Newest Reviews:
  • 2011 Buick Lucerne I like the car but the mileage really stinks, 18 mpg is not exactly my cup of tea, however, like I said, I like the car, now if only I can figure out the bluetooth telephone system in it, I'd be over. I've yet to find someone who has figured it out. I guess I'll have to try a GM repair store.
  • 1998 BMW 323is I loved this car. I kept it for 16 years and just traded it. It only had 153 thousand miles. The cost for repairs had gotten to expensive for the value of the car. The engine was still powerful and it is going to be a very good car for someone who does not mind putting some work into it. I am still emotionally attached to her but she served me well. I will miss her. LOL
  • 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 I have owned my dodge 1500 for over a year now. I bought it with 110,000 miles on it and it now has 156,000. The transmission had failed me but that was a known problem when I bought it. Since the rebuild it has been a strong reliable truck. It towed 1,000 lbs. of tools and my 1982 corvette from Minnesota down to Arizona no problem. The most frustrating problem is the plastic. Dash is cracked and the cup holders never worked all of the exterior plastic is faded badly. I can find a cup holder or dash that isn’t broken anywhere unless I buy new. All in all the truck is solid and for the price verses dependability it blows ford and Chevy out of the water. By the way I love having a full steal bed and body none of that fiberglass crap.
  • 2002 Chrysler Town & Country I purchased my '02 T&C EX in November, 2001. The only major problem I have had was rebuilding the transmission at about 90k miles. Now, June, 2014, and 126k+ miles, it is still going strong. I am having to replace the AC blower motor now, but, it still gets so cold it can run you out. There is a rattle that no one has been able to figure out (it sounds like the muffler to me, but, that has been checked) the electric doors have to be opened manually now and the headliner fell. Overall, I feel it has held up very well and is still a great vehicle.
  • 2005 Chrysler Town & Country really all the reviews I see the van is now 7 or 8 years old you need to have expect some problems with a vehicle that's almost 10 years oldI just bought my 05 town and country and it had 83,000 miles on it then rides drives great full price at $5000 couldn't expect anymore I love it
  • 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe I have had my 2004 Hyundai 3.5 V6 for 4 years. Everything is breaking on it. I am having engine trouble, transmission trouble, rear end problems. Many things have been replaced and it has become a big lemon. It still needs $1,000s in repairs. It has 142,000. My friend has a 2003 with 210,000 miles and has had no major problems. Just my luck. I wish Hyundai would have been the vehicle for me, but I will not look at another brand. This is suppose to be such a good vehicle according to brand and yearly ratings. I am very disappointed as I cannot afford to fix or get another vehicle.
  • 2011 BMW 528i I bought my wife first 2011 BMW 528i for her birthday in Jan. 2012. I am also having the Idling problems. You can be sitting in a fast food drive thru with feet on brakes and the car will start high idling all by itself. Also my check engine light has come on and stays on steady while the car is running all systems checks ok and car performance tends to be ok. I will have her take it in to the dealer tomorrow. Glad I purchased the extended warranty.
  • 2002 Mazda Protege5 Good: The car handles very well. It's sporty suspension makes it a fun car to drive. I'm a DIY (as much as possible) and there are lots of enthusiasts/info on forums. The engine has been reliable. Con: The roads are salted here in the winter and the car suffers severe rust problems. EVERY Protege5 here has rust on it especially around the wheel wells and badges. The manual transmission grinds when changing to 2nd and 3rd gear. I changed all the engine mounts except the rear and that has reduced the grinding but it's not fixed. There is a leak somewhere and the front driver side carpet is wet regularly. There is also a leak that wets the passenger side rear carpet. Corrosion buildup on the posts of the battery sometimes stops the car from starting up. I just clean the corrosion and it's fine again for a few months. Low horsepower. approx. 240K Km on the odometer Parts replaced so far: Engine mounts - front, driver side, passenger side... haven't installed the rear yet. Timing belt/water pump... the belt tension spring came off but luckily the engine/valves weren't damaged. $800 Battery... regular maintenance $125 Passenger side rear strut $100 and strut mount $55... mount rusted all the way through Headlight low beam bulbs
  • 2001 Jaguar XKR Purchased the ('01) XKR in 2010 with 78K miles. Absolutely no regrets. So much fun to drive ! Electronic suspension system makes it's settings automatically - based on your speed (50%), and your road conditions (50%). At low speeds the setting is pretty loose and feels sloppy. Take the same road, w/ the same bumps at a higher speed - and the suspension tightens up dramatically and feels fine. I think some of the sensors send false messages as they get old....(ex: "the boot is unlatched" and it's really not). But it's no big deal. You clear it - and the message goes away.
  • 1998 Chrysler Town & Country Presently own a 1998 Chrysler T&C/LXI, I am very pleased with my vehicle. Which I purchased at a Honda dealer in July 2009. It has EVERYTHING but! the Sunroof which I really wanted. It is Pearl White outside, with camel leather Captain seats inside. I keep it just like it was when purchased it. I go from Va., to Florida every year for the past 5 years since I brought. Replaced rack/pinion, starter. In need of muffler soon. I really ENJOY my van. Just change oil regularly. Have not changed tranny fluid since purchased. Hope to keep long as possible. Go from NY to Va., on 3/4 tank (348miles). Wish the best to the other owners. I was second owner, when I purchased. Prior owner kept it BEAUTIFUL. I will do the same. *( "Gma On Wheels)!!
  • 2010 BMW 528i Have a BMW 2010 5281. I have 33,000 miles on this car. At 29,000 had the belt tensioner replaced. The dealership found the belt tensioner had failed and made a high pitched voice when you started the car intermittently. Now the car is making the same noise . I am going back to the dealer have them look at this again... This was done August 30 and parts and labor should still be under warranty.. Has anyone had this problem? Has anyone had their water pump go out at 60,000 miles?
  • 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue I,personally, love this car. It's old and many little things keep having problems. But,what 1998 doesn't. I like the body style, and we've driven the heck out of it, and it just keeps going with minimal upkeep.
  • 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee i have had the rotors cut @ 14k, new rotors @ 16k, new pads @ 21k, and now at 22k it looks like rotors either need cut or replaced again. this model seems to eat rotors. i would like to hear from any other owners with the same issue.
  • 2002 Hyundai Accent I paid $2500 for my 2002 Hyundai with 78,000+ miles six years ago. I have put very little into repairs, serpentine belt, check engine light, tires, and it still runs like a champ. In town mileage is not so great, especially running the a/c (in AZ), but the day I bought it and drove it 600 miles home, I got 42 mpg! This is absolutely the best $2500 I've ever spent and it only has 110K miles on it now. Oil changes have been managed at least once a year, and otherwise, little maintenance done except washing and cleaning. Great car in my opinion and it's paid for! Registration and insurance is a piece of cake too.
  • 2009 Toyota Venza I've owned a Venza since September 2009 & have not experienced any problems. The Road Noise is too loud, so more insulation ?? may be needed. Leather seats are still in great condition & very comfortable. Electric seats still functioning well. JBL sound system is very good. The storage area is very ample. The back seats fold down, allowing for very long items. when We have taken trips, we found the vehicle to be comfortable, roomy & fantastic on mileage. We actually experianced average gas mileage on the interstate of 33.1/mpg (amazing!).
  • 1990 BMW 735i Car has very good Body build, the secure system for it is very safe, I only had problems with the looking doors motor and the emission leaking, as well, the car has loose power as I accelerate specially on up hill will not speed up. it is very good on stability, and equip but some features had stop working line air conditioning, some lights, but I dont know about the transmission, may be going out but it make the changes well. will have to see about that.I anyone has more suggestions
  • 1998 BMW 740iL I truly love this car. My '98 740IL is in very light green metallic with chrome factory wheels and is in top shape. I look forward to driving this car. As old as it is, it still turns heads and strikes up conversations with many. Simply one of the best purchases I've made. Love the silky smooth powertrain, the mating of the engine & transmission is excellent. I paid $4,500 for mine 2 years ago with 107K miles. Today it has 127+K and never fails. No leaks, no smoke, runs so smooth. This thing rules the road. The controls on the steering wheel are great. I love the ability to change the suspension from soft to sport at the touch of a button. Audio system is great with 6-disk changer, and I really like the power rear window screen and side window screens. The dual-paned windows muffle outside noises well. My only complaints are the drivers power seat controls are fragile, the glove box lock and handle are fragile. Other than general maintenance, I've had to replace the front oxygen sensors, the outside condenser fan motor for the A/C and both struts that hold up the trunk. The previous owner of my 740IL was an airline pilot and he kept this thing clean and garaged. Super SWEET car. I have no regrets.
  • 2008 Chrysler Town & Country This is in reference to our 2008 Chrysler Town & Country Limited with the 4.0L V6. We paid $19,000.00 for it with 22K miles on it. This vehicle was a bargain for us considering its mileage and condition along with many features Power seats front and back, stow & go, video entertainment system with wireless headphones, navigation, loud audio system, that stores hundreds of cds in its memory, tandem dual dvd players, heated seats thoughout, moon-roof, back-up camera, parking sensors and big motor. For a 5 year old car at the time of our purchase, the exterior fit & finish was very good. Paint quality was high. Ours is the dark cranberry color with chrome clad wheels. Overall exterior is nice. Interior is inviting and luxurious looking with bone-colored leather seats and faux wood panels. We've had this vehicle for 2 years now. The auto-start feature is excellent, the power features list in this model is long and they all work as they should. All power doors & locks work well. All windows, vent windows and moonroof open and close properly without issue. GRIPES: I'm 6' tall so for me the front seats don't go back enough. The HVAC vents are in odd places though with limited swivels and aims for me. OVERALL: It's a very nice van with a smooth ride and lots of luxury features and appointments. The motor is very powerful. The 4.0 moves this minivan with authority. PROBLEMS: Not many to date with the exception of the following; The car has failed to start 2 times immediately after we purchased it. It seems to have only happened just after the car was turned off. Tried to start it and only dash lights illuminated with no power going to the starter, we changed the battery in the combo remote control key and the issue has yet to occur again and we never had it diagnosed. We thought the A/C was in need of a charge as the car's interior is not staying cool as it should. After we tested the A/C system pressure ourselves, we learned that the level was correct and that the compressor was working properly. We discovered the culprit was a very dirty cabin air filter, of which is located directly behind the glove box, easily accessible and quickly changed it ourselves with no tools needed. It took less than a minute to change this filter and now the A/C blows strong and cold. The under-mounted spare tire fell off while the vehicle was in motion, however, we don't know if it's a defect or a previous owner error in remounting it. The passenger side power door would not open or close when we tried using the touch button to do so. Then the dash info screen would display "obstruction detected" Upon close inspection we found that the previous owner's passengers must have spilled juice or soda inside the car which apparently made contact with the rubber door seal causing the door to stick to the seal when they made contact with one another. The problem was corrected by just cleaning the seal and the door. The black upper portion of the rear bumper has warped from the sun that it sometimes inhibits the power rear lift gate from opening. An easy fix for us though. The transmission is of concern to us though. We noticed that when the gear selector is placed in Drive, there is sometimes a harsh engaging causing a brief shutter. However, I did notice that this harsh engagement with the transmission being placed in Dirve from reverse can be avoided by waiting about 4 seconds before placing the the car in Drive and after the engine has been given a little time to warm-up. Very convenient for us. The stow & go feature is great, we can transform our mini van into a cargo van with a completely flat floor as all seats stow away perfectly into the vans floor. Overall, we are please with our purchase. We prefer not to buy new and will only buy low mileage vehicles that are straight & clean. We'd NEVER jump on the first deal. We did much research before committing, hence we'd only buy this make of minivan with the optional 4.0 motor. We believe that a smaller motor would be too stressed with all seats and A/C in use in Vegas summers. To date our van has 47,050 miles on it and it's still working fine for us and our 3 kids.
  • 2008 Ford Fusion This car is THE BEST car I've owned in my life. Bought it fairly new in 2008 and just sold it to my 17 yr old son. 114,000 miles and NOT ONE DAY of problems. The 3.0 V6 FLIES down the road...comfort, speed, fast acceleration, etc. Now the sad news...after 5 years of sheer pleasure, my son crashed it into a curb losing control on a left turn and now I'm looking (or rather HE) is looking at a costly repair. We'll know tomorrow.
  • 1990 Mercedes-Benz 300TE 4MATIC I have a pristine 1990 300TE 4MATIC only 52000 original miles. The color is Green on Green and has all the records from Mercedes Benz of New Orleans. Robert Taylor is my Service Advisor. I want to sale it. If anybody is interested contact me: danzam012000@yahoo.com
  • 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 I bought my RAM 1500 4x4 Quad Cab with a 5.7 liter hemi new in August 2007. It now has approx. 172,000 miles. Obviously I put on a lot of freeway miles on it but I also towed a fair amount with a 4,500 lbs travel trailer along with some lighter towing of snow mobiles and boats. This is what I have replaced in the time I have owned: 2 sets of brakes, 1 wheel bearing, tie rod ends, 1 exhaust manifold, one EGR wiring harness, 1 transfer case casing, 1 set of spark plugs. The exhaust manifold and the transfer case Dodge replaced under my lifetime powertrain warranty. Not bad for the number of miles. Overall its been a great vehicle and it does awesome in the snow which I drive in quite a bit. My minor quibbles are MPG, ride quality and the lower grade interior bits. The Hemi has multi-displacement and was rated at 14 City and 18 Highway. You can only achieve 18 MPG if you drive a steady 60 on flat ground. I usually get something closer to 16 MPG. The city is even worse as I usually get 11-12 MPG around town. The interior at the time was far behind Ford and Chevy and includes a lot of hard plastics and foam so stiff on the seats its like sitting on a park bench. I am a average height/weight guy and the side bolsters seem to be made with bigger people in mind as they don't touch me on either side. Brake feel is a bit spongy, I have considered changing the stock rubber hoses over to braded ones but I guess it hasn't bothered me enough to spend the time or money. After 172K it still burns no oil and pulls like a locomotive. I would buy another if I could go back in time as its been a great truck that will be difficult for me to part with.
  • 2009 Chevrolet Aveo I bought my Aveo brand new. After a couple of weeks it started to smell of rotten eggs. I couldn't use the heater or air conditioner because the smell would come into the car. Took it to the dealership and they denied smelling it. Did this 4 times before a man customer piped up and told them that they must all have sinus infections because the car stinks to high heaven. After 2 years of this, they finally looked at the catylitic converter and said it was falling apart. They replaced it. It still smells. They changed the oxygen sensor due to a recall. It still stinks. Complained to GM and they told me they refuse to deal with the problem any more. The car has 25k miles on it and it needs new tires and had to replace the brake light switch. I get lousy gas mileage. This car is a lemon but am not in a position to buy a new car. I was really upset to find out the car was made in Korea. If I do buy another car, it will not be a GM product.
  • 2013 Ford F-150 i traded my 2008 titan in on my 2013 F150 Platinum 2wd on 12/31/2012. First thing i noticed was a clunk in the drive train , right off the show room floor. this only occured as i left red lights. it was a driveshaft lubrication boot issue. fixed by dealer quickly under warranty. first i was told "they all do that". but i did not believe it. if yours does it. the dealer can fix it. after i year and a half of driving it. 22,000 miles. i have grown to like the truck. i lifted the front 2 inches to level it off so it has a more aggressive 4x4 stance. looks better. they stereo has gotten better. sony 700 watt system has to break in the speakers. it gets better as you own it. better bass response now. give it time. mileage....sucks. i get 14 mpg for life of truck. get a bed cover as soon as you can. i waited a year but now i am getting about 1.5-2 mpg better with bed cover. less drag i suppose. truck drives great. very comfortable and has everything you need in a vehicle. we take on long vacations. wifi. 110 outlets. bluethooth. navigation. you name it...its got it and it all works great.
  • 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer I bought my new 4WD 2002 Chevy Trailblazer LS in 2001 and it's still on the road with almost 315K miles. I've had some work done to it over the years, particularly with the front end but everything still works including the 4WD, which I used a lot during this past severe winter. The straight 6 engine and differential gearing won't beat anyone off the line but it delivers enough power to pull a house off it's foundation. My hat's off to the Detroit engineers and all the assemblers who put this one together. If all of the autos would design and build cars that go 300K, everyone would win. Can any of the foreigns or domestics design and build autos that consistantly get to 300K?
  • 2007 Toyota Camry I have a 2007 camry le and is nothing but problems, the engine burns oil since 40,000 miles, the car shakes on fwy about 65 mph, the sun visor came of by it self, the side airbag cover came off too,on a hot day the dashboard is like melting down, i own a 2005 pontiac grand prix with more miles and runs better that my camry.
  • 1992 Chevrolet Lumina We bought this '92 Euro from a woman who had it in her garage for 14 yrs with 103,000 orig miles on it! New tires, battery, plugs, fresh freon charge... Had it 2 years now, zero issues. Nicest older car on the road, drives perfectly, huge inside, quick on the street too! Love the 4 wheel disks and velour interior! Comfortable!! Bright red annoys wife but sure stands out in the parking lots around here! I never paid much attention to these cars when they were new but now I see them everywhere and no wonder... they're great to drive and alot of fun when you get a good one.
  • 2004 Buick LeSabre Purchased used in North Carolina in 2008 (It was a NY car originally). Had 47,000+ miles then, has 311,000 now. Main problem is under body rust caused by salting roads) Most other problems caused by towing things since it does not have a towing package. Otherwise biggest problems are the front wheel bearings and o2 sensors, intake manifold will be another. So far it is holding up but is showing signs of needing replacement. Will wait until Fall 2014 to make the decision. If replacing front wheel bearings always buy the ones with lifetime warranty. Bearings are made cheaply so why pay for them more than once. If frame holds up (does not break due to salt) I believe the car could easily reach 400,000. It makes sense why Buick discontinued the Le Sabre ..... it is too good of a car and lasts way too long.
  • 2001 Acura MDX Srs indcator light stay on why
  • 2006 BMW 325i Bought 2006 BMW 325i in 2010 with 60K miles. Bought extended warranty that covered a few issues. It covered both rear window regulators, small tranny leak and coolant leak. Worked great until it hit 100K miles. Since then, I replaced water pump at 115K mile and starter at 125K miles. Everything else runs great. Rear drive axle just cracked due to terrible roads in Massachusetts cost me $475. Other than that, it now has 137K miles and I plan on keeping until it hits 200K or my daughter wants it in a few years.
  • 2014 Nissan Versa bought new 2014. nothing but problems. started at 1500 miles acted like a vapor lock, Had just filled up.twice in the road it just quit. 1 more time it died at a stop light over 1 minute to restart. they got a bullettin that over 100 abient this would happen it had not been over 70abient. next laugh a super tech shows up drives it over a bumpy road=yeh right and gets it to code. lose wire from factory.and watch the service writers they got a game to, took one to the gm and had a talk.the biggest laugh just came they wanted me to drive it with a tech to pinpoint the problem or be able to say customer cannot duplicate. average failure ever 800 mils currently 4000 total