Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

I need help I live in Costa Rica one day coming back home I Park my dodge Nitro 2008 , 2.8 cc Diesel and surprise fire from the Engine... My problems I can't get replacement parts in Costa Rica I have been looking for 4 months and nada used or new parts, the engine still work but I need to replace every thing Buster, alternator, censors, fan, belts all plastic components. Please If you where can I go let me know Use or new rolanmcr@gmail.com
Buy this new in 05 .The CD player died at 30k miles on it . Back window leaked . The AC quit working at 40k . Nothing but electrical problems .I am forever done with Chevy .ABS system is a nightmare
I love my Ford 500 Limited. I brought it used with 114,00 miles on it. Now 2 years later the only things that I have to replace was the a/c sensor and alternator which was covered by my warranty. It has 155,000 miles on it and still running great. All I can say is to keep up your maintenance up on your car and It will run just fine. Always get your fluids changed at recommended time. It's cheaper in the beginning rather than costly in the end.
I purchased my 07 Taurus SEL as a daily commuter with 55k miles from a nationwide used car dealer in 2012. Three years later I have only had to perform routine maintenance and replaced the mediocre tires with new Michelins. I do use synthetic oil and perform maintenance by the book. Build quality is very good. I wanted creature comforts such as leather seats and sunroof: I also have automatic start - All electrical, engine and drivetrain have performed to expectation. So, far this car has been reliable safe and around town gas mileage of around 20 mpg. I believe my car was vetted by the dealer thus very few issues. I am very pleased given the price point: Good reliable, anonymous transportation with low insurance costs.
I have owned 4 Retrobirds and the same problem has persisted with each: Coil failure due condensation and/or water getting within. The vehicle will hesitate and run very rough; eventually the wrench warning light will appear and the car will go into limp mode. After March 2015 the warranty coverage for this design flaw expired. If you purchase one be sure to investigate extended FoMoCo warranties - Some Ford dealers do still offer them after all these years. It will pay for itself with one coil/cops repair. The same design flaw exists in the Lincoln LS. Otherwise a very nice vehicle.
Just bought the truck 5 months ago from dealer. Was told safety inspected of course. Just two months after bought it noticed coolant was dissapearing an not a spot on ground. Was adding here an their then recient checked oil an noticed was clean but half inch up dip stick. Ok their is where my coolant is going. So yep ANOTHER blown head gasket. I had a 2000 gmc 5.3 with no issues high miles but never any issues. I get another after i hit a deer with other this one is a 2004 gmc 5.3. So far all the forums on this truck down to the door handles not closing all the way this truck has. After replacing axle shaft seals front . Looks like their leaking so of course its not the seals could i get that lucky as a easy fix. Nope need to replace axle shafts themselves. Im not at all supprised. I wish i still had my 2000 gmc. Great truck for age an miles that damm deer costed me a good running truck an haunted with what next on this 2004. 2001 an up nothing but issues from what i have seen... advice stay away from this year an few years above ..
This has been a great car, I have the XR and it is a very nice ride, I have had no problems with the car 120,000 and going strong.
I have a 2011 Landcruiser which was purchased new. At 60000 miles the ventilation unit no longer recirculates air and the dealer is asking $2700 to repair it. Wow! I thought a Landcruiser would have better reliability than this.
Having owned several Beemers and 2-740iL's; I am biased in this writing. These are real head turners and expect to receive compliments! Now then, things to keep an eye or ear on, relative to these E38's: - Timing Chain Guides: They have a definite service life. Sounds can range from 'ticking' to a Diesel like sounding engine. Also may sound like a failing water pump in its early stages of decline. - Valley Pan Oil Gaskets/Valve Cover Gaskets: must be tighten to spec and absolutely cleaned before replacement. - Brake Lines: High operating pressures leads to leaks/failures. (hot arid climates are culprits) - Headliners seem to sag - Lower portion of Dashboard 'bubbles' out at front corners where front doors meet cabin. - Change ALL fluids regularly! Oil, Transmission Fluid, Break Fluid, Coolant, Power Steering Fluid. ADD Fuel Treatment every 10th fuel fill up. (Techron, STP or =) look for "complete fuel system cleaner" Over all, the 740's are an absolute blast to drive! You will love the whole Ultimate Driving experience!! And your passengers in the iL version will love the luxurious leg room!!!
I bought this beautiful gunite black car brand new in 2000...no problems until 6 or so years later...every time I go to service it's $1,000 or so more and other problems...only have 76,000 miles on it (they say I should drive it more)...one owner, a woman, and it is garaged every day...help me...what to do?...almost perfect condition and it's been dead in my garage for months...battery 2nd one in 2 years)...
My only problem in my 2009 canyon with 4cyl engine extended cab occured after 100,000 miles.For some reason the engine would not start.If I wait for 15 minutes the engine started.This usually happens once a month. I now have 150,000 after seven years. m m
2002 Chevy Cavalier Coupe LS 2.2L SOHC, not Ecotec PROS: Will not stop running, dependable (163k). 2.2L engine bottom rock solid. Decent 30 mpg on hwy. Tight turning circle, easy to parallel park. Rides reasonably well. CONS: Car interior is cheap and not large enough for a teenager. Ditto, trunk. Various design defects: drivers window (replaced but still doesn't work), famous for bad fuel pump design (replaced), exhaust attachments to back of car, rotor wear, tons of fluid leaks!!, electrical accessory problems galore (it IS an old GM car), throws bushings and struts left and right. Transmission going bad now. BEST USE: Basic transportation but have a maintenance budget. No useful back seat access. Car for 1 or 2 people. Must service car at rec. intervals (I did). Very ugly car without a spoiler on the trunk. Huge improvement. Put one on.
best car iv'e had, only afew minor issues 100,000 miles
I bought this car used. I was told that the car was a good deal. I had the car about 2 1/2 months when a popping started when I turned or went over a speed bump. Then I was trying to make it up a hill when the car suddenly began to roll down the hill. I stopped just short of colliding with a bus. I had the car in drive but it only went in reverse. I had it towed to my house and then I couldn't get it to go in reverse or forward. This car does not have a smooth ride and it is not dependable. I regret buying this care tremendously.
We bought our Ford Fusion 2014 in September of 2013. Since then we have had to replace the rims on the car because they keep losing their clear coat. We replaced them at 6000 miles and then again at 21,000 miles and now at 40,000 miles the same problem is occurring and they are stating that they can't replace them because the 36,000 mile warranty is up. It has only been 15,000 miles technically on the last set of rims and this should be covered since this is now the 3rd set of rims that have had the same issue. We have kept up on the maintenance of the car, bringing it in on time for all oil changes, tire rotation, warranty work and even replaced the tires through Ford to make sure that we are keeping our car's records with Ford so that there were no questions on our 36,000 mile warranty and our extended warranty.
I had a '97 Lumina until lady TEXTING N DRIVING crashed into me totaled whole front end well I bought another GM a Impala that is a lemon. Its nothing but problems tranny/brakes even stalled on me at stop light nearly rear ended. Took into several shops everyone tells me can't find anything I'm second handed owner this car is a lemon never will purchase another Chevy again after bad experienced. I am so mad to this point that feel driving over the ladies house telling how she caused me problems purchasing unreliable transportation as other one was one of the best cars ever had. Impala is the worst car had compared a 1980 Ford Fairmont wasn't nothing liked my Impala had lots of problems that are expensive fixing - Trannies, brakes, engine etc. Next week I'm going car shopping either Toyota or Buick for me be last and first Chevy damn it because really loved the first model owned know never trust later models that used because not so durable like the older models as my 1997 Lumina that was really my first best car ever owned.
Traded 2013 Silverado extended cab LT for 2014 wanted new model with electronics. Had 10 thousand miles on 2013 mode when I traded for 2014 crew cab. No problems with the older model. I now have 12; 000 miles on new 2014 model.. I've had nothing but trouble with the new model. First hundred miles had to be towed into shop. So far had to be towed 3times for different problems. I dont trust the truck to travel distance. Called chevy 5 times they just want sell me another truck. At this point if i buy another truck it would be a ford. Im 65 and had chevy trucks my whole life never a problem until now. 2014 beautiful truck but beauty is skin deep.
Love my Isuzu. Have taken very good care of it and it has paid me back as an outstanding vehicle.
Bought my Millenia S with the Miller engine new in 1999. Excellent performance and stylish design still make this vehicle a joy to drive. Had to replace the supercharger (not cheap !) in year 11, and also had some vacuum control issues around the same time. Other than the oxygen sensors, everything else has stood the test of time.
Purchased my 1996 Tahoe brand new with 11 miles on it. Normal maintenance along with treating it like my baby has really paid off. Currently have 298,897 miles and everywhere I go the Tahoe gets complimented on how clean it is. Paint is starting to fade on top of doors (stock blue metallic paint with clear-coat). One problem encountered last week was the SES light came on with code P0300, random misfire. Took it to the dealer and was quickly diagnosed as a worn out distributor shaft ($210.00). No more SES light and the vehicle is idling and running like a new car, amazing. We take this car back and forth from Idaho to California about 8 times a year and NEVER had a hiccup with it. Getting 17.8 MPG on the highway for those trips.
I bought the car 02/07/15 and like 3 months later had to be towed to dealer for catalic converter to be changed. It was deffective. Three weeks later had to be towed again for a fuel injector to me changed. It took the dealer about a week to repair, but after that its been good. I guess, if its man made it can't be perfect.
Inside is very cheap and everything breaks easy if you try to fools with it too much. I.E. the ac vents and when trying to replace the factory radio. Brakes are comfortable for me. Not too touchy, still stops on a dime. Google "Fix Passlock II (Passlock 2) system." Easy fix for your security light problem. Engine over heats a lot. You CANNOT buy cheap replacement anything for this car. Its got to be the most expensive part option all the time. Overall car is very fun. Can run forever if you keep up with the typical maintenance and don't go cheap any where. Once this car starts dying its hard to bring it back. If you have an oil leak. Check your valve covers. Uses silicon to seal. Not gaskets.
i was driving with no warning that my brakes were not going to work had to push the peddle to the floor at first had to see if i missed the peddle almost couldnt stop what would cause that ? it seems like we traded one problem for another
Bought my Spectra EX in Mar 06 new, has 140000 on it gets 30 mpg at 70 mph and I've replaced rear brakes at the 6 yr mark but the front are okay! Probably next year for both and the rotors look like new too! I had a drivers door release break, CD player died and the AC fan belt replaced in the last 9 yrs. Still has get up and go anytime I want it and now I'm trying to replace the radio antenna. So I must have got the golden car that everybody wants.
I brought my BMW 528IX the car is simple awesome trades in the wife drove my BMW Friday application for replacement on a new wife mailbox if flood
I brought my highlander in August of 2004 and she is still going. I commute about 100 miles round trip to work and travel to different cities for my daughter club soccer on the weekends. Besides the normal wear and tear repairs my highlander has been excellent. Air conditioning is still blowing out cold air and has never had any problems. She currently has over 243,400 miles with original transmission and engine. I brought a prius in 2013 for better gas but kept my highlander for my teenagers to drive. Dont plan on getting rid of her. Love this car!
I own a 2010 CC bought new which has had multiple problems in and out of warranty. The engine flywheel had to be replaced because of a noise with my manual transmission. My intake manifold was replaced once under warranty and again later out of warranty because of a sensor failure. Despite using only premium fuel, the engine valves needed to be cleaned manually after two different types of induction cleaning failed. The main engine seal then went and flooded my transmission. This meant that I needed to fix the seal and change the clutch. Now I am unable to fill the gas tank with fuel because the venting system failed and the car is currently in the shop getting a new gas tank. And yes, I've also had the problem with tires that cup and start making noises.
The Veracruz seems to be a beefed up version of the Santa Fe. It has a 3rd row seat and heavy duty suspension, so the car feels almost truck like. Uses large tires and has an overall look of a solid SUV. This results in a slightly rough ride and some road noise. The V6 engine is strong, but I suspect the transmission is barely adequate, because the car shifts often when extra power is needed. The heater is very powerful, but it does not work well until the car is completely warm-- a process that requires about 10 minutes of driving. The interior is spectacular and rivals much more expensive cars with all sort of lighting and gadgets including rear lighting and heating controls. This car cost $29K when new and I paid about $18 when 2 years old. At that price, it was a bargain.
rear parking brakes actually fell apart.The drums are scored and should be replaced. abs light is on as is the brake warning warning dash light.In addition,the door handles are falling off due to corrosion of the fastening points. The rear hatch pistons are not functioning and the lid is very , heavy and difficult to open . it must be propped up with a 4x4 piece of lumber. If it fell on anyone it would result in serious injury. The vehicle was purchased from A dealer here in town,used. The dealer has a good reputation and I never expected the indifferent attitude being displayed. I was told "no warranty,as it is used. Due diligence,the 'reasonable person' philosophy'be damned.There are safety issues involved here that they 'knew or should have known' existed.
do not buy this car