Newest Reviews:
  • 2004 Kia Rio CHECK your timing belt!!!! ours only had 53,000 on it and timing belt went out! Motor is toast! never buy one again!!!
  • 1998 Mercedes-Benz E320 I have owned this car since 2000 and I am very happy with the experience. I purchased it as a two year old lease return. I have garaged it since purchase and maintained it annually. I also have it detailed after each winter inside and out. Feeding the leather annually has kept the leather supple and like new. I live in a non-snow/road salt area so there's no rust. At 16 years old the car still looks new. That said my only gripe is with the transmission and rear window regulators. I've had the transmission replaced once, after owning the car ten years, with an updated version and the rear window regulators replaced three times. The rear regulators are poorly designed in my opinion. I've gotten very good wear, and non of the dust problems, with ceramic brake pads. And have only replaced the rotors once. Prior to the switch I was taking the car in for brakes almost on an annual basis. The engine is bullet proof in my opinion and at 136,000 miles it still feels peppy and strong. Using Mobil-1 synthetic motor oil it's entire life has protected the engine and kept it running very smooth and quiet. I feel very safe in this car. The body feels like a tank. Overall I will buy this model again if I find that Daimler has kept up the quality control on this model.
  • 1995 Subaru Legacy Outback My main problem with this model is an oil leak. It was minor at first, but now leaks a lot. I've been told it is from the front head gasket. I keep check on oil level but it does not take additional oil. What is this? Mileage is low. I am wondering if there will be a sudden collapse of the engine! Otherwise, I have enjoyed the ride.
  • 2001 Jaguar XJ8 The timing belt had to be replaced at 100,000 miles. Otherwise, this XJR was super.
  • 2002 Toyota Sequoia I really enjoyed the Toyota the first two years then the rear power window stopped working. Then the power antenna stopped working. The third row is only for kids. I also had Trac lights come on the dealer was of no help. My driver door handle broke off on the inside.
  • 2006 Mazda MPV The brakes ware out to fast.it not roomy and with the sir on the back doesnt get cool off
  • 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 piece of junk! I go through break pads and boots every 8,000 miles. I'm on my 3rd transfer case. it's always been a lemon from the day I drove it off the show room floor!
  • 2004 BMW M3 Excellent all around performer with 4 seats, and is reliable. What more can you ask for?
  • 1991 Honda Accord 91 wagon. I love it. One of the most reliable vehicles I had. 300k miles and I take it every where. Replaced distributor in past year. Parts are plentiful if the problem arises. Super easy to maintain as well. Everything works.
  • 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT 4X4 DRW Cummins 5.9 Turbo Diesel. I bought this truck used 3 years ago with 119k. I expected to change a lot of wear and tear parts. I bought this truck to try how it work with a cummins inland. I use to be a boat engineer in the Navy and cummins was one of my specialty. So far I got towed once, lift pump replaced and added an auxiliary pump from BD Diesel. I decided to kept the truck. now 159k lifted, oversized tires 20-24 mpg.
  • 2000 GMC Yukon XL 1500 I love my big girl. will differntly purchase another.
  • 2000 Lincoln Town Car I really do like my car, but I have my concerns. Get ready if you have a sunroof, but I am not sure if my water leak in the rear passenger floorboard is coming from the roof. I have tried having the sunroof sealed and still have water in the flowboard when it rains. Next, I have this strange rattling noise in the dash area when you reach 50 mph driving, I also have a delay in my AC starting, and then it starts blowing hot air first. Finally, my dash lights are all out. The seat bottom section will not move upward or backwards, but the top section of the seat will adjust.
  • 2004 Chrysler Crossfire I bought my 2004 chrysler crossfire used at a great price, after doing a ton of research about them. First off the handling - It handles beautifully with the low profile tires and short wheelbase. It is a bred sports car, if you can't handle a bumpy ride there is better cars out there for you but this car does what it is designed to do extremely well. I just replaced the oem brakes after 100 000 kilometers, I did the work myself and it was not any more expensive than any other car. Exterior - Gorgeous. Mine is in blaze red, it changes quite drastically depending on the sun and the car often gets compliments from random people. The looks are subjective but I love it. On the downside though I hit a rock bending a wheel, and the dealership wanted 995$ plus freight to get in just one oem wheel. I could have gone aftermarket but I like the oem style so I found one used on ebay for 300 shipped. Interior - Could use more work. These cars will show their age fairly quickly compared to most because a lot had some problems with the paint/dye on the center console. Not much you can do about it other than repaint or dye a lot of the plastics in the car, this is the route I'm going as I imagine a new console price wouldn't be worth it. The headliner is also known to prematurely sag due to bad glue at factory, it cost me 220$ for a shop to professionally fix that which should now last the rest of the life of the car. Also in 04-05s the seat warmers bottom part is known to go out, just something else to watch out for. On the plus side from the interior, it is very functional and pretty roomy for a two seater. At 6'3 I don't fit in any other two seaters I've drove, never mind be comfortable enough on a a few hour drive. Engine - Powerful enough for the car. The no-start or mysteriously dying issue I've been reading about here is a somewhat well known thing on this car, it is either the crankshaft position sensor failing, or the relay control module not working. Crankshaft position sensor is a 45$ part and takes 15 minutes to change out, I can't see it costing much labour to have a shop change it out if you cant. The relay control module is again a 10-15 minute changeout, costs roughly 300 BUT if you're handy with a solder gun you can fix it yourself in 10 minutes and save yourself the money. These are really the only two quirks with the engine, its proven to be a reliable powerhouse and don't let this scare you away from the car. Both fixes could be done in under an hour if your handy or could be taken care of fairly cheaply at a shop. Don't let some of the minor quirks of the car scare you away from buying one, I would buy another in a heartbeat as it is a unique car you don't often see and is a pleasure to drive. Just be aware of the cars faults before you buy one, this car is no civic. Best place to bring these cars to would be an independent european shop. Mercedes-benz dealerships don't want to deal with them and chrysler dealerships don't know how.
  • 2008 Hyundai Elantra I did my transmission filter change, was easy and save $ 300 from the Dealer. --- Car run smooth and quite, the noise people talking about when driving is the road , cause I tested on new road and it feel wonderful. --- brake switch after replace it 3 times has been working fine, I guess was my wife fault cause women don't care at all about their car, I've seen them how they start the car and fly away with out warming the car first. Tip for all of you : Temperature door actuator is under glove box, at the left side of the passenger left food, easy to replace; don't pay to Dealer. --- Transistor or resistor is just next to the blower motor, against the back wall, very easy to replace, maybe you need to push a little the carper to see it; don't pay to Dealer, is what give different speed to your A/C fan or blower. -- and the last : Actuator mode door, is the responsible of change air flow to different place and turn your fan or A/C, its just under wheel, driver side, close to your right foot, don't pay to Dealer this things are easy to replace, just a little twist your body, screw driver and flashlight and of course patience. I hope I can help some one with this. Remember help others when you have the oportunity
  • 2008 Volvo S40 I have owned my Volvo S40 2.4i for a little over 5 years now and have well over 70,000 miles on it. I bought it because of the great handling, agility, and aesthetics it offers and of course, safety. The car has treated me well, and i have treated it well. If you take care of your car, it will love you back. I never exceed the engine past 3000rpm, and wash the inside, outside, engine bay EVERY WEEK. I Love my Volvo! . --Problems i do have with it - just normal wear and tear Control arm (rear)- replaced 800 dollars due to lost tension. Trunk - connection in the wires connected to cabin loose so trunk could not open/said trunk lid open. Replaced the wires by myself over a weekend -- now its like new. The tires -- wear waayyy too prematurely Not that cold of AC. Not that great mileage. Not TOO powerful torque wise... (but i have the 2.4i) it still has great power behind it when traveling from 35-80+ mph Volvo 4 life - from Sweden
  • 1999 Honda CR-V Bought my Honda CRV new in late 1999. Almost 14 years old, now. I have had hardly any mechanical work done outside of normal maintenance and a minor accident repair. My only gripe is that certain dash lights disappear when headlights are on, which I do during daytime hours because of LOTS of traffic around here. Can't see what the time is, whether airvent is open or closed, what gear I'm in, etc., when using headlights during daytime hours. Steering is still highly responsive after all these years and the interior and exterior have held up very well despite always being parked outdoors when not driven. One can configure the seats to form a cot in order to sleep in the car if one is in the wilderness! Easy to put things in and out of rear flap, even a heavy wheelchair, without straining. Everything still works on this extremely hardy and comfortable vehicle. It's also not a big bruiser, but higher than a sedan, so easier to see ahead and around, uses fuel wisely, and is, truly, the best vehicle I have ever had since I learned to drive 50 years ago! BRAVO Honda CR-V!
  • 2006 Acura RL I had a leased Acura RX and loved it Then I bought a used 2006 Acura TL around 4 years ago. These are the things I had or have to fix: 1. air conditioning - fixed 2 times - last time around 10 months ago after been over a year with broken a/c 2. motor mounts - need to fix - bad for a very long time - incredible for an expensive car 3. battery problems - have the problem right now 4. trunk - paint is peeling. Looks terrible 5. glove compartment - the front cover looks melted and bubbly, Looks ugly. 6. had to fix the front lights I thought an expensive car will last longer... mainly because is an Acura.
  • 2006 Kia Sedona I'm fairly happy with my 2006 Kia Sedona. My biggest complaint is with the Kia dealership. They charge outrageous prices for their replacement parts. They claim they put superior(to other dealers), genuine parts in the vehicle. Two new catalytic converters with labor cost $2500. They also charged me $440 restocking fee when I changed my mind, after they supposedly had ordered the parts. I still saved a few hundred my going elsewhere.
  • 2013 Nissan Maxima I just finished my arbitration meeting with BBB auto line and Nissan arbitration specialists. If anyone is having their so called premium leathers seats ripping as you enter either seat please email me damcgees@bellsouth.net I lost the case because at this time my car is only 10 months old with a total of 3 repairs to the front driver's seat and passenger's seat, according to the lemon law, one has to have a total of 4 repairs with the same problem within a year and warranty is guaranteed. HOWEVER Nissan Corp. will not repair my front leather seats anymore. Nissan Corp. is telling me, I am ripping the seats as I enter the seat and because of my buttons on my rear pockets (jeans, shorts, etc). I have a white Nissan Maxima (2013), and tan leather seats ,listed price $38k with only 25 miles at time of delivery. With the first 1,596 miles, the seats started ripping (both front seats) then about 2207 miles, and now 3153 miles. I currently have 4050 miles and its only 10 months old. I do not drive this car daily and only 2 occasions someone used rear seats. (reason for low miles) If anyone out there, in any state having the same issues please e-mail - damcgees@bellsouth.net thanks for reading my story
  • 2011 Volkswagen CC I have had my 2011 VW CC and I am now over 80,000 on it. I brag about my CC as the most reliable, dependable car I have had. I plan on buying another. Sure there were minor issues on the way but maybe its the dealership and the way they handle their customers that I remain with my CC and the service department at the dealer. I plan on keeping her a little longer. Its a shame that we never know what we get with a car but I lucked out with this girl. Always complimented with her!
  • 2007 Chrysler Town & Country Bought this vehicle with less the 800 miles on it six years ago, now at 65,000 miles. I have replaced the front brakes 3 times, water pump, radiator pitcock, alternator. Peeves about vehicle 1. Steering column inside of vehicle squeeks when turning if air temperature is under 85 degrees F. Teflon spray no help. 2. Dome lights overheat and burn sockets. 3. Slight fuel leak at top of fuel tank. 4. Power socket bad after a few uses. 5. Dash shrinking and separating from sun, although garaged when at home. 6. Arm rest on driver seat seems same material as dash, all cracked. 7. Sliding door inside plastic panels are not covered from factory unless you bought upgrade. 8. Horrible setup on coolant overflow, and defective pit cocks on radiator from factory. 9. Rear shocks make scraping sound when cooler weather.
  • 2004 GMC Envoy This car is the worst problem I have ever had. I would never recommend this car to anyone. The car always has something wrong with it. They even know my car already when I go in the parts store. I think that speaks for itself. I completely understand normal maintenance but this car goes way beyond normal maintenance.
  • 2002 Volvo V70 XC I bought my car in Buffalo NY in 2005 just off lease low mileage. I imported it to Canada..I live in Toronto. I have had to use a US zip code to post this. The car has been wonderful.in the winter I love to take it out after it has just snowed. I have Swedish brand snow tires..drives like a tank through the snow! Lots of fun. With our pot holes during the winter I have occasionally had to do some suspension work. I have just done the front brakes and new summer tires. I am very pleased with the enjoyment we have had with this car with minor repairs and maintenance. It feels safe and is very comfortable. It has 95,000mi on it as of today. We hope to keep it another 5-10 years.
  • 2007 GMC Yukon XL 1500 2007 Yukon XL - Interior, second row seats when folded down, blocks rear cargo space and leaves a drop in the floor. Earlier models such as the 99 & 02 all seats folded down to open up the entire cargo space with a flat floor. ABS brakes pulse and is noticeable while slowing down - 99 & 02 did not do this with the ABS brakes. Had to replace drive train less than 100K miles and does not have the same power or torque with the towing package. 99 & 02 were great. Running lights burn out quickly. Had recall but wasn't published , had to replace some sort of oil pan - oil was leaking internally and not returning to oil pan or something like that. Engine runs higher RPM when towing and not shifting properly. Exhaust OK I guess no troubles yet. Heating & Air OK no troubles yet Suspension & Steering OK I would suggest before you buy a used 2007 or newer GMC Yukon XL you go to Edwards website and check out the comments - lots of unhappy campers with Yukon XL problems.
  • 1996 Ford Windstar I bought this car used 13 years old. I have had it to years and it runs great
  • 2009 Jeep Patriot AC Compressor just went at 63K miles - $1,000 job to replace. Spark plugs need to be replaced every 30K per the manual. Stock tires are great - 46K miles on the first set of Wrangler SRAs - good snow performance here in Colorado. Interior is cheap, I had rattles almost from the beginning in the dash and air outlets. I average 25 mpg including occasional 4X4 driving (roads, not off road). Overall I would give it a satisfactory rating, not the best SUV around, but for what I paid I am getting about what I expected.
  • 2013 Honda Fit I was very impressed with my Fit until the head on crash test results were aired on TV. I have had no problems except the battery would not hold a charge very long. It is true that I don't drive it for weeks at a time. I took it to the local dealer and it turned out to be a defective battery. They replaced it at no charge. I have had four passengers inside with no problems picking up speed. When you are inside you swear you are in a mid-size car. I put the back seats down to form my mini-mini van and actually picked up a 2"x4"x8' the other day. For around the City cheap transportation this is the car for me.
  • 2008 Infiniti G35 I've driven this car for 4 yrs, now with 82K. This car has been well serviced at the dealership. I used this car to go work mostly. I'm a nurse and never abused this vehicle. Cabin is immaculate, kept it clean. Electronics work fine, but my dash on the driver's side warped, like every single one of them out there. My steering wheel is chipping, pretty common. Paint is also a problem, common for nissan. I had to replaced the brakes at 40K. Battery went bad at around 45K, it was replaced under warranty, and so was one of the caliper. Steering feels fake, feels weird not as agile as BMW. Heating/AC works fine, never had problems. At 82K my transmission now needs replaced. A transmission mechanic told me it's pretty common for nissan/infiniti to have faulty radiators, fluid leaks to the transmission and your are screwed. Infiniti customer care said there's nothing they can do the car just failed. WOW! they seem proud of their product lol!
  • 2003 Volkswagen Beetle never in my life have i been so infuriated with a car!!!! i havent had my 2003 vw beetle for two years and the timing belt just broke!!!!! this was right after this stupid coolant leak!!!! now i am without a damn vehicle and i JUST started my new job!!! So instead of saving for rent, now im saving for a stupid 2k fix!!!! VW should be shut down, how dare they sit there and sell these crappy cars to innocent owners just for money!!! shame on you!!! I am 22 years old and never should be going through this crap!! thanks vw for wasting my money and my time!!! JUNK CARS!! (btw i was warned about you, and your $$$ fixes. but i thought, hey, this cant happen to me, its just a car. ) bs.
  • 2008 Mercury Mountaineer I have had issues of the car not starting when the starter relay gets hot. Relays in the fuse box under the hood should never get hot, or so hot it burns blisters on your fingers when trying to pull them out. Once I pull the starter relay and let it cool down I reinsert it and the car will start. I have taken it to 2 dealerships, called 2 others and have even written and called Ford and no help with a fix. In fact, when I wrote an email to Ford the representative assigned to handle my issue was of no help nor did he even try to figure out the issue. This is so frustrating!!!