Newest Reviews:
  • 2006 Acura RL I had a leased Acura RX and loved it Then I bought a used 2006 Acura TL around 4 years ago. These are the things I had or have to fix: 1. air conditioning - fixed 2 times - last time around 10 months ago after been over a year with broken a/c 2. motor mounts - need to fix - bad for a very long time - incredible for an expensive car 3. battery problems - have the problem right now 4. trunk - paint is peeling. Looks terrible 5. glove compartment - the front cover looks melted and bubbly, Looks ugly. 6. had to fix the front lights I thought an expensive car will last longer... mainly because is an Acura.
  • 2006 Kia Sedona I'm fairly happy with my 2006 Kia Sedona. My biggest complaint is with the Kia dealership. They charge outrageous prices for their replacement parts. They claim they put superior(to other dealers), genuine parts in the vehicle. Two new catalytic converters with labor cost $2500. They also charged me $440 restocking fee when I changed my mind, after they supposedly had ordered the parts. I still saved a few hundred my going elsewhere.
  • 2013 Nissan Maxima I just finished my arbitration meeting with BBB auto line and Nissan arbitration specialists. If anyone is having their so called premium leathers seats ripping as you enter either seat please email me damcgees@bellsouth.net I lost the case because at this time my car is only 10 months old with a total of 3 repairs to the front driver's seat and passenger's seat, according to the lemon law, one has to have a total of 4 repairs with the same problem within a year and warranty is guaranteed. HOWEVER Nissan Corp. will not repair my front leather seats anymore. Nissan Corp. is telling me, I am ripping the seats as I enter the seat and because of my buttons on my rear pockets (jeans, shorts, etc). I have a white Nissan Maxima (2013), and tan leather seats ,listed price $38k with only 25 miles at time of delivery. With the first 1,596 miles, the seats started ripping (both front seats) then about 2207 miles, and now 3153 miles. I currently have 4050 miles and its only 10 months old. I do not drive this car daily and only 2 occasions someone used rear seats. (reason for low miles) If anyone out there, in any state having the same issues please e-mail - damcgees@bellsouth.net thanks for reading my story
  • 2011 Volkswagen CC I have had my 2011 VW CC and I am now over 80,000 on it. I brag about my CC as the most reliable, dependable car I have had. I plan on buying another. Sure there were minor issues on the way but maybe its the dealership and the way they handle their customers that I remain with my CC and the service department at the dealer. I plan on keeping her a little longer. Its a shame that we never know what we get with a car but I lucked out with this girl. Always complimented with her!
  • 2007 Chrysler Town & Country Bought this vehicle with less the 800 miles on it six years ago, now at 65,000 miles. I have replaced the front brakes 3 times, water pump, radiator pitcock, alternator. Peeves about vehicle 1. Steering column inside of vehicle squeeks when turning if air temperature is under 85 degrees F. Teflon spray no help. 2. Dome lights overheat and burn sockets. 3. Slight fuel leak at top of fuel tank. 4. Power socket bad after a few uses. 5. Dash shrinking and separating from sun, although garaged when at home. 6. Arm rest on driver seat seems same material as dash, all cracked. 7. Sliding door inside plastic panels are not covered from factory unless you bought upgrade. 8. Horrible setup on coolant overflow, and defective pit cocks on radiator from factory. 9. Rear shocks make scraping sound when cooler weather.
  • 2004 GMC Envoy This car is the worst problem I have ever had. I would never recommend this car to anyone. The car always has something wrong with it. They even know my car already when I go in the parts store. I think that speaks for itself. I completely understand normal maintenance but this car goes way beyond normal maintenance.
  • 2002 Volvo V70 XC I bought my car in Buffalo NY in 2005 just off lease low mileage. I imported it to Canada..I live in Toronto. I have had to use a US zip code to post this. The car has been wonderful.in the winter I love to take it out after it has just snowed. I have Swedish brand snow tires..drives like a tank through the snow! Lots of fun. With our pot holes during the winter I have occasionally had to do some suspension work. I have just done the front brakes and new summer tires. I am very pleased with the enjoyment we have had with this car with minor repairs and maintenance. It feels safe and is very comfortable. It has 95,000mi on it as of today. We hope to keep it another 5-10 years.
  • 2007 GMC Yukon XL 1500 2007 Yukon XL - Interior, second row seats when folded down, blocks rear cargo space and leaves a drop in the floor. Earlier models such as the 99 & 02 all seats folded down to open up the entire cargo space with a flat floor. ABS brakes pulse and is noticeable while slowing down - 99 & 02 did not do this with the ABS brakes. Had to replace drive train less than 100K miles and does not have the same power or torque with the towing package. 99 & 02 were great. Running lights burn out quickly. Had recall but wasn't published , had to replace some sort of oil pan - oil was leaking internally and not returning to oil pan or something like that. Engine runs higher RPM when towing and not shifting properly. Exhaust OK I guess no troubles yet. Heating & Air OK no troubles yet Suspension & Steering OK I would suggest before you buy a used 2007 or newer GMC Yukon XL you go to Edwards website and check out the comments - lots of unhappy campers with Yukon XL problems.
  • 1996 Ford Windstar I bought this car used 13 years old. I have had it to years and it runs great
  • 2009 Jeep Patriot AC Compressor just went at 63K miles - $1,000 job to replace. Spark plugs need to be replaced every 30K per the manual. Stock tires are great - 46K miles on the first set of Wrangler SRAs - good snow performance here in Colorado. Interior is cheap, I had rattles almost from the beginning in the dash and air outlets. I average 25 mpg including occasional 4X4 driving (roads, not off road). Overall I would give it a satisfactory rating, not the best SUV around, but for what I paid I am getting about what I expected.
  • 2013 Honda Fit I was very impressed with my Fit until the head on crash test results were aired on TV. I have had no problems except the battery would not hold a charge very long. It is true that I don't drive it for weeks at a time. I took it to the local dealer and it turned out to be a defective battery. They replaced it at no charge. I have had four passengers inside with no problems picking up speed. When you are inside you swear you are in a mid-size car. I put the back seats down to form my mini-mini van and actually picked up a 2"x4"x8' the other day. For around the City cheap transportation this is the car for me.
  • 2008 Infiniti G35 I've driven this car for 4 yrs, now with 82K. This car has been well serviced at the dealership. I used this car to go work mostly. I'm a nurse and never abused this vehicle. Cabin is immaculate, kept it clean. Electronics work fine, but my dash on the driver's side warped, like every single one of them out there. My steering wheel is chipping, pretty common. Paint is also a problem, common for nissan. I had to replaced the brakes at 40K. Battery went bad at around 45K, it was replaced under warranty, and so was one of the caliper. Steering feels fake, feels weird not as agile as BMW. Heating/AC works fine, never had problems. At 82K my transmission now needs replaced. A transmission mechanic told me it's pretty common for nissan/infiniti to have faulty radiators, fluid leaks to the transmission and your are screwed. Infiniti customer care said there's nothing they can do the car just failed. WOW! they seem proud of their product lol!
  • 2003 Volkswagen Beetle never in my life have i been so infuriated with a car!!!! i havent had my 2003 vw beetle for two years and the timing belt just broke!!!!! this was right after this stupid coolant leak!!!! now i am without a damn vehicle and i JUST started my new job!!! So instead of saving for rent, now im saving for a stupid 2k fix!!!! VW should be shut down, how dare they sit there and sell these crappy cars to innocent owners just for money!!! shame on you!!! I am 22 years old and never should be going through this crap!! thanks vw for wasting my money and my time!!! JUNK CARS!! (btw i was warned about you, and your $$$ fixes. but i thought, hey, this cant happen to me, its just a car. ) bs.
  • 2008 Mercury Mountaineer I have had issues of the car not starting when the starter relay gets hot. Relays in the fuse box under the hood should never get hot, or so hot it burns blisters on your fingers when trying to pull them out. Once I pull the starter relay and let it cool down I reinsert it and the car will start. I have taken it to 2 dealerships, called 2 others and have even written and called Ford and no help with a fix. In fact, when I wrote an email to Ford the representative assigned to handle my issue was of no help nor did he even try to figure out the issue. This is so frustrating!!!
  • 2008 Cadillac Escalade The 2008 Cadillac Escalade AWD is not built to the quality that Cadillac boost about. I have had to replaced bolt front an rear shocks, I have purchased the vehicle at 37000 miles. Do not buy a leased Escalade because the one I purchased was not well maintain. The windows was in terrible conditions from water damage. I have replaced the tires 3 times, due to wheel alignment, and bad shocks. Do not go to a shop for replacement shops, go gmpartsdirect.com or gmpartseast.com. The window trim at the bottom of the window stated peeling, the only solution I have received is to replace, it is very costly to do this, again poor quality. Cadillac if you see this my email is garytaylor51@q.com, feel free, I would like to know the solution to this problem, other than the replacement one.
  • 2010 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Absolutely trouble and maintenance free for 40k mi,then after battery removal and reinstall for top fill of transmission ,engine code and battery failure,traced to shorted glow plug.unplugged all glow plugs(FL) and runs fine but will always show an engine light.tip:remove glow plug 50 amp fuse when disconnecting the battery,the sparks meant for some reason they were energized and subsequently fried.Once the gremlins are unleashed you either compromise or leave a child at the dealership.If I get 100,000 miles without too much pain I will give it 6 stars,the other 4 will be spent wondering if I will get stranded as almost nobody has knowledge of these cars.VW lost their edge when they lost their simpicity.Brutal,honest truth.
  • 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Bought my GCL new, now have 250,000 K on it and starting to get some lifter noise. I did have to replace the tranny. It has been a great vehicle, and has served us well.
  • 2003 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Bought this car in 2008. Love it,no problems or issues. Its perfect for my wife and I to get on the highway and go for a cruise. Love it.
  • 2013 Volkswagen CC Oil is leaking out under passenger door on rocker panel. Reported to Volkswagen service and they said nothing to worry about. I'm concerned and it's on the paint.
  • 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 I have an 2005 Ram 1500 w/ the Hemi. I live in SD. I bought it used have had it for 2 years has about 130,000 miles on it. After I bought it of course, the check engine light came on and I hear this clicking noise on the passenger side in the engine and it loses power. Can ANYONE OUT THERE give me an idea as to what this is? I am still driving it this way cause it's the only vehicle I have. I could use some advice. Thanks!
  • 1995 Ford F-150 MY 95 EDDIE BAUER IS MY SECOND TRUCK IVE EVER OWNED. I BOUGHT IT WITH 40,000 IN 99. I NOW HAVE 226,000. MY LITTLE GIRL IS 9 AND SHE WILL GET IT WHEN SHE LEARNS THE DRIVING CURVE,BUT NOT UNTIL THEN....ABSOLUTLY LOVE MY TRUCK. TERRY TUCK SR. GEORGIA
  • 2008 Suzuki SX4 its a pice of shitttt ! , every one seas so, becouse of the bright idear of a tec macking the non drivable if your battery is removed ? then you need codes for the radio, what a thot-less idear and no good for new buyers !. dont get this car cause its a pak of problems if you forget your code or if the battery goes dead for any wresons your stuck thumbing a ride to work !!! fucking pice of crapppp (y) :)
  • 1997 Mitsubishi Galant My car is a Mitsubishi galant 97 ES, i been looking for the a/c belt tensioner, or assembly or bracket im not sure what is call but is the whole piece that tights up the a. C belt, i have look for it every where, can some one help me fix this problem
  • 2005 Buick Rainier I have a 2004 Rainier. Purchased with 50K miles. I had no major issues until last year. The air suspension that causes the vehicle to adjust failed. This cost was around 600.00. This past weekend my shifter cable broke. I'm unable to shift into any gear. Cost quoted: 235.00 with labor.
  • 2006 Toyota Avalon I bought my 2006 Avalon Limited brand new in December 26,2005. I wrote a shining review on it a few months after I had it. If I knew then what I know now, I would never have bought that car new. I would have leased it and turned it in at the end of the lease and gotten another one. The manufacturers are no fools. They make cars to last up to the end of the warranty or a little beyond. It has been 8yrs and 160,000 miles and in that time I've learned the meaning of what it is to own a luxury vehicle. It means that you pay and you pay a lot for that luxury. The toggle button for the GPS Nav doesn't work right so it takes forever to try and set a destination or scroll through any of the other features of the display that requires the toggle button on the command console thingy. I don't even know how much it would cost to get fixed. The rear shade went up about 3yrs ago and the dealer wants $2000 to repair. I replaced a headlight(HID) and the dealer wants $275. The engine was dropped twice to repair an oil leak under the warranty so I had no out of pocket expense. Now that the warranty has expired and I must pay for the existing oil leaks that keep sprouting up. I recently learned that 2006 was a bad year for the Avalon, but that didn't stop the A/C from malfunctioning. Last year the A/C went up. Why oh why does the dealer want $2300 to repair. I'm so through with owning luxury vehicles. I've made up my mind that if I ever get a luxury vehicle then it would be a lease. I don't know if these are minor concerns or not, but to pay upwards of $40k for a luxury vehicle you don't expect things like this to set you back like they do and it's very disheartening when you buy a car based on the car manufacturer's reputation. Now, in all fairness, I must write the pro's about this car and believe me there are pro's. The acceleration is still mind-blowing. The transmission is quirky at times, but still performs flawlessly. The electronics get a pass for the most part with the exception of the previously mentioned problems with the media console toggle button. Another quirk, though, is that there's no darn volume indicator to show you how loud you are turning the volume up for the blasted radio. Since my income has taken a hit and I have a large mortgage, I've realized I don't have any extra money to pay for expensive repairs on anything so the only wise choice I can make now is to lease my next car. Even still, who in their right minds would pay $2000 to have a power rear shade repaired? I took the fuse out to stop the annoying grinding gear noise from the shade trying to go down whenever I put the transmission in reverse. I've learned a expensive lesson though and LORD willing it will be the last expensive lesson for a long time to come. When it comes to cars, don't buy and hold expensive cars unless you have the finances for the maintenance over the long haul. It's not worth it and you can lease a later model vehicle without all the drama of repairs and finding a good affordable mechanic. In summary, I would say the the car during the warranty period was amazing to have, but this 2006 Toyota Avalon Limited did not live up to my expectations of Toyota Reliability and I should know because this is my 4th Toyota in 30 years.
  • 1992 Saturn SL1 My car is great, but it has its bugs. When I press on the gas the rpm goes down before it revs up. It makes it hard to go up a hill because its a standard. Also the coolant fan switch on/off sensor is out, where is it? Other than that the tranny, clutch, mpg, engine all satisfactory.
  • 2006 Mercedes-Benz SL500 I just bought a 2006 SL500 with 42.000 miles and took it into Mercedes shop in Shreveport La. for B service and battery not charging right on rear battery. I was told it would run around $495 for B service and I had $100 deductible on the car insurance I bought for three years for $3900 for repairs. The battery was in warranty with it stamped on post good until 2015. They keep it 5 days and took two weeks to get it in for this. When picked it up they charged $895 for the B service and left Brake fluid all under hood and engine oil running down front of engine and would not warranty Mercedes brand battery because I had no receipt with car and being stamped by factory was nothing to them! I lost all faith in dealer for Mercedes here in Shreveport!! Love the car and was a truck mechanic for years and ran several repair shops for many years so I will just have to do it myself or find someone besides them to repair it or maintain it!! I reported charges to them and never got a reason or reply!! 5-11-2014
  • 1993 Audi V8 Quattro What a machine! my 1990 v8 is the oldest yet its one of the best cars I have ever driven. Suspension is hard at lower speeds and the 0-60 figures are not impressive...and then you get past 60 mph and you realize exactly what this car is all about. SPEED! Definate autobahn car, its super well built and grip levels are insane! Steering is telepathic and allows to feeling road surface without it being annoying, it spacious, driving position is excellent and the bucket seats are to die for. That being said, really expensive repair costs. Its hard to find parts for and for a car this old you will have electrical issues. A definate keeper is you have the cash!
  • 1993 Saturn SL2 excellent car,I have put 101,000 miles on since buying it in 1993. I have been able to do all needed repairs with out ever having to take it back to a dealer.I am very disappointed that GM dropped this car,I would have bought a new one if the interior and horsepower were upgraded.
  • 2008 Ford Escape I took my Ford Escape 2008 to Firestone. They said i have a hole in my condenser and that with the air conditioning recharge the total price would be $615. Then they said that may not fix my problem.