Audi Reviews

Audi Reviews and Owner Comments

For a year I took my a6 4.2 to the dealer several times because a low coolant light continued to come on. I eventually gave up on y40 mile round trip to Annapolis to DC for this problem. I just kept g12 coolant in the trunk. It eventually was fixed by a service shop that I took it to for oil leaks. Now I have another oil leak. But it only leaks when its parked over night. Another dealer said its the valley pan gasket. To repair this will cost $3000+...
My commuter car, great in the winter, decent mileage. I have recently run into the 110k maintenance and the check engine light is coming on and having trouble diagnosing it. 1500 in and still comes on.
Some plastic fittings on the front passenger seat have failed. Several painted surfaces on the headlight switch, mirror switch and heating and A/C controls have worn off. The radio on/off button has come off. The front suspension needs relatively frequent repairs. The roads are terrible around here. Water pump and oil cooler replace at different times. The latter repair VERY expensive.
Just an absolutely fantastic car. The technology is superior to Mercedes and Infiniti (both I have owned). Fun to drive. The V-6 engine has a supercharger which puts out an exhilarating ride without any turbo lag.
Whats not to like. A splendid car all around for my needs. Doubles on a number of counts. Its roomy utility hatchback to carry a fair size load but stylish enough to take to a gala concert. It has both both great highway comfort, and nimble in city traffic attributes. Plenty of torque for highway entries, power to holdup at speed. No compromise when it comes to build quality, houses sensible group of interior features, very nice sun-roof with extended roof glass. All works very well, love the zone controls and heated seats. Distances its competitors on fuel economy and attention to ever so important eco-friendly/low emission feature. Can't think of any other vehicle that comes close to this excellent design.
This car is so good!!!, I planned for two years to get one. I had an 01 A4 for 10 years and I loved this car from the day it came out. I have a 2011 premium plus titanium I got in Feb 2014. Driving this car is so much fun, and the build quality is awesome, with Audis flawless interior and the great 4.2 V8 it makes good noise. The grip is incredible, the only down side is the ride is a little rough if you have summer tires on it, but the fun more than makes up for it.
i have had so many problems with m car but i love it and will pay for whaever reapairs t needs
This has by far been the best car I have ever owned. It is extremely smooth to drive and hardly makes any noise even at highway speeds. Not only this, but the A6 has been a very reliable car. It is now 4 years old but it still runs and looks like new. So far. the only issue was I needed to have a bulb replaced in one of my daytime running lights. It ended up only costing $35 and took 30 minutes. Overall, after owning and Audi, I can't picture myself wanting to buy any other car.
have an audi 2000 a4 the rain water is pooling in the battery housing and then leaking into the drivers side floor area. the water then goes into the rear floor board. have had the car for several years and have had minimal problems but this new one is frustrating the crap out of me. where is the drain for this area??? any ideas??
have a 2000 a4, have been having trouble with the rain water pooling in the battery housing and leaking into the interior of the car. the drivers floor is soaked and then the water goes into the rear seat floor board. any ideas on how to fix problem? where is the drain for this area?? sooo very frustrating
What a machine! my 1990 v8 is the oldest yet its one of the best cars I have ever driven. Suspension is hard at lower speeds and the 0-60 figures are not impressive...and then you get past 60 mph and you realize exactly what this car is all about. SPEED! Definate autobahn car, its super well built and grip levels are insane! Steering is telepathic and allows to feeling road surface without it being annoying, it spacious, driving position is excellent and the bucket seats are to die for. That being said, really expensive repair costs. Its hard to find parts for and for a car this old you will have electrical issues. A definate keeper is you have the cash!
did you fix light. "on&off"
I have owned my 01 S4 Avant 6 speed for 5 years now. I bought it form the original owner with 120K miles on it with service records. My wife drives it daily and has 205K on it. The car still has original clutch, head gaskets, and turbos. Most repairs have been general maintance, but some repairs are costly. Some parts such as EGT sensors, O2 sensors and center driveshaft carrier bearing failure cost massive amounts of money. Although the timing belt kit wasn't to expensive, it still required 5.5 hrs of my time to install. I have owned every german car from vw to Porsche and our S4 is a top 3 favorite of mine. It is second to none in the snow. The downfalls of the car are keeping tread on the tires (3rd set now), expensive parts, and cluster display window not fully lit. Over all, I'm impressed with the S4 function and reliability and I would by another.
2011 Audi TT Quattro Coupe: three times in 7000 miles I suffered through ignition coil failures. First time at 26000 miles, second at 31000, and third at 32000. Each was a different ignition coil, and all three were replaced under warranty. But, I was not told by the service rep at the Audi dealer that Audi recognized this as a continuing problem, until after the third failure. During the third service, the final two were replaced with the new part number, and I was "assured" that this would resolve my problem. If you own a 2011 TT, you might want to inquire of your dealer's service dept. about possible switching out of the old part number with authorized replacement part.
my 97 audi a4 quattro does not accelerate with the gas pedal floor or half way .You floor it and wait for the car to gain speed trouble code p1136,p1476 band p0441 with 242652 miles it burn oil
I bought the car new I had to bring it back to replace the radiator. Twice I had to have it towed back to the dealer because it would not start. The check engine light went on about three times. I had to bring it back to the dealer to find out why. It was bogging down from the stop on acceleration. All of those problems happened when it was still under warranty. After that I had to replace the gas pump, the wind shield whipper motor. After of all the problems that I had to repair, The engine blue around 95,000 miles. I replaced the engine. If any one wants to by it, let me know....
Great car loved it so I bought a newer one 2008 with 3.2 love it even more.
I HAVE A 2004 A8 IN MY DASH LIGHTS CUTS OF IN ON DO ANYBODY NO WHAT THAT COULD BE
all 4 wheels just locked up on me while driving down interstate?
Bought a CPO 6-spd 225 with 39K that was my daily driver until I reached 291,000 in 6 yrs. No engine problems but needed new control panel by 200K, routinely maintained at dealership, still running well when I sold it 6 mos ago.
great car minimum of repair issues, but when needed they are pricey. recently used repairpal recommended shop great service fair price
Is this car pure sex or what!? I just love the styling of it, can stare at it's sleek & sexy lines all day! The passing power is wonderful as is the Quattro action whether rain or snow I feel secure. Yes the many dollars spent on maintenance & repairs and the turbo lag are so annoying, but I love my Allroad! Sorry to hear the new model lacks in power and has deleted the manual transmission means I won't be buying another.
This is an Exciting lovely roomy car, and good mpg.on a drive 42 mpg, according to the in car computer. I need to buy a additional ignition key, and the Audi dealer wasn't £240.00. I hpope there is another way.
electrical problems minor..check engine light and check air bag light always on in audi's.. always problems with emissions at inspection time
25,000 Dollar paper weight! My Audi TT sits out back broken for the last five years in like new condition [bad instrument cluster repaired three times!] [BOOST LEAK] [BAD WATER PUMP][AIR BAG LIGHT] [CHECK ENGINE LIGHT][BAD TEMP SWITCH][ect.] this car was garage kept and driven easy with the best of care! It was like pulling teeth to get 40,000 miles out of it! POS! Won't buy any Audi again!
Owned the vehicle for nearly 7 years now. No major maintainence/repair work has been required. However, I have performed most of my own routine maintainence; such as brakes, timing belt and routine fluid changes. The car is Quattro (all-wheel drive) and has had drivetrain seal issues (I have had a shop replace twice $150/ea).
Rear seat belt tab dissapeared into the retractor cover never to be seen again. Can't find an easy way to pull it back out unless one takes appart all of the trim panels. Any suggestions??
do not buy this car. its lie a beautyfull wife that u cant sleep with . you will only spend money on it but you wil not use it.
1999 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8 turbo. Since of two weeks ago my car takes a while to start the first time and the engine doesn't sound like it is running at its full potential. So then I will turn it off and restart it and it will start almost instantly. Also since of the past two weeks my car doesn't seem like it has as much power and sometimes makes a whooshing sound but I can only hear it from within the car. The thing that is kinda bothering me though is that the weather is starting to get around -5 to +1 and the car should be starting better then it did when it was -20 to -30 outside.
Bought my 2001 S4 new in March 2002. It has 149,000 miles now. It has been an excellent car. It is a 6 speed manual with the original clutch. Wondering how much longer the clutch will last. It does not slip but am thinking it must be getting close to the end of its useful life. Am wondering if I should sell it while it runs well or keep it and eventually replace the clutch. Any advice on this would be helpful.