Newest Reviews:
  • 2009 GMC Canyon I own a 09 GMC Canyon and I have had it in and out of the transmission shop since I have had it! it has a warranty yet after I get it fixed it starts shifting hard from first to high! I am so flustered about this. Thank you
  • 2008 Chevrolet Uplander Bought an 08 new, still have it with 317,000 miles on it. The engine and trans are bullet proof. 7 front wheel bearings 4 sets of front brakes 2 sets rear brakes, air con doesn't work, heat has always been erratic at best. Over heated 3 times constantly dumps the coolant for no reason that has been found, I have to check it constantly. Interior has slowly fallen apart and the seats crack. The first two years it spent a total of 60 days in the garage getting fixed. I want to see how long I can make it last.
  • 2003 Oldsmobile Alero Bought this car for 7500 n have 900 left to go, have had it for atleast 3 years, very reblable car, I love it to pieces its my first car, had to do usually tune up oil change, changed the belt a couple times new battery, spark plugs, and that's its, I have aftermarket intake , and this car still runs like a champ, its sitting with 194000 miles! My first car so it my baby! My exhaust has back fire now, pops, I love it, I have a lot of stuff I'm doing to this car once its payed off, very good car! 5 stars on everything!
  • 2007 Mazda Mazda6 I HAVE HAD A SUDDEN INCREASE IN MY HEAT GAGE ALTHOUGH THERE IS NO WATER DID A RADIATOR PRESSURE TEST SHOWS HEADGASKET BLOWN NO WATER THOUGH RADIATOR WATER REMAINS FULL COULD IT BE THE THERMOSTAT STUCK OR A BLOCKAGE IN THE WATER PUMP THEO CAPETOWN SOUTH AFRICA THEODRUMMER@TELKOMSA.NET
  • 2004 Buick Rainier I just brought a used 2004 with 180000 miles on it....I have had a few small problems with it..but I love it and it a great driving suv..
  • 2012 Subaru Legacy Struts are rubbing making noise when going over small dips or heaves in the road. Dealer says they all make noise in the cold. Bs. My 2002 subaru doesn't make any noise.
  • 2014 Mazda Mazda3 Nice interior materials, good ride, and good safety rating. Averaging 32 MPG on a commute that's about 50-60% city/traffic driving. Biggest downside in my opinion is that the A-frame creates a bad forward-driving blind spot that can hide a whole car when turning/pulling out at intersections.
  • 2004 Chevrolet Aveo I bought my 04 Aveo in August of 2013 with 65000 miles for $5500. We immediately replaced the timing belt based on reports that it goes at about 60000 miles. Since then I have repaired all of the following: Catalytic convertor (2x, burned out in 6 months due to engine running too rich)-$1300 (second time it was under warranty) O2 sensor-$100 Spark plugs/fuel injectors $200 Major leak in rear main seal $1100 New tire $80 Gasket leak $100 Water pump, timing belt, whole new cylinder head $2700 (timing belt was just out of warranty) Turned a $5500 car into an approximately $11000 car Performance issues: poor handling poor acceleration worse acceleration if the heat or AC is running random misfire suspension is horrible
  • 2004 Chevrolet Colorado I bought my 2004 Colorado used. It had been in a flood in upstate New York and bounced from dealer to dealer until I bought it. I replaced the Gas tank, had the brakes done and P0171 is the only regular code I got after 1000 miles. Followed sites on internet advice and finally figured out it was the transmission dipstick not seating properly. Fixed the problem no more codes. I'd buy it again. I don't like the driver seat but my wife drives it the most and she loves it. This was my first four wheel drive vehicle outside the military love the way it takes drifts on, up and over.
  • 2014 Chrysler Town & Country Chrysler town and country 2014 garage changed 2 rear shocks at 5000 KM and also at 19,200 KM. At 18,900 the power steering hose leaked badly. The vehicle was towed to garage and hose repaired by dealer. Len
  • 2009 Mercedes-Benz R320 BLUETEC I am the owner of canadian version of this car. I totally agree with the previous review. Excellent, heavy, robust, beautifull car. But there's allways something wrong with it. In two years I've paid more than $3000 on repairs only. I've even had a leakage from the steering wheel power unit. One simple gasket = $1700 to be repaired. Unbelieveable. Plus maintenance. This car, drains money out of your pocket. Real shame for Mercedes.
  • 2012 Mercedes-Benz S550 Purchased 2012 S-550 with 18,000 miles within first month had stall converter replaced in transmission and speaker replaced. Car pulls to right and back tires need replaced every 10,000 miles. At 40,000 had to replace front rotors and brake pads. Very happy with cars performance but replacing tires every 10,000 miles and having to replace brakes at 40,000 is upsetting.
  • 2006 Lexus LS430 That isn't an '06 in the picture. This is a fantastic car. I have owned mine since 2009. Great handling, a phenomenal ride that is like floating when you drive at high speed on the highway, tons of trunk space and leg room in the backseat for an actual adult. The LS also has a first-class engine. Tons of power, very fast even with four people, and an engine that has vehicles with over 1 million miles on the road. JD Powers best in class for more than 15 years ! It was also rated "best vehicle ever made for north America" on one major site. And the best yet, is that they are very reasonably priced used for a vehicle you could easily drive for 10 years and not be bored. Still gets looks when I drive it. Most foreign luxury cars have slipped on quality since mid-2000's, so this car is even more valuable. Good Luck, really can't go wrong here.
  • 2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK320 Have had the common problems , replaced the crankshaft position sensor, and the engine management relay, both were simple DIY fixes. Had the tail light units replaced under a recall notice. Love the car. Handles and drives great. The Chrysler Crossfire shares 80% of the mechanical components with the SLK320. It is very helpful to buy a factory Crossfire service manual(2-3 vols).
  • 2014 Toyota Prius After 8 or 9 months I noticed performance decreasing I used to do well with gas mpg but am only getting 36 mpg after 1 year. I am not happy with this car at all. I could have spent half of what I did to get this kind of performance. dealership in limerick pa gets all defensive when I mention this problem and tells me their are all kinds of factors for poor performance and they can not controll that.I should be able to get at least 40 mpg they claim it can get 52 mpg. I think it is poor customer service. I suggest not going to Limerick PA Toyota!
  • 2013 Ford Taurus overall i like my 2013 taurus limited. torque is low,the ride is not all that great, but i after marketed the air intake.i seem to get a lot more horespower now. i dont really like the dashboard controls.
  • 1995 Buick Park Avenue Ive owned two buick park avenues. A 1994 and a 1995. Both beautiful cars. Such a smooth drive, gets great gas mileage for the size of the car, V6 engine, and so much space to spread out compared to newer cars. My dad got the first one for me and my brothers for its extremely large engine and strong frame for more protection if we ever got in a car crash. Great for teen drivers. Both buicks had pretty much the exact same problems. One of my biggest pet pevs is the electric system. The first buick had a wiring system that was over heating the car so much that it would shut down. I have had to replace numerous electrical parts in the car-most common: seats, power steering button, trunk button, and windows. I would say the only main problem is the electrical system. I dont know why but my battery would always die (replaced 3 times between both cars) I would say be prepared to replace electrical every now and then. The engine did go on me with both buicks-after 100,000 sum miles. The great thing is that in wisconsin there are so many buick parts that it didnt cost to much to find a newer engine- havent had a problem after that. But other than that the car is beautiful. Great in winter conditions- heaver so it doesnt get stuck so easy. Once its moving it just coast. Make sure to regularly change the oil, fill up the tires, and baby it. Itll run like a champ if you keep up to date with it. In the past 2 years I have only had to make 2 repairs on it due to rust. -Tamara
  • 2003 Honda CR-V I HAVE PROBLEM MY CAR DIED EVERY OTHER NIGHT. CHANGE BATTERY AND ALSO ALTERNATOR. CHANGE THE ALARM CERBERUS. I DON'T NOT WHAT ELSE TO DO,I TRIED EVERYTHING PEOPLE SUGGEST ME.
  • 1994 Volvo 940 Bought the car new in 95 with one purpose in mind; protection for my wife and kids. Through the years, the Volvo has saved life limb and trauma on two different occasions. (auto crashes ie; being plowed into by other vehicles. Only until recently, our volvo has had minimal mechanical/electric problems...but now, pushing on toward 300K and into another twenty years of service, is "she" faltering. I raised three boys in the back seat of that car..picture it in your mind..yeah shes taken a beating inside and out..But I'm telling you, the 940 Volvo wagon is still as much of a world class car today as the day I drove it off the lot. Its paid for itself a couple of times and is proudly my wisest money spent ...ever. Bury me in my wagon. Million miles, here we come.
  • 2004 Chrysler Crossfire Purchased my Scarlet 2004 Crossfire in Aug 2014 (100154 mi.) at Manheim's Auction Haus in NC after having had 2 Ford Explorers since 1996. The only problem I saw was that the headlights were foggy, but not that bad. I would like a figure out how to clean them without having to pay through the nose to get them fixed. But other than that, and the fact that the gas tank is really small, everything was great until it wasn't. The tire sensor light never goes out, but I actually do have to air up the passenger front tire weekly. And I hear squeaking everytime I rolled over the railroad tracks. I found out that it could either be struts or the swaybar. Either way, I'm looking at having to take it in to dealer. My glove box decided it wouldn't close anymore too and I have NO idea how to keep it closed. Somehow the the AC dial broke and not its stuck on HOT and it gets really hot! and the driver side seat warmer doesn't work!! But perhaps the worst thing about owning a car made on a Benz platform is that I can't read anything on the engine!! EVERYTHING'S IN GERMAN!! I don't know where anything goes! If I did, I'd D-I-M (do it myself). I appreciate the tip on sucking the oil out through the dip stick because I noticed it's running more like a put-put now than the vroom-vroom it was sounding like before it got cold. That cover below the engine holds water and I am skeptical about going under it. And I know that cant be good. I really wish I could find a video on how to install the crankshaft positioner and EGR valve. That way I could use that $$ on two new front tires. They are worn more on the outside than inside. Should I have them rotated or get new ones? I don't want to get rid of it. But I will definitely have to get a vehicle that isn't so hard on my wallet.
  • 2003 Volkswagen Beetle I've owned VWs all my life and love my 2003 beetle since I bought as second hand with 13,000 miles on. It is a great city car, easy to park and maintain; we've traveled to Canada, around the East Coast and so far, so good ... Sorry for the people that did not have such a good experience but I have to say that I am as happy as I was when I first got it. About to replace the battery and looking to get advice and/or suggestions. Thanks!
  • 1990 Ford F-150 This is my 1st Ford and my 1st used truck. I really like the truck. Its 25 years old and like everything else, things wear out. Im impressed how solid this little is truck. I have the 5.0L with the long base and I really like. The fact that I can work on it is great, now adays just about everything requires the need of a computer and Im a hands on type of guy. My problems seem to revolve around the fuel and tank assemblies. However, I look at this as challenge and enjoy finding and fixing stuff like this. I have no real complaints.
  • 1996 Acura TL my 96 tl just decided it did not want to start anymore. after process of going into every possible cause, discovered that the fuel pump relay went bad( the relay thats up at the top but behind the fuse panel on the drivers side, very hard to find- the relay had cold solder joint cracking, and I just desoldered 4 spots, and resoldered the 4 points, put it back together, reinstalled it behind the fuse panel(where they hid it so you couldn't find it) and the car started right up and has been running great, again, and will for another 320k miles, I am sure (Yes, thats 320 thousand miles on the odometer, and she is not ever hinting of a rebuild, yet. When that time comes, I will rebuild the engine, and keep this car until the end of time! its been the best running, most reliable, and still damn fast, (she will STILL squalk the tires when it shifts getting on the freeway) and although I have been a firm Chevy owner for the past35 years, this Acura is every bit as reliable as all my Chevys were,(which is very reliable). so if you have an '96 Acura Tl 3.2, keep it, you will not find another vehicle that will take care of you like these, and I wouldn't chance it on another vehicle unless you have another transportation vehicle back up. And, my Black '96 Tl 3.2 is the best looking of all the years, all the newer ones just look like all the other cars on the road, but the '96 has that mean but nice look to its front end.
  • 2005 Pontiac Sunfire Bought used 13k miles now 98k. One of the best cars I.ve ever owned.Great car to drive.
  • 2010 BMW M6 I am really enjoying my M6, with its 6 speed manual transmission...!!!!
  • 2005 Toyota Camry My car has 98,000 miles on it. As a stay-at-home mom, I use it sparingly during the school year, and on long-distance car trips each summer. It's been a great car for us.
  • 2004 Nissan Xterra I bought my 2004 Xterra from the first owner. It's been reliable. Problems I have experienced are common for the vehicle. I live inner city. From time to time in the winter I get a check engine light.Scanning showed a loose gas cap.Locking gas cap does not keep people from siphoning gas.If electrical comes on but car refuses to start then move shift lever with the brake depressed and reposition into park. The lock out switches on this version are touchy.I have less than 100kmiles and already have had to replace the alternator, and rear springs. That dual catalytic converter replacement is going to be spendy and mine is on the way out.If they go through calipers frequently make sure to buy a pre-loaded caliper and a must do is to change out the rotors at the same time.Bad rotors will wear out brake pads and calipers very fast.My most recent problem is the dash lights went out as well as the tail lights. Nissan wants a grand to rip my dash apart to change the harness.I am retired and don't have it.I guess I will only be driving in the daylight hours from now on. The fuses are all okay. I read that if one of the tail lights or running lights is out it'll do the same thing and no one has to rip the vehicle apart to change the part.I will try to check the light bulbs myself and then recheck the tail light fuse. The dash lights are connected to the tail light and those fuses are located in the box next to the battery. My other option is to go to the vo-tech when they are doing wiring and have them do it for parts money.
  • 1999 Cadillac Seville SLS i bought my sls two years ago. had security system fixed, ( was the ignition switch). it now has 221,933k miles on it and runs great.shocks all bad though and cost more to replace than blue book for car.what a shame.other down side to this car is the low beams. lenses yellowed, like the shocks,very expensive to replace
  • 2009 Buick Lucerne Car has 43,000 miles,always serviced before it's called for and the transmissions gone, needs replacement, had all sorts of problems with lane sensor, side obstacle sensors, on star and ignition switch, but nothing like the huge expense of having the tranny rebuilt. GM just isn't what it used to be. Beautiful car but not built to last and it wasn't cheap either.
  • 2013 Toyota Prius we were shopping for a small SUV like the Venza, but the Toyota Rep took my wishlist and showed us the Prius V and I was sold instantly! I love the height of the seats so getting in and out is much better than a sedan. I love the roominess of the hatchback on the V, and the gas mileage can't be beat, esp. compared to the Venza at about 19mpg! I'm not too techy so the nav/bluetooth/etc is just a bonus. I do like the handsfree driving on the phone. The ONLY major complaint is the Visors! Yes, the sun visors! They are not long enough to block the sun from the side window position, and just a tad shallow for the front position. Even if a slider were added, that would help, but it's kind of a big deal for me. We are a small family, hubby is 5'11" and he even loves the roominess in front and back. In Cali, we commute and drive at about 25000 miles per year. This has not failed us and have had zero problems. The bonus is the Toyota dealership in Temecula, CA is awesome! I even take our Ford F-150 and Honda Accord to them for routine maintenance!