Reviews for Nissan Altima years:

Nissan Altima Reviews and Owner Comments

Nissan AltimaOwner Reviews (81 reviews)
    ESCAPEDFORD, Brandon, MS, July 04, 2014 23:25
    Probably several thousand dollars overpriced but aren't all cards. I would say it's one of the best cars ever owned and ride is excellent on a good set of tires. Regular gas is what it drinks, so that's a money saver. Seats seem a bit too stiff and V4 engine power at low speeds seems almost dead. Great on gas and once on 70 mph its a grand cruiser. You want be racing any one in this car, if you want Haul Arse speed opt for the V6. I had the 2 door coupe V6 Altima before and the HA factor is amazing. V6 will need premium gas not to ping. On both cars, ground effects can be caught on the parking blocks.
    Visitor, Youngstown, NY, April 15, 2014 18:33
    the odometer not working, RPM going up and down on stop either light or sign,gas consumption is too much, the body is rotten,gas line leaking, power stirring reservoir leaking as well.
    Visitor, Capitol Heights, MD, April 01, 2014 20:00
    How much do a brake line repair cost ?
    Visitor, Nashville, TN, December 19, 2013 09:40
    how do i go by fixing the engine on my altima that has locked up i think...?
    Visitor, Overland Park, KS, November 17, 2013 14:12
    I purchased my 2008 Altima in June of 2008. This car is much like any other car, you take care of it, it will take care of you. The car has ~120,000 miles on it now and still drives like new. I change the oil every 3000 miles and have maintenance completed as the manufacturer recommends. The only mechanical problem I had with the car was with one of the master calibers. Fortunately the part was covered by warranty and cost me nothing to repair. The part failed at about 60,000 miles. The dealer I use is excellent "Lee's Summit" Nissan. I would have no qualms with purchasing a Nissan again. This car is a great car and I plan to drive it until it can go no more.
    Visitor, Woodstown, NJ, October 07, 2013 15:08
    I was living on cloud nine with my 2005 Altima I was thinking I would probably replace it with another when the time came. However, at 41,000 miles my alternator failed. Left me stranded. To replace it was $718.15. Not happy about that. Garage kept, no dents, and only 41,000 being an 8 years old and I have to put out that kind of money burned me up. Not sure what to do now because I don't know why a part like that failed. 10/07/13
    Visitor, Memphis, TN, August 06, 2013 18:18
    I have a 2005 Nissan Altima. I have nothing but good things to say about Nissan. My Altima runs perfectly. With minor problems. My check engine light comes on occasionally, but other than that there is not anything wrong with my car :)
    Visitor, Ferriday, LA, July 13, 2013 18:05
    I owned my most reliable and well built 2007 Altima 2.5 SL since June 2007. The dealership i purchased my little six year old daughter from Leglue Nissan in Alexandria LA was a great experienced still own this car. This is my baby i love this car with all my heart don't know what i do without her. Never had any problems at all thanks to God for letting it serve me well after six years i won't be getting another vehicle anytime soon after she looks like flintstone car and says Yeba Delba Doooooo!!!!!. This little Altima is comfortable and very smooth ride on the roads after six years still looks great just liked rode off assembly line. Done oil changes and maintenance at my dealer like supposed to serviced at still a great car with low mileage on odometer. Everything is easy to control from power/windows, doors, seats, mirrors. Its very sporty and very beautiful car i love love love my Altima this is my child for right she's part of the family and i hope she last me PRAY TO GOD much longer than my old 97 Altima or even longer. Nissan is a great car brand my cousin owned two from the 80s he never had one major problem out of his they been the best like ours now driving a 2012 Maxima its reliable too. Thanks Nissan that is why i love your product.
    Visitor, Gold Hill, NC, June 09, 2013 15:41
    I have never owned a car before that had so many issues until I got my Altima. We have replaced all 4 wheel bearings, we have replaced the top catalytic converter, we have replaced the air compressor, we have replaced the a/c lines, the vehicle burns through brakes, we have replaced two oxygen sensors the camshaft sensor, the buttons on the radio quit working so we had to replace the radio, we have replaced all the shocks and struts. This car has been a never-ending hassle. This was my first Nissan and it will surely be my last. its like as soon as we get one problem fixed something else breaks. I feel like I have bought my car twice. unless you're in the mood to blow some money then buying a Nissan is not the way to go.
    Visitor, Yuma, AZ, April 29, 2013 12:01
    Just hit 125,000 miles, and I must admit I am very satisfied. The Altima was purchased used in 2008, don't remember the mileage at the time. We have had zero problems with this car. The only maintenance done has been fluid changes. The car operates flawlessly. Handling is starting to get a little on the sloppy side (going to be fixing that real soon.), but considering the mileage that makes sense. We have driven this vehicle all over the country and had no issues. Absolutely love the 2007 Nissan Altima.
    hanin sanjad, Bayamon, PR, March 27, 2013 11:50
    hi. we have a nissan altima car,american system,having a troubleshoot in the immobolizer,we are unable to program it,so how can we cancel its work?
    Visitor, Foxworth, MS, January 09, 2013 10:48
    I bought this car new in 2006 and it burns as much oil as my 1995 Nissan pickup and it has 450,000 miles on it. I was notified that it was built with bad rings in the engine about a week after we bought the car. It uses about 2 quarts between oil changes. It only has 120,000 miles on it. I will never buy another Nissian Altima. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Beware of Nissans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Visitor, Sand Springs, OK, December 10, 2012 17:29
    This has been the worse car as far as maintenace i've ever owned.I feel like i've paided for it twice.Can't wait to trade in in!( Brakes,motor mount,struts,lifter,air conditioner,throttle body sensor,ect!!!!!!!!!!!
    Visitor, Hudson, FL, November 06, 2012 15:24
    Have had this car for one yr now (2.5), just took it on a 6 hr trip with 5 people,luggage,etc. Car was flawless, drove 360 miles on less than one tank of gas! Very respectable, especially with all the added weight.
  • 2009 Nissan Altima
    Visitor, Chicago, IL, October 25, 2012 10:44
    I am having problems starting my car. I press the brake and press the start button but nothing. The intelligent warning light is on and the radio dont even come on. Do anyone know how to get it started before I take it to the shop and get charged $1,000 for it?
    Visitor, Parkton, MD, October 10, 2012 20:38
    65,000 miles on the car..mostly highway driving in its car life. Just replaced tires at 63K, triet to stretch the origional conti tires to 70,000 but not quite. Ifnition stop switch bad at 38,000 miles, I hear this is a common problem. Habe a 4 dr. and the rear weather striping has been bad t/o the life of the vehicle, the center glove box is loose and had benn since 35, 000 miles. Hgwy gas mileage is 32 plus and combined usually 0ver 25 mpg up to 29 mpg. Hoping to get reliability from here to 200K miles...hope that's not a pipe dream, as its my first Nissan experience. Oil has been changed every 3-6.5 K miles and will continue on this schedule, bassically by season and not milage. Oh, yes Serpentine Belt at 62,000 mi. and it needed replcing w/divots missing and dry rot cracking noted on origional belt. Hope timing belt does well.
    Visitor, Marlboro, NJ, September 27, 2012 08:05
    The 2012 20th anniversay edition is The Best car on the midsize sedan market today. Value second to none. Suspension could be upgraded.
    Visitor, Stockton, CA, July 24, 2012 21:08
    My black GXE model has 245,000 miles and still going strong. Have recently replaced items such as inner and outer tie rod ends, lower control arms, cv joints and front struts but am confident I'll get another 100,000 miles out of her. Price of replacing parts is worth it. 27-28 miles per gallon. Strong 2.4 liter engine. I love this car!
    Visitor, Roanoke, VA, July 09, 2012 10:08
    I have a 2006 Nissan Altima and my gear shift gets stuck frim time to time, here recently it got stuck and I forced the gear shift into to drive, the next day when I got in it to drive to work, it wont shift into R, N, or D. My vehicle is stuck in park when the gear shift moves to Drive, what could cause this and how can I get it fixed.
    Visitor, La Porte, TX, June 16, 2012 17:39
    Our 2002 Altima was recently repaired for white smoke from exhaust - replaced the valve guides(1800$). After getting the car back we found the radiator was cracked at the top, but not before our daughter let it overheat. Repaired and cleaned the radiator. And realized we were 2 quarts low on oil after only 150 miles from the initial repair and oil change. Original mechanic put in a valve cleaner and said to run it about 500 miles. The car used 8 quarts of oil on that trip and black smoke started from exhaust. Now the mechanic says he gives up, can't figure what is wrong. Any ideas.
    Visitor, Indianola, IA, June 13, 2012 17:09
    Nice car for the money, Does'nt like cross winds of 30mph plus.
    annwe, Ambler, PA, May 19, 2012 06:23
    1995 nissan altima losing power hard to steer make noise
    Visitor, Colts Neck, NJ, April 19, 2012 21:09
    I've had my 2002 Nissan Altima for about 2 years now, and I haven't had any mechanical prob until now. I have been feeling bumpy vibration under my car, and then it shut off on me and all of the lights on my dash board came on. Someone told me it could be a bad fuel injector, then someone else told me that it could be that my timing chain needs to be replaced. I'm not sure of what it is, but i could use some input on this.
    Visitor, Portland, OR, February 25, 2012 15:27
    I had my 02 Nissan Altima for about a month and a half now and for some odd reason the battery light went on but the car still runs though. everything work but when i step on the gas it doesn't move at all. so i bought a battery figuring that will fix the problem but it didn't. So i called around a few places and they told me that it could be the fuel pump or the fuel injectors could be dirty or not working at all. AutoZone told me it could be the computer chip could have went out too. i dont know what it may be that would be my guess if something could be in the tank and the engine isn't getting enough gas to move at all. So please write me or comment about this story and tell me what you think the issue would be.
    Visitor, Slidell, LA, February 05, 2012 19:30
    Very Hard to pump gas in tank, it will kick back on your shoes, arms, ground etc. You have to pump gas Real Slow..I hate it. Even had a Mechanic try once and he couldn't do it. He doesn't know what it could be. I found someone in the neighborhood with the same car and the same problem.
    Visitor, Guaynabo, PR, January 26, 2012 08:47
    is there is any need to change the timing chain my car walk 60000 km
    Visitor, San Angelo, TX, December 24, 2011 14:39
    Driving home yesterday, as folks sometimes do, I had my hand resting on the spoke of the steering wheel as I turned it. Much to my surprise, and pain, I found the tip of my finger pinched in a screw hole recess in the steering wheel mount. This could have been avoided, of course, had I not done as I have done for over 40 years and rested my hand on the spoke of the steering wheel of the car I happen to be driving. It could also have been avoided by Nissan simply putting a plug in the screw hole recess. As it turned out, I was able to quick turn the wheel and release my finger before I lost the finger tip. Please do not misunderstand. In may ways, the 2010 Altima is a fine car. It offers adequate power for city driving, and excellent passing acceleration on the highway. Its interior is well appointed even at base level. And, the body fit and finish is good. However, it does have a problem with the starter button interlock sometimes malfunctioning without warning or explanation and preventing a start of the car. And, the brakes have begun to squeal at just over 26k miles. The A/C vents in the center dash cannot be closed. The windshield wipers insist on sweeping even when off after the driver applies washer fluid, which keeps the fluid from soaking into bug smears. But, almost losing my finger tip was a real surprise, and has really lessened my pleasure in owning this auto.
    Visitor, Richmond, VA, December 14, 2011 15:18
    I am having issues with my car, I replaced distributor last year along with plugs and wires and fuel filter. Its been exactly one year and my car is having the same issues as last year except this year I checked all that has been replaced and none of it is bad. I am at a loss to whats wrong with my car, my husband seems to think its the transmission. I seem to think its the catalyst converter. It idles rough and acts like it wants to cut off as I am starting up to speed from stop lights or quick stops and start back to getting up to speed or going up hill. I need some advice or help. I haven't driven my car in a couple of days cause it just recently started smelling like it was running hot. ugh. ANy suggestions its a 94 with only 85,000 miles my parents gave it to me several christmas ago I really need to keep it going. Nissan ALtima gxe automatic. thanks for any help you can give.
    Visitor, Benton, KY, December 05, 2011 07:52
    Bought this 99 new ,now have 221,000 miles and very,very minor repair. 25-30 miles per gallion. Tough little car. Dealer said keep driving till the timing chain broke, said it had a truck engine in it from factory.
    Visitor, Newburgh, NY, September 19, 2011 10:56
    I bought my car at Nissan. Nissan altima 2002 located in newburgh ny 12550. The first day i took it home it smell like something burning. The check engine went on the second day. Nissan told me it was the gas tank being dirty thats why the light went on. They supposely fixed it. The next day the same thing engine light came on and Nissan said they will fix it. I picked up the vehicle no engine light for 2 weeks,then it happened again. I took my car back to Nissan and I told them to please take the car back and they said no. Ever since I have been just paying out of pocket thousands of dollars just to keep up with this vehicle. Someone from Nissan explain to me that the 2002 Nissan Altima engines from the year 2002 for these models were an experiment and that Nissan knows about it. Its a shame because I believe there are other people like myself out in the world with the 2002 Nissan Altima and have experience many problems with their car.
    Visitor, Lithonia, GA, September 10, 2011 13:07
    I got my 99 Altima from a auction 186,000 for 1400.00 runs excellent i had to replace the egr value $8.00 easy two screws only love this car
    Visitor, Saint Petersburg, FL, August 31, 2011 09:49
    2005 Nissan Altima compressor went. Car has 80k miles. Not a cheap job! Had many cars exceeding 100k mls and never had a/c problems. Read alot of problems with Nissan Altima compressor's not only 2005 models. Also, dashboard melts in the sun. Whole cover behind the steering wheel just uplifted and got warped. i don't think I would ever buy another Nissan. One of my most least favorite cars.
    Visitor, Palmdale, CA, August 24, 2011 12:46
    2003 Altima 3.5L SE V6 - catalytic converter went out at about 100K and got sucked up into engine resulting in later engine failure. Cost $7K to replace engine. This is common with the 2.5 4-banger so what happened to me? Also, before engine began to fail I had a rattling noise in the engine which turned out to be the timing belt tensioner. I wasted $2K getting this repaired on what later became a failed engine. Why didn't Nissan notice failed engine when working on tensioner?
    Visitor, Germantown, MD, August 21, 2011 08:05
    Very reliable. A few minor things but engine and transmission have been very reliable. I am at 165K. One common problem on this car is intake manifold gasket. When it fails, car idle rough at stop sings. Part is cheap but labor is high like $400 or more but this was the only expensive repair so I think I can live with it. Very low cost to maintain. Also fairly easy to work on for DIY people. I bought it new and I really want to see how long it will last. I think it will be a good used car to buy if you can find one. A little smller than most other midsize but bigger than compact cars.
    Visitor, Newton, MS, August 09, 2011 20:23
    Best car every made, bought it new in 2003 with 80 miles now 8 years later has 340,000 miles and still going strong. I am a commuter and drive this car approx an 1hr 1/2 each way 5 days a week. Only problem is some transmission slipping, but as long she cranks we're rolling. :) Love, Love this car....
  • 1993 Nissan Altima
    Visitor, Fort Myers, FL, August 01, 2011 19:27
    Bought my 93 Altima 8/2001 had 89,000 miles at the time. Now 10 years later 303,000 miles and running strong. Dig this 5 speed with original clutch. Great car
    Visitor, Brooklyn, NY, July 24, 2011 23:28
    inherited my 2003 2.5 altima with 30k on it. one of my sensors went bad at about 57k. other than that there were no other problems. this car has good power, even off the line, for a four cylindar. it handles extremely well,feels solid, and has very a good braking distance. the interior is roomy and comfortable.the exterior is pleasing to the eyes,looking more german than japanese in its styling. So, far I love this car.
    Visitor, Revere, MA, June 27, 2011 09:42
    Within the first year I replaced the radiator. Then... I replaced the battery, a steering rack, wheel hub, alternator, big belt, lost track of the number of break jobs including entire rear brakes with the calipers and all that goes into it ( and I am a highway, long distance driver with minimal breaking) The car's alignment is never quite right. The rims are a joke. One had to be reconstructed and another had 2 massive metal failures that I have never seen on any rim.
    Visitor, Rockford, IL, June 01, 2011 14:19
    Great mid-sized car giving exceptional fuel mileage. Great styling with plenty of creature comforts. Excellent 360 degree visability through windows. Seats are very comfortable for large passengers (I am 6'0" and 285 lbs). Comfortable ride, but a ride comfort is highly dependent on tires (I replaced OEM Goodyear tires with new Firestones). Vehicle does not handle well in high crosswinds at highway speeds. Needs sturdier suspension.
    dcg129, Mechanicsburg, PA, February 04, 2011 06:44
    Good overall running car with normal issues if you buy quality oils and Brake parts it lasts. Dealers are dealers, by now we know how to deal with them too. Tested Mobil 1 5w30 syn and oil filter after every 10K. It was still all good for another 2k or more. Drain Transmission fluid one gal and replace, Transmission will run like butter forever. Buy or have installed quality Brake rotors and pads will go 35 to 45K vs the cheeper quality. Cold air intake got 1 mpg extra and only have to clean every 15K. Quality tires at 42 lbs gives me 31 to 33 mpg Hyw. only repalced 1 O2 sensor so far. Belts and anti-freez change keep water pump lubed and no noise from alternator at 50K. Must change plugs at 60K waited until 75K and it ran poorly for months, now it is smooth as when new. use NKG platnium
    bayard toll, Petaluma, CA, January 27, 2011 10:50
    This car has worked amazingly well with minimal maintenance and I just love my car. The only thing is that the car gets between 20-24 miles to the gallon.
    Visitor, San Luis Obispo, CA, December 28, 2010 18:00
    me gusta mi nissan altima es comodo facil de reparar no gasta mucha gasolina es lo mejor de todos los carros
    Visitor, Yorktown Heights, NY, December 28, 2010 08:23
    Bought new in Dec 1998. Have 153K miles on it. The only problem I had was alternator and brakes.
    Sarava5, Saint Petersburg, FL, December 10, 2010 20:06
    I love my Nissan Altima! Due to extreme wear and tear caused by myself through its "so far" ten year life span, I've had a few usual 120k mile issues but nothing that's caused me to want another car. Built to last, this Altima will stay with me till the day it dies and I have a feeling it'll be my 15-month-old daughter's first car! Its been through hell and back, literally, but I am very happy with my 2000 Nissan Altima!
    Visitor, Blandon, PA, November 14, 2010 16:01
    Really loving this car! A wonderful, comfortable ride, and absolutely amazing mpg!
    Visitor, Warrington, PA, October 24, 2010 14:21
    great car well worth the price. Enjoying it. Giving to gtrandson as his first car. Will last years. The paint on spoiler is chipping. The rest of the car looks greate
    Visitor, Middletown, NY, October 12, 2010 14:45
    Drove it off the lot with 85 miles on it. Now looking forward to turning a very confident 300,000 miles by the end of the year. Minor brake issues that I have worked with over the years (burned through two sets of pads for the rear in a year, while only three sets for the front in 13 years of ownership). The best was replacing the clutch at approx. 175,000 miles, not heard of in many cars. Been through four exhaust systems (fore/aft of catalytic converter) and only on second cat. converter at this time. Now it's down to one windshield wiper (transmission broke to driver's side), one fixed setting for intermittent wipers, no radio antenna (my fault), and a rust hole on front passenger fender from aftermarket replacement. Still driven every day either 120 miles to NJ or 80 miles across state for work related travel. First turn of the key and it's ready to keep going.
    Visitor, Dallas, TX, October 03, 2010 09:36
    I'm considering a 2005 altima from a honda dealership, but it has 163,000 miles on it. The previous owner only had maintenance check-ups. No big accidents, just lots of highway driving. Would it be work 6 thou?
    Visitor, Chula Vista, CA, September 19, 2010 12:27
    1994 Nissan Altima GLE - Love my car. Only major thing I've had to deal with, was replacing the alternator 2 years ago. had problems with power windows getting stuck and those were easily fixed. now am needing to get transmission flushed and refilled. Starting to experience sluggishness when shifting gears (automatic) and they jump when shifting to proper gear. Mostly when shifting into Drive. Feels like you're in 2nd gear and then shifts into Drive. Otherwise, keep oil changes on schedule and no probloems. Car has 70,000 miles on it Best car I've ever owned and would buy another.. .
    wallybob, New Port Richey, FL, September 07, 2010 15:04
    I would like to know why my 2008 Altima , gayge might read range 200 miles and I drive 5 miles and it then reads 185 does that make sense?
    Visitor, Portage, IN, September 06, 2010 04:12
    Generally an ok car. Problems I've had are that 3 out of 4 power windows failed. Needed to have the air intake manifold gasket replaced at 65K ($700.00)
    Visitor, Rancho Cucamonga, CA, August 06, 2010 11:34
    Nissan is a lousy company when it comes to treatment of its customers and build of their product.
    guity, Marrero, LA, August 03, 2010 22:50
    I enjoy my nissan, the only problem sometime won't start the first time i started, the brakes making noise when i brake or back up.
    Visitor, Layton, UT, July 30, 2010 19:56
    Bought my 1999 Altima in 2005 with 79,000 miles on it. The RH CV axle needed to be replaced when I bought it. Then the Mass Airflow Sensor ($350) went out at 95,000 miles. The Left Hand CV Joint went out at 100,000, and now the engine has developed a vacuum leak ($400 to repair)--even though it has the aluminum and not the flimsy plastic intake manifold. Plus, I only get 27-28 mpg on the freeway with moderate driving... Nissans HAD a good reputation. I've owned a couple Datsun/Nissans in the past and they were decent, but this vehicle has really soured me on them.
    Visitor, Bellmore, NY, July 28, 2010 20:03
    I just had a baby and I needed a new car. Something in a 4 door and fast!!! After doing extensive research and adding a few mods I had the ultimate sleeper. It was December 2003 and I went and bought my first new car, a 2004 Altima 3.5 SE. On the ride home I was very dissapointed with the handling so the very first thing I did was install heavy duty front & rear sway bars and that did the trick. And now it handles like it's on rails. Then came the mods. A cold air intake, an underdrive pulley and a down pipe. In total roughly $800 spent and installed everything myself. Whenever my child wasn't in the car I was racing everyone and wound up beating the snot out of the car for 2 years finally blowing the transmission at 22K. Switched the intake back to the stock one and ran it through warranty no problem. After all the abuse the car is still all original otherwise with 155K. I do all tghe work myself in my driveway and here's a list of what I did and what went wrong with the car. The drivers side window regulator went bad, got one at the boneyard for $100 and put that in. Did the brakes roughly every 40K costing $150 rotors and all. Oil is changed every 3K of course. Had the winshield replaced 3 times costing $175. And just recently replaced the mesh pipe in the exaust costing $50. I haven't done any other maintainence other than an air filter twice. The car still runs strong but a major problem is starting to develop. When I bought the car a was happy to learn that it had a steel timing chain instead of a belt that had to be changed every 60K. The rails that guide the chain are worn down to metal and the timing chain is jingilling away making a ton of rattalling noise. The replacement parts alone total around $650 and the labor is intensive and I'm probably looking at $400-$500 in labor using a friend. I won't let myself put this kind of money into a motor that has 155K on it so I planned the next big thing. I called my junkyard friend who had a motor with 94K and he wanted $400 for it. Sold!!! They're storing it for me till I need it. So now it's 200K or bust jingilling all the way! Let's just hope I'm not to far away from home if the chain lets loose. However to this point I'm still very very happy with my Altima.
    Visitor, Franklin Lakes, NJ, July 20, 2010 07:28
    This car has such potential. I do a lot of highway driving with this car in all weather conditions since I live in the North East, New York City, and went to school in south western ohio. A 670 mile trip each way. While the car is a dream on the highway averaging over 30 MPG at an average of 75-85 MPH and is extremely smooth, there are some problems with the design of the car. At some point during the winter, a rock flew through my unprotected AC condensor at the front of the car. This is not under warranty for some reason, even though almost all other vehicles have their intercooler/AC condensers protected by a metal mesh. Since my AC has broken, I have driven from Cincinatti to Tennessee, Chicago, Cleveland, New Jersey and so on in the 90+ degree heat. I did some research and the part is only $135, but 2 Nissan dealerships want to charge me upwards of $500. While I understand that the part is not under warranty, atleast cut me a break. Even $100 dollars would help and instead of telling everyone not to buy or lease any Nissan, I would still reccommend the car to others. Now, I refuse to EVER own another Nissan. All one dealer had to do was help me out a bit and that 370z, the z being the car I have wanted for 7 years already (I wanted a 350z until the 370 came out.) would be purchased through them. Now that 370 will be a Mustang GT. Poor customer service and a design flaw which dealers refuse to acknowledge makes an otherwise great car an easy pass. There is to much competition in the $20k 4 door sedans to have even a minor flaw. Get a Ford tarus.
    Visitor, Mobile, AL, July 11, 2010 17:15
    I have 2003 Altima with 90,000 miles.All the sensors are going bad or something the dealer told me. Replace the vec. sensor and the speed sensor and it is dtill messed up.I ws told now do the ECM and TCM whatever that is now. Will not buy another one!
    Visitor, Baton Rouge, LA, June 18, 2010 18:12
    My 1999 Altima "Kharisma" is the best, wouldnt trade her in for the world. I have 155k miles and she still going strong.No major work except changing the alternator and the starter, but with good maintenence and TLC and she will be around for a long time!!!
    Visitor, Meridian, ID, May 20, 2010 20:09
    Have owned my Altima since it was new and it has proven to be a great car for the money. General repairs until this year when the car finally hit 100,000 miles and needed to change the struts and tie rod ends. Brakes have had problems periodically.
    Visitor, Sterling, VA, May 06, 2010 13:41
    I've been very happy with my 2005 Altima. The only issue is that it seems to go through brake pads quickly. The 3.5 engine can keep up with any situation.
    Visitor, Milwaukee, WI, May 05, 2010 11:44
    my altima has 228k on it and runs near perfect too. the o nly problem is the transmission has a tendancy to shift hard when cold into second but other than that it still drives like a dream.
    Visitor, Hopkins, MN, April 27, 2010 08:35
    Have been driving this beauty for five years and 100,000 miles. It has 133,000 miles now. Never gave me any major problems yet. I hope to drive this till it reaches 200,000. The only issue I have is the brakes wear of very easily (maybe because of my bad driving habits). I have been changing its oil on time and making sure all 30,000 services are done on time. Take care of this sucker and this sucker will take care of you!
    Visitor, Decatur, GA, April 22, 2010 11:35
    love my Altima - very dependable
    sunshinemcg, New Haven, KY, April 12, 2010 17:03
    I purchased this car from someone that had not maintained it very well. I've spent well over $1000 already and have just started having serious issues with it idling and accelerating. Overall, I think it's a great, dependable car if you keep up with all the maintenance an older car requires.
    RepairMan3000GT, Dungannon, VA, April 10, 2010 01:19
    Hi Guys. I bought 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5S with sunroof in 2007 October. The car is good but has given me alot of problems.. 50K the gearbox CVT gave up on me then the strut front kit. then the sunroof assembly was changed twice Speedometer has been changed once becus of faulty handbrake sing and its LED speedometer so u cant even change single bulb. The steering started making squeeking sound while turning, so the company changed steering rack. Basically if you ask me, the car when you hit gas, it sounds like a LOUD FOOD GRINDER because of the CVT transmission.. ONE SAME PITCH till car reaches 200km/hr. lol Also the interior they said it wood finished.. but when i recieved the car, i saw these little tiny places where wood finishing it, doors and little bit of dash.. and i was like "what the... thats all?!! " HONDA has better wood finishing from inside. Neways, i wouldnt buy Nissan Altima again... It has given be loads of problems...
    wifeshandmedown, Billings, MO, April 03, 2010 16:33
    I bought my Altima 2.5 SL new in 2005 and have only put a new battery in it. I'm having a problem with the TCM sensor but besides these minor things I absolutely love the car and plan on driving it till the wheels fall off!
    theloft, Menifee, CA, February 15, 2010 16:45
    I have the SE-R version and this car rocks. The on-limit governor is a bit annoying but the handling and steering is great and acceleration is awesome!
    Meat, Burlington, NJ, January 29, 2010 09:49
    Bought the car new and still have it today. I bought the 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warrantee when I bought the car and never missed a service. The car now has 147,000 miles on it and, add a few road chips, looks like it did when I 1st bought it. I cannot reccomend the Bumper to bumper warrentee enough !! I'll never buy a car without it. I notice the slightest difference and ask the mechanic and it gets looked at. Most times it is not a problem, but at least I get peace of mind. If something is wrong the dealership fixes it right away. AWESOME !! At 94,000 miles they replaced the engine.. Something about a cracked cylinder wall. I read up on it and it is like super rare.. lucky me.. but at least I was covered.. not one dime from my pocket and I got a new engine.
    hhotchaz, Mesa, AZ, April 11, 2009 16:23
    With 56000 miles on the odometer only repairs and complaint is on excessive brake wear and brake pads that insist on squealing even when newly replaced. Dealer insists squealing is normal.
    Route303, Valley Cottage, NY, March 24, 2009 08:09
    This car can go many miles with proper care.
    ambonito, Brunswick, GA, February 15, 2009 19:53
    I loved this car but I had several front disc brake jobs and they still made noise and I got fed up with it so I traded it for a new vehicle. It had great pep and handling.
    hahn1200, Roswell, GA, January 06, 2009 13:26
    Bought my 2006 Altima and suffered thru the initial scare that I had a BUM engine. However, it turned out my engine was not one of the bad ones built in Feb/Mar of 2006 in Tennessee. Have had no problems with this car after 41000 - Am averaging over 30 on hwy trips. My only knock on the Nissan is the configuration of the trunk. Can be awkward to pack with golf clubs.
    j.nevels, Tuscaloosa, AL, January 02, 2009 16:11
    this is the best altima 2.5sl i ever had faster than my 2004 altima 2.5sl more reliable too.no more engine problem i hope so.so far so good.
    matte, Richardson, TX, December 14, 2008 15:25
    Indomitable! The Nissan Altima just would not die. The engine has been no problems, the interior and radio are still working just great. No problems. Really reliable and low maintenance prices.
    123BillMe, Brocton, NY, December 02, 2008 08:36
    The car has been good to me. I bought it Oct. 2001 as a brand new 2002. It has 195,000 miles and running well. Original exhaust. Just now having to put money into it other then maintenance. My last Altima (1996) had 240,000 miles on it before it died.
    BETO, Dana Point, CA, November 23, 2008 21:37
    It a great family car. Also it make a great racing car if it manual transmission. Ha ha ha
    noonien, Surprise, AZ, October 27, 2008 11:41
    My '98 Nissan has 160,000 miles. I get 28 - 33 MPG. The A/C blows hard and cold. This car just does not stop. I've only had one major repair in 7 years of owning it. I replaced the clutch. everything else has been minor. I love this car.
    Tismo, Louisville, KY, October 22, 2008 17:19
    Nice car over all.
  • 1996 Nissan Altima
    Lela1203, Las Vegas, NV, October 16, 2008 13:20
    GOOD TRANSPORTACION
    DADDANBOUDREAU, Chicago, IL, October 12, 2008 13:46
    I have over 100,000 miles on my car and the only thing I have spent money on is every day wear and tear items example, brakes, tires, tune ups. Overall, I would rate this car a 5 STAR Rating. Definently would buy another Altima. I am very satisfied. Still runs very well, body is still in excellent shape.
    starsire79, Nampa, ID, August 22, 2008 12:23
    solid cars exhaust aways a problem on nissan's they tend to rust out brakes wear quick too