Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

I absolutely loved my X5 at first. You couldn't tell me nothing. I thought I was the $HIT!!!
I brought my X5 about 3 years ago. the first year I had it everything was awesome. Then here comes the problems. It started with the air suspensions. Got them fixed at the dealer. $3000. Next it needed a module...Whatever that is. Another $1200. It drove ok for awhile then I was getting a 6 cyclinder misfire. I got a tune up and a diagnostic and car drove fine for another 6 months. Now check engine light came on and the fan started to run on high speed as soon as you turn the car on at a cold start. The claim my water pump and thermostat went. Got that fixed $2200. Now my check engine light is back on and I smell oil. Guess what now. Oil cooling unit and housing filter is leaking oil. That will be another $1200 also they claim I need a new valve cover gasket. $2000. WTF!!! Like really BMW get yall $hit together. We pay all this money for these damn cars and yall cant accommodate us and do a better job in building these cars??? I give up. Im trading my car in for a Audi A8.
I have 2001 Grand Cherokee Laredo and have had it for 11 yrs. Had to put a new fan motor and tail light covers but other than that, no problems. The taillights are crap. I've had to replace the covers 4 times and still have problems with the blinkers. They work when they want. Overall, I love mine and will keep it until the day one of us die.
1992 Miata with 114,000 miles on her- love this car- a pure delight to drive !
Bought a 2007 Rondo used in 2010. Excellent car, SUPERB value for the money. In addition to routine commuting, I've driven it to Florida from Massachusetts twice a year, every year for the past 6 years. Never had ANY problems. Gets about 29 highway, 23 city. (I've got the 2.4 liter, 4 cylinder LX, not the 2.7 liter 6 cycl. The carrying space is AWESOME. The ride is great. The visibility is excellent. Got 115,000 on it now - only things I've replaced is tires, brakes, battery, and recharged the AC. The only thing that broke was the power window switch ($225). Nothing else. Original exhaust. If you maintain it and don't drive like a NASCAR wannabe it is as serviceable as any Toyota or Honda out there. AND THE 2.4 LITER HAS A TIMING CHAIN...... NO BELT TO REPLACE OR EMPTY YOUR BANK ACCOUNT. Kia is still selling this car in Canada as the Rondo, and everywhere else in the world as the "Carens". Why they stopped importing it to the US is a mystery (unless they felt it would compete with it's own Sportage). This car is a hidden gem and GREAT value.
I put a Cadillac converter on here but the car is acting like it don't want to moveI put a water pumpthermostat radiatorsome more stuff just cant think right now
I am looking to purchase a CC Sport 2012 this weekend with 90k miles on it. Am I making a mistake????
I bought this car when it was three years old. The first two years it was low maintenance but then things started go wrong. I'm not sure if dumping $5000 into a car in 5 years would be considered excessive but it is likely more than all the other cars I've owned in 36 years put together. The brakes had to be done at 35,000 miles, which might be quite early. They also scared me that year when they said the turbo needed to be replaced but in the end it was sticky linkage. Although, that might me consider selling it. I have had nagging emissions control issues, which I've spent over $2000 on and some other leaks. The car is also rusting quite a bit now, although large parts of that are due to accidents the previous owner had with it (and, hence, Volkswagen won't cover). I am considering undergoing some sort of rust sealant to hold the thing together longer. The leather interior is holding up well.

On the hand, other than the turbo scare, nothing major has cropped up and it has never left me stranded. The DSG has been reliable but I'm told that it will soon be time for a scheduled maintenance on that. As notorious as Volkswagen is for electronics, nothing has failed so far. The heating/airconditioning is marginal–two things that are significant to me living in the extreme weather of the prairies–but have not required any maintenance.

I am at 50,000 miles now. Should I keep it? It has been my favourite car to own so far as fun factor and versatility. I also have invested in aluminum winter wheels and tires for it and the rooftop bike carrier for my bike fleet. I am crap-shooting that I spent so much on it already that I might have fixed the lemon issues by now. I can't afford a new GTI/R to get a warranty and would have to buy some boring, reliable car to replace it :(
I love my 2008 Mercedes CLS. It does everything I need it to do and serves as a great daily driver. I bought it used in 2011 and have had great luck with it on repairs to date.
check the fuel lines and pump
awesome car rides smooth and very quit
DEBILITATING VEHICLE! This is a piece of junk! Driving this vehicle for a month is having me at the chiropractor now. My back hurts constantly now during the week when driving this garbage. This should have never been manufacturered. I was a Ford guy until I drove this long enough. I will never own another Ford because of this debilitating rolling turd!! Ford Transit Connect is F"Ed up! $hit!
Who puts leaf springs and a seat as comfortable as 2x4s on a vehicle... Oh! Ford does! That's how stupid they are! The AC works though when it's not smelling like dirty socks or burning anti-freeze! Piece of junk! You screwed up this time Ford! thos vehicle is so bad, that the torque kicks in going down a hill. It's stays confused kicking in and out several times going up a hill as well. Mechanics say"that's just their design" and "nothing wrong other than its a transit".
Well, great! Now my vehicle is the brunt of mechanic jokes as well! I hate this vehicle!
Hello i have a 2002 power stroke F 250 what a great truck 210 ,000 still looks great except a rust issue on rear wheel wells size of 4"x 8"
I have replaced a few things alternator power steering lines and few other things but i can say it a awesome riding and durable truck i love it and want to get the rust fixed $3,000 to take outer skin off and redo , Maybe finder flairs are a option ?
I bought my used 1995 Toyota Camry LE sedan 4-cyl with 82K miles- maybe in 2008. The inside was in great condition, but was that dated light blue color. I immediately replaced the water pump & timing belt because the previous owner had not - that was about $600. Still, I got a good car for a total of $3500. It has never had any rust. As of 2016 this car has been a trooper, it has 171K. The A/c is super cold & the defrost works great. It is not the most prestigious looking car on the road- is not equipped with the latest USB ports or sirius radio, and my large husband does not think it is all that comfy to drive. BUT this car runs. I have, over the years replaced the struts, fuel pump, distributor, radiator, master cylinder, plus regular stuff. It has had a bit of an issue where the gear shift doesn't engage the switch so the key will turn, but I have had that worked on, seems to be way better now. Lately, I have noticed a slight hesitation in the the automatic gear shift when accelerating at around 50 mph. I just ease off the gas and it usually shifts fine. The maintenance costs have been minimal compared to paying several hundred dollars a month (plus higher car ins. & taxes) for something that only decreases in value. I have heard the 1995 V-6 is not such a work horse, perhaps more of the other reviewers will specify which engine is being reviewed. I do not think I will ever get rid of this car, even if/when I do have more $ to put into an automobile. This car is just a great little find if you are lucky enough to come across one that has been well maintained. A car is just to get from point A to point B, and is not worth going into mega debt over. Thanks for reading my review.
If you truly love driving curvy roads and want the experience of an old English or Italian open-top sportster without the cost to buy or maintain, look no further. He is my love story:

After renting a 1970's Alfa-Romeo Spider for a weekend, I HAD to have a little roadster for the awesome backroads where we live! My then 12 year-old son fell in love with cars that warm Autumn weekend as I drove him all over the twisty backroads in the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains in Virginia. The man who rented the Alfa said he'd sell it (or his TR6) for around $4,000-$5,000 each. I am old enough to remember the service nightmares of Italian and British sports cars, so I told this gentleman who had rented and worked on the old roadsters for a decade or so of his retirement from a "day job" that I was not handy and had no interest in spending time repairing a car; I just wanted the pleasure of driving a 2-seater open-air sports car. His advice was straightforward, simple, and 100% confident: Go out and find yourself a Miata that's 10 or more years old and you will have maybe $4,000 to $7,000 invested in something that's everything you say you are looking for. So I did... and he was right!

With the Miata being in the same class as any other modestly priced, small, 4-cylinder car, they are priced accordingly. I paid $7,000 for my 2004 base model with 67k miles (in great shape) 2 years ago (2014). Now 12 years old, I keep it polished and clean, and aside from being wonderful to take out on a warm day or night, it looks really spiffy too. I get compliments EVERY time I take it out and stop in a public place (grocery store, etc.), and yet owning a Miata is not exactly a status thing. It IS what someone who truly loves cars and driving them buys - if nothing else, on nights and weekends - and yet it is reliable and economical if you want it as a daily driver too.

I have had more enjoyment from my shiny little red sportster than just about anything I have ever owned in my 55 years. Hop in, start down the road, and I swear my blood pressure and heart rate drop almost instantly. It can be a total thrill of raw cornering fun and engine revving madness or a lovely and relaxing cruise in the country for some fresh air and sunshine. I call it my "street-legal go cart". It is 100% unadulterated fun and yet has all the comforts and conveniences of a modern motor vehicle. The Miata provides all the simple joys of driving that the older, bare-bones roadsters did, only without the constant worries and frustrations of predictable and constant "service issues". It just keeps going happily along, allowing the appreciative driver to do what he/she got into a 2-seater convertible for: Driving fun and pleasure.

And, I don't worry about "if" something should break. Mazda parts are cheap and so is service. No different than any other modest brand in that regard. I looked into Porsche Boxsters, a more refined and arguably more beautiful car, but the cost to repair a German sports car is triple or more, not to mention a lot more likely to be needed. I've changed the oil twice and the only time I spend doing anything but driving is pampering my baby. I put a great, "once a year" polish on it the first spring of ownership and wash it every couple of drives, shining up the great alloy wheels and refreshing the shine on the paint with a quickie spray polish here and there. This is a car you can use and abuse or love and pamper. Either way, enjoyment of ownership is off-the-charts high if you want open-air fun plus reliability at a ridiculously affordable price. This can be and most certainly is a car that even most "working class" folks can own as a weekender, vs. waiting for retirement to get a "fine" sports car.

I am 6'1", 220# and just barely fit, but for my purposes, its perfectly fine. I have long legs (32 inseam) and am somewhat short-waisted, so my head is not into the top on the few occasions I drive with it up. I agree with the assessment that you either should not get a Miata if you are over 6' tall OR do as I did and try one out first to see if you fit.

This car takes corners at speeds faster than I am skilled to take them on the backroads and if the back end ever does start to let loose, it is so naturally controllable to drift that you feel like a professional on the Nurburgring. With the top down, who cares about refinement or if there might be some road noise on the highway? The only sound that will matter is taking the little wonder smoothly from 4500 RPM to almost redline. This is where the power is and this is where the engine puts out a great sporty sound.

The service advisor where I took the car said (paraphrasing): "Go out and rev it all you want. Drive it the way it was designed to be driven (implication being quick and hard-cornering). Most people shift at about 4000-4500, but that is where the fun just begins. DO NOT WORRY about revving this engine right up to its limit. I never see these cars come in with engine problems unless they have super-high miles and are just worn out..." This is what I have done for over two years and about 6k miles of backroad fun and leisure. Me and my Miata are still just as happy and carefree as the day we first met.
I have 108,000 on the 2005 Solara SLE. HARD to beat this car. JBL sounds top-down clear, always starts the same, has sat long periods and always came out of sitting well. I've changed belts, battery, brakes, and tires. Bridgestone Turazas don't wear out and ride well. Had the computer tell me I needed an oxygen sensor in 117 degree Tulsa summer heat, but after I bought one, I still have it, as it no longer asks for it, curing itself I guess. I used to run higher mid grade gas, but now run regular. Not an issue. My wife left the car running all night in the garage, and came to bed and it shut itself off eight years ago. No biggie. I reach under the hood and replace the oil filter every 3,000 synthetic miles because you can... With your barehand... Wow! Thanks Toyota! And it won't leak on the garage floor !!!
I want to buy another car, but why? Maybe because I'm a guy driving my late wife's car... I guess that's why they stopped making the car... It became a gender thing... Men have no identity driving this black beauty... But real men don't care ..., and real men don't always drive trucks... So be it!! Take me to 300,000 Zorro!
I bought my 2011 Malibu lt1 with under 70k miles squeeky clean car fax well maintained always on time maintiance a couple days ago I LOVEEEEE IT. I traded my 2007 chevy impala ls for it. The small issue I have is I dont like the looseness in the steering the smallest steering wheel turn wow the car goes there. Steering is extreamly sensitive. And I so wish it was a v6 or v8 and not a 4 cyl. Car. Other then that SOOO MUCH ROOM SUPER STYLISH AND FUN!!!!! VERRRRRRRY reliable !! And safe!!!
This car is a piece of crap! I had trouble right from the start. Now I am having more issues with the car vibrating and noisy engine on start up. I have been at the dealer so many times I have lost count. DO NOT EVER BUY A NISSAN!! PURE JUNK
Comfortable ride, a bit noisy with a/c, lots of electronic sensor and other mechanical issues that I experienced and read about but Hyundai has not been responsive to recall or covering under warranty. Buyer beware unless you know a certified mechanic, a backyard mechanic may be ill equipped to diagnose the various computer technological issues with this vehicle.
2012 Nissan Versa: DO NOT BUY! I went over my 60K powertrain warranty by 580 miles and the transmission is blown. I drove this car for most of the miles and did not abuse it. The struts went bad around 40K and they would not cover it. I paid out of pocket only to find 20K later that they now recalled the car for faulty struts. After complaining to Nissan about the $4,000.00+ transmission repair cost they indicated labor would be taken care of. So, I have a car I owe 6K on, worth 5K and a repair of more than 3K. Never again will I buy a Nissan.
MAJOR COMPLAINT BAD BRAKES,
THEY HAVE BEEN A NIGHTMARE MAKING THE TRUCK NOT ONLY UN-SAFE BUT NOT TRYSTWIRTHY TO DRIVE MORE THAN 10 MILES IN CITY TRAFFIC.

4WD Electronic engagement never worked. Had it in 4WD 6 Times, the motor that engages it went out 4 times making it un-usable.

Brake issue explained.bought my 2001 Dodge Dakota in 2001 with 7k miles on it and was pleased with it until the brakes started to get hot under normal use, and it continued to get worse.Sometimes it was fine for a few weeks but it kept coming back. So I took it to the dealer, they checked it and test drove it and as usual it didn't act up that day. The prob continued and took it back a second time, no action was taken. This was around 12k miles I divided to replaced the pads and it was fine for 1k miles then the same. So I again replaced the pads and rotors my self with a better brand. All was well for about 5k miles. And problem cane back, worse than before. My new pads and rotors were burnt.
I took it back to the dealer but this time I drove it around until they stuck and pulled in to the dealer. Told them to drive it now and verify the problem. Of course they waited to long and they cooled, fortunately I took a time/date stamped pic of them smoking hot when I first pulled in, I was smoking hot by then too.
They reluctantly replaced everything from the booster master cyl, lines pads and rotors. Worked great for 4-5k miles and the problem is back and of course the warranty ran out, so never did get it fixed.
I think it may be related to the ABS controller, cause when they start sticking it pulsates making the front bounce when I brake. Once they get very hot truck bounceseven when I'm not breaking.
I've only got 70k miles on this truck, and rarely drive it because of the prob.I have put 6 sets of pads and 3 sets of rotors on it. Thought about buying an expensive brand name brake kit on it, but if its the ABS controller it would likely do the same. Like to keep the truck but its just not reliable enough to trust more than a few miles from home. I won't knowingly sell it to anyone know it has this problem. Maybe I should trade it back in where I bought it just to get even with them.
Anyone heard of anything like this?
I welcome any opinions.
Some of the repairs that were needed. Cv boots, flex pipe, engine speed sensor, water pump, engine temperature sensor, evap valve, ignition coils, abs control module & speed sensor.
It was a great car. I had a few problems mostly due to my neglect. Like everyone else I do have the same problem with the headlights low beam blow out. One other annoying problem is whenever the battery cable is disconnected for whatever reason, the car engine behave ridiculous for a day or two until it resets itself.
iI bought my 2006 Kia spectra brand new 9 years ago, and I now have 220,000 miles. I absolutely LOVE my car!! I haven't done the best job keeping up with regular maintenance, and didn't have one single issue with it until about 6 months ago. But considering how many miles I have on it, I'm guessing it's common to start running into issues that need repair. I will definitely be sticking with the Kia brand!
I love this car. It handles even better than the new versions. I have had basically no problems for years. The gas mileage, tear and wear, upholds great. I drive it like a new one and it has gone to many states with me. Body and interior a little cheap from the company but you can take care of that easy enough. Brakes are well enough, but make sure you change them right away when you are suppose cause when they go they go fast. drive train has been very smooth but I always keep the maintenance and lube it yearly whether it needs it or not. Engine has performed very well to date. Changing the spark plugs in the back end is a real pain tho. Get a special tool for this. No problems with the emissions. Heating and cooling OK so far. Suspension and steering have been above and beyond for I have taken it there several times to date one of the best features. The only real bad thing to say is the dash. IT cracks and cracks and cracks and so on cracking. If you have a convertible like me I strongly recommend taking out or moving the amplifier from the underneath the passenger seat to the trunk.
It was well taken care of I bought it with 245,000 on it other than a couple minor rust spots on it for Minnesota $1100.00 I replaced the alternator, one rear brake caliper one relay by the way all the same $16. I thought I had battery issues it ended up being anti-theft issues you have to turn the key 8 times on and off within ten seconds to reset 1999 Ford Expedition . So it seemed to have a dead battery after it sat over night
Battery keeps dying, I guess I have to replace it and I need a relay switch to the fan for the radiator. I go on line to ROCK AUTO PARTS. COM.
I SHOPPED ON LINE AND COMPARED PRICED, ILL NEVER BUY PARTS FROM AUTO ZONE OR O'REILYS AGAIN. VERY REASONABLY LOW PRICED PARTS. I'm on a fixed income so I really have to be fruggle. You should visit this place.
I paid $6,000 cash for my 1998 Pacific Green Expedition Eddie Bauer with tan interior in 2005 with 134,000 miles on it. I now have 297,000 miles on it. The repairs I've done to it is $600 on rebuild front end, bushings and alternator. Changed bout 4 COP's and maybe two plugs and also trailing arms. The interior and body are great. I change the oil every 3 months. No spitting out plugs with those aluminum heads either. This car runs great and people can't believe it has this much mileage on it. I took it to the Ford Dealership to get No. 4 cylinder COP and plug, because I couldn't get to it. Everything works except the moon roof, needs adjusting, so I disconnected it. I'm really happy with this car. Maybe it was built on a good day. I fix what I can myself, like brakes, oil changes, etc.
I wouldn't own another if it were given to me! I have had mine only a year and have had more problems with this van than any other vehicle I've ever owned, put together! Air conditioning problems had to fix twice! Alternator quit, then cv joints, now it won't even start with a new fuel pump, it must be electrical because there is no power to the radio, gauge cluster, or the fuel system?!?! Really? I would not ever buy another Nissan. Period.
What can you say about a car that is 16yrs old and has never had a spark plug change? My '99 GS 400 has 215,000 miles and has hardly ever had a problem. I'm convinced it will run forever. I've replaced more parts that wear out like the tires and brakes than anything having to do with the motor and transmission. They are solid. Never an electronic or computer issue. I've thought about trading it in at 100,000 and again at 200,000 but think why? This car just runs. KBB says this car is worth about $5k (it was $46k new) but it doesn't matter because it's not for sale. Even if I get another vehicle one day - which will almost certainly be a Lexus - I'm keep this one in the garage. If you can find a low mileage one, buy it.
my parents bought me a 1997 mercury mountaineer with a 5.0 v8 small block just recently it started making a knocking sound in the engine compartment any ideas on what might have caused it i will be changing the oil this saturday but could there be anything else going on.