Newest Reviews:
  • 2010 Toyota Camry I purchased my Camry new, but have had some surprising problems with it. As others have noted, alignment is a BIG problem. It always wants to pull to the left and I've had several alignments at several different places with the same result. My struts leaked and had to be replaced (all four). That was an expensive repair for something that came prematurely. I had premature brake wear on the rear brakes and had to replace them. I haven't touched the front brakes yet which indicates another problem...I have never had a car where the rear brakes wore out before the front brakes. Lastly, oil consumption is starting to be a problem. Unfortunately I kind of consider this car a clunker. I had expected to keep this car for many years but I can see that won't happen. Toyota's quality reputation is undeserved in my opinion.
  • 2002 Acura TL Bought TL-S in 2010 with 100k miles for my high school twins. I have put in 5 transmsission for which I paid for 2. Very important to get cooler for the transmission fluid. Handles like a dream very quite, wonderful sound system. m just paid $180 to get a HID headlight buld replaced. MPG is about 18 which is tuff with $4/Gal premium, better now. My son does not trust it for relability and will prbably sell after college graduation. Or I might keep it.
  • 2013 Hyundai Tucson I have a 2014 limited tucson. At 7000 miles I reported that it sounded like a Mack Truck the dealer said it was normal. At 18000 miles they replaced the engine. At 26000 Miles they changed it a 2nd time. Also soon after that my directional would not go off even with the car off and the key out. They replaced the BCM which I'm told was a major job. It also has a continuous transmission problem that when I go to take off its like in 2nd or third gear. It didn't happen the two times I took it in so it continues to be a problem. Hyundai is a garbage vehicle and the US should not allow them to be imported
  • 2004 Toyota Camry I bought a 2004 Camry from a relative who bought it new. It currently has 110K miles. It had been a great car up until the last month. On e long road trip, after a brief stop, the car would not start again. I had it towed, they said that it started fine for them and nothing was wrong. SO while cruising down a busy highway in torrential rain, the car shuddered a few times and turned off. Therefore no steering at 70 mph, in the rain, narrow shoulder by a deep ravine. Had it towed to a dealership where they said it need 3K worth of various work (I have been meticulous with maintenance), but that it has turned off because of low battery power causing an error code. No one has been able to explain why an 'error code' would just turn a car off at 70 mph. After talking dealership #1 into what I needed to continue with our trip, they said battery and serpentine belt. Car ran okay for another 1,500 miles home. Then while driving locally, the car turned off again, replicating the same issue I'd had "repaired". I towed it to a local dealership due to warranty on the battery and got a completely different diagnosis. This time it was a crank shaft problem linked to a 'crank code' caused by dead sparkplugs. I took it from the dealership, who would not touch on why there were two different answers to the same exact problem. I took it to a local mechanic that I trust and so far, so good. At this point I am 2K in the hole for a "great car". I will never buy another Toyota. Ironically I received a $22 check from Toyota 3 months ago referencing a class action settlement with no further details and that by cashing the check, I was releasing them from liability. I did NOT cash the check. After the debacle of the last few weeks, I am glad because I suspect something big is about to come out.
  • 2004 Mercedes-Benz S430 The worse car I have ever had. Don't buy from Drive Time Car Dealership because they scammed me with this car that I did not want and because I went in there alone I had no idea what to ask for. I'm a senior female and they took advantage of me.
  • 2000 Mercedes-Benz ML320 We bought our ML brand new. Spent many weekends at dealer and TLC after warranty expired. First set of Dublop tires lasted 20K and driver seat heater overheated. I replaced windows switch twice, two door lock actuators, crank position sensor, transmission connector and power steering hose gasket. There seems to be a minor drain on the battery that I have to replace battery every three years. ML now has 140K which is very low compared to my Toyotas. To be an owner you either have tons of money or be a DIYer. this is an SUV that drives well but needs constant attention.
  • 1998 Toyota Camry Bought V6 used in 2006 with 162K now 235K. Good thing is that it just keeps running for my 70 mile/day commute. I replaced gas filter, O2 sensor, temp sensor, radiator hose, turn signal lever etc. in addition to regular maintenance (oil, filter, tire and brakes). Rack & pinion leaked with some Lucas oil it stopped. Car is running fine and past SMOG checks, however it has cheap interior (mine is a XLE) and the ride is boring. It has some power when you need but the 4 speed tranny gets stuck when pushed hard.
  • 1999 Lexus GS300 bought the car at 100K and now it has 225K. Change oil and fluids, brake pads and regular maintenance and that's all. I know I should change plugs but car still has the same MPG and acceleration. Only problem is with starter! It simply lasts too long!
  • 2007 Nissan Frontier The fuel gauge sensor stopped working, causing the check engine light to come on. I am unable to get the vehicle smogged unless this is fixed, which will cost me almost $1000. This is a known problem with this model and many others, but Nissan will not help in any way. In fact, they "require" that I go to a Nissan DEALER and pay for a diagnosis (which I've already paid for at another shop), so that a regional supervisor can "call" me. They are extremely evasive on the phone and refuse any other info, though they did say they know this is a problem. They won't tell me whether I will get any help with this if I pay for another diagnosis, which I assume is their way of keeping me busy while bringing in some more money.
  • 2000 Ford Explorer I have a 2000 ford explorer limited edition do not buy a ford the I'm constantly having issues with the brakes coming off it is a scary feeling especially when you take it to a mechanic more than once an everytime 6months later it does the same thing so say for instance this morning it happened again an now when I try to turn left I hear a rubbing noise behind my wheel also my driver an passenger doors do not open cause during the winter your handles freeze an since they are made out of cheap plastic they snap right off now I constantly have to climb in an out through the back door this was a good car when I first got it in 2011 now everything just slowly starts to go wrong with it I also got a recall in the mail saying not to park my car close to any buildings cause there's a part on the engine that can cause it to start on fire even when its not in use just for future reference buy an different brand of vehicle cause all ford do is turn to shit....
  • 2004 Chrysler Town & Country I bought my 2004 Chrysler T/C EX, 3.8 new. Now have 120,000 miles with no major problems. Keep it tune up, change oil and filter as required and you should not have any major problems. The key I think is using a quality fuel and highway driving keeps it running very quiet. Albert Y
  • 1997 Mitsubishi Galant Great cars this is actually my wife's car but she has over 350K miles never had one mechanical problem except A/C broken and transmission jerk still was a very reliable car. We owned Mitsubishis since 1989 all were great cars now switched to another brand believe the 1997 Galant is get ready to retired my wife bought it new of June 1997 never gave her a problem truly miss her car.
  • 2011 Cadillac CTS drive train driveshaft had to be replaced, $300 to replace headlight. bumper had to come off. 3.6 V6 12.5 city 19 highway take fuse out of awd system and can get 16.8 city and 22.5 highway. Chrome rims are junk rim leaks on all four rims, dealer says tires, Tire store shows me the rims they take tires off and rims look like they are contaminated or bad castings, they wire wheel them put tires on balance and send me out the door. good for about 5-6 months and it starts all over again, back to see my friends at tire store. This car only has 22,000 miles. I came from a Lexus and have a new one comming
  • 2001 BMW 325xi Having owned four BMW's ( a '92 325i; a 330xi; a 323i; and a'01 325xi) I can say that a person does not own a BMW; the car owns you! And I am saying this having owned British as well as Italian cars!! My latest (the 325xi) has been towed more times than all the cars I have ever owned - combined!) (Please be informed that I drive with care Never an accident in 54 years of driving, and I am assiduous in maintaining the cars I own.) The cars are safe (structurally well-built), and extremely enjoyable to drive;more enjoyable than my Mercedes. BMW has taught me a valuable life lesson: fun is very expensive!
  • 2009 Honda Civic I have owned two Hondas before with no problem even after ten years of hard driving all made from Japan. I got this lemon made in Alliston, Canada. Bought Brand New and I only have sixty thousand miles on light use. Air-condition gave way, cabin light replaced, tirod replaced twice, switch on power window on the drivers side replaced, Crack on plastic the driver's air bag replaced, front brakes need to replaced with less than 25,000 miles. Keys transmitter replaced and now roof molding need to be replaced cost around 300 dollars. This car is really a piece of crap. Not buying another Honda made in North America.
  • 1997 Mercury Cougar I love this car, it's got all the power of a muscle car without sacrificing the ride. It rides like, well a luxury car, I like the "sleeper" look but at the same time it has like a sleek, sports car stance to it. The interior is equally as impressive, leather seats with lumbar support, and moonroof. And when your sitting in the drivers seat the gauges right in front of you, you don't really have to take your eyes off the road to see your gauges and it's comfortable to drive. Overall I love everything about this car, I would definitely recommend it anyone.
  • 2007 Nissan Versa I've read alot of bad things about the Nissan Versa and I can only review based on my own experience and I have to tell you that I have my 2007 Hatchback since 2009 and I now have 85200 miles on it. Just now have I had a real breakdown. The throttle body needs replacing. Though its a $1000 job, it is not bad for being the first time. I have all the scheduled maint. done. Except for normal wear this car has been the most reliable I have ever had. The only thing I don't like is the fact that it does not have a keyhole for the trunk. So when that breaks if you don't fix it, you have to crawl through your back seat and open it from the inside. I even tow a small boat with it and no problems. It has been a great little car.
  • 2009 Honda Accord Have a 2009 2-DR V6 EXL accord and I LOVE it! I've had it since 2010-cert. pre-owned from Manchester Honda and cannot say one bad thing!! Came with 8K miles. Now has 70K. I've had to replace all 4 brakes, needed new batery last winter but that is about it! All that is basic car care. Oil has been fine. So far this car has been worth every penny. I plan on selling next fall (2016) only because it's a 2-dr and we plan on starting family. If it wasn't for that, I'd have this car as long as I could!!
  • 2009 Mini Cooper S We have a 2009 cooper S. 46k for miles. So far we have a thermostat issue and the tranny keeps popping out of 6th gear. The car uses oil but it seems as though this is what they do as I read more about these on the web. No leaks or smoke, just uses oil. Oh, and the oil light, well there isn't one. No gage or any indicator to let you know other then the click clack if the engine to let you know that you're about to blow your engine. The car is truly a piece of crap. Totally over engineered junk. If you are thinking of getting one... DON'T. Run away from the MINI dealer as fast as you can and never, NEVER look back.
  • 2004 Volkswagen Touareg I own Touareg 2004. Great car with high maintenance cost. Any visit to Work shop cost more $1000 ( of course other then regular fuel change etc).
  • 2006 Ford Taurus probably the best car I have had has 134K miles and only had to replace the alternator about 10K ago this is really the only repair other than tires and oil changes been a great car
  • 2008 Dodge Nitro I relly like my nitro.i bought it new in 2008.it has 107,000 miles on it but only replaced the water pump& battery.
  • 2004 Dodge Dakota Currently have 114,500 miles with minimal problems. Recently had to replace upper ball joints, tie rod ends and both front wheel bearing assemblies plus the fan motor resistor with its electrical harness. Only one re-occouring problem .. the Crank and Cam sensors go out during extreme cold weather in Minnesota each of last 3 years. Also have the same problem as many others with the ticking noise upon startup during cold weather. Great starting truck as it starts every time in our extreme cold Minnesota Winters and NOTE its parked outside.
  • 2001 Toyota Sequoia I loved my 2001 Sequoia. It does have issues though. People really need to look at the reports on NHTSA. My ASC would go off randomly on dry roads going anywhere from 5 mph to 65 mph. Never was I skidding. This eventually led to the demise of the vehicle. On 1/6/15 an electrical fire started in the engine while I was driving my son to school. The brakes went out at a red light and then embers were coming out from under the truck. Thankfully we were able to get out. It eventually imploded the windshield into the car and the flames were a good 20 feet over the car. We are shaken, but alive. The car is a total loss due to issues Toyota has refused to recall. Yet the 2002 Sequoia had the same issue and got recalled. Anyone thinking about buying one of these needs to read blogs and complaints filed with NHTSA.
  • 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier I bought the car in 2009 with 55K miles, now has 184,000. Runs like brand new, run only full synthetic oil. Replaced struts, spark plugs twice. Needs a new cooling fan motor. Had the AC/ Heat control unit short out twice (the rear defogger don't work). Fuel mileage is pretty good, but I did get better out of other cars. Headlights have always been too dim on the 03 to 05 models for me, Had a 96 had bright lights. Lug nuts kept hogging out the steel wheels, very poor steel in my opinion. With proper maintaining, the car is pretty good over all. 11 years old, almost no rust. (had a ford contour at 6 yrs, rocker panels rusted out.) Engine can be hard to work on compared to the old 2.2L pushrod motor. Overall Rating: Good Car.
  • 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe I have had MULTIPLE probloems with my 2007 Sante Fe GLS v6. The harmonic balancer went, the fuel pump 3 times, the shocks and struts, the front steering arms, front wheel bearings, the brakes on front and rear, the left air bag light, the fuel pressure sensor guage - ALL WHILE UNDER WARRANTY.... So the car was relatively new. My current problem is the fuel pressure sensor guage again, as well as an issue when I fill the tank up with gas - the car will not stay running. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER HYUNDAI again.
  • 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty 80000 +/- Miles.. Get Rid Of Everthing Related To Emission Control.. Replaced RadiIator, Replaced Door Latches, Replaced Radiator, Replaced Exhaust - Complete, Added Coolant Filter, Replaced Air Box.Lots Of Hard Earned Money Put Into A Unworthy American Made Truck. Not Happy.
  • 2011 Ford Flex Good car overall. Also had Trans leaks and brake grinding issues. Transmission was given new seals and seems to be holding. Brakes were done under recall but still grind and surge. Been a good car to our family. Had a Vista roof seal leak but also covered under warranty. Not having the ecoboost was my only regret. 2011 Flex Ltd AWD
  • 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe My 2008 Hyundai Sante Fe's white paint is chipping away off the hood and around the windshield. Keeps spreading. Dealership offered me 1/2 off to repaint it, 1/2 of a $2,800 paint job. Local bodyshop was $800 for the job. Hyundai never acknowledged my letter of complaint. I would not buy another Hyundai product or recommend.
  • 2000 Ford Expedition I own a 2000 XLT 4x4 5.4 triton.The engine at 148,000 seized and needed a complete rebuild including new heads which are aluminium,1 of Fords new ideas,junk.Now that it has been completely rebuilt ,the body has rusted,the sunroof has blown out crusing at 70 mph,and can't buy a replacement for it,the frame is rusted,brake lines rusted out and was replaced.Torsion bars completely rusted,now when it rains the vehicle if you leave the battery cables connected it will try and start on its own till the starter either burns up or the battery goes completely dead.Anyone who needs a completely rebuilt engine with around 1000 miles on it contact me.I will sell it and any other parts new rotors in front wrangler radials and so on.cobrowns@yahoo.com