Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

Welp ladies and gents after reading all of the reviews I felt compelled to share. I purchased 2012 Volkswagon CC with 29k miles..,certified pre owned. Everything seemed to going well with the car until the tires started feathering and making noise. Swapped them out for another set of continental tires and the problem still existed. Finally purchased versado noir tires for this vehicle and they are simply amazing!!! No road noise. Etc etc.. Now on to what drove me to write this review. Engine misfire. Initially my mechanic thought it was the spark plugs so I swapped out all 4 thinking it solve the issue. Not a chance. Check engine light back on within a week. Fuel injector failure.....Cylinder #3. Warranty Repair covered up to 120k miles. Dealer only replaced 1 but one would think they would have replaced all 4 injectors instead of 1 considering this is the common complaint on the CC. In addition. The dealer recommended a carbon clean to the tune of $450....why? If the warranty cover this cost to replace the injector why jack up the price when you already have the manifold out of the car!!!!! Wtf, I declined the due to cost and feeling taken advantage of. BIG mistake.... Two weeks later check engine light back on and as soon as I walk in they said. "See I told you get the injectors cleaned but now it's going cost you 1k for the repair versus the original $450 we quoted. Not willing to accept defeat and the new found expensive price I reached out to Vw customer customer and they and became my advocate to help me negotiate a much cheaper price. Final cost $300 plus the my original diagnostic investment. Overall, from what I've read I don't think Ive experienced that last of misfires and check engine light. I'm seriously Considering walking away before my car reaches 60k miles. Moral of this story if your think the dealer is treating you unfairly report them Vw customer care and let them fight your battles. Btw, did I mention I've had to replace multiple headlight and trunk bulbs....ugh.b lol

If anyone reads this review pls take heed to the comments and consider buying a different vehicle. Might save you stress, anxiety and money in the long run over misfire repairs.
I purchased my Kia Sephia in 2000, it had 11 miles on it and the only problems I had were it had not been line up when pulled from the truck, fixed for free. In 2011 my car broke down and right in front of my house, thank God.
had to replace the motor mounts and the water house. I am still driving my Kia the paint still looks good. I made a very good choice when I choose my Kia, it now has over 170,000 miles and still going. LOVE MY CAR!
I recently purchased a 2008 GTI and could not be any happier with its performance. Decent fuel effeciency is not sacrificed by having a turbocharged engine. I can get where I need to go both quickly and economically. Of course, it is also a good-looking car, with many standard features lacking on comparable vehicles. Anyone who wants a smooth, sexy ride that is fast and fun, yet still quite utilitarian should consider acquiring a GTI.
Have a 2006 sorento it runs great go to shift it out of park and no matter what gear it goes on it wont matter wont move whats the problem has 180000 miles on it check engine is on what do i do
I have owned my 06 exl with nav for 3 years. It's been a great car. I do make sure to flush transmission fluid every 5k miles just to be on the safe side. It is generally reliable. I have replaced the power steering hose and an o-ring and rear brake rotors as well as front pads/rotors. Nothing major. Will definitely consider buying another Accord.
I hate this damn vehicle I would rather push my 26 year old ford oh that's right its never left me along side the road less the time I let it run out of fuel
This car has cost me out the *** !! The IACV and ECM for starters...didnt know they both needed to be placed at the same time so I had to replace twice...myself...then you have to do the reprogramming the cats...which have 3...very expensive ...cant seem to get anywhere with this Sh**box..I hate driving it !!
found out i had multiple issuses. two ground wires broken. coil broke inside. now running fine.
I have owned my Sable LS Premium for 11 years, bought it used with 11,000 miles on it. I've hardly had any problems with the car. I had to replace the transmission position sensor on top of transmission, cheap repair. Had to replace ac clutch and pulley last summer. Replaced engine and transmission gaskets due to some slight leaking. The brakes were original to the car and lasted 75,000 miles and still weren't worn down completely but changed them anyway. It now has almost 78,000 miles on it and still drives very strong and is a very dependable car and always has been. I have no complaints whatsoever about my sable!!!
I've had the vehicle for six months. It just went through its first inspection and it only needed tie rods. I consistently have check engine light issues with the gas cap and others that I am unaware of however the truck runs great. I recently installed an "innovative" power performance chip and you can definitely feel the boost . Has anyone installed a performance air intake system, if so is it worth it.
Semper Fi
Paid cash for my 94 base cab 2x4 the day after Christmas in 1993, so it was fresh! Has served me well for the last 23 years or so. Odometer now reads over 240k . I've got the 22re. 5 speed manual. Custom shell installed just after I bought it. It came bare: no ps, no pb, no air, no radio, no cigarette lighter. One belt on the engine to deal with--for the alternator. I have gotten up to 45 mpg at times. Somebody asked me the other day if I wanted to sell it. I said sure......for 20k dollars! My little Toyota will probably outlive me and I hope it does.

Maintenance during that time? On my fourth battery. Fourth set of tires. Had the radiator replaced. New front rotors at 200k. Changed the timing chain for the first time at 200k. I have personally changed the oil every 3000 miles. Today it runs like new.
I bought my 2009 Hyundai Sonata in 2010. It was a great car and never had any issues with it. Have driven it cross country round trip 3 times. Until I had to have the timing chain replaced and took it to a 'certified' shop near me who failed to clean out the oil pan when they replace the chain and gears. The metal pieces from those old gears got into the oil pump and caused it to fail which caused the lack of oil to the engine to egg the crankshaft so now the engine is scrap. But I won't blame the car for the negligence of a lousy mechanic.
I have a 2003 Cruiser Limited. I like it pretty well, but am going on my 3rd starter since November and the last replacement was just a week ago. So I'm w/o transportation again. Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this to happen?

Don't want to be stranded,
We picked up our ES when it was 3 years old with 46,000 on it. I said I'd drive it into the ground and then replace it. 8 years later, it is currently at 208,000 with only minor repairs (one injector coil at 60k, water pump at 110k and again at 190k, idle control unit at 180k). At a local shop, the repairs have been ridiculously cheap as well. The size is perfect. In Asia, they sell the version that came after this, known as the Mazda8 over there. Same medium size but nicer interior with more modern styling. Oh, how I wish they would bring the next version over here. Unlikely.
The car is very good. Baught it with 54k kilometers three years ago. Already at 120k kilometers. It has had several problems, specially with the clutch, time belt (have changed twice since I bought it) and several bushings. The A/C compressor has left me dry twice. However, it has been very faithful since whenever it has a problem, it has always got me home. At present, will have to check the left front axel and PTJ since the rubber cover split and has lost all the grease. Excellent engine. Has had minor glitches which I´d never had happen in other vehicles, but I can live with that.
This is my 4 xj. Unfortunately for me my forth is becoming a pain. My third was salvage 99 xj 2WD. Most of you would of oh hell no! It's a salvage. But me I'm up for a challenge. And had to do a lot of body work and the basic oil leaks like the oil filter adapter, oil pan gasket rear main seal and valve gasket. But the majority of my money went on the suspension, brakes, alignment and body work. That's because it was a salvage. This one on the other hand a 2000 xj 2wd is a head ache. You know the regular gaskets, brakes, alignment, suspension.Transmission problems that's about it. The engine is superb! No problems. But other than that it runs great. 4.8 STARS! GOTTA LOVE THE XJ!
Great car!
I have had to rebuild my Transmission and Motor.!!! The truck is currently at Five Star Ford having the fuse panel replaced due to poor design where the panel is taking in water burning out the main relay switch. The automatic door locks stopped working. Due to water leaking in.. the sun roof stopped working. This truck is like some women..they may look good but inside she ugly. More trouble than what she is worth. Chevy/GMC here i come.
2005 Ford Escape.....Biggest P.O.S. vehicle I have ever owned. YOU SUCK FORD AS USUAL. Didn't want to purchase vehicle, but I was in a pinch and needed one asap. Having to put a couple courts of oil in it every week, with no leak found. And it being hard on gas. 4 months after purchasing, out of the blue, it starts running like it's running on 3 cylinders and then just stalls driving on the interstate. Took to a dealer and they run diagnostics on it and tell me the ignition coils, plugs, amd ecu (computer) need replaced. 2000$ JUST FOR PARTS at the dealer.
At auto parts store: Coils=430$ Plugs=32$ Computer=525$ Total=987$. I bought everything and installed myself which took maybe an hour. Computer I purchased is supposed to be ready to go. Already flashed, no key, no programming, no dealer needed. I install, and anti theft light is flashing on dash. Car won't start or even so much as crank over. Parts store gave me another replacement telling me it was wrong computer, and as of this very moment, same issue as first one. I HATE FORD AND I HOPE THEY GO UNDER!
I absolutely loved my X5 at first. You couldn't tell me nothing. I thought I was the $HIT!!!
I brought my X5 about 3 years ago. the first year I had it everything was awesome. Then here comes the problems. It started with the air suspensions. Got them fixed at the dealer. $3000. Next it needed a module...Whatever that is. Another $1200. It drove ok for awhile then I was getting a 6 cyclinder misfire. I got a tune up and a diagnostic and car drove fine for another 6 months. Now check engine light came on and the fan started to run on high speed as soon as you turn the car on at a cold start. The claim my water pump and thermostat went. Got that fixed $2200. Now my check engine light is back on and I smell oil. Guess what now. Oil cooling unit and housing filter is leaking oil. That will be another $1200 also they claim I need a new valve cover gasket. $2000. WTF!!! Like really BMW get yall $hit together. We pay all this money for these damn cars and yall cant accommodate us and do a better job in building these cars??? I give up. Im trading my car in for a Audi A8.
I have 2001 Grand Cherokee Laredo and have had it for 11 yrs. Had to put a new fan motor and tail light covers but other than that, no problems. The taillights are crap. I've had to replace the covers 4 times and still have problems with the blinkers. They work when they want. Overall, I love mine and will keep it until the day one of us die.
1992 Miata with 114,000 miles on her- love this car- a pure delight to drive !
Bought a 2007 Rondo used in 2010. Excellent car, SUPERB value for the money. In addition to routine commuting, I've driven it to Florida from Massachusetts twice a year, every year for the past 6 years. Never had ANY problems. Gets about 29 highway, 23 city. (I've got the 2.4 liter, 4 cylinder LX, not the 2.7 liter 6 cycl. The carrying space is AWESOME. The ride is great. The visibility is excellent. Got 115,000 on it now - only things I've replaced is tires, brakes, battery, and recharged the AC. The only thing that broke was the power window switch ($225). Nothing else. Original exhaust. If you maintain it and don't drive like a NASCAR wannabe it is as serviceable as any Toyota or Honda out there. AND THE 2.4 LITER HAS A TIMING CHAIN...... NO BELT TO REPLACE OR EMPTY YOUR BANK ACCOUNT. Kia is still selling this car in Canada as the Rondo, and everywhere else in the world as the "Carens". Why they stopped importing it to the US is a mystery (unless they felt it would compete with it's own Sportage). This car is a hidden gem and GREAT value.
I put a Cadillac converter on here but the car is acting like it don't want to moveI put a water pumpthermostat radiatorsome more stuff just cant think right now
I am looking to purchase a CC Sport 2012 this weekend with 90k miles on it. Am I making a mistake????
I bought this car when it was three years old. The first two years it was low maintenance but then things started go wrong. I'm not sure if dumping $5000 into a car in 5 years would be considered excessive but it is likely more than all the other cars I've owned in 36 years put together. The brakes had to be done at 35,000 miles, which might be quite early. They also scared me that year when they said the turbo needed to be replaced but in the end it was sticky linkage. Although, that might me consider selling it. I have had nagging emissions control issues, which I've spent over $2000 on and some other leaks. The car is also rusting quite a bit now, although large parts of that are due to accidents the previous owner had with it (and, hence, Volkswagen won't cover). I am considering undergoing some sort of rust sealant to hold the thing together longer. The leather interior is holding up well.

On the hand, other than the turbo scare, nothing major has cropped up and it has never left me stranded. The DSG has been reliable but I'm told that it will soon be time for a scheduled maintenance on that. As notorious as Volkswagen is for electronics, nothing has failed so far. The heating/airconditioning is marginal–two things that are significant to me living in the extreme weather of the prairies–but have not required any maintenance.

I am at 50,000 miles now. Should I keep it? It has been my favourite car to own so far as fun factor and versatility. I also have invested in aluminum winter wheels and tires for it and the rooftop bike carrier for my bike fleet. I am crap-shooting that I spent so much on it already that I might have fixed the lemon issues by now. I can't afford a new GTI/R to get a warranty and would have to buy some boring, reliable car to replace it :(
I love my 2008 Mercedes CLS. It does everything I need it to do and serves as a great daily driver. I bought it used in 2011 and have had great luck with it on repairs to date.
check the fuel lines and pump
awesome car rides smooth and very quit
DEBILITATING VEHICLE! This is a piece of junk! Driving this vehicle for a month is having me at the chiropractor now. My back hurts constantly now during the week when driving this garbage. This should have never been manufacturered. I was a Ford guy until I drove this long enough. I will never own another Ford because of this debilitating rolling turd!! Ford Transit Connect is F"Ed up! $hit!
Who puts leaf springs and a seat as comfortable as 2x4s on a vehicle... Oh! Ford does! That's how stupid they are! The AC works though when it's not smelling like dirty socks or burning anti-freeze! Piece of junk! You screwed up this time Ford! thos vehicle is so bad, that the torque kicks in going down a hill. It's stays confused kicking in and out several times going up a hill as well. Mechanics say"that's just their design" and "nothing wrong other than its a transit".
Well, great! Now my vehicle is the brunt of mechanic jokes as well! I hate this vehicle!