Newest Reviews:
  • 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee May be I am one of the unlucky Jeep Grand Cherokee 1998 Special Edition owners who has spend about 4000 bucks just this year hoping that it would last longer. I bought the Jeep from a friend with 122K miles on it. It has 135k today. I had several problems: -Transfer case -Radiator -Brake Pads -Heater core -Muffler -Oil seal -Filter Pan -Battery issues If you look under the car, you will find most of the parts are brand new now!! Winter 2014 is here. I only hope that it does not give me any more trouble next year. I still have some common problems (electrical) but it is running now. I always liked Jeep, but ran into bad experience when I own one.
  • 2012 Volvo C70 I bought my C70 brand new from the dealer. I have the upgraded turbo version. At 23,000 miles I started to feel a rattle - by 27,000 miles I thought the tires were going to fly off the car. I've had to have 3 rims repaired and replaced all 4 tires due to "feathering". The dealer has told me it's due to Jersey roads, potholes, and my driving. We'll see. I think it's a bit much to have to replace 4 tires at such low mileage. I LOVE everything else about the car - very comfortable - great trunk space (can fit my son's baseball bag + a cooler and still put the top down. Time will tell if the tires issue is due to me or something internal in the car.
  • 1995 BMW M3 1995 M3 133,000 miles. You know you have a great car when people still ask do you want to sell it? Have replaced exhaust system, needs minor body work a little rust hear and there, but still a great looking/handling car. Could never sell it!
  • 1991 BMW 735i I have a 1991 bmw 735i that i cant seem to get the front right fog light and right tail light to come on. i need some help.
  • 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe The best car, and most reliable I have ever owned. I was given this car from my grandmother at 170,000 miles... it is now just slightly under 200,000 miles. I have been the owner for nearly three years now and there is very little on what I can complain about. The car is a tank! Literally. I was in an accident with a uninsured driver recently and the only thing that was damaged was one axle. Easy fix and the car still drives well. I honestly think this car will last another 200,000 miles if the next owner keeps up with the maintenance. I am seriously considering getting another, newer model. The AC goes on and off sometimes.
  • 2001 Subaru Forester I bought my forester at 108,000 miles and 6 yrs old, it now has over 210,000 miles, it has taken my family across country twice. Replaced the radiator, all my fault for not keeping it filled or noticing the leak. New cv boots, one battery, i have to get it smogged again now that I'm in California again, makes a rattle when accelerating, the catalytic converter is the issue. Maybe it will pass? I know it will. I love my Subaru, i will never buy anything else. I want to see 400,000 on the odometer with my son behind the wheel. It's our little Spaceship that knows no bound. Pass smog baby, by some miracle so we can rage the west coast together a while longer.
  • 2008 Chrysler Town & Country I've had mine for awhile an in am scare after reading these statements I haven't had any problems yet except ratator replaced I think it's called behind the front gate.... now Im too in to me very caution...
  • 2003 Ford Escape I bought 2003 in 2002 the only major part i had to change so for was the alternator and stuff like tires wipers etc. not bad for 13 years so you have to remember most of us and i am speaking for myself i use my escape for an every day work horse i use it for work i hall a lot of heavy stuff in it and it never stops its on the road 7 days a week from morning till night so i will say that this is the best vehicle i have every owned and i have owned many to compare it to
  • 2009 Chrysler Town & Country I have a 2009 town and country the check engine light would come on and off perodically, my crysler dealer fix it , i also had to have the brakes done, and new keys made,but the light came back on after a few weeks, brought it in a few days ago for routine maintaince, now i am been told that the van is leaking coolant, and i need a new radiator. would never buy a chrysler again
  • 2008 Nissan Rogue nothing but trouble 3 transmissions under 120,000 miles. Shuddering during idle at an intersection so violently it shakes the entire car. Several dealerships no solution no support from Nissan. Notified their consumer complaint division, never got a returned call. Stranded more than once on interstate while on a trip (out of state) multiple problems, no solutions. Will never own another own.
  • 2000 BMW 540i I bought a 2000 a year ago with 145K. Despite 16 MPG (city) I would buy it again! Great Car! (Nice "Classic" look) - Fantastic ride. (Do wish the steering was a little more responsive like the 2003 M5, and that the interior was not so cheap or dated) I did have to make some repairs to it: Replaced Radiator and reserve tank (Apx $150) - For some reason they don't last that long in these cars - and $150 fixed the problem (Even if I have to replace it in a year or so - so what its an easy and cheap fix) Was having problems with the Alternator - BMW quoted me $800 for a new one and I found a rebuilt for $500. BUT after reading the message boards and finding that the Rebuilt ones often have faulty Voltage regulators I decided to replace ONLY the Voltage regulator ($50) and haven't had a problem since. NOTE - It requires the removal of the radiator, Fan, and serpentine belt (serp belt easy to remove with a ratchet placed on a nut and pushed - no need for major effort - Fan requires BIG crescent wrench - that you'll only use twice.) I also had to replace the window regulators (1 on the rear and 1 on the front) BMW quoted me $800 for the rear - I found it on like for $150(?) and got the front for about $50 (Don't get the super cheap ones where you get the set of fronts for $60 - they're junk).
  • 2005 Scion xB My XB has 156,000 miles and gets around 26 MPG in town and 30 on the road. I have 7 friends that have an XB and all get 38 to 40 MPG around town and 42 on the road. Anyone know why some do not get the 42 MPGs? Thanks
  • 2002 Infiniti G20 Good car overall. Cheap on fuel. No power house. But you can run 60-70 all day long. Nice interior. Nice sunroof. Decent radio Not to many cup holders.
  • 2013 Mazda CX-5 I am very disappointed in all the serious reports from previous owners of the Mazda CX-5 on the NHTSA website. These reports are not getting threw to the customers. All the while Mazda purchased all the rotors back from dealers, so there is a national wait list for new replacements. Mazda needs to make some RECALL soon before someone gets killed over the sudden deceleration and exceleration of their new model CX-5's. It just a matter of time before this happens, and I am so glad to have found the NHTSA website that reports VIN# also, We were about to buy a used -certified preowned FWD, the car fax reports shows 26 records under this report, I think its a lemon. ??????
  • 2006 Ford F-150 I am the sole owner of my 2006 F-150 Lariet crew cab truck. I am very impressed with the truck overall. How ever the dealership that I purchased my truck from needs help. 2 years ago I asked them to check on my electronic controls as it would noy get heat. They simply pushed the buttons on and off until it worked. Shortly after, I lost control of my seat,power pedal and mirrors. Now I read there is recall on the body control module ( it could short out and start a fire) , why weren't they aware of this and why wasn't I notified of the issue? I will bet it will be at 500.00 for them to look at and this is after it should have been fixed correct the first time ...
  • 2008 Dodge Avenger I have a 2008 dodge avenger bought n June 2007 no problems out of it till now its November 2014 has 150,000 miles on it now my oil light comes on constantly.Do anyone knows the problem there is no oil coming from no where. Any suggestions.
  • 1999 Ford E-150 back doors seem to always leak on all ford vans. blower motor, blower motor switch and resistor have problems.replaced one of these at least 5 times. front ends on ford vans are notoriously bad. i have had to replace front end twice. rust on bottom edges more than on other vans or cars. also i have had to replace coil pack. other than these problems van is fine.
  • 2006 Toyota Corolla I own a 2006 Corolla LE> This is my third Corolla (had a '95 and 2000 before.) I expect this to be the last car I ever buy. I wasn't looking for "sexy." I wanted reliability.And that's what I have. After about 75,000 miles, I just hope it lasts another 75,000. I do have one problem. My brakes frequently squeal when I start up in the morning, they're fine after a couple of minutes, though. I've had them checked a number of times and the mechanic thinks it's because I live in Florida and park outside.
  • 1993 Isuzu Pickup For a 26 year old vehicle that had spotty maintenance till now, this truck is easy to repair, so worth the investment and worth buying new parts 1 by 1. I just want to know how to get above 20mpg gas milage.
  • 2004 Kia Optima Bought my 2004 Kia Optima LX 4 cylinder in 2008. Had basically NO problems with it at all till 2014. Door locks would occasionally not want to lock or unlock from inside and outside, as well as, with key or door lock buttons. CD player would not always take in CD or would spit it out on it's own. Seem to go through breaks often and gas mileage not what was expected. 2014 - Engine all of a sudden died at 125K. Kept up with maintenance all the years I had it too. Replaced engine with a used 58K mile engine. Nothing but trouble since. Goes through oil like crazy, sometimes just won't start, will need to put it in neutral to get it to start, headlights and taillights will all of a sudden not turn on. Was great before this. Now I wish I would have just bought another car, but now I put so much money into it, can't afford to get another.
  • 1998 Lexus ES300 I purchased my 1998 Lexus ES300 in 2000 as a lease return with 50,000 miles on it and have had a wonderful experience with this car. I still have the original engine and transmission with 455,000 miles on them. I even have the original spark plugs still. I recently replaced the valve cover gaskets but am still experiencing a leak. I plan on driving this car until it drops.
  • 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe I bought the 2007 Santa Fe GLS 2.7 engine. Not much power and fails constantly. Technicians can't ever seem to find what the problems are. Latest problems... front brakes grind and pulse like the ABS is coming on. $400 for a front end brake job. LDW and other lights coming on intermittently; never did find the answer to that one. Brake problem again. Replaced the ABS brake computer module for $2000. Other reviews show the brakes and lights to be a real problem that Hyundai and NTSB don't wan to pursue. Just got rid of that money pit. It actually quit on me 3 times on the way to getting some money for it. Got $8000 for it from a car auction house. In turn I got a 2015 Chev. Equinox 1LT. Leased it for less than $1000 down and $270 monthly payments. Very nice with enough bells and whistles for my taste. The $8000 will get me almost 30 payments. Works for me....get it...the Chev. works for me...the Hyundai didn't. Oooiiyyyyyy
  • 2010 Chevrolet Traverse lacks alot of power. had this vehicle for 4 months and it has been and the shop once every month. Too many problems with this SUV. Mainly driving and performance issues.Looks great has gadgets but not dependable vehicle.
  • 2007 Mercedes-Benz ML350 Not sure why previous reviewer(same make, year, model)Mercedes has such difficulty. Bought mine pre-owned with 30,000 miles and now has 82,000. Rides great, no problems except a few bulbs from time-to-time and then there was the trunk latch replaced. Other than that, great car. Up to 81, 000. Plan to keep way past 100,000. My dad says cabs in Amsterdam uses same car! Previous cars of mine required way more work. I did get the CAR FAX before buying and it was good.
  • 2014 Audi A6 Just an absolutely fantastic car. The technology is superior to Mercedes and Infiniti (both I have owned). Fun to drive. The V-6 engine has a supercharger which puts out an exhilarating ride without any turbo lag.
  • 2003 Lincoln Aviator I purchased my 2003 Aviator "Kittyhawk edition" brand new. I love the looks of the vehicle and overall have had great service from the Lincoln. I just installed a new Ford replacement engine to replace the original which almost made it to 200,000 (missed by only a few miles). The only "issues" I have had with the vehicle are transmission (second replacement), Ford actually has a "kit" for the transmission to repear what appears to be a common problem with these transmissions. I just replaced mine with a new unit from Ford. Had the stifter issue (a recall) that was fixed by dealer. Front power seat issue that has since been fixed, and the door seals need attention. I also have the common crack in the plastic panel below the rear window. I have taken care of my Kittyhawk and people are surprised when they learn it's a 2003, as it still looks great. Overall I would have to rate the Aviator as above average..afterall I did get close to 200,000 out of the engine...that's not bad at all...
  • 2009 Chevrolet Impala I have less than 30,000 mi on my 2009 Impala. On-Star communication module died 1/2 thru 2200 mi trip. Would have been $550 to replace. Bought GPS instead for under $300. Upon arriving home, had local GM dealer look @ on-Star & offered to replace it for $300. They said after 5 years (no warranty), the computers in car can die. Said there are lots of internal computers. Few days after that, the car (w/only a 2-3 yr old battery w/5+ yr life)seemed to struggle starting and warning said auto-lights were on. We let car run & turned off auto-lights. A few days after that, same thing, but this time it said SERVICE AIR BAG. That light remains on. Auto book said to take it to dealer because it means air bag may not go off in a crash OR it could go off @ any time even w/o a crash. Less than 30,000 miles, well-maintained car and now internal computers & electrical equipment is failing???? Remember - 2009 impala had seat belt, air bag, & key ignition recalls. What's wrong w/GM cars these days?
  • 1998 Lexus GS400 My '99 GS400 is now 15 years old with 210,000 miles with nary a problem. Reliable, fast, and smooth. Other than normal maintenance it has never had an issue. A friend has an '01 LX470 (same motor) with 300,000 miles and I plan on getting at least that much out of mine. I have no plans on ever selling it. Fantastic car!
  • 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe I purchased my Santa Fe new and it now has 298,000+ miles. No problems until the last 50,000 or so. Had to replace altenator, air conditioner conpressor, timing chain, and now having trouble with power steering. All said and done, this has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. Interior still looks new, flaking on paint though.
  • 2005 Buick LaCrosse I bought this car 2 years ago with 29k miles. It now has 44k. It has climate control and the AC is on constantly even when I turn it off manually it comes back on when restarted. Had to replace hood struts and rear window regulator. The headlights stay on an hour after sunrise so I cant read the digital display. The outside air temp can take up to 45 min before it registers correctly. The top of the dash cracked in 3 spots on three occasions. When power seems weak, I pull off the road and restart and all is fine. The side view mirror only moves in 3 directions. The center brake light is out and both sections of the back seat need removed to get at it. Something new goes wrong every time I try to sell it. And now I have an ignition recall.