» Nissan

Reviews for 32 Nissan models:

Nissan Reviews and Owner Comments

Nissan Owner Reviews (32 reviews)
    Nissan Nissan Maxima Owner Reviews (see 107 reviews)
  • 1999 Nissan Maxima
    Visitor, Phoenix, AZ, September 19, 2014 01:58
    I have a 99 the I just got 2 months age- and without complaining to much IT is nothing like my 94 was- did i mention i havent drove it in the last 7 weeks? Has an electrical issue that I haven't been able to trace- sitting at a red light It lost all power- and after replacing the battery- alternator and the ignition switch- still have a sun roof stuck open, no power windows, locks, dash lights, ac, alarm, or door chime! I think its the littlest MAXIMA they ever made- have had all coils replaced and it has horrible gas mileage- but whatever
  • Nissan Nissan Altima Owner Reviews (see 81 reviews)
  • 2012 Nissan Altima
    ESCAPEDFORD, Brandon, MS, July 04, 2014 23:25
    Probably several thousand dollars overpriced but aren't all cards. I would say it's one of the best cars ever owned and ride is excellent on a good set of tires. Regular gas is what it drinks, so that's a money saver. Seats seem a bit too stiff and V4 engine power at low speeds seems almost dead. Great on gas and once on 70 mph its a grand cruiser. You want be racing any one in this car, if you want Haul Arse speed opt for the V6. I had the 2 door coupe V6 Altima before and the HA factor is amazing. V6 will need premium gas not to ping. On both cars, ground effects can be caught on the parking blocks.
  • Nissan Nissan Pathfinder Owner Reviews (see 60 reviews)
  • 2006 Nissan Pathfinder
    Visitor, Garnet Valley, PA, January 14, 2014 11:08
    I Need Help. have a 2006 2,5D and have the engine light comming on every time i put my foot down and go over 4000rpms then the car go in to Save mode and i have to stop and restart to clear.
  • Nissan Nissan Sentra Owner Reviews (see 56 reviews)
  • 2012 Nissan Sentra
    Visitor, Woodland Hills, CA, September 25, 2014 12:55
    Last of the old body. I paid 18,300 out the door for this SR. Pleasantly surprised how nice it drives, great gas mileage and still on original brakes. Love the way it shifts, smooth and I never feel any jerking motion. Best car for the money. Ugly rear end but I got used to it.
  • Nissan Nissan Versa Owner Reviews (see 40 reviews)
  • 2014 Nissan Versa
    jcantu1720, Mcallen, TX, August 27, 2014 12:21
    Like my 2014 nissan versa-just right for 2 people. BUT the transmission makes a loud, short screeching thunk when started after being parked for 2 days or more. Happens every time. Anybody have same problem?
  • Nissan Nissan Xterra Owner Reviews (see 32 reviews)
  • 2002 Nissan Xterra
    Visitor, Blackwood, NJ, September 06, 2014 04:16
    I just went through the same problem with my xterra. I had to put a series of new parts in such as thermostat/ manifold gasgets/ alternator / battery /plugs / and belts. It ran great for a week then started doing it again the real problem was the alternator I got was a bad rebuild. And wasn't charging my battery. Now that I fixed that all is good. Now Im dealing with this damn entire exaust system. This truck sucks
  • Nissan Nissan Pickup (D21) Owner Reviews (see 29 reviews)
  • 1990 Nissan Pickup (D21)
    Visitor, Medford, OR, April 23, 2014 14:27
    my late husband and I bought our Nissan Pickup brand new, and we bought it because the wind-up size car was the fad in 1990 and the Nissan pickup was the only vehicle available to fit my husband's 6'4" frame. it turned out to be the best purchase we ever made. he died unexpectedly the next year in a motorcycle accident, and a man destroyed our lease by dumping my husband's mangled motorbike in the back and denting the body of the truck, so I bought the truck with my husband's insurance. being chronically ill, I don't drive much, so it has just over 75,000 miles on it, and that much only because I eventually moved 8000 miles from home. through the years it has been an absolute trooper. only now is it showing signs of serious wear and tear. the dashboard has cracked, water gets into the right headlight. there's a dent where a jerk in a jeep threw the jeep door open over the upper front fender of my truck and jumped into the jeep, then fled instead of dealing with it responsibly. all but one of the seat belts broke years ago, but we manage without the repair. the paint job is starting to go. those are the little, unimportant issues. right now the check engine light is on and it shudders. after 19 years, who can blame it? I've been through some horrible setbacks in those years, but I could always depend on my truck to be solid and take me where I need to go. if anyone were to let go of their 1990 Nissan truck and I had the money to buy it, I'd be very interested. that's pretty unlikely, though. for one, no-one really wants to let go of them, and for another, I don't have the money to repair my own, the cost of bad genes and bad health is too high. I love that truck, and feel bad for it that it's finally feeling poorly.
  • Nissan Nissan Frontier Owner Reviews (see 27 reviews)
  • 2001 Nissan Frontier
    Visitor, Batavia, OH, October 14, 2014 09:17
    This truck looks good, drives good and is cheap to maintain . Only problem with these trucks is they have a weak engine from what you would expect out of a v 6 and it has a poor brake design, as in in stop it like you were driving a semi truck s
  • Nissan Nissan Quest Owner Reviews (see 26 reviews)
  • 2009 Nissan Quest
    Visitor, Bel Air, MD, November 03, 2013 07:08
    I am the second owner of a 3.5 S model, bought at 27K miles. Now have 45K miles. Has performed well, I tow a boat at 250 lbs. tongue weight and 2500 lbs. No problem at all. First mechanical problem, air temp. control not working correctly. Dealer wants to replace HVAC control modual at a cost of $640 just for parts.
  • Nissan Nissan Murano Owner Reviews (see 20 reviews)
  • 2009 Nissan Murano
    Visitor, Oakland, CA, February 07, 2014 18:35
    I bought the car new. I luckily bought the extended warranty and had to use it. The transmission went out but it was covered by 100,000 mile warranty. I love the car and figure that any car you buy has some problems. I did not like the idea that I was NEVER able to get the mpg they advertise. They said it was due to the way I drive. I KNOW that was not true because I was very careful about my driving because I wanted to get good mpg. All this said, it is a very reliable, good looking, sturdy, comfortable car. I bought the LE and all the amenities are great!
  • Nissan Nissan Titan Owner Reviews (see 14 reviews)
  • 2006 Nissan Titan
    Visitor, Neenah, WI, January 29, 2013 20:31
    I have a 06 Titan bought brand new 54,000 miles to date. Here is my review. Love the look(I added a lot of chrome on a black truck) The brakes are holding up well I haul a 28ft camper she pulls and stops beautifully and handles the extra weight easily. That's the good. Now for the not so good. The heater takes awhile to heat up. Have had other trucks and they seem to heat up much quicker,needless to say the defrost takes longer than normal to work. The muffler is placed too far back it extends beyond the heat shield so when it failed(leaked)it melted the main wire harness .I lost all power to trailer including brakes let me tell you that was an exciting trip. also lost the back-up sonar.Having trouble with the power windows no "up" but it is 6yrs old. had to replace battery. Power assist tail gate failed. It came stock with passenger tires that does not work for me on a truck,Sorry Nissan. Will have too see how much the new harness cost, That will determine whether or not I would personally recommend this vehicle. Gary V.
  • Nissan Nissan 200SX Owner Reviews (see 12 reviews)
  • 1996 Nissan 200SX
    Visitor, Roy, UT, August 03, 2014 07:05
    I have had this fun little car for a long time now. I am the second owner and bought it with 38000 miles on it. It is now at 247,000 and still a great little car. I have had to replace the alternator once, and the fuel pump once, and the starter motor once. Also had to replace the interior fan speed resistor circuit board once. The most major repair was by far the alternator, it was a big pain to do. I am still getting a very consistent 38 MPG with my driving, probably 85% + is freeway. It too is my FAVORITE car. It is sad to see how many miles are on it now. I plan to give it a nice birthday party when I finally need to replace the engine sometime in the future. I will also give it a nice new paint job then... and drive it like a new car again! :-) I have thought about replacing the timing chain, but with a quarter million miles... I do not really see the value. When it finally fails, I will replace it with a cheap JDM motor with close to the same miles as I had when I first bought the car!
  • Nissan Nissan 240SX Owner Reviews (see 12 reviews)
  • 1990 Nissan 240SX
    roger1989, Branson, MO, April 03, 2014 11:54
    in fact my Nissan 240 is 1989 SX and i want to know a good shop that can do nice job for the repair and paint with the original color green-grey. can you recommend me any one shop for this?? I live in Mexico so my zip code in mexico is 65750 My email is rvillarreal@cyecc.com.mx
  • Nissan Nissan Armada Owner Reviews (see 10 reviews)
  • 2012 Nissan Armada
    Visitor, Provo, UT, June 23, 2014 20:09
    Our Armada has been a great vehicle until today when my wife was driving it to work and started hearing a clicking noise and then all of a sudden the back tires locked up and skidded, bringing her to a stop. She pulled off the freeway and the vehicle was not wanting to drive. She pulled into a gas station and waited for me to get there and discover that the emergency brake cable had somehow been pulled out and wrapped all the way around cv axle on left side and then pulled cv axle out. I have two other friends this has happened to their Armadas also. The dealer said they have never seen it before but I have talked to a few people who work for Nissan dealers and they say it is happening more and more, I believe it should be a recall for the design but they are acting as if it is a very rare situation. The dealership is now telling me it is not covered under warranty, even though I have 60,000 mile power train warranty it is not power train related they say. This is where my 100,000 mile bumper to bumper extended warranty should kick in but they have to send an adjuster that cannot come out until Friday, today is Monday, so I am without a vehicle until they can make a decision if it should be covered. I guess with Tim Dahle Nissan out of Sandy, Utah they do not have to provide a loaner car until they decide if your vehicle is their responsibility to fix even though it is a Nissan warranty and they sold me the extended warranty directly through the dealership, good thing I spent the extra $6500.00 for nothing.
  • Nissan Nissan 350Z Owner Reviews (see 8 reviews)
  • 2004 Nissan 350Z
    Visitor, Kirkland, WA, November 22, 2013 14:23
    I will NEVER buy another Nissan anything again. I bought this 350z convertible with 16k miles on it in 2005. With under 20k miles on it (thankful for warranty), I went through a recall on the tires and brakes, problems with the roof not going up/down, driver's side window motor going out. I kept the car as I don't want a large car payment and thought once those items were fixed, no more issues. Flash forward to just 60k miles, Bose amp goes out. Find out that you cannot put another amp to a Bose deck (I now hate Bose). Lucky to get amp fixed for $250 but took months to get part. At 80k, the deck will only play the radio and only one station. Has Japanese looking characters across screen. Options are to replace the whole system, or go without. Using IPOD via cassette to play music. At 90k miles, more problems. Nobody could figure out what was draining new battery. Car kept going dead after 48 hours. Figured out that SWITCH on passenger seat was jamming and causing motor seat to run all night when parked. Now I have to have that fixed as well. DO NOT BUY A Z, THEY ARE GARBAGE but nice to look at. Manufacturer does not stand behind their product and customer service people are rude as all get out.
  • Nissan Nissan 300ZX Owner Reviews (see 6 reviews)
  • 1992 Nissan 300ZX
    Visitor, Vancouver, WA, March 06, 2012 07:15
    I have a 1992 300zx TT , awsome car , great power , only thing to remember is , when running your turbo HARD , I mean Fast , before turning it off for the day, or anytime , let the car idle for at least 3-5 mins , so that the turbos can cool down and regen itself before shutting down.....great cars, I've waxed STi's , all kinds of sportscar, this is one Z that's hard to spank !!!!!! Chamorro Action, Adios
  • Nissan Nissan Altima Hybrid Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid
    Visitor, Trenton, NJ, December 09, 2013 18:25
    Just received an estimate for engine repair on my 2007 hybrid with 76,000 miles on it. Apparently I need a rebuild due to carbon build up in the engine. $3500.00 plus tax, of course. I wish I knew about this potential complication before I bought the car. So much for gas savings. How about Nissan stepping up and helping out it's hybrid owners, since I am told this is a problem specific to the hybrid model? Hope they are working on a fix.
  • Nissan Nissan JUKE Owner Reviews (see 4 reviews)
  • 2011 Nissan JUKE
    ESCAPEDFORD, Brandon, MS, July 05, 2014 00:12
    Don't trust me that this car has problems, just look at the recalls. This is a short term vehicle, don't expect longevity. Way over priced, but hey go drive one it's a real kick in the pants fun thing. These over sized key things for all Nissans are a real pain for a man cause if you make any movement with these FOB's in you pocket the alarm goes off. Should called these SOB's. Oh when the battery dies in the FOB guess what pushbutton start is like what the heck to do now. Key hidden in FOB is for door locks only. From day one have had missing, backfiring, and pinging in engine. I have been thru the timing chain failure with a Lincoln so I suspected it was timing chain. Am almost sure dealer & Nissan were aware of problem but hoping it would go away. But now the recall has came to replace timing chain, thank you Nissan. If you have replaced your timing chain, Nissan says you could possible get reimbursed. Also, there are a couple other recalls something related to turbo charger and something about seatbelt. There are a lot of extra no good whimsical displays about the engine and gas usage that serve no purpose, Nissan just make the A/C and heat a dual simple thing and cut out the BS. The car is right snappy to drive but requires premium gas and lots of it. It's kind of like the Titanic and was launched before the float test. I am a big Nissan fan and agree with a review that I read about Nissan really missed their mark with the Juke. However, the proof and the truth comes out and Nissan is hopefully soon going to taking the full bitter pill of responsibility for these failures. Thanks again Nissan for what you have done and are probably going to do. The hood has always felt like it's going to fly off the car, the hood and door hinges are cheap weak crap. Hood popper and gas door opener are dangerously close, another major flaw. I loaned out the car one day and the person thought they opened gas door but popped hood. One mile down road with hood unleashed and unnoticed the hood flew back over windshield and self destructed. Come on now Nissan get this hood latch safety problem on the recall list before someone is hurt. I know Nissan could have classed up the Juke a bit more with a console and not such cheapo looking plastic crap, but that's just good ole car business greed. The sun visors are cheap and don't cover the windshield, come on Nissan install good double sun visors. Another major driving irritant is those raised lights on the hood shine the sun directly back into your eyes. Nissan please fix these things and make the motor to purr on regular gas like the Altima. I am on my way to trade out this frog eyed critter and get myself a Toyota RAV4, no more buying these first on the market untested unreliable newbies.
  • Nissan Nissan Rogue Owner Reviews (see 4 reviews)
  • 2010 Nissan Rogue
    Visitor, Morrow, GA, July 13, 2014 12:03
    when cranking in the morning sounds like lifter tapping are Rob and knocking
  • Nissan Nissan Cube Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 2009 Nissan Cube
    Visitor, Zanesville, OH, January 15, 2013 23:29
    Starting my fourth year with the Cube. Excellent vehicle for stop/go errand-type driving. Getting better mileage than estimated. I like the gear ratio, and it's really responsive getting up to speed until about 45 mph, by which time you are shifting into fifth and then it's adequate but uninspired. Very roomy interior. Parks easily, turns on a dime, fun to drive. No service calls yet! The down sides: Low profile tires are really poor on snow or slippery road conditions, more noticeable since I traded my jeep in for it. Cheaper, thin cloth upholstery than any other car I've ever had, although the seats are quite comfortable. The sun visors aren't as effective as I'd like, due to the angle of the windshield. The hatch has no lighting when the door is opened (it's dark back there) and there are no 'night' lights low in the cabin. Everything below waist level is an endless black pit at night. I get 'road roar' on certain sections of interstate, even though I can go the equivalent speed on state and township roads quietly. This would be irritating if I had to commute. But, it's been very dependable, no bugs to iron out,and the body is holding up nicely.
  • Nissan Nissan 370Z Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 2010 Nissan 370Z
    ceverman3619, Cuyahoga Falls, OH, July 11, 2011 17:26
    Like the car, my first Nissan Roadster after driving BMWs for years. Car is fun to drive and seems solid. Very disappointing that at 450 miles "service engine soon" came on. Dealer says most of these have bad gas caps. Question, why doesn't Nissan replace them on the cars that haven't sold so the customer doesn't have to bring it back immediately after purchase? Starting to wonder what else am I going to find out is wrong after the purchase.
  • Nissan Nissan Pulsar NX Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 1990 Nissan Pulsar NX
    Visitor, Garrison, KY, November 21, 2013 18:23
    hi i have a 1990 nissan pulsar which has no spark to the spark plugs have fitted another coil, distributor, replaced all fusible links, have put another ecu unit in, replaced plugs & plug leads, have checked timing belt & timed car properly , have checked all fuses, have sprayed all electrical wiring & joiners, hoping you might be able to help with this problem, as i do not know what else to try. cheers barry wilson.
  • Nissan Nissan Axxess Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 1990 Nissan Axxess
    Visitor, Maypearl, TX, April 14, 2010 08:27
    put glass packs on all of them and they would be 100% perfect
  • Nissan Nissan Stanza Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 1992 Nissan Stanza
    Visitor, San Benito, TX, April 20, 2010 13:36
    Love this car, its a perfect mid-sized family car.