Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

I have an LT. The interior is leather. It has run perfectly for nearly 3 years, although I don't put high mileage on it. The only problem I've had is that I replaced the original intake with a cold-air intake and it wasn't mounted tightly enough. Be sure to follow the instructions as to shifting in and out of 4 Wheel Low. It is surprisingly nimble for so vast a vehicle. It is not as powerful, or at least it seems so, as older Suburbans; however, it's only a 327 c.i.d. so that's expectable.
I bought the car used one year ago. I started with 55K, now at 68k. It is an EX-L V6. I have not experienced the problems listed below; however, the prior owner may have lived through them. I change the oil every 5k miles. The only areas where this car could have been better include body integrity (rattles) and brake noise (the lining is fine - just noisy ~ which I have experienced with other cars). Based on thoughts below, I suppose time will tell.
I purchased my Chevy in 2014 with 96000 miles on it I've had a few issues with wiring in the fuse box under the hood now having issues with transmission not shifting in to 2nd gear I hear these trucks have a lot of wire problems
Bought a used 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ in December 2014. My Stabila track light comes on, then it hard shifts in 1st gear. Check engine light comes on now and then too. Have multiple sensors replaced, then the Camshaft sensor (1200.00), 4 weeks later it's doing it again. Now they want to replace the camshaft sprocket sensor for another $600. Burns a lot of oil too. We have no idea what is wrong with this truck. We are putting a lot of money into chasing down this problem. No idea what to do. Feel duped.
Cost to repair this car is more expense than the current price. many light in dashboard appear in my Prius 2007 with 84,000. According with the Tech repairs from Headquarter Toyota the ABS assembly was damage. to repair this piece of that car cost me more than US$3,600.00 Between other pieces to running again on this hybrid car I have to place US$4,900 in the table to fix. The current price for this car in the market is in average US$6,400.00. And Toyota USA never recognize to replace that ABS piece since they made other recalls on this cars on 2,012, year when I purchase this expensive car.....saving money on gas, but to repair is more money for Toyota???????
I have had my 2003 Sunfire since 2004, I bought it from Enterprise Car Rentals, I have had nothing major, my A/c Compressor went out in 2011 had it replaced, Breaks one or 2x's, runs fantastic, great gas millege 14mpg, my Power Window on passenger side has gone out 2x's once were both, now just passenger side motor. I am having the Crankshaft Seal replaced next week. Besides all these Transmission is very strong and I am very happy with it
I am the 3rd owner of this vehicle. It is a 2.5l 4cyl. so it has a weaker transmission and rear axle due to a low amount of power. had to replace whole rear end mechanically 4 years ago. Body/interior is fairy OK for it being 17 years old, but with the design it easily gets rock chips on the grill and windshield. Brakes have been great, only had to replace once in the 7 years I've owned it, mainly because it is so light and I don't hit the brakes hard. Electrical has been fine, just a short somewhere for my light above the spare-tire (not required so why put time and money into it). Engine has been great. I've developed an exhaust leak somewhere under the hood, which I didn't think I'd have to worry too much about getting because it's only a 4 cyl. heating is fine. suspension still stock, but recently developed a power steering leak, and it seems like it is both in high and low pressure areas, yet still gradual. Seeing if oil with stop leak will help.
I bought my 2006 Taurus in 2007 with 8,000 miles. It was a dealer show car. It has ran very well. Had to replace the starter at 100,000 miles. Have done regular maintenance, oil, tires,etc. Now has 110,000 and starts with no problem, milage is still right on, runs like a charm. It has been a good car.
had to to major front end work at 61000 had to replace the computer at 62000 had to replace the EGR servo valve at 65000 engine also has a knocking rod, i chose to trade it in and not repair, i have driven a couple of park avenues and the lucern is not the same quality, it is crap i traded this lemon in and got a new Nissan maxima, the difference in quality is astounding, GM will not survive, Obama will pump billions into to it until it dies.
Bought my 2003 XC90 brand new and have had nothing but problems! I have serviced it through the dealer and have kept it in a garage when not in use.Its now 12 years old with only 66,000 miles and the dealer is telling me that it needs a new engine!!! I will NEVER buy another Volvo
Granted I am going off of my own personal 1999 Yukon Denali which had about 82,000 miles had a brand-new 350 crate motor put in it by Chevy before I bought it , I did change the exhaust with magna flow true dual plus highflown cats and a can and cool air intake I get fantastic power and considering the weight I get great gas mileage . Breaks I had met with this size and weight of vehicle the brakes could be larger , as far as electrical it has been known that the Denali will have some electrical problems concerning the windows ,Windshield wipers ,and stereo as they are connected together, the drivetrain is fantastic the first thing I did when I test drove the vehicle was taken out four wheeling it does come with two will hi for Wilhide four-wheel low and all-wheel-drive and is a fantastic four-wheel-drive system considering if you are in snow we're dealing with rain or icy roads four-wheel-drive my Dinali climbs incredibly, I love the interior the seats are fantastic considering I am on disability and do have chronic back pain the seats are very comfortable and make it possible for me to do long trips , the air-conditioning of the vehicle I have no complaints the controls for the back cool Authorware the vehicle break quickly and the Franckles off quickly as well considering I do live in southern Nevada in the desert and we do get 110 215° in the summer is still an all-around great vehicle , please you have to figure the 1999 Yukon Denali was painted black and had a Cadillac emblem placed on it and was called the Cadillac Escalade in 1999 , so if it's good enough to make a Cadillac out of its greatest far comfort as far as four-wheel-drive and you're climbing or harsh weather such as mud or snow or ice the four-wheel-drive system is better than that of the Tahoe like I said I'm going by my personal vehicle , and I never really liked GMC or big on Chevy except for the cars until I bought my Yukon Denali . But one should consider before you spend the tens of thousands or $100,000 on a Cadillac Escalade look at a Yukon Denali first, you get the comfort of Cadillac but you get the durability and the drivetrain of an awesome four-wheel-drive.
Bought this car with roughly 10k miles in 2013 since then I've had 1 recall for ignition and now needs sensors replaced, interior fabric looks cheap but the woodgrain dash is eye catching! Car has a bad blind spot that I had to get used to and to me it seems the car drinks a lot of gas! This is.my 4th Chevy and I think this has been the worst. I Dont foresee myself purchasing another one.
Looks like a cool car I would like to try out.
We actually just rented this thing for a family vacation. I had never been a fan of big vehicles till this one. it was so roomy, handled really well, pot holes and speed bumps did not faze this thing, its like they where not even there. Ran well fast response. I would recommend it.
I bought this when my Mustang gave out. bought it brand new. I always heard Hondas where good cars but I was pretty impressed with how well this car handles, its a V4, with econ button, so I get on average, 34-37 Miles to the gallon, (its my work commute car) its got a great dash board, mostly digital, sept for some reason the rpm gauge. It has a hidden usb connector in the center console, where I plug in my flash drive and have 20 Gigs of my own music that it handles just fine. (wish it would display the music art, as it displays when I plug in the Ipod..) but its a nice system. All in all I would buy another Honda.
We got this one brand new, for an economy car it has lasted us till now, I now finally had to do some big maintenance related things to it, the oil was starting to leak out and had to replace the water pump, radiator, and thermostat. ran with its original parts till now. 2015 great little economy car.
I had, a 1996 Ford Mustang, it was a great car, I had it for 13 years, it was dependable, it ran great, even though i did not do a lot of upkeep for it. No complaints about it, just the last years I had the car, it started finally falling apart. Had to day good bye to it. I would get another Mustang.
This car is an absolute nightmare of repairs. You constantly fear something is going to go wrong. Not worth the logo. Thousands of dollars in repairs from putting on under 15k.
I love this car and it's performance as it looks more like a star fighter space ship, nice lines, etc. and mine is all black, all black interior with the dark light covers on the rear lights. 6 speed 5.7, but with nitrous (NOS)is more than I need. Lot's of custom upgrades for performance before I got it. Now engine light is on with poor performance so looking for info like where is OBD hookup? Seems like a plug or distributor problem (rough idle/poor acceleration with backfire) but there is no true distributor. Helpful hints on web are gas cap (but that won't cause backfire/poor performance?) or the two air injection check valves (where are those?)or PVC valve, the simplest solut6ion to start with. Custom air filters seem OK, but another thing that should be eliminated.
Best van every made.
A peice of junk
Brakes went at 19,000 refused to cover warrenty numerous ball joints, tie rods issues under recall for igintion problems sometime some things like windshield wipers heating do not work. high cost of maintence last american car i will buy
2012 dodge advenger 86,000 miles. Had the car for 2 years. Love the room and style. But huge blind spot and major front brake issues. Even taking to les scwab and needs new brakes after a month. Even with regular oil changes a knocking noise from engine compartment. Foul smell when ac is on even after replacing the ac Filter. Just yesterday all my dash lights went crazy and my tranny wouldn't shift and the max speed I could drive was 35mph. Possible battery issue or pcm issue, waiting to hear. I have the 2.4 liter 4cyl and I like the power. Haven't had any major repair issues til know but brakes get expensive changing often. My model only shows 1 recall with head restraint. Overall so far been good but thinking of trading it in after issues everyone else is having.
I bought my 2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible with just 14,700 miles on the odometer. I'd owned the 99 Sebring Convertible, with a 2.5L engine before and enjoyed it very much. This one is heavier, and has a 3.5L engine. The interior of the 99 was nicer, as were the rims. The 2008 handles very well, and I like the "heavier" feeling on the road. The 99 had limited trunk space (only one bag of golf clubs filled the available space) because a sizable portion had been carved out to store the convertible top when it was down. The 2008 design corrected this by storing the top in the trunk lid when it's down. It does have a very large trunk - even for a hard top car. The first time I put the top down and observed the "transformer" like, convoluted engineering they came up with to stash the top in the lid to the trunk - I knew that would be the first thing to break - and it was. The second thing to break was the plastic "ears"(which contain sensors) on the convertible top "carriage" that must be in place on the trunk sidewalls for the convertible top to operate. Mechanically it has performed very nicely. It has solid acceleration which I appreciate when passing or merging onto the Interstate or turnpike. It lost it's solid "holding" the road at around 75000 miles and required new struts to correct the sloppiness and poor tire wear. Once the struts were replaced the solid, road hugging characteristic thankfully returned. It is timing belt driven, and I had that replaced at 86000. All in all I've enjoyed the car very much.
I bought my WS6 new in 2001. As of 2015, my car has 210,000 miles. My car is still completely stock. During the first 100,000 miles - I had to replace the AC compressor while still under the factory warranty. The only other item under the hood the went bad is the alternator. I replaced both headlight gears with brass gears. I had to replace the turn signal light housings multiple times because they would crack and fill with water, causing the lights to stop working. Finally, I drilled drain holes in the bottom and have had no more issues. I had two Monsoon woofers blow and the replacements were supposed to be upgraded. They have not been a problem since. My volume knob on the Monsoon radio is not working as it should but I have steering wheel controls and replacing it will not prevent it from going bad again. The knob is a poor design. I replaced the clutch slave cylinder and installed a new clutch while I was there even though it didn't need it. I had to replace the passenger window motor which is strange because that window is almost never used. The second 100,000 miles - I had to replace the water pump and the power antenna motor. My alarm no longer functions as it should. I cannot lock the car or it sounds the alarm. The Monsoon is beginning to have problems reading CDs on occasion. The differential gears are starting to whine so I need to have the gears adjusted. Here's the big one - the pilot bearing went bad and chewed up the input shaft of my transmission. I had to have the T56 rebuilt. After 200,000 miles - My AC compressor is starting to make noise so it will need to be replaced soon. I also had to have my sail panel replaced because the paint was bubbling. It turns out the GM started using an inferior glue in 1998 the leaches through the composite and will destroy the paint. There is no fix other than full replacement and if your car is an LS1 it WILL happen eventually. This problem actually started when the car was still under the corrosion warranty and GM would have replaced it for free if I had known. It never occurred to me that it was something they would warranty. It would have been nice if they sent a letter to owners to let them know, since this issue is fully their fault. Of course I still have the typical LS1 piston slap when the engine is cold. My car has no squeaks or rattles except for a very slight noise from the t-tops. I do have a little wind noise but I still have the original weatherstrips. The interior has held up very well with only moderate wear to the leather driver's seat and the Hurst shift handle. Overall, its been a good car. Some of the complaints or poor ratings I have read just make no sense to me. For example to say the AC is 'fair'? The AC is excellent! Plenty of force from the fan and 41 degrees in the middle of hot humid Texas summers. I tracked my mileage with every fill up for the first 100K and I have a spreadsheet with all of the data. I saw around 20-22 mpg in town (This is with the skip shift eliminator) and have seen a best of 31 mpg strictly on the highway, on multiple occasions. The worst I have ever seen is 17 mpg after a night at the race track followed by town driving.
My 2006 Ford Explorer just clicked 200,000 miles. Only substantial repairs have been U-bolts and a water pump.
I bought a 2006 Ford Taurus in 2013 about 6 mths in I needed a catalyc converter; about a year after that I needed a starter; Currently my exhaust system is done!!!!! I was also told the suspension will need to be repaired on the front and back. I bought this car with 81,000 miles on it.
Saw my first FJ in 2006 and immediately ran to the nearest Toyota dealer to order the new 2007 VooDoo Blue FJ 4X4 5-speed automatic (a real tough-girl's car)with many extras...have over 100,000 miles now and still navigating the mud and the Chicago expressways with equal ease. Maneuvers better than any two wheel drive American made passenger vehicle I have ever owned. Will never part with it except to buy another one just like it.
I purchased a used 2008 BMW 135i in September 2012. After two weeks, I started having trouble with the adaptive headlights and the dealer wanted $4000 to replace them. From all the research I have done, it appears a lot of other 135i owners have had similar issues with their headlights. Before I could have the headlights replaced, one of the turbos went out and the water pump stopped working. After I paid $2000+ to have the turbo replaced, I found out that BMW had been repairing them at their expense. I contacted BMW and requested reimbursement but they refused. Every two or three weeks, something else goes wrong with the car. BOTTOM LINE, buy this care at your own peril. Save yourself a lot of headaches and expense and DON'T!!!!!!
My previous cars had more style & swag. However this car is the most reliable and almost carefree. I did change the front disc brakes at 50K. The back brakes should be good until 100K (I have 60K miles on it now). I drive it to Vegas 3-4 times a year, and it runs like a beaut! 39 miles to the gallon and not too much noise on the freeway going 75mph for a 4 cylinder engine. I changed the transmission oil and changed the radiator fluid at 50K. That is all I have done to this vehicle. I will keep it for another $100K and then sell it (I have had offers already because it is in almost mint condition). Great car.