Jaguar X-Type Reviews

Jaguar X-Type Reviews and Owner Comments

I love my X-type. It is the best car I have ever had. I have high miles and my husband has been able to fix most problems. Parts are high, but I am keeping this car till it can't go anymore!
I'm not gonna waste a cent for a car made by bloody Brits again. Go for German or even Japs cars, they are reliable! Won't make you down ever. Jag looks and feels fancy but will treat you like a bitch after a while. You will say c'mon baby, whats wrong with you and she will say she has head ache and will coast you lots of Jag dollars to get her fixed. Go for Audi, Merc, whatever trouble free German cars, they are like German women. Brit cars are like Brit women.
I got my 02 Jaguar when I was 18, passed down to me from my grandmother. Im 22 and OMG, this car is a pain in the A$$. Everytime I go to fix something, something else goes wrong. Its a never ending battle. It still has low miles. 60,000. I am sick of this. Isn't Jag suppose to be a part of Ford?? If thats the case why is the damn vehicle so hard to fix. JESUS!!! Im soo over it. Trying to sell it, and get something more affordable.
I had the same issue with the headlight. Went to the local auto parts store and got a very generic pigtail and spliced it in. About $4 and 30 minutes labor in my garage, good as new.
If you really really really hate someone, recommend a Jag to them. This car is the worst for the money ever slapped together. I would like to slap the queen for allowing such a piece of crap to be built in her beloved country. Engine went at 65,000. The car burns a quart of oil every 1,000 miles. This was my fault for not checking the oil. Sorry I never expected a car with 65,000 to burn a quart every 1,000. The manufacturer recommends oil change every 10,000, so I guess your supposed to know that you'll burn 10 quarts between changes. The heap also has constant electrical problems, too many headlites to count. Heating problems over and over. Get this, the trunk wouldn't open, better still it doesn't have a key hole or and emergency release. Six hundred dollars later the mechanic got it to work. the interior roof was cut wrong so the moonroof trim hangs low. doors wouldn't open so when jag fixed the door panel now hangs off. Dealer work is horrible. Many mechanics won't work on them because they are so difficult. Please don't buy one, believe me they run great for the first 50,000 then go to pieces.
I believe that the previous reviews I read is certainly an exaggeration. I am driving a 2005 JAGUAR X-TYPE. Bought it used at 64000 miles. Now at 80000 + I am starting to see more problems...Cracked brake booster tube is one such problem. Since one month after I bought the car, I noticed an electrical problem. Headlight on passenger side goes out within a few weeks after replacing with brand new. Also my speedometer registers 110 when I am stopped. Now are you still bragging about your 2005?
my white 2005 x-type jaguar is the best vehicle i have driven and owned! i am grateful for it because DRIVING it brings my daily life SO MUCH JOY!!! PRAISE ALMIGHTY GOD!
this is the best car i've owned as well as driven. a truly glorious experience and the highlight of my everyday is driving my champaigne colored 2005 x-type jaguar. :) PRAISE GOD!!!!!
My driver side headlight went out and melted the plug. I was told it would cost my 1500.00 dollars to replace the plug. Not happy.
No Complaints. Not a lot on the road. Unlike everyone and their mother with the same bimmer.
Great car. Suspension is a little tight though. Means a bumpy ride.
troublefree since I bought it in 04. Almost 50K miles with no issues.
Love the car
8 Years old now and developing some noises in the cabin, but a fantastic vehicle that drives like a dream and is as comfortable to take on a trip as any vehicle I have owned. Warning, parts and service cost is a premium, even if this is the 'discount' Jag.
Sans JAG...Love my JAG! Handles like a dream! Seats my family of 4 with no problems. Very pleased with Vehicle.
Pretty
Sporty suspension - a road-hugger. Nice pickup for only a 2.5 liter engine. Comfortable seating, fun to drive overall.
Excellent on the highway. Excellent steering. Although I don't use them,the seat heater on the passenger side never quite heated up like on the drivers side, had checked, still doesn't work as well.
Maybe its bcause mines has over 100,000 if ur thinking of buying one please dont or buy with low miles with warrnty