Lexus Reviews

Lexus Reviews and Owner Comments

Purchasing this car is one of the best decisions I have made. I purchased it new and absolutely love it. I have roughly 215,000 miles and it still has a great ride. The only ongoing problem has been noise over bumps which started 1 year ago. It sounds like suspension but checks out ok. My service technician placed it on lifters and sprayed underneath(not sure where) and solved the problem. It has to be repeated occasionally. I notice it more when Houston experiences lots of water on the streets. It's my belief that the underbody car wash contributes to this problem. This car is probably good for another 3 years so I definitely recommend it and plan to purchase another Lexus.
Car runs forever this is the best car ever. I purchased it new has 90,000 miles fully serviced very comfortable and looks luxury all inside got everything except nav. System overall love my LS430 such an beautiful car.
Need to have a zero reliability, I would give a zero.
2001 Lexus rx300 bought it used in 2010 with 94k miles, has been back and forth to Tampa from the northern Va. area many times hauling a trailer and packed to the gills, now it has 191k miles and runs great! all wheel drive is surprising in the snow, never had it off road, best used car I've ever owned! We also own a 2008 rx 350, I think the 300 it built better :) it's my daily driver, everything works perfect! Thank you Lexus, I'd really be reluctant to buy anything that's not a Toyota product, been that way for 30 years!
I have over 112,000 miles on the car and have replaced the radiator. I had the right headlight housing replaced under recall extended warranty because of condensation. The low tire pressure light was on for almost a year until someone told me it was my spare tire activating the light, even though the spare was in the trunk. I added air to the spare and the light went off, never to return. I wish I had known. Overall, I have never had a car more reliable and fun to drive.
I purchased this car new and now have 208000 plus miles on it. My wife and I made many trips of over 3000 miles over the years in it,and we never had a single problem. The only money spent on this car has been for normal maintenance and for things that are subject to wearing out, such as batteries, timing belts (2) alignments. and a very few lights. This has been by far the best riding and most reliable car I have ever owned, which included Jaguar, Buick Electra, and miscellaneous Fords, Chevrolets,and Hondas. I expect it to keep running well for the rest of my life.
160,000 miles and going strong...headliner to be replaced under warranty....cosmetic only...will drive another 80,000 miles and decide what to do
That isn't an '06 in the picture. This is a fantastic car. I have owned mine since 2009. Great handling, a phenomenal ride that is like floating when you drive at high speed on the highway, tons of trunk space and leg room in the backseat for an actual adult. The LS also has a first-class engine. Tons of power, very fast even with four people, and an engine that has vehicles with over 1 million miles on the road. JD Powers best in class for more than 15 years ! It was also rated "best vehicle ever made for north America" on one major site. And the best yet, is that they are very reasonably priced used for a vehicle you could easily drive for 10 years and not be bored. Still gets looks when I drive it. Most foreign luxury cars have slipped on quality since mid-2000's, so this car is even more valuable. Good Luck, really can't go wrong here.
The car is just so comfortable to drive, sharp body style, full of luxury features. I'm planning on keeping it for a long time.
bought the car at 100K and now it has 225K. Change oil and fluids, brake pads and regular maintenance and that's all. I know I should change plugs but car still has the same MPG and acceleration. Only problem is with starter! It simply lasts too long!
Gear and small gear
Purchased a certified Lexus in 2005 my baby has 134,000 miles I take care of all the services at Lexus dealer. The ES has great handling like the quality of it while doing me well with no major problems to list runs good. Overall has an better ride than a 2008 test drove as being pre owned very quiet automobile love it. I would never trade of get rid of this car all maintenance turns out low with nothing putting expensive in the book it's a decent car being top of the line to say it is over 12 years old but a joy driving it.
What a great car! I purchased this car while rebuilding my finances post recession. I've put approximately 75,000 miles on it since purchase, including pulling a heavily loaded trailer from CA to MI in 2013. I still average 24mpg on road trips, and 22 mpg on my daily commute. I purchased my 93 LS400 with 185000 miles in Dec 2011 for $900. It was blowing white smoke, the previous owner had been told it was a blown head gasket. It turned out to be the power steering pump leaking into the exhaust manifold. I had the heads machined anyway just for piece of mind. Repairs: Intial road worthiness preparation: Machine heads, replace battery, belts, hoses, power steering pump, tires, lightbulbs, timing belt, and water pump using work from home mechanic = $1100.00 Dec 2011 Repaired steering wheel adjustment mechanism =- used a zip tie on the adjusting mechanism - found the repair on youtube. $1.00 2012 Replaced catalytic converters - used universal cats from an independent muffler shop = $500.00 2012 Replaced Engine computer- sourced it on ebay and sent it in for rebuild. Installed it myself - $150.00. 2013 Replaced water pump - Autozone unit failed. Used work from home mechanic - $300.00 2013 Power amp on stero malfuncioned computer failed. Never repaired. 2013 repaired washer fluid pump - $100 2013 replaced thermostat - used a shop $300.00 2014 lower Tie rods, upper control arms and ball joints, front brakes. Again used a work from home mechanic - parts and labor $500 Total repairs over 3 years including initial rehab of car and normal wear and tear items such as brakes and tires - approximately $2900. Overall, including the cost of the car, I've spent a total of $3800 over three years. Since it's initial road worthiness preparation of $1100.00, I've spent only $1800.00 including brakes and tires. That is only $600.00 per year! With Oil changes and wiper blades, I'm probably closer to $700.00 per year in maintenance costs. Had I used a Lexus dealer for repairs - it would have been in the vicinity of $6500.00 in repairs. Had I used an inexpensive shop, repairs would have run around $3500.00. It's an extremely reliable car, but to keep costs of ownership in check, research your repair issues, get a good diagnosis, shop on line for parts, and find a certified back yard mechanic for your labor.
New transmission at 90k. Rough ride! Bad gas mileage! Bad sound insulation! No leg room! Would NEVER buy another Lexus EVER again! I've had less trouble with my other two cars: '90 Accord and '02 Chrysler Voyager. Honda made it 300k before breaking down and Chrysler Voyager 180k before transmission went out! Go figure!
I purchased my 1998 Lexus ES300 in 2000 as a lease return with 50,000 miles on it and have had a wonderful experience with this car. I still have the original engine and transmission with 455,000 miles on them. I even have the original spark plugs still. I recently replaced the valve cover gaskets but am still experiencing a leak. I plan on driving this car until it drops.
My '99 GS400 is now 15 years old with 210,000 miles with nary a problem. Reliable, fast, and smooth. Other than normal maintenance it has never had an issue. A friend has an '01 LX470 (same motor) with 300,000 miles and I plan on getting at least that much out of mine. I have no plans on ever selling it. Fantastic car!
I bought mine in 2010 with 80k miles. I do regular oil changes and have done the water pump and timing belt and have had zero problems and now has 140k. This car looks great, is fun to drive, and is reliable. I also have had the melting dash problem, but for my only issue with the vehicle to be cosmetic I am happy. I hope to drive it many more years and by the looks of it I will
Bought the car new in 2002 now have 175,000 miles So have very good idea about this car. Had to replace 2 shafts due to rusted or damaged antilock sensors. I was told that the sensor is an integral part of the shaft and when it fails you must replace the shaft, this model has 4 shafts also Had to replace the main drive shaft due to loose joints but in general car is very good. Body has almost no sign of rust, driving is very good. If you consider buying a new Lexus check the shafts issue as this was my problem with the car.
I had 2 Lexus RX300. Bought the first one in 1998. It caught fire in 2000, as I was driving to work (10-mile leisurely drive). Total loss. It had about 15,000 miles. Horrible experience with Lexus as we sorted through that. They eventually gave me a slightly used RX300 demo car which I still have. It has 111,000 miles. Muffler gave up at 70,000; the radio at about 80,000; transmission at 100,000. The hatchback is nearly jammed and very difficult to open. Was told it cannot be lubricated, only replaced. Very disenchanted with Lexus. Mine have been lemons, poorly designed, with overly complicated engineering for very simple parts such as a door closure system. Never had such problems with my other cars (Toyota, Honda, BMW, Mazda), except for a Fiat I owned long ago. Not a flattering comparison, but appropriate when it comes to quality.
We really like this car. It is very comfortable and dependable. It makes me feel good when I am driving it.
is it normal that your car is hot inside like air coming out underneath the pedal and the dash?
i would like to know why this car has a problems with hard shifting that being an automatic
I am a sales associate at a pre-owned car dealership that sells all makes & models. I am extremely happy with my 1998 gs400, it has 150k mls. now & engine purrs like a kitten, or I can also make it sound like a tiger depending how I'm driving. Very good gas milage for a V8, I am convinced it's simply one of the very best cars ever made & it still looks better than most new sport sedans made today.
Have 190,000 miles, only changed the tires and the radiator.Best car ever. Considering changing the time belt now!
Bought my 04 ES330 in 2010...only has 114,000 miles. tired of the transmission issue...jerk-lack of power-slow shifting...am told there is no adjustment for this issue....sad
I just picked up a 2007 RX350 with app. 70k miles. After going to my local mechanic turned out the struts and rack and pinion was leaking. I went back to CarMax where I purchased it, and they replaced everything. (was actually surprised). This car is very much a luxury car, not, a sports car. It is well made, smooth riding, has a beautiful interior, and gives me confidence with driving. I think it could use a little better pickup as it seems sluggish at times, but, all in all, great car and would recommend it.
toyota lexus lx570 crank but enable to start when i scan it with launch the fault code was P1343 pls i need a better solution for this
Had this car since new. Now has 250k and still looks and rides great. Need to make sure to keep up with maintenance.
I have an 05 es330 with 65,000miles. Besides the transmission, this car is remarkable. Ocassionally it will have a sudden delay and then a jerk between 20 to 35 miles.This takes away the serenity of this beautiful sedan.I met quite a number of people whose experiences are the same.This car definitely has a transmission problem.I am now afraid to buy a Lexus in the future.
Bought new in 1999 and as of 3/14/2014 we have 82,000 miles on the car. We bought it to take on trips and maintained the car and it looks great inside and out. Several months ago blue smoke poured out the exhaust and finally had somebody tell me the truth about the problem. I have a sludged engine and they say it is due to infrequent oil changes. Well 27 oil changes in 82,000 miles might have been the issue but it looks like folks that had excellent maintenance records still had a sludged engine. I have an offer for 3,000 bucks and will send this japanese marvel off with a one finger salute.....Great car up until this time but not real happy with the end result.....