Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

I bought my 2011 Malibu lt1 with under 70k miles squeeky clean car fax well maintained always on time maintiance a couple days ago I LOVEEEEE IT. I traded my 2007 chevy impala ls for it. The small issue I have is I dont like the looseness in the steering the smallest steering wheel turn wow the car goes there. Steering is extreamly sensitive. And I so wish it was a v6 or v8 and not a 4 cyl. Car. Other then that SOOO MUCH ROOM SUPER STYLISH AND FUN!!!!! VERRRRRRRY reliable !! And safe!!!
This car is a piece of crap! I had trouble right from the start. Now I am having more issues with the car vibrating and noisy engine on start up. I have been at the dealer so many times I have lost count. DO NOT EVER BUY A NISSAN!! PURE JUNK
Comfortable ride, a bit noisy with a/c, lots of electronic sensor and other mechanical issues that I experienced and read about but Hyundai has not been responsive to recall or covering under warranty. Buyer beware unless you know a certified mechanic, a backyard mechanic may be ill equipped to diagnose the various computer technological issues with this vehicle.
2012 Nissan Versa: DO NOT BUY! I went over my 60K powertrain warranty by 580 miles and the transmission is blown. I drove this car for most of the miles and did not abuse it. The struts went bad around 40K and they would not cover it. I paid out of pocket only to find 20K later that they now recalled the car for faulty struts. After complaining to Nissan about the $4,000.00+ transmission repair cost they indicated labor would be taken care of. So, I have a car I owe 6K on, worth 5K and a repair of more than 3K. Never again will I buy a Nissan.

4WD Electronic engagement never worked. Had it in 4WD 6 Times, the motor that engages it went out 4 times making it un-usable.

Brake issue explained.bought my 2001 Dodge Dakota in 2001 with 7k miles on it and was pleased with it until the brakes started to get hot under normal use, and it continued to get worse.Sometimes it was fine for a few weeks but it kept coming back. So I took it to the dealer, they checked it and test drove it and as usual it didn't act up that day. The prob continued and took it back a second time, no action was taken. This was around 12k miles I divided to replaced the pads and it was fine for 1k miles then the same. So I again replaced the pads and rotors my self with a better brand. All was well for about 5k miles. And problem cane back, worse than before. My new pads and rotors were burnt.
I took it back to the dealer but this time I drove it around until they stuck and pulled in to the dealer. Told them to drive it now and verify the problem. Of course they waited to long and they cooled, fortunately I took a time/date stamped pic of them smoking hot when I first pulled in, I was smoking hot by then too.
They reluctantly replaced everything from the booster master cyl, lines pads and rotors. Worked great for 4-5k miles and the problem is back and of course the warranty ran out, so never did get it fixed.
I think it may be related to the ABS controller, cause when they start sticking it pulsates making the front bounce when I brake. Once they get very hot truck bounceseven when I'm not breaking.
I've only got 70k miles on this truck, and rarely drive it because of the prob.I have put 6 sets of pads and 3 sets of rotors on it. Thought about buying an expensive brand name brake kit on it, but if its the ABS controller it would likely do the same. Like to keep the truck but its just not reliable enough to trust more than a few miles from home. I won't knowingly sell it to anyone know it has this problem. Maybe I should trade it back in where I bought it just to get even with them.
Anyone heard of anything like this?
I welcome any opinions.
Some of the repairs that were needed. Cv boots, flex pipe, engine speed sensor, water pump, engine temperature sensor, evap valve, ignition coils, abs control module & speed sensor.
It was a great car. I had a few problems mostly due to my neglect. Like everyone else I do have the same problem with the headlights low beam blow out. One other annoying problem is whenever the battery cable is disconnected for whatever reason, the car engine behave ridiculous for a day or two until it resets itself.
iI bought my 2006 Kia spectra brand new 9 years ago, and I now have 220,000 miles. I absolutely LOVE my car!! I haven't done the best job keeping up with regular maintenance, and didn't have one single issue with it until about 6 months ago. But considering how many miles I have on it, I'm guessing it's common to start running into issues that need repair. I will definitely be sticking with the Kia brand!
I love this car. It handles even better than the new versions. I have had basically no problems for years. The gas mileage, tear and wear, upholds great. I drive it like a new one and it has gone to many states with me. Body and interior a little cheap from the company but you can take care of that easy enough. Brakes are well enough, but make sure you change them right away when you are suppose cause when they go they go fast. drive train has been very smooth but I always keep the maintenance and lube it yearly whether it needs it or not. Engine has performed very well to date. Changing the spark plugs in the back end is a real pain tho. Get a special tool for this. No problems with the emissions. Heating and cooling OK so far. Suspension and steering have been above and beyond for I have taken it there several times to date one of the best features. The only real bad thing to say is the dash. IT cracks and cracks and cracks and so on cracking. If you have a convertible like me I strongly recommend taking out or moving the amplifier from the underneath the passenger seat to the trunk.
It was well taken care of I bought it with 245,000 on it other than a couple minor rust spots on it for Minnesota $1100.00 I replaced the alternator, one rear brake caliper one relay by the way all the same $16. I thought I had battery issues it ended up being anti-theft issues you have to turn the key 8 times on and off within ten seconds to reset 1999 Ford Expedition . So it seemed to have a dead battery after it sat over night
Battery keeps dying, I guess I have to replace it and I need a relay switch to the fan for the radiator. I go on line to ROCK AUTO PARTS. COM.
I SHOPPED ON LINE AND COMPARED PRICED, ILL NEVER BUY PARTS FROM AUTO ZONE OR O'REILYS AGAIN. VERY REASONABLY LOW PRICED PARTS. I'm on a fixed income so I really have to be fruggle. You should visit this place.
I paid $6,000 cash for my 1998 Pacific Green Expedition Eddie Bauer with tan interior in 2005 with 134,000 miles on it. I now have 297,000 miles on it. The repairs I've done to it is $600 on rebuild front end, bushings and alternator. Changed bout 4 COP's and maybe two plugs and also trailing arms. The interior and body are great. I change the oil every 3 months. No spitting out plugs with those aluminum heads either. This car runs great and people can't believe it has this much mileage on it. I took it to the Ford Dealership to get No. 4 cylinder COP and plug, because I couldn't get to it. Everything works except the moon roof, needs adjusting, so I disconnected it. I'm really happy with this car. Maybe it was built on a good day. I fix what I can myself, like brakes, oil changes, etc.
I wouldn't own another if it were given to me! I have had mine only a year and have had more problems with this van than any other vehicle I've ever owned, put together! Air conditioning problems had to fix twice! Alternator quit, then cv joints, now it won't even start with a new fuel pump, it must be electrical because there is no power to the radio, gauge cluster, or the fuel system?!?! Really? I would not ever buy another Nissan. Period.
What can you say about a car that is 16yrs old and has never had a spark plug change? My '99 GS 400 has 215,000 miles and has hardly ever had a problem. I'm convinced it will run forever. I've replaced more parts that wear out like the tires and brakes than anything having to do with the motor and transmission. They are solid. Never an electronic or computer issue. I've thought about trading it in at 100,000 and again at 200,000 but think why? This car just runs. KBB says this car is worth about $5k (it was $46k new) but it doesn't matter because it's not for sale. Even if I get another vehicle one day - which will almost certainly be a Lexus - I'm keep this one in the garage. If you can find a low mileage one, buy it.
my parents bought me a 1997 mercury mountaineer with a 5.0 v8 small block just recently it started making a knocking sound in the engine compartment any ideas on what might have caused it i will be changing the oil this saturday but could there be anything else going on.
Car like new with all bells and now only 11,000 miles
Ever since I got mine had both of the front tires fall off I smell gas all the time and the car keeps turning off I don't like it hate no matter what I do something goes wrong I fix one thing and something else go's wrong and has put me and my family endanger I do not like my Lincoln LS 2002
I LOVE this little wagon!!! All leather, turbo, beautiful body, silver in color with tinted windows. I've only seen three others on the road since buying mine. I bought it almost exactly a year ago from a Swedish Auto Clinic in Torrance, CA. At that time it had about 140K miles on it. Peter, the owner of Swedish Auto Clinic is Swedish and knows the cars inside and out. He buys a lot of his cars used or from customers who are buying newer ones, and completely refurbishes them. In the year that I've had it, I've only had to put $60.00 into it ($30.00 for windshield wipers and another $30.00 for an oil change). Today is my first problem with it, but I am amazed at how long I drove it before having a problem.
I have a 2007 Dodge Charger, it's been half a year they can't fix my car or can't find the problem to it. First the car wouldn't move nothing, so we took it to a mechanic guy who said it was the transmission. So we got the transmission, but then later the car wouldn't run more then 40. Long story short they put a new computer that probably that was the issue. Once again the same, we had changed the transmission 3 TIMES and nothing. The codes says it's the first gear or the speed senor, which is weird cause everything is new. I have already took it to the Dodge dealer and even they can figure out what's the problem. If anyone knows or had the same problem please let me have some feedbacks or answers how I can get it fix.
Great vehicle. I have a 2002 ML320 with 440,000km. Use it cross country few times even drove it through Mexico. Currently, we just drove it to New Orlanes from Windsor Ontario Canada in Jan. 2016. I have done yearly maintenance at dealer since 2002 without any big problem. All parts are original. There are some repairs but they were minor. Love the car 100%. My next car will be Benz - M class. Took vehicle for bi-yearly Emission Test (oil was year old) and passed no problem.
The C-class is a great introduction into the Mercedes brand. I think you get plenty of car for the price. It's safe, reliable and a little classy. It's no AMG or SL but it's a great start.
Had 2013 Venetian Red auto Elantra, which is such a fine performer, we also bought a 2016 Venetian Red manual Elantra. Both cars love 100% ethanol-free gasoline(E0), averaging 35-39mpg with 25%-15% city driving, with highs of 43 & 46mpg. The 2016 unadvertised improvements include better paint, better electric steering, quieter interior, smoother, much quieter engine, better lights, & better suspension. Altho fairly noisy driving on regular pavements, both cars are very quiet on the new quiet pavements(hope your new pavements are quiet, too). The standard Hankook tires wore out quickly on the 2013(changed to Goodyear at 31,000 miles), altho alignment & balance was good & with careful featherfooting(as the mpg attest). Sure hope the Goodyears will last, at least twice as long. The Goodyears act like the Hankooks, with good stability ON-CENTER. During off-center steering, the Goodyears have better tracking. Bought the Elantra so 3 adults could sit in the back without being jammed like sardines. However, its best with smaller adults & the center rear seat is an abomination!!! The exterior design of the Elantra makes for rear seat head bumping for taller people. I'm only 5feet 9 inches, but with a longer torso, I bump my head often, specially in that center position. Both cars have the 1.8 liter engine & only 130-131 lbs-feet of torque. The 2016 manual tranny accelerates better than the 2013 auto tranny, but glad both have 6-speed transmissions. The manual is good climbing steep hills.... if you gear down BEFORE ascending hills. Don't get caught in too high a gear, specially on high altitude mountain slopes, for sure! Use some of the small torque BEFORE you need it.... so you won't need more torque, that the engine doesn't have.
I got my 95 for $700 from the shop i do business with, they have done all work since 96 , so i have noticed it and liked it. when a 4 salle sign got put on it i looked and all was good , however, the transmission was going out, no problem. it had new T/As , a huge single exhaust installed, K&N air, American wheels circa 95 225:70.16", new struts and poly bushings f&r. Rear Shocks. the car had a lien on it so i felt bad about taking this car for 700. I looked up the former owner and talked with him and he was glad i got it, he had seen my RoadRunner and was apologizing for the way the Transmission was. well i put a low mile used Trans in for $1000 installed. THAT car is one fast SOB that handles great, as good as my Volvo, the freeway trips are very fun. i hyad a problem with a 5amp fuse that is in the run spot kept blowing, i took it to Parker's here in Salem all checked out with no problems so they put a 10amp in and said that it had way too much running off it, other than that i am keeping it! i love rear drivers!!.
I purchased my 1995 Toyota Tacoma 2 Will Dr. in the year 2000 and had 146,000 miles on it somebody used to haul their hourly now I've been using it for work every day and travel often and it has 425,000 miles on it and the only thing I've ever had to replace was the brakes in the clutch like they say this is the best four-cylinder motor ever made
I purchased my F150 Supercrew XLT 5.4,with tow package new on Easter Sunday 2004, it has been a good truck,used extensively for towing a toy hauler fully loaded to the desert for years,used for projects around the house ,hauling heavy loads of landscape/building materials,etc! I have not abused the truck,but I have put it to the test as it was built to do and it has not let me down. I have always done the scheduled maintenance as required by Ford, I have grown up with Ford trucks and I am on my 4th Ford truck, first F150,however,I am disappointed in the Ford Motor Company with the "spark plug" issue that has plagued so many unsuspecting consumers. I had not experienced the hardship that so many have had to deal with until I changed my spark plugs at the 100,000 mile mark, while removing the spark plugs, 2 of the 8 came out with no problem, the other 2 had a portion of the spark plug lodged in the cylinder. I rented a spark plug extractor tool from Autozone, followed the instructions and successfully removed the the remaining piece(s) of spark plug,from what I have read, I was one of the lucky few to have only had the expense of the parts and a full Saturday to get this problem handled, again,I feel for the folks that have lost wages, time with family and everyday activities while their F150 is sitting in a shop/driveway/roadside at the mercy of the Ford Motor Company.
Like most of us common folks, I can't afford to just go and buy another vehicle and take on another long term note....Ford,please restore the trust of your loyal customers and make things right!!!
Lucky one.
Having been a Camaro driver for years 1980, 1984,1985 and recently 2002. These cars are extremely reliable. A real Camaro lover takes care of their cars and understands these cars are a good investment as far as cars go. So much I just purchased a 2002 to slightly restore. I feel good about spending money on these cars as I know I will see more of my money back than just any make model car. Love these cars
Okayyyyyy I got my 2006 Volvo S40 2.4i in 2009. This is my 1st car.... well that I brought. Since summer 2009 I have put 105,000 miles on this car. When I got it, it only had 30,000 on it. When it got to 100,000 miles the main parts with the car started to give out. I have paid for a passenger side control arm, two front axles, a passenger side wheel bearing, the transmissonis started to fail with gerking when getting up to speeds at 127,000 miles. I have gotten a transmisson flush, gas line flush, coolant flush, brake line flush, a tune up that really didnt help save gas at all & the many oil changes plus tires. It seems like my car is in the shop for something every 3 months for something or another. I love the look of the car & want to keep it but with a transmisson that is startting to fail maybe I should trade it in before its worth nothing.
Overall the car is great. I'm less than pleased with the Flexfuel mapping. My 2012 ran extremely well and was not a flexfuel. 2014 engine reminds me of my '84' Wellcraft with the old Chevy "Iron Duke" 4 cylinder engine. I will most likely get a new one (2016?) when SYNC 3 is the tech.
I love my Eddie Bauer ! I've had it for 10 years and it's had a few repairs but I am willing to pay what for any repair it may need. It's been so reliable and easy to drive in bad weather. We love taking it on the back roads using 4wheel drive. I recommend that anyone who owns in to keep it instead of buying something new. It's worth it!
This is the worst vehicle ever made. It's worse than the ford pinto, the Chevy corvair ( which is exactly what this piece of garbage is like ). I repair one thing and an hour or less later something else goes wrong. I keep hoping the thing would catch fire most of the time. It always breaks down when it is cold outside also. I will never buy another GM product again.