Chevrolet Reviews

Chevrolet Reviews and Owner Comments

My 94'blazer has 269000 miles on it and it starts up every time it doesn't smoke or leak oil I'm sold on my Chevrolet's I have a 2008 Silverado W/T wouldn't trade it for 3 Ford's...when I bought this blazer it ran terrible I cleaned the throttle body changed plugs and wire's then adjusted the timing and it purrs like a new truck at 267000 I replaced the fuel pump and pick up screen,fuel filter and pump relay I put a little over $100 into it it will be around for a lot longer.
Fantastic car. My biggest complaint is with O2 sensors. I've put 4 of them in there within 2 years. Knock on wood but it's been a few years and no check engine codes. Some people act like they have a bum car if they got to put some money back into their car. You're gonna have to replace parts and the sooner you accept that the better you're gonna be. I have an 05 Chevy Cobalt and it is a great car. Besides the O2 sensors I've replaced: brakes, wipers, rotors, front/rear shocks, fuel filter, air filter, tires, headlights, turn signals, coil pack, sway bar links, map sensor, maf sensor and cleaned the throttle body. I do my oil at 3,000. At 10 years old my car runs like it is brand new. I just cleaned the throttle body and did the map and maf sensors and my transmission is like butter. You can't even feel when the transmission changes gear and the pickup is smooth and fast. You have to take care of your car and treat it like the investment it is. If you put no time and money back into your car then you deserve what you get when something goes bad. Put time and money into upgrading and improving and replacing parts and you'll have a car that runs better than the majority of 2 year old brand new cars.
Aside from poor gas mileage this vehicle has been pretty stable. I have replaced brakes/tires a few times. I have had water pump, battery, bushings, tie rods and rocker arm replaced. I have had two gas leaks due to two separate metal splits into and out of the gas tank. I now have 90,000 miles on it and its starting to rust pretty bad underneath. Pretty typical for a cheap car in Upstate New York.
i bought my 2500 HD new and had very few problems, until, I was leaving N T B after getting new tires and went a couple of blocks and the brake pedal went to the floor in heavy traffic. I drive for a living, so,I was able to stop using the E brake. After prying my but off of the seat ,I got out and brake fluid was pouring out from 3 locations under my truck. I was able to return to the tire place and they put it up on the lift and the brake lines were in horrible condition. This truck had between 64k and 65k when this happened[go figure] I spent 15 years turning wrenches for a living and I had heard about this problem on some older chevy trucks but REALLY brake line rusting thru on a vehicle like mine that sits in front of my house most of the year? I had always wanted a truck like my 2500 HD and still love it ,but, come on ,this looks like some body tried to cut costs by using cheap brake lines to save some money! I am certain if most other people had been in this situation it would have ended much worse than it did for me.Not to mention the $800.00 + dollars that I had to spend to have it repaired. very displeased and angry.
i bought my 2500 HD new and had very few problems, until, I was leaving N T B after getting nwe tires and went a couple of blocks and the brake pedel went to the floor in heavy trafic. I drive for a living, so,I was able to stop using the E brake. After prying my but off of the seat ,I got out and brake fluid was pouring out from 3 locations under my truck. I was able to return to the tire place and they put it up on the lift and the brake lines were in horrible condition. This truck had between 64k and 65k when this happened[go figure] I spent 15 years turning wrenches for a living and I had heard about this problem on some older chevy trucks but REALLY brake line rusting thru on a vehicle like mine that sits in front of my house most of the year? I had always wanted a truck like my 2500 HD and still love it ,but, come on ,this looks like some body tried to cut costs by using cheap brake lines to save some money! I beleive if most other people had been in this situation it would have ended much worse than it did for me.Not to mention the $800.00 + dollars that I had to spend to have it repaired. very displeased and angry.
i bought my 2500 HD new and had very few problems, until, I was leaving N T B after getting nwe tires and went a couple of blocks and the brake pedel went to the floor in heavy trafic. I drive for a living, so,I was able to stop using the E brake. After prying my but off of the seat ,I got out and brake fluid was pouring out from 3 locations under my truck. I was able to return to the tire place and they put it up on the lift and the brake lines were in horrible condition. This truck had between 64k and 65k when this happened[go figure] I soent 15 years turning wrenches for a living and I had heard about this problem on some older chevy trucks but REALLY brake line rusting thru on a vehicle like mine that sits in front of my house most of the year? I had always wanted a truck like my 2500 HD and still love it ,but, come on ,this looks like some body tried to cut costs by using cheap brake lines to save some money! I beleive if most other people had been in this situation it would have ended much worse than it did for me.Not to mention the $800.00 + dollars that I had to spend to have it repaired. very displeased and angry.
Bought a 2007 HHR to use as a tow car. It was sitting in our driveway, after taking grandkids to classes, and the interior just burst into flames. It had been sitting over an hour. The firemen and insurance company said it was electrical. WHY WOULD A CAR JUST BURST INTO FLAMES? Chevrolet is not interested in why this happened or the safety of its customers, or my family! I have contacted but they basically said since the insurance company was notified and the car was totally lost, it was now their car, NOT ours, and they would NOT check to see why this happened. It was our car when it burned up!! It was my family that was at risk riding in it! VERY DISAPPOINTED!
Beautiful vehicle, good truck! Minor wear and tear, except the gas gage has sporadic behavior after 50,000 miles. Looks good and still turns heads!
PROS: I've put all of the 209,000 miles on my Astro. Still doesn't burn a drop of oil and runs smoothly. I change the oil faithfully about every 4,500 miles. Still gets around 23 MPH highway. I don't ever recall having to align it. CONS: Replaced two alternators but made the mistake of using non-OEM the first time which lasted 13 months with 1 yr. warranty (of course). 2nd replacement was OEM from dealer and it's still going after a number of years. Replaced 2 AC compressors and very recently, the AC condenser. Transmission coolant line let go just before 200,000 miles. Still, with 209,000 miles, I have certainly gotten my $ worth and would buy another in a heartbeat if they still made them.
5.3 motor been using oil since day one. 31700 miles later and still using oil . change oil every 3000 miles. have records where g.m. changed my oil showing low on oil. use truck for pleasure only no heavy use.
There was a review regarding some issues. One was rear pistons do not work. Go to any of the major parts stores and get replacements. If you can not figure it out ask them to install them while you hold up the rear hatch. I believe about 25.00 each. The instrument problem is resolved for less than 250.00 Several sites explain how to put the steering wheel down, remove the instrument cluster bevel, remove 4 bolts, and send it in. They can also add a transmission temp tensor for 70.00. Rotors and pads are expected maintenance. Rear brakes are easy, except you would be best off renting a lift to get the caliper mounting bracket bolts loose. Once you break them free the rest is easy and cheap. About 150.00 for rotors and pads. For less than one month's car payment you can get most of the repairs taken care of. Just like the wife, a little LTC is cheaper than a divorce.
I also have the same problem with my 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 4.8L. Sent to shop to have oil sending unit replaced. They called and said it was installed but that wasn't my problem. He said it was my oil pick up tube an screen. Shop called 2 days later, I was expecting them to say it was ready for pick up but instead said that wasn't my problem an recommended motor replacement. I drive my truck to work an back which is 206 miles per day. No noise, knocking ,smoking or lose of power. I bought it new on dec 31, 2010. It's five years old with 130,000 miles on her. Does anyone know if this is a factory defect or if there is a recall on the oil pressure in the 4.8L V8 engines.
I've owned my current 2002 Tracker with a 2 liter engine and 5 spd transmission for over 7 years now. I bought it with 81K on and it was obvious it had been driven hard and put away wet when I bought it. BUT... the engine had no timing chain noise at start up (tell tale sign it needs a new timing chain, gear and tensioner kit) so I bought it. This was the 7th Tracker/Sidekick/Grand Vitara type vehicle I have owned since 1994. They are all essentially the same truck with minor badge differences. These vehicles are spartan in design and creature comforts, but they are durable and well engineered trucks that IF properly maintained will last through 300K miles, easily. The key to getting this type of long term use from these trucks is regular and PROPER maintenance, particularly when it comes to the oil changes and filters. The engines on the '99 and newer trucks have timing chains, hydraulic tensioners, and guides on them. The engines (both 2 liter and 2.5 liter are interference engines, meaning IF your timing chain fails, your engine will have valve damage because they will contact the pistons. You need to run 5X20 oil in them until they reach about 150K miles, then switch to 5X30 to account for slight bearing wear. DON'T buy cheap filters. Buy filters with the anti-drain back valves in them. The trucks will need a timing chain kit at or around 150-160K miles. Do it. Keep your diff, transmission and transfer case box gear oils changed regularly and your truck will carry you for hundreds of thousands of reliable miles. Don't perform the maintenance and you will experience the costs for repairs that lack of maintenance eventually costs everyone. The people who rate these trucks across the board as low quality, have either purchased a used vehicle which has not been properly maintained, then they experience the failure and repair expenses... OR the people buy them expecting them to have the creature comforts of a Denali, when they were never intended for that market niche. The air conditioners in these trucks are marginal at best. BUT if you have one replaced and you take your truck to a cheapee national garage chain to repair it... they probably aren't putting the 2-3 ounces of compressor oil in the pumps during installation and they burn up. A new compressor, installed on these trucks should never cost you more than $700 even at today's market prices. If you paid more... you got robbed and didn't do your homework. Don't complain about it being your truck's fault. I love my Tracker. It is reliable, capable and dependable. Not to mention it still gives me 24MPG on the highway even after all the modifications I have added to it such as higher differential gears, a rear mechanical locker, OME suspension, larger tire mud tires, etc. For a bare-bones little truck with basically just air conditioning and a radio, the hi-Lo transfer case enables it to go where some Jeeps cannot even travel. You can't find trucks of this quality on the market anymore. I'll keep mine. Thank you very much.
I would not buy another. In 12 years I have spent over 7000.00 in repairs and most of them I did myself. The transmission was done by others. Very poorly built truck. Everything is rusting out including brake lines and fuel lines. Only good side is the ride.
hahahah I just sold my S-10 to some kid in Michigan and I had to put duct tape on the radiator hoses because it was almost ready to explode. It was something like 5 degrees outside I felt bad but took the $10 he paid me for the truck and invested it in a couple of cold pabst blue ribbons at the indian casino and with $5 left I put it in the slot machine and got 1 million bucks!!! That chevy S-10 was the best truck I ever owned.
bought it new in 2008, the car is too heavy for the rotors so you find yourself replacing those a lot. power steering went out about 50,000 but thats a ele assist motor. replaced timing chains at 200,000 it now has 241,000 on it has some small issues going on with it, but I would not get rid of it
I love my 2000 Monte Carlo bought it in '02 now roughly got 235,245 miles. Oil always changed with 5w20 Synthetic and spark plugs serviced at 10,000 miles. The car is very reliable driven to California and Vegas the ride still solid and interior of car are like new. It has plenty of power love my Monte Carlo its a sporty car driving if Chevy brought back these cars again would buy another. Wouldn't sell or trade for nothing - ASAP its a good car than ever owned for me driving around town gets fully serviced at 5,000 miles.
Auto purchased in 2002 (new) @ Banner Chevrolet and till this day have been having problems with the Steering Shaft Knuckle which had to be repaired on numerous occasions. Other than that, the vehicle is in excellent condition. I have 109,707 miles. Love it.
I have an LT. The interior is leather. It has run perfectly for nearly 3 years, although I don't put high mileage on it. The only problem I've had is that I replaced the original intake with a cold-air intake and it wasn't mounted tightly enough. Be sure to follow the instructions as to shifting in and out of 4 Wheel Low. It is surprisingly nimble for so vast a vehicle. It is not as powerful, or at least it seems so, as older Suburbans; however, it's only a 327 c.i.d. so that's expectable.
I purchased my Chevy in 2014 with 96000 miles on it I've had a few issues with wiring in the fuse box under the hood now having issues with transmission not shifting in to 2nd gear I hear these trucks have a lot of wire problems
Bought a used 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ in December 2014. My Stabila track light comes on, then it hard shifts in 1st gear. Check engine light comes on now and then too. Have multiple sensors replaced, then the Camshaft sensor (1200.00), 4 weeks later it's doing it again. Now they want to replace the camshaft sprocket sensor for another $600. Burns a lot of oil too. We have no idea what is wrong with this truck. We are putting a lot of money into chasing down this problem. No idea what to do. Feel duped.
Bought this car with roughly 10k miles in 2013 since then I've had 1 recall for ignition and now needs sensors replaced, interior fabric looks cheap but the woodgrain dash is eye catching! Car has a bad blind spot that I had to get used to and to me it seems the car drinks a lot of gas! This is.my 4th Chevy and I think this has been the worst. I Dont foresee myself purchasing another one.
Looks like a cool car I would like to try out.
We actually just rented this thing for a family vacation. I had never been a fan of big vehicles till this one. it was so roomy, handled really well, pot holes and speed bumps did not faze this thing, its like they where not even there. Ran well fast response. I would recommend it.
We got this one brand new, for an economy car it has lasted us till now, I now finally had to do some big maintenance related things to it, the oil was starting to leak out and had to replace the water pump, radiator, and thermostat. ran with its original parts till now. 2015 great little economy car.
I love this car and it's performance as it looks more like a star fighter space ship, nice lines, etc. and mine is all black, all black interior with the dark light covers on the rear lights. 6 speed 5.7, but with nitrous (NOS)is more than I need. Lot's of custom upgrades for performance before I got it. Now engine light is on with poor performance so looking for info like where is OBD hookup? Seems like a plug or distributor problem (rough idle/poor acceleration with backfire) but there is no true distributor. Helpful hints on web are gas cap (but that won't cause backfire/poor performance?) or the two air injection check valves (where are those?)or PVC valve, the simplest solut6ion to start with. Custom air filters seem OK, but another thing that should be eliminated.
I am the original and only owner of my 2003 Chevy Tracker LT (2.5 ltr) model and now have 169,852 miles on it. I am very happy overall with this vehicle. At 155k did I start to have oil leak issues, stemming from my valve cover gasket. The only low mileage issue I had was the battery cables to the engine go out and that cost me $290. Other than wear and tear on brakes, no big issues. I change oil regularly and do not abuse the vehicle. The exterior paint is peeling off, and I noticed that at around 145k, but that depends on waether and how often it is washed/waxed, but really think it's just he way paint is. This suv has been extremely reliable!