Reviews for Chevrolet Malibu years:

Chevrolet Malibu Reviews and Owner Comments

Chevrolet MalibuOwner Reviews (78 reviews)
  • 2007 Chevrolet Malibu
    Visitor, Basehor, KS, October 16, 2014 03:05
    love this car. Has been a great car for the last seven years no work put in to it accept regular maintenance.
    Visitor, Wilmington, OH, May 08, 2014 05:41
    This is my first car and Iove it.
  • 2012 Chevrolet Malibu
    Visitor, Rochester, NY, March 14, 2014 06:09
    at 20,000 miles my transmission went on my car and now 10,000 miles later my heating/ac system went when I turn the dial nothing happens the blowers wont turn on. This is the first car i ever bought brand new and I have more problems and it has cost me more money than any of the used cars I have bought in the past.
    Visitor, Saint Louis, MO, August 28, 2013 19:33
    Had to have engine replaced at 57,000 due to dex-cool coolant problem. Other than that very few problems but I only have 85,000 on it.
    Visitor, Kitts Hill, OH, July 10, 2013 16:27
    I have a 1998 Chevy Malibu when I am putting gas in at the pump it is running out under the car. There is a little black box which is supposed to filter the fumes instead the gas is going thru this box and running out on the groun. I thought this box wwas bad so I replaced it the gas is still going into the box and out on the ground. Can someone plz help me solve this problem no holes in the gas tank going into little black box back by the rear passenger tire under car.We bought new part and it is still doing it. PLEASE CONTACT ME AT maryaldridge69@yahoo.com
    Nicodemus_mm, Bristol, VA, July 08, 2013 18:26
    I have a 2009 Malibu LTZ. The vehicle has 203,031 miles on it as of 2013/07/08. **Note: I am not easy on vehicles.** I've had to replace the left wheel hub assembly once and the right assembly twice. A spring in the driver's seat-back broke that maintains pressure on the cushioning. (I'm 6'0" @ 180lbs, so not heavy.) The left wiper's stop position (before return) is in the driver's field of view... just a nuisance. I've had to flash the Bluetooth/On-Star module. The headlights are a royal pain to change, but I've done so myself every time. Note: I am NOT a mechanic, just mechanically adventurous. It's also a lot cheaper to do your own work. Oh, and I think my rear-left caliper is bad. It started leaking fluid today. :/ **I would buy this car again. It has put up with my lead foot and toted me all over the mountains of southwest VA and northeast TN. It is a comfy ride (for me) and that having spent over 8,000 hours in the seat. Regarding the headlights: You only need a jack, jack stands (for safety) and a decent socket set. Oh... and time. The first time you do it it may take a couple of hours or more. Plan for 4ish. In advance buy replacement friction fasteners for the wheel well liners... maybe twenty. You should be able to locate vids or descriptions of the process online. Lay something under the front fascia so you don't scratch it. Keep a swear-jar nearby. You'll pay off the car before you get the headlights changed. :)
    Visitor, Hemet, CA, June 25, 2013 20:20
    I have a 2011 Malibu. Since the day it was delivered, I have complained to the dealer that it was sluggish and very poor gas mileage. My 2001 Silverado had about the same MPG. The dealer told me that if you get 20 - 25 mpg that was real good. Even though the sticker states otherwise. I have taken it in on many occasions and asked for it to be checked out. Still they say they found nothing. Now when I accelerate from stop, the mpg goes to 4 and the car hestitates even longer. Sound like there may be a leak in the exhaust system and has no get up and go at all. I really am so disappointed with this car.
    Visitor, Chandler, AZ, February 13, 2013 14:31
    A little over 2 years ago I bought a 2001 Chevy Malibu from a franchised Chevy dealer. It had 98,000 miles on it, and I thought I got a good deal, especially with it being a dealer. I was wrong. I now have 125,000 miles on it, and have had the following issues. Replaced radiator due to broken drain. Replaced intake manifold gaskets due to coolant leak. Was told it was because of DexCool. Replaced serpentine belt tensioner due to bearing failure, left me stranded. Engine has an intermittent knocking noise. Replaced all 4 struts, suspension was out of alignment, not adjustable. A/C works when it wants to. Both rear door power window regulators failed. I bolted the windows in the closed position. Starter jammed up flywheel, broke starter housing. Windshield washer quit working. I would buy another car, but I have so much money tied up in this one I will just have to keep my fingers crossed and keep it a couple more years.
    Visitor, South Lyon, MI, February 05, 2013 06:55
    I have had this car for 6 years. It was a great car up until last year. The fuel sensor went bad and now I have to guess when to fill up my take and pay attention to my miles to figure out when I need gas. For the last two or three years, the cars suspension, steering and brakes don't feel safe or reliable. Now the converter for the power to the car needs to be replaced, my thermostat, and my sway bar in the back has broken twice.
    Visitor, Birmingham, AL, January 25, 2013 13:50
    I have experienced problems with this car since purchasing it used. It does not even have 80,000 miles on it yet. I am 62 years old, retired female and seldom drives it now, but when I do, there is something wrong with it. I have repaired the lights, where it rained around the parking lights. Ignition sticks and I have to jiggle it to make it turn. The horn, locks, lights all were blinking at once; had this repaired. Now, it needs a fuel pump (01-24-13). When I put it in drive after taking my foot off the break, it makes a very loud scary thumping sound. However, whenever I had everything repaired, it ran for a few months. Since I am now retired and live on a fixed income, I can't afford to get it repaired all the time, or trade it off for a new car. Honestly, I like the car, but it has given me so much heartache. Oh yes, the heating and air does not work either.
    Visitor, Tuscaloosa, AL, January 07, 2013 09:46
    I bought my 02 malibu 2years ago from a used car dealership and it was fine at first but then the my air conditioning start to not want to come on then my brakes starts acting up now my back light don't work and my gas meter stop working also when i cut my car off and open the door the radio stays on and my car is making a funny noise and my it drives like it wants to shut down on me at anytime.. blessed to have a car that is paid for but i hate the fact that this car has given me so many problems..1/7/2013 KB
    Visitor, Boston, MA, December 18, 2012 11:08
    The headlight replacement of the 2009 Chevrolet Malibu is very suck!!! It is not possible to do it by yourself because you have to remove the front bumper to gain access to replace a $14.00 bulb with a special tool only the dealer ship has. It cost me upwards of $95 at the Chevrolet dealer (another quo at MONRO was $150). Bad bad bad design for a simple task!!!
    Paul Chop, Cape May, NJ, November 21, 2012 11:45
    I recently purchased from a senior citizen. The vehicle has 36,000 miles on it. But, the engine light is on. So far I replaced the gas cap, the solenoid and the charcoal cannister. I still cannot get the cel to go out. Any suggestions?
    Visitor, York, PA, November 11, 2012 16:55
    good car all around it can take a beating and yet runs good,picks up speed really good, all and love this car.
    Visitor, Hendersonville, TN, November 02, 2012 08:49
    I recently was in a car accident in this vehicle where the left mirror was taken off the and the driver's door panel doesnt open all the way so im thinking the front panel is dented and preventing the door from ompletely opening.. does anyone know what this might cost to get repaired?
    Visitor, Verona, NJ, October 13, 2012 08:51
    About a year ago I started hearing a thumping noise, mostly when I turned left but also at other times. I only had about 115,000 miles so it was not like the car was totally shot. I took it to a local shop who diagnosed it as the left front lower control arm. We did the repair, cost about $250, and I thought that was it. Wrong! The noise was still there so I went back. This time I was told it was the stabilizer bar, that it was cracked. This repair was going to be another $400 to fix what I thought had just been fixed. So I hesitated and sought a second opinion. The next diagnosis was that the main engine mounts were totally shot, that the movement of the engine with acceleration and deceleration were causing the problem. So I had this done. More money. Well, that didn't do the job either. I talked to someone else with a background in aeronautics as well as auto repair who suggested it was unibody flex, a condition where metal fatigue sets in from age and as you drive the frame crinks a little kind of like when you rumple a piece of aluminum foil. The condition is not correctable and I would have to live with it. Well I was not satisfied with that so I sought out another mechanic who thought it was either the left front strut or the strut cover. Depending on which, this repair would run $400 to $600. Now I was really annoyed. Nobody agreed. So I decided to do what up to now I had avoided, go to a dealer and pay the diagnostic fee. Well, this diagnosis was the most disheartening. A laundry list of items, the main being a new steering rack and power steering pump. Their cost? About $1600. Wow. Add it all up. Around $3000. More than the value of the car. The thumping was awful,constant and drove me nuts, but since I didn't know for sure who was right I couldn't do anything. So I moved on to my other problem. I wanted to fix my ABS system in advance of what I fear is going to be a very snowy winter. The sensor is in the axle bearing hub. The left front was diagnosed as bad so I had the entire hub replaced. I couldn't believe it. THE THUMPING NOISE DISAPPEARED! The feedback I got from two experienced mechanics was that there was a hairline crack in the hub or a hub bearing and it was telegraphing to all areas of the front of the car. So if anyone else has this problem think twice before you get deep into expensive repairs.
    yrral2011, Phoenixville, PA, July 10, 2012 09:14
    2011 Malibu 4 cyl 2.4L eng. Won't accelerate at times with ac on, misses, like no gas or in neutral.Car may slow down till kicks in, have to use more pressure on gas pedal to get to point where operates normally.Intermitten problem,seems to have to warm up or be on highway to happen.
    Visitor, Columbus, GA, June 04, 2012 07:44
    I have a Malibu 2000 and it is getting to be a problem. I paid 3000 dollars for it about 2 years ago. It had been wrecked and after having it painted and repaired I was out of nearly 5000 dollars and I am still having problems. Do you know anyone who wants to buy a used chevy that run well but is always giving me emission problem??? Plus, I spent nearly 3 hundred last month and now I need to spend more on the air pump! Somebody help me Please!!!
    brookgolf, Twin Lake, MI, May 03, 2012 03:24
    I have had my 2011 malibu in the shop 6 times for problems related to the shaking that i feel in the steering wheel when driving. On the 3rd visit they told me about a letter of concern issued by chevy. Not a recall, because it was still under warranty, problem continued and still is present off and on. My drain tubes in sunroof are clogged and reported problem months ago, to no avail. Nothing could be found by dealer. Got in fender bender when steering went shaky then nonresponsive. Took my car to new dealer who confirmed my problems. Electrical now having severe problems!! I am calling Chevrolet today to see what can be done. As I see it this car sems to be lemmon, but then again after looking at these blogs seem to feel could be whole line of malibu. Thought I was buying CAR OF THE YEAR!!
    Visitor, Chester, PA, March 28, 2012 17:51
    I just purchased my car used.A chevy malibu 2005 the dealership lowered the price because it needed a fuel pump,the gas meter went on the car. that was fixed and the engine light came back on now its says i need a cat. on top of that the left signal light went and burned a whole in the bulb and a burn stain on the car. now i believe the transmission might be damaged due to the color being brown and since the car doesn't have a dipstick i can't check the trans myself. the car is cute but other then that its just trash. i should have kept my nissan altima 1997. Now im stuck and spending all my money on this car.smh
    Visitor, Saint Louis, MO, March 19, 2012 20:26
    I own a 2005 Malibu LT I really do love my baby cadillac, my auto is fully loaded I bought it brand new. The problem is I had the gear shift replaced about a year ago, I should have taken it back when the vehicle was under warranty but the time of day never came. Now it's 2012 and no warranty and the shifter has gone from bad to worse. Now I can't move the gear shifter at all, it's now stuck in L and can't budge. I'm in St Louis and I tell you that I don't trust a chevy dealer in town. I have been screwed a few times by the dealers here. I will buy another GM products because it's the american thing to do,however I would like to get htis one repaired.Oh I almost forgot the interior was falling apart they said it was fixed and right now the problem still exist today. Can't tell you how many times I bought brakes and bulbs for my car. Knock in the steering column GM did not recall. Oh let me shut up I LOVE MY CAR!
    Visitor, Havre, MT, March 15, 2012 08:40
    We have a 2011 Malibu LTZ. The problem we are experiencing is the interior lights fluctuate all the time. One time you can see the dash lights really well: speed, RPM, radio, etc. But then all of a sudden, they will lighten so that you can hardly see them. We haven't touched the switch that regulates it at all. Any suggestions, the dealership says that's normal. Really?
  • 2012 Chevrolet Malibu
    nealk, White Hall, AR, March 09, 2012 14:22
    I own a 2012 Malibu LTZ I have only 14773 miles on it in the last 4 months I have been experiencing a roaring like that of hydraulics. I took it into dealer they said they have found nothing, on 3-9-2012 was driving down a one way street coming up to a red light as I stopped the vehicle, I preceded to take off the steering wheel locked up and I ran over a huge covert blue out my tire damged my under carriage. Curious to know what the findings will be now that my car is in the shop discombobulated.
    Visitor, Belleview, FL, March 01, 2012 07:57
    muy 98 malibu front right brake hangin up new caliper new rotor new pads please help
    Visitor, Miami, FL, January 31, 2012 05:38
    I have a chevrolet moalibu 2011, it start and drive but when I start it the car shaking you can feel the vibration,
    Visitor, Pelham, AL, January 25, 2012 15:35
    1998 Chevrolet Malibu I purchased car with 65,000 miles, now it has over 316,000 miles. Original engine and transmission. No major problems other than the lower intake manifold gasket that I replaced at 200,000. Great car
    cramirez0724, Pasadena, TX, January 03, 2012 13:26
    I know that alot of things have to do with the way people take care of their vehicles.. but I've also read that some of the problems i have are common issues with this car. Bought car Feb. 2011 for 3200 cash. Drove it on the highway seemed to be fine. Checked fluids. All good. 2 days later overheats. One week later engine locks. After a new engine, new belt, new intake manifold gasket, new radiator, tune up, new water pump, new compressor, and new battery... I have a brand new car. :) I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone unless you have a fat wallet and ALOT of patience.
    Visitor, Streamwood, IL, September 19, 2011 08:22
    Well I dont know where to begin but i do love my car, unfortunately there is a electrical problem. I change my signal and brake light almost every month on top of the windows, sometime it wants to work and the alarm keep going on when it wants to. Oh and let not forget about the AC/Heater blower that went out. I had to have the front Hub Barren replaced. Just tired of it and looking forward to getting rid of it!
    Visitor, Merrimack, NH, September 06, 2011 13:19
    Twice we lost a wheel cover and hub on the front of the car. We had a mechanic say that because they are fastened on with lugs they should not just come off. Has anyone else had a problem with this?
  • 2008 Chevrolet Malibu
    Visitor, Ocean Springs, MS, September 01, 2011 09:00
    Dash lights don't come on sometimes when they should be during daylight hours. AC works when it wants too, not when I want it or need it, have to play with controls to get it on. Dealer CAN'T find anything wrong. Says that it may be a "loose electrical connection". He also says that he thinks I have a bad actuator but that there are four of them and they can't find out which one is bad unless I bring the car in when it is malfunctioning, I have left the car with them for three days because it will only malfunction most of the time when you first start the car every day. It will sometimes clear up on the second start up of the car. Have had this problem with the AC since I purchased vehicle in 2008.
    Visitor, Gainesville, GA, August 04, 2011 19:03
    Visitor, Valley Stream, NY, July 25, 2011 11:58
    gm brakes are ng etc
    Visitor, Saint Louis, MO, July 22, 2011 13:12
    gm should be ashamed to sell junk like this to the public... PERIOD!
    Visitor, New Harmony, IN, July 01, 2011 15:12
    I have had this car for 5 years,and 117000 miles.i haven't had to do anything to it but ,replace brakes,oil & filters changes,tires, etc. Drives great get very good gas miles (36 on the interstate} 29 on combination city & highway.The only problem has to do with a pop in the steering sometimes when turning the wheels after a stop. A mechanic in a goodyear store said this could be fixed in a hour by lub being addded to the steering knuckle in the column.He quoted a cost of $65,I should of had it done but at the time I didn't have time to wait.Overall this malibu 2006 LT 2.2 has been a very good car and I plan on keeping it until it give me problems and then I will be looking to trade it in for another malibu.
    Visitor, Diamond Bar, CA, June 20, 2011 11:45
    The engine and transmission are great. I get an average of 26mpg and a high of 35mpg on open road trips. No issues with drive train. No interior issues. The cruise control doesn't always work but that I think is related to the steering column work because of the horrible electric power steering design. It has been worked on under warrenty 3 times but problems were only temporarily resolved. I refuse to take it in to fix again because I know it will only be temporary. I have been waiting for a recall but no luck. Steering assist occationally turns off and repair service light is always on. If they would just resolve this issue I would think this car is a very good value.
    gtp721, Wakefield, MA, June 08, 2011 04:15
    bought this car 18months ago had no problem with it so far car rides smoth and quiet get great gas mileage this is the best car i ever owned only gripe is trans down shifts funny sometimes
    Visitor, Omaha, NE, April 23, 2011 17:09
    Bought this car brand new, have always taken god care of it like any responsible owner should and in return has treated us well. Has never left us broke down on the side of the road. That said we have done some expensive maintenance to it, but thats just it Maintencance. We replaced the head gaskets, and intake manifold gasket. Just replaced the exhaust system, the a/c heat control panel, no problems with the brakes, just replace the pads and rotors every 5 years or so. Replaced the front struts at 65k and the rear at 70k.. All electrical is working fine after 12 years, still rides and handles great, lots of room inside, we plan on keeping this car for many more years yet. It is a great car. So many people just beat on their cars, drive and drive and dont do any p.m. at all, then they wonder why it starts to fall apart ..Take care of your vehicle people and it will take care of you.
    beckaboo, Minneapolis, MN, February 22, 2011 10:56
    Replaced brakes twice and I am an easy driver. Multiple electrical and control problems..they just keep coming. ABS light, Anti theft problems-car won't start, horn honking, blinkers blink constantly.Also door locks don't respond, window motors going out. And fuses go out often, air flow control malfunctions. Engine has been good for me. Exhaust replaced at 85,000 miles. Heating and air not very strong. Steering has been good for me, suspension ok.
    Visitor, Coos Bay, OR, December 20, 2010 14:21
    I have a 2006 Malibu and continue to have problems with the brakes, had to have rotors turned last time....find myself shifting down to 2nd gear to slow down so there's no shimming of the brakes. Have paid over $600 to replace power steering pump and hear that this is a major problem, along with the brakes, with Malibu's. I now have to take it in because the mechanism in the trunk that helps operate the atuomatic trunk opener has broke. I do love the way the car drives, can pass whenever needed, corners well, etc
    Visitor, Shreveport, LA, October 04, 2010 08:35
    I hate this car.
    Visitor, Pearland, TX, September 29, 2010 08:02
    transmition solonoids replacement
    Visitor, Sykesville, MD, September 21, 2010 08:30
    Bought this car used 1 year ago. Since then, I have silenced most of the interior noise by tightening snaps/screws/filling gaps with tissue. Brakes were good when I bought the car, are completely shot, after only 10,000 additional miles of easy driving. Steering is electronically assisted, but randomly cuts out at slow speeds, such as turning after stop signs or backing out of driveways. Good highway car, but numerous quality issues on the interior, and several mechanical issues that should have been worked out before it went to production, like the power steering issue, which can be potentially life-threatening if you don't constantly anticipate it. Rides well, roomy for a family of 4, or 4 adults. Handles like a car twice its size, however.
    Visitor, Hatboro, PA, September 13, 2010 13:15
    Front suspension went at about 65,000 miles. Both rear window regulators failed soon after that. Always been an issue with the A/C switch---it often turns off, so the cool air suddenly goes warm. Not a horrible car, but definitely has enough issues to make me not want to buy another Chevy.
    thewizardman, San Diego, CA, September 04, 2010 18:56
    I've made a few trips between San Diego and Phoenix and consistently get 32 mpg. For only being a 4 cylinder I pass people going up hills doing 65-70 with no problem. It has plenty of room and is very comfortable. We love it. No complaints except air conditioning doesn't seem cold enough.
    Visitor, Hanover, PA, August 26, 2010 11:23
    If you are thinking about buying a used Malibu, don't. Slow speed turning is clunky. Brakes do not hold up well. Check engine light required an exception for state inspection. No one could fix it. On the positive, it is a good size car for a family of four including having adequate trunk space.
    Visitor, Antioch, CA, August 13, 2010 15:23
    2001 Chevrolet Malibu CURRENT MILEAGE: 66,000 I have owned this vehicle new and have always found problems with it. When it had about 25,000 miles the Warning lights kept showing up many times (the lights were on unpredictable times!) I had spent $2500 just trying to fix those lights. Then last year the Smog Failure caused me to spend another $1500; and, now another $3003 is estimated to fix the suspension struts, alignment, brake pads and new tires. My friend tells me to THROW THIS CAR IN THE GARBAGE!!!!! Government people: please give another "CASH FOR CLUNKERS PROGRAM" SOOOON!!!!!
    Balaji M, Cedar Rapids, IA, July 26, 2010 08:23
    Body, Interior : Worst, no fancy, and seats gets punched inside wihtin few months, no sturdy seats. Interior is very bad/common, nothing special though Dasjboard is good. Drive Train is ok Brakes are also ok Electrical and ligths: tye worst developer/design engineered, Auto Light Mode is fine but no off switch ? this pains when we wait for 10mins to disable anti theft system, lights goes on and on and ahve to hld the breath for battery not coming down after anti theft non-sense is disabled. Enigne: ok, but not great. A/C, just sucks Suspension and steering is ok One bad thing is dont turns on everytim. Anit theft system gettignactiavte for no reason for the owner itself. how many time s need to change the keys ? and GM not worried about fixing them. and Dealers cost $350 for fixing, whats the real prupose of ANit Theft system? to lay te owners in the middel of road and parking lots ?
    Visitor, Jacksonville, AR, July 17, 2010 11:48
    I bought my car new and have never had any problems with it. The AC switches from internal air to outside air on its own, but I think it's supposed to do that, according to temp inside and out. The struts wore out after 4 yrs , but have not had any major problems and would recommend it for an everyday car for small family or single person.
    Visitor, Sanford, NC, July 12, 2010 17:05
    Blown motor 64,000 metal fatigue on crank shaft $865 for the labor of the motor rebuild the dealer picked-up $3,300 in parts. Two months later electric power steering motor went out $695. Rental car both occations $375 out of pocket. The power steering issue was covered on other GM models but, not this one. Stated not enough reported broken same for the motor issue.
    queenesther, Lakewood, WA, July 09, 2010 09:39
    My malibu is a pretty good car for the price.
    Chevybro27, Bridgeport, CT, June 28, 2010 21:11
    I bought this car at 47000 miles (now 70,000) and it still takes me where ever I need to go to this day. The power and electrical steering components on this car is amazing and it also saves on gas. The radio can perform many tasks such as showing the percentage of oil in the engine, measuring miles on trips and other cool stuff. Side mirrors on this car is too small but blends in perfectly with the car.
    Visitor, Brookland, AR, June 02, 2010 07:11
    i have only had my car a few days ,but i bought it used 6000 miles and need to know bout the dashlights not coming on and door locks on driver door not working put new part on and its still not working
    mali66bu, Clinton, MD, May 31, 2010 15:30
    I've had the problem with my car not starting and I did have to wait 10 minutes before it started. Occassionally, my trunk lock sticks when it is really hot outside and I have to spray silicone spray on it to get the lock unstuck.
    Visitor, Ogden, UT, May 24, 2010 00:01
    By far the best car for the money. I have the LTZ and it is loaded. Satellite radio, Bluetooth, power everything, heated leather seats, paddle shifters and the list could go on and on and on......
    Visitor, Wilmington, NC, May 21, 2010 11:24
    Good car with irritating problems like the passenger carpeting pulling up and the A/C turning itself off for no reason. The big one is the starting issue. Randomly does not start even though it turns over fine. The trick is to leave the key in the 'on' position for 10 full minutes, turn it off then it will start. It fools the theft-detection system.
    kyladybug, Burlington, KY, May 19, 2010 10:24
    Overall I like the car. Haven't had too many problems with it. I have owned it since 2006. Wondering if anyone else is having issues with their A/C button turning itself off. I have to constantly push it back in to make the a/c work. Also my carpeting in the front passenger side has come up along the side. Almost as if there wasn't enough carpet for it to lay flat. Runs pretty well and overall for a cheaper car it runs really well.
    Visitor, Lowell, MA, May 13, 2010 06:14
    This car isn't awful but, very far from good. My steering completely failed as I was parking luckily. Found out that it was going to be about 1,000 to have it fixed! The car had 56,000 miles on it! The plastic back of the passenger seat has been broken since 20,000. Now at 75,000 my gas gauge no longer works and apparently theirs something wrong with one of my wheels and it could fall off. I wish i had traded it during the cash for clunckers deal.
    Visitor, Miami, FL, April 26, 2010 05:42
    this car suck big time
    Visitor, Salem, WI, April 14, 2010 21:16
    The most costly car I have ever owned. Brake, coolant and engine problems. Will never buy a GM again.
    Visitor, Bellevue, WA, April 14, 2010 12:38
    Great car gets you where you need to go and back. I love the car
  • 2007 Chevrolet Malibu
    Visitor, Kingsport, TN, April 12, 2010 19:05
    This is a piece of junk. I started having trouble with this car at 2000 miles. The brake rotors warp if you look at them wrong. The engine in noisy and gutless. The AC system starting acting up and 31000 miles. I have had more warranty work done on this car than all my other cars put together. Avoid this car.
    Visitor, Savannah, GA, March 26, 2010 05:25
    I purchased my 2000 Chevy Malibu with 75000 miles on it, didn't have to make any major repairs until last year. Overall this is a reliable car and inexpensive to fix. I love my car and am seriously thinking about upgrading to a newer model.
    marcus305, Fayetteville, NC, March 22, 2010 21:16
    Excellent car..it was my first car and it is extremely reliable..ive had some serious problem with mine due to my driving (motor mounts, head gaskets) but its always cheap to fix....
    Shelly10589, Gastonia, NC, March 14, 2010 23:51
    I love this car!! It's actually our second Mailbu - the first being in a car accident which made me love it all the more. My boyfriend was driving and was hit in the rear side and spun into a telephone pole at 40 miles per hour and he had very minor injuries. Now we have another and I love it, too!! Only issues we've had so far are the interior lights not working - probably a fuse that we haven't replace yet - and a squeal that just started under the hood that most likely is a belt that needs to be replaced. The check engine light came on a few weeks ago and Advanced Auto told me that we'd have to replace something for emissions but other than that, it's a great car. Fast, excellent gas mileage, wonderful steering. Kept me alive when I had to drive on the ice... Love it!! =)
    fll09, Fort Lee, NJ, December 31, 2009 19:53
    Love this car, bought it brand new and (knock on wood) have only had minor repairs. Not too great in the snow, it tends to skid and have trouble on turns. But the rest of the time it's a joy to drive, handles well, really good power, especially on the highway. Don't know if I should be using a higher grade gas in the summer but it sometimes drags with the AC on. The interior is in great shape and has a ton of storage space and room for gadgets.
    Malibu16, Foley, MN, November 20, 2009 19:24
    I own a 2005 Chevy Malibu LS, I absoltuly love it! I have had nothing go wrong, everything works. Great MPG, it usually get 35-40 MPG. Love the electric steering. Favorite part of the car is the exterior, very stylish, and the interior very comfortable. I would highly recomend this car!
    pbfl, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, November 14, 2009 19:08
    I owen this car since it had 4 miles on it, and it the best all over car I have owen. Love to drive in the city or open roads. I do not think I have one thing more could be added to the car.
    dominator, Albany, OH, October 13, 2009 17:20
    I bought this car new in 02. It only has 60,000 km on it. I've had ongoing problems with brakes, rotors. The power steering pump went in it in Jan 09, then the rack went in it in Feb 09. I replaced the water pump today. now there's a squeaking noise coming from the front end.
    kixfix01, Newnan, GA, September 02, 2009 05:51
    I am very disappointed with this car. I have replaced the intake manifold gasket twice and the intake manifold once( made very cheap out of japanese beercans)which totaled $ 1500.00 dollars.Brakes are horrible can't keep pads on it( Install the rotors with the holes drilled in them will solve the front brake pad issue)There is no GM service after the sale. It is a car that coul;d have been a good car but GM put to many cheap and poorly designed parts on it and took to many shortcuts. They should have to buy everyone of these things back or give a great trade in credit to trust GM with another car buying experiance
    oldmill, Linesville, PA, August 22, 2009 07:10
    Front Wheel berrings replaced @ 95000 miles heater control giving me problems now, no heat. not very comfortable feels like a cheap car . would not recomend
    clunker, Sturgeon, PA, August 09, 2009 09:08
    I have had this car for 6 years, bought it new with 88,000 miles on it. I can't say that all I ever changed was the oil, but for the most part, I guess the car has been reliable. Last year's dusting of snow made for a bad winter. I felt the car swerving alot on just a dusting of snow. I have replaced the brakes almost every 2 years, rotors just this past year. The rear struts and coil springs needed replaced about 6 months ago and I am getting the front struts replaced this month. Hopefully this will fix all the rattling in the front end. A/C went out completely and I had to change the A/C compressor this spring. The interior of the car is perfect (except for the driver's side carpeting is worn out and the radio lights have not worked over a year). I can't say that for the exterior. A lot of rust has formed around the gas cap area and the bottom of each door. There is also rust coming through on the wheel wells. My next purchase will be a Hyundai, only because I need a car that is safe driving in the snow.
    Franco, Stockton, CA, July 30, 2009 20:07
    This car is great for travel it does good on gas and is very comfortable on the inside the engine runs great and gets up when it needs to the tranny could be better but it's good for long distance driving at about 26MPG
    D.C., Rochester, NY, April 20, 2009 09:51
    This car is a little gem. Handicapped hand controls. Power seat (lumbar only) makes easy height adjustment for my manual or power chair. It gets great mpg averaging over 30mpg on highway and 24 city. Steering shaft was replaced at 46 k. and tires at 34 k. Plan to buy an 2008.
    trumby, Piscataway, NJ, February 13, 2009 12:59
    I have to change the brakes and rotors every year. I spent $1100 for intake manifold gasket, $500 for fuel pump, $60 water pump. CD player stopped working after 3 yrs and most of lights behind buttons on dash are out.
    vamist01, Herndon, VA, February 04, 2009 09:11
    I have owned this car for over 4 years and have little to no problems with it. I have had to replace the tires once and the brakes once in over 65,000 miles. It gets great mpg averaging over 30 mpg on highway and 24 city. I love the electric steering, very easy. The interior is very comfortable even in the back seat. I would, and have, recommended this car.
    tommyj, Southgate, MI, January 05, 2009 15:49
    I've almost had my '04 Malibu LS for 5 years now and it's never treated me wrong. I've had a couple minor problems with the interior, specifically the power adjustments on the driver's seat and some rattles in the dashboard; the brakes do seem to wear more quickly than I would hope. Other than that, it's been a fine car with a nice ride and plenty of features. The V6 offers good power with great MPGs. I would recommend it highly.
    Locutus, Jewett City, CT, November 08, 2008 17:18
    This car has a plethora of issues. Steering system has failed 3 times, engine has significant trouble starting without any ability to diagnose, transmission struggles to downshift (unacceptable for only 4 gears), brakes need to be replaced every 15,000 miles, suspension gets very loose after 50,000 miles, electric release trunk works when it feels like it, side mirrors don't work after 60,000 miles, driver window auto-down doesn't work after 60,000 miles. Does drive well on the highway and gets excellent fuel economy for having a large V6 engine. Engine is smooth and torquey. I would not recommend this vehicle.
    vwvette, Rochester, NY, September 23, 2008 18:41
    This car is the worst, by far, I have ever owned. Constant steering problems, steering system replaced 4 times. Power steering failures, rear wiper fixed twice. At least 20 times this car has been in the show for warranty repairs in 4 years. The lease is up next month. Thank goodness it's going. I work for GM, but don't think I'll buy another Chevrolet.