Newest Reviews:
  • 2010 Ford Fusion Computer chip controlling throttle went nuts 2 weeks after buying it 4/2013. It took a month of fighting with CarMax Ford and two Ford repair shops to get it fixed. Seems there was a recall in 2013, but prior owner did nothing about it. Check with Ford directly to see if your model has had a recall.The 4cyl. has had the most problems.
  • 2006 Volvo XC90 /horrible car and service ...tires failed at 6000 miles I told the dealer they did nothing then they called me at 10,000 miles to do a prorated new tire rebate which was nothing to the same kind of tires....the car did not start at 5 or 7,000 miles and got a jump took it to the dealer they said a recall on the battery software....( now in to deep to get out....later found out they sold me a so called new car to my face while anything with miles on it expecially 4000 miles is considered used)..lets go on after miticulus car and purple oil and more they told me the engine had sludge and the sun roof was clogged and that not covered under warentee after a second opinion and proof this was not true...the dealer was rude and mean.....drove the car to Colorado from plano and the cd player burned up then drove to Oregon ( got the car for long distances as it was my 2nd car) and had to put a new engine in it thank GOD I bought the top of choices of extended warrentee due to I had low miles but the time ran out for Volvo to cover anything.....that was a horrible experience and only due to immaculate car and keeping records did they do anything ....and everything was a fight.....the car still leaked and online an attorney was doing a national suit against Volvo for doors leaking but I had to prove I went to dealer but the dealer would not give me the report that said I came to them when I was under warrenttee ( the last visit I was told it was there but they could not open it and could not ggive it to me) ....so new engine ( well you kknow how that goes used rebuilt) then replacement of computer chips of about 3000 dollars and some not covered under the warrettee....so now back to texas and one check engine light on and told by Oregon it was not covered and not essential and since Oregon does not do emission testing this not important BUT in texas could not get inspection sticker without the light off....no one could fix and was lead down different paths...purge pump purge valse fuse.....etc all then sent me to the dealer who took 1 month to decide that the previous Volvo dealer had missed 2 crossed wires with evaluation and they tried to get money for diagnostic above and beyond the 200 dollars or so cause they said they took hours to find this but the technician told me he did not work on my car but a few hours if any daily and only after talking to the manager did they find the problem within a day and only since I had firestone manager who sent me there behind me since they tried to fix problem but could not....any way...then the siren went out they say and they charged 10000.00 dollars for 30 min of work......on and on ....horrible car and sevice ...don't buy...I bought a new thought new car so I would not have problems....well bad car ..then they called me cheap and said I go to cheap places to get my oil changed.....and talked bad about firestone and independent shops.... oh then I have to say now the towing is not what they told me the fises don't support most camping equipment things break so easily just from basic use like the consul container....the driver seat button space cracked just from getting in and out of car and if you don't face the ac port windows on dash away from window it fogs up...gas mileage is poor,.....mounting bar to engine they now tell me is loose....so much more......oh and the sway with wind or big trucks passing ...man that was something to get used to...so much more
  • 1995 Ford Mustang I think it has one of the better Mustang styles. I am in process of doing the brakes, suspention, lowering and a couple of other goodies to it. Awesome car
  • 1998 Ford Contour '98 Ford Contour beige/fake convertible choc. brn. top bought new. 16 yrs. old. Usual maint.. Serpentine belts, new muffler, rear/front light bulbs, new fuel pump @14 y. o., brake work, rust repair X 2...Maine/salt on roads. Overhead light plastic part snapped early on, driver side plastic door knob broke @ 15 y. o., dash air blower quit @ 16 y. o.. Its resistor or something changed/temperamental...mostly doesn't work...I question if dial mechanism worn out and not engaging/something not making good connection. Lost/replaced two hubcaps. Trunk excellent design in keeping debris/water out. Car is a beauty/sharp looking, has been totally reliable, excellent in snow, good on gas, great on the road. Have used Irving gas unless not avail.. 7 yrs. ago began using synthetic oil. Rarely allow anyone else to drive it. Absolutely love it and am growing sad at the thought she may die on me soon due to age. Inherited parents' well maintained 2000 Chevy Impala...twice the cost of my Contour and it has been a royal pain in the ---. I'll take my Contour any day!!!
  • 2007 Chrysler Town & Country Great van Bought this town & country used with 16m on it. Never had any major problems except general maintenance. I have used this van work loading it up beyond its capacity and with 145m its still running smooth.
  • 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe I bought new in 2002. Had problems with power windows sticking more than once. air conditioning quit at 60,000 miles. estimate- $!,000. Speakers blew, paint wore pretty fast. Replaced brakes. Noisy when turning from front right side at 80,00 miles. To replace spark plugs- $600 because three are hard to get to. Timing belt replacement estimate-$650-$800. Now the vehicle stalls when driving!! I read a lot of reviews about the faulty crankshaft position sensor being a MAJOR problem with 2002 6cyl Santa Fe's however when I called Hyundai they said it is VIN specific recall and ours is not recalled.How convenient! SHAME ON YOU HYUNDAI!!! such a dangerous issue and you won't own it! NEVER AGAIN!
  • 2008 Pontiac Solstice Had this car for 45,000 Miles from the dealer. Very few problems but all covered by warranty. Very fun car to drive but not really comfy on long drives. From Vegas to LA had to take a break. Course I was 65 at the time. Friends ask " Why do guys your age drive cars like these". My answer is "Because we can".
  • 1992 Toyota Camry i bought a 1992 toyota camry from a private owner. he said he bought it new . it looked well taken care of to me. he had it recently inspected. anyway ibought it because of the gas milage which was good. bakes were ok. drive train was ok.wireing in door, window would not go down or up some time. engine was good for a couple of years than seals startid to leak very bad on right side of motor. had new exhaust put on. heating cold and drafty in the winter- cab not well insulated.wind shield would freeze up in winter. 4 cyl. i guess. steering ok. suspension fair. unibody was badley rusted was unrepairable. would not pass inspection. joangreensburg@aol.com
  • 1994 Toyota Camry i bought a 1994 toyota camry le. 6 cyl. i liked it very much ,until the wiring that went to the battery caught on fire. also i was in an accident and another car hit the left front of the car and the air bags didnt deploy. my daughter hit the windshield at this time and had a concussion at this time. the car was totaled at this time. never bought another toyota after that. they are also colder in winter i think, they are not that well insulated. thank you for letting me voice my opinion. joangreensburg@aol.com
  • 2008 Ford Taurus I HAVE A 2008 FORD TAURUS WITH LESS THAN 22000 MILES ON IT. THE AIR CONDITIONER WORKS ON THE DRIVERS SIDE, VERY HOT HEAT COMES OUT OF THE VENTS ON THE PASSENGER SIDE. PAULS REPAIR HAS ORDERED A PART WELL OVER A MONTH AGO. HE WAS TOLD THE PART WOULD BE SENT AS SOON AS THERE WAS ONE MADE. DOES THIS HAPPEN OFTEN? IT WAS 104 HERE IN EASTERN COLORADO TODAY. I AM IN BAD NEED OF THE AIR CONDITIONER. COULD I PLEASE GET SOME INFORMATION ON MY PROBLEM. 34 PASEO PLACE, LAMAR COLO. 81052
  • 2006 Mercedes-Benz E350 This is an awesome car that I was very pleased with when I bought it. Added the iPod cable and a Bluetooth pod to the car and it works very well. However, the CD Changer. I expected more from Mercedes-Benz on this one. So, a CD is stuck in the Changer and when I took it to the dealer to have it removed, they said the ONLY option was to purchase a new CD Changer for $ 995.00. I was kind of shocked. So, now I have this beautiful Mercedes who's trade in value just rocketed downwards... how can I trade this car with a broken CD Changer... I will try a 3rd party who knows this stuff to see what happens..... thanks for reading...
  • 2003 Ford Escape Owned this 2003 Escape since Sept 2002. Best vehicle I ever owned. Spent a few bucks on recalls. Spent a few hundred on some small repairs and approx.$2000. on brakes over the years. This vehicle is dependable as hell and I highly recommend it. Preventive maintenance makes all the difference girls!
  • 2003 Cadillac DeVille I have a 2003 Deville DHS that I absolutely love!!!!
  • 1997 Mercedes-Benz C230 like any othe car,,,,,u have to take care of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 1995 Chevrolet Beretta I love this car. you hafta stay on top of the maintenance tho.
  • 2005 Dodge Sprinter 3500 I own (2) Sprinters, one is a 2004 the other is a 2005 with a wheelchair lift that I use to transport patients with. The 2004 was my first, the mileage was great but the engine blew @ 160k miles. Replaced engine but had a mechanic that didn't know what he was doing, and is now in the dealer shop stating that it is not roadworthy. The 2005 I recently purchased to transport wheelchair patients to and from our agency. I put $1k initially into it to hopefully make it a dependable vehicle, had a licensed dealership work on it. Soon thereafter, the transmission locked up, bought it back. Dealership stated it was the ABS control module, and the part is no longer available. Went on line and found one. Had it shipped to dealership to install. One week later it locked up again. This is the point where i am now. It's a Sunday, nobody is open, and I HAVE to pick up a client in the morning. These vehicles have been nothing but trouble. As soon as I can I will unload both of them... I was never a Dodge fan because they always seemed to be made very cheaply and it shows on these vans because I have never seen so much rust appear in the same spots on such a newer vehicle. My 1997 Ford 350 crew cab has a lot less rust and still runs great.
  • 2005 Cadillac CTS My 2005 CTS was making engine noise and loss of engine oil. Dealer in El Centro California stated I needed a replacement engine. Dealer replaced and 2 years and 50K miles later, the same problem. Dealer says I need a replacement engine again!! GMC needs to look into this!! Oscar Martinez oscarmartrinez374@gmail.com
  • 2011 Nissan JUKE Don't trust me that this car has problems, just look at the recalls. This is a short term vehicle, don't expect longevity. Way over priced, but hey go drive one it's a real kick in the pants fun thing. These over sized key things for all Nissans are a real pain for a man cause if you make any movement with these FOB's in you pocket the alarm goes off. Should called these SOB's. Oh when the battery dies in the FOB guess what pushbutton start is like what the heck to do now. Key hidden in FOB is for door locks only. From day one have had missing, backfiring, and pinging in engine. I have been thru the timing chain failure with a Lincoln so I suspected it was timing chain. Am almost sure dealer & Nissan were aware of problem but hoping it would go away. But now the recall has came to replace timing chain, thank you Nissan. If you have replaced your timing chain, Nissan says you could possible get reimbursed. Also, there are a couple other recalls something related to turbo charger and something about seatbelt. There are a lot of extra no good whimsical displays about the engine and gas usage that serve no purpose, Nissan just make the A/C and heat a dual simple thing and cut out the BS. The car is right snappy to drive but requires premium gas and lots of it. It's kind of like the Titanic and was launched before the float test. I am a big Nissan fan and agree with a review that I read about Nissan really missed their mark with the Juke. However, the proof and the truth comes out and Nissan is hopefully soon going to taking the full bitter pill of responsibility for these failures. Thanks again Nissan for what you have done and are probably going to do. The hood has always felt like it's going to fly off the car, the hood and door hinges are cheap weak crap. Hood popper and gas door opener are dangerously close, another major flaw. I loaned out the car one day and the person thought they opened gas door but popped hood. One mile down road with hood unleashed and unnoticed the hood flew back over windshield and self destructed. Come on now Nissan get this hood latch safety problem on the recall list before someone is hurt. I know Nissan could have classed up the Juke a bit more with a console and not such cheapo looking plastic crap, but that's just good ole car business greed. The sun visors are cheap and don't cover the windshield, come on Nissan install good double sun visors. Another major driving irritant is those raised lights on the hood shine the sun directly back into your eyes. Nissan please fix these things and make the motor to purr on regular gas like the Altima. I am on my way to trade out this frog eyed critter and get myself a Toyota RAV4, no more buying these first on the market untested unreliable newbies.
  • 2012 Nissan Altima Probably several thousand dollars overpriced but aren't all cards. I would say it's one of the best cars ever owned and ride is excellent on a good set of tires. Regular gas is what it drinks, so that's a money saver. Seats seem a bit too stiff and V4 engine power at low speeds seems almost dead. Great on gas and once on 70 mph its a grand cruiser. You want be racing any one in this car, if you want Haul Arse speed opt for the V6. I had the 2 door coupe V6 Altima before and the HA factor is amazing. V6 will need premium gas not to ping. On both cars, ground effects can be caught on the parking blocks.
  • 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII Previously owned 1, car looked good, pretty good cruiser and good on gas for the miles before warranty ran out. A nightmare to get anyone to work on it at a reasonable rate. No mechanic wants to work on the car, so it's back to the dealer for another rip off. If you got 1 of these and it's still running ditch it before you have to shell out a small fortune to keep it going. Here's the list of failures that will happen: Alternator, Air Conditioner, Air shocks, Transmission and finally one of the two timing chains will break and the motor is outta here. Spark plug wires will have to be Lincoln wires no after market crap will do. Battery will have to be same as factory else another failure on cheapo batteries. It has a $12 part called cranking mechanism, 1st time before they figured it out and after being towed about 3 times it cost me a $1000 for a computer replacement and other miscellaneous parts. 2nd time cranking mechanism went out and towed again, I reminded them of the $12 part and it was only $125 + towing. Oh and the head lights will fog out with age and require $150 for each to be replaced. The electric seats, windows and sun roof with fail and the door handles will break in your hand. Sun roof and back windshield will leak. The seal on the back glass will rot and can only be replaced by purchasing the entire windshield. One outstanding feature: If any foreign car ever runs into this tank it will withstand the hit and the other car will be a pile of crushed sheet metal. Kept throwing good money after bad and car was probably towed at least 12 times after just getting out of the shop. Good luck and never another Ford or Lincoln for me.
  • 1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Nice Car, This is a time when GM was making Real automobiles got 210,000 miles with a 3.4 dohc engine in it,Only normal maintenance.
  • 2009 Mercedes-Benz GL550 Best car I've ever driven in terms of ride, power, curb appeal, etc. Worst car I've ever had in terms of reliability. Airmatic suspension a nightmare--have had both front units replaced. One failed after replacement and had to get it done (fortunately under parts warranty). Numerous other issues (e.g. sill vanity lights, power folding mirrors, rear latch failure, EZ-GO power lock failure, etc.) that really, REALLY detract from ownership experience. Won't be buying another M-B.
  • 2008 Chrysler 300 Has been a great car to drive. Have had very little maintenance other then breaks and oil. Just bought a new 300s we will see if I'm that happy in a year
  • 2010 Audi A6 This has by far been the best car I have ever owned. It is extremely smooth to drive and hardly makes any noise even at highway speeds. Not only this, but the A6 has been a very reliable car. It is now 4 years old but it still runs and looks like new. So far. the only issue was I needed to have a bulb replaced in one of my daytime running lights. It ended up only costing $35 and took 30 minutes. Overall, after owning and Audi, I can't picture myself wanting to buy any other car.
  • 2010 Mercury Grand Marquis trunk light/indicator malfunction, it shows trunk open even wen trunk is shut.it is frustrating.and sometimes the trunk doesn't close in one try, again very frustrating and sometimes embarrassing.
  • 2008 Honda Odyssey I have had my Odyssey since 2008 and have driven over 100,000. It has been a good car overall but now it is starting to have some problems. First of all, My Nanny crashed the car. Minor accident from stationary at a light and she did $7000 worth of damage and the front was destroyed. That's very concerning that the bodywork is like paper. I am concerned how this would hold up under a real impact. Secondly I have the issue with the brake judder when breaking. It's annoying but at least my breaks haven't tried to stop by themselves...... yet. I have had issues with the air conditioning since last summer when the car overheated out of the blue. It was stationary running in my driveway and all of a sudden it just overheated. The AC has been funny since. On top of weird AC, the electrical system seems to be breaking down. My central panel keeps overheating, switching off my navigation system/entertainment and a couple of weeks ago I had a leak through my ceiling where the water just literally Poured into the car. No windows open at the time of the leak. The leak seems to have destroyed more parts of my electrical system, the sliding doors no longer work, the indicators and temperature gauge to name a few things are not working. We left it to dry for a couple of days and now the car wont start at all. It appears that a cell in my replaced battery is not functioning. This car is becoming a money pit now and it's not that old!!...... It's very worrying. Also, I'm now terrified of fire. I have heard arcing in my dash for a while, and now I realize that the doors won't open when the electrical system screws up. I am actually wondering how on earth I would get my toddler out of the car in the case of fire. Think we might be a bit screwed there...... I don't think I would buy this car again......
  • 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe OVER ENGINEERED, COMPLICATED, MAINTENANCE NIGHTMARE
  • 2007 Toyota Camry ..MY CAR HAS BEEN BURNING OIL BAD..I FOUND OUT IT WAS THE ENGINE..I TOOK IT TO A COUPLE OF TOYOTA DEALERS..DONE WHOULD ADDRESS THE PROBLEM SO I TOOK IT BACK TO WHERE IBROUGTH IT ..THEY DID A OIL CONSUMPTION TEST ON MY CAMRY AND FOUND IT WAS BURNING ALMOST 5 QUARTS IN LESS THAT 900 MILES..THEY CALL THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND GOT IT APPROVED TO BE FIXED..IT WAS THE PISTINS..IT WOULD HAVE COST ME 2900.00 THEY WILL FIX IT BUT YOU HAVE TO FIRST TAKE IT IN TO GET IT TESTED......ALL DEALERS ARENT GOING TO DO IT. SO YOU HAVE TO BE PERSISTENT. ALSO FOUND OUT THAT MY WATER PUMP NEED CHANGING..YOU HAVE TO DROP THE ENGINE TO CHANGE IT...SINCE THEY WERE ALREADY FIXING THE ENGINE..I GGOT A BIG BREAK ON THE REPAIR PRICE FOR THAT. I DONT WONT T O MENTION MY DEALERS NAME..MY CAR IS GETTING FIXED AS WE SPEAK. BUT THEY ARE GREAT!!!
  • 1997 Toyota Avalon I got this car second hand. The original owner worked for a local Toyota dealer and his wife drove it for 13 years. In that time they had the rack and pinon replaced and had the engine rebuilt due to a recall for engine sludge for this model. When they got into the engine they discovered this car didn't have the same problem and was in great shape. I have all the original service papers/receipts. I bought the car in Jan 2010 and have only had to do the regular maintenance and replace the battery due to the door switch (engine off) not shutting off my lights after opening the drivers door (sunny days a failed to notice the lights not turning off and it cost me a new battery). It's do for rear breaks and system flush. I should also flush the radiator soon. I've only driven it about 15,000 miles over the past 4+ years.
  • 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe This vehicle has been a lemon since day one. Bad A/C switches, Bad exterior Paint. Bundled cables in engine compartment issues. Seat Belt & Seat issues. Terrible gas mileage. 11 mpg. Just had injectors cleaned. no change. Wish we would have bought a Rav4 or 4 Runner from Toyota. Planning to trade this in soon on a new car purchase. Too many problems to list here. Just want it gone.