» Nissan

Reviews for 32 Nissan models:

Nissan Reviews and Owner Comments

Nissan Owner Reviews (32 reviews)
    Nissan Nissan Maxima Owner Reviews (see 114 reviews)
  • 1990 Nissan Maxima
    Visitor, White Plains, NY, January 18, 2015 00:43
    I have been very pleased with my Maxima. Bought this car over 21 years ago as a pre owned certified never had one mechanical problem with nothing. I've replaced couple things but minor only the car has original tranny/engine at now 250,000 never once I did have it in the shop for nothing. I am looking for a 2016 Maxima as new replacement hope it be like my 1990 Maxima as well loving this car.
  • Nissan Nissan Altima Owner Reviews (see 89 reviews)
  • 2012 Nissan Altima
    rottenratdog, Houston, TX, January 05, 2015 17:53
    my 2012 2.5s has been a great car.36,000 mi. and not one mechanical problem.plenty of pickup,rides great but,as mentioned, doesn't like cross winds. my only complaint is the paint on black hood is chipping alot even with several coats of mothers wax.can'rate the paint highly. otherwise,love the car.
  • Nissan Nissan Pathfinder Owner Reviews (see 61 reviews)
  • 2005 Nissan Pathfinder
    Visitor, Smyrna, TN, November 26, 2014 23:02
    fuel level sensor went out day i paid off drivers side rear window wont go up from drive position mirrors quit working for several months had to replace trans and radiator now engine is overheating replaced thermostat and belt and fan clutch still overheats afraid to run over 45 - 50 mph replaced serpintine belt still over heats now cover on left side front luggage rack lost 2 times had to replace worked 22 years for nissan plant and had aprox 20 new nissans all good till bought a 2005 pathfinder
  • Nissan Nissan Sentra Owner Reviews (see 60 reviews)
  • 2006 Nissan Sentra
    Visitor, Dayton, OH, December 24, 2014 14:48
    Love my 2006 Sentra 1.8s got used at 68K miles. A flawless little car changed head gaskets and struts - Oil changes $85.00 and tire rotation $38.00 - I am getting spark plugs change as well have 140K miles this car is driven solid I have never had trouble out of it. Believe take care of a car will last forever changing fluids and oil changes. Overall pleased in vehicle gets excellent gas mileage no complaints it's a decent little car.
  • Nissan Nissan Versa Owner Reviews (see 43 reviews)
  • 2007 Nissan Versa
    Visitor, Miami, FL, January 12, 2015 10:02
    I've read alot of bad things about the Nissan Versa and I can only review based on my own experience and I have to tell you that I have my 2007 Hatchback since 2009 and I now have 85200 miles on it. Just now have I had a real breakdown. The throttle body needs replacing. Though its a $1000 job, it is not bad for being the first time. I have all the scheduled maint. done. Except for normal wear this car has been the most reliable I have ever had. The only thing I don't like is the fact that it does not have a keyhole for the trunk. So when that breaks if you don't fix it, you have to crawl through your back seat and open it from the inside. I even tow a small boat with it and no problems. It has been a great little car.
  • Nissan Nissan Xterra Owner Reviews (see 33 reviews)
  • 2004 Nissan Xterra
    Visitor, Saint Paul, MN, January 27, 2015 06:39
    I bought my 2004 Xterra from the first owner. It's been reliable. Problems I have experienced are common for the vehicle. I live inner city. From time to time in the winter I get a check engine light.Scanning showed a loose gas cap.Locking gas cap does not keep people from siphoning gas.If electrical comes on but car refuses to start then move shift lever with the brake depressed and reposition into park. The lock out switches on this version are touchy.I have less than 100kmiles and already have had to replace the alternator, and rear springs. That dual catalytic converter replacement is going to be spendy and mine is on the way out.If they go through calipers frequently make sure to buy a pre-loaded caliper and a must do is to change out the rotors at the same time.Bad rotors will wear out brake pads and calipers very fast.My most recent problem is the dash lights went out as well as the tail lights. Nissan wants a grand to rip my dash apart to change the harness.I am retired and don't have it.I guess I will only be driving in the daylight hours from now on. The fuses are all okay. I read that if one of the tail lights or running lights is out it'll do the same thing and no one has to rip the vehicle apart to change the part.I will try to check the light bulbs myself and then recheck the tail light fuse. The dash lights are connected to the tail light and those fuses are located in the box next to the battery. My other option is to go to the vo-tech when they are doing wiring and have them do it for parts money.
  • Nissan Nissan Pickup (D21) Owner Reviews (see 29 reviews)
  • 1990 Nissan Pickup (D21)
    Visitor, Medford, OR, April 23, 2014 17:27
    my late husband and I bought our Nissan Pickup brand new, and we bought it because the wind-up size car was the fad in 1990 and the Nissan pickup was the only vehicle available to fit my husband's 6'4" frame. it turned out to be the best purchase we ever made. he died unexpectedly the next year in a motorcycle accident, and a man destroyed our lease by dumping my husband's mangled motorbike in the back and denting the body of the truck, so I bought the truck with my husband's insurance. being chronically ill, I don't drive much, so it has just over 75,000 miles on it, and that much only because I eventually moved 8000 miles from home. through the years it has been an absolute trooper. only now is it showing signs of serious wear and tear. the dashboard has cracked, water gets into the right headlight. there's a dent where a jerk in a jeep threw the jeep door open over the upper front fender of my truck and jumped into the jeep, then fled instead of dealing with it responsibly. all but one of the seat belts broke years ago, but we manage without the repair. the paint job is starting to go. those are the little, unimportant issues. right now the check engine light is on and it shudders. after 19 years, who can blame it? I've been through some horrible setbacks in those years, but I could always depend on my truck to be solid and take me where I need to go. if anyone were to let go of their 1990 Nissan truck and I had the money to buy it, I'd be very interested. that's pretty unlikely, though. for one, no-one really wants to let go of them, and for another, I don't have the money to repair my own, the cost of bad genes and bad health is too high. I love that truck, and feel bad for it that it's finally feeling poorly.
  • Nissan Nissan Frontier Owner Reviews (see 29 reviews)
  • 2007 Nissan Frontier
    Visitor, Santa Barbara, CA, January 15, 2015 15:42
    The fuel gauge sensor stopped working, causing the check engine light to come on. I am unable to get the vehicle smogged unless this is fixed, which will cost me almost $1000. This is a known problem with this model and many others, but Nissan will not help in any way. In fact, they "require" that I go to a Nissan DEALER and pay for a diagnosis (which I've already paid for at another shop), so that a regional supervisor can "call" me. They are extremely evasive on the phone and refuse any other info, though they did say they know this is a problem. They won't tell me whether I will get any help with this if I pay for another diagnosis, which I assume is their way of keeping me busy while bringing in some more money.
  • Nissan Nissan Quest Owner Reviews (see 27 reviews)
  • 2014 Nissan Quest
    Visitor, Saint Louis, MO, December 24, 2014 16:05
    We love our minivan looks luxurious I think it shares same platform with Altima. Controls are unique very comfortable equipped with Bi- xenon headlights, bluetooth, panoramic moon roof, navi, backup camera, intelligent key, fog lights and heated leather seats. V6 and CVT are both impressive gets 24mpg around city easy handling while has a smooth agile ride a gorgeous looking family minivan with all bells and whistles very equipped being one of the most superb vans ever had.
  • Nissan Nissan Murano Owner Reviews (see 24 reviews)
  • 2006 Nissan Murano
    Visitor, Easton, PA, January 19, 2015 08:45
    Had this 2006 only a short period of time and it already required 2,000$ worth of work. Power steering went out, bushings were gone, needs brakes, AWD light stays on, have a feeling this is a lemon, only 50,000 miles on it. Wouldn't buy again.
  • Nissan Nissan Titan Owner Reviews (see 16 reviews)
  • 2004 Nissan Titan
    Visitor, Sacramento, CA, December 30, 2014 21:05
    I HAVE 2004 NISSAN TITAN LE I BOUGHT IT BACK IN 2008 WITH 40k ON IT , I NOW HAS 65K ITS HAS BEEN REALLY GOOD TRUCK TO ME NO PROBS, ONLY BRAKES COULD BE LITTLE BIGGER AND COULD BE BETTER ON MPG AVG 13-14
  • Nissan Nissan 240SX Owner Reviews (see 13 reviews)
  • 1997 Nissan 240SX
    Visitor, Laurel, MS, December 24, 2014 16:41
    Love it, runs like new. Best vehicle ever owned. I did get clutch replaced and radiator so far car is very flawless.
  • Nissan Nissan 200SX Owner Reviews (see 12 reviews)
  • 1996 Nissan 200SX
    Visitor, Roy, UT, August 03, 2014 10:05
    I have had this fun little car for a long time now. I am the second owner and bought it with 38000 miles on it. It is now at 247,000 and still a great little car. I have had to replace the alternator once, and the fuel pump once, and the starter motor once. Also had to replace the interior fan speed resistor circuit board once. The most major repair was by far the alternator, it was a big pain to do. I am still getting a very consistent 38 MPG with my driving, probably 85% + is freeway. It too is my FAVORITE car. It is sad to see how many miles are on it now. I plan to give it a nice birthday party when I finally need to replace the engine sometime in the future. I will also give it a nice new paint job then... and drive it like a new car again! :-) I have thought about replacing the timing chain, but with a quarter million miles... I do not really see the value. When it finally fails, I will replace it with a cheap JDM motor with close to the same miles as I had when I first bought the car!
  • Nissan Nissan Armada Owner Reviews (see 10 reviews)
  • 2012 Nissan Armada
    Visitor, Provo, UT, June 23, 2014 23:09
    Our Armada has been a great vehicle until today when my wife was driving it to work and started hearing a clicking noise and then all of a sudden the back tires locked up and skidded, bringing her to a stop. She pulled off the freeway and the vehicle was not wanting to drive. She pulled into a gas station and waited for me to get there and discover that the emergency brake cable had somehow been pulled out and wrapped all the way around cv axle on left side and then pulled cv axle out. I have two other friends this has happened to their Armadas also. The dealer said they have never seen it before but I have talked to a few people who work for Nissan dealers and they say it is happening more and more, I believe it should be a recall for the design but they are acting as if it is a very rare situation. The dealership is now telling me it is not covered under warranty, even though I have 60,000 mile power train warranty it is not power train related they say. This is where my 100,000 mile bumper to bumper extended warranty should kick in but they have to send an adjuster that cannot come out until Friday, today is Monday, so I am without a vehicle until they can make a decision if it should be covered. I guess with Tim Dahle Nissan out of Sandy, Utah they do not have to provide a loaner car until they decide if your vehicle is their responsibility to fix even though it is a Nissan warranty and they sold me the extended warranty directly through the dealership, good thing I spent the extra $6500.00 for nothing.
  • Nissan Nissan 350Z Owner Reviews (see 8 reviews)
  • 2004 Nissan 350Z
    Visitor, Kirkland, WA, November 22, 2013 17:23
    I will NEVER buy another Nissan anything again. I bought this 350z convertible with 16k miles on it in 2005. With under 20k miles on it (thankful for warranty), I went through a recall on the tires and brakes, problems with the roof not going up/down, driver's side window motor going out. I kept the car as I don't want a large car payment and thought once those items were fixed, no more issues. Flash forward to just 60k miles, Bose amp goes out. Find out that you cannot put another amp to a Bose deck (I now hate Bose). Lucky to get amp fixed for $250 but took months to get part. At 80k, the deck will only play the radio and only one station. Has Japanese looking characters across screen. Options are to replace the whole system, or go without. Using IPOD via cassette to play music. At 90k miles, more problems. Nobody could figure out what was draining new battery. Car kept going dead after 48 hours. Figured out that SWITCH on passenger seat was jamming and causing motor seat to run all night when parked. Now I have to have that fixed as well. DO NOT BUY A Z, THEY ARE GARBAGE but nice to look at. Manufacturer does not stand behind their product and customer service people are rude as all get out.
  • Nissan Nissan Rogue Owner Reviews (see 6 reviews)
  • 2010 Nissan Rogue
    Visitor, Montclair, NJ, December 06, 2014 16:37
    Twice when car was traveling about 6 hours, the accelerator just cut out. Once on NJ Turnpike, by Shore after traveling all day in heat. Second time. 2 months later after 60,000 mile check up and green light, it cut out on Rt. 80 during rainstorm going up steep incline. I happened driving to Ohio and again next day returning to NJ. We kept rpm low and stopped when safe, waited a few minutes and then it started up and continued on it's way. Otherwise, car has been super and has provided enjoyable ride for some long car rides to and from both northern and southern states, through the most taxing conditions.
  • Nissan Nissan 300ZX Owner Reviews (see 6 reviews)
  • 1992 Nissan 300ZX
    Visitor, Vancouver, WA, March 06, 2012 10:15
    I have a 1992 300zx TT , awsome car , great power , only thing to remember is , when running your turbo HARD , I mean Fast , before turning it off for the day, or anytime , let the car idle for at least 3-5 mins , so that the turbos can cool down and regen itself before shutting down.....great cars, I've waxed STi's , all kinds of sportscar, this is one Z that's hard to spank !!!!!! Chamorro Action, Adios
  • Nissan Nissan JUKE Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 2013 Nissan JUKE
    Visitor, Kansas City, MO, January 21, 2015 20:53
    I love my "Juke". I have not had one ounce of trouble with it. BUT……saying that it has a smell. I may drive it a hour and shut it off to go into the store and it has an AWFUL smell when returning. I have had it checked out and sprayed BUT it doesn't help. This does not do it all the time just when you least expect it.
  • Nissan Nissan Altima Hybrid Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid
    Visitor, Trenton, NJ, December 09, 2013 21:25
    Just received an estimate for engine repair on my 2007 hybrid with 76,000 miles on it. Apparently I need a rebuild due to carbon build up in the engine. $3500.00 plus tax, of course. I wish I knew about this potential complication before I bought the car. So much for gas savings. How about Nissan stepping up and helping out it's hybrid owners, since I am told this is a problem specific to the hybrid model? Hope they are working on a fix.
  • Nissan Nissan Cube Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 2009 Nissan Cube
    Visitor, Zanesville, OH, January 16, 2013 02:29
    Starting my fourth year with the Cube. Excellent vehicle for stop/go errand-type driving. Getting better mileage than estimated. I like the gear ratio, and it's really responsive getting up to speed until about 45 mph, by which time you are shifting into fifth and then it's adequate but uninspired. Very roomy interior. Parks easily, turns on a dime, fun to drive. No service calls yet! The down sides: Low profile tires are really poor on snow or slippery road conditions, more noticeable since I traded my jeep in for it. Cheaper, thin cloth upholstery than any other car I've ever had, although the seats are quite comfortable. The sun visors aren't as effective as I'd like, due to the angle of the windshield. The hatch has no lighting when the door is opened (it's dark back there) and there are no 'night' lights low in the cabin. Everything below waist level is an endless black pit at night. I get 'road roar' on certain sections of interstate, even though I can go the equivalent speed on state and township roads quietly. This would be irritating if I had to commute. But, it's been very dependable, no bugs to iron out,and the body is holding up nicely.
  • Nissan Nissan 370Z Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 2010 Nissan 370Z
    ceverman3619, Cuyahoga Falls, OH, July 11, 2011 20:26
    Like the car, my first Nissan Roadster after driving BMWs for years. Car is fun to drive and seems solid. Very disappointing that at 450 miles "service engine soon" came on. Dealer says most of these have bad gas caps. Question, why doesn't Nissan replace them on the cars that haven't sold so the customer doesn't have to bring it back immediately after purchase? Starting to wonder what else am I going to find out is wrong after the purchase.
  • Nissan Nissan Pulsar NX Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 1990 Nissan Pulsar NX
    Visitor, Garrison, KY, November 21, 2013 21:23
    hi i have a 1990 nissan pulsar which has no spark to the spark plugs have fitted another coil, distributor, replaced all fusible links, have put another ecu unit in, replaced plugs & plug leads, have checked timing belt & timed car properly , have checked all fuses, have sprayed all electrical wiring & joiners, hoping you might be able to help with this problem, as i do not know what else to try. cheers barry wilson.
  • Nissan Nissan Stanza Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 1992 Nissan Stanza
    Visitor, San Benito, TX, April 20, 2010 16:36
    Love this car, its a perfect mid-sized family car.
  • Nissan Nissan Axxess Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 1990 Nissan Axxess