Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

I never owned or drove something so worst as the Explorer its a piece of junk ever nor will never buy a Ford again. Had tons of problems with electrical system plus got three batteries all in one year can't believe that a truck only nine years old nothing but problems. Did have a 1992 Explorer lasted 350,000miles now my 2006 is terrible but too ashamed of trading or selling guess going to give up the ghost let it sit right in front of my home until a cement truck or drunk driver comes flying pass by will damaged it for good. The engine is costly in repairs...Tranny blew five times and all window motors have all mind of its own paid so much. The main repairs are very expensive like engine and trannies fixing in high bills one day it left me stranded the mechanic couldn't figure out what is the cause of these things happening to my Explorer. Put lots of faith into my truck because of last Ford I've owned now had nothing but problems after purchased my Explorer in 2007 with 0 miles gave me so much trouble. Spent lot on brakes changed pads/calipers now its another problem got take back into shop for tomorrow something is wrong with brake lines even the ABS indicator light flashing after this last repair will be taking off the tags and dropping insurance off it than look at another really good dependable vehicle until figure out what kind of make and model want to drive as my next new car purchased.
Only had it for 1,000 miles, purchased used w/ 58l miles. Car seems to be in excellent condition. CONS: I've experienced the common accelerator tip-in problem -- can't give it the pedal slowly, just seems to balk -- more pedal & then the turbos kick in & you zoom off. Brakes are extra touchy at in-town speeds, but excellent at high speed. An great cruising auto on the highway, but gas hog in town, more like 12-13 mpg than 15. Happy with it so far, but a little concerned about all the maintenance I've read that others have had to do. We'll see! Could turn out to be a foolish decision buying a 6 year old BMW with so many systems . . .but I'm optimistic.
My wife bought her Suzuki XL7 brand new in the summer of 2004, and have been 90 percent highway miles, we travel alot, and the only problem that we've had is the radio exited stage left at 103,000 miles, and the front wheel bearings are on their way, but over all it has been one of the best SUV's she's ever owned-We have replaced the tires once, and shortly to do it again,and replaced the brake pads twice, and normal oil and filter changes, of course, but it STILL has the original ignition,and drivebelts-We will try to find another, IF they still make them-This is one SUV that's been hard to beat, especially for a GM vehicle!!
I purchased my 2003 Rav 4 in 2006 with just over 30k miles. It had/has been maintained as recommended. It is a 5 speed manual transmission, which I have driven for more than 30 years of experience driving. I have had to replace two catalytic converters, an O2 sensor, a rear barring, the clutch, and now it is making a rattling noise. Each time I have not wanted to take on a new car payment, but this car has been a lemon. I found out the there was issued an extended warranty due to a defective Engine Computer ECM ECU PCM unit, but it expired at 10 years. This is my third and last Toyota. They should have notified me of the problem and repaired it before I replace 2 cat converters and an O2 sensor.
Money Pit-- Do not buy
I bought the Taurus in 2000 with 50k miles.) doing that amount of time car was very reliable now here it is mid 2015 as I will say the Taurus is a wonderful car. Replaced air filters at (107K), had 1 alternator went at (85K,) and one of the bearings went (110K,). Car doesn't suffer any burning oil but I did get camshafts replaced in '11 and in early 2013 replaced original crankshaft. People gave the nickname of Ford (FOUND ON THE ROAD DEAD) thankfully my '95 Taurus has really been one of the best vehicles ever owned. Still comfortable car though body/interior are in good shape car isn't beautiful as buying something like a Toyota at least I'm on the '95 original tranny and engine get low maintenance as have regular oil changes 2400 miles not a single issue. Very happy that still driving this car at 285,000 miles as one of the reviewers '95 had 307K, hopefully mines tick at 500K, runs smooth. I can't part with my car dependable ever lasting on roads its all original this vehicle shows no signs of breaking down or retiring at higher mileage this car has on original odometer. Would recommend buying the Taurus as a cheaper affordable vehicle that will last with getting it well maintained doing regular oil changes and changing minor stuff as needed.
I have had nothing but problems with mine. I had to put in a new transmission at 110k miles, new transfer case, new clutch, water pump, alternator, wiper motor, rear differential issues and had to have it drained and refilled a few times to clear out the sludge in it. I could go on and on. I have spent $8,000 in 4 years on repairs. Not including tune ups, valve adjustments, tires, oils changes and other regular costs. I want to sell it but every time I get it fixed I can not justify selling it after spending so much on it. I would never ever buy another Honda.
I have a 2004 nissan maxima that I am selling for parts. It was hit from behind and the rear bumper and trunk were damaged,but the tail light are still good. The engine and transmission are great,interior is in great condition!! All leather ,heated seats and heated steering wheel. The doors,windows,are all great! No cracked or chipped glass a/c works great!if you are interested in buying this car contact me @ or 405-837-1120. I'd like to sell the whole car.
Good reliable car runs and drives great. We bought the Stratus in 2003 with 40,000 after doing that time never once gave us a problem. I am still happy to be driving this car its at 185,000 no issues with nothing or breakdowns. Took care of everything on car oil changes, filters, plugs, brakes, rotations and more would not retired yet on us being a good little car ever owned. It was 1st car ever had purchased gets good gas mileage very comfortable with nice interior materials all of power equipment still works flawless. Just get engine oil change with using 5w20 Synthetic change plugs and rotate tires the car will last in a heartbeat being road worthy ever driving last up 200,000.
My son bought this car for me in 2008 w/36000 miles. It now has 58,000 miles. Ever since I've owned it the headlights have had to be replaced every 6months or so. Now when I'm driving at night the headlight have gone on and if I have the low beams go out the brights come on and visa versa. I live in the country and its just black and very scarry when they go out. What could be causing this. I really hate this car. It used to never stsrt. I got very friendly with the AAA people. I owned two Buicks, one for 10 years one for 11yrs. Never had to replace anything and they were both two yr old when I bought them. Did I mention how much I hate this car? My husband died and I cant afford another car.
I also have the same problem with my 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 4.8L. Sent to shop to have oil sending unit replaced. They called and said it was installed but that wasn't my problem. He said it was my oil pick up tube an screen. Shop called 2 days later, I was expecting them to say it was ready for pick up but instead said that wasn't my problem an recommended motor replacement. I drive my truck to work an back which is 206 miles per day. No noise, knocking ,smoking or lose of power. I bought it new on dec 31, 2010. It's five years old with 130,000 miles on her. Does anyone know if this is a factory defect or if there is a recall on the oil pressure in the 4.8L V8 engines.
Owned 2 4Runner's until purchased a 2004 Avalon. I LOVE the ride and comfort of this car I'm at 185,000. Gets excellent services oil changes with 3,500 mile scheduled maintenance. Runs smooth with the 6 cylinder love this car its worth everything in the book planning driving until all four wheels comes off. I recently got T-Belt changed @75,000 so far after 6 years owned my Avalon there hasn't been a major problems out this car. Will continue on servicing at three thousand miles no oil leaks or other issues have had with it but brakes/3 batteries its a good reliable vehicle as my '69 Plymouth Valiant bought used in 1974 this car is amazing with Toyota's Quality.
Purchasing this car is one of the best decisions I have made. I purchased it new and absolutely love it. I have roughly 215,000 miles and it still has a great ride. The only ongoing problem has been noise over bumps which started 1 year ago. It sounds like suspension but checks out ok. My service technician placed it on lifters and sprayed underneath(not sure where) and solved the problem. It has to be repeated occasionally. I notice it more when Houston experiences lots of water on the streets. It's my belief that the underbody car wash contributes to this problem. This car is probably good for another 3 years so I definitely recommend it and plan to purchase another Lexus.
Service ride control and traction control lights are always on. I do love my truck,though! She's my baby!
Good looking sporty car. I have had my Lincoln LS since 2004 with 24k miles this vehicle never requires nothing but getting a oil changed and spark plugs at almost 200,000. Got the luxury model with vent seats, navigation system, CD/Cass and more. The car got class engine is amazing I did go to Napa got a new air compressor after replacing original one but other things like batteries, brakes, plugs, bearings, etc., shop at AutoZone with lifetime warranty. LS has been a really nice beautiful awesome car ever driven though it was used as a rental turned into me driving around city n go traffic maybe traveling out of state every once in awhile. I love this car won't ever trade in for nothing because its a dependable running car worth everything after paid $28k in low miles and a used car company vehicle it is well cared for though lives out in the Nevada heat car is sparkle shining liked had rode off assembly line it runs and drives smooth being in sharp condition gets good estimated fuel economy. Thinking of buying another Lincoln if something ever happens to this car she is like going to the moon its a good reliable vehicle ever purchased though the first new car I had purchased after never owning a vehicle took the shuttle or had to walk everywhere needed to go until found a car with on my credit just purchased at price of $28k but was worth getting this car because its one trustworthy car I've ever had or drove.
We got the Navigator new. It is a wonderful truck but I'd say over the past couple of years we spent money getting few things all fixed on it. Changed four set of brakes, battery drained due of having the lights remaining on and leak in exhaust plus add we had to spend good bit on new catalytic and get emission system repairs. So far engine and tranny both have been great at 180,876 miles still comfortable to drive. I say if ever find a clean 2000 Navigator make sure it was maintained as faxing a Car fax report on it seeing if original owner ever had it fully serviced. We got our Navigator in May of 2000 it was been the best truck ever hope can keep making it run until 350,000 miles thinking of no other mechanical problems with Navigator its a great truck driven and bought being in mint shape got all serv. records and maintenance papers ever decide on selling letting new owners know what all has been taken care since we owned it.
I got the car used in 2004 it had 35,000 miles. The car engine is rock bottom a beast. Did get 02 sensors catalytic converter and alternator. The maintenance is a little expensive but its a fast car love the car overall runs like new it gets good fuel economy. Love handling, nice Bose sound system in-6disc CD changer, leather seats etc. Driving my Maxima at 240,000 already would definitely buy another in a heartbeat its a good car just don't like the expensive repairs got put into this car.
I've owned my current 2002 Tracker with a 2 liter engine and 5 spd transmission for over 7 years now. I bought it with 81K on and it was obvious it had been driven hard and put away wet when I bought it. BUT... the engine had no timing chain noise at start up (tell tale sign it needs a new timing chain, gear and tensioner kit) so I bought it. This was the 7th Tracker/Sidekick/Grand Vitara type vehicle I have owned since 1994. They are all essentially the same truck with minor badge differences. These vehicles are spartan in design and creature comforts, but they are durable and well engineered trucks that IF properly maintained will last through 300K miles, easily. The key to getting this type of long term use from these trucks is regular and PROPER maintenance, particularly when it comes to the oil changes and filters. The engines on the '99 and newer trucks have timing chains, hydraulic tensioners, and guides on them. The engines (both 2 liter and 2.5 liter are interference engines, meaning IF your timing chain fails, your engine will have valve damage because they will contact the pistons. You need to run 5X20 oil in them until they reach about 150K miles, then switch to 5X30 to account for slight bearing wear. DON'T buy cheap filters. Buy filters with the anti-drain back valves in them. The trucks will need a timing chain kit at or around 150-160K miles. Do it. Keep your diff, transmission and transfer case box gear oils changed regularly and your truck will carry you for hundreds of thousands of reliable miles. Don't perform the maintenance and you will experience the costs for repairs that lack of maintenance eventually costs everyone. The people who rate these trucks across the board as low quality, have either purchased a used vehicle which has not been properly maintained, then they experience the failure and repair expenses... OR the people buy them expecting them to have the creature comforts of a Denali, when they were never intended for that market niche. The air conditioners in these trucks are marginal at best. BUT if you have one replaced and you take your truck to a cheapee national garage chain to repair it... they probably aren't putting the 2-3 ounces of compressor oil in the pumps during installation and they burn up. A new compressor, installed on these trucks should never cost you more than $700 even at today's market prices. If you paid more... you got robbed and didn't do your homework. Don't complain about it being your truck's fault. I love my Tracker. It is reliable, capable and dependable. Not to mention it still gives me 24MPG on the highway even after all the modifications I have added to it such as higher differential gears, a rear mechanical locker, OME suspension, larger tire mud tires, etc. For a bare-bones little truck with basically just air conditioning and a radio, the hi-Lo transfer case enables it to go where some Jeeps cannot even travel. You can't find trucks of this quality on the market anymore. I'll keep mine. Thank you very much.
I bought my 2005 Pilot brand new and have had routine maintenance on it as suggested by the owners book. Just had the knock sensor harness replaced because some critter got to it and chewed it into two. Right now it has 215,000 miles on it, and still runs well. We like the car so much that we just bought the 2015 model. Gas mileage around town is crummy at 18 MPG, but we bought it because of its crash worthiness. Know of two people that owned one and theirs was totaled but they each walked away with minor injuries. Hopefully will not have to share any personal experiences.
I am an 18 year old kid and bought this as my first car. That being said, I don't expect it to last me that long cause when something goes wrong it is very expensive to fix it.when that day comes I'll have to part it out:(
A dodge ram 50 and power ram 50 are amazing trucks. The only thing not the best in them is the transmission. Thats the only weak link they have
Best fun car I have ever had. I am original owner of my 2005 GT Mustang coupe looks like ten years ago purchased off the Ford dealers lot. Now a decade later driving my car 80,000 miles she still rides smooth being a tidy bow ever owned this car is very flawless. Did put in through the test driving to NY but never did disappoint me driving with stainless steel interior with a beautiful maroon color exterior. Has automatic and 6 cylinder the handles beautifully can't believe actually still driving my Mustang. For a sports car gets good fuel economy and with cost of maintenance this car is not bad at all running on Synthetic oil runs forever. I've had several mechanics telling me this car will last another 60,000 miles doing excellent job keeping up the low maintenance does have some hail damage some body parts otherwise car is a beast ever. Overall still having lots of fun driving my Mustang excellent performance replaced just the minor things as a normal vehicle needs after been driving a while. Wouldn't trade my Mustang for another or look getting new vehicle purchased because this car is running fine at now driving it 140,000 miles no mechanical issues out of nothing I would recommend getting this car absolutely love my Mustang best car ever purchased being first Ford product.
Good car and its good on gas. Bought the little Ford Focus used in 2011 with 43,000 miles now this car is most dependable ever never put repairs until getting new A/C condenser. Runs well no other problems with Focus no rust living in Ohio this car might be better than a Civic or Corolla of this effective year. I have automatic tranny shifts smooth no problems out jerking or hesitation gets 35 mpg. Just love my 2007 Ford Focus it was a Enterprise rental but shipped to a small local dealer for me in purchasing a low priced budget car. Steering can be lacking and did get 5th set of brakes changed at 118,000 miles might coming from car being driven as rental getting all brakes replaced but engine is better with lots of good performance for small four banger motor just love my little Ford best purchased I've made.
Best car I have bought. It is the most less expensive vehicle ever driven - the routine maintenance is not all that expensive. I am so glad that purchased a Kia vehicle gas saver 100% trouble free only things in the lasted 6 years were battery, tires, pads and plugs at 85,000k. The car is very dependable most people might say bad things about lower economical cars but with me buying a Kia was best thing ever happened. Do plan driving this car for another 80,000 miles no rust appealing/showroom new in good shape. Transmission shifts smooth interior and seats are comfortable great stereo sound everything is absolutely the best on my Optima even warranty is excellent as advertised on the Kia commercials. I would recommend buying a Kia vehicle.
I have a 2007 Mercury Mountaineer and bought it used from Carmax in 2011 with very low miles. This has been a great vehichle hauling my 2 sons back and forth to college, especially having to pull a uhaul as well. Now entering close to 100,000 miles im having to replace ignition coils.This is my first big problem with the vehicle but overall happy with this suv. My suggestion to all who owns any vehicle is to keep a warranty of some type on your vehicle to help with cost of repairs.
This Car is quite the creampuff. You can usually fine them in good shape for about 3k with good miles and a few issues. If your lucky enough to find one grab it. You will enjoy the comraderee. Look up for all of your repair issues and research the year, make and models available. Good luck.
My 6spd manual 2012 CC now has 125k miles on it and going strong. A few key maintenance events outside the typical. Hoping to get another year out of it. I follow the "standard" VW maintenance schedule (but not always at the dealership depending on the services) - 55000, 5/9/13, new Michelin Pilot Sport tires - 73913, 11/22/13, Sudden EPC, rough engine, MIL. Replaced faulty cylinder #2 coil and all spark plugs - 74110, 12/7/13, Sporadic rear lamp function. Replace trunk wiring harness - 81000, 2/20/14, Replace manifold due to vacuum leak, check engine light (under warranty) - 115000, 3/17/15, Replace tires with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 - 121827, 5/15/15, Sudden EPC and MIL (no other symptoms), high pressure fuel pump parts and labor ($689). Also, front/rear shocks starting to leak per dealership.
Good vehicle it's quality at best. The town car runs smooth at 203,000 miles no weird noise or issues out of vehicle love the color of exterior (champagne metallic.,). Ever since had my car has gotten best city mileage and impressive highway mileage it's a well excellent car. Common problems known for these cars and other Lincolns the suspensions aren't so good seen quite town cars in neighborhood with bad suspension problems got mines repaired. It's full luxurious love every available option got equipped on my Town car very peppy feels like a Cadillac but bypass the feeling driving my old faithful Lincoln. Took a trip to Palm Springs FL averaged 22-25mpg Hwy and in city driving average 18-20mpg city driving. The car always gets wonderful maintenance there are no cracks on dashboard or interior problems. Runs forever even get a smooth cruising ride like a yacht though it's a 99 vehicle seems bit technology for a 16 year old car but it's very reliable not going to lie because had the car for last 9 years never given me a problem. I would buy another Town car in a heartbeat purchased from an authorized dealership here in Pittsburgh got best deal car is dependable driving at 203,000 miles still purrs every time driving around town et ready on replaced 3rd set of tires for it and changed oil with 5w30 Synthetic no oil leaks or stalling issues.
The rpms goes higher and transmission is really bad. I think its time for a new car to buy bought it used in 2008 problems happened after 2010 getting catalytic converter $235.45 than replaced 02 oxygen sensor at $180.00 other things are very high in repairs on this car. I do love the car and looks of it but its not holding up well at all still would look into another Mazda vehicle.
I bought my Mariner in 2011 with 83k miles its a good vehicle with best quality ever. My last car was a 1995 Toyota Camry that I've purchased new but sadly totaled my vehicle an very reliable car ever too but needed another dependable ride. Overall love my Mariner its nice runs and drives like a champ, there no issues with nothing good car has good handling with the V6 and the performance is best in snow conditions. Mariner gets good fuel economy only things done are regular maintenance and oil changes etc. I'm at now 145k miles still runs like new purchased for $9000.00 at local service dealership the car is beautiful being in great condition although bought used vehicle since couldn't afford newer car started off in a cheaper way but my Mariner is an awesome vehicle love the options its very easy to drive no rattles or squeaks. Its peppy faster and love the fuel economy getting over 28mpg my ht. is 6'4'' and 188 lbs. the Mariner is a comfortable vehicle driving around which literally have be more relaxed and comfortable in city driving still the best vehicle ever had besides my Camry this Mercury is a head turner.