Nissan Maxima Reviews

Nissan Maxima Reviews and Owner Comments

I love this car its the best ever. Don't take car well it won't take care of you. Purchased my 02 Maxima SE back in mid 2011 with 87k miles driven at least another 30,000 miles this car runs well. Paid off so I'm happy with this vehicle so beautiful in and out its more than in excellent condition planning drive for 200,000 miles has every available option on SE version got with Maxima loving it.
I have been very pleased with my Maxima. Bought this car over 21 years ago as a pre owned certified never had one mechanical problem with nothing. I've replaced couple things but minor only the car has original tranny/engine at now 250,000 never once I did have it in the shop for nothing. I am looking for a 2016 Maxima as new replacement hope it be like my 1990 Maxima as well loving this car.
bought this car for my son. He had it since January 2011 with 83,000 miles now driven it through the ground in the last 4 years purchase. The maintenance wasn't bad plus oil changes were very cheap though car was showing some wear and tear bought it in Pennsylvania off craigslist from a lady who got second handed from the previous owner who had since new. Overall it's a very reliable car now my son sold it got an 2010 model he loves even more with all of the upgrades compared to his 1995 version. I believe could trust Nissan vehicles within last couple of years my son have had his Maxima never gave him a problem he has driven that car from Michigan to Arizona put over 234,000 miles didn't leave him stranded driving long trips. The mechanic who I used to let serviced it said that car had lots of life wouldn't breakdown at anytime sense these are great cars last told by mechanic. Which I saw that when buying my son a 1995 Maxima with low miles it was the best car I have ever bought he drove it to death but never one time stopped on him. I'd recommend a Maxima any day.
I like the car a lot but believe has issues with battery replacements and engine knocks every time at 35 mph. Overall love my Maxima it is an dependable car only problem have out the car be ignition coil went out but still was under warranty Nissan address the problem. CVT needs replacing took in last week to Glenn Nissan in Lexington told tranny needs replacing the car does take off slow. It is comfortable, great stereo sound like looks of vehicle available paddle shifters and A-Pillars are great. Purchased this car new only things be a minor problem are electronics never buy a early model vehicle but it is great at 109K miles.
Still one of the best cars looks sporty have 19'' wheels and tires when driving the car it is so quiet while has smooth power under a 290 horsepower moves quicker at 2,000 rpms. Bose is incredible came with paddle shifters the Maxima got excellent handling while steers easily. Very luxury but mostly sporty with the Sport pkg., available with driver seat memory only doesn't heavy although car looks wider around hips and shaped L hood interior materials are nice with charcoal metallic trim plus navigation and bluetooth are pluses all electronics works great. I traded a 2011 SV Sport on a 2014 being more upgraded because love performance these cars give when pressing the throttle while have responsive handling and best drives while putting in sport mode. I hope next new model be better with AWD and manual 6 speed trans while has lots of new features more for the money.
Bought new in 1996 has 240k miles done regular maintenance and set of tires replaced. It handles like new only things got work done were minor all original the stereo works well with a factory Bose sound. The leather is showing bit tear otherwise a good car rides smooth has lots of power love my Maxima no paint rust to say its a southern car looks absolutely good. I change oil with Synthetic 5w30 and spark plugs serviced every 3,000 miles this is the most dependable car I have ever owned so comfortable. Will be driving this car until the wheels comes off very peppy it is a well maintained car absolutely loving my Maxima.
Bought a 2008 Honda Accord nothing but problems have a 2006 Maxima SE no problems a dependable car be looking at another after while. I have read about transmission problems thought went from bad to worse but t the car is performing well I use Nissan L matic fluid and oil changes at 6,000 plus rotations a very dependable car with lots if speed. My Max has 187k miles just replaced struts and spark plugs nothing but major ever gone wrong in last 3 years. Next vehicle will be a Nissan waiting on the new Maxima to come out.
I will never buy another Nissan again and have told other people not purchase one either. Bought the car in 2008 until 78,000 miles transmission is jerking mechanic said I need a new tranny contacted Nissan Corp who wouldn't help me since the car is out of warranty and bought used so nice I have to pay getting a new transmission. Took to another mechanic who quoting me $324 on a new replacement don't have that kind of money just pray this car doesn't kill me still making payments. Nissan should be responsible in their actions but this is the last time will ever buy a Nissan I am done Toyota and Honda here I come.
I have a 99 the I just got 2 months age- and without complaining to much IT is nothing like my 94 was- did i mention i havent drove it in the last 7 weeks? Has an electrical issue that I haven't been able to trace- sitting at a red light It lost all power- and after replacing the battery- alternator and the ignition switch- still have a sun roof stuck open, no power windows, locks, dash lights, ac, alarm, or door chime! I think its the littlest MAXIMA they ever made- have had all coils replaced and it has horrible gas mileage- but whatever
2nd owner. Overall car is great. The engine light has been on since I have owned it. All issues are with emissions (Sensors and Catalytic Converter). Everything else works fine. Slight issue with tranny going from 1st to 2nd. I think I need to replace tranny fluid. I would recommend. Gas mileage not to good (19 to 22 mpg).
I just finished my arbitration meeting with BBB auto line and Nissan arbitration specialists. If anyone is having their so called premium leathers seats ripping as you enter either seat please email me damcgees@bellsouth.net I lost the case because at this time my car is only 10 months old with a total of 3 repairs to the front driver's seat and passenger's seat, according to the lemon law, one has to have a total of 4 repairs with the same problem within a year and warranty is guaranteed. HOWEVER Nissan Corp. will not repair my front leather seats anymore. Nissan Corp. is telling me, I am ripping the seats as I enter the seat and because of my buttons on my rear pockets (jeans, shorts, etc). I have a white Nissan Maxima (2013), and tan leather seats ,listed price $38k with only 25 miles at time of delivery. With the first 1,596 miles, the seats started ripping (both front seats) then about 2207 miles, and now 3153 miles. I currently have 4050 miles and its only 10 months old. I do not drive this car daily and only 2 occasions someone used rear seats. (reason for low miles) If anyone out there, in any state having the same issues please e-mail - damcgees@bellsouth.net thanks for reading my story
Purchased new 2001 Nissan Maxima GLE. Now has 143,000 miles. Normal maintenance only. Replaced battery, rebuilt alternator, had transmission and radiator flushed twice Excellent runner, great handling car. No rust, no dings and good mileage. Very responsive and fast off the green light. Has plenty of power.
Thanks for these helpful reviews. I don't own one, but was looking at buying one since my older Nissan was so reliable. Now I understand that Nissan is owned by Renault and uses Renault parts and supply chain solutions. Knowing how unreliable Renaults have been, makes me not want to come near a Nissan. Everywhere I read, people complain about how these "post-Renault" nissans become "money-pits". That's something I can live without. Thanks everyone for the heads up.
My 2006 Nissan Maxima is on it's third transmission at 80,000 miles and has had strut work on right side and need more. On top of that it has a bad power steering leak. Do not buy a MAXIMA unless you want some problems!
AC SUCKS " ENGINE OVERHEATS WHEN STALLED
SV model with panoramic roof. Awesome Car every expectation has been met and more. Little high on window sticker at first but every penny worth it for a luxury sports sedan.
I am leasing a 2013 Maxima SV - I absolutely love the car. I typically buy coupes and avoid pony/muscle cars because their size, bulk and higher insurance premiums. What impressed me with this car was it's handling, build quality and style. I do wish I got the NAV package and the SPORT package. Many people will say lower priced cars are available with more standard options - and this is absolutely true. I can't believe I'd have to upgrade to the NAV package just for a better media interface, including touch-screen and blue tooth media streaming. $40k car and the memory seat settings were available, however, not included. My V6 EX-L Honda Accord, which cost $10k less included a telescoping steering wheel and memory seats. But... Nissan was anything but cheap with his vehicle and that is evident as soon as you push the button (turn the key - there is no key!) and drive the car. The quality is top class and on-par with high end REAL luxury autos like BMW, M-benz, Infinity, etc. The car's engineering, design and quality is out of this world - and that's something that many people fail to consider or appreciate now that there are many cars that cost half the price that look just as nice and come standard with amenities that make people's head spin because they've never had them before. Two quirks - and only two - about this car. The driver's left foot-rest is cheap vinyl - why not a solid block of hard rubber like Honda? The emergency/parking brake is foot activated - why not on the console or electric activated? I'd buy another one - without even thinking - and I probably will. Next time it'll be FULLY loaded.
we have had to jump start our 2011 Maxima eleven times since we bought it brand new from Headquarters Nissan in Columbus, GA. They replaced the battery in Jan. of 2012. after more, jump starting they replaced the battery again in August 2013. They insist it is the battery. I don't think so.
I have owned toyota and honda predominately throughout my life and last year bought an 06 maxima. This past year has been the least amount of trouble I have ever had with a car. It is much more durable and gets better gas mileage, I know because I check. IF you treat a nissan right, it will run forever. If you abuse it, it will break down. I won't ever buy a honda or toyota again.
This is a very expensive hot automobile ever built car company called Nissan. I have owned my Maxima less than one year have to say that im enjoying right in 2013 with great performance and best quality of a very luxurious sporty vehicle. This was the car for me i love this car and it's my 3rd Nissan owned ever sense 1998 when bought a used 1997 Altima than 11 years later got my brand new 2007 Altima off showroom floor smack brand new. Now im driving the Maxima from last year Nissan really done a great job on upgraded this car that was remodeled back in 2009 now three years later it has improved more very great job Nissan. Im not trading this baby til she can't take anymore of serving me on the highway and hauling family and friends to where ever they need to go. Best car ever owned this is my favorite most luxury vehicle no need to stress myself out buying a BMW, Jaguar, Audi, Acura and Lexus where this cheaper manufacturer brand that made a flagship sedan that carries all my needs priced is right for me with lots of luxurious in its class. From Bose to most comfortable interior and smooth ride is fine with me. The styling and durability on this car absolutely wonderful I just love this luxurious car on wheels been a excellent blessing buying this car.
This car was purchased in october, '12 with 178k miles on it. I had never owned a nissan(car or truck) in all my 32 years of driving but, I'd heard so much about this maxima's V6 engine(voted best engine 8 years in a row)that I thought I make the change from Toyota---most reliable cars and trucks I've owned to date. It being used with so many miles on it, i figured a few maintenance issues might need attention, but I didn't expect so much at one time. In these three months, I've replaced the spark plugs, brakes and rotors, interior/exterior lightbulbs, oil and air filters, and made some cosmetic improvements. However, the car still needs new shocks, theirs an oil leak, and makes a rub sound each time I turn left for the 1st time after starting the car. I have to stop and restart the car again for it to make that sound again after turning left and it won't make it again while being drivin. The '03 Toyota Tundra, V6/5-speed, also has 168k miles on it but all I've done to it is regular maintenance since buying it at 32k miles. It's been the best vehicle I've owned to date in terms of reliability and low upkeep. But the Maxima is the most fun to drive I've owned. I hope that after I've 'bought it up to speed on maintanence, it will provide me with another 200k miles of trouble-free driving, but as of now the jury is still out. My only regret is not buying a maxima with less miles on it or that was upkept better. Other than that it is a the best looking car and has an engine that purrs and I can't wait to take a trip to California in it.
i have been a nissan owner since 1988. irelaced my 1988 stanza in 2001 with a new maxiam. the car turned out to be a electrical nightmare.the o2 sensers, the air control valve, the ecu, the power locks, the sunroof, the power windows.i can only guess how much this would have cost to have repaired.all this took place with less than 85000 miles.i have since traded the car off at loss that i am ashamed to tell .but i can asure everyone it wasn't for another nissan.i can tell you that i have and will continue to discourage as many people from buying a nissan for as long as i live.there lack of concern for there customers can be found on the internet if you care to look
MY 3RD MAXIMA AFTER 87' DEN 94' AND NOW 92' I HAVE 268,000 MILES, BUT GUESS WHAT, IT RUNS SO SMOOTH, IT 'S NOT HOW THE CAR RUNS, IT'S ALSO HOW YOU DRIVE THE CAR AS NO TTO ABUSE IT WITHOUT ANY REASON, RUNS SMOOTH, DRIVE GENTLY, WHATS NOT GOOD ABOUT IT...iT'S MAXIMA TO THE maX !!!!!!!
hooray nissan back in shop again lets see 9 coils 3 battery ground cables 2 batteries transmission slippage b4 and after flush complete exhaust replacement under warranty one dealership honored warr. other refused to i thought it was fed req.my brother has degree from ford i worked for chevy.ive only owned nissans try to convince my wife they are good.everyone i know thinks they are good however 2 other maximas in the neighborhood same problems contacted nissan north america no help free advertisement nissan JUNK.YOU GOT ME BASED ON YOUR PAST HISTORY.BY THE WAY KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS 2009 MAX. SAME THING JUNK JUNK JUNK
my 2011 nissan maxima cd player isn't working properly is it under the warranty to get reapired
I bought an 02 Maxima with 59,000 miles, it's now at 81,000 miles and my experience ranks somewhere between nightmare and lemon. Everything is falling apart, it constantly needs work done on it. Now it has an engine knock and needs a new wheel mount. I'll never buy another Nissan for as long as I live, no car should need so much work done before the 100,000 mile mark has been reached.
1996 Nissan Maxima I Love this car. I had for seven years!! it's very new looking with minor scratches on spoiler. I call it " The Dark Leopard " Black with tinted windows and leopard seat covers. Good condition inside and out. " only 144,000 miles. this car could out live me!. one problem i noticed just a few weeks ago is the gas tank is dripping a small amount of possible moisture plus rust. I Did not check this out yet since I work 3th shift. It could be the trunk latch or trunk rust dripping down the gas tank!!! if anyone can give me an idea before I spend some bucks it would be great. " No you can't buy My car" Thank You. Jeanne S.
We Got our nissan maxima and over paying for it bye 3 grand. However it only has 138k miles on it and it runs very good.. I wish i would have known the value of the car before financing it, but as long as it runs i will be happy with the reliability. We have had to get the exhaust fixed once, new brakes an alignment new fuel filter and new tires. We still need to get the wheel barrings fixed, But these are all things to expect when all the original parts are still there. We are fairly happy with ours!
this car is the best i ownd on and is had a supper bad head on colition and then the engin is still alive and to this day 4-6-12 and more i will never give up this rell car and stong thing
I have had my 1996 nissan infinti for 2yrs it was a rebuilt car i have been having problems with the sensor going out and it's surging when driven I have spent over $300.00 just to replace parts that haven't even fixed it.Now it's dying still and the check engine light keeps on coming on no one can seem to figure out why it's dying when stalled can anyone tell me why it's doing that?