Reviews for Infiniti I30 years:

Infiniti I30 Reviews and Owner Comments

Infiniti I30Owner Reviews (17 reviews)
    Visitor, Ventura, CA, August 25, 2014 20:40
    I bought my I 30 in 2010 believe me when I say it had 21,000 miles on it. I now have 69 k and nothing is wrong --so far. The only 2 reasons someone would sell a car is (1) they are tired of the cars looks or (2) it is costing to much in repairs. I am now single and don't need a 4 door sedan. in southern California ( Mazda Miata time ) If the Miata runs as good as the I 30 I will be happy-happy- happy. It is a fine car I just want something else.
    Ursuline, Long Beach, CA, June 03, 2012 15:19
    My 1996 Infiniti I-30 has a 2 small leak circles near the right front side of the car. Wherever I park I come out and see these 2 oil spots. Anyone had the same problem?
    Visitor, Grand Forks, ND, February 01, 2012 19:30
    WARNING, PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THE INFINITI I30 IT IS A NIGHT MARE WAITING TO HAPPEN, NEVER HAVE I SEEN A MORE RIP OFF OF A SUPPOSED HIGH END CAR, SURE IT RIDES NICE WHEN RUNNING BUT BETWEEN MASS FLOW, IAC AND ECM PROBLEMS WHICH INFINITI / NISSAN ARE WELL AWARE OF ( YET NOTHING BEING DONE TO STAND BEHIND THEIR JUNK OTHER THEN POSTING A DEALER NOTE SAYING THIS STUFF BREAKS AND IS A VERY COMMON! BUY A GM, AT LEAST THE TECH'S AT THE DEALERSHIPS CAN FIX THEM
    kliewerville, Thomaston, ME, December 16, 2011 18:20
    My 1996 Infiniti I 30 is not starting correctly. It does turn over but just bogs out after a few turns. It does take a jump start and starts up and will run down the road but then dies again and takes another jump and drives alittle again. I have put a new alternator in it, and a Belt, changed batteries, charged, etc, Not sure what else it could be. Have any idea, Its hard in the winter and i really dont have the money to bring to a technician with tows and all.... Please help thank you!!! Also did make a grinding noise after i changed the alternator and was squeaky a little.....and it purred like a kitten before.......Im Baffled!!!! PLEASE HELP WITH ANY IDEAS
    Visitor, Mercer Island, WA, July 21, 2011 23:43
    The idle control valve died and took ECM with it. So, I spent more then $2700 to replace both. A few days later, car dies again. ECM is dead again, and now they say the wire harness is bad. It is $5000 to fix the wire harness. Please stay away from 99-01 I30/Maximas.
    Visitor, Charleston, SC, May 25, 2011 14:56
    I'm the second owner of an Infinti I30 I've had the car for three or four years it has 204,000 miles I've had it painted and put 18'' chrome rims on it....and it looks great I love this car and plan on giving it to my Kid eventually. The only problem I'm having with this car is it has a miss when I put it in drive especially when I use the air conditioning, I was told it might be the coil paks, I took it to the Auto Zone to run computer check on it, the computer showed that several senors need to be replaced I hope that solves the problem.
    Pamilu, Valley Springs, CA, April 05, 2011 17:52
    I love my 1996 Infiniti I30!! I bot her in 1998 at the Neillo Infiniti dealership in Concord, CA when she had only 22,000 miles - dealer buyback. She now has 344,000 miles and still runs like a top! I replaced the water pump at 190,000 miles, and that has been it as far as mechanical issues. I have the oil & filter changed every 4,000 miles, and I still get 25.4 mpg--and she runs on regular gas. This is the best car I have ever owned. Right now, I am re-upholstering the front seats since I wore the leather out! My MB SL500 sits in the garage most of the time since I love my worn & old Infiniti more!
    rainmom2004, Farmingdale, NY, April 01, 2011 15:17
    My parents got it in 1999 with very low mileage. I got it from them in 2008. It's got 185,000 miles on it and runs great! I love this car!! I think I'm spoiled for life....nothing will ever ride this great (at least not what I can afford). I do a lot of highway miles so I get about 25 mpg, but what a sweet ride!!
    Visitor, Chino Hills, CA, December 27, 2010 11:02
    past 200K miles and still going strong... looking forward to break 300K without any major issue
    Visitor, Scranton, PA, September 12, 2010 08:17
    I have over 235,000 miles on this car, little things are starting to go - the check engine light has been on for the past 100,000 miles without me having it looked at, and without affecting the car's performance. Despite its ugly exterior, the car is very very good on the interior in terms of comfort, appearance, and intuitive design.
    Visitor, Los Angeles, CA, July 13, 2010 20:41
    I have 120,000 on mine.I'm the original owner and I don't drive it hard. So far I've replaced the alternator, starter, front wheel bearing, cooling fan unit, a couple of oxygen sensors, clock lights, and the brake light switch. I'm not including normal stuff like brakes and struts and the battery. I've done all the scheduled maintenance. The leather driver's seat is starting to crack a bit. I'm getting decent mileage. I get about 20 in the city and at least 26 on the highway. I'm embarrassed to tell you I switched to 87 octane gas. I've noticed no difference in performance or mileage. The car handles pretty well, but the turning radius is horrible. Most pickup trucks can even turn sharper. All in all I think it's an OK car. Not a great car, but OK. I'm gonna' drive it until the wheels fall off.
  • 2000 Infiniti I30
    Visitor, Edison, NJ, June 11, 2010 07:57
    My car is going to die soon because of rust . it has 108 K miles. This car is best for cruising and very reliable car. never had any problems.
    Visitor, Clearfield, UT, June 01, 2010 15:04
    I really have enjoyed this car but all of the sudden I have to replace the Mass Airflow Sensor and computer.
    Visitor, Reston, VA, May 28, 2010 07:14
    This has been the best, most rliable car I have ever owned. I have kept up with the maintenance and they only item I have replaced is the starter. I currently have 113,000 miles on the car and it runs great. I still get 25 mpg on the highway.
  • 1998 Infiniti I30
    rbgnr111, Crown Point, IN, March 12, 2010 19:46
    Probably the best and most reliable car have had to this point. Most issues I've had have been minor. I would like to get a new car at this point, but want to see just how long this will last, I currently have about 210,000 miles on it and it still runs very well.
  • 1999 Infiniti I30
    Kronos, Cerritos, CA, August 06, 2009 10:21
    I really enjoyed this car. Bought it new. No major glitches or long term problems. Dealer service outstsnding.
  • 2000 Infiniti I30
    carriong, Derry, NH, January 12, 2009 06:55
    Brakes and suspension have been an issue with this car since i bought it! The performance and reliability have been GREAT!