Porsche Reviews and Owner Comments

Porsche owners review and rate their Porsche.

Porsche (44 Reviews)
Overall
i have had about 25 different cars in my time, from jag's, to audi's, to benz, many American cars as well. this porsche is BY FAR the most fun to drive. it drives like nothing else. it can take turns like no other car i have ever driven. i have had very few mechanical issues. mileage is good at 25 on road, 21 in city. there are many great ones for sale & for around $10- $12,000 you can get a low mileage one in great shape, and for that money, it is a lot of car. be sure to service it as required. may be a little more to ride in, but to me it is worth every penny. the car never looks old. lines are classic porsche & timeless. car looks like it is going 100 miles per hour when it is standing still. i repeat it is a lot of car / fun for the money. go get one. you will see.
this is my third porsche boxster s....the 2013 is incredible...so many new features, bigger, stronger, quieter with all the bells and whistles...a very very sweet ride
I love my boxster and have made into a project, to get my 98' in perfect running order. First I bought it with 89k. Now 9 months later it has 99k. First I had a 90k inspection done. A small linkage on the front was replaced and a tube leak around the spark plugs. I had had several noises come from the starter, so I had it replaced. Next i made a mechanical insurance policy by having the IMS bearing replaced along with the rear main seal (known problems that can kill any porsche 1997-2008). While having the Trans out to do this repair I had the clutch replaced with only a parts bill since the clutch had to come out anywhey. They made note of cracking coils after this latest repair. 2300 miles later the car ran rough and I had it towed to the shop. And of course the coils went bad. Now the car runs better than ever and I am real happy. I now feel safe to drive this car anywhere. You could have a muscle car and never have any of these problems, but it would just be a car and not very good on windy roads, just good from a red light. On the road I get 25-30 mpg.
I have a problem openning the front truck, and the battery cable is unplugged. Can someone advise me what to do?
Purchased in '11 with problems relating to it's been not run. With gremlins kicked its now a great, fast, neutral handling, uncommon ride. Certainly good for a ticket, not bad on gas, wonderful tourer. Best for me is it easily fits 6-foot+ drivers which Boxsters/Caymans do not.
2002 Boxster. I bought my boxster S with 18K miles on it a yr ago and have driven 9k. The car looks great and i get a lot of compliments when I drive it. Unfortunately, I've had to replace the ignition switch, oil seperator, headlight(normal maintenance), stereo and i'm on my way to the to the mechanic to discuss pulling the engine to address a low oil pressure problem..........very disappointing.
I do not recommend buying a porsche unless you have money to burn.
I live in Dubai and bought this year a 2004 Cayenne Turbo. It's an amazing machine, even on long roads, the fuel consumption is ok (here the gas is still cheap) (so i am lucky to live here). The only problem i had was the check engine light that came up bcs a misfire. Pepople here like to challenge you at the trafic lights, and i can tell you the the majority could enjoy to see my tail lights and exhausts haha. The is and will stay an amazing machine with a lot of power.
BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED. Just flawess handling, 0-60 4.7 seconds, I take mine to tahoe all the time and is great in the snow, on the track or just going shopping.

Way to Porsche, keep up the good work. The 2012 is even better!!!

I've had the 2004 Boxster S for over a year, love it, can't say enough good things about it. I've had no problems what so ever with it.
the clutch would not release after i shifted,the fluid in the reservoir over flow
CLASSY AWESOME MONGREL BEAST.I have a 996 99'.electrifying in first,slingshot to the cosmos. allround charisma.
love it!

js
Sydn.Australia.
The 2002 Porsche 911 Carrera is an iconic classic. Designated as the 996 replacing the previous 993 in 1999, it is the first of the water cooled 911's. In 2002 the normalle aspirated flat six cylinder was uprated to 320bhp. These highly evolved sports cars put the power to the ground like only a rear engined Porsche can. The steering is the best in the business with brakes to match. This car can be put straight onto a race track and make good times. It is comfortable and easy to drive everyday. It actually has a back seat and a decent amount of storage and trunk space.
A fun car to drive. Lots of power and torque. I am a little worried that the clutch is harder to depress than the clutch in my last car but other than that it is tip top.
My 2007 Porsche Cayman is the most exciting car I've ever owned. I like it better than the new Corvette I had in 1994. It's not the fastest car on the street but it is one of the most maneuverable cars through traffic. On the highway you can forget driver's fatigue, it is comfortable and holds the road in all weather conditions at all speeds. The downside to this car is that it likes to go fast. The faster you drive the more responsive the car feels. Finally, the Porsche Club of America has got your back when it comes to things to do with your car and how to drive it well.
This is one tough 911. I loved driving it and wish I still had it. I sold this to get a Ferrari so I guess it was an okay deal.
Amazing machine. I wanted a 4 dr sports car that could carry more than 2 pp, totally reliable, quick and responsive, and safe. If this car could get 50 mpg, it could possibly be the best all around car in the Universe.
I purchased my 986S new in Dec 2002. I have owned 14 new-purchase German vehicles (Audi, VW, & BMW) since 1976 - this Boxster S is heads & shoulders above the rest in terms of performance (to be expected) and reliability. Other than an initial adjustment of the convert. top, installing speed bleeder valves, and a new battery at 5 yrs nothing other than annual maintenance has been required. Even all the bulbs & key battery are original and functional. My experience is pretty typical if the JD Power #1 rating for Porsche is accurate, and it likely is based on the experiences of my Porsche Club friends.
Fantastic. Porsche is like no other car manufacturor, from the way they treat you at the dealership to the small details of the car's construction, everything stands out as superior. We have had our Boxster for 6 months. It is our only car and we have put 10,000 miles on it in all conditions. It has been wonderful. It is dependable, beautiful, fast, and unbeleivably responsive. Driving this car was hard at first, because it is so quick to respond to all inputs. Now that we are accustomed to this car, driving other cars is hard. We remain totally thrilled with this car and highly recommend it.
Just bought it this year to see if I would like the turbo before buying a new turbo. $4500 in repairs later and I'm still impressed. It's going in to the local Porsche dealer tomorrow to resolve the front turn light problem (not the bulb).
Compared the 2004 styling to the new turbo and like the 04 styling better. Didn't like the Bat Mobile look of the 2010.
Once you drive it, you don't want to change it. Take this advice from someone who have changed around 30 cars so far. You will love Porsche for ever. I have a Boxster 10/1998 and I feel very happy about it. It never let me down so far.
I absolutely love driving this car, but compared to the other reviews left here, I must have gotten a lemon. I purchased my 2003 Boxster S convertible used two years ago with only 37K miles on it, and it seems like I have to sink $2,000 into it every few months. I only had it out of the shop for 10 days and It now needs a new clutch at $2500. I think I've put $7500 into this car in 2 years. So, buyer beware. I hope all other buyers have better luck than I have had.
I purchased this car at 77k miles over a month ago and I am very happy with it. I can't say too much to the mechanical reliablity since I haven't owned it long but the previous owner has had to have a few transmissions seals replaced and the engine was replaced under warranty it 30k. He has taken good care of it so I don't anticpate any issues. I have already taken the car on a road course type track and it did EXCELLENT! 4 20 minute intervals of hard driving and it had no problems. The car handles beautifully and has good power. I highly recommend one.
A little more power would exellent. The vehicle is great and lot of fun to drive. no real major problems with the car, handles beutifull, love the car .
Have had my 2002 Porsche Boxster for just over a month (2,000 miles now--about 50/50 highway to local roads) and I will now ALWAYS own some Porsche. Am already looking for another one...another variety of Porsche. :-) No problems. Dealer treats people differently than a Chevy or Ford dealer. Much higher level of respect. This Boxster (and I'd imagine all of them) handles amazingly well. The speed is frightening. It is tiptronic so I don't have a clutch, but it is flawless. Smooth shifts. Can always use that tiptronic to downshift as needed, but it does that automatically too. I've had it go 105 and it didn't mind that at all. I have noticed that if it doesn't get out now and then and go 75-80 it seems to hesitate a little at lower speeds. Must be some of that horse(power) getting bored. lol Buy one of these Porsche vehicles and you'll find reasons to take drives. I know that I have... In fact, it's time.
The finest car I've owned and driven. Makes my old SLK seem like a sedan. The Boxster S is pure joy form acceleration, handling, and braking. Seven years young and just hit 20k miles, but she is still showroom clean and never a single problem. Looks like I might have to put my first set of new tires on her before the winter. Not bad. : )
I just have problems after I wash the car I keep getting a misfire on the @2 piston. I love this car and can't explain what a ball it is to drive.
I spent a lot of $ getting this car repaired, but I love it. Had electrical issues, oil separator issues, and fuel pump problems
My all time favorite car to drive. People who refer to this as the poor man's Porsche are way off the mark. I've driven most Porsche models and the Boxster S is hands down the most fun. It begs to be driven hard and complains about other styles of driving.
IVE OWNED MY 97 BOXSTER FOR A LONG TIME I HAVE 80K AND IT RUNS GREAT. I HATE TO HEAR ALL THIS DISSATISFACTION WITH OTHER PORSCH OWNERS IF YOUR CAR FAILS YOU BRING IT TO A CERTIFIED DEALER, I HATE TO SEE PEOPLE WHO CAN'T AFFORD TO FIX THEM, DRIVE THEM, OF COURSE IF YOU DRIVE A PORSCHE WITH PROBLEMS THEY WONT GO AWAY ON ITS OWN. SO SAVE YOUR MONEY, TAKE IT TO A PORSCHE DEALER AND FIX YOUR PORSCHE THE RIGHT WAY. REMEMBER THIS IS A PORSCHE NOT A TOYOTA. THIS IS THE NUMBER 1 ENGINEERED CAR IN THE WORLD, IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT RIGHT, SELL IT. WHEN I DRIVE MY 97 PORSCHE IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE THE KING OF THE ROAD. YOU CAN TELL BY THE WAY PEOPLE DRIVE AROUND YOU THAT YOUR NUMBER ONE. I HAVE HAD MY COILS REPLACED BRAND NEW AND MY INJECTORS BRAND NEW AND MY WATER PUMP REPAIRED BRAND NEW. TOTAL COST $2800.00 BUT GUESS WHAT IT RUNS GREAT AND MY PORSCHE DEALER LOVES MY CAR. GO PORCHE.. DOMINICK
A German "muscle car", of sorts. Have had 2, and they are unbelievable fun.