Newest Reviews:
  • 2001 Ford Focus I have a 2001 ZX3 with 300k on it. i have only had to replace the fule pump, and a motor mount. other than that only normal driving issues. i am a gm girl, but i have to say that ford finally got it right with the small car.
  • 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP wonderful car!!! i can not say more than that, it is a great car
  • 1993 Nissan 240SX I personelly think is one of the best cars of its type for doing perfornance modes to.
  • 1999 Mercedes-Benz ML320 I've had this car for 8 years. 7 years longer than any other car I've ever owned. I've put over 100K on it with minimal problems during that time.. I had an electronic motor go out of the 4 wheel drive components twice, both times it was covered under warranty. I also had a piece of plastic trim crack on the rear like another review had mentioned. All in all, it's a great car and I'd even think about owning another one.
  • 2005 Cadillac CTS wonderful car! no problems
  • 2003 Cadillac CTS i have a 2005. never had a problem. love the car
  • 2003 Nissan Frontier I have 101,000 miles on my frontier. I still have the original battery and for the most part, the only real problem I have had is the check engine light. I have had the EGR cleaned out at about every 10K. I preform most maintenance myself and found the truck easy to work on. During my last visual inspection I do see the need for suspension parts. This is my 2nd Nissan pick up in 20 years. The first one lasted 14 years with 153k before being totaled in an accident. I had pretty much the same luck with the first truck as I have had with this truck. I would buy another frontier and would recommend it to a friend.
  • 1998 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Altho I love this truck, it has some problems. Suspension and steering could be tighter- poor turning radius. I've had about every problem described in common problems, but I've owned Fords before this, and would buy this truck again- or any other Chevy- before another Ford. With 193,000 on my beast, it still runs strong. I feel like I've gotten my money out of it and plan to keep repairing until it gives out completely. To me, they are all "maintenance" repairs anyway at this mileage.
  • 1998 Nissan Maxima Car is pretty good in all,, but doesn't brake good slides a lot ,, hand brake freezes in cold weather,, doesn't have limited slip so wheels spin at every chance it gets , heat doesn't come up fast enough even when car has warmed up you have to turn up full blast until you have stared driven. The rear suspension sways to much on swift movements causing a fishtail like gesture ,,
  • 1999 Chrysler Concorde The car is a very good running car except for a few minor things,at 100k My inner bushings on tire rod started to go,starter is giving me problems.I don't beat on the car I actually baby it,driver side window motor has stopped working too.Its now 2010 and I only have 101k miles and the problems just keep coming.
  • 2006 Mercedes-Benz E350 Great car for the money.
  • 2002 Dodge Ram Van 3500 I own a Pleasure-Way Excel TS Dodge Ram Van 3500 which is an RV, not a regular van. It sways on the highway. I have taken it to the Dodge dealer several times for repair. Never could fix this problem correctly. Also, ball joint pushed out on front passenger side and A frame needed to be replaced. But that is the mechanics fault, not the vehicle itself. Never really got to enjoy my van due to so many problems.
  • 2006 Subaru Forester Great car! Very smooth ride. A pleasure to drive in both city and country. Handles really well on mountain roads and in the snow. My only complaint is that the towing capacity is only 2400 lbs. and I need a car with a much higher towing capacity.
  • 1994 Toyota Previa I have had this car for only 3 1/2 yrs. It had high mileage but we knew it would still lsat a little longer. I was in desperate need of a bigger vehicle because my family grew unexpectantly. I absolutely love my van. I have only had minor repairs that were routine maintenance. (tires,oil,lightbulb out) I am at 243,000 miles and its still going strong. Hope it will keep this up for at least another year. Only downfall to this van is it is hard to locate all the parts because of the way the engine is set up. Other than that its perfect.
  • 2004 Toyota Sienna Bought used, leased XLE. Have already bought tires, transmission fluid change, brakes cleaned, left front strut leaking oil so it and the right strut (allegedly) were replaced with alignment. Now the right strut leaked all of its oil and is scheduled for replacement after only about 3,000 miles. Do you think it was replaced? Is there a problem with the front struts on these vehicles? The rear door struts were replaced twice on recall. The front struts were covered by my extended warranty. Mechanically I have lost confidence in this vehicle. It is a functional design, but I have incurred too much maintaince regarding suspension.
  • 2002 Volkswagen Jetta Love my car but she costs me a fortune!
  • 2004 Ford Ranger This is a review of a 2004 XLT 4x4. With one big exception (for those who drive off-road or on rough gravel), this is a great pick-up. It runs well, drives good (except on studder bumps/washboard), handles just about anything you throw at it, is solid and dependable. For me the "fishtailing" was a huge concern -- since I drive on 35 miles of gravel on a daily basis. When the bed is unloaded, the truck is virtually impossible to handle when you drive across washboard. I know because this fishtailing action caused a roll-over. I was driving about 40-45 mph when I came across a section of dirt/gravel road which was rough (some people call it washboard, some studder bumps). The rear of the truck whipped around so quickly I couldn't make a correction....it felt as if a giant took ahold of the rear end and whipped it around; like the tailgate was trying to pass the hood. The truck slid into a ditch then rolled (from wheels to roof to wheels). Thankfully, I was belted in. The result is a tribute to the sturdy build of this little truck. The engine continued to run, all the lights worked (including dome -- even though the passenger side roof was crushed against the head rest) and the radio was still playing --- it was if nothing happened. I got my senses, retrieved all the stuff which flew out of the cab then drove on into work. Yes, after rolling this truck, I drove almost 40 miles to work. The truck didn't sputter, rattle, shake or shimmy....it continue to run great! The only "injury" I sustained was a tiny piece of glass in the top of my head.....no cuts or bruises! Amazing! Thank God. If you avoid washboard (or keep a couple hundred pounds in the bed), then you'll be happy with this pick-up. I highly recommend it.
  • 2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara MPG less than expected (lucky to get 19). Ad and salespeople tout this as a "true SUV". I must have a different idea as to a SUV -- because in my world a true SUV wouldn't have such big issues with dust/dirt (interior get COVERED). I travel over 35 miles of gravel road on a daily basis -- which was one reason for purchasing this "true SUV"; I needed a vehicle with all-wheel drive, decent ground clearance, good MPH (argh!!!), solid suspension and the ability to survive many miles of gravel and off-road use. The all-wheel drive system is AMAZING...it works!! I am very disappointed with the cars ability to seal out dust and dirt. The entire interior (especially the back compartment) gets COVERED with dust after each trip down the gravel. I tried and tried to have the dealer perform some type of fix...they had no resolution -- but, then again Suzuki had nothing either. They claimed it was due to the area in which I lived. Ahhhh....wrong. I had a 1993 Corolla with over 200k miles which didn't allow nearly as much dust in as the Grand Vitara. The standard Yokohama tires are junk....with less than 1,000 miles, two tires had non-repairable punctures; with less than 12,000 it become necessary to replace all four tires. My biggest complaints: the dust; poor MPG and terrible rotten lousy service from the dealer.
  • 2002 Buick Rendezvous I purchased my Rendezvous used for 3900.00. It had 165,000 miles on it. The only problems I have had is the window regulator on the passenger side went out, the back hatch will sometimes click when starting the car. When I purchased this car, the local Buick dealer called me to repair something with the hatch, a part that was recalled. Sence then is when I have started to have problems with the hatch. the latest thing is that it would not latch. I have had to leave it open, and my security system was flashing, makeing the windows, radio and door locks unusable. It was open for a night and now the battery is drained. wish me luck!!! I really love this car. Despite everything.
  • 2001 Audi A4 Quattro I just bought my 2001 A4 Audi Quattro and I am content with the car but th eonly thing that is troubling me is the Heater. Only cold air seems to come out of the vents even with the car being driven and started properly. It is very cold at the moment and I am suffering my having to dress extra layers of clothes just to drive my car.
  • 1991 Toyota MR2 Have owned my 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo now for about 2 years. Purchased the car with about 122,000 miles on it. I don't street race or anything like that, but I do drive it hard. I make sure my oil is changed about 200-250 miles before schedule always using Mobile1 20w50. I have had no major problems. The factory turbocharger still boosts very strong. I am at about 144,000 miles now and the clutch is beginning to slip. Also I have had to replace the water temperature sender for the gauge. Nothing major...especially for a turbocharged car that is 20 years old. It is a very stiff ride with limited interior space. This isn't a complaint of course...it is a mid-engine sports car. This car provides the most enjoyment I have ever had in a daily driven car.
  • 2000 Jaguar XJ8 I like the car alot, I have only one real problem with this vehicle and that is documentation or written vehicle support. Getting information about repair is harder than finding out military secrets. On the other side if you own a OBD2 checker and mantain your vehicle this vehicle will last you forever.
  • 1995 Mercury Cougar I bought this car for 1200 dollars. Has lasted two years + with very little repair. Have had to get A arm repaired twice. Just had to replace key assembly. I was even in an accident and it's still running well. The transmission has skipped since I've had it but I don't push the car much, yet I do drive a lot. I used to drive and hour to band practice and back 3 times a week, and I drive to NYC and Philly a lot. No problems.
  • 2005 Ford Mustang GT As soon as my car dropped out of warranty it basically fell apart. It's almost as if key components are designed to fail. If this car was brand new it would be replaced under the lemon law, but since it worked perfectly up until the warranty expired, I'm now stuck with a total POS. 27k miles - California owned car. It looks like its in perfect condition but its a perfect piece of poo.
  • 2006 Ford Expedition 1998 blus xlt- 4x4 had it since 99 was off a rental yard.(was in an accident) 2010 and has 320,000 miles 2 alternators 1 serptine belt-changed at 220,000 4 ignition coils changed plugs every 100k 1 front cv axle 2 maf sensors 1 driver door lock 1 driver side exhaust gasket 1 starter. 2 lower ball joints and a whole lot of fuel filters and syn oil This truck grew up with me..through my single days to the family days=) from spinning in circles, jumping curbs, big trails ...now to kids games church on Sundays and wifey to the mall and i still drive with a heavy foot and drive it like a truck. I love this truck but daddy wants a new toy but cant get the excuse to get one...guess old blue loves me too..
  • 1994 Volkswagen Jetta This car is a peice of crap! We bought this car used about 2 weeks ago and right as I write this it is in the shop being "fixed". We had the car for about 4 days when it left myself and my 7 week old son and my 4 year old son on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere in minus 35. When we first got the car we were excited b/c we always wanted a Diesel car. We even laughed about the ALL the electrical problems: 1. The heat only works on high. So it's off or full bore. 2. The heat only works if the headlights are on. 3. There are no low beams only high beams. 4. The only way to turn the headlights on is to pull the lowbeam/highbeam switch and jam a pen behind it. 5. Can only make left turns as the right turn signal lights don't work. 6. When making left turns if you turn on the signal light the pen falls out no there's no lights and no heat. 7.We have power window, not windows, WINDOW, but at least it's the drivers window. 8. Sometimes we can't get out of the car and have to repeatedly pull the handles very hard till it works. 9. Doesn't like to go into second gear. 10. Water pump failure is what left us on the road. That said for some reason we still love this little car, but we won't be taking it very far from home until we can have a VW dealership look at it. As it is we live 2 hours away from the nearest one so we'll wait until summer lol. Oh,and we live in Canada not LA but you need a Zip Code to fill this thing out. lol
  • 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser Bad things, head lights are glazed over, turning radius is awful, tire wear seems to be bad, if you have the steel crome plated rims, they rust inside and have to be cleaned or the tires lose air, if the water pump needs replaced you better be ready to dig deep in the wallet. Good things, styling, reliable, body has no rust and clear coat hasn't faded, engine has plenty of pep.
  • 1993 Mazda Protege I bought this car many yaers ago when it it had 120,000 miles on it. It has over 250,000 now. Problems I have had all seem to be the norm, struts, brakes, tie rod ends, CV joints, etc. Over all this has been a very reliable car. No auto transmission issues, engine still runs good, not as strong anymore I'm sure the compression is low, interior when cleaned looks very good. The body has just started to get a couple of rust spots. If my daughter wouldn't have ran it into a guard rail and crushed the front end I would think of getting the engine rebuilt and drive it for another 150,000 miles.
  • 2005 Chevrolet Aveo This was the first vehicle I bought without anyone cosigning and I have found it to be a great vehicle. A few hiccupps in the beginning from a flaw in my engine, but otherwise the vehicle has been great. I have taken it on long distances as well as short city hops. I have only seven months left on it and I only ran into my first problem, had to replace my serpentine belt and Tensionor pulley, of which I was able to repair on my own. I do highly reccommend this vehicle to a new driver and to first time car buyers. It is reliable and excellent on fuel.
  • 1991 Toyota Camry Reason I rated exhaust low is the prices of the parts. They seem to be higher than most. I bought the car from a friend for $300. Front left bearing was shot, replaced it for $25. The cat converter is clogged, $400 for a new one and the flex pipe is shot $194 for one of those. Other than that the cars runs fine and suspention is in good condition. Not bad for a car this old and with 200,000 miles on it.