Newest Reviews:
  • 1995 Buick Park Avenue Great car! Bought when two years old. Has 90Kplus miles. Have had some small rust repairs to body and repainted once. (We're in the snow belt-no garage) Still runs like a charm, but now have trouble with the cruise control not staying engaged. Have had two attempts to fix it. Otherwise I am careful about maintenance-oil changes etc.
  • 2002 Pontiac Grand Am This has been, well, a real machine. I drive a 2002 Grand Am GT, and racked up 165,000 on it in that time. Other than minor typical problems that afflict any car, this thing has been great! Starts fine, drives great, smooth ride....a good basic ride w/ a bit of style. The only major problems I've had were because of AFTERMARKET parts: a wheel leak issue (bent aftermarket rims), and intermittent ignition lockouts (aftermarket remote starter triggered the alarm lockout feature). All in all, a great reliable car, that take a beating by me and still keeps cruising! :D
  • 2007 Chevrolet Aveo This is by far the worst car I have ever purchased. I bought it because I was commuting 40 miles each way everyday to work and wanted something with good gas mileage. I have had nothing but problems with this car. I have taken it back to the dealership 6 times since I purchased it and it's the same problem every time. The throttle body keeps freezing. They repair it, send me on my way and a few months later I'm back at the dealership with the same problem. Now my car is out of warranty and it has happened again. The gas mileage isn't what the sticker promises at all and to be honest, this car is really nothing more than a piece of junk. There is no acceleration and to even take off at a stop light requires me to turn off the A/C or the car stalls. I would not recommend this car to anyone. Next time, I'm buying a Toyota.
  • 2002 GMC Sierra Denali 2002 Sierra Denali. Overall great truck. Engine is has plenty of power. Love the AWD and Quadrasteer. 82K miles on it now. Avg MPG is 12.7 :( Only problems I've had is the brakes are complete crap, replaced orignal pads at 70k and its difficult to find the right parts at any parts store. Front rotors are from the yukon and rear is from a sierra. Rear brakes are a nightmare. Not exactly sure of the problem, but the pads are shot on the inside of the rear (outsides are fine). Front rotors (aftermarket) are shot as well warped. Going to replace all calipers, flush brakes, replace all rotors with performance rotors and install performance pads and see how the brakes are. Replaced original tires at 65K; installed Bridgestone Dueler APTs handles great in the snow and rain. Installed K&N Filter Charger (big HP gain as stock air intake is restrictive) and new exhaust system (Cat back). Replaced power steering pump and Battery (2 times lived in AZ for 2 years). Rear Tonnaeu cover shot at 75K miles and the Side steps are rusting (IL winters). Had some minor issues with the interior dealer replaced drivers seat (cover) and the center console as the skin of the plastic seemed to have melted off in the Phoenix heat. The A/C is great frigid cold A/C and the heater is inferno hot, also love the seat warmers. Truck tow great, like the firm button for sagging with a heavier load. Wish the truck was a crew cab and had a 6 speed tranny.
  • 2003 Honda Odyssey I have the LX with Nav. and no DVD. The pros are the interior's versatility, it cleans up easily with steam cleaner. I've found small parts don;t break very easy. Everything is functional and easy to operate. Even the navigation system I found to be very intuitive, despite remarks on forums. Handles like a car with pretty good visibility, but extra caution is required when backing up. The ergonomics are pretty good. Also, I got 27 MPG on the hwy with both captain seats out. but almost the equivalent weight in luggage and a passenger. Owe it to cruise control. Some cons...the emergency flasher switch is poorly located. on my vehicle, the rear hatch latch keeps getting loose at about 3000 mile intervals, dealership defaults to faulty design. Too complicated to work on it myself, even simple maintenance, but...was able to replace the interior air filter by myself. lower dash e-outlet came loose. And the "biggie" con, the transmission is not that smooth.
  • 1999 Pontiac Grand Am One of the best cars I have ever owned. it has 230,000 miles on it and I have never had a problem with the engine. A few problems with the brakes and air cond. but that is all. An excellent car!
  • 1999 Chrysler Cirrus personally i rather enjoy driving and owning this car.the interior is alright not to shabby the leather is pretty easy to clean and maintain.the brakes on this car seem to go rather quickly though i find i have to change mine more than my other car to keep the braking quality where i find fit.the car runs rather smoothly when you keep up on engine maintenance etc.heating works great,the ac only works well on the highest setting possible otherwise nothing happens when i turn it on.over all the car is a smooth ride,hardly feel bumps and what not.steering aint to bad neither,it doesnt follow the bumps in the road and its pretty easy to handle and drive
  • 2002 Toyota Camry at 108000 miles it blew a head gasket and stripped the head bolts. The check engine lite did not come on until the damage was done. Repair shop says rebore (?not the word they used) head bolts and we won't guarantee any work or put a different motor in it. (New or used.) called this motor a "disposable" one that toyota put in lots of 2002 era camrys. This Camry has been a disaster. Other mild problems previously.
  • 2003 Lincoln LS One of the nicest vehicles I have ever owned. Very nicely appointed with technology and features. Will keep it until it won't goany longer...
  • 2005 Kia Amanti I bought this Kia Amanti 2005 new. After over four years I have not had -- literally -- a single problem with it. Even the milage I get is over the 17/24 that is advertised: perhaps because I drive the car by manual transmission instead of the automatic. Recently, I installed a Kenwood radio/DVD scxreen and took out the Infinity radio system. It makes the already stately car even more distinguished. I have seen photos of the 2010 Amanti; and the new model is disappointing in appearance at least. What many (American) consumers don't appreciate about the current Amanti is that it stands out in public from other cars: high, aristocratic and commanding in its appearance. The 2010 looks like just any other car. Given the fct that Amantis don't compare with the Lexus ES 450, I'd much rather have an Amanti which looks like an Amanti, and not like a Lexus because it is not as good!
  • 2003 Volkswagen GTI I chose the GTI over a Mini of the same year when looking for a good used car. I wanted something small and sporty that wouldn't have kids trying to race me all the time since I just got rid of a Eclipse and Avenger. Mine has everything premium except the 6 disc changer for some reason. My interior is more luxurious than my nephews 05 Caddy. The car is 6 years old now and it still smells brand new when you get into it. My exterior looks almost just like the picture here. Same color with a hatch spoiler and some aftermarket rims that are just sportier and more dynamic than the stock- which aren't bad at all. The drive is great. Quiet and comfortable. When you want the power it's there and sounds cool when the turbo kicks in. Now- the bad: I've had this car since February of 07 and have had goofy little problems with lights burning out and such. Nothing I couldn't just fix myself in 5 minutes. But one day I got a temp light and have had problems since. I replaced thermostat and temp sensor. Bypassed the heatercore. Got the cooling system flushed. Got the system diagnosed. Noone could see a problem. Had my water distribution valve replaced after it blew up on me. All kinds of problems just in my cooling system. I've worked on all my cars from Nissans to Fords but this one I just need to hand over to the dealership and suffer the ridiculously high prices. The car is great but expect the problems typical for it's year and expect to pay ALOT to get them fixed. I have babied mine but you can't prevent everything.
  • 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier I absolutely love my car!! I have 98,000 miles on it, bought it with 93,000. This car just gets up and goes with no hesitation. My sister has a 2005 Chevy Malibu and drove my car and said mine drives better than hers. My air condition did go out in the middle of the summer but it only ended up being a fuse ($20.00) But it blows ice cold in 110 degrees. Cup holders suck :( (They are not in a good place and are not tall or big enough therefore drinks don't fit or fall out and spill)I am having some window issues though, the driver window freezes up sometimes randomly. Dash board is cracked like another person said, it is the year as i've seen other cars like mine with cracks in the same spot, but other than that no problems!! Definitely overall great!!
  • 1995 BMW 750iL great car... lots of balls
  • 2000 GMC 2500 Pickup I am just so happy to own this truck. Despite it's shortcomings, which are few in my opinion, it works for me. I completely expect to get at least another 100,000 out of it on top of the 167,000 I have now. My complaint is the dealer I can't trust anybody to work on it because it always comes back with something really f-ed up, every time.... I've never said oh they did a good job.. it always used to be oh they broke that too and I don't have the time to go back and battle so after a few too many of these I gave up and do most of my own service although I had to have the windshield put in and they destroyed my truck,....... rain pouring out the blower motor housing,, loose and missing parts so that got replaced and is still being fixed.
  • 2001 Mitsubishi Galant I bought this car when it only had 20K miles. It has not left me stranded. I have replace what all cars need. It now has 126K miles and still going. I have changed the timing belt, water pump, hoses, belts, etc,just as required maintenace. I take car of this car and it takes care of me.
  • 1999 Chrysler 300M Absolutely love the car. As with any car with age, older parts need to be replaced. I replaced the radiator, ac evaporator, struts, strut mounts springs, tie rods (inner and outers), rotors, control arms, tension struts, water pump, and timing belt. I love doing the work on the car. One of the only full size sedans that still on the road that won't break your pockets.
  • 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Literally live in my truck. 6 months old and drives like a dream. Long fwy drives clocks at 1275 rpm doing 68 mph. Get average 21 - 22 miles a gallon on this MDI engine. GPS with Sirius works gr8. re-directs during any traffic probs. Awesome truck.
  • 2009 Nissan Versa The Versa is an awesome car. It is the SL HB with the CVT. Very peppy and GR8 on gas. It's my teen's car and I love it for around town.
  • 2002 Chevrolet Malibu I am very disappointed with this car. I have replaced the intake manifold gasket twice and the intake manifold once( made very cheap out of japanese beercans)which totaled $ 1500.00 dollars.Brakes are horrible can't keep pads on it( Install the rotors with the holes drilled in them will solve the front brake pad issue)There is no GM service after the sale. It is a car that coul;d have been a good car but GM put to many cheap and poorly designed parts on it and took to many shortcuts. They should have to buy everyone of these things back or give a great trade in credit to trust GM with another car buying experiance
  • 1995 Honda Civic Excellent car. Very reliable the car now has about 150,000 miles and is still in perfect condition.
  • 2001 Pontiac Montana Lame vehicle. Doesn't do the job.
  • 2006 Hyundai Sonata Best car on the road today, 3.3L V6 is very quick, good milage, rides smooth, lots of power. We purchased new in 2006 and have 47,000 miles on it so far. We had to replace recently fuel pump, A/C compressor, no expense to us, work coverd under warranty. Dealer advised to buy better grade of fuel. No explanation offered for A/C Compressor failure.
  • 2003 Volkswagen Passat This is a great car, reliable and fun to drive. The only issue is the outrageous cost of service. Nobody knows how to service or repair them except a VW dealership, and they charge a jaw-droppiing amount. I'd be a VW customer forever if I could get reasonable servie costs, but as it is, I'll never buy another.
  • 2006 Toyota Corolla I currently have a 2006 Corolla Xe and have experience the following problems:Leaky water pump, gaskets, and brakes that needed to be replaced. I thought this was unusual in that I am the only person to drive this car and the percentage is rural driving.
  • 1998 Ford Escort not a bad car, but lately having alot of problems with it, the car when i start it seem sok, but when i give it gas, it wants to die, so i just let it die, and then when i restart it, it runs fine like nothing was ever wrong with it..
  • 1994 BMW 740iL Transmission problems are common problems with these cars. "Tranmission Program" translates to about $1750 in repairs at some dealerships. There are several hoses that have to be replaced in order to resolve the colling system issues. $400 a pop is common for many repairs. This car is grossly over engineered compared to other cars that deliver the same performance that are cheaper to maintain. Gas mileage is horrible, but perfomance when the car is functioning is much better. Eletrical issues remain a problem with this model along with the transmission whining sound. I have noticed this with many BMWs of this same model. An improvement since the 1993 version of the automobile, but not by much.
  • 1990 Mercedes-Benz 560SEL This is a great car that is reliable, the main issue to this model are the standard high-mileage leaks from the valve cover gaskets. Some dealer parts are actually cheaper than aftermarket. In comparison to the 1994 BMW 740iL, it is cheaper to maintain and eventhough it has a 5.6 litre engine, burns less fuel.
  • 1995 Mercury Villager owned the 95 villager for a year now and i find it good on gas and easy to handle. for it's age and over 255thou km it is holding up very well. just having a problem with air flow sensers but otherwize normal maintainance.
  • 2007 Ford Edge awsome car drives like it will take off the ground beautiful sunroof we have the orange color 2007ford edge
  • 1994 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup My third 2500 very reliable very dependable