Newest Reviews:
  • 1994 Cadillac DeVille Purchased quite used in December of 2013. This Fleetwood had 84,000 miles after twenty years! The ride cannot be beat. The mileage is excellent (24MPG) and the power (160 HP) is phenominal. I said many years ago that I'd not ever drive an ugly car. This is the car of my dreams. When something on it needs attention, I don't mind putting the money into it....it's worth it!
  • 1994 Jeep Cherokee Bought my first jeep cherokee new in 94 - now it has 230,000 miles and been in the shop one time for a clutch (dahh at 220,000 miles). I have had to replace the ignition switch (2) times myself (well of course that part is a chevy). But, this will be probably the best buy of my life and the best vehicle ever. 22 mpg in the city 29 on hwy (2 door/clutch/4.0). Love that AMC/Jeep engine. A great work horse and just the right size. I'll keep this one my entire life. I would buy one in a new york second if they still made them. My wife has the 04 Grand Cherokee (Great vehicle). My friend has a good 94 Toyota (good small truck) - thus we take tabs who has been in the shop the most, who can pull the most, what you can do with the vehicle the most. (Jeep Cherokee wins hands down over the Toyota). I have had both of my young draftsmen that work for me buy a jeep cherokee and Grand (certain models of course) . Now they see the real life of owning something worth having and keeping.
  • 2012 Mazda Mazda6 Car sometimes has distinct acceleration lag while still cold or when turning corners. Also, the driver vanity mirror will not stay closed. Also, the outdoor temp sensor reads about 20-30 degrees warmer than it actually is.
  • 2011 Ford Fusion This is my second Ford. The first was an explorer that had many wheel bearing problems. Now I have a 2012 Fusion and was just told at the dealer I need a front right wheel bearing. (47000 miles)The mechanic at the dealer told me they have problems because there is a mix of aluminum parts. The Also rides rough over any small bumps.
  • 2000 Volkswagen Beetle I have had two 2000 beetles...they both were used when I got them. I always wanted one since I was little. The problem is they break down so much..and everything is so expensive to fix. Even replacing a headlight bulb is expensive. My second one is in the shop right now...I am praying it will last till Spring then I am buying a brand new car and not a Beetle...my husband said he would leave me if I bought another one. LOL
  • 2007 Toyota Corolla In Dec 2014, rolled over 203K miles, great value! Definitely buy the extended warranty, $840 for five year 100K, where do I sign. It covered CPU, driveshaft seal, and two other items I forgot for easily $1700. Since then, struts needed to be replaced $500 (make sure you wipe them down before inspection if no conering or handling issues), and intake manifold gasket for $300. So, $18.5K purchase, $1,740 m
  • 2006 Honda Ridgeline Great Truck. Just turned 475500km on my 2006. I took the risk to do the TB at 160000km and it is going in for its 3rd one tomorrow. It has it's original exhaust and emissions equipment. The engine is still strong and the transmission has never skipped a beat. Other than a few minor interior dash lighting issues this vehicle has never let me down. Just do the maintenance as required with the exception of the timing belt and your good.
  • 2001 BMW 325i I have had the cable break on the driver's front window 3 times also 2 times on the front passenger side and 1 time on the left back window.
  • 2003 Mitsubishi Galant I have had my Galant 2003 since 2004 and it has been wonderful! The only prob I have had with it was the A/C went out. No prob just had to have it fixed and it was not a big fix with it, thank goodness! But of course lately it is getting tired and old so I think things are starting to get tired on it. Rust is appearting like cancer out of control! and seems like the last few times I have had it in for routine maintenence there has been a few extra things that have been found. Guess that happens.
  • 2005 Honda Civic Perfect car from honda, powerful,smooth, 160000 no big problem at all
  • 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe I had a 2005 Tahoe and I got a short in my front headlight and after So long my truck caught on fire other then that I loved my truck... I just resently bought a 2008 Tahoe and I really like my 2005 better....
  • 2011 Jeep Liberty We bought out 2011 Liberty used in 2013. We wanted a decent winter rig for our snowy area. We did a bunch of research on it and it seemed like a solid choice. Come to find out we were very wrong. We maintained the vehicle well as we have all of our cars and never had issues. The interior is very plastic which we liked because it makes cleaning easy and doesn't hold weird smells. The liberty drives like a truck which didn't bother us at all but did some of our passengers. Within the first few months our rear shocks started going out, there was a whistle coming from the windshield which apparently there is an issues with the windshields needing replaced regularly turns out that the replacement had been set in wrong. We paid to have that fixed. Then our brakes went from being fine to metal on metal with no warning because the sqealer broke off that was while we were out of town. Then not long after our water pump went bad we replaced that pretty easy. Figured no big deal things happen. Then while we were out of town again the car starts howling and shaking turns out we had a bad wheel bearing. Again we fixed the issue and figured it was something we had done. Then 3 days ago we were on the highway through town switched lanes and the car starts to shake like it's going to shake apart. We pulled off the road came to a stop and the car died. We took it for a diagnostics test that showed misfires and a faulty coil. Changed the spark plugs wires and coils with no luck. Had it towed to Toyota as we don't like the Jeep dealer in town. Turns out to be a bad valve. $3000 repair. 74,085 miles on it. Had it for 15 months. Needless to say we are no proud owners of a brand new Toyota.
  • 1995 Dodge Grand Caravan This has been maybe the best car I've ever owned. I've driven it since November of 2002. When I bought it, it had 26,000 miles and it now has 194,000. The 3.0 liter engine is a very strong engine yet economical. I will not be giving it up any time soon.
  • 2003 BMW 525i seat problems. pulley. clutch fan. head lights bulb. I can go on and on
  • 2004 Chrysler Concorde I bought a 2004 Concord used in 2005. It had 28,000 miles when purchased and with light usage nearly ten years later has just 70,000. The "check engine" light was going on and off for years but this year I could not get the state inspection approved without the light being off. Then the nightmare began. The dealer reset all the internal diagnostics trying to find the source of the problem (a fuel pump emissions detector near the gas tank) and after doing so the car began to slip into "limp mode" which it had NEVER done before. Dealer said it needed a whole new transmission. I argued, they brought in a transmission specialist who gave the same verdict. As I had no plan to purchase a new car I bit the bullet for both repairs. Within two weeks the right rear of the car began vibrating. Tire not aligned? I thought so but I took it to a new shop and nothing could be detected. I've want to kee this car to at least 90,000 miles but another big repair estimate will see me moving on.
  • 2005 Buick LeSabre Bought this 2005 in 2013 with 75k on it. Avg mileage 22mpg HORRIBLE. The care this car received from the first elderly owner was impeccable and now I'm driving it minimally but see no improvement in the mileage. Hwy or city...it doesn't matter. It's HORRIBLE. Where is all the wonderfulness that I've been hearing about?? Yeh, the car is sturdy, smooth, quiet, and reliable. But it's a tank...a gas hog...and I'm going broke on it, driving less than 8k a year?? The latest ongoing saga with it is Nov'13' the gage said I needed a new gas cap/engine light accompanied this; Nov'14' exactly one year later the SAME thing. It took 6 caps, last year, to get the car to stop throwing codes. I hope this time is different, it's been 3 days since the cap was changed and the 2 codes still prevail. GRRRRRRR :(
  • 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Almost 200,000 mi and still runs great. Replaced, struts, gas pump. Fuel and gas gauge quit at 100,000 miles. Now odometer stopped working. Finally latch on trunk rusted away, and rocker panels are falling off. The car keeps running like new. Too bad the body is falling apart.
  • 2010 Nissan Frontier My 2010 Frontier started loosing it's luster two years after I purchased it. Last year I noticed oxidation around the doors on both sides. I had purchased the extended warranty so I figured it was covered. WRONG! They said the paint job is only good for 3 years and not covered under the extended warranty. Being a long time customer they called Nissan and decided they would only cover part or half of the cost. I had it done and this year I noticed the same oxidation on the hood and top. Took it back to the dealer and this time they told me I'd have to call Nissan myself. Well my answer was quick when they said they weren't covering anything this time. The vehicle is less than 5 yrs (still paying on it) and only 27000 miles. I figure I'll keep it the remaining 2 years I have left on the extended warranty. Hopefully if it breaks it will be covered.
  • 2003 Mazda B4000 had too get ft axle hub bearings replaced 2 times said they were not warranted cost me 800;00 dollars I had 2 eat after driving a couple of hundred miles steering wheel gets hot on left hand side and burned some dash board lights out other than that been a good truck bought new in 2003 have a 127000 miles on it now
  • 2006 Mercedes-Benz ML350 I love the ML 350, it is a great SUV, runs like a champion!Looks brand new and I always get comments like when did you get a new car!!My Ml has just rolled over the 140K mark, It is the best.
  • 2007 Honda Pilot garbage!!!
  • 2002 Jaguar XKR I am the 2nd owner of a beautiful 2002xkr coupe.I changed the exhaust and replaced the air filter with a less restrictive aftermarket unit.Wow,what a differance.The car is a true gem to drive and own.I love this car and would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone that enjoys cars.
  • 2012 Buick LaCrosse worst car i have owned. engine surging problems which the dealership claims to not be able to find. replaced both rear bearrings, rack and pinion leaking, rotors and pads. hard idle, car almost wants to die. again dealership not able to detect since no codes set off by it. idle sensor already replaced. sharp looking car but dont let that deceive all the problems. ugh...
  • 2008 Jeep Patriot Can't complain, even though jeep currently needs work done to it. I have over 175,000 miles on it, and we've had belt pulley, alternator, a few switches/sensors, CONTROL ARMS, TIE RODS, and other minor repair work done. The roads where we live are rough, and the jeep has been used, alot. It's gone through many life situations and all kinds of weather. It was a demo they were looking to sell at the end of the year, I'd hit a deer and we had a major winter storm coming. Now, at this high mileage, it needs some suspension work and an exhaust maniverter ($500 for the part). The factory brakes lasted 3 years with driving up/down steep hills every day, I used the CVT to hold back vehicle so I didn't have to ride brakes, it's a little weird feeling transmission, but has done very well for me. We're thinking of buying another one, hoping to find another demo that doesn't have all the electronic doors/windows, etc. The only reason not to give 5 stars for all is that things have had to be fixed on it, sometimes odd things, and I hate the white headliner.
  • 2001 Cadillac DeVille My Wife loves Cadillacs so I bought her a Gorgeous (so I thought) 2001 Deville with 69000 miles on it. We didn't have it 2 days when it started leaking transmission fluid and a little oil. Took it to my buddies (so I thought ) transmission shop. He had it 2 weeks and presented me with a $2578.00 Repair Bill. Basically, he rebuilt 1/2 the Transmission and found a cracked oil pan. I'm 65 and this is the biggest car repair bill I have ever had in my life. So, now I call the Car my 14 year old $6600 Caddy. We'll see what happens next ( I can't wait) but I'm already kicking myself in the butt for buying this Car.I'm sure glad I didn't pay $50K for it new. GM should be ashamed of themselves for building and selling these Nightmares. I have an old Yukon I was going to sell but now I'm keeping as a backup for when this Caddy breaks down next. Just got it out of the shop 2 days ago and now a Check Engine Light.Just Great !!
  • 2011 Mercury Grand Marquis I brought my used 2011 when it had 24000 miles on it...the second day the transmission when crazy...the dealer rebuilded the transmission from scratch...adn it runs perfect...no problems out of it but power locks stop working caued previous owner put fold on fuse which cause it to stop working. i used to get 16 mph until i kept the oil changed now i get 24-28 mph with new oil change of which i used Dura-Lube additive. I plan on keeping it awhile great car for the dollar....
  • 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe My Santa Fe is a V6 and it hesitates when accelerating, as do the 4 cylinders listed in comments below. My car is now 3 years old, I bought is brand new, I am at almost 50K miles. Within the past 6 months I have noticed that when I turn the car off and get out of the vehicle I can still hear the car, it sounds like something is continuing to spin under the hood. This sometimes lasts as long as 10-15 seconds. The passenger door when shut sounds very tinny and hallow. Not overly happy with the way it grips the road, even after buying high grade tires. Also, and maybe this is normal, when I use the remote start I have to turn the lights in the car off and back on before my dash will become illuminated. But the car is reliable, I never have to worry about getting from point A to point B.
  • 1999 Mercedes-Benz C230 Bought my 99 230 Kompressor 3 years ago, and am happy with it overall. Only one major problem since I have owned it involving the alternator, but after a replacement all was well. All the other problems I have had have been superficial and cosmetic: Headliner is coming down, and the buttons inside can come off..accidentally sucked the trunk release up a vacuum! Hard to find replacement buttons! But in it's guts, where it counts, the car operates flawlessly with regular oil changes and ALWAYS passes the tough California smog inspections. The supercharger makes it much more powerful than a regular 4-banger, but it does drink fuel like a V6 as a result. It also tends to gear-hunt at low speeds, and resists upshifts until it is fully warmed up..usually about 2 minutes after a cold start, so it can be herky-jerky in creeping traffic. But overall a good car and one of the most reliable MB makes, which says alot because MB makes the most reliable cars in the German lineup.
  • 2009 Honda CR-V Bought 2009 Honda CRV new. At 25000, the steering box went. I was into my fourth year so no warranty. Now, at 36000 miles, the heater core is shot. I will never buy another Honda. I drove clunkers for almost 40 years and never had problems like this at such low mileage. Also, had to replace tires at 29,000 miles.
  • 2005 Hyundai Sonata I purchased my 05 Sonata (GLS extra version) and now have 178500 miles on it. Other than regular maintenance, I've only had to replace the antenna, "computer to fuel injection" electrical relay, and a circuit board for the transmission. Body still shines, the interior has worn like new and everything is almost perfect. I plan on doubling this mileage at least. While the tranny is a bit harsh under pressure and the gas mileage could be a bit better, still, an excellent value vehicle.