Newest Reviews:
  • 2004 Cadillac DeVille I purchased a 2004 Cadillac DeVille. I will admit that the previous owner maintained this car according to the scheduled maintenance plan. It had all the records from the Cadillac dealer when I purchased it. The previous owner had it for 9 years. It was driven just over 14,500 miles per year. The car is like new. I just love it and the only complaint I would have is that the rotors heat up and warped so I am having a higher grade rotor put on. Great Car if maintained well. My gas mileage has been better than I hoped average of 21.5 in town. I don't know why others seem to complain you get what you buy. If you buy a used car check the records and know what you have purchased. It truly matters. I love my Cadillac DeVille.
  • 1995 GMC 1500 Pickup 1995 GMC 1500 5.0L. 280K and still running strong. Had to replace intake gaskets twice, heater hose connectors and fuel pump. Only run 20w50 Castrol with Lucas oil stabilizer. I believe that is the secrete to a strong running 305.
  • 2004 Audi A4 Quattro I bought the car new I had to bring it back to replace the radiator. Twice I had to have it towed back to the dealer because it would not start. The check engine light went on about three times. I had to bring it back to the dealer to find out why. It was bogging down from the stop on acceleration. All of those problems happened when it was still under warranty. After that I had to replace the gas pump, the wind shield whipper motor. After of all the problems that I had to repair, The engine blue around 95,000 miles. I replaced the engine. If any one wants to by it, let me know....
  • 2008 Chevrolet Equinox This SUV is a joy to drive; however, I've had several problems with it. For 3 weeks now it's been in the shop constantly. But hey! You'll have car trouble with any car.
  • 2007 Kia Sportage oil pan is rotting out.Kia should recall for hazmat and danger of blowing engine
  • 2014 Subaru Outback Bought Premium Outback to replace 2006 VW Jetta TDI w/183K, primarily because I wanted a more reliable car for my wife to drive. CV auto takes some getting used to, but seems to be as advertised. Interior, electronics, ride, features, etc. all excellent. With approx. 10K miles on vehicle, wife begins 220 mi. highway trip. 30 miles into trip, at 70 mph highway speed, vehicle starts billowing smoke screen trailing the car...looked like a NASCAR race, engine blown. Pulling off the highway and into a gas station, she shuts the car down; check engine light and low oil light are on. When I arrive, I check vehicle, no oil discernible on dipstick check; oil and/or other fluids flowing freely away from parked vehicle. Use Subaru service, have wrecker transport to dealer. In diagnosing the problem, the dealer, under the direction of the factory, pulls engine from car. Problem found: bad rear main seal. Under air pressure, the leak was felt by finger touch; approximately 1/2" in length between seal and outer seal block. A warranty repair all the way; nobody has any idea how it could have happened except through a bad part and/or faulty installation, all at factory. Subaru is replacing the seal at their cost, placing motor back in vehicle; vehicle still under original 5yr/60K warranty period. We have a dealer loaner at no cost to us but are without our vehicle for an entire week with limited mileage restrictions on the loaner vehicle. I'm wondering if any permanent damage to the engine was sustained while experiencing this mail seal failure at highway operating speeds. Any suggestions on how to have them test for engine damage?
  • 2004 BMW 645Ci Ultimate driving machine.........when it runs. I have 70,000. miles on mine. It's had and still has oil leaks, trunk lid will not stay aligned and now it only opens with the key. The resevoir craked a leak, trunk leaked water into it and blew the $1200. amp so no sound no communcation center. now it will not run and I have been told, after a $800. "trouble shooting" tab that it has something to do with the Cam. Never own another BMW again! I was also told that this year of the 645ci had lots of problems.
  • 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Had problems with the gauges stop working received a letter about a recall toke truck in a was told that the mileage was to high and the recall did not apply now the oil filter keeps popping off. What does a person to do now. It seems that nothing is ever GM's problems anymore
  • 2013 Chevrolet Avalanche I have cracks in the dashboard and brackets holding dash just worked themselves free.
  • 2000 Pontiac Bonneville I WAS AT THE RED LIGHT AND MY CAR JUST SHUT OFF WHY
  • 2007 Lincoln MKX My transmission is slipping. I have 9100 miles and still owe 16k. What should I do?
  • 2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty There is no firing on the number 6 cylinder, i want to know why and what's causing it to happen? Ive changed out the coil and plugs.
  • 1992 Plymouth Acclaim front end popping noise don't know if it ball joint are sturt
  • 2001 Toyota Solara My "Black Beauty" gets looks all the time. I have even had a few "want to sell it?" questions on it as well. I bought it in North Carolina when I lived out there and drove it all the way to CA comfortably. I bought it in 2000 and am still in love with it
  • 2009 Nissan Versa I got the 2009 Versa in 2010. It was brand new. I don't use the hatch very often and the handle on the back is broken. I took it to a shop when I went up to visit my mom and they said the piece is over 300 alone. I know they are telling me the truth since it is my brother in law who owns the shop. he even ordered the electric piece to replace just in case. What a rip off 300 for a handle and then there is the cost of labor and paint. The seal on the doors comes off and the plastic on the door by the floor keeps coming off and you can't get it to stay on. the passenger side arm rest, the vinyl is coming off. I love Nissan this is my 3rd one, but disappointed.
  • 2004 Toyota RAV4 100466 miles the head bolt THREADS pulled out of the engine block, causing head gasket failure & loss of coolant. Dealership says $8000 for new engine is the most reasonable way to fix this! Online search shows it is a chronic problem on the 4 cylinder engines for Toyota.
  • 2008 Mercedes-Benz C300 Love the car. 52,000 miles and rear brakes are just needing replacement. Minor issues with maintenance warning message that was solved by replacing sensor in driver's seat belt buckle, otherwise never a problem. Only complaint to this "luxury sports" vehicle is wishing for a bit more than stock 228 HP. Am trading for CPO 2103 to solve that issue.
  • 2007 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 My 2007 had the rear differential go out 2 weeks after the 5 year build date. After 3 letters Chevy paid half. My dealer guaranteed for 23 months and 13,000. died after 13 months and 20,000. MY PROBLEM. Love the car but think I have a lemon. My Tahoe died at 136,000 and this turkey is 118,000 and is leaking again. I have a Ford in my future.
  • 2004 Kia Amanti Talk about sticker shock!!! The Kia Amanti is designed like everyone is a millionaire. I have only owned my Kia since July of 2013. The car is really a beautiful car. Maintaining it is another story. I just took my Amanti in for a tune-up at a local repair shop and was given an estimate of $429.00 for spark plugs and new wires. After my heart started beating again I had no choice but to make an appointment for the tune-up. I used to do all of the repairs on all of my cars, but now I don't even know where to begin.. (But I'll know soon with how expensive repairs are on this car). Back to my tune-up, I took the car in and had a full inspection on the car and with 152,00 miles I expected the car needed work. I found out that the tune-up on the car wasn't the biggest issue. I needed the ignition coil replaced.. Not 1 but 3 coils at $175.00 a piece. $525.00 just for parts... Are you people serious? After the work was completed and $746.00 later, I came home and began looking up parts for the Amanti, coils, spark plugs and new wires. What I found was this engine is so complex in it's design and so expensive to repair, that I am starting Monday to look for a new car. What I found out while looking up replacement parts for my Kia Amanti is that not only does this engine have 3 ignition coils, it also has a coil on the spark plugs at the cost $165.00 and you need 6 of these coils, again, are you people serious? Back to my tune-up. I have completed thousands of tune-ups over the years on my many vehicles without any issues. I have excepted the fact that engines are built so much more efficent today and the on-board-computers makes it difficult to DIY repairs any longer and so it costs more to have the repairs completed, I get that. But who's brilliant idea was it to design and engine that has to be disassembled to change spark plugs???? That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Which is why my tune-up is going to cost $429.00 and take a minimum of 3 hours. I have been fortunate in my life for being very mechanically inclined. I have saved a lot of money by completing repairs of many things around my house and my automobiles. Unfortunately, I became disabled in 2003 and I am on a fixed income. I cannot afford to pay these types of costs for repairs on a vehicle. As a DIY mechanic since I was a teenager (I'm now 62 YO)and it seem as though all designers of automobile engines put "0" (zero) thought into the mechanics in the field.
  • 2001 Mercedes-Benz S430 Sadly, my family has experienced Mercedes Benz E320 and S430. I enjoyed the E320 way more than the S430. I feel both cars were poorly designed, the cost of repairs closely added up to the cost of purchase. I've owned a Ford and Toyota, and they've spent less time in the shop than the luxury cars. Problems ranged from: suspension and exhaustion hose issues(E320), power steering issues, electronic problems with the trunk and power windows, and the navigation system (S430). Mercedes Benz is just a status symbol, it's not a quality car. It's a joke to own one, but an expensive one at a combined $200,000 or so cost.
  • 1997 Dodge Ram 2500 V10 no spark turns over good. left lights on over nite battery dead. I put the battery charger on for half hr. charger was put on the correct way now no spark.??????>>>
  • 2007 Honda Accord Hybrid everything on the HONDA hybrid is Japan's revenenge for the A bomb. Nothing on this HONDA hybrid is right. The parts are very expensive and its a classic lemon. After 80,000 its a bucket of wasted money and the pitful fuel savings are down the drain. HONDA are you listening to your A bomb revenenge. I am out thousands of dollars for Japan's HONDA rise bowl, I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER MADE IN JAPAN IS STILL A JOKE.
  • 2005 Lexus LS430 Needed in 2013, (bought used 2010), Rocker arm bushings replaced, front shocks, brakes (at 60K miles), both front door lock mechanisms. I have a warranty from GM when purchasing car at Mountainview Chevy, which I thought was a waste, but not anymore. Paid $4600 for warranty, already got back $3500 worth of service. Don't get breaks done at dealer, it's half price elsewhere and true Lexus break pads are not extra expensive compared to standard oem parts.
  • 2002 Volkswagen Beetle This 2002 New Beetle Turbo S is my second New Beetle, the first being a 2000 (no turbo) and the third a 2004 Turbo S. I have to say that I thoroughly enjoy driving this car because it has a LOT more power than you would guess. And everyone who has driven it says the same. They fall in LOVE. It's a fun car to drive. However, like the other two New Beetles I have owned (the 2000 and 2004 Turbo S) the body/interior etc. leaves a LOT to be desired. Everything falls apart. Believe me, this car is no longer pretty. Still its fun as hell to drive. Oddly, I bought my 2004 based on my love of the 2002 and while they are supposedly the same car (both Turbo S) the 2004 feels like a tin can by comparison. The doors aren't heavy like the 2004, the drive is not as fun or solid. The 2004 doesn’t seem to have the same kind of power at all. Yes, it's faster than the standard New Beetle, but the 2002 has a LOT more heart. I don't know if this is just MY experience, or if others who have driven both would say the same... and I'm not sure why the difference, but the 2004 just feels cheap compared to the 2002. All of my VW New Beetles have the same VW body/interior issues: they fall apart. But I knew this when I bought it. The 2002 has been good to me. I tend to be hard on cars so I have to give it props. I’ve never had any mechanical problems with it until now... and even still it drive NICE... it's just louder and needs a little love. I've driven it for about 5 years and it now has about 130,000 miles on it and it’s time for some attention, but all in all it’s been a good car. I don’t have the same faith in my 2004 which only has about 85,000 miles on it.
  • 2004 Volkswagen Beetle I bought my used 2004 Turbo S with 85,000 miles on it. I bought it because I also own a 2002 Turbo S that I love. Well the cars look almost identical but the second you get into the 2004 you can tell something is different. I looks nice, but it doesn't feel nearly as solid a car as the 2002. Actually feels downright cheap by comparison. My 2002 is a little monster in disguise on the road. It's far more powerful than a person would guess and it has a solid sports car feel to it that I love. Anyone who drives it immediately gets why I love the car so much... the 2004 just isn't the same. Not sure why. While the 2004 is faster and more fun than a regular New Beetle (I also has a 2000 New Beetle with no turbo), its not nearly the ride of my 2002 Turbo S. It just doesn't seem to have the same heart. All three VWs have had serious Body/interior etc issues as they pretty much fall apart. The 2002 is NOT a pretty car anymore. The 2004 looks better, but I don't expect that to last. At all. Things just break on these cars. My 2004 already has a clutch issue, and the suspension sounds like a squeaky bed. I researched the history of this car and its clean but I suspect that I don't know everything. It's either that or VW just seriously cheaped out after 2002. It's kind of a let down. If you buy any VW these days, just be warned, Mr. Check Engine Light will be your new eternal sidekick. This was true of all three of my New Beetles. Half the time it's nothing serious but that light is constantly going on and off. So in summary, in spite of typical cosmetic/body/interior issues and engine light fun with VWs, I LOVED my 2000 and my 2002 enough to buy a third new beetle. I haven't had my 2004 for long but I'm not nearly as thrilled. I have owned 5 VWs over the years. (My first car was a 1970 Beetle that I drove for 11 years and later I owned a 1972 Super Beetle that I loved.) I'm a bit of an enthusiast and will put up with some quirks, obviously, but after purchasing my 2004 I'm thinking this will be my last NEW VW.
  • 1995 Volvo 850 I own a 1995 Volvo 850 turbo with 200,000+ miles on it. It still runs well for a 19 year old car. Only real problem is the air conditioning - after it failed twice i finally gave up on fixing it.
  • 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Brought my 2008 PT cruiser two years ago. I love the car, the only issues I have with it is the engine mounts I need to replace every two years. I live in a city full of Potholes and just assumed they are the reason.
  • 2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty I have a 2002 F-250 super cab 5.4L gasoline V-8. I bought the truck used in 2007 with 125,000 miles on it. It was well maintained and miles were mostly highway as they pulled a fifth wheel trailer with it. I rebuilt the front end and replaced the shocks after 6 months of owning it. I put ceramic pads all four wheels which makes a huge difference in stopping. I now have 212,000 miles with original hoses (I know) it has no transmission problems and still has plenty of power when needed. I will never own anything but a ford truck.
  • 2001 Mazda Tribute I bought my Mazda Tribute 2001 year of make and its a 1920cc engine from BEFORWARD Japan (Used Car)in 2012. The engine has developed some problems like it gets too hot in less than three minutes drive and the idling has since changed to high it, cannot stabilize at one point as a results it consumes alot of fuel (Gasoline).What could be the problem my fellow Mazda Tribute users. If Idling sensor, which website can I contact. Bruno Malawi
  • 2001 Buick Regal driving down road almost like u put brake on now no reverse what is wrong