Nissan Reviews

Nissan Reviews and Owner Comments

2013 Nissan Sentra Car seems to have a lot of problems. The motor bogs out a lot, making a loud noise. My back tires ware quickly. And it just started recently over heating! The ac also doesn't blow cold air unless you are driving when you are stopped or parked it blows out hot air.
Purchased my 2007 Sentra S in 2010. It has been a great little car! That being said, I wish the seat adjusted to where short people can raise it high enough to see over the hood and not be in the steering wheel. The brakes are original (it is at 150K now) and work great, but they squeal when they are wet. I've had them checked by multiple mechanics at different shops and they all say they look great. Gotta love those Nissan engines! They run like nobody's business, but i wish they didn't sound like a wind up toy. :) I've had some issues with it dying when trying to cold start it. Finally it blew up the fuse to the starter that is situated over the battery under the positive terminal. After checking, we found the intake hose had a large hole in it that the original owner had used black electrical tape to seal it back off. These two items I can replace for $150. Last summer I had a terrible squeal in the passenger suspension. It turned out that the boot was almost completely off the shock. I replaced both shocks, the control arms, all three motor mounts (cheap) (which caused a lot of the noise),took it for an alignment and the car drives brand new again. The carpet and upholstery is very durable. I spilled oil in rear floor board and it came up by scrubbing a very small bit of dawn into it and pouring club soda over it. Vacuumed it up and hit it with BleachWhite. It looks the same as the other side now! I love this car!
Purchased the Platinum it's stylish, comfortable, convenience and nice looking car ever. This little sports car is best ever bought on 6/10/15 at 3,541 miles no issues loving my Maxima has it all with affordable savings for a family of five or someone who wants a high performance car.
I purchased my Nissan Altima 2002 new in 2001 and now have 189563 miles. I have the 3.5L engine and once put 87 octane gas in the car. The car does not like any gas except for the 93 octane recommended. Never had any problems with this car until now. It runs great but stalls unexpectantly without warning. I suspect one of the sensors on the vehicle is causing a hick-up in the main control computer that controls the vehicle. Will take it to the local Nissan dealer tomorrow and have them take a look. the quality of the interior and exterior of this car is amazing after all these years. Sure feel I got my monies worth.
I have a LOVE-HATE relationship with this car. I bought it in March of 2013 - it had just come off a lease with 28K miles and it was absolutely pristine! This was my first NON-Ford or GM product, and, after reading stellar reviews about the 7th Gen Maximas, I had high hopes for my first ever Japanese label! Unfortunately, in very short order, I found myself experiencing more quality control issues than in my last 6 vehicles COMBINED! The first thing I noticed was that the heated seats did not work AT ALL. After two trips to the dealer (which involved tearing out the seats and installing new heating elements,) it was discovered that there was a bad wiring harness that was not getting power to the seats. No need to tear out the seats AND scuff up the interior in the process, after all! The car now has 42K miles on it - subsequent repairs included an erratic passenger side window (it stuck wide open, partially open and totally closed, and I never knew when I hit the switch if it would work or not. Dealer replaced the drivers side window switch (that didn't fix the erratic problem) took it back and they replaced both the passenger's side switch, and again the driver's side switch. Who knows what the problem is but the window has been working fine ever since. Other service included acceleration issues for which I discovered there were two Nissan transmission service bulletins that applied only to the 2010 Maximas. I printed them and gave them to the dealer, who subsequently performed the major work (they had the car for 5 days but gave me a loaner.) More issues: The LEDs in the mirror mounted turn signals have shorted out and just plain burned out - the dealer replaced one side while the car was under warranty, I am now ignoring the fact that the one on the driver's side has 2 leds that aren't lighting, as this happened after the 36 month warranty expired - I am told the entire mirror assembly has to be replaced at considerable cost. NICE DESIGN, NISSAN! The day I was taking the car to the dealer for the transmission work, I decided to remove all of the CDs from the 6-disc changer since I knew they would have the car for at least a few days. Bingo - the disc changer suddenly lost its mind, and every time I tried to eject a disc, the changer decided to PLAY them instead! After much frustration and about 20 minutes, I managed to convince the changer that I was the boss, and I ultimately got all of the discs out, only to have the display flash randomly and incessantly. The dealer told me they had replaced the "entire unit" while it was in for the transmission work. Now that the car is out warranty by a few months, three buttons on the "new" radio have quit working entirely, #3, #6 and "AUX" - meaning that I can't listen to the XM radio I am paying for. Vision Nissan does not seem inclined to show any compassion, but I am still working on that issue. I also experienced problems with the front door actuators - any time below 30 degrees, I never knew if the doors would open (Or close) One night after getting into the car just fine, I couldn't get the driver door to close, so I drove 7 miles holding the drivers door closed with one hand and steering with the other! Another time when I was leaving a restaurant, I got into the car just fine when it was about zero degrees, drove 7 miles and then couldn't get either front door to open from the inside. I (at 65 years of age) had to climb into the back seat and exit the right rear door - in the dark, mind you. After I became highly "assertive", Nissan finally agreed to replace both front door actuators. It got warm shortly thereafter, so I have no idea what to expect this coming winter. If the overall design and roadworthiness of this vehicle wasn't so exceptional, I would have parted with it long ago. I can tell you I will never buy another Nissan product as long as I live!
I bought my 09 HB brand new within two months I had to get the rotors resurfaced. It was down hill from there. AC started making a noise, new battery, and of course the fabric on the doors came off. Rubber coming off the window on the rear door. Don't ever, ever, pay for a vehicle!!! Now, the brakes, rotors and tires are bad. Oh, I didn't say, I only have 28,000 miles on it!!!!
We have (2 Altima's) my wife has the coupe and I drive the sedan. Luckily we are Nissan PPL my Altima is a 2008 with 140K miles while wife's has 60K miles a 2011 SR coupe. Been getting Nissans for last 20 years drove Nissan truck to a Sentra now my wife is looking in purchasing another we both are trading off the '08 Altima for a Maxima its looking good as well too though we don't like the styling of new Altima we want an upscale full luxury car as 2016 Maxima. Great gas mileages, reliable, less expensive in maintenance and last a long time we might both get a Maxima at same time will stay with the Nissan family. Believe never take care of your vehicle will have tons of problems also drive a 2007 Pathfinder with 165K miles no problems with tranny and radiator issues have all my Nissans serviced at dealership no problems. I am looking as my next purchase getting the new Maxima its looking gorgeous than ever my wife and I both liking the car very much as the 8th Nissan we are get ready purchasing.
Worst car ever. It is nothing but junk and waste of money.
I have a 2004 nissan maxima that I am selling for parts. It was hit from behind and the rear bumper and trunk were damaged,but the tail light are still good. The engine and transmission are great,interior is in great condition!! All leather ,heated seats and heated steering wheel. The doors,windows,are all great! No cracked or chipped glass a/c works great!if you are interested in buying this car contact me @ or 405-837-1120. I'd like to sell the whole car.
I got the car used in 2004 it had 35,000 miles. The car engine is rock bottom a beast. Did get 02 sensors catalytic converter and alternator. The maintenance is a little expensive but its a fast car love the car overall runs like new it gets good fuel economy. Love handling, nice Bose sound system in-6disc CD changer, leather seats etc. Driving my Maxima at 240,000 already would definitely buy another in a heartbeat its a good car just don't like the expensive repairs got put into this car.
I really like the car but hate loud noise out the transmission. It is a good car at 80,000 miles take lots of trips gets great gas mileage very comfortable needed few repairs until after 60,000 miles believe extended warranty has expired. Overall Sentra was our second car purchased since 1983 after driving a larger car its nice looking all that but some things needs be addressed or recalled as taking into shop for some problems other than its a good car runs amazing.
Despite regular maintenance I had a blown head gasket, replaced two catalytic converters, the AC never really blew cold after 50K miles. The heater is a joke on cold day if you drive slower than 60mph. The engine constantly burnes oil keep at least 2qts in the trunk. I’m at 230K miles and the catalytic converter and O2 sensor is out again plus the engine is over heating after I drive it 30 minutes. With a state vehicle inspection coming up soon it looks like $4000 just to get it to pass. Never really a good car, stylish.
Got the car 12/2009 and had issues with the steering from the beginning. I love the room and it is good on gas but it wasn't well though out. The AC only benefits front seat passengers. The sun visors are too short for window coverage. They should have put in a front passenger seat arm rest. The tire pressure light has been going off from the beginning. I have had my tire rotated too many times and I am over pressurizing them. For the last few month the gas gauge has not been registering the correct amount of gas so I am scared that I will end up stranded somewhere. An recently the airbag light just started to flash out of the blue. I contacted Nissan USA and the will not fix it. I don't understand how an airbag suffers wear and tear. I pray that it does not go off suddenly and smacks me in my face. The blinking light scares me. Should have waited and bought an older model or gone with another brand.
Car drinks oil like a fish drinks water! Gear shifter locks whenever it wants to! I HATE THIS CAR!!
My Transmission is going out, I have talked to several people that have had the same problem, I love my car but I think a weakness is in the transmission of these cars.
Van is a cash cow seems to be in shop every other week. Engine mounts are the newest problem with van. Brakes and rotors have been replaced 3 times within one year. Passenger sliding door clips all broke causing door panel to fall off. Drivers side door lock broke. Van no longer beeps when using key throb and change key throb numerous times. Heater makes a noise sounding as if a door is opening and closing. Van is very loud with rattling noises. Cup holders have broken off on passenger seats. Dash board light always shows tires are low and sensors have been replaced twice. Wear on tires very bad have replaced tires (not cheap tires) 2 within a year. Van engine is now getting stuck in gear causing engine to rev extremely bad making me think it is the transmission. So many little things that are not normal keep up on van. Very disappointed with van. Loved the look of van and the inside of van but extremely extremely disappointed with van in whole. Will never ever purchase a Nissan again
I just bought a 2008 Pathfinder LE from a closed friend in OH he had it ever since new. Liked the SUV because can't afford newer one at higher priced. I read online about 2005-10 Pathfinders, Frontiers and Xterra SUVs with the common issue leaking coolant/tranny/radiator issues but first thing when woke up early next morning checked under hood but engine looks fully maintained. Keep in mind got it from my buddy in OH seems he took good care of it. Purchased back in March 2015 after my 1996 Lincoln Town car blew a head gasket making engine shut down but didn't have the money fixing so my buddy told me he was get rid of his Pathfinder got free. Overall handles good very comfortable love amount of space has lots of features in its class. It rides decent fuel economy isn't bad for a large SUV being my first its at 100,000 miles my buddy drove lots of places now am at 108,000 miles but got all paperwork he got it serviced at Nissan dealership. My wife likes as with our children my oldest son wants to drive it to work but just got him a 2003 Mustang best for the family after my beloved Town car finally gave up the LAZ-Z-BOY ride gave us bought a 2008 PF from a buddy of mines in Columbus the PF is a very solid SUV will make sure take care of all maintenance. At this time its very reliable runs well drives great on Carolina highways without an single problem nice full sized SUV ever even got a navigation system but buddy deleted his destinations some kind of way before sold off to me down south now I'm loving every bit of it as my wife does too she just bought a 2015 Rogue after experiencing with our Nissan being first product. I pray that it doesn't start having leaking tranny/radiator problems as other owners were experiencing will take care of all oil changes, fluids and maintenances at local dealer instead of small mechanic being its different from my Town car and other cars owned in the past.
Love the car. I did put money in few repairs replacing pre cats,brakes and transmission problem. At this time the car is running fine still worried about other things breaking at least it's reliable after got it back in 2012 love car performance and exterior looks. So far rides smooth while it's loaded to the max with available options ever in this car.
We have the '11 SV Premium loved this car after purchased new in 2011. I got 83,778 miles no problems it's fully loaded with all options available. The Maxima rides like a BMW very comfortable with lots of power gets 26 mpg. Looks sporty got performance even paddle shifters are great with D-Sport mode and CVT trans this car is the best ever. Overall my wife love the car so much she wanted purchased another Maxima as same version like this one except a used model but she is waiting on the new 2016 model arrive next month at dealership. It's our first Nissan product after trading a Volvo S60 on a Maxima it was worth everything buying a nice equipped car liked this one though top of the line still worth best bang for the buck ever purchasing this car.
I had nothing but good cars from Nissan. Purchased a used 2003 Maxima SE in 2013 with over 70,000 miles. Just done nothing but regular oil changes, plugs and rotations etc. I would love to own another Maxima as my next vehicle. All I can say that is the experienced has been impressive with this model only thing had trouble was AC compressor & brakes so far this car is great at 100,000 miles just changed timing chain recently absolutely love my Max planning get many more miles out of her even though thinking of buying new Maxima next month will keep this car as my second car.
I bought my 2010 new, and I notice difference. I've had problems soon after buying it. -plastic on the back/trunk area, broken after oil change. -got dealer to replace, but the broken pc still inside you could hear it -front lights keeps blown out -steering issues OMG -Left coil snapped at 4th year mark -Right coil snapped before 5th year mark -winter: engine too noise, vibration too much -armrest covers starts to come off for no reason -brakes changed and now squeeking like mad
I love this car its the best ever. Don't take car well it won't take care of you. Purchased my 02 Maxima SE back in mid 2011 with 87k miles driven at least another 30,000 miles this car runs well. Paid off so I'm happy with this vehicle so beautiful in and out its more than in excellent condition planning drive for 200,000 miles has every available option on SE version got with Maxima loving it.
I have been working on one of these for a friend, for a couple of years now. I have developed my own personal opinion of this car through my mechanical experience, and find it to be a highly over priced piece of crap. The subframe "floats" on rubber mounts that road salt destroys. All rubber bushings in this car cannot hold up to "salt belt" weather conditions. All of the factory service and factory parts are excessively over priced. From a mechanical design point of view, I'd love to slap around the designers! This car is HORRIBLE, CHEAPLY BUILT and a total piece of junk. Further.... I have NEVER seen a car where you can kick the front tire backwards, and the tire on the other side of the car move FORWARD AND BACK!!!!! The whole subframe, suspension, motor and transmission are bolts to rubber mounts that the body SITS on.
I have a 2009 Nissan Versa SL hatchback and this car SUCKS!!!!! The CVT transmission totally went out at 109,500 miles. It started making a loud whizzing sound, and over the course of the next few weeks it got progressively worse. I called the dealership in Apex NC and made an appointment, drove the car there, only to be told that I needed to pay them a $75.00 diagnostic fee. I had just lost my job and didn't have the money, so I left...and oh yea, I ended up almost getting killed on the way home and almost caused a massive car pile up when my car lurched from 70 to almost zero in like three seconds literally, then and wouldn't go above 20 MPH...all in rush hour traffic!!! Once I finally got it home and parked it that day, it never moved again. I tried backing it up after I parked it that day and it just revved like I was going to blow a head it has been sitting in my driveway in exactly the place I parked it for over a year now!!! A mechanic friend of mine told me CVT transmissions are garbage and that you can't fix part of them, you have to replace the whole thing. Sure enough, I couldn't find anyone in my area who would repair it without charging me $4,000 for a new one, and most places won't even work on them!!! So...I had to resurrect my 2004 Toyota Matrix (best car EVERRR) with 220,000 miles (which by the way I have NEVER had to make any major repairs to and in fact, just put new rotors on her for the first time @ 210,000!!!). I hadn't driven my Toyota in over a year and she started right up and has been driving like a dream...which made me wonder...why the heck didn't I get another Matrix instead????? A few weeks ago, a friend of mine started doing some in-depth research, and found that Nissan extended the warranties on their CVT transmissions to 120,000 miles for certain years, and 2009 was one of them. I called a DIFFERENT dealership this time (this one in Raleigh) and was actually treated like a human being! The rep immediately asked me my VIN number, told me the repair was covered, sent a tow truck out to my house to pick up the car, and gave me a 2015 Nissan Altima rental car for almost two weeks while it was being repaired (Altimas actually drive very nicely but you still couldn't PAY me to own another Nissan)..and no, they didn't charge me a $75.00 diagnostic fee. And yes, I am in the process of rating them very positively now. End result: New CVT transmission at 109,500...when a Honda or Toyota would have just started coming to life. Years ago I had a Nissan Sentra station wagon, and the transmission went out at about the same time. I will NEVER buy another Nissan again. For those of you who are unfortunate Nissan Versa owners like's the warranty information link below wherein they extended the CVT transmission warranty on certain models/years - hope this helps. Oh yea, my brand new CVT transmission only comes with 12,000/12 month warranty. I'm totally nervous about this. My next car: DEFINITELY a Toyota or Honda. oh yea, the interior of this car is falling apart as well. The sunroof was leaking, streaming water into my car whenever it rained (that was at about 50,000 miles). Thank goodness for Youtube - my son googled a video that showed how to fix a leaky sunroof, or I would have paid a few hundred dollars to the dealership (you have to clean the hoses out that start at the top of the sunroof and snake down through the car door and come out behind the front wheels of the car). Somehow these hoses were totally clogged (even though I have never had to do this with my Matrix sunroof and I've had my Toyota since 2004!!!) I had to replace the car battery at around 45,000, as opposed to my Toyota Matrix, which had the same battery for the first seven frikkin years!!!! This is the worst car I have EVER purchased.
First, if you have one, go to the dealer and get all of the recall work done immediately.I had a 2003 that I bought with 17,000 mi. Great SUV when properly maintained. LOVED it. The steering broke (a recall problem), causing a wreck which broke the frame. Nissan wouldn't pay. Big surprise! (It now has 106,000 mi, and is still parked in driveway). I loved it so much that I just bought another 2003 Xterra with 93,000 mi. The "new" one got 10 miles and needed 2 oxygen sensors ($550) and needs a Knock sensor (estimate of $600). Mechanic says it can wait. The one I just bought had one owner, but no wrecks. My mechanic says it has had the front repainted, so don't count on Auto Check or CarMax for real info. Take a used car into your mechanic and have him check it. I knew better, but based my experience on my earlier car to judge the quality of the new one-big mistake. My question: Is there any economical way to use parts from my old Nissan, which is mechanically wonderful, on the one I just bought? I don't know a "Shade Tree Mechanic" to pull parts for the one in need. Any suggestions? The junkyard will only give me $500 for my wrecked one.
Have had this truck 15 years. Bought with 59k miles. Always pretty reliable. Runs strong. Great 4wd v6 auto vehicle. Mpg is just ok. 18 19 mpg. Still very strong drive-train. Can go through 10 inches of snow. Limited slip 4wd posi drive-train. Bang for the buck I recommend this truck. Buying another is ridiculous. Since they keep jacking the price of the new trucks. I will just drive this hardbody for another 5 years.
This car is horrible
I bought my 2004 Xterra from the first owner. It's been reliable. Problems I have experienced are common for the vehicle. I live inner city. From time to time in the winter I get a check engine light.Scanning showed a loose gas cap.Locking gas cap does not keep people from siphoning gas.If electrical comes on but car refuses to start then move shift lever with the brake depressed and reposition into park. The lock out switches on this version are touchy.I have less than 100kmiles and already have had to replace the alternator, and rear springs. That dual catalytic converter replacement is going to be spendy and mine is on the way out.If they go through calipers frequently make sure to buy a pre-loaded caliper and a must do is to change out the rotors at the same time.Bad rotors will wear out brake pads and calipers very fast.My most recent problem is the dash lights went out as well as the tail lights. Nissan wants a grand to rip my dash apart to change the harness.I am retired and don't have it.I guess I will only be driving in the daylight hours from now on. The fuses are all okay. I read that if one of the tail lights or running lights is out it'll do the same thing and no one has to rip the vehicle apart to change the part.I will try to check the light bulbs myself and then recheck the tail light fuse. The dash lights are connected to the tail light and those fuses are located in the box next to the battery. My other option is to go to the vo-tech when they are doing wiring and have them do it for parts money.
I love my "Juke". I have not had one ounce of trouble with it. BUT……saying that it has a smell. I may drive it a hour and shut it off to go into the store and it has an AWFUL smell when returning. I have had it checked out and sprayed BUT it doesn't help. This does not do it all the time just when you least expect it.