Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

I bought a gently used 2004 Santa Fe in April 2006. It had 30,000 miles and 1 previous owner. It has been the best car I ever bought. It now has 144,000 miles, and I only now had to replace the original brakes, which is really astonishing. I maintain it properly, change the oil when appropriate, and generally pamper it. The first 4 years I owned it I drove mostly highway miles, but since 2010 I have driven mostly city miles. There is a problem with the paint (black) peeling off the hood and roof, but I lived in Louisiana for 4 years where the sun is pretty hard on car paint, which explains a lot. I have never had any serious mechanical issues. One of the rear tail lights fell off when a small plastic clip broke, and the seat belt alarm goes off when I turn right in below freezing weather while my purse is sitting on the passenger seat (kinda weird) and the driver's door won't lock with the remote any more, and the window tinting peeled off, and the rear hatch struts are starting to lose their hydraulic power (will be replaced next year) and the rear hatch cover broke and was not replaced because a new one is way too expensive and I could not find a used one, but these are insignificant issues. It runs like a dream and is the most comfortable car I ever drove. I would buy the exact same car again if I could.
This truck was my husband's "baby" until it let him down. He was driving home from work one day and all of a sudden heard a weird noise and then the truck started to run like crap. Once he finally had a chance, he started to investigate what the problem was. (He is an ASE Certified Mechanic with 30+ years experience) Finally, he found the problem and was very disappointed. One of the pistons shattered. A huge piece of the piston broke off and was just floating around in the chamber. Obviously this has to be a casting defect but we don't know who to contact to see what Dodge and/or Mopar plan on doing to make this right. The truck has less than 100,000 miles on it and should have ran for a lot longer than it did. plus we haven't heard about anybody else running into this problem. Any suggestions on who to contact? Any infor would be helpful, thanks.
Reliable car at least. I had this car since late 90s has served me well over the years. Never will I get rid get of it a very reliable car. Nickels and dime put in car would be only just the normal (wear and tear) oil pan, gasket, complete valve job, distributor cap, starter, camshafts, 02 Pulley sensors, water pumps and struts etc. The Buick is not in the best of condition but heck its still I'll call a strong running car reliable and runs like a champ. It's my energizer old Regal my car roughly got 203,785 miles no bad oil leaks or stalling ever experienced from car. I will be driving this car until the original engine finally gives out, even drivetrain is original as well too car never smoked or overheated. Think GM should go back in time on what they had done when making these older cars my is best ever had besides got it used with 68,000 miles running on same orig. engine/tranny gets 23mpg so okay with that just need my car to last me for a while.
Love it, lots of space. Gets 18 to 20 mpg same as most mini vans. Cheaper to own than mini van. Easy to maintain, can do most maintenance myself. The vinyl interior is great with kids and animals. Enough horsepower to tow trailers. Nice to travel in, its like a little RV. This is the third dodge van I've had. Put over 250,000 on first two before I sold them.
Why did my inside/outside a.c. door quit working. Button dash lights up but door does not move. 2002 GMC Sierra 2500hd duramax
I have a 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham with 36K. I love it! Just like the day it rolled out the showroom. My land yacht is just like driving my sofa down the highway. Can pop in and out of the car with no aches and pains. I think 1995 is when GM started messing around with paints. As this car is a Montana Blue....From a distance looks green, up close more blue. What a sweet car !
need a real low cost to rebuilt my motor on my 1998 bmw740il i got a v8 4.4engine i need it rebuilt for a low cost how much
Love the car, bout used with about 27,000 miles on it. They replace the brakes and tires before we bought it. Hoping they both last longer that that!
I had a 2004 Acura TL bought used in '07. On 10th of July was in a crashed State police and OHIO State troopers couldn't even believed had made it out the car safe. Just purchased a used TL from a owner in NY I know owner and his wife the car has 62,000 miles these old Acura cars are more bulletproof I do plan to driving my second TL for 200,000 miles or up.
My MKZ is a dream. I have 21,000 miles on it and have averaged 40.8 for the total MPG. Its a little tighter that my old town car when getting in and out but the pluses outweigh the minuses. GPS is a little to get used to over my Garmin. The ride is quiet but not quite as smooth as the town car was. Car has required no maintenance except oil changes and tire rotations. On a 3000 mile trip I learned to let the car worry about when to be in electric and gas engines. I would buy another without hesitation.
Good dependable car. I purchased new of '02 now has over 234K miles. Only things have changed be the maintenance care as the timing belt at 75,000 miles and Synthetic oil at 2,500 mile. I have never experienced nothing expensive replacing except minor small exhaust leak in 2012 won the lottery still driving this old car. Still comfortable, replaced brakes, tires, CVs, oil filter and 2 belts etc. So far my Avalon is a solid car it will go for another 100,000 miles as my '85 Cressida lasted 350,000 miles so know Toyotas are trustworthy cars keep on going and going.
Bought car from original couple. When I first bought it started off being a lemon out of Detroit the car has approx. 110,000mi so that is low for a 14 year old car but guess it hates me or I was scammed by crooks. Early one morning had gone to start the PT Cruiser nothing all lights came on dash and made a beep as every car before or after starting up. I took to a shop one of the coils misfired #3 - I got the 02 Sensors, 2 gaskets and bad alternator changed. The doors seems liked this car belonged to the late Herman Munster they just unlock or lock themselves for no reason. Cruise control switched quit working the indicator light starts flashing had checked believed its a malfunction clicking noises from dashboard someone else I've seen on thread had this problem. Engine burns 1qt of oil at every 2,000 miles and lots of sludge buildup blew a heavy white cloud of smoke one day after starting/sputtering. I've taken in too several mechanics no one can't figured out be the problem all tells me just have deal with the problem. Gone to some discounts even called a AutoZone in Las Vegas see could ship parts. This piece of junk had to be towed back to my house was in Buffalo the thing stopped right on freeway. Dash lights not working and speedometer rpms are going crazy kind of freaking me out because the accelerator seems get stuck and engine revs as km goes up/down. Stereo sound full of static - radio doesn't work well all stations would switch themselves there is a problem. I bought the car from couple in their 60s so why in the world is all these problems are happening after bought it or maybe this was a 1st hand the previous owner just has a cursed of me driving vehicle or sold as death car. Well I loss so much just finally left the junk along bought another car this time its all brand new maybe whoever will be buy that thing probably applaud after taking to a junkyard letting the crane crushed as a pancake because that was is going to happen nobody will not put up the PT Cruiser - Junior Problem Child 4 (2015) no longer like with me.
I totaled a 2002 Cougar bought used. Went to a dealership got a 2007 Mercury Milan Premier V6 fully loaded. The car pearl white had windows tinted don't think it was a waste of money buying a used car people buy used cars all the time. Car rides smooth it gets good gas mileage - Automatic tranny is very smooth love how stylish the Milan looks. It is a reliable first bought the car had 60,000 miles I've driven over 30,000 miles since bought car at now 100,000 miles. Equipped with sunroof, leather seats, quiet interior cabin and perfect options ever for a good blue book price ever looking for this kind of car. Milan runs well its a impressive affordable car got back of May 2015 never had problems with a thing. I've been using Synthetic Mobil 1 oil got original plugs changed and the battery looks to be original from the factory. Definitely a Ford product had owned two Honda Accords but the Ford vehicles I've owned one thing about Milan are brakes not too good just had new set replaced be 2nd set on replacement other than that it's a good reliable car for the priced paid at dealership.
Overall a great truck and daily driver
I had the Mountaineer since 2011. I am driving at approximately 75,000 miles (highway). It is a good SUV nice and comfortable it looks more stylish as a Lincoln. Master cylinder stopped all of suddenly the dealer did replaced it but after being a old car the dealership charged me $100.85 because warranty expired and engine mounts were all changed they went too fast at 35,000 miles. Manufacturers date of the vehicle 2/2010 but I purchased in March 2011 with 0 miles on odometer there are no issues just minor wear and tear happened too early on the SUV. The features are nice white face gauges and radio displays so unique ever on Mountaineer. Check engine light remained on this happened early part of summer I had a mechanic check it out figured would be a fuel sending unit he charged $120.00 otherwise Mountaineer is running great right now but problems has begun too early for a 5 year old vehicle. So far runs and drives well plan on keeping another 20,000 miles before anything else breaks in it, least its still flawless having a low mileage.
Excellent car - I bought my 2012 Civic sedan new gets 38.4 mpg the car is solid. Very efficient and great handling being small car definitely roomy in class. Love my Civic no problems almost @ now 53,000 miles I've done nothing but scheduled routine oil changes and maintenance as is tire rotation, fluids and had all new brakes replaced/original. The Civic a peppy little car very comfortable rides decent & has excellent performance for four cylinder vehicle. Digital dash is unique it's a excellent car to be commuter around it was built well as a Honda product is supposed to be as this 2012 Civic LX Sedan so superb fantastic more reliable & efficient subcompact car.
Got car used 4 years ago. Only problem I'm seeing are the intake manifold gasket as mines was just replaced after my car stalled at stop sign. Good Luck to other previous owners with this problem.
Good vehicle for a Ford. I am looking into a new transmission rebuilt as the one got is original. My Explorer is a good truck and has done me well at 205,000 miles.
Car is in bad shape. I need help figuring out where can get new fuel sending unit replacement? Got this car 17 years ago been a good ole Lincoln as still drivable but needs fuel sending unit replacement.
I am 78 years old purchased Toyota Camry since 1984. Just got my new 2015 Camry SE absolutely love this 4th model. The car got good braking distances/smooth highway ride and gets 35 mpg to gal. Believe it or not car looks more luxury than being the daily midsize car very quiet like everything at best on my new Camry. Seats are comfortable, new fit and finish materials does not look cheap looking overall car is just perfect in every way all know it's a Toyota and planning driving until it belongs to someone else after I pass away leaving this earth.
My 94'blazer has 269000 miles on it and it starts up every time it doesn't smoke or leak oil I'm sold on my Chevrolet's I have a 2008 Silverado W/T wouldn't trade it for 3 Ford's...when I bought this blazer it ran terrible I cleaned the throttle body changed plugs and wire's then adjusted the timing and it purrs like a new truck at 267000 I replaced the fuel pump and pick up screen,fuel filter and pump relay I put a little over $100 into it it will be around for a lot longer.
Best little car I've ever had. 160K miles, and three real repairs: airco compressor failed (Honda replaced it), heater/airco fan failed a couple of years ago, and the clutch master cylinder went out last month. That's about it. Uses no oil, starts right up in below-zero weather. I've driven it over washed-out roads in the Colorado Front Range and the Dan Ryan Expwy. in Chicago. No surprises -- it just goes. Really can't say enough good about the Element.
These are good cars...until they aren't. I bought mine in 2013. Drove great for a several months. Then the transmission blew. Apparently this is an incredibly common problem on the automatic transmission version. An auto transmission blowing at under 150,000 miles with a $5,000+ price tag for a rebuilt? There is no used luxury car worth this expense of trouble. I will never buy another used BMW again. These cars are nice but not necessarily durable. Your mileage (and luck) may vary.
I bought the Sienna new of 2013. This makes 3rd Sienna love all them only thing on last one is passenger sliding door wouldn't closed called my dealer as they had the tow truck towing to the dealer. I got the van back couple days later came from a motor went bad replaced under extended warranty. So far there hasn't been no other issues. Sienna is reliable van I have 34,000miles has good road handling and features are best as TV/DVD for kids as have small nieces and nephews. It drives well the automatic tranny shifts smooth no indicator warning lights or anything am having trouble on anything. My last 2004 Sienna went 200,000 mi before replacing the timing chain other than that was very good reliable van in running condition. Comfortable for rear pass as driver seat has nice comfort so everything is perfect on Sienna except my right passenger sliding door wouldn't closed back was raining that day at least the seat didn't get damaged doing a T-storm. If this van keeps going many miles I would considered buying another with good quality as all of them were dependable.
I recently bought a neon from my daughter,her husband paid 1200$for it used.They took it to the beach where it over heated in traffic .When the "mechanic"looked at it,he told them it needed a headgasket and told them it would be 1400$to fix it!I'm not a mechanic ,i'm a carpenter but i gave them 400$ for the car and i replaced the thermostat housing unit and poured in a can of Blue Devil 55$ total to fix it!Runs fine,no leaks at all,Great stuff
I traded a 2011 Grand Cherokee because minimal problems. In Feb of this year bought a 2015 4Runner there are two things slower gear and lacks of power. Big key the SUV is overall best love every bit of feature standard the SUV is great believe bought for great priced after getting out my lemon of Jeep.
Bought 2011 Lincoln MKZ new. Have had for four years. Had to replace battery much earlier than most. Had to replace diver's side door latch. Had to repair air conditioner's sensor for over $600! I really expected more for my money from a name like "Ford Lincoln MKZ."
I call my Taurus my 34,000 lemon, as i've had so many problems with it it's not funny. I should have known when I originally picked up the car and had to drive to the service department as the gas tank lid would not work. There is a rattle under the dash, and I've carried it to the dealership (Legacy Ford, Mc Donough) seven times to date and they still have not solved the problem. The speaker on the passenger front side vibrate intermittently, not fixed. There is a recall on the rear door handles and I reported it to them since April, just got one done last tuesday, they say they have been on back order. There was an airbag light on the dash since May, go it fixed on tuesday after 4 visits.I contacted the Regional Customer Service Manager for the region on 05May15 and did not here from her until about 2-3 weeks ago after several failed attempts to reach her. This car has been a big dissapointment, but more so Ford.
Not a fan of this gen of Sienna anymore. Dash is full of cracks. Hard to get perfect alignment as am told no way to adjust rear wheels or needs some sort of rear camber/caster? kit. I keep it as close as possible for tire wear/tear. More and more problems keep popping up as Sienna ages. This has been a "hyper-maintained" Sienna since Day One of in service. Owned it over ten years before reaching 100K miles so less than normal wear and tear miles. Replaced the timeing belt, plugs, water pump and all seals and gaskets early about 89K miles. Then steering rack went out, then was told needed new steering pump, now AC evaporator case in dash has a leak and was told it will be $3000 to replace??? Trying to get AC fixed for less and get rid of this lemon.
This truck is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I bought it new in 2007 and it has cost me thousands of dollars to keep it running. The list of defective parts goes on and on. Replaced the turbo $2500.00 at 34k miles, the EGR and oil cooler $4600.00 with a after market cooler because Ford installed a radiator finned type that clogs up and blows the engine. Aluminum head bolts with steel $3100.00 to keep from blowing the engine. Coolant reservoir cap $5.00 with Advance Auto one which has a stronger spring. The Ford one has a light spring that goes bad there by causing the engine to overheat and blow. Now the truck is leaning down 1-1/4 inch on the front driver side which requires the addition of a shim 3C4Z-5A300-AA Ford recommends. Price unknown at this writing.The list goes on and on.