Reviews for Kia Sedona years:

Kia Sedona Reviews and Owner Comments

Kia SedonaOwner Reviews (64 reviews)
  • 2012 Kia Sedona
    Visitor, Merrillville, IN, November 28, 2014 12:17
    I have a 2012 Sedona EX has 25000 miles 3 years old. Excellent Vehicle It is a fully loaded vehicle Because of the Rear DVD console the Radio has no Navigation, Blue tooth. I have used many GM mini vans all had more advanced features like Air leveler suspensions. Could't find a vehicle with 8 passenger seating. The odometer reads 2 miles over the actual speed. When I brought this to the dealer I was told 2 miles is allowable difference.Out of approximately 50 or more vehicles I used in my life this is the only vehicle with this difference.I have a feeling the wheels are undersized. Other than these few negatives Vehicle is Excellent and very reliable.
    Visitor, Ossian, IN, May 21, 2014 17:58
    I'm fairly happy with my 2006 Kia Sedona. My biggest complaint is with the Kia dealership. They charge outrageous prices for their replacement parts. They claim they put superior(to other dealers), genuine parts in the vehicle. Two new catalytic converters with labor cost $2500. They also charged me $440 restocking fee when I changed my mind, after they supposedly had ordered the parts. I still saved a few hundred my going elsewhere.
    Visitor, La Place, LA, February 13, 2014 09:25
    this van is a go getter.im single with no male help.had it a yr put 30,000 miles on it.no repairs needed.it also demolished a txter that ran into me at 50 miles an hr.only damage was cosmetic.demolished his van;)
    Visitor, Niagara Falls, NY, February 04, 2014 11:25
    bought the 2006 newly designed 2nd generation sedona in 2008. it's had some issues, mostly electrical eg. air bag light on (was a bumper sensor)... front brakes need replacing a bit more often and i had to change the throttle position sensor. but other than that it's been a solid reliable van. i know ppl will criticize kia harsher than other makes, but we also have a 2008 chrysler minivan and it's been a migrane. the kia has had minor issues, but the chrysler has also had minor issues - plus a blown transmission! the chrysler had 78k miles when it blew up. the kia so far has 130k miles and runs smooth as the day we got it. i take it florida without worry. point is kia is no more problem ridden than the domestics.... kia is perhaps less problem ridden than domestics. the one thing we saw with the new style sedona is the power sliding doors are prone to problems. we don't have that option so all is well for us, but our kia salesman says those were improved on in 09 or 10. but if power doors are a big issue just turn the power off and manually use the sliding doors instead... sometimes it's not worth spending $ on power doors. power sliding doors are the sedonas achiles heel. other than that it's a great van.
  • 2007 Kia Sedona
    Visitor, Somers, NY, January 19, 2014 21:22
    KIA IS NOTORIOUS IN KEEPING BLIND OWNERS OF FACTS OF FAULTY ISSUES FROM A-Z . I CAN'T COMPLAIN MUCH ABOUT MINE BUT KNOW ALL TOO WELL UNTIL IT BREAKS OR FAILS KIA WILL KEEP QUIET ON ALL ISSUES AND JUST KEEP STAMPING OUT VEHICLES . IT'S MY LAST KIA EVER . GOING BACK TO CHRYSLER I DROVE FOR 30 YEARS AND LOVED THEM .
    Visitor, Asheboro, NC, October 02, 2013 05:55
    Piece of junk. I have been paying on this vehicle for two years and I have put too many replacement parts on it. The harmonic balancer came off while I was driving. These parts are heat synced on and are not suppose to just fly off while driving. The drive window motor has quit working. I am constantly replacing brakes and changing the transmission fluid. Every time I try to run the AC the belt brakes and I have to replace it. I did not buy the car new but it has been nothing but trouble and I really wished I had never purchased it. I would not recommend anyone buying a Kia.
    Visitor, Holyoke, MA, August 27, 2013 18:10
    Nothing but problems with our 2005 kia Sedona, that we just paid off this past April ,new tramsmittion in October of last year, always putting new brakes on,continuous squeaking brakes now the cooling/heating pipes are rusted, van overheated anti-freeze leaked all over the place, car was smoking, just this past Monday we got stuck in New Hampshire had to have it towed all the way back to Holyoke, Mass cost us $437.00 piece of "JUNK" never buying another kia ever...never got the milliage they said either, 25 on highway 18 in city bunch of liars.....
    Visitor, Carmichael, CA, July 09, 2013 07:43
    Bought used in 2005 with only 11K. No real problems till now (replaced rotors, axle and motor mount and it has check engine light on - scan says main problem is Catalytic - but not critical yet). Have had good AC/Heat till last summer when AC went out (pump broken - $950+- if I have it fixed). Haven't taken good care of this car either so I'm amazed it lasted this long. Door handles and other features are kind of cheaply made and break too easily.
    Visitor, Rockwall, TX, June 29, 2013 11:54
    At 208,000 miles, 2nd engine, replace 3 catalytic converters, rebuilt transmission, rebuilt 2nd engine, numerous body repairs, gear select cable mechanically froze, 3 alternators, 2 starters, 3 radiators, 4 a/c pumps, many new tires, many new CV joints, new front axles 2x, new front wheel bearing 2x, many brake pad and shoe replacements, new struts and strut mounts, replace headlight plastic 2x, replace interior blower fan and resistor 2x, replace front and rear windshield wiper motors, and today rear door stuck shut neither key nor auto unlock will unlock or activate door manual latch. Nicest thing about this vehicle is it sits well and all the rear seats totally remove for substantial hauling, easily move a 1-2 person apt contents. Clearly Kia for this model year had a quality control problem for component durability and a design issue keeping engine compartment tolerances so tight that substantial disassembly is required to change spark plugs or an alternator and best hope you don't have to pay labor to replace A/C compressor. An extra few inches of clear space around the engine would sure cut repair labor costs dramatically. Local Kia dealer parts are priced excessively, if you can afford time to shop online, most genuine Kia parts available mostly at half dealer price. All Kia dealers charge about $106 just to diagnose a repair problem, and then not always correctly. I went through 3x alternators, 3x starters and 2x batteries before I self identified the problem - - inadequate engine grounding. Once I put an $8 engine to negative battery cable on all the electrical issues were immediately resolved. If your Kia Sedona won't start, before replacing any parts, charge the battery and use a jumper cable between battery negative and engine block and see if it fixes problem. If so, install a permanent cable between engine and negative battery terminal. To Kia's credit in more recent editions the engine displacement has increased, alternator capacity has increased, and starter power increased. Most of the changes are backward compatible even if not specifically stated as so. To Kia detriment, durability in terms of how many engine hours between repairs is dismal. They simply need to buy or make more durably manufactured components. Much better reliability in Toyota and Honda and Nissan minivans. There is no reason why Kia or any auto manufacturer could not offer a 300,000 mile warranty if durability was designed in and built in and suppliers held to task to deliver parts that don't break in ordinary usage.
    Visitor, The Villages, FL, April 20, 2013 08:16
    bought van new in 2005, nothing but junk. air is weak,windows wont go up and down, valve cover gaskets gone. replaced brakes 3 times. whats next. Dave in the Villages fla.
    Visitor, Jamestown, NC, March 23, 2013 18:31
    Kia will not stand behind their product. My sister bought a new one and the check engine light came on. They told her it had the wrong oil filter on it. I am an ASE master mechanic so I went to the dealership with her. They stood behind this bogus story. A friend has a Kia with the brake warning light on. I have read dozens of stories of people with the same problem. Kia doesn't wire this system like everyone else.
    Visitor, Vienna, VA, March 15, 2013 12:06
    Problems galore with my 2006 Kia Sedona. Started with sliding door problems not closing correctly, tightly. Then problem moved to my back hatch door just falling and not staying open. Both had to be repaired. Then my automatic locks stopped working (that was very expensive to fix). Headlights constantly going out and having to be replaced. Horn stopped working. But the worst part of all is it will not start up on me on a regular basis at random times. I've had to have my car towed about 8 times in the last year. After about the 7th time and a lot of money later Kia replaced my junction box because my key was no longer sending the signal to the box (part of the anti-theft system). Well here I am 10 months later and it is happening again and Kia won't replace the junction box even though it would be covered under warranty since since same problem happened less then a year ago. Although the Kia looks nice don't judge a book by it's cover. It's a piece of junk, very unreliable and has caused nothing but stress in my life.
    Visitor, Jefferson, OH, January 23, 2013 04:27
    I have a 2004 kia sedona. Bought in 2008. Has almost 240,000 miles and no problems. Normal maintenance and I still drive it. Its great in the snow so I cant complain. We do have to completely go through the front end due to going through wheel bearings every year but not surprising since we have driven alot in this van. Had a 1997 windstar before this and it was junk. Would buy another Sedona. Great van!
    Visitor, Smithfield, RI, January 16, 2013 07:48
    I bought this minivan a year and a half ago. every 3-4 months it's in the shop for something. now for the 3rd time it's in for a loud vibration in the front right side when I start it up. I've replacwd the front brakes / rotors replaced a cracked manifold. the noise is getting louder and m mechanic says he can't find the problem. it's very annoying every time I start it up. I told him this time if he doesn't find/fix the problem I am getting rid of it! this van is costing me a lot of money that I don't want to spend on it. I am looking forward to dumping it in the spring or sooner!!
    Visitor, Forest City, NC, December 20, 2012 13:43
    Not sure what is worse...vehicle or service no service not knowing how to repair and not standing behind their own product. Only thing I see Kia Service and Dealers at is blaming others for their garbage. I will never buy another and will and have passed the word out. The only thing I could see this vehicle good for is ?????? well let me get back to you on that because I couldn't think of one thing.
    Visitor, Peabody, MA, September 28, 2012 03:41
    bought new in 04. over 92ooo miles, 50000 did brakes & struts still running strong. disappointment would be gas mileage. not as good as caravan
    Visitor, Kissimmee, FL, September 02, 2012 10:49
    Code P2106 - Throttle Actuator Control System and P2135,P1295 for APS sensor A/B voltage correlation.There is a bulletin in these codes covered at the dealer.Heres the bulletin number TSB 09-FL003-2. The TPS needs replacing and reprogramming the ECM.This should all be fixed at no charge at the dealer.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
    Visitor, Greenville, NC, August 24, 2012 09:22
    Brought van a few months ago. After driving 2,000-3,000 miles started having electrical issues. The ability to accelerate while driving occurs. Definately would not recommend this van to anyone!
    Visitor, Bakersfield, CA, August 08, 2012 11:14
    Don't recommend this Van. Driver's side sun visor won't stay up, had to replace rotors and shocks like within 2 1/2 years, intake tube was replaced Dec. 2011, and been having problems with a/c. Needs major work $800-1,200 to repair check engine light code to pass smog for registration renewal. What a headache! Great on gas, though and fits my whole family comfortably. Besides that... really don't recommend 2006
    Visitor, Lancaster, CA, August 03, 2012 09:39
    A/C, Heater, electrical & brakes are not good on this vehicle. Bought this van new. Right away the door locks were buzzing. Had to replce the actuator and now again in 2012. No problems for three years, then oxygen sensor went out & my van completely died on the freeway on ramp. At the time was still under warranty. Rattling sounds in the dash area lead to the motor mounts being replaced, after that continual A/C & heater problems. Have had the following replaced trying to correct the problems of it not being cold enough, blowing hot but not cold, then blowing cold but not hot: A/C Idler pulley, Thermostat, sensor duct, A/C drive belt, Freon, Sensors, A/C actuator, blend door actuator, mix actuator, have all had to be replaced over the last 3 years. Now the air just went out again and I am being told it is the clutch. As for the brakes, they have squeeled since the day I drove it off the lot. No matter what type of brakes I put on, I can't get the problem to go away. Brakes have to be depressed hard to get decent braking power, and then it still isn't that great. in 2010 the ignition sensor went out which caused the rpm guage to go to 0 and the engine to misfire. I wrote this in August of 2012. I doubt I'll buy another Kia.
    Visitor, Toledo, IA, March 14, 2012 17:06
    We bought a new 2008 Kia Sedona and the first issue was the running boards. The sales person said 'absolutely no problem getting them on, just pop back and we will install them." Well, we found out after the purchase that they won't put them on the regular length van! I am disabled and need them to help me get into the van- they told me to get a step stool to get in and out!! That issue finally got fixed by having special ones installed. Next we had the transmission act like it was on its last breath- got that fixed. Had the passenger rear door lock and difficulty opening it. It was looked at and we were told ' you just have a tight fitting door' and they couldn't do anything to help it. The radio would play for 15 minutes or so and would go to static or silence- as did the CD player. Took it in and they said 'faulty radio' and replaced it. Guess what, they must have replaced it with another faulty radio as it is doing the same thing. When I originally took it in I mentioned that I noticed a 'hot' smell and asked if there could be a wiring issue- well, I guess as a woman I was not to question their judgement!! I have taken the problem to the BBB and would you believe they offered to put in the 3rd radio if I paid the labor!! I accepted if they paid the labor and if it didn't resolve the issue they would look at what the real cause was-- I have not heard from them yet!! This has been going on for almost a year!! This all happened under warantee, but they drug it out to the point they say warantee is void-- KIA will never see me buy or recommend them ever! Now it is making a strange noise- I am hoping it is as simple as the muffler.
    Visitor, New Windsor, MD, March 07, 2012 16:35
    Overall I LOVE my van!! I bought it used in June 2009 from a dealer who had leased it. I traded in my 2002 Kia Sedona for this one with over 175,000 miles on it. I am finding at approximately the same mileage (80,000 miles) I am having the same problem with the air conditioning system not working. It is starting to make me worry about the other problems now that may be around the corner. My first Sedona was great!! However, as it aged, I wound up spending more and more money on it. I know that is to be expected, but the repairs that were needed were very costly. My husband is VERY OCD about vehicle maintenance, so maintaining our cars has never been an issue. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience.
    Visitor, Sacramento, CA, February 17, 2012 13:02
    Bought EX new in 2002. Has been great, no unusual repairs (brakes need to be replaced more often though - it is heavy). Has 125K miles, and just bought a new 2012 Sedona.
    Visitor, Oklahoma City, OK, October 11, 2011 07:38
    purchased used '06 in '08. We've had several no-starts since then, at least one a year; this year ('11) twice, spending $1200. I saw the sermon about "doing your homework" which provoked me to tell my story -- I DID MINE and was pleased with the price / reviews, until I bought it. Currently we have problems with the sliding doors and power mirrors. Wife almost side-swiped another vehicle due to mirror problems. After 80,000 miles Warranty has expired. It didn't cover previous problems which is reason I haven't purchased an extended. Will sale as soon as I get current problems fixed. Next van: Honda Odyssey!
    beth27, Fort Worth, TX, October 10, 2011 14:22
    My van makes a noise when i put it into gear and when I stop,but not while I am driving. What can this be?
    Visitor, Charlotte, NC, October 06, 2011 09:57
    I own a 2005 Kia Sedona. Bought it new. Had it parked for a few years while I drove my 2007 Toyota Sienna. Bought a Toyota instead of a Kia because Kia customer service can't do much of anything to alliviate a problem with a dealership. The dealerships lie and cheat and customer service pretty much says, "OH Well". I now own a Kia piece of junk. A dealership ruined the engine or caused the already junky engeine to fall apart and of course it became my fault. I was lied to and cheated and kicked to the side. The Sedna has less than 75,00 miles on it. They said warranty want pay because oil changes need to be done every 3 months or so many miles. It was serviced when the dealership told me to come back. It was never said to bring it back in 3 months even if you have not driven it the number of miles listed. I am being help resposible for knowing the manual right down to the fine print. Way to go Kia. Well you saved on the engine but you lost repeat business. I will never buy another Kia. By the way, I had a 2000 Hyundai Sonata before this and done the same way. They eventually did put an engine in it but after a lot of blood sweat and tears. I was so stressed out. They are worth nothing on trade and I only got $$1800 for it in a private sale. Toyota is doing fine but intend to trade it for a new one soon.
    lamc48, Philadelphia, PA, September 28, 2011 06:22
    I also bought a 2005 Kia Sedona brand new and at 72000 the engine started knocking. Oil was changed regularly. They want 200 to put it on the machine. My own experience with cars tells me that not enough iol is getting to the engine and it should be totally. Depending on how they treat me, this could be my first and last Kia.
    Visitor, Levittown, PA, August 08, 2011 09:59
    @ the end of it all you get what you pay for.
    Visitor, Willow Grove, PA, July 25, 2011 16:01
    Kia dealers give you a hard time about warranty items. They try to blame it you. Been having check enginge light come on for years, they never fix the problem, always charge crazy fee for some B.S. service, and light comes back on. Service sucks. I will never buy or recomend a Kia .
    Visitor, Waveland, IN, July 21, 2011 07:23
    We bought our 2004 Sedona new and have driven the devil out of it. The only concern I've had is that it chews up front wheel bearings. Other than that there has not been any major issues. Would consider Kia for next purchase.
    Visitor, San Pedro, CA, July 07, 2011 21:19
    Overall the Van is ok when it's working, but I've have had 2 times where the car was inoperable. First the car's computer had an issue that would shut off the car. Had to spend the night in an hotel while they fixed it. Second had an issue with not being able to turn the key in the ignition lock, bad ignition lock cylinder. Starting to have a similar problem again. Their Customer Service did not cover the rental car expense for the second issue. They need to take better care of their customers when the car becomes inoperable. Kia dealerships don't seem to have service loaner cars so your forced to rent a car if your car has issues, most other car companies have service loaners available for such issues.
    Visitor, Philadelphia, PA, June 10, 2011 14:07
    BOUGHT IT NEW, NOW HAVE 72000 O N IT. ENGINE GOOD. ENGINE LIGHT BAD, STAYS ON. REAR WENT AT 60K, KIA REPLACED IT FREE. LIGHTS AND ELECTRICAL ARE BAD. STEERING GOT BAD IN COLD WEATHER AT 50K. BRAKES EVERY YEAR. PLASTIC SEAT ON DRIVER SIDE BROKE RIGHT AWAY. NO MORE KIAS FOR ME.
    Visitor, Augusta, MI, April 26, 2011 04:49
    Will never buy a KIA again. Only bought this one because my other died in a snow storm and we were sharing my husbands corolla.. the engine light has been on for the last year.. had it checked and no one can find the problem. Have had to replace the rear heat pipes under the vehicle twice already.. (owned less than 3 yrs), it jerks so much and stalls. The drivers seat controls failed this week..it is rusting in several spots.. the storage space is so small we can't even get our suitcases in to travel without removing one seat. I am now going through oil as fast as I am gas.
    Visitor, Richardson, TX, April 06, 2011 20:17
    Purchased it used in 2007 and it has been nothing but trouble. Now I know why the owner got rid of it. Check engine light came on not too long after we purchased it and just recently changed the catalytic converter because of loss of power when accelerating up hill. Kia wanted $916 dollars for the converter, but thank goodness for after market Bosal parts. Spent $600 to repair the blend door so it would blow heat last year, but this winter the blend malfunctioned again. Automatic seat adjustment malfunctioned. Driver side rear window lost the screws so that it flaps in the wind. Was told today that I needed to replace the engine mounts and that something is wrong with the engine because there was build up in the oil. Totally worthless Kia! I'll never purchase another Kia!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Visitor, Palm Coast, FL, March 20, 2011 11:23
    Van losses power at low or high speeds. Dash lights are blank. Van will stall at times or buck while in motion.
    cb33782, Pinellas Park, FL, March 09, 2011 06:15
    Love my Sedonas! I have an '02 with 92k miles and a '06 with 55k miles. Only major issue has been rotors on both vans however, this is to be expected since I tow 5k lbs every summer through the mountains. Harsh useage like this can cause rotor issues. I cannot stress strongly enough the need to PROPERLY MAINTAIN YOUR VEHICLE on time per the manufacturers manual. This is the only way to keep a car running properly. I absolutely hate it when people comaplian about a car and then you find out they have done nothing to maintain it. I went in for service last month and a man with a fairly new (under 40k mile) Kia Rio was in the shop arguing for a new engine under warranty because his engine had seized up. However, it was the first time the car had been in the shop at all. The man had never even done an OIL CHANGE! Yet he was in there critizing Kia cars as cheap crap!
    Visitor, Peach Creek, WV, February 28, 2011 17:42
    bought used as a certified kia giving us the full 10yr 100,000 warranty owned 1 month took in after 30 days I told the tech. the van makes a funny noise while driving that sounds like a muffled wowoowwoowow I was told it was the tires what they don't know is I am a state cert. master mechanic. THE NOISE IS COMING FROM THE REAR HUB do to what will be a bearing failure, now they also tell me the rear coil springs have a failure due to a rubber around the springs failing, and their is a recall on the rear side doors a safety issue I wonder how long before they figure out the bearing issue hopefully the wheel won't come off causing an accident time will tell
    Visitor, Kansas City, MO, February 23, 2011 07:52
    We have had this for 4 years and not one single problem! All our "issues" have been standard maintenance (new battery, brakes...etc). Nothing major! It has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned.
    Visitor, Seymour, TN, January 28, 2011 19:39
    We bought this van with 30k miles in clean condition. At yhe near end of the 60k mile warranty (the part that actually covers failures) the van lost all power and started missing. The dealer wanted $300 or so to change the plugs so they could figure out what was wrong with it. After doing some research of my own I found it was most likely a cam or ignition sensor. After yelling the dealer mech. this they changed the ignition sensor and the problem went away. But the check engine light would not stay off. So i changed the plugs to fix the problem. Probably caused from the bad sensor. I must warn you changing the rear 3 plugs is no easy task unless your mechanically inclined. You have to remove the upper intake to get to the plugs. We have also just been driving down the road and the doors lock or unlock on their own? I have changed the brakes 3 times in about 45k miles. Went to a harder ceramic/brass pad the last time and seem to do a much better job stopping and hopefully will last longer. I've also replaced the low beam bulbs 3 times (might be related to the doors/electrical). It was cheaper to buy the Kia but it wull be the last for the family, also.
    Visitor, Huntingdon Valley, PA, January 18, 2011 05:07
    We have 3 Kia's. One Sephia with 170 miles, cheap but still running. One 2004 optimia with 90,000 miles going well and one 2004 kia sedona minivan 50,000 miles engine just completely died-car is worthless. no warning or advance notice, we are shocked and dissappointed. we now need a car immediately.
    kennedy ridge road, North Olmsted, OH, December 10, 2010 08:51
    Kia gives you a 100k mile warranty, you will need every bit of it. My father in law, brother in law and mother in law all bought the same van (Kia Sedona) we can tell each other what will go wrong with the other because they all have the same issues. Seat belt latch light indicator won't work so the airbags won't deploy. Electrical problems, heater and air conditioning problems, rear hatch issues, wiper problems, headlight issues, front struts, and the list goes on and on. Cheap van but you pay more in the long run. I was told that because Kia repairs the issues under it's warranty they don't have to report those problems and therefore the dependability rating is inflated compared to an American built car. My next purchase will be a Ford!
    Visitor, Gilbert, AZ, November 17, 2010 21:28
    Constant issues, never resolved. No one can find the issue.
    jeffreyA, Mishawaka, IN, November 06, 2010 13:51
    Have had for a while plagued with electric problems, AC and heater blower problems.
    Visitor, Arlington, TN, November 03, 2010 18:27
    We've had numerous problems with our van including but not limiting to: break downs, shorted motor on sliding doors, tire pressure on with adequate tire pressure, etc. Recently, while driving our van on the freeway, we heard a cracking noise and saw smoke coming from the rear of the van. Subsequently, we lost all power steering and dash lights. After pulling over for safety, we found flames under the hood. This van was on fire!!!
    Visitor, Escondido, CA, October 27, 2010 12:54
    We bought the 2005 kia sedona brand new. A week after buying it, the a/c stopped working. They 'fixed it' of course. But I gotta say, the a/c on this kia is the weakest we've ever felt. It never really blows full on cold air, but everytime we've taken it in they say it works fine. We thought we had a 100,000 mile warranty, but apparently 60,000 is 100% covered and the last 40,000 is power train only. 1,000 miles out of warranty a radiator hose blew and 5,000 later the TPS is now an issue. These are ALL issues kia is aware of with this model but will not fix. NO MORE KIAS FOR THIS FAMILY! :(
    Visitor, Newport News, VA, October 13, 2010 07:41
    You know, you do get what you paid for. BUT and this is a BIG but...DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE SPENDING 25K on a brand new car! We have a 2006 Sedona and I absolutely LOVE my van! It's a wonderful family car. Very safe, drives beautifully, and when things have gone wrong with it (which yes, there have been some electrical hiccups) THE WARRANTY COVERS IT...EVEN IN KOREA!!! I don't know why people blame the car, the maker...if you do your research, stay on top of recalls or letters from the dealer telling you to come in for a replacement part then your car will run better, the way it's supposed to! All those who had "horrible problems" did you do your regular scheduled maintinence? Did you get oil changes when you were supposed to? Did you make sure the gas tank had some fuel in it? If you're car didn't work right did you call the dealer and take it in or did you try to fix it yourself? Are you a certified technician? Do you know about ALL the electronics in these cars? Did you spend the little extra money for the extended warranty or were you cheap? If you want a car to last more than five years these days (because face it they don't build them like they used to to last twenty+years) YOU HAVE TO DO WHAT THE MANUAL TELLS YOU TO DO and IF YOU DON"T HAVE A MANUAL GO ONLINE AND GET ONE OR GO TO THE DEALER AND GET ONE!!! I love my van. My kids and husband love our van. It's been a wonderful first brand new car experience for us. When we bought it, the 2006 Sedona had the highest safety rating of all the vans out there. It's a great van. Would recommend to anyone!
    Visitor, La Porte, TX, September 08, 2010 11:30
    STAY AWAY.
    Visitor, Hill Afb, UT, August 12, 2010 03:15
    Excellent mini-van! Had it for four and a half years (bought it brand new) and NEVER had an issue with it. Just oil changes and regular dealer maintenance.
    Visitor, Yuma, AZ, August 09, 2010 15:45
    We have 55k on it and have replaced the brakes, and rack&pinion, overall the van is good and if you consider that at the year end sales you can purchase it for 10,000 cheeper than the compatition, it is the best value in vans. (we paid $18,995 loaded)
    hatemykia, Hartford, CT, August 02, 2010 09:21
    I hate my van. I have put more then 12 front bearings on the passenger side. The dealer has even replaced the transmission thinking this was the problem. Still after 3 years of this I am still replacing bearings. I have been in contact with Kia and their rep Has tried to blame it on us. WAY TO STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT!!! I tell everyone I know to stay away and give them our experience. If you have lots of money to waste...then buy a kia sedona.
    eckels1664, Monongahela, PA, July 27, 2010 12:03
    air worked great 4 days now none ,dont know if im turning it on right,no owners manual,also alarm on key dosent work,is there a battery in key ring.high beams wont stay on
    Visitor, Greensboro, NC, July 25, 2010 18:06
    have put ALOT of money into this car/van. The electrical issues have been the worst. The doorlocks had a mind of their own.They would lock and unlock while driving or sitting still. I was actually afraid of getting locked in or out of my own vehicle whether I had the key or not!
    Visitor, Millsboro, DE, July 13, 2010 10:31
    good car have 69,000 had trans replaced under warrenty paid for motel&food
    Visitor, Burbank, CA, July 12, 2010 19:34
    2002 KIA Sedona would not buy another KIA forked out lots of money in repairs, not to mention I have to fork out 700 dollars for KIA to do major maintence every year. We bought a 2006 Toyota Tacomia and have not had any costly repairs (knock on wood) runs wonderful. We paid alot more for our Toyota but we never have issues with it, like out KIA. Major maintence is only around 400 dollars a year. I would buy a Toyotal next time.
    Visitor, Lansing, MI, July 10, 2010 07:31
    I'm sorry to read all the bad reviews on this van. I love mine (hate that I'm still paying on it - lol). Brought it certified in 2007 with 90k miles and other than the regular monthly maintenance, the only thing I've had to fix is the tie rods, but then I drive it like I'm in the Indy, my baby has some "get up" in her step. Every KS owner I run into here in town has nothing but praises for theirs too. I was blessed with a good vehicle -- Going to put it to the test with our first major road trip (michigan to NY - woo hoo). I'm confident that it will do just fine.
    Visitor, Nazareth, PA, July 01, 2010 10:00
    You get what you pay for. Looks great new, lots of features for the price. But it deteriorates quickly. Cheaply made, electrical and a/c issues out the wahzoo, and everything everyone else says. Owned the car only 45 months but 3K miles over warranty on basic and you are screwed - even on problems they are well aware of. Ford has more recalls, but that is becausse they actually recall when they know of a problem. KIA just waits you out. In the end, this brand can't be trusted, now matter how much they upgrade the styling. Never again. Never.
    dennyscook, Thornville, OH, June 30, 2010 17:47
    will never buy kia again either . replace alt and then belts break replaced belts now wont start at all wont even turn over. stupid thing is not even paid off yet didnt last the payments
    Visitor, Erie, PA, June 29, 2010 08:47
    bought this car in january of 09' and only 58,000 miles on started having problems with it 6 months after I got it. electrical, radiator, engine, well u name it and thats whats wrong with it. this is the worst thing i ever had bought.. i'm goin to stick with my chev.
  • 2007 Kia Sedona
    Visitor, Saint Michael, MN, June 05, 2010 12:37
    Minor electrical issues and a weird engine noise at startup that last for 3 seconds - like a heavy engine valve train noise
    Visitor, New Bern, NC, May 11, 2010 06:01
    Had air bag, battery, side door, headlight and numerous other problems.
    Visitor, Travelers Rest, SC, April 22, 2010 16:57
    this is the worst vehicle i ve ever bought and will not buy another kia
    robert844, Adelanto, CA, November 12, 2009 13:42
    hahhahahhahahhaha you serious.a ford the worst car youve ever owned.ahahhahahahhaha thats a good one.my neidhbor has one of these Killed In Action's.the worst POS on the planet.its had 6 batteries 4 alternators and 4 transmissions.his friends mom has the same pos and the same problems.and there is no warranty.not to mention the airbags went off for no reason.nobody was in the car but he went to use the keyless entry and pop the airbags went off LMAO.dont buy a killed in action buy a FORD.
    Tooold, Leesburg, VA, April 15, 2009 06:29
    Good value for money. Some small problems fixed under warranty (great dealership). Only needed Alternator replacing at 80,000 miles. Usual Sedona problems with Air bag / light seatbelt. Has never let me down. I bought new to replace a Ford Windstar that was the worse car I ever owned.
    rdwdealer, Lehi, UT, March 24, 2009 11:56
    A great car so far! A few electrical problem with the side door slider, etc. But my warranty covered it.