Reviews for Chevrolet Impala years:

Chevrolet Impala Reviews and Owner Comments

Chevrolet ImpalaOwner Reviews (63 reviews)
    BULLDOG1458, Fresno, CA, August 27, 2014 12:56
    Had to replace drivers power lock acuator. Now it is acting up again. Had issues with air bag light coming on. It had disconnected under drivers seat. "Slapping" noise coming from left front tire (like something stuck to it, but nothing there). Now have tapping noise coming from under dash when turn air on, off, underlock doors with remote, open trunk, or open drivers door. Remote works then won't work. Of course all of these new problems have started 1 day after warrenty expired.
    Visitor, Chicago, IL, May 07, 2014 13:45
    I like the car, but to many problems. The security system won't let me start my car sometimes...have to reset battery, powering steering sucks.
    Visitor, Conley, GA, April 15, 2014 11:18
    Having electric problems. Turn signals make buzzing noise. Sometimes they won't even work. Now the car will not start. Only after its been sitting awhile. Someone please point me in the right direction toward getting it fixed..
    Visitor, Cape Coral, FL, March 20, 2014 20:38
    My 2006 chevy impala chimes when i accelerates on gas what does that mean i had to replace the power steering hose twice and the ac when i ture off or on it makes a clicking noise after a minute or so it goes off. Help!!!!
    Visitor, Saint Paul, MN, February 04, 2014 19:59
    We bought the car new, now has 49K miles. It came with bad alignment, no sign of it until the tires wore out at 25K miles. The remote control failed after four years. The dealer said they put in bad modules until March of 67. The dealer wanted $650 to repair, had it done at a car alarm shop for $160. The steering shaft started clunking at around 40K miles, haven't had it repaired. The car has a decent ride, it gets around 30 mpg on the highway, 18 in town.
    Visitor, Salineno, TX, February 02, 2014 18:48
    the side of driver no fuction the heat and rarely i came my house and let the car and its no start after, at 6 hour of city.
    vha3742171, Mebane, NC, November 15, 2013 16:07
    I love my impala but, I had to replace turn signal arm twice.If the arm damage your lights will not work. There is a problem with Dex coolant. It mess up intake manifold gaskets. Had to replace the computer four years after buying the car. There was no recall from GM due to the coolant. Why I don't know.
    Visitor, Hoyt, KS, June 04, 2013 00:31
    I love my little car!!! It has never left me stranded ever. No matter how bad she was she always got me home. I bought it as a left over 2000 brand new went clear to Tennessee to buy her. Never have looked back no regrats. I love her. It is now 2013 I have never kept a car this long. But she will be witj me til I die.
    Visitor, Valdosta, GA, March 23, 2013 19:08
    Hi bought my 2001 Chevy impala from a one owner 2/2013 with only 58,000 original miles well the car is a good running car excellent on gas, it's a fast car I love it but the cons are 1. My door opener key clicker don't work put new batteries still has to open doors with key dealer say they couldn't program it there's problem with security system issue 2. When driving indicators works when they want to one minute they blinking get out go to store get back in turn on a street nothing they are so frustrating cause I don't want no one running in me they dnt need no fuse but I can't understand why it acts up 3. Keep getting a message saying high beams are out when the switch is on but they working fine 4. My check engine lights comes off an on first was cause I needed new gas cap replaced it but this time round I dont know what's the problem. This car somewhat is a pain I love it just without all the headache problems can anyone help to with some of my issues.
    Visitor, Norristown, PA, February 08, 2013 16:27
    Overall it is a good car. Gas mileage with the 3500 engine is excellent. My issues have been sensors, ABS/Traction Control,and airbag sensor issues as well. I have 113,400 miles and it runs great. No issues other then the sensors.
    Visitor, Bear Creek, NC, December 28, 2012 17:31
    I have 183,000 miles on the car. The instrument cluster has been causing problems for quite a while now, and I will have to get it fixed. Overall, those this has been a great car. The gas mileage is still great - 27pmg all around driving. No other problems. I am hoping for at least 250,000 miles.
    Visitor, Chimney Rock, CO, December 19, 2012 18:54
    This is the second Impala I have owned in five years. I sold the first because I needed to tow a large trailer, so I traded it for a one ton dually. A few cars later, I had the chance to buy another Impala, and I like it even more than the first one. The Impala I own now is the LS model (electric everything, heated leather seats, etc). I bought it at an auction, and had to replace the radiator and the intake manifold gasket, and the odometer does not work. Also the fuel gauge is really inaccurate, but I make do with the Info center in the roof. Even so, I love this car! It looks great, it rides great, has reasonable power (3.8 motor) and good fuel economy for a large car (=/- 30mpg, depending on how heavy my foot is. I will be replacing the computer with a performance computer, in which case it will suit me even better. Overall, it's a nice, nice car!
    Visitor, Youngstown, OH, November 26, 2012 08:38
    2007 Impala with only 70,300 miles bought it at 56,000 The high pressure hose went on me while driving making it hard to steer twice. My back tires seem to wear out on the outside like its out of alignment but they have been aligned Im having a growling noise fllowed by a crackling or static type noise where it is said to be my ball joints. There is a hole in the plastic container for my antifreeze only allowing so much in
    paceguy, Orchard Park, NY, October 17, 2012 11:42
    Purchased 07 impala with 8800K,biggest problem is rear tire wear,due to defective rear spindle rods which affect the rear wheel alignment,inside of tires wear out,GM (government motors) denies any problem,even though they repaired/replaced Spindle rods and tires on all fleet vehicles (police etc),GM says different spindles eventhough parts numbers match for fleet and domestic cars,NO DIFFERENCE,a class action law suit has been filed,GMs stance,That was the old GM,we are the new GM,should have gone bellyup,typical GM Junk!!! fix it on your own!!!! Stay away
  • 2010 Chevrolet Impala
    Visitor, Dunbar, WV, August 24, 2012 16:12
    2010 model constant problems at 45,000 miles should have kept the 2000
    jampapps, Stella Niagara, NY, July 19, 2012 12:49
    Generally a decent car for the money. But, did have a lot of trouble with the PASSLOC system......starter would not engage, had to wait 10-15 minutes for the PASSLOC system to recycle. Cured the prolem with one simple wire disconnection from the electrical block behind the dash near the steering column,, which bypassed the PASSLOC system. No trouble since.
    Visitor, Milford Center, OH, March 02, 2012 13:23
    I have already had to replace rear driver side power lock acuator and now the front passenger side power lock acuator is bad. $230 for eah repair. first one was covered under warranty. Very expensive and pretty upset this has happened to 2 windows and car has less than 50,000 miles on it.
    Visitor, Columbus, OH, February 19, 2012 14:25
    i have a 02 imapale when i start it it it keeps cranking and when i turn the key off it continues to crank any tips
    Visitor, Hammond, LA, December 05, 2011 08:38
    Purchased in fall of 2002 my Impala. It had 25k miles on it. It has over 338,000. The engine is still strong and one uses Mobil one sythenic oil. Normal wear, ac, brakes, and radiator. I still trust it on any trip. Maintenance is the sucess for my Imapala. The engine is expected to go 500k miles before I stop driving it. Is it the Oil?
    Visitor, Groves, TX, October 09, 2011 16:22
    Bought the 2007 SS Impala with 13K miles. have since replaced the battery twice and and about to replace it again. Four batteries in 5 years? They seem to last 15 to 18 months and then they are deader than a hammer and can't be charged. Otherwise the car has been great, with plenty of pep and great brakes and handling. What's up with the battery?
    Visitor, Birmingham, AL, September 19, 2011 16:02
    what would make my car not go in drive the car start but will not go into drive?
    Visitor, Old Bridge, NJ, September 16, 2011 07:23
    I bought this car new. Now has 60k miles on it, & it has been FLAWLESS ! I wouldn't even think about getting a Toyota again, after the crappy one I had before this car.
    eham4, Mesa, AZ, September 10, 2011 10:45
    bought 2009 used with 19k. battery replaced 2x, ac issues off and on, front end alignment done, do oil changes faithfully every 4-5K, K&N air filter no issues, brakes have been so so from the beginning, appears they are now warped and need replaced, will do that with better quality brakes this time, have the same issue another writer addressed with the transmission slipping at odd times, appears for me that on an uphill incline is when I have noticed it lately, will be taking it in since have a 100k extended warranty.
    Visitor, Columbus, OH, August 31, 2011 18:15
    I have an 07 impala 3.9 V6 with 75,000 miles. Since new I have had 2 power steering pumps put in, a water pump, right rear hub, right front ball joint. It goes through tires every 20,000 I have alignments done every 3 months and I also keep them rotated every oil change. Since about 50,000 miles I have noticed the transmisson slipping from take off some times once or twice a week as well as when rolling through a stop sign it will make a clunk and then harshly go into gear. I have taken it to the dealer 4 times since the 50,000 miles and every time they can't duplicate the problem. My warranty is up in 1 month and I have a tranny thats getting ready to go.
    Visitor, Philadelphia, PA, August 13, 2011 13:12
    i have had car 2 month. it have 161,141 miles ride good. just one problem have a large leak in vacum line.
    zack70, Boone, IA, August 05, 2011 10:49
    Impala is worst car when it comes to transmission, every 6 months I have to change my tranny, catalic converter is a problem, body throtle is problem, engine power reduce is problem, lots of lots of problem.
    Visitor, Troy, IL, July 19, 2011 05:54
    I love my Impala but the AC unit went out at 40,000 miles and a repair bill of $1,118.00. Just put $300.00 into the camber problem that Chevy should of recalled.
    Visitor, Milford, MI, June 09, 2011 06:06
    I have had this car since new. No problems. Car has 97000 miles. No plan to sell. Average gas mileage is 27 miles a gallon. Drive 35 miles to work. 25 miles of freeway driving. Good basic car.
    impala326, Cliffwood, NJ, April 05, 2011 15:55
    Bought it 2 years ago with 80000 miles. Put on bout 30000 miles since. No problems. I maintained well.
    Visitor, Virginia Beach, VA, February 26, 2011 04:36
    I bought the car brand new and have only had three problems: intake gasket leak ($1400), catalytic converter replaced ($250), and dash lights operate during day but not at night. I have 152,000 miles on it and still confidently make 2,400 mile trips in this car. Great car when maintenance is kept up.
    gear24, Rodney, MI, December 27, 2010 16:00
    we bought this car in 05' had no major problems, I do routein mant. on the car, so far it has served us well.
    Visitor, Canton, KS, December 24, 2010 14:49
    It has been a very good car mechanically. The rear end was an issue, wore tires out as the tires were pitched out on the bottom. Seems to be an issue with the police issue vehicles which Chevrolet took care of but the same issue. Contacted Chevrolet, they acted concerned but never did much more than phone tag or email. Finally put new struts on the rear and took it to a good alignment place and they modified the holes in the struts to get it aligned....figure on a $300 bill. If the car has new tires on it beware! Been a good car overall with 98k on it. Probably won't buy another Chevrolet since they gave me the run around.
    Visitor, Brooklyn, NY, December 19, 2010 10:10
    GREAT CAR NO PROBLEM WHAT SO EVER
    Visitor, Helena, AL, December 10, 2010 11:30
    I have owned three Impalas and loved them. This one, 2005, has had LOTS of problems. The main problem has been the transmission. I had to have the transmission repaired and eventually completely rebuilt ($1700). The front end will not stay in line and I buy tires too often. And no, this care has not been wrecked. Really wish I had my 2000 back!
    mistermajestic59, Oklahoma City, OK, December 06, 2010 13:01
    My lighter don't work
    Visitor, Valdosta, GA, November 26, 2010 19:17
    200,000 miles and 2 repairs - instrument cluster under warranty and a water pump at 105,000. Seeing signs may need trans work soon, but at 200,000+ miles it is a great value. Still get 32-34 mpg highway, has always burned 0.5 qt oil in 5,000 miles. GREAT vehicle for the original cost and nearly repair free.
    Visitor, Milwaukee, WI, November 15, 2010 07:30
    The car is basically solid but the number of expensive off the wall repairs is intolerable. First to go was ABS sensors, than instrument cluster, than ignition switch. Each repair was over $400. Car has less than 50k on it.
    Visitor, Hernando, MS, November 09, 2010 13:04
    2002 Impala SS with 198k miles and still running strong....Very little breakdowns on major components over its 9 year life. Routine maintenance and TLC pays off.
    Visitor, Revere, MA, November 08, 2010 17:23
    2002 Chevy Impala base model runs good at 63,750 miles. The serpentine belt has been replaced ($100w/labor), the rear brakes & fluid change ($400) , new tires w/4 wheel alignment($600+), oil change and filter ($20) ,fuel system cleanout ($80). Runs great now. Put a few bucks in with the hope she continues to run well.
    Visitor, Saint Paul, MN, November 01, 2010 11:19
    not impressed replaced trans cooler at 46000, transmission at 74000,ABS problems at 88000.
    Visitor, Crucible, PA, October 16, 2010 11:12
    good car but the wipers wants to keep running after they are shut off and the temp control for the drivers side quit working
    indy500, Fort Wayne, IN, October 07, 2010 11:16
    making squeaking noise in the rear,like shocks or maybe even brakes
    Visitor, Florissant, MO, July 26, 2010 18:55
    Good car, engine frame has a small squeek, but otherwise a great car.
    Visitor, Lexington, MA, July 20, 2010 11:29
    The Good: Great size & good mpg for a roomy 5 passenger car with a giant trunk. Built like a tank underneath so very good crash ratings are no surprise. I have 115,000 miles so the repairs below are not a real knock on the car. The Repairs: High beam/low beam control arm went ($800); Needed new manifold gasket which required much labor ($800); Replaced heater box ($400); Front wheel bearings and struts ($800) For a car with that many miles, the repairs are perhaps borderline normal maintenance. It still runs strong and we pit on a lot of taxing (stop'n' go driving) miles on it.
    Visitor, Newnan, GA, July 11, 2010 16:48
    Some dash lights out Dash vents in wrong place Rough rideing There are many good things about this car, that out weighs the bad. I have really enjoyed this vehicle. One of the best.
    Visitor, Scranton, PA, June 23, 2010 10:09
    I've had nothing but problems with this car! It is the worst car I have ever had/owned in my life! First week I had it I had problems with the transmission. Then, you would thinkt hat was enough, the car has been over heating like mad crazy. 6 thermastats, water pump, several flushes, and the car still overheats! Check engine light pops on and off constantly. I can't drive over 10 minutes away or else it would over heat. You would think that was enough for a newer car. NOW, I have a gas leak! WTF is wrong with this piece of crap!?!?!
    Visitor, Chicago, IL, June 01, 2010 16:45
    best car, thats why we've had 3 since 2006! all brand new and loving them!
    cynbad921, New Castle, PA, May 19, 2010 16:38
    hi we just had to replace the bcm now the lights had to be fixed and the dealer told my wife the wire harness needs replaced.
    Wilson-bob, Murrysville, PA, April 04, 2010 16:53
    Our 03 is the second of three that we have owned new. The first was a 2000 and the third is a 2007. We love these cars. The ride is better than our sons Honda and the gas millage is 31 to 33 mpg on the highway. The roomy trunk was a factor in purchasing the first one. No major problems with them, except that the 03 needs the AC looked at, almost 84,000 miles on it.
    Visitor, Mcallen, TX, March 27, 2010 21:43
    It's a good car but minor problems with heating system that does not work properly during automatic starting mode.
    Visitor, Aurora, OH, March 25, 2010 12:35
    2003 3rd brake job at 50,000 miles.also needs front wheel bearings.
    jjewett, Geneva, OH, March 19, 2010 22:41
    It is an okay car, have had a lot of brake problems with it. Next up is a wheel bearing replacement on the front, can hardly wait to pay for that repair.
    mirko, Portland, ME, March 03, 2010 15:53
    Issues I have had with my 2006 CHev Impala,head lights are poor to average.Steering from day one makes a creaking noise when turned to far left or right, cant get dealer to find any problem.Trunk area above opening poor desing or weak metal many owners complain of early rusting.
    Gentlemen of Chevrolet, Seattle, WA, February 24, 2010 01:33
    I've had a couple "$200" dollar problems but nothing too big. The great thing about these problems is they almost ALL occurred when I still had my bumper to bumper warranty. Other than these simple problems she's been nothing but Good to me. I love my Chevy just like any other proud Chevy owner should. I can confidently consider my car as a hobby of mine, yet an expensive one.
    KEITH BENJAMIN, Miami, FL, December 04, 2009 11:26
    I bought my 2001 Impala in 2004, it has never given my any problems. I actual still get a thrill from it when behind the wheel. It has 108,000 miles and is stronger than ever!
    bobby_d, Nashville, TN, November 09, 2009 08:18
    We bought this car with 10,000 miles on it in 2004. We now have 62000 miles. The only problem we have had was in 2007,took her to a franchised service center,never again,anyway,Took them three hours to change the plugs(actual work) and they cross-threaded one plug. I didn't know it until a year later when the Chev dealer showed it to me .. She was running on 5 and 1/2 cylinders all that time,like one cylinder wasn't up to speed..and we thought she was in tiptop condition. We are going to keep her untill,well ever
    bgg, Sterling, CT, August 16, 2009 04:36
    Bought a 2006 Impala with 70,000 on it. Had all kinds of problems off the bat. Warning said it was low on oil when it wasn't. Warning said electrical system wasn't charging right, HOWEVER.... My mechanic saw a service bulletin and called me and said the computer needed to be reprogrammed. He reprogrammmed the computer and knock on wood I have had no major problems since! Just a tip for anyone having the same problem! ... Since getting that fixed my opinion has impproved some of the vehicle. However the ride is not as smooth as I expected in that recent of a car and I am not impressed with the gas mileage. Other owners seem really happy though.
    dixonkevinl, Hastings, MN, April 20, 2009 16:56
    Pros: Good basic transportation, plenty of passenger room, leg room (front & rear), easy to drive), large trunk and reach through back seats, interior cabin lights lacking, inexpensive to buy and maintain. Cons: No cup holders in the back.
    dogzma, Seneca Falls, NY, April 13, 2009 08:03
    Great overall car that I inherited from my folks.
    kcarter67337, Owasso, OK, April 08, 2009 18:44
    What can I say this is a very very good car if you are wanting plenty of passanger room,leg room,with excellent gas mileage. I have owned this car for one year. It has great power for when I need to get up and go. My only two complaint on this car is that there are no cup holders in the back seats??? And the driver front door is not very wide. I find my self having to be careful not to rip my pockets of my pants and gliding into the car. Overall I am very happy with this car.
    chomperz06, Jackson, MI, April 01, 2009 17:30
    I've had this car about a year now and so far it's been pretty good. I was looking for a car that would be cheaper on gas and more reliable than my SUV and this was a good choice so far. Aside from regular maintenance, only a few problems. About a month after getting it would not start and took it to the dealer and was fixed at no charge. Under heavy acceleration the tranny doesn't want to shift until 5000 rpm (1000 before redline). On the positive side, the car is very easy to drive, a pretty comfortable ride for Michigan roads, and the E85 option for fuel, though it decreases mpg is nice for the environment
    palalvr, Clinton, MS, December 31, 2008 18:43
    Bought 2 2008 Impala LT's this past November. Both were used........23k miles. Excellent Condition. Both wife and I have only one complaint and that is for a car with a cabin so spacious........very few storage areas. No drink holders in the rear. Interior cabin lights seem to be lacking. Other than that...we love both cars. I installed a K&N Airfilter on both are we are now averaging 34mpg on the hiway. In town MPG is roughly 26. Can't complain at all. We both had 2005 Malibu's. Wife had the Malibu Maxx which the MGP absolutely sucked while mine........the LS sedan was getting around 34. Both cars seemed very powerful. Even though the engines in the Impala's are the same 3.5lt v6 the Malibus have.......they are not lacking for power at all. All in the transmission. All in all we both love our Impala's......just the ride itself compared to the Malibu is enough to make us glad we switched.
    moshker, Seattle, WA, September 03, 2008 16:24
    Love this car. Tons of thoughtful little amenities. Inexpensive. Very safe. Great gas mileage for such a generous mid size. No repair or maintenance problems except the horn broke. Only oil changes for the last 50,000 miles, and the car tells me when to change the oil! Sweet. Only about every 7-8k miles! Totally saving a mint on maintenance. One other thing, and this is probably because I don't wash my car very often or keep it in a garage, but the paint is isn't in very good condition anymore.