» Chevrolet

Chevrolet Reviews and Owner Comments

Chevrolet Owner Reviews (70 reviews)
    Chevrolet Chevrolet Malibu Owner Reviews (see 78 reviews)
  • 2007 Chevrolet Malibu
    Visitor, Basehor, KS, October 16, 2014 03:05
    love this car. Has been a great car for the last seven years no work put in to it accept regular maintenance.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Aveo Owner Reviews (see 66 reviews)
  • 2007 Chevrolet Aveo
    CJS123, San tan valley, AZ, November 21, 2014 15:09
    I bought my 2007 Aveo 5 LS Hatchback in 2009, with 6125 miles on it (four of which were my test drive :) Overall I have been very happy with it though it did have it's first major issue at around 50,000 miles when the A/C compressor went out. Fortunately I purchased an extended warranty and all I paid was $100, instead of $1300 (P/L). The most recent issue is earlier this week the driver's door lock knob broke off in my hand; the fix will be $113. Last year the brake switch went out so I had no brake lights and had to put the key in the little opening and press down to get the car out of park. The fix was $104 (P/L). Prior to that the serpentine belt needed replacing in 2012 which was $106 (P/L). The gas mileage has been decent and it's a fun car to run around in; took a road trip to Grand Canyon and Petrified Forest National Parks and had fun zipping around. The seats could be a bit thicker, but overall it is a comfortable ride. I am concerned over the safety alert regarding the daytime running lamp switch/module that has been known to overheat and catch fire, and for which (they say) there is NO CURRENT FIX. The dealer said they don't know any more about it than I do--this does not inspire confidence. I only hope the car holds up--I buy cars to keep them as long as possible and the extended warranty will expire 6/2015 when the loan is paid off and the car is 8 years old. I am seriously considering buying an additional warranty, though I hate the thought of taking on a warranty payment when I finish with the car payments. For now,I still enjoy my 'peanut car' (I got a kick out of another poster calling it the same thing)--also known here as the copper penny, since I bought the 'burnt orange' color--great for the desert! I just realized there is a separate section for the Aveo 5, so I posted this there as well.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Impala Owner Reviews (see 65 reviews)
  • 2009 Chevrolet Impala
    Visitor, Sauk Rapids, MN, November 05, 2014 15:58
    I have less than 30,000 mi on my 2009 Impala. On-Star communication module died 1/2 thru 2200 mi trip. Would have been $550 to replace. Bought GPS instead for under $300. Upon arriving home, had local GM dealer look @ on-Star & offered to replace it for $300. They said after 5 years (no warranty), the computers in car can die. Said there are lots of internal computers. Few days after that, the car (w/only a 2-3 yr old battery w/5+ yr life)seemed to struggle starting and warning said auto-lights were on. We let car run & turned off auto-lights. A few days after that, same thing, but this time it said SERVICE AIR BAG. That light remains on. Auto book said to take it to dealer because it means air bag may not go off in a crash OR it could go off @ any time even w/o a crash. Less than 30,000 miles, well-maintained car and now internal computers & electrical equipment is failing???? Remember - 2009 impala had seat belt, air bag, & key ignition recalls. What's wrong w/GM cars these days?
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Reviews (see 61 reviews)
  • 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier
    Visitor, Livonia, MI, June 20, 2014 17:34
    Bad engine. Very expensive to fix at just 75,000 miles.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Reviews (see 59 reviews)
  • 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe
    Visitor, West Baldwin, ME, August 25, 2014 12:50
    Original owner with 225,000 miles. First major problem was today with the transmission. You read that correctly 225,000 carefree miles. Even the transmission work is only going to cost me 1,500 from a very trusted transmission shop. All other work is maintenance (batteries, tires, O2 Sensors, distributor cap, fuel filter, rotor, plugs, brakes, brake cable, etc.). I do have the craziest little problem. The back tail light board is the third one I have installed and it still acts up. The spring contacts just don't seem to work right. Drives me nuts have spent 15 hours over life of truck on just this one issue. Other little problems, many of the lights on dash (radio, a/c heat, etc.) have gone out. Passenger door needs to be locked manually. On the whole the interior durability does not match the drive train and exterior durability. Starting to see some eaten through rust spots (top of wheel panel and cargo door. I live in Maine so not surprising. Last few years I have also used the truck to plow my 900' driveway, plus friends 8 car parking area. Hard usage with lots of snow storms. It looks like I will be keeping this for another 2 -3 years because it runs great.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Reviews (see 59 reviews)
  • 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer
    Visitor, Rochester, MI, June 10, 2014 04:36
    I bought my new 4WD 2002 Chevy Trailblazer LS in 2001 and it's still on the road with almost 315K miles. I've had some work done to it over the years, particularly with the front end but everything still works including the 4WD, which I used a lot during this past severe winter. The straight 6 engine and differential gearing won't beat anyone off the line but it delivers enough power to pull a house off it's foundation. My hat's off to the Detroit engineers and all the assemblers who put this one together. If all of the autos would design and build cars that go 300K, everyone would win. Can any of the foreigns or domestics design and build autos that consistantly get to 300K?
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Owner Reviews (see 58 reviews)
  • 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
    Visitor, Cape Coral, FL, October 28, 2014 08:32
    My truck is a crew cab,short bed 4wd 5.3 Z engine.I bought this truck in late 2010 from original owner with 22k on odometer.Like the truck very much, wish it had disc brakes on rear.I don't understand why GM does that.Heater controls are difficult to use, if you want just fresh air it puts airflow on floor only.It has nice stereo and speakers with overhead rear tv screen.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Owner Reviews (see 54 reviews)
  • 2007 Chevrolet Suburban 1500
    Noel Ekud, Louisville, KY, March 09, 2014 16:07
    My 2007 had the rear differential go out 2 weeks after the 5 year build date. After 3 letters Chevy paid half. My dealer guaranteed for 23 months and 13,000. died after 13 months and 20,000. MY PROBLEM. Love the car but think I have a lemon. My Tahoe died at 136,000 and this turkey is 118,000 and is leaking again. I have a Ford in my future.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Reviews (see 48 reviews)
  • 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    Visitor, Dearborn Heights, MI, November 17, 2014 07:38
    this car has been a disappointment from the start ... brand new the brakes scrape and grind. they said it was sitting a long time that's normal they say.. a year in the steering wheel started with a clunking, they relubed it and said it fine , still does it , brakes still suck, car only has 30,000 miles on it...power steering started making weird noise , checked it and it was bone dry ?, no leak. checked radiator and it also was bone dry , no leak.. ????? and the worst part it has started rusting in rear wheel well in 2008 and my mother never took it in when it was under warranty, dumb move.. does not get driven in winter, never has , but she has rust.. I myself am a FORD GIRL heart and soul,all I ever owned is a ford .sorry chevy I think you suck but my mom doesnt..
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Colorado Owner Reviews (see 45 reviews)
  • 2008 Chevrolet Colorado
    Visitor, Stella Niagara, NY, April 04, 2014 07:59
    I had a problem with wet floor mats and discovered that the high level brake/cargo light seal had deteriorated and allowed rain water to enter the cab. Some of the bulbs had shorted out and were replaced at the time of repair. We had a time finding the problem because I thought the windshield was leaking but the fellow at the glass place told me that as I still had the original windowshield it was not likely the case. There is also an issue with wind noise caused by improper door alignment and rainwater seems to get into the drivers' side door when it is parked and will leak out when the door is opened following the rain.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Cobalt Owner Reviews (see 43 reviews)
  • 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt
    Visitor, Ceres, VA, February 16, 2014 18:51
    piece of crap chevrolet should be sued for selling this trash to people. Have bought my last two cars from them and have lost thousands of dollars and could have been killed. Will never buy anything else from them because they do not stand behind their products or warranties.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Owner Reviews (see 42 reviews)
  • 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
    billa333, Beacon Falls, CT, June 27, 2014 09:03
    I have the 6L gas engine and I have 79,000 miles on my Silverado and I really like this truck. I get compliments by many people and so far I did the brake pads twice I put in 2 new starters, had to replace the oil pump as well as the rear tailgate supports. The truck clanks now I think its the throw out bearing and it leaks small amounts of oil not sure from where and the transfer case leaks tranny fluid so I have to add fluid once a month or so and the blower only worked on 2 and from having to jiggle the wires for so long it melted the 2 wire clip so I have to hard wire it and only work on high That might be it but I still love this truck!! I get 10 mpg??
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Venture Owner Reviews (see 41 reviews)
  • 1998 Chevrolet Venture
    hogger, Knoxville, TN, October 20, 2014 17:04
    October 2014--bought my 1998 Venture in 1998. It had been used as a demo for 20,000 miles by the dealership. I drove this van for nearly 16 years. Many years and many miles, kept up the maintenance very well like I do on all vehicles. This is the best vehicle I've ever had. I hate to see that some others have had problems. I had a few small issues over the years, but only things that should be expected with age and wear & tear. I didn't even have to buy a new battery until 2012--how great is that? My workplace purchased 4 ventures and never had any problems during their time there (and they put a LOT of miles on them) I think this one is close to 200, 000 miles now and it's still running good. I bought an SUV in May 2014, but kept the van just because we love it. I may sell it one day, maybe not. :)
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Blazer Owner Reviews (see 37 reviews)
  • 1995 Chevrolet Blazer
    Visitor, Charleston, SC, June 23, 2014 11:30
    Mine was the half year Guinnee Pig not to mention the 666 in the vin# have a wonderful mechanic that has manufactured a part to fix the egr problem that these vehicles had... new computer and tune up with genuine GM parts...rossary hanging from the rear view...lol
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet S10 Owner Reviews (see 34 reviews)
  • 2003 Chevrolet S10
    Visitor, New Canaan, CT, August 04, 2014 16:02
    I got this vehicle with 98,000 miles on it, one year ago and I have nothing but problems. Brakes are so dangerous so I replaced all 4 tires, new brakes, new rotors and new calipers. Now the car is not safe to drive and mechanics are telling me it is a failed ABS system and that's after I had to replace the radiator(due to hole in it) and power steering had to be replaced. THIS CAR IS A DEATH TRAP AND A MONEY TRAP!!!! ugh Does anyone know any recalls on it!!! HELP
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Equinox Owner Reviews (see 32 reviews)
  • 2008 Chevrolet Equinox
    kheinle, Fairfield, MT, October 08, 2014 15:39
    Had the traction control issue for over a year. Many trips to the mechanics to find the problem. The problem was a connection on left side of the motor mounted on the frame. It had come loose. Now we have an oil pressure coming on and off.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Lumina Owner Reviews (see 31 reviews)
  • 1992 Chevrolet Lumina
    beltdriver, Prescott Valley, AZ, June 09, 2014 14:12
    We bought this '92 Euro from a woman who had it in her garage for 14 yrs with 103,000 orig miles on it! New tires, battery, plugs, fresh freon charge... Had it 2 years now, zero issues. Nicest older car on the road, drives perfectly, huge inside, quick on the street too! Love the 4 wheel disks and velour interior! Comfortable!! Bright red annoys wife but sure stands out in the parking lots around here! I never paid much attention to these cars when they were new but now I see them everywhere and no wonder... they're great to drive and alot of fun when you get a good one.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet HHR Owner Reviews (see 30 reviews)
  • 2007 Chevrolet HHR
    Visitor, Glendale, AZ, October 29, 2014 22:46
    Beside the ignition recall ( which is still not fixed) Lets see I was in there in April . I got a letter at the beginning of the month of Oct that the parts should be in and fixed by end of OCT . Here it is Oct 30th and still no call on when it will be done). Only complaint that the headliner had to be refoamed because of some rattling. Otherwise all is good . Mine is a 2007 and just turned 51,000. I had a bad battery under warranty, but mine has been good to me .
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Owner Reviews (see 28 reviews)
  • 1996 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup
    Visitor, Lima, OH, February 23, 2014 13:28
    when i frist start it it hit and try to start but i turn the key off and try again and hit till it start
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Corvette Owner Reviews (see 26 reviews)
  • 1991 Chevrolet Corvette
    Visitor, Capitola, CA, March 31, 2014 09:59
    Just trying to find out if installing a Pete Jackson dual idler gear drive in place of timing chain causes any problems with on board engine controls such as knock sensor
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Camaro Owner Reviews (see 23 reviews)
  • 2002 Chevrolet Camaro
    Visitor, Altus, OK, August 31, 2012 12:42
    I owned a 1995 z28 convertible a 2001 camaro SS and a 2002 camaro z28, ran them like crazy but always performed maintenance to them like the typical oil, trans fluids, tires, brakes stuff like that, no problems, was stuck in a blizzard in Montana with my SS and it stayed on the road fine and did not die while others were on the ditch line or stuck. these cars are under rated. Other than an occasional window motor going out no major problems, the car saved my life several times. I love them, best cars on earth in my opinion. I upgraded one with cam and all the bells and whistles and she still has been reliable for the past 2 years since the horse power buildup.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Uplander Owner Reviews (see 20 reviews)
  • 2008 Chevrolet Uplander
    Visitor, Hermitage, TN, September 04, 2014 18:19
    I bought this car in 2008, with 5,000 miles. The front passenger door parts (plastic handle) fell off the same month. The first year all of the engine lights started acting up (intermittently flashing and not accurate)and this could never be fixed. The first year the rear wiper also stopped working. In 6 years (80,000 miles) I have replaced the tires 5 times, replaced both axles and struts,break pads, replaced the entire heating/ AC system. Most irritating is after endless mechanics no one can really figure out the shaking (bad steel wheels causing the axles to bend?), or the grinding that always comes back usually only a month after being "fixed". I was told to get aluminum wheels and that "might fix" the the shaking and grinding once and for all. I'm afraid this car won't last me until I can get a new one early October. My sister in law coincidentally bought the same van the same year. She sold her's after 3 years. She was lucky to get out in time. What a problem. What a money pit. What a piece of s__#@!! Best offer, anyone????
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Astro Owner Reviews (see 17 reviews)
  • 1996 Chevrolet Astro
    Visitor, Virginia Beach, VA, January 10, 2014 18:02
    I have a 96 now used to own a 89 love them both 89 gave out on me com8ng from work but got my 96 that came with a body kit dont look bad at all and leather interor. Well i had to do normal work on her but now having a problem which i just found out today head gasket went out on me so all of our astro lovers know what that means MUD :-( so time to get to work and rebuild her:-) fun fun fun but she has a system in her and plan on adding more i love my van and plan on keeping her for ever even though she has 192k want her so roll over and still keep moving.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Owner Reviews (see 14 reviews)
  • 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500
    Visitor, Milwaukee, WI, December 16, 2013 14:12
    I have a 2006 Avalanche that the doors and tailgate keep freezing. If anyone have suggestions please let me know.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Caprice Owner Reviews (see 12 reviews)
  • 1994 Chevrolet Caprice
    Visitor, Jackson, MS, July 30, 2013 19:51
    I have a 1994 caprice and its the best car I have ever had. I have had a 1977 and 1980 and 1988 model and this is by far the best I have had. I have had it for almost three years and just the other week I had to replace the water pump, but before that and so far she ran and runs like a champ and purrs like a kitten, quieter than a sewing machine. so in love cant wait to put a little money in her and turn it into a street monster.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Owner Reviews (see 12 reviews)
  • 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx
    companeros568, Charlottesville, VA, November 14, 2014 14:03
    2005 Chevy Malibu Maxx LT - Review 14 Nov 2014... What sold me on it / why I bought it: 7 aid bags, gas mileage and back seat leg room/versatility of cargo area/hatch back… in that order. Purchased new in July 2005, w/all the extras… (
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Express 3500 Owner Reviews (see 12 reviews)
  • 2006 Chevrolet Express 3500
    Visitor, Cleveland, OH, April 18, 2014 09:44
    My Check engine light is on The following codes needs attention C004S C0283 C0228 P0056 Please Help! Help.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Tracker Owner Reviews (see 12 reviews)
  • 1998 Chevrolet Tracker
    Visitor, Holly Springs, NC, April 24, 2014 14:22
    I love my tracker which originally came from Michicagan.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Prizm Owner Reviews (see 11 reviews)
  • 2001 Chevrolet Prizm
    Visitor, Franklin, NH, November 29, 2012 13:59
    I bought this car used in 2003 and have put over 200,000 tough miles on it. It's still going strong on the original engine. Gas mileage is decent (although my old Geo Metro was much better). Have had to replace both front door locking mechanisms due to wear, which was expensive, $350-$400 each. And am having a little oil leakage. Other than that it's still in great shape even though I in no way baby it. I love this car as well as the fact that I haven't had to make a car payment since 2005. Wahoo!
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Express 1500 Owner Reviews (see 11 reviews)
  • 1997 Chevrolet Express 1500
    Visitor, Los Angeles, CA, March 27, 2013 22:36
    I went to have my van smog check but it failed due to bad O2 sensor Bank 1 sensor 3. replaced a new sensor but still having a note that read on the gauge panel: Service engine soon. What is your suggestion in order for the van to pass the smog check. Your recommendation is highly appreciated.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet G Series Van (G20) Owner Reviews (see 10 reviews)
  • 1992 Chevrolet G Series Van (G20)
    Visitor, Walsenburg, CO, February 04, 2014 12:41
    I just picked up my van last Aug. (2013) and love it. The only issues I am having is that when hot outside it vapor locks (I was told). It turns over but then dies, will restart but then dies. If I can get it rolling then it runs great and when not hot weather it runs great. There is a switch for turning off lights while doors are open but doesn't seem to work, so interior lights stay on when doors are open, not ideal for camping, fishing, etc. Have the V6 and hope to remove 2nd row of seats for more space and do some traveling. Any ideas about how to fix the vapor lock issue? Thanks
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet S10 Blazer Owner Reviews (see 10 reviews)
  • 1990 Chevrolet S10 Blazer
    Visitor, Elizabeth City, NC, January 13, 2014 11:08
    vehicle heats up to over 210 when driving down the road don't know why when idleing it drops below 210
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Impala SS Owner Reviews (see 9 reviews)
  • 2008 Chevrolet Impala SS
    Visitor, Salisbury, NC, February 08, 2014 20:51
    The 2008 ss impala is a effing money pit. I bought mine brand new off of the lift outside of the dealership. The intermittent slipping is a sure sign that your tranny is about to go. Chevy knows it sucks so it's like they train all of the workers to say they can't recreate the problem until it's gone. .... then $3000. Oh yeah then they start you all over again on the same road to destruction. Now she is about to throw a rod. You can tell from the noise of the beast that used to be your engine. They should issue a recall but instead they just want you to trade up to another bucket. I DO NOT CARE WHAT THE NEW IMPALA LOOKS LIKE OR HOW FAST IT IS. UNTIL I GET SOME PORTION OF MY MONEY BACK FOR THIS $30000 HUNK OF METAL CHEVY IS DEAD TO ME. Oh yeah forgot to mention the cheap Chinese parts in the dash that knock so loud your ears bleed. It's about $1800 bucks to fix those. There are maybe 5/6 of them and they act like they can't tell which one it is. And after you fix that stuff then you can fix the "regulators" in your door so that they may actually lock and unlock. DO NOT BUY. IF IT'S USED YOU ARE BUYING FINANCIAL DEATH
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Corsica Owner Reviews (see 9 reviews)
  • 1991 Chevrolet Corsica
    Visitor, Aurora, IL, February 21, 2013 12:23
    I buaght my 1991 Chevrolet Corsica in 1999. I have not had any trouble or problem with the car since I have owned it. I am still driveing it in 2013. The only design problem of the engine was the tendacy for the engine head to warp over time. Thus causeing the engine to leak anti freeze from the engine head. A replaced head and related parts took care of it. A well worth the money repair. The car has been a northern IL auto since I buaght it. the body and paint lasted in almost perfect condition up until around 2008. There are a few area's where corosion took hold. The lift point's. The rear wheel well's, inner and outer. And of course the rear fender lip's. The lower front body / door area. The engine's economy and ease of maintenance has been excellent. The interior and front seats are very well designed and have lasted in very good condition. I have driveing this car throughout the united state and back in comfort and confidence. I have removed the rear seats and everything out of the trunk for removeale of excess wieght removeal. I have kept a high quality tune up on the engine with aftermarket performance parts. The Corsica has provided me with exceptional fuel mileage and improved performance. I installed the largest performance tires that would fit onto the rim's. I will miss this car greatly when I have to retire it.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Lumina APV Owner Reviews (see 9 reviews)
  • 1996 Chevrolet Lumina APV
    Visitor, Battle Creek, MI, August 22, 2013 19:02
    I've had a 1994, 3.8 and two 1996 3.4. 1994 with 170000 miles when it was crashed when a person turned left in front of me and I couldn't stop, but I won. and with a busted front end, bent rad. I drove it home 40 miles. It turned out to be to damaged to repair, then I got a white 1996, a few years later hit a deer and smashed the front end. so I got a green 1996. my son repaired the white one so I drove that one 360000 until I was having many problems. now I'm back to the green one. but it only has 140000 miles so I a lot of miles to go
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Reviews (see 8 reviews)
  • 2013 Chevrolet Avalanche
    Visitor, Wildwood, FL, March 11, 2014 16:46
    I have cracks in the dashboard and brackets holding dash just worked themselves free.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Traverse Owner Reviews (see 7 reviews)
  • 2010 Chevrolet Traverse
    Terryman, Broken Arrow, OK, November 07, 2014 14:25
    lacks alot of power. had this vehicle for 4 months and it has been and the shop once every month. Too many problems with this SUV. Mainly driving and performance issues.Looks great has gadgets but not dependable vehicle.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Owner Reviews (see 7 reviews)
  • 1994 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup
    Visitor, Bloomington, IL, April 26, 2012 12:43
    HAD THIS TRUCK FOR 2 YEARS, RAN GOOD FOR A WHILE. NOW THE BIGGEST PIECE OF CRAP I EVER OWNED. NO MECHANIC CAN FIGURE OUT WHY IT DIES WHILE DRIVING OR WONT REMAIN IDLE. NEXT TRUCK I BUY WILL CERTAINLY BE A FORD. CHEVY SUCKS !!!
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Suburban 2500 Owner Reviews (see 7 reviews)
  • 1991 Chevrolet Suburban 2500
    Visitor, Las Vegas, NV, January 13, 2012 10:49
    my suburban is beasted to a 5 foot lift kit 22in metal mulisha rims a 454 big bloch its maroon red with the roof cut out and replaces with a leather top that can be removed when needed i have a 1inch thick steel bumped on the front and back equiped with wenches i love my 1991 4wd 2500 k-5 series suburban
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Aveo5 Owner Reviews (see 6 reviews)
  • 2007 Chevrolet Aveo5
    CJS123, San tan valley, AZ, November 21, 2014 15:03
    I bought my 2007 Aveo 5 LS Hatchback in 2009, with 6125 miles on it (four of which were my test drive :) Overall I have been very happy with it though it did have it's first major issue at around 50,000 miles when the A/C compressor went out. The fi was $1300 P/L, though I paid $100 and the rest was covered under the extended warranty. This week, the driver's door lock knob broke off in my hand. The repair will require the door being taken apart; total cost $113. Last year the brake switch went out so I had no brake lights and had to put the key in the little opening and press down to get the car out of park. The fix was $104. The serpentine belt needed replacing in 2012; $107. The gas mileage has been decent and it's a fun car to run around in; took a road trip to Grand Canyon and Petrified Forest National Parks and had fun zipping around. The seats could be a bit thicker, but overall it is a comfortable ride. I am a bit concerned over the safety alert regarding the daytime running lamp switch/module that has been known to burst into flames and for which (they say) there is NO CURRENT FIX. The dealer said they don't know any more about it than I do--this does not inspire confidence. I only hope the car holds up--I buy cars to keep them as long as possible and the extended warranty will expire 6/2015 when the loan is paid off and the car will be 8 years old. I am seriously considering buying an additional warranty, though I hate the thought of taking on a payment for that when I finish with the car payments. For now, though, I still enjoy my 'peanut car' (I got a kick out of another poster calling it the same thing)--also known here as the copper penny, since I bought the 'burnt orange' color--great for the desert!
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Owner Reviews (see 6 reviews)
  • 2013 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD
    Visitor, Avon, CO, April 17, 2014 07:46
    2013 Duramax 3500 work truck. Bought by public utility company. Truck had "low coolant" "washer fluid low" on since new. At 25,000 miles truck died on side of road. "reducing engine power" message. Truck has been at stealership for 6 weeks now! "It will be ready tomorrow" for weeks. Bullshit. I would never buy one of these. Dealership is Chevy dealer in Silverthorne Colorado.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet 3500 Pickup Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 1990 Chevrolet 3500 Pickup
    Visitor, Tyler, TX, September 03, 2014 15:26
    Overall it's been a good truck the problems are these, radio, did replace hydroboost, driver side seat padding failed early, power window motor replace, oil pan gasket, valve cover gaskets but again overall its been a reliable and good driving truck with the 454 and automatic, the engine and chassic have around 160 thousand miles and have been worked on for dependable service.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Cruze Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 2012 Chevrolet Cruze
    Visitor, Ludington, MI, March 15, 2014 13:47
    manual transmission third gear went out at 28000 miles then at 28300 clutch burned up going down the expressway ??? trunk kept popping open on its own. but they did fix that. when stopping at traffic lights the guages peg and radio turns up on its own. This car is a peace of $^!T!!!!!!
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet G Series Van (G30) Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 1992 Chevrolet G Series Van (G30)
    Eric Pete, Newton Falls, NY, July 02, 2013 05:03
    I own a G30 Extended Van with HD emissions. It runs great and have had little problems with it. The biggest problem is Rust. Though the main body from about 1 foot up is in great shape the bottom rockers and panels are rusted out. I am in the process of replacement. The 350 HD engine is simple to work on and has plenty of power for a big horse like the one ton extended. A 7.4 would be even better. I have only done "maintenance work to it like oil, lube, O2 sensor...to it. The interior has held up great, though the carpet is in need of being replaced due to heavy hauling and grease. Over all, a good truck!
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Cobalt SS Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS
    Visitor, Elizabethtown, KY, June 17, 2013 13:58
    MY CARS PROBLEM THE LOW FUEL FLASHES DINGS AND NOONE OF THE GAZES WORK THE SPEED OMITOR OR RPM GAZE THEN THE ABS LIGHT FLASHES AND I HAVE NO POWER STEERING
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Metro Owner Reviews (see 5 reviews)
  • 2000 Chevrolet Metro
    Visitor, Lake Elsinore, CA, November 16, 2012 20:29
    I bought my 2000 Chevy Metro in 2010. I love my car, never had any trouble yet. The trunk is pretty good size, my husband's wheelchair and walker fit perfectly. Gas mileage is great, I would love to find another Chevy Metro when and if this one wares out before I do.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Express 2500 Owner Reviews (see 4 reviews)
  • 2006 Chevrolet Express 2500
    Visitor, Struthers, OH, January 29, 2013 14:55
    have 115000 miles not one problem
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Silverado SS Owner Reviews (see 4 reviews)
  • 2005 Chevrolet Silverado SS
    Visitor, Brunswick, GA, January 16, 2013 09:34
    Own a 05 ss after a year had to replace both front wheel bearing out of my own pocket, expense!! Other then that love my truck
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Beretta Owner Reviews (see 4 reviews)
  • 1995 Chevrolet Beretta
    thump1stdamien, Thomson, GA, July 07, 2014 04:56
    I love this car. you hafta stay on top of the maintenance tho.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Owner Reviews (see 3 reviews)
  • 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
    Visitor, Newnan, GA, January 29, 2012 11:25
    I bought my 2000 Silverado 2500 HD when it was a year and a half old with a little over 5000 miles. I now have 58,800 miles on it and still pull my 5th wheel RV with it. It still has the original brake pads which are about half worn. It also still has factory exhaust. The most major problem I've had was electrical, blowing the brake fuse (found worn wire under steering column where it goes through the dash. Caused by tilting the steering wheel. The protective cover around the wire bundle is fastened by velcro and came loose, letting the wire rub. You may want to check this).
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD
    Visitor, Stayton, OR, June 26, 2014 21:22
    The speaker have fallen apart on the passenger side in the door and the sound quality was poor from the start. The lights for the heater switch fail right after the warranty ran out. The first problem was the front wheel bearings they went bad within the first 20,000 thousand miles, shortly after the O2 sensors failed twice and were replaced under warranty.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Volt Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 2013 Chevrolet Volt
    Visitor, Fishers, IN, June 07, 2013 13:35
    I purchased my Chevy Volt in October of 2012 at Blossom Chevrolet in Indianapolis, Indiana from Martin McNeelan and am simply in-love with this car. Especially since gasoline cracked the $4.00 barrier recently. Sure makes the price of the Volt a real bargain now and the fact that I've only visited a gas station three (yes-3) times in eight months now for fuel. The Volt handles like a sports car, and being able to set it into "Sports Driving Mode" on-the-fly allows me to take advantage of the electric motors virtually unlimited torque and put the folks to shame who thought that they could out run me from a dead stop. - It's really fun!!!
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    Visitor, Gretna, LA, May 04, 2013 11:01
    I WAS DRIVEING ABOUT 40 M PER HOUR WHEN THE ENGINE STOP AND LOCK UP IT GAVE NO WARING MY 2003 ZO6 IS DOWN
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Avalanche 2500 Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500
    Visitor, Spanish Fort, AL, December 02, 2012 17:17
    good vehicle didnt think I would like it so much stepped down from a 2500 suburban 6.0 and dont miss it.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Owner Reviews (see 2 reviews)
  • 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500
    dodge98mpt, West Bridgewater, MA, February 03, 2010 20:30
    i work with this truck but the electrical system sucks Too many problems but great work truck diesel motor and tranny
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Celebrity Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 1990 Chevrolet Celebrity
    Celebrity Pete, Kansas City, MO, March 30, 2010 08:23
    I own the Eurosport stationwagon. The third row of seats gives seatbelts for eight so hauling our Boy Scouts is no problem. The 3.1 v-6 delivers plenty of torque and gets very reasonable gas mileage; close to 30mph if driving conservatively. On days while by myself, I enjoy the quick ratio rack and pinion steering and firm suspension. This car handles trail breaking very well so I enjoy agressive turns, too. The body style is timeless and vehicle entry is very easy. Visibility is great. I have a receiver hitch and pull a small trailer to haul Troop gear and hardly feel it is back there. The odometer quit about 13 years ago but I estimate there is about 320,000 miles on my car.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Spark Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 2013 Chevrolet Spark
    Visitor, Bluffton, IN, August 21, 2014 18:41
    I had a 2013 Chevy Spark with 25,000 miles which used 2 and a half quarts of oil from Indiana to Gulf Shores Alabama. it did same on the back home also. Other people are also having issues with oil uses on some blog sites. I also received a recall letter from GM for my air conditioning could fail.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid
    Visitor, Kearneysville, WV, December 12, 2013 11:29
    I purchased a 2007 chevy 1500 Silverado hybrid. this truck has had the 300 volt batteries replaced, the transmission and now the generator has burned up. the electrical smell and light smoke got in the cab. dealer wants $5000.00 to repair. I think I have lost my love for a chevy vehicle
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid
    warwagon, Pensacola, FL, August 10, 2009 19:28
    Very pleased with the Tahoe Hybrid. Have had it about 17 months and have had no problems. I have had one recall that did take longer than expected because the dealership was not real familiar with hybrids. I get about 20.6 mpg on mine. That is with a fair amount of high speed highway driving which pulls down the average a good deal. In town, I estimate close to the 22 mpg they report. This is much better than the first generation hybrid GMC I had and this has a much smoother transmission. My wife has a lexus RX and we generally ride in the Tahoe for comfort and nearly the same MPG's! Only manufacturing problem that I have had was a driver's side door lock that occasionally has a rattle from a slightly poor fit, this only occurs in cold weather and on rough roads. The times that I have brought it in for routine service it has not been cold so of course no rattle.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 2010 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1
    Visitor, San Antonio, TX, December 16, 2010 07:10
    Experiencing clanking rr tire area when turing into a graded drive...dealer can find no fault?? Concerned about future problems resulting from this unknown noise and safety concerns at high speeds...
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Malibu Eco Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco
    Visitor, Lakeland, FL, August 03, 2013 12:22
    It`s a wonderful driving and I like what items came with the ECO. I had two lock up`s because of the battery. the first time I drove the car off the lot, It died on me one hour after buying three weeks It locked up again. I hope the new part from recall works. The service is great and I love the car, The ride less noise from the road is great. Yes I will buy again.
  • Chevrolet Chevrolet Trailblazer SS Owner Reviews (see 1 reviews)
  • 2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer SS
    Visitor, New York, NY, July 21, 2011 18:48
    great car just needs a little tweaking when warranty is up and better brake response.