dodge Ram Van B250
    Visitor, Green Bay, WI, August 13, 2014 14:28
    I bought my van from the orignal owner with 249,000 miles on it. I have worked out all the so called bugs. purchase price $900.00, I've put another $400.00. For basic things a 21 year old van could use. Other than keeping the kick down oiled regularly, witch can cause a whole host of problems. I've personaly driven it to Atlanta Ga, Rochester mn, a bunch of times. It purs like a kitten, shifts like it's new, drives and stops just fine. EVERTHING WORKS. It's orignaly out of the south so it's almost completely rust free. Looking forward to putting more miles on, 256,000 as of today. Van On !!!
  • Dodge Dodge Sprinter 3500 Owner Reviews (see 3 reviews)
  • 2005 Dodge Sprinter 3500
    Visitor, Danielson, CT, July 06, 2014 13:44
    I own (2) Sprinters, one is a 2004 the other is a 2005 with a wheelchair lift that I use to transport patients with. The 2004 was my first, the mileage was great but the engine blew @ 160k miles. Replaced engine but had a mechanic that didn't know what he was doing, and is now in the dealer shop stating that it is not roadworthy. The 2005 I recently purchased to transport wheelchair patients to and from our agency. I put $1k initially into it to hopefully make it a dependable vehicle, had a licensed dealership work on it. Soon thereafter, the transmission locked up, bought it back. Dealership stated it was the ABS control module, and the part is no longer available. Went on line and found one. Had it shipped to dealership to install. One week later it locked up again. This is the point where i am now. It's a Sunday, nobody is open, and I HAVE to pick up a client in the morning. These vehicles have been nothing but trouble. As soon as I can I will unload both of them... I was never a Dodge fan because they always seemed to be made very cheaply and it shows on these vans because I have never seen so much rust appear in the same spots on such a newer vehicle. My 1997 Ford 350 crew cab has a lot less rust and still runs great.
  • Dodge Dodge D350 Owner Reviews (see 3 reviews)
  • 1992 Dodge D350
    Visitor, Springtown, TX, December 23, 2012 19:16
    i bout my truk about 5 months ago and i love it. i have been looking for this truck for more than 5 years and found the extended cab for 2800 bucks and was offered 5000 for it before i even went and piked it up. dont know the exact milage because the odometer stoped working before i bought but i know it has over 300,000 miles and as far i knoe the only thing thats not original on the engine is the lift pump and water pump i just replaced. it has a 5 speed transmission with 455 gears in the rear. not much on speed but will pull anything you want it to. i have found out it rided alot better with a bed full of cinder blocks.
  • Dodge Dodge Stealth Owner Reviews (see 3 reviews)
  • 1993 Dodge Stealth
    betterdays, Clatskanie, OR, August 19, 2010 12:26
    sluggish at first when it starts up. then runs fine
  • Dodge Dodge D150 Owner Reviews (see 3 reviews)
  • 1993 Dodge D150
    Visitor, Sebastian, FL, March 15, 2014 12:37
    My rear brake hose was melted by the exhaust how much would that cost?
  • Dodge Dodge Shadow Owner Reviews (see 3 reviews)
  • 1990 Dodge Shadow
    Visitor, Alamogordo, NM, December 10, 2011 17:55
    i just got this 1990 dodge shadow bout a month ago and there is a loud squeaking noise that emits from the engine compartment. My uncle which is also a mechanic says that the problem may be the fly wheel is going out on it and also the belt is worn out. it could be to tight or to loose. that may be one of the many problems that is causing the car to emit such a high screeching sound. and i also put a whole tank of gas for like $30 bucks and it barely even lasts me 3 days and that's driving at normal speed on highways and also into towns. i may have to sell this car pretty soon. because the code reader on the car is sayin it has all kinds of problems with it..... it sucks
  • Dodge Dodge Nitro R/T Owner Reviews (see 3 reviews)
  • 2008 Dodge Nitro R/T
    Visitor, Kansas City, MO, April 08, 2014 20:18
    I purchased in dec, 2007. Serviced every 3k includes every step of maintenance by the book. I've had so many problems It's difficult to put it all into words. Electrical,Parking Brake,Intake Manifold,Transmission,Misc.sensors,poor quality diagnostics and customer service from every single Dodge Dealership as well as Chrysler Customer Care. The Nitro was serviced well the first year, but, any problem there after I was treated like I was crazy they claimed the car was in perfect running condition which to me was crazy. They simply stopped fixing things. Serviced my transmission and sent me home with no fluid, claimed my failing emergency brake was intended to use with the regular brakes and that's why it wouldn't hold it in place on a hill. Chrysler warranty company hung up on me when I wouldn't take no for an answer after going round and round. Never tried to resolve any problems and make sure I was satisfied just wanted to get off the phone and take the next call. Completely showing they are not interested in backing their warranty. It's paid for and I'm stuck with a car that sputters. Just some insight on what to expect from this company and this vehicle.
  • Dodge Dodge Ram Wagon B350 Owner Reviews (see 3 reviews)
  • 1990 Dodge Ram Wagon B350
    Visitor, Vaughn, WA, September 15, 2010 21:19
    Bad mpg cool van POWER
  • Dodge Dodge Stealth R/T Owner Reviews (see 3 reviews)
  • 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T
    Visitor, Artesia, CA, February 23, 2011 11:12
    This is one of the most fun to drive, reliable, surprisingly economical head turning cars I have ever owned. Other than oil changes, spark plugs and wires, and an alternator... I haven't had to replace anything. The one previous owner had a new head gasket, water pump and timing belt installed at 90k. It is a 5-speed and shifts so smooth, its a dream to drive. although I would like to spend a little more money on this car, I think I will be installing the twin turbo system to upgrade the power and capability on this car, I believe if this car is what they say it is, as one of the indy 500 starter cars, this machine can give me after a full engin upgrade atleast 650HP and a 3.5 torque or better will be worth the money.. "The Dream car" marlon, California .. Drop me a line and see what you think about it.. professionalcandidate@hotmail.com
  • Dodge Dodge D250 Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 1991 Dodge D250
    Visitor, Airway Heights, WA, August 13, 2011 13:51
    this has been a great truck, ihave a small hose that is broke coming off my air pump cant find other end of hose or a place for it too go, i have had a check engine light since this has happened and have gas fouled my plugs its running too rich does any one know where this hose goes its a small hose coming off a plastic nipple facing the firewall 5.9 v-8 1991 ram d-250
  • Dodge Dodge Viper Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 1996 Dodge Viper
    Visitor, Las Vegas, NV, March 19, 2012 17:39
    my car's battery has been discharge. the last time i started it was jan. 2012.
  • Dodge Dodge Challenger SRT8 Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8
    Visitor, Sterling, VA, October 30, 2013 13:20
    This car is amazing as it combines raw power, luxury and the best looking American Muscle Car retro design as of today. Mine has had no mechanical problems. My only problem is a whine from the differential when coasting. Dodge knows of this and has a bulletin to address this, but it did nothing. As a performance posi rear with a strong gear cut it will whine as it is designed to handle allot of torque. The whine reminds me of the GM M22 four speed whine back in the day.
  • Dodge Dodge Ram Wagon 2500 Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 1997 Dodge Ram Wagon 2500
    Visitor, Albuquerque, NM, June 09, 2011 20:48
    i have been told that the diff. needs to be replaced abd the quote for this is approx. $3500.00 Does that sound about right ?
  • Dodge Dodge Ram Van B150 Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 1990 Dodge Ram Van B150
    Visitor, Romulus, MI, July 09, 2013 11:48
    GAS SHOUTS,DOWN, WHILE DRIVING
  • Dodge Dodge W350 Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 1990 Dodge W350
    Visitor, Austin, TX, July 05, 2010 20:44
    CUMMINS IS BEAST
  • Dodge Dodge Ram 50 Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 1993 Dodge Ram 50
    Anna Taylor, Phoenix, AZ, March 07, 2010 20:29
    Year 1989 Pick-up
  • Dodge Dodge Challenger SE Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 2011 Dodge Challenger SE
    Visitor, Smyrna, GA, August 11, 2014 10:13
    I bought mine used back in 2012 and absolutely love it. Great gas mileage (29.6MPG on a trip to Michigan) and the ride is very smooth.
  • Dodge Dodge Ram Wagon 3500 Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 2001 Dodge Ram Wagon 3500
    Bss, Mesa, AZ, November 09, 2009 22:19
    One ton van used for wheelchair duty so it carries one or two wheelchair folk and one driver and maybe another passenger so not carrying much weight. I was told by dealer and independent that having to do upper and lower ball joints and one control arm at 43k not unusual. I:t was under Warrenty ,so not so bad. But now, at 70k it is starting to clunk again. A/c has had frequent breakdowns from blower under dash, to fan only works on highspeed, to rear a/c out again, parts can take 2 weeks for dealer to get ( and that was in 2003!!) Its a big box and can haul lots of stuff. Front seats are fine takes forever to stop but its a big box. Ran it across desert in cross winds to Ca coast and it did fine at 70+mph. has a 411 rear and big V8 wanted the limited slip and only way to get it so it gets about 11mpg dealer takes the Ram in name seriously rammed it twice while in for service warentey over so now go to independent guy. He is much easier to deal with than 2 dealers I tried.
  • Dodge Dodge Durango Hybrid Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 2009 Dodge Durango Hybrid
    Visitor, Pickerington, OH, August 30, 2012 19:07
    I LOVE my Durango Hybrid and I get much better mileage than the 20/22 that the sticker shows. I get 22/28 with conservative driving. The car is very quiet, no squeaks, rattles. The integrated GPS with traffic updates is great for trips. Car is comfortable and quiet. Easily seats 7 adults... can squeeze 8. 3rd row seat is TOTALLY usable by 6' tall adults. Car has been flawless since purchase. The drive-train was co-developed with GM and is the same Hybrid system they use in all their SUVs... it is simply mated to the AWESOME 5.7L Hemi. The 3 zone climate control works extremely well and keeps everyone cool and comfortable. My wife likes it significantly warmer than I do (I'm comfortable in a meat locker)... Durango gives you full temperature control. I keep my side on 70 and my wife keeps hers on 78... kids like it in the back at 74. Everyone happy! Too bad Chrysler abandoned the Hybrid almost before it got started.