» Lexus

Reviews for 34 Lexus models:

Lexus Reviews and Owner Comments

Lexus Owner Reviews (34 reviews)
    Lexus Lexus ES300 Owner Reviews (see 46 reviews)
  • 1992 Lexus ES300
    Visitor, Bremerton, WA, April 19, 2014 08:09
    i would like to know why this car has a problems with hard shifting that being an automatic
  • Lexus Lexus LS400 Owner Reviews (see 29 reviews)
  • 1997 Lexus LS400
    Visitor, San Jose, CA, July 25, 2013 22:25
    Update to my previous review Visitor, San Jose, CA, October 30, 2011 13:44 298,500 miles and rising. Original engine and transmission. I just changed the timing belt again (interference engine) and I had to have the crankshaft pulley replaced. Bummer - Still running strong though. I have to milk it though as I just purchased cars for my Wonderful wife and two kids. I recently changed to a high mileage motor oil mixed with Lucas oil stabilizer. I changed because the valves were starting to make a little noise and the extra viscosity helped a bit. I am changing back to a full synthetic (probably Mobil 1) along with the Lucas. This is an excellent combination for this car. I am hoping that I can milk it to 350,000 - 400,000 miles, but wow that is scary. I may have to have the valves tightened up. I would love to do it myself, but 32 valves is a lot of valves ! Good Luck - if you can find a 1997 Lexus LS 400 with low miles and a great price, I say "Go for it" !
  • Lexus Lexus GS300 Owner Reviews (see 25 reviews)
  • 2000 Lexus GS300
    Visitor, San Antonio, TX, January 17, 2014 07:21
    i bought 2000 lexus runs for one min. then i drive iit for 1 min. then turns off then put it park then take off key then turns on again same thing again and again can some tell me whats wrong
  • Lexus Lexus RX300 Owner Reviews (see 25 reviews)
  • 1999 Lexus RX300
    mxcdge, Jamestown, NC, March 14, 2014 09:13
    Bought new in 1999 and as of 3/14/2014 we have 82,000 miles on the car. We bought it to take on trips and maintained the car and it looks great inside and out. Several months ago blue smoke poured out the exhaust and finally had somebody tell me the truth about the problem. I have a sludged engine and they say it is due to infrequent oil changes. Well 27 oil changes in 82,000 miles might have been the issue but it looks like folks that had excellent maintenance records still had a sludged engine. I have an offer for 3,000 bucks and will send this japanese marvel off with a one finger salute.....Great car up until this time but not real happy with the end result.....
  • Lexus Lexus LS430 Owner Reviews (see 16 reviews)
  • 2005 Lexus LS430
    Visitor, Goleta, CA, March 07, 2014 16:22
    Needed in 2013, (bought used 2010), Rocker arm bushings replaced, front shocks, brakes (at 60K miles), both front door lock mechanisms. I have a warranty from GM when purchasing car at Mountainview Chevy, which I thought was a waste, but not anymore. Paid $4600 for warranty, already got back $3500 worth of service. Don't get breaks done at dealer, it's half price elsewhere and true Lexus break pads are not extra expensive compared to standard oem parts.
  • Lexus Lexus SC400 Owner Reviews (see 16 reviews)
  • 1996 Lexus SC400
    jane bond, Fort Lauderdale, FL, October 06, 2013 08:30
    This awesome car was a gift from a fellow at our church. I am a senior and need help a nd advice thank you.
  • Lexus Lexus IS300 Owner Reviews (see 12 reviews)
  • 2002 Lexus IS300
    ejhayD808, Honolulu, HI, April 20, 2014 12:07
    is it normal that your car is hot inside like air coming out underneath the pedal and the dash?
  • Lexus Lexus SC430 Owner Reviews (see 11 reviews)
  • 2002 Lexus SC430
    Visitor, Olathe, KS, November 03, 2013 06:29
    This is a luxury convertible coupe that could be confused with a sports car if it weren't for its heavy chassis and sedan-like handling. Nevertheless it is a joy to drive and in my experience has been very reliable. Drivetrain is very smooth and powerful considering the chassis weight. It has a 5-speed automatic transmission that shifts smoothly and precisely. The materials used in both the exterior and interior are second to none and the fit and finish are superb. Cost of ownership is probably a little higher than average but there is nothing about a Lexus that's cheap. There is some brake caliper noise (clunking) when reversing that seems out of line with a luxury car but overall the brakes perform well.
  • Lexus Lexus ES330 Owner Reviews (see 11 reviews)
  • 2004 Lexus ES330
    Visitor, Placentia, CA, April 03, 2014 23:46
    Bought my 04 ES330 in 2010...only has 114,000 miles. tired of the transmission issue...jerk-lack of power-slow shifting...am told there is no adjustment for this issue....sad
  • Lexus Lexus ES350 Owner Reviews (see 11 reviews)
  • 2009 Lexus ES350
    Visitor, Midlothian, VA, July 09, 2012 15:30
    I absolutely love my Lexus ES350! I had driven nothing but the S-Series Mercedes Benz for 15 years, and never wanted anything other than a Mercedes again. When the last one needed over $7000 in repairs (replacement of all vacuum pumps, air conditioning compressor, brakes and rotors, and the head gasket), my husband was not happy about buying another Mercedes. He encouraged me to at least drive and consider other cars of similar quality. I drove, but did not like at all, the Volvo's, Cadillac's, BMW's, Audi's, Acura's, Jaguar's. and Lincoln's. When I reluctantly drove the Lexus ES350, and just fell in love with it! As quiet and comfortable a ride as the Mercedes, the Lexus was also every bit as roomy. The driver and passenger seats are multi-positional with power settings and lumbar support, memory settings, and are both heated AND cooled! The interior boasted every luxury I was accustomed to, with its plush leather seats and real wood trim, along with perfect cabin lighting, a deep and roomy glove box, and much better center console with a power outlet inside. The steering wheel mounted controls for the navigation, bluetooth telephone system, cd player, ipod and radio are just where they need to be. The trunk is smaller - but not enough to matter. The size and comfort of the back seat won approval from my adult sons, AND my husband! Although I am no speed demon, the Lexus moves with confidence and speed when necessary to "punch it" - better than the Mercedes. And it is a beautiful car - sleek and stylish with a hint of sportiness, while retaining the look of a Class Luxury Sedan. I have known others who drove a Lexus on a business trip, vacation, etc., and returned home to replace their car with one - and I now understand exactly why. The Lexus ES350 is an amazing car, and I love it!
  • Lexus Lexus RX330 Owner Reviews (see 10 reviews)
  • 2005 Lexus RX330
    Visitor, Saint Paul, MN, September 04, 2013 13:50
    I have had a LOT of problems with my RX330. The front differential went out at 80,000 miles. The bill was $2500. The rack and pinion ($1000)and radiator ($650) needed to be replaced at 95,0000 miles. I have had problems with the wheels. My tires leak in the winter even with Nitrogen added. I changed tires 3 times on the car and nothing seems to work. This is my 3rd Lexus and I am really unhappy with this one.
  • Lexus Lexus GX470 Owner Reviews (see 9 reviews)
  • 2005 Lexus GX470
    Visitor, Austin, TX, June 17, 2013 06:29
    I HAVE A 2005 GX 470 WITH A CRACKED DASH
  • Lexus Lexus GS400 Owner Reviews (see 8 reviews)
  • 1998 Lexus GS400
    Visitor, Fort Lauderdale, FL, April 18, 2014 09:15
    I am a sales associate at a pre-owned car dealership that sells all makes & models. I am extremely happy with my 1998 gs400, it has 150k mls. now & engine purrs like a kitten, or I can also make it sound like a tiger depending how I'm driving. Very good gas milage for a V8, I am convinced it's simply one of the very best cars ever made & it still looks better than most new sport sedans made today.
  • Lexus Lexus IS250 Owner Reviews (see 8 reviews)
  • 2006 Lexus IS250
    Visitor, Thousand Oaks, CA, August 28, 2013 19:25
    I purchased a 2006 lexus is 250 F sport in 2010 with about 40k on it. The day I saw it at the dealer it was marked 24,999 and I test drove it .I was very pleased with the trip tronic 6 speed auto trans , heated and cooled seats ,the home link standard {for opening garage doors } and the auto dim mirrors but told the dealer who I had bought 3 previous cars from that it was to much and left . Later that week I received a suprising call , Barry from thousand oaks Honda call me personally and said ill let you have the car for what we paid , of course I asked how much and had seen the car fax .16,600 So I bought it that day and am just hitting 70k on it today 8/28/13 Mods, and work done include : NGK ir. plugs with driver side plentum gasket . Trans fluid flush with gun and thermostat 25 quarts run thru . came out nice just pull the side "fill plug " and release the drain plug when full each time . done about 13 times for 120$ . Purchased and installed eibach pro springs and fully adj. upper control arms so it doesn't wear inside or out {stock ride hight always wears out the outside of the tires from 06 -08 replaced heater control with full nav and climate control retaining 6disc F sport cold air intake F sport exhaust F sport front and rear sway bars cusco strut tower bar {works great non adjustable perfect welds which make for such great turns also HID headlights and foglights {oem color 4300k} Iam 35 turning 36 September and don't really drive this car hard at all ,yes occasionally ill push it to 6200 rpm and paddle shift but mostly I drive norm and keep it on econ /norm power . I only changed the brakes 1 time and swapped them with drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads 250 for the package and they are at 90 % today . I have it at the dealer finally taking care of the trunk latch recall and wiper recall and to make sure there are no problems and so far they had it all day and I showed them the notice of 5 items to check and all test positive {they were kind enough to put me in a new gs 2014 while they do this for free } and are keeping it 1 more day to see if they can get it to act up ... In closing : This is a very well built car ,real wood trim , great gas milage w/ F sport intake and exhaust upgrades I noticed about 4mpg difference so freeway I get 32 to 35 and city anywhere from 19 to 25 Also it is completely made /assembled in 1 place Japan and sent here all Cars that are made in 1 place tend to stand the test of time ! Lecus has a factory and mimic the Italians with Ferrari and their assembly . with chemical baths for the body ,robots first tighten down every thing on a line then a human has to torque each and every bold down to the last 1 So do they go above and beyond ? By Far I have owned lincons , ford , chevy , Hondas , Toyotas even infinitys but nothing beats a lexus especially not the new bmws
  • Lexus Lexus LX470 Owner Reviews (see 8 reviews)
  • 2003 Lexus LX470
    Visitor, Wake Forest, NC, March 18, 2014 08:33
    Had this car since new. Now has 250k and still looks and rides great. Need to make sure to keep up with maintenance.
  • Lexus Lexus RX350 Owner Reviews (see 6 reviews)
  • 2007 Lexus RX350
    Visitor, Helmetta, NJ, April 01, 2014 13:27
    I just picked up a 2007 RX350 with app. 70k miles. After going to my local mechanic turned out the struts and rack and pinion was leaking. I went back to CarMax where I purchased it, and they replaced everything. (was actually surprised). This car is very much a luxury car, not, a sports car. It is well made, smooth riding, has a beautiful interior, and gives me confidence with driving. I think it could use a little better pickup as it seems sluggish at times, but, all in all, great car and would recommend it.
  • Lexus Lexus SC300 Owner Reviews (see 6 reviews)
  • 1995 Lexus SC300
    Visitor, Walnut Creek, CA, October 29, 2013 18:10
    Driven many, many cars. This Lexus is probably top 3 cars for the money. 225,000 miles, looks and drives like new. Great car.
  • Lexus Lexus LS460 Owner Reviews (see 6 reviews)
  • 2008 Lexus LS460
    Visitor, Clarksville, TN, March 12, 2012 08:57
    Ok I purchased 2008 460L 35,000, traded in a BMW because of all of the trips to the shop. Nonetheless, I've owned my vehicle for 3 months, have been to the shop for wind noise...they tell me all normal but the Service Manager did admit to design flaw. Brake actuator replaced another trip, Brakes seem to grab, door garnish TSIB design flaw and now the car stalls,intermittenly, on acceleration from a stop or a roll. Because its intermittent, presents a problem as Lexus says they can do nothing unless they get it to duplicate although ther is a TSIB L-SB-0033-08. Hell, I just do not know anymore, maybe I should go Domestic????
  • Lexus Lexus RX400h Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 2007 Lexus RX400h
    Visitor, Ridgewood, NJ, April 08, 2014 20:03
    Have 190,000 miles, only changed the tires and the radiator.Best car ever. Considering changing the time belt now!
  • Lexus Lexus GS430 Owner Reviews (see 4 reviews)
  • 2004 Lexus GS430
    Blkbwty68, Houston, TX, April 10, 2013 14:14
    This car was purchased used and it has not really given me any problems besides. 1. When I switch from defrosting to the air condition, something is sticking keeping the air condition from blowing from the vent. I have to keep pushing buttons in order for the vents to blow out air. 2. Brakes - when stopping the car shakes. 3. Fog lights - Anytime I use my fog lights the battery runs down or if you have the automatic lights on and someone is just sitting in the car, it runs the battery down as well. Other than these minor issues the car runs and drives awesome. my husband it's looking into getting a 07' BMW, unh!!! Not sold just yet. Overall, it's been a lovely vehicle and will move when you put the petal to the metal.
  • Lexus Lexus GS350 Owner Reviews (see 3 reviews)
  • 2008 Lexus GS350
    Spclkaz, Tempe, AZ, January 18, 2014 13:07
    The "visitor" above needs to find an independent repair shop he can trust. My wife has a 2008 GS-350 Lexus SUV. Repairs as basic as an oil change or a brake job will cost you two-three times as much at any Lexus dealer, plus they will likely find other "things" that need to be fixed for even more money. Lexus, BMW, Mercedes... the dealer repairs are all rip offs. They figure if you can afford the brand, you can afford the going dealer price for repairs... it's your money. These ARE great cars for the most part, just find a trusted independent dealer who works on your car and save all that money for the premium fuel many of these brands require
  • Lexus Lexus ES250 Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 1991 Lexus ES250
    Visitor, Key West, FL, June 08, 2010 01:46
    Great cheap Lexus if you can find one! I own a 91 ES250 as well as a 2006 Altima SE with the VQ35 engine, I would rather drive the Lexus. Car is smooth as silk, has enough power, comfortable. This car, like the LS400 was well ahead of it's time. I still find little things about my ES that I don't have on my 06. My only gripe is that it has the turning radius of a dump truck. Lexus did great with this one!
  • Lexus Lexus LX570 Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 2008 Lexus LX570
    akanbi, Virginia Beach, VA, March 20, 2014 16:20
    toyota lexus lx570 crank but enable to start when i scan it with launch the fault code was P1343 pls i need a better solution for this
  • Lexus Lexus LS600h Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 2008 Lexus LS600h
    Visitor, Provo, UT, July 27, 2014 18:58
    We really like this car. It is very comfortable and dependable. It makes me feel good when I am driving it.
  • Lexus Lexus RX450h Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 2012 Lexus RX450h
    Visitor, Peoria, AZ, August 21, 2012 14:48
    The air conditioning does not work. We live Phoenix, AZ and it gets hot (115) but I have owned other cars that have no problem cooling off the car. This air can not cool off the car. We are hot when we are in the car. The air is set to LOW and on Full Fan, still hot. It has been has been into the dealership twice and they say they can't find the problem. When we called Lexus they told us to take it to another delership to have work done to it. The customer Service is the worst I have seen. Does any one else own this car and have problems with it cooling? PLEASE HELP!!
  • Lexus Lexus IS350 Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 2006 Lexus IS350
    magali, Barranquitas, PR, October 17, 2010 10:14
    the car overall is a great machine and a great gas saver , my only complaint is about the rear seat to unconfortables for my 12 year old kid