Reviews for Mercedes-Benz E320 years:

Mercedes-Benz E320 Reviews and Owner Comments

Mercedes-Benz E320Owner Reviews (42 reviews)
    Hoover, El Sobrante, CA, May 29, 2014 12:03
    I have owned this car since 2000 and I am very happy with the experience. I purchased it as a two year old lease return. I have garaged it since purchase and maintained it annually. I also have it detailed after each winter inside and out. Feeding the leather annually has kept the leather supple and like new. I live in a non-snow/road salt area so there's no rust. At 16 years old the car still looks new. That said my only gripe is with the transmission and rear window regulators. I've had the transmission replaced once, after owning the car ten years, with an updated version and the rear window regulators replaced three times. The rear regulators are poorly designed in my opinion. I've gotten very good wear, and non of the dust problems, with ceramic brake pads. And have only replaced the rotors once. Prior to the switch I was taking the car in for brakes almost on an annual basis. The engine is bullet proof in my opinion and at 136,000 miles it still feels peppy and strong. Using Mobil-1 synthetic motor oil it's entire life has protected the engine and kept it running very smooth and quiet. I feel very safe in this car. The body feels like a tank. Overall I will buy this model again if I find that Daimler has kept up the quality control on this model.
    Visitor, Youngstown, NY, May 02, 2014 04:07
    My 1999 Mercedes engine will not turn over, battery is good where is the starter on this engine, E320 matic
    billdawg38730, Boyle, MS, April 05, 2014 12:18
    I bought my e320 in 2006 it had been repoed and it had poor maintenance,but I replaced everything under the hood,including all plugs,,wires,,converters,,the whole ball of wax,,this car as a whole,,is awesome .It rides and drives great,,,i just repainted it two months ago, and no major issues,,All in all this is an awesome car and looks good,,and the stereo is killer Ha,
    Visitor, Parsippany, NJ, April 04, 2014 16:23
    Love this Vehicle. I purchased this vehicle brand new. It is a very reliable car. I agree, I too have experienced failure on the LED display on instrument panel (very annoying)-Mercedes should issue a recall on that. Also, my biggest issue, IS THE RUST on the door. REALLY???This vehicle has a HIGH PRICE tag and holds the Mercedes Brand, yet the Manufacture will not stand by their product. Ugh!!!! Eventually a class action suit will be filed on this vehicle. I am happy with its strong engine, it is a very spacious vehicle, has a nice large trunk (which was able to hold baby items), really like the round lights in front. They should also design a stronger mirror closure on the visor. All in all, very happy, except for the BODY RUST.
    e320darkteal, Mission Viejo, CA, February 03, 2014 18:46
    After 210,000 miles the car started showing signs of mechanical problems.
    fidza, Garnet Valley, PA, September 17, 2013 00:16
    When I stop at stop sign or give way. my car doesn't move when its time to go. It takes a couple of seconds despite hitting the accelerator all the way down.
    Visitor, Huntington Station, NY, March 20, 2013 07:44
    I bought my 2004 E320 wagon in 2010 w/79k on odometer. This is a great car. Very utilitarian. Great gas mileage for a car of it's size. Downside? Lots of expensive repairs. Upside? This car will last a long time and still looks great. 03/13. JJB1895
  • 2006 Mercedes-Benz E320
    Visitor, Sugar Land, TX, March 14, 2013 18:30
    With the name of Mercedes Benz quality is the last thing in their mind when it went into production. The car is designed to last for 5 years not more than 100K miles when your extended waranty runs out. Electrical wiring is of poor quality insulation break off after 6 years, putting the owner and his family in danger from the car catching fire due to electrical short. MB might need to go back to the vacuum systems they have.
    Visitor, Glenview, IL, December 26, 2012 19:42
    I have owned the car for since 2004. Have 110,000 miles and it drives great. Am having rust problems which will cost about $3,500 to fix. The problem I have regarding the electrical is the headlights/fog lights keep burning out. Have replaced the harnesses but it still happens, just less often. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • 1995 Mercedes-Benz E320
    Visitor, Harrisburg, PA, August 27, 2012 05:24
    I love my car it now has 143,000 and it drives well a such a beautiful car but it is now starting to have small issues everytime i look but guess that comes with age but neer anything major couple hundred here and there every few months.
    Visitor, Los Angeles, CA, June 20, 2012 14:36
    My repair man said it would cost $1500 to install a new catalystic convertor for mu 2001 e320 mercedes, is this a good deal?
    Visitor, Kenner, LA, April 10, 2012 17:45
    it is my dream car love it
  • 1994 Mercedes-Benz E320
    guns21, Colton, CA, December 31, 2011 09:46
    I have to say; ever since I purchased my 1994 e-320 mercedes ,over 1 year now, I have been nothing but happy with the car, it's performance, along with the beautiful style of that year and make. I have heard they call this car the million mile beauty. I now truly believe this. Mine has 398,000 miles, and she runs like a dream. I have to give the Germans their well earned right as very well engineers of these fine cars. I only drive to the college and back on a daily basis; however I have driven her to Vegas, Utah,and Arizona. E DeVeau
    Visitor, Burlington, WA, November 25, 2011 16:06
    Purchased used E320 with 110k miles with known maintenance history. Transmission locked up into limp home mode due to faulty ECM inside transmission, which I learn later is a common fault with this particular transmission. Find repair procedures online and replace faulty component which fixes problem, but confidence in car lost, as any hickup in electronic sensors associated with transmission locks trans into 2nd gear, making for a long drive home at 25 MPH. Wish they had a manual over ride. Also, the little console control switches break easily.
    Visitor, Coronado, CA, October 18, 2011 08:55
    What should it cost to replace ac condenser unit in a 1997 E320 Mercedes-Benz?
    reddragon, Los Angeles, CA, September 18, 2011 01:33
    I purchased my car from a person who had meticoules record keeping on repairs and kept the car immaculate. I purchased it in 2008 with only 70,000 mi. So far I've only changed to AMG rims with Nittos 255x40x18 performance tires. Other than regular maintenance this AC evaporator temp sensor has been the only problem so far.I took it to the shop and they couldnt figure it and was going to do a electrical check because the compressor wasnt kicking in. But me being a nut about googling and researching found how to read the error codes and figured it out. Knock on wood. lol My next purchase will be in the E series again.
    Visitor, Plymouth, IN, August 06, 2011 18:28
    Absolutely love this care. It's quick, great fuel mileage and fun to drive.
  • 2005 Mercedes-Benz E320
    eric4107, Culver City, CA, December 19, 2010 17:31
    This car is built to a high quality standard. The only problem with the E320 is that sometimes it feels underpowered for the weight of the car and the suspension is a little mushy, but that is also what gives this car such it's smooth ride. The larger E430 does allow the car to move a little quicker, but once your up to speed you can't beat the gas mileage of the smaller engine. Overall this car is a workhorse, but also looks good pulling up to dinner at a nice restaurant.
    Visitor, Huntsville, AL, December 18, 2010 06:17
    I purchased my E320 with 120000 miles for $7500 great car but don't take it to the dealer. I found a great German mechanic in Manchester Tenn.
    Visitor, Buckeye, AZ, December 08, 2010 16:52
    It was pure luck hubby found this car especially for the price he paid. We aquired the car at 186000 miles. I've had it for 5 months now and will not trade it for anything else. I don't even know where to start. Parts, decent price. repair fairly easy for a mechanic to work on. drives beautifully. My family loves it!!
    Visitor, Austin, TX, December 05, 2010 05:57
    I love my Mercedes Benz 2001 E320. It's a great car. There's a little problem. It has this rough sound when I start it and get going, then, once I'm on the road at a set speed it drives very smooth. One mechanic said it was the motor mount then another said it was the air flow in the engine. What to do, what to do?
    Visitor, San Jose, CA, December 04, 2010 15:16
    We have 1997 E320 wtih 300+K miles. Very happy, as it is one of the best and most dependable car. Basic maintance: 1) Change oil (Castrol 10W-30 or 10W-40) + Bosch oil filter every 10,000 miles. 2) Clean K&S air filter very 20K or as needed 3) Replace differential oil - Castrol 85W90 every 50K 4) Replace Bosch fuel filter every 25K-50K 5) Brake flush with Castrol Dot 4 - 50K 6) Radiator/collant flush 50K 7) Transmission oil/filter - 100K 8) Replaced Flex disc on drive line at 300K etc... Enjoy
    Visitor, Everett, WA, November 08, 2010 22:41
    I love my car but this model has some nagging issues. Common problems with the E series are failure of the climate control LCD panel, failure of the LED displays in the instrument cluster, squeaky steering wheel, and failure of the auto dimming drivers side mirror. Mine has experienced all of theses. The instrument cluster and climate control are so common I feel Mercedes should issue a recall.
    Visitor, Miami, FL, September 26, 2010 13:17
    I own 320 in 1999 gasoline. Great car by all accounts a strong reliable and elegant. Very reasonable fuel consumption 1:11 wake road. Maintenance does not happen at all. You can obtain spare parts for cheap and high availability. A lot more new European equal. Car monster.
    HaHaHell, Huntsville, AL, September 03, 2010 20:49
    Bought this car new so I thought. Found out the the car had been wrecked just 2 months before we bought it from Regal Mercedes. Sales managers wife backed her SUV into the front of it when he drove it home for lunch one day. $2900 in damage. The headlights cloud up worse than any other car on the street. Just count them as you pass by.I would not recommend this car to anyone. The ABC system has failed once and been repaired and now the suspension is sqeaking AGAIN. Money pit!!
  • 2005 Mercedes-Benz E320
    Visitor, Richmond, VA, August 20, 2010 13:15
    Best car on the road bar none.
    Visitor, Madison, WI, August 19, 2010 10:42
    have a "99 e320-4matic purchased new now with 111k miles. minor repairs but overall a great car-excellent handling/ride 30 mpg hwy. great in the snow. window regulators all have been replaced both rears 2x each. hade to fight with the local dealer to replace 2nd time out of warr.
    Visitor, New Orleans, LA, August 10, 2010 10:20
    Had since fall of 1995, Over 235,000 miles now. uto wonderful, repairs have been in line with expected cost. A/C could be better.
    vscott34, White Plains, MD, July 21, 2010 08:59
    I've had my car for 4 months now. I bought with very low miles considering it was a 2004. I read a lot of horror stories about the 2004 Mercedes, but I really have not seen any problems with my car. It is excellent on the road. The ride is smooth in great weather as well as rainy weather.
  • 2000 Mercedes-Benz E320
    Visitor, New York, NY, July 12, 2010 22:46
    I 2000 320E BOUGHT IT NEW HAD HAVE BOTH REAR WINDOW REG0U TOLD BY M/B TECH THAT IF YOU DON'T USE THE REAR WINDOWS CABLE WILL DRY OUT OVER CAUSING THEM TO BREAK OTHER WISE GREAT ALL AROUND
    torynudd, Schenectady, NY, June 28, 2010 13:53
    *Note Canadian location (Zip codes will not stick on RepairPal for Canadian users). Purchased 2nd hand in 2002 from know owner with 80K. Good engine, replaced balljoints, struts, 2 tie rods, 2 brake jobs, 4 window lifts, blower motor, blower regulator and housing, 15 headlamp bulbs, 2 drive belts, 1 door hinge. FM radio does not work below 12 Celcius, Major rust problem on entire car, shock mount just broke off the mount assembly rendering it a financial write off. Car is rarely winter driven - located in non salt winter region. Profoundly dissapointed considering the car has been very well maintained and driven with care.
  • 2007 Mercedes-Benz E320
    Visitor, Horsham, PA, April 07, 2010 09:20
    I've owned this vehicle from new. Three warranty repairs, two of which were for the diesel and one for an O2 sensor. I'm disappointed at the reliability of the diesel - no reason to "expect" a valve cover gasket to fail at 28000 miles and wait four fuil days for parts and repair. Service advisor said "we seen this especially in diesels". I'm horrified. Its one thing to see recalls but I was expecting much better reliability esepcially with such a premium car and very expensive routine maintenance. I love this car, very comfortable but I will trade it and never recommend it to anyone.
    Visitor, Marysville, WA, March 26, 2010 01:44
    I recently bought a used 04 Mercedes E-320 with 88K + miles on it and was very please with crisp handling and great suspension, comfort, safety and power, it just feels a lot different driving a mercedes than another car. The solid feel of toughness and yet gentle enough as feather. Nolds16
    Triguy450, Thorofare, NJ, December 05, 2009 19:52
    Just bought a 96 E320 with 195,000 miles on it. I'd like to know what problems I might expect or items that need to be replaced soon. I have noticeced several people who are getting 30 MPG, however I am getting 23 - 27. Are drivers really getting 30 MPG?
  • 1995 Mercedes-Benz E320
    bpace12, Rowlett, TX, November 12, 2009 07:19
    Great Car
  • 2003 Mercedes-Benz E320
    15090, Wexford, PA, October 11, 2009 09:00
    The MB E320 is a great car overall, we have been very pleased with it since buying it used last year. Pros: Very comfortable, yet responsive ride. Handles the snow surprisingly well. Huge trunk and reasonably spacious back seat. Fits 3 in a pinch. Solid feel, good fit and finish, and a great safety record. Better gas mileage than I expected. We get 30+ on the highway with the V6. Cons: Repair costs are higher than average. Plastic front bumper has peeling clear coat. I am not sure if there was a repair, but not the best finish on the bumpers. Great car overall, a pleasure to drive and a sharp looking car as well. I would buy another if I could find a station wagon.
  • 2007 Mercedes-Benz E320
    Andi, Arlington, VA, August 11, 2009 13:59
    My handsome 2007 Diesel E320 Bluetec, which reliably gets 26/35 MPG, is a pleasure to drive. No problem finding fuel. Parking is easy, fitting into tight spots and the car is very reponsive when I need to quickly manuever to avoid poor drivers. I love the dashboard screen, especially the map feature and there's nothing like Sirius radio for trips up and down I-95.
    nasastar, Tacoma, WA, August 01, 2009 10:07
    I bought this wagon for my wife who very much liked the third seat facing aft. While waiting to sell her SUV to by me a BMW, I began driving it to work and to pick up my business guests. Not only do I received endless compliments on the vehicle, I enjoy the practicality of it. It is like having a luxery car, that has a great loading capacity, and receives fantastic gas mileage. My only complaint is the high cost of maintenance at the dealership.
  • 2002 Mercedes-Benz E320
    stevekhart, Orange, CA, July 06, 2009 11:54
    Great car with lots of room. Maintenance: Catalytic converts were replaced (dealer qoute was high, done much cheaper at muffler shop).
    VA46, Arlington, VA, April 04, 2009 09:07
    I've had a '99 E320 4 Matic for 5 years and love it. Safe, comfortable ride in all kinds of weather and keeps its finish. Regular maintenance with no major problems. Have the occasional oil leak which is common. Great car.
    B61 MD, Bel Air, MD, January 18, 2009 10:53
    My 96 E 320 still feels like it is new. Will keep it at least another 5 yrs.
  • 1994 Mercedes-Benz E320
    DDover86, Montclair, NJ, October 16, 2008 16:35
    It is a great car which gets great gas mileage and is really comfortable. the performance is awesome for a sedan. The repairs can be expensive but do not occur often. 3.6 liter inline 6 engine. 6 gallon gas tank and 2 gallon reserve tank. Great car!!!