» Cadillac

Reviews for 22 Cadillac models:

Cadillac Reviews and Owner Comments

Cadillac Owner Reviews (22 reviews)
    Cadillac Cadillac DeVille Owner Reviews (see 122 reviews)
  • 2004 Cadillac DeVille
    , Bethpage, NY, April 15, 2015 10:05
    My 2004 caddy deville now has 225,000 miles on it. Being a mechanic for 34 years I know this engine. There are alot of pattern failures on this vehicle each one replaced. Head gaskets , Transmission 741 code ( Solenoid ) etc etc. I fix my own cars and immaculately take care of them. This car with the repairs and failures was a challenge. Don't listen to the manufacturer. Change the Oil and the Filter every 2500 to 3000 miles , drain and flush the radiator fluid , changing the hoses and dexcool. If you do a brake job blow out the Fluid and put new fluid in the system after 100,000. Do your transmission fluid changes every 50000 miles. This car has to be kept cool and lubed. Good Idea to put a good lube treatment in the fuel tank, such as Lucas Fuel conditioner. The fuel today is a very dry fuel because of the lack of lead and the additives such as ethanol.They don't have it precisely correct, it wouldn't be a bad Idea to add this conditioner to the fuel and once every fill up. It will be worth it. It adds Lubricity to the system, great for the injectors and the fuel pump which has an internal jet pump etc. All this needs to be done because it is an 8 cylinder aluminum engine. Fluids are dry, fuel etc. Think of any car as a big friction machine. lube the shit out of everything and you wont have a problem. But there are generic pattern failures with this car that shouldn't happen to a 48,000 to 50,000 dollar car new. It doesn't matter how well you maintain it. It is a heavy car and the light aluminum parts will go sooner than later. Always use a good replacement part,many have upgrades after pattern failures were reported. Use A/c Delco , Denso, Timkin, GM , or Moog Hub bearings Moog Front end parts etc. Always try to get original GM parts but Moog and Denso Standard have upgrades and excellent quality control sometimes better than GM. Enjoy
  • Cadillac Cadillac CTS Owner Reviews (see 42 reviews)
  • 2003 Cadillac CTS
    , Northampton, PA, March 26, 2015 17:31
    Well here we go I bought this car when i turned 18 thinking it would be awesome this is probably the worst mistake of my life im 21 now and i have had way to many problems one the head-gasket blew 900$ to fix 2 the water leaks in through the sun roof and in the trunk currently my trunk is flooded the back plastic peace the covers the licence plate blew off on my way to work one day costs 600$ for a new one the horn just died a few days ago part of the rear interior hangs down and wont go back in place the trunk hinges broke so now its heavy as hell and wont stay open the heat dosent really work at all the motor in the drivers seat died so now it cant move back in fourth the wood grain is starting to crack all around it goes through oil like its a race car it gets horrible radio reception theres a 40$ dollar piece that needs to be replaced regarding the thermostat the makes the check engine light come on and stay on whenever its below 50 degrees Fahrenheit but you need to pull out the entire engine to be able to get to it replace headlights or tailight bulbs is such a pain in the ass and way harder then it should be and now im getting tired of typing but thats about half of the problems ive had with this piece of junk car
  • Cadillac Cadillac Seville STS Owner Reviews (see 36 reviews)
  • 1999 Cadillac Seville STS
    , Ellicott City, MD, September 23, 2013 22:52
    Purchased in 1999, original owner, I only drive it occasionally and have around 71k miles on it now. Only 1 major issue with the vehicle - a nagging vibration at 65mph caused by either axle or something in the suspension up front. Original tires, and replacement tires as well as rims have been high speed road force balanced twice but vibration continues. Replacing the axle will be next, something I can do in the driveway. My Northstar burns oil, always has, like a big block truck motor it uses about a quart for every 2500 miles. Holding my breath for the notorious head gasket failure. If that happens, I'm off to buy another brand this time around.
  • Cadillac Cadillac Eldorado Owner Reviews (see 31 reviews)
  • 1995 Cadillac Eldorado
    , North Tonawanda, NY, March 30, 2014 16:24
    Great car, gas mileage and the ride is the greatest but the heat exchange box deter rated in the engine compartment, temp repair fixed the problem, but I can imagine the cost to replace the box would be.
  • Cadillac Cadillac SRX Owner Reviews (see 26 reviews)
  • 2010 Cadillac SRX
    , Deer Park, NY, November 04, 2014 15:21
    We two 2010 SRXs. One had major AC problems at 10K that took 5 visits to the dealer to fix. I also had to have all the wheel bearings replaced at 65K. The other SRX had the same bearing problem and now the head lights don't work, we think because of moisture. We have the extended warranties on both and now the dealer is saying the head lights are not included. And it isn't just the bulbs. It is a housing issue. I'll never buy another.
  • Cadillac Cadillac Escalade Owner Reviews (see 19 reviews)
  • 2008 Cadillac Escalade
    , Colorado Springs, CO, May 17, 2014 21:39
    The 2008 Cadillac Escalade AWD is not built to the quality that Cadillac boost about. I have had to replaced bolt front an rear shocks, I have purchased the vehicle at 37000 miles. Do not buy a leased Escalade because the one I purchased was not well maintain. The windows was in terrible conditions from water damage. I have replaced the tires 3 times, due to wheel alignment, and bad shocks. Do not go to a shop for replacement shops, go gmpartsdirect.com or gmpartseast.com. The window trim at the bottom of the window stated peeling, the only solution I have received is to replace, it is very costly to do this, again poor quality. Cadillac if you see this my email is garytaylor51@q.com, feel free, I would like to know the solution to this problem, other than the replacement one.
  • Cadillac Cadillac STS Owner Reviews (see 17 reviews)
  • 2009 Cadillac STS
    , Slidell, LA, July 24, 2014 12:38
    Stay on top of the maintenance. Don't treat it like a comaro when its a Cadillac. Don't complain about the small things.. Can't speak for the other sts owners, but mine is fun to drive and looks "saf" (black on mat black) :) peace.
  • Cadillac Cadillac Seville SLS Owner Reviews (see 16 reviews)
  • 1999 Cadillac Seville SLS
    , Ridgefield, WA, January 26, 2015 15:31
    i bought my sls two years ago. had security system fixed, ( was the ignition switch). it now has 221,933k miles on it and runs great.shocks all bad though and cost more to replace than blue book for car.what a shame.other down side to this car is the low beams. lenses yellowed, like the shocks,very expensive to replace
  • Cadillac Cadillac Catera Owner Reviews (see 15 reviews)
  • 2000 Cadillac Catera
    , Sanger, TX, September 15, 2013 21:01
    The Catera is a Vauxhall/Opel Omega built in Germany. Read the European reviews and you do not find the problems experienced on the Cadillac badged Omega's. Could it be that American mechanic's/technicians do not have the expertise to repair or maintain them?
  • Cadillac Cadillac DTS Owner Reviews (see 13 reviews)
  • 2010 Cadillac DTS
    , Washington, DC, October 05, 2014 14:43
    Fuse box under rear seat particularly the fuel pump relay gone bad dealer charges 285 for the box How is this not a recall issue when it is apparent a known problem to all dealers
  • Cadillac Cadillac Seville Owner Reviews (see 11 reviews)
  • 2003 Cadillac Seville
    , Plainville, CT, November 04, 2012 12:21
    bought my 03 sls used with 100K and no engine leaks at all. Beautiful car with all options. Only Problem is a leaking transaxle seal on the drivers side, that really dumps it out when in reverse. Love this car has more power than you'll ever need. So I'm going to pay the 1,400 to fix the seal. To me it'll be worth it.
  • Cadillac Cadillac DeVille DTS Owner Reviews (see 7 reviews)
  • 2003 Cadillac DeVille DTS
    , Clearwater, FL, February 21, 2014 01:12
    Hi I'm Donald and you can assume that I'm a mechanic. It's one of my greatest pains but best joys! I also own a 2003 Cadillac Deville with the 4.6 northstar Engine. I'm also an auto Mechanic! I just can't think of a better trade to have than one that allows you to test the limits with your northstar. When it breaks it's going to need LOTS of the best deserved attention and I DO GIVE my Deville all it needs despite the design flaws. It's great! Working on it makes learning about it a real challenge! But I rise to all of those occasions and meet the challenges, I have to! I like to keep it looking and running FRESH! I get the best of both worlds. I get to learn, drive and experience my car to beyond what most owners of these need to be pampered powerhouses can, but if it breaks I just plugin and make the necessary repairs myself and continue enjoying what the designers wanted me to. They are a uniquely different breed of engines that do deliver and break! But they are also resilient. I Love My Deville! Thanks Don
  • Cadillac Cadillac Escalade EXT Owner Reviews (see 6 reviews)
  • 2009 Cadillac Escalade EXT
    , Chandler, AZ, February 29, 2012 23:53
    On the phone with on Star when my battery went dead. When I got the car started there was no sound connected to none of my systems On Star, CD, Radio, etc.
  • Cadillac Cadillac CTS-V Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 2012 Cadillac CTS-V
    , Missouri City, TX, April 20, 2013 10:03
    Although this car is extremely fast, it is still using an old school pushrod engine with aftermarket cheap OEM junk. Tires were gone after 5K miles, gearbox and supercharger failed shortly after purchasing. Buy an AMG you'll be much happier
  • Cadillac Cadillac Fleetwood Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 1991 Cadillac Fleetwood
    , San Antonio, TX, August 10, 2014 04:34
    mayne im swangin on these hoe's every day... lemme hit da switches on these fuk niggas!
  • Cadillac Cadillac XLR Owner Reviews (see 4 reviews)
  • 2005 Cadillac XLR
    , Danville, CA, November 25, 2012 01:48
    The car's a blast to drive. Two things wrong: a) the suspension (especially the rear) is just not up to the car's potential, it wobbles and pitches at even the slightest bump in the road while cornering, and b) the coolant will simply not stay in the engine, it keeps belching gobs of coolant every time I turn the engine off. Yup, I've tried new coolant caps but to no avail. Other than that it's great. I'm going to rebuild that rear suspension, surely no one builds a performance car with that type of unstable and twitchy rear end.
  • Cadillac Cadillac Escalade ESV Owner Reviews (see 4 reviews)
  • 2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV
    , Morristown, TN, January 30, 2014 14:29
    When it gets cold the battery quits cranking the car have replaced the battery 2 times have also checked the altanator every thing checked ok .What ckuld it be?
  • Cadillac Cadillac STS-V Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 2007 Cadillac STS-V