» Hyundai

Reviews for 21 Hyundai models:

Hyundai Reviews and Owner Comments

Hyundai Owner Reviews (21 reviews)
    Hyundai Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Reviews (see 126 reviews)
  • 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe
    Visitor, Cypress, TX, March 21, 2015 16:25
    Our 2008 Santa Fe was purchased Jan, 2012 used thru Carmaz Used Car Dealership with 62,000 miles. No coverage from Hyundai so opted for Carmax's Maxcare. Paid cash for vehicle and Carmax did their due diligence with background check on vehicle. Found nothing suspicious. First year we had nothing unusual and kept up with all maintenance and service. Second year and 75,000 it all started. We paid $18,327.58 drive off lot. At this time (March, 2015) we have spent $18,252.58 in service, repairs and maintenance on this money pit. Am addressing with Hyundai Motor America, but is a long, ridiculous process with more run arounds to break us down so we don't continue forward. Worst problem (of all the $9,753.42 that has actually been spent for odd repairs we have not experienced with any vehicles as a whole picture in our 40+ years of ownership)while I was driving, the PCM failed instantly. Lost everything and was miraculous to be entering our subdivision and not where I had been the prior hours...very high speed major highways in Houston. This has become a nightmare and we wanted to purchase a new Santa Fe, BUT if Hyundai cannot honor what they say as customers being their primary concern, we will get out of this somehow and into something else. NEVER try filing a complaint and hoping for action thru their Consumer Affairs Dept. We are at 6 weeks and barely getting any contact from them. Extremely disillusioned by this Company!
  • Hyundai Hyundai Elantra Owner Reviews (see 72 reviews)
  • 2009 Hyundai Elantra
    mecheng1, New Port Richey, FL, December 24, 2014 20:28
    I also have a 2009 Elantra Touring in Red and the clear coat is peeling off the door handles. Intend to take it in to the Dealer and see if they can do anything about it. The car has been very reliable and the design works so well that we don't have any incentive or plans to get a new one. The newer models just don't seem to have the same usable interior space as the 2009 Touring.
  • Hyundai Hyundai Sonata Owner Reviews (see 60 reviews)
  • 1990 Hyundai Sonata
    Visitor, Indianapolis, IN, January 18, 2015 17:48
    We got this car from my grandpa. It might look like junk but a dependable car wish photo could be available love this car a bunch has over 350,000 miles on original engine. I did put money on some repairs but the car is flawless for a 1990 Sonata the V6 engine is strong gets 30mpg including interstate driving am looking for a 2015 model while will keep this older model as the timeline of history when this generation first came out in 1989 to U.S as a Korean car. LOVE MY SONATA will never sell or get rid of this car just won't die though beat this car all up still never gave me a problem while blowing up with our kids in back (LOL).
  • Hyundai Hyundai Accent Owner Reviews (see 36 reviews)
  • 2011 Hyundai Accent
    Visitor, Lakeville, MN, March 16, 2015 21:22
    I bought used with about 40,000 mi. I know you're all having coil trouble and you keep paying for coil replacement. I have what sounds like the same trouble about every 4000-8000 miles. I've just been changing the plugs and that seems to do the trick. There must be a deeper problem that's causing the issue. If anyone knows more, please let me know. The only other problem is that the spring to help the gasoline door to pop open when you pull the lever is missing so sometimes it won't open unless you help it. I do everything I can to get good fuel mileage. In the cold Minnesota winter, I get from 25-30 mpg. In the summer, I get about 27-36.
  • Hyundai Hyundai Tucson Owner Reviews (see 25 reviews)
  • 2013 Hyundai Tucson
    stillfree8, Freehold, NJ, January 16, 2015 12:45
    I have a 2014 limited tucson. At 7000 miles I reported that it sounded like a Mack Truck the dealer said it was normal. At 18000 miles they replaced the engine. At 26000 Miles they changed it a 2nd time. Also soon after that my directional would not go off even with the car off and the key out. They replaced the BCM which I'm told was a major job. It also has a continuous transmission problem that when I go to take off its like in 2nd or third gear. It didn't happen the two times I took it in so it continues to be a problem. Hyundai is a garbage vehicle and the US should not allow them to be imported
  • Hyundai Hyundai Tiburon Owner Reviews (see 20 reviews)
  • 2007 Hyundai Tiburon
    Visitor, Ann Arbor, MI, November 15, 2014 23:42
    i have a 2007 tiburon ,i bought it from a dealer ship when it had 99k odometer, i used to love that car ,but there is something about it that feels cheap and the v4 engine that i have is so weak which is understandable ,but this car have the best looking body design ever in my opinion , its great for showing off ,but it is horrible for performance
  • Hyundai Hyundai XG350 Owner Reviews (see 18 reviews)
  • 2002 Hyundai XG350
    craigfisher41, Brevard, NC, October 29, 2014 17:01
    I really LOVED this car when I first bought it. I've had it going on my third year and it's falling apart ! EVERYTHING is expensive to repair and most mechanics refuse to work on them I've noticed. I could have bought an old beater for what it cost me to have a timing belt put in and now that it's been replaced, the two sensors behind the belt cover are bad. Crankshaft Position Sensor and the Camshaft sensor. I put new front brakes on it and as I was driving home from the mechanic's, the ABS light came on. I found out that the wheel sensor is bad and has to be replaced to get the light off. I'm trading it AS SOON as I get it fixed. I can't very well expect a decent trade in value with the check engine light and ABS light on ! :/ Also I might ad that the rear struts work fine, but make a helluva noise ! If anyone reading this comes across an 02-05 XG 350 or 350L as mine is WALK AWAY !!! Mine looks awesome, black w/black leather power moonroof, LOADED even has rear air but man...what a POS !
  • Hyundai Hyundai Azera Owner Reviews (see 9 reviews)
  • 2006 Hyundai Azera
    Visitor, Garland, TX, January 25, 2014 13:16
    The front struts have been replaced. All tires have been replaced. I still hear a rattling noise underneath the car. Sounds like coming from the rear shocks. Also receive noise at start up probably timing chain tensioner. Car is really a disappointment.
  • Hyundai Hyundai Veracruz Owner Reviews (see 6 reviews)
  • 2011 Hyundai Veracruz
    Visitor, Jamaica, NY, October 05, 2012 13:59
    I bought my 2011-Veracruz Aug 2010 and within 2weeks the moldings on the sides of the car was falling off. That was repaired by the dealer. Since then I have had nothing but headaches with my Veracruz. Little control in stopping the vehicle on the highway, ESC light comes on allowing the vehicle to move no faster that 20-25 mph. First occurrence- dealer replaced the brake switch. Yes the car drove better (brakes and ESC problem was gone. Second occurrence (same problem) - dealer had the car for 3days and they said no test code found and the car was safe to drive. 3rd occurrence dealer reset switch and returned the vehicle. Within 18 months period I had returned to the dealer 3time for the same ESC/ acceleration problem and once to another Hyundai Service Center. I was advised by Hyundai Customer Care to take the car to another Hyundai service center as they may find the problem and have it fixed. I’m so disgusted with the BS of Hyundai that I would never recommend them to anyone nor would I purchase another Hyundai vehicle. I know I purchased a new car but was informed by Hyundai Customer Care Representative that I am the second owner of my vehicle. Hyundai has it listed that my Veracruz was previously owned by someone else. How on earth could they not disclose such pertinent information! I need an explanation and I need it NOW! All I can say is buyers be aware. Concerned Consumer(Queens NY)
  • Hyundai Hyundai Excel Owner Reviews (see 3 reviews)
  • 1994 Hyundai Excel
    Visitor, Costa Mesa, CA, September 24, 2011 20:12
    I bought my 1994 Hyundai excel new. It is a California special sea-foam green we had a/c added the car has 226k miles the interior is in great condition. the paint has lasted, with the color I can find it in the parking lot a mile away. The only major problem was the clutch went out then the manual trans, replaced both no problem. the car does not have enough power to run a/c and drive the car at the same time, the car has good power still. I like Hyundai's I have a 2005 sonata it has 90k miles and it clatters real bad, no one can tell me what it is, yet. I would buy Hyundai's they are good cars, lots of features for the money, but they are starting to get a little pricey.
  • Hyundai Hyundai Entourage Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 2007 Hyundai Entourage
    Visitor, Irving, TX, January 30, 2011 12:55
    thumping noises under the front end of the car. Dealer replaced bushing and said it was fixed......NOT!!!!. Said some other seal or something was on order....Very unhappy with dealer and the car itself. What does it mean ...bumper to bumper ????? O7 is not very old to have "knocking problem " under the front of the car.
  • Hyundai Hyundai XG300 Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 2001 Hyundai XG300
    Visitor, Beverly, MA, September 15, 2011 19:01
    my car has had a lot of major proplems over $3000 in repairs since i inherited from my mom when my father pass away in 2001 and my mom was driving it for a year then she could not drive no more it only has 43,000 miles on it for the amount of miles it should not have this many proplems the dealer had said many yrs later thet this yr make and model then only made a few and now unfornately i know why. if my father was not sick he wouldnt have bought this car he would have investgated it first
  • Hyundai Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8
    Visitor, Lawton, OK, September 02, 2012 13:04
    My 2012 Genesis 3.8 sedan is by far the best vehicle I have owned, I opted for the Technology package. This car is a dream to drive, the optional (LDWS) lane departure warning system is useless, it is suppossed to warn you if you drift into other lanes but it only gives a LOW beep which you can't hear if you have the radio on. The Smart Cruise is a very nice feature. The Lexicon stereo is the BEST on the market, although the integrated nav system is not as user friendly.the HID headlight are now a dealbreaker for me (I must have them)the leather is soft and very high grade, the drivers seat also has a cooling function (nice). Overall this is a very sound car at a great price.
  • Hyundai Hyundai Scoupe Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 1994 Hyundai Scoupe