Reviews for Toyota Camry years:

Toyota Camry Reviews and Owner Comments

Toyota CamryOwner Reviews (236 reviews)
    Visitor, Fairview, NC, August 17, 2014 10:55
    At around 55,000 miles, my 2008 Toyota Camry started drinking oil. Using approximately 1 quart every 800 miles. According to the Toyota owners manual this is acceptable so they won't do anything about it. I have to carry oil around in my trunk all the time, just in case my oil light comes on. Not much use in changing the oil since it is always "new". Now my dam sun visor is broken on the drivers side and it won't stay up! I WILL NEVER buy a TOYOTA AGAIN!
    Visitor, Knoxville, TN, August 09, 2014 13:25
    I bought this used in 2007 from a kia dealer with 248,000 miles as I turned in my 2007 328i BMW $40K leased car. Now 2014 and still drives brand new with over 307,000 miles. Please note I changed the oil with high mileage oi1 every 3K miles along with adding Lucas engine stop leak (does NOT leak). Note: Older cars need more TLC. I replaced the rack when I bought it. I replaced the EGR valve/sensor, intake air hose, strut mounts with new struts and tires, mass air flow sensor. Power steering pump, power steering pressure hose. With older cars things wear out over time. Upper mount torque strut. Oil leak was oil housing unit and front main seals...including cam and crank seals. OVER TIME I FIXED WHATEVER BROKE AT THAT TIME...I DID NOT WANT TO SPEND $25k ON A NEW CAR. I paid $1,999 for car used. It is basic reliable transportation. Good for someone who has monthly mortgage payments and puts their money into an increasing asset rather than a deprec. asset.
    Visitor, Greensburg, PA, July 11, 2014 19:26
    i bought a 1992 toyota camry from a private owner. he said he bought it new . it looked well taken care of to me. he had it recently inspected. anyway ibought it because of the gas milage which was good. bakes were ok. drive train was ok.wireing in door, window would not go down or up some time. engine was good for a couple of years than seals startid to leak very bad on right side of motor. had new exhaust put on. heating cold and drafty in the winter- cab not well insulated.wind shield would freeze up in winter. 4 cyl. i guess. steering ok. suspension fair. unibody was badley rusted was unrepairable. would not pass inspection. joangreensburg@aol.com
    Visitor, Greensburg, PA, July 11, 2014 19:05
    i bought a 1994 toyota camry le. 6 cyl. i liked it very much ,until the wiring that went to the battery caught on fire. also i was in an accident and another car hit the left front of the car and the air bags didnt deploy. my daughter hit the windshield at this time and had a concussion at this time. the car was totaled at this time. never bought another toyota after that. they are also colder in winter i think, they are not that well insulated. thank you for letting me voice my opinion. joangreensburg@aol.com
    Visitor, Saint Louis, MO, July 02, 2014 06:00
    ..MY CAR HAS BEEN BURNING OIL BAD..I FOUND OUT IT WAS THE ENGINE..I TOOK IT TO A COUPLE OF TOYOTA DEALERS..DONE WHOULD ADDRESS THE PROBLEM SO I TOOK IT BACK TO WHERE IBROUGTH IT ..THEY DID A OIL CONSUMPTION TEST ON MY CAMRY AND FOUND IT WAS BURNING ALMOST 5 QUARTS IN LESS THAT 900 MILES..THEY CALL THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND GOT IT APPROVED TO BE FIXED..IT WAS THE PISTINS..IT WOULD HAVE COST ME 2900.00 THEY WILL FIX IT BUT YOU HAVE TO FIRST TAKE IT IN TO GET IT TESTED......ALL DEALERS ARENT GOING TO DO IT. SO YOU HAVE TO BE PERSISTENT. ALSO FOUND OUT THAT MY WATER PUMP NEED CHANGING..YOU HAVE TO DROP THE ENGINE TO CHANGE IT...SINCE THEY WERE ALREADY FIXING THE ENGINE..I GGOT A BIG BREAK ON THE REPAIR PRICE FOR THAT. I DONT WONT T O MENTION MY DEALERS NAME..MY CAR IS GETTING FIXED AS WE SPEAK. BUT THEY ARE GREAT!!!
    Visitor, Winder, GA, June 20, 2014 12:12
    I inherited this 1997 Camry LE 4cyl when my mom passed away a year and a half ago, at the time it had 190,000 miles on it, it now has 235,000 on it, I am the 4th owner, I change the oil every 5,000 miles, it has had the struts replaced, the exhaust cat included ( it was a north east car at the begining of it's life ) and the AC compressor, I use it to commute 60 miles one way to work, 75% highway, 25% city, i am averaging around 29MPG, very good car
    Visitor, Woodbine, MD, June 19, 2014 13:56
    Just changed my rear disk pads, front pads and rotors for a total of about $170 worth of parts from NAPA using premier pads. The vehicle has 128K and that was the first time the rear pads were changed. The front pads had been changed only once. I changed the front rotors not because they were worn, but I think they were warped because you would get vibration when stopping. Runs like a top again. Terry
    Visitor, Pacoima, CA, June 09, 2014 15:06
    I have a 2007 camry le and is nothing but problems, the engine burns oil since 40,000 miles, the car shakes on fwy about 65 mph, the sun visor came of by it self, the side airbag cover came off too,on a hot day the dashboard is like melting down, i own a 2005 pontiac grand prix with more miles and runs better that my camry.
  • 2013 Toyota Camry
    Visitor, Conyers, GA, April 09, 2014 09:12
    THE METAL BAR UNDER THE FRONT SEATS CAN BE FELT WHEN USED AND ARE VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. IT IS THE WORST SEAT I HAVE EVER USED. HOPE THERE IS A RECALL SOON!!!!!
    Visitor, Keller, VA, April 09, 2014 07:58
    Please i need someone to tell me what maintenance is to be done on 2003 toyota camry. the essential maintenance service it require and how long is best to give it. so the car can be in its best position.
  • 2013 Toyota Camry
    Visitor, Fort Lauderdale, FL, March 18, 2014 12:15
    very cheesy made passenger side bumber became detached car not even 1 year old would not buy again a/c does not cool off right away
    Visitor, Franklin, GA, October 12, 2013 22:04
    I have a 2001 4-cylinder Camry that has developed fluctuation gas mileage. The window sticker stated 30 mi per gal.I got basic 30 mpg.until about 2-years ago.I now fluctuate from as low as 16 mpg,20,24,28 back to around 24 mpg. could this be caused by the injector pump?
  • 2012 Toyota Camry
    Visitor, Searcy, AR, October 01, 2013 09:23
    This is a great car. Currently have 31,000 miles on vehicle. Great gas millage, average on Hwy. 30 plus mpg. The front lower fiberglass piece below the grill on the front is easily damaged if you strike any type of road debris. Have had 2 repairs. Not cheap!!!! That's my experience with a 2012 Toyota Camry. Hope it helps in your decision making.
    byra36, Stevensville, MI, August 18, 2013 08:41
    Canadian (Quebec) cannot enter postal code site which is only accepting Zip code. Not from Mi but from Qc. I like this 2009 Camry car, in spite of the problems I had with it. I like much less the service from the dealer. Rear passenger side brake worn out completely at 70,000 km (40,000 miles), obviously the dealere did not want to understand such failure related to initial greasing of the calliper as the other side and front are still on after 100,000km. Other unpleasant situation: soaked wet rugs in front and rear after heavy rain while parked over night. Caused very obviously by dried out rubber seal creating a 1 mm opening between rubber and glass at the base of windshield. Dealer accept not a bit of responsibility as car just beyond warranty for 60,000km. As I had a little crack, got the glass changed under insurance for 50$ and 3 years warranty. Now, for some unknown reason, keys are not functional, then used the procedure of pressing the push start with the electronic key close-by, I started and resumed working. It occurred twice so far; WHY ??? I quit being SERVICED by dealer !!! Byra36
    friez, Atka, AK, June 26, 2013 19:41
    more feel about camry...
    Visitor, Granite City, IL, May 30, 2013 09:58
    yes my wife have 2010 camry LE 65,000 miles on and it have check enggin light comon with tractsion light on . i,m just lugin scanner tool in and do tranmission fluid changer , 6,8 qt toyota WS and the car runing ok the lugnut tranmission oil is on driver site , you need to take the whell of and there is a pice clastic cover . toyota dearler will charger over 200 dollar for tranmmision service , but it cost you 70 dolllar to do your sefl
    Visitor, Granite City, IL, May 30, 2013 09:38
    i have 1997 toyota camry V6 with 200,000 miles on it still run good , most time just doing it my self , timing bell will work to 80,000 or 95,000 miles , but i just replace power steering compinion rack at 189,000 miles for 100 dollar , you can buy recondition on ebay , and heater core 9 dollar use part at junk yard . any way if you know litle repair will save you alot money then take it to shop .
    Visitor, Melbourne Beach, FL, May 16, 2013 17:55
    Same family two owners as of May, 2013 67,215 miles. I am right-leg amputee so I don't drive much. I get a weird engine vibration now upon start-up until I shift into drive (any thoughts??). Drives like a champ at 85+ mph along the ocean.
    Visitor, Morganza, LA, March 21, 2013 11:47
    2008 Toyota Camry I bought mine new with 13 miles. Replaced both sunvisors, replaced both brake rotors, seat are not comfortable, cheap interior, now the A/C is not working. Toyota is telling me that the cost to repair it is over $2100 parts & Labor. The car have 16223 miles. No one else will touch it because the condenser is not in a easy place to access.
    Visitor, Palmer, AK, March 13, 2013 19:43
    2003 camry v6. I bought it new and never did anything other than regular maintainance exept never adj. valves. Still like new with 228,000 miles. Uses no oil, always ran mobile 1. I did just put struts on for the first time. I love this car
    Visitor, Omaha, NE, February 24, 2013 09:46
    I just got my 1997 toyota camry and I love it. It now showing some minor repairs that need to be done. This car had 142,000 miles on it when i purchased it and it is the best. I love this car and I will keep going with my Toyota.
    Visitor, Walnut, CA, February 06, 2013 12:14
    I owned many Toyotas and I feel for the people having problems with this Camry. This 08 Camry SE is the only toyota I have made in USA and I am having more problems than all of the others combined. The acceleration problem is well known and had dealer fix that as part of massive recall. They shaved the underside of the carpet and maybe replaced the pedal. I noticed an improvement in the automatic shifting after they reprogrammed the ecu. No stalling on turns. The visor is being recalled after I got mine replaced at 20K. Tires replaced at 28K with Continental DSW, very good tires. The front rotors cause a little shudder when braking at high speeds, turned it at 40K and now needs another one at 60K. Brake pads are still good but they say original are hard on rotors so I am going to go with Akebono pro-act. Now it's past warranty, I can't open my seldom used sunroof. The rubber seal is sticking as it tries to go down and in. The sun and waxing probably doomed it.
    Visitor, Whitestone, NY, February 05, 2013 11:42
    My 2007 Camry is the best car I have ever owned. I have 70,000 miles on it and I do a lot of city driving. The only thing I had to replace is a bulb in the rear along with tires once and the brakes one time. I do an oil chg with synthetic oil every 5 k miles. So far it is a great car.
    Visitor, Adelanto, CA, January 28, 2013 16:40
    how much did you pay for engine v4 or v6 where did you buy?
    Visitor, Moline, IL, January 20, 2013 08:17
    I bought mine new with less than 300 miles. Drove the 4cyl & 6cyl and got the 6cyl since their wasn't that much difference in mileage. If I fill the tank and set the cruise at 55 got up to 41.1 mpg. Right front tire blew out as soon as I parked at work. Took it to Toyota, was told nothing they could do about it. (had 27,000 miles and just under 3 yrs old). Told me I must have hit something. I'm the only driver and I never hit anything. read out on radio disappears and comes back when you push in on screen. People complain they can't hear me when connected to blue tooth through radio. Heater takes a while to heat up compared to other new vehicles I've had over the years. I'm considering trading it off, it drives great but I'm just not that crazy about it in general. To date it has 34,000 miles on it 5 years later. I have a full size f-150 I drive to work everyday and anymore on the weekends I grab it's keys rather than the toyota. The trucks a 99 with 211,000 miles. Oh i replaced all the junk (my opinion) Michelins with Uniroyal Tiger Paws 70k mile tires. The rides the same and had great experience with a previous vehicle with these tires.
    Visitor, Mason, TN, January 19, 2013 14:56
    I bought my 2007 Camry new. I have 167,000 miles on it. To date, I have done no work on the car due to failure. I brought it to the dealer for the pedal and the window switch recall, but the car was working fine before that. I replaced the plugs at 100,000 miles because I felt like it. I have used Mobil one since I bought the car and I get 32-35 MPG. I rotate the tires every 6,000 miles and am currently on my second set of tires. The stock Michelin tires lasted me 110,000 miles. Best car I've ever owned. BTW, my Daughter has a 2005 with 150,000 and has had no work done on it either.
  • 2012 Toyota Camry
    Visitor, Jacksonville, FL, January 08, 2013 11:38
    The car seems to be made with cheap plastics on the inside. even the chrome part scratches very easily...Lord only knows how long the engine will last. will it last as long as the older model camry. i don't know. lets wait and see.
    Visitor, Seattle, WA, December 19, 2012 11:08
    Three years ago this month I bought a 1996 Camry LE 4 cylinder (164,000 miles) off Craigslist for $950. It had been in an accident (front fenders and bumper replaced from a wrecking yard)so the body was rough but the interior clean. It came with new snow tires on it and I just use them year round. I had to change the oil pan because the drain plug was stripped. And I've had to change a couple hoses and put new contacts in the starter. I was able to do that stuff myself. I change the engine oil every 5000 miles at wherever there is a $19.95 sale but I'm not going to touch the transmission oil--it looks clean--just drive the car until it drops. I figure the car should last to at least 204,000 miles which will give me 40,000 miles (ten years at the rate I use it) of transportation for a $950 purchase. 21 mpg in the city.
    Visitor, Dayton, OH, December 11, 2012 09:04
    bought in 2012 with 240K miles for $900. Previous owner put new brake lines all-around. exhaust hole behind convertor only current must fix. AC doesn't work -- not sure if compressor or freon. interior holds up great - doesn't look 22 yrs old! lots of rust over wheel wells. engine is strong and A/T shifts smooth.
    Visitor, Columbus, GA, December 08, 2012 15:12
    I bought my 2007 Camry in 2006 and when I dropped my car for oil change today at the dealer, they said my water pump and front & rear break pads need to be replaced. My car has 53k miles Toyota was going to charge over $1000 for the above, I am getting my water pump and brakes replaced at a different place. My sun visor had broken a year ago and I never got it fixed since Toyota dealer was going charge $135 for it, finally after the recall, they fixed it for free. Hopefully Toyota will soon recall their waterpump and I get my money back in reimbursement.
    Visitor, Vicksburg, MS, December 01, 2012 12:53
    I had previously owned a '98' Toyota Camry and did not have any problems with it. I owned the car for 10 yrs and just traded it. I purchased a pre-owned 2010 Toyota Camry in Nov of 2010 and it only had 1398 miles on it. The car has 45,000 miles on it and now the Check Engine Light and the Trac light is on. Don't know what's causing the problem. I thought the 2010 model would be more durable than the '98'.
    Visitor, Helena, MT, November 24, 2012 13:37
    45,000 miles and 5 months over warranty..."your water pump is starting to leak and needs replacement: $375 parts and labor". Tell me they couldn't spot this leak 5 months ago when it was last serviced! Yup..got caught with the lousy Toyota water pump problem. And they say the replacement parts aren't any better!!! Also, dash squeaks are starting. Screws are falling out on the floorboards. Never could get the 32-36 mph up-down accelerate-slow down problem fixed. "Made computer adjustments" but we gave up. Our 4th Toyota in a row...may be our last.
    Visitor, Princeton, TX, November 08, 2012 20:19
    I bought my Camry in 99 and it had 34,ooo miles on it. I'm the second owner and I have 373793 on her now. Never had a major engine or tranny issue. She still rides smooth and even gets 31 mpg on the old 2.2. My next will be a Toyota and I hope it's just as good!
    Visitor, Saint Louis, MO, November 08, 2012 19:27
    I have a 1994 toyota camry shes still running great the only problem is i have a sun roof and it has started to leak when it rains hard or for many days. I was told the dealership would screw me and I dont no where to go. I got her brand new so I know her history. would like a new one but can't see that at this time. She has way under two hundred thousand miles. Shes my baby.
    Visitor, San Diego, CA, October 19, 2012 18:23
    I bought my new 2007 Toyota Camry in 2006 and have loved this car until today. We took it to the dealership for the 40,000 miles service and learned that...you guessed it...the water pump needs to be replaced. Of course our warranty just expired a few months ago. The dealer told us it would cost around $800 to replace. My husband knows cars and he believes this cost is way too high for a water pump replacement. Water pumps cost around $200 at the very most, so they want to charge $600 for labor? Are they nuts? This is certainly an on-going theme with the 2007 Camry. We bought a Toyota because we thought Toyota made reliable cars. Next time a Honda may be in order.
    Visitor, Tacoma, WA, September 30, 2012 07:36
    I have a 3.3L 05 Camry SE. Love it, drives so smooth compared to the newer camry. The water pump leaking seems to be a recurring problem from this message board and what my car has.
    Visitor, Durham, NC, September 07, 2012 21:01
    Bought new, now with 102,000 miles. No parts failures or early wear of any kind.. The car still has its original brakes, including pads. The secret: a light pedal, and over half the miles are highway miles. Four star explanations: Auto trans often fails to immediately engage in initial acceleration in creeping stop and go, and at stops. Multiple dealers say there is no cure. A light pedal in order to spool up the converter has now become a habit. Trans is otherwise completely satisfactory. Steering has been fine, but there is a slight noise in moving wheel off center noticeable only at very low speeds in places like parking lots. This appeared at about 15,000 miles. Fix was $150 at the dealer (a bushing of some sort.) Dealer assured me this was not a safety issue of any kind. The problem has not gotten worse. That's right, I did not get it repaired, figuring the next bushing would also wear. Suspension: this is a geometry complaint: the car is sensitive to side winds. Recently, my son-in-law suggested tire inflation of about 34 front, 30 rear. Presto! Virtually no further wind or buffeting problems. I've been very conscientious in changing fluids per-maintenance schedule. Struts are still solid, no rebound beyond normal. Slight indication of some bushing wear, but very slight. Again: CV joints, exhaust, water pump, AC compressor, brakes, plugs, serpentine, wipers, power seat & windows all completely trouble free. This car uses a chain for timing, so no replacement is called for. Routine 100,000 mile maintenance to include brakes, (and plugs at 120,000) and the car will be good for another 50,000 at least I think. Most trouble free car, including three Toys, I've owned over a period of more than 50 years.
    Visitor, Chula Vista, CA, August 08, 2012 12:55
    I own a Toyota Camry 1998, bought used, had 90.000 miles, currently has 250,000 and runs great, the only thing I had to change are the shock absorbers have given maintenance services. I highly recommend this vehicle, I have the intention of purchasing another Camry, a car is very reliable and it retains its value.
    Visitor, Norman, OK, August 04, 2012 08:40
    I bought my 2007 Toyota Camry new in 2006. My first and probably my last Toyota. I never had this much trouble with the Hondas that I've owned. The problems seem to never stop, and they started almost immediately after purchase. Here's what I can remember off the top of my head: reset the computer for acceleration issues, partially repainted in the first year because the paint started peeling off, replaced the intermediate drive shaft for about $500 and it didn't fix the clicking in the steering wheel, so now they want to replace the rack and pinion for $1000 ( I declined ), brake rotors, numerous mud flaps, 2 water pumps so far,rear window seal, 2 driver window seals, my wheels are also rusting under the caps, and now they want over $900 to replace two leaking struts. Oh, and I forgot the driver side sun visor won't stay in the up position and it finally broke, and just this week Toyota says they will pay to replace it.
    JFGarnett, Framingham, MA, July 24, 2012 17:07
    I am the only owner .I bought it new in Rome,GA.@Riverside Toyota Dealer The radio plays but it rejects the C.D.disk.Where is the cheeps place that I can have it repaired?
    Visitor, Jackson, MS, July 22, 2012 18:47
    I've purchased my 1998 Toyota Camry this year 2012 of February with a little over 90,000 miles on it ...the only thing I've had to repair was the timing belt & water pump along with the cover gasket..it seems to burn gas but other than that its reliable so far. It's better than my gas eater 2003 Silverado Truck
    Visitor, Nyack, NY, July 10, 2012 15:16
    I bought this car in 2006 with 134k and have driven it an additional 140k for a grand total of 274k and it is still going strong. Amazing!
    Visitor, North Palm Beach, FL, June 23, 2012 11:15
    my mother bought this car new and passed it on to me in 2003. since mom bought it, the car has 'lived,' with no carport or garage protection, one short block from the beach. except for the salt factor, i would not be looking to buy a new car this year. because of the salt and age, i have replaced the automatic works in both front doors, one cv boot (last week), the steering column cover (also last week) and i am just now seeing some small rust spots developing. the car looks brand new, inside and out. had i known how attached i would become to this car, i would have sprung for longer term replacement tires and batteries! i'm sure if i had put more mileage on the car (it has 82,000 original miles), it might not be in such good condition but it has been an awesome car.
    Visitor, Brick, NJ, June 12, 2012 08:19
    Ok, just want to say I am not bashing Toyota. I have had five of them from the mid eghties. 1990 Celica {loved it},1993 Camry LE {only car I drove for over one hundred thousand miles}, 1987 corrola, and a 1998 corrola {which I still have}. So My problem has been My 2003 Camry XLE 4 cyl. Seems to have become a money pit, replaced all rotors and calibers well before their time, and just replace rear brakes because of frozen caliber and ruined rotors. Last year the air conditioning began to get weak, not blowing as cold as it use to. This year 2012, the air was getting weaker. Tried to refill the freon myself, read directions and followed all temp. requirements and still no colder. Took it to a professional and was told it was over filled, put the levelat the right level. No good just as bad. Took it to another shop called F-irestone, beliving a big name company would do right. Emptied the system recharged system checked for leaks and told it was good to go, paid over $200.00 and same problem. Then I beganto have problems with the A/C light blinking and checked the Magnetic clutch relay and bought an after market replacemant and it saved me $60.00 odd dollors over a factory replacemant. Same problem, relay was OK and still had low cooling. Finally called a shop that has a good reputation in my town and went to them, let them have the problem and just pay for the repairs. Turns out the condenser AND the radiator were both bad. The condenser had broken down to a point where it was literally falling apart, I mean it was just coming apart at the vains and was crumbling under the touch of my fingers, also the bottom of the radiator was also showing something similar as the trans. fittings were so coroded that they were also crumbling. This was after I told the shop to go ahead and replace both. The machanic showed me the removed parts, to say the least I was amazed as having never seen anything like this before. I try to do my own repairs, oil change, battery replacemant and others that i feel are within my abilities. So if the air cond. on your Toyota is giving you any problems check the front of the car and the condenser and radiator. Would also like to mention run the air atleast once or twice a month during cold season {Defroster will do}. Hope this has been of help and just one more thing ALL my cars were bought NEW.
    Visitor, Saint Louis, MO, June 05, 2012 17:30
    My wive has had two Camry both nothen but problem's and has left her stranded twice, never again. We sold it and now drive a better car and it's not a Toyota or Honda
    Odojoe, Orlando, FL, May 28, 2012 17:50
    I have 124500 miles on my XLE and other than replacing tires twice, the only other major expenses have been to clean the fuel induction and reseal the oil pan which had a very tiny leak, and replace the drive belts. I am still on my original brakes. Last year I had to replace the starter. Earlier this month we took a 7500 mile trip to California and visited several national parks. Every time I have work done I ask about the brakes, last time they said they only had half wear. Another strange thing is at 78-80 mph on interstates, I have been getting a bit more than 31 MPG. I did have the check engine light come on in the middle of nowhere in South Dakota so I stopped at an honest mechanic's shop and he told me the code was for a bad oxygen sensor for the cat converter. I stopped at a Toyota dealer in Rapid City to inquire if they had the part and they charge me $85 to tell me I needed a new cat and by they way they would need to order the parts. A couple days of lower mileage and lower max speeds, the light went off and when checked at home all was well with the codes.
    Visitor, Alpharetta, GA, May 17, 2012 20:00
    For whatever it is worth, I bought my current Camry new in 1999. This July it will hit 13 years of age. 4 cylinder LE. Prior to this, I drove a 1992 for 8 years. Bottom line, I will be coming up on 21 years of service through 2 Camrys. Both 4 cylinder automatics. I may be boring but, I do know a good car when I get one. The 1999 has been astounding. I now have 163,000 miles on it, used Mobil 1 synthetic 5W30 since day one. I change the oil every 5-6 thousand miles, use the car for outside sales so it has it's door dings and scratches but, the gold paint is still shiny as it has been garage kept all this time as well.....I still routinely get the car waxed via buffer....beautiful finish and the paint was quality day 1. The original battery (Panasonic) lasted 8.5 years....I'm on my second (Die Hard...let's hope so), 4th set of tires, 3 or 4 brake jobs (lost count), AC has NEVER gone down, door handles have never broken, power door locks and power windows have never gone down....I don't know how an AC can last this long, especially living in the South.....no matter, the only "repair" I've had has been the starter....it lasted 11.5 years...NO complaints on that as I am in outside sales (Start Stop....repeat....alot)....I wash the engine 2X a year....spotless to this day....I never could understand why people drive around with a filthy engine...it's easier to spot troubles when they arrive although with this car, none have. The auto light feature has never gone down...the car doesn't break, it just goes....I drive it routinely at 70-80mph around town, no issues....I have done regular maintenance, timing belt at 101K, transmission flushes every 50-60K miles....no problems with the tranny....never had a problem with the throttle body but, I did clean my IAC out last year and will finally do the seafoam treatment just because....in short, this car has been astounding in everyway...to be sure, I'm the only one who drives it so the interior is mint, no cracks... I do have one little nagging problem...the power seat clicks as I accelerate like it's "loose"....can't find the reason, checked all the bolts, nothing seems loose, just seems to click on hard acceleration like it's locking into place and the same on hard stops...weird....probably wearing out from carrying my fat assets around all these years....no matter, I am looking to find another one used, in perfect shape and give this one to my kid that just graduated high school....he was 5 when I bought it..... If you are EVER looking for a great, dependable, used car, buy one of these gems and don't look back...perfect in everyway except "excitement"...but, at my age, excitement comes from the fact that I don't spend time at dealers fixing the car...thank you very much....
    Visitor, Valdez, AK, May 16, 2012 11:31
    I know everyone has a gas mileage story too good to believe, but I am greatly pleased and I guess that is what really matters. I live in an Alaska town 306 miles from Anchorage on paved road. If I use the cruise control and drive about 60 mph--braking as little as possible since there are not many cars--I easily average 34-37 mpg. I have a friend with a hybid that seldom beats that! I have had no trouble and the car was new (reconstruced title at 245 miles), and I now have 70,000. I think that is pretty good, but I now need rear shocks and struts I guess for my studded winter tire on the left rear had a flat place scooped out in it when I changed this last month (April).
    Visitor, Augusta, GA, May 08, 2012 06:31
    I bought my 02 Camry LE in 05 and it had about 52K miles on it. The previous owner had some scratches on the paint job but I made myself look past that and I'm glad I did. The car now has about 134K miles. I've replaced the brakes once, had to replace one of the catalytic converters (unfortunate that it is attached to the manifold!), had to realign the sunroof (tracking?) once, replace a tailight and license plate bulb, refinish the headlights (oxydation) just this week and my passenger's interior door handle is broken (literally). Aside from the catalytic converter, my only other MAJOR headache has been the front wheels. They're the standard 15" steel rims. I've had to replace them a few times as they are somehow getting bent and causing me to need new tires much more frequently than normal. Twice I've had blowouts after 20K miles, on 65K tires! I've had 3 alignments and the Toyota dealership that did the first two doesn't allow a warranty transfer...I now live 11 hours from that dealership and it's only been 6 months since my last alignment there. Oh, well. Oh, the very rear part of my headliner is beginning to loosen. I've been very happy with this car. Previously drove a Land Rover...take the Camry any time.
    Visitor, West Chester, PA, May 06, 2012 15:40
    2007 Toyota Camry - Water pump failed at 55,000 miles.Got it repaired at my Mechanic. Had no idea it was covered under drive train warranty until 60,000 miles or 6 Years. My Toyota dealer said he could not re-imburse me since I had the job done some place else. I later called Toyota headquarters and explained the situation. Toyota was very cooperative on the issue. They sent me a check for $477.00 in 4 weeks time, after I sent in my claim and invoices. 2007 Camry - Not a good year for Toyota, but I am willing to take another chance with Toyota and buy a 2012 model.
    Visitor, Sioux Center, IA, March 23, 2012 09:53
    Totaled corolla at 275000km bought used camry with 60000km on it. now have 390000 km on it and need back struts. a small power steering leak which is very manageable. The best car out there.
    Visitor, Grain Valley, MO, March 23, 2012 08:35
    I bought my 2004 Camry in 2008 with 63,000 miles on it. I've been extremely happy with it ever since. I get an oil change every 3,000 miles and have only had to replace the serpentine belt last year. Otherwise, no mechanical repairs have been required. The latch for the small, top compartment between the driver's seat and passenger's seat needs to be fixed and I'll need to get her some new tires within the next year, but she's at 100,000 miles and doing AWESOME!
    Visitor, Young America, MN, March 13, 2012 09:47
    HI. am third owner of 2001 camry ce. 2.2 4cyl automatic.(127000 kms) added K&N air filter..great little car.just had front brakes done @ 177000 kms. and for those with winter issues...GET WINTER TIRES. i live in saskatchewan, canada and deal with up to 20 in dumps...drive 55 miles to work...and NEVER got stuck. spend the $$ for good quality winters. great mileage...over 40 on highway. just keep doing regular maintainence...specially oil&filter changes. hope to keep driving for many more years yet!!
    Visitor, Schaumburg, IL, March 13, 2012 08:48
    I have a 2007 Toyota Camry XLE v6. At 89K miles the water pump broke and dealer said it'll cost $1,400 to repair. He said it's about 11 hrs of maintenance as they have to remove many parts of the engine to get to it. I read about 4 cylinders being easy and cheaper to repair. Other issues I had in first few years: Recalls (leak above visor cause water to drip all over dash and the drive, gas pedal/floor mat issues, transmission issue, VVT (sp?) hose was replaced). When you press the gas pedal there has always been slight hesitation. I replaced an Oldsmobile Intrigue at 105K miles as water pump broke as did radiator. Toyota is supposed to be the reliable brand and this repair cost more than the Intrigue and almost 20K miles sooner. Goodbye Toyota (we have Highlander also) and next car will be Honda Accord, Ford Fusion, or Hundai Sonata.
    Visitor, Montgomery, TX, March 08, 2012 06:54
    I bought my 2002 Toyota Camry XLE brand new. I never had a problem with it. Always kept oil changed, tires rotated. In 2005 or 2006 I had to have part of caatytic converter replaced. Never any major problems. This car has 266,588 as of right now on it. This has been a really good car...dependable, smooth ride, mechanically sound and safe. I just had Fred Haas Toyota in Spring, Texas in 2010 start at the front of car and go all the way to the back and repair, replace anything that was worn, plus new tires. I plan on driving this car another five years at least. I have driven this car to Ohio, Tennesse, Louisiana, Mississpi, Georgia, Alabama, Oklahoma and back. I live in Texas. I think this is pretty good for the low maintenance I have had.
    Visitor, Tulsa, OK, March 05, 2012 06:39
    Bought the car with 33,000 miles on it. It was using one quart of oil every 1000 miles. Not dripping it, so had to be burning it. Having owned a 97 Camry that had zero issues until it was totalled, I was very surprised. Took the oil-burner to local Toyota dealer. They changed the oil and said bring it back in 1000 miles, which I did. It was down exactly one quart. They replaced the short block under warranty. Now it does not use any oil. By the way, I think the 4-cylinder engine in my Camry is VERY peppy. It has a lot of low-end torque, so it gets us going with very little fuss. It won't win any drag races, but I can merge onto the freeway quite easily, and pass people with ease. I tend to drive about 6 over on the highway, so I need the passing capability. And I get good highway mileage as well. 32 with wife and luggage on my last 1600 mile trip. Still I am nonplussed by the many little squeaks and rattles in the car. I owned the 97 for 13 years and it had one little noise before it got totalled. Also, the struts feel worn out, as the car is very jouncy. But tire wear is fine. I have read another site where many, many people complain about leaking struts and the dealers say leakage is normal. That is definitely not cool. I have a 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan that has been through h*ll and still has its original struts, which work great. No jounce, no noise, and tire wear is normal. A Dodge, for crying out loud. (Actually, it has been a very reliable vehicle...replaced a water pump and had to have a third-party kit installed to keep the serpentine belt from falling off when it drives through a puddle. Those were the only issues so far, after 14 years). I am going to look into this issue and consider replaceing the struts, as I would prefer a firmer ride. It freaks me out reading about bad water pumps, etc. I am getting ready to buy another car, and am now concerned about buying another Toyota. I considered it the gold standard for reliability and bang for the buck. But now, I don't know. I am thinking I might sell my Camry and buy two cars, but do not know what brand to buy. Maybe go for Kia/Hyundai. At least they have 100k warranties.
    Visitor, Hopewell Junction, NY, February 15, 2012 07:33
    I THINK ALL YOU PEOPLE ARE CRAZY--BEST CAR ON THE ROAD!!
    Visitor, Houston, TX, February 06, 2012 07:30
    2007 Camry Hybrid with 66,000 miles. Water pump failed Toyota dealer wants $700 to replace. Wants $221 for pump you can buy on-line for $105. Non-dealer wants $490 and change parts and loabor. Sounds like this is a recurring problem, but dealer tells me there has been no recall on water pumps- you always have to believe the Toyota dealer (it's not like the service writers get any kind of bonus based on total $ of service tickets written)...
    Visitor, Keyport, NJ, January 26, 2012 07:17
    The "Check Engine Light" came on to find out an oxygen-fuel sensor went bad. The car is a 2008 Camry with 20,850 miles on it. I took it to Freehold DCH Toyota and the charged me $600+ dollars for 1 hr worth of time. At less than 21,000 miles the repair should have been free, but $600?? That is a legalized mugging. Also have a 2008 FJ and the drivers arm rest has cracked. Taking it in today to see if its covered.
    Wagonman, Gilford, NH, January 19, 2012 19:45
    I have a 1996 Toyota Camry Station Wagon 4 Cycl with a 5FSE engine. Other then routine maintenace I have put very little into it. It runs like new.
    Visitor, Maysville, MO, December 28, 2011 13:05
    I'l start by saying, I've had 7 Hondas previously to the 2010 Camry. Had issue with alignment from day one, took it to a large dealer in Omaha for warranty alignment, about 15K and 4 months after purchase. Told it was aligned and would be fine, at least it drove OK. 5K later, while rotating tires noticed heavy edge ware. Took it back and alignment was so far out, front toed in and back toed out, after being shown the results and being told it was "close enough" I got in the mangagers face, (I used to do alignments) He offered to replace 2 tires if I purchased 2, when I got the price they wanted I could have had all 4 replaced with better tires elsewhere. Bottom line___ I complained to Toyota and they responded by telling me "they have no control over what their dealers do or how they handle problems" Fibally went to Firestone had top of the line "touring" tires put on it and aligned properly, Been a great car ever since. Will NEVER do business with Toyota or Performance Toyota (Omaha) again!! Ever!!
    Visitor, Smyrna, GA, December 27, 2011 09:48
    I got this car from my dad with about 170k miles on it. I did the 180k mile service (equivalent of a 60k mile) and have replaced tires and other regular maintenance (including the timing belt, plugs, plug wires and water pump) since then. It has about 230k miles on it and it still runs like the day I got it. I have had zero issues that were not related to regular maintenance. My mechanic says he regularly services three of these vehicles (same year, engine size, etc.) and mine is the one with the lowest number of miles on it. His highest mileage one has over 500k miles and it's in the same condition as mine. There's definitely some minor issues, but nothing of concern. I restored the foggy headlights, the seatbelt isn't retracting at 100% strength (I have to help it a bit), the seats and carpets are stained from spilled coffee, etc., but there's nothing there that I would call a dealbreaker. The summary here is: take care of your car by doing regularly scheduled maintenance and you should be fine. BTW it's a 4-cyl. so it is a bit underpowered, but still quite peppy for a small engine sedan.
    Visitor, Watervliet, NY, December 26, 2011 14:50
    I have a 2007 Camry LE with 61,000 miles and am in the process of having the water pump replaced and was curious if this was the norm, I've not had any other problems with the car, my husband says nothing to be concerned about things break.
  • 2000 Toyota Camry
    2000 camry, Los Alamitos, CA, December 09, 2011 18:10
    engine oil leak. today I replaced valve cover gasket but engine oil is still leaking.Can you tell me what are other places the engine oil might be leaking from. I paid mechanic $ 120.00 for repair now he wants open the timing belt area which will cost me about $500.00 again. before I spend another dollar I want to make sure that mechanic is being honest about repairs he is recommending.
    Visitor, Hingham, MA, November 29, 2011 17:03
    My 1998 Toyota Camry has 137,000 miles on it. It is the first car I have owned that has gotten over a 100,000 miles without breaking down on me. I haven't invested any money in this car that hasn't been routine maintenance. The manufacturers battery lasted 11 years. I live in the northeast next to the ocean and the salt has really been tough on my cars. This car has seen a lot of weather. It is 13 years old and I'm wondering if I should invest the next round of maintenance money in the vehicle??? Timing belt, spark plugs, wires, fluids it adds up. I hope the future generations of vehicles don't require as much $$$ to keep them rolling. This car has been great, highly reliable.
    Visitor, Helix, OR, November 27, 2011 06:29
    I bought my 1997 Camry V6 with 22,000 miles on it in 2000 and it now has 382,000 miles. The only unusual repair I've ever had to make was the replacement of the catalytic converter at 200,000 miles, which was VERY expensive. Other than that, just the normal maintenance repairs and service throughout it's life. The mechanic I have tells me there should be no problem driving it to 500,000, or more. The seat adjustment motor has recently failed on the driver's side, and the sun roof drive motor has failed as well. I have used both of these items a LOT so am not surprised they finally wore out. Mobil 1 synthetic is the only oil I've used from the first. Also, the timing belts DO NOT need to be replaced at 60,000 miles. They will easily go 100,000, and more. This is a great car and when it finally does wear out I may try to find another low mileage 1997 or 1998 to replace it!
    Visitor, Orlando, FL, November 20, 2011 08:29
    I owned a 2007 Toyota Tacoma, which was the best truck, I have ever owned. When my wife wanted us to get a family car to save on gas and money, I thought buying a Camry would be a nice change. Boy, was I wrong. I miss my Tacoma to say the least. Anyway, I digress. We purchased a used 2008 Camry with 25,000 miles in Aug. of 2008. Within the first week we had to take it back to the dealer to fix a warble in the brake rotors and have the pad's replaced. We thought this was the worst of our nightmares, not so. After a few weeks of driving, we noticed that the fuel economy was only about 19 miles per gallon with highway/city driving. So I did a standard tune up, myself, changed the spark plugs, air filters, oil change, checked the plug wires, and so forth. When pulling the spark plugs, I found that the plugs were gapped so far apart, that I am surprised the engine even ran. Also, the plugs were oxidized with some sort of white crystal like material. The bells should have gone off in my head at the time. I replaced the spark plugs with the OEM recommendation and gapped them correctly at .043. This seemed to raise the gas mileage by about three miles to the gallon. Not much improvement in my book, but it met the standard for city driving for the Camry. Then at 38000 miles, we started hearing this rattling upon acceleration from underneath the vehicle. I climbed underneath to see if anything came loose, and I could not find anything. So I took it to the Toyota Dealership. They informed me that this was noted in a Service Bulletin. I thought "Great!" this should be fixed for free. Then the news came that if I had brought it in before 36000 miles it would have been free. Now they were going to charge me almost $400 just for the part then labor on top of that. What a joke, they must have been crazy. A few months later, my wife pulled on the Sun Visor to use the mirror and the whole thing broke off, leaving just the metal arm lever. I tried to fix it, but the plastic visor just kept breaking apart. Well, I finally got it fixed with aluminum straps that I wrapped around the outside of the visor under the cloth. This held it in place good. Then just recently back in Aug. of 2011, the driver's side visor broke off. I fixed it the same way. In Nov. 2011, our windshield got a chip in it one day. There was just a small chip. The next day it had spread into major cracks that spread across the windshield over to the drivers viewing area. The next thing that has happened is with the brakes. In March of 2011, I replaced the front brakes, because they were half warn down. The back brakes were the same, half warn down. Now, the rear brakes are completely warn down to the metal and grooving the rotors. What is up with Toyota using cheap parts. I am only going to buy American from now on. I am done with the Japanese crap that is being put out now. Give me something strong and not build with plastic interiors.
    Peter Dong, Raleigh, NC, October 26, 2011 22:15
     Technician
    My friend has a 2009 Camry Hybrid. Simple interior. But there are several small problem came to his car.
    Visitor, Snyder, TX, October 25, 2011 13:03
    I bought the 2004 camry in Nov 2003. It has been great except I am now having to replace the alternator for the 2nd time. I replaced the first one 4 1/2 years ago. I was stranded and it cost a lot to have it towed, a new battery and new alternator. At least I am home this time. The alternator starts to over produce electricity into the battery. It was putting out 17.5 volts when I had it checked today. Does anyone know why this is happening? This time I am not putting a toyota alternator on, I hope.
    Visitor, Middletown, CT, October 20, 2011 11:54
    Hi, i love this car its been pretty good to me over the years, but lately when ever I'm parked doing something on my computer ( I drive a lot for work) I'll hear this squeaking sound, only maybe once a minute. Sounds sort of like when you close a wood door thats just a little too tight. Anyways sounds like its coming from under the dash on the passenger's side or perhaps the middle of the dash. Question is what is it? Is it something that needs to be replaced, also it might happen when I'm driving but I cant really hear it, also been running the A/c every time might this have something to do with it?
    Visitor, Kountze, TX, October 14, 2011 12:23
    I currently have a 2002 toyota camery that has 225,000 miles on it. I have replaced windshield wipers and brakes once, a broke belt once. Other than that it has NEVER been in the repair shop. Oh, except I got trash in sun roof once which only cost about 50 or 60 dollars for dealer ship to blow trash out. It has been the best car of my life. I still love it.
    Visitor, Mobile, AL, October 11, 2011 19:27
    We bought a 2004 in Dec., 2003. Great car. However, I knew needed brakes and they told me twice I didn't. Went to another location they pulled the tires and showed us we were right, medal to medal. Now, the fuel gauge and odometer will not work, fuel guage stays full, odemeter will light will not go out. After sitting for a while they both go out. However, no one at Toyota has ever heard of this problem and cannot assist in getting it fixed. Placed another cluster panel in and something blew the two same problems. No more Toyota for me, they refuse to help fix problems.
    Visitor, Bennettsville, SC, October 01, 2011 19:47
    2005 Camary bought new. Serviced regualarly @5000 miles with synthetic oil.Replaced plugs, brakes @ 100,000. Just had to replace right wheel bearing at 127,000.Steering has a popping noise. Dealer said Mfg sent out a notice on repair but safety was not an issue. Replaced tires at 63,000 due to road noise. just put a new set of Michlin Harmonys on. Great car for dependability. Will buy a Avalon next, much better ride and very little road noise.
    Visitor, Carol Stream, IL, September 21, 2011 06:37
    40,000 mile service at the dealer revealed that I need to change the rear brakes. Front brakes are still in good condition. How is it possible that the rear brake wore twice as fast at the fronts? Is it common in this model car? If I put the new pads in will the rear brakes still wear faster than the front?
    Larry76, Glen Allen, VA, September 18, 2011 16:35
    The camry oil lost was on going and I told the Dealer who said it was the oil pan gasket and it was replaced. We believed that the problem was corrected and several weeks later the engine started knocking due to a broken rod caused by a lost of oil. On line research revealed numerous other camrys with the same oil leak problem. No drops of oil on the driveway because the oil was burned off, no blue smoke, because of the cataylic converter.
    lancem11, Mission Viejo, CA, September 08, 2011 12:05
    Bought 2005 Camry 4 cyl used with 15000 mi in 05 now has 90000 havent had a problem until i took it in for 90k checkup and found out it had leaking water pump and 4 broken motor mounts. Yes i said 4 which the Toyota service center quoted me $1400 to replace. I have been very diligent over the years changing oil, rotating tires, replacing brakes and getting the front end aligned . I feel the motor mount problem is strictly a Toyota design flaw or a manufacturing defect which i shouldn't be made to pay for their mistakes!, Been driving for 46 yr never had this problem!!!
    Visitor, Rogersville, TN, September 08, 2011 03:16
    I am the third owner of the 2001 Toyota Camry it has 297,000 miles on it and the engine is still very strong, Only problems I have had out of the car is the transmission slips every now and then and the oxygen sensor needs replacing. Only thing I got against this car is it is so light weight, It doesn't do to well in the snow and even in the rain it will spin going up a hill, but because it is so light weight it is very zippy for a little 4 cylinder.
    Tony G., Hollywood, FL, September 01, 2011 07:23
    I have a 2007 Toyota Camry LE. I do a lot of highway driving which is why I probably don't have a lot of problems with the brakes. I did hear a noise in the engine area when starting it up cold which I thought was my alternator going bad. My astute mechanic figured out it wasn't that at all but my water pump, which I've seen from reading so many articles here, is a common problem with this model. I can also see from reading so many articles that if you don't catch this problem be prepared for all types of nightmares like overheating blown engines! I also had a problem with the steering wheel shaking which I found out was due to bad front struts. Once I changed those the car was over steering and I had to replace the rear struts which were leaking and blown!!! Once again, you have to listen to your car; it will tell you it's problems. I have 123,000 miles, change the oil every 3,000 miles because I live in Florida where it is really hot and the roads are dusty. I still like the car and the mileage I get for a 4 cylinder car. I must say the pickup and acceleration leave much to be desired but I guess that's the tradeoff for a small economical engine. Good Luck!!
    Visitor, Midlothian, VA, August 31, 2011 15:11
    Nothing but trouble with this beast since hitting 50K. First engine blew at 75K miles. Replaced(rebuilt) under extended warranty. Second engine blew with 75K miles on it(40K when installed +35K my driving) Been a money pit since I bought it. Had no problems with my previous Camry so was surprised at how bad this one is.
    Visitor, San Antonio, TX, August 30, 2011 12:55
    Great car since I bought it 11 years ago,no major problems.
    Visitor, Mountain Lake, MN, August 28, 2011 16:33
    I have a 2008 Camery XLE and it has rust spots all over the car. It is really bad by the sunroof. I had a similar problem with my 2004. JHas anybody else had this problem?
    Visitor, Jacksonville, FL, August 25, 2011 07:04
    I have a 1997 Toyota Camry XLE, with the 3.0 L V-6 Motor, with 340,000 miles. I think the only thing made & shipped from Japan for this model year was the engine and transmission, which I have had no problem with. The problem I have had was with the struts & shocks, made & installed in America. Once the Japanese allow us to assemble these engines & transmissions in America, their company will be just like our car makers, they will design a weakest link for failure, in an effort to keep the economy moving. My first brand new car was a 1986 Pontiac Grand Am, and I will never buy American again, because of all the failures on that car.
    Visitor, Portage, IN, August 09, 2011 12:36
    I have had this car for two years, I drive it every day. I have done one tune up and keep the oil changed. It has also 350,000 miles on looking to hit 500,000 before I get a new one, and yes it will be another Toyota
    Visitor, Cleveland, OH, August 04, 2011 16:41
    This 1998 V6 3L Camry is my 7th Toyota and at 100k miles is the worst car I've ever owned. Obviously all the replacement parts were needed; timing belt and extras, struts, tuneup, but also strut plates, stabilizer links, suspension bushings, brakes, rotors, wheel bearings, EGR valve, o2 sensors, fuel injectors, oil leaks, window motors (2), and now a starter. A starter. And I know I've forgotten a few things. Toyota suspensions are now weak and unreliable. My girlfriend's 1999 is almost as bad, and it's a 4cyl. Their 6cyl is a waste of space and weight. Planned obsolescence made me abandon American cars - now I'm going to try out a Honda.
    Visitor, Kissimmee, FL, July 18, 2011 23:26
    Car was passed down to me though the family. 244000 miles and not a major repair yet. Shocks and struts are completely worn out and are the only thing it currently needs. This car hasn't even been maintained properly. Crazy reliable.
    Visitor, Hillsboro, OR, July 16, 2011 12:28
    NO DOUBT, THE BEST CAR THAT I HAVE EVER OWNED (OVER 46 YEARS AND ABOUT 10-12 VEHICLES).! BUT AT 172,000 MILES ITS TIME TO MOVE ON TO ANOTHER/NEWER TOYOTA PRODUCT (I WILL N O T DRIVE ANYTHING ELSE). REPAIR HISTORY SINCE WE HAVE OWNED THIS CERTIFIED USED CAR = 2 BATTERIES, ONE SET OF BRAKES (DUE AGAIN SOON), SERPINTINE BELT, MAIN SEAL, STRUTS AND SHOCKS.
    Visitor, Lincoln, CA, July 15, 2011 18:58
    Other then new tires, brakes, battery and oil changes every 5,000 miles when the light goes on, I have had no major problems with this car. Bought brand new August, 2005 and have almost 62,000 miles on it. Just sold my 1987 Camry with 210,000 miles on it and still running strong. I have had good luck with these cars.
    kagzi, Orland Park, IL, July 09, 2011 15:44
    right now i have no problem in this used car, 2.5 engine, Body is very soft, inside is nice space, both front seat are not good for long driving , Pickup is very good, 40K miles in car.
    Visitor, Rancho Cordova, CA, July 02, 2011 12:02
    I totally regret buying this car. Now having said that it is my fualt for buying used... but the interior is just falling apart the seatbelts wont retract anymore, the buttons fell off the radio, the ac blows cold hot cold hot. I had to replace the tires, rotors, brakes, and need to replace the struts and this is all at 100k. ugh i will say the engine is still running fine as far as i know but it blows crazy black smoke out the exaust when i turn it on.
    singlemom04, Riverside, CA, June 30, 2011 19:31
    I purchased my car brand new in -07 xle fully loaded and from first week of purchase my car had accelerated with me doing about 25mph and it spurting out to 40mph I took it back to dealership many many times and all they did was reset my computer(dealer said problem)then my push start gave me repeated problems,and battery kept stalling,Toyota did not want to replace battery but finally replaced push start ignition.I also had problems with my moon roof and my navigation system,and power steering, and continued acceleration problems ,and had the actual unfortunate incident of the car finally taking off on its own and all systems failed on me accelerating from 35mph to 80mph on my way to work and through the grace of God and me blowing the horn and yelling out the window for cars to get out of the way I threw the car in park scaring the Hell out of me!And this was before the recall!! Car being towed to dealership and now said tensioner rod broke off and of course Toyota did not feel responsible! It Has been a continued unresolved battle with corporate and today I have no brakes because the brake booster went out~ I now have 70,000 miles on my car and it is and always have been a piece of crap also built in KY and my first and last Toyota Ever!! signed single mom of 4~
    Visitor, Passaic, NJ, June 26, 2011 19:18
    What a piece of garbage! Last Toyota for me. So much wind noise i have to blast the radio just to hear the news.
    Visitor, Framingham, MA, June 23, 2011 08:41
    Purchased a 2002 XLE new. Currently has 80,000 miles. Have replaced the brakes three times including rotors, tires, gas fill connector flange rotted, catalytic coverter and flex pipe, shocks have been shot since 64,000 mi and now the A/C is dead. All this along with a few other msc. nagging issues. Biggest disappointment ever. My last Toymotor.
    Visitor, Maple Heights, OH, June 02, 2011 11:04
    Like i said before my 2007 camry is junk anything that this country has to do with something is Garbage the HILLBILLYS in KY have there hands in building this car now it is probably the worst car on the rode before they were built here toyota was the best car on the market just like anything else in this country they build and make garbage just worried about a paycheck and thats it the owners are the same GREED WILL DESTROY THIS COUNTRY
    Visitor, Cathedral City, CA, May 25, 2011 23:47
    You folks wanna power up your Camry 2007 4 cyl LE's? original engine and tranny and it now has 199,986 miles i drive 200 + miles a day 5/week to and from work he he better believe it this is my first ever Toyota i used Nissan in the past i still own a 2001 Frontier V6(180,000+ miles)downside are the front brake rotors so i had to replace it every year at least. I placed A performance Megan racing header, downpipe, and a catback, a throtthle body spacer (2 inch) Weapon secret Short Ram intake tubes and an AMSOIL dry air filter! and to make the whole engine response like a V6? "Weapon R i- Throttle" computer module,connect it to the OBD port and the gas pedal input it has an LED that will allow you to either power up your engine or an economy power or the normal engine power that you normally use! it is plug and play and it is an amazing unit to have it in your Camry! i never had any bad issues with my Camry imagine almost 200 thousand miles and it is running like new! and faster but you have to change the oil every 4000 miles without fail i recommend the 5W20 Royal Purple oil and pull out your Throtthle body every oil change and clean it with Seafoam. Change your gas /fuel filter every 30,000 miles Tranny oil exchange every 100,000 miles, and along with it replace your spark plugs, and use the 89 or higher Fuel, keep your plumbing intact and you should enjoy your Camry like I.
    Visitor, Hemet, CA, May 23, 2011 11:58
    I am unhappy with my 2009 camry se. I bought it new and have been sorry ever since. I could cry thinking about it, but it does not get the gas mileage it is supposed to, it is noisy inside, cheap interior parts, now the a/c has a leak in the hose which will be another $500+. Think the dealer would give me a deal? Ha, no way, I must be on drugs to bring up such a ridiculous idea. Tires have been replaced and time to do that again, I am so disappointed, I paid way too much for it because the dealer lied to me and the se cost almost as much as the xle and probably could have gotten the better model, can't remember the name. I sold my 2000 acura tl and am so sorry to have wasted over $20,000 when I loved my acura. It just had 150,000 on it so thought i would upgrade since i can't afford to have trouble on the road, but come to find out, it was barely broken in. It was a MUCH nicer car even tho 9 years older.
    Samsonite79, San Francisco, CA, May 03, 2011 18:40
     Technician
    Great car for a student but it didn't really met to my grocery getter expectations. :-)
    Visitor, Opelousas, LA, May 02, 2011 15:17
    I own a 2008 Camry SE, and I would NEVER purchase another one. While my car was under warranty, I had to have the seals around the windshield and sunroof replaced because they were improperly installed, and I had to have the CD player repaired. Recently, at 68,000 miles, I had to replace the water pump. Now at 70,000, my A/C is not working, and Toyota is telling me that the cost to repair it is $2900 ($2168 just for the compressor!). Considering Toyota's "reputation" and the cost of the car, I am disgusted by the problems I am having. I will NEVER purchase another Toyota!
    Visitor, Mount Vernon, OH, April 15, 2011 08:53
    Bought in 2002 with 33,983 miles. Best car I ever owned. It has over 213,000 miles on it and only been to a mechanic once for a friction wheel on the alternator pulley assembly. I replaced the radiator at 190,000 miles and changed the fuel filter. I absolutely loved this car.
    Visitor, Hatton, ND, April 03, 2011 11:58
    134,000 miles and the Camry is showing it's age. Shift siloined E. A/F Sensor. The exhaust flex pipe off the engine, front right wheel bearings. Kinda wonder where it's all going to end. How far should a person go?
    Visitor, Howard Lake, MN, March 19, 2011 20:53
    I own a 1992 Toyota Camry XLE V6 3.0L the engine family is 3VZ-FE. I originally bought the car from a USED car dealer (Dale's Auto Sales, Hutchinson MN-DO NOT EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS GUY)...it was a Saturday evening around 7pm in Feb or March of 2005...I took it out for a test drive and I got about 1 1/2 miles away from the dealer and the OIL light came on...so i continued to drive till i was able to turn around which was about 1/2 mile...the car seemed to be running fine...actually great...except for the OIL light...so i brought it back to the dealer and i asked if he knew that the oil light was on...he said that he did not know that...but if i wanted to bring it back when i picked up the title(because the car was from florida and i live in MN) that he would have his mechanic look at it and fix it...so i said well can you come down on the price considering the oil light? he said he would...well he didnt...we made the transaction and i traded my old car for this Camry...well i went to the gas station and got gas...checked the oil and it said it was full...then i went through the car wash and headed back home...by this time it was dark and well after 9pm...i got about 20miles out of Hutchinson MN...and there was a weird noise coming from the engine and then the car shut off....so we pulled over to the shoulder and parked the car and waited and tried to start it...but nothing....so i called for someone to come get us....went home and pondered what happened and what the problem could possibly be...thought starter...battery....nope neither....well then i brought it into a Toyota Dealership...they tried to run diagnostics on it...BUT...were unable to get the motor to turn over more than a inch....due to them not being able to turn over the engine they were unable to do diagnostics on the engine....so i towed my Toyota home again...then i let it sit for about a yr...and did some research....figured out that it had to be the engine...so i bought a used engine with 46,000 miles on it....well when i pulled the old motor out...i DISCOVERED THAT A PISTON ROD HAD GONE STRAIGHT THROUGH THE ENGINE BLOCK....(now i know what your thinking...she checked the oil, it was full...and why wasnt there oil all over the ground on the side of the road..rite?) well...the reason is that the oil pump was out...so therefore it wasnt pumping oil outta the oil pan and up through the engine...so of course when i checked the oil it registered as full....so i tried to go back to the dealer i bought it from to see if he would do anything about it...NOPE...HE SAID YOU BOUGHT IT AS IS....so i thought about the MN lemon law...well guess what that ONLY COVERS VEHICLES THAT ARE BOUGHT FROM A DEALER...FOR 3,000.00$ OR MORE....guess how much i paid....$2995.00...AND HE DIDNT EVEN GIVE ME ANYTHING FOR MY TRADE IN!!! SO i really got screwed on this car...but now that i replaced the engine the car runs pretty great! now i gotta do the front and rear suspension!!
    Visitor, Phoenix, AZ, February 22, 2011 11:03
    This is my 4th Toyota, my current other vehicle is a 2003 Tundra. The 2010 Camry LE is exceptionally quiet inside and the suspension is not too soft or hard. The acceleration is much improved from the '96 Camry we replaced, both four cylinder engines. The 6 speed auto-trans helps with the acceleration and shifts very smoothly, almost imperceptably. The cabin is very roomy, the a/c controls are very easy to use and the new dash configuration and lighting is very nice. Only the driver seat has power controls, I would have liked to see the car equipped with both front power seats. We had the dealer install a 2011 stereo that included XM radio (for a great deal of money), it works well but lacks all the features found in $30-$50 aftermarket XM receivers.
    Visitor, The Dalles, OR, February 21, 2011 20:30
    I bought a used '98 Camry in '05, and it has been great. I had to replace the thermostat first thing because I moved it from Vegas to a colder area, and it was stuck open. The blinker goes strangely fast at times despite all of my lights working, but otherwise, I have had great luck with it as a commuter. It is a lot cheaper than my 3/4-ton pickup.
    savvivon, Burnsville, MN, February 16, 2011 10:35
    I haven't had a problem with my 2007 camry le, The only thing I've done so far is just giving it an oil change every 5,ooo miles as recommended by toyota and the recall it had on the break pedal. I have 55k miles and love the car. I ran into this website because I'm looking for info on when I should change my transmission fluid?
    Visitor, Brooklyn, NY, February 11, 2011 03:27
    GREAT CAR,220,000 MILES STILL GOING I LOVE MY 96,TOYOTA
    Kixx, San Jose, CA, January 28, 2011 17:00
    I went to different mechanics for the engine valve ticking problem. According to some, it has to be checked right away. To some, it's a problem which lead to a recall. I'm wondering if it's free to have it repaired at Toyota since it's a design defect or something. "Check Engine" also comes up, maybe because of this. I'm not sure if it requires immediate attention because professional mechanics say 2 different things. Any comment out there? Thanks, Francis
    hotguitargod, Bethlehem, PA, January 05, 2011 15:45
    Hi everyone my name is chris I just bought a 94 camry for le for few hundred dollars its running and everything but when it starts up it stalls and when ir runs don't want to go when u step on gas pedal it like bogs and stuff like that it has over 200k mi on it I was told that it was the ecm but I tried to reset it and it did the same thing I don't want to dump a lot of money into being that I did not pay a lot for the camry put I was told that the camry will last a long time also it has a lot of play when you turn the steering wheel can anyone please help me with this prob or some advice on what it might be or how I can fix it so that way I can get it back on the road maybe someone had same probs I'm having with mine and can help me please I love my camry and want to drive it thanks yall
    Visitor, Tulare, CA, December 31, 2010 12:29
    I purchased a 2008 Toyota Camary brand new, this car a piece of crap. The first month I had it the car wouldn't stop. Toyota looked at it and said its fine. It almost killed me. The visors break easily. There cheap. My bearing went out before 60,000 miles. I don't recommend Toyota.
    plogan, Atlanta, GA, December 30, 2010 08:36
    The 4 Cylinder has a slow take off. Very good fuel mileage/usage. exhaust pipe hangs too low.
    Visitor, Asheville, NC, December 28, 2010 17:57
    I bought my 1997 4 cyl Camry in 2001 with about 70K on the odometer. Now I'm over 270K with no major problems. I'm almost afraid to say it, but it still rides and drives like a new car. Can't beat the Yota.
    michael morbid, Williamstown, NJ, December 28, 2010 13:52
    the only problem I have ever had is the check engine light comes on when I fill up with gas. occasionally I smell gas after filling up for a few minutes then it goes away. other then that no problems at all. 208,000 miles and runs great. I'll just keep up the regular things you do as far as maintenance goes and it'll still be around for a long time!
    Visitor, Ellicott City, MD, December 27, 2010 09:32
    2003 toyota Camry LE purchased new, now has 203k miles. Best car ever, I've had BMW530, Audi A4, Audi 90, Acura Legend, and a few american cars than never reached 70k. no problems just oil changes, tires, 1 battery. original brakes last me 162k miles and the mechanic said I still had another 10k before replacement. Problem is with catalytic converter. there was a service bulletin but I'm past the mileage to get it fixed for free (80K). Had to replace thermostat and that is it. I'm still on the original spark plugs. I think I'll have to replace the converter and exhaust soon. I'm thinking of trading it in for a 2011 camry but want to keep my 2003 to see if I can get 300k out of this car. i've never owned a car and put over 200k on it myself until this car.
    Visitor, Franklin Square, NY, December 24, 2010 16:49
    Very low gas millege. Got 17.5 mpg with 50% local roads, 50% highway.
    joelburke26, New Castle, PA, December 18, 2010 19:26
    so far the best car i've ever cleaned or worked on.this is my next car hands down.
    Visitor, Erie, PA, December 16, 2010 07:42
    I have over 100,000 miles, Never a problem. Put snow tires on and developed a fishtail swerve , found out tires wore uneavenly but worse the bushings are wearing and the arm is loosening. So will need replacing.
    Visitor, Broomfield, CO, December 11, 2010 10:12
    Bought 3 years ago from nieghbor for 4000.oo Has all bells and whistles. Good car but front suspension squeaks. Power seat have quit moving forward. Nice interior, sun roof, nice to drive
    Visitor, Beaverton, OR, December 09, 2010 09:34
    We are getting 23MPG in town driving and just completed a 400-mile road trip over the Cascade Mountains and back home with the trunk loaded and received 30.5 MPG. The cars handling is very precise, the engine has amazing power for a four cylinder and the transmission is very smooth. The trunk is very large and works great for long trips. I also own an 88 Toyota pickup that has over 121,000 one it and have never had a mechanical problem. It was at 100,000 miles that I finally put new brakes on the truck and 7 years on the fist battery. My wife and I would highly recommend Toyota Camry as a plush car to drive with high reliability.
    Visitor, Littleton, CO, December 03, 2010 15:58
    Best and first car ever!
    Visitor, Hickory, NC, December 02, 2010 19:51
    Best car I've ever owned. 226,000 and going strong.
    buckoff1, Hercules, CA, December 01, 2010 15:01
    My Camry has 225K miles and is still going strong. This car convinced me to keep buying Toyota vehicles
    speedrover, Greensboro, NC, December 01, 2010 15:01
    Like a fine wine, 1995 was an exceptional year for the Camry. They kept it simple, strong and with a surprising amount of design finesse. The engine and trans simply will not die, or shoe signs of wear long into the 100 and 200's with regular fluid changes. The key to life here is not to force high torque out of her. She will float with just the right amount of stop and go as long as you treat her right. Outstanding lifer!
    gossipboy, Brush Prairie, WA, December 01, 2010 15:01
    Mine is still running strong with 206k miles on the car! Nothing major needed repair just a new Thermostat, and the usual tune up. an Other than that there is no need to worry about anything! For the styling and lighting and emmissions flawless. I've customized all of my interior and upgraded under the hood. Camry is BEAST
    Visitor, Zion, IL, December 01, 2010 14:36
    2007 xle.At 15000 mi. engine control mod.went out,3 recalls for something,2 of them for other then the gas peddle prob; At 60,000 radio, ox.sensor, ingnit. coil, went bad and the protection cover over the exhaust pipe where the sensor is at just fell off,all this at the same time, odd ??? it was just into the dealer for oil change and a sensor for $325. just one day before.
    Visitor, Hilliard, OH, December 01, 2010 14:36
    This car is a total piece of crap. Nothing but problems!! The steering vibrates at 45-75 MPH, even on the smoothest of roads. I've taken it in many times, they've balanced, "road balanced" (using a special machine - $60!), and tried everything, but the vibrations persist. Now, I feel a clicking in the wheel and thought it might have been something dangerous. I took it in to have it looked at, and it turns out that it is the intermediate steering shaft. The dealer stated that it is not a safety concern, just an annoyance. $500 quote to fix. At 50k miles? They couldn't tell me how this happened, and that it was just wear. 50k miles?? Really? The car is driven carefully and has not been abused. If I spend this much now, will I be forced to spend another $500 when it hits 100k?? Sounds like yet another poor design from Toyota. Never again will I purchase anything from Toyota! My '06 Honda Civic has NO problems and drives better.
    abcnerdd, Mankato, MN, November 30, 2010 18:18
    very reliable car. great city/highway mpg. drive in snow great. the only problem with camrys are that they have a egr problem; with high mileage, most of them idles and stall a lot.
    Visitor, Oak Park, IL, November 30, 2010 18:17
    my camry has over 250K miles. it has been a very reliable car. I have had to replace the usual things that ware out like suspension parts, brake parts, CV joints. The engine developed severe oil leaks at about 2020K so I decided to replace it with a Japan engine. I take care of it and drive it gently.
    Bob Daugherty, Paradise, CA, November 30, 2010 18:16
    Excellent maintenance on this car. Has never been in a car wreck. When I steer hard to the right or left a sound like "clunk" is constant. Otherwise the car steers perfectly with no shimming or excessive tire wear.
    Visitor, Plattsmouth, NE, November 22, 2010 11:48
    I love this car. I have changed belts including timing belt and water pump at the same time fluid and filters never had a problem with it gets GREAT gas mileage between 25-30mpg.The car has 150,000 miles on it. I have a hum starting in the back but other than that it is great.
    afcgeo, Brooklyn, NY, November 22, 2010 11:48
    I've had this car for 5 years now and have put on 40,000 miles, mostly in NYC pothole crazy stop and go traffic. This city is rough on cars! The Toyota has held very well. I've had to replace the original Goodyear Integrity tires ASAP as they are horrible and unsafe. I've had to replace front brake pads with ceramics at about 25,000. I've had to replace the lower arm (steering) and front shocks at 35,000 ($600) and that's all. Aside from that all I've done was 5,000 mi oil changes (Full Synthetic oil and filter), cabin and engine filters every year and I've changed the power steering fluid at about 30,000 mi. I do add fuel injector cleaner often though as the injectors tend to get clogged up. I have some major issues with the car's soft paint that dings and chips too much, but aside from that, she's been a champ!
    Visitor, Union, NJ, November 22, 2010 11:48
    I HAVE A RARE 5 SPEED MANUAL 07 SE(BOUGHT NEW IN 06, NOT A CONVERSION). THE CAR IS VERY FUN TO DRIVE, AND HAS MANY UPGRADES AVAILABLE. LOWERED THE SUSPENSION 2 INCHES AND NOW I CAN TAKE CURVES DOING A 90+. ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT AFTER 90'000 MILES, MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS COMES ON WHEN THE FUEL GETS LOW SOMETIME, AND ALSO HAD TO REPLACE A SPRING ON THE CLUTCH PEDAL. OTHER THAN THAT I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE CAR BUT WISH IT CAME WITH "ONLY" A V6 AND 6SPD
    mogib231, Stockton, CA, November 22, 2010 11:48
    Purchased in 04'. Only one repair ever but a big one. Automatic Transmission. Other than that, perfect. Currently 100K + miles on the vehicle.
    joebob, Marysville, CA, November 22, 2010 11:48
    I bought this car in 2004 with 12,500 miles on it. Mechanically, the engine and transmission have run flawlessly except for a blown head gasket. Brakes and tires seem to wear out very quickly, and alignment needs to be corrected often. Front end shimies when brakes are about 20K miles old, which I think is rotor warp, but don't know for sure. Oddly, in hot weather, the auto-door lock feature will lock doors, but not unlock them. When in cooler weather, it works fine. Back-lit knobs on dash have gone dark. All in all, the car is pretty good, but will try a Ford next time.
    cjdallas, Carrollton, TX, November 22, 2010 11:48
    Just bought this awesome Camry in July. It is my 5th Toyota and 2nd Camry. (My last one had 238,000 miles on it when I was in a very rocky parking lot in Colorado in April 2009 and unknowingly punctured the oil pan.) I was forced to drive an American car since then and will NEVER drive American again. I bought this car used, and the only things my mechanic had to do were all normal maintenance. When the engine light came on, it was a simple $30 seal. I will always go with Toyota. Looking forward to getting 300,000 miles out of this one. No regrets: Toyota ROCKS!
    Baffled, Pensacola, FL, November 22, 2010 11:48
    I bought this 2010 Camry SE in Dec 09 and have taken it back many times because of what I now believe to be the rear suspension. My car wobbles when I drive at 35 to 40 miles due to the rotation of the tires. It shifts from side to side and causes a lack of steering control. The dealers says it's in specs, but when you drive it, or see it make a turn you can see and feel the distortion in the wheels, and steering. When braking, the car accelerates first before it stops. Terrifying. The dealers say the wheels are pitched out as part of the design. I say it's a manufacture defect and that's why the car doesn't perform as well as it should. I've had new tires and wheel balances and alignments, however, my problem still exists and I'm just being blown off. I guess there won't be any care until the wheel falls off. This car has less than 6500 miles!!! Oh yeah, they aren't selling or advertising 2010 SE's, they are advertising 2011 SE's. Go figure.
    carolyn lyew, Springfield, MA, November 22, 2010 11:48
    I bought the car new. I like how smoothly it rides but I have had a few problems . The door locks won't open when the switch is pushed. They will lock with the switch though. The steering wheel will make a squeaking noise at various times especially in the winter. Spent lots on maintenance (70,000 miles on the car).
    Visitor, Marietta, GA, November 22, 2010 11:48
    2005 Toyota Camry le 2.4 bought brand new. It has 121000 miles on it now. Paint is peeling everywhere even with biweekly washing. Brake pedal feels very mushy and there is too much travel before it does anything. Half the interior lights in the dash board doesn't work. Engine has no power and is definitely not a pleasant thing to listen to. Heating and Air conditioning has been good so far. Steering is so numb and light. They give no feel of what's happening on the road. The only good part about this car is it's never broken down on me. I hate every part of it except its reliability
    Visitor, Fort Sill, OK, November 22, 2010 11:48
    I too am having problems with needing the water pump replaced at 69,000 miles. How can this be? Believe me, I drive this car like I'm carrying nitroglycerin! This shouldn't be happening! This will be my last Toyota...
    Visitor, Mundelein, IL, November 22, 2010 11:48
    I bought it new and now has around 95000 miles. It runs flawless. I only had to change the thermostat over the years. Now I will have to change left passenger side lock actuator. Other than that no maintenance cost involved other than regular oil, tire and brake pad change. I enjoy driving it everyday. I changed the thermostat costing $10-$20. I will also change the lock actuator that will cost around $130.
    Visitor, Westwego, LA, November 22, 2010 11:48
    I just bought my 1991 Camry and it has 136,668 miles on it and runs perfect. All it needs is a tune-up and a paint-job, and I will probably change out the belts just to be on the safe side. It's a perfect little car.
    Daryl Golden, Daphne, AL, November 22, 2010 11:48
    My water pump just went out with no warning. It caused the engine to blow in a matter of 2-3 minutes. Now, Toyota doesn't want to cover it. It only has 46,312 miles on it. Any advice? Has anyone had similar problems with their 2007 Toyota Camry?
    Visitor, Randallstown, MD, November 22, 2010 11:48
    I've owned 3 toyota vehicles and have noticed the decrease in quality over the years. I now own a 2007 Toyota Camry and have replaced the catalytic converter and alternator all in the same year. I don't recall ever having to replace a catalytic converter in any of my cars, new or used. Can someone please enlighten me on what causes this EXPENSIVE part of the engine to fail...
    nuriko, Los Angeles, CA, November 22, 2010 11:48
    hello, i have a toyota camri, this helps me alot. trally, it's a very good car. i love my car. there's more i need to improve in my toyota camri parts. nice day guys!
    Visitor, Hercules, CA, November 22, 2010 11:48
    Paid $19,000 for it in 1999 the Camry now goes for roughly the same price new. Waiting for car to have problems my wife has one too a 2001 Camry both cars have over 118,000 miles wife's car 147,000 and the vehicles run like clock work orange(excellent). What's all this fuss about sudden acceleration not in our Camry's. Oh.... I have a turn signal bulb that isn't as bright as it use to be. I'm knocking on wood. Those new Honda Accords look pretty spiffy(cool).
    Landler, Omaha, NE, November 22, 2010 11:48
    I am a big fan of Camrys
    Marjoy, Easley, SC, November 22, 2010 11:48
    My first Toyota Camry was a 1997, and I loved it. We bought a 2008 Camry, and that was a BIG mistake. The water pump went out at 61,000 miles and destroyed the head gasket, thus destroying the engine. I have read other reviews on 2007 Camrys that did the same thing. If this is a common occurrence, why does Toyota not have to compensate the owners? I can assure you, this is our last Camry, and I will no longer recommend a Camry to anyone. The quality has really gone down hill
    Anubis, Macon, GA, November 22, 2010 11:48
    I bought my beautiful antique red 2001 Camry V6 new and still enjoy driving it every day. It is a real road warrior, commuting with me 70 miles round trip 5 to 6 days a week. The car has logged over 202,000 miles and still runs great. Have had no major issues with the car yet, and had only performed Toyota-suggested maintainance and general wear items the first 180,000 miles. The only issue I have with the car is that wheel alignment goes out quickly and rear tires wear a little faster than I am used to. The only remedy for this has been opting for a lifetime four-wheel alignment and tire rotation service and sticking to it. Recently, certain age related items have cropped up - such as the driver's power window regulator, passenger's inner door latch and valve cover gaskets. The "Check Engine" light has also netted a couple sensor replacements. Although these items cost some money to repair, they are expected of a 9 year old car with high mileage, so I'm not complaining here. Although I will soon be buying another vehicle, I will continue to drive my 2001 Camry several days a week and keep it maintained and looking good for many more years to come!
    Krisd, Marion, IL, November 22, 2010 11:48
    I have a 2008 Camry 4cyl, I love it its a great car. I have a question though, it is coming up on 20,000 miles and the maintenance required light has come on, Does anybody know what the Maintenance consist of at 20,000 miles?
    Visitor, Schenectady, NY, November 22, 2010 11:48
    My wife bought my 2005 Camry XLE V6 new in 2005. She rear ended a pickup truck once taking out the hood, headlights, radior and such. Loved the car and was afraid they would total it, but it as about $500 short of being totalled. Had the thing fixed at the dealer and you can't even tell it was wrecked. This car is still awesome. I took it over with 92,000 miles on it and it now has 103,000 on it with no complaints whatsoever. All service done by one of our local toyota dealers. Toyota builds a quality car, but you must also do your part to keep it properly maintained and not abuse it.
    bundy323, Los Angeles, CA, November 22, 2010 11:48
    I bought this car back in July 1, of 2005 and have had it ever since. Bought this puppy with 116,000 miles . Now i got 200,122 on it and going . Its worked really good . No trans. problems. Replace the engine once on it . I blew the OEM engine out when i didnt do my routine oil change. On my second engine , still running and going . I got a engine of a 2000 camry. Great car . Just needs a paint job.
    Shockers, Wichita, KS, November 22, 2010 11:48
    I bought the car new back in September of 1998 and it now has 350,000 miles on it. It still gets 25-30 mpg and works great considering the age of the car. I have made some repairs on it myself and it has not been difficult. This car has been a blessing to me.
    tbarket, Lakeland, FL, November 22, 2010 11:48
    Only average. Second owner, of this Camry and regret every moment. Bad second engine (sludge that effects engine part of a class action lawsuit, unsuprisingly never a recall??) Poor fuel economy, road and wind noise high, nervous steering, cruise control sometimes accelerates on its own up to 5 mph. On the good side, the air is cold, almost all of the electricals work well. Thats about it. Wouldn't recommend this car to anyone.
    Visitor, Bangor, ME, November 22, 2010 11:48
    I had a 99 Camry. It had 265,000 miles on it when it was totaled 2 years ago. I drove it 200k of that. I am sure I would still be driving it now. It still had the original exhaust. Best car I ever owned.
    WitchyPsycho2, Ellensburg, WA, November 22, 2010 11:48
    I drive the 1992 Toyota Camry LE Wagon. Just hit 322,000 miles on it and its still running strong. Engine rebuilt at 215,000 miles. Other than minor maintenance issues no problems what so ever. Except the rear hatch does not like to be messed with. As long as you keep up with an oil change every 3,000 miles it will run like a dream. And i wouldnt suggest running full synthetic oil in the older models. It has a tendency to blow out seals. Running a synthetic blend is the best i have found so far. (I wouldnt suggest using Pennzoil either.) Other than minor maintenance it runs and drives like a charm
    thr jayster, Orlando, FL, November 22, 2010 11:47
    it a good car
    rocker, Boone, CO, November 22, 2010 11:47
    my 1992 toyota camry has 900,000 miles on it the engine is sound. the exhaust came apart at the y vaule other wise its in good shape can some one give me adivce to fix it my email is mayfield321@hotmail
    airforce, Sarasota, FL, November 22, 2010 11:47
    the lht are not brought enough and the misc s ok
    yasny, Glendale, AZ, November 22, 2010 11:47
    Hey everybody, My wife and I bought our 05' Camry LE 4-banger brand new. I believe it to be a worthy automobile. It now has 94,000 miles on it and we have replaced the following: 1 rear motor mount 1 front motor mount 2 brake job on front yesterday with new rotors this time (normal for between 20-40k and I drive it hard) It has been suggested to do the rack & pinion as it has begun to leak a little All in all one might say thats alot but, considering the driving and type of driving(hard) we do.....I'll take it!! It is a comfortable car with room for this 6'2" 225 pounder. It looks good and the paint and interior have done well. The garage we frequent says our car will last the 200-250k we want from it as long as we do the maintenance. I asked if it didn't seem like a repair or two to many but, they insured me I was right in the norm for wear & tear. The 05' Toyota Camry is a good, sound reliable vehicle guys...I'll buy another when the time comes.
    mariblo77, Champaign, IL, November 20, 2010 10:04
    I bought this car with 193,000 miles. It runs great! Now, I have 240,000 miles on it mostly highway. I get around 28-32 MPG! Since I bought the car, I had put new shocks, timing belt, water pump, and the usual oil change and occassional wheel alignment. Just got 4 new tires, rides like new again! My goal is to drive this car till it hits +300K, that wouldn't be an issue I think!
    Visitor, Dayton, OH, August 02, 2010 08:25
    First Toyota and worst car I have ever owned (owned 11) for cost of repairs. I've had to replace three cataytic converters, rack and pinion steering unit, high pressure power steering hose, core engine plug, starter, have my transmission ECM reflashed with an "alternate program", other repairs plus many smaller issues. Every service visit seems to be a minimum $600-1,000. Troubles started at 45,000 miles and the representative don't seem to understand why I am upset.
    mencio, Greensboro, NC, July 25, 2010 06:11
    bought my 1990 camry nov. 2006 payed 350.00 for ir from a nice sweet lady in new jersey and she had driven the car from indiana. it had 100k plus miles when i got it and it has 252k now. my everyday run around car it stays on the highway 2.0 4cyl get 400 miles to the tank highway. in the 4 years i had my baby ive gotten a water pump timing belt change total 350.00 , the tranny went 2 years ago total 450.00 labor and tranny, starter 150.00 total, front axle both sides 300.00 total (mechanic who did work did terrible job so i have to get the work done all over), and the basic wear and tear etc...so i can say i have about 1500-1800.00 invested in 4 years and she still rides smooth. just need to fix AC, replace front windshield and get front axle fixed...trying to get 500k on my baby...
    Visitor, Oakley, CA, July 25, 2010 00:39
    Bought this car ( 1997 LE ) in Sept. 2000 with 38,000 on the odometer. Now, in July 2010, the car has 315,000 on it and the engine ( V-6 ) runs like a Swiss watch. You have to strain to hear it when its running even standing next to it. Other than normal maintenance - tires 4 sets of Michelins, battery ( 2 ), brakes ( I'm on my 4th set of pads, 1 starter motor, and, get this - ONE TUNE-UP done 3 1/2 years ago. Only odd thing to happen was the rear wheel bearing assemblies went out, firs the righ rear and two years later the left rear. Does not use oil. How can you beat that!!! Absolutely the best car I've ever had and I've been driving 45 years. Don't be afraid to pick one up, if you can, even if it has 120,000 miles on it. Just be sure to get the V-6.
    Visitor, Valhalla, NY, July 23, 2010 13:26
    My V-6 LE shocked me when it went 30 to 32 miles to the gallon on trips. Mine was very reliable, and nice to drive.
    JMAC044, Overland Park, KS, July 22, 2010 01:59
    We bought this car new for my wife back in 2003. It has performed flawlessly with the possible exception of something that has just occurred. Her brake light will come on periodically. I had just a small amount of brake fluid and it goes off. There are no signs of leaks, but the brake light continues to come on. Our service advisor says that although our brake pads are still fine, more fluid is used in the stopping process and that's why the light comes on. Makes sense for one time. But it comes on about every week to 10 days. Any thoughts?
    Visitor, Sturgeon Bay, WI, July 12, 2010 09:31
    my camry has 228,000 and is still going strong.
    Visitor, Long Beach, CA, July 12, 2010 01:46
    I am the original owner. Mine has 96,000 miles. Strangely, my car has been in 3 accidents without anyone in my car. Each time while I was parked. Twice hit by my neighbor. I am very religious in changing my all my Fluids as recommended and my car is running great. After 11 years, the clearcoat on my hood is beginning to peal off. The interior door handle molding on the front doors when the panels are inserted have warped about 3 years ago so there is a small gap between the panel and molding. A door handle also broke. Additionally an idiot light keep displaying showing my tail lights needed to be replaced. This was corrected by using some electrical tape and a tie strap to keep the line tight and from getting rubbed. The later is common around 10 years and takes 1 minute to correct.
    Visitor, Buffalo, NY, July 08, 2010 13:27
    just bought a 1993 toyota camry 4 cyl 65000 miles from the south having problems running and stalling not sure yet really only 65000 miles and having problems that sucks!!!!
    Visitor, Americus, GA, July 06, 2010 20:37
    have 274,000 MILES. NO MAJOR PROBLEMS. CHANGE OIL REGULARLY, BRAKE PADS. MOST RELIABLE AND BODY STYLE IS SMOOTH. 1992 4CYL, 2.0 STILL GREAT GAS MILEAGE. 600-800 MILES A WEEK DOING NURSING HOME HEALTH
    Visitor, Florence, SC, July 03, 2010 07:52
    Bought this car for college with 150,000 miles on it for $3,000. 7 years later and 210,000 miles on it and still going strong. Now its my daily work car with 84 miles a day. No major repairs needed. I don't think I would sell it NOW for $3,000.
    Visitor, Lemoore, CA, June 27, 2010 13:27
    I love my car!!! Bought it new and now has 131000 miles on it. First problem was at a little over 100000 miles. Had to replace a back bearing. My advise to some of the complaints on here... Service your car correctly. AND if you are having issues with a know problem, find another dealer to work with. I will NOT deal with one of our dealerships, however, the other one is Awesome!!!
    Visitor, Louisville, CO, June 25, 2010 11:31
    Bought new, 240K miles on it and going strong. 4 Cyl. base model. Other than regular maintenance, have spent only about $1,000 on repairs in 12+ years, mainly worn contacts and gasket leaks, nothing major. Awesome car. Only issues: recently the passenger door outside handle stopped working so I need to open from inside until I get that repaired, and the ride is not as smooth as it used to be, but reliability is amazing.
    Visitor, Escondido, CA, June 23, 2010 19:52
    i have had my 2005 toyota camry for about three years now i bought it with 13,000 miles on it.. now it has 56,000 this car is soooo great it has NEVER given me any problems... i have done maintence like oil changes...cabin filter changes...new tires what a car needs. i have never heard a bad thing about these cars.. i cant believe the reviews on the bottom.. some advice take your car for some maintence ..dont just run it like crazy.. my stereo is messing up thats the only thing other than that I LOVE MY 05 CAMRY!!
    Visitor, Port Charlotte, FL, June 22, 2010 11:35
    I have a 2005 Camry and it is the best car I ever had. All we have done is change the oil when the light comes on and it just rolled 150,295 mi. Yes we are bad not pulling maintenance, afraid of dealerships. My first problem has just occurred. On the way back from a long trip the fan inside for the AC is acting up, blowing some, not at all, etc. What is it?
    Visitor, Redondo Beach, CA, June 19, 2010 17:47
    I am original owner. I have 208,000 miles on it! The most expensive continuing repair is the emission system. There are quite a few sensors and the mechanics don't seem to know which one is faulty. I put 3 sets of timing belts on it, about every 60K. I have never been able to switch from AC to heat... too much moisture and the interior windshield gets fogged up. I should say that overall I am VERY pleased with the car! The mechanic says I can go another 100K or better.
    thunsaker, Avondale, AZ, June 19, 2010 16:16
    We bought this car used with 80k miles on it in excellent condition. Compared to the 1996 model Camry the interior was much more spacious and handles a lot better. We get decent mileage on both the city and the highway. We spent the first two months discovering little touches that made the car great to drive. Rear sun-shade is great for kids in the back. The clock doubles as an information center for mpg, time and miles remaining in the tank. In the 1.5 years we've had it, we haven't had any issues breaking down or being stranded. Occasionally the headlights can get left on too long and the battery dies (not sure if this is user or sensor error.)
    Visitor, Jacksonville, FL, June 15, 2010 07:25
    I have had nothing but trouble with my 2007 Toyota Camry since I bought it. The second week I had it, the service engine light came on. I took it in and they told me they had replace my "charcoal filter" that is near the gas tank. They had to disassemble my whole fuel system to replace it. It ran like a tank after that, and after numerous visits, of them telling me nothing is wrong, I just drove it like it is. I got my oil changed every 3000 miles right on time. Well, now my engine has blown. For some reason there was not a drop of oil in it, even though I just had the oil changed last month. My miles are at 35,500 and my warranty expired at 35,000 miles. I am basically screwed. My last car was a camry as well, and the engine had to be replaced in it at 30,000 miles. I should have learned my lesson
    Visitor, Rockwall, TX, June 12, 2010 11:40
    Bought my 1993 Camry three years ago for $500. Ran like crap at first but after a major tune up it ran like new. It had 215,000 miles on it when I bought it and just spun over to 315,000. It still runs like new! It's not a beauty by any stretch but gets me from point A to point B quite dependably. Typical maintenance and this car will continue to run for a long time
    Visitor, Oklahoma City, OK, June 05, 2010 04:59
    I have a 2005 camary and the mailage is about 56000 I BROUGHT IT NEW the steering is very bad and I to replace the rack and pinon and that must be a manufactoring problem but that will cost$1300 i will never buy a camary again EVER!!!!
    Visitor, Allen, TX, June 02, 2010 11:14
    My wife's le v6 has 56000 miles and needs a new water pump timing belt top motor mount ( dog bone) rear brake pads valve cover gaskets. We change oil and filters every 3000 miles We will not buy another camry
    Visitor, Twin Peaks, CA, May 23, 2010 20:28
    Crappy quality and bad assembly caused the following problems center arm lean between front seats replaced because it makes noise. Driver seat replaced because it came loose from its rail. 3 times an oil leak at engine 3 times transmission leak I have been charged 1750$ to fix these leaks the 3 rd time around. radiator started leaking because bottom seal broke front suspension makes noise over bumps dealer unable to fix dashboard makes noise dealer tried to fix but unable battery wears out after only 3 years cheap quality I have to replace my tires every 12 to 15 K miles my wife drives this car and no she does not think she is doing the indie 500 dust behind radio screen unsafe situation in my ce with the seat belt that gets caught behind lever I contacted NHTSA. DO NOT BY A TOYOTA. MADE IN USA=BAD QUALITY= MORE COST FOR YOU. DO NOT BUY FIRST YEAR MODEL TOYOTA PERIOD UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO PAY FOR EXTRA REPAIR COSTS.
  • 2006 Toyota Camry
    Visitor, Upper Marlboro, MD, May 23, 2010 12:06
    Purchased new, now have 128k miles--runs flawless. Just keep your fluids flushed. First set of brake pads lasted almost 80k miles and that's driving from burbs to city daily. 800-900 mile trips one way is a breeze in this 4 cylinder. This is my 3rd Camry since 1989. My 1989 Camry had the same plugs (platinum) and wires until I traded @ 190k miles.
    Visitor, Lake Crystal, MN, May 19, 2010 10:17
    I bought this car from a family member who wasn't using it much. it had 75k miles on it. From then until now (110k miles), i've had to replace the following: Headlights (glass was foggy), rear struts, rear strut mounts, rear control arms, rear wheel bearing, 2 door handles (broke off). The car drives nice, if you like the really cushy feel to it. The stereo is not real great so I put new speakers in...helped a lot. The main downfall to this car is the 4 cylinder engine. It just isn't enough power. I have driven other vehicles with similar 2.2L engines, and they have better pickup and gas mileage. This car should perform better, and should get better gas mileage. Valve seals are going now, so I see that in the future. I am also replacing the plug wires and spark plugs this Friday....and the saga continues.
    Mcglry, Chandler, AZ, May 17, 2010 19:21
    This is a great car. I bought it used at 78,000 miles. I did have to replace a strut right when i got it. But other than that I have not had any major problems with this car.
    RickF, Lake Worth, FL, May 17, 2010 17:25
    Purchased this 2009 Camry just 2 months ago. I wasn't really looking for a new(er) car, but this car was in the parking lot of my credit union and was being sold at an excellent price! The car was 1 year old with 11K miles. It was previously owned by a Toyota dealership and used as a 'loaner-car' for customers getting extended service on their cars. It had no defects in the finish, excellent tires (Michelin Energy MXV-4s) and an excellent CarFax showing all the scheduled maint. completed on time. Both recalls regarding SUA (sudden unintended acceleration) were done... including a flash of the computer memory (ECM) so applying the brake will over-ride accelerator. So far this Camry is great. I like the ride... which is very smooth, quiet, with good mileage (26/32). I first started driving Camry's in 1989 where I fell in love with the model. Since then I've owned two '94s, an '02, an '05 and now the '09 (still have the '05). The Camry model has been a reliable model for me. Very low maintenance - good mileage - and comfortable ride. With all the recent bad press about Toyota, I really didn't think I was ever going to buy another Toyota product. I think a lot of the bad press is blown way out of proportion. This car is great!
    RickF, Lake Worth, FL, May 17, 2010 13:16
    We bought this car new for my wife to drive and she loves it! My car was a 2002 Camry and the '05 model rides quieter and smoother than my '02. In fact, I just traded the my '02 or a slightly used '09 and love that one too. The '05 Camry gets decent mileage at 25/31. There are 65,000 miles on the car now and the only thing we've had to do (besides routine maint) was to replace tires (~27K we put on Michelin Harmony tires), replaced battery after 3.5 years, and had to have the Catalytic converter replaced as it caused a 'check-engine' light. The CAT was replaced under the standard drive-train warranty so at no cost to us. This is a great car in my opinion!
    Visitor, Hoschton, GA, May 11, 2010 03:43
    Have had the car since new and currently have 160000. Have never had any major problems with it and still runs just as good as when it was new.
    Visitor, Winchester, VA, May 10, 2010 20:46
    BEST CAR I've EVER owned. 180000 trouble free miles but am starting to have problems with power door locks not working in hot weather, engine warning light has been on since 69000 miles. I was told it was a burned out catalitic converter but was to expensive to replace $1100 so I kept driving the car WITHOUT any problems for the next 11000 miles!!! I WILL definately buy another toyota even after all the recalls I know they want my business again so the product has to be safe and better!!!!!!
    Visitor, Morgantown, WV, May 02, 2010 20:43
    I have a 2007 Camry xle Had my water pump replaced at 50,000 miles. But this was a recall so I would check with your dealer mine was covered 100% and when I comlained about the problem I found out that this was a recall item. I am a mother of three and my amp went bad I do not listen to my music loudly or do anything that would possibly warrent my amp going bad dealership would not replace told I would have to by a new amp even though it was clearly bad to begin with. I bought a toyata after a bad experience with my Gm I guess its time to go to honda or nissan.
    Visitor, Pleasant Hill, MO, April 29, 2010 17:43
    Have a leaking water pump at 68K miles. Dealership says replacement will be almost $500. I bought a Toyota so I wouldn't have problems like this...until the car was at high miles or old. Disappointed. Also, my wheels are rusting under the cap.
    Visitor, Loveland, OH, April 26, 2010 22:41
    I just bought this car for my mom from a co-worker for $800. Great car everything is in perfect operating order lol well except for the part were it has 293,467 miles on it. the car still runs perfect feels great and drives smooth as a caddy. And after all those miles it had its first fluid leak going to look at it on my day off work. Its more impressive than my 89 cougar ls that im halfing to work on every month, JDM vehicles rock!!!
    tombou, Lackawaxen, PA, April 20, 2010 11:35
    excellent car all of my past camrys
    Visitor, Piqua, OH, April 19, 2010 15:37
    I have just recently purchases this vehicle for a toyota dealer in Ohio. Ever since i first heard it, it sounds like a vaccum leak coming from the back of the motor. I have taken it to 3 different Toyota Dealers and had Sears Auto Centers look at it and no one knows what it is. Other than that, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this car. The best ive ever owned
    Visitor, Melbourne, FL, April 17, 2010 13:57
    Great car! I've had mine for over four years and haven't had any problems with it. It's also great on gas.
    Visitor, Raleigh, NC, April 07, 2010 16:45
    realiable car, powerful, refined. only problem I had is idle is not smooth enough compare to my previously owned 2010 corolla. in order to get great MPG, I decided put up K&N cool air intake to replace one that factory installed, and performance chip. good thing is I replace both head light low and high with HID 8000K, LEBRA, etc a lot upgrade.
    Visitor, Hesperia, CA, April 05, 2010 14:15
    Yeah so my mom own's one of these cars, I say they're great. But before my mom using it, my dad always used this car to go to work. Since he's a mechanic, boy is the interior horrible now. Other than that, whoever owns a Toyota Camry best to take care of them. They're great cars actually. They run for a long period of time. I saw most of you having problems with this as well, it's easy to fix dents, brake's oil and so on. Fixing dents will require a suction cup at a store. You can do it yourself. If oil leaks, replace the oil caps. Many things I like, would be the great automatic transmission that hasn't broke down on us. The v6 engine that gets quite few engine problems. The interior which is actually comfortable. These cars are great for long drives. Sadly, it's been robbed many times. Keep an eye out, and read the manual carefully. Car's need love too.
    Visitor, Salem, OR, April 05, 2010 12:16
    I am having to replace the water pump ($250) at 35K miles. Not happy about that at all.
    Visitor, Independence, MO, April 03, 2010 20:56
    i payed 400 dollars for a 1990 Toyota Camry Le and it runs great!!!!!
    buckwheat3, Bismarck, ND, February 15, 2010 20:38
    At 22,000 the engine light went on, not too pleased to replace the mass air flow sensor for $300. The front "leather" seat is not all leather and the plastic areas keep cracking...they've already replaced twice and no longer under warranty.
    carchic, Kenner, LA, February 11, 2010 16:14
    Bought the car used in 2003 and haven't had very many problems until recently. Oil seals and lots of leaks, but the car is old..
    widow, Milwaukee, WI, February 09, 2010 17:48
    I bought the 2005 Camry in November, 2005. At 50,981 miles (November 2008) I put $500 in replacing the intermediate steering shaft because their technician noted the problem when I went in for a routine oil change. I learned later that there was an advisory sent out to the dealers on this issue. Now I go in for another routine oil change and they tell me I need to replace a loose left inner rack on the power steering. That's going to cost me another $500. That's putting $1,000 into clearing up a faulty manufacturing issue which may put my life or others on the road, at risk. I'm really disgusted. I won't buy another Toyota product. And to think they got all these "rave" reviews from me over the year. Boy was I taken.
    Z-man 2010, Littleton, CO, February 07, 2010 10:36
    Reliable automobile. Not part of the gas pedal recall, which is nice. Good vehicle for Colorado winter driving with the traction control, steering assist and abs, but it's still not an awd vehicle. Gas mileage, about 23 overall with highway, city and lot of stop and go on I-25. Complaints. I think the sheet metal has to be the thinnest out there. Dents very easily. Also not a status car so you won't be getting a lot of speeding tickets because it looks like a car older conservative folks would drive. Not crazy about the climate control system which always reset back to auto after you turn off the car. I'm not always going to want to be at 73 degrees. What I like about the car are nice features with XLE, V-6 version. Love the heated seats, steering assist, traction control and the cool radio feature that tells you who is playing what song on the radio. Reliable, only routine maintenance so ownership cost is really good.
    corollaman704, Charlotte, NC, January 30, 2010 20:18
    great car!!!
    Bushman, West Des Moines, IA, January 23, 2010 10:39
    This is the second Camry of this style I own. I've been very pleased with it. The only gripe I have is that it is slow to get moving. Also when it gets cold it shakes a bit like a manual transmission does when the revs are too low...this is an automatic transmission however.
    tcbrown, Woodstock, VA, January 07, 2010 19:52
    What a gutless wonder. It is loud, and handles like a bucket of water. the seats are not comfortable. This car has just reminded me to keep buying american.
    fourknuckle, New Albany, IN, January 03, 2010 15:47
    Reason I rated exhaust low is the prices of the parts. They seem to be higher than most. I bought the car from a friend for $300. Front left bearing was shot, replaced it for $25. The cat converter is clogged, $400 for a new one and the flex pipe is shot $194 for one of those. Other than that the cars runs fine and suspention is in good condition. Not bad for a car this old and with 200,000 miles on it.
    1384, Orlando, FL, December 10, 2009 06:19
    I have this 2005 since new and is the best investment i have made ever.
  • 2006 Toyota Camry
    SteveBC, Philadelphia, PA, November 17, 2009 16:16
    This is my wife's car. She does a lot of driving and the car has been very reliable. I think the paint job could be better, but engine and transmission have been great. In 47000 miles, we've changed brakes, oil changes and tires. Not bad!
    Andamo, Sarver, PA, November 09, 2009 16:34
    We bought our 2002 Camry SE new in October of 2002. The car must have been someplace and the acid rain had all the flat surfaces marked. The dealership tried to do something with it, but it was a lost cause. My wife hit a deer with it and that got the hood, right front fender and right side door repainted. The bodyshop buffed out the entire car and the marked sections looked good.....for a while. The car has 54K miles on it now and I just replaced the rotors and pads and belts. The rotors were rusted so bad the car had a shimmy like a wheel being out of balance. I replaced the rotors with Centric rotors. They have a coating that supposed to stave off the rust. Here in Western Pennsylvania they use salt and anti skid like there's no tomorrow ! The car had a oxygen sensor go out early and that's been the extent of any problems. We bought a new Hyundai Azera in the fall of 2007, so the Camry is now mine. We wanted another Camry but couldn't deal with Toyota at all. Every winter I put on a set of 4 Blizzaks on steel rims and the car acts like it has 4WD !
    Ekimg, Tucson, AZ, November 09, 2009 07:25
    I bought this 1995 Camry LE V6 new and have diligently maintained it. I have done all the maintenance that the manufacturer recommends. We've babied the car; there isn't a ding on the vehicle. At 72627 miles I had to have the transmission rebuilt. At 73864 miles it needed a new steering rack. At 75931 miles there was a gas smell coming from the rear of the car. It was intermittent, so I put up with it for a while because the shop couldn't identify the problem. Then it got worse and, at 100212 miles, it was diagnosed as having a gas tank issue. I was told I needed to have the tank repaired or replaced. The repair didn't work, so now I will need to have the gas tank replaced. I have never, ever had any of these kinds of problems on any of my cars (Plymouth, Accord, Toyota Celica, Olds Cutlass, VW bug, 2 Chev Impalas, Chev Malibu, Volvo 240DL) in the past. We bought the Camry because of what we thought would be a reliable car, but it's turned out to be a lemon. By the way, the car runs real nice, but I'm still concerned that the transmission is running on borrowed time. With the problems this car has had, I've convinced my wife to try a Honda Accord next time around.
    bobgeneral, Boynton Beach, FL, November 05, 2009 22:01
    I bought this vehicle with 24,000 miles on it. It now has 120,000. It just keeps running. I chage the oil according to the manual and use regular gas. I have replaced the brakes once, I'm on my second set of tires, I alligned the front end once, the AC blows ice cold and I never touched it, the power windows still work but they are slowing down. and all exterior lights work but I did have to change a few bulbs. This car is 12 years old I have put very little money into repairs and it still gets me the 48 miles to work and back every day. It's not the flashiest babe magnet on the road but it is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned.
    99 camry, Greenwich, OH, September 25, 2009 12:51
    my dad owns this type of camry which is a 1999 camry 4 door sedan type LE It was rarley used untill we got by our grandparents and has 3225.4 miles on it fot the odmeter overall i love the styles of 99 camry especaily the gold color which is our color my dad is going to pass it on to me when i can drive god bless the camry P.s.I don`t like the years 01-10 camry models the style is discusting to me i prefer 1990-2000. thank you
    dallask, Martinez, CA, September 05, 2009 02:29
    at 108000 miles it blew a head gasket and stripped the head bolts. The check engine lite did not come on until the damage was done. Repair shop says rebore (?not the word they used) head bolts and we won't guarantee any work or put a different motor in it. (New or used.) called this motor a "disposable" one that toyota put in lots of 2002 era camrys. This Camry has been a disaster. Other mild problems previously.
    Clynelish, Delran, NJ, August 16, 2009 08:06
    A bad year and a problematic car. Toyota scrimped that year (Defroster lines only go halfway down on back light , for instance) and they must have cut costs in the engine and brakes especially. Maybe I'm getting taken by unscrupulous repair shops, but I've put three sets of rotors on this car, I'm headed to my THIRD water pump, the radiator cracked and front and rear anti-sway bars had to be replaced --- all very expensive. Mileage has been disappointing, 23 mpg at best with the auto. trans. vs 31+ mpg on my old 1987 Camry with a manual trans., a much better vehicle. I'm at the 154K mark and it drives well, but that's when it's not in the repair shop. The Japan-built radio in the '87 was also better than the Delco crap in this '97. What was Toyota thinking? Right now it's cheaper to repair, 'til I can save enough for something better. Send me a bailout, Obama!
    k_surp, New Braunfels, TX, August 07, 2009 09:00
    My wife drives a '97 camry v6 with 180,000 and still running strong. Her dad bought the car with 90,000 miles on it and between he and I, all we've ever done is a regular oil change and air filter change. does anyone have any tips or advice on service or replacments I should do? surp516@yahoo.com
    Jaypan, Bloomington, IN, July 28, 2009 17:25
    Bought this 4 cylinder Camry in 2005 brand new. Steering wheel is loose and not firm. Took it to dealer several times but he says it is ok to have a loose steering...Car runs good, no complaint.
    Capn Vic, Woodbridge, VA, July 28, 2009 10:12
    I purchased this car in 2003, It gets very good gas mileage. And has been reliable. I have had the transmission seal and oil pan seals replaced by the dealership, while the car was under warranty. Tire wear is good. I seem to be having a problem with the water pump, but its about time to replace it, as well as the timing belt. I have changed the oil regularly. and I recently had the transmission fluids replaced. Still runs as good when I got it at 27,000 miles.
    williegee, Bronx, NY, July 27, 2009 14:13
    bought this car brand new within the first two years noticed excessive front tire wear with less than 5000 miles and a continued knocking in the steering column when wheel is turned and no one knows whats wrong but the forums have the same complaints.This car is not good on gas.So far everything else is operating well.interior compartment noisy so if you want quietness in your car cabin,forget about it!!Vehicle mileage now is 17000 miles so imagine down the road...
    Joey D, Port Saint Lucie, FL, June 29, 2009 08:08
    I have over 137,000 miles on my Camry. I have replaced the rack and pinion, and brakes. It just keeps going. In the past, I have put over 250 miles per day, with no problems. Great car!
    robnatlanta, Lilburn, GA, May 26, 2009 16:25
    Excellent workhorse 5-spd manual going strong at 286,000 miles. Replaced clutch at 125,000 and 225,000 miles. Distributor replaced at 225,000 and 250,000 (rebuilt part didn't last too long) but the new one works fine now. A/C compressor replaced with junkyard model at about 210,00 miles and still blows cold, cold air. Spark plug wires replaced at 120,000 and 240,000 miles. Plugs I replace every 20,000-30,000 just to keep it clean. Little things like the drivers doorlock tempermental since 1995, but hit it to snap it closed. Guess that's why someone traded it in when it was 2 years old, and I picked it up as the second owner.
    lovemycamry, Greenwood, SC, April 26, 2009 12:49
    Like all the Toyotas i've owned. This is a great car with very smooth handling on the road. After five years, only problem thus far is A/C blowing warm air. I haven't taken it to the dealer yet but according to the owners manual, no indication it will be a major repair.
    Dr. Phil, Avon, IN, April 11, 2009 08:13
    This is a dream to drive and ride in. We had the windows tinted dark and that made it a real eye stopper. The CD & sound system is beautiful. Great gas mileage - 33mpg. Lots of room. A Keeper.
    Biesmor, Flint, MI, April 06, 2009 08:19
    2005 LE 45000 mi Bought new Battery bad at 30000 mi Tires bad at 32000 Steering bad at 45000 Not a great car for Toyota
    wolfrman, Bronx, NY, March 18, 2009 18:17
    I have had many cars. The 2003 Toyota Camry is my first toyota and I love this car and no other car will replace it.
    luckster, Scottsdale, AZ, March 08, 2009 10:20
    Best car
    aokreal, Key West, FL, March 01, 2009 16:04
    I have the 2007 Camry hybrid, it has been great till now. After 51,000 miles the steering is very hard to turn. Its like the old manual steering, manual says it is electic steering, I checked the instrument panel fuse its fine, under the engine there is an 80 amp fuse, I cant figure out how to pull it. Any advise out there?
    CPFB, Alpharetta, GA, March 01, 2009 09:07
    I have owned the car since 2000. In this time all I have done is basic maintaince, Oil change, put a K&N air filter in it, trans fluid change (none of this flush stuff), alignments, rotate tires, three or four sets of brakes and most recently a timing belt, water pump, front seals and the drivers outer door handle. It has been a great car and I don't plan on getting rid of it. The steering is starting to float a little and the trans is shifting a little harder these days but overall a great car. The bigest complaint is the defog in wet weather. The car is so sealed that it needs to run the AC wen ever it is raining to defog the car. MAN it gets cold in there!!
    orcasong, Walnut Creek, CA, February 22, 2009 14:44
    The biggest problem that I have had with this car in the 5+ years I have owned it is with the door and truck locks. I have had to replace both driver side door lock actuators and repair the trunk lock, costing about $400 each time. The brakes "float" and always have, even on replacement. But they function fine. Otherwise, a very good and reliable car.
    camrylover, Antioch, TN, January 19, 2009 15:15
    My 2007 camry has rotor problems. At 20,000 miles rotors replaced, now at 35,000 miles rotors not true. Just want to know if anyone else had this problem!
    kptjohn, Mount Carmel, TN, January 17, 2009 09:58
    Great Car, underpowered with 4 cyl
    brickracer, Oakland, CA, December 22, 2008 08:57
    I had the Camry for about 7 years and it started to go downhill towards the end. I have high expectations for Toyota since they are supposed to be the most reliable but I found little things going wrong and needing repair like the dashboard lights and window switches. The engine also had some oil leaks which required the valve cover gasket to be replaced. The car never handled very well. Initially it handled like a boat so I put some aftermarket wheels and sport springs on the camry and they ended up rubbing inside the fender wells when I would hit a bump so it was never quite right. I decided to get a Honda for my next car and that has been better.
    invisyblninja, Carmichael, CA, December 11, 2008 15:16
    Drives like a Toyota should.
    felixintahoe, South Lake Tahoe, CA, November 25, 2008 17:40
    Car has been well taken care of, but has some major issues at 100k miles. Bad engine knocking, steering problems, and exhaust noise.
    dzshopping, Aurora, IL, November 11, 2008 11:17
    Have this car for 5 years already. Never have a problem.
    Ohio Quilter, Simi Valley, CA, November 11, 2008 10:09
    Purchased in Dec 2001. Have only 55k miles. Runs great! No mechanical problems. Original brakes. Tires replaced in 2006. Love the service from local dealer.
    tpw, Edmond, OK, October 17, 2008 13:03
    I purchased this car new in late 1998 and it has served me well. I now have 96,000 miles with no trouble.
  • 2000 Toyota Camry
    jahb, Fair Oaks, CA, October 13, 2008 12:59
    The best I have ever owned, change the oil every 3000-4000 miles,flush the transmission,..
    pookies, Monroe Township, NJ, September 27, 2008 11:32
    very reliable, no major problems with regular maintenance 75000 miles driven
    Natalya, Walnut Creek, CA, August 27, 2008 07:07
    The car has 170,000 miles on it but still works great as long as it receives regular maintenance. After 12 years the only problem I've come across is oil leaks which are easily fixed.