Hummer Reviews and Owner Comments

Hummer owners review and rate their Hummer.

Hummer (17 Reviews)
Overall
My visor was taken down in my 2007 H2 Hummer and will not stay up now. It seems to clip in, but when turned it will not stay latched. I have researched the diagram from this particular year and the years after and the design changed in 2008. The newer designs use screws to secure the visor (which makes much more sense to me). This leads me to believe that the design itself is flawed. Especially since the design was changed the following year. The part looks the same as it did when it was taken down and is not broken in any way, but it will not stay clipped in. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
Three years since my last update, and still an AWESOME MACHINE.
the MACHINE IS ALMOST NINE YEARS OLD and kicking ass...
heater on driver side seat come on
Love the vehicle. Used to have an H1 as a company vehicle and fell in love with them. As a private buyer and not a business the H3 fit the bill. Not as bad on gas as I thought it would be, I am averaging about 19-20 MPG. I have taken it rock climbing and found it a very capable off road vehicle and I like the size and weight for in town and highway driving. It makes me feel safe and it still does stand out in a crowd...not many in town, so people can find by looking for the vehicle...LoL.
PS, I am actually in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada.
PPS...works great in the snow too.
I have owned 2 hummers H3;s Love the ride , love every thing about it. turns on a dime, don't have to plow,haha
but now when I turn it over it decides it won't. give it 5-10 minutes and it starts! what is up with this???? Susan
Check engine light came on sent vehicle to dealer to check out since onstar did a diagnostic check at my request. And informing me that there was a P0520 (emission sensor) and a P0442 (Oil Pressure sensing system). Dealer Quote 80413 worn shorted labor 2.5 hrs. verify customer concern diagnose found DTC P0106, P0520, p0442 set.check system circuit found DTC P0442 small evap leak set due to bad- O-ring seal inside gas cap. replace gas cap retest pass road test pass. 13 CPK 337.50
1 PCM-REMAN 410.32
1 CAP 41.40
The also check for a coolant leak
CREDIT ME FOR ANOTHER 2.5 HRS. FOR Diagnostic codes supplied by Onstar Dealer Quote (Pressure test coolant system found coolant leaking from radiator along Top of Radiator. Replace top off coolant. retest pass.
13 CPK 337.50
1 Radiator 413.51
1 Coolant 19.28
1 Fluid 7.07
AFTER GETTING MY VEHICLE BACK THE VERY NEXT DAY AIR CONDITION FAN JUST STOP !!
I figured that this was something they did guess what??
cost me another 485. for sensory for fan sensory unit.
my Hummer H3 true story.
Factory warranty ends at 80,000 my truck was at 80,413 over limit.

I bought my 2006 H3 Adventure pakage when it hit the market. For all of its faults, i dont consider anything else. Airaid filters make a big difference in power and milage. it is a fun ride, up high, safe, go anywhere.
Just bought this H3. Bought it for its weight (far better than the Colorado it is built on)and the full time 4WD. For the lead foots in your household--I have two, it keeps the car on the road, the tires off the curbs, and the back end from swerving into the opposing land. Still need more clearance for off roading. BUT IS IS CALLED A TACTICAL EDITION. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? NO TOP LIGHTS, AND BACKED OUT WHEELS IS ALL I SEE, NO CHROME. ANY HELP?
We bought this H2 new in the fall of 2005. It now has over 105,000 miles on it and continues to perform extremely well. The only problems we have had is that we've gone through a couple batteries and a minor suspension problem in the rear. This is a great vehicle that has been used for a variety of "hauling" applications and it continues to perform beautifully. The only down side is that the vehicle only gets 11 mpg (whether towing a load or not) and I would not recommend it to a driver 6' tall or greater that wants to be able to stretch their legs out (the seats just don't go back that far).
Great vehicle. Wouldn't drive anything smaller. Better gas millage than Dodge Dakota. Stands out in a crowd!
Purchased in Jan.2010 to be used as everyday driver and 25' boat hauler. Have not regretted trading in a perfectly good 2007 Acura MDX for it. I have added the nominal performance upgrades (exhaust, intake, chip) which certainly boosted power but no increase over stock mpg. 13mpg at best on highway. The 2008 + up model is the way to go for this brand - many improvements over 2007 and earlier. This is one kickass ride!
05 H2 SUT....GREAT DRIVING MACHINE....
Would buy another in a second...great vehicle.....Gets about 17MPG overall with standard driving with V8
Great car , love the overall ride and ability to go anywhere in any weather I feel safe driving this car difficult to see out the back . Drinks a little more gas then other cars in its class if your going to do a lot of driving this car will drink your wallet , My wife uses it for short commutes with the kids The repair cost and reliability are similar to my Jeep Wrangler . Its a fun car but its not very practical .
Over priced for what you get!
Very Good Vehicle.
Do not like the wind noise at freeway speeds- It is a brick in the wind.
100,000 miles and with custom exhaust & air filter get 16 mpg hwy & 14 in city and will go ANYWHERE if you know how to drive it.