Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

Bought my '08 Rado when it was already a year old. I had owned a Chevy S-10 and it was small small small. I didn't want another small truck and I didn't want a full size (had one of those too) truck, this 'Rado is the perfect mid-sized truck! I absolutely love this truck, it has that 'retro' looking front end...love the squareness of it...and the grill looks like it's full of headlights/lamps! Wouldn't trade this truck for anything, it's a KEEPER!
We have a 2005 Durango with 83,000 miles and a 4.7. The only major issue we have had and believe it or not was a brake pedal rattling. We thought it had major front end issues, but turned out that a 28 cent C clip fixed the problem. Also, when the back seats are empty, they rattle a little. We avereage 22 miles per gallon on the highway. Bought it new and has been serviced by an OCD person.
Would buy again
Bought Her in 2006, have had some issues but overall I've it 's a great car. Have invested 4k so far, it's surely a worth while investment. When I do get another car, it will certainly be a Caddy.
300,000 miles on my 1995 Prism! I replaced the front exhaust pipe when the car had 295,000 miles. The clutch was replaced with 275,000 miles. The mechanic couldn’t believe it. I don’t know how many tires and break jobs I have gone threw, but that has nothing to do with the quality of the car. The harmonic pulley on the front of the engine split in half the day after it hit 300,000, so the belts and pulley were replaced. The suspension is really feeling the ware and needs to be fixed if I decide to keep driving it. When the weather gets real cold and you hit a bump it’s like the frame is going to cave in. I not sure what there called but they look like heavy duty shocks connected to the frame. Someone told me the gas in them probably has leaked out. Anyway, the interior is in pretty good shape, all dash instruments, lights, knobs and radio/tape deck work fine. There is no power anything in the car and the A/C still works fine. The only consistence maintenance has been oil changes. The hub caps started falling off when the car had around 80- 90,000 miles. I never did replace them and wax , forget it. I guess that’s about it.
This car is the worst car I have ever purchased. I bought the car used with about 70,000 miles, the car now has a little over 100,000 miles and I have had nothing but problems. The only thing I like about this car is the way it looks and drives. I have had to replace the brakes,fuel pump, altenator, key ignition, pro arm links on wheels and other random things. I would not recommend this car to anyone. Stay away from this car!
Owned for over 8 years now and 142,000 miles. Car has done really well for us. Some expected repairs after 100,000. Engine, transmission, heat/AC, alternator, and starter have all been trouble free. Power door lock actuators had to be replaced, as did sway bar links. Really everything still works on the car though considering all the options it has.
bought a very clean 2000 automatic GS trim for $4,500. It's my favorite vehicle purchase so far when compared to 2001 Taurus, 2004 Lincoln LS, and 1998 ford escort, all of which i bought in the past. I guess my advice is go try a japanese motor next time.
We have an 05 BMW 325i with 89K miles(owned it since 20K) and approx 60K are highway miles. I'm religous about my scheduled maintainance(dusty TX conditions). Great car to drive... be prepared for mechanical (peripherals) and/or electrical issues when the warranty runs out. We've had 3 confirmed oil leaks, head rest mechanism broke replaced(45K) and are wearing out again(we DON'T even adjust them)... i notice a trend. Front passenger window gear is malfunctioning, rear taillight lens cover leaked and shorted out the tail light assembly(replaced). Alternator fried and overcahrged the battery(leaked acid in the battery pan)... fun mess to clean out of the truck when it exploded. Now the A/C compressor stopped working. I'm fed up with this car. The last few things have happened in the last 3 weeks. I have a dodge truck that's two yrs older with nearly double the mileage and the only things i've needed to replace were the Exhaust o2 sensors and I did that myself. I maintain my vehicles very well and BMW makes it next to impossible to work on those vehicles with every speial tool known to man!!! You best be able to afford the warranty and/or afford to trade in on a regular basis! Not what I expected in the way of quality!
I own the Eurosport stationwagon. The third row of seats gives seatbelts for eight so hauling our Boy Scouts is no problem. The 3.1 v-6 delivers plenty of torque and gets very reasonable gas mileage; close to 30mph if driving conservatively. On days while by myself, I enjoy the quick ratio rack and pinion steering and firm suspension. This car handles trail breaking very well so I enjoy agressive turns, too. The body style is timeless and vehicle entry is very easy. Visibility is great. I have a receiver hitch and pull a small trailer to haul Troop gear and hardly feel it is back there. The odometer quit about 13 years ago but I estimate there is about 320,000 miles on my car.
This was a great driving car but then the steering started that shimmy and it has been an uphill battle. Next stop, front control arms to try to correct it. It has been a major issue. Replaced bushings, steering rack etc and still not fixed. I talked with a bmw dealer and they know this has been a problem. BMW should have issued a recall on those control arms. Will be the last bmw I will ever buy because of that.
It is a 1994 a good car, only thing i repaired on it was the altinator at 70,000 miles and at 88,000 miles I had to replace the water pump and pulley which broke because of the pump also causing the serpentine belt to break which is ok if you know how to replace these items
Just purchase 1999 Mercedes-Benz c230 Kompresser. Love it. Handles great!!! Engine quite and runs smooth.. With the 2.3 L engine + Kompresser with the 185 horse power and super charger-it has plenty of zip. Great gas mileage for commuting to and from office or appointments. Still has that great shine and nice wheels. Comfortable interior. First time I ever bought a 10 year old car. And I was pleasantly surprise on its relaibility, handling and comfort in the leather seats.
I have a 1991 9C1 police package version. I have 241,000 miles on this car and she is still going strong. If your looking for a fuel efficient car, this one is not for you.
Great car and minus the wheel hop the car would be PERFECT.....no complaints though its the best of both worlds, fast like a muscle car and luxurious like your typical caddy.
I have a 2004 Titan with 105,000 miles and this is by far the best truck I have owned. There has been no problems with anything, except brakes. I had a early recall for the brakes, but have not had a problem sense. I have 95,000 miles on the rear breaks. I have changed the fronts once.
Love my 2002 GLE. Smooth as silk, very reliable and quick as a scalded cat. Turning radius is poor though and with torque steer considered this baby is more of a cruiser than a hot rod. Will handle high speeds on good roads with an ease perhaps too attractive if you know what I mean.
I bought my aveo in Feb of 2006 and just recently changed my timing belt. The car has been a pleasent surpise with no problems I drive about 135 miles a day. Overall I have been satisified.
I bought this POS for my daughter wrongly thinking VWs were reliable. We have had constant problems with it, the most expensive, frustrating and recent being the secondary air injection system which will not allow it to pass state inspection. My one experience with Volkswagen has been a nightmare.
Headlights could be brighter, engine is a tad underpowered, air conditioner freezes over, rear suspension hops when going over rough bumps. Nice car to drive. Expect fuel mileage from 16-18 city, and 22-25 hwy, depending on conditions.
lower ball joint broke soon after exiting the freeway,almost a wipout.
transmission problems at 111,000 miles and well kept.
A completely solid performer in all areas. Great mileage 27 city 34 highway with the automatic. Handsome and comfortable, well made and quiet on the road. Great handling and braking. Happy every time I drive it.
Is anyone willing to send around some sort of petition for mazda to honor certain repairs under a lemon law? I have read numerous complaints online about poor starting, idling, and ignition problems. Here is what is going on. Faulty ignition coils are causing misfires in one or more cylinders and even on occasion causing the coil drivers inside the PCM to malfunction, causing a dead cylinder, even if the coil is replaced. If driven with a misfire, one or more of the 3 catalytic converters can become plugged or damaged causing poor acceleration, lack of power, and exhaust backpressure strong enough to blow out the EGR valve.
I love this car and expect my next car will also be an S60, however I do wish the turning radius was better. Back seat space is tight but I rarely have anyone back there.
I took my 2008 ES 350 in for the recall and 30,000 mile service. I took it back 3 days later with a transmission problem. They said it was nothing they did but now I need a new transmission.
Love my Grand Am GT, no problems with this car!!
this is the third town car i have had, The last 1993 i sold with 230.000 thousand mil.The person drove it for another 45.000 mil untel it got rear ended, never had any major problems, Now i just bourt a 1996 with 103. mil one owner . IT gets 18mil per. gal and 26hwy. Thats 5 gal more then my neighbors get with there 4x4.Caddalacks are a poor mans lincoln .
Great car for the price I have not been disappointed. Had to have sensor in the fuel tank replaced, but it was covered under warranty with no problems, and nothing besides regular maintenance since. The rear brake pads do seem to need replaced far more often than the front, though this may just be some quirk with my car (or how I drive, I'm not gentle with my cars no matter how hard I try). No complaints and hopefully after another 5 years I will be buying another.
We've had this car about 5 years, and we bought it used. Certainly not the most reliable car we've ever had. Like another reviewer, we've had to constantly replace the battery/alternator. We've taken it to multiple mechanics, including dealers, with no luck. Looks like we may be due for another, as every time we give it gas, the battery light faintly comes on. We've also had to replace the tone rings in addition to a few other minor repairs. Even regular maintenance can get fairly expensive as the vehicle seems poorly engineered and can be difficult to get to common things like the spark plugs. The car already has paint peeling and is starting to rust out in places . Probably our last Ford Escape.