Reviews for Scion xA years:

Scion xA Reviews and Owner Comments

Scion xAOwner Reviews (16 reviews)
    Visitor, Cherry Hill, NJ, March 22, 2014 16:47
    unbelievable great car. Just turned 284,000 miles. car goes and goes i am trying to get to 500,000. I am almost positive i will. Best car I have ever owned.
    Visitor, Spring Hill, TN, November 13, 2013 08:19
    Bought my 2006 xA new after telling every area dealer I wanted a white one with manual trans. Been driving it for 7 years now with just over 65000 miles on it. No big repair bills. Just new tires and regular scheduled maintenance. Still runs like new. Love it. You can feel every bump in the road - but hey, it's a little hatchback. Handles well. 32+ MPG. Love the stereo controls on the steering wheel. Cargo floor space is only 16 square feet, so hard to fit even a mountain bike in after taking off both wheels. Drove it cross country through all kinds of weather and elevations without event. I've had many cars and this is by far my favorite.
    Visitor, Hawaiian Gardens, CA, May 02, 2013 20:50
    ive had my 2006 since new. i dont drive it often, but it has 32000 miles on it as of 2013. NO problems. I do all the maintenance myself, switched to synth after the first few changes (that were with regular oil to help it break in). Its needed absolutely NOTHING. With some research at scionlife, i was able to upgrade the stereo to another OEM unit that plays music off a thumbdrive. im defintely a happy camper and toyota devotee for the foreseeable future
    Visitor, Whitesboro, TX, November 28, 2012 19:01
    I bought my brand new 2006 Scion xA, 10/11 in N.M. After driving pick ups it was quite the change. The best one I've ever made. With 80,000 miles plus, I've only replaced the belts, front brakes and of course new tires. It runs like a champ and gets around 36mpg. If at some point I need to buy another car, it will be a Scion. Easy to drive, has plenty of power for a 4-banger and hauled 2 dogs around quite comfortably, with the seats down. Interior is easy to keep and still looks wonderful. Thank you Toyota for making such a reliable car. Kathy D. Whitesboro,Tx.
    Visitor, Arroyo, PR, October 18, 2012 18:01
    I've been driving over 50 years and have had about 8 different cars and I can honestly say my 2006 xa is the most reliable car ever. I've put 200k miles on in 7 years and all I've had to replace have been wheel bearings and air conditioner parts. Motor, automatic trans, and suspension; nothing. Incredible and more so that it rides and drives like new!. The secret, not sure but I'm sure always using good synthetic oil is part but feel certain quality control is the rest. I'm looking to buy another Scion soon and hoping to have the same experience.
    Visitor, Winston Salem, NC, June 24, 2012 17:27
    Have 37000 miles. When I shift into reverse and start backing up, I sometimes hear a grinding noise. Another problem I have is when I'm driving straight I suddenly feel the car taking a quick veer to the right which I quickly straighten out. Any ideas on this? I'm afraid I have a huge repair bill coming.
    rossbuntyn, Valley Spring, TX, November 09, 2011 10:03
    I have owned my Scion xA for 6 years now and have 135,000 miles on it. One front damage from a fightdog that ran into the car while heading to work. It now needs a new time chain now and it clatter when you excellerate the engine Toyota will charge $1500.00 to do the repairs and give a one year 12,000 mile warranty when done.I will never trust USAA or there recommended repair shops for over looking this kind of damage to include a alternater that went bad a week after it was suppose to be completely repaired in Savannah, GA.
    Visitor, Alpharetta, GA, July 16, 2011 11:10
    Has been a great car! It currently has over 95,000 miles... No real issues with it.
    Visitor, Middletown, NY, September 07, 2010 13:36
    I bought the car new and have had it for over 6 years. It has 117,000 miles on it, and I've never had a problem. I use snow tires in the winter and commute 50 miles a day easily. In fact, the car's short wheelbase makes for a pretty stable ride in the snow. Love it!!
    Visitor, Burr Hill, VA, September 03, 2010 06:13
    I bought this new in march of 2004. It has 171000 miles now and still runs great. No mechanical problems whatsoever. I have hit a couple of deer and had to get some body work. This is my first import car and it has and still is serving me well.
    Visitor, Wilmington, NC, June 02, 2010 06:23
    We have had this car since new and now have over 100,000 miles and the only problem is the water pump on the engine. we got 60k on the first one, 40k on the second one. Mobil 1 oil always! Runs like new and everything stills works fine.
    Visitor, Los Angeles, CA, April 13, 2010 15:08
    A/C requires time to get cool 1 out of 20 times (average). brakes pedal seems to jump all the way down to floor board occasionally; Hollywood Toyota (location of purchase) can't seem to identify problem. interior arm rest attached to doors pull arm hair often and most surfaces scratch very easily.
    amonjals, Alexandria, VA, February 14, 2010 12:36
    Was driving yesterday and the car stopped in the middle of the highway and would not start. The ABS light was on at one point the check engine light went on then off again, the check oil light went on then off again. I had to call 911 to get help. The police came and tried to crank it but to no avail. It was then towed to the dealership and they said nothing is wrong with it. They did a diagnostics with their computer and say the car if fine. Then what really happened on the highway? I When snowing I have a hard time with my brakes, they keep slipping. This car maybe cheap but it is dangerous.
    lisaB, Pennsville, NJ, December 05, 2009 15:40
    Had my xA since Jan 2006, just over 64K miles now. Have been happy with it up till now. Check engine light came on...carbon canister needs replacement--$500. After reading what I found online about this, it's apparently a VERY common problem that recurs and needs fixing over & over again. I live in NJ where emissions testing is required for inspection & will not pass unless I shell out the $500. For the sake of Toyota's service dept personnel, I really hope I never have to fix this again, or they WILL get an earful. As common a problem as this is, Toyota should recall since this is OBVIOUSLY a manufacturing defect.
    lewisaw, Dayton, TX, November 09, 2009 04:48
    I bought this car brand new and I have never had any problems with it.
    buch95, Red Lion, PA, July 06, 2009 20:17
    I've had this car since it had 1300 miles on it and I now have almost 50000. I've not had one problem as of yet! Great on gas (I travel 60 miles a day to work). There is also a lot of room in this vehicle. I'm not a small person and I also haul around 2 100+ rotties in it :)