Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

I have had 3 Mazda Navajo's , first one was great, but rusted out due to northern winter salt on roads. Second Mazda Navajo was a 2WD base model 5 speed that lasted 315K mi. 2nd Navajo major repairs were Clutch, fuel pump, ball joints, and cylinder head rebuild at 210K mi. 3rd Navajo is a 4x4 5spd rust free TX truck and low mileage, no major repairs but needs front ball joints in the near future. Things to watch out for as a owner front ball joints, fuel pumps rusting out (northern trucks), push rods (making tapping noise) and rubber plugs on back of 5 spd transmissions shift housing, they dry out rubber cracks leaking fluid until trans goes dry on fluid, to fix remove plugs clean with brake clean and reinstall them with Ultra grey. Automatic trans. are weak for towing and 4x4 axle u joints are a big money repair. Over all these are great trucks
I have a 2000 Town Car Cartier L series I bought it with very low miles. 3rd Town Car I have owned, my 1990 Cartier had 225k mi and my 1992 had 278k mi before the frame rusted out (lived up north then). Intake was replaced due to a bad plastic coolant crossover pipe design. I upgraded all ball joints, idler arm, and tie rod ends with MOOG greasable performance suspension parts (my choice old ones were fine). I installed Bilstein comfort ride shocks and Arnot limo grade rear air bags with lifetime warranty (old shocks and bags were good). Finally installed cast aluminum transmission pan with drain plug, so I could change my own fluid. Now this car performs and rides like a dream, I have 90k miles on it and can do all the routine maintenance work my self in the garage, easy to work on compare to most newer cars. Also the stretched rear doors on the L series is worth every penny. I talk to a guy at the airport once and he had over 600,000 mi on his L series and I hope to due the same. Living in TX I don't have to worry about rust either. Lincoln Town Car's have always been great cars for me would recommend them to anyone.
The best car I've ever had. I use it for a couple of long trips a year, pulling the fishing boat in and out of all sorts of conditions, and a 40 mile commute every day. 108k on it with no repairs. I keep the tires rotated and aligned and have gotten 55-60k each set. Still drives like new and gets 21mpg overall. I'll drive this one 'till the wheels fall off and gladly buy another..
We have a 1999 VW Passat 2.8 V6 5spd., my uncle bought it new. I bought it from my uncle at 90K. My uncle had new axles installed, control arms, and clutch. I now have a 122Kmi on this car and I think its a poor example of transportation. Coolant pipes under intake leak, major oil leak and smell from valve covers and cam chain tensioners. Electric water pump quit working, power steering leak, expensive timing belt replacement. Only seats I have ever rode in that give me lower back pains after 400+ road trip. For my house hold this car has been a piece of junk.
I bought this 1997 Taurus 7 years ago and now has 202,000 mi still passes Dallas emissions with original catylist converters. When I bought the car I upgraded ball joints, and tie rod ends with Moog suspension parts (best). Always had typical wear items serviced with Ford OEM parts such as fluid changes, brakes, belts, tune ups and batteries. Only two major repairs done with transmission rebuild at 167K mi and fuel pump at 190K mi. Overall this car has been great for our household, one of the more reliable cars out of the five we have. I would probably buy another Taurus again for the family.
I love my truck..however in the 6 months we have had it. We have had the brakes and rotors changed (normal wear and tear), then we took it in because it was shimming, come to find out it is the steering box, and also found out the intake manifold is leaking...good news is after getting those fixed should be back to good as new:).
Great SUV when it comes to price, style, and cargo space. But if you want something with power and/or towing capability, this is not the one for you.
Great car for the family. Repairs are reasonable and expected.
this car is starting to give me a headach
Have an '01 530 with 110k. Everything has been great on car but just had to replace starter and radiator. Other than that, car has always ran perfectly. Next car will have to be the M5
This is one of the finest luxury cars with the extended life with the minimum repairs as long as regular maintainence is performed. Simple oil changes and tire rotations will give you a reliable luxuty automobile Jerry Olsen
Sweet ride but LOTS of electrical problems--ignition coiled burned up and dashboard went bad. It also takes a long time to heat up (but the heated seats are "cool.")
Bought this 2001 Buick as second owner with 65,000 miles at a Buick Dealer in St. Augustine, FL. After 30 day warranty ended transmission started jumping when changing gears. Finally starting getting worse after a few more miles so I took it to AAMCO transmission. They said transmission was shot and needed total overhall for approx $2,700. After the work was done within a month same problem started again. They keep re-setting solinoid but problem kept happening. Took the car back many times to fix. Finally the repair was out of warranty and was never repaired correctly. Now after 1-1/2 years the transmission stopped working as I was driving down the road... just jumped out of gear and never would go back into ANY gear. Now, stranded in St. Augustine again....... I would not buy another Buick of any kind... besides, people think I'm older than I am just because I drive a Buick.
As a mother of 3 children, I have to say that my suburban has been wonderful!! All the kids got a window seat, there is always plenty of room for carseats, as well as extra passengers. I have over 285,000 miles on my suburban and my kids since have moved out. You would think I woukd downsize, but I can't image being without my suburban!! This truck has never let me down or stranded. Steller vehicle!!
Had no problems up until about 90k miles. My AC started binding up, which froze the drive belt and fried the alternator, which took out the battery. All told the damage came up to $2000 in one go. I live in Phoenix, but I tried to use the AC sparingly and just open up the windows so the AC dying was a surprise. Not the most pleasant, but overall it has been a great little car.
My first and last volkswagen! I researched carefully and thought there might be electrical problems (there were many + cruise failed twice and very expensive to repair I finally gave up on 3rd failure). I wanted a diesel engine for the higher mileage and fuel savings. I serviced it meticulously at VW dealership (timing belt, all servicing done right on schedule). Car engine dropped a valve at 180,000 km left me and my young children stranded in the middle of a packed 6 lane highway (needed emergency rescue to exit car to safety). VW offered nothing except offer to let me buy another new car from them (no deals)...I bought this car brand new and always VW serviced it...expected a lot more. I always had Hondas before and they were still running like a charm (no oil even being used) at 240,000 km+ with a gasoline engine. I have since heard that one can expect anything with VW made after 2004....German engineering made in Mexico is not the same. VW is a great little car as long as you do not mind buying it several times over and over and over again!
My wife bought the car new. Now has 71K miles. No need to change the oil, just the filter. It needs one quart of oil every 1000 miles. Loud engine, shakes very bad. Horn will sound for no reason then burn out (on my third horn). Automatic shifting is terribble, 3 sec hesitation when engine is cold. No heat in the winter. Need to fill tires up with air every three weeks, factor rims suck. Repair records are thicker than my Bible. Bergstrom Saturn Dealer is useless, the car will need to be brought into the shop at least three times before problem will be solved. I would never buy a Saturn again. The only good thing about this car is IT IS PAID FOR.
Over all this is a GREAT car. My second one , I didn't really like Fords because of the old saying ( Found On Road Dead ) or ( Fix Or Repair Daily ) those are all lies..This bird is dress to impress and Power to go anywhere at anytime..
I bought the SUV used at 68000. It now has 90000. Had the manifold replaced and some tie rod work. The a/c will need correction this summer ('10) as well as the fan switch. The SUV rides like a truck - typically bumpy, but the AWD is fantastic - never had a problem getting through snow or sleet. The power steering requires high effort, but tracks straight. I've had the SUV for 5 years now and it runs great. No engine/tran problems. All electrics work fine (except as noted.) Body has no rust.
Overall, I'm happy with this convertible. Looks good, rides well after 80000. Convertible top is strong, but has some excessive wear at a spot on the side. Rear window defroster contact points easily broken - poor design. Engine runs exceptionally quietly and the transmission is smooth. Only an oil light problem (solved via TSB) and a thermistat problem in 80000. Electro-luminescent dash had to be replaced at 36000, but no problems since. Front end weak. replaced tie rods, control arms. Chrome wheels rust, causing tire pressure leaks around the bead. Car finish is great. Very few rattles creaks at 80000. Good stereo except door speakers rattle when bass is high. BTW, we have 2 Sebring 'verts. The other is a 2001. This, too, rides smoothly, looks good and has no engine/trans issues. Only the rear window defroster has been a big pain - the contacts breaking frequently.
I agree with all the praise of this vehicle. Unfortunately after 192500 I noticed it started running hot. Three days ago it overheated due to no coolant. Filled the radiator and the next day the truck will not start. I checked the oil- and it seems to be mixed with the coolant. (chocalate-brown runny fluid). Advise on internet says blwon head gasket or even a cracked head. OUCH!!!! any advise!!!!!!!
Quick... This car will take you on down the street in a hurry. I hardly ever have to use the "Sport Mode" button, just step on the gas and hold on.
I loved this car when i 1st bought it, i am at 74,000 miles. 4000 over my warranty and the transmission is gone along with 2 motor mounts, nissan of north america had a terrible way of responding to my calls (never) !!!! and denied any help whats so ever. After paying $43,000 for my car its going to cost me $5,100 to repair, I just dont have that kind of money laying around, I exspected allot more from this car, i am truly heartbroken and dont recommend anyone by a nissan due to quality and service provided by the company.
Great car. Well balanced. Good comfort. I an selling and purchasing a new Audi A4 after only 35,000 miles. TIRE NOISE. Dealer suggested 528xi at $50K to solve THEIR problem. Have loved BMW since 2004, 2002. Enjoyed the 335xi and am going crazy with tire noise which BMW does not care to address. Good buy? No.
Great Car. I have the Elantra GT 5-door and it came with ABS, Traction Control, CD Player, Sunroof, Leather seats, side airbags for around 13K new. Nice and sporty looking and can carry more cargo than the one with the trunk. Almost 100K on the car and the only compaints are: 1. Brake rotors needed resurfacing after 12K so I put on a racing brake kit at 30K and have not had to replace rotors or pads since. 2. Clutch goes at 40K, so get an automatic or a racing clutch to save yourself $1K every 40K to replace the clutch. The clutch is normal wear and tear so it is not covered under the warrenty.
Despite the fact that I normally only advocate performance, exotic, and luxury vehicles, I love the hell out of this car. (I call it Casey) I bought this car salvaged, and the only major problem I've had since owning this car is the fabric on the roof peeling off a bit. I'm ashamed to say that I treat this car like crap, rarely taking it in for regular maintenence, and performing oil changes only when well overdue, but this car still performs like new, outpacing some luxury vehicles and effortlessly pulling 120 degree turns on the side of a canyon at 35 MPH (not recommended in any car if you value your life). When this car took a straight on collision from the rear at 30, the only damage a SKILLED mechanic could find was a hair-sized scratch on the bumper. This car still continues amazes me, and if you can find one with less than 150k on it at a good price, do yourself a favor and buy it.
I have a 2003 Expedition that I bought used in 2004, with 11,000 miles on it. It now has 110,000 miles and I still love it. I have had very few problems with it, and nothing out of the ordinary. WELL worth the tradeoff as far as gas mileage, this is the best vehicle I've ever owned. I'll drive it till it falls apart!
over all this is a wonderful car....if maintanance is kept up lexus will last forever!
I have the C230 with the sport package 7 speed automatic transmission with a v6 24 valve. I previously owned a 1994 Corvette. What a contrast. I find the C230 a sweet running car with sports car handling. Brakes stop on a dime and the mileage is 26 to 30 mpg. Talk about quiet, the stereo is fantastic and at low volume, I could hear any note. Very smooth ride with some road feel. All the other amenities work like a top luxury car. Although I do not have the brute power of the Vette, the power is very satisfactory for all driving situations. Great cost for a smaller luxury car. bill reno, nv
I have had my xterra for almost 4 years now and have never had a break down, however do have a couple of complaints. The Heat will not warm up until the car is in gear so even the coldest of mornings it really does me no good to "warm" the car up. We also have a 2005 Xterra and BOTH vehicles had the Fuel Sensor go out around 60K. The vehicle is also not comfortable for long rides. With all of that being said I still appreciate the fact that Nissan makes a reliable, sturdy SUV.