Newest Reviews:
  • 2000 Ford Explorer Humm where to start with problems? thermostate off the dealers lot, both front bearing/hub assembles, (not at once either ford refused to do both at once since it was under warranty they were done a week apart) rear bearings (bolt on the spider broke while changing bearings so new axle) all doors are closed, slammed shut and door ajar light still one ended up pulling both dome lights out, Save people the hassle don't buy a exploder, i mean explorer
  • 1997 Ford F-150 Bought thi truck six years ago with 45k miles. Now have 108000. In 2006 it caught fire in the engine compartment while parked on a city street with the engine off, if not for a bypasser spotting smoke coming from under the hood, it would have burned to the ground. It cost my insurance co. 4600.00 for repairs. Ford offered nothing although they later had a recall for the same problem. The AC controls don't work properly and the heater core is leaking.
  • 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Great truck! Average mileage on a 5000 mile western camping trip with the truck loaded with gear and 4 passengers was 19.1 MPG.
  • 2006 Chevrolet HHR We only have 42000 miles on this car and have had more than our share of problems with the front suspension. The dealer replaced the bearing assembly on the right side under warranty but now I think the left side is bad. I don't believe you should have these kinds of problems with such low mileage.
  • 1996 Mazda 626 great car has plenty of get up an go at almost 200,000. can't complain
  • 1999 Volkswagen Golf Bought the car used with 120,000 for $3,500. So far I've encountered no problems other than replacing a front wheel bearing(127,000). The transmission is tight and the engine has a lot of life left in it.
  • 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 I purchased the truck in 2009 with 112,000 mi. I had checked the Carfax before purchase and I was the 4th owner. The truck is very sound with just some minor rust in the usual spots. Engine and drive train are strong and overall the truck rides, feels, and looks new. The only problem I have had was the OEM Fog lights didn't work Solid as Rock!!
  • 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Bought mine about two years ago. Had a few problems just because of previous owner. Its a great car. Fun to drive being a manual and all. I have had problems with the fuel pump and a fuel leak and just regular maintenance. Have to replace to clutch but other than that great car!
  • 2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK500 When I purchased my car it was 2 year old and had 24,000 miles. I did not know anything about cars and this is my first benz. I runs great but has had many other problems with the electrical, suspension and heating. But even though I have 93,000 miles on it now; Mercedes stepped up and repaired the suspension as a warranty issue. I had not gotten a carfax when I purchased the car. My suggestion is to get a carfax and puchase a dealer certified vehical. It will save a lot of time, money and problems. To a degree I am happy with my car, I love the way it drives and Mercedes Benz Company has been very good to me. The customer service at my dealership has been great. I have found that good communication with you service person is very, very important. Get to know the service manager and your service representative. After the repair of my suspension problems the heater started working better and the engine runs quite. Although my windsheild wipers have stopped working; I believe this is a wiper motor problem or a fuse. Amazing the joys of car ownership. I do hope that my next Benz has made improvements. Thanks to Mercedes Benz for helping me understand and care for the car I love.
  • 1999 Mercedes-Benz C280 I absolutely love this car ~ i have had it for about 5 years and can say that its a very reliable car. Very expensive to fix things but all in all its definitely worth it.
  • 2000 Chevrolet Corvette My 5th Corvette since '62. Sex on wheels. The best I've ever had. I test drove the 2008 and didn't like it as well. The interior was cheap by comparison. I don't drive this one hard but had to replace the transmission at 110,000... big surprise. Nevertheless, Corvette's are an incredible ride.
  • 2007 Buick Rendezvous You don't know how good a vehicle is until it's old enough to know. After 3 years our Rendezvous has not been back to the dealer except for the free inspections. Our 8 year old Rendezvous has 90K miles and has cost $101 for repairs. So far our Buicks have been as reliable and perform as good as anything on the road. We get a easy 26 to 28 mpg and a very smooth quiet ride with 110 cubic feet of cargo space. You can haul 7 people and still get 25mpg. The stainless steel exhausts aren't even thinking of failing and the galvanized bodies will look like new after 10 years. So far so good.
  • 2006 Dodge Dakota I bought my truck from Worthington Dodge (Now Closed) as a used truck in April 2009 with 54000 miles on it. I ended up taking the truck back 7 times to the dealership to have brake work done in it from a nasty vibration while braking. It still does it now even after they pretty much replaced all the brake components and did two alignments and balanced the tires twice. But now its at least bearable. The automatic transmission has made noise in 5th gear since I bought it. The dealer blew me off on that claim. The engine V8 engine is pathetic at only 230hp vs. a Nissan V6 with 265hp in the Frontier. The highest MPG I have gotten is about 18.5 so its not the greatest...Other than that I love the way the truck drives, the suspension is great and I haven't had any breakdowns yet! Its the perfect size for me.
  • 2005 Chevrolet Malibu I own a 2005 Chevy Malibu LS, I absoltuly love it! I have had nothing go wrong, everything works. Great MPG, it usually get 35-40 MPG. Love the electric steering. Favorite part of the car is the exterior, very stylish, and the interior very comfortable. I would highly recomend this car!
  • 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt My wife purchased a cobalt in 04, after 200 miles the engine was blown, it was replaced under warranty. Since then the pick-up was never as strong. the battery died 3 to 4 months later. the headlights have been foggy since 05. both door handles randomly decide not to work. The A-C started leaking on the passenger side in 06, both windows have came off the track multiple times. The suspension links have both gone out. It has the worst traction of any car I've driven even after we had to reeplace the tires at 20,000 miles. it also randomly over heats to 220. the suspension is going out again. the shifter also caused the key to stick and was replaced. A sensor went out that the dealer we bought it from charged 800 dollars to replace. It is currently in the shop because it doesn't start, it only turns over. It does get great gas mileage so at least that helps to pay for a fraction of its constant repairs. By far the purchase we've ever made! And I almost forgot, it has the worst traction when stopping!
  • 1991 Ford F-150 great truck i got 167k on mine still runnin stong... minor oil leak. the gas mileage sucks and hurts the wallet to fill up but after all the abuse my truck takes it never lets me down
  • 1999 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Bought new in late 98 and now 175,000+ miles. Fuel pump failed at about 150,000 No other issues until last year. A/C finally had to be replaced. Water pump same year. Can't complain. This truck is a work horse. Towed enclosed 24 foot racecar trailer all over West coast and a 24 foot cabin cruiser from Sacramento River to Columbia River to Lake Mead to Lake Havasu... never a mishap.
  • 2005 Mazda Mazda6 2005 Mazda 6 Sport Wagon. Overall pleased with the car. It's fits my skis on the inside and it's fun to drive. 1. However, Check engine light shows trouble code P0455 (Evap Emmission Control Leak - Large). Takes 7-8 seconds of cranking to start the car after removing fuel filler cap (after a fill-up). After that it starts fine. Not sure if this is a gas cap problem, purge valve or what. Dealer wants about $100 to diagnose/pull codes. Anyone know what this is? 2. The 6-speed auto transmission often down-shifts too sharply (jolts/clunks) when downshifting into 4th gear. Dealer checked this out earlier but couldn't find anything wrong. ...Wish I could solve these two problems--I'd be a happy camper.
  • 1999 Hyundai Tiburon Great car. Love it.
  • 1998 Cadillac Seville STS THE WORST CAR I EVER OWNED..THE CAR FELL APART WEEK BY WEEK BUT THE STYLE OF THE CAR LOOKS GREAT..OVER 50TRIPS TOO THE DEALER....BRING YOUR WALLET
  • 1999 Audi A6 Quattro I have had this car for almost 3 1/2 years now. Bought it used at 119k miles and have since had a couple of the 100k problems expected with normal wear and tear. We have put a little over 60k miles on quattro since we adopted her and still love it. The interior allways impresses, and I would and have reccomended this car to a friend. Friend finally saw the light and hung up the subaru keys for and Audi. Got 10" of snow last year, and I was the only one in a small 30 unit condo community that made it out of the lot and into the roads. Great ride, excellent handling, and it is allways, perfect Audi weather. Don't get one if you like to use weather as an excuse to play hookey from work. These things will get you almost anywhere. Pavement or not! Now remember kids, if it isn't an Audi that you're driving, it should be. Keep that in mind the next time mother nature gets a little messy...
  • 1995 Toyota 4Runner I LOVE my 4Runner! I gave a 3* in electrical, because my rear air, back up lights, and front running lights do not work, and I can't figure out why...4* in engine because I think a vehicle of this size should get a little better MPG's (otherwise it is great). It handles AWESOME in 4X4 driving. mine has a 2" lift & 30" tires, but my friends call it the "mountain Goat". My family of 5 fits pretty comfortable, its fun to drive and the 4Runner bodies (all years) are attractive! PS mine has 197,000 miles and very minimal repairs!
  • 1993 Chevrolet Caprice Handle well but the engines seems to vibrabe at high speed
  • 2003 Ford Windstar I have a spark knock problen with this car. The trouble code indicated that it was a lean on #6. I thought it was an injector but was advised that the intake seals are bad. The bolt seals from the factory that are black in color developed a vacume leak. This pulls air and oil into the intake runner resulting in a lead fuel mixture creating the spaks knock problem. Instaled the new bolt seals that are green (replacement bolt color) along with the other intake seals and fixed the problem. Took about 1.5 hour to replace.
  • 1997 Nissan 200SX Been very reliable, fun to drive. Could be more comfortable, but still very good for a compact car. Very good gas mileage. Smarter than your average 'smart' car.
  • 1997 Saturn SL2 we purchased vehicle with 14000 mile it has been great running on highway and good on gas mileage. very dependable
  • 1991 Oldsmobile 98 I have no clue how many miles the car has because the entire digital dash quit working. The air-conditioning doesn't work either and a ton of other things. Now, I've been told the head gasket is starting to go which will cost more to fix than the car is worth! On the up side it is a comfy car with lots of leg room and head room. It drives smooth and it's a pretty quiet car. When it shifts it doesn't jerk around which is nice and mine still has the original sound system which sounds pretty good. It steers like a dream and I could probably drive it with one finger (except that's not too safe ^_^).
  • 1996 BMW 318ti Great on Gas, Great For parking
  • 2009 Buick LaCrosse My last 3 Cars have been Buick's. The LaCrosse is the Best.
  • 2005 Ford Explorer 66k miles and only oil changes. Besides the poor fuel efficiency, this car is great. Good acceleration, smooth ride. I do get the false 4X4 engagement described in one of the TSBs when I make sharp turns at low speeds, but not a big deal. Bought the leather seats, which was a mistake. Had two of them replaced under warranty after about 6 months. Car is 4 years old now and they are all cracking.