Lincoln LS Reviews

Lincoln LS Reviews and Owner Comments

Good looking sporty car. I have had my Lincoln LS since 2004 with 24k miles this vehicle never requires nothing but getting a oil changed and spark plugs at almost 200,000. Got the luxury model with vent seats, navigation system, CD/Cass and more. The car got class engine is amazing I did go to Napa got a new air compressor after replacing original one but other things like batteries, brakes, plugs, bearings, etc., shop at AutoZone with lifetime warranty. LS has been a really nice beautiful awesome car ever driven though it was used as a rental turned into me driving around city n go traffic maybe traveling out of state every once in awhile. I love this car won't ever trade in for nothing because its a dependable running car worth everything after paid $28k in low miles and a used car company vehicle it is well cared for though lives out in the Nevada heat car is sparkle shining liked had rode off assembly line it runs and drives smooth being in sharp condition gets good estimated fuel economy. Thinking of buying another Lincoln if something ever happens to this car she is like going to the moon its a good reliable vehicle ever purchased though the first new car I had purchased after never owning a vehicle took the shuttle or had to walk everywhere needed to go until found a car with on my credit just purchased at price of $28k but was worth getting this car because its one trustworthy car I've ever had or drove.
Was my dream car until I actually bought one...I have never been more disappointed in my life. Honestly Ford, good way to kill it for a girl! This car is worse then a divorce, talk about taking you for half, this car will rip you from all means of thought, of making it in life. I love my LS, but it shows no love back. I'm really looking forward to the day I can trade this car in! That's even if they will give anything for it! =)
I purchased my 2006 Lincoln Ls from my Aunt who baught it brand new with 0 mileage. I purchased it over a 2006 SLS AWD with the same amount milage it was mainly because it was half the price of the SLS (being from a dealer) and the LS also had better fuel economy. I purchased the car with 84,000 miles on it last May and now as it sits it has 105,450 miles which is 21,450 miles in about 5 months of owning my car. The service record on this car has never had an issue or any problem. Original coil packs and plugs, routine Oil and filter changes, and with only one minor flaw with this car is that it doesnt like to be on empty the battery will drain at a qtr of a tank with the engine shut off. Lincoln told my aunt that her Ls sitting beside another Lincoln drains it battery. I found a corralation to the battery draining while the car had right about less of a qtr of a tank in it. I fixed this sulotion by if the car is going to be sitting to make sure it has atleast above qtr tank. my fuel economy has been pretty amazing to be honest, I once got 430 miles till empty on the gauge. She was purchased in texas, driven to Ohio, than to Alaska, back to Ohio, Back to Texas. For all my friends that hates on Lincoln for this car remember this. Rear Wheel drive and with an engine that SHOULD have 300 horsepower and my car that is only missing 2 options which is the rear heated seats and something so minuet I cant even remember. With these little flaws this car has the cashmire paint and hand painted pin stripping with hand painted lincoln logo this car is truly one of a kind. the suspension is loud when hitting a hard bump but than again they've never been replaced, but they arent sagging and dont feel weak. If i change the suspension anytime soon it will be due to the noise if anyone has a suggestion on a shock that isnt so loud when hitting a hard bump that would be greatly appreciated. my car is on its 2nd set of tires by the way original equipment went 74,000 miles and my aunt switched to the michellens pilot sport a/s plus. I have about 30,000 miles on these tires and plenty of tread. 135,000 miles orginal coil packs replaced the plugs runs fine though I notice it doesn't want to run on anything but 93 and refuses Kroger, speedway, cheap gas even hates Shell.
I have a 2002 Ls Why does the engine ligh turn on? Is it just one thing or can it be a few things?
I have 66,000 miles on the '06. Location of the low side a/c port couldn't be in a worse location. Another problem is the fuel gage used to give an audible warning when low on fuel, now it doesn't and the fuel gage at 1/4 tank will suddenly drop to Empty which it originally didn't. Other than these points I like the car. Nice interior, on cruise control going 70 I got 27 mpg with a V-8. Like the handling. Has some features that are nice like the battery in the rear if such help is needed in a parking lot or highway.
I'm three months into the car and seems flawless.I got this car for 3K with a 100K on it.It was obviously maintained at a dealership because it shines inside and out.Strong 8 cyl. with big brakes.Wish me luck but it seems like a great car.
valve cover gaskets are guarantee to go bad! thus coil packs will be next to go. repairs are not easy and seem to be one after another. snappy and fast though. rides and handles like a dream with a flashy look. overall i like the car but have pocket book handy cause they seem to be a needy car with more problems than any other luxery sport car, but when the car is problem free, its hard to beat.
I dont own an ls but was thinking about it.1500 bucks It has some body damage,186,300 on the dash,& a rusty Undercarriage.interior is excellent & drives great.what do You think?
I bought my 2002 LS V8 in 2005 with 35,000 miles. At about 45,000 miles the passenger side climate control went hot and would not cool. Dealer replace a water control valve under warranty. 2 years later the same valve had to be replaced because of same problem, I paid $$$$$ to get this done. A year later the A/C-heater temp would not regulate, either extreme hot or extreme cold. Dealer kept it 3 days searching for the problem (not covered in their manuals), found an exterior temp sensor was bad. Dealer found this by swapping parts off of an identical model, expensive. Now the same climate control problem as occurred again. Appears to me that Lincoln has a defective part design but does not want to fix it. Also, now the cruise control has stopped working after doing some crazy things, and the radio controls in the steering column no longer work, a minor inconvenience. Other than that, the car looks great, runs great, great acceleration, will get you out of a tight spot in a hurry. Gas mileage 18 city, 28 hwy at 65 mph.
I bought my 2000 LS V-6 used, with 74,000 miles more than three years ago. I have had no major problems. I drive it every day. The car runs and drives great. The under side is now getting rusty, this car doesn't owe me anything. I would get another one.
Did anyone know that Lincoln has extended the warranty on the coils because they have alot of problems with the coils, can get them replaced if needed for free. They said Lincoln sent out notices about them but I didn't get one and had spent approx. $450.00 to replace worn out ones Thanks Lincoln for notifying me not.
My Lincoln 2001 LS V-6 started overheating in the summer when it is hot outside. Changed the thermostat, still same prob. Someone said the water pump could have corrosion or maybe air in the lines. I don't have a lot of money to spend for someone to find it. Also, my engine light, airbag light and now recently the light bulb light. There are no reason they should be on. (electrical??)
Jus bought my 01 Lincoln LS 2 days ago from a lil dealership for 2 grand. And now i am very nervous about it after reading everything. My mechanic is doing it up for cheap for now. Oil change, transmission change, plugs, engine light sensor misfire. And a few other things. But shit! I dont know how i feel about this purchase now!
LINCOLN LS ARE NICE LUXURY CARS B UT HERES MY SUGGESTION DONT BUY ONE WHY EXPENSIVE TO HAVE FIXED THERE ARE UNIBODYS BUILT OUT OF STEEL AND EVENTUALLY WILL RUST AWAY AT THE SIDE PILLAR ROCKER DOGLEG AND SUBFRAME IF YOU ARE GONNA BUY A CAR BUY ONE WERE THE UNIBODY IS MADE OF ALUMINIUM SINCE ALUMINUM DOSENT RUST OR BUY A TRUCK SINCE THEY HAVE A FULL FRAME
I first brought this car the prettiest auto on road,now 10 years later it currently have a problem mechanic cant seem to lay hands on .The battery dies over night,brought new battery,next dead again,changed alternaters,next day battery dead agin,changed heat climates control battery dead again,remove fuses that control air-condition battery not dead,still can not pin point the probleem.very expenseive to work on.
I PURCHASED MY LINCOLN 2004 LS IN FEB OF 2010 AFEW WEEKS AFTER I GOT IT, THE FAIL SAFE MODE IGHT CAME ON. I TOOK IT IN AND THEY FIXED IT. A YEAR LATER I PUT 1,100 BUCK IN THIS CAR AFTER HAVING IT A YEAR. NOW AGAIN MY FSM LIGHT CAME ON AGAIN AND BACK TO THE SHOP. SO FAR I HAVE SPENT 2,000 BUCKS IN THIS CAR. I HAVE HEARD SO MANY UGLY STORIES ABOUT THESE LINCOLNS. GOOD LUCK TOO ALL THE LINCOLN BUYERS. THEY KEEP YOU BROKE. I LOVED IT WHEN I FIRST GOT HER!! NOW WERE GETTING A DIVOCE. SHE'S PIMPING ME BAD.
April 2009 I bought my car used after my 96 Mark VII blew it's engine. (actually my husband didn't notice it was overheating until it was too late) Anyways...it had 140,000 miles, body was in good shape with small dent on driver side. No real major problems as so far. I do need to service the air conditioner before next summer. Air conditioner gets hot if air conditioner is on for a while about 30 mins. Oh yeah, the horn doesn't work too. No other major problems so far. I love the way it drives & looks. It will hold me another year until I can aford to buy a newer car.
Bought my 2004 ls new a bit pricey but had all the bells and whistles. I've had it in the repair shop at least 6 times for the check engine light on. It's always a coil for one of the spark plugs,fix one then a couple of months later another one goes out. Sick and tired of this problem. Wish I never bought it, will never buy another ford or lincoln as long as I live. It looks great alot of compliments on the style but mechanically it stinks.
I recieved a 03 ls from a customer to do an easy tune-up. but after looking into it found most all easy items changed by previous owner and it still will not drive down road. This is the 3rd ls I have seen like this with a MAJOR problem and hope people stay away from them.
I JUST BOUGHT THIS CAR 2 MONTHS AGO WITH NO WARRANTY LETS HOPE I DONT HAVE MAJOR PROBLEMS FINGERS CROSSED...WELL I LOVE IT. IT DRIVES SMOOTHLY. I HAD THE ENGINE LIGHT ON AND MY MECHANIC REPLACED A SENSOR ON IT FOR CHEAP. HES A KEEPER THE GOOD THING I HAVE A MECHANIC THAT CHARGES THE WHOLE FAMILY CHEAP FOR WORK DONE WELL SO FAR. BUT NOW I HAVE TO REPLACE ALL THE SPARK PLUGS JE SAID THEY DONT COST MUCH ANY WAYS :)
I have a 2000 Licoln Ls and since i owned the car it's been nothing but problem after problem.I advise anyone don't purchase one unless you have a gazillion dollars to invest into it
Love my LS...only problems so far ...water resevoir had to be replaced due to crack..coil pack replaced....but I also have 93,000 miles on her...
The biggest problem witht lincoln ls is ford it self they only have one recall and more tsbs than one can count ford just walked away from this one and left it all on thecar owners back.Of they treat other cars like tis who would want a ford? It has more problems than all theother cars i have owned used in 40 years put together and it is the most difficult car to figure out ever.Very poor mechanicaly
We have had our 2000 LS since 2003, with no serious problems, until recently when the valve covers started leaking and oil seeped into the spaekplug wells. After 89,000 miles, I guess something should fail. This has been a great car!! Also was Motor Trend Car of the Year in 2000. Owner in Washington State
Check engine light constantly comes on. It rides sluggish. I just replaced the upper radiator hose on it. I rent cars to go out of town. I just dont trust my 04 Lincoln LS. Its a beautiful car. But thats it. It also sits pretty in my driveway. Only has 72,643 miles on it. I was told before I got one, that they were a piece of crap. The price for this model brand new, one would think its made high quality. Come to find out, engine parts are made out of plastic.
Rides hard. I can feel a constant vidration. The dealer said I was feeling the road. I am not sure I believe that.
I recently bought a 2004 Lincoln LSE. The ride is hard, even on the highway. I feel the road surface even if the pavement looks perfect. The tires are new and I am reasonably sure the tires and wheels are balanced properly. There is almost a subliminal constant vibration which being masked by the road variances. I have a 45 minute commute to work and I can’t wait to get out of the car.
Well well "STANKN" was bought about three months ago and it sits pretty in my garage!!! my dad bought it for me and it had the check engine light on.BAD MISTAKE!i can't get tags cause of that.it runs good now after $1000 tune up,coils replced, and a bunch of dry rotted hoses!air cond doesnt blow cold,feels like heat,and its throwing a code for the catalytic conv. The transmission jerks violently in rev and putting it in gear but when out of 2nd does good.theres also a bump in the tranny at15mph when slowing down.CAN ANYBODY HELP ME!!
THIS IS A CAR I ENCOURAGED MY DAUGHTER TO BUY, I HAD A TOWN CAR AND LOVED IT. BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER! EVERYTHING HAS HAPPENED TO IT1 ALL OF THE COILS, THE AIR CONDITIONER, THE COILS , AGAIN! THIS IS A MONEYPIT! NEVER AGAIN, NO WONDER LINCOLN DISCONTINUED. IS THERE A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THEM BECAUSE OF THIS CAR?
I HAVE A LINCOLN 2003 I LOVE THAT CAR HIS NAME IS SHAKA AND HE RUNS GREAT THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS CAR.