Suzuki Reviews and Owner Comments

Suzuki owners review and rate their Suzuki.

Suzuki (113 Reviews)
Overall
My mom bought this car for me after just a few months of buying it from Dallas from a dealer (Think Freedom Honda or ??/) point the "LIFTERS " went out which is hard to get to it cost 2,000 to FIX we were RIPPED OFF THEN GOT RECALL FOR LIGHTS AND AIR BAGS PLUS THE LIGHTS ALWAYS SAY SOMETHINGS WRONG.Now MY LATEST ISSUE IS THE BRAKE FLUID IS LEAKING ,I TOOK TO MY MOMS OLD FRIEND WHO LOOKDED AT IT AND ITS "BRAKE PERPORTION VALUE OR EQULILIZER) anyway its a part we need to FIX THE LEAK...BUT "THEY NO LONGER MAKE THAT PART" SO I HAVE TO LOOK AT A JUNK YARD.ITS CRAZY...PLUS AC WENT OUT AFTER JUST 1 year.Ive had it april 2013-to now I BARELY DRIVE IR its 77,000 miles And I BOUGHT WITH 30,000 SHOULD OF LASTEST WITH NO PROBLEMS THEN FOUND OUT THE CAR HAD A BIG WRECK AND GUESS THATS THAT! I AGREE IT SHOULD BE RECALLED WE ARE STUPID PAID 9,000 AT A DEALER FOR THIS CAR IT JUST NOW PAID OFF.I AM VERY UPSET BUT THE ONE THING THAT WORKS IS THE RADIO...THATS IT!
I had a Suzuki before I loved it got into a car accident and save my life decided to get another one unfortunately I did buy it used its a 2008 paint job is peeling power steering pump needs replaced fuel pump needs to be replaced if I would have known it was going to be $1,200 to replace labor not included I wouldn't have bought this SUV all at a hundred thousand miles front CVC joints Hub and bearings were replaced on right side
It was a great car. I had a few problems mostly due to my neglect. Like everyone else I do have the same problem with the headlights low beam blow out. One other annoying problem is whenever the battery cable is disconnected for whatever reason, the car engine behave ridiculous for a day or two until it resets itself.
The Reno has a transmission sensor,that wears out frequently.we bought it from a auto service dealer. he replaced a faulty fan and later a leaky engine seal,then the trans sensor went out.This causes the car to slip out of gear or run at an unresponsive speed. Shutting the engine off and restarting temporarily solves the problem. I find i made a huge mistake purchasing this car.It looks great, and runs ok..when it runs.When the trans goes out is random,and i find this to be dangerous..will be looking to unload this car in the near future.
My wife bought her Suzuki XL7 brand new in the summer of 2004, and have been 90 percent highway miles, we travel alot, and the only problem that we've had is the radio exited stage left at 103,000 miles, and the front wheel bearings are on their way, but over all it has been one of the best SUV's she's ever owned-We have replaced the tires once, and shortly to do it again,and replaced the brake pads twice, and normal oil and filter changes, of course, but it STILL has the original ignition,and drivebelts-We will try to find another, IF they still make them-This is one SUV that's been hard to beat, especially for a GM vehicle!!
Worst piece of shit i ever owned. Do not and i repeat even think of purchasing this piece of tin nightmare.
I dont now wear is the Fan relay of my suzuki Aereo 2005 i dont have my manuel book pleace sen mi a foto wear it is.my email is littlehawk2344@yahoo.com Gracias Peter F.Hernandez
Other than normal maintenance issues with a 150K miles, the only unresolved issue I have is with the car's handling. Whether in tight corners at low speeds or wide corners at moderate speed the front wheels tend to track on what feels like rails with the rear wheels following a different tracking. Its alarming enough to where I think an inexperienced driver could lose control. Tires are condition and inflation are correct. Any suggestions?
I received a recall letter from Suzuki regarding the low/high beam headlamps and how this may cause overheating leading to a possible fire. Well after some research on the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin website Safecar.gov (NHTSA), I found there were over 197 complaints listed MOST to do with the Transmission/Gear Shift sensors. This car should be recalled on that alone!! I'm appalled that Suzuki has not done this or the NHTSA has not forced them too!! I am surprised there has not been any deaths because of this failure. I bought my 2007 Suzuki Forenza Wagon in Dec 2006. I have been fortunate that I had not had any problems until way over 100,000 miles (brakes a few years ago). At 133,743 miles, I was crossing a bridge when the car just slipped in acceleration! I had it looked at and the tech told me it was the manual lever position sensor, that was 11/25/2013. About 2 months ago, the same problem has happened again. I found a certified car repair shop on the Repair Pal website because there are no Suzuki dealers around anymore. I did file a complaint with Safecar.gov and I urge anyone having this problem or any safety problem to do the same. I could not believe the problems owners were having after only driving the car under 50,000 miles!!! Suzuki needs to be held accountable. They are now on my list of cars I will never, EVER buy again. Toyota, GM and now Suzuki. Life is too short!!!
Brake fluid leaking into engine, $1,650 to repair as parts can only be purchased from Suzuki. I was told by the brake shop to get a new vehicle.
its a pice of shitttt ! , every one seas so, becouse of the bright idear of a tec macking the non drivable if your battery is removed ? then you need codes for the radio, what a thot-less idear and no good for new buyers !. dont get this car cause its a pak of problems if you forget your code or if the battery goes dead for any wresons your stuck thumbing a ride to work !!! fucking pice of crapppp (y) :)
I think they need to recall this car. Have had it in the shop since January. Full body throttle. Guess this is why they quit making them. Have had other problem also. air conditioner, oil plug, head lights.
105,000 miles great little car. excellent gas mileage. driven from NW Louisiana to St Petersburg Beach Fla. twice and to work everyday.
hi have a 2008 Suzuki xl7 Awd that I got for the wife and we love the SUV it goes any were I need to go. I would buy again
my car was great until the ignition fuse blows due to damaged wire harness causing engine to stall and not restart. Thou it says on line that there is a recall I cannot get any susuki dealer to honor it. being on s.s.i. I barely have enough to pay my rent. tho I love my susuki I will have to trash it since all it is now is trash. Good Luck I hope your suv will not have this same problem. An unhappy Susuki owner
May 1991 Brought the Sidekick, been use for pulling a tent trailer and small hunting boat over the years. Now the last 8 years only for the winter,Love the snow, other then few normal repairs.it is a 160,000 mile relable car.
Bought this car brand new! have had to have the timing chain repaired 4 seperate times! Just had a new power steering pump installed! brakes replaced 3 times!!....Wish I never bought it!!
I'm the original owner of a 2006 Suzuki Forenza and for the most part I have been pleased with the car, its been dependable, and gets good gas mileage. That is until I started learning all the parts, down to the transmission fluid are "SPECIAL ORDER"... it took me over 7 months to get the new struts for it and then found out there is only 1 dealer left in all of Northern CA (Elk Grove w/one technician) left... that even works on them and its a good half hour drive from where I live!! So, with the inconvenience and extra $$$ just to get the car to a dealership that can work on it... my overall rating for repairs is -000000000 = VERY POOR!!!!!
My 2007 Suzuki Forenza sporadically has the check engine light coming on. Sometimes I am just sitting at a stop light waiting for the light to change and the engine light comes on. Other times, I have just slowly accellerated and the car jerks and the light comes on. Immediately goes into limp mode. I have had the car to 2 different repair shops who have replaced different senors, but the car continues to sporadically have the check engine light appear. Scared to death I am going to be stranded somewhere.
Belt tensioner of the power steering broke out, it was dangerus because I was driven by the road. Reading I found that this parts was re-desing all in metal, do you know where can I get a one
I don't know whats wrong; my fog lights, cruise, horn, 12 volts supply don't work. try everything fuses,relays can't find the problem. anyone knows the problem? let me know. by the way what is the relay under the dash? what it operates.
I have had the vehicle since new. It just passed 180,000 miles. All I have ever done is basic maintenance.
My only concern has been the brakes. It seems like no matter what level I buy in the aftermarket, they rub or squeal. Eventually, as I just keep driving, in a few months they settle in. Still spongy though.
I would buy another in a heartbeat, but since Suzuki has pulled out of the U.S., that wouldn't be a sensible move, plus it seems like the newer models have more problems.
I am sure the timing chain needs to be adjusted or replaced as I have all the symptoms everyone else does. But, I am thinking it might be cheaper to put in a remanned engine than go through all the labor costs of the chains.
My 2004 Verona is a terrible car...Suzuki should never have built them. I have had problems with about everything on the car like the brakes, transmission, broken handles, paint job (peeling), sensors, gas mileage, etc... A piece of junk!
I take care of about 8 suzuki forenza's for a company I work for, and overall they are a descent vehicle but to have too many problems for such a low mileage vehicle. Yes, the tcm as failed in many of them, some more than once. Im not very satisfied with the transmissions at all, they tend to always be doing something wrong. The engines are okay but could get much more mileage than what they do. If your looking to buy one of these buy them brand new with a warranty or your looking to put alot of many in it fast.
one of the best car i have seen in my life
i had a noise shooting down the side of the vehicle ;sounded like some thing was going to fall out. after 3 shops they found out that if you have any small stones between inner fender and strut tower this will cause this noise,put a screwdriver in between and and a small rock fell out,no more noise
My Suzuki Forenza was bought new with 150 miles at the time I left the Suzuki dealership. Within a week I had concerns with excelleration which seemed sluggish at times. The service center at the Dealership told me that it was new and all of the parts needed to warm up a bit. I Was told that if I had concerns within a month to bring the car back. The sensor for the passenger side airabag was reported as broken because it read the bag was turned off when someone over 50lbs sat in the seat - never been fixed. the cover over the belts (pully & Tensioner) was melted due to friction (later recalled and fixed) but nothing else was addressed. I took my car in every 3 months or less in the first year because of excelleration problems. The TCM, Transmission Control Module was found faulty finally at around 85,000 miles almost 2 years later. This is covered under warranty at 32,000 miles and was fixed by a good faith agreement meant to discredit the arbitration decision that never came. The Suzuki dealership never found a problem. An authorized service center that had no ties to Suzuki found the issue. They described that the faulty TCM switch caused my car to shift into neutral while I drove. Since then the problem has returned and has proven this vehicle to be a very unsafe car. I took the car back to the dealership where the car was purchased and they have again found no problem. I wonder how many other Forenza drivers have had issues with excelleration?
Dear all,
I just bought a Grand Vitara, called in Mexico Tracker by General Motors.
Main concern that I have is about lights:
1. The rear ones do not works (brake and reverse works properly) but normal rear light do not.
2. Fog lamps do not work, and
3. All backlight from IPCluster, HVAC and automatic transmission indicator of speed are not illuminated when front lamps are turned to on.
What can I do? ...I already checked fuses and looks OK ... thanks!
I own a 2001 Grand Vitara XL-7. Overall, I am very pleased with it. I have only replaced the air conditioning compressor and a sensor. However, the interior light comes on without opening the doors. What could be causing this? The exhaust rattles when I first start the car but stops after the car is warmed up. What's causing that? Anyone know?
Worst car I've ever owned. No delearship in area to do repair.
Rack and Pinion needs to be replaced again. Air only works when car is moving. I now have code 00008, engine position performance system, which states it may need timing chain and new tension. I will trade this car. I bought it in 2008 brand new. I have had nothing but problems.