Newest Reviews:
  • 1999 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 I am the third owner of a fully loaded Sport Pkg SLK230 with 115,000 miles on the odometer. Since purchasing, I have had to replace the front end ball joints and connecting rods which also meant replacing the front tires which had worn prematurely on the edges. I purchased the interior paint from a place in Australia and that solved the ugly interior look. I have been very happy with the car overall; only regret is that I live in a northern state so I have to hibernate my car in the winter.
  • 1991 Chevrolet Corvette Just trying to find out if installing a Pete Jackson dual idler gear drive in place of timing chain causes any problems with on board engine controls such as knock sensor
  • 2004 Volvo C70 My daughter bought a 2004 C70 from a co-worker. It ran great for about a year and then the transmission had to be repaired, the ac stopped working, the rag top will no longer open or close, this all happened within about three months. Now the lights aren't working properly. Will never buy another Volvo.
  • 2006 Kia Sorento Power steering. Seems the tech at KIA Peoria don't know how to fix the problem returned it four times and is still leaking. Factory rotors were replaced after 50,000 miles now they say the new ones are cheap and they are probably warped. Third time to replace the rotors. When I brake the front in shakes and I am told it is the rotors. The service tech says he will sell me good ones for $200.00. Wow! such a deal. The refrigeration had to be replaced I don't know how many times I have had to replace lights inside and out. I have over 100,000 on my Silverado and I have only replaced the water pump except for batteries and tires. Guess I will stay with America made products. DOON'T BUY KIA - THEY ARE JUNCK AND THE TECHS DON'T NOW HOW TO FIX ANYTHING RIGHT. Chuck Akers, Phoenix, Arizona
  • 1995 Cadillac Eldorado Great car, gas mileage and the ride is the greatest but the heat exchange box deter rated in the engine compartment, temp repair fixed the problem, but I can imagine the cost to replace the box would be.
  • 2006 Pontiac Solstice Great sport car, fun to drive, all kind's of praises from on looker's. Too bad about the ignition problem.
  • 2004 Ford Explorer I have a 2004 ford explorer and this sub has been trouble sense i bought it first it sarted loosen power and later on after dealing with that and getting that fix finally the rear hatch just one day part while someone was in it the windsheild and shatter and the hatch just busted out of it's position this is a very defective suv hate i bought it.
  • 2011 Volvo S40 I purchased a 2011 S40 with 18000 miles. Volvo certified warranty for 7yrs or 100000 miles. I inspected every inch and found no problems. The engine and tranny are shinny new not steam cleaned. Performance and comfort are excellent. MPG is better than EPA estimate. I did pay more than various web appraisals about 1480 dollars it is worth it. No regrets. PS. The S40 was discontinued in 2012.
  • 2013 Jeep Patriot My 2013 Patriot has been working great but suddenly it won't start. I am having major problems with the Integrated Power Module. It was replaced once already but burned out. Dealer now is going on two weeks trying to figure out what is wrong.
  • 2002 BMW 325xi Since I have stopped servicing by the dealer many problems have gone away. I have 93,000. Rolling windows and their repairs is the most annoying problem.
  • 1997 GMC Sonoma Bought 1997 Sonoma with 4.3 V6 and 5 speed Trans with 36000 miles on her. Since then I have 0ver 373000 miles on her as of today. She's one tough truck. Since New I have replaced 1 water pump, 1 fuel pump, 1 intake gasket. Believe it or not. I,m still on the original clutch, though She starting to chirp once in a while now. So my baby letting me know its getting to be time for replacement. I'm not afraid to travel anywhere in Her. and as I work out of town we've spent a lot of long hours on the road. Hope to find out just how long she'll keep going. And I'll definitely be buying another GM truck if its got the Vortec Engine.
  • 2008 Chevrolet Equinox my 2008 equinox keeps giving the message 1) traction control check 2) stablilink and the picture of a motor has recently started and is constantly on. What's happening!!!!
  • 2009 Mercury Mariner Had the mariner for 7 months now and I am really pleased with it. The V6 has plenty of pep for me and I really like the 30+ miles per gallon. I like the visibility and the head room. Tried a chevy equanaux and could not get in without bumping my head. I had a 03 mariner and it was about the same but not as good gas mileage. I think I will stick with mariners.
  • 1997 Ford Taurus belt broke & caused engine to turn-over but won't start, replaced serpentine belt & found crank sensor wires touching. could the wires touching together be a problem or the cam sensor. reply
  • 1991 Toyota Pickup I have a rav4 2001 model, Got tapping noise as if its a loose tappet don't know about these is it true the oil pick up on these block easily,ran engine cleaner through it twice and did make little difference. Is it true that they don't have the usual set up and you cant just tighten the tappets by taking off the tappet cover or what ever top cover on motor joined to head is called on these things. Any advice would be much appreciated,ASAP Please
  • 1995 Nissan Pickup (D21) 95 Nissan pickup-best small pickup ever. Bought it in 2003 w/ 80K miles now has 192k on it. Runs great. No complaints. Paint is fading but my daughter's BF is a body man so I'm going to have him paint it for me. No plans to get rid of it for a long while.
  • 2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 2010 bought brand new and had a hub go out and replaced, told it was leaking fluid again and backup light leaking around seal, now light on one half the speedometer not working. Lot of things that are expensive to fix went wrong.
  • 2009 Buick Enclave love the car but not very "do-it-yourself" friendly
  • 2007 Nissan Versa I Have a 2007 Nissan Versa and Im telling you I have had all kinds of problems. I was on the highway when the car just cut off. Then have had to replace the exhaust system, now the car will not pass the emission test now I need to replace heater control circuit sensor circuit bank, the tire pressure light will not go off no matter how much air I put into the tires and God only know what else. I an truly disappointed with this car because I have done nothing except put money into it. No wonder they keep calling me about a extended warranty on this car.
  • 2008 Suzuki XL-7 hi have a 2008 Suzuki xl7 Awd that I got for the wife and we love the SUV it goes any were I need to go. I would buy again
  • 2007 Mercedes-Benz C230 I bought my MB C230 2007 in 2010 with 26000 on it, shortly after the warranty expired and things started breaking down one after another. First fuel pump, second transmission problems (it started getting stuck on gear while driving and wouldn't shift up or down), third camshaft sensor, solenoid magnet, brakes and rotors needed to be replaced on same time. The labor is very expensive in MB dealership. I would never buy another MB again. Very disappointed with German engineering :(((
  • 2004 Volvo S80 Have totaled 238,000 with little to no upsets. Just recently (last Fall) replaced all struts. Car well deserved it after 200K. Mainly been oil and tires and timing belt changes over the years, but just recently have to address a problem with the climate control module which means a serious investment $1200+. Intend on keeping the car because it does perform so well. And prices of new are out of sight. If $1200 is the cost to go another 75-100K I'll ante up. Only complaint I have is with expiring bulbs.
  • 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 2010 explorer sports trac 62,000 miles and the motor has thrown a rod. Now I need a new motor.
  • 2010 Mini Cooper S Basically, the BMW Mini is a rubbish build. Timing chain and clutch both disintegrated at 50,000 kms (30,000 miles) and 60,000 ams (36,000 miles) respectively. Passenger window replacement electric motor required. Battery replaced. Disk brake pads replaced on EVERY service. Plus, much, much more. Dealers are unresponsive and disinterested. They see it as a 'toy' brand not to be taken seriously.
  • 2001 Mitsubishi Galant My Galant has an Issue with letting my backside Driver Seat up all the way, I can't sit back and Drive because the Seat will not let up. How can I address this?
  • 2009 Volvo C70 I have had my 2009 C70 T5 for over two months. Bout it from a friend. I've had to replace the front right axle and left wheel bearings after 100,000 miles and will have to replace the front control arms soon. Besides that, it's been a good car. Fun to drive and very comfortable. I wish it got better mileage but when the top is down you tend to not care about that as much. When I mash the brakes the front tires shake, but that may be brakes. I really love the style and look and performance.
  • 2001 Audi S4 I have owned my 01 S4 Avant 6 speed for 5 years now. I bought it form the original owner with 120K miles on it with service records. My wife drives it daily and has 205K on it. The car still has original clutch, head gaskets, and turbos. Most repairs have been general maintance, but some repairs are costly. Some parts such as EGT sensors, O2 sensors and center driveshaft carrier bearing failure cost massive amounts of money. Although the timing belt kit wasn't to expensive, it still required 5.5 hrs of my time to install. I have owned every german car from vw to Porsche and our S4 is a top 3 favorite of mine. It is second to none in the snow. The downfalls of the car are keeping tread on the tires (3rd set now), expensive parts, and cluster display window not fully lit. Over all, I'm impressed with the S4 function and reliability and I would by another.
  • 1999 Jaguar XK8 My love to my Jaguar XK8 can't be broken, even when my Mercedes Benz 300 SL/24. has a lot of positive memories. To drive a Jag. is not like driva from A to B, it's a dream and I will never sell or change my Jag. for anything in this world. I guess the XK8 from 1999 is one of the best looking cars ever been produced, it looks that way when I park or drive past people and comments ''Very nice looking''
  • 2011 Hyundai Accent I also have had the same issue with the coil packs/ignition coil. Have had to replace now going on the 3rd time and of course no warranty. Also the Fort Wayne Hyundai Happy Car Store Service Department is a horrible place to go, I will not buy another one.
  • 2011 Mercedes-Benz E550 4MATIC Since purchasing new in July 2011, I have had replaced under warranty the air shocks, front struts and, as soon as the parts arrive from Germany, the interior wood trim. In addition, I have had to replace the brakes/rotors at ~29,000 miles. Shame, really, because other than the suspension and brake issues, I really like the car. The engine is terrific - exactly what a normally aspirated V8 should sound, respond and drive like. The transmission is balky sometimes but, overall, works well. Not sure if the suspension problems are systemic or if I've just had bad luck. Given the frequency of repairs, however, I probably won't own the car long enough to find out.