Newest Reviews:
  • 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid The car is a piece of crap. I have had problems with the car from the time that I bought it. The tires wore out in 6 months, the door locks did not work, the break system failed (at a cost of $3,000) the windows stopped working, on an on. I feel cheated because I thought Hondas were reliable- able to go $200,000 without a serious problem. I will never buy another Honda, ever.
  • 2010 Chrysler 300 Bought car new, had Overheated at about 30,000 miles, electrical system shut down, ABS lights on. Supposedly repaired at dealer in West Monroe, La. June of this year at 35,000 miles ABS lights on again. Dealership in Union City, Tn., repaired. 39,500 miles ABS lights on again., is at Union City dealer again. In June 2014, had to replace the ABS wheel speed senso r on passenger front, this time am told will have to replace the wheel speed sensor on passenger rear.
  • 2000 Cadillac DeVille 2001 Deville with Northstar engine,orignal owner. My care runs good until I take the car to the dealership. It doesn't matter what problem the car is having. After pickup another problem is created. Just spend $3000 on brakes replacement, air condition, power steering problem. The original trouble was power steering fluid on driveway. They replaced a 3 ft long metal tube with a filter in the middle. Next day, my air conditioner was blowing hot air. They found a torn hoses. Hose replacement and oil change. Next day after pickup, after driving 20 miles. I heard an audible alarm, display "idle engine" and car temperature was going up. Turn engine off immediately and had car towed to dealership. Waiting from dealership. I love the comfortable of my 2001 Cadillac Deville. Ready to move on to a foreign car. This car has cost an arm and leg in repair bills. Ready to report Dealer ship to BBA and DA.
  • 2010 Cadillac DTS Fuse box under rear seat particularly the fuel pump relay gone bad dealer charges 285 for the box How is this not a recall issue when it is apparent a known problem to all dealers
  • 2011 GMC Yukon Denali Bought this vehicle used and love it. A smooth, luxurious ride. Our favorite things: Sturdy suspension, all-wheel drive has ruined us for ever having a vehicle with front-wheel, and the rubber mats are a quick clean-up fix. Only thing that has been a small let down- the dashboard cracked at 64,000 miles. I believe the weight of the speaker in the dashboard was just too much. If the dash were braced more adequately, this probably wouldn't have happened. All-in-all, this has been a dream vehicle.
  • 2003 Volvo XC70 Great car, but don't buy it to save money. Get one and keep your Corolla or Civic for when gas goes up and for when its in the shop..-Gordon
  • 1999 Mercedes-Benz C280 1999 MB C280 with 108k miles. Great car. Bought it from the original owner in Central Florida. I've had over 20+ Mercedes, and will NOT drive anything else. Prior to my purchase of the 1st generation (W202) C class, I was skeptical, since all I've owned were E, S and SL class Mercedes. I took a chance on this "C" class. And, WOW!!! I am quite impressed, especially for a 15 year old car!! With some minor routine DIY repairs, and of course, doing the 100k mile service to the car, I am impressed! It handles and drives great! Almost as well as my E420 and my 560SEL. Its a nice, sporty small car, and looks are deceptive!!! A HUGE trunk, and will carry four passengers comfortably. It gets great MPG, is a great highway cruiser or daily commuter car. My only issue is the "bio-degradable" wiring DB used in the headlights, and some other places in the car during those years, so be sure to check out any exposed wires to make sure the insulation is not cracking. A good example is The wiring inside my headlights had cracked due to both the hot Florida climate and age, but thats to be expected, and an easy fix. Find a Chevy, Ford or other American or Jap crap with these minimal issues and similar age. I expect to drive this until the wheels fall off!! If you want to get your first Mercedes, and cannot afford an "E" or "S" class, check out the entry level W202 body C280 "C" class. As long as it's not rusted or have had any previous accidents, and has been maintained, expect a great car at a reasonable price that will long outlast anything years newer. So, don't pass up a nice "C" class, especially if you find an exceptionally clean one like mine. No regrets.
  • 2004 Pontiac Grand Am my window regulater is wethless. every pontiac grand am i have seen has had mager scratches in the front two seats. i was complaining about it when i came across another poniac, completely the same as mine for sale. with the SAME scratches all over the windor. how was there not a recall for the damn regulaters? so far it has only stalled on me 5 times in the past few months. it's almost like poniac did what they could to make the vehicle look better but ran out of money and said fuck it lets make the rest of it out of cardboard.
  • 2009 Mercury Milan Very pleased with my Milan. It has 90,000 miles. Still has the original brakes. The only maintenance performed (excluding routine maintenance) were blower fan for heater at 40K, Master cylinder at 90K. The car handles nicely. It gives a smooth, comfortable ride on the highway. Gas milage has remained consistent over the life of the car.
  • 2005 BMW X5 Really lovely car to drive,quiet,powerful,handles well,good brakes, tows my 23ft Haines Hunter boat easily, averages 20-23 mpg. Only trouble IvĂ© had is Alternator packed up at 200,000 kilometers which auto electrician said was caused by oil from an engine oil leak and allowing oil into cooling fins which caused brushes in Alternator to disintegrate. New Alternator $654.00 NZ. I did the job myself but not easy first time. Also top radiator hose the top plastic fitting onto the radiator neck became weak (plastic) and the fitting on it for the small hose to the expansion tank broke of. I tried to repair it reasonably well but bought a new one in the end. You have to by the whole thing even though it has 6 or so parts to it $ 260.00 NZ ??? Luckily I am a mechanic so do my own work but boy o boy these babies are not easy to work on I can see why it is costly to have repairs done !!! My car has done 202,000 k now and still runs sweet uses about a liter of oil in 10,000k ( most of it leaked ) Have changed the life long Auto trans fluid which is important to do I believe. I would have another one a later model and less Ks one day.
  • 2003 Ford Explorer I brought the truck brand new , around 94,000 miles the rears went in the truck, then around 95,000 the transmission went bad. Had to get a engine because the timing jumped. Overall the truck was good until it got to 94,000 then everything started going wrong. My brother had a 2004 Ford explorer same thing happened transmission then the engine. Ford knows it's a problem but won't honor or recall the vehicle.
  • 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe For the most part I was very satisfied with my car which was purchased new. I maintained the recommended maintenance on the car and had a number of years without problems. The paint started to pill in 2011 I started having a problem when I get gas; the car will not start without significant difficulty. I have to press the gas pedal to the floor and give it a lot of gas once whatever needs to catch, catches. After a few minutes of giving it gas, the car is ok until the next time I get gas then the process starts all over again. I was surprised to read that so many other owners with the 2002 Santa Fe are experiencing the same problem. From reading another review I believe this may be related to the gas door. At all times the car accelerates on high, but runs slow. I frequently have to move my foot from the accelerator for it to pick up some speed. In addition from reading other reviews I also may need to have my power steering pressure lines replaced to address the squealing when I turn the steering wheel that increases in volume.
  • 1997 GMC Safari I've had my 8 passenger GMC Safari XLS van 11 years and it's a rock. The floor is original with no holes ever, the transmission is original with only a sealant replaced once with never a clunk on shifting, and the 6 cylinder engine is the original with well over 400,000 km and counting. It is also so quiet you can barely hear it running. The driver's seat is the most comfortable place to sit inside or out, including my house, and it is just so reliable.The dutch doors on the rear are great with the convenience of a rear wiper. Not perfect of course but I love my sporty 2 wheel drive green van and I plan to keep it on the road as long as I possibly can! Never mind this is the year 2014, I'm not quitting!!!LOVE MY VAN!!!
  • 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 This is a great truck. My only gripe is the air conditioning, which from what I have read online in forums, was a sore point in many Dodge products for that year. This truck rocks in all other respects. As a precaution, I put a hi-power lift pump on it to keep the VP44 injector pump lubed and cool. I pull a big 5th wheel over Snoqualmie Pass in Wash. with no problems. The truck is rock solid. My wife says its too noisy inside though, which it is but that's what I love - that old school diesel rattle. Mine is an '01 with the high output motor and a 6 speed manual. Try to find one with 150,000 or so miles if you can; you'll pay about 13 G's for one in good condition; that's cheap when you look at the cost of the newer diesels.
  • 2005 Chrysler Town & Country 2005 town and country.73,000 miles when I. Got it. Had issues. With locks for a few months that just went away on its own.it now has 227,899 miles power steering pump has a wine after two hour runs and needs new front rotors. Had a problem getting the spare tire down so I unbolt the entire thing from body. It looks to me that a clip that was installed into the part that the tire hangs from was installed upside down, not allowing the tire to lower even with cable loose. Not a fun job on side of highway...
  • 2006 Infiniti M45 I own the M45 Sport. I love it. No major problems. Still runs well. The interior is showing to show little signs of wear and tear. I plan on keeping it at least 4 more years.
  • 2013 Toyota Camry this car will not out any heat below 20 degrees. below zero temps you can count on being cold for your trip It takes forever to warm up inside. If you drive it for about 5 miles, let it sit for 30 minutes, then it will warm up
  • 2003 Chevrolet Venture Hello, My name is Elaine Groh- I was killed in my 2003 Chevy Venture when steering became loose, I tried to control it, but vehicle ended up hitting a tree and it flipped over 4 times, while hitting more trees- My air bad NEVER deployed, so I was partially ejected & was strangled by my seat belt. I survived & spoke until they got me into ambulance & I died. My daughter is typing this, I am in heaven. My advice to anyone who has this type of mini- van is GET RID OF IT! Before it kills you, too-PS I just edited my zip code- accident occurred in FL. not KS.
  • 2008 Buick Enclave I purchased a 2008 Buick Enclave in 2010. It was a buy back situation and was told that the reason for buy back was resolved and car was in perfect condition. Loved the car until I went on vacation and needed air conditioning. For the past 4 years I have had nothing but problems with my air conditioning. It has been in the shop more than 10 times trying to figure out why after 1 hour of driving the air conditioning quits! Several mechanics experienced the problem after driving it but were unable to diagnose and fix the problem. I am unable to take long trips in my car if air conditioning will be needed. I am extremely disappointed with the car and the dealership as they handed the car back to me without any resolution to the problem. I BOUGHT A LEMON AND THEY KNOW IT! (I must say I was treated very well by the dealership staff. Very polite.)
  • 1998 Mercedes-Benz SL600 I bought my car about 8 years ago for a Summer cruiser. I like the looks of the car and it's smooth ride. It is my first Mercedes. I am a better than average wrench when working on a car. My daily driver is a Lexus LS 460 and have been driving Lexus since 2000. I am used to premium luxury and I have to say, the Mercedes has been a bit of a disappointment. The SL 600 was the top of the line 2 seater and sold above $100,000 and yet there has hardly been a year where I didn't have an issue of some kind. Suspension problems, engine coils, air conditioning, convertible top problems and now an engine light. This car has less than 56,000 miles. This is NOT what I expected and when Lexus finally builds a sporty convertible I will sell this beautiful looking car.
  • 2008 Honda CR-V It's a Honda CR-V, so the ride is similar to an amusement park bumper car ride -- very little comfort but it still runs fine. Oddly, the front seats are rubbing against metal each time we sit on them and the cushion is actually being grated away and finely ground cushion is always visible below the outside of both seats... and no, we're not overweight. Recently the passenger door lock has decided to unlock itself while moving and it cannot be locked manually. This is a tremendous security risk and thus far, even though there has been a recall of many other CR-Vs with this issue, Honda is not honoring that recall on my vehicle which seems very odd to me since it's the same issue. I guess I should have stuck with Ford, as my husband wished. This is my second Honda and after my first one seized up due to a timing belt issue that was later recalled, I should have learned my lesson and stayed away. This will definitely be my last Honda.
  • 2005 Dodge Dakota 10 years and just normal wear items 85000 miles just replaced 1 fuel injector. followed schedule in manual still going with no issues used as everyday street vehicle
  • 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser I bought this car in August 2014. The car only has 32,500 miles on it. The complete AC unit has gone bad. Thanks goodness I bought extended warranty and the only thing that is not covered is the ac belt which will cost me $67.00. The sensor for the airbag on the passenger side has gone bad and needs to be replaced which is not covered by warranty and will cost $200.00. I find it odd that I have driven cars that have had well over 100,000 miles on them and never had a airbag sensor go bad and this vehicle only has 32,500 miles and its gone bad. Other then those 2 things I have had no problems with this vehicle
  • 2008 Honda Accord I thought my brand new 2008 Honda accord would be my dream car but I was wrong. I too have problems with the rear brakes, air conditioner, a $700.00 repair to fix a sensor light but my biggest disappointment is the cheap interior console trim. At first it got stretchy then just tore apart. Dealer said it's normal wear and tear (??) and a letter and pictures to Honda's deaf ears....would I recommend a Honda...think not
  • 2005 Suzuki Verona Other than normal maintenance issues with a 150K miles, the only unresolved issue I have is with the car's handling. Whether in tight corners at low speeds or wide corners at moderate speed the front wheels tend to track on what feels like rails with the rear wheels following a different tracking. Its alarming enough to where I think an inexperienced driver could lose control. Tires are condition and inflation are correct. Any suggestions?
  • 2007 Saturn Vue Very happy with my 2007 Vue. I bought it brand new, no real problems with it. Did the regular maintenance. I have nearly 150,000 miles on it and need to do some front end work on it, thunking and pops when I turn. Overall, I'd buy it again...
  • 2011 BMW 328i This is the 3rd 3 series I've owned, and it is everything I have come to expect from my bimmers. I started with a 1999 323, then a 2003 325, which were totaled and I walked away without a scratch. I enjoy the nice ride of the 328 and the only complaint I have is the cup holder placement on the dash, as the passenger cupholder has had to be replaced twice under warranty. I love my bimmers! Between the 323 and 325 I was coerced into buying an Acura, but didn't keep it a year because it didn't have the feel I had come to expect behind the wheel. The 323 had the sports suspension package and was the most fun to drive (and practically made it's own gas) but the smooth, quite ride of the later two keep me legal (most of the time). 3 months after owning the 328 I was side-swiped by an 18-wheeler on the interstate and still walked away unharmed! I feel safe in these vehicles! And it looks good as new although I hated it had to be painted. I know better than to buy anything else. I am definitely hooked.
  • 2012 Nissan Sentra Last of the old body. I paid 18,300 out the door for this SR. Pleasantly surprised how nice it drives, great gas mileage and still on original brakes. Love the way it shifts, smooth and I never feel any jerking motion. Best car for the money. Ugly rear end but I got used to it.
  • 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Bought my 03 Ram 1500 SLT quadcab used in 2006. It had 60,500 miles exactly. Ive owned the truck for 8 years and it never left me sit anywhere. I keep the oil changes every 5000 miles. All I've done is replace the heater core, radiator, water pump, fan clutch, and one wheel hub assembly. All that except the heater core was just this past year. I just replaced the factory battery as well. The truck now has 210,000 miles on her and my vacuum booster for the brakes went out. I've done more to a lot of vehicles with much less mileage.
  • 2013 Kia Sorento I hate this car. Plain and simple. Previously owned a Toyota Rav 4 and this car, although much more expensive, does not compare. Radio replaced before 35000 miles. Slider panels covering full length moon roof rattle open with normal driving vibrations, leaving my grandson baking in the sun in the back seat or the sun baking the leather seats. These panels are automated in the Rav 4. For $38000....they should be automated in the Kia Sorento. Taken to dealer twice to have repaired with no results. Air conditioner has a high pitched squeak to it when run on high. Worst of all are the headlights...can't see at night when on normal beams, even with fog lights on. When I ride with high beams, no one even flashes their lights at me, that's how bad they are. Ride is much rougher than the Rav 4, and feels tippy when taking any type of tight turn. Mileage is ok, but V6 has nowhere near the power of the Rav 4. Next car....definitely never again will be a KIA.