Cadillac Reviews

Cadillac Reviews and Owner Comments

How to replace the spark plugs
I absolutely love my 91 Deville, 2 door. Most comfortable smooth ride I've ever owned. Body is immaculate, and when she's polished she's a beautiful sight goin down the highway. Headliner needs replacing, and need to replace window motors on both sides. I'm never getting rid of it, if it breaks, I'll fix it! Stereo original hasn't worked since I bought it, having new system installed next week, radio and speakers. My dream machine! No doubt.
Service ride control and traction control lights are always on. I do love my truck,though! She's my baby!
I am an 18 year old kid and bought this as my first car. That being said, I don't expect it to last me that long cause when something goes wrong it is very expensive to fix it.when that day comes I'll have to part it out:(
2011 CTS with 29,000 miles. Steering wheel was loose, lots of play. They had to replace the control arm. Got the car back and steering wheel is cocked about 8 degrees to the right, not dead on center. Brought it back multiple times. Finally they had to replace the entire steering rack. Should not happen on a car with 29K miles
I had this car since new. Common problems be brakes and replaced 3rd solenoid. The Deville runs like a champ purchased it in 2003 brand new of Feb '03 still have all records. Got DHS model look super fantastic just love my Caddy enjoying many more years of life with it.
Piece of crap. I will never buy another Cadillac again after all problems had just liked my 2000 Seville. This car spent 18 days into shop even overnight for bad engine module at 85,000 miles my mechanic advised that might go ahead get another engine replacement plus took to dealer 23x for bad trans/leaking oil situation but was charged higher fee since my car is out of warranty thought changing oils would been better actually wrong the car now burns oil like crazy still didn't do any good. I've had brake problems spent $123.98 on rotors, calipers and pinions they seemed need changing just about every year or so the car is breaking me at this time. The battery blew twice went to places like NAPA, AutoZone and Advance Auto getting new batteries because some reason it's something in engine causing my batteries to just blow for no apparently reason. I spent too much getting new catalytic converter although didn't go through my dealer figured go to mechanic be cheaper instead dealing with hassles but couldn't win for losing the car might need another one replaced. Can't believe a car over 10 years old with low miles has tons of problems for beautiful car like this one I take very good care of it even when took into dealer for services starting having these problems contacted GM was just worst for me because no one didn't help with the problems. I'm already finished paying car off for 5 years ago but now it's time for me get another vehicle know ever trade in wouldn't be worth nothing as this car value probably not a thing in all expensive repairs put down on it. Steering had to be checked by a mechanic seems something was making popping noises from under dashboard plus had a leak on my leg might be bad steering pump leak my mechanic couldn't find anything what be caused of it all I know it's not a Cadillac. When made another mistake should have known better not to touch another Cadillac after dealing with another 5 year old car was a lemon as well but now never again buy a Cadillac time for me move on another make after experience with both Cadillac's looking at Hyundai or etc. GOOD RIDDANCE!!!
I like this car a lot but a few things are a pain.The dash set up is not the best, the vents for the A/C only move in 2 directions not 4 so you cannot direct the cold air how you like. . Also, the clock on the dash is very shiny, and creates a lot of glare when the sun hits it, which happens a lot more than you would think. It makes it hard to see sometimes. ALso the radio is only average sound wise. I have had cheaper cars with much better sound systems. Mechanically it is still in good shape at 63000+ miles .
I have for this car 5 years the car had 5500 miles on it when I first bought it. A little grandma owned this vehicle. The car sat for a long time, never was used that often. I paid $12,000 For this car, the car was like brand-new. she paid $46,000 dollars for it new. The only thing I put into it was a new battery. The battery in the car at the time was five years old, did not want to take a chance. So I changed it. And later on in time I had to put an air blower for the catalytic converter under the drivers Side front bumper. Not expensive at all. The interior still had the new car smell. Which surprised the heck out of me being that the car was five years old at the time. Everything and I mean everything on the car was original. now came the problems, the engine had 39,000 miles on it. After I had the oil changed started to leak, it was six months and 1500 miles after the oil change that I noticed the passenger side front of the engine started to leak oil. Maybe it's the filter or the oil pan plug gasket. I don't know, but I will find out tomorrow because I'm going to get under the car to find out exactly where it's coming from. Also I had replaced all the brakes and the rotors at 40,000 miles. I think it's too soon, I think I should have gotten more miles out of the brakes.The brakes were original equipment when the car was manufactured. Now the passenger-side rear airshock is leaking like crazy to my surprise I never had An air shock like this go so soon with only 40,000 miles on it I am replacing both tomorrow. I can't complain about what I have to do now. I got the car at a fantastic price. The car was like new and for what I paid I cannot complain what I am complaining about is the oil leak that started, the engine is still like brand new, the rear airshock is leaking like crazy and the brakes went to soon and what I mean went to soon, metal to metal there was no indication on the dashboard to tell me this. I had to find out from listening and the feel of the car.
My 2004 caddy deville now has 225,000 miles on it. Being a mechanic for 34 years I know this engine. There are alot of pattern failures on this vehicle each one replaced. Head gaskets , Transmission 741 code ( Solenoid ) etc etc. I fix my own cars and immaculately take care of them. This car with the repairs and failures was a challenge. Don't listen to the manufacturer. Change the Oil and the Filter every 2500 to 3000 miles , drain and flush the radiator fluid , changing the hoses and dexcool. If you do a brake job blow out the Fluid and put new fluid in the system after 100,000. Do your transmission fluid changes every 50000 miles. This car has to be kept cool and lubed. Good Idea to put a good lube treatment in the fuel tank, such as Lucas Fuel conditioner. The fuel today is a very dry fuel because of the lack of lead and the additives such as ethanol.They don't have it precisely correct, it wouldn't be a bad Idea to add this conditioner to the fuel and once every fill up. It will be worth it. It adds Lubricity to the system, great for the injectors and the fuel pump which has an internal jet pump etc. All this needs to be done because it is an 8 cylinder aluminum engine. Fluids are dry, fuel etc. Think of any car as a big friction machine. lube the shit out of everything and you wont have a problem. But there are generic pattern failures with this car that shouldn't happen to a 48,000 to 50,000 dollar car new. It doesn't matter how well you maintain it. It is a heavy car and the light aluminum parts will go sooner than later. Always use a good replacement part,many have upgrades after pattern failures were reported. Use A/c Delco , Denso, Timkin, GM , or Moog Hub bearings Moog Front end parts etc. Always try to get original GM parts but Moog and Denso Standard have upgrades and excellent quality control sometimes better than GM. Enjoy
bs, I got 32 mpg at steady 60mph on freeway stretch whils't checking gas/miles, car had 66k and was running real smooth...................al_gy
Well here we go I bought this car when i turned 18 thinking it would be awesome this is probably the worst mistake of my life im 21 now and i have had way to many problems one the head-gasket blew 900$ to fix 2 the water leaks in through the sun roof and in the trunk currently my trunk is flooded the back plastic peace the covers the licence plate blew off on my way to work one day costs 600$ for a new one the horn just died a few days ago part of the rear interior hangs down and wont go back in place the trunk hinges broke so now its heavy as hell and wont stay open the heat dosent really work at all the motor in the drivers seat died so now it cant move back in fourth the wood grain is starting to crack all around it goes through oil like its a race car it gets horrible radio reception theres a 40$ dollar piece that needs to be replaced regarding the thermostat the makes the check engine light come on and stay on whenever its below 50 degrees Fahrenheit but you need to pull out the entire engine to be able to get to it replace headlights or tailight bulbs is such a pain in the ass and way harder then it should be and now im getting tired of typing but thats about half of the problems ive had with this piece of junk car
Bought the car new ten years ago and have not had any problems until last week (Friday the 13th)..was about 20 miles from home for an appt. and the ignition would not work. The key was stuck. A young man saw what was going on and seemed to know what to do and got the key out. The car started and when I got it in my garage the key was hopelessly stuck again. We are waiting for it to be towed to a garage....Dashboard lights are iffy...sometime work and sometime not...
i bought my sls two years ago. had security system fixed, ( was the ignition switch). it now has 221,933k miles on it and runs great.shocks all bad though and cost more to replace than blue book for car.what a shame.other down side to this car is the low beams. lenses yellowed, like the shocks,very expensive to replace
drive train driveshaft had to be replaced, $300 to replace headlight. bumper had to come off. 3.6 V6 12.5 city 19 highway take fuse out of awd system and can get 16.8 city and 22.5 highway. Chrome rims are junk rim leaks on all four rims, dealer says tires, Tire store shows me the rims they take tires off and rims look like they are contaminated or bad castings, they wire wheel them put tires on balance and send me out the door. good for about 5-6 months and it starts all over again, back to see my friends at tire store. This car only has 22,000 miles. I came from a Lexus and have a new one comming
I had this car since late 2000. The Town cars and Grand Marquises are discontinued along with Deville. It did need few repairs engine idle rough checked under hood since have a encyclopedia mechanic book so saw one of the coils misfire plus got 3 struts replaced and oil pump but idling came from EGR valve cover solved problem. Deville runs smoothly now since I fixed couple of things very comfortable the Northstar engine is quiet like brand new. Overall it is a nice car very well trustworthy driving I have 180,000 miles never took in shop but for a recall love exterior paint Silver plus got tinted windows. Caddy handles weather conditions so well no problems starts up first turn key this car has never broke down I really appreciate it being a solid car for a Cadillac nice equipped no other work needed but I am thinking might need to replaced manifold intake gasket to me looks plastic but will solve that problem shortly air conditioning needed few work done like one of the vents wasn't blowing air and replaced compressor help solve the problem. It might burn just a drop of oil but not be expensive one thing put money be brakes doesn't last long at all on this car got shoes, calipers, rotors and pads all fixed at same time now they are squeaking again nothing major on car just common problem on these Cadillac's so all original on a 14 yr old car think still looks gorgeous being a 2000 model car.
DON'T BUY THIS CAR unless love spending time in dealer shop. God in his heaven knows could turn the hands back in time never would have got this car. I too have a 2008 CTS burns oil 2/3 quarts last told since out of warranty GM won't help me I have all receipts when first took my car in for 1st scheduled maintenance at 45,000 miles check engine light came on took in to dealer said that car burning 2 quarts of oil...Now since I am 62,000 miles went through 2/3qts I have contacted GM several times get same lame about take to dealer can't help because since waited so long warranty has expired...WHAT A SHAME! Now Cadillac thinks that I'm going to pay for the cost no way. I also had issues with transmission, brakes, steering issues add to list of things have lots of problems. It wouldn't start at grocery store called AAA towed to junkyard overnight since was on a Sunday but next day Monday I called dealer back told them the tow truck was going to bring my car in because had problems wouldn't start leaving me stranded in parking lot at grocery store. They got a chance look at it now engine rebuilt because pistons and oil rings rotten out spend $1575 BUT BY GRACE OF GOD glad had the money repairing why should I pay on something that is on GM and Cadillac be half. I got this car because was a Cadillac fan but now lost faith in both GM and Cadillac never again purchase from this company. This has been the worst experience ever I driven 2 imports and 3 Chryslers none never have had problems. When next week are so comes I am trading this piece of junk in for an well made vehicle either Chrysler, Honda, Nissan or Ford. No GMs for this person when I'm done I am done no more dealing with this lousy company.
Purchased quite used in December of 2013. This Fleetwood had 84,000 miles after twenty years! The ride cannot be beat. The mileage is excellent (24MPG) and the power (160 HP) is phenominal. I said many years ago that I'd not ever drive an ugly car. This is the car of my dreams. When something on it needs attention, I don't mind putting the money into it....it's worth it!
My Wife loves Cadillacs so I bought her a Gorgeous (so I thought) 2001 Deville with 69000 miles on it. We didn't have it 2 days when it started leaking transmission fluid and a little oil. Took it to my buddies (so I thought ) transmission shop. He had it 2 weeks and presented me with a $2578.00 Repair Bill. Basically, he rebuilt 1/2 the Transmission and found a cracked oil pan. I'm 65 and this is the biggest car repair bill I have ever had in my life. So, now I call the Car my 14 year old $6600 Caddy. We'll see what happens next ( I can't wait) but I'm already kicking myself in the butt for buying this Car.I'm sure glad I didn't pay $50K for it new. GM should be ashamed of themselves for building and selling these Nightmares. I have an old Yukon I was going to sell but now I'm keeping as a backup for when this Caddy breaks down next. Just got it out of the shop 2 days ago and now a Check Engine Light.Just Great !!
I bought my 1998 Cadillac in 2005, the only thing wrong is the horn went off sometimes during the night without notice, First time police came , second time it happened, they disconnected for me, I have 73.003 miles, getting between 21 & 23 mpg using medium gas, I drove Lincoln's for years and came back to Cadillac for their performance and elegance
they should rename this car engine light its constant on code p2157 p301 p300 been to dealer 5 times spent over 900.00 dollars running worse than before not a dependable vehicle at all cant wait to get ride of it [money pit]
We two 2010 SRXs. One had major AC problems at 10K that took 5 visits to the dealer to fix. I also had to have all the wheel bearings replaced at 65K. The other SRX had the same bearing problem and now the head lights don't work, we think because of moisture. We have the extended warranties on both and now the dealer is saying the head lights are not included. And it isn't just the bulbs. It is a housing issue. I'll never buy another.
burns oil top off every week service engine soon light on solenoid 2x's not going 1 more time over all its a caddy
2001 Deville with Northstar engine,orignal owner. My care runs good until I take the car to the dealership. It doesn't matter what problem the car is having. After pickup another problem is created. Just spend $3000 on brakes replacement, air condition, power steering problem. The original trouble was power steering fluid on driveway. They replaced a 3 ft long metal tube with a filter in the middle. Next day, my air conditioner was blowing hot air. They found a torn hoses. Hose replacement and oil change. Next day after pickup, after driving 20 miles. I heard an audible alarm, display "idle engine" and car temperature was going up. Turn engine off immediately and had car towed to dealership. Waiting from dealership. I love the comfortable of my 2001 Cadillac Deville. Ready to move on to a foreign car. This car has cost an arm and leg in repair bills. Ready to report Dealer ship to BBA and DA.
Fuse box under rear seat particularly the fuel pump relay gone bad dealer charges 285 for the box How is this not a recall issue when it is apparent a known problem to all dealers
I purchased my caddy 5 years ago with over 100000 miles on it. I now have 160000.I love the ride, and living in Iowa it gets cold in the winter and it has never failed to start. I love this car in spite of a couple of issues. I have two major complaints; window regulators for one. I have replaced the drivers side front twice, and the rear passenger once. The rear decided to go bad driving down the highway, no one ever sits in my back seat so it wasn't due to use. Now they are bad again.I just located an online parts site where I can purchase four new regulators cheaper than the price of one from a parts yard used. Eagerly waiting for them to arrive. Lucky my hubby was a mechanic before retirement. FREE LABOR! My biggest complaint of all is the rims. I can't seem to keep air in them the leak all the time. Twice it was from cracks in the rims. Costly repalcement. They have not been curbed or driven flat or on rough roads yet they fail. Every two to three months I have to have the tires removed and the corrision cleaned from the rims and a heavy tire glue applied and then the tire replaced. That is good for a couple of months before it has to be repeated. Very costly and annoying when you have to get another ride to work. I feel GM needs to find another wheel manufacturer or a better design. THEY SHOULD BE RECALLED!!!!!!! My big fear is that one will fail when I am on the road and cause an accident. So far it has been a crack and I was in town when I noticed it, a break at highway speeds could kill someone. I think the need to be recalled now before someone is seriously injured if they haven't been already. By the way if you haven't recieved your recall letter yet this model has a recall on the ignition. Remove your key ring and ONLY use the key when operating this model. The extra weight can cause the ignition to shut off and has caused accidents. I got my letter about a week ago so it is not hear-say.
the below review is right on the money when it rains...i have the same problem..there is moisture in both of my headlights on the plastic part of the lights. water has somehow soaked into the the carpet of the passenger side only and it was a heavy rain day. i have no problem with the shift thank goodness.
torque control solenoid is a joke replaced three times more to come too damn pissed off right now
the seat motor burned out, only had car 6 months. took auto to repair shop. put the new motor in, but still not working because there is a computer that controls the motor to make the seats move back and forth. Having to take car to the Cadillac dealership because they are the only ones that can repair it
we cannot seem to keep front lights (driving and turn signal) from blowing on a regular basis. a pain to change and disassemble the front bumper for repair. Amazingly horrible design.