Chevrolet Reviews

Chevrolet Reviews and Owner Comments

I bought my 2006 HHR new in May 2005. It's served as a first car for two teenage sons. They each drove it pretty hard. It is still a daily driver for my wife and another son. Currently it has 250,000 miles on it and starts and runs well. In the past 11 years I replaced the front rotors 2x, the battery once, the starter 2x and replaced the cheap plastic door handle once. Overall the car has been excellent.
Had to replace wheel sensor for stabiltrack at 3000 miles not covered under warranty! &725.32 and same problem showed up at 40000 miles, not replacing this time!!!!

$10.00 Quart of oil every 1000 miles, Chevy replaced 1 (ONE) piston, gasket and timing chain!

Runs worse then before, idles at 500 rpm and has no get up and go,,, funny still has the same problem!

I will NEVER buy another Chevy again!!!!!!!! Am now trading it in for a foreign made car~
At around 40,000 miles everything started falling apart. Moisture accumulated in the headlamp area, causing me to have to replace the bulbs every year. Have to replace at dealer because entire grill has to come off to replace. Cost of approx. $75.00 per bulb. Mirror covers on both visors broke off within the first couple of years (I do not have any small children, broke just by opening them). Leather seats ripped on side of both driver's and passenger's seats. Turn signal lever broke at around 60,000 miles. Electric door locks started going at around 50,000 miles, first driver's side, now rear and front passenger sides both out. Cost to replace approx. $375 each. 85,000 miles the heater started smelling and pushing steam into the vehicle. Steam coming through all vents. Service stabilizer light came on around 70,000 miles and went off next day. Came back on a couple of times a few months part. Check engine light then came on. Had to replace EGR valve. So far service stabilizer light has stayed off but it has only been one week. The air conditioning does not stay on when you shut the car off. When you turn the car on, you always have to turn air back on. This was my FIRST and will be my ONLY GM vehicle. I had a Ford Expedition with 226,000 miles on it that I didn't have nearly the trouble with. My Equinox only has 95,000 miles, but like I said, the trouble started around 40,000 miles, except moisture in headlamps, that started almost right away. I did ask GM to repair because I have seen several others with the moisture and it seems to be a defect, but they refused.
found out i had multiple issuses. two ground wires broken. coil broke inside. now running fine.
I bought my 2011 Malibu lt1 with under 70k miles squeeky clean car fax well maintained always on time maintiance a couple days ago I LOVEEEEE IT. I traded my 2007 chevy impala ls for it. The small issue I have is I dont like the looseness in the steering the smallest steering wheel turn wow the car goes there. Steering is extreamly sensitive. And I so wish it was a v6 or v8 and not a 4 cyl. Car. Other then that SOOO MUCH ROOM SUPER STYLISH AND FUN!!!!! VERRRRRRRY reliable !! And safe!!!
Having been a Camaro driver for years 1980, 1984,1985 and recently 2002. These cars are extremely reliable. A real Camaro lover takes care of their cars and understands these cars are a good investment as far as cars go. So much I just purchased a 2002 to slightly restore. I feel good about spending money on these cars as I know I will see more of my money back than just any make model car. Love these cars
This is the worst vehicle ever made. It's worse than the ford pinto, the Chevy corvair ( which is exactly what this piece of garbage is like ). I repair one thing and an hour or less later something else goes wrong. I keep hoping the thing would catch fire most of the time. It always breaks down when it is cold outside also. I will never buy another GM product again.
I am 57 yr's old and always drove a Chevy but my 2003 Chevy Trailblazer is a big disappointment to me, on Chevy's part. If it is'nt one thing it is something else. I am going to get this POS running the best I can and it is going to another fool like me for buying it in the first place.
Bought a used 2011 Aveo LT with 30 thousand miles. Overall, the car performs as a compact front wheel drive car does. The mileage is average and comfort is at bare minimum. Tire pressure indicator always lit: annoying... seat belts that refuse to retract properly causing the door to bounce off the buckle half the time instead of just closing: aggravating... The check engine light indicator that stays lit for no apparent reason: Infuriating!!! When driving at 65 and over, beware of strong winds... On the road, in a split second I was literally jerked into the next lane by a strong gust of wind. But other then that, it's not a bad little car.
I have a 2008 Silverado crew cab W/T that was ordered with every option except cruise control The only problem I have had is the front passenger door lock actuator went out just after the warranty was up so I ordered a replacement from parts geek.com and replaced it myself. I can't complain it has 86,893 miles on it now and still getting great mileage for a V-8 I think I will keep this one for as long as possible I usually get a new one after five years but this one only cost me $18,000 at the end of 2008 and it still looks new
A comfortable car delivering good fuel economy, low tailpipe emissions, excellent cargo space and reasonable reliability. Despite restyled Malibu models, GM continued to produce this car as a classic model due its desirable size and economy. GM had achieved consistency in manufacturing quality with this model. Virtually all 1999 3.1 liter J-code Malibu's exhibited the same component failures such as brake problems, leaking intake manifold gaskets, air conditioner control head failures and many more The interior of these cars was better finished than newer models of the Malibu and held up well over time. The clear coat pain was also improved from prior years delivering nearly 15 years of durability before burnout. Despite improved quality over prior GM models, Malibu durability in the long run was still lacking with most ready for the scarp yard at or before 150,000 miles.
I had nothing but constant problems with my vehicle. I purchased in it 2011. Got rid of it in 2015 4 years later. 1000 invested but continued problems. oil pressure sensor failed, car stuck in park , it would not shift out of park position, service air bad light, traction and stability control has been my worse problem cause the engine ti reduce power. It stopped on my husband as he was on a n incline in the middle of the street. The car would accelerate when he pressed the gas. The traction control and stability control lights comes on continually. Every 3 minutes of driving. The transmission started to go bad. Rear defroster stopped working. I would NEVER by this car again! Nothing but expense problems. Then final straw was failing transmission and air bags.
Bought my 2006 Trailblazer in 2010/2011 with 68k miles on it and initially liked it (first two years), but four years later (127k miles) nothing but trouble. This Chevy is a piece of JUNK IMO. Terrible design, cheaply built, junk parts, etc. I get it the vehicle is almost 10 years old, but come on. Does every part HAVE to be designed to fail after 100K when you pay 30+ thousand dollars brand new? ridiculous!

I am going to think long and hard before buying another GM product when the time comes and warranty will be EVERYTHING important as the brand. This is the second GM vehicle I've owned (I'm 35) and as soon as they hit 100k it seems like you might as well buy a second one and rotate them back and forth to the shop. TONS of costly repairs in my experience. Let me list a few for perspective buyers who are thinking about buying this vehicle used (they stopped making TBlazers back in 2009).

Remember these are issues and parts I've had to replace in just the past two years. Replaced: 2 Water pumps (AC delco thing probably a lemon), fuel pump, 2 hub bearings, ac condenser unit & compressor, 2 ignition coils, windshield wiper pump and failed door locks).

Issues I'm currently having: malfunctioning interior lighting, rear stereo speakers malfunctioning & shorting out, rear defrost totally failed, leaky intake manifold, leaky radiator and malfunctioning alternator. There are a few other items I can't think of at the moment, but you get the picture. This vehicle has cost me THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of dollars the past two years and it has been on thing after another. OEM parts suppliers and dealerships are making a fortune off people who keep these beastly vehicles outside of the warranty period.

Performance wise it gets terrible fuel economy (even for an SUV/truck at barely 14 mpg with a 6 cylinder engine), features a clunky prehistoric era transmission, terrible uncomfortable seats typical of GM vehicles (not sure how they can't figure this out) and the list goes on. I'm disappointed and not happy. This might be my last GM product.
I love everything about the truck except the motor. We bought our 2010 in July 2014 with factory warrenty by November 2014 we started to have oil problems. By March 2015 they did rings and pistons , I asked for a new motor but the dealer said that coukdnt be done. Found out the warrenty people said it should have been done. Now its in the shop again with a knocking and no warrenty.
bought mine for $500.00 7 years ago. ran great till now. it has 237,000 miles on it.

the coil pack is not getting juice. just stop working in the rain on 95 south. it rumbled then stop working.

my neighbor jumped the pack from the battery does not start up.it cranks but does not fire up.

i replace the coil. but does anybody know if this year uses fusable links? any help appreciated.
vicmagpa1@yahoo.com.
thanks!
My husband and I have been ALL OVER the US in our Malibu and I'm constantly amazed at how well it's held up to so much use (and abuse).
It now has almost - 3 1 5,0 0 0 - miles on it and we're finally having to deal with the electrical issue that seems to have so many owners frustrated with replacing one part after another. The issue that's forced us to have to finally do something about it is the hazard/turn signal problem, which I'm hoping will be resolved along with the various lights that are not working, the AC fan not working on lower speeds, the cig lighter constantly blowing it's fuse, and worst of all, the car occasionally just dying while driving down the road.
I've come to believe these may all be caused by a single issue after reading this comment about the AC fan...

"As a service advisor working at a GM dealership for 9 years, I have seen this problem more times than I can count. In my experience, the blower resistor shorts out due to an open in the pigtail harness. A lot of mechanics don't bother to troubleshoot the resistor failure, they just replace the component and move on. Unfortunately, the wire harness has to short several resistors before the mechanic starts to see that something is wrong."

... and discovering all our issues can be traced back to the ignition and wiring in the steering column.

So wish me luck, because even with the problems I just mentioned, we still wouldn't hesitate to load up and drive across the country again.
Overall a great truck and daily driver
My 94'blazer has 269000 miles on it and it starts up every time it doesn't smoke or leak oil I'm sold on my Chevrolet's I have a 2008 Silverado W/T wouldn't trade it for 3 Ford's...when I bought this blazer it ran terrible I cleaned the throttle body changed plugs and wire's then adjusted the timing and it purrs like a new truck at 267000 I replaced the fuel pump and pick up screen,fuel filter and pump relay I put a little over $100 into it it will be around for a lot longer.
Fantastic car.
My biggest complaint is with O2 sensors. I've put 4 of them in there within 2 years. Knock on wood but it's been a few years and no check engine codes.

Some people act like they have a bum car if they got to put some money back into their car. You're gonna have to replace parts and the sooner you accept that the better you're gonna be.

I have an 05 Chevy Cobalt and it is a great car. Besides the O2 sensors I've replaced:
brakes, wipers, rotors, front/rear shocks, fuel filter, air filter, tires, headlights, turn signals, coil pack, sway bar links, map sensor, maf sensor and cleaned the throttle body. I do my oil at 3,000.

At 10 years old my car runs like it is brand new.
I just cleaned the throttle body and did the map and maf sensors and my transmission is like butter. You can't even feel when the transmission changes gear and the pickup is smooth and fast.

You have to take care of your car and treat it like the investment it is.
If you put no time and money back into your car then you deserve what you get when something goes bad. Put time and money into upgrading and improving and replacing parts and you'll have a car that runs better than the majority of 2 year old brand new cars.
Aside from poor gas mileage this vehicle has been pretty stable. I have replaced brakes/tires a few times. I have had water pump, battery, bushings, tie rods and rocker arm replaced. I have had two gas leaks due to two separate metal splits into and out of the gas tank. I now have 90,000 miles on it and its starting to rust pretty bad underneath. Pretty typical for a cheap car in Upstate New York.
i bought my 2500 HD new and had very few problems, until, I was leaving N T B after getting new tires and went a couple of blocks and the brake pedal went to the floor in heavy traffic. I drive for a living, so,I was able to stop using the E brake. After prying my but off of the seat ,I got out and brake fluid was pouring out from 3 locations under my truck. I was able to return to the tire place and they put it up on the lift and the brake lines were in horrible condition. This truck had between 64k and 65k when this happened[go figure] I spent 15 years turning wrenches for a living and I had heard about this problem on some older chevy trucks but REALLY brake line rusting thru on a vehicle like mine that sits in front of my house most of the year? I had always wanted a truck like my 2500 HD and still love it ,but, come on ,this looks like some body tried to cut costs by using cheap brake lines to save some money! I am certain if most other people had been in this situation it would have ended much worse than it did for me.Not to mention the $800.00 + dollars that I had to spend to have it repaired. very displeased and angry.
i bought my 2500 HD new and had very few problems, until, I was leaving N T B after getting nwe tires and went a couple of blocks and the brake pedel went to the floor in heavy trafic. I drive for a living, so,I was able to stop using the E brake. After prying my but off of the seat ,I got out and brake fluid was pouring out from 3 locations under my truck. I was able to return to the tire place and they put it up on the lift and the brake lines were in horrible condition. This truck had between 64k and 65k when this happened[go figure] I spent 15 years turning wrenches for a living and I had heard about this problem on some older chevy trucks but REALLY brake line rusting thru on a vehicle like mine that sits in front of my house most of the year? I had always wanted a truck like my 2500 HD and still love it ,but, come on ,this looks like some body tried to cut costs by using cheap brake lines to save some money! I beleive if most other people had been in this situation it would have ended much worse than it did for me.Not to mention the $800.00 + dollars that I had to spend to have it repaired. very displeased and angry.
i bought my 2500 HD new and had very few problems, until, I was leaving N T B after getting nwe tires and went a couple of blocks and the brake pedel went to the floor in heavy trafic. I drive for a living, so,I was able to stop using the E brake. After prying my but off of the seat ,I got out and brake fluid was pouring out from 3 locations under my truck. I was able to return to the tire place and they put it up on the lift and the brake lines were in horrible condition. This truck had between 64k and 65k when this happened[go figure] I soent 15 years turning wrenches for a living and I had heard about this problem on some older chevy trucks but REALLY brake line rusting thru on a vehicle like mine that sits in front of my house most of the year? I had always wanted a truck like my 2500 HD and still love it ,but, come on ,this looks like some body tried to cut costs by using cheap brake lines to save some money! I beleive if most other people had been in this situation it would have ended much worse than it did for me.Not to mention the $800.00 + dollars that I had to spend to have it repaired. very displeased and angry.
Bought a 2007 HHR to use as a tow car. It was sitting in our driveway, after taking grandkids to classes, and the interior just burst into flames. It had been sitting over an hour. The firemen and insurance company said it was electrical. WHY WOULD A CAR JUST BURST INTO FLAMES? Chevrolet is not interested in why this happened or the safety of its customers, or my family! I have contacted but they basically said since the insurance company was notified and the car was totally lost, it was now their car, NOT ours, and they would NOT check to see why this happened. It was our car when it burned up!! It was my family that was at risk riding in it! VERY DISAPPOINTED!
Beautiful vehicle, good truck! Minor wear and tear, except the gas gage has sporadic behavior after 50,000 miles. Looks good and still turns heads!
PROS: I've put all of the 209,000 miles on my Astro. Still doesn't burn a drop of oil and runs smoothly. I change the oil faithfully about every 4,500 miles. Still gets around 23 MPH highway. I don't ever recall having to align it.

CONS: Replaced two alternators but made the mistake of using non-OEM the first time which lasted 13 months with 1 yr. warranty (of course). 2nd replacement was OEM from dealer and it's still going after a number of years. Replaced 2 AC compressors and very recently, the AC condenser. Transmission coolant line let go just before 200,000 miles.

Still, with 209,000 miles, I have certainly gotten my $ worth and would buy another in a heartbeat if they still made them.
5.3 motor been using oil since day one. 31700 miles later and still using oil . change oil every 3000 miles. have records where g.m. changed my oil showing low on oil. use truck for pleasure only no heavy use.