Newest Reviews:
  • 1998 Honda CR-V Bought this car at 60,000 miles problems with it. Interior leak weather seal leak, A/C stopped working, Heater Blower motor, Rear trailing arms, transmission housing leak, Radiator cooling fan stopped, A/C cooling fan stopped, struts, strut bushings, engine mounts bad. When I purchased this car I thought it would be good on country gravel roads because it comes in a 4wheel drive package. I was sadly mistaken. I have kept up service and maintained the engine runs grate but have had loads of trouble with A/C and Suspension. If I were not a mechanic I would have spent a fortune on this car in labour. Trailing arm bushings replace by a dealer are about $600 a side. If you can do it yourself, look at spending $120 in parts and $100 for the tool to replace them. A/C system was not designed right. Makes for frequent mechanical problems after about 75,000 miles. If your a pavement only driver then this car would be ok if you can deal with no A/C half the summer. I would not buy another CRV but, that doesn't turn me against Honda cars.
  • 2004 Ford Thunderbird ABS Light came on @ 22K miles. This was a $450 fix (one wheel only D/S front) because Ford no longer stocks the sensor only as a repair part. The whole assembly had to be purchased. I recently found a TSB outlining Fords service requirements of this part. A small hole is needed to be drilled at base of hub assembly and wheel sensor need to be changed. However this was all discovered after warranty expired. Has anyone been re-imbursed by Ford for this? Also this was marketted and priced as a premium vehicle but lacks premium features such as memory seats associated with the key fobs allowing a two driver family to have their settings saved. A Jeep Grand Cherokee has this featur but not a Ford T-Bird? Why isn't there a Factory fitted GPS unit available to, didn't Lincoln LS owners have this available in 2004 or 2005? Seems at the time Ford was ignorant of the profits available with these expensive GPS toys.
  • 2008 Jaguar X-Type Pretty
  • 1995 Mercedes-Benz S500 suspension is not as smooth i would like for a mercedes.but so far i love this automovil is clasic, elegant and very safe.
  • 1998 BMW 740i 1998 740i (sport) - 101,000 miles - Body/paint/ flawless but some interior features are cheaply built or overdesigned and fail, such as: cup holders - all are overly complex and fragile and have all broken, the panel that holds the seat controls on the lower left side of the driver's seat snapped off (thin plastics) and the parking brake release is too flimsy and it broke, too. Several of the pixels in the radio/computer display have pooped out. Brakes are silent, tight, and wonderful. New rotors and pads at 80,000 (seems right). Drive train has been trouble-free. Exhaust is still like new, heating and A/C good, A/C could be stronger. New struts (used OEM to not mess with handling). Thermostat replaced and it's in need of new valve cover gaskets.(estinmated $300) All in all it is a dream to drive. hard to describe how rock solid and agile it is. VERY powerful (280 hp.), very fast, handles like nothing else - a real pleasure. Leather is superior to any other manufacturer - I understand BMW buys only exclusive Italian leather - and it shows. One problem... every repair is EXPENSIVE. Thermostat was $600, radiator replacementr was $700... you get the idea. BUT I bought it used at a substantial discount from original $75,000 price... so it's worth the expense. It's not as large as it looks (198 inches long, 4,200 pounds - It's smaller than the new Challenger) yet it holds 5 adults in silent opulent luxury. (That wood trim is real walnut).My "Artik Silber" (Arctic Silver) BMW is a timeless beauty. Best part - gas mileage is 20-25 mpg in the city, 24-28 on the highway. Incredible! Change oil/filter, rotate tires, and realign every 3,000 miles. Replaced all hoses and belts as soon as I bought it. So... she's been pampered. (And she's been up to 144 mph... with pedal left). Some call this E38 model of the BMW 7-Series the best car ever built. They might be right.
  • 1997 Ford Mustang GT 1997 Mustang GT Convertible - 178,000 miles - Replaced the automatic transmission twice (that seems excessive)and the rear end went out, and the anti-sway bar broke. Replaced canvas top and replaced leather interior - makes sense given the sunny climate and amount of exposure. Never a problem with engine. Alternator finally failed at 176,000. Car idles so smooth you think it had stalled. Brakes last, no squeal. Very good. replaces struts at 150,000 (also seems right). Stainless steel dual exhausts still like new. Paint has held up well. No rattles. VERY happy with this car. I change oil/filter, rotate and rebalance tires, and realign every 3,000 miles. Handles great, looks great and is a delight to drive. Good job Ford designers/workers!
  • 2004 Mazda Mazda6 2004 Mazda6 4cyl, automatic - 80,000 - Best handling front-wheel drive I've ever experienced. Not super fast, but fast enough. Interior materials could be better. I'm not in love with the cloth material on the seats, hard to keep clean and a little scratchy compared to Accords and Camry I owned. Ergonomics are excellent. Radio contols in steering wheel are wonderful surprise at this price. Huge inside, huge trunk, really something for its size (about 85-90% the size of Accord/Camry/Altima...) but a LOT more fun to drive. Feels VERY light and agile, steering response and road feel is excellent - a real driver's car. Yet quiet enough and smooth enough for long trips. Engine has weak low end torque, but at 160 hp it's fine for what it is. Mileage is, however, not outstanding for a 4 cyl(24-26). Nothing has broken, nothing has gone wrong. This base model has ABS, and dynamic stability control and side air bags. A VERY safe car. Dual exhausts and overall design is very attractive, sexy, sporty. Mine is "Lapis Blue" which is one of the most beautiful dark blues on the road. Reading lamps, leather steering wheel and shifter, courtesy lights, overhead console, and clever cup holders are nice touches. I own a Mustang GT and a 7-Series BMW, and I gladly drive this car, not as a step down at all. It is a beautiful family car. The right size Now they're big like everybody else. :o( The 2003-2008 Mazda6/Atenza was a "world car" sold in USA, Asia and Europe. It won 200 awards. It feels just right, a real surprise. Not an "appliance" like Accord/Camry/Altima/Malibu/Taurus. I highly recommend this car.
  • 1991 Audi 200 The Audi 200 is a great car with plenty of power coming from a turbo charged 5 cylinder. The suspension is stellar and there is very little road noise. Overall a great luxury sports sedan.
  • 2003 Hyundai Elantra For the price the Elantra is good not great. The engine is reliable but the brakes warped within 4 years, stereo died in 3. Fog lights always seem to burn out. After 6 years and 66,000 kms in Canadian winters years its been good and always started in sometimes brutal Canadian winter mornings. Engine still feels as strong as new. I am hoping to get 10 years out of ours, since it will only cost about $1000 a year to keep going - much cheaper than new car payments. Body is holding up well with no visible rust anywhere. I would by a Hyundai again since they are more of a utiitarian car, very affordable to own and maintain.
  • 2003 Chevrolet Malibu This car is great for travel it does good on gas and is very comfortable on the inside the engine runs great and gets up when it needs to the tranny could be better but it's good for long distance driving at about 26MPG
  • 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 This has been the worst purchase I've made..After 30k miles the A/C, Water pump, and transmission went out one after the other. After having all of these replaced out of pocked, 6 months later I am now having more problems. Left me stranded on the side of the road. I think the fuel pump is gone. Will never, ever buy a GMC again.
  • 2006 Hummer H3 Over priced for what you get!
  • 2006 Hummer H3 Very Good Vehicle. Do not like the wind noise at freeway speeds- It is a brick in the wind.
  • 2002 BMW 330i This car drives amazingly. As far as repairs are concerned, outside standard repairs and replacements, I've had a few problems with the window regulator motors. Otherwise, this car has been great!
  • 2005 Mitsubishi Galant Great car! I've had some reoccuring AC issues, but I think we finally got it all fixed.
  • 1995 Dodge Neon I just got this car and didn't pay much for it... took the bumper covers and trim off and painted them. It's a cute little die hard! Lots of them in the junk yard for parts too. Mine is the super basic model with no a/c or power anything, 5 speed manual. It gets 40 mpg!!! And it loves to go! I have to replace the timing belt soon but that's the only thing. I put in a new guage cluster with a tach - love it! Had a spare radio and put that in no problem - I like this little cutie. Nice, cheap, nimble, and sips the gas! :)
  • 2002 Mazda Protege5 My car is 7 years old now and still drives and handles like a champ!! Very reliable and fun to drive. Acceleration is weak...but who cares. Love it.
  • 2002 Volkswagen Golf Solid car for the money. Terrific brakes, great premium sound system. If you try to change the head lights yourself - do a google search, not that easy - follow the directions to the letter.
  • 2005 Toyota Camry Bought this 4 cylinder Camry in 2005 brand new. Steering wheel is loose and not firm. Took it to dealer several times but he says it is ok to have a loose steering...Car runs good, no complaint.
  • 2001 Toyota Camry I purchased this car in 2003, It gets very good gas mileage. And has been reliable. I have had the transmission seal and oil pan seals replaced by the dealership, while the car was under warranty. Tire wear is good. I seem to be having a problem with the water pump, but its about time to replace it, as well as the timing belt. I have changed the oil regularly. and I recently had the transmission fluids replaced. Still runs as good when I got it at 27,000 miles.
  • 2001 Buick Regal Great car overall, maintenance cost has not been overwhelming. There was a lot of cabin noise, but had some adjustments made to the suspension and now the noise level is low and the ride smooth. The electric windows can be a problem and repair is costly, but have had only one malfunction in four years, but I still love the car; a supercharged family car, you can't beat that.
  • 2000 Mazda Millenia I know you are out there, Milenium owners with 2.3l supercharged equipped engines, downstream O2 codes, new O2's, still setting codes, new converters, still setting codes. I fought this battle for a year and a half trying to get the car inspected. There are two causes for this condition I believe. First obvious is bad converter(s). I had mine "flowed" or tested at the dealer ($85) after I installed a new aftermarket O2 sensor. They said the converters were OK, or about 75%. I didn't feel the justification of the expensive converter pipe(s). I bought and installed a second rear downstream O2, this time from the dealer. Apparently, the factory rear downstream O2 sensor is "overly sensitive", or defective from the get-go. New superseded Mazda unit replaces defective original Mazda O2 part #. Replacing the NEW Aftermarket sensor($84, based on the 1st overly-sensitive Mazda design) with Mazda's new and improved sensor($168)worked for 2 weeks, long enough to get a valid NYS inspection sticker. Hello ck engine light Again. . . The second cause is due to mileage. The supercharger's oil seals/engine's piston rings on a higher mileage engine allow a bit too much oil/power stroke blow-by to squeak by into the exhaust stream's sensitive O2 sensors, "fouling" them out, tripping a Ck Eng light code. This can also thin your oil out prematurely between oil change intervals. Go to NAPA. Ask for Sea Foam. Follow the directions,(add to fuel tank/or inject into intake stream while running) Drive the car. Feel the difference, ck eng light turns off for about 2-3 weeks. Buy another can of Sea Foam ($8). repeat as necessary. Car has been fine without replacing the converters, needing a can of Sea Foam treatment about every 3rd tank of gas for the last 5 months now. Sea Foam cleans the dirty O2 sensors(witch are brand new, but oil fouled) so that they can properly read and feedback the exhaust content to the car's computer (ECM) to make air/fuel ratio changes required on the fly for todays' strict emission monitoring and requirements. I found the $8 can of Sea Foam to be an attractive solution compared to a complete engine tear down and new over-sized piston ring fitment, or worse yet, new over-sized pistons & rings, machine work to make them fit, engine gasket kit, reassembley . . .$$$ , and little or no factory support of information for the Dealerships (or willingness to repair the problem). Alternatively, the dealership can "re-flash" the ECM, eliminating the downstream O2 trigger code (not really fixing the problem just eliminating the trigger to turn on the ck engine light for this specific code). this cost more than I was willing to spend. :) - Just thought I would add that the light has been off now for close to a month. Outside of this 1 problem (not really the cars' fault), I have been very impressed with the build quality,fit & finish, and overall feeling of luxury while owning this car. Tough to service though, shops will charge more $ to work on due to unfamilarity and many parts are only available from Mazda.
  • 2005 Toyota Camry bought this car brand new within the first two years noticed excessive front tire wear with less than 5000 miles and a continued knocking in the steering column when wheel is turned and no one knows whats wrong but the forums have the same complaints.This car is not good on gas.So far everything else is operating well.interior compartment noisy so if you want quietness in your car cabin,forget about it!!Vehicle mileage now is 17000 miles so imagine down the road...
  • 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD good engine and powertrain...rough ride..real bad with a 6in lift and 20s....fuel mileage sux! 9mpg
  • 1998 Toyota Avalon This car now has 104k miles and it runs beautifully. All I had to do is replace the rotors, brakes, tires, which are all due to the high mileage. The mechanic tells me it will run for some time.
  • 2004 Honda Odyssey This is a fantastic car !!!!! I owned three Dodge minivans prior to switching (at my mechanics advice) to Honda. Each Dodge was its own circle of purgatory the Honda is heaven!! I lived at the Dodge service getting repaired ...my Honda needs only routine maintenance. I have put 130,000 plus miles on this car in all kinds of conditions and it has proven reliable, comfortable, and reasonably inexpensive to operate. It has great pickup (zippy 0-60) and rides pleasantly. Road noise level is low to average for a mini van but may seem a little noisy if you are used to a car. You will keep this minivan for a looong time so protecting it is good.( If you plan to camp or haul garden supplies or other messy things, spring for the large rubber supplemental mat for the back storage area. I also sprayed my seats with stain proofing when it was new.) Like all minivans it takes a while for ac to cool it in the Louisiana summer, but it has better than average heating and cooling. I bought the lower level model and had a rack put on. I did not get auto doors and have not missed them. My only regret is that I let the salesman talk me out of the back up viewer for the dash board. (One bump into something will pay for the viewer). The line of site when backing up is like a SUV and somewhat worse than some other minivans so be careful. The maintenance department at dealerships vary greatly. The one in Shreveport is fantastic so I expected the same elsewhere but hit one that was terrible. If you hit a bad one try another. You can get most maintenance done at service stations try to use Honda parts.
  • 1998 Land Rover Discovery I bought this car used, and the problems that I mention were already a part of the car. However, it does drives good and for the age of the car it is in good shape physically. However, the cost to repair it is extremely high.
  • 2002 Volkswagen Jetta i like it, just dont know where i could it fixed if anything were to go wrong
  • 2001 Honda Accord We will NEVER buy another Honda! Car has transmission problems which result in failure. Honda has service bulletins out on this and there was a class action lawsuit. Honda NEVER notified us of that they had service bulletins and this year of car fell within the problem years. (2001-2003 for the trans failure. Transmission had been worked on by Honda before, and problems started again. They extended warranty to 109,000 miles but mine failed at 110,000. Honda's response? Too bad, it'll be $3000 to repair. The runaround and denial by American Honda Motor Co and their customer service dept has bee deplorable ; since they KNOW there's a problem and don't let people know.
  • 2000 Volkswagen Cabrio I bought this car 4 years ago in 2005 with only 44,000 miles on it. I have had one problem after another. First the brake pads went out at 50,000 miles, then the Seat rack needed complete replacement at 55,000 miles. Now, I was told I need to replace the throttle body and airflow sensor which will cost $1,000 and then the steering shift is loose so I will have to pay $500 to replace bushings. Car is great looking and runs good but very unreliable